Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 25

The end of the road.

The end of the journey.

And a two-hour series finale, next Thursday November 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367January 19, 2021 3:13 AM

The other thread is paywalled, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2020 7:21 AM

[Quote] Also the worst thing really was what happened to Amara. A female character who was imprisoned by her brother for ions and now is trapped inside Jack. It's pretty gross.

Supernatural treats it's female characters terribly because of it's shitty fandom so that's not shocking.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2020 8:18 AM

Amara appears in the final episode next week.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2020 10:33 AM

It's funny how the nature of criticism against this show changes. One hour, Supernatural is a pandering PC series; another, it treats female characters like trash.

One of main points in the series is -- humanity should stand on its own, and not follow the orders of the supernatural. People who were upset they turned God or Billie into villains, or that Amara isn't getting a ritzy end, do not understand the series at all.

Jack is an exception because he is still part of humanity. Amara now shares Jack's being, since she is a part of him, and as long as it lasts it will be a force for good and freedom.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2020 2:44 PM

Back to the Destiel scene from the last week's episode: I liked the scene, what Castiel said, and how Misha delivered it. I haven't watched TV except for Supernatural in many years and I think that was the first declaration of gay love that I saw on a TV series. I didn't get to be as touched as certain fans, maybe because I had never noticed Destiel before, and so I never realized how much had to happen to get to Castiel's goodbye. Certain things, it is true, are hard to miss - for example, the fact that Dean recorded a mix tape for Castiel - but I ignored that kind of thing as a joke, or as fanservice, on the part of the writers.

But, as I said, I did like the scene and I watched the episode about five times, mostly to have an excuse to see the scene again.

But that changed when I saw yesterday the following excerpt from an episode of season 13, in which Castiel talks to Empty. The Empty tells him:

[quote]Oh, save it. I have tiptoed through all your little tulips. Your memories, your little feelings, yes. I know what you hate. [bold](Whispers) I know who you love…[/bold] what you fear. [bold]There is nothing for you back there.[/bold]

And now it is impossible not to see in those words a reference to what Castiel felt for Dean.

Castiel sat on his feelings for a long time, and now that I realize that, it's hard to watch that scene again and not sob.

And this is especially so because the Empty got it right, too, when he said there was nothing more for Castiel to do on earth, implicitly because both Castiel and the Empty knew that the love he felt wasn't going anywhere. Which, by the way, was proven right when Castiel said "I love you" to Dean in his goodbye scene, and in answer Dean could do nothing more than murmur: "Don't do this, Cas." It wasn't meant to be, and Castiel died seeing that. At least he knew that was what was going to happen and Dean's discomfort with his feelings did not detract from the bliss that Castiel got from telling the truth (sobbing). And, finally, he managed to give his feelings a greater sense by using them to save the man he loved (sobbing again).

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2020 3:06 PM

I don't care what you cold hearted bitches say.

This episode was GOOD.

The doggy was cute.

And the music made me so emotional.

But it was the recap of all the important characters who have ever appeared on the show, that made me tear up.

It's really the end of one of my favorite shows, and I can see why Jared and Jensen said that they were both wrecks at the end of filming.

You can't do something for 15 years, with people that you really care about, and something that means so much to so many people, and not break down.

The way that this episode ended, I honestly thought that this was the finale, even though I knew there were two more episodes.

I was so confused.

What more story is there to tell?

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2020 3:29 PM

I watched the ending scene over again three times.

And every time, it made me cry!!

I just can't believe that there is only one more episode left.

I can honestly say that it is probably my favorite television show ever, along with Cheers and Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2020 3:30 PM

[quote] when Castiel said "I love you" to Dean in his goodbye scene, and in answer Dean could do nothing more than murmur: "Don't do this, Cas." It wasn't meant to be, and Castiel died seeing that. At least he knew that was what was going to happen and Dean's discomfort with his feelings did not detract from the bliss that Castiel got from telling the truth (sobbing). And, finally, he managed to give his feelings a greater sense by using them to save the man he loved (sobbing again).

Castiel accepted that he was never going to go down on Dean, which was sad.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2020 3:31 PM

Looks like Jared is in demand.

I loved seeing the previews for Walker. The show looks pretty good.

Also, he's going to be on a holiday "Gilmore Girls" special. I think it's called A Year in the Life, or something. I was shocked that he was appearing in this show. It's a four-part special, and they showed him in a brown coat and he looked really good.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2020 3:32 PM

Any guesses as to what happens next week?

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2020 3:32 PM

Last episode was hilarious. I was surprised that the series chose to bow out with such a comic episode, but that was probably necessary after last week. By the way, Jared said that this episode is the real finale; next week will only be an epilogue.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2020 3:32 PM

That scene at the end where Sam and Dean were sitting right next to each other on the table in the bunker.... that was everything.

You can tell that Jared has lost it, and that Jensen was holding them both together. Jared looked like he was crying.

Then they both jumped off the table, and into the Impala.

I feel like the ending of this episode made up for the past two seasons of absolute crap.

It was sort of the ending that I was hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2020 3:34 PM

Gilmore Girls trailer.

Jared appears at about the 10-15 second mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2020 3:48 PM

Walker trailer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2020 3:49 PM

I liked it a lot.

I loved the music as well. Classic rock, baby!

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote] I can honestly say that it is probably my favorite television show ever, along with Cheers and Seinfeld.

Honey, are you lost? This is the Datalounge, not Wackbag.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote] I loved the music as well. Classic rock, baby!

Supernatural actually made me a classic rock fan.

I used to HATE it, but I've learned to appreciate it from watching this show.

Bob Seger, and all the others.

And I'm a goth guy!

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2020 5:42 PM

I also noticed the social distancing that someone pointed out in Part 24.

Everyone was clearly six feet apart or more, although when they had to be next to each other, it was only for a brief moment.

I was surprised to see Mark Pellegrino back again. I thought that he was done.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2020 9:30 PM

If Jack was sucking up energy from Michael, Lucifer, and Chuck, then why didn't he kill the Winchesters?

When he walked by the potted plants, they all shriveled up and died.

How come the same thing didn't happen to Sam and Dean?

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2020 12:58 AM

Maybe he can control whose energy he absorbs, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote]I can honestly say that it is probably my favorite television show ever. . . .

Honey, I can honestly say that you have shitty taste. Do you have avocado green appliances in your house? Thomas Kinkade paintings? What about one of those knit coverings on your extra roll of toilet paper sitting on the back on your toilet? I betcha have one of those, doncha?

[quote]Looks like Jared is in demand.

No, honey, he isn't; nor will he ever be.

[quote]Also, he's going to be on a holiday "Gilmore Girls" special. [T]hey showed him in a brown coat and he looked really good.

No, he didn't. Not unless they put him in a time machine and he went back ten years. Jared is the oldest looking person under 40 in existence.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2020 5:01 AM

Careful R21, you're gonna CHOKE on all that bile you're spewing!

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2020 5:03 AM

LOL @R21. A little advice R7. Don't admit to Supernatural being your favorite television show. People will definitely judge you harshly and rightfully so.

There were so many inconsistencies in this episode. R19 points out one. Plus Chuck basically broke every bone in Sam and Dean's body, yet they continued to get up and were even laughing at the end. How stupid. With all those broken bones they'd be in shock and physically unable to move. And did they blow the episode's makeup budget on the drones that kept capturing aerial shots? Chuck kept pounding Sam and Dean's faces but they were never swollen or bruised the way Dean's was when Sam beat him as Lucifer in the cemetery right before Sam jumped into the pit.

And if Jack is God, why didn't Dean ask him to bring Cas back? I guess Dean isn't interested in Cas the Loverboy.

Overall, it seemed like a really weak ending. I honestly thought Sam and Dean would die when the series ended. God, I hope they don't end up with girlfriends or wives or whatever in next week's finale. I would've rather seen them dead.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2020 5:17 AM

Was that Jensen's dog IRL?

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2020 5:20 AM

Given they have said they may return down the track for a limited series run, I doubt they will die in the end.

Sam may get it on with Eileen if she returns and Dean will finally hit the gay bars.

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2020 7:45 AM

[quote] hope they don't end up with girlfriends or wives or whatever in next week's finale. I would've rather seen them dead.

Ah yes, the Rowling epilogue lmao

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2020 12:06 PM

The show missed the opportunity to switch to real theology and have Chuck exposed as a fraud when the real God and Jesus come in to set everything straight.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2020 1:40 PM

Jack's jackets are EVERYTHING to me!

I loved his white jacket in this most recent episode, and before that he was wearing a yellow jacket.

This red one from a Christmas episode a few years back was my favorite, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2020 2:51 PM

There was a little scene at the end of the episode (right before the musical clip of past characters), where Jared is lamenting what their lives will be like now.

Dean says, "We're finally free."

Then he puts his arm on Sam's shoulder and gives him a little squeeze with a really big smile.

That was just the sweetest moment ever. Big brother comforting younger brother, as always.

Then they drive off together, down the highway.

:o)

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2020 5:42 PM

That wasn’t Jensens dog.

Chuck broke/dislocated Sams arm. He broke Deans leg. Hardly “every bone in their body”. That’s why Sam had his arm around Dean, he was helping him stand. I don’t know how much more bloodied and beat-up you wanted them to be.

Dean hasn’t been and will never be interested in the angel other than a deep friendship.

Jensen wanted the boys to die in the end. For obvious reasons that can’t happen.

I loved the last scene. The music was fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote]The show missed the opportunity to switch to real theology and have Chuck exposed as a fraud when the real God and Jesus come in to set everything straight.

Meh. I'm thankful they didn't do anything as dumb and random as that.

People do not understand what this show is about, namely, a defense of mankind and free will against the supernatural and its threats of subjugation. From the Kripke era to the finale, the show has been amazingly consistent on this one theme. All the non-human cosmic beings - Chuck, Amara, Death - were defeated or assimilated because of the potential threat they posed to human existence and free will. Jack was elevated because he's still half-human, that is, unlike the other entities he's a part of humanity, and his apotheosis represents the ascension of mankind. And he made it clear he would not be a hands-on God.

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] Dean hasn’t been and will never be interested in the angel other than a deep friendship.

I wonder what's going to happen if they ever do a movie, or bring back the show for a one-time special?

They're going to have to address the fact that Castiel told Dean that he loved him. And died for him.

That's going to be awkward.

[quote] I loved the last scene. The music was fantastic!

Me too! I loved the message. "C'mon people, now. Smile on your brother, everybody get together try to love one another right now."

Whoever pointed out the CGI effects due to social distancing, really made me notice it.

Lots of individual actors standing in front of a green screen with footage of thousands of people in the background.

And of course the stock footage of soccer games, airport terminals, subways, etc.

P.S. that doggy was the cutest! How random to throw him into the episode.

Who does he belong to? His owner has got to be someone associated with the show. They wanted him to have a part in the finale... lol.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] Jensen wanted the boys to die in the end. For obvious reasons that can’t happen.

Are you sure about that?

Why would Jensen want to eliminate some future earning potential?

The reasons are clearly not that obvious.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2020 11:08 PM

I guess he just figured the show would be over and that would be that.

Nowadays, of course, nothing can stay dead. All sorts of shows are having revivals and reboots and re-imaginings.

So they will want to have an opportunity to revise the show.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2020 11:33 PM

^^revisit ^^

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2020 11:34 PM

[italic][bold]"Chuck broke/dislocated Sams arm. He broke Deans leg. Hardly “every bone in their body”. That’s why Sam had his arm around Dean, he was helping him stand. I don’t know how much more bloodied and beat-up you wanted them to be."[/italic][/bold]

Are you blind AND high? 23 is right. There was a full-minute montage of Chuck beating the hell out of them both, bones snapping, blood squishing, punches landing, the whole nine yards; yet they barely looked hurt when they got up at the end! Sorry but that was weak. At least when Sam/Lucifer beat the shit out of Dean at Stull he looked like he'd been beaten.

Man, I feel like they really screwed the pooch with Cas's declaration of love. If they ever do bring the show back for an episode or two (and Cas comes with) that would certainly be the big pink elephant in the room. I actually love Misha more than any of the other actors but I think he's the one who put the "gay love" interpretation out there as the end-all-be-all by giving all those damn internet interviews. I think the writers created that scene to be interpreted however the observer wanted. For example, if you're into Cas/Dean then have at it, but if you're not then you can still view it as a simple declaration of brotherly love. Of course, at the rate Jared and Jensen are aging I don't see a revival episode in the works. They'd both just look too old to be out there chasing monsters and demons.

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote] Of course, at the rate Jared and Jensen are aging I don't see a revival episode in the works. They'd both just look too old to be out there chasing monsters and demons.

Bobby and Rufus were both over 100 years old, and they both died fighting monsters!

It ain't over, 'til it's over.

Question about the final montage of characters. Why was Sterling K. Brown missing from the lineup?? Everyone else was there. Even Missouri Mosely. And she was only in one and a half episodes!

Sterling K. Brown (Gordon) was in at least three.

Did he demand to be paid extra for having his image appear in the final clip? He seems the type, now that he's a big "STAH."

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2020 12:09 AM

R27 calls her desire to have Jesus and Bod the Dada come in as the True Deities "theology."

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2020 12:15 AM

TNT will be doing another "greatest episodes" of Supernatural next week Thursday.

It's a NINE HOUR marathon on TNT that will include the Pilot, All Hell Breaks Loose, Mystery Spot, Lazarus Rising, Swan Song, The French Mistake (Top 3), Death's Door, Sacrifice, Do You Believe in Miracles, Fan Fiction, Baby, Who We Are, Scoobynatural, Lebanon, and Proverbs 17:3.

All leading up to the two hour series finale on the CW.

If you're a Supernatural Mega Fan, then you should take Thursday off. It's gonna be GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2020 6:01 AM

Sorry, it's a FIFTEEN (15) HOUR TNT marathon on November 19.

And I forgot to add Scoobynatural and Fan Fiction to my Top 3.

Although now I'll have to add Last Holiday with Mrs. Butters, to my favorites list. That episode moved up very quickly (in my estimation) as far as becoming a fan favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2020 6:04 AM

Sam with the THOR Hammer and then wearing the tiara for his birthday, always cracks me up.

That entire scene linked at R40 will go down in Supernatural classic history.

I'm so happy that the writers redeemed themselves in Season 15, with that episode.

It's everything that I ever loved about Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2020 6:11 AM

People with taste please don't come for me. I [italic]know[/italic] that Supernatural sucks. The actors are lamentably bad, the writing is awful, and the special effects are bargain basement.

I realize all of that but I don't care.

I started watching Supernatural my freshman year in college because it was the one thing people in the TV room could agree on. The girls liked it because of the hot guys and the guys liked it for the monsters. I didn't really care what we watched. I just wanted something to take my mind off being homesick.

I think I almost immediately realized that Sam and Dean acted more like a gay couple than brothers, and that's when I really got smitten. I wasn't out yet but I managed to read enough Wincest to satiate even the frauiest of the sexually repressed SPN fraus. Supernatural became a staple in my college existence. Every Thursday night, there we were, my college companions, all of us in the TV room, anxiously awaiting that week's episode. Even once I moved out of the dorm and started pharmacy school Supernatural was still a constant. Every Thursday night Sam and Dean were on my crappy second hand TV, saving people and hunting things, always having each other's backs.

Over the years I've watched every episode from every season, and I've never once given up on the Winchesters, even when it seemed as though the writers sure had. Now, suddenly, it's been fifteen years since that first episode. I'm thirty-three years old and the Assistant Director of Pharmacy at a kick-ass hospital in Philadelphia. I've got all the friends I could ask for, but it feels like I'm about to lose two of the most important ones--friends who've been there for me every Thursday night since I was a skinny, homesick kid in 2005.

Yeah, I know. I've been on DL long enough to know the drill: M A R Y ! ! !

Whatever. You can M A R Y me all you want. I don't care.

To the other fans on here: I'm not sure I'm going watch next week's episode. Not right away, anyhow. Depending on what I read about it, I may never watch it. Instead, I'll just convince myself that Supernatural ended with Thursday's episode: Sam and Dean in a gassed up Baby, driving off in the sunset toward their next adventure.

The idea of Sam cozied up to Eileen and Dean going back to Lisa or some other chick just seems wrong, but I have the feeling that's what's in store.

Laugh at me all you want but that's not the ending I want to see.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2020 7:18 AM

R42 until I got the the Mary part I thought someone had posted an article from an tv entertainment website. Your post made me tear up a bit and I actually think the show sucks! I didn't always but the last 10 years have been pretty bad.

I agree with you not wanting to see Dean and Sam settle down with women. But if there are no more monsters and demons what are they gonna do with themselves? I haven't watched an episode in at least 5 years but I might catch up one day. But I'm with you about seeing them get girlfriends or wives. No thanks. If you're into Wincest, you should read "Life as We Know It." It's one of the best written stories I've ever read. And also "Last Outpost Of All That Is" is about Sam and Dean on an empty planet Earth, which, if I read correctly actually happened briefly in the last episode. It's another exceptionally well written story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2020 7:52 AM

The Last Outpost of All That Is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2020 7:53 AM

Emily Swallow(Amara) appears in the final episode.

She's there to grant Dean one more wish.

The last one ended rather badly with his mother.

Anyone's guess what he'll wish for.

by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2020 10:33 AM

He'll wish for Cas. It's pretty clear to me.

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2020 11:16 AM

It shocks me sometimes the degree of hysteria that this program causes in Datalounge. Especially because crappy shows like Batwoman still have their fanatic supporters here, and Supernatural, in fact, is far superior to other The CW shows in all aspects, from the acting to the quality of the writing. All of this hatred has only one cause, Jensen Ackles and his homophobia. It's obsessive but sublimated horniness.

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2020 4:03 PM

Neither IMDB nor the Supernatural Fandom Wiki list Emily Swallow in the cast for the last episode. Amara has been absorbed by Jack, that's it for her. She won't break free from him because the show wants to keep Jack as the most powerful entity in the universe. Jack's rise to the position of universe top dog is an ideal outcome for the show, which is about the affirmation of humanity against the supernatural, because he is half-human, his elevation is therefore the elevation of humanity, and if Amara separates from him, that symbolism is undermined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2020 4:11 PM

I read on Twitter, take it for what it is, but I read that the ugliest of Sams girlfriends is on the last episode as well: Amelia is also on the last episode.

God help us. I would of rather have seen Eileen!

by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2020 4:13 PM

I read Emily was in the last episode as well.

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2020 4:19 PM

Did I just miss seeing him, or did they leave Kevin Tran/Osric Chao out of the big montage? I can't believe they would. Kevin was the best side character in the entire series. His death was the worst one to take.

by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2020 4:19 PM

Kevin was there, R51.

Speaking of Amara, why didn't Jack bring back Cass? Or Mary? Or John?

Don't you think that Jack would have felt guilty about killing Mary, so he would want to bring her back?

And since Castiel sacrificed himself, wouldn't Jack want to bring him back too?

BIG HOLE.

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2020 4:51 PM

r52 Resurrecting all these people seems like a bad sign - proof that Jack is an immature and self-indulgent God. Castiel had already told Jack that accepting the death of one's loved ones is part of growing up, especially for beings like them, who have the potential to live forever.

[quote] BIG HOLE.

How is that a hole? Jack is simply demonstrating that he has absorbed the lesson he was taught, that, even as a new God, the world does not have to revolve around his designs. He already said it will be the hands-off God, one who will let life take its course. That was always the moral of the show, putting in check higher beings who overstep their boundaries. A resurrection fest would undermine the meaning of it all.

Supernatural may have contained some examples of poor writing, especially in early seasons, but 8 out of 10 times that the fans hurl that accusation, it is simply because the show is too smart for them.

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2020 5:17 PM

* He already said [bold]he[/bold] will be [bold]a[/bold] hands-off God

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2020 5:19 PM

Here's Jensen showing off his Impala.

I think it's pretty clear that he's trying to make Jared jealous.

What a jerk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2020 12:32 AM

R55 It's HIS car and she was a part of the show. I love that he includes the car whenever he can, he's always been really attached to the car.

Jared has his own Impala, if he's jealous then he's an asshole.

I wish from episode 15.19 Dean had gotten to keep Miracle. That dog was adorable. It would have been fun, Sam and Dean and a dog named Miracle, very fitting.

R9 That Gilmore Girls thing is just the Netflix series from a couple years ago, they are playing in the CW now.

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2020 12:56 AM

Raising Jack to be a new god who is loving and omnipresent and who allows free will, now makes the god Jack in Supernatural similar to God in the real world. It’s good for people to see that God is good like Jack.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2020 1:40 AM

Jensen's doing the long hair and beard thing again at R55.

Ugh.

I guess he thought it was really working for him.... lol.

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote] Supernatural may have contained some examples of poor writing, especially in early seasons, but 8 out of 10 times that the fans hurl that accusation, it is simply because [bold]the show is too smart for them.[/bold]

What an idiot you are, R53. Someone doesn’t like your shitty little CW show so you immediately claim that it’s over their head? Or even better, that they’re sublimating their lust for one of the leads?

What absolute rubbish.

I’m a fair, reasonable guy, so if someone wants to tell me that I’m not getting the point that Baldwin, Morrison, Faulkner or Joyce are making, then fine. I’d willingly listen to their criticism. But when someone wants to tell me that the reason I don’t care for a poorly written, poorly acted CW show is because it’s over my head or that I’m sublimating lust for one of the actors? Yeah, I’m going to tell them to fuck right off and kiss my Columbia degree.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2020 5:28 PM

Ugh. SPN fans are the WORST. If you don't agree that spn is the best thing on tv and that the actors have all been robbed of ever award out there they call you a hater.

The show stinks.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2020 5:31 PM

EVERY AWARD^^^

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2020 5:31 PM

So many great shows get cancelled but garbage like this goes on year after year? It's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2020 5:36 PM

R60, R61, R62 are all HATEFUL BEASTS!!!

Go back to hell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2020 5:51 PM

And you wonder why people make fun of you, R63? For your sake, I hope you're a 70 yr old woman.

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]I’m a fair, reasonable guy, so if someone wants to tell me that I’m not getting the point that Baldwin, Morrison, Faulkner or Joyce are making, then fine. I’d willingly listen to their criticism. But when someone wants to tell me that the reason I don’t care for a poorly written, poorly acted CW show is because it’s over my head or that I’m sublimating lust for one of the actors? Yeah, I’m going to tell them to fuck right off and kiss my Columbia degree.

lmfao!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2020 6:00 PM

R65 needs to be bibbed by a Leviathan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2020 6:06 PM

R59 sounded so desperately defensive.

Full of sound and fury signifying nothing as one would say.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2020 6:43 PM

It’s unfortunate that the series ended with so many stories left untold. However, it’s good that they were able to keep the quality of the show high throughout the length of the series and left on a high note.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2020 6:50 PM

Dude, I’m a big fan of the show but even I know the show had seen better days.

The last few years were crap. That’s why Jensen and Jared put a stop to it.

They were 3rd and 4th string players on their own fucking show. They had to put it out of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2020 7:23 PM

Put r59 on Ignore, and you will all see that this person ONLY posts on Supernatural threads. This is deranged, and yes, he would not behave this way if the lead wasn't an unattainable hot guy. This show's anti-fans are even harder to explain than the obsessive fans.

I wasn't even saying that Supernatural is the best show in the history of TV. I was saying that the show gets a lot of criticism even from fans who are merely failing to understand the ideology behind the show and are at a loss to understand its developments. And then what happens? A deranged retard snaps at me because THIS SHOW IS SHITTY and my defending it IS UNHINGED AND OPPRESSING HIM. As if he is refuting my point instead of fulfilling it.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2020 9:18 PM

r69 The quality of the show, in my view, was much more uneven in the first few seasons. Bad plot, lame villains, clunky dialogue and humor that doesn't land well are much more common in the first five seasons than later. Remember the racist ghost car from season one? or the ghost ship of season 3? Supernatural only learned to make successfully humorous or ironic episodes between seasons 6 to 8. That's to be expected, isn't it? Artistry is a gift that needs practice to be conquered. But it is precisely for this reason that the later seasons are better, in my view.

I know that among most fans the opinion is generally the opposite of mine, but that is easy to explain: first, there is the fact that the memory of the first seasons is somewhat blurred and benefits from emotional factors such as nostalgia; second, there is the undeniable fact that the first five seasons have a common narrative arc that lends coherence to the series, while in the seasons that followed the writers simply had to invent things from whole cloth in order to keep the show going; and third (and most important) is the fact that fans tend to congregate in certain spaces, such as the Supernatural subreddit, and merely repeat whatever views are popular in order to be able to fit in the group and not be downvoted, even when their own views are actually not completely formed. As a result, fan opinions over time take on a monolithic appearance.

This explains not only the disproportionate hostility towards certain characters and plot developments among these fans, but also why low points in the series become classics in their eyes. Case in point: Season 5's Hammer of the Gods. This is one horrible episode; it does contain one memorable sequence, when Lucifer butchers the pagan gods, but the pacing is slow, the plotting is random, and the dialogue is so bad; it's no wonder that the author of this episode never came to write for the series again. But, in some people's minds, this was one of the best episodes of the series; on fan favorite lists it's almost always there. In my view, this is only because this episode benefits from many of the factors described above - nostalgia; bad memory on the part of the fans, who remember little more than Lucifer's battle with the gods (which, by the way, wasn't even that good in terms of action); and, finally, the fact that it's the object of such a celebration also makes it popular among people who don't remember it very well, and forces those who do not think it was so great to keep their opinion to themselves.

Anyway, Jared and Jensen decided that the show should end because ratings were falling, not quality. This is the natural cycle of all series. Over the years, the audience drops, and they get cancelled by the studio. I imagine they decided to pre-empt the cancellation order from the studios, so that the writers would have time to wrap up with a satisfactory finale.

But, truth be told, the show had been moving towards the end for some time now. The prophecy that Jack would come to reform human existence (and therefore implicitly replace God) was made already in season 12. If anything, the final confrontation, in season 15, was really slow to come, which demonstrates the series' longevity. And it is hard to believe that writers could, or would have wanted to, think of a villain to succeed God after he was defeated. God is the ideal villain for such a series.

by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote] it is hard to believe that writers could, or would have wanted to, think of a villain to succeed God after he was defeated.

With the removal of the evil Chuck god and the rise of the loving, benevolent god Jack, who like God would allow free will, they could move away from that storyline and come down to Earth, so to speak, and tell other stories.

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2020 10:36 PM

That was a lot to unpack, R71.

[quote] Remember the racist ghost car from season one? or the ghost ship of season 3? Supernatural only learned to make successfully humorous or ironic episodes between seasons 6 to 8. That's to be expected, isn't it? Artistry is a gift that needs practice to be conquered. But it is precisely for this reason that the later seasons are better, in my view.

Those were just two clunky episodes.

I would say that there were more good and memorable episodes than not, in seasons one through five.

I honestly rate episodes on their individual merit, and not the group-think.

I keep raving about "Last Holiday" because it was really a classic Supernatural episode. It had humor, it was cute, it was nostalgic, and the story was solid. And I say this as someone who pretty much HATED every episode in season 15. None of it was memorable, in my opinion. Then out of the blue, I watch Last Holiday, and I'm reminded about why I love the show so much.

The same can be said of seasons 13 and 14. Nothing in those seasons really stand out to me, but then you have "Mint Condition" from season 14 which I absolutely adore, and then Scoobynatural in season 13 which was one of the best Supernatural episodes ever.

You have to take the entire series with a grain of salt.

Throughout the course of Supernatural, there have been literally 300+ episodes. Of course people are going to love some and hate some. But the fact that the entire series has stood the test of time, is what is noteworthy.

A show doesn't stay in production for 15 years, just by accident.

As I pointed out upthread, Thursday on TNT will have a "greatest hits" marathon, leading up to the finale on the CW.

This is about the third marathon that TNT has done this year, and they have basically shown the same episodes in these marathons, because they have stood out.

The pilot, All Hell Breaks Loose, Swan Song, The French Mistake ,Changing Channels, Mystery Spot, Fan Fiction, Scoobynatural, Lebanon, and some others. They keep showing these episodes, because the fans are pretty much unanimous in their affection for them.

Of course, everyone will have their favorites.

I love My Heart Will Go On, Home (with Missouri Moseley), Bad Day At Black Rock, the one with Linda Blair, Phantom Traveler, and so many others. But then there are those that are supposed fan favorites, that I dislike.

The point is, the breadth of work that this show has exhibited, will become legendary in the history of television.

Remember: this is the LONGEST RUNNING FANTASY/SCI-FI SERIES IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN TELEVISION.

And that is nothing to sneeze at.

by Anonymousreply 73November 16, 2020 10:54 PM

Minor nitpick. but I will always be a little salty that they never found a way to bring back Jesse, the tween Antichrist. If you're fuzzy on that character, he was in the episode "I Believe the Children are our Future" where he turned Cas into a toy doll and Cas sat on a whoopie cushion.

by Anonymousreply 74November 17, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote] Minor nitpick. but I will always be a little salty that they never found a way to bring back Jesse, the tween Antichrist

Absolutely! I think his name was Jesse. He was basically the same as Jack, but had a random demon father, rather than Lucifer.

And what about the witch twins, Alicia and Max? There was some story left in that tale.

Then there's Ennis from Bloodlines, who was supposed to be a new hunter, chasing down monster families in Chicago.

How about The Chitters gay couple? That would have been an interesting re-visit. Particularly because there haven't been very many out gay males on the show.

And what about the Ghost Facers? They weren't shown in the finale clip.

I also forgot to mention some other favorites, like Scarecrow, Provenance, Monster Movie, Tall Tales, Hollywood Babylon, Wishful Thinking, It's a Terrible Life, and my personal favorite: A Supernatural Christmas.

All of these were in the early seasons of Supernatural, and they were all really good.

by Anonymousreply 75November 17, 2020 12:31 AM

R69, The last 10 years have been crap. Face it, it was all downhill after Kripe when Season V ended.

R70, Who care what threads people do or don't post on? This is Datalounge, if you don't like what someone has to say ignore them. People who stalk others through posting history skeeve me out. Why do you care so much? You very clearly said that viewers who criticize the writing are basically too stupid to know how great it really is, and R59 called you out on that. Big fucking deal, get over it.

I dread the series finale because I'm pretty sure the boys are gonna end up with girlfriends and that just kills the whole vibe of the show for me, but oh well. I'll live. But some of you are just way too into this show, especially to be posting on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 76November 17, 2020 2:35 AM

[quote][R69], The last 10 years have been crap. Face it, it was all downhill after Kripe when Season V ended.

I can't see myself watching a shit show for half a season, let alone ten. Yes, it's been downhill... which is why you have an opinion of all of the last 10 seasons. Imagine telling on yourself like that. And imagine being so dumb, you don't understand that's what you just did.

The r76 is a typical Datalounge character. He has an IQ of 105 at most, which is not even enough to perform a decent exegesis of TV shows with a minimum of intellectual dose, but he has vociferously negative opinions about things that other people like, and that alone makes him think he is a great thinker, an iconoclast of culture, when, in fact, it is most likely that his loud opinions are nothing more than the result of his lack of mental depth.

by Anonymousreply 77November 17, 2020 3:48 AM

Wow, R77, you really do legitimize the whole "spn fan frau" label. You criticize and lash out at anyone who disagrees with you by calling them stupid. You're a real prize. I'm sure Jensen, Jared and Misha would be thrilled to know they had a fan like you watching their backs. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 78November 17, 2020 4:03 AM

r78 You like your own comments as soon as he posts them, that's all I need to know about you.

by Anonymousreply 79November 17, 2020 4:07 AM

I put this thread on refresh just this minute, and suddenly r76 went from 0 WWs to 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 17, 2020 4:10 AM

Prediction on the finale?

by Anonymousreply 81November 17, 2020 4:21 AM

MikeinAustin is almost certainly the obsessive anti-SPN person who watches all of its episodes. For one, like all the other obsessives above, who are apparently diverse people, he only comments in threads about Supernatural... I put this guy on Ignore, and I only found two comments from him: r78 here and another comment on the thread "Supernatural 24", where he says: "Wow, you can tell from the WWs on this thread that all but a very small group really dislike Supernatural, Jensen and Jared. " (And then the creep goes on to say he sees Jensen with his often in Austin...)

It is interesting that he is so conscious of the likes that each post receives, because since he commented here, 10 minutes ago, all anti-SPN comments received heavy uploads, including some that are 20 posts upthread. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy were all people posting from different accounts, or going back and forth from being anonymous to posting with his screen name, to give the appearance of having many people on his side in this type of discussion.

I know that may be too strange to be real, but the same applies to people who only post on Datalounge to talk about Supernatural (and to talk negatively at that - it's a lot of investment for something so small and apparently so detested), but this is what is happening with the show's hater(s) above are (or is) doing.

by Anonymousreply 82November 17, 2020 4:23 AM

No. it didn't R80. I was just on this thread 15 minutes ago and it already had 4 WWs. You're lying just like you lied when you said someone only had posts in this thread when they also have posts all over the political threads too. People can't WW their own comments, not more than once. You need to give these threads a rest, you just too angry and opinionated

R81, I predict both boys will end up with a significant other, which is OK by me. I'm not a big watcher of the show, but I've been watching it since it's going off.

by Anonymousreply 83November 17, 2020 4:24 AM

Sorr yR71 but the show was not heading for cancellation.

It always stayed in the top 3 CW shows over the last couple of years.

Creatively the show struggled in season's 6 & 7 under Sera Gamble.

There are some gems in those years but a couple of eps in 45 or so episodes over two years does not make a good season or two.

The show struggled when current showrunner Andre Dabb took over in season 12, I think.

He's no great visionary and he seems to just plod along and make it up as he goes.

I think they would have eeked out a few more years if they wanted to continue. The show remained near the top of their most popular shows.

i think Jared and Jensen likely felt jaded and didn't really see the show going anywhere great under Dabb.

May as well pull the plug now and move on.

by Anonymousreply 84November 17, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote] People can't WW their own comments, not more than once.

Oh, you're good at this - at playing dumb. But this has been allowed for well over a year, and I know that you know about it. You're too obsessed with likes to be so oblivious.

by Anonymousreply 85November 17, 2020 4:26 AM

R81, Cas is never seen or heard of again. Everyone but Sam and Dean dies or run away from home and are never seen or heard of again. Dramatic light shows and special effects occur. Somehow Sam and Dean end up driving Baby down the road. No one can share their happy ending because only they matter.

I haven’t seen this show since season nine, but I follow people that do. It appears the show has been written by anti-social incels for a few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 86November 17, 2020 4:28 AM

Is it possible that Sam will end up with a wife and kids while Dean is alone with his car and a doggy companion?

by Anonymousreply 87November 17, 2020 4:29 AM

I just watched the episode "Of Grave Importance" where Jamie Luner and Bobby are ghosts in a haunted house in Bodega Bay, and they're trying to get Sam and Dean to see them.

I just had to laugh because there was a scene where Dean was taking a shower, and ghost Bobby was in the bathroom with him. Not only that, but there was no door to the bathroom, so Sam and Dean were talking to each other while Dean was taking a shower.

It was weird and kind of .... exciting.

Dean showering with no door between him and Sam, and Bobby being in the bathroom with Dean, both able to see Dean naked.

It was kind of hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 17, 2020 4:59 AM

How many times has Cas secretly seen Dean naked?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 17, 2020 5:01 AM

R89, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 90November 17, 2020 5:32 AM

[Quote] I think I almost immediately realized that Sam and Dean acted more like a gay couple than brothers, and that's when I really got smitten. I wasn't out yet but I managed to read enough Wincest to satiate even the frauiest of the sexually repressed SPN fraus.

Fucking yikes 😬

[Quote] Especially because crappy shows like Batwoman still have their fanatic supporters here, and Supernatural, in fact, is far superior to other The CW shows in all aspects, from the acting to the quality of the writing.

And stupidest comment of the day goes to...

[Quote] I haven't watched TV except for Supernatural in many years and I think that was the first declaration of gay love that I saw on a TV series.

Except it wasn't. Maybe you could start watching shows that are actually about gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 91November 17, 2020 3:12 PM

[quote] I think I almost immediately realized that Sam and Dean acted more like a gay couple than brothers, and that's when I really got smitten. I wasn't out yet but I managed to read enough Wincest to satiate even the frauiest of the sexually repressed SPN fraus.

[quote] Fucking yikes 😬

Oh, STFU.

Seasons 1-8 practically broadcast this FACT in many of their episodes. They actually pointed it out and joked about it.

The 200th episode "Fan Fiction" actually made reference to both Wincest and Destiel.

So clearly, YOU are the one being an idiot, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92November 17, 2020 3:40 PM

It was the gay subtext in the early seasons that made them interesting.

by Anonymousreply 93November 17, 2020 3:41 PM

Why do Supernatural threads attract so many haters?

I don't see this with any other topic.

It's like this particular show really brings out the beasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 17, 2020 5:36 PM

Jensen opens up about his final "goodbye" scene with Misha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 17, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote]MikeinAustin is almost certainly the obsessive anti-SPN person who watches all of its episodes. For one, like all the other obsessives above, who are apparently diverse people, he only comments in threads about Supernatural... I put this guy on Ignore, and I only found two comments from him: [R78] here and another comment on the thread "Supernatural 24", where he says: "Wow, you can tell from the WWs on this thread that all but a very small group really dislike Supernatural, Jensen and Jared. " (And then the creep goes on to say he sees Jensen with his often in Austin...) It is interesting that he is so conscious of the likes that each post receives, because since he commented here, 10 minutes ago, all anti-SPN comments received heavy uploads, including some that are 20 posts upthread. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy were all people posting from different accounts, or going back and forth from being anonymous to posting with his screen name, to give the appearance of having many people on his side in this type of discussion. I know that may be too strange to be real, but the same applies to people who only post on Datalounge to talk about Supernatural (and to talk negatively at that - it's a lot of investment for something so small and apparently so detested), but this is what is happening with the show's hater(s) above are (or is) doing.

You have absolutely lost your mind.

Seriously.

If you truly believe that I'm some sort super secret Supernatural Hater sent to infiltrate your ranks, well, then, I have no words. None aside from, "This is why they make fun of you."

I've posted all over Datalounge for years! I even sign my own posts, for God's sake.

And you guys wonder why people hate on you so bad.

by Anonymousreply 96November 17, 2020 8:21 PM

R96 is lucifer.

by Anonymousreply 97November 17, 2020 8:40 PM

Yes, R97. You're right. That's me. Lucifer.

Just call me the Anti-Christ.

SMDH

by Anonymousreply 98November 17, 2020 8:49 PM

Jensen misuses the word 'levity' in that interview, R95. He seems to be under the impression that it means serious when, in fact, it means the exact opposite. Also, someone up thread gave him credit for the bloody hand but he sure doesn't seem to remember coming up with it in this interview. He attributes it solely to Misha.

I really am curious how they're going to end this thing. I guess Thursday will tell.

by Anonymousreply 99November 17, 2020 8:58 PM

Just think on it.

R96 and all his long winded, obsessive & defensive diatribes about a show he tries to have you believe he hates more than life itself.

What normal person seeks out a TV show threads to ramble on about how much he hates it?

You always give the game away with such overcompensation for whatever unhinged condition is going on between his ears.

I still think it is this unhinged jealousy/envy when white ,straight, good looking guys make it big.

Jensen & Jarrod won the jackpot where most actors never make it.

Level headed people wish them well.

Would i have liked to have the financial reward, if not necessarily the fame, as those two? Sure.

Since it wasn't the case, am I going to make it my mission to trash their name because I cant deal with the 15 seasons of their success?

I only would if their was something truly wrong with me.

The fans are generally passive and good natured. Good luck to them for the enjoyment they get from their fandom.

The hate brigade are a whole different ballgame. Angry, bitter, lashing out etc.

Unhinged has an added definition for the thesaurus. The Supernatural Hater.

by Anonymousreply 100November 18, 2020 12:01 AM

R92 you're the idiot for not realizing they were making fun of you with those references. You're a joke to them.

R93 there was no gay subtext.

by Anonymousreply 101November 18, 2020 12:08 AM

I just realized that the finale montage also excluded Tahmoh Penikett (Ezekiel/Gadreel) and Travis Alan Wade (Cole).

They were both fairly regular charcacters, who got left out of the tribute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 18, 2020 5:45 PM

R102, with the second person you mentioned, there may be legal liability reasons for the omission.

His behavior was allegedly the kind of thing that causes legal liability for others. It may be that the show or convention management decided they didn’t want to risk bringing controversy or lawsuits on themselves. That person has threatened others with cease and desist letters for discussing things they claim he has done. The show probably just quit referencing his character for liability reasons. They never used him on the show again.

Here’s a link to a lot of links that describe the situation in detail.

About the first person you mentioned, the one in your image, he has a reputation of being a pleasant person and easy to work with. He does quite a bit of other work. So it could just be an accidental omission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 18, 2020 6:52 PM

SPN marathon starts Thursday morning on TNT!

Catch fan favorite episodes for 15 hours straight.

Check your local listings for when the marathon starts.

All leading up to the two-hour series finale tomorrow night.

I can't believe it's the last one. :o(

by Anonymousreply 104November 19, 2020 1:38 AM

Look at what TNT Tweeted...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 19, 2020 2:47 AM

Nice, R105.

It’s actually just one episode. The first hour is a retrospective of the last 15 years.

Damnit! I have Thursday’s off and I was going to plop myself and watch as many episodes as I could but because of fucking COVID, we are short people in the office and I have to go help answer phones.

Fucking COVID and fucking trump.

by Anonymousreply 106November 19, 2020 3:09 AM

[quote] The first hour is a retrospective of the last 15 years.

It just dawned on me. No wonder TNT is showing marathon 15 hours of Supernatural on Thursday.

In tribute to the 15 seasons. DUH!

And one episode from each season:

Pilot (S1), All Hell Breaks Loose (S2), Mystery Spot (S3), Lazarus Rising (S4), Swan Song (S5), The French Mistake (S6), Death's Door (S7), Sacrifice (S8), Do You Believe in Miracles (S9), Fan Fiction (S10), Baby (S11), Who We Are (S12), Scoobynatural (S13), Lebanon (S14), and Proverbs 17:3 (S15).

I love how supportive TNT has been of the show.

They've really gotten into it with cast member intros to each re-run episode, as well as cast interviews when they do marathons.

by Anonymousreply 107November 19, 2020 6:31 AM

The marathon is on TNT right now!

It's Supernatural series finale day, bitches!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 19, 2020 12:24 PM

Walker.

Texas Ranger.

Impala.

Jealous, Jensen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 19, 2020 5:04 PM

I hope that they do some version of this song in the finale.

It always makes me tear up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 19, 2020 10:05 PM

Looks like the Walker Texas Ranger budget included $$ for wigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 19, 2020 10:14 PM

And hair dye, lol. Lots and lots of hair dye. Looks like they're using the same kind Ronald Reagan did.

by Anonymousreply 112November 19, 2020 10:16 PM

LOL. He looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2020 12:30 AM

So how did it end?

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2020 2:09 AM

I'm tearing up, listening to all the formers.

What a show.

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2020 2:22 AM

Spoiler:

Those bastards kill Dean.

I don’t know how to feel about it, actually.

I did cry, though.

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2020 2:59 AM

Jensen killed it during his speech to Sam... "don't leave me". That's when I lost it.

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2020 3:20 AM

My expectations were pretty low, but that was so much worse than I thought it even could be.

Still cried a little, because this show knows how to manipulate emotions and also because they really had all the potential in the world and repeatedly squandered it.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2020 3:23 AM

Now we know why Jensen did not like the ending.

They separated the brothers! 😡😡

Sam had to live without his brother for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2020 3:33 AM

I'm with you, R118. I watched up until season five then gave up but sorta started watching again since this was the last season. They absolutely fucked up the series finale. Just plain fucked it up. Oh well, at least it's over now.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2020 3:40 AM

I can't believe more people aren't bitching here. I guess it's because I'm on the east coast and it hasn't finished airing. Goddamnit I HATED that ending! I can't believe they ended it that way. They left absolutely no room whatsoever for a movie or anything. Dean fucking died and Sam fucking got married????? I would've rather Sam and Dean go out like Butch and Sundance (die together) than this mess.

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2020 3:51 AM

A well deserved badly written final episode for a badly written series. Both of them acted quite well, which is contrary to the awful acting this series usually has.

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote]Both of them acted quite well, which is contrary to the awful acting this series usually has.

Let's not get carried away, now, R122.

The acting was schlocky and pretty much par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote] They left absolutely no room whatsoever for a movie or anything

Anyone who knows anything about this series, knows that they can always come back from the dead.

I think that both Sam and Dean have died and returned from the dead, at least five times each!

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2020 4:11 AM

This was very different from any of those situations, R124. If the CW decided to do a movie or a special, what would they do? Bring Dean back to meet Sam, his wife and kids, then go on a hunt? Sorry but that would be a hard pass for me. Plus, they showed Sam die of old age/illness and go to heaven.

They should have ended the series with Inherit the Earth because this finale fucking sucked.

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2020 4:17 AM

Twitter and tumblr folks are complaining that Wincest is more canon than Destiel! Wincest shippers are ecstatic!

by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote] Wincest shippers are ecstatic!

I have always been more of a Wincest fan than a Destiel fan, so I don't see how this finale could make the shippers "ecstatic."

Sam gets married and Dean dies, FFS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2020 4:50 AM

People on my Twitter feed that are fans are just horrified. Someone mentioned that Jensen was upset when he first read the finale. He went back to one of the original creators, who said, picture this as if you’re the audience, and not Dean.

Well, now the audience has seen it and they’re just as horrified as Jensen. One person tweeted, Jensen wasn’t being homophobic when he disapproved of the ending, it really was awful! Sorry I doubted you Jensen!

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2020 4:57 AM

Andrew Dabb said something at the end of the finale review that really pissed me off.

He said that in the end, it's about "satisfying yourself, as a writer."

NO, FUCKHEAD!!! That's exactly why he fucked up as show runner, and that's exactly why he was a failure and brought about the ending of the show.

It's about satisfying the VIEWERS, asshole. They are the bread and butter of the show.

He is a fucking clueless idiot.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2020 4:58 AM

[quote] I don't see how this finale could make the shippers "ecstatic.

Possibly that the brothers ended up in heaven together? That's the only thing I can come up with, R127.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2020 5:00 AM

Wincest shippers despised Destiel and Misha with a burning passion so even though Dean died in the finale, they are happy it focus on the brothers and they truly believe they “won” the war.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2020 5:12 AM

Check the “Wincest “tumblr tag.

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote]They left absolutely no room whatsoever for a movie or anything.

They have done time travel before. All that needs to happen is for someone to go back in time and prevent Dean's death.

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2020 5:23 AM

I enjoyed the finale and that it was really the end. It’s over. No follow up.

by Anonymousreply 134November 20, 2020 6:18 AM

[Quote] NO, FUCKHEAD!!! That's exactly why he fucked up as show runner, and that's exactly why he was a failure and brought about the ending of the show. It's about satisfying the VIEWERS, asshole. They are the bread and butter of the show.

To an extent. You can't please everyone. Fans/shippers always overestimate how important they are.

by Anonymousreply 135November 20, 2020 6:54 AM

People keep talking about Sam's wife, but there was no Sam's wife. We only ever saw him with the kid, whose significance was that he was a Dean substitute (poor kid), and bad as the writers are, that was plainly a choice they made to please fans. Obviously some woman had to have wandered by to produce the kid, but for all we know she died in childbirth or shot through when the kid was a baby. The overwhelming message was that Sam had little space for any relationship in his life except the one with Dean, which is pretty fucked up considering he presumably lived 40 years or so without him.

You have two kinds of writers in TV - good ones like Kripke who write what they want and trust that people will go with it, and bad ones like his successors who don't have the confidence to do that and so veer sharply between their "vision" and fanservice. R129 is completely wrong - shows that do this, or that write mainly for fans, just end up a shark-jumping custard. The shows that work are the ones that go their own way and it happens that that way delights fans. For example, Kripke didn't write the off-the-wall comic episodes that fans so adored because they asked for it - the fans didn't know they wanted it till it had happened. Fans didn't make the Impala important - he did. He said it was a five-season arc and at the end of Season 5 he left, on one of the most satisfying and surprising endings a show could possibly have. If you kept on after that, you had been warned. It's no good bitching for a further TEN years that the people who replaced him couldn't write his show, yet that seems to have been what happened.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2020 12:52 PM

[quote]They left absolutely no room whatsoever for a movie or anything.

R133: [bold]They have done time travel before. All that needs to happen is for someone to go back in time and prevent Dean's death.[/bold]

So Sam's entire history after Dean's death, including the kid, would vanish? You honestly think that the writers would do something so absurd after ending the show the way they did? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 137November 20, 2020 4:13 PM

Okay, I teared up. I didn't think I would, but I did. Sam's old man makeup was hideous. Jensen did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 138November 20, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote]Looks like the Walker Texas Ranger budget included $$ for wigs.

Jesus fucking Christ, is he playing Dracula? LMFAO that's the worst hairpiece I've seen in a long damn time. Man, that's just embarrassing. Even John Travolta's pieces look better than that thing.

by Anonymousreply 139November 20, 2020 4:18 PM

Well, I'll say it. I liked it. A lot. It was very touching. I'm not exactly sure what people envisioned that would have made it better. I don't know why Jensen would be upset. It gave him the opportunity to do THE big emotional monologue of the entire series. It was also great that Sam got to go on and have some sort of life beyond just hunting and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 140November 20, 2020 4:20 PM

[quote] So Sam's entire history after Dean's death, including the kid, would vanish?

The kid was in one episode. The show has killed off major characters who have been in many episodes.

by Anonymousreply 141November 20, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote]Jensen did a great job.

Jensen is, at best, a fair to middling soap opera actor. That's why you think he did a great job. We've seen what happens though when he's given anything requiring him to be more than that, and it ain't pretty. Not at all.

The overwhelming majority of fans absolutely despised it, R140. Twitter blew up last night with people saying that Dean could survive hell, purgatory and a whole host of other nasties but got taken out by a nail. The memes were hysterical.

No way they'd kill off that kid, R141. That would never happen. The kid really does put the nail in the Supernatural coffin. There's really no way for them to come back in a few years and do a TV movie or one-off. I'm glad. The show was way past its sell date.

by Anonymousreply 142November 20, 2020 4:26 PM

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Sam's shirtless scene near the beginning of the episode.

Holy crap, he's anorexic!! Jared used to be so buff. Now he's skinny as fuck and he has something like zero percent body fat! No wonder he has been looking so freakish lately.

I finally understand why the Wincest shippers are happy. Sam and Dean really did get a happy ending. A bit delayed, but they ended up together in the end - without Castiel. That's definitely a win for Wincest.

I'm okay with Dean dying in the episode. It really brought home the closeness of their relationship. And in the end, they were like lovers reunited. Notice that there was no one else in Sam and Dean's heaven. I know the show likes to portray it as "brotherly love," but their relationship is much, much more than that.

I always go back to what Zacariah told Adam about Sam and Dean: "You know Sam and Dean Winchester are psychotically, irrationally, erotically codependent on each other, right?"

Dean's death scene was something you'd see between two lovers.

[quote] People keep talking about Sam's wife, but there was no Sam's wife. We only ever saw him with the kid

Wrong.

There was definitely a female in the picture.

When Sam was playing catch with the football in the yard outside his house, way in the background on the porch, was a female figure. She was obscured and blurred (which is fucking hilarious and shows her insignificance to Sam), but she was there.

by Anonymousreply 143November 20, 2020 4:33 PM

The female may have been the surrogate to carry Sam and Dean’s child. It’s the near future, so artificial wombs would not have been invented yet.

by Anonymousreply 144November 20, 2020 4:38 PM

Forgot to add the gif for R143.

Btw, I was recounting how many times Dean died during the series. It was definitely more than five.

Season 1/2, the Impala was smashed by a demon trucker, and Dean is on life support/dead in the hospital when he meets Tessa.

Season 3, Dean is killed by a hellhound.

Dean injects himself with a heart stopper, so that he can talk to death inside of a haunted house (Advanced Thanatology).

Sam and Dean are shot and killed by hunters who are pissed that Sam released Lucifer. (Dark Side of the Moon)

Dean's heart is stopped by Robert Englund's character, when he needs to speak to death. (Appointment in Samarra)

Dean is stabbed and killed by Metatron (Do You Believe In Miracles)

That's six times! There's probably more, but I can't think of them...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 20, 2020 4:41 PM

The idea that these two guys were in heaven together with no one else bothered me. You’re eighty years old or whatever (Sam) and no one gives a damn about you but your brother who died decades before? That’s pathetic.

What about all the friends they made over the years hunting who died? What about Jess? She’s dead. Presumably he would have liked to see her. Their parents and other family members. At the least.

Some of this could have been shot remotely in front of a green screen if they had to. I don’t think it was impossible. They could have just had the people smiling benevolently in the background. They didn’t have to touch them. If you can do it at home on a laptop, you should be able to do it for a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 146November 20, 2020 4:42 PM

So what's your point, R145? All of those times involved clear set-ups for him to come back. There's no set-up for his return this time. The occurrences you list are radically different from his most recent death.

by Anonymousreply 147November 20, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]The idea that these two guys were in heaven together with no one else bothered me.

Whatever! That was the only part of the series finale that people liked.

by Anonymousreply 148November 20, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote] What about all the friends they made over the years hunting who died? What about Jess? She’s dead. Presumably he would have liked to see her. Their parents and other family members. At the least.

Bobby addressed that when Dean first arrived in "heaven."

Previously, heaven had been a bunch of individualized/personalized "rooms" where each person was locked up and monitored by the angels.

Remember the doors, with the names of people who died? Those were each a personal heaven for them. Also remember that Ash said (in Dark Side of the Moon) that people can't leave their personal heavens, except for the smart ones like him, who "speak" Enochian and who have figured out how to move from one person's heaven to another.

One other exception that Ash mentioned, was that "soul mates" could meet up in combined heavens (which Sam and Dean were able to do in Dark Side of the Moon).

That's the heaven that Chuck established.

However, in the finale, Bobby said that Jack changed the rules. He made it so that people's heaven could be with those who they are most happy with. He said that Rufus lived down the road with "Aretha" (meaning, Aretha Franklin), and that John and Mary lived up the road about five miles from Bobby.

So basically, Jack made it so that people who love and care about each other, have a shared heaven where they can all still see each other. Watch the scene between Dean and Bobby in heaven, and you'll understand.

So no, Sam and Dean wouldn't be "alone" in heaven. They can still visit everyone that they love, in a shared heaven.

by Anonymousreply 149November 20, 2020 4:50 PM

Then the people are incels, R148. Twitter blew up last night with pissed off people.

A woman I follow said she was up all night, because she rage-tweeted a couple hours, then a friend in Europe texted her in the middle of the night to complain about it and they rage-texted for the rest of the night. She’s pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 150November 20, 2020 4:53 PM

R145 - You missed "Red Meat" (S11E17). That's the one where wounded Sam is smothered by a couple being stalked by werewolves. Dean thinks that Sam is dead but he's in deep shock. Later, Dean takes a bunch of drugs in a hospital so he can die and talk Billie into bringing Sam back.

by Anonymousreply 151November 20, 2020 5:39 PM

"Why ‘Supernatural’ Fans Are Fuming Over the Series Finale"

Supernatural was always going to face an uphill battle with its season finale; after all, how do you wrap up a show that’s run for 15 years? And when that show happens to be about two lovable demon-hunting brothers played by the supernaturally ageless Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki? Forget it!

Still, as the CW’s long-running drama came to a close, droves of fans began venting their disappointment—even going so far as to compare the closer to Game of Thrones’s widely-detested ending. As with any finale, some loved the episode and some hated it—but the ones who hated this ending really hated it.

Let’s start with the obvious: Dean Winchester, who has survived dying and literally going to hell, who took on God, who killed Death and also shot Hitler, got taken out by... being impaled on a nail?! Plenty of fans were ready, or at least braced, to see the eldest Winchester boy die, but that was just insulting. The scene was clearly designed to jerk tears from eyeballs—and yes, it was deeply emotional. But for some, those were tears of rage.

Dean told Sam how much he’d looked up to him over the years, despite being the older brother. “It was always you and me,” he said. “It’s always been you and me.”

“I’m not leaving you,” he added later. “I’m going to be with you right here, every day, every day you’re living and you’re fighting, because you always keep fighting… I love you so much, my baby brother.” As he died, Dean placed his hand over Sam’s, over his heart, as a tear slid down his cheek. (Buh!!!)

In fairness, Dean at least got to experience a very nice heaven; the Winchester boys’ father-figure (and fan favorite) Bobby was there to greet him, and to let him know that heaven is a little different now. It’s not just a house of memories, but instead a place where everyone can see their loved ones and be happy—thanks, in part, to Castiel.

Speaking of which: Cass’s absence from the finale was another colossal disappointment for many.

Weeks ago, Supernatural finally confirmed the show’s most treasured ship, Destiel—allowing the angel who pulled Dean from hell in Season 4 to finally confess his love for him. But the emotion was never reciprocated, and in a regrettable move that played straight into the “Bury Your Gays” textbook, the show killed Castiel off immediately afterward. (He sacrificed himself for Dean.) One would think that the CW would have learned its lesson after The 100 fans rallied against Lexa’s similarly homophobic death, but apparently not!

A saving grace of Dean’s demise could have been reuniting Castiel in the afterlife, perhaps even saying words he was too scared to say before. (Hey, a girl can dream!) And given that the finale claims Cas worked to break down the barriers between heaven, hell, and all that, one would think they could have hung out in the afterlife. It’s nice that Castiel helped bring about the heaven Dean “deserves.” Still, it was disappointing that the two never got to see one another on-screen. But hey, at least “Baby” the Impala got to go to heaven!

Sam, meanwhile, goes on to live a happy life without Dean. He does, indeed, carry on without his brother, and eventually we see after a time-jump that he’s married and had a baby—also named Dean, and who also grows up to keep the Winchester monster-hunting tradition alive. In other words, Sam lives out the life he always wanted.

In the end, Sam dies of old age—reuniting with Dean in New Heaven, where they share a warm embrace.

What can we say? There is something comforting about knowing that after all these characters have endured, they finally get to know true peace. Some fans will love it, and some will hate it. And some will always wonder what it would have been if COVID-19 hadn’t disrupted the original finale plans. (From the sounds of it, things wouldn’t have been that different; as co-showrunner Andrew Dabbs told EW, the pandemic “did not change... the story or the emotions, or anything else.”) You win some, you lose some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 20, 2020 6:08 PM

Thank god this shit show is finally over and these dumb threads will die out. Hopefully, so will these no talent D List actors. It just goes to show that success in Hollywood is certainly not contingent upon talent.

by Anonymousreply 153November 20, 2020 6:18 PM

Forgot to add that when I was in the hospital this morning all the nurses were bitching about the finale. What did they expect? The entire show was awful; why would the finale be any different?

by Anonymousreply 154November 20, 2020 6:19 PM

As already stated, I was fine with the finale, except for Sam's old age makeup. But I do wonder if they made tweaks to the finale post Covid. Maybe dying by a nail was more Covid friendly than some big epic death. Or maybe they figured that Dean, who had already had all of these epic deaths, that it would be something small and insignificant that would finally take him out.

by Anonymousreply 155November 20, 2020 6:36 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, R155.

You're certainly in the minority.

I used to think this show was so cool. The first 5 seasons were really interesting and unlike anything being done. Then they got greedy and tried to beat a dead horse. For ten years they beat that dead horse, trying to get every last penny out.

It's a shame what greed can do.

by Anonymousreply 156November 20, 2020 6:42 PM

[QUOTE]I was fine with the finale, except for Sam's old age makeup.

The CW spent all their money on Jared's wigs for Walker. Nothing was left over for makeup.

by Anonymousreply 157November 20, 2020 6:49 PM

The nail was obviously needed (or something very much like it) so that Dean would have time to make his big speech. It isn't like he could just be killed quickly by a vampire or something. All of the people bitching and moaning don't say anything about what would have been a better ending.

This sure as HELL was better than the ending of Game of Thrones!

by Anonymousreply 158November 20, 2020 7:24 PM

If you want to see Jensen in his first role (a cameo) after playing Dean, check out this clip. It's from something called "The Buddy Games". Enjoy JA cursing up a storm for 3 minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 20, 2020 7:34 PM

[QUOTE]This sure as HELL was better than the ending of Game of Thrones!

Not according to Twiterverse. There are THOUSANDS of memes. They go something like:

Game of Thrones: We have the worst series finale ever!

Supernatural: Hold my beer!

by Anonymousreply 160November 20, 2020 7:37 PM

I didn't watch it and don't plan to. Did they show how he even came into custody of "Little Dean?" Could he have just snatched a baby/child that reminded him of Dean?

by Anonymousreply 161November 20, 2020 7:56 PM

Yes, he was wearing a wedding ring and we saw a woman in the background on the porch in the montage.

by Anonymousreply 162November 20, 2020 7:57 PM

R152, writers shouldn’t rely on the vocal minority of destiel fans that dominated tumblr and twitter there are those who are satisfied with the ending.

by Anonymousreply 163November 20, 2020 7:59 PM

I wish they would stop hiring Canadian actors. The actor who played Sam's son Dean should have been much, much hotter. That dude was maybe a Chicago 4.

by Anonymousreply 164November 20, 2020 8:14 PM

The fans who are satisfied are few and far between, R163. They were even giving Padalecki a hard time because he had said that the finale was his favorite episode ever.

by Anonymousreply 165November 20, 2020 8:24 PM

[Quote] writers shouldn’t rely on the vocal minority of destiel fans that dominated tumblr and twitter there are those who are satisfied with the ending.

Exactly.

[Quote] The female may have been the surrogate to carry Sam and Dean’s child. It’s the near future, so artificial wombs would not have been invented yet.

You are doing the most.

by Anonymousreply 166November 20, 2020 10:51 PM

I revel in the bitter tears and rage and gnashing of teeth of those fucking crazy-ass bitches who wanted the angel in the last episode.

It was ALL Winchester brothers, baby!!

Some even said that Winchester was cannon all along. Well, duh.

Jared’s hair in that promo and those few pictures is weird. It can’t be a wig, can it? I mean, his hair is shorter now so it sort of filled out? He wasn’t balding that badly, just the front part was losing volume.

Oh, well. We can love them in the better first three seasons forever, without having to visit anything after that.

by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2020 4:26 AM

Did anybody catch the tweet that the network sent out regarding those crazy accusations from the angel fans?

They keep accusing the show of queer baiting. No, the show NEVER hinted or intimated that Dean was bi. He was always a horn dog for the ladies.

The crazy fans saw what they wanted to see.

The network said they would not tolerate those accusations. And what they were being accused of was possibly libelous.

Not really, I don’t know what the network said exactly only that the fans needed to tread carefully over what they were saying.

by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2020 4:32 AM

[quote]the show NEVER hinted or intimated that Dean was bi.

Except in season 1. Dean's questionable sexuality is the only reason I started watching it.

by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2020 4:37 AM

So the people who hated the finale, didn’t like it because Cass wasn’t in it? He had his big finale the episode before. And the show was always about the brothers. Cass was a great part of the show, but he wasn’t what the core of the show was about. I would have liked to see Crowley and Rowena again, but you can’t do everything in a finale. It was only 40 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2020 4:38 AM

I greeted Dean's death with the same shock as when Princess Diana died!

I was in a daze. Disorientated. I still have not recovered!

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2020 6:28 AM

[quote] Did anybody catch the tweet that the network sent out regarding those crazy accusations from the angel fans?

Here's the Tweet, R168.

LOL R159. That's hilarious! I love hearing Jensen swear. He used the F-word quite a bit in "My Bloody Valentine 3-D" and I was shocked, at first. He seems so wholesome.

[quote] The actor who played Sam's son Dean should have been much, much hotter. That dude was maybe a Chicago 4.

I thought the same thing. Throughout all these years, they've found good looking kids to play younger versions of Sam and Dean. Now all of a sudden the find this guy to play Sam's son? He didn't look anything like Sam, except for the long hair.

[quote] The fans who are satisfied are few and far between, R163. They were even giving Padalecki a hard time because he had said that the finale was his favorite episode ever.

Not to be cynical, but it was probably his favorite because he got to live and Dean died.

He actually was the last man standing on the show, and his character - I guess - has always been the "star" of the show (Jared got top billing in the credits).

I do wonder how they made the decision about who was going to die. That really could have gone either way, with either one of them dying and going to heaven, and the other one getting married and having a kid.

Honestly, I was thinking that they killed off Jensen because they felt that he could deliver a better "dying" performance than Jared could. I was imagining Jared playing a death scene, and thinking... nope. He couldn't pull it off the way Jensen did. Jensen made much more of an impact by dying, than Jared would have.

Also, Dean has always had a better rapport with Bobby. So it made sense that he would meet Bobby in heaven. And he also had to drive the Impala around in heaven for about 40 years, before Sammy came along.

I'm not sure what Sam would have done for 40 years in heaven, while waiting for Dean. He probably would have run off to find Jess or boring Amelia, and never have come back.

[quote] the show NEVER hinted or intimated that Dean was bi.

Bull. It was all in the subtext. They didn't just hint at it. The writers hit us over the head with a hammer, implying that Dean was gay.

[quote] Dean's questionable sexuality is the only reason I started watching it.

Me too. Well actually, I had picked up on Wincest from the very beginning.

Jared and Jensen have an undeniable chemistry. They have personalities that really work well together, and that has been the essence of what made the show work for 15 years.

And they never lost that chemistry. In fact, they seem to have grown even closer after all those years, which is highly unusual for actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 21, 2020 7:19 AM

This is just the sweetest photo ever.

It makes my heart melt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 21, 2020 8:12 AM

Read an article in the Hollywood Reporter bout how the average slot this show had was around 100 ....not very popular in the list of shows ratings, but it had good lead in potential evidently, for shows that succeeded it.....seems odd to me, must have been cheap to produce....i never could stand the show, seemed for 12 yr olds.

by Anonymousreply 174November 21, 2020 8:42 AM

R168 that's nothing new with shippers. Network should have ignored them. It's not like the CW has a great track record when it comes to diversity/inclusivity. They just pretend to.

R169 no, not even then.

by Anonymousreply 175November 21, 2020 9:41 AM

true the 2 stars are fans of Trump??

by Anonymousreply 176November 21, 2020 10:02 AM

Anyone care to post a synopsis of the finale?

Who killed Dean?

by Anonymousreply 177November 21, 2020 10:20 AM

A nail.

by Anonymousreply 178November 21, 2020 10:30 AM

I will miss the Destiel vs Wincest shipper wars the most esp during the conventions when one of the fans would asked the cast some akward questions and the shippers would accused the others of shoving their ships down their throats.

by Anonymousreply 179November 21, 2020 10:39 AM

Who watches this trashy drivel????

by Anonymousreply 180November 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Did they play the Kansas song?

by Anonymousreply 181November 21, 2020 11:38 AM

Yes, the show was cheap to produce. At most, in any given season, there were 4 regulars and only two of those - Jared and Jensen - appeared in all episodes. The Js didn't even get vanity producer credits, even though Jensen directed a few of the episodes.

The show, while not a huge same day ratings bonanza did well for the CW. No matter where they moved it to, the fans followed. It could lead the night or it could end the night. It was just a show that would not quit. Plus the show improved in the Live +7 ratings and streaming ratings.

Then there were the conventions. Jared and Jensen and the others will never have to work another day in their lives, just from convention money alone. That show will continue to print money for them for many years to come.

I have never gotten into all the shipper nonsense. The acting on the show. What the actors can and cannot do performancewise. Or the hysterical reactions to Jensen's politics. I just enjoyed the show for what it was. A silly little rip off of Route 66 with monsters added.

The best thing about this show, in my opinion, is how Jensen Ackles has aged so beautifully over the years. Poor Jared, he looks like a hag or maybe he needs a fucking cheeseburger, but Jensen has some great fucking genes.

And finally this show had one of the best season finales ever, with the angels falling finale.

by Anonymousreply 182November 21, 2020 12:50 PM

R170, the people that were mad about Cas were mad because he was just thrown in a dark pit to suffer for eternity. I don’t know of any show about any subject where a good guy character is thrown into what some described as “super hell.” The character was supposed to only be able to remember his worst memories forever, like he was sentenced to wizard prison and had to share a cell with a dementor. Ends like that are usually reserved for evil characters like demons or violent criminals. Somebody like Voldemort, maybe. Shows usually engineer a happy ending for their main characters. And they left it hanging, after so many characters escaped death and hell during the show’s run. Shows like this are fairy tales, good is supposed to triumph over evil.

A day later, one of the shows’ writers tweeted that Cas escaped and saw Dean again and they were together in heaven. They didn’t show that on screen, they were just pulling it out of their ass. That just added insult to injury, because it was the opposite of what happened on the show.

They weren’t happy about Dean or Sam’s ending either, they wanted Sam to end up with Eileen, not a random unknown person the show had no relation to. You have fifteen years for him to find a girl and that’s somehow not long enough to tell that story?

They were pissed about a nail killing Dean. All the endings had no relation to anything the characters had done for fifteen years. That’s a lot of history to discard. And it was badly written. They could have had Sam text Eileen to find out what she wanted from the store, wearing a wedding ring, they didn’t even have to show her. There’s no reason not to show each one living happily ever after. That makes no sense from the syndication rewatch point of view. Who ever wants to see that again?

If you were watching a western serial, would they end on the note of, “and then the Lone Ranger got thrown in a pit forever, or died from a rusty nail”? No, because the mythology is that the good guys always either win, or go out heroically. At least they get the girl onscreen in the end. They don’t show the character spending a long time with one girl, then at the end he’s suddenly married to a different stranger. Nothing about it made sense from a narrative point of view.

This captures the fan reaction pretty accurately:

Antonio El Jack-o-lantern @lluc_caminacels

Replying to @madcapidol and @marysuewriter

(spoilers obvs)

Vampire clowns kill Dean with a rusty nail, he goes to heaven with the Impala, Sam gets a wife we don't see and a dog he doesn't want to fuck, and gets a party city wig to indicate he's old. We don't even see Cas, and apparently there's wincest vibes. The end.

Deodorant CassieToilet @curioscurio

"Cas admits his gay love for Dean, who doesnt reciprocate, and gets sent to superhell for liking men. Dean dies from tetanus because of a rusty nail. The fucking car got into heaven." am i tripping? am i on crack? this is real?

madison (hny) @Hnybnny

Replying to @my2k

game of thrones has been dethroned jesus h fucking christ

by Anonymousreply 183November 21, 2020 12:54 PM

Shocked it lasted so long...its like that boring show that never dies....just is THERE forever....rather queer.

by Anonymousreply 184November 21, 2020 1:10 PM

[quote] Did they play the Kansas song?

Boy, did they ever.

They played the "Fan Fiction" version of Carry on Wayward Son at the beginning of the first hour, and then they played the full song at the very ending of the second hour, PLUS an extended version of the song sung by some angsty female group with NEW lyrics.

They played the HELL out of that song. And I liked it!

[quote] Jared and Jensen and the others will never have to work another day in their lives, just from convention money alone. That show will continue to print money for them for many years to come.

That might have been true before Covid, but not sure how the conventions will work after Covid. They're probably all cancelled.

[quote] The best thing about this show, in my opinion, is how Jensen Ackles has aged so beautifully over the years.

Agree 100% with this. I'll never understand the people who keep trashing his looks, and saying they see him around Austin and that he looks "plain and old."

He certainly doesn't look it, to me. He looks fabulous for 42.

[quote] And finally this show had one of the best season finales ever, with the angels falling finale.

I find it fascinating that you mention this. I almost never see this season finale mentioned, yet I always watch it because I love it too.

I can't exactly say what I like about it so much, except that it's very cool to see the angels being shot down from heaven and plunking into the earth, plus Metatron taking Castiel's grace and making him human, plus Sam on the verge of death. It was all very exciting!

[quote] the people that were mad about Cas were mad because he was just thrown in a dark pit to suffer for eternity. I don’t know of any show about any subject where a good guy character is thrown into what some described as “super hell.” The character was supposed to only be able to remember his worst memories forever, like he was sentenced to wizard prison and had to share a cell with a dementor. Ends like that are usually reserved for evil characters like demons or violent criminals. Somebody like Voldemort, maybe. Shows usually engineer a happy ending for their main characters. And they left it hanging, after so many characters escaped death and hell during the show’s run.

I never considered it, but this, plus the other points you made in your post are all very true.

All legitimate reasons for the fans to be upset.

Here's the "Carry on My Wayward Son" ending. A full four minutes of it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 21, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote] Who killed Dean?

A Vampire.

After they took away Chuck's power, things seemed to quiet down on Earth. The opening scene showed them living a "normal" life for the first time ever, eating breakfast, washing clothes, cleaning up the bunker, playing with Dean's new dog, etc.

Then one day they're sitting at their computers and Dean finds a case.

But not before he and Sam attend a pie festival. Lol.

The case happens to be something that was in John's journal, about a vampire crew that John found in 1986 who wore masks and cannibalized their victims and cut off some of their tongues.

The vampires abducted two kids, and one of the vampires was caught and interrogated by Sam and Dean. This led them to the vampire nest. The boys fought off all the vampires except for one, who slammed Dean against a post in the barn, containing a long protruding nail. I'm assuming it went through his heart, which is why he died so fast. He was impaled on it, and said that Sammy can't move him because it was "the only thing holding him together."

And then this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 21, 2020 2:35 PM

So is Cas really In heaven or is it an excuse from one of the writers because of the backlash of the gays burn in hell bit?

by Anonymousreply 187November 21, 2020 2:35 PM

What's his name told Dean that Cass was helping Jack make Heaven right. So why are people assuming that Cass is just in the Empty?

by Anonymousreply 188November 21, 2020 2:38 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Jensen has a hideous tattoo on his upper left arm. Why would he go and do something so stupid like that?

[quote] What's his name told Dean that Cass was helping Jack make Heaven right. So why are people assuming that Cass is just in the Empty?

Because that's what the show has been saying all along. And in Castiel's final episode, The Shadow from The Empty came and took him away.

After that, there was no mention of what happened to Cass, with the exception of that very BRIEF moment between Bobby and Dean, where Bobby says that "Cass helped" create Jack's new heaven.

And finally...

Supernatural Cast Reaction To Supernatural Series Finale!

Cute video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 21, 2020 4:02 PM

It wasn’t a god-dammed nail, for fucks sake.

It was a thick piece of rebar.

by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2020 4:47 PM

It would have been better if the final episode were the conclusion of a story arc and not just an epilogue. That decision doomed the ending.

by Anonymousreply 191November 21, 2020 5:43 PM

So when Dean died and they were done.

Was there peace?

Or not because Sammy cried?

by Anonymousreply 192November 21, 2020 7:22 PM

R189, but saying “Cas helped create new heaven” might mean that Cas was a good influence on Jack, so therefore you could say Cas had a hand in how Jack chose to create new heaven. That doesn’t mean Cas was there in person doing it.

R187, there was a backlash against the writers and showrunners on Twitter, and apparently some of them got shaken by the vociferous disapproval of their storyline, so several of them have tried to wallpaper over what happened pretty drastically, to the point that they are trying to verbally rewrite or recharacterize what viewers saw acted out right in front of their eyes. They were trying to gaslight the fans out of reacting to what they saw.

There’s been a lot of discussion of “gay death syndrome,” meaning if a character is gay and has a gay relationship, they are punished for their gayness by dying in the plot, because gay people are bad people and need to be punished for their gayness by never getting to be happy. It’s kind of like a latter day Hayes Code “good guys live happily ever after, bad guys get punished or die,” with gays in the “bad guy” group.” That’s why they’re freaking out. Because people called them out on being a striking example of that trope. It wasn’t even subtle.

A lot of people took Cas dying two seconds after he confessed his gay love as homophobic, and I think the showrunners realized that was a problem. If they want to make any money on syndication, the last message of your show shouldn’t be, “Cas was okay to keep around as long as we didn’t know for sure he was gay, but now that we do, boom, straight to hell the next minute. He is damned by his gayness!” Who in the hell thought that was a good storyline? This isn’t 1820, it’s 2020. It’s like the evangelical version of gays as “sinners.”

With a long running show like this, there’s a lot of money to be made in syndication. The show could be profit making for decades. Look at all those 1960s shows that are still being broadcast in syndication. The more episodes you have in the can, the more valuable it is. Having the last episode with Cas be an affirmation of the homophobic death trope, when the show is viewed by a gay friendly audience, is Trumpian levels of stupidity. And probably somebody having an axe to grind and a show to grind it on.

It makes me think someone at the executive level of the show is really religious and homophobic and wanted to play out their beliefs on the screen, fans be damned. There’s been years of people doth protesting way too much. And it’s pretty unlikely any actor would have that kind of pull. It’s a management decision to go with it.

by Anonymousreply 193November 21, 2020 8:53 PM

R190, you should have seen some of the memes after that episode. One showed Dean’s death being caused by a tiny stray screw.

by Anonymousreply 194November 21, 2020 8:54 PM

I clearly have been watching a different show all these years.

by Anonymousreply 195November 21, 2020 8:55 PM

This is the reaction to the finale. You may not agree, but these are the people that are their prime syndication viewers.

puck @eyeskewer

wish I was me from 30 min ago who was ready to cry for this show again, not.....watch dean get shoved onto some rusty nail and take forever to die

ava | 1st stage of grief @newtchesters

now. if sam and dean died while getting rid of ALL the monsters on earth somehow? that would have been better. it would be for something. then, they’d at least have cas in heaven with them too and sam would have eileen and it would have been okay.

Marianne Dupré @ramianneD

For real though. We knew they'd probably die on the job, while fighting, at least Dean. That was said early on. But Dean said "gun blazing". He wanted to die in glory while doing his job

He was impaled on a rusty nail because of vampire #7613. That's just disrespect

Firegarlic munching marxist whoreSnowflake

is the rusty nail symbolic? are they saying that dean wouldve died if cas had boned him??

(Charlie) SPN SPOILERS @charlie_SSOS

Fr, he fought for so much/had so many big battles and enemies that he won only for him to get killed by a rusty nail against 3 Vamps? Dean's whole life was lived for other people (Sam, Chuck) and he finally got his freedom only to die in such a dishonourable way #Supernatural

slone is not ready to talk about supernatural

i think the anger isn't so much at them being together. it's more that cas, who is always pitched as just an integral character "the 3rd brother" got nothing but a single mention, and dean's freedom lasted 3 whole days before he died on a rusty nail

arcangelo corelli aka gucci jesus @willindisguise

dean winchester surviving 15 seasons of supernatural and then dying in the last episode after getting cut by a rusty nail is the Height of comedy to me

your autumnal overlordFallen leaf @feralcatcolony

they really said they would rather kill a character on a rusty nail than make cas and dean kiss. this is hell and im in it

eliane | DEAN AND CAS DESERVED BETTER

I’m so angry that the finale of my favourite show felt like a filler episode. honestly I would have preferred Chuck to kill them instead of some rusty nail... #Supernatural

ur gay? like on degrassi @coles_cash

once dean died of tetanus all the demons launched a go fund me for sam to go back to law school.

ur gay? like on degrassi @coles_cash

the vampire who shoved dean into a rusty nail comes up to sam on his graduation day, claps him in the shoulder, and says “good for u. thats where all the real monsters are”

by Anonymousreply 196November 21, 2020 9:22 PM

Typical Misha wanted to do something nice for the Destiel and Cas fans but it backfired and the show,writers and show runners are paying the price for it.

by Anonymousreply 197November 21, 2020 9:22 PM

me fucking the long dark hair one and the other inside my boycunt.

by Anonymousreply 198November 21, 2020 9:35 PM

it was an oversized nail R190

by Anonymousreply 199November 21, 2020 9:49 PM

Meh. It wasn't as bad as the ending of How I Met your Mother. It's more on the level of the Seinfeld finale. I knew I should have just stopped with the previous episode. It was the perfect ending, all the supernatural influences were gone, and Sam and Dean were free to make their own fate. The best thing about it is schadenfreude watching the psychotic fury from the destiel shippers.

Nonsense, R153, the show will live on for years in syndication. I can just imagine the Walker/SPN fanfics being created even now.

by Anonymousreply 200November 21, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote]Did anybody catch the tweet that the network sent out regarding those crazy accusations from the angel fans?

Where this Tweet, R168? I've scoured the CW's Twitter page and don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 201November 21, 2020 11:33 PM

LMFAO . . . the Supernatural loonies are lashing out at TV Line for failing to declare Jensen Acklis Performer of the Week. They're even threatening the winner, Emma Corrin, who plays Diana Spencer on the Crown. Incidentally, if you Supernatural people want to watch something [italic]good[/italic] on TV, with competent actors, you should check out the Crown. Olivia Coleman and Gillian Anderson are transcendent. Go watch their subtle, well-thought out performances and then compare them to Jensen's treacly, tear-laden attempt at emotional porn.

An occasional Dorito is fine but a diet of nothing else will kill you.

by Anonymousreply 202November 22, 2020 12:33 AM

LOL at the comments at R196.

Ew at R198.

[quote] A lot of people took Cas dying two seconds after he confessed his gay love as homophobic, and I think the showrunners realized that was a problem. If they want to make any money on syndication, the last message of your show shouldn’t be, “Cas was okay to keep around as long as we didn’t know for sure he was gay, but now that we do, boom, straight to hell the next minute. He is damned by his gayness!”

It wasn't such a big deal to me at first, but now that I'm reading the comments, I have to agree with the anger.

That was a really fucking shitty thing for Andrew Dabb to do. Asshole.

I have a feeling that Jensen had something to do with it. He has always hated Destiel, and I think that this was his revenge.

Finally, about the video at R189. I cannot believe that Genevieve Padalecki sent out a Tweet with a MIS SPELLED name of Phil Sgriccia.

Honey, you'll never work in this town again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203November 22, 2020 2:02 AM

No, R197, in typical misha fashion, he wanted attention And wanted to remain relevant. Maybe he was pissed when they told him he wouldn’t be in the last two episodes.

He gets Jensen and the whole show in trouble AGAIN by queer baiting.

He should have left that stupid declaration to interpretation by the people watching. He did not have to elaborate further. But again, attention whores say what?

by Anonymousreply 204November 22, 2020 6:37 AM

R204 you're so full of it. Give it a rest already with the Misha hate. He's not in charge of the show.

by Anonymousreply 205November 22, 2020 6:47 AM

Misha isn’t a bad guy but he shouldn’t have given the shippers false hope and just ignore them. He wanted to include something for the fans and this was the only compromise the show can do and it backfired.

by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2020 6:54 AM

[Quote] but he shouldn’t have given the shippers false hope

They were idiots to have hope in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 207November 22, 2020 7:27 AM

Horrid show, HORRID actors, horrid writers, HORRID fans

by Anonymousreply 208November 22, 2020 8:03 AM

R208 = BK at Hotel Ivy @ConstantineMpls

Bye, HATER!!!!

DOXXXXX on YOUUUUUU!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 22, 2020 8:23 AM

Wow, yeah, that's a classy actor right there, R209.

by Anonymousreply 210November 22, 2020 8:26 AM

Haha suck it, R210.

Jared is the best!

I love that he calls out shitheads for being shitheads. That's the only way they'll ever learn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 22, 2020 5:32 PM

But that is just the problem, R206. I pretty sure “the show” didn’t ask him to do a god-damned thing.

Supposedly Dean did have some sort of reaction but it was cut from the show that aired. When this bit of news came out, there were people actually begging Jensen to release the footage so they they could see Deans reaction. Some other fools were looking to raise money to film a different ending to the show.

It’s pathetic, really.

by Anonymousreply 212November 22, 2020 5:41 PM

why u all creamin over the stars, aint dey trump ass kissers?

by Anonymousreply 213November 22, 2020 7:26 PM

Friends who are fans of the show say that Misha claims he is so limber that he can suck himself off?

Is this true? If so, why the fuck would you tell people about this if you are a public figure?

by Anonymousreply 214November 22, 2020 7:37 PM

Again, attention whore says what?

by Anonymousreply 215November 22, 2020 10:13 PM

I've just watched the finale and I'm officially a wreck. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 216November 22, 2020 11:07 PM

I read on another forum that the Js wrote a lot of the dialog for the barn scene/Dean's goodbye, not Andrew Dabb, the hack. No wonder it was so raw and heartfelt

by Anonymousreply 217November 22, 2020 11:42 PM

R214 it's a reference to a character Misha played in Nip/Tuck. The man is flexible.

by Anonymousreply 218November 22, 2020 11:58 PM

Why would Jensen get a huge tattoo like this?

Does he never, ever want to work in Hollywood again? And isn't he a bit old to be doing this?

Then he got another tattoo on his wrist, at Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wedding back in October.

Sounds like a mid-life crisis to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 23, 2020 12:33 AM

They're going to be starring in a new movie.... "Three Fools and a Tattoo!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 23, 2020 12:39 AM

Angels wouldn't be sexual anyway. When he professed his love, it had nothing to do with sex.

by Anonymousreply 221November 23, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote] Angels wouldn't be sexual anyway. When he professed his love, it had nothing to do with sex.

Someone had better tell Castiel and Dean!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 23, 2020 3:38 AM

It should have been obvious to fans of the show that without Chuck and the protection he provided them, there was a better than even chance in any of the brothers' encounters with monsters that they would be killed. Putting aside all the resurrections and direct protection they were giving in various episodes, just look at how many times their bodies were hurled around or attacked and they didn't die. The last episode showed what life would be like hunting without protection. Dean was killed just like other hunters have been killed during the course of the series.

by Anonymousreply 223November 23, 2020 7:41 AM

Now I know why the vampires were wearing masks.

They didn't want to expose Sam and Dean to coronavirus!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 23, 2020 10:03 AM

R222 that's a terrible manip.

by Anonymousreply 225November 23, 2020 10:23 AM

I'm not some big defender of tattoos, but a lot of actors have tattoos and they just get covered up with body makeup. Tattoos are not a deal breaker any longer and haven't been in quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 226November 23, 2020 12:09 PM

A producer would probably have to take into consideration whether or not they wanted to hire someone with mental issues, which having large tattoos could indicate.

by Anonymousreply 227November 23, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] I will miss the Destiel vs Wincest shipper wars the most esp during the conventions when one of the fans would asked the cast some akward questions and the shippers would accused the others of shoving their ships down their throats.

R179 lmao so it's Bangel & Spuffy all over again.

I was always like, "take a third option, idiots, Buffy belongs with Faith". I liked her better with Riley than either of the vamps, too. But then I've always been the person in the corner by myself with the weird 2%er OTP.

by Anonymousreply 228November 23, 2020 3:32 PM

R221 Dean has literally had sex with an angel before?

Regardless of if you ship it, it would appear angels can absolutely engage in sexual attraction and sexual acts. Not to mention, Cas was losing his angel mojo and obviously they never defined what impact that had on the more human needs/experiences.

by Anonymousreply 229November 23, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote] Regardless of if you ship it, it would appear angels can absolutely engage in sexual attraction and sexual acts.

For those of you who have actually read the Bible, angels have indeed had sex with humans.

In Genesis, it mentions that some angels "noticed the daughters of men." They took a human form and had sex with them, resulting in the Nephilim, "the men of fame."

And unlike how Supernatural portrays them, the Nephilim were human giants, and extremely violent. They were not spirit creatures, as SPN has implied.

And there's no way that Jack - as a Nephilim - could ever become like God. But I digress.....

by Anonymousreply 230November 23, 2020 5:27 PM

I was always hoping that Dean would get to fuck Sam at least once- perhaps while he was possessed and on poppers. But I guess that won't happen now. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 231November 23, 2020 5:53 PM

'Supernatural' Creator Promises Fans They 'Would've Hated' His Idea for Series Finale

"Supernatural" reached the end of its very long road Thursday night with a series vfinale that was not the one scripted by the show's creator - but one that he said fans probably liked much more than his own.

"I will say this," Kripke, who created the Jensen Ackles- and Jared Padalecki-led series, which debuted on The CW in 2005, told Entertainment Weekly in an interview published after the finale aired. "There's only one scene that I haven't done that I would've done for the end of the show and I'm certainly not going to give it away, maybe one day I will. But I can assure the fans that my ending was so much darker than the ending they're going with, so anyone who's like, 'Kripke should've ended it,' I'm like, 'You would've hated my ending!' Because it was a horror movie and it was going to have a horror movie ending, so I can promise you the ending [they went with] you'll love much more than if you had let me end the show."

Last night's "Supernatural" series finale saw Dean (Ackles) killed when he was impaled by a nail during a standard vampire hunt with his brother, Sam (Padalecki). Sam watched Dean die, and then went on to live out the rest of his life - getting married, having a son and naming him Dean - without his big brother. The two were reunited in heaven at the end of the episode, titled "Carry On," after Dean died of old age. (You can read a more detailed recap here.)

"In my last episode, [the Season 5 finale] 'Swan Song,' I probably, in hindsight foolishly, spent maybe like 80% of how I wanted that show to end," Kripke, who stepped away from his showrunner duties on "Supernatural" after the show's fifth season, told EW.

"I didn't know it was going to go 15 years. I probably wouldn't have done that again had I had another chance but I thought maybe there was another year or two! Outside of a few little scenes and a few more moments, that was the meat of where I thought this show should end, which is Sam versus Dean and then ultimately good versus evil but brotherhood wins and sacrifices are made."

Kripke said that it was "inevitable that over many years, the show is going to spend every idea I had in terms of where it could go or end" and that by 2020, he didn't have "some preconceived notion of how it should end." "The Boys" creator says he was "completely open-minded" to what the current "Supernatural" showrunners, Andrew Dabb and Bob Singer, were planning.

"I had a long talk with Jensen about it and I had a long talk with Andrew and Bob about it and I think it's the best possible ending for the show," Kripke told EW. "It was interesting, they pitched it to me and I went off to think about it for a couple days, and admittedly, me being me, I spent some time thinking, 'OK, is there any other ending I would pitch back that I think is better?' And I spent a couple days trying to chase down a couple avenues and couldn't come up with anything better. So I went back and I was like, 'Guys I think it's the right one.' There's some substance to it but there's something emotional, I think there's a positive energy around it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 23, 2020 6:20 PM

The crucifixion reference is a little maudlin and on-the-nose Abrahamic for my taste, but I'm sure the Christian fanpeople dug it

Wonder if that was Ackles' idea, he's a Bible-bashing type, I heard.

by Anonymousreply 233November 23, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote] I was always hoping that Dean would get to fuck Sam at least once- perhaps while he was possessed and on poppers. But I guess that won't happen now. Shit.

A boy can dream, R231!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 23, 2020 7:01 PM

Eh. I have no dog in this lunatic race. Both brothers' idea of Heaven was a reunion followed by life lived just the two of them, together, with no other spouses or lovers or partner, but anyone who's had a sibling they love and care for will tell you that sexuality doesn't come into it.

Which brings me to a wider point - what kind of theological conclusion is that ending, anyway? I'm no Christian and I don't care for this show particularly, so I probably don't know the lore, but what is so paradisial about living a banal existence that is exactly like your life on Earth as it was when you were an adult stuck in Podunk with your weird family members? Again, being with a sibling you love with all your heart makes up for a lot, but even still....that's it? After all that suffering and sacrifice on Earth? You just have to relive an ersatz Easy mode version of it?

When Pagans die, we get our youth back, and we go to the Summerlands - a kind of unspoilt and lush bucolic country of eternal beings that exists beyond the veil of consciousness - to live and to sport alongside the Gods, until we are called back to the World again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 23, 2020 7:42 PM

When Dean had sex with Anna she was still a human.

She didn’t get her grace until a while later.

So. Technically, no angel sex.

by Anonymousreply 236November 23, 2020 7:45 PM

Jack is the result of angel-human sex.

by Anonymousreply 237November 23, 2020 7:50 PM

I’m sure Kripke would have killed off both brothers. So his ending would have been worse.

by Anonymousreply 238November 23, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote] what is so paradisial about living a banal existence that is exactly like your life on Earth as it was when you were an adult stuck in Podunk with your weird family members?

[quote] Again, being with a sibling you love with all your heart makes up for a lot, but even still....that's it? After all that suffering and sacrifice on Earth? You just have to relive an ersatz Easy mode version of it?

That, my dear is the million dollar question.

You just asked something that most religions cannot answer properly. Because none of their explanations will make any sense, and will not provide you with a satisfactory explanation to your question.

Find the religion that does, and you will have your answer.

[quote] When Dean had sex with Anna she was still a human. She didn't get her grace until a while later. So. Technically, no angel sex.

Fine, but when Castiel was cast down to Earth by Metatron and became human, a "female" angel found him, and ended up having sex with him.

So there are at least two examples of angel/human sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 23, 2020 8:12 PM

Now that the show has ended will Misha's head shrink back down to normal?

by Anonymousreply 240November 23, 2020 10:10 PM

I think Bobby basically said your heaven is what you wish it to be.

Dean's wish was to be with his brother but what if Sam's wish wasn't?

Does that mean two or more Sam's exist in heaven?

One for Dean and...maybe a myriad of other's for various folk who lay claim to him for their heaven.

Does that mean Dean has a fake Sam since Sam may have chosen something else?

Presumably Castiel's heavenly abode would have a fake Dean attached.

by Anonymousreply 241November 24, 2020 12:22 AM

No, don’t be stupid.

Deans heaven is Sam and Sams heaven is Dean.

Get it thru your thick head.

by Anonymousreply 242November 24, 2020 2:00 AM

Says who?

The final scene is from Dean's perspective. Not Sam's.

It's a fake Sam!

by Anonymousreply 243November 24, 2020 2:04 AM

R228 except Spuffy and Bangel were canon. I don't hate Riley either. But it's a no on Faith. There's no way Buffy would ever get with her after all the shit she pulled.

R240 is Misha still acting or going into politics?

by Anonymousreply 244November 24, 2020 8:07 AM

Anyone here read the Threesome Handbook written by Misha’s wife?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 24, 2020 8:41 AM

R245 i haven't but i'm sure more than one Misha stan on tumblr has all the juicy bits. All i remember is it was Vicki's idea to have an open marriage and they did fall in love with someone else (before they had kids). Also think it confirmed Misha is bi.

I know there's stories about him hooking up at cons. Some idiot tried to make it sound like he was a creep on one of the gossip blogs.

by Anonymousreply 246November 24, 2020 10:00 AM

But he DOES sound creepy.

by Anonymousreply 247November 24, 2020 10:03 AM

R247 how??

by Anonymousreply 248November 24, 2020 10:06 AM

[quote] Also think it confirmed Misha is bi.

I totally believe he's bi.

Misha has always set off my gaydar.

But he's "married" with kids, so I denied it in my head.

by Anonymousreply 249November 24, 2020 2:00 PM

I could not care less about Castiel, I hated the finale because it was badly written, it barely even had a plot, and because Dean should not have died, esp not like that. After all the trauma and abuse he went through in his life, after finally believing he actually deserved a life and was going to try and lived it, they kill him off. It was just fucking nihilistic. That's actually why most people who do, hate it, not because Castiel isn't in it. Just as usually the hellers are the loudest.

by Anonymousreply 250November 25, 2020 6:39 AM

R238 No both brothers dying would have been BETTER. It would have fit more thematically at least with the last FIFTEEN YEARS. Either they both should have died or they both should have lived.

Also no it wasn't Jensen's doing regarding Destiel, Jensen was very involved in the Cas' confession scene in 15.18, he, Misha and Rich planned it out carefully, he even had a crew member use his phone to film the scene for himself, as it was originally shot, because he knew it was Misha's last scene and he wanted to have something of his own to remember it by(this is per Jensen himself). He and Misha even texted each other stuff about it when it aired. He had no issues with it and he's NOT a bible thumper.

I didn't ship it but I don't think he hated it, he was responsible for a lot of the little touches people interpreted as Destiel, knowing how they'd be interpreted didn't stop of from adding them. He disliked the fan behavior it often caused. I can back up what the poster said regarding Dean's bisexuality. It's never been canon. However, fans were discussing subtext about it as far back as Season 1. It was around before Destiel.

His big tattoo is for his kids, the different parts of it symbolize each of them It doesn't have a lot of bright colors I think it probably be fairly easy to cover. Then the small one on his wrist he got with Jared and Jeffrey Dean Morgan No one cares about tattoos. That was one of the reasons Jensen didn't get one for a long time in the first place. A bunch of his friends got a tattoo when they were seniors in HS to honor a friend who died and he didn't because he was supposed to go to LA after graduation to try his luck and was told it wouldn't be a good idea. He obviously saw, that things had changed in 20 years and it was no longer considered a serious deterrent to getting work so decided to get them.

by Anonymousreply 251November 25, 2020 7:06 AM

Wait, I’ve been hearing from SPN fans that Jared recently stated sam’s blurry wife could also be a man?

by Anonymousreply 252November 25, 2020 7:35 AM

[quote] I can back up what the poster said regarding Dean's bisexuality. It's never been canon. However, fans were discussing subtext about it as far back as Season 1. It was around before Destiel.

Haha I remember way back in season one, there was an episode "Something Wicked" with the Shtriga, where Dean is checking into a motel and the kid at the front desk asks Dean "King or Two Queens?"

Dean replies, "Two queens." The kid looks outside the window with Sam standing by the car, and the kid says, "Yeah, I bet." Rofl. Then his mom walks in and asks him to do something, while she continues to check Dean into the motel. The kid walks away and says to his mom, "Two queens," and rolls his eyes. lol

And then there was the episode "Playthings" in season two, where Sam and Dean check into a creepy old hotel, and the lady who owns the hotel asks if they are "antiquers." They say yes (to make her think that's why they're at her hotel), and she says, "I knew it."

She is assuming that they are a gay couple, and asks if they want a king sized bed. Dean is taken by surprise and later says to Sam, "even more troubling, is why does she think I'm gay??" Sam replies, "well you do seem to overcompensate."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 25, 2020 9:41 AM

As an outside party with no personal interest in the matter, I will say that I always assumed Jensen Ackles was gay, so hearing he’s a conservative breeder uncomfortable with LGB is a little odd.

Growing up I knew of him from the series DAWSON’S CREEK, DARK ANGEL and SMALLVILLE, and later on the movie BLONDE. He just has gay energy about him. Maybe it’s his beauty and slight effeminacy throwing the radar off, though.

by Anonymousreply 254November 25, 2020 10:35 AM

I first saw Jensen on Smallville. And i think Jane Seymour played his mother. Then i saw him on Dark Angel. I liked his chemistry with Jessica Alba, but wish they didn't try to make him a love interest.

by Anonymousreply 255November 25, 2020 10:56 AM

"King or two queens?"

"Two queens."

Rofl. Only a gay man could have written those lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 25, 2020 1:40 PM

I don't generally watch this show but I've watched an episode here and there. Last night I watched the series finale which I thought was terribly lame. I felt like Dean and the show deserved a better ending. The two people I know who do watch it were all very disappointed. Like I said, I don't really have a horse in that race but I don't like the way Dean went out.

[quote]R182 = The best thing about this show, in my opinion, is how Jensen Ackles has aged so beautifully over the years. R185 = Agree 100% with this. I'll never understand the people who keep trashing his looks, and saying they see him around Austin and that he looks "plain and old."

I guess that's a shout-out to me, R185. I live in Austin, Texas, in the very same neighborhood as Jensen, and yes, I see him and his wife all the time. Or I used to prior to the Pandemic. I'm sorry--[italic]truly I am[/italic]--but he doesn't look the same in person as he does in print and on television. In all honestly, he looks a lot older. It's not that he's unattractive because he's not. He just looks older than 42.

The last time I saw him was probably over a year ago at the Apple Store in Barton Creek. It was before Covid-19 and he was working with the same genius that I eventually had. When he left I remarked to the genius that he was the Supernatural guy. Even the genius who was , a young girl in her 20s, even made the comment that he looked very different from TV.

I stepped in it with Supernatural fans when I commented about Jensen on a thread called "What Celebrities Look Worse in Person." We all have different ideas of beauty and attractiveness and, certainly, you might look at him and see something completely different.

There's a comment upthread about Gillian Anderson's performance in the Crown and how completely amazing it is. I second that! If you want to witness really good acting, go watch her and Olivia Coleman. They're a goddamn masterclass in the art of restrained, effective character acting.

by Anonymousreply 257November 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Bad last episode, yes. I understand the pandemic effects, but it was just bad.

And ultimately the afterlife proved to be just a hallucination of endless pabulum. So much for Jack's "creative" spirit.

by Anonymousreply 258November 25, 2020 6:48 PM

Last episode, R258? This entire show, every minute of every second of every episode has been nothing but endless pabulum.

Thank god it's over.

by Anonymousreply 259November 25, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote] Last episode, R258? This entire show, every minute of every second of every episode has been nothing but endless pabulum.

[quote] Thank god it's over.

Can someone please perform an exorcism on R259, and send him back to HELL with the other beasts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 25, 2020 8:13 PM

Yikes! Misha is backpedaling and now things went from bad to worse! I think that is what he gets for pandering and milking all those years to those types fans so they could but his merch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 26, 2020 6:30 AM

R261 LOL at the first reply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262November 26, 2020 10:59 AM

It is quite weird that 89 year old William Shatner is engage and more knowledgeable on the problems of the SPN fandom and the toxicity of the destiel shippers on twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 26, 2020 11:16 AM

[quote] Btw, I was recounting how many times Dean died during the series. It was definitely more than five.

It was more than 100, actually.

Just in the one episode of "Mystery Spot," Dean dies in a number of different ways. He is shot by Mr. Karpiak, then hit by a car, then smashed by a falling piano, then he choked on a sausage, slipped in the shower, ate a bad taco, got electrocuted by his shaver, shot by Cal the drifter, and bitten by a dog. And those are just the instances that we saw. According to Sam, he died 100 different ways. LOL.

[quote] Dean's wish was to be with his brother but what if Sam's wish wasn't?

[quote] Does that mean two or more Sam's exist in heaven? One for Dean and...maybe a myriad of other's for various folk who lay claim to him for their heaven.

[quote] Does that mean Dean has a fake Sam since Sam may have chosen something else?

First off, let me say that this version of Heaven doesn't work, for all of the reasons/questions you cited above.

The original Heaven in Supernatural made much more sense. Everyone was in their own Heaven, and it was their version of their ideal life.

The characters in their Heaven are like holograms. They're not real, but rather pleasant memories that would make them the most happy.

In this new Heaven that Jack created, it doesn't really make sense, because you can't have people sharing a Heaven. Heaven is different for everyone, so some people might not be happy in someone else's Heaven.

There is a paradox.

[quote] Presumably Castiel's heavenly abode would have a fake Dean attached.

Or at least a fake Dean dildo.

[quote] No, don’t be stupid.

[quote] Deans heaven is Sam and Sams heaven is Dean.

[quote] Get it thru your thick head.

You are WRONG WRONG WRONG.

In "Dark Side of the Moon," it was made CLEAR that Sam's Heaven was not at all the same as Dean's.

Dean's version of Heaven was spending time with Sammy, lighting fireworks in a field.

Sam's version of Heaven was AWAY from Dean. It was at a Thanksgiving table with someone else's family, then with a dog he found when he ran away from home and "lived off of Mr. Pibb." Dean was never pictured in Sam's Heaven, until Dean barged in on Sam's Heaven to basically drag him out of it.

Go watch that episode and LEARN SOMETHING.

by Anonymousreply 264November 26, 2020 11:23 AM

R263 Shatner comes off as unhinged. But i think he would know a thing or too because of Spirk shippers and just trekkies in general.

by Anonymousreply 265November 26, 2020 11:34 AM

Yeah, but they did come together and then spent the rest of the time traveling together. When Zachariah found them, they were together.

Ash said soul mates shared a heaven. Sam would have been in an entirely different heaven but Dean still found him.

R261, I can’t find anything that thirsty person said. Why is everybody getting all bent out of shape? Who cares what he said.

And again everything was starting to die down and with some convenient tweet everybody is talking about this shit again.

Now they’re talking about how some Spanish translation said Dean said he loved him too or some stupid bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 266November 26, 2020 9:29 PM

If Jared doesn't cut his hair, he's going to turn into William H. Macy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 28, 2020 7:30 AM

R267 minus the acting talent lol

by Anonymousreply 268November 28, 2020 7:36 AM

Jared cut his hair already.

He did it for his new tv role.

by Anonymousreply 269November 28, 2020 6:34 PM

What's the bet Jensen guest stars in Jarrod's show at some stage before cancellation?

by Anonymousreply 270November 28, 2020 9:02 PM

R270 i can't see Walker lasting more than one season. That type of show is a better fit for CBS.

by Anonymousreply 271November 28, 2020 10:50 PM

If Jensen doesn’t act on Jared’s new show, he can direct a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 272November 29, 2020 6:45 AM

[quote]Misha is backpedaling and now things went from bad to worse! I think that is what he gets for pandering and milking all those years to those types fans so they could but [sic] his merch.

You're an idiot, R261. It's utterly impossible for any rational person to read Misha's Tweets and not come away thinking that he's doing everything he possibly can to refute all these absurd rumors. He's the goddamn Voice of Reason, for fucks sake! And what "merch" are you talking about? Misha's never sold anything that didn't involve a charity.

The Misha hate some of you harbor is beyond ridiculous, and I'm including William Shatner in that statement. Shatner's most likely a Trumper so I have no time for him whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 273November 30, 2020 4:02 PM

so which are the stars? gay or trumpers???

by Anonymousreply 274November 30, 2020 5:31 PM

Jared wants Jensen to guest star on HIS show.

Rofl!

Jensen must be pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 30, 2020 5:37 PM

That asshole has always pandered to the hellers to stay on the show and be relevant.

It’s laughable and ridiculous when they say if it hadn’t been for Collins the show wouldn’t have lasted. Ha!

The comments on the TVLINE website and even Primetimer are correct. He’s trying to stay relevant.

Nobody asked him to explain that translation bullshit. He just wanted to stir the pot on the show after everything was dying down after the show aired the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 276November 30, 2020 5:56 PM

Tv shows shouldn’t pander to fans especially to the vocal minority on sm. The Destiel fanbase might be dominated in tumblr but in FB its whole different story where they find Destiel ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 277November 30, 2020 9:21 PM

R275 i don't know about pissed. But i can picture Jensen rolling his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 278November 30, 2020 9:21 PM

On Supernatural, Jared and Jensen were pretty much equals.

Now that the show is over, you can get a real sense of competition between them.

The tension is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 279November 30, 2020 9:23 PM

Tension? I doubt that.

They are both cheering each other on. They are each others’ biggest fan.

They both want their own endeavors to be successful. Jared is taking the bigger risk, though.

In one interview, Jared said that they were trying to sync up their schedules so that Jensen could be involved with Walker.

I’m pretty sure he’ll direct more than a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 280December 1, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote]Tv shows shouldn’t pander to fans especially to the vocal minority on sm. The Destiel fanbase might be dominated in tumblr but in FB its whole different story where they find Destiel ridiculous.

Castiel actually said "I love you" to Dean and it wasn't scripted as brotherly love. The writers did that SPECIFICALLY for the fans who ship Dean/Castiel, so stop acting like a butthurt baby and get over it. The show is, thankfully, done and over with, so stop with the Supernatural threads on DL. If you want to post about Supernatural and how much you hate Misha, go to one of the many sites where that's encouraged.

Misha is incredibly charitable and massively politically active. He's done more than Jensen and Jared combined, several times over! The hate you have for him is just ridiculous and childish.

Get the fuck over it and move on!

by Anonymousreply 281December 1, 2020 12:46 AM

Goddamn! That hair at R275 has got to be a wig, LMFAO!

JFC, that's just an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 282December 1, 2020 12:49 AM

anyone else never could stand that amateur show and never watched more than 2 episodes??? god it was zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 283December 1, 2020 1:52 AM

R280, it's so sweet you're sure there will BE more than a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 284December 1, 2020 2:15 AM

[Quote] Jared is taking the bigger risk, though.

How?

[Quote] In one interview, Jared said that they were trying to sync up their schedules so that Jensen could be involved with Walker.

That's just sad.

[Quote] Castiel actually said "I love you" to Dean and it wasn't scripted as brotherly love. The writers did that SPECIFICALLY for the fans who ship Dean/Castiel,

After 15 seasons.....what an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 285December 1, 2020 5:04 AM

[Quote] Jared is taking the bigger risk, though.

How?

[Quote] In one interview, Jared said that they were trying to sync up their schedules so that Jensen could be involved with Walker.

That's just sad.

[Quote] Castiel actually said "I love you" to Dean and it wasn't scripted as brotherly love. The writers did that SPECIFICALLY for the fans who ship Dean/Castiel,

After 15 seasons.....what an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 286December 1, 2020 5:04 AM

Why do you have to be so nasty and hateful, R282/R283/R284?

You can't just leave the Supernatural fans alone to talk about this show, without shitting all over us.

Does it give you pleasure to be such a hateful beast?

If you don't like the show, then there's the door. LEAVE. We don't want you here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287December 1, 2020 5:14 AM

The Walker show rests on Jared’s skinny shoulders. There are other actors, to be sure but he’s the main character.

Jensen is joining an already successful show with a big cast and he will be one of many. The show will not depend on Jensen to keep it alive.

These two actors have been working together for over 15 years. It’s going to take time for them to feel comfortable working with others and not have each other to turn and make comments and just talk to each other.

The hellers are insane and pathetic. You lost, get over it 😬😬😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 288December 1, 2020 7:19 PM

Has Mischa lined up any work yet?

I imagine an ego as thirsty as his would need an outlet to make sure he is the center of attention.

What depths will his desperation to be paid attention to lead?

by Anonymousreply 289December 1, 2020 7:25 PM

His toxic fans will be to blame when no show calls upon him to be part of another show.

As far as I know he doesn’t have anything lined up.

by Anonymousreply 290December 1, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote] As far as I know he doesn’t have anything lined up.

Misha has already said that he wants to go into politics.

I would love to see him working in the Biden administration. That would be so cool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 1, 2020 10:43 PM

Indeed, lots of unhinged rants by the lunatics who have this bizarre hatred of Misha Collins.

As people have said, he has not sought out more acting work since SPN and has been happy to take a back seat and concentrate on his political interests.

It's like Destiel got in the way of their Wincest or something equally weird.

Essentially the bad stuff about him is just made up by the lunatic fringe for reasons best known to their delusional mindset.

by Anonymousreply 292December 1, 2020 11:15 PM

THE BOYS Season 3 (2021) Teaser Trailer Feat. Jensen Ackles's Soldier Boy 2 | Amazon Prime Video

Get ready, bitches!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 1, 2020 11:21 PM

Can't wait for 'Soldier Boy Jensen Ackles part 45 'on Datalounge in the near future.

The haters are gonna be busy posting and closing down threads!

by Anonymousreply 294December 1, 2020 11:29 PM

More Soldier Boy Jensen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 1, 2020 11:32 PM

Terrible actor :/

by Anonymousreply 296December 1, 2020 11:37 PM

Destiel makes no sense when Dean is (canonically) blinded to everyone but Sam. He grieved for 2 seconds when Cas died and when he saw Cas again (after believing him to be dead), he only cared about quickly getting him to the asylum to save SAM. It's Sam this Sam that with Dean.

As disturbing as it sounds, this strange relationship between the brothers is very much the core of the show. Fans who aren't on tumblr or AO3 absolutely understand why Dean's heaven was Sam.

Destiel shippers have read so much fanfiction that their perception of what's fanon and canon on the show is distorted. No wonder they were so thrown off by the ending.

by Anonymousreply 297December 2, 2020 12:21 AM

[Quote] These two actors have been working together for over 15 years. It’s going to take time for them to feel comfortable working with others and not have each other to turn and make comments and just talk to each other.

They got way too comfortable calling the shots on SPN. Be interesting if Jared gets called out on his bullshit during Walker.

[Quote] Has Mischa lined up any work yet?

I'm sure Misha wouldn't have any trouble finding work on another CW or CBS show. Hr was fine on Ringer.

by Anonymousreply 298December 2, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote] As disturbing as it sounds, this strange relationship between the brothers is very much the core of the show. Fans who aren't on tumblr or AO3 absolutely understand why Dean's heaven was Sam.

It's because of this, R297.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Those are NOT real trailers. They aren't official, they aren't even Soldier Boy. They are awkwardly editing things together from Supernatural. It's some sort of clickbaity youtube channel that does all sorts of these things.

by Anonymousreply 300December 2, 2020 1:31 AM

I disagree I think Jensen is taking the bigger risk. Walker first off does have an ensemble cast, which is probably why it's called "Walker" and not "Walker, Texas Ranger" - there is going to be a focus on the rest of the Walker family too. Jared is basically Sam Winchester, Texas Ranger in this. The show it set up to make HIM look good(he has a gay brother, but the gay brother is conservative, so Walker gets to be the progressive one). It's on a network where getting 1.5 million viewers will make you a hit and keep you on the air for years, it's almost guaranteed employment.

Jensen is taking a riskier role, it's more different from what people are used to seeing him as, it's on a show Amazon is considering their flagship show and it IS already well regarded, which means he has to live UP to that standard more than a CW show where basically if are able to put a couple sentences together in a coherent way, you'll do OK. I'd say Jared is playing it pretty safe, he's not stretching very far and he's remaining on a network that really expects the bare minimum. He even gets to stay in the town he lives in to film most of it. Jensen will be filming in an entirely new city. Jared chose something that if he did somehow manage to fail, it wouldn't be very visible, and would probably just fade out with a whimper, Jensen chose something that could be risky if that was to happen.

by Anonymousreply 301December 2, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote] Jensen is taking a riskier role, it's more different from what people are used to seeing him as, it's on a show Amazon is considering their flagship show and it IS already well regarded, which means he has to live UP to that standard more than a CW show where basically if are able to put a couple sentences together in a coherent way, you'll do OK.

I think that's why Kripke chose Jensen for "The Boys."

Jensen has more acting range, and he's actually a better actor in general.

Jared is kind of one-note, and he doesn't really put in much effort into his acting.

That's why I think things fell in place the way it did.

Kripke has more confidence in Jensen, and the CW doesn't care if Jared puts in the effort or not.

So I think they're both exactly where they should be.

by Anonymousreply 302December 2, 2020 1:47 AM

voted once again worst tv show of the decade....

by Anonymousreply 303December 2, 2020 2:01 AM

Walker seems like a CBS show it will never last in another network.

by Anonymousreply 304December 2, 2020 2:18 AM

R299 Dean's "It's always been you....[long pause]….and me" in the final episode speaks volumes.

Supernatural is just a gay love story told through "brothers" as it's the only way to make the concept marketable to a mainstream audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 2, 2020 2:20 AM

The Boys aint riskier for Jensen.

It's an ensemble piece and he's just gonna be one of the boys- so to speak.

He isn't carrying that show.

Jarrod is and he has more to lose since he is the singular title.

by Anonymousreply 306December 2, 2020 2:40 AM

R305 this is my favorite Sam and Dean hug ever.

It came at the end of the Mystery Spot episode.

Sam had just witnessed Dean die 100+ times, and then "The Trickster" killed him for good.

Dean was dead for six months, and Sam was distraught.

At the end of the episode, Sam woke up and Dean was alive again.

Sam hugged Dean like never before on any previous episode. Sam gripped him like he would never let go.

The look on Sam's face, and then Dean's after getting hugged was probably the only moment on the show where they could have kissed, and it would have seemed perfectly normal.

It was that intense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 2, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]Jensen has more acting range and he's actually a better actor in general.

Compared to whom, R302? Jared Padalecki and Carrot Top? Every other actor in existence has him beat.

by Anonymousreply 308December 2, 2020 3:03 AM

[quote]The look on Sam's face, and then Dean's after getting hugged was probably the only moment on the show where they could have kissed, and it would have seemed perfectly normal.

This is why they hate us, R307. People like you and the Castiel/Deal freaks have given the fandom such a stigma.

Please go the fuck away. Go post on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 309December 2, 2020 3:08 AM

Sam & Dean hugs are the best!

by Anonymousreply 310December 2, 2020 4:51 AM

R309 hear hear 👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 311December 2, 2020 7:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 2, 2020 10:52 AM

Damn, Jensen is gonna flop miserably. I loved Supernatural but he just doesn't seem to be able to find his footing outside of it. (And even on spn that footing was always precarious at best.) I'm sorry but that Amazon trailer is painful to watch. It harkens back to the period when Jensen was trying to play Michael. I honestly couldn't watch those episodes; it was just too cringey.

This is going to sound, well . . . [italic]mean[/italic], but I think a lot of Jensen's choices as an actor fall flat because he's just not that bright. In that clip he's made the choice to imitate a politician and it just doesn't work. Jensen's not a professionally trained actor in the sense that Streep is, and he lacks the "street sense" that Gary Oldman has. (Oldman was famously denied a place at teh Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and told to "find something else to do in life.")

To me, Jensen just comes off as stilted and "bad"; however, maybe those who don't know him as Dean will see something else.

by Anonymousreply 313December 2, 2020 4:17 PM

Didn’t they say that trailer was fan made?

It’s not an official trailer, for Pete’s sake . 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 314December 2, 2020 4:39 PM

Jensen is going to win an Emmy you goddamned R313!!!

[quote] I loved Supernatural

Sure, Jan.

If you loved Supernatural then you wouldn't say shit about Jensen. You would keep your filthy trap SHUT!!!

Why can't you just wish these guys the best, and leave it at that? Why do you always have to spew sewage from your stinking pie holes?

Someone needs to put you in a devil's trap and torture you!!!! Evil BEAST!

Dean needs to chase you down with a HAMMER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 2, 2020 5:46 PM

I think Jared asked Jensen why he was chasing after Sam with a hammer.

He then said “because I wanted to nail you”

😳😳😬

by Anonymousreply 316December 2, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote] I think Jared asked Jensen why he was chasing after Sam with a hammer.

[quote] He then said “because I wanted to nail you”

Lol, another hilarious episode.

I was giggling, watching Dean chase Sammy all over the bunker trying to kill him. "C'mon, Sammy. Come out to play!"

It was both kind of psycho and funny at the same time.

My favorite was when Dean went through the drawer in the kitchen, trying to decide what weapon to use on Sammy. He pulled out the cleaver first, then put it back and chose the hammer!

I guess he felt that smashing Sam's head in with a hammer, was preferable to hacking him up with a cleaver. Rofl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317December 2, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote]Sure, Jan. If you loved Supernatural then you wouldn't say shit about Jensen. You would keep your filthy trap SHUT!!! Why can't you just wish these guys the best, and leave it at that? Why do you always have to spew sewage from your stinking pie holes? Someone needs to put you in a devil's trap and torture you!!!! Evil BEAST! Dean needs to chase you down with a HAMMER!

What a moronic, piece of shit, caftan-wearing FAGGOT you are, R315. All you have to do is check my posting history to see that I've watched Supernatural from its premiere. Get it through your head: Jensen isn't going to win an Emmy. You're even dumber and creepier than I already think you are if you really believe that. AND STOP SAYING "HATEFUL BEAST." You sound like an imbecile.

Just because someone doesn't think that Supernatural and its actors are the best thing on the planet doesn't mean that they can't enjoy the show. You and your ilk represent the WORST of fandom.

by Anonymousreply 318December 2, 2020 6:40 PM

I'm so glad you finally said it, r313. Jensen is not a smart man. People have said at conventions in the early days, he would try to downplay the "Wincest" with these long, painfully cringey explanations that were heavy on religion, light on intellect. I watched his appearance on one of the late night shows, and it was almost scary how stupid he sounds. Everyone trashed me for saying it, explaining that Jensen "gets nervous" and doesn't like to do interviews on his own. No shit he's nervous. He knows he's as dumb as a box of rocks, and that does not a good interview make.

by Anonymousreply 319December 2, 2020 11:59 PM

Jensen only finished high school and wasn't a great student even then by his own account. In listening to him talk about himself, it's very obvious that he knows he's not an educated man and is somewhat self conscious about it, but at least he's self aware about it unlike people like Ian Somerhalder who has the same kind of background and education level but clearly thinks he's one of the 21st century's great thinkers.

by Anonymousreply 320December 3, 2020 12:38 AM

Thanks for sharing that, R320.

Jensen seems smart to me, but I'm glad that he's humble about it background. That's why I like him.

On a side note, I found this on youtube. Some "Easter Eggs" from the final episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 3, 2020 1:30 AM

For those saying Jensen is dumb.

Well he's so dumb, he went from nothing to being a millionaire, brewery owner, lead in the longest running primetime SciFi/supernatural genre show in U.S. TV history and never needs to work another day in his life if he so desired.

Yeah, really dumb .

Meanwhile the accusers.......post on an internet forum.

by Anonymousreply 322December 3, 2020 6:14 AM

Jensen may not be book smart, but he figured out how to use his gifts to make a good living for himself and his family.

by Anonymousreply 323December 3, 2020 8:08 AM

[Quote] but at least he's self aware about it unlike people like Ian Somerhalder who has the same kind of background and education level but clearly thinks he's one of the 21st century's great thinkers.

Ian and Nikki are insufferable. And she ruined Sleepy Hollow.

by Anonymousreply 324December 3, 2020 8:53 AM

R287, I am only one of the people you mention.

And this is not a Jared and Jensen fansite: it is the Datalounge, where we all think you are deluded fraus and wish fervently you would use that door yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 325December 3, 2020 11:45 AM

Misha will pursue politics?

Is he looking to run for the Senate or perhaps VP?

by Anonymousreply 326December 3, 2020 2:41 PM

don't understand how you guys can use stan Twitter, everytime I try to use just Twitter in general the absolute stupidity of most of what I see makes me want to gouge my eyes out lmao

by Anonymousreply 327December 4, 2020 12:11 AM

Wow, R318 sounds completely unhinged.

Not to mention using the F-word.

Someone douse him in holy oil, and set him on fire!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 4, 2020 12:16 AM

R321 There's a reason he is the one people would look too if there was a problem, even at the conventions you could see it he was considered a leader. He's smart but he also has a lot of emotional intelligence. You can be the most book smart person around but if you are an impulsive asshole it's not really going to do you much good. Besides it's not like he was flunking out of school, he just wasn't a straight A student.

R304 Do people not realize the C in the CW is for CBS? CBS had their chance and they sent it to the CW. It's like with Supergirl, that started on CBS and then they sent it to the CW, except in this case the show never aired on CBS. That said it'll probably last longer on the CW it only needs to get 1.5-2 million viewers and it would be considered a hit on the CW.

R306 I don't think so. Jared is the lead on a show on a tiny network most people don't pay attention to. If it fails, no one is really going to remember it failing, He also isn't really trying anything new, the character is much like Sam just not in a supernatural setting. Jensen is taking on a showier role on a show that gets a lot of attention, it may be an ensemble but if he fails, it's going to be a lot more noticeable. Even on a personal level, aside from Kripke and the occasional director, he's going into a completely new sandbox over which he has little control. Jared and his manager developed the show for himself. Jensen is going to a new town, Jared is staying home, and'll roll out of bed last minute to head to the set. Jared's working with new people on set too(except for Mitch Pillegi who will be his Dad and was his grandfather on SPN and his wife, who will be his dead wife in flashbacks I guess, and he still has the same "driver" Cliff which cracks me up) but everything else around him is familiar. I think Jensen wanted to take a risk, get out of his comfort zone and it wouldn't be a risk, if it wasn't....risky. :)

R313 That's not a real trailer, they are badly edited trailers by a youtube channel that tries to trick gullible, naive people into thinking their crap is official. I think Jensen did a great Michael, he was alien, as an archangel should be, but he wasn't hammy about it, he even worked with the stunt coordinator give Michael a distinct fight style from Dean.

by Anonymousreply 329December 4, 2020 3:05 AM

I can't believe anybody actually watches this shit! It's the worst show out there! I mean, seriously it really is the worst show. And the way you people go on and on in your posts about stupid shit.

This has got to be an elder ELDER gay thread like the Golden Girls. Nobody under 40 has time to write all that shit

And you people talking about how smart one of the actors is? You're kidding right? He has the intelligence of a lottery winner because THAT'S. WHAT. HE. IS. He won the genetic lottery and got decent looks, then got even more lucky and got good chemistry with the tall dude, and then even more lucky when the show was on that shitty small network the CW. Any of the major networks woulda cancelled this shit after the third episode.

Fuck you guys are just sad.

by Anonymousreply 330December 4, 2020 8:40 AM

R330 The unhinged have been let out for recreation.

by Anonymousreply 331December 4, 2020 9:04 AM

Anyone watching this drivel would have to be unhinged.

And have awful taste to boot.

by Anonymousreply 332December 4, 2020 9:24 AM

[quote]He has the intelligence of a lottery winner because THAT'S. WHAT. HE. IS. He won the genetic lottery and got decent looks, then got even more lucky and got good chemistry with the tall dude, and then even more lucky when the show was on that shitty small network the CW.

This is actually true in a sense and very insightful

by Anonymousreply 333December 4, 2020 10:01 AM

R327 how do you feel about tumblr?

R328 yes, I know the connection between CBS and CW. But Walker would be more suitable for an older audience rather than teens/young adults.

by Anonymousreply 334December 4, 2020 10:10 AM

[quote]I think Jensen did a great Michael, he was alien, as an archangel should be, but he wasn't hammy about it

I'm a fan of the show but even i will admit that Jensen was awful playing Michael! He sounded like he was impersonating Captain Kirk. It was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 335December 4, 2020 10:48 AM

the 2 stars spent down time in a trailer fucking the shit outta each other???

their faces were covered in cumwads when they returned to the set??

vaseline was stained on the butt side of their pants??

by Anonymousreply 336December 4, 2020 1:40 PM

Link please, R336!

R332 is a nasty piece of work.

BEAST!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 4, 2020 5:19 PM

Here's the S15 gag reel - haven't watched it yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 4, 2020 6:35 PM

Aaaand again, not an official video of bloopers.

Those have been seen before.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 339December 5, 2020 12:56 AM

Horrible show, horrible actors

Nobody but losers with no friends watch this shit.

by Anonymousreply 340December 6, 2020 8:15 AM

Even bigger losers are those who supposedly hate a show but slavishly follow it and their fans regardless.

What moron does that? Oh year, the poster above.

by Anonymousreply 341December 6, 2020 8:52 AM

Supernatural cast reacts to the series finale.

The tears! The tears!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 9, 2020 1:23 AM

They did a live stream today with the cast and various supports and had as special guest Stacey Adams!

Haters will be horrified that Jensen didn't walk off and seemed quite enamoured of Stacey and the Democrat candidates in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 343December 9, 2020 2:26 AM

[quote] They did a live stream today with the cast and various supports and had as special guest Stacey Adams!

It's Stacey ABRAMS, R343.

Just fyi.

by Anonymousreply 344December 9, 2020 3:33 AM

Actor Marcus Rosner (cute guy Dash from the "Ask Jeeves" episode) posted something really nice about Jared, Jensen, and Supernatural.

Proof that these guys are total CLASS ACTS. So you haters can go to hell, because every actor that has been on that show, has had nothing but good things to say about Jared and Jensen.

[quote] @marcus_rosner

"Apparently @cw_supernatural wrapped on their final episode last week in Vancouver. I saw @alisonwandzura do this and thought it was a good idea...

In 2014, a couple years into trying to make a career out of this acting thing, my first Guest Star role came when I was on Season 10, Episode 6 of this show (titled "Ask Jeeves"). Because of the ensemble nature of the episode I was there for almost every shoot day of the ep (about two weeks) and got to see how it ran day-to-day.

One thing I've learned from my time in this business is: shitty behaviour rarely has repercussions and good behaviour often goes unmentioned. On this job you have positive working experiences and negative working experiences. Good sets and bad sets. Of the many, many sets I've been on now, this was the BEST ONE. And, like many things, it starts at the top.

I could hardly act my way out of a paper bag yet but I learned so much about how to be a leader on a film set just watching those guys. @jaredpadalecki and @jensenackles cultivated such a welcoming, relaxed, and encouraging environment to walk into for COUNTLESS actors over their run of 15 YEARS. No matter who you talk to about their time on the show they all say the same thing. That, to me, seems like something worth taking pride in just as much as the length of their run and no doubt those two things AREN'T mutually exclusive."

I don't think I've ever heard/read such positive things about any actor, much less both of them.

Kudos to these two guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 9, 2020 5:16 AM

How did the broadcast go?

I heard that Collins said stupid things, once again.

by Anonymousreply 346December 9, 2020 5:08 PM

Sorta related to SPN: A remake of "Blonde" is being made currently - this is the 2001 TV movie about Marilyn Monroe where Jensen played a character named Eddy, opposite Patrick Dempsey as his BF. The new edition stars Ana de Armas as MM, and Evan Williams will play Eddy. I know Evan from the show "Versailles", where he played the lover of Phillipe, brother of King Louis XIV.

by Anonymousreply 347December 11, 2020 8:22 PM

Jared is featured in the Jan 2021 issue of Men's Health. He showed off a very muscular torso in the finale, but it looks like he is continuing the fitness regimen for the Walker, Texas Ranger episodes. There were four pics I saw and I picked out this one to show how fit he is. Hubba!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348January 4, 2021 1:34 AM

He got pretty porked out at one point, R348. And to only be 38 he looks rough in those photos. I have a subscription to Men's Health and have seen them all. Even so I wish him success with the Walker reboot. I feel as though he's definitely going to need it.

by Anonymousreply 349January 4, 2021 4:57 PM

It’s the scruff.

I hate the scruff, it definitely ages him a lot.

Plus he got another tattoo. To bad. 😫

by Anonymousreply 350January 4, 2021 8:23 PM

Far away, hat on, no shirt, and no talking is the only way I think Jared is attractive.

Jensen, on the other hand, I've never found attractive. He just has that look of someone who doesn't have a lot going on upstairs. And that's before he opens his mouth and tries to act.

by Anonymousreply 351January 4, 2021 10:01 PM

Jensen won Best Actor on something called "The Critic's Choice Super Awards" today. I never heard of this organization but it's recognition.

by Anonymousreply 352January 11, 2021 4:17 AM

the stars are really trumpers????

by Anonymousreply 353January 11, 2021 5:16 AM

LOL, that's because it's in its "inaugural" year R352. It's even more D List than a Saturn Award, if that's possible. It's nothing but a bunch of unknown, independent online "critics" (folks in their mom's basements) obsessed with sci fi and superhero shows. Even sadder, I'm sure his publicist had to pay something for the "honor." 😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 354January 11, 2021 2:11 PM

No, R353. They both actively campaigned for MJ Hagar. Check their Instagrams if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 355January 12, 2021 2:59 AM

Jensen's political volte-face is recent and highly suspicious R355. Many fans, me included, see it as an attempt to appear more marketable to producers and directors now that Supernatural is over.

One of the most believable bits of "scoop" I’ve ever read on DL was about 3-4 yrs ago from someone who claimed to work for Jensen's management company. He/she didn’t say they worked directly with Jensen, only for the same talent company. That person said Jensen had been counseled by the agency to soften his image on LGBT matters if he wanted to continue working after Supernatural. Several years before that, when Jensen sold his LA house, the house had appeared on Zillow. Fans used Jensen's date of birth and street address to access Jensen’s registration information on the Los Angeles County Voter Registration site. It’s public information so all you had to do was plug in the numbers. I saw it with my own eyes—Jensen was registered as a Republican. That, coupled with the fact that Jensen made some really offensive and dumb comments about gays at conventions didn’t paint him in a positive light. This particular poster said that Jensen had been told that if he expected to keep working he had to soften his image on LGBT matters and politics, and to utilize his wife in doing so. In retrospect that's what made it so believable to me because that's exactly what Jensen has done over the years. His wife really took the lead. In a lot of the photos taken with MJ Hegar Jensen looks positively pained.

Others may believe his change of heart, and who knows? Perhaps it’s genuine. I just never saw it as believable.

by Anonymousreply 356January 12, 2021 6:00 PM

He's a piece of shit Republican. He may not support Trump but I still think he's a Rethug.

by Anonymousreply 357January 12, 2021 11:50 PM

Did I ever tell you all how fuckable Jensen's ass is, in the "Mint Condition" episode?

Every time I watch the opening scene of Dean ASS UP on his bed, eating pizza.... I get so HARD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 15, 2021 10:47 PM

As beautiful as Jensen's perky ass looks here, it looks even better during the episode.

I just want to jump on his ass and start licking that hole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359January 15, 2021 10:48 PM

And let me tell you about that fine little TWINK, Cory Gruter-Andrew.

I think his character is supposed to be a little gayling, because he was totally hitting on Jack in the "Don't Go in the Woods" episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 15, 2021 10:53 PM

You're disgusting R358-360. You're also responsible for at least half of the posts on these dumb supernatural threads. In other words, nobody likes your shitty, dumb show.

by Anonymousreply 361January 16, 2021 12:06 AM

R361 = Danneel.

Rofl!

by Anonymousreply 362January 16, 2021 12:07 AM

TNT is currently airing season 15, and I'm shocked at how old Misha looks.

He still has all his hair, and his body is still in pretty good shape, but his face looks a lot older.

Same for Jared.

Jensen is the only one who still looks young.

by Anonymousreply 363January 16, 2021 12:16 AM

I have my own theory about Jensen:

You know how "simple people" seem to look younger because they don't know what they don't know and can't get bogged down by it?

That's Jensen.

You know how "simple people" are the ones who have no trouble believing a "sky daddy"?

That's Jensen.

He just seems really, really dumb.

by Anonymousreply 364January 16, 2021 12:27 AM

Without all the fancy lighting and camera angles Jensen looks rough. People have posted some candid, non-professional photos of him that make him look late 40s easy. He's still a good looking man but I've never gotten the "Jensen looks so young" thing. He looks older than his age to me, and don't even get me started on Padalecki. Padalecki looks like he would scare children. Mischa still looks good to me. I'd bend him over in a heartbeat. The show is terrible and embarrassing to watch but it's a harmless way to kill an hour.

by Anonymousreply 365January 16, 2021 12:47 AM

One of the first Walker reviews to come out calls Jared's new show musty." I have to admit, whenever I see photos of Padalecki, that's one of the first words that spring to mind. He looks like he'd stink. The review also calls the show "cheesy and stilted."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366January 19, 2021 3:11 AM

Thanks for the update, R366!

Here's a link to the Walker thread.

So excited about Thursday's premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367January 19, 2021 3:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!