Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Staying safe from Nov. 3 onward

Things may get much uglier very soon. I plan to stay in (not much of a stretch during Covid-19) and will stock up on food and basic supplies. I voted early in order to be inside on Election Day. Any other ideas?

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2020 3:58 AM

Yes, unwad your panties you little scaredy-cat bitch

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 8:03 PM

Grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 8:03 PM

Safe from who?

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 8:05 PM

So, you’re not planning to stay safe until Nov. 3rd?

Are you throwing all caution to the wind until then?

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 8:09 PM

It will be ok, OP. No matter who wins and what happens afterwards. Be strong, brother!

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 8:12 PM

I bought a whole bunch of supplies yesterday. I live in LA and had 30 cops outside my window as I live near a big street, close to the LA riots in June.

I actually felt safe -- but not aroused; not a David Soul or a Jim Reed in the lot.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 8:24 PM

OP here. I still remember the Rodney King riots. We had a citywide curfew and people were being dragged from their vehicles. My panties aren’t in a wad and I’m not particularly afraid. It’s just smart to be be prepared in case the shit hits the fan, especially if you live in a big city.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 8:32 PM

I am planning on being high as a balloon from now till Nov 3, does that count? The stress is killing me, but I can’t look away, so I’m keeping myself as calm as possible till this hellacious day is over.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 8:34 PM

I have a bad feeling about the next two weeks. I'll probably still go grocery shopping, though. My boring little suburb doesn't see much civil unrest.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

Edibles, alcohol, benzos

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 8:37 PM

OP, I’m in NYC and am thinking the same way. I voted yesterday AM when early voting opened with the idea that in the next two days, I’ll make a list of supplies to carry me as close as possible to Thanksgiving. I’m not having a big gathering but still plan on making a traditional meal (assuming things are okay) and would need to go get stuff for that. I’m not scared but also understand that the situation is somewhat precarious and subject to change...if nothing else, the last several months have demonstrated that it’s good to be prepared for an emergency.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 8:43 PM

I don't think they'll be much trouble if Trump loses. His base isn't in the cities. If he wins there could be problems.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 8:45 PM

What is this fear mongering bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 8:45 PM

Buy a plastic bubble and live inside of it in your home like John Travolta did.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 8:49 PM

I kinda agree with OP. He/she is being practical.

I get it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 8:56 PM

According to Twitter, the Proud Boys are already planning to go ballistic if Trump doesn't win. This should be an interesting few months.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 8:58 PM

You’re not alone, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 9:16 PM

Are there enough PT Cruisers to transport them all on their missions, R16?

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 9:18 PM

You don't have to be a "scaredy cat" to be worried about civil unrest in the wake of the election, R1. Or have you been asleep for most of 2020?

Vote early and minimize your need to go out for as long as you can manage. Have enough food stocked up to last at least a couple of weeks, have alternatives to electrical power (LED lights with rechargeable batteries, propane or butane arrives and fuel,, battery backups for your devices, a solar panel or two and power banks). Have potable water (5 gallons per day per person... You'll also be using it for cooking and hygiene) and a way to treat water to make it drinkable if necessary.

Have ways to defend yourself, whether it's guns and ammo or something less lethal. Check out videos and blogs to find out ways of making your home less attractive and more resistant to possible intruders.

If all goes well, you won't need any of these. If things go awry, you'll be glad to have them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 10:19 PM

Buy a UV sterilizer. I love mine and use it multiple times a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 10:24 PM

What will 80-year-old Repug Villages' residents do to you, OP? Stop being ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 10:27 PM

Let’s keep in mind that enraged Trump cultists are not the only danger - there’s a nasty virus going around too.

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2020 1:20 AM

R19 is unglued and unstable

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2020 2:14 AM

Whatever the outcome, peril looms.

Husband and I prepared by moving to a remote island and tuning out from most media. And ghosting any "friends" who still support this anus- and heinous-mouthed bloated goblin after his performance during the first painful and far-too-long term.

Just like the bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2020 2:21 AM

Been there done that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2020 3:00 AM

R7, LA, here, too, and I recall the King verdict.

It's better to be prepared; maybe nothing will happen, but if it does...

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2020 3:26 AM

What is this fear mongering bullshit?

Boris, Natasha, Donald and his Nazi-wannabe snowflake pals just fucking around trying to scare people.

I'm not scared. I'm rich, I'm well-provisioned, I'm armed and I have an ocean escape route if I actually want to use it.

But since the only thing that's going to happen is us winning, crushing the GOP and having the dumb deplorables whining more than usual, I'm not sweating it.

I'm always rich. I'm always well-provisioned. I'm always armed and I always have an ocean escape route if I want it. Business as usual, OP.

Fuck your fear.

—Anonymous 1 reply 13

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2020 3:35 AM

Lexipro by day, Lorazepam by night. Praying for Nov. 3 to come quick. Every day feels like the longest day ever right now.

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2020 3:51 AM

I don't know where you live, r1, but has it occurred to you that you are VERY likely to want to go out dancing in the streets by the end of the night of the election?!!

Think positively - you have good reason to do so!!!

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2020 3:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!