Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AOC wants to cancel those who worked for Trump

Over the weekend, people started making lists.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez kicked things off on Friday with a tweet that terrified Trumpworld.

“Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future?” she wrote. “I foresee decent probability of many deleted Tweets, writings, photos in the future.”

A group calling itself the Trump Accountability Project sprung up to heed AOC’s call.

“Remember what they did,” the group’s sparse website declares. “We should not allow the following groups of people to profit from their experience: Those who elected him. Those who staffed his government. Those who funded him.”

Rarely a healthy sign in any democracy, the enemies lists started to freak out some normally unflappable Trump officials in the White House.

“At first I brushed it off as ridiculous, but what is scary is that she’s serious,” said a White House official of AOC’s tweet. “That is terrifying that a sitting member of Congress is calling for something like that. I believe there is a life after this in politics for Trump officials, but the idea that a sitting member of Congress wants to purge from society and ostracize us should scare the American people. It definitely should scare the American people more than it scares me. That type of rhetoric is terrifying when you have 70 million Americans who voted for this president. It might start with Trump officials but what if they go further?”

Before the election, when polls suggested an anti-Trump rout, some current and former Trump officials seemed to be positioning themselves for a new era when they would be forced to shed their association with the president. One top official at the White House became a bit of an inside joke among Washington reporters for sending conspicuous private texts taking digs at the administration and claiming to crave post-election life without Trump.

And some Republicans found it curious when a recent RNC official suddenly tweeted his support of Biden the day before the election. Was he having trouble finding a new job? Did he move to Silicon Valley or Portland, Ore.?

But the results, at least for the moment, have changed that conversation, with more Republicans on the Hill and Trump officials now insisting there may be less of a penalty for service to Trump.

Many top Trump advisers now say they’re not worried, and they point to the aftermaths of similarly controversial administrations as reassurance. They argue that if the Bush-era politicians and staffers who led the country to war in Iraq survived without being purged from politics, media and corporate America, then Trump’s advisers won’t either.

“The Bush people faced this,” said one of the president’s closest advisers. “Bush left office very unpopular, people thought thousands of people died in an unnecessary war and he was responsible for it. Everybody forgets that now that he’s an artist who doesn’t do partisan politics.”

This person pointed to the wealth accumulated by the two main architects of the war since Bush left office. “Don Rumsfeld did very well for himself when he left government,” said the close Trump adviser, who already has an unannounced book deal in hand. “Dick Cheney? I’ve been to his house in Wyoming!”

The close Trump adviser did allow that some staffers could have trouble in pockets of corporate America or Hollywood but the adviser isn’t personally concerned about finding work. “For somebody like me, I'm writing a book, I'm going to write a sequel,” the close Trump adviser said. “I get paid handsomely to give speeches. I have my corporate consulting. Maybe that’s not everyone else. But I can’t imagine I’m alone in that way. Are people going to say, ‘Oh shit, Mike Pompeo, you’re not secretary of State anymore so we can’t talk to you!’ Even the younger staffers — people still want people who worked in the White House. You have breathed rarefied air.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 21, 2021 7:27 AM

Interviews with numerous current and former Trump officials reveal that while the talk of lists and permanent cancelation bubbling up on social media is worrisome, few are taking it seriously. Most Trump officials feel that the president’s better-than-expected showing in the election, the history of Bush-era “warmongers” (as one Trump official called them) easily re-integrating into polite society, and the myopia of both the news media and the loudest voices on the left will all conspire to allow even the most controversial Trump aides to continue working in politics and the private sector.

None of the Trump officials interviewed for this story seriously believed that Trump would prevail in the election, and it was taken as a given that they would all soon be looking for work outside the administration.

“There were a lot of Trump people who were afraid of this,” said an administration official. “If there was a massive defeat and we lost the Senate and he lost in a landslide, there would be this purge, both by the establishment Republicans and the Democrats. An employment and maybe even a legal purge against people who worked for the president. Obviously they can’t do that now.”

He added, “I think there’s a sense of relief that because the election was so close and win or lose, it clearly was not a repudiation of the president, so I think that gives people a lot of comfort.” Despite the comparisons on the left of the jubilant celebrations Saturday in American cities across the country looking like the toppling of a dictator in a foreign land, this person insisted that Trump’s loss was no different than that of previous incumbents who lost.

Most Trump officials viewed the lack of a massive repudiation as a powerful rejoinder to any arguments from Never Trumpers that they should be banned from GOP politics or corporate America.

“The general thinking is that people are actually feeling hopeful about the trajectory of the GOP because it was so close, so even if the president loses, it shows that there are a lot of people like us, or at least who support what we did. So I think people are feeling better about job possibilities,” said a senior administration official.

Some folks in MAGA-world are almost celebratory about what they see as the avoidance of a crushing loss. “At the end of this he’s going to get 69-70 million votes, give or take,” said a Trump adviser. “He’s expanded the Republican voting base, so I think Trumpism is here to stay.”

While some of this may sound delusional, it’s not inconceivable that these Trump aides are correct. The left will soon have bigger priorities when it comes to policy and holding the Biden White House accountable. And it’s true that at the height of the Iraq War, many anti-war liberals swore that they would make sure those responsible for that quagmire never worked in politics again.

Not only have most of them thrived, many of them became the left’s best allies in their fight against Trumpism.

While Trump officials with good reputations and bipartisan relationships will likely land well in the private sector, other mid-level Trump aides might have to launder their experience by working on another campaign or two, or finding a job on Capitol Hill.

“The easier path for some of the people might be to go work on a campaign or go work for another official and then you have another line on your resume,” said a Senate GOP aide, adding that his LinkedIn page “has been getting lit up” with Trump aides seeking to chat about potential jobs.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2020 5:56 PM

Now THIS, I can totally get on board with.

If there was ever a need for "cancel culture," THIS is where it belongs!

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2020 5:57 PM

Shes right, of course. We cannot allow things they did to go unpunished and for them to escape all accountability.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2020 5:57 PM

Our comrades lead the way....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2020 6:00 PM

She is absolutely correct. The GOP silence just shows how complicit they are with the clown.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2020 6:03 PM

Oh, boo-hoo. Dems/progressives shouldn't stoop to their level, cause that would be MEAN.

Fuck that. AOC knows what time it is.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2020 6:03 PM

They're all traitors, why shouldn't they be held to account? Hunt them down, AOC!

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2020 6:03 PM

Haha, I love it! Never forget these vermin.

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2020 6:04 PM

Go for it! Fascists must be crushed. They almost destroyed the US.

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2020 6:05 PM

What R2 said X infinity. Slime these fuckers. They’ve been sliming us FOREVER. Go lower. Fuck them.

One of the very few things that I agree with proposed by AOC.

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote] “At first I brushed it off as ridiculous, but what is scary is that she’s serious,” said a White House official of AOC’s tweet. “That is terrifying that a sitting member of Congress is calling for something like that

Be afraid, cunt.

Be VERY afraid.

We're coming for you motherfuckers!

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Already I see some Trump voters on my social media pretending they never really backed him.

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2020 6:06 PM

I like AOC's style on this one.

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2020 6:12 PM

Can this cunt ever shut the fuck up? Despise this whore cunt with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2020 6:14 PM

Remember when Omarosa said, "Every critic, every detractor will have to bow down to President Trump"?

It wasn't cool then, and it's not cool now. Let's let go of our grudges and start with a clean slate.

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2020 6:15 PM

Bwahahahahaha at R14.

Poor Miss Lindsey. You should be scared.

You too, Miss Matt Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2020 6:15 PM

Someone should put trolls like R14 on a list.

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2020 6:16 PM

Nice try, R15.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

These fuckers need to pay. And they will.

by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2020 6:16 PM

"Can this cunt ever shut the fuck up? Despise this whore cunt with a passion."

Thanks for proving her point that she's a victim of misogyny

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2020 6:20 PM

Bring back the guillotine off with their heads!

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2020 6:26 PM

R18, remember, when they go low, we go high. Let's not act deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2020 6:29 PM

R14 and R15 - Eat the peanuts and corn out of republican’s shit.

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2020 6:30 PM

R22, I am a liberal democrat. Instead of hanging on to the past, I want to focus on moving forward. If we "go after" these people, we'll waste our energy and lose our focus.

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2020 6:33 PM

Fuck yes, AOC. Let's do this! Up against the wall, motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2020 6:33 PM

GO AOC!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2020 6:33 PM

R15 is a moron, ignore.

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2020 6:40 PM

Excellent. Hold every last one of them accountable.

by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2020 6:47 PM

Obama followed R23's advice and look what we got - four years of Stupid Hitler. Fuck that. Put em all in jail.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2020 6:47 PM

I'm all for it AOC...she can be annoying but she is usually right.

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2020 7:09 PM

R28, note R23's use of "liberal democrat." That's usually a tell that a poster is from Europe, where they have Liberal Democratic parties.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2020 7:23 PM

She's right.

How many people did Trump bring into his administration who we all thought were persona non grata in DC for their previous crimes but came back anyway? Three or four, I think.

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2020 7:27 PM

R23 - Stuff that kumbaya shit up your ass. You’re in the minority. And you’re in the minority for all the reasons stated so far in this thread. Democrats can move forward with our agenda, and hold accountable those who are complicit in the trump/ gop shit show at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2020 7:28 PM

R30, I am a lesbian, atheist, vegan, democrat. I live just outside Washington DC. I cannot stand Trump. His followers did and said some horrible, stupid things. Everyone already knows what they did and said, so I don't see the point of making a list. I want to focus more on getting things back on track.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2020 7:29 PM

Every last complicit motherfucker needs to be held accountable.

Fuck them. They did Nothing while This country was going down the toilet.

That bitch that isn’t signing paperwork to give Biden transition money should be arrested. Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote]If we "go after" these people, we'll waste our energy and lose our focus.

The President was hiring right wing neo Nazis in broad daylight, telling people to inject themselves with bleach as a cure for a virus which he admitted he let rage out of control intentionally and lying with every breath about every topic.

Not a single elected Republican ever spoke out against him and there were zero consequences to any of his actions or theirs.

It would be incredibly stupid to ever allow these people an inch of power ever again. They'll just do it again because they got away with it the first time. It wasn't just ONE issue. There were multiple ones over the course of 4 years.

This live and let live attitude is exactly how these people came into power. They know this. They thrive on it.

I hope and pray that while Biden says he's willing to work with them he also knows there's no way he ever can. The crimes are too heinous and you shouldn't negotiate with Nazis and racists. It legitimizes them and it will continue to tear this country apart.

People are still angry and they won't get over it for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2020 7:42 PM

Suggest those really interest check out how one of the greatest men who ever lived handled a similar situation. Google and read Lincoln’s second inaugural address. My guess is that this is the approach Biden will take, obviously excluding those who have committed crimes (Flynn etc) and Trump’s indictments pending in the Southern District of NY State.

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2020 7:49 PM

What R35 said perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2020 7:54 PM

"We mustn't attack the fascists who are getting off scott-free! It would be uncivil and make them mad at us, and we might look bad! Let's all just unite as one and put all this behind us, it's the only way to move forward."

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2020 8:11 PM

Everyone preaching civility and amnesty, just curious:

What do you think of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being in the Democratic Party? Please, do share your thoughts. Curious how far your civility extends and whether it truly applies to "both sides."

by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2020 8:13 PM

R23/R33 We are asking for accountability. We are asking for justice. That is not revenge and it's not going "low". Please learn the difference.

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]I hope and pray that while Biden says he's willing to work with them he also knows there's no way he ever can.

Mitch made that clear on the Senate floor about an hour ago, but I notice social media didn't erupt over it like they used to. I think a lack of public and media support behind Mitch might make him less able to stymie an entire presidency. Obama still got some things done, Biden should be able to as well.

And also Mitch looks like he's gonna die any second now, so that's something to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Not an AOC fan - and I generally HATE cancel culture - but this is something I can get behind.

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Neither AOC nor anyone else is saying we need a literal hit squad. But we all know that a lot of Trump administration people will try to pretend they weren't there and had nothing to do with any of it.

Accountability is vital to any political system. She's not talking about blacklisting. She's simply saying their actions shouldn't just be thrown down the memory hole so that they can come back fresh as a daisy to work in a different administration.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2020 8:23 PM

On this I agree with her 100%.

There should be a Nuremburg type trial for all of the mother fuckers who aided and abetted the unmitigated asshole known as Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2020 8:50 PM

I'm with AOC on this one.

I completely understand now why the French resorted to guillotining the oligarchy

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote] Everyone preaching civility and amnesty, just curious...

Um, who exactly believes we're going to be civil to literal Nazis?

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2020 9:15 PM

so AOC wants to be a facists?

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2020 9:18 PM

All the people who worked for Trump should be publicly flogged in front of the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2020 9:20 PM

Trump should be paraded around Washington in his dirty diapers then hanged high from a scaffold.

by Anonymousreply 49November 9, 2020 9:22 PM

The 70 + million who voted for Trump should be banned from voting for life.

by Anonymousreply 50November 9, 2020 9:26 PM

I agree with AOC but I would also say that simply having the Trump name on your resume is all it will take for it to be crumpled up and permanently thrown in the trash heap. At least for rank and file staffers. They've been pariahs this whole time. So many articles have been written about how no one will return their phone calls and how hard it is for them to get laid.

Someone like Hope Hicks can at least marry some rich Saudi or Russian. But Stephen Miller? No mainstream company or media outlet will ever have anything to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 51November 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Puleeze. No she is not correct.

She is not the one who should be advocating such a thing. Totally inappropriate and undemocratic. As much as I hate Trump and his supporters are we seriously going after 70 million people?

No one is going to hire these cretins that sold their souls or had none to begin with in order to work for him. She needs to grow up and get to work with viable solutions to real problems - not living in the past and farming for retribution and vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 52November 9, 2020 9:28 PM

For once I agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 53November 9, 2020 9:29 PM

"As much as I hate Trump and his supporters are we seriously going after 70 million people?"

Awwww. You think this about going after 70 million people. How cute.

by Anonymousreply 54November 9, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote]Mitch made that clear on the Senate floor about an hour ago, but I notice social media didn't erupt over it like they used to.

To be fair, it's not like he hasn't been doing that song and dance since 2015. Him backing Trump, blocking bills or agreeing to whatever fascist agenda of the day is being placed before him is nothing brand new.

Also what they've done during the past few years makes anything they did when Obama was President pale in comparison. To add to that they figured out that they can get any crazy 'ole thing done by staying in lock step and agreeing with each other no matter what personal dissents they have.

Just wait until the stories come out about what's REALLY happening in those Ice Detention Facilities. I feel bad that Biden will have to deal with that [italic]but deal with that he will.[/italic]

[quote]And also Mitch looks like he's gonna die any second now, so that's something to look forward to.

The truly evil, no matter how ill they become, always seem to find some way to stick around. Hell, Leona Helmsley lived until she was 87 and Trump himself is still kicking even with his terrible diet and getting COVID. The universe is weird like that.

by Anonymousreply 55November 9, 2020 9:39 PM

R54 lol I’m with you. We just want the big fish to fry. Their supporters tears will be enough satisfaction alone. What happened for the last 4 years can never be allowed to happen again. And unless that is addressed, they will be back and even more viscous than the last time.

by Anonymousreply 56November 9, 2020 9:40 PM

Vicious... oh dear

by Anonymousreply 57November 9, 2020 9:41 PM

If there is any justice, Miller will be going before the Hague.

Scorched Earth for the administration. Brand them with an Orange T

by Anonymousreply 58November 9, 2020 9:44 PM

If the Dumps keep refusing to concede their defeat, they should all be tried for Treason.

by Anonymousreply 59November 9, 2020 9:47 PM

AOC said she might quit politics, as some centrist Democrats blame progressives for House losses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 9, 2020 9:51 PM

Agree. Like "The Mikado".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 9, 2020 10:26 PM

"Sure we cosigned mass sexual abuse and forced sterilizations, but we can still work for you!"

by Anonymousreply 62November 9, 2020 10:32 PM

This is a time to be strong and resolute. Not to be weak kneed in the name of some wishy washy higher road, letting go, we're better, nonsense.

It's not about vengeance or the Stasi. We don't want the poison to seep back just like that. We must not allow it as America's just coming out of a near-death sickness, been dealt near mortal blows, and it is still very weakened. The virus is still very much with us. We have not yer recovered fully. We can still succumb to it.

There's much healing to do yet without deplorables in our midst acting as if nothing went wrong and they had nothing to do with it.

Yes to AOC.

by Anonymousreply 63November 9, 2020 10:35 PM

Sure I would like green energy, women's rights, less corruption in politics, but I still welcome Putin and Erdogan dirty money if it helps weaken democrats"

Bernie, AOC, Ilhan and Co

by Anonymousreply 64November 9, 2020 10:37 PM

"And if the forces of darkness engender new Hitlers, playing on people's basest and most backward instincts in order to further new criminal designs against humanity, let no one see in them any trait of grandeur or heroism.

A crime is a crime, and criminals do not cease to be criminals because their crimes are recorded in history and their names remembered. A criminal remains a criminal; a murderer remains a murderer.

History's only true heroes, the only true leaders of mankind are those who help to establish freedom, who see freedom as the greatest strength of an individual, a nation or state, who fight for the equality, in all respects, of every individual, people and nation." --  Vasily Grossman

Ford pardoning Nixon was the first step on this road, as the GOP realized their people at the highest levels could commit crimes and there would be no accountability in the interest of keeping the peace.

If there's evidence of wrongdoing, prosecute them.

by Anonymousreply 65November 9, 2020 10:42 PM

In related news:

Top Trump loyalists are trying to cling to power by firing critics, rehiring other loyalists, instructing federal government employees that the election isn't over yet, and threatening appointees that their future work prospects could get crushed if they try to abandon ship now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 9, 2020 10:43 PM

Enough said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 9, 2020 10:52 PM

We need to just move on - I mean it's 1946 already!

by Anonymousreply 68November 9, 2020 10:55 PM

The usual loser ^

by Anonymousreply 69November 9, 2020 10:58 PM

She clearly wants to take the people that committed actual crimes and hold them accountable, not just any ol' Trump supporter. They're already trying to spin it as a witch hunt.

by Anonymousreply 70November 9, 2020 11:09 PM

Oh, like a list? A bl- .... a List of Color?

by Anonymousreply 71November 9, 2020 11:20 PM

Orange List.

by Anonymousreply 72November 9, 2020 11:25 PM

Death squads are definitely called for.

by Anonymousreply 73November 9, 2020 11:36 PM

Rather than a grievance list of things that made us angry and uncomfortable, this "list" should be actions that can be adjudicated in US courts.

Here's an example: how about those 666 migrant children that were separated from their parents, who to date cannot be found? Lawyers should be working on behalf of those children to get them a big pay-off and there should be Nuremberg-like trials for those Trump Administration officials responsible for those criminal acts (I'm thinking of you Stephen Miller...).

Then there are emoluments, Purdue insider trading, etc, etc -- the list is long.

by Anonymousreply 74November 9, 2020 11:37 PM

They stole from the Gov, from the people. We picked up the tab for their 74 dollar salads at Mar-a-Lago, for their golf rounds at Trump's golf courses, for their parties at Trump's DC Hotel, etc etc And these are just the small violations

Let's get it all out in the open. Moscow Mitch and his fag hag wife will be revealed in the process as well.

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2020 11:37 PM

R28 Not just Obama. For decades, the GOP has gotten away with scandal after scandal, with no accountability or punishment. And like an unpunished child, every time they get away with it, they push the envelope further and further. Watergate, Iran Contra, Iraq, Trump.

For all those idiots preaching high road, look forward not back, and so on - if we actually took your path, and let them off again, what reason would the Republicans have to change their behaviour? How many more decades of ratfuckery do you need before you wake the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2020 11:39 PM

Somebody is looking into her spending 14 million for her district election bid.

by Anonymousreply 77November 9, 2020 11:50 PM

[quote]As much as I hate Trump and his supporters are we seriously going after 70 million people?

Where does she talk about "going after 70 million people?" She's talking about the people in his administration, who routinely broke the law. She's not talking about rounding up Trump voters, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 78November 9, 2020 11:54 PM

Was the thread about AOC possibly leaving politics removed from DL?

by Anonymousreply 79November 10, 2020 12:06 AM

I love it how no one that thinks we should move on has pointed out that even after Biden extended a hand to them they're trying to block his transition.

The GOP threw out the rule book a long time ago and the Democrats would be idiots to keep playing by it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 10, 2020 12:06 AM

Washington is so used to having nobody pay any price for their fuckery ever. This is a very useful wake up call. Yes, your shitty, illegal policies have real world effects, and yes, you personally should pay a price. I'm not saying everyone needs to go to jail, but yes, your future employment prospects should be affected by the fact that you helped the shittiest president in history run the shittiest administration.

Barr should have been treated like a complete asshole pariah after all his Iran Contra fuckery. Instead he was hailed as the "adult" when Trump picked him. That's just one example of the stupidity of the forgive and forget policy.

by Anonymousreply 81November 10, 2020 12:09 AM

I couldn’t agree more with AOC. Biden has to say that he will represent all Americans because that’s what normal elected officials are supposed to do.

I’m not a politician and I’m not extending any olive branches to Trumpers.

666 children were separated from their parents in Trump’s concentration camps. Instead of focusing on kissing the dirty asses of rotten Trump supporters, maybe we can focus on reuniting those children with their parents.

by Anonymousreply 82November 10, 2020 12:13 AM

Yes it was, R79. A shame, because it was one of the better threads from the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 83November 10, 2020 12:17 AM

I take John McCain anytime over Bernie and his unicorn socialist morons.

by Anonymousreply 84November 10, 2020 12:54 AM

John McCain is dead, grampa. Go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 85November 10, 2020 12:59 AM

R67, none of those disgusting people should be allowed to slither their way back into polite society. They deserve to be ostracized and hounded at best, imprisoned at worst. I think those freaks are in for a surprise if they think people are just going to forget their complicit, criminal behavior!

by Anonymousreply 86November 10, 2020 1:31 AM

I agree with AOC. Except instead of creating a list, just march every one of them to the ovens.

by Anonymousreply 87November 10, 2020 1:57 AM

I know she's not popular around here, but AOC is right. I'm sick of Dems sucking Republican dick. It gets them nothing.

by Anonymousreply 88November 10, 2020 2:14 AM

Would you hire Sarah Sanders or Bill Barr? If you were considering it wouldn't you want to know their work history?

by Anonymousreply 89November 10, 2020 2:26 AM

Because FOX News sanitized or never mentioned the laws broken and other malfeasance issues, they do not believe Trump and his administration have done any bad. Only when they see this administration tried and convicted in a court of law will some of them start believing they really are criminals.

by Anonymousreply 90November 10, 2020 3:11 AM

Good! We keep being told we need to pander to Trump supporters/enablers to get their support but how many on our own team are we turning off by not showing a backbone and anger when it comes to the recunts and their sycophants? We need to make it clear that supporting that POS has consequences.

And please stop with the nazi comparisons. Our party's leaders aren't the ones telling white supremacists to 'stand back and stand by' and calling them 'good people' or doing fuck all when it's supremacists supporters are routinely outed as plotting to kidnap and torture our political opponents. The most our team does is damage a storefront. One of these things is not like the other.

by Anonymousreply 91November 10, 2020 3:32 AM

She is right, again. The lady is sharp.

by Anonymousreply 92November 10, 2020 3:41 AM

R88 AOC is actually very popular here, unless you're a Trumper or a conservative Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 93November 10, 2020 10:13 AM

If this is liberalism then I want no part of it. The Gulag archipelago wasn’t just a book you fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 94November 10, 2020 10:37 AM

Holding people legally accountable for their crimes and creating political hit lists are two very different things.

AOC is an authoritarian with a throng of self-righteous, ignorant, shallow-end, budding totalitarians shoring up her ego. Her instincts and behavior is identical to that of Trump and all leaders of autocracies. It’s not *better* just because some of her politics are environmental, it’s still autocratic bullshit.

I don’t want to live in a nation where people are thrown in gulags for wrongthink. I’m fine with people being thrown in prison for actual crimes. And, perhaps, AOC should be made an example of for rallying a mob to violate this country’s foundational belief in freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and freedom of association.

by Anonymousreply 95November 10, 2020 10:46 AM

Nice, r95. You claim that you don’t want an authoritarian state or hit list and then you outline how you want to make an example of AOC. The lady r95 doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 96November 10, 2020 10:50 AM

R96, Have you read our constitution????

by Anonymousreply 97November 10, 2020 10:51 AM

Anyone who falls in favor of political hit lists cannot simultaneously claim to want to live in a Democracy, such as the one outlined in the US Constitution, which prioritizes, before all else, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Belief and Freedom of Association. The instinct to *destroy* those considered *wrongthinkers* is an entirely totalitarian instinct.

We have laws and courts to keep order. Whether the justice system can be improved, is not the issue at hand here. Crimes are punished in legal courts, not in ideological mobs, if you live in a Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 98November 10, 2020 10:57 AM

Imagine the voter fraud issue results in Trump being reelected.

Would you be so zealously supportive of “enemies lists” that marginalize and endanger enemies of the president?

These kinds of comments don’t disappear.

Conservatives are judicious about the application of violence. When conservatives decide to employ violence because of threats from bitches like this...

I won’t be sad. She is a hateful and evil Cunt .

by Anonymousreply 99November 10, 2020 11:05 AM

Hitler and Stalin made political hit lists. Putin makes them. Kim doesn’t even both with the lists and just kills wrongthinkers. Trump makes hit lists. And now AOC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 10, 2020 11:12 AM

R98

If the courts declare Trump president again, the repercussions against people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Trotsky will be epic.

She is literally screaming fire in a crowded theater. Exiling her to Cuba would be a perfect punishment. She could enjoy her socialist paradise while working as a waitress/whore in some bar.

by Anonymousreply 101November 10, 2020 11:13 AM

A "hit list" is a list of people to murder, which is not what AOC is calling for you hysterical loon. Cram it, Boris.

Ignore these right wing trolls. Politico itself is accused of being right wing at times. Republicans smear democrats far far worse than anything AOC is calling for so asking her and the rest of us to "be civil" to Trump fascists once he's gone is ludicrous.

Also: he's refusing to leave at this very moment. At some point his supporters and enablers become literal traitors. These criticisms are fair and necessary, and won't crumble from the usual GOP talking points or disinformation campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 102November 10, 2020 11:17 AM

Republicans do this shit all the time. Wreck the place then pretend they had nothing to do with it. Pass massive, stupid tax cuts for the rich and then piss and moan about the deficit that seems to have magically appeared. Commit crimes, start wars and fuck them up, and then slink away to pretend they were really Tea Party or some shit. Yes, we do need a reminder of who the assholes were in the administration and in Congress throughout this crime spree.

by Anonymousreply 103November 10, 2020 12:34 PM

What Trump administration dear?

by Anonymousreply 104November 10, 2020 12:47 PM

I wish she could just the fuck up. She is the only thing Fox News talking about this day. The old/new boogeyman for deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 105November 10, 2020 12:48 PM

So, the process for investigating and prosecuting crimes, in the United States, is to present evidence to law enforcement and, for elected officials, to create Congressional investigatory committees. Stoking ideological mobs on Twitter and encouraging them to create hit lists and ruin people’s lives is not part of that process. As a member of Congress, AOC could present her argument to a handful of colleagues and, if they agree that there should be a formal investigation, they can for a committee to conduct one or several. We do not live in a nation of mob rule. We live in a nation of laws.

by Anonymousreply 106November 10, 2020 12:54 PM

"We live in a nation of laws."

Bwahahahahahahahaha! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 107November 10, 2020 12:58 PM

R107, so, you want to keep living in Trump’s America? Cuz that what you’re implying. That you have no desire to return to a world of civility and order.

by Anonymousreply 108November 10, 2020 1:00 PM

"Stoking ideological mobs on Twitter."

If Trump can do it why can't anybody else?

Take your sanctimonious bullshit elsewhere, R106.

by Anonymousreply 109November 10, 2020 1:00 PM

Dear R108: Do you honestly think Donald Trump is just going to go gracefully into that good night? Do you honestly think the Republican Party is going to uphold the election? Do you honestly think that the 72 million people who voted for a pathological liar/con artist/grifter give a rat's ass about civility and order? Are you really that god damned naive?

by Anonymousreply 110November 10, 2020 1:06 PM

R109, so you want a leader like Trump? You want an authoritarian nation full of lynch mobs? You want anyone who disagrees with your party line to be silenced, by whatever means necessary?

That’s not what America is about. North Korea goes for that shit. Russia is living under that kind of rule. The United States was not formed to be a totalitarian nightmare. And it’s profoundly disturbing that you, like the MAGAts, are fine with it as long as the autocrat in charge is your autocrat.

by Anonymousreply 111November 10, 2020 1:09 PM

Courts & Laws not Lynch Mobs. That any American would advocate for the latter is grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 112November 10, 2020 1:09 PM

Read the Constitution, Alexandrites. It won’t hurt you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 10, 2020 1:16 PM

R111, you sound just like Neville Chamberlain in 1939, all highfalutin, and waxing lyrical about dignity and respect, while your adversary is all too ready, willing and able to annihilate you. Republicans are engaged in strategic warfare on Democracy and want to establish a right wing dictatorship, and you and people like you are all too willing to go along with it, simply because of "decorum."

What I want, R111 (and I said this somewhere upthread) is a Nuremberg type tribunal where Trump and all of his lackeys and toadies are put on trial where all of their misdeeds are brought out in the open, then they're disciplined appropriately.

If you don't have the stomach for that, too bad, cause I sure as hell do and would be more than willing to take on that task.

by Anonymousreply 114November 10, 2020 1:18 PM

Dear R113:

In case you've been asleep for the last 4 years, Donald Trump wipes his fat, white entitled, shit encrusted ass with the US Constitution on a daily basis, and more recently, so does Bill Barr.

by Anonymousreply 115November 10, 2020 1:23 PM

I sound like someone who has read the Constitution and studied totalitarianism.

by Anonymousreply 116November 10, 2020 1:24 PM

While i don't believe in mass persecutions i believe that there should be standards in government and that people complicit in this circus that has been going on for the past 4 years should not be allowed to partake in government again. Perhaps if the Bush supporters suffered the consequences of their complicity then there would not have been the T-r-u-m-p era.

by Anonymousreply 117November 10, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote]Fascists must be crushed.

Whelp, you could start with Ocasio-Cortez and her Hitler-wannabe ideas of mob justice. Then continue with every one of the posters on this thread. Except for R106, who has a far greater sensibility and understanding about rule of law than the rest of you mindless thugs.

by Anonymousreply 118November 10, 2020 1:28 PM

She's not saying expel them from employment ever again. She's saying keep it on record, as many will try their hardest to hide any media trace of it. She's 100% correct. "Ex-Trump staffer" (etc) must be appended to anyone possible. If you want to take them on for whatever reason, that's your choice, but they're a Trump worker. They wanted to get somewhere through doing Trump's deeds even at his most terrible.

If you're scared about it, get over it, Trump is terrible and he lost and we'll remember who defended him regularly.

by Anonymousreply 119November 10, 2020 2:22 PM

I’ll NEVER FORGET!!! Fuck these cunts!

by Anonymousreply 120November 10, 2020 5:20 PM

Please block any false equivalency trolls equating AOC and nazis. These are easy trolls to spot. They’re doing it to divide the Democrats and if you can’t see that or be bothered by it then you’re part of the problem too.

by Anonymousreply 121November 10, 2020 5:26 PM

R121, they showed their hand on that other AOC thread that got deleted. Starting threads about AOC is apparently their new marching order. Their time is running out and they're running scared and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 122November 10, 2020 5:31 PM

AOC is dividing the Democrats. She is a Marxist and is a hero in her own mind. She sees everything in terms of black and white. I hate Trump, but I don’t like her retarded ass any better tbh.

by Anonymousreply 123November 10, 2020 5:36 PM

No more about AOC unless she has a huge cock and isn't a she.

by Anonymousreply 124November 10, 2020 5:37 PM

R123, She is not a Marxist. Marxism is founded upon the observation of class struggle. AOC does not believe that (1) women are sex class, (2) subject to oppression on the basis of their biology nor (3) that the law should be leveraged in an attempt to balance out the inherent inequalities women face because of their sex. AOC believes men are women, if they say so, even when that puts women in danger or prevents anyone from filing sexual discrimination law suits. AOC does not believe in biology, stands against women’s rights and subscribes to a dogma that posits that homosexuality is bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 125November 10, 2020 5:44 PM

She's a racist Israel-hating bitch who needs to be canceled herself.

by Anonymousreply 126November 10, 2020 5:50 PM

AOC supports Mermaids, an organization which was founded to chemically sterilize and surgically maim the primary and secondary sex organs of gender non-conforming and mostly gay children. Mermaids feeds children into the Tavistock Gender Clinic. Leaked records show that homophobia in the families of the children recommended for transition was a factor in 100% of cases. 100%. If this is your idea of *progress*, you’re through the looking glass.

by Anonymousreply 127November 10, 2020 5:55 PM

I support lynch mobs for anyone who supports lynch mobs.

by Anonymousreply 128November 10, 2020 5:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 10, 2020 6:01 PM

R127 is why AOC needs to be on the receiving end of what she advocates.

by Anonymousreply 130November 10, 2020 6:02 PM

"AOC is dividing the Democrats."

No she isn't. Democrats are dividing themselves. Just today, the Democratic Senator from West Virginia, Joe Manchin, stated he will absolutely not support any attempt to enlarge the Supreme Court, even if Democrats win the two seats in GA.

"I hate Trump."

No you don't. You'd lick Trump's shit encrusted asshole in a New York minute, which explains why you are here, troll.

by Anonymousreply 131November 10, 2020 6:08 PM

Wow, all the cuckoos come out to bash AOC.

This place is really something.

by Anonymousreply 132November 10, 2020 6:18 PM

Mental health slurs are hate speech, R132, especially when they used to call gays that to justify locking us up.

by Anonymousreply 133November 10, 2020 6:22 PM

It's just the Party of Personal Responsibility stating their boundaries, r132, which are that Republicans must never be held accountable for any of the shit they do. It's everyone's job to pretend that the entire Republican Party was born yesterday and nothing they've done in the past ever matters.

by Anonymousreply 134November 10, 2020 6:24 PM

R133 is right. It is an egregious sin to question the mental health of another person on the internet. Only a depraved Democrat would do such a thing. Republicans and Trumpers are such sensitive supporters of mental health care and people experiencing mental health crises, they would never engage in such incivility. It's simply awful, just awful.

by Anonymousreply 135November 10, 2020 6:26 PM

To the voice of reason at R106, still wanna take the high road?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 10, 2020 6:35 PM

R121, if AOC can criticize Democrats, then Democrats can criticize her in return.

As I said on the now-deleted thread, no one was pulling the "she's a Nazi cunt" shit until some overzealous AOC defender accused everyone of doing it, even though they hadn't. Suddenly someone DID show up with the "she's just like Trump, she's a Nazi" trolling, which was awfully convenient.

A lot of the trolling done around here is by people who play both sides: they say something heinous with one account, then scream about how awful it was with a second account. The goal is to shut down discussion and basically frame the other side as awful. You can have 20 people saying reasonable things and then the 21st shows up with "Nazi cunt Trumpster bitch fuck cunt her darkie fuck!!!!" and someone like you blames all 21 people for it.

by Anonymousreply 137November 10, 2020 6:43 PM

8 Trolls in a row

by Anonymousreply 138November 10, 2020 6:53 PM

Pete should get on Faux News again, reminding everyone that AlwaysOnCamera is just a freshman congress women who doesn't represent the core principles of the democratic party and that shouting like she did as a bartender in the pubs she worked is not politics.

by Anonymousreply 139November 10, 2020 6:53 PM

[quote] Somebody is looking into her spending 14 million for her district election bid.

Let's start by noting her Republican opponent spent $10 million

by Anonymousreply 140November 10, 2020 6:54 PM

Actually, R139, AOC has much more standing in the community than Mayor Pete. AOC is a congress woman. Right now, Mayor Pete is nothing. If Trump and the Republicans successfully contest the election, he will continue to be a nothing.

by Anonymousreply 141November 10, 2020 6:57 PM

And every candidate that supported Medicare for All won re-election, even in swing states. Every candidate but one who supported the Green New Deal also won.

So the centrists who lost can stop blaming AOC and the left. for their losses

by Anonymousreply 142November 10, 2020 7:03 PM

Can we cancel these Trumpista trolls for good now! Seriously. I hope Biden and EU sanction Russia to the middle ages and these shitstains end up on a Moscow street in the middle of winter.

by Anonymousreply 143November 10, 2020 7:05 PM

Aw, look at all the racists getting nervous.

by Anonymousreply 144November 10, 2020 7:17 PM

Of course, those GOP hypocrites are traitors. So what else is new?

Most of Dump's disgusting agenda was approved by those hateful bastards. They likely came up with most of his ideas, especially the massive tax cuts for the rich and the babies in cages. Dump was nothing but a useful idiot for Moscow Mitch and the rest of those vile bastards.

The GOP have always been about party over the tax paying American public. They've always been about the rich and corporations, never about working people. They especially hate poor people, they'd love to see them die in the street. All the GOP want from Americans are our taxes.

None of this should be a surprise to anyone with a functioning brain.

by Anonymousreply 145November 10, 2020 7:23 PM

Fine, no hit list. How about a cuntpunch/dickpunch list?

by Anonymousreply 146November 10, 2020 9:59 PM

Who are these enablers? Should they be left to go scot free to pursue their careers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 11, 2020 7:03 PM

What AOC tweeted:

[quote]“Is anyone archiving these Trump sycophants for when they try to downplay or deny their complicity in the future?”

How Politico spun it:

[quote]Rarely a healthy sign in any democracy, the enemies lists...

Since when did preserving communications and holding people accountable for what they actual say and do constitute an "enemies list?"

Why is Politico trying to spin preservation and accountability as equivalent to Republican communist witch hunts of the 1940s and 50s?

by Anonymousreply 148November 11, 2020 7:14 PM

There are now 70 million complicit Trump supporting criminals in the US. The only answer is death camps. The rest of us would be way better off without the racist, deplorable scum!

by Anonymousreply 149November 11, 2020 9:50 PM

AOC is just as stupid and as big a trash mouth as Donald Trump ever was. The both of them just say whatever enters their minds and seem to think that makes it worth sharing.

by Anonymousreply 150November 11, 2020 10:36 PM

no, r150, AOC is better, much better. Trump sucks in every way and has never given a shit about anything but himself, his money, and his fame. AOC actually wants a better country for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 151November 11, 2020 10:38 PM

AOC is just another indicator of how far our Republic has declined in recent years. After four years of the farce that was the Trump administration, she and her friends are going to do their best to make things worse in the name of the victorious Democratic party. We all loose with these idiots in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 152November 11, 2020 10:41 PM

I'm not sure anyone is that worried. If you know the law and she apparently doesn't, you can't just circumvent due process as you see fit because her constitutes like the sound of it.

by Anonymousreply 153November 11, 2020 10:48 PM

the right wing spent DAYS talking about how scary it is that progressives are making lists. Seriously, DAYS of how awful this was, how fascist it was.

Yesterday, a top Pentagon official resigned/got fired and everyone gave him a "clap out" meaning they stood and clapped for him as he left. It was reported today that the White House wants a list of any political appointees who stood and clapped so that they could be fired. No joke. Shit is getting crazy at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 154November 11, 2020 11:01 PM

And she's right and has the balls to say it. It's OK for Republicans to make threats, but Democrats should pussyfoot around them? These are the people who defended and sided with far right, including neonazis, and what she's saying is bad?? They should be so lucky that cancellation is all they'll have to face.

by Anonymousreply 155November 11, 2020 11:13 PM

80-90% of the twitter followers that like #AlwaysOnCamera posts are dodgy looking - 5 to 50 followers of 5 year old accounts.

She's artificially bumped up by Russian/Gop bots, because they know the more these unicorn socialists talk the more it damages Dems.

by Anonymousreply 156November 12, 2020 12:27 AM

If Barr had been canceled after he'd been AG under Dubya, we wouldn't have to suffer his assholery again today. .

by Anonymousreply 157November 12, 2020 12:33 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 12, 2020 6:42 AM

r157 Bill Barr was attorney general under Bush Senior. And he was specifically brought in because he wasn't going to pursue Iran Contra. Which is why Trump picked him. Barr is an ultimate team player who believes in expanding executive branch power

by Anonymousreply 159November 12, 2020 6:57 AM

Agree with AOC. Trump caused so many deaths . Never have a shit. His supporters have blood on their hands and we shall not forget.

by Anonymousreply 160November 12, 2020 7:05 AM

r160, then you have to agree with Trump creating a hit list right now of everyone who applauded Esper.

by Anonymousreply 161November 12, 2020 7:10 AM

Good for her and I agree, FUCK DUMP SUPPORTERS.

by Anonymousreply 162November 12, 2020 7:27 AM

The GOP politicians you can vote the motherfuckin out. The professional enablers on staff need to have blood in their White House resumes. These jobs are highly sought after and you have to have political pull to get in the door. Anyone working for Trump unless they were already in the service are assholes who came to fulfil his agenda. Fuck them. AOC is right on. You go girl!

by Anonymousreply 163November 12, 2020 7:48 AM

TL;DR. It's necessary that we bring to light ANY AND ALL illegalities and compromising behavior that the Dump administration unleashed upon us. The never-ending Covid deaths are on his watch and he did nothing to help in the matter. All of the kompromat he holds with his cult followers needs to be investigated. All those assholes that did not answer to subpoenas should have a felony offense slapped on their records. All the money Dumb pocketed from taxpayers need to be reimbursed as well as all infractions any infractions to the emoluments clause. We need to publish the full un-redacted version of the Meuller Report and complete those Grand Jury investigations.

I could go on, however, the point is not all about retribution or revenge. It's our duty to make sure it never happens again. Hopefully, we can manage to destroy the entire Republican Party. That should be the long term goal.

by Anonymousreply 164November 12, 2020 8:16 AM

We need an update of the old fashioned shunning.

by Anonymousreply 165November 12, 2020 3:50 PM

r165 They've already done their 'rumspringa,' so a shunning IS in order.

by Anonymousreply 166November 12, 2020 3:56 PM

Rumpringa? Explain to us Oh Ancient One!

by Anonymousreply 167November 12, 2020 4:52 PM

she is the reason why so many cuban, venezuelans and nicaraguans switched to the republican party. now, cuban right wing nedia is saying that it is an example of communism persecuting poeple who do not agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 168November 12, 2020 4:59 PM

R127 I don't see how anyone could take an organization called "Mermaids" seriously.

by Anonymousreply 169November 12, 2020 8:20 PM

R168 Cubans were mostly Republican long before AOC was even born.

by Anonymousreply 170November 12, 2020 8:21 PM

“It’s all a big club, and you’re not in it.”

- Reason why none of these White House officials are in the least concerned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 12, 2020 8:26 PM

The Trump administration is a cancer and it must be rooted out entirely.

by Anonymousreply 172November 12, 2020 8:29 PM

Exactly, R154, which is why Boris and Cletus are stroking out over AOC. It's all distractions, 24/7 from the right wing loons. They have nothing else. They never have.

by Anonymousreply 173November 12, 2020 11:58 PM

The job hunt from within the White House is not easy.

"Trump officials who were especially combative on Twitter are viewed as ‘pretty toxic,’ said one Republican operative, and are being advised to seek work in less political venues first, providing a sort of cooling-off period,” the Post reports before adding that many of those same staffers are working from home now leaving the White House empty and dark."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 6, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote]she is the reason why so many cuban, venezuelans and nicaraguans switched to the republican party. now, cuban right wing nedia is saying that it is an example of communism persecuting poeple who do not agree with them.

I've known many Cubans and they were all devoutly Catholic. And they can tell a fake Catholic (Biden, Pelosi, Kerry) from a devout one faster than you can say communism.

by Anonymousreply 175December 6, 2020 1:54 PM

Cancel Birx. She wants to continue in the Biden administration.

by Anonymousreply 176December 10, 2020 11:08 PM

Trump’s Ruthless Band of Democracy Killers Deserve No Cushy Gigs.

Now is the moment that the members of the Trump administration will cash out—slightly ironic, since they’ve been cashing in on taxpayers since January 2017 by using government funds to throw dinner parties (Mike Pompeo) or never flying commercial (Steve Mnuchin), or using government employees to collect your used mattresses and favorite lotions (Scott “Tactical Pants” Pruitt, if you remember him). Some of the very worst of the crew are Scott “Let Them Die” Atlas, Wilbur “Didn’t Divest” Ross, and the man who knew better but didn’t do better—Mark Meadows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 11, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote]The job hunt from within the White House is not easy.

Remember when they whined they couldn't get dates. They should have known back then things would only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2020 4:46 AM

It's not just Trumpers for it's a question of the quality of public service.

If Biden takes Rahm Emanuel in, it says a lot about what we can expect our not expect from his presidency.

Is this an Obama pressure point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 12, 2020 5:20 AM

"Cancel" is a bullshit trendy buzzword. What is the problem with holding people accountable?

That aside, AOC is plenty capable of saying stupid shit, but she is right about this.

More generally, Democrats desperately more people who will fight at least as hard, rough, aggressively as the R's.

Incidentally, at this point I'm not worried about Biden trying to play nice... or allegedly doing so -- if he's willing to hammer those motherfuckers when they're committed to being motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 180December 12, 2020 7:07 AM

A woman was just removed from committees for threatening Trump supporters. Don't think AOC won't cross a line like that.

by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2020 7:46 AM

This is the partisan incident Boris @R181 ia referring to. It's the Michigan GOP acting like fascists, again, while Boris at R181 tries to flip it around and make the Democrats "the real fascists."

[quote]The Michigan House's Republican leaders have taken away the committee assignments of Democratic Rep. Cynthia Johnson after the Detroit lawmaker issued a "warning" to "you Trumpers" in a Tuesday night Facebook post.

[quote]Johnson had been the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, the panel that heard testimony Dec. 2 from President Donald Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani. She pushed back on Giuliani's unproven claims of election fraud and said his witnesses were lying. Afterward, she received death threats from Trump supporters.

Go back to Moscow, R181.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2020 12:23 PM

Oy. Same old. Will the DP never learn?

"President-elect Joe Biden is considering some well-known Republicans — think Meg Whitman types — for Commerce secretary as a way to signal to red-state Americans he understands their concerns and plans to address them.

The big picture: Biden's team is debating the political upside of an across-the-aisle pick, and it's still very possible the president-elect will settle on an all-Democratic Cabinet, according to people familiar with the matter."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183December 16, 2020 8:55 AM

I wish AlwaysOnCamera would talk less and actually do more.

by Anonymousreply 184December 16, 2020 9:05 AM

This concept worked well for Madame LaFarge.

by Anonymousreply 185December 16, 2020 9:26 AM

"Cancel Birx. She wants to continue in the Biden administration"

No, make her fix what she fucked-up.

by Anonymousreply 186December 16, 2020 9:32 AM

"It is my sense, and I know you said in an interview with Hugh Hewitt, you haven't ruled out a run in 2024," said Wallace. "I don't remember you coming out and forcefully pushing back against Donald Trump's comments on the 'Access Hollywood' tape ... I didn't hear you, after he called African nations bleep-hole nations. I didn't hear you distance yourself from this president at any point until the target for his ire and lawlessness was the democracy you haven't ruled out leading in four years. Are you simply making a political calculation that you could clean the Trump stink off you faster than Marco Rubio or some of the other competitors?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 23, 2020 7:28 AM

All companies should be required by law to give 33-49% ownership to its workers.

by Anonymousreply 188December 24, 2020 11:09 PM

Isn't this what AOC means? No one will want to hire anyone from Trumpworld.

"Lawyer Cleta Mitchell was outed for working for President Donald Trump in his attempt to overthrow the 2020 election results. It has been something that most law firms want nothing to do with because the attorneys who have attempted to file lawsuits have come off looking like a joke to the occupation. For firms who rely on their good name, any firm working with Trump's legal team are going to come off looking foolish."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2021 10:13 PM

She’s a retard.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2021 10:18 PM

She’s absolutely right. They tampered with our democracy and need to be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2021 10:21 PM

Obviously she's right on target. The Trump brand is toxic now.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2021 10:21 PM

This thread isn't looking so good now that we have Trump on tape trying to steal the election, the GOP going along with it, and his supporters standing by. AOC was right all along.

by Anonymousreply 193January 6, 2021 1:00 AM

Go back to Beijing, R182.

by Anonymousreply 194January 6, 2021 3:14 AM

She's 100 percent right

by Anonymousreply 195January 6, 2021 9:43 PM

Bump this thread forever and ever. Never let them forget this day of treason.

by Anonymousreply 196January 6, 2021 10:10 PM

America will never forget this, r196.

by Anonymousreply 197January 6, 2021 10:16 PM

Treason bump

by Anonymousreply 198January 7, 2021 10:05 AM

"While one Trump official claimed they have been searching for a landing spot for two years now, the latest report stated that the invasion of the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump partisans has made their job searches even harder."

And so it shall be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 8, 2021 11:48 AM

^^ ' According to Olivia Troye, a former White House official who left months ago and has become a vociferous critic of the president, "I've had conversations with people who've worked on the national security teams, many who are career intelligence officers, who are concerned about what happens next. People who are hiring see everything that's happened and have to question your morals and ethics — especially in terms of what continues to happen today — on why you chose to work for that environment."

Illustrating the pushback current and former Trump officials are facing, one aide still looking for a job "recalled a conversation in which they were told that they were considered part of the 'Hitler Youth,'" adding, "That attitude is not helpful."

With Troye admitting one potential employer telling her association with the current administration is considered a "liability," Elizabeth Neumann, another former Homeland Security official told Politico, "While junior-level employees working on noncontroversial issues might not have problems finding new employment, anyone associated with controversial Trump policies, such as immigration, were blacklisted."

Particularly damning is any association with the Trump child separation policies'

by Anonymousreply 200January 8, 2021 11:52 AM

AOC is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT correct. AGAIN. All of Trump supporters need to be eradicated from the government.

by Anonymousreply 201January 8, 2021 12:11 PM

AOC WAS RIGHT BUMP

by Anonymousreply 202January 8, 2021 5:02 PM

I agree. This isn't some kind of totalitarian "cultural purification" initiative. It's like this:

[quote]but the idea that a sitting member of Congress wants to purge from society and ostracize us should scare the American people.

No, idiot, YOU scare the American people. It's not calling for these people to be sent to reeducation camps; it's a warning that people like you enabled a wannabe dictator and were perfectly OK with it. We now know what you're capable of, even if you think you're completely normal. We're protecting ourselves against YOU.

by Anonymousreply 203January 8, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]That type of rhetoric is terrifying when you have 70 million Americans who voted for this president. It might start with Trump officials but what if they go further?”

Elections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 204January 8, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]purge from society and ostracize us

Unlike the MAGAts who just want to take the country by force and shoot anyone they don't like?

You fucking Trump traitors are really something else. You're all about civility and respect, and law and order, except for when you're cheering on cops for shooting black people or storming our nation's capital to overthrow our democracy. FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 205January 8, 2021 10:38 PM

Sedition bump

by Anonymousreply 206January 11, 2021 5:08 PM

Make me a dirty martini.

by Anonymousreply 207January 11, 2021 5:17 PM

Any politician who supported the LIE that the election was crooked, stolen, deserves to be cancelled. Lying has consequences especially in public service. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 208January 11, 2021 5:30 PM

Well, well looks like she was fucking right again.

by Anonymousreply 209January 11, 2021 6:04 PM

She was right all along and look at the fucking trolls on this thread. Some of these replies aged REALLY badly by 1/6/21.

BUMP THIS THREAD FOREVER.

by Anonymousreply 210January 11, 2021 6:06 PM

Hey R168, got any more updates from CUBAN RIGHT WING RADIO, ya fucking Nazi?

by Anonymousreply 211January 11, 2021 6:06 PM

May none of them ever find a job again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 21, 2021 7:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!