Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kylie Minogue STILL Gives the Gays What They Want

Our first thread dedicated to the DISCO era of Kylie Minogue has already filled up. Let's celebrate Kylie's 15th studio album. DISCO = gay rights!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 11, 2022 2:41 AM

Fist thread here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2020 5:55 AM

I really hope she nabs the #1 spot on the charts and beats Little Mix who seem like yet another Pussycat Dolls or Fifth Harmony.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2020 5:58 AM

Me too, R2, but if she doesn't, she still has 9 more years to achieve that record.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2020 5:59 AM

Little Mix are talented, but I think Disco is a better album.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2020 6:00 AM

This was one of the highlights from Infinite Disco. Thrilling. Light Years-into-Supernova

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2020 6:01 AM

beeb brekkie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2020 6:27 AM

Apparently, Kylie has pulled further ahead of Little Mix in the UK mid-weeks. Today is the last day of sales/streams that will count toward that potential historic #1 in the UK. Hits Daily Double's building album chart (for the US) currently as her at #23. Will be interesting if she does end up landing close to that on the official Billboard 200.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2020 3:42 PM

And how sweet is this? Gloria Gaynor showing Kylie some disco love on Twitter today...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2020 3:46 PM

Kylie on last night's Colbert...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2020 3:50 PM

She's done well with US promo this era. I think the lock downs and restrictions have actually helped her in a promotional sense.

She's still plugging Magic. I wonder if the general public like it.

There are so many fantastic options for the next single! I can't decide which is the best choice?????

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2020 8:41 PM

She seems to be plugging both Say Something and Magic, depending upon the booking. She performed Say Something on Good Morning America and an Aussie show, Magic on Graham Norton and Colbert. Probably smart. She's not going to bother the top of the singles charts again, but obviously she's still a big album seller.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2020 8:44 PM

That's a strange moment in the Colbert clip where, after she goes upstage and is thrown into silhouette, she returns downstage with the mic pointed heavenwards while her lead vocal plays on without her...

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2020 9:28 PM

But does anyone consider "Magic" the highlight of the album?

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2020 9:29 PM

R12 - She's singing live, but she's obviously singing to a backing track. There are no live musicians on that appearance or on Graham Norton. Her recorded track is her "backup singers" for these appearances.

R13 - It seems some people do. I don't get it. It's perfectly... pleasant, serviceable. But the album has so much good stuff, I can move past that one pretty easily.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2020 9:55 PM

Apparently there’s a Basement Jaxx remix of Say Something on the super deluxe version of Disco

I cant find it anywhere but I bet one of you crafty folks has. Any good?

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2020 10:11 PM

[Quote] She's singing live, but she's obviously singing to a backing track. There are no live musicians on that appearance or on Graham Norton. Her recorded track is her "backup singers" for these appearances.

If that's true, we'd hear a fattening of the sound when she returns to sing along with the track but there was none of that.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2020 10:13 PM

The Basement Jaxx is digital only at the moment. I think it can be previewed on iTunes etc. I'm not sure if it will be on the Japan edition CD, which hasn't been released yet.

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2020 10:14 PM

R16 - I don't know what to tell you. Kylie isn't Brittany. I've watched that same clip and can very clearly hear her singing over the backing track. She's been doing this for so long, she's very good at making the "blend". I've seen her in concert a couple of times, once in a very intimate venue for a warm-up thingy and she always sings live and while no vocal powerhouse, she uses her voice adeptly. Because of how produced the sound of pop music is, most of the pop gals sing to backing tracks in concert and on TV performances. Sometimes they overdo that backing track -- Kylie included -- but she is one of the better ones.

R15 - The Jaxx remix is okay. Not their finest work. I'm not sure it was the right song for them to remix, to be frank. The manic nature of Monday Blues or the higher camp of Last Dance or Where Does The DJ Go might have been a better match for them.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2020 11:23 PM

There are several videos on YouTube of Kylie singing live where she manages to hit very high notes to the point of sounding nearly operatic. The end of Your Disco Needs You live from the KylieX2008 tour comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2020 1:59 AM

It's BRITNEY, bitch R18.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2020 2:07 AM

Did she get #1?

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2020 2:14 PM

She sure did!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2020 4:11 PM

Wow. Not only the #1 album, not only the 5-decade record, but also outselling all other #1 albums in the UK this year thus far. Well done, Kylie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2020 5:52 PM

Kylie celebrates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2020 5:53 PM

Gloria Gaynor congratulates her...

[quote] I’m flashing back on this Friday to serving some major disco vibes in this outfit that I wish I still had in my stage wardrobe! ✨🎤💖✨ And in true celebration this weekend of all things disco, I’m sending lots of love & blessings to @kylieminogue for keeping the heart, soul, and positivity of #DISCO music alive, SURVIVING, and thriving with her new album! Congratulations on the new music, Kylie, the songs are beautiful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2020 5:54 PM

I don't think it's official yet, but she's projected in at #23 on Billboard 200 in the US. Projection by Hits Daily Double.

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote]But does anyone consider "Magic" the highlight of the album?

No. In fact, I think it’s one of the more plain songs.

The highlight of the album is “Supernova.” That NEEDS to be a single.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2020 6:00 PM

Madonna must be drunk and beating the twins now.

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2020 6:17 PM

Meanwhile, Kylie Jenner is planning to be recipient of the world's first quadruple ass implant.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2020 2:41 AM

I wish I could rewatch that Infinite Disco mashup of Slow and Love to Love You Baby -- heaven!

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2020 4:14 AM

#1 in Australia as well. Her 7th Australian #1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2020 5:35 AM

Tina Arena seethes!

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2020 5:43 AM

Natalie Imbruglia wishes she was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2020 5:53 AM

Gina G is slashing her wrists!

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2020 5:57 AM

Charity single with Cher, Mel C, Robbie Williams and a million people I don't recognise.

Kylie's all over the place this week. Brilliant marketing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2020 12:47 PM

I'm in the U.S. I've been a big Kylie fan since "Fever." I just ordered the "Disco" CD on Amazon. I've already listened to it though and it doesn't grab me like "Fever", "Light Years" or "Aphrodite." Hopefully it will grow on me. I was so disappointed by "Kiss Me Once" and "Golden" I wanted to support her move back in the right direction.

I will be interested to see how the album charts in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2020 5:02 AM

R36 - if you can find it online, the Infinite Disco performance is such a treat. It helped me appreciate the album more.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2020 5:13 AM

r36 I didn't like the album at first. The songs were indistinguishable to me. Now I can't get enough.

Give it a few spins and I'm sure it will sink in.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2020 5:53 AM

Apparently, DISCO charted at #25 in the US. Her highest chart placement since 2010's Aphrodite and her highest number of albums sold in a single week since 2003's Body Language.

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2020 6:13 PM

The album definitely gets better the more you listen to it.

I was one of those who weren't really into 'Magic' at first. But now I love it and have been singing it for days!

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2020 7:28 PM

The Pitchfork review was brutal. I really enjoy the album.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2020 7:29 PM

"Your Disco Needs You" is not an excellent track. Pitchfork is already straining credibility with that one.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2020 7:32 PM

For crissakes the uber-gay shop-worn stanning hyperbole in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2020 7:45 PM

I love it.

Poor Madonna, cowering in a bathtub with pink hair, an asian lady freak face, and an ugly black boyfriend who is young enough to be her grandson.

Kylie — you are aging perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2020 8:18 PM

R41 - it's weird. I don't necessarily think that Pitchfork review was, technically, inaccurate or unfair. But, I think the writer failed to understand the spirit of what "Kylie" means to her core audience. Yes, she flirts with the experimental and the highly sophisticated (more in concert, than on record,) but either way, that's never been at the heart of who she is. You're not going to get a Roisin Murphy or Goldfrapp or Jesse Ware album from Kylie. She's going to camp it up and get rather 'obvious' in the lyrics, but she's so damn charming it works. It probably wouldn't work with another singer the way it does with her. It's also probably true that Brits and Europeans have a higher... threshold for camp than Americans.

(Also, sidebar, I'm not sure if this will get me thrown in Datalounge jail, but, I like both Kylie and Madonna and they serve such different needs, I don't feel much need to compare them.)

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2020 8:21 PM

I think it's reductive to say something like "Kylie is camp! This is camp! This is fun! Why aren't you having fun!?" The vast majority of the new songs are uninspired. Kylie's best tracks had their finger on the pulse AND have aged well ("Better the Devil You Know," "Confide In Me," "Can't Get Your Out of My Head" to name three).

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2020 8:26 PM

[Quote] I like both Kylie and Madonna and they serve such different needs, I don't feel much need to compare them.

I don't think one should engage with the poster(s) bringing up Madonna. It's clear they only want to trash her looks, lifestyle etc., which has nothing to do with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2020 8:28 PM

It's weak sauce, this album.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2020 8:43 PM

I finally figured out which song "Say Something" reminds me of: Alanis Morissette's "Crazy". The verses of SS sound a lot like the chorus in Crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2020 8:53 PM

I think it's more than fair to bring up Madonna.

Kylie is showing her up in every way. And I say this as a lifelong Madonna fan.

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2020 8:55 PM

She's not, though. Madonna jumped on trends and pushed them to their commercial heights. Kylie isn't doing that. Kylie's singing voice sounds better than Madonna's, that's all. I guess we'll see how Kylie sounds at 60...

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2020 8:56 PM

Madame X was a pretty weird album. There is nothing weird about Kylie here, and it's not good lite disco fluff either.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2020 9:00 PM

Kylie got to number one through sheer force of goodwill from the public, people LIKE her and her music and, unlike Leatherface, Kylie didn't have to resort to including Disco as part of a concert package to up her numbers.

Madame X needed those Madame X Tour packages to sell anything because nobody gives a shit about Madonna's music anymore.

Even including Maluma on Medellin did nothing.

The only thing we'll see for Madonna's music future is her executive producer credit for her boyfriend's flop album which will end up in bargain bins.

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2020 9:01 PM

[Quote] Kylie got to number one through sheer force of goodwill from the public, people LIKE her and her music and, unlike Leatherface, Kylie didn't have to resort to including Disco as part of a concert package to up her numbers.

Kylie used multiple formats to get where she's charted.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2020 9:06 PM

And? People are still buying the album, for the music.

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2020 9:10 PM

You don't buy mutliple copies of an album at the same time for the music. You buy it to get your fave into the charts.

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2020 9:15 PM

Where can "we" find Infinate Disco? I NEED to watch it!

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2020 9:26 PM

Didn't someone post it upthread?

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2020 9:33 PM

I forgot: We're on the second thread. Check the original for the link.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2020 9:33 PM

She’s breaking records with this album. I think Infinite Disco is on YouTube. Wonderful show!

I’ll still never forget how graceful she was when she had breast cancer and was going through chemo. She’s a gem.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2020 9:40 PM

Yes, I hate when cancer patients aren't graceful.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2020 9:48 PM

It's a masterpiece! We gay 💕 it! We want to marry Kylie and DISCO. LURV! 💕💕💕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2020 9:55 PM

This thread got weird. Anyway, I really like the song Kylie wrote about Mary Berry.

by Anonymousreply 63November 17, 2020 2:44 AM

Kylie gets emotional at the end discussing her comeback after cancer. She seems to be a real sweetheart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 18, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]Madame X was a pretty weird album.

It was a just flat-out shitty album.

by Anonymousreply 65November 18, 2020 12:19 AM

If Madonna retired after Ray of Light, Music or Confessions On a Dance Floor then she would be unmatchable in pop discography. But nope had to keep releasing flop after flop. Sure Kylie's discography never reached the level of quality of Madonna's when Madge was at her peak but Kylie consistently released fun and excellent pop albums and never lost sight of what her fans love about her. While Madge seems hellbent on being relevant with the kids today

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2020 12:31 AM

With the exception of that awful country album Golden and that mess Kiss Me Once, Kylie has more or less had enough sense to stick with what she knows people want from her: pop/dance music.

Madonna on the other hand can’t accept that and insists are trying to prove to everyone she is an “art-tiste” and keeps doing all this weird shit that is just garbage. Kylie is smart for just embracing the pop/dance label and having fun with it.

by Anonymousreply 67November 18, 2020 2:08 AM

Kylie is the Queen of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 68November 18, 2020 2:14 AM

r64 - That was very sweet. What's everyone jamming to in week 2? I have to say, after a few spins the last two (standard) tracks, Unstoppable and Celebrate You are really clicking for me. Unstoppable is so effortlessly funky -- like early Michael Jackson or later Diana Ross. And Celebrate You is so lovely. It's undeniably syrupy, but the emotion feels true and earned.

by Anonymousreply 69November 18, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote]What's everyone jamming to in week 2?

Dance Floor Darling and Hey Lonely.

by Anonymousreply 70November 18, 2020 2:59 AM

I like those, too, r69. Celebrate You definitely conjures up Stuido 54 and riding a white horse through the disco.

by Anonymousreply 71November 18, 2020 3:13 AM

[quote] Yes, I hate when cancer patients aren't graceful.

Honey, she actually went out and helped people and used her status to bring awareness. She never let it stop her living even when she thought she could die. She was an inspiration to millions. Not everyone could do that. She did it with class and grace and didn’t exploit the situation like Hagdonna would have done.

by Anonymousreply 72November 18, 2020 4:33 AM

Miss a Thing and Supernova are excellent.

by Anonymousreply 73November 18, 2020 4:33 AM

[quote] With the exception of that awful country album Golden and that mess Kiss Me Once

Kiss Me Once was a mess (thanks Jay Z) but Golden needed to be done and was a smashing success for her. Had she simply pumped out another dance album after Kiss Me Once she wouldn’t be having the success she’s having again now. She needed a break and needed to shake things up. It was getting stale. I actually went back to Body Language recently and forgot what an incredible album that was.

BMG really seems to work well for her. They’ve made two albums now hits and really promote her. The mess of Kiss Me Once had her cleaning house. She dropped her label and management. She was shocked how behind the times they were when it came to social media and streaming. Now she’s basically an indie artist but with a publishing company that also acts like a label.

by Anonymousreply 74November 18, 2020 4:38 AM

R74 Sorry, I still think Golden sucked. I much prefer this album.

by Anonymousreply 75November 18, 2020 4:44 AM

Not that Kylie needs to ape what the kiddos are doing, but I do think Dua Lipa's Club Future Nostalgia could be a great model for Kylie in 2021. Release an updated version of Disco with remixes, new high profile collaborators in 2021 and prepare to announce a new stadium tour for 2022 by which time, hopefully, we can get back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 76November 18, 2020 6:37 AM

[quote]and prepare to announce a new stadium tour for 2022

You can wake up out of dreamland now. Kylie can’t fill stadiums, just arenas. Hence why she’s never done a stadium tour.

by Anonymousreply 77November 18, 2020 6:43 AM

Dua Lipa's Club Future Nostalgia is amazing and though it features seasoned artists I think only a young star could create such a thing. The energy comes from the youth, like magic.

by Anonymousreply 78November 18, 2020 7:02 AM

Dua Lipa's Club Future Nostalgia is amazing and though it features seasoned artists I think only a young star could create such a thing. The energy comes from the youth, like magic.

by Anonymousreply 79November 18, 2020 7:02 AM

Yeah, maybe, R79, I meant more about that strategy of extending the DISCO campaign into next year by re-releasing a special edition of DISCO (just like Dua did with Future Nostalgia) so that she tees up a 2022 tour nicely. At the end of the day, tours are where Kylie shines (and, I imagine, makes the most $$$)

by Anonymousreply 80November 18, 2020 4:22 PM

I know what you said. But DISCO is not magic, will not attract youth, and Kylie can not put a remix album that has any of the fabulous mix and references through dance music that Dua Lipa seemed to toss out effortlessly. Its the effortless feeling to it. That comes from youth an its magic in pop music.

by Anonymousreply 81November 18, 2020 4:25 PM

Oh, no, to be clear, I did not think she should do this to attract younger audiences. That's not going to happen -- certainly not beyond the gays. But only as a way to extend the "DISCO era" as I have to imagine that when she's ready to tour the themes and feel of this album will ensure a very successful return to the concert stage. It would be a way to do this without waiting for the next 'proper' studio album era.

by Anonymousreply 82November 18, 2020 4:29 PM

OK, stan. Wish for that.

by Anonymousreply 83November 18, 2020 4:32 PM

I love disco. Those who don’t can, simply put, eat a dick.

by Anonymousreply 84November 18, 2020 4:46 PM

[quote]OK, stan. Wish for that.

Yeah the Kylie stan on here is getting delusional.

by Anonymousreply 85November 18, 2020 5:38 PM

For those who want to watch Infinite Disco, here's the full concert! It is start to finish the best thing I've seen in this horrific year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 18, 2020 6:22 PM

some clever stan loaded that concert to a porn hosting site.

by Anonymousreply 87November 18, 2020 6:27 PM

R86 link says “video not available”

by Anonymousreply 88November 18, 2020 6:35 PM

Try copy pasting the link into your browser: noodlemagazine.com/watch/76168081_456239019

by Anonymousreply 89November 18, 2020 6:36 PM

sorry, after /watch/ , input " 76168081_456239019 "

by Anonymousreply 90November 18, 2020 6:37 PM

R87 Which porn hosting site?

by Anonymousreply 91November 18, 2020 6:38 PM

If Kylie had skipped "Kiss Me Once", "Golden" and that orchestral album, she'd have a pretty flawless catalog too. If "Disco" had followed "Aphrodite" Madonna would have had to have been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric care facility.

by Anonymousreply 92November 18, 2020 6:39 PM

you just go to noodlemagazine.com and use their internal search mechanism. It only has 173 views and is surely there to stay hidden from copywrite defenders.

by Anonymousreply 93November 18, 2020 6:41 PM

R89 Thanks! The link works. I purchased my ticket, but scheduling didn’t allow me to watch the show. Lifelong Kylie super fan here, so was pretty bummed out. Thanks again!

by Anonymousreply 94November 18, 2020 6:43 PM

R89 This is really good so far!

by Anonymousreply 95November 18, 2020 7:00 PM

R81 you don't think Kylie or her collaborators could put out an album with samples and references similar to Dua's? The most recent sample on Dua's was 2006, so there wasn't any "youth" movement going on per se. Also, it was remixed by a DJ, not Dua herself, so how much input did she have with the samples and references? Madonna, Missy and Gwen Stefani are not cutting edge features either.

Kyle could ring up Giorgio Moroder and whip up something that would rival or surpass what the Blessed Madonna put out. Her Disco album is begging for a Moroder makeover. Dua's album sounded good on paper, but the execution was a bit of a snooze imho.

by Anonymousreply 96November 18, 2020 9:17 PM

No, no, and no. What no one seems to be pointing out is what makes Disco stand out is that she didn't go the easy route: she didn't throw two or three disco covers on there, she didn't use samples from Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor or KC and the Sunshine Band, and she didn't bring in Giorgio Moroder or Nile Rogers--both of whom she's worked with in the past. She created something new without leaning on recycling the old. No samples, no Moroder, no anything Dua Lipa or whoever else may be doing. Let Kylie be Kylie. That chasing other artist's sounds is why US labels always fuck her up.

by Anonymousreply 97November 18, 2020 9:45 PM

R96 my interpretation of the magic of Dua's remix album is all the dinosaurs are somehow reanimated through the alchemy of a young person at the core. I have said this several times. When old stars try to get that dance energy on their own, they cannot, ever. Pet Shop Boys can make a great disco album in their 50s but not a transcendent one. Roisins new album is much better than Kylies. Clever, chic and inventive. But older will always pale next to youth's energy in such productions. The young ones aren't better music but they are fresh.

A good dance album isn't easy. I don't like Lady Gaga but she did a good one this year. Not a great one.

by Anonymousreply 98November 18, 2020 10:50 PM

Kylie's working left and right while Madonna is dyeing her hair pink and posting videos of herself performing witchcraft on social media.

R96 Kylie already did two songs with Moroder: Your Body and Right Here, Right Now. Both were released during the Kiss Me Once era. The problem with X and Kiss Me Once was that a majority of the best tracks from both eras weren't on the album.

by Anonymousreply 99November 19, 2020 2:52 AM

Kylie has become the Queen of Pop while the former Queen of Pop, Madonna, has become the Embarrassment of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 100November 19, 2020 4:26 AM

I unapologetically love “Into the Blue,” both the song and the video.

For that, I’m happy “Kiss Me Once” happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 19, 2020 6:15 AM

Yes, Into the Blue is a strong single. A bit underrated.

by Anonymousreply 102November 19, 2020 7:20 AM

Into the BUUUUUHHHHHLOOOOOOOOOOO. That Frog she had as her BF in the Into the Blue video was hot.

by Anonymousreply 103November 19, 2020 4:25 PM

She's doing the Jonathan Ross show December 5. Wonder if she'll perform the next single, whatever that is.

by Anonymousreply 104November 19, 2020 6:41 PM

I'm surprised she's not doing the ARIA awards next week.

I guess no one watches it anyway?

by Anonymousreply 105November 19, 2020 7:20 PM

Kylie on a Spanish talk show. It looks fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2020 3:06 AM

Kylie is a happy and sunny Australian. Madonna is a gloomy and cranky Detroiter/New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2020 8:57 AM

R107 I like that analogy!

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2020 11:05 AM

For Fucks sake, can we stop talking about Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2020 10:57 PM

No, we can't r109.

Madonna's pussy STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2020 12:36 AM

Apparently there's a performance coming up in the next couple of days....

by Anonymousreply 111November 23, 2020 7:25 PM

R111 - yes, there is. Kylie is going to be Dua Lipa's own Infinit Disco'esque live performance streamy thing, this coming November 27.

[quote]Kylie Minogue will reportedly join Dua Lipa‘s special livestream event, Studio 2054, this Friday (November 27).

[quote]Per The Sun, Kylie will duet with Lipa during the show, broadcast from a warehouse filled with custom-made sets.

[quote]“I am beyond excited to reveal that the legendary Kylie will be performing with me,” Lipa told the newspaper.

[quote]“She is one of my all-time heroes and female artists and the idea of collaborating with her is what pure dreams are made of. I adored her headlining show at Glastonbury and can’t wait for her to join us at Studio 2054.”

[quote]It comes just a day after the Australian pop icon named Lipa as someone she’d like to collaborate with on new music.

[quote]Kylie joins the other previously-announced special guests for Studio 2054, including FKA Twigs, Bad Bunny and J Balvin. As well as performing songs from her latest album ‘Future Nostalgia’, its remix ‘Club Future Nostalgia’ and her self-titled debut, a press release said fans can expect to see Lipa “move through custom-built sets, surreal tv shows, roller discos, ecstatic raves, trashy rocker hangouts, voguing ballrooms and diva style dressing rooms”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2020 11:03 PM

This is cute. Dave Grohl and Kylie mutual admiration society on some Scandinavian talk show this week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 24, 2020 12:30 AM

RE: R112 - Dua made it happen, I guess...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 24, 2020 12:32 AM

Eww! I hate Dua!

by Anonymousreply 115November 24, 2020 12:43 AM

Sweet Kylie. Her face looks over-filled in the promo tour. I mean, a noticeable shift.

by Anonymousreply 116November 24, 2020 4:19 PM

R113 - geez, Kylie is just so lovely and fun to watch. Her beautiful personality just is so apparent.

by Anonymousreply 117November 25, 2020 2:13 PM

Dua has okay songs but she repels me. She's so...chunky.

by Anonymousreply 118November 25, 2020 2:13 PM

I'm gay but I'd pay big money to see Dave Grohl and Kylie fucking. That'd be so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 119November 25, 2020 2:17 PM

Kylie is TINY and probably does not accommodate big rock star cock.

by Anonymousreply 120November 25, 2020 2:23 PM

There was this, not that I have any sizemeat verficatia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 25, 2020 5:28 PM

I would not have pegged our gal Kylie being on the cutting edge of digital marketing, but this sounds pretty interesting.

[quote]Today, Kylie announces a brand new music experience titled ‘Disco Spirit’, a chance to be truly immersed in her music wherever you are via augmented reality for a limited time. Fans can access this via Kylie’s Instagram. ‘Disco Spirit’ will launch tomorrow 26th November at 7pm GMT. Fans will be able to access the experience through Instagram that will see the ‘Disco Spirt’ arrive and perform “Real Groove” as a glittering, ethereal spirit via augmented reality for one hour after which the filter will remain for fans to enjoy wherever they are. Instructions of how to use the filter will be available via Kylie’s Instagram Stories.

[quote]Kylie says: “Come dance with my Disco Spirit! I loved working on this project and having a sparkling avatar embody the spirit of my album, ‘Disco‘, is an absolute thrill; to be the first of its kind on Instagram is very exciting!”.

[quote]Kylie and her team worked together with Facebook’s Creative Shop to craft this unique experience, a global music first on Instagram, using Spark AR and Instagram technology. Drawing on the themes and visuals of the album, the visual style was conceptualised and adapted to 3D space and tailored for Spark AR and the Instagram platform. The avatar was carefully modelled to embody the spirit of disco by Simone (Creative Digital Studio), and then driven using motion captured dance moves. Handing this asset to Creative Shop, Facebook used in-house audio production to remix the track and tailor it to fit a performance narrative, and then assembled the experience inside Spark AR.

Gotta say, again, BMG is killing it with the Kylie promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 25, 2020 5:43 PM

Re: r74's post and Jay-Z/Roc Nation - I love Kylie but it was naive of her to think Jay-Z was going to do anything for her that would threaten his cash-cow Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 123November 25, 2020 6:46 PM

R123 I think everyone except Kylie knew that wasn’t going to end well. It was bizarre from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 124November 25, 2020 7:37 PM

Jay-Z and Kylie never made any sense.

by Anonymousreply 125November 25, 2020 7:41 PM

I wanna see Kylie take Dave Grohl's huge dick! They'd be so hot together in a sex scene!

by Anonymousreply 126November 25, 2020 8:00 PM

R123 - that's a silly take. I adore Kylie, but the idea that Kylie, in the 2010s, let alone at the height of her fame was ever a threat to Beyonce is ridiculous. I also doubt that Jay-Z himself was hands-on with every artist/client signed to Roc Nation. There wasn't some grand conspiracy, it was just very clear that Roc Nation didn't understand Kylie and had no idea how to manage her or her music. Glad that chapter is long behind her.

by Anonymousreply 127November 25, 2020 9:41 PM

cover girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 26, 2020 11:13 PM

R122 I don't understand anything you just posted.

Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2020 6:41 AM

R129 - you didn't miss anything. That turned out to be WAY too much hype for a chintzy looking Instagram filter.

Anyway, I wonder what Kylie is going to be performing on Dua Lipa's streaming concert. I hope she gets to do one of her own songs.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2020 7:00 AM

Studio 2054 was a blast. Unless this gets taken down, you can see Kylie's short appearance here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 28, 2020 3:18 AM

A little freaked out. How are they keeping all those dancers and performers safe in Covid? I don't see any maaks abd they're all dancing against each other. In Kylie’s show, you could catch glimpses that showed the dancers were arranged to be six feet apart or more but filmed to look closer but this Dua Lipa show looks to be way too close.

by Anonymousreply 132November 28, 2020 3:45 AM

One assumes they were all tested. And football carries on as well.

They didn't harmonize well, sorry. And the energy of this entire production is forced.

I do appreciate that they TRIED, to give us something upbeat and frivolous, so bravo.

by Anonymousreply 133November 28, 2020 9:47 AM

[quote]L: Diana Ross at Studio 54, R: Kylie at Studio 2054

cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 28, 2020 10:50 AM

HURRY. This will definitely get taken down soon. For those of you who missed it, someone uploaded the full Infinite Disco performance here. (Note: I haven't actually watched this upload all the way through, but assume it is the full performance)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 30, 2020 1:10 AM

She kinda has to, the gays are the only people left that still listen to her music.

by Anonymousreply 136November 30, 2020 1:23 AM

For those in the UK, Kylie is on the Jonathan Ross show on Friday, performing Real Groove.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 4, 2020 1:48 AM

R137 Of all the good tracks and she performs that?

by Anonymousreply 138December 4, 2020 2:23 AM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 4, 2020 4:21 AM

R138 I really like Real Groove.

What song would you prefer she performs?

by Anonymousreply 140December 4, 2020 6:18 AM

R140 - where did I indicate displeasure with her performing Real Groove? I agree, great song. And, presumably, the next single.

by Anonymousreply 141December 4, 2020 7:10 AM

"Real Groove" is the top streaming Kylie song aside from her awful Santa baby song and the ageless CGYOOMH.

by Anonymousreply 142December 4, 2020 2:04 PM

Dance Floor Darling or Supernova would make better singles. Real Groove will flop on the charts.

by Anonymousreply 143December 4, 2020 5:31 PM

Jonathan Ross airs Saturdays

by Anonymousreply 144December 4, 2020 5:32 PM

They are rebroadcasting her “Infinite Disco” show on New Years Eve. I had purchased my ticket to the original showing, but was unable to see it. I’ve since seen it, via a link up thread, and was thoroughly impressed. I might watch it again on the 31st, as I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing anything else this year. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend watching it.

by Anonymousreply 145December 4, 2020 7:07 PM

Oh nice. I'm sure she won't have the same viewership as the initial broadcast, but I imagine she'll pick up some new viewers who got caught up on DISCO in the last few weeks of PR buzz. And, yeah, R145, I agree, wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who missed it. It was bloody fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 146December 4, 2020 7:24 PM

Larry Flick is holding a fantastic interview with her on Sirius 54. Its so nice to hear her interviewed about her work by someone who obviously respects her without fawning too much over her--and to hear her also address her Anerican audience. This is a great hour long interview. If you have Sirius, look it up; I caught the tail end while driving home and was able to play the whole thing on the app.

by Anonymousreply 147December 4, 2020 11:19 PM

r147 - that actually sounds interesting. Any highlights you can share with us non-Sirius subscribers? Especially her comments about her American fanbase (aka, homosexuals in major metropolitan areas.)

by Anonymousreply 148December 5, 2020 1:52 AM

Credit where credit is due - Kylie has done an amazing job of building up and maintaining her fan base in America. Since 2000 that five of her albums have landed somewhere on the top 50 US charts generally is pretty consistent considering she did not gain much of a foothold early in her career. Of course, that her new record went to No #1 in the UK and Australia with ease gives her more time for her other markets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 5, 2020 7:50 AM

[quote] Jay-Z and Kylie never made any sense.

She wanted America. She tried. They failed.

by Anonymousreply 150December 5, 2020 5:05 PM

Great performance here of 'Real Groove' from 'The Jonathon Ross Show'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 5, 2020 11:27 PM

Kylie looks and sounds really good at R9's link on Colbert. (quite heavily nasal toned in the lower vocal register verses or is that autotune?).

The song is OK - certainly one of the better of her recent releases.

That said - I have always liked Kylie as a person. She a super nice person and squeaky clean - similar to Olivia. Dannii has the better voice of the two and is more attractive in my opinion. But her career certainly isn't even in the same league as Kylie's career and never will be. Kylie has done amazingly well for herself but has never had any luck with the blokes though.

by Anonymousreply 152December 5, 2020 11:39 PM

R152 Thanks for the comments Dannii!

You're perfection!!

You won't forget about me!!

Who do you love now????

by Anonymousreply 153December 5, 2020 11:47 PM

Are you pretending you're Kylie Minogue R153?

by Anonymousreply 154December 5, 2020 11:50 PM

R151 - Real Groove is great. Good choice for next single. But why does Kylie look like she's late for her hostess shift at an Asian fusion restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 155December 6, 2020 1:23 AM

"why does Kylie look like she's late for her hostess shift at an Asian fusion restaurant?"

Madonna was Madame X, Kylie is Madame Wong.

by Anonymousreply 156December 6, 2020 1:33 AM

Few people know that teenage Dannii Minogue was one of the inspirations for the Kim character in Kath & Kim. Gina Riley observed how Dannii would flip her hair and make the dramatic "oiy" sound combined with the eye roll. She incorporated this into her character.

by Anonymousreply 157December 6, 2020 1:46 AM

Look at moy!

by Anonymousreply 158December 6, 2020 1:50 AM

R23 well that is amazing. Good for Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 159December 6, 2020 1:58 AM

R159 - I think AC/DC has since had a higher selling #1 debut this year, but they remain hugely popular with older listeners who tend to buy physical albums, so they can still climb to the top of the charts despite having lower streaming numbers. Anyway, good for them and good for Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 160December 6, 2020 2:03 AM

Dannii looks great! And so supportive of her sis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 6, 2020 5:55 AM

Who IS this Diana Campanella dancing lady?

She makes me nervous.

by Anonymousreply 162December 6, 2020 12:58 PM

This thread has turned into an ass kissing thread rather than a thread about being honest about what songs are good and which ones aren’t. You can always tell who the ass kissers are when claim every song is good and get upset when someone says they don’t like a particular song.

by Anonymousreply 163December 6, 2020 4:44 PM

R157 Actually I think it's Dannii's character on Home and Away that was the influence.......in fact, if memory serves correct, when Fast Foward did an Aussie soap take off 'Dumb Street', Gina Riley spoofed Dannii's character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 6, 2020 7:08 PM

Fans in high places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 10, 2020 3:36 AM

The F9 remix is out but it doesn't appear there is an extended version. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 166December 10, 2020 3:39 AM

The F9 remix of which song, R166?

by Anonymousreply 167December 10, 2020 11:14 AM

Say Something F9 remix.

by Anonymousreply 168December 10, 2020 11:35 AM

R157 & R164 - actually the Kim character is based on Kylie Minogue. Not Dannii Minogue.

“My idea, especially with Kim, is that I like to dress her in what is available in the malls at the moment,” Stuckey told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“So I shop in the ‘cheap and cheerful’ women’s type shops and get the worst of that end of the fashion.

“Basically, it’s like any girl who’s reading the women’s magazines and seeing what Kylie Minogue is wearing and aiming for that, but not quite making it, as many aren’t — there’s a million Kims walking around shopping malls!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 10, 2020 2:39 PM

Kylie and Delta Goodram on Delta's Aussie Xmas thingy.

Not disco related, but lovely all the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2020 10:33 AM

More US promo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 15, 2020 2:37 AM

Is this a big thing in the US?

by Anonymousreply 172December 15, 2020 2:17 PM

"this"

by Anonymousreply 173December 15, 2020 2:22 PM

R173 'this' is meant to refer to the NBC New Year's thing, not the fabulousness of Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 174December 15, 2020 2:30 PM

Who can say, in 2020, R174?

by Anonymousreply 175December 15, 2020 2:59 PM

I hope she does "I Believe In You" in addition to one of the Disco songs.

by Anonymousreply 176December 15, 2020 3:53 PM

I'm glad it's not a Christmas show or she'd probably do bloody Santa Baby again. It would be great if she did a mash up of one of her new songs with a classic disco (genre, not album) songs -- like what she did with Slow and Love to Love You Baby (but probably more upbeat for NYE.)

I just hope it's not Magic. It's cute... but so... limp.

by Anonymousreply 177December 15, 2020 5:38 PM

Her strategy seems to be one live performance of each single in the UK and separate remote performances for the US. Following that logic we'll probably see 'Real Groove', which I think would be a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 178December 16, 2020 7:23 PM

She posted the Slow/Love to Love You Baby performance on her YT channel. A little Boxing Day prezzie for us. I've enjoyed some of the live stream "events" from this year -- including Dua Lipa's fabulous Studio 2054 -- but none of the other girls bring the glamour and the seduction the way Kylie does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 26, 2020 9:38 PM

That's a fantastic performance.

There are soooo many amazing versions of this song!

The one from last year on Graham Norton. And this epic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 26, 2020 10:26 PM

R180 - agreed. The song seems to stand up to any treatment she gives it. Not sure if this is the Graham Norton performance you're referring to R180, but that mashup with Bowie's Fashion is SO GOOD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 26, 2020 10:44 PM

According to Twitter chatter a new mix of 'Real Groove' feat. Dua Lipa IS coming out on New Year's Eve. The posts cite the song length at 4:22 which feels oddly specific for some made-up nonsense. Hopefully this is all true!

by Anonymousreply 182December 28, 2020 10:20 PM

Kylie's on CNN's New Year's Eve thing. Presumably pre taped from London and far way from A&A. Other guests include...

[quote]John Mayer, Snoop Dogg, Patti Labelle, Jimmy Buffett, Carole Baskin, Josh Groban, Leslie Jordan, Dulce Sloan, Desus & Mero, Kylie Minogue, Aloe Blacc, Goo Goo Dolls and Jon Bon Jovi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 29, 2020 1:04 AM

I'm surprised Kylie's Santa Baby version is a streaming hit worldwide even topping Eartha's . Though here in the US, the original is more popular but notable that Kylie even manage to outdo streaming queen Ariana Grande with her version.

by Anonymousreply 184December 29, 2020 1:26 AM

Madonna's version was horrible and I say this as a huge Madonna fan. I hate the song in general, but I think Kylie's is the best version, even better than Eartha's. Madonna's came out long before Kylie's, in 1987, but never really took off although it came from a terrific album, A Very Special Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 185December 29, 2020 1:55 AM

I like both Madonna and Kylie (and have met both in person) and I FUCKING HATE SANTA BABY! I HATE BOTH THEIR VERSIONS WITH A FIERY PASSION!!

I think I just hate "sexy" Christmas songs. Kylie's is awful because they have soundclips of her moaning or gasping sexually throughout the song. Truly disgusting. Just makes my skin crawl, and I love the Kylie songs "Sexcersize" which is basically her moaning for 3 minutes.

Madonna's is slightly better because she's singing in kind of a cheesy Broadway style with a weird NY accent.

by Anonymousreply 186December 29, 2020 2:40 AM

I can't listen to Madonna's version. She's singing in that stupid, awful Nikki Finn voice from Who's That Girl, thinking she's being funny and completely unaware how obnoxious she's being. Can not stand her take on that song. Prefer Kylie’s only because it's at least true to the spirit of the song, even though I think the song itself is just a bad, overrated novelty which should have been forgotten once Eartha Kitt did her thing.

by Anonymousreply 187December 29, 2020 2:56 AM

Kylie's Christmas album's cute. And has a lot more to offer than Santa Baby -- a nice mix of originals and covers. Like this Connie Francis song...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 29, 2020 4:30 AM

And the most ridiculous disco Christmas classic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 29, 2020 4:35 AM

That fabulous video of Kylie's concert set of "Light Years" and "Supernova" is back on the menu after Kylie's people scrubbed it from the internet!

Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 29, 2020 6:51 AM

Kylie's Christmas album is very good. I just wish Santa Baby wasn't on it. But it's popular, so I understand why Kylie and her team included it.

by Anonymousreply 191December 29, 2020 7:58 AM

I think it fascinating that Kylie is on both NBC and CNN's New Years Eve specials.

Great bookings!

by Anonymousreply 192December 29, 2020 1:58 PM

That was SUCH a great moment in Infinite Disco, R190.

Yeah, BMG certainly seem to know what they're doing, R192.

by Anonymousreply 193December 29, 2020 10:16 PM

As expected, Real Groove ended up being a flop and never should have been a single. It didn’t even chart on the main UK Singles Chart.

Supernova, Hey Lonely, Last Chance, and Dance Floor Darling should have been the singles for this album.

by Anonymousreply 194December 30, 2020 8:49 AM

R194 Ummm I don't think it's been released as a single yet.

So.................... perhaps keep your toxic negativity and foolish presumptions to yourself......... if you like?

by Anonymousreply 195December 30, 2020 8:58 AM

R195 No you delusional Kylie stan - the single was released December 5th in the UK.🙄

by Anonymousreply 196December 30, 2020 9:13 AM

The remix of Real Groove is exactly what I expected. Dua's barely present, they sped it up and they added some more typically disco'esque production elements. The original's better and Dua's presence is so limited (she doesn't even get a single verse or a solo chorus) that I have to wonder if they literally took rehearsal audio from Studio 2054 and layered it in here.

by Anonymousreply 197December 30, 2020 7:13 PM

Real Groove was announced as the new single on 5 December. The remix featuring Dua isn't available for download until 31 December

by Anonymousreply 198December 30, 2020 8:34 PM

I mean, probably best not to be officially releasing a new non-holiday single in the midst of the holidays, unless you're some massive and very current star who can release whatever they want, whenever they want. The timing seems to align nicely with the New Year's Eve promo she has, plus the second Infinite Disco performance. It's almost like there's some strategy behind it all..

by Anonymousreply 199December 30, 2020 8:45 PM

As R197 said, very little Dua.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 31, 2020 12:00 AM

I like the bridge or instrumental middle or whatever they call it...feels very disco'y (lower case "d) and very Future Nostalgia'y and from thereon, it kicks off really nicely. Their voices blend together better than I thought they would. It's just weird that they asked one of the biggest young popstars in the world right now just to be Kylie's backing vocalist rather than making it a true duet.

by Anonymousreply 201December 31, 2020 2:10 AM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 1, 2021 11:03 PM

It's surprising a little that she performed 'Magic' and not 'Real Groove'.......I guess that means there is a 'Real Groove' US performance planned in the near future?

by Anonymousreply 203January 2, 2021 3:01 PM

R203 - presumably they thought the sparkle of Magic was more appropriate for NYE?

by Anonymousreply 204January 2, 2021 3:12 PM

Behind the scenes of Infinite Disco

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 3, 2021 10:13 PM

She needs to hurry and write "Disco 2." It was a great album. She could probably do a "Trilogy" (Disco, Disco 2, and Disco 3) in short order and then have 30+ good new songs to tour when covid is over in 2022 - 23.

by Anonymousreply 206January 4, 2021 12:13 AM

I really like the new mix of Real Groove. More disco-ish although, as others have said, Dua really doesn't contribute much.

And agree with r206 that she needs to at least do a sequel or a remix album with some new songs.

by Anonymousreply 207January 4, 2021 2:10 AM

I agree, R206 and R207 -- disco (lower case "d") is obviously a sweet spot for Kylie, so extending the era with another album or a remix album makes perfect sense. I mean, Dua herself has shown the success of that model this year. I'm not suggesting Kylie would ever approach Dua's chart/streaming success at this stage in her career -- just that she could extend the Disco (capital "D") era this way.

Wasn't there a rumor going round that she was going into the studio with Jessie Ware and her What's Your Pleasure producer?

by Anonymousreply 208January 4, 2021 2:31 AM

r208 - i agree, and "disco (lower case "d") is becoming a kind of evergreen music genre that's been scurrying around for the past 10 years. If Kylie could do her "Disco Trilogy" whilst Covid is going on, she'd have have a fantastic addition to her stellar discography. Apparently she is quite the whiz in the recording studio now, tracking and recording her own vocals.

by Anonymousreply 209January 4, 2021 3:21 AM

Yes, though, I'd hope that if she does record some kind of partner to Disco, that she doesn't work with Sky Adams again -- he seems intent on making things as loud and tinny as possible. There are so many more skilled producers she could work with. And, with the commercial success of Disco, I'd hope she'd be a little more open to longer, more expansive and atmospheric disco tracks. Sort of the late night, 4am accompaniment to the 8:30pm Disco.

by Anonymousreply 210January 4, 2021 3:39 AM

Lay off the pork pies, Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211January 13, 2021 8:20 AM

New Real Groove remix. I like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 20, 2021 5:51 AM

But this one's better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 20, 2021 5:52 AM

I love the Claus remix. (I love the album version, too, but this remix just takes it somewhere more hyper and clubby.) Kudos to her and the label; this has really been an amazing run after leaving Roc Nation/Warner Bros.

by Anonymousreply 214January 20, 2021 1:21 PM

[Quote] I'd hope she'd be a little more open to longer, more expansive and atmospheric disco tracks. Sort of the late night, 4am accompaniment to the 8:30pm Disco.

The best you'd get in that vein would be a remix EP. People think Kylie is all the way gay. She's not. She's as much of a Hen Party / Mom fave. She'll always be more pop than club.

by Anonymousreply 215January 20, 2021 6:36 PM

I agree, R214, BMG was the perfect home for Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 216January 20, 2021 8:18 PM

Dannii would be more open to the atmospheric, trance remixes since she already did that with songs from Girl and Neon Nights. She even recorded a chilled-out version of Xanadu.

by Anonymousreply 217January 20, 2021 8:58 PM

Kylie looks good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 8, 2021 6:41 PM

This album disappeared fast. They chose shitty singles.

by Anonymousreply 219February 19, 2021 7:18 PM

She should get Tom Moulton to make extended remixes.

by Anonymousreply 220February 19, 2021 8:04 PM

Yeah, they need to revive this era. It was going smoothly and now it just seems like "that'll do".

by Anonymousreply 221February 20, 2021 6:23 AM

I think the "era" may be over. She's moved back to Australia to be close to family.

by Anonymousreply 222February 20, 2021 8:11 AM

I would like to think with Australia opening up to small tours and productions, she could do an 'Intimate Disco' tour.

Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 223February 23, 2021 5:58 AM

I got tired of the album pretty quickly, but enjoyed it when it came out. If I were here, I'd put out a Disco 2 pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 224February 23, 2021 2:17 PM

She's apparently working with Jessie Ware on something. (Source: interviews with Jessie Ware)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 23, 2021 5:11 PM

Interview with Kylie's record label boss. Sounds like DISCO has been doing well and they plan to continue promoting it throughout this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 3, 2021 2:51 PM

This remix is such fun!

Late 80s vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 14, 2021 10:06 PM

Initial Talk sucks. He does the same dry ass "80s remix" every time. Use some reverb, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 228March 14, 2021 10:57 PM

Yeah, that remix is not for me, but I've never been a fan of that particular late 80s sound. The video's super cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 229March 15, 2021 5:17 PM

Someone on Facebook posted that Real Groove just reentered the Australian chart at #1 but I couldn't tell from the wonky wording if this was correct or just a #1 on one radio station.

by Anonymousreply 230March 15, 2021 10:24 PM

Let me check my Itunes thingy...........

nah.........not in top 200 :(

by Anonymousreply 231March 16, 2021 8:26 AM

Oh, then there's this, whatever it is???

by Anonymousreply 232March 16, 2021 8:48 AM

^ Put the link in the sign post because I'm drunk....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 16, 2021 8:49 AM

Dance for Darling is the next single. Apparently a new, updated single mix of the song, with some new vocals, has been sent to radio.

by Anonymousreply 234March 30, 2021 4:23 AM

Yes! Hopefully a video, as well. A single only really feels like a single when its got a video.

by Anonymousreply 235March 30, 2021 5:16 AM

I love Dance Floor Darling. Gotta love that tempo change.

by Anonymousreply 236March 30, 2021 6:06 AM

I had a live stream of BBC radio playing today in the background and randomly heard Dance Floor Darling. No idea if there's a way to listen to it on demand, but it is definitely a new mix. I only heard it once, so forgive me if I misheard anything, but I think....

- The pre-tempo-change part of the song (the first 2/3) is actually now at a slightly faster pace -- slightly less mid-tempo. It's subtle, but noticeable if you're used to the album version. This actually makes the change to the latter 1/3's tempo change a little less bonkers... it feels a touch more organic. But the song doesn't feel rushed at all.

- The production has been 'amped up" throughout -- it feels a little more muscular, there are added drum fills, fatter synths and some general "sheen" added to the production (but if you liked the original, you'll still like this.. perhaps even more)

- I'm 99% sure she's recorded some new vocals throughout. At different points of the track her vocals feel more prominent and she's recorded new ad libs. Her voice feels more "forward" in the mix -- which is a good thing.

I'm not always a fan of single mixes, but I think they've done a nice job on this one.

by Anonymousreply 237March 30, 2021 4:44 PM

Dance Floor Darling is a good choice.

by Anonymousreply 238March 30, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]Dance for Darling is the next single. Apparently a new, updated single mix of the song, with some new vocals, has been sent to radio.

About time they release a decent single. Unfortunately I worry it may be too late to revive interest at this point.

by Anonymousreply 239March 30, 2021 7:55 PM

At 51, my love of pop was on a wane with the car radio tuned to classical music & news.....then I discovered DISCO and I’m an obsessed lil dance queen again!! LOVE IT!!!

by Anonymousreply 240March 30, 2021 8:03 PM

R51 This album, much like Dua Lipa’s “Future Nostalgia” couldn’t have come at a better time. We needed something to shake off the sadness.

by Anonymousreply 241March 30, 2021 8:43 PM

Whoops. That last comment was for R240. Sorry R51.

by Anonymousreply 242March 30, 2021 8:44 PM

She's going to be guest on Drag Race Down Under.

by Anonymousreply 243April 24, 2021 9:11 AM

How bland R243.

by Anonymousreply 244April 24, 2021 9:22 AM

I have never been able to get into her.

She seems very likable as a person, but every time I have tried to like her music because it seems like everyone else does, all I hear is generic dance music with meaningless lyrics.

She's always compared to Madonna, but like her or not, all of Madonna's music makes statements, and I just don't hear anything but cooing "la la la la la la lala" when I listen to Kylie.

What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 245April 24, 2021 9:43 AM

You nailed it on all counts R245. You're not missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 246April 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Are there going to be anymore DISCO singles or is it all wrapped up? Seems like she kinda packed up the campaign to go back to Australia and spend time with her family. Don't blame her, obviously. I imagine her parents are getting on.

by Anonymousreply 247April 24, 2021 10:28 AM

R245 I don't know if I'd say *all* of Madonna's music makes statements.

I wouldn't call "Holiday" or "Girl Gone Wild" deep.

by Anonymousreply 248April 24, 2021 10:58 AM

R248 I didn't say deep, but most of her music does say *something,* at least after her first couple of albums--not including Holiday and Burning Up, etc.

I agree about Girl Gone Wild and some other songs, including ones I like, like Get Together. But still, they are exceptions in her career. Most of her music says something, and as a person, she never stops making statements.

She is utterly unlikable, but Madonna is interesting. Kylie seems pleasant but uninteresting to me based on what I've heard. I do like the "la la la" song but it's vapid. I feel like Sophie Ellis-Bextor deserves at least the kind of career Kylie Minogue has had.

by Anonymousreply 249April 24, 2021 11:17 AM

Madonna's music says something?

Successfully?

Not well.

by Anonymousreply 250April 24, 2021 4:44 PM

Why the fuck does Madonna always need to be brought up? She has nothing to do with Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 251April 25, 2021 3:40 AM

I think the Disco era is over. What a flop. Sad, because there were some good songs on the album, but they were never singles.

by Anonymousreply 252April 25, 2021 3:41 AM

Don't you all get sick of all this comparison shopping? It's possible to simultaneously like more than one pop singer. They're both great.

And, no, Kylie's work has almost never been as serious minded as M's. I think you'll find that Kylie takes her work very seriously, but she doesn't take herself too seriously. It's part of her charm and probably a key to her longevity.

by Anonymousreply 253April 25, 2021 4:36 AM

'Disco' has been nominated for a Billboard Music Award!

Who saw that coming????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 30, 2021 9:17 PM

Who dat?

by Anonymousreply 255April 30, 2021 11:54 PM

R255 you mean girl! !

by Anonymousreply 256May 1, 2021 5:54 AM

Happy birthday Datalounge!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 29, 2021 8:14 AM

There is a new cool track by Olly Alexander's (It's A Sin TV show) band Years & Years feat. Kylie called Starstruck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258May 29, 2021 10:07 AM

R258 - I actually think Kylie improves the song.

by Anonymousreply 259June 5, 2021 2:54 AM

"Starstruck" is not very good, is it?

Kylie should have locked Jessie Ware down in between pregnancies. She'd have a better disco album.

by Anonymousreply 260June 5, 2021 3:02 AM

I was surprised by how fast I got tired of this album. To be fair, I only liked 4 of the songs on it.

by Anonymousreply 261June 5, 2021 3:14 AM

R260 - I think Kylie and Jessie W do have an upcoming collaboration; perhaps for Kylie’s reissue of Disco?

by Anonymousreply 262June 5, 2021 7:50 PM

Yes, it's been said that there's a Jessie Ware song AND an (unheard) Olly Alexander song on the upcoming deluxe.

by Anonymousreply 263June 5, 2021 7:59 PM

Kylie does Gaga...

I don't even really remember the Gaga song, but it's a nice cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 11, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote]Kylie Minogue STILL Gives the Gays What They Want

What is it that Gays want?

by Anonymousreply 265June 11, 2021 8:36 PM

I dont like or dislike Gaga but I hated that song when Gaga did it. . .but I really, REALLY like Kylie cover. This better not get wasted as a promo cut. This should be full-fledged single with video. And if the rumored Disco expanded edition is true, this should be on there, right before Supernova.

by Anonymousreply 266June 11, 2021 9:58 PM

Supernova is the worst song on the album. The lyrics alone are inane - "Shining like a supernova, brightest of the stars. From another galaxy, like Jupiter and Mars."

Honey, Jupiter and Mars are in our galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 267June 12, 2021 1:50 AM

R267 There are countless trashy and nasty songs with lyrics that are garbage (WAP) and you’re bitching about this? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 268June 12, 2021 4:46 AM

R268 You are right, 'Wow' does have trashy lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 269June 12, 2021 10:50 AM

R268 Do you have reading comprehension issues, dear? I'm speaking of the songs on Kylie's album, not pop songs in general.

Good talk.

by Anonymousreply 270June 12, 2021 12:59 PM

Supernova is the worst song Kylie ever recorded. This is from a third party.

by Anonymousreply 271June 13, 2021 1:53 AM

R271 Then don’t listen to it.

by Anonymousreply 272June 13, 2021 2:23 AM

That's ridiculous. She's recorded far worse. Supernova is good ol space disco fun -- nonsensical lyrics and all. She also had a KILLER performance of the song on her Infinite Disco streaming concert thing.

Kylie knows how to marry the silly with the sublime like no one else...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 13, 2021 5:59 AM

R273 For example...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 13, 2021 7:33 PM

Ooof, R274, that's even worse than Absolutely Anything and Anything At All.

by Anonymousreply 275June 14, 2021 7:13 PM

Sorry, I will always dislike Supernova. I think I just hate that chord progression and beat. I like lots of her other songs tho.

by Anonymousreply 276June 15, 2021 11:21 PM

Agree on Supernova. It took me a while to get into a few of the songs on Disco but they all grew on me apart from this. Something about it stresses me out, I find it horrible to listen to (so obviously I don’t anymore).

by Anonymousreply 277June 15, 2021 11:31 PM

Yes, I always skip Supernova too.

I love Monday Blues more and more though. I think that and Fine Wine are my favourites from the album.

by Anonymousreply 278June 16, 2021 7:27 PM

R278 Those songs suck.

by Anonymousreply 279June 17, 2021 2:50 AM

Just listened to this today. Every fucking song sounded the same. I truly dont remember a single one.

by Anonymousreply 280June 17, 2021 3:21 AM

She needs to go work with whoever produced Spinning Around again.

by Anonymousreply 281June 17, 2021 4:26 AM

She needs to work with Stock Aitken Waterman again! If you're gonna do poppy disco, do it right.

by Anonymousreply 282June 17, 2021 12:23 PM

Ha, I’d say give it a few plays if you’re a fan of any of her other stuff. Obviously if you don’t like her generally it may always sound all the same/crap.

by Anonymousreply 283June 17, 2021 1:00 PM

R282 their most recent work with her was a remix of Every Day's Like Christmas and, honestly, it sounds super dated. They don't have "it" anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 17, 2021 9:17 PM

I hope she does some classic disco (lowercase "d") covers whenever she tours again. This is as perfect a cover as I could imagine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 6, 2021 8:57 AM

[quote] I think that and Fine Wine are my favourites from the album.

If the Sex And The City reboot don't use Fine Wine on the soundtrack of the new series it will be a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 286July 6, 2021 9:27 AM

Frankly, I'm shocked she hasn't used Fine Wine to promote her Kylie wines which are apparently selling like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 287July 6, 2021 7:47 PM

Will there be a remix this album or not?

by Anonymousreply 288September 2, 2021 7:49 AM

Yes......maybe.......perhaps..........not sure.......it's getting late in the year..........so................I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 289September 2, 2021 9:23 PM

It does seem like a long gap. I imagine there are probably two things contributing to that -- one, they're almost certainly going to try to tie this re-release to a tour announcement, but all of the Delta-related covid spikes are probably causing further delays in those touring plans. Two, artists like Kylie make most of their music revenue from physical copies and less from streaming. There is currently a global shortage/delay in vinyl production materials. If Kylie's team hadn't pre-ordered the vinyl several months ago, they may be behind other artists who have vinyl on order.

Or maybe she just wants to sell more wine. Seems to be doing well for her.

by Anonymousreply 290September 2, 2021 10:22 PM

Everyone must admit that the first 15 seconds of "Supernova" is a total assault on the ears and musical sensibility. I will buy whatever repackaged version of "Disco" she releases, be it Vinyl/CD/Minidiisc/cassette as long as she censors those truly offensive moments of "Supernova." Some say it is the worst Western music that has ever been recorded.

by Anonymousreply 291September 4, 2021 4:39 AM

R291 - Calm down. It's just a campy space disco robot voice, Uncle Bottom.

by Anonymousreply 292September 4, 2021 7:25 AM

Holy shit. Can't Get You Out of My Head is TWENTY years old. I'm a dinosaur.

by Anonymousreply 293September 8, 2021 9:16 AM

Kylie performed Dance Floor Darling and a disco-fied version of Can't Get You Outta My Head at the big Global Citizen thing happening this weekend. Lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 26, 2021 8:17 AM

New 'Guest List' edition of Disco seems to be coming....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 2, 2021 9:46 PM

R295 - [QUOTE]Sorry, this product is no longer available on our site.

by Anonymousreply 296October 3, 2021 8:41 PM

Damn. Fever is 20 years old. That makes me feel ancient. Love the album cover. It felt very Grace Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297October 3, 2021 9:59 PM

Ok...........here is the Disco re-release, bundle thingy. It's the 'Guest Edition' apparently.

Really, I'm only excited about the Gloria Gaynor collaboration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 5, 2021 6:50 PM

I ordered the 5 disc set an hour ago r298. Delish!

by Anonymousreply 299October 5, 2021 6:52 PM

Gloria Gaynor! Didn't see that one coming. I'm meh about the Years & Years duet, but excited to hear the Gloria Gaynor and Jessie Ware duets.

by Anonymousreply 300October 5, 2021 10:39 PM

Um. Yeah. I don't know about this. I'm sure Olly's a nice chap and he obviously loves Kylie, but why does this feel like some Make a Wish kid won a contest to make a video with Kylie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301October 6, 2021 10:42 AM

R301 I like it! Catchy and unashamedly fun!

by Anonymousreply 302October 6, 2021 7:06 PM

Thank you, posters. This thread makes me want to binge listen to Kylie until I get it/get her. Because I haven't yet. As it stands, I only love one song of hers: "All the Lovers" is beautiful and flawless and gets me in the gut (transalation = I tear up) every time I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 303October 6, 2021 10:28 PM

R303, if you like All The Lovers, other Kylie songs which may appeal to you are...

I Believe In You

Say Something

Crystallize

Lost Without You

Kiss Me Once

White Diamond

Silence

Change Your Mind

Cosmic

The One

Fragile

Breathe

by Anonymousreply 304October 7, 2021 1:39 AM

Is anyone else hearing this in the new song? Could Olly (who wrote the song, I believe), be in a bit of trouble here or this is a case of "similar, but not the same"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 7, 2021 8:14 PM

R305: yes! It’s been bugging me since I first heard it a week ago what song it reminds me of. I think there might be a bit of this in there too, though that could just be because Kylie sings the word ‘maniac’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 10, 2021 11:15 PM

I'm not the biggest Years & Years fan, but this song has REALLY grown on me over the last few days. It's pretty damn irresistible. It feels very 70s and 80s all at once.

by Anonymousreply 307October 12, 2021 5:16 AM

Olly & Kylie live on BBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 12, 2021 5:28 AM

The second new track from the DISCO re-release is here. Her collab with Jessie Ware. Fans of Jessie's What's Your Pleasure should enjoy this one. They sound great together. I wonder if they did a video for it, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309October 29, 2021 6:32 AM

[Quote] I'm not the biggest Years & Years fan, but this song has REALLY grown on me over the last few days

It feels more Biffco than Y&Y.

by Anonymousreply 310October 29, 2021 6:50 AM

Ah, R310, that explains why I like it so much. Love most of Biffco's work with Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 311October 29, 2021 6:54 AM

I like them both.

Not so much on first listening, but they become ear worms after multiple plays.

by Anonymousreply 312October 29, 2021 7:03 AM

R309 Apparently there is a video coming very soon...

by Anonymousreply 313October 29, 2021 7:04 AM

What is um... what is going on here? These are apparently from the set of the new music video for Kiss of Life. It's not the most flattering look for Kylie. I'm getting very Patsy and Eddie in a horror movie vibes here. Interesting, unexpected vibe. Also... in that first photo, is Kylie wearing a weirdly inflated prosthetic left hand??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314October 29, 2021 8:41 PM

Extended Mix. LOVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315October 31, 2021 5:48 AM

A 5 star experience

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316November 4, 2021 8:00 PM

R316 - Ha. Wow. That is very... camp.

by Anonymousreply 317November 4, 2021 10:00 PM

Fun video and fun song, nice groove with a cheeky wink.

by Anonymousreply 318November 5, 2021 3:02 AM

Ohhh, what do you think of the last single, duet release...........it's with Gloria Gaynor!

I like the cool, laid back vibe man.

All in all, 3 great collobs, I'd say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319November 11, 2021 10:07 PM

R319 - says "video is unavailable"

by Anonymousreply 320November 11, 2021 10:20 PM

Weird, it's uploaded to her official YT channel too. I wonder if it's only available in Australia due to time zone issues and will be available here later tonight (midnight perhaps?)

by Anonymousreply 321November 11, 2021 10:32 PM

Meh...

by Anonymousreply 322November 11, 2021 10:35 PM

Looks like it's available in the US now as well. I love it. It's a slinky slice of disco funk and they both sound great. Isn't Gaynor in her 80s now? I wonder if this all originated from Gaynor praising DISCO (the album) on her socials last year.

by Anonymousreply 323November 11, 2021 11:51 PM

This is so fabulously camp! Kylie knows her audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324November 14, 2021 3:28 AM

Her look there is better than in the music video.

by Anonymousreply 325November 14, 2021 3:40 AM

Jessie isn't a natural performer.

by Anonymousreply 326November 14, 2021 3:43 AM

R326 - To be fair, Jessie doesn't have Kylie's stage presence or ease, but Kylie doesn't have Jessie's voice. Also, although this song was co-written and produced by people who worked on Jessie's album, the song's campness is much more in Kylie's wheelhouse.

by Anonymousreply 327November 14, 2021 3:52 AM

The artwork for the re-release is so much better than the original artwork.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328November 15, 2021 5:37 AM

It's less arresting, certainly.

by Anonymousreply 329November 15, 2021 1:09 PM

Kylie was a knockout at the British Fashion Awards last night, performing her mashup of Slow and Love to Love You Baby in a Richard Quinn floral bodysuit. Small clip here... (hopefully the full thing will be released)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330November 30, 2021 11:00 PM

Lots of stills here. She looked fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331November 30, 2021 11:01 PM

Great performance and styling!

by Anonymousreply 332December 1, 2021 3:23 AM

Agreed, R332. I wanna see THIS Kylie on tour.

by Anonymousreply 333December 1, 2021 8:22 PM

A professional recording.........not Disco, but amazing!

by Anonymousreply 334December 7, 2021 9:30 PM

^ I don't know what the f^ck I'm doing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335December 7, 2021 9:31 PM

R335 -LOVED that. It's funny that it's presented by TikTok because it's a clear example of star presence that cannot be taught or imitated, no matter how many TikTok followers you have. You either got it, or...

by Anonymousreply 336December 8, 2021 2:22 AM

The extended mixes are up on Youtube, and they really are wonderful.

They give the tracks more meat, funk, fun and joy!

by Anonymousreply 337December 10, 2021 10:30 PM

^*eyeroll*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 10, 2021 10:31 PM

NYE in London. They're quite adorable together. You can tell Olly's living out his gay fantasies singing with Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 1, 2022 5:08 AM

An American asks, who’s considered to be the better vocalist, Kylie or Dannii?

by Anonymousreply 340February 2, 2022 12:48 AM

Kylie is even more of a horse face than SJP. Her teef and head are insanely equine.

by Anonymousreply 341February 2, 2022 12:50 AM

I love how the extended versions were originaly announced as vinyl only and then a month later were released as downloads. Queen of ripping off fans!

by Anonymousreply 342February 2, 2022 1:00 AM

Many artists have had to delay vinyl releases. You know, 2 years into a pandemic and whatnot.

by Anonymousreply 343February 2, 2022 3:28 AM

R342

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 2, 2022 3:31 AM

I disliked this album when it came out but a month ago I played it again and now I really like 3/4 of it.

by Anonymousreply 345February 2, 2022 3:46 AM

It's kinda fun seeing some of these reaction videos from people totally new to Kylie. This young lady is more articulate and perceptive than the average YT "reaction vid" streamer....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 2, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote]An American asks, who’s considered to be the better vocalist, Kylie or Dannii?

Both are nearly the same. Dannii's voice is a bit deeper, perhaps touch richer, but with nowhere near as much range, or as strong or clear as Kylie. Dannii did start as a child singer, Kylie late teens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347February 2, 2022 11:44 AM

Your link and "pandemic" comment do not prove your point, R344, R343. The point was they were announced as VINYL ONLY (and I had my vinyl before they were released to download) and then, after vinyl was shipped, released as downloads. Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 348February 2, 2022 3:54 PM

Then make your point more clearly R348. Your post did not say that the vinyl had shipped, only that the extended versions been announced as vinyl only and then a month later released as downloads .

Without you providing the crucial detail that the vinyl had shipped, I was offering a possible reason why it had been announced as vinyl, then released as a download. Many artists are experiencing delays due to the vinyl shortage.

Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 349February 2, 2022 10:33 PM

^had been

by Anonymousreply 350February 2, 2022 10:36 PM

The point was clear. What part of VINYL ONLY is ambiguous?

by Anonymousreply 351February 2, 2022 11:58 PM

I’m enjoying her music on YouTube. Her sister Dannii as well. I remember Come Into My World because they played the video at my watering hole for forever.

by Anonymousreply 352February 3, 2022 12:22 AM

There is a big difference between announced as vinyl only (as your post stated) and vinyl had already been shipped (not stated until your follow up post).

It’s a post on message board. In the grand scheme of things, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

by Anonymousreply 353February 3, 2022 1:16 AM

And yet...

by Anonymousreply 354February 3, 2022 2:22 AM

Is she working on a new album? “Disco” fizzled out fast.

by Anonymousreply 355February 3, 2022 3:23 AM

Alright, alright, girls. You're both just... terrible.

by Anonymousreply 356February 3, 2022 3:31 AM

Spinning Around is sublime. And she’s rocking that pair of shorts.

by Anonymousreply 357February 4, 2022 4:35 PM

Kylie looking fabulous in Versace AT the Versace show in Milan...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 28, 2022 4:08 AM

And in another 2022 Versace dress at the same event. Wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359February 28, 2022 4:10 AM

The last video from the Disco era.

Gloria Gaynor collab!

I like it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 31, 2022 7:50 PM

R360- that video is cheap as fuck, but Kylie still makes it work -- that's star quality you can't teach.

by Anonymousreply 361March 31, 2022 8:12 PM

can't stop writing songs about you is really growing on me. It's not that I actively disliked it when it was first released, but the video's helping me get into it. Love that bassline.

by Anonymousreply 362April 8, 2022 12:02 AM

Kylie and some hot young thing shill for Unilever. Hey, it's a living.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 20, 2022 10:55 PM

Dannii had good songs. It's sad only gays or clubbers know Kylie and Dannii in The US. But I feel neither of them care, they make enough money globally in Europe and LatAm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 20, 2022 11:12 PM

This is random. Kylie at Met Stadium performing as special guest of Coldplay the other day. I'm not generally a fan of acoustic/unplugged versions of dance songs, but she sounds great here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 7, 2022 3:47 AM

I've never been a big Coldplay fan, but Chris Martin seems like a super nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 366June 8, 2022 5:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367June 9, 2022 3:42 AM

Vogue interview (and behind the scenes photos of her -- random -- gig at Cafe Carlyle.)

Very interesting to hear her say that 'Slow' is an inspiration for the new album she's recording -- both in terms of the sound and in terms of pushing her boundaries. I LOVE that for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 11, 2022 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!