Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I can't stop buying pillows

... because they're all terrible.

My mother, unprompted, bought me a "MyPillow" too (yes, I know the CEO is a Trump-loving cult member) and it is just a foam-filled pillow, nothing special. Clearly the brand is marketing only.

I am trying to find a good pillow. Foam-filled pillows are too hot. Several of my current pillows are so flat and floppy and scrunched they may as well not be there. But they are cooler than the foam pillows, by far. Last night I kept flipping my pillows because they were soaked in sweat. And I had the air conditioning set to 64!

Does anyone know a GOOD PILLOW that is 1) cooling 2) does not lose shape easily 3) Medium or Firm density? Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2020 8:45 AM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 1:23 PM

R1 is that what you use? Any experiences with it?

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 1:47 PM

OP, I used to go through pillows like water.

I know it looks gimmicky, but I bought one of these at TJ Maxx last year and it's the best pillow I've ever used.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 1:56 PM

R3 Just likes that pillow because the label says "Deluxe Queen."

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 1:59 PM

Whatever you decide on, don't forget to put it in an anti-dustmite pillow cover.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 2:03 PM

Foam latex but it's not really cooling. Those Mediflow pillows are probably cool, they are partially filled with water, I had a couple but I didn't find them that special. The foam latex i have see to be the best I have had so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 2:11 PM

i had your same disorder, OP. here's what i found:

buy the cheapest damned pillow that you can find in the height that suits your sleeping position, and that is washable. by the best mattress you can absolutely get with the money you have.

the end.

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 2:35 PM

Duck down feather pillows are my favorite but I know some people can be allergic to them.

by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 2:42 PM

I don't use pillows

by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote] Duck down feather pillows are my favorite but I know some people can be allergic to them.

Yes, but just get the fake feather ones to avoid the allergy. Also, you need to have 4 or 5 of them because they don't hold much shape.

by Anonymousreply 10August 1, 2020 2:51 PM

I highly recommend UGG bed pillows. I tried them on a whim and they’re fantastic. I’ve given them to friends as gifts.

by Anonymousreply 11August 1, 2020 3:00 PM

I have two down-filled pillows that I got at Ikea...they're great. I use them together, so when the down settles and they compress, they're just the right size to support my neck. I sleep on my side, btw. Cool in the summer, and warm in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 3:01 PM

I bought these from Amazon a month ago based on the good reviews and price. I haven't been so comfortable at night in years. I HIGHLY recommend them. I paired the pillows with new all linen bedding from Target called Casaluna and a cotton/cashmere quilt from the same brand. I've been quite happy sleeping this summer. It appears that the link is too long to post on here, but if you pull up Amazon, and look up Basic Beyond Goose Down Feather Pillow, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 3:05 PM

R2 no, I use an UTTU brand pillow which I also got off amazon. It doesn’t have a cooling feature but it isn’t too hot (for me).

by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 6:15 PM

I feel your pain, OP.

I need a medium firm pillow and I loved one that was a Macy's pillow - Martha Stewart. It was half foam and half filling, and it was for sure the most perfect pillow ever and helped me keep my head elevated, but wasn't so hard as some all foam pillows can be.

Macy's discontinued it and I haven't found anything similar, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 6:21 PM

The Cozypure LaNoodle pillow is the best pillow in the world. I use the light fill, but there are multiple fill choices, and there is also an adjustable version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 6:25 PM

[quote] It appears that the link is too long to post on here, but if you pull up Amazon, and look up Basic Beyond Goose Down Feather Pillow, that's it.

Is this what you are talking about R13, because the URL wasn't too long for me, which makes me wonder if this is the one you were talking about, I was going to suggest you use Tinyurl to shorten the URL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 1, 2020 6:44 PM

R8: Down feathers are plucked from ducks and geese kept in crowded, dirty conditions. Plucking is also painful to the animals, like pulling out clumps of your own hair. Avoid animal cruelty and get pillows with synthetic filling.

by Anonymousreply 18August 1, 2020 7:12 PM

R17 Amazon includes a lot of tracking stuff in the urls so you have to shorten them usually, depending on how you got to the page. Basically delete everything starting at the ?

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 11:06 PM

That's it, R17. Good to know, R19, I was unaware of that. Sorry, I like my down.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Pillows are cheap. Throw them out every six months and buy new. More hygienic, you don't have to worry about them going flat, and you can try out different fills.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 12:32 AM

My pillows cost $150 each. Not cheap.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 12:34 AM

Sorry about the night sweats, O.P..

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 12:41 AM

I’m pregnant

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2020 12:43 AM

What about those contoured neck Swedish pillows they used to sell?

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2020 1:17 AM

Bamboo pillows are cooling. They last a year. I buy very expensive German and Austrian down pillows as well. They last longer but not great in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2020 1:20 AM

I have bamboo sheets on my bed and they are indeed cooling. I have some foam pillows with 100% bamboo rayon pillowcases on them and the foam chunks still seem to absorb and radiate heat.

Is natural latex cooling? I've seen some pricey pillows that use that instead of foam.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2020 1:31 AM

I can't stop bullying pillows.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 3:07 AM

[quote]I don't use pillows

What do you bite, then?

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2020 6:18 AM

Went on a trip to Europe and on the Second leg of our journey had the best night's sleep of my life- specifically because of the pillow. Took off the case and looked at the tag- " Sahara Nights".

When I came home and later ordered it online was pleasantly surprised to find out it didn"t cost an arm and a leg- I didn't even bother to see what it was made of. Here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2020 6:38 AM

I get second-hand pillows from a 5-star hotel nearby and they are all great pillows!!!

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2020 6:52 AM

I can't stop burying my face in pillows.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2020 6:54 AM

Pillows are either too hard or too soft. I haven't found one that is good for my neck.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2020 6:56 AM

Agree with the poster above about the bamboo pillow. It's wonderful. Only around $30 too.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2020 8:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!