Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KYLIE MINOGUE Gives the Gays What They Want

Kylie's not messing around. And she's not being remotely subtle. Her new album, apparently titled 'DISCO' is due out later this year. The first single, 'Say Something' is out THIS Thursday. The country pop excursion on her last album, Golden, was fun, but I'm so happy to see her returning to all-out, unapolgetic, campy disco sheen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 12, 2020 6:02 AM

a few more details here. She's also apparently been able to film videos under Covid restrictions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2020 2:46 PM

She still exists?

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote]The country pop excursion on her last album, Golden, was fun...

No. [bold]It wasn't.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2020 2:48 PM

Madonna is probably like, “I already did that.” yeah well, you should have done it again.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2020 2:49 PM

I think we saw a bit of "Disco Kylie" on her last tour for "Golden". I went to see it at the O2 and while the country-tinged songs from "Golden" were good live, the "disco" section with songs like "New York City" and "Raining Glitter" got the best response from the audience.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2020 3:08 PM

R5 - yes! She looked amazing in that gold disco dress with the slit up the side, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2020 3:13 PM

She looks like Heather Graham as Rollergirl in Boogie Nights in OP's picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2020 3:16 PM

I like her stuff the country album was fun. Wasn’t into the one before that. Can’t think of it’s name & don’t want to look it up. I’ll listen to the new one.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2020 3:16 PM

I like her stuff the country album was fun. Wasn’t into the one before that. Can’t think of it’s name & don’t want to look it up. I’ll listen to the new one.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2020 3:16 PM

“KYLIE MINOGUE Gives the Gays What They Want”

I’m pre-lubed and promise to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2020 3:19 PM

Is she the new Dr. Who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2020 7:37 PM

R11 i guess so.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2020 7:47 PM

Gay twitter is losing their minds and already calling this the election week celebration album. We'll see about that. I can't take credit for this as I saw it and laughed at this being her "Confessions on a Dingo" album.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2020 8:08 PM

She's made a very little talent go a moderately long way.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2020 8:13 PM

I

Cannot

Wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2020 8:14 PM

I'll be dancing in my living room in my underwear come November.

Thank you Kylie. Thank you.

The world needs this now.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2020 8:17 PM

R16.i’m thinking we need a covid vaccine more then a kylie album. But i could be wrong

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2020 8:21 PM

This is exactly what we need right now..what we deserve..if we can just get a Rihanna album as well all will be well with the world!

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2020 8:21 PM

If she's lucky, she might sell 10 copies in the US. She's practically a senior citizen and her brand of pure pop has been dead in the US for years.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2020 8:25 PM

R19 Dua Lipa and "Say So" by Doja Cat say otherwise

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2020 8:28 PM

I've seen some discourse about the album cover and that it looks off, cheap. But, really, anyone with knowledge of popstars knows that Kylie is in on the joke. She's always been SLIGHTLY more aware than we think that her brand has consistently been "the somewhat watered down imagery that Madonna already did" She's had some good album covers, like the 1994 album and Impossible Princess, which is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2020 8:31 PM

And she proves you wrong with her tour productions, which are beautifully done.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2020 8:32 PM

R21 watered down imagery of Madonna? Maybe until the mid 90s but not since. When she did fever she surpassed Madge as a pop/disco diva.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2020 8:35 PM

R20, Are you suggesting that Kylie will have that kind of big payola behind her like those artists had? Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote] When she did fever she surpassed Madge as a pop/disco diva.

LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2020 8:48 PM

R24 Do you have any understanding about how big Kylie Minogue is? She might not be huge in the US but she's massive everywhere else. Dua Lipa and Doja Cat aren't even in the same league as her.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2020 8:50 PM

R3 I agree. Her last album was horrible and a waste of an album release. I haven’t liked any of her albums since Aphrodite so I hope this one will be good.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2020 8:52 PM

If Kylie had Madge’s insatiable need for attention, if she was a Leo, she for sure would have ended her in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2020 8:54 PM

R25 hi Madge! Taking a nude selfie soon?

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2020 8:56 PM

Kylie is huge in Europe and around the world with fans into dance music. For instance she’s been popular in Japan since the late ‘80s in Japan when she was more bubblegum pop. I was introduced to Kylie’s music by my late brother who worked for top nightclubs for over 20 years up and down the west coast. She’s associated with dance music and it’s what she does best. Her voice is quite good and way better than Madonna’s.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2020 9:06 PM

There's a lot more to Kylie and why she's so popular. She was in Neighbours which was an Australian soap that (somehow) managed to be the biggest hit in the UK. She could do nothing wrong. She was Madonna levels of huge.

She went through the SAW stage with massive success but then decided to change direction. This got her the critical acclaim she'd been looking for and her comeback was huge. She's been wholly loved in the UK and everywhere else since, not just by the gays. It's kind of hard to describe.

With Kylie you know you're getting someone who can act, sing, dance and her music will be high quality even if it's her being pop, indie or disco. Plus she always comes across as a really nice woman. Even people who don't like her music like Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2020 9:20 PM

yum-ooooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2020 9:22 PM

R30 you know when Kylie did the fever album that shit was eating up Madge inside so bad. She was busy doing American Life and looking older while Kylie was looking transcendent. Her and Britney were ruling the world of pop. Remember how Madge wore T-shirt’s with their names on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2020 9:28 PM

UGH. Girls, girls. Can't we just have one pop diva thread in which we celebrate the artist without the weirdly personal need to take down other artists? And why not an artist who just radiates joy and lightheartedness like Kylie. While she takes her work very seriously, she doesn't take herself too seriously.

It's not a pie, there aren't a limited amount of slices. You can like more than one woman in music.... it's okay.

R26 - I'm not the biggest Dua Lipa fan, but there's no denying she's one of the most successful artists of the moment. Whether she will endure the way Kylie has remains to be seen. That said, I THINK R24 was actually in agreement with you and was probably referring to the fact that Dua is a known Kylie stan and when asked who her dream collaborator is has often said Kylie. I think R24 was saying that Dua "gets it" not that Dua is more important than Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote]Madonna is probably like, “I already did that.” yeah well, you should have done it again.

Madonna has been ripping off Kylie for years.

The cowgirl Madonna did for "Music" was already done by Kylie.

The Che Guevara for "American Life" was already done by Kylie.

The disco queen for "Confessions on a Dance Floor" - Kylie

The boxer for "Hard Candy" - already done by Kylie.

Madonna always steals but in the 2000s everything was a Kylie rip-off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2020 10:00 PM

She's huge in Hafnarfjörður!

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2020 10:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2020 10:02 PM

Kylie has waaaaaaay better iconic photos than Madonna. Kylie has done about ten billion photoshoots, everyone unique.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote] Plus she always comes across as a really nice woman

She’s sincere. She’s not a raging cunt when the cameras are off and she’s got a reputation for being nice. And she appreciates her success.

The way she’s defended Dannii over the years, after Sharon Osbourne’s bullying and Jonathan Ross criticising her has endeared her to people who don’t necessarily love the music.

She’s a class act and the haters can bloody well RACK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2020 10:07 PM

Kylie, Madonna and Janet are all Queens of pop for me and there’s no doubt that they’ve all inspired each other and stolen from each other but it’s very clear that the whole confessions era was heavily inspired by Kylie and her fever record.

Madge was living in London and Kylie was tha Queen and that record was fucking everywhere and you could even tell by Madge’s reinvention for confessions as a delicate soft pale disco diva that she was channeling Kylie including her dance moves which were taken from kylie’s videos for fever.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]Madge’s reinvention for confessions as a delicate soft pale disco diva that she was channeling Kylie including her dance moves which were taken from kylie’s videos for fever.

And then later on Kylie ended up working with the same producer that worked on Confessions. So yes, they have copied off each other.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2020 11:50 PM

Your Disco Needs YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2020 2:40 AM

The US was done with her by 1989 with a brief redemption in 2002. She just never caught on. I find her music bland like Bananarama.

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2020 3:23 AM

Looks like it'll be a bit of frivolous fun. Kylie's good at that.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2020 3:26 AM

Madonna, Janet and Beyonce keep their eye on Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2020 3:52 AM

That country album was a mess and very disappointing. "Disco" sounds like the right move. I want her to go back to "Light Years" or "Aphrodite." Those were her best.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2020 3:54 AM

Who is the moon faced pretty lady on the album cover?

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2020 3:59 AM

Fever is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I'll always love her for that and hope this will essentially be Fever II.

Didn't care for her following albums, which I thought were synthetic trend-chasers and not emotionally affecting.

Except Golden, which is very underrated—a clever, fun move for her to make, with a lot of heart.

My favorite track from Fever:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2020 4:07 AM

[quote]And then later on Kylie ended up working with the same producer that worked on Confessions. So yes, they have copied off each other.

And it goes back way further than that. Kylie's What Do I Have to Do in 1991, the first video where she reinvented herself as a love goddess. She takes notes visually from Bardot, Ann-Margret, Jane Fonda, Olivia Newton-John but especially from Madonna. The remix even had a makeover in the Shep Pettibone style that Madonna made hot.

Madonna came back next year with the Deeper and Deeper, a song that was structured like a Kylie Eurobeat song and even had the signature Stock Aitkin Waterman midi keyboards playing all over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2020 4:42 AM

R51 that video sucks.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2020 4:46 AM

The new video and she's naked in it. On the plus side, she looks great, and the song is very slick 90s Euro-style. I do like her voice in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2020 5:16 AM

She should have called it Eurodisco. Or Eurotrash.

[quote]Prior to lockdown, Kylie was working with German disco pop producer Mousse T and Italian DJ Alex Gaudino, and has also been in the studio with French producer Mirwais, famous for his work with Madonna.

Ah, who among us can forget Mousse T's masterwork "Horny"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2020 5:29 AM

Working with Mirawis??? How sad to work with Madonna’s leftovers AGAIN! He hasn’t produced a good song since “Music” 20 years ago. Madonna reunited with him for her flop album from last year and it was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2020 5:32 AM

Thanks for posting, R53.

I'm not feeling it. Sounds like another hookless, sterile clanger.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2020 5:32 AM

R53 How sad that in that video she’s copying Madonna (who copied Pete Burns) by wearing an eye patch.

And I agree with R56. Song is not memorable and there is no real hook.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2020 5:44 AM

r44 THE gayest Kylie song, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2020 5:53 AM

[quote] Is she the new Dr. Who?

She was in a Doctor Who episode. Voyage of the Damned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2020 5:54 AM

Kylie doesn’t look youthful

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2020 5:58 AM

r56 Give it a couple more listens. It will grow on you.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2020 6:06 AM

LOVE Kylie!

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2020 6:07 AM

Madonna copied Kylie's 'bronde' hair.

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2020 6:08 AM

R53 that isn’t Kylie or the new song

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2020 6:13 AM

Some ancient gays think Madonna cared what Kylie fucking Minogue was doing while the same Madonna was selling gazillions of records? You gays are precious.

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2020 6:20 AM

The day of the last ever G-A-Y it was announced there'd be a very special surprise guest. Gay London went wild on social media trying to guess who it was and the consensus eventually settled on Kylie. You could almost taste the excitement.

The night was really enjoyable, if extremely sweaty with thousands of over-excited drunk and drugged up gays all piled in to celebrate this special night. The acts were pretty good (Mika, Sophie Ellis-Bextor etc) and then it became clear the very special surprise guest was coming on. People were so overwhelmed they were in tears and the place was going wild.

She was brought out behind a sheet and the place went even wilder. Then the sheet was dropped. It was Dannii Minogue. She was booed off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2020 6:34 AM

Remember when Kylie Jenner (the monstrous looking Jenner girl who has changed her entire body/face/ethnicity to become tacky famous) tried to trademark the name Kylie? Nice try, Kris, you fucking gash sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2020 6:38 AM

R66 did they get rid of G-A-Y permanently? I know they moved it to Heaven after it left the Astoria, but I didn’t keep up with it because after it left the Astoria it sucked.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2020 6:59 AM

who? we don't know her!

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2020 8:14 AM

R26 by everywhere else, you mean UK and Australia? For whatever reasons, Kylie Minogue is just not that popular outside these two regions.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2020 8:24 AM

She's still relevant? Always thought her music sounded like bad karaoke pre-AutoTune

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2020 8:34 AM

R70 Don't be absurd. She tours on every continent apart from Antarctica.

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2020 8:38 AM

Love it. Giving me Dazzler vibes. Dazzler even has an 8 point star on the chest of her X-Men uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2020 8:50 AM

R72 So? For people like Michael Jackson and Madonna, they do not have to tour everywhere and people still know their names, but Kylie Minogue? even she busted her ass and toured every damn city, she is still a name that many don't remember or you have to remind them hard like mention a hit song from years ago, and people might say "oh now I remember that, "that" is that song (still not her name), you see the difference?

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2020 9:15 AM

R74 What is your point? No-one has ever said she's as big as Michael Jackson or Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2020 9:33 AM

R75 are you R72? If not, then read R70 again. I said she is a household name in UK and Australia, but that's about it, "massive everywhere else" is an exaggeration.

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2020 9:41 AM

R76 she’s massive everywhere except the US!

R66 oh nooo poor Danii that’s so sad and funny

R61 you’re so right it grows on you like all her songs. She’s so good with hooks. I listened to it the first time and was like well that was rubbish while singing over and over “the way you make me feel..”

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2020 9:58 AM

While I like a number of her albums I think my favorite has to be Aphrodite which I can listen to the entire album and I mean every song..love all the songs on that record. The country record I didn’t even listen to.

An eyepatch in the video for the new song..well that’s obviously an homage to Madge as opposed to copying. Strangely, she actually looks like Madge in those shots with the eyepatch.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2020 10:03 AM

Kylie's lack of success in America was because of a combination of factors, some of it was intentional. She'd had a big early success there and her producers were geniuses who had already made inroads into the US charts via Bananarama, Rick Astley, and Donna Summer to name but a few. A few things they crafted for the American market. They had plans but it got pushed aside, perhaps because she had no US citizenship and her commitments in the UK were HUGE.

Kylie's UK fame and popularity was at Princess Diana level in 1988. That's no exaggeration, word for word, Kylie's name in the UK media in 1988/89 was second only to Di. Her stunning success took them all by surprise and America was kind of forgotten as a potential market for her.

While she had number one songs around the world, she'd go into a dress shop or restaurant in the US and people would ask if she worked there. Kylie did not mind. She had friends and respect from people who worked in the industry. The fashion people all knew who she was. She enjoyed her visits where she could go about her business while not being very well known.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2020 10:23 AM

R79 also can you imagine how vicious Madge would have been if Kylie tried to crack the US market..at least Mariah had her voice and the whole Tommy Motola machine behind her but any other white artist especially a pop star Madge basically destroyed...she was incredibly nasty back then.

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2020 11:23 AM

I don't think that Kylie being at a teenyboppers age in comparison to Madonna would have stopped Madge from guarding her territory fiercely. Even when Kylie was cute she was still a lot raunchier than Tiffany, Martika and Debbie Gibson. Kylie would have needed to change her image and sound to fit into the US. She would have needed to record some R&B type songs and that might have jeopardised her European sales as an up-and-coming disco queen. She did record several US-style tracks with Stock Aitkin Waterman, one was a duet ballad with US soul singer Keith Washington. It kind of works but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2020 12:03 PM

Always loved this clip from her singing with Rick Astley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2020 12:24 PM

I like the duet she did with Ricky Martin. They actually have tonnes of chemistry on stage and can hardly take their eyes off each other, unlike the unresponsive Christina Aguilera, who basically gray rocked him when she was on stage with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2020 12:43 PM

America didn’t have the soap opera so they didn’t care about her & jason donovan. The saw sound was mostly rick astley & some bananarama here . They tried to keep the hits going after locomotion. It didn’t work. She had a lot of ‘hits’ in the gay clubs- but they were disco mixes. Now, if she tours here, it’s in the gay friendly big cities. So why bother? She can do another night in a european city in some huge stadium & make a pile.

by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2020 12:49 PM

I don't know what to think about the video posted above of Say Something. I doubt that is the official video though it appears on a channel named Kylie Minogue which also has no subscriptions. The song itself IS from the upcoming disc. And it has a good tone, however I think it needs a heavier club cut to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 85July 22, 2020 1:10 PM

And I am WRONG. Sorry. The song posted to "Kylie" is in fact a song called Solitaire by Ronika!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 22, 2020 1:13 PM

Eww. Gays have the worst taste in music. This shit barely registers as OK.

by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2020 1:33 PM

Kylie is nice, but no pushover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2020 1:38 PM

R88 So she and Dannii weren't talking, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote]R44 THE gayest Kylie song, and that's saying something.

Beg to differ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 22, 2020 2:14 PM

Awful, R53, just awful. It sounds and looks cheap. And why on earth would she wear an eye patch--and a red one at that? Does she just WANT to be accused of ripping off Madonna?

Yet again?

by Anonymousreply 91July 22, 2020 3:10 PM

R86 ha so the Kylie song isn’t out yet? And the video is it fake?

by Anonymousreply 92July 22, 2020 3:17 PM

Lord. This thread is worse than the Janet vs. Madonna threads.

The idea that Kylie Minogue is "better" or richer or more famous than Madonna is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 93July 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Reading skills, kids! There is no new Kylie video posted to this thread.

DON'T BE a slave bee. You will re-elect trump with this level of information literacy.

Go back to Romper Room if you can't read!

DON'T BE a slave bee. You will re-elect trump with this level of information literacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 22, 2020 4:19 PM

Good, because the song posted at R53 was shit.

by Anonymousreply 95July 22, 2020 4:25 PM

Jonathan Ross tries to drag Dannii at 4.30, but Kylie defends her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 22, 2020 5:44 PM

This thread is shit

by Anonymousreply 97July 22, 2020 5:54 PM

I can't believe anyone thought that was an actual Kylie video at R53. It sounds literally nothing like her and, yeah, one of the most recognizable pop stars is going to have a video in which you don't even see her?

Unless it leaks, the song is scheduled to debut on UK radio tomorrow (Thursday). No word on when the video is coming out yet.

by Anonymousreply 98July 22, 2020 7:27 PM

This is the new single's cover art. VERY disco. Love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 22, 2020 8:00 PM

I like that she's not afraid to be a little more mature now, too. New album shoot image...

(I mean, she DID name her last album 'Golden' a not too subtle nod to her 50th...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2020 8:05 PM

Obviously that video is NOT Kylie!

by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote]This thread is shit

Then don’t read it. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2020 9:27 PM

Nobody but ancient dusty queens on DL even know who this bitch is.

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2020 10:19 PM

R103 = hey Madge! Any new nude pics you want to force down our throats?

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2020 10:24 PM

I want to like her music but her vocals and beats are so weak that I can't get into it. I will always root for this down-under Madonna, but I can't get into her as an artist.

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2020 12:03 AM

This is why we love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 23, 2020 12:05 AM

r106 she just stood there in a sexy outfit. Is that considered a noteworthy pop performance in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 107July 23, 2020 12:11 AM

Loved this performance she did last year. Such a great mashup of Kylie + Bowie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 23, 2020 12:19 AM

Those images in the "video" are partly just screen backdrops from a tour several years ago. That sing, which others have pointed out is NOT Say Something is just awful and thank god it ain't Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 109July 23, 2020 12:32 AM

I saw her live in LA several years ago and she was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 110July 23, 2020 2:21 AM

[Quote] I saw her live in LA several years ago and she was fantastic.

At the Hollywood Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 111July 23, 2020 2:50 AM

Yes, both of those North American tours were so much fun. She was playing venues much smaller than she does in Europe and Australia. Even though the crowds were half the size of her 'regular' tours, they were REALLY passionate fans -- some of whom had been waiting literally decades to see her so the atmosphere was electric. And she was so great -- like someone upthread said -- she takes her craft seriously, but doesn't take herself seriously. She can somehow simultaneously embrace high camp and high concept -- sometimes in the same song. I remember going to her first N. American tour with a straight friend. It was basically thousands of homosexuals and hundreds of women and a handful of straight men whose GF's had convinced them to join them.

Some crazy obsessive fan (and god bless him for it) created a "DVD" of the tour by mashing up several amateur videos from the performance with HQ soundboard recordings from the tour. It was crazy how much spectacle she packed into those theatres and small arenas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 23, 2020 3:13 AM

I love Kylie and am excited for her new album. I hope it's straight up disco. We need some of that, now.

by Anonymousreply 113July 23, 2020 3:18 AM

I was there both times at the Hollywood Bowl! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2020 3:44 AM

fab!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2020 3:50 AM

I LOVE Kylie. He last country album was a disaster, so I'm thrilled she's going back s to the formula that works for her. DISCO :)

by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2020 4:11 AM

R111 R112 R114 I was also there at the Bowl. Halle Berry was sitting in a box front of me loving Kylie,

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2020 7:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2020 7:24 AM

For those who weren't listening. Kylie was just interviewed on BBC radio and premiered the song. She was, of course, sweet and effusive. She said the video was a "galactic" experience and would be out in a week or two. It's directed by Sophie Mueller. She said the single 'Say Something' was written last year, but they chose it as the lead single because it ended up feeling very appropriate for the time we're in. And she's right, the lyrics feel like they were written about this time. It's wonderful. A mid-tempo slice of dreamy disco funk. It's really well produced, too.

by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2020 7:58 AM

Oh, and, because so many fans were sending in ecstatic feedback from around the world, the host decided to play the song twice in a row.

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2020 8:01 AM

SO. GOOD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 23, 2020 8:10 AM

It's brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 122July 23, 2020 8:31 AM

She's trending worldwide, to those who said she's only ever been heard of in the UK and Australia.

Suck on it, haters!

by Anonymousreply 123July 23, 2020 8:46 AM

R106 I love that never seen it! I think Madge got her ema performance inspiration from that. Kylie came down from a record and Madge’s was like “I can do that..i’ll come out of a disco ball..”

by Anonymousreply 124July 23, 2020 11:19 AM

She has a huge fanbase everywhere. This is so exciting..I think this record could really crack America! Now if we can only get a Rihanna record this year..

by Anonymousreply 125July 23, 2020 11:27 AM

Kylie seems like a very nice person but Danni got the looks and is a much better singer.

by Anonymousreply 126July 23, 2020 11:33 AM

The thing I love about Kylie is she makes fun music. Does it always hit the mark? No but A for effort. But she’s in on the joke. She seems to really appreciate her fans. And she seems to have a lot of fun doing it. And she’s laughing all the way to the bank. And we don’t have to lectured to. Madonna should take a page from Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 127July 23, 2020 11:40 AM

Anyone under any illusion about Kylie’s popularity should have a look at twitter today. It’s gone Kylie mad.

I agree she’s had her ups and downs musically, but when she’s good, there’s no-one else like her.

by Anonymousreply 128July 23, 2020 11:44 AM

R127 what joke is she in on? There’s no joke. She mostly hits the mark compared to many artists. Except for that country mess album which I’m sure some people liked. Aphrodite the whole album was incredible. Every other album has at least 3-5 solid songs.

by Anonymousreply 129July 23, 2020 11:48 AM

In on the joke was a poor choice of words. R129. What I meant was she doesn’t try to be anything other then what she is which is happy pop music which we desperately need right now.

by Anonymousreply 130July 23, 2020 12:18 PM

"Even when Kylie was cute she was still a lot raunchier than Tiffany, Martika and Debbie Gibson"

Don't forget Kylie dated INXS's Michael Hutchence for two years. She never talked about it until the doco Mystify, where she spoke at length, and it was obviously a meaningful relationship for both of them, however improbable. It was a strangely edgy thing for him to do, because at the time she was patronisingly known in Australia as The Singing Budgie and he was the height of cool, but apparently he revelled in introducing her to the world, of which she was still quite innocent. Not just sex, but travel and art and all that. He was like a sexed-up version of The Baron in Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 131July 23, 2020 12:21 PM

She doesn’t take herself too seriously. She knows she’s not some singer-songwriter but she’s a great performer. Her biggest hits have all been written and produced by others and she’s never pretended otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 132July 23, 2020 12:44 PM

R130 how does she not try to be anything other than happy pop music when her last album was a country album? She’s even had some rnb esque records.

by Anonymousreply 133July 23, 2020 1:24 PM

My fav concert of kylie was in hyde park & the promo show for golden in nyc. New song is fine!

by Anonymousreply 134July 23, 2020 1:30 PM

Her best gig was Glastonbury. Utterly nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 23, 2020 1:37 PM

Wouldn't Kylie make tons more money if she put her name on songs as a co-writer?

by Anonymousreply 136July 23, 2020 1:49 PM

R136 Probably. But she’s never tried to be anything she’s not. Everyone knows all her early SAW stuff wasn’t hers. Everyone knows CGYOOMH was written by Cathy Dennis.

Plus she’s not likely to be begging on the streets any time soon. She’s fucking loaded.

by Anonymousreply 137July 23, 2020 1:54 PM

"Wouldn't Kylie make tons more money if she put her name on songs as a co-writer?"

Yes. Yes she would.

by Anonymousreply 138July 23, 2020 2:02 PM

Let's not forget that Kylie had a very nice piece of Rupert Penry Jones in 1999.

by Anonymousreply 139July 23, 2020 2:03 PM

Kylie has co-writing credits for actually quite a few of her songs, Slow, Please Stay, Some Kind of Bliss and Breathe were hers. She also wrote a song for her sister Dannii's debut album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2020 2:05 PM

In Your Eyes was another hit she wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 23, 2020 2:09 PM

And she co-wrote most of the Golden album and co-wrote this new single which I can't get enough of. It's on all the usual streaming platforms now, too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 23, 2020 3:14 PM

The new song -- "Say Something" -- doesn't sound very "disco." It's just a pop song. I hope it is not representative of the rest of the CD.

by Anonymousreply 143July 23, 2020 3:45 PM

With 16 tracks, I'm guessing there will plenty of full on dance-dance-dance disco throughout the album. There are definite 70s and early 80s disco/funk/synth-dance references throughout the song, but, yes, I'd agree it's certainly not capital 'D' disco. I will say, it's remarkably fresh sounding. It manages to capture those influences while still sounding very 'now' and also feeling very Kylie. It doesn't feel like she's inauthentically trend-chasing (as, for example, some of her early/mid 2000s R&B attempts sounded)

by Anonymousreply 144July 23, 2020 3:50 PM

r126 Dannii is a basic frau. Kylie is a goddess!

by Anonymousreply 145July 23, 2020 3:51 PM

Paula Abdul got a co-writing credit on "Spinning Around" which to date is Julie's most disco-ish hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 23, 2020 3:52 PM

R143 apparently the song was done last year I don’t think it was meant for this album but she (Kylie) fealt that it addressed the world that we’re living in presently.

by Anonymousreply 147July 23, 2020 3:56 PM

Bargain Basement Madonna.

Other than "Cant Get You Out of My Head" none of her song are catchy at all.

I've never understood her (small degree of) popularity.

Then again, I feel the same way about a lot of songs that come out of Great Britain.

by Anonymousreply 148July 23, 2020 3:56 PM

I'm finding it a bit lacklustre. The melody is anaemic and there's no real hook.

by Anonymousreply 149July 23, 2020 3:59 PM

R144, I am very underwhelmed by the single and I am a Kylie fan. She is usually straightforward and I would have imagined if she were audacious enough to title her project "Disco" and publicize that title before releasing the music that the single would speak for itself. Almost any track from "Aphrodite" is more disco than "Say Something."

The new Jessie Ware CD is really good -- and very disco -- so expectations for Kylie are not just being set by her prior work. "Golden" was awful so she really needs to come hard with "Disco."

by Anonymousreply 150July 23, 2020 4:00 PM

Speaking of Madge, the trashy Kylie r148, we can now get a feel for what her next dance record will sound like when Kylie’s record comes out in December since confessions was inspired by fever and mdna was basically a remix of X and Aphrodite.

by Anonymousreply 151July 23, 2020 4:02 PM

R149 r150 it is a bit lackluster but it was meant for the disco record, it was actually created last year and they decided to release it as the first single.

by Anonymousreply 152July 23, 2020 4:06 PM

Just listened to her new single, Say Something, on YouTube and it's terrible. No hook at all and her voice sounds much too high. I don't remember her sounding that way. Then again, I am certainly not a connoisseur of Kylie's music. Maybe she always sounded like Minnie Mouse.

by Anonymousreply 153July 23, 2020 4:14 PM

I’m starting to like it after a few listens

by Anonymousreply 154July 23, 2020 5:06 PM

Bite me, R153!

by Anonymousreply 155July 23, 2020 5:06 PM

I miss dr pepper lip smackers. That says disco. Lip smackers !

by Anonymousreply 156July 23, 2020 5:15 PM

Awful.

by Anonymousreply 157July 23, 2020 5:24 PM

I've found a few repeat listens really help. It took me a few listens for it to click. It's a really sophisticated slice of shimmery, slightly melancholy euphoric pop. It wouldn't be out of place on a Robyn album.

by Anonymousreply 158July 23, 2020 6:09 PM

C R I N G E

by Anonymousreply 159July 23, 2020 7:17 PM

It’s ok. It’s just a song.

by Anonymousreply 160July 23, 2020 7:53 PM

and R158 is an example of the treacly hyperbole of a stan.

by Anonymousreply 161July 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Love a classic Biff song. Love At First Sight is its nearest Kylie comparison, but the song could fit easily onto Light Years, Fever of Aphodite.

Strange to think the guy behind this gave the Spice Girls Wannabe, 2 Become 1, Spice Up Your Life and Viva Forever.

It's amazing to think the gap between I Should Be So Lucky and Can't Get You Out Of My Head was 14 years, and the gap between Can't Get You Out Of My Head and Say Something is 19 years.

by Anonymousreply 162July 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Ok officially like it after some listens

by Anonymousreply 163July 23, 2020 8:34 PM

This may sound a bit strange, but I respect that she never had children or married, because she realised that her lifestyle and her shaky health history (physical and mental) would make her a less able mother.

She has openly told the press that while she has occasional days of longing for a child, for the most part she is happy with her decision not to give birth and will not be pressured over it - an important message for so many women to hear. Similarly she says that she “never dreamed of walking up the aisle” and wanted instead to become independent and build a career as a single women on her terms, which is laudable.

It’s mature empathetic decision-making that so many people lack.

by Anonymousreply 164July 23, 2020 8:46 PM

She's Top Ten on US iTunes chart.

by Anonymousreply 165July 23, 2020 9:38 PM

Kylie could crack America this year let’s face it her and Madge are the only global pop megastars left really. Is Taylor still relevant and what’s happening with Ariana lately..did Gaga kill her career with that awful collabo?

by Anonymousreply 166July 23, 2020 9:43 PM

Nobody buys music on iTunes, dear.

by Anonymousreply 167July 23, 2020 9:46 PM

It's clear they're releasing this first with months to go as it was probably in some agreement with the label and producers that this was going to be the first single because, I agree, it seems a little to the left of what the visual language is emitting. Because it's actually not very common nowadays for popstars to release singles so far ahead of the album release. The second single, probably out in September, will be the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 168July 23, 2020 9:48 PM

R167 It includes Apple Music streaming, dear.

by Anonymousreply 169July 23, 2020 9:48 PM

ah ok

by Anonymousreply 170July 23, 2020 9:49 PM

R166 Taylor's surprise releasing a new album tomorrow and it's been trending all day. The Ariana and Gaga collab literally went Number 1 on Billboard so... I don't know what you're trying to get at lol

by Anonymousreply 171July 23, 2020 9:49 PM

Kylie said on the radio this morning that there will be a second single before the album comes out so September seems right.

by Anonymousreply 172July 23, 2020 10:01 PM

I LOVE Kylie. LOVE her. Like flippin adore her. I'm a stan. I'm also pretty clear-eyed. I think there's about much chance of Kylie "cracking America" in 2020 as there is Donald Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Kylie has a very passionate, dedicated and small fan-base in the US made up of 95% homosexuals, 4% women and 1% closeted men. She will probably get more #1s on the Billboard dance charts as she has in the recent past, but she barely cracks the top 40 in singles in the UK anymore -- her strongest market, by far. It's why BMG very smartly focuses on the album strategy, rather than the singles. It's how they got her two back-to-back #1 albums in the UK with Golden and the greatest hits album from last year. It's VERY challenging for "legacy" artists to achieve chart success these days due to the overwhelming dominance of streaming.

Would I be overjoyed if Kylie, against all odds, somehow scores some massive breakout hit from this album on either side of the Atlantic? Of course. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong. But I wouldn't put your hopes and dreams on this one. Instead, just enjoy the music for what it is and be grateful she's still killing it well into her 50s.

by Anonymousreply 173July 23, 2020 10:19 PM

R171 sorry I forgot today’s generation of music lovers does not know what good music is. That rain on me song sounded and looked like a soundtrack for total recall or the matrix or some alien movie, what the hell is going in the world?

by Anonymousreply 174July 23, 2020 10:19 PM

R173 You have internet access, right? Have you not seen how huge this single is already? It's No.1 all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 175July 23, 2020 10:21 PM

This single reminds me of Ariana’s so into you which I love

by Anonymousreply 176July 23, 2020 10:28 PM

We love you Kylie..this might be a US Billboard number 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 23, 2020 10:33 PM

Kylie, Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are all that’s keeping Australian pop-culture in the global conversation.

There are plenty of talented artists & performers out of Oz, but no other STAHS.

by Anonymousreply 178July 23, 2020 10:43 PM

R175 - one day of social buzz from a dedicated fanbase does not necessarily equal chart success a week later and iTunes charts are largely irrelevant these days. I think Kylie's made peace with not "cracking America," maybe we all should as well. It doesn't in anyway diminish her enormous appeal. Nor does it diminish this fabulous song which I think is her best single in YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 179July 23, 2020 10:59 PM

R178 fuck off mayt

by Anonymousreply 180July 23, 2020 11:09 PM

R179 I had made peace with Kylie not cracking America as everyone including Kylie had but it just feels like the right time to have the sweet unassuming authentic underdog finally get the credit she deserves in her 50s no less. Even JLo of all people got the Super Bowl.

I feel like America could fall in love with Kylie this year...she feels fresh compared to all the other artists right now who are always hogging the charts and at the same time we know she’s icon and she feels safe and stable.

Does anybody really want to hear another Taylor record or Gaga. I don’t even want to hear from Beyoncé this year and if Madonna rushes to release another album I’ll quit pop music altogether..I love her but I’ve had enough of her for the next 2 years at least.

by Anonymousreply 181July 23, 2020 11:21 PM

Here's a radio interview from BBC with the song...

Cause love is love is love, it never ends. Can we just be as one again.

Go to 2:50:10 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 23, 2020 11:24 PM

R181 - it's a lovely thought and I like your optimism. I'm not sure I share it, but, yeah, it would be ace.

Honestly, if someone like Taylor or Dua Lipa or Ariana were releasing this song I could easily see it being a big hit. It feels very fresh. Very of the moment, while still wearing some of those 70s and 80s influences on its sleeve. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, loving all the layers in this song. I'm hearing something new every time I listen.

by Anonymousreply 183July 23, 2020 11:34 PM

I can guarantee you that this won't even chart on the Billboard Hot 100.

by Anonymousreply 184July 24, 2020 12:13 AM

R183 yes we will and ironically as much as people, myself included, have hated on Golden (even though I never listened to the entire record, only Golden single and the other duet she released), some people actually liked it..judging by this YouTuber’s review. I might give it a listen it’s her only record I haven’t listened to fully since X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 24, 2020 12:18 AM

Just to get this really going: Janet Jackson wishes she had a one day hit on I-tunes. Madonna is so over now that she can’t dance or sing. Whitney lost her voice with her last album, destroying her legacy which is only a dolly parton song that was nothing but goofy. Mariah is a hack with a history of payola. Thank god we have Kylie - an olivia wanna be from australia selling an album called Disco with a stupid new wave knock off that is , um, not disco. Oh & she can’t sing. Can we now have an amazing melt down of middle age fags defending their spent divas? I love the madonna /janet/whitney / mariah uber fags. Celine is a freak. Gaga is a horseface bore. Britney is nuts. Katy perry can’t sell a song. Am i missing anyone? Thanks. Kisses. Fuck ya all.

by Anonymousreply 186July 24, 2020 2:00 AM

Wait, Kylie was engaged to Joshua Sasse for months before they broke it off, wasn't she?

[quote] Other than "Cant Get You Out of My Head" none of her song are catchy at all.

How can you listen to "I Should Be So Lucky" and not have it echoing through your head for days afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 187July 24, 2020 2:18 AM

My favorite gay diva stan was a tall thin almost gothic looking young man in Geneva Switzerland early 90s. I cruised him in a park where I saw his huge bulge. He invited me to his walkup in a modest mid-century workers' apartment building. In fact he's the world's biggest Sylvie Vartan fan and his apartment was covered with Vartan memorabilia. Also it was all done in glass and chrome étagères and white lacquer furniture, real tacky expensive Italian luxury stuff. Oh how he loved Vartan and oh how I loved his mega cock, easily 10+ inches (25cm).

Go ahead and stan stan stan your purple prose for Minogue. Whatever floats your boat. I mean he didn't even stan for Dalida, which I could have got behind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 24, 2020 2:19 AM

R188 my father worked in Paris for most of the 70’s. We stayed with mother in usa but all went over on vacations & summer. Anyway : my sister was a sylvie Vartan mega fan . There was even a sylvie doll that wore the Cher & Farrah doll clothes. She was obsessed! Thanks for the memories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 24, 2020 2:29 AM

Thanks for that, R186. Now scurry off and go listen to your Anne Murray albums.

by Anonymousreply 190July 24, 2020 2:39 AM

R190 ok. Better then kylie fucking minogue

by Anonymousreply 191July 24, 2020 3:07 AM

Kylie is way better than that horrible Pariah Scarey.

by Anonymousreply 192July 24, 2020 3:14 AM

I still love Kylie's first three singles in the U.S., and their music videos: I Should Be So Lucky, The Loco-motion, and It's No Secret.

by Anonymousreply 193July 24, 2020 3:18 AM

Now THIS is "Disco"!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 24, 2020 3:24 AM

A caftan, fan, AND turban? Sylvester ought to be Data Lounge's mascot!

by Anonymousreply 195July 24, 2020 3:38 AM

My favorite Kylie song. She co-wrote about late ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence, lead singer of INXS who died of accidental hanging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 24, 2020 3:41 AM

[quote] Kylie, Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are all that’s keeping Australian pop-culture in the global conversation.

Cate Blanchett, Margot Robbie, Toni Collette, Hemsworth C and Hemsworth L all want you to RACK OFF

by Anonymousreply 197July 24, 2020 5:27 AM

Midnight Oil

by Anonymousreply 198July 24, 2020 5:29 AM

R186 - I bet she’s a Liza or Judy Stan..someone old.

by Anonymousreply 199July 24, 2020 9:01 AM

[quote]My favorite Kylie song. She co-wrote about late ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence, lead singer of INXS who died of accidental hanging.

I can't stand Bittersweet Goodbye. It may be heartfelt but it's of the worst song's she's recorded. When I put Light Years onto my iPod I replaced it with Physical as track 7 and upgraded track 8 to the the superior Casino mix of Your Disco Needs You.

When it comes to Kylie ballads Dangerous Game is in a class of its own.

by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2020 10:01 AM

Like myself, it really is a grower, not a shower.

Lyric video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 24, 2020 10:42 AM

R199 no. I love kylie. I want the janet / madonna/ mariah /whitney bots to come on here & do their thing. Trying to stir some shit. Remember senseless bitchery? Remember this is DL? Remember nothing on here matters? It’s nice to see it worked pumpkin . Oh: Kylie’s old- she’s 52. Also: new song reminds me of crystallized - electro not Disco

by Anonymousreply 202July 24, 2020 2:04 PM

I like the lyric video... hopefully that bodes well for the actual video.

by Anonymousreply 203July 24, 2020 2:35 PM

She has had stronger tracks in recent years that made less noise -- "Right Here, Right Now", "I Was Gonna Cancel", etc. "Say Something" is not going to do what those much better songs could not. I believe she has a hit in her but this lead track is not it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 24, 2020 3:34 PM

That Right Here, Right Now track was sooooo good. When that didn't hit, it showed how bad music was as it stood out as being so much better than the shit that was on the radio at the time.

by Anonymousreply 205July 24, 2020 3:40 PM

R204 Kylie always has good, catchy, danceable songs on the records she releases, but she always seems to come out of the gate releasing the most bland ones, which kills any enthusiasm listeners might have for the album itself. It's like self sabotage.

Her "X" album is a perfect example. The first track she released from that was "All I See" - pleasant enough, but not memorable. She should have released "Wow" or "The One" first. That would have created momentum.

by Anonymousreply 206July 24, 2020 3:40 PM

The release of All The Lovers was a screw up too. It actually had first week sales that would have given a comfortable number 1, but it was released on a Wednesday so only half the sales were counted and the momentum fell.

by Anonymousreply 207July 24, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]I can guarantee you that this won't even chart on the Billboard Hot 100.

THIS^^^^

by Anonymousreply 208July 24, 2020 4:03 PM

I'll always have a soft spot for her because Fever was such a huge part of my youth soundtrack. But I agree with those saying the song is underwhelming. A bit too tame, I think, for American audiences. But maybe if she gained 200 pounds and poorly played the violin while screaming obscenities . . .?

by Anonymousreply 209July 24, 2020 6:24 PM

People are always mentioning Whitney's or Mariah's vocal decline, but does anyone think Kylie may be suffering from that some? I don't know what it is, but there's something just "not there" in her voice anymore. Obviously she's not exactly young anymore, but I feel like there isn't the same stamina in her voice. And I don't feel like she can hit the highs as well as she used to.

by Anonymousreply 210July 24, 2020 6:26 PM

R210 There was never a voice to big begin with (and I say that as someone who likes some of her songs).

by Anonymousreply 211July 24, 2020 6:33 PM

People thinking she cares if she charts in the US... maybe she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 212July 24, 2020 6:49 PM

R212 She may not be aiming for it, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be disappointed if she got another hit here. Unfortunately, in the U.S., there's not a big appetite for pop stars over 40, let alone over 50.

by Anonymousreply 213July 24, 2020 6:54 PM

R213 I don’t think she’s that aggressive and hungry. She may have been in the 90s until Fever but even then she’s was never hungry enough to like move to the US in then 90s and give it a go. If she was she’d have done it ages ago. I think her cancer diagnosis in the 00s may have also slowed her down but ironically may have also kept her career going because people care about her even more since,

by Anonymousreply 214July 24, 2020 7:31 PM

She actually did move to LA in the 90's but it wasn't to make it in the US. (Her records weren't even being released here,something people often forget when talking about her lack of US hits. You can't have hits here if you don't have a US label releasing your stuff ) She said she liked living here because no one knew who she was and that it was amusing to her because she could walk right past paparazzi on the street with not a single camera turned her way. I always thought that was charming. Most celebrities would have a breakdown over that.

by Anonymousreply 215July 24, 2020 10:28 PM

In 1989 they said: "To many industry and interested observers, she's a new Madonna in the making."

In her movie star debut, The Delinquents they tried a reverse of Grease, and hired an American actor to play her love interest over Ben Mendelsohn. Unfortunately, the actor was Charlie Schlatter whose career cooled.

A huge hit, and it gave us a sexier Kylie. And several hit songs on the soundtrack. But I don't think it was ever released in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 25, 2020 3:12 AM

Boring.

by Anonymousreply 217July 25, 2020 3:32 AM

She was a fat little thing in Pauly Shore's Bio Dome.

by Anonymousreply 218July 25, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]I can't stand Bittersweet Goodbye. It may be heartfelt but it's of the worst song's she's recorded.

Your opinion doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 219July 25, 2020 4:10 AM

I've always loved Kylie and her brand of sophisticated pop camp, but this track sounds more like a B-side than a lead single. Her albums always have gems, so I'm sure this new album will be no exception.

by Anonymousreply 220July 25, 2020 4:32 AM

I'm surprised by the muted response on here. Elsewhere online it seems to be getting ecstatic reviews from the gays. Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. Looking at Wikipedia it sounds like Jon Green was one of the cowriters. I LOVED his contributions to Golden, especially the non-country, but so good she couldn't resist putting it on the deluxe version of the album, "Lost Without You" -- it has a similar emoto-pop cinematic vibe as this song. I hope they keep working together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 25, 2020 4:51 AM

R186 / R202 -- I knew your post was satirical. 😘

by Anonymousreply 222July 25, 2020 4:54 AM

R219 i hate it too. & ocean blue. & password & cover me in kisses & love oat & koocachoo. Otherwise all in with light years

by Anonymousreply 223July 25, 2020 4:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 25, 2020 5:21 AM

R216 I like tears on my pillow and love the record she released in 89 - the whole record was awesome.

The new single is a grower for sure..very summery..love the chorus

Woah, woah, woah, woah, yeah (I can't help thinkin' 'bout ya) (I'm always thinkin' 'bout ya) Woah, woah, woah, woah, yeah S-s-s-say something, say something

by Anonymousreply 225July 25, 2020 1:21 PM

I like her less when it's a wall of sound production because her voice and all its processing comes out the same tone as the instrumentals.

I like her better in stripped down production settings. Her voice and its processing up front - that should be the focus.

by Anonymousreply 226July 25, 2020 2:41 PM

This is fun.

The first 10 seconds of all her lead singles.

Not sure the first one is correct though?

by Anonymousreply 227July 25, 2020 4:05 PM

^ Put the link in the signature! Duh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228July 25, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote]Not sure the first one is correct though?

Depends whether you identify as a Brit or an Australian.

The Locomotion was released in 1987 in Australia and its success led Kylie to fly to the UK to record with Stock Aitken Waterman, which obviously led to I Should Be So Lucky, the first single in the UK. The Locomotion was re-recorded with SAW and released as the third single in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 229July 25, 2020 4:12 PM

Okay, I offiicially have this song stuck in my head. It may not have a conventional pop song structure, but it's still definitely an earworm.

by Anonymousreply 230July 25, 2020 4:48 PM

I downloaded "Say Something." It's one that grows on you. I was "meh" when I first heard it, but now I'm starting to enjoy it

by Anonymousreply 231July 25, 2020 5:23 PM

Current Itunes chart positions. Not bad after 3 days.

iTunes: #1 Australia #2 Cyprus #2 Ireland #2 Panama #3 Slovenia #4 Hungary #5 United Kingdom #6 Mexico #7 Norway #8 Sweden #9 Brazil #9 France #9 Singapore #10 Greece #11 Netherlands #13 Denmark #16 Brunei Darussalam #18 Austria #19 New Zealand #19 Spain #26 Poland #28 Netherlands #29 Italy #33 Belgium #33 Germany #36 Finland #39 Switzerland #42 United Kingdom #42 Mexico #57 Canada #64 Australia #65 United States #66 Ireland #67 Brazil #103 Thailand #107 Spain #124 Italy #125 Taiwan #138 South Africa #166 France #166 Switzerland #168 Turkey #178 Hong Kong #193 Macau #270 Indonesia #375 Russia

by Anonymousreply 232July 25, 2020 9:54 PM

I know it was mentioned that Sophie Muller is directing the video. I feel like she might've directed the lyric video, too. It feels VERY Sophie. It's surprisingly high quality for just a lyrics video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 26, 2020 4:02 AM

I think about ya woah woah woah woah yeah

by Anonymousreply 234July 26, 2020 1:50 PM

It's ok. It doesn't grab me instantly like Better The Devil, I Believe In You and All The Lovers, but it's much better than Dancing or Into The Blue.

by Anonymousreply 235July 26, 2020 2:58 PM

It inspired me to listen to her 2003 album Body Language for the first time in ages. It’s still great.

by Anonymousreply 236July 26, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]In 1989 they said: "To many industry and interested observers, she's a new Madonna in the making."

EVERYONE was the New Madonna then. Debbie Gibson, Martika, Belinda Carlisle, Taylor Dayne, Tiffany, Robin Beck, Hazell Dean, Patsy Kensit, Paula Abdul, Enya, Wendy James, Lynne Hamilton, Rita McNeil, Carol Hitchcock, Spagna, Sabrina, Sonia and Sinitta.

SHE'S THE NEW MADONNA! they cried en masse.

Except for the likes of Kym Mazelle, Joyce Sims, Mica Paris and Karyn White, they were THE NEW WHITNEY.

by Anonymousreply 237July 26, 2020 5:00 PM

Still baffles me that American artists love Kylie but listeners don’t know her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 26, 2020 6:03 PM

R237 Also: Kim Wilde, Samantha Fox, Nena, Toyah, Liz Phair, Deborah Blando, Alannah Currie, Mandy Smith, Alison Goldfrapp. All new Madonnas! Credit where credit is due, Kylie is the only one who had any staying power and got bigger every decade 1980s - 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 239July 27, 2020 2:13 AM

R239 - I'd argue Goldfrapp had staying power. They were never massive (other than, perhaps, briefly in the Supernature era in the UK), but they've maintained their success over their roughly 20 year run. Speaking of which, they were undoubtedly an influence on Kylie's 2 Hearts.

by Anonymousreply 240July 27, 2020 3:21 AM

Kylie's influence on Australian culture was massive, both for actresses and singers. Most Australian female singers before Kylie were either tough rock chicks (like Chrissy Amphlett), or sensitive new-age crooners like Renee Geyer and Sharon O'Neill. There had been pretty, blonde actresses before Kylie, but the most actresses of the day were hard-looking women, some were as rough as guts. A different aesthetic entirely.

Singers like Tina Arena and Kate Ceberano readily found new young audiences for their music, and every new show had to have a hot young babe who could sell records on the side.

Kylie also suffered massively from Tall Poppy Syndrome in Australia. She was the figurehead for that phrase in the 80s, it became kind of a touchy subject in the Aussie media because they weren't standing by the talent they were producing. Luckily she was resilient. Whenever she changed her look or sound the Australian media were harsh.

by Anonymousreply 241July 27, 2020 4:54 AM

Interesting, R241 - she seems pretty beloved in Australia these days, though. I mean, why else was the country making her the figurehead of their tourism campaign last year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 27, 2020 5:40 AM

Beloved now. It got better but for years there was uneasiness. That's why when she escaped to the UK she didn't really come back much (if ever) in the first 10 years, until her career cooled a bit in the UK. When she went back home to promote Impossible Princess which was a big commercial and critical hit in Australia, and a personal triumph for her, the relationship became much better.

by Anonymousreply 243July 27, 2020 7:47 AM

[quote] Beloved now. It got better but for years there was uneasiness. That's why when she escaped to the UK she didn't really come back much (if ever) in the first 10 years, until her career cooled a bit in the UK. When she went back home to promote Impossible Princess which was a big commercial and critical hit in Australia, and a personal triumph for her, the relationship became much better.

One of the reasons she appreciates her fans is their loyalty. After Impossible Princess didn’t do well in the U.K. many people WANTED her to fail with the Light Years comeback., but she didn’t, and then came back even stronger with Fever. L

by Anonymousreply 244July 27, 2020 7:52 AM

To Kylie's huge credit, when things were bad in her home country, she did not complain or badmouth them. She took it on the chin, accepted it as it was and set about becoming better at what she did.

by Anonymousreply 245July 27, 2020 8:03 AM

Apparently this is slated as the 2nd killer disco single.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 1, 2020 1:03 AM

LOL @ R246. Also, this is very cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 2, 2020 6:48 AM

madonna why u stop givin us the fun party time disco ya ya tunes????? u did em so gooood.

sad

by Anonymousreply 248August 2, 2020 7:55 AM

r248 I got my head stuck very far up my own arse. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 249August 2, 2020 9:36 PM

Wonder if there’s a way for Louise Redknapp & Eternal to come back with a retro sound? It always seems to work as a formula - Kylie is the Queen of it, but it also worked for Girls Aloud, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Emma Bunton, Natalie Inbruglia, et al.

It’s so difficult to be on the pulse of anything new unless you have the best youngest producers and money to pay them, so looking back not forward is usually where the guaranteed money is. Or are those days over now?

Then again, seeing as Louise blatantly ripped off ‘Sexercise’ five years too late, perhaps there’s no way back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 3, 2020 10:18 AM

r250 - never heard of her. That song is actually pretty cute and she has an appealing voice, but not sure she has that certain star quality that Kylie has.

by Anonymousreply 251August 3, 2020 1:26 PM

I uh... I... don't know what to think about this. Guess the video won't be an understated affair...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 4, 2020 9:14 AM

R252 Filter much, Kylie?

by Anonymousreply 253August 4, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote]KYLIE MINOGUE Gives the Gays What They Want

Enormous cocks and coinslots?

Thank you Kylie!

by Anonymousreply 254August 4, 2020 5:18 PM

Speaking of Louise, r50, I laughed when I saw that she was suing the creators of Peppa Pig for ripping off 'Naked'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 4, 2020 5:36 PM

As I predicted, her new song "Say Something" didn't even chart on the Hot 100 in the US, and only charted at #82 in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 256August 4, 2020 7:57 PM

R255 lmao is that for real?

Suppose it’s a kind of compliment. Her two kids probably watched it when they were babies and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 4, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]As I predicted, her new song "Say Something" didn't even chart on the Hot 100 in the US, and only charted at #82 in the UK.

Not surprised about the US but I am surprised it flopped so bad in the UK (although it is a shitty song).

by Anonymousreply 258August 4, 2020 8:50 PM

R255 - that's hilarious. But, I guess Peppa's big business.

by Anonymousreply 259August 4, 2020 10:00 PM

Peppa Pig outsells that flop Kylie by a mile. Kylie has to sue that pig so she can pay her rent.

by Anonymousreply 260August 4, 2020 10:49 PM

Just realized Kylie is recycling her prop horse from the Aphrodite / Les Follies tour. How green of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 5, 2020 2:31 AM

Debuted at #19 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Top 50 Songs chart.

There are apparently rumors Kylie might also be on Dua Lipa's new album, which also features collabs with Missy Elliott, Gwen Stefani and Madame X herself. We'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 5, 2020 4:00 PM

R261, I thought it was the Pegasus from the Aphrodite Tour, as well, but some fans online are saying it's a different horse. Not the most important thing but the second I saw that photo, I thought, "Did she have it in storage somewhere?"

by Anonymousreply 263August 5, 2020 11:01 PM

Kylie relies on the kindness of songwriters. What songwriter would give up a potential hit song to Kylie when it could go to Ariana Grande ? They’ll give kylie an ok or blandly fine one & save the better one for ariana. So that’s what the new kylie song is & what her new album will be: bland but fine. She’ll do a tour , perform a few new songs & a lot of her past hits. Like her last few albums & her next few.

by Anonymousreply 264August 5, 2020 11:57 PM

R263 - I was just kidding. I didn't actually think she was reusing a prop from a 10 year old tour. I doubt the thing even exists anymore.

I wonder how Kylie's 'Toxic' would have turned out. I can't believe she passed on that song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 6, 2020 2:37 AM

[quote] What songwriter would give up a potential hit song to Kylie when it could go to Ariana Grande ?

Songwriters who like Kylie and know she will perform it well, who want their song to appear on a hit album, who know it will be performed on tour.

by Anonymousreply 266August 6, 2020 6:03 AM

Savage Garden aren’t together anymore, but if they were I’d go apeshit for a Kylie collab with them. It’d be like the zenith of Gay-interest Aussie Pop.

Imagine how good Kylie would sound singing ‘To The Moon and Back’, or Darren singing ‘Confide in Me’😭😭

Darren even wrote and pitched a song for Kylie years ago, but her label didn’t like it. Too bad!

by Anonymousreply 267August 6, 2020 10:55 AM

This is going to be so CAMP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 6, 2020 7:43 PM

R66 and also songwriters who don't want their stuff performed by a screeching fucking whore-midget.

by Anonymousreply 269August 6, 2020 9:52 PM

R267 who the hell cares about savage fucking garden. Talk about random.

by Anonymousreply 270August 7, 2020 3:42 AM

R269 is a touch crass. That said, it is somewhat amusing to me that, if you've ever had the good fortune to see Kylie up close in person (I once was on the catering staff for a party she attended) you realize HOW tiny she is in person. But, then, if you've ever seen her in concert she doesn't seem so tiny on stage. Yes, there are heels and styling and appropriately designed sets and lighting and everything, but most of all, it's just good old fashioned star presence. Can't fake that.

by Anonymousreply 271August 7, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote]@kylieminogue sets new career-high marks with her new single "Say Something" on both the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs and Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 7, 2020 4:35 AM

It's on right now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 7, 2020 9:03 AM

Hmm, it seems Kylie was in the YouTube live chat during the premiere of the video. Or at least someone official from her verified YT account was posting LOVE YOU and MISS YOU

by Anonymousreply 274August 7, 2020 9:11 AM

Sophie Muller needs to retire. She's directed some BEAUTIFUL music videos for great female artists from Annie Lennox to Sade, Bjork, to PJ Harvey and massive pop stars... and many of them on modest budgets. But this? This was kinda messy and all over the place. I'm surprised Kylie greenlit this... she usually has better taste. The song is so good -- perhaps the most sophisticated thing she's released in a decade, but the video is amateur hour. Oh, well, she's still charming as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 275August 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Mmmm, I'm a little underwhelmed. I guess I was expecting more iconic moments form the video.

Still love the song though, and I'm sure the album will be a freakin cracker!

by Anonymousreply 276August 7, 2020 11:10 AM

[quote]Sophie Muller needs to retire. She's directed some BEAUTIFUL music videos for great female artists from Annie Lennox to Sade, Bjork, to PJ Harvey and massive pop stars... and many of them on modest budgets. But this? This was kinda messy and all over the place. I'm surprised Kylie greenlit this... she usually has better taste. The song is so good -- perhaps the most sophisticated thing she's released in a decade, but the video is amateur hour. Oh, well, she's still charming as fuck.

Did you know there's a global pandemic and there are strictly enforced laws around human interaction?

by Anonymousreply 277August 7, 2020 1:15 PM

Sure, that affects things like personnel, extras, dancers, locations. It doesn't affect taste levels and editing skills and post-production choices. It's not a knock on Kylie, who is lovely, but on Sophie Muller who just isn't a very inspired director.

by Anonymousreply 278August 7, 2020 2:18 PM

The part where she’s lying/covered in the gold sheet or whatever looks like it could have been shot 20 years ago. She looks really young there like it’s been edited/softened to death. Love Kylie. I hope she never retires. In a recent interview, she was saying she was asking herself if she can really still do this.

by Anonymousreply 279August 7, 2020 4:18 PM

[quote]Sophie Muller who just isn't a very inspired director.

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 7, 2020 4:23 PM

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 7, 2020 4:24 PM

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282August 7, 2020 4:24 PM

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 7, 2020 4:26 PM

I want cake....I'm waiting.

by Anonymousreply 284August 7, 2020 4:28 PM

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 7, 2020 4:28 PM

FUCK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 7, 2020 4:29 PM

R279 Kylie learned a while ago that when you lie on your back, everything falls to the sides and you look younger. She lies down in a lot of her videos nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 287August 7, 2020 4:34 PM

It helps to watch the video on the highest definition your ISP can handle. The clarity helps with all those sparkle-attack effects. It still doesn't really stop it looking like a tour background video, but, I guess it was tough to do anything more elaborate in the midst of a pandemic. Also, yes, Sophie Muller has some very solid videos in her catalog, but going back to the 80s, 90s and 2000s, but if you look at the totality of her work there are a LOT of duds. In terms of quality, she's pretty inconsistent. Anyway, Kylie rocks

by Anonymousreply 288August 7, 2020 4:53 PM

The video visuals seem to accentuate the voice processing - sharp and metallic.

by Anonymousreply 289August 7, 2020 5:17 PM

I don't dislike the video at all. It's a bit cheap, a bit trashy, but fun, just like our little Kylie. Sophie Muller's done some amazing work previously and I suspect she does best when collaborating with other professionals. This is clearly a corona era music video with a minimal crew behind it. Still, the video supports the song perfectly and in the end it does have some gorgeous imagery.

by Anonymousreply 290August 7, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]What a thorough joy it is to have Kylie back from the country music hinterlands. Say Something is a quasi-disco bop with a slightly saccharine post-quarantine sentiment that in anyone else’s hands would be a huge eye-roll, but Kylie – the best and purest of us all – carries it perfectly. It makes me want to drink one too many rum and Cokes and hug everyone I know. Even the dickheads!

-The Guardian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291August 8, 2020 3:16 AM

From the Today Show. I don't know if Hoda wrote this one or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292August 8, 2020 3:19 AM

It really aggravates me how women are introduced in articles with their age. It is purposefully inviting us to make a conclusion on their physical appearance.

Does this happen to men?

People are fuckwits.

Thank you for listening to my TEDtalk.

by Anonymousreply 293August 8, 2020 6:45 PM

I mean, that's one way to look at it, R293. And, you're not wrong. Not to mention that... they're STILL talking about her breast cancer? But the other way to look at it, hey, American media's giving her coverage. Get that coin, Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 294August 8, 2020 9:32 PM

interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295August 9, 2020 8:36 PM

Kylie alwys delivers such fun positive shows ! hurrah!

by Anonymousreply 296August 10, 2020 8:09 AM

Um. This acoustic version (with new vocals) is gorgeous! And, hats off for Kylie for producing and engineering her own vocals from her home. The message is from "Biffco" Biff Stannard, her longtime co-writer and producer, who co-wrote and produced Say Something with her and Jon Green. Biff goes way back with Kylie having written/co-written and produced songs like In My Arms, In Your Eyes, Light Years, Love At First Sight, The One

[quote]Hoping everyone enjoys the acoustic version. We rebuilt the track from scratch and recorded a completely new lead vocal. Kylie recorded and engineered all the vocals herself at her new home studio. 🎤 #skills #loveislove #saysomething #biffco #producer #write -Biffco on Instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297August 14, 2020 5:34 AM

why did they make an acoustic version of a song that doesn't have a melody?

by Anonymousreply 298August 14, 2020 5:49 AM

🤷 I think it's really pretty. And I'm not usually a fan of acoustic versions of pop and dance songs. Kinda cool that she recorded a new vocal for it, too.

by Anonymousreply 299August 14, 2020 10:32 PM

Now that she has set up a recording studio in her home, we might get lots of little gems in the future.

She really has a lot of control over her career.

by Anonymousreply 300August 14, 2020 10:51 PM

R35 Madonna has copied absolutely everyone every moment of her career. Once I realized that, I was no longer a fan. And that she's just a fucking miserable cunt didn't help. Every album since "Confessions" being absolute garbage ALSO didn't help.

In the meantime, I have become a Kylie fan. And being a genuinely kind person goes a long way. Madonna never learned that, because isn't genuinely anything, aside from being a genuine cunt.

by Anonymousreply 301August 14, 2020 11:01 PM

I wonder if there are any plans to release remixes. A Purple Disco Machine remix would be a perfect match.

by Anonymousreply 302August 15, 2020 6:34 PM

The Honest Vocal Coach really likes Say Something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 15, 2020 11:50 PM

But she REALLY likes the acoustic version. Honestly, Kylie should just be in charge of engineering her own vocals moving forward, pandemic or no pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 15, 2020 11:50 PM

^ Agree!!

by Anonymousreply 305August 17, 2020 8:48 PM

Just casually hanging out at The Ritz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 17, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote]last week, i got to speak to pop music icon and living legend @kylieminogue (!!!!) for an exclusive interview for @i_D. we talked about her new album "disco", making a record in quarantine and what she wants her career to mean post glastonbury -alim kheraj, VICE News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 20, 2020 2:57 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 308August 20, 2020 3:19 PM

But she needs to talk about her wet-ass pussy to be relevant to the kids, right? RIGHT????!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 20, 2020 3:29 PM

Come on now, R309. I hardly think Kylie would engage in slut shaming. Although she's perhaps aging a bit more gracefully than others, this is also the woman of the Spinning Around hot pants, of purposefully staging a live MTV awards performance so the camera could look up her dress, who... not that long ago... made Sexercise.

by Anonymousreply 310August 21, 2020 2:09 AM

Don't know why this is "unlisted," but really cool seeing the behind the scenes from the video. I really like the video, but it's nice to see some of these scenes and set ups without all the post production effects. And, damn, does she look beautiful throughout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311August 21, 2020 4:43 AM

"it's nice to see some of these scenes and set ups without all the post production effects."

Agreed. Love the song but the video gives me a headache. Kudus to creating something so beautiful and certainly different from the usual fashion show most music videos have become, but all the endless quick cuts and the sparkles really hurt my eyes. (And is that red dress even in the video?) Seeing this makes me wish there was an alternate video with just the effects that showed in the camera via the lenses rather than all the effects added afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 312August 21, 2020 9:39 PM

YAS, KYLIE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 24, 2020 5:51 AM

Fab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 24, 2020 5:51 AM

Wish we'd seen more of this look in the vid....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 24, 2020 5:51 AM

This is how a pop star ages. Meanwhile on Instagram, Madonna has a face that is so filtered it looks CGI. And Grandma Hands.

Kylie is at peace.

Madonna is a cesspool of inner and outer hate.

by Anonymousreply 316August 24, 2020 5:57 AM

Madonna is a full 10 years older than Kylie R316. There's a big difference in aging between 52 and 62.

I'm certainly not going to defend whatever Madonna has done to her face though.

This was Madonna is 2010 at the age of 52. Not too bad.

Let's chat about what Kylie looks like in 2030 because she's never been shy about plastic surgery and botox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317August 24, 2020 9:12 AM

Here's a young millennial discovering our Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318September 5, 2020 9:56 PM

[Quote] I've seen some discourse about the album cover and that it looks off, cheap. But, really, anyone with knowledge of popstars knows that Kylie is in on the joke.

I don't think that's in doubt but the album cover is still shit.

by Anonymousreply 319September 5, 2020 10:09 PM

The album cover's actually grown on me, though she looks fab in these new pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320September 5, 2020 10:14 PM

I like the cover!

BTW has anybody tried Kylie wines??

I imagine they start off a little chirpy but age well, with grace and dignity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 5, 2020 10:38 PM

[Quote] BTW has anybody tried Kylie wines??

The small print reads: May cause cancer.

by Anonymousreply 322September 5, 2020 10:39 PM

r322 you're an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 323September 6, 2020 12:06 AM

Kylie has wines?

I have a skincare line! Try my MDNA Charcoal mask. It doubles as blackface so you can be ironic!

by Anonymousreply 324September 6, 2020 5:17 AM

She does. Get that coin, Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 6, 2020 9:10 PM

Apparently she's performing 'Say Something' on the Jimmy Fallon show on the 16th.

Not a bad gig it it's true.

by Anonymousreply 326September 12, 2020 12:55 PM

Oh, wow. That's a big booking. Wouldn't have expected her to be doing much US promo. And it looks like it's true. She's listed on Fallon's site as a guest for the 16th along with Sharon Stone and Shaquille O'Neal

by Anonymousreply 327September 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Now THIS is how you make an entrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 12, 2020 5:50 PM

[Quote] Wouldn't have expected her to be doing much US promo.

In the internet age, it's international promo. I expect it is easier to get such gigs in COVID times as a lost of artists are holding off releasing. Someone called Madison Beer was on Fallon or Corden recently.

by Anonymousreply 329September 13, 2020 5:29 AM

^ Yes, r328!! I still can't figure out how they got rid of the roll of duct tape so quickly on the hand grip, though.

by Anonymousreply 330September 13, 2020 2:04 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 331September 13, 2020 8:32 PM

It is interesting that her first live performance for this album will be on American TV. I think most of her first live performances were in the UK for 'Golden'.

by Anonymousreply 332September 13, 2020 9:33 PM

R332 - assume she'll have some UK promo lined up close to the album release. I imagine BMG is hoping for a third straight #1 UK album with Kylie after Golden and Step Back In Time, so will be hyper-focused on UK promo closer to the album release. Just an assumption.

by Anonymousreply 333September 13, 2020 9:50 PM

GORGEOUS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334September 13, 2020 9:59 PM

So, it looks like it will be a performance and not just an interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335September 14, 2020 7:29 PM

[quote][R332] - assume she'll have some UK promo lined up close to the album release. I imagine BMG is hoping for a third straight #1 UK album with Kylie after Golden and Step Back In Time, so will be hyper-focused on UK promo closer to the album release. Just an assumption.

Kylie has had number 1 albums in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s, Having another number 1 album in the 20s would give her a record. At present only Paul Weller, Lennon and McCartney have managed it over 5 consecutive decades but as she self identifies as a woman, Kylie Ann would be the first female to do it, and the only person credited under one stage name and not including groups they were part of.

by Anonymousreply 336September 14, 2020 8:24 PM

That's a fun bit of trivia, R336! Well, here's hoping. DL "favorite" Andy Cohen apparently had Kylie on his radio show (he has a radio show?) today. No idea if the full thing is available anywhere, but here's the inevitable, cliche questions about Madonna because an American can't talk to Kylie without bringing up M. Kylie... gracious as ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337September 14, 2020 9:14 PM

Jesus Christ why does Andy ALWAYS have to bring up Madonna all the time??? He’s the definition of an elder gay living in the past. Kylie was a good sport to not let herself get annoyed by dummy Andy asking about Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 338September 14, 2020 9:23 PM

Fabulous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 17, 2020 5:02 AM

Lipsync to prerecorded "live" vocal?

by Anonymousreply 340September 17, 2020 5:07 AM

Nope. Singing live to a track. That's very clear from all the adlibs. Kylie doesn't have a massive or earth shattering voice, but she's always been a very solid live vocalist (see: basically, all her tour videos)

by Anonymousreply 341September 17, 2020 5:24 AM

Oh, sorry, I misread you, R340. You were asking if she pre-recorded a live vocal and then mimed to her pre-recorded live vocal. Hmmm. Obviously the track and the backing vocals are all pre-recorded, but I think she was singing live to the track.

by Anonymousreply 342September 17, 2020 5:25 AM

A good performance I thought!

She's gone with an 80s vibe.......I wonder if that will continue through the era?

by Anonymousreply 343September 17, 2020 9:12 PM

Apparently it was actually filmed on antique equipment. Love her commitment!

[quote]Thanks for having me @jimmyfallon. Watch the full #SAYSOMETHING performance back on his YouTube channel. (link in stories) ✨ Filmed on an 80’s BBC news camera (😳❤️📺) wearing an Antony Price dress from 1983!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 17, 2020 10:57 PM

New single out on Thursday. 'Magic'.

It's not a cover of ONJ's classic.

by Anonymousreply 345September 21, 2020 9:17 PM

Hmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 21, 2020 9:23 PM

A return to her "Better the Devil You Know" era?

by Anonymousreply 347September 21, 2020 9:25 PM

She looks nice here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 23, 2020 12:23 PM

I like this image but I wouldn't have cropped it as aggressively as the fan who made this cover did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349September 23, 2020 2:53 PM

Aggressive cropping is a sin!

by Anonymousreply 350September 23, 2020 3:21 PM

It throws the image balance out of whack, dear.

by Anonymousreply 351September 23, 2020 3:38 PM

I like what this fan did with the fake back cover to Magic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 23, 2020 3:41 PM

The video is out tomorrow too!!!

by Anonymousreply 353September 23, 2020 8:35 PM

Woah. Someone at Kylie HQ has their shit together. It's usually a big wait between the premiere of the song and the video. If this screenshot is anything to go by... it's going to be amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354September 24, 2020 3:08 AM

Here's the video.

I'm a bit flat about it after 'Say Something'.....maybe I'm in a bad mood, but I'm just not feeling it really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 24, 2020 6:16 PM

On early listens, it's rather pedestrian. It may be a grower. The video is more watchable than the one for "Say Something." I actually got a pang during the middle 8 - George Michael, bopping on the dancefloor for "Outside", popped into my head.

by Anonymousreply 356September 24, 2020 6:22 PM

Biffco should have recycled some of those unissued MKS tracks for Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 357September 24, 2020 6:23 PM

Big black dick?

by Anonymousreply 358September 24, 2020 6:24 PM

This new song is actually super happy and exactly what I needed. And the video is really fun too.

by Anonymousreply 359September 24, 2020 7:45 PM

I just discovered this week that "The Locomotion", which Kylie covered, was co-written by Carole King. Mind = blown.

by Anonymousreply 360September 24, 2020 10:24 PM

R360 You do realize The Locomotion was first recorded in 1962 by Little Eva, right? Kylie's version is a cover.

by Anonymousreply 361September 24, 2020 10:37 PM

I probably qualify as a Kylie stan. I mean, I started this damn thread. Magic... just isn't IT for me. It's so... limp. I don't know who her collaborators were on this particular track, but I really hope they don't have a ton of credits on the album. I hope Say Something is more representative of the album. This shit is just... the B-side of a fourth single.

by Anonymousreply 362September 24, 2020 10:42 PM

[Quote] I just discovered this week that "The Locomotion", which Kylie covered, was co-written by Carole King. Mind = blown.

Do you only know Carole King from "Tapestry"?

by Anonymousreply 363September 24, 2020 11:18 PM

I wasn't taken by it at first. . .but I can not stop listening to it now. Some songs are growers. I love this one.

by Anonymousreply 364September 24, 2020 11:23 PM

Magic is better than Say Something but they’re boring overall.

by Anonymousreply 365September 24, 2020 11:24 PM

I knew that Kylie's version was a cover and that Carole King wrote loads of songs for other artists, but "Locomotion" sounds completely different from her usual stuff to me. It sounds like a novelty song.

by Anonymousreply 366September 24, 2020 11:40 PM

What is Carole King's usual stuff? Does "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman" sound like "Take Good Care of My Baby"? Does "I Can't Hear You No More" sound like "Pleasant Valley Sunday"?

by Anonymousreply 367September 24, 2020 11:45 PM

[Quote] Magic is better than Say Something

Lies!

by Anonymousreply 368September 24, 2020 11:45 PM

Meh-gic

by Anonymousreply 369September 25, 2020 1:30 AM

R365 - I'm so sorry to hear about your hearing loss and I wish you all the best on this journey.

by Anonymousreply 370September 25, 2020 2:15 AM

The new song kind of reminds me of a 1970s television theme song.

by Anonymousreply 371September 25, 2020 3:29 AM

It's growing on my a little bit now.

I guess it's a grower, not a shower.

by Anonymousreply 372September 25, 2020 10:58 AM

R371 I thought the same thing! It almost sounds like it's sampling a bit from The Love Boat theme.

by Anonymousreply 373September 25, 2020 11:10 AM

R373 Actually, I think it's sampling from the Hills Street Blues theme song. That's it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 25, 2020 11:13 AM

I'm actually excited about this album.

by Anonymousreply 375September 25, 2020 11:18 AM

R373 I'm picking up a Bette Midler 1979 "Hang On In There, Baby" vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376September 25, 2020 11:20 AM

I thought this disc was for September and now is see late November. ???

by Anonymousreply 377September 25, 2020 11:27 AM

The song Magic and the video are quite weak sauce. The video looks cheap, even if that's on purpose, and the song sounds cheap. Like something I'd hear on a radio in a Kebab shop.

by Anonymousreply 378September 25, 2020 11:31 AM

R377 - Was always slated for November.

by Anonymousreply 379September 25, 2020 1:03 PM

[Quote] I thought this disc was for September

Maybe you're thinking of Roisin Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 380September 25, 2020 1:06 PM

r378 - afraid I agree. I don't know why she keeps working with Sophie Muller... she's so hit and miss as a director. Maybe it's time to work with someone younger and hungrier -- with more creative edge. Like the couple who co-directed her stunning Get Outta My Way video. Yeah, budgets probably aren't what they were then, but great creative artists can do a lot with a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381September 25, 2020 1:18 PM

"Magic" is growing on me. The first time I listened to it, it sounded kind of slow and lazy. But after a few listens, I found myself getting into it and liking the smooth groove of it.

by Anonymousreply 382September 25, 2020 3:15 PM

I guess my problem is if the songcraft is this lazy, the production has to be brilliant, but the production feels so bland and characterless, too. Anyway, I'm sure there are other gems on the album, this one is just too basic for me.

by Anonymousreply 383September 25, 2020 7:26 PM

The video is SO lame. So underscaled. It opens with short cut of Kylie in each of the dumb looks she will wear in the video. Then she is sitting on an upholstered arm chair (barely readable as 70s disco era furniture) with 2 undersized gold panther statues, an two folding metallic screens that look leftover from the coffee bar in a gay sauna in middle europa, 1983. The two floor lamp brass palm lamps behind her are nice classic pieces but too small in scale for this shot. It's downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 384September 25, 2020 7:35 PM

R384 To be fair, this video, like the last one, were done under COVID conditions. I'm sure it wasn't easy. I think the video's okay.

by Anonymousreply 385September 25, 2020 7:36 PM

The first video wasn't done under COVID lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 386September 25, 2020 7:39 PM

If you're going for lowbudget disco breakdown, embrace it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 25, 2020 7:42 PM

R386 Yes, dear, it certainly was. Read all about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 25, 2020 7:42 PM

Jessie Ware has completed outclassed her this era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389September 25, 2020 7:55 PM

Did you see the dancer version of that one? Well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390September 25, 2020 7:58 PM

And the white boy dancing in the bowling alley? I love this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391September 25, 2020 7:58 PM

And Jessie is also delivering on the remix front. I guess Kylie spent some of the budget on her wine business?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 25, 2020 7:59 PM

Yes, the bowling one is my favourite of the dance videos.

by Anonymousreply 393September 25, 2020 7:59 PM

Regarding the title of this thread. I'm gay, and Kylie is NOT giving me what I want. There's ZERO gay chic to the song and video of Magic. it's not sexy. It's not sleazy. It's not amusingly camp. It's not chic. Why are they line dancing?

by Anonymousreply 394September 25, 2020 8:06 PM

Jessie Ware's talented and her album is very good, but she doesn't really have that 'it' star quality.

I'm fairly confident this single is going to be a minor blip and the album, as a whole, will be very good. Hopefully Say Something is more indicative of the album's quality. But, I think using Covid restrictions as an excuse for the serviceable songwriting and anemic production of Magic isn't going to fly. Especially following on the heels of the far superior Say Something. It also isn't an excuse for Sophie Muller's sometimes bafflingly awful choices in editing, lighting and overall framing of shots. Other than those shots of Kylie in that gorgeous Paco Rabanne dress, the video's a bit all over the place.

Anyway, this is still Kylie. She'll deliver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395September 25, 2020 10:56 PM

Ugh disappointed with this song. “Say something” was a much more superior and sophisticated song, so much so, most people didn’t catch on to it. This one though, “Magic” is reductive.

by Anonymousreply 396September 25, 2020 11:06 PM

R394 Is this more to your liking?

I think I was expecting a camptastic 2nd single like this kitsch masterpiece, that's why I'm feeling a little underwhelmed. However, I think Magic will click with the masses, which I guess is the point of a single?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397September 25, 2020 11:15 PM

Magic... it’s fine but kinda boring. It sounds low budget, like they couldn’t get expensive producers. Like a song from the early 80s, production wise.

by Anonymousreply 398September 26, 2020 12:08 AM

This old one was attractively shot. So many Kylie videos are on the same template.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399September 26, 2020 12:17 AM

Her light disco sound a decade ago was more convincing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 26, 2020 12:19 AM

Try twenty years ago, dear.

by Anonymousreply 401September 26, 2020 12:32 AM

oh yeah right!

by Anonymousreply 402September 26, 2020 12:34 AM

Her videos never were that great.

by Anonymousreply 403September 26, 2020 3:09 AM

R403 - that's silly. She's had some stinkers, but she's also delivered some absolutely brilliant videos.....

Can't Get You Out of My Head

Love At First Sight

Come Into My World

Slow

Get Outta My Way

by Anonymousreply 404September 26, 2020 9:16 AM

I was pretty cool to 'Magic' and I still think 'Say Something' is far superior and far more sophisticated....but... 'Magic' is kinda growing on me. It does feel like it's tailor made for 40 and 50-something UK Mums, but that little earworm has wiggled its way into my consciousness. No doubt, Kylie's charm has a lot to do with it -- won't be the first time she's elevated the material with her charm and presence. Hopefully not everything on the album is this lightweight, though.

by Anonymousreply 405September 26, 2020 4:51 PM

Put Yourself In My Place.

by Anonymousreply 406September 26, 2020 4:52 PM

Stans be stunning! "I'm really coming around to this absolute charmer!"

by Anonymousreply 407September 26, 2020 5:05 PM

Love this look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408September 27, 2020 7:17 AM

Werk!

by Anonymousreply 409September 27, 2020 10:35 AM

Her new single "Magic" is, well, magic. Critically acclaimed already. Pure Kylie.

I also didn't like the country album but understood her need to do it and it was successful for her. The album that came before that, "Kiss Me Once" was a bomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 30, 2020 9:40 PM

I love her homage to Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface in her new music video.

by Anonymousreply 411September 30, 2020 9:40 PM

I didn't realize that Jessie Ware, who had her own lovely disco album out earlier this year, hosts a podcast with her mum. Kylie was the guest on their most recent episode and, apparently, Jessie was let her inner Kylie fangirl flag fly. Haven't listened yet. Saving it for a walk tonight, but figured others may enjoy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412September 30, 2020 10:37 PM

Jessie also has a cookbook.

by Anonymousreply 413September 30, 2020 10:45 PM

On the heels of the successful debut of Kylie Minogue Wines, the pop superstar is getting ready to launch a new line of Kylie Minogue dual-use drapes and caftans exclusively at Aldi stores nationwide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 4, 2020 7:45 PM

r414 That should be popular with DL'ers.

by Anonymousreply 415October 5, 2020 3:27 PM

I'm holding out for the Kylie bidet and accessories range.

by Anonymousreply 416October 5, 2020 4:54 PM

Caftans? Guy, why didn't we do those??

by Anonymousreply 417October 6, 2020 1:21 AM

Kylie (or, I suppose a BMG intern) has been DM'ing superfans on their social accounts with teasers for the Disco tracklist. Kinda silly, but still, that would be cute to get Kylie sliding into your DMs. Also, random, but I really like that chair she's sitting in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418October 7, 2020 5:48 PM

Here's the track listing...

1. Magic - 4:10 (Michelle Buzz, Daniel Davidsen, Peter Wallevik, Teemu Brunila)

2. Miss A Thing - 3:56 (Ally Ahern, Teemu Brunila, Nico Hartikainen)

3. Real Groove - 3:14 (Alida Gaprestad, Teemu Brunila, Nico Hartikainen)

4. Monday Blues - 3:09 (Linslee Campbell, Meagan Cottone, Daniel Shah, Sky Adams)

5. Supernova - 3:17 (Maegan Cottone, Sky Adams)

6. Say Something - 3:32 (Jon Green, Ash Howes, Biff)

7. Last Chance - 3:03 (Maegan Cottone, Sky Adams)

8. I Love It - 3:50 (Biff, Duck Blackwell)

9. Where Does The DJ Go? - 3:01 (Danny Shah, Sky Adams, Kiris Houston)

10. Dancefloor Darling - 3:12 (Linslee Campbell, Maegan Cottone, Sky Adams)

11. Unstoppable - 3:34 (Fiona Bevan, Troy Miller)

12. Celebrate You - 3:41 (Maegan Cottone, Danny Shah, Sky Adams)

13. Till You Love Somebody - (Linslee Campbell, Sky Adams, Teemu Brunila)

14. Fine Wine - (Maegan Cottone, Sky Adams)

15. Hey Lonely - (Maegan Cottone, Sky Adams)

16. Spotlight - (Danny Shah, Kiris Houston, Sky Adams)

by Anonymousreply 419October 8, 2020 9:13 PM

DANCE FLOOR DARLING

EIGHT PINTS OF CARLING

INCREDIBLY ALARMING

ON A PENNY FARTHING

by Anonymousreply 420October 8, 2020 9:17 PM

R419 - is that REAL? LOL at Kylie just going in for that Kylie Minogue Wines plug on track 14!

Remember when she took a bit part in San Andreas just to promote 'Get Outta My Way'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421October 8, 2020 9:27 PM

I got one of the "private" messages sharing a song title this morning. I have to say, the record company is really doing a good job. Not just this album but they did well with Golden and last years greatest hits collection. I mean, who buys greatest hits collections in the age of Spotify playlists? Yet, it was a hit. Kudos, them.

by Anonymousreply 422October 9, 2020 1:27 AM

I wanted him to remix Say Something. He's one of my favorite dj/producers of the last several years, but this is lackluster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423October 9, 2020 2:43 AM

'Infinite Disco'

Worldwide performance spectacular!

Spectacular, spectacular, it's part of the vernacular...

Is this a good strategy in the era of lock downs?

Are the young kids doing this?

Should I pay?

Are you going to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424October 19, 2020 8:28 PM

R424 - fun! I'm gonna get a ticket. Yes, a lot of artists are doing these right now.

by Anonymousreply 425October 20, 2020 12:59 AM

Okay, the description of this actually sounds, potentially, really good. More details on the Live streaming show here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 20, 2020 1:53 AM

The only singing budgie song I ever genuinely liked was Chocolate - that song was a fucking masterpiece and had a great video to go along with it! That's the kind of music she should be doing now at her age - sexy, moody pop. This disco shit is tired as hell, the songs all sound super cheap and she's too old for it. She's starting to remind me of that crazy grandma (Disco Sally?) who frequented Studio 54 and dropped dead in the middle of the dancefloor one night.

It's sad that even her 20-year-old disco songs from Light Years sound fresher and more inspired than these new ones.

by Anonymousreply 427October 20, 2020 4:26 AM

Kylie is apparently also on the new Mirwais album.

by Anonymousreply 428October 21, 2020 1:44 AM

What is a 'Mirwais'?

by Anonymousreply 429October 21, 2020 6:41 AM

Mirwais = French musician and producer. Best known for his work with Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 430October 21, 2020 2:56 PM

This In Your Eyes mix (which, one assumes, she's performing on the livestream concert thingy) sounds great. Apparently Steve Anderson (who works on her tours) and the wonderful Biffco are behind these live performance arrangements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 21, 2020 8:59 PM

She actually sang live since she was young. I'm surprised that she never could break the US market. She is cute, pretty, blonde, charismatic, wholesome but sexy and a million times more likable and attractive than Madonna. Wham/George Michael, Rick Astley, The Culture Club, INXS and Nick Cave all had success in The US but Kylie didn't for some reason except for Locomotion and Can't Get You Out Of My Head. She's the female Robbie Williams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432October 22, 2020 2:40 AM

R432 I remember watching that performance live as a youngen'. Loved it! The Aussie media and public were so mean to her back in the day. Now who's laughing bitches?

by Anonymousreply 433October 22, 2020 9:13 PM

The performance of Look My Way has made me look up the Anti Tour videos.

I didn't get to go but seeing her singing some of her old album tracks why the audience sing along with every word. The I'm Over Dreaming/Always Find The Time section is my favourite. Pure joy.

This is another reason why her fans love her.

I understand why Madonna didn't want her shows to become a Farewell Tour No Really It's A Farewell Tour Honest Definitely The Last Time Greatest Hits artist when she's releasing new music, but just imagine the reaction if she performed at a smaller venue and the opening song was Jimmy Jimmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 22, 2020 9:33 PM

Kylie must have gotten more rock cred when she did collabs with her then-bf Michael Hutchence and Nick Cave. She showed she's more than a pop tart and open to trying new styles just like Janet and Madonna were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435October 22, 2020 11:59 PM

R435 - Kylie will, of course, first and foremost, be a pop star, but it can be fun when she rocks out, as she did multiple times on the Golden tour. I don't even like Kids, but it really rocked on this tour (guess YT has scrubbed all copies of the DVD performance)....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436October 23, 2020 12:36 AM

Her Confide In Me performance from that tour really rocked out, too. (Again, see the DVD footage for the full experience)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 23, 2020 12:54 AM

And, then, last year, she did Bowie proud with this Fashion/Slow mashup. Honestly, I wouldn't say no to a rock-pop album from her one day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438October 23, 2020 12:55 AM

MMM, she's just released a 3rd song (don't think it's a single) from 'Disco'.

Do you love it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 23, 2020 7:39 AM

I love Kylie but I am not feeling this era at all.

This new song sounds like it was made on a cheap computer.

by Anonymousreply 440October 23, 2020 7:46 AM

Hmmmm. R439 - it's.... cute. It's definitely the right choice not to make it a single. I love the strings and the horns and the (Latin-dance-pop?) influenced elements of the chorus. It feels like a turn of millennium take on disco, like an intentional nod to her Light Years / Fever days. I'm fine with it as long as everything on the album isn't this light. I'd like some slightly harder stuff -- think Moroder -- when talking about disco.

by Anonymousreply 441October 23, 2020 1:08 PM

The song's kinda grown on me. She sounds so good in the second half of the song, too. Not sure why Biffco buried those vocals in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 442October 26, 2020 5:54 AM

This is random but Kylie recorded a cover of fellow Aussie Troye Sivan's 'Cool' for Apple Music. Nothing to do with Disco, really, but it's lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443October 29, 2020 7:00 PM

"Cool" is so much better than "Magic" or "I Love It." If she can't afford top songwriters any more she should a covers album of little know songs - call it something like "Hidden Treasures." I bet most Kylie fans have never heard the song "Cool" before.

by Anonymousreply 444October 29, 2020 7:06 PM

Thanks R443, that is quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 445October 29, 2020 8:57 PM

I *THINK* the excerpt at the start of this clip is Kylie's 'Say Something' performance from her upcoming Infinite Disco live stream. They don't explicitly say it is, but I assume that's the case, rather than her filming this performance especially for this ABC (Aussie) TV show. If so, it looks great! I'm kinda relieved to see it has element of live performance and doesn't just look like one long music video. Plus, that looks like a big choir backing her which should be great for the second half of the song where the vocals really sore.

EDITED: Apparently I can't link to this clip. Are we not allowed to link to videos on Facebook? Here's the link, just remove the spaces...

https :// www. facebook.com / watch / ?ref=external&v=663262434560343

by Anonymousreply 446October 30, 2020 12:43 PM

Is it a black choir?

by Anonymousreply 447October 30, 2020 12:54 PM

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY !!!

by Anonymousreply 448October 30, 2020 3:38 PM

Kylie's the face (and sound?) of the new Marc Jacobs campaign. A bit... grungier than then usual Kylie shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449October 30, 2020 8:17 PM

Oh, forgot Twitter vids don't always work on here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450October 30, 2020 8:18 PM

I threw $20 Kylie's way for a ticket to this thing. I'm sure it won't compare to a live audience experience, but it does look like it's going to be fun. I love that mix of In Your Eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451October 30, 2020 10:20 PM

[quote]Kylie Minogue performing Say Something feat. The House Gospel Choir, from the INFINITE DISCO worldwide Livestream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452November 1, 2020 9:13 AM

R452 LOVE IT!

It shines with a choir and Kylie's live vocals and charisma.

Quite inspiring!

by Anonymousreply 453November 1, 2020 8:03 PM

It also shows how the follow up songs have been lacklustre.

by Anonymousreply 454November 1, 2020 8:06 PM

R454 - I really like Magic and I Love It, but they're definitely not in Say Something's class. It's just much more mature in its songcraft and production. It also encapsulates that slightly-melancholic-but-ultimately-uplifting-dance sound that Kylie does so well.

by Anonymousreply 455November 1, 2020 8:17 PM

Is Kylie still with Parlophone? They seem to have promo coming out the wazoo this week -- lots of performances and interviews. Good for them!

AUSTRALIA: The Sound (ABC TV) 7.30 Show (ABC TV) Rage ABC (ABC TV)

UK:

Graham Norton Show (BBC TV)

Zoe Ball BBC Radio Breakfast Show (BBC 2 Radio)

The One Show (BBC TV)

INTERNATIONAL (I'm sure there's more than this):

Zane Lowe on Apple Music

USA:

Good Morning America

by Anonymousreply 456November 2, 2020 3:05 PM

Ugh. sorry, I suck at formatting, but you get the drift.

by Anonymousreply 457November 2, 2020 3:05 PM

New photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 2, 2020 3:46 PM

New clip from the livestream thingy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 2, 2020 4:14 PM

THIS FRIDAY !!!

by Anonymousreply 460November 2, 2020 9:55 PM

She's with BMG, I believe. They have done a great job with promo for the Golden album, the Greatest Hits (both incarnations) and now Disco.

Parlophone really messed it up with Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 461November 2, 2020 10:04 PM

Well, she lost consistency in the wake of "Can't Get You Out of My Head." There were great singles after it, of course, but it was a mistake to go "a bit R&B," which doesn't suit her vocal style. She may love "Red Blooded Woman" and "Chocolate" but they weren't right for her and they didn't add to her legacy, sort of like the Spice Girls and "Holler."

by Anonymousreply 462November 2, 2020 10:41 PM

I ❤️ "Chocolate"

by Anonymousreply 463November 2, 2020 10:42 PM

R462 - agreed on Red Blooded Woman and much of that era, but I love Chocolate -- and what a gorgeous video she made for it.

I think and R&B influence/attitude can work well with her, but going straight R&B just feels like a reach. I think you could argue that even Can't Get You Out Of My Head -- especially her vocal delivery -- has a bit of an R&B edge/influence... it's the attitude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464November 2, 2020 11:40 PM

Great interview with Zane Lowe. For once, an interview that goes beyond "gosh, you're old" and "do you still have the hot pants?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465November 2, 2020 11:43 PM

Oh, here's the full interview... if you're so inclined...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466November 2, 2020 11:44 PM

Okay, this looks SUBLIME. I guess Kylie spent the tour budget on this livestream -- it does not look cheap and thrown together at all. Now I'm actually sad it's only 50 minutes long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467November 3, 2020 1:32 AM

I’m gay and I didn’t ask for this crap.

by Anonymousreply 468November 3, 2020 1:33 AM

You have Bob Mould, r468.

by Anonymousreply 469November 3, 2020 10:42 AM

R468 = Jason Donovan, counting the hairs in his brush

by Anonymousreply 470November 3, 2020 11:31 AM

"Everybody sees a Mary, Mary." Is that really a lyric?

by Anonymousreply 471November 4, 2020 6:59 PM

R471 - what is that from??

by Anonymousreply 472November 4, 2020 7:51 PM

"Celebrate You," r472.

by Anonymousreply 473November 4, 2020 7:51 PM

Oh, have the lyrics been published? Anyway, pop music lyrics aren't really going to be poetry and, as much as I love Kylie, she's had plenty of clunky lyrics over the years.

by Anonymousreply 474November 4, 2020 9:31 PM

The album is "out there."

by Anonymousreply 475November 4, 2020 9:32 PM

R475

Have you listened to it?

Is it good?

How would you describe the album in one sentence?

by Anonymousreply 476November 5, 2020 6:23 AM

R476 - it's out everywhere after midnight, local time!

by Anonymousreply 477November 6, 2020 1:00 AM

[Quote] How would you describe the album in one sentence?

Kylie wants to see you move.

by Anonymousreply 478November 6, 2020 1:03 AM

I love Kylie and Say Something is a great song but this album sounds very same-ish and. sadly, cheap.

by Anonymousreply 479November 6, 2020 3:36 AM

Yeah. It's no threat to "What's Your Pleasure?" Surely Kylie has more of a budget than Jessie Ware?

by Anonymousreply 480November 6, 2020 3:57 AM

She's performing Say Something on Good Morning America tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481November 6, 2020 4:00 AM

It's definitely 70s disco. I like it, but it'll get old fast.

by Anonymousreply 482November 6, 2020 4:27 AM

Donna Summer was '70s disco but she and Moroder/Bellotte varied the sound. Oh, and they had something to say. All the Kylie songs are saying much the same thing. Prostitutes/Bad Girls might have been kitschy/hokey but it differentiated the song majorly from "Hot Stuff."

by Anonymousreply 483November 6, 2020 4:30 AM

Some of the deluxe tracks are stronger than the standard ones.

by Anonymousreply 484November 6, 2020 4:31 AM

Minogue is mostly annoying. Her "singing" is all auto-tuned and her horse mouth is grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 485November 6, 2020 4:33 AM

No. She can actually sing even if she doesn't have the prettiest tone.

by Anonymousreply 486November 6, 2020 4:41 AM

Kylie can sing but the vocal production is just not good here.

by Anonymousreply 487November 6, 2020 4:43 AM

Kylie is 53 and has had a great, long career. And though her new song is quite catchy and she did country last year, she long ago peaked as a singer. I'd really like to see her try something new, maybe a return to acting. She's hoping to move back to Australia once quarantine is over and join her sister Dannii, and I'd like to see her back on Neighbours early next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488November 6, 2020 4:44 AM

[Quote] maybe a return to acting. She's hoping to move back to Australia once quarantine is over and join her sister Dannii, and I'd like to see her back on Neighbours early next year.

Are you on crack?

by Anonymousreply 489November 6, 2020 4:46 AM

Definitely on something, R489. Kylie is GREAT pop star. She is a.... serviceable actress... at best. This is a banger. Should have made this the second single instead of Magic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490November 6, 2020 4:49 AM

"Real Groove", "Supernova" and "Dance Floor Darling" are the standouts from the standard, besides "Say Something."

by Anonymousreply 491November 6, 2020 4:56 AM

THIS really was one of the few nice trends of 2020....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492November 6, 2020 4:58 AM

81 on Metacritic. Guessing it will dip below 80 once all the reviews are in, but a nice start!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 6, 2020 4:59 AM

Miss a Thing and Supernova are both brilliant.

And of course she's trending on twitter. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 494November 6, 2020 10:46 AM

The next single?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495November 6, 2020 1:28 PM

R495 Possibly. I like it!

Here's the GMA performance from a little bit ago.

Great look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496November 6, 2020 2:19 PM

R496 - that was FABULOUS. Though, they messed up her plug for the concert -- or perhaps her response got lost in the editing. Was it just one performance? On all her other GMA performances in the past she did two songs.

by Anonymousreply 497November 6, 2020 4:45 PM

I think they've realized that "Magic" is a stinker.

by Anonymousreply 498November 6, 2020 4:50 PM

R498 - I think she's performing Magic on Graham Norton today. I'm... fine with Magic, but it's very cruise ship Karen disco. Whereas Say Something is bold, adventurous, forward looking (but with clear references to its disco and funk influences.)

It's a shame she can't replicate that livestream performance of Say Something with the gospel choir -- that took it to an even higher level -- and feels tailor made for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 499November 6, 2020 4:55 PM

She should have raided Biffco's vault to go along with collaborating on "Say Something." He has a few unreleased Sugababes goodies in there.

by Anonymousreply 500November 6, 2020 4:58 PM

R500 - yes! She also should have worked with the songwriter Jon Green more -- the was a collaborator on Say Something and on some of the better tracks from Golden.

by Anonymousreply 501November 6, 2020 5:03 PM

Her cover story in The Guardian has stunning photography

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502November 6, 2020 11:20 PM

Guardian 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503November 6, 2020 11:20 PM

Guardian 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504November 6, 2020 11:21 PM

Guardian 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 6, 2020 11:21 PM

r505 would have made a good album cover.

by Anonymousreply 506November 6, 2020 11:24 PM

Holy shit, hats off to BMG. Kylie has been EVERYWHERE this week -- especially today -- in media (TV, radio, NPR, digital, social, interviews galore...) in UK, Australia, Europe and the US. This might end up actually charting in the US.

by Anonymousreply 507November 6, 2020 11:24 PM

They do have the benefit of COVID, though. It has allowed a lot of smaller artists to get coverage, especially TV spots, they might not otherwise get.

by Anonymousreply 508November 6, 2020 11:27 PM

I love this album so much! It's got a lot of great songs, which helps me to forgive some of the weaker tracks. When played front to back including the deluxe tracks, it's a fun album to dance to alone in your living room for sure! Miss A Thing is my current fave although I think Say Something is the best track lyrically and thematically. I really hope I get to see Kylie live someday, it's a shame she's never been huge in America because she is light-years (see what I did there?) better than many of our own pop stars

by Anonymousreply 509November 6, 2020 11:50 PM

R509 - her livestream concert is tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510November 7, 2020 12:12 AM

Holy shitballs!

It's kicking the iTunes charts world wide!!

Album: DISCO

iTunes (24x #1): #1 United States #1 United Kingdom #1 Australia #1 Austria #1 Belgium #1 Brazil #1 Canada #1 Chile #1 Colombia #1 Costa Rica #1 Finland #1 Germany #1 Hong Kong #1 Hungary #1 Luxembourg #1 Malaysia #1 Malta #1 Mexico #1 Panama #1 Peru #1 Singapore #1 Spain #1 Sweden #1 Switzerland #2 France #2 Greece #2 India #2 Ireland #2 Israel #2 Mongolia #2 New Zealand #2 Russia #2 Saudi Arabia #2 Slovakia #3 Czech Republic #3 Denmark #3 Netherlands #3 Norway #3 Vietnam #4 Philippines #4 Poland #4 South Africa #4 Thailand #5 Italy #5 Poland #5 Taiwan #5 Turkey #7 Indonesia #8 Belgium #8 Netherlands #8 Portugal #9 Brazil #9 Cyprus #10 United Kingdom #13 Ireland #14 Mexico #15 Australia #15 Spain #21 Canada #26 Brunei Darussalam #31 France #33 Honduras #37 Italy #42 El Salvador #43 Macau #48 United States #50 Lithuania #58 Slovenia #93 Latvia #107 Panama #123 Estonia #133 Russia

by Anonymousreply 511November 7, 2020 12:34 AM

I think this album will be a grower.

But I am happy for Kylie. I really hope she gets the massive worldwide success she deserves and, if any singer can help cheer up the world, it's Kylie.

And, yes, you NEED to see her live. I traveled from Toronto to London to see her 2016 Christmas show at Royal Albert Hall and it was worth every penny. She was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 512November 7, 2020 12:38 AM

Here's the Graham Norton performance of 'Magic'.

I'm loving the album....but am already starting to listen from track 2 avoiding 'Magic'.

I wonder if they deliberately chose the most pedestrian song on the album as the main single to appeal to the masses????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513November 7, 2020 12:39 AM

I hope she gets someone interesting remixes done, mix up the styles.

by Anonymousreply 514November 7, 2020 1:15 AM

This is the album fans wanted Madge to make, and if she had, it would have had better production. But I'm digging this. It's nice to have a happy, pop album to listen to right about now.

by Anonymousreply 515November 7, 2020 2:01 AM

Madge already made "Confessions on a Dancefloor."

by Anonymousreply 516November 7, 2020 2:03 AM

Supernova is VERY Dannii, isn't it? (love it!)

Hope this is one of the tracks she performs tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 517November 7, 2020 4:19 AM

There's a Freemasons remix of Say Something on the way.

by Anonymousreply 518November 7, 2020 6:56 AM

[quote]it's a shame she's never been huge in America

Madonna has been sabotaging her from behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 519November 7, 2020 3:08 PM

I'm glad she never became an American success (beyond a few singles and... one album?). Look at what they did to "Love at First Sight."

by Anonymousreply 520November 7, 2020 3:13 PM

Wow, Kylie's timing is perfect. Infinite Disco livestreams happening the day we take back the White House! This Light Years clip looks amazing. The show seems to be getting rave reviews from those who've seen it in the Southern Hemisphere. Looking forward to my 8pm ET stream!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521November 7, 2020 4:41 PM

Love Kylie, love the album!!!

by Anonymousreply 522November 7, 2020 4:48 PM

So, apparently, if DISCO is the #1 album in the UK this coming week, Kylie will make history by being the first female solo artist to have a number 1 album in five consecutive decades. I can't believe that the one thing standing in her way is a reality TV girl group called Little Mix who are potentially on track to beat her to the #1 slot. Sometimes, the taste of the general public just make me shake my head. Sorry for posting a Daily Fail link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523November 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Leona Lewis - all Reality TV Talent Show Stars. And let's not talk about Dannii on Young Talent Time...

by Anonymousreply 524November 7, 2020 5:06 PM

Kylie was dismissed as a soap star turned singer back in the day as well...

by Anonymousreply 525November 7, 2020 5:06 PM

[Quote] I can't believe that the one thing standing in her way is a reality TV girl group called Little Mix who are potentially on track to beat her to the #1 slot.

They have a strong streaming presence.

by Anonymousreply 526November 7, 2020 5:08 PM

Yeah, and, unfortunately, older artists -- by and large -- tend to have stronger physical sales than streaming numbers. If charts were based primarily on physical sales still she would undoubtedly get #1. Well now, that I'm done phone banking for Biden, maybe we can start a campaign to text UK gays over 50 to teach them how to use Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 527November 7, 2020 5:16 PM

Little Mix has talent. I don't know if their new album is any good but they can sing.

Having said that, I like both. I'm a bigger Kylie fan but I'm not going to begrudge LM for hitting #1.

by Anonymousreply 528November 7, 2020 5:24 PM

Not undoubtedly. Little Mix are doing well on physical sales as well. I can't say I really like their voices - the productions on the vocals is very handed. But their new song "Happiness" is a tune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529November 7, 2020 5:25 PM

*very heavy handed

by Anonymousreply 530November 7, 2020 5:25 PM

Every time Little Mix releases a new album, each member seems to fall further into the "I want to look like a Kim Kardashian sex doll whore" trap. So much plastic surgery.

The fat one - Jesy - looks like a blow-up sex doll.

by Anonymousreply 531November 7, 2020 5:31 PM

There's only one member who seems to have poor self image and overcompensates, a la Pete Burns, Mutya etc.

by Anonymousreply 532November 7, 2020 5:33 PM

I'm Canadian and love Kylie. I was aware of Locomotion when it came out, but I didn't become a "fan" of Kyle in the way that I was a fan of Madonna as a child in the 80's. It wasn't until early2000's Fever album that I feel madly in love with Kylie as a clubbing early/mid 20something. Then I caught up on everything I missed in the 80's & 90's.

by Anonymousreply 533November 7, 2020 5:40 PM

Where did you read that R518? Their sound is tailor made for this Kylie era.

by Anonymousreply 534November 7, 2020 6:51 PM

R518 do you mean F9, which is one half of Freemasons? I don't think they've worked together in several years.

by Anonymousreply 535November 7, 2020 6:58 PM

Apparently the Infinite Disco "stream" is just an unlisted YouTube URL...

by Anonymousreply 536November 7, 2020 6:59 PM

Really? I hope people don't ruin it by posting the links. Kylie CLEARLY spent some coin on this production. I think most of us can afford the $20.

by Anonymousreply 537November 7, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote]So, apparently, if DISCO is the #1 album in the UK this coming week, Kylie will make history by being the first female solo artist to have a number 1 album in five consecutive decades. I can't believe that the one thing standing in her way is a reality TV girl group called Little Mix who are potentially on track to beat her to the #1 slot. Sometimes, the taste of the general public just make me shake my head. Sorry for posting a Daily Fail link...

If Disco hits #1, Kylie will be the only person to have had a number 1 album in 5 consecutive decades in her own name.

3 men have achieved it, but their number 1 albums include the groups they were part of - Pauls Weller and McCartney and David Gilmour. I'd disqualify Paul McCartney though as the 90s and 00s albums were Beatles compilations.

by Anonymousreply 538November 7, 2020 7:05 PM

I meant F9. I was told by a friend at BMG.

by Anonymousreply 539November 7, 2020 7:29 PM

Does BMG pay for the recordings or do they just distribute?

by Anonymousreply 540November 7, 2020 7:32 PM

R524 I WILL talk about Dannii on YTT!

In fact, I shall post clips of some of her magnificent performances....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541November 7, 2020 8:04 PM

Don't post her "Xanadu" performance...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542November 7, 2020 8:12 PM

R542 That's Tina Arena!

Dannii did perform Xanadu on some short lived show, many years later.............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543November 7, 2020 8:18 PM

That's the video, r543, yes!

by Anonymousreply 544November 7, 2020 8:29 PM

I bought a ticket to the Infinite Disco Live stream, I cant wait to watch tonight! I just popped an edible, gonna put my LED living room lights on disco mode and celebrate the end of Trump's evil reign of terror🕺🕺🕺#Dance

by Anonymousreply 545November 7, 2020 10:16 PM

Yessss, R545, see you on the dancefloor!

by Anonymousreply 546November 7, 2020 10:25 PM

The concert arrangements have been well received. Are they courtesy of Steve Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 547November 7, 2020 10:51 PM

Fuq yiss this version of In Your Eyes is LIT

by Anonymousreply 548November 8, 2020 12:10 AM

As is Light Years 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

by Anonymousreply 549November 8, 2020 12:13 AM

R547 - Biffco and, yes, the always excellent Steve Anderson

by Anonymousreply 550November 8, 2020 1:39 AM

I have to admit the album is growing on me. But Say Something is still the standout. I think because it digs a little deeper and has a bit more emotional resonance to it.

by Anonymousreply 551November 8, 2020 1:42 AM

Well, "Say Something" doesn't like it was written for a particular sound or lyric concept.

by Anonymousreply 552November 8, 2020 1:47 AM

West Coasters (or anyone who hasn't seen it yet,) let me say, if you're even a casual Kylie fan you do NOT want to miss Infinite Disco. I don't always think everything Kylie does succeeds, but this livestream concert is an utter triumph. It give you a taste of what a possible post-Covid Disco-themed Kylie tour would be like. It's like a cross between a traditional live concert, a music video and an in studio TV performance. Kylie's voice is in fantastic shape, the live arrangements are so stinking great -- on both the classic and new tracks -- and it is so damn stylish, sleek and modern in its lighting and staging. And, yet, through all of those dazzling laser shows and stage arrangements, Kylie's star presence and warmth are never lost. It truly exceeded my expectation. I think there's one more livestream happening at 8pm PT.

by Anonymousreply 553November 8, 2020 2:05 AM

So happy to see Kylie having such a huge renaissance, but also seeing people appreciate her for what she brings to music - she is such a fun presence.

by Anonymousreply 554November 8, 2020 2:11 AM

Kylie had he renaissance with "Spinning Around." She hasn't been out of favor since.

by Anonymousreply 555November 8, 2020 2:28 AM

*her

by Anonymousreply 556November 8, 2020 2:28 AM

She's fallen out of favour in a number of places. She hasn't had a hit song in North America in almost 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 557November 8, 2020 2:56 AM

That's like saying the 1990s was a wash for her after "The Locomotion."

by Anonymousreply 558November 8, 2020 3:04 AM

GOOD GOD THAT WAS SO GOOD. Hurry, this will probably get taken down soon. Her Slow/Love To Love You Baby mashup was insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559November 8, 2020 3:55 AM

That was well worth the $20. The reworked versions of some of the classics notably In Your Eyes, Light Years and Slow/Love To Love You were fantastic. The new tracks benefitted from the bumped up live production. It's a shame she isn't able to take this show on the road.

by Anonymousreply 560November 8, 2020 4:23 AM

She's always been such a sweet person which I think is why so many of us feel so protective of her. If anyone finds a link to the full show post it here, I wanna watch again!

by Anonymousreply 561November 8, 2020 2:49 PM

She's always been such a sweet person which I think is why so many of us feel so protective of her. If anyone finds a link to the full show post it here, I wanna watch again!

by Anonymousreply 562November 8, 2020 2:49 PM

Not sure how long this download link will be available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563November 8, 2020 5:06 PM

What kind of black magic does this woman weave? I started Friday liking maybe 5 of the album tracks. After a Biden win, streaming Disco while out for runs or errands and watching Infinite Disco, I love a solid 90% of the album. She's a disco sorceress.

by Anonymousreply 564November 8, 2020 8:41 PM

Thanks, r563. Infine Disco was... awesome. Kylie really didn't go cheap for that. It could have been very cheesy but it was all very classy and elegant - and fun. It's too bad she (most likely) won't tour this album because that tour would be a massive success.

by Anonymousreply 565November 9, 2020 12:50 AM

R565 - my guess is... next year she'll release a new album or a special edition of DISCO with several new, bonus tracks and announce a tour for 2022 at which she'll perform music from both albums + the usual big hits.

by Anonymousreply 566November 9, 2020 2:48 AM

I wonder how well Infinite Disco did. I hope it was a big success for her, she clearly put everything into it. Who produced/directed? Whoever it was should be directing her actual music videos because it's the best visual thing she's done perhaps since the mid 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 567November 9, 2020 3:35 PM

It's a great electronic dance album. It's luckily not that disco-influenced.

by Anonymousreply 568November 9, 2020 3:40 PM

It's a great electronic dance album. It's luckily not that disco-influenced.

by Anonymousreply 569November 9, 2020 3:40 PM

[Quote] It's a great electronic dance album. It's luckily not that disco-influenced.

Did you mean to post that in the Dua Lipa thread?

by Anonymousreply 570November 9, 2020 3:56 PM

DISCO is currently #6 on US mid-week chart estimates. I'm sure it will go down further because of streaming numbers, but a top 10 US album doesn't look out of reach right now which is kind of amazing considering she's in her fifth decade of recording and has never been a huge success in the US.

by Anonymousreply 571November 9, 2020 4:41 PM

But what sales would take someone into the US Top Ten nowadays? It's not 2001.

by Anonymousreply 572November 9, 2020 4:43 PM

True, R572, but all things considered, it's still potentially impressive for Kylie to be charting in the US at this stage. Yeah, charts are completely different than they were 20 years ago, but they're different for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 573November 9, 2020 7:10 PM

Promo's continuing this week. Maybe she can eek out that UK #1 and a top 10 in the US....

Tuesday: Kylie will join Alex Jones and Michael Ball on The One Show, BBC TV. [I assume it's not THAT Alex Jones of InfoWars]

Wednesday: BBC Breakfast interview, BBC TV

Wednesday: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Gillian Anderson and Olivia Colman are the other guests, CBS - USA

Thursday: This Morning interview with Alison Hammond, ITV TV

by Anonymousreply 574November 9, 2020 9:28 PM

Apparently Little Mix fans have started a fund to bulk buy copies of their album for fans who can't afford to purchase...

by Anonymousreply 575November 9, 2020 9:29 PM

It's a great album. All the eldergays saying otherwise be trippin.'

by Anonymousreply 576November 9, 2020 9:48 PM

R575 - I don't know if this is legit, but, apparently, this was reported to the Official Charts Company (UK counterpart to the US's Billboard) -- see attached! 😂

R576 - Uh, I have to imagine a great deal of Kylie's physical sales, which are what are keeping her on the charts, are from eldergays. I mean, I'm 39, so I'm practically a fossil in gay years anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577November 9, 2020 10:17 PM

Exactly. Eldergays are the ones more likely to defend the production.

by Anonymousreply 578November 9, 2020 10:20 PM

This album is growing on me, although I can't help thinking that it reminds me more of something that Dannii would record. Neon Nights is still one of my favourite album of the '80s and she had her own album/comp called Club Disco.

by Anonymousreply 579November 10, 2020 12:23 AM

[Quote] Neon Nights is still one of my favourite album of the '80s

Marty McFly, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 580November 10, 2020 1:17 AM

LOL sorry I meant '00s.

by Anonymousreply 581November 10, 2020 2:05 AM

I love the album. So glad stupid Sia didn't have any of her lifeless, same-y songs placed on this album.

by Anonymousreply 582November 10, 2020 2:52 PM

I wouldn't mind if Kylie had recorded "Victory."

by Anonymousreply 583November 10, 2020 3:03 PM

R583 - "Victory" by...?

by Anonymousreply 584November 10, 2020 4:59 PM

It's a Sia song.

by Anonymousreply 585November 10, 2020 4:59 PM

R585 - just did a YT and Google search on that and came up empty handed.

by Anonymousreply 586November 10, 2020 5:24 PM

Kylie is on a charity cover of Oasis' 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' in aid of Children in Need. It's out this Friday. There's a longlist of artists participating including... CHER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587November 10, 2020 5:32 PM

I thought Cher would face a fine if she released a non-ABBA song.

by Anonymousreply 588November 10, 2020 7:01 PM

[quote]Kylie is on a charity cover of Oasis' 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' in aid of Children in Need. It's out this Friday. There's a longlist of artists participating including... CHER!

Hoping Stop Crying Your Heart Out will be as good as God Only Knows, also featuring Kylie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589November 11, 2020 1:59 PM

r577 r578 I assumed the thread was close to 100% eldergay, which would include the naysayers.

by Anonymousreply 590November 11, 2020 5:28 PM

R589 - looks like that video is georestrcited.

Apparently, she's performing 'Magic' on Colbert tonight. I would have gone with Say Something -- hell, they should recycle that glorious Say Something performance from Infinite Disco with the gospel choir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591November 11, 2020 6:00 PM

As with Golden, this album takes a number of listens to grow on you, I think. But the whole thing really needs to be remixed into something with a beat. It sounds very middle of the road to me. One retro disco album that completely works and is a blast to listen too is Gloria! By Gloria Estefan. Real disco sounds updated.

by Anonymousreply 592November 11, 2020 7:30 PM

Why Kylie Minogue is pop’s most underestimated icon

With the release of her 15th studio album, Disco, the Australian star is providing the ultimate escapism for tough times. Nick Levine explores her uniquely endearing appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593November 11, 2020 11:45 PM

This is definitely a grower. I feel like the songs sink in more. Also, I really have come to enjoy "I Love It". I think it works better in the context of the album.

"Dance Floor Baby" reminds me a bit of Chromeo.

"

by Anonymousreply 594November 12, 2020 12:07 AM

Magic was actually quite good on Colbert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 12, 2020 5:29 AM

Kylie with DL favorite, and carbohydrate enthusiast, Michael Ball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596November 12, 2020 5:31 AM

[quote]But the whole thing really needs to be remixed into something with a beat. It sounds very middle of the road to me.

Her next producers need to take notice of how well crafted some of her mid-career Stock Aitken Waterman output was. Like Shocked which was given the DNA makeover. Pop heaven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597November 12, 2020 5:40 AM

R597 - I kind of missed out on most of Kylie's 90s output, but during her first US tour, that medley of mostly 90s tracks -- including Shocked -- was so much fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598November 12, 2020 5:58 AM

NEW THREAD IS HERE....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599November 12, 2020 5:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 12, 2020 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!