Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sec of State Mike Pompeo's Coup de Graceless

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2020 3:17 AM

As I said even before the election, the crowds you will see celebrating Biden's victory will be nothing compared to the ones coming for the Trump family if they refuse to peacefully leave. There are not enough MAGAts to protect him from the unholy hell coming for him if he doesn't leave. 70M may have voted for him, but they're mostly just idiots who vote for anything with an "R."

The hate for him is far more vast and far more powerful. He better fucking leave.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2020 5:55 PM

Do you get the feeling they're all tiptoeing around trying not to say or do anything that'll set him off?

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2020 5:56 PM

I think they're definitely doing the self-preservation thing, but at the cost of this country. They know this parasite lost, but they're willing to destroy this country to feed his ego and preserve his flying monkey roach base for themselves and their own political futures.

It's not a joke. We need to separate. I'm tired of paying for these disgusting red states who pay NOTHING and have smaller populations than my fucking neighborhood, to have more power than I do. What is this shit??? The Senate does not represent the majority of the population. The majority of this country votes Dem at every level.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2020 6:01 PM

That's the thing R1- Trump and his cohorts don't care if a civil war erupts or if mass casualties are the result- they're willing to roll the dice on American people's lives because they have control of the Armed forces and have broad support among LEO. Meanwhile, they'll be safe inside their fucking bunkers. When everything is said and done, they just send out a clean-up crew, and they're still in charge- voila. The MAGATS still don't get that they're nothing but flesh pawns to be sacrificed by this Administration nothing more. Only the Democrats value individual lives at this point- and they know it- which is why we're in this stand-off in the first place. Biden, Pelosi, et al don't want to pull the trigger on a direct confrontation unless there is absolutely no other option.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2020 6:03 PM

The armed forces swore an oath to serve the constitution. Their duty is to fight against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. These are domestic terrorists holding the country hostage. It is their sworn duty to remove them.

My God, how low must someone be to die on a hill for Donald fucking Trump, a shit who called military people "suckers and losers" and who has never once in his life sacrificed a fucking things. How damaged an individual must you be to see that pile of shit as someone to emulate? He is repulsive in every way.

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2020 6:08 PM

To have the Secretary of State tell the world that America is not going to accept the results of an election and will instead perform an illegal coup so a leader can stay in power....is just wow. Stunning.

We have fallen so low as a county.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2020 6:10 PM

"That's the thing R1- Trump and his cohorts don't care if a civil war erupts or if mass casualties are the result- they're willing to roll the dice on American people's lives because they have control of the Armed forces and have broad support among LEO."

Trump actually didn't get a ton of military votes in 2020 - that's what happens when you call veterans losers and suckers

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2020 6:11 PM

Trump will never scare me as much as those who should know better. He's a fucking clown who appeals to idiots at the carnival. The ones like Pompeo and Barr are the ones who frighten me.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2020 6:16 PM

Terrorism against GOP targets is now justified in my book. In fact, it isn't even terrorism to me anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2020 6:16 PM

We must make nice with our Republican masters. We must not do anything to upset them. It's more important we preserve our dignity and honor than actually fight for what we believe is right.

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2020 6:21 PM

This administration is worse than a bunch of whining toddlers.

Kill them all.

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2020 6:26 PM

We will end up like a thrd world country with other leaders issuing statements that they don't accept Trump as a legitimate leader.

It's not remotely funny now. It kinda was on Saturday. Ha ha ha he's golfing and eating McD's ha ha but now that his henchmen are all lining up behind him I am starting to think he may indeed be removed out of there in January.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2020 6:35 PM

This reminds me of the early days of COVID. Cases were growing exponentially in other countries, but American government, media, and most of the public spoke and behaved like it somehow wouldn't happen here. As if American bodies are biological anomalies and are immune to viruses and, now, as if the US is some exception to having its democracy toppled. We are dealign with a psychopath and his powerful enablers. Underestimating them is the worst possible thing we can do right now.

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2020 6:41 PM

FOR FUCK SAKE, ENOUGH!!!! 5 THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT ALREADY. THEY ARE TROLLING THE LEFT AND THE LEFT KEEPS FEEDING THEM WITH ALL THIS COUP NONSENSE. EXHAUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2020 6:44 PM

Someone make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2020 6:46 PM

R14, Pompeo announced this morning that there will be a "smooth transition to a second Trump administration." You'd have to be a complete fool to not take this seriously.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2020 6:51 PM

Fuck this pig-eyed sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2020 6:53 PM

R16, he was making a stupid joke to see snowflakes like you to freak out. Watch the video. You fucking idiot!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2020 6:54 PM

We need to be careful about how this is dealt with by media and on social media.

I did not think that this was a big deal (the refusal to concede the race by Trump) until today.

I100% believe that it is all bluster and bullshit, however, I also believe that there are people close to this administration who are currently doing everything possible to incite civil unrest and start a chain of events that will lead to all our declarations of civil war and mass chaos.

Trump is not a decent dude. He wouldn’t care if he saw a domestic terrorism incident before leaving office.

He really is a psychopath and his hardcore followers are as well. Don’t underestimate the very small percentage of people who are willing to actually hurt others and even lose their own freedom or life for this turd.

I am being really careful as far as the next week. People and America are no longer normal.

We’re just not. We have lost basic civility and common decency. It’s going to take lots of work to get us out of where we are right now.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2020 6:55 PM

R18, you can go fuck yourself. We know exactly who the actually snowflakes are and all he has done is give ammo to those snowflake Trump supporters with his "joke," They will not see whatever context you claim. They will only see it in print and take it to validate Trump's lies.

This is what you dickheads do. You get apoplectic over every fucking thing AOC or Omar say, but serious shit like this from white conservatives ALWAYS gets a brush-off "Oh, it was just a joke for you snowflakes." Fuck you, enabling tool.

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2020 6:58 PM

Bullshit R18, I watched it and he was dead serious.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2020 7:05 PM

[quote] We will end up like a thrd world country with other leaders issuing statements that they don't accept Trump as a legitimate leader.

They had fucking better.

Then they'd better fucking invade.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2020 7:06 PM

If they can incite some bloodshed, they will surely take it and run with it.

This is a tactic that isn’t being deployed against Biden-Harris or even the election results. It is a tactic being used against the American citizenry.

This is how they get an actual coup. If we flinch or devolve into violence and bedlam? It’s on and possibly over.

We need to be smarter than these pieces of shit.

Our election was and remains 100% legitimate. We will prove that by remaining calm and allowing for our people to move forward with their plans and new jobs that are awaiting them on 1/20/2021.

We voted. We the people chose a new POTUS and his name is Joseph Biden.

Period. End of story. Anything else is just bullshit and we’re smarter than any of that.

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote]The armed forces swore an oath to serve the constitution. Their duty is to fight against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. These are domestic terrorists holding the country hostage. It is their sworn duty to remove them.

They're Republicans. The Constitution doesn't mean shit to them.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2020 7:13 PM

R18, how is mentioning a plan to disregard election results while acting in your professional capacity a joke? Note that during that exchange he never once mr ruined Biden,

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2020 7:13 PM

R25, we all knew this is going to happen. I remember Nancy saying last Summer that Trump would need to be fumigated out of the White House. Nothing new. nothing to see here. This will be a non stop circus and chaos until Jan 20. But they will all be out. Just calm your tits down!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2020 7:18 PM

Riot riot riot. If he doesn’t concede the whole house is coming down. Fuck these fascists.

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2020 7:20 PM

you all joke but this is geniuinely terrifying to me, bc we see Belarus and other places where fascism takes root. Now the people at the head are actually subverting democracy. This is literally saying elections don't matter, they can be cancelled and the dictator can continue his reign. Pompeo needs to step down, or this is tacitly acknowledging there is no longer a United States. Anyone feel this way or am I the overreacting one? Because this is NOT FUCKING NORMAL.

by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2020 7:22 PM

I feel the same r28. Today was a turning point with Mcturtle and fat fucks pompeo and barr

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2020 7:24 PM

Epic burn from the NPR whom he asked to point out Ukraine on an unlabeled map, which she did successfully.

[quote] Might Pompeo point us to a state on the map where there's evidence of widespread voter fraud?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 10, 2020 7:35 PM

PE Biden has a press conference since Pompeo's idiotic comment. FF to :45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2020 7:39 PM

Nancy has a funny way of putting things sometimes but she can read Trump like a book.

by Anonymousreply 32November 10, 2020 7:41 PM

In the video at R31 that chuckle PE Biden gave at 7:14 when he mentioned Pompeo's name saId VOLUMES!

by Anonymousreply 33November 10, 2020 7:45 PM

R30, ***chef's kiss****

by Anonymousreply 34November 10, 2020 7:49 PM

Guys, we have to remain calm.

This is absolutely 100% not normal and this is exactly how fascist regimes introduce totalitarian.

Putin has been doing this in Russia for what, over 20 years? I am definitely taking these threats to not concede seriously because this is how it starts and we all know this if we studied our history books.

I 100% believe that if they can trigger a significant incident here in the United States and//or perhaps even abroad, it could happen.

No one has ever done or said what these men are getting on national and international television and saying.

This could even be a thing pre-planned & agrees upon by everyone if you really wanna get creative, however, I am certain not that this is NOT the case.

Wanna know what really fucks with my head?

That I and others out there who were saying that this is where this has all been headed are and were correct.

We weren’t being drama queens and this is NOT about conservatives versus liberals or Christians versus atheists or patriots versus “un-American snowflakes”.

This is what authoritarian rule and totalitarianism look like. This is how dictators are born. This is NOT in any way similar to Gore v. Bush, and there isn’t one single shred of evidence that has been placed in front of any court of law or judge anywhere in this nation of ours claiming that any of these election fraud claims are true or legitimate, and I promise you all that in January, on the 20th day of 2021, our President Elect Biden WILL be sworn in and life will go on. But THIS is how close we were and presently are to losing our democracy, and the scariest part of it is that at minimum, 30% or more of Americans would actually support us going into a full on authoritarian-totalitarian state and willingly give up their rights as Americans to vote and would relinquish our actual freedoms, GLADLY, over Cult of Personality worship and idolatry of a man who they have almost if not completely deified.

They tested it by convincing people all over to forego wearing masks, even at their possible peril, and the risking the lives of their loved ones, so they know that it is entirely possible now, and if they could do it, they would do it.

That’s what is scary AF here. We are SO SO close to becoming Russia 2.0, and no one on the other side who has fallen under the spell of this evil gulag of slime can see it.

So yeah. I am here to valuate any one who is worried.

We’re gonna be OK, but NEVER, EVER FORGET THIS HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2020 7:53 PM

GOP is projecting when they allege fraud. I 100% believe that they rigged voting machines in key states and/or looked the other way when some foreign entity was doing it. COVID ruined their plans. GOP leadership has already declared war on mail-in ballots.

The GOP is entirely corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2020 7:57 PM

They just have to "select" and/or coerce enough electors and the Electoral College will vote in Trump. Faithless Electors are a probability. And it will be legal. What a strange form of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 37November 10, 2020 7:59 PM

R37, wrong. SCOTUS declared faithless electors illegal.

by Anonymousreply 38November 10, 2020 8:01 PM

Love that Joe is laughing at them in that presser. Also like that he's really making Kamala his right hand woman and giving her the opportunity to speak too. Such a breath of fresh air to have a secure man in the WH who is not afraid to delegate and allow those he appoints to run shit rather than stroke him off day in and day out as 45 did.

by Anonymousreply 39November 10, 2020 8:05 PM

Biden: "Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo, heh heh heh, Mike Pompeo, heh heh".

That was the chuckle heard round the world.

by Anonymousreply 40November 10, 2020 8:39 PM

Biden seems unusually calm. Is this purposeful because he knows what they’re planning to do and will block them or because he knows he will be protected and backed by the military? This would be huge!

by Anonymousreply 41November 10, 2020 11:24 PM

No, r41.

by Anonymousreply 42November 10, 2020 11:28 PM

I think Biden was so calm because he knows this is all for show. Trump most likely has been ordering these people to go before the cameras and say the insane things they've been saying. They're just tying to keep their paychecks coming as long as possible since they know Trump's on a firing tear right now.

by Anonymousreply 43November 10, 2020 11:32 PM

[bold]3. Pompeo plans unprecedented West Bank trip[/bold]

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is planning to visit the Golan Heights and an Israeli settlement in the West Bank next week, both firsts for a U.S. secretary of state, Axios' Barak Ravid scoops.

Why it matters: Since 1967, all previous U.S. administrations have treated the West Bank and Golan Heights as occupied territory.

The big picture: The trip seems intended to highlight the Trump administration's policy shifts on Israel. For Pompeo, it also has domestic political significance ahead of a possible presidential run in 2024.

Pompeo has repeatedly highlighted his close links to Israel, including by addressing the Republican National Convention from Jerusalem. He was also the first secretary of state to make an official visit to the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

How we got here: Last November, Pompeo annulled a State Department legal opinion from 1978 that deemed Israeli settlements in the West Bank “inconsistent with international law." He and U.S. ambassador to Israel David Friedman were the driving forces behind that shift.

That announcement came a week after the EU high court had ruled that all EU member states must place a special label on goods originating from Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

The ruling had come in response to an appeal by the owner of a winery in the Psagot settlement.

After Pompeo’s announcement, the owner of the winery named a new series of wine after Pompeo and sent him a case of wine bottles. Pompeo is planning to visit that same winery next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 13, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]U.S. ambassador to Israel David Friedman

Is there really a point in having one when this asshole doesn't actually rep the US? He's merely a middle man to do Israel's bidding, not the US'

And clearly, Pompeo is running because they like to show their absolute grotesque fealty to Israel when they're planting their toxic seeds to run.

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2020 3:57 AM

He's pure evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2020 3:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!