Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jared & Ivanka Threaten to Sue

The Lincoln Project put up these innocent little billboards in the middle of Times Square and for some reason, they seem to rub Jared & Ivanka the wrong way. The duo's lawyers have sent the LP a letter demanding the immediate removal of the billboards or "we will sue you for what will doubtless be enormous compensatory and punitive damages."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 30, 2020 7:54 AM

The threat sounds like it was dictated by Jared.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 12:52 PM

Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 12:52 PM

You cant win if the statements are true JerVanka.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 12:55 PM

Boo Hoo

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 12:57 PM

I have a feeling the Lincoln Project is well-versed in CYA. They are a pack of Republican strategists after all.

Sorry pets.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 12:57 PM

Political speech is pretty much protected from such suits. Since both have positions in the Trump administration they are not private citizens and are fair game. They would dare sue.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 12:58 PM

wouldn't ^

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 12:58 PM

The Lincoln Project has a lot of smart people in it including those that have run campaigns and knew where the line is. I am sure they are not going to be hiding behind the sofa. There is nothing defamatory in that billboard. Both are pubic figures. You cant play "daddies little girl" when you are employed by the American people as a public figure.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 12:58 PM

#StreisandEffect

It's all over social and mainstream media

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 12:59 PM

They obviously know their days as Prince and Princess of the US of A are over, along with all of that sweet federal grift, and they’ll need to pin their fortune solely on NYC once again. If they can avoid prison, that is.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 1:00 PM

It’s a cheering thought to know that in a few months, we’ll never have to see these two again.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 1:01 PM

I suggest the removal of Jared & Ivanka from the United States.

They're suing because Daddy's broke, and all allowances have been reduced by 80%. Will Attorney Rudy Giuliani offer them legal services [italic] Pro Bono ?

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 1:01 PM

"I bet you fear that. @ManhattanDA may not be around to cover for you or your crooked kids anymore. @elizaorlins doesn’t believe in different sets of rules for the Trump’s. What about the State AG? You know what you’ve done. Oh Donald. @realDonaldTrump who do you owe 3/ mill. - Steve Schmidt

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 1:04 PM

I wonder if they'll be welcomed back into the New York upper crust that they so love when this is all over?

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 1:08 PM

My worst fear is not that Trump will get off unscathed, but that Javanka will slip away in the dark of the night to resurface again somehow cleansed, ready to inflict themselves on the general psyche of society again. It's all very calculated since you always see them complicitly front and center at the ribbon cutting ceremonies, yet when things get turbulent (which is increasingly often), poof! they disappear.

So thank you, LP, for turning on the basement light on these two so they'll scurry away.

Hopefully, Mayor of, Senator from or Governor of New York will not be your their next grifting perch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 1:09 PM

There will be no going back....they're toast in NY

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 1:13 PM

This just a PR move by the Dynamic Duo: an empty threat, but their followers will buy into it.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 1:28 PM

After the president's re-election they will continue their critical responsibilities and continue to serve America. Ivanka will be a continuing force in world politics, representing the country at important gatherings of world leaders, since she has earned their respect and admiration. Jared will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom next month for the amazing job he has done to bring peace in the Middle East and his handling of the Coronavirus. The virus has disappeared because of his work, and the President will demonstrate the country's gratitude. They will rise to be the most influential couple in the country, far eclipsing the Obamas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2020 1:28 PM

I just hope that after Trump goes down, they are ridiculed and outcast for ever! And they should. No re-invention is possible for these two major grifters, scum of the earth individuals.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 1:39 PM

[quote]I wonder if they'll be welcomed back into the New York upper crust that they so love when this is all over?

I thought NY's upper crust hated them and thought they were gaudy frauds.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2020 1:39 PM

👹 They're evil. Every one of them. Truly evil.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2020 1:40 PM

DL Fave, Human Stick Figure Somers Farkas has been campaigning for Trump so there may be some who take them back.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2020 1:41 PM

Trump turned his back on NYC and is now a registered citizen of Florida.

Will he live among the peons in The Villages?

Run for President of the Condo association?

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 1:44 PM

R14, At least they'll still have Mr. and Mrs. Hugh Jackman to pal around with.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2020 1:44 PM

Bluff and intimidation. Pfft.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2020 1:45 PM

New Yorkers still love the Trumps and will welcome them back in the high social circles that I frequent. I only associate with the best people and the Trumps are certainly the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2020 1:54 PM

Lol R14 , the Trumps were NEVER part of NY society. EVER. Ivanka and Jarred are a joke. They’re climbers and arrivistes. They couldn’t be more gauche. What’s left of NY society couldn’t care less that they’re in the WH. They have (fake) money and no name whatsoever. They are widely loathed and ignored. It’s part of why Trump builds all those awful buildings all over the city as middle fingers to the old UES families.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2020 1:55 PM

Ivanka believes she will be welcomed back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2020 1:59 PM

"Socially it will be a little awkward," says former Page Six editor Paula Froelich. "I think it’ll be more awkward for Jared, because he was not really raised here and doesn’t have the old friends that Ivanka has. He didn’t engender the good will that Ivanka did."

Trump, who made her effective debut in New York society in Johnson & Johnson heir Jamie Johnson's 2003 documentary, Born Rich, might consider going back to the extracurricular role she played when she attended galas for charitable organizations like the American Museum of Natural History and the New York City Police Foundation, where she once served as a board member.

"If she chooses to walk the red carpet and support those endeavors, it is my opinion that she will be welcomed back with open arms and full glasses of champagne," says publicist and society columnist R. Couri Hay.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Through a family connection, I know of at least one of Ivanka’s former friends who, along with several others in this particular circle, iced her out as soon as Trump was elected. I read a long group email of theirs around Thanksgiving 2016. Ivanka is not welcome back, ever.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2020 2:03 PM

Once you go Trash, you can't go back. And this administration is 100% trash even if Nepotism Barbie never gets that mugshot she earned. With Daddums broke as a joke, she and her mortician husband need to move out of the US.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2020 2:09 PM

Jail or Real Housewives punching bag for Vanky Barbie

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2020 2:31 PM

"Through a family connection, I know of at least one of Ivanka’s former friends who, along with several others in this particular circle, iced her out as soon as Trump was elected."

Chelsea Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2020 3:13 PM

[QUOTE] Chelsea Clinton?

No, although my family member is also connected to her. I’m not giving names but it’s no one that would be recognizable to anyone, I don’t think. This is real tea though.

They were most disgusted with the anti-Semitism Trump was starting to represent around that time (pre-Charlottesville).

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2020 3:22 PM

R14, they will. Remember how fucking hated Bush Jr was? Now everyone is kissing his ass and pretending he isn’t a war criminal. Another Republican President will come along who is declared The Worst and the media and high society will embrace them with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote]DL Fave, Human Stick Figure Somers Farkas has been campaigning for Trump so there may be some who take them back.

WHAT???

That human jerky campaigns for them???

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2020 3:26 PM

[quote]They were most disgusted with the anti-Semitism Trump was starting to represent around that time (pre-Charlottesville).

Typical. Ignore all of the other vile things he and the family have has said and done and only react to hate when it targets one group. And also ignore that Jared himself funds illegal settlements.

There's a shocker.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2020 3:28 PM

-has

by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2020 3:29 PM

First of all, you are public figures - so basically anyone can say or do anything they want - parody, make fun of you, post pictures, take pictures.....secondly, you can only sue for defamation if you can prove their written or spoken word was known by them to be a lie, they did it with the intent and context to harm you, and it did in deed harm you - extremely difficult given especially that those quotes have been everywhere and have credible witnesses. twats.

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2020 3:29 PM

They're lucky Obama was never as litigious as these rats.

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2020 3:30 PM

What a waste of money. They don't need the votes in NY and with no tourists there is no one in Time Square to see them.

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2020 3:34 PM

"I'll sue!"

Such an old movie cliche.

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2020 3:35 PM

R41 um look at the press they got... they got their money’s worth

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2020 3:38 PM

R41, millions of people are currently seeing them because of Ivanka and Jared's threats.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2020 3:39 PM

They are sending Ivanka out these last 10 days. They think she can save them.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2020 3:40 PM

R41

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2020 3:41 PM

Lincoln Project's response was epic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2020 3:42 PM

The real twist is that they’re already on the other side...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2020 3:43 PM

I hope Jared will be exposed as a diaper fetishist.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2020 3:46 PM

God, i just watched that movie with Nicole Kidman last night, R48

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2020 3:50 PM

R49

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2020 3:53 PM

R47, that response would never be given by anyone associated with the Democratic Party, the party of spineless pussies.

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2020 4:22 PM

Hopefully NY society sophisticates will forever connect the name Trump with redneck trailer trash America. They’d won’t welcome Ivanka back just like they wouldn’t be caught dead shopping at Walmart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2020 4:22 PM

I already posted about this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2020 4:26 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if they move to Israel.

by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2020 4:30 PM

Posted in the thread at r54 -

Cops Suspect Arson After a Home Linked to Ivanka Trump’s Diamond Business Burns

She may have closed down her fine jewelry line, but Ivanka’s partners have kept the old company at the center of an ever-deepening mystery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2020 4:39 PM

Has Ivanka been fisted by Judith Butler?

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2020 5:02 PM

Rick Wilson has said several times on Twitter that "they'll never attend the Met Gala again."

Which I think is the ultimate goal of these billboards.

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] It wouldn't surprise me if they move to Israel.

To some West Bank settlement where many of Jared's classmates from his NJ yeshiva now live.

The problem with that of course is that Israel has an extradition treaty with the US and the judiciary is not very Bibi-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote]that response would never be given by anyone associated with the Democratic Party, the party of spineless pussies.

Why should us "spineless pussies" bother if the other party is willing and eager to say it about themselves?

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2020 5:31 PM

Because, R 60, after this election the people who know how to attack viscerally will be gone and the "We go higher" pussies will remain.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]Time Square

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2020 6:06 PM

Oh r61, fucking relax. We have a wonderful alliance with the Lincoln Project, and I don’t see it going away anytime soon. The truth is that our base does *not* dig the street brawling, so if we have mercenaries doing this work for us, great!

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2020 6:07 PM

Former WH and DOJ official Joshua A. Geltzer:

Imagine if Jared & @IvankaTrump had responded as quickly to a deadly virus as they're now responding to @ProjectLincoln's ads about their abysmal response to a deadly virus?

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Ivanka is a shit fetishist.

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2020 6:13 PM

Somebody dropped a tea-bit in another thread about having personal knowledge of Vanky stealing half a million dollars in connection with some shady deal or other.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Found it:

[quote]I told that story before: an ad agency in Canada was doing a campaign for the Magnum Bar ice cream. This was during the huge popularity of "The Apprentice", so, I'm guessing in mid- to late-2000s. The slogan was supposed to be "Live Like An Heir" or something close to that and they contacted Ivanka to do the promotion, who agreed to do appearances for the campaign, etc, for, what I think was close to $1M. One request they had for her: she couldn't promote any other of her businesses while being the spokesperson for Magnum. If I recall correctly, she signed the contract, broke it by pitching some other crap of hers and pocketed the money.

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote]We have a wonderful alliance with the Lincoln Project, and I don’t see it going away anytime soon.

Then you're either predicting Trump is going to win re-election, or you're an idiot. As soon as Trump is gone the same tactics are going to be turned on Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2020 6:38 PM

Would you please calm down, r68, and deal with the "now"?

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2020 6:44 PM

How exactly is anything I said trollish? And some of us are capable of thinking about multiple things at once.

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2020 6:48 PM

First of all, those billboards were a baller move, then when those two twats threaten to sue, LP basically tells them to kiss their asses. I agree that Javanka can never go home again and will likely live in Israel on the pretext that angry democrats will kill their children or some such nonsense, though I hope their real destination is NY State prison.

Even if Vanky's old friends don't hold anything against her personally, the hatred & ignominy attached to her - particularly in NYC that will struggle for some time - will make her so toxic she'll glow

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2020 7:01 PM

[QUOTE] Even if Vanky's old friends don't hold anything against her personally

They do.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2020 7:03 PM

[quote]As soon as Trump is gone the same tactics are going to be turned on Democrats.

Maybe this is true, but the fact is that they're Republicans and they're the ones whose brand is destroyed. The Lincoln Project people are doing what they're doing out of shame. Democrats would be smart not to let them forget it.

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2020 7:05 PM

The Trump name is now mud. These two will be pariahs. Even if the NYC rich people set secretly agree with some of their grifting and tax dodging, they likely won't openly embrace that. To do so would be gauche.

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2020 7:06 PM

R15, thanks for the reminder. Love Christine Lagarde! Note to Ivanka, never ever try to get between the old cunt Lagarde and a camera.

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote] You cant play "daddies little girl" when you are employed by the American people as a public figure.

She did try to play that card when asked about Donald's accusers (sexual misconduct). Said the question was "inappropriate."

These two are pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2020 7:20 PM

r29 let me remind everyone what R. Couri Hay, 71, looks like so we can ascertain is credibility on public image renewal...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2020 7:28 PM

She'll be employed by women's empowerment think tanks that are hq'ed in UAE, Central Asia and places like that even if they continue to live in the US. Jared will continue "making deals" in the Middle East. She is probably delusional enough to think that if she lies low for a few years she will have a chance to enter national politics.

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2020 7:34 PM

[quote]Trump turned his back on NYC and is now a registered citizen of Florida.

Florida is not a country, so I'm not sure how someone could become a "registered citizen" of it. Do they have their own passports now?

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2020 7:42 PM

Exactly what *were* Ivanka and Wendi up to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2020 7:48 PM

they've just been licking each other out

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] She is probably delusional enough to think that if she lies low for a few years she will have a chance to enter national politics.

Queen Ivanka would never sully herself by doing rallies like Daddy does, she doesn't want to mingle with the common folk. Dickhead Junior on the other hand loves it, but I'm hoping he'll die of a cocaine overdose before then.

by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote]"we will sue you for what will doubtless be enormous compensatory and punitive damages."

Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2020 8:09 PM

It sounds to me like it was dictated by "John Barron," R1.

by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2020 8:11 PM

You can tell the attorney means business because he uses DOUBTLESS. He must have no doubts!

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote] Imagine if Jared & @IvankaTrump had responded as quickly to a deadly virus as they're now responding to @ProjectLincoln's ads about their abysmal response to a deadly virus?

This.

Jared and his friend had a plan to combat the virus but when they found out the virus hit the Blue States first, the plan went poof and then the Feds steal badly needed PPE from its own people. Healthcare workers wearing the same N95 masks for weeks fall ill and die. Yes, let's go to court and we can expose them.

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2020 8:15 PM

Wasn't Jared put in charge of solving the opioid crisis? How's that coming along?

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2020 8:18 PM

I think Junior is handling the drug crisis.

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2020 8:49 PM

I can see-EW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2020 8:55 PM

Ivanka looks like a King Cobra just before it strikes at R76.

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2020 9:11 PM

Enormous compensatory and punitive damages? So...more than $750?

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2020 9:26 PM

Ivanka is just upset she didn't get photo approval.

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2020 9:50 PM

[quote] Wasn't Jared put in charge of solving the opioid crisis? How's that coming along?

He’s also in charge of peace in the Middle East. These things take time. Cut him some slack.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2020 9:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2020 9:57 PM

Shit-stain Steve Bannon said Ivanka's stupid, Jared is stupid and they're both "playing government" in DC.

He's not always wrong.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2020 10:10 PM

Why do people quote someone and then add “This!”

What does that accomplish?

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]He’s also in charge of peace in the Middle East.

Ironic given toxic waste like himself is the very reason there is no peace.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2020 10:16 PM

Trump has billboards up that say that Biden has dementia so I guess he can get sued too

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2020 10:17 PM

R96, I guess they want to compliment the person they quote.

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2020 10:30 PM

I think they'll live bwtn China, Israel and Switzerland. they do not want to walk the streets of New York or the Hallways. New Yorkers hate them.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2020 10:30 PM

We love them.

by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2020 10:35 PM

I said earlier they'd move to Israel, but it's true, I can imagine them moving to Palm Beach. I think society there would be more willing to tolerate them than in New York.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote]Why do people quote someone and then add “This!” What does that accomplish?

Pretty much the same as your "post" r96.

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote] If she chooses to walk the red carpet and support those endeavors, it is my opinion that she will be welcomed back with open arms and full glasses of champagne," says publicist and society columnist R. Couri Hay.

Sounds to me like "R. Couri Hay" is trying to drum up a new client.

[quote] Through a family connection, I know of at least one of Ivanka’s former friends who, along with several others in this particular circle, iced her out as soon as Trump was elected. I read a long group email of theirs around Thanksgiving 2016. Ivanka is not welcome back, ever.

I predict she will change her name to Kushner and come out with her own "tell all" book once Donald goes broke. Jared's father is still a billionaire-- a real one, though a slumlord and a sleazebag. She will drop off the popular news and become wholly absorbed in his world.

That's what I would bet. I doubt the two of them are leaving the country.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2020 10:50 PM

[quote] Why do people quote someone and then add “This!” What does that accomplish?

Because sometimes you want a change from this:

[quote] ^^^^^ This! 1000X this!!!

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2020 10:53 PM

Is R. Couri Hay related to John Barron?

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2020 11:01 PM

I will always love Samantha Bee for referring to Ivanka as a feckless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2020 11:04 PM

If they go to Florida, all of Flordia will become their cult, and it’ll creep upward and westward. This family could cause another war of southern aggression.

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2020 11:11 PM

I tend to trust Noel Casler, a lot. A whole lot. He says Ivanka is smarter than she seems. She seems like a dingbat who never has actually thought a real world problem through. But because of Noel, I think she may just be a fraudulent cunt who lies constantly and never, ever says anything she actually cares about.

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2020 11:14 PM

R109 Watch this clip, at least from the 2:00 minute mark on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2020 11:26 PM

Visible clip-on hair extensions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2020 11:29 PM

R102 - you are quite wrong about Palm Beach accepting them. As a recently past resident (just moved off earlier this year) of the island, I can assure you they an overwhelming majority of Palm Beach residents are not in favor of having them on the island. One good thing is that the Trumps are never out and about - you don't see them at restaurants (pre-covid) or shopping on Worth Ave. They don't attend any functions other than those at Mar-a-Lago. They come and go on the southern bridge and everyone else uses either of the other bridges when the Trumps are there. The really make no impact. That being said, of course they have some supporters that live there but it is a very small group.

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote]Watch this clip, at least from the 2:00 minute mark on.

Nah, I'm not gonna do that.

by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2020 11:39 PM

I'm still wondering what Jared offered the A-rabs to come to the negotiating table with the Jews. We'll find out someday.

by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote]I'm still wondering what Jared offered the A-rabs to come to the negotiating table with the Jews.

His frilly, waxed asspussy, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 115October 24, 2020 11:55 PM

{quote]Jail or Real Housewives punching bag for Vanky Barbie

Or both:

The Real Housewives of Sing-Sing

by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote]Trump has billboards up that say that Biden has dementia

O deer!

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2020 12:15 AM

Trump and Kushner were just in the right place at the right time.

The Saudis and their allies have decided that the Iranians are much bigger threats to them and easier boogeymen than the Israelis, plus the Israelis have all sorts of tech that can help them.

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2020 12:18 AM

If anyone thinks that they are going to live in the ME, they know nothing about ME politics. The second Biden is declared the winner, the Sheikhs will crawl so far up his colon...

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2020 12:32 AM

The Lincoln Project wrote a hilarious response to their lawsuit threat

by Anonymousreply 120October 25, 2020 12:34 AM

Hhahahahahhahaha. I can’t breathe.

Fuck them. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 121October 25, 2020 12:36 AM

They'd have to be colossal idiots to go after the Lincoln Project.

by Anonymousreply 122October 25, 2020 12:39 AM

Response from the Lincoln Project:

[quote] “It is unsurprising that an administration that has never had any regard or understanding of our Constitution would try to trample on our first amendment rights, but we fully intend on making this civics lesson as painful as possible,” the Lincoln Project’s statement read in part. “Jared and Ivanka have always been entitled, out-of-touch bullies who have never given the slightest indication they have any regard for the American people. We plan on showing them the same level of respect.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 25, 2020 12:46 AM

As Anthony Scaramucci calls Donald Trump--and it applies to Ivanka and Jared: They are "Keyboard Warriors." They threaten to sue via their lawyers and social media, but in the end, they are cowards and do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2020 12:50 AM

R110. In that YouTube clip from The Apprentice, Ivanka has a normal voice and not the slow, calculated, measured and secret sex kitten voice she uses now.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2020 12:53 AM

Her voice is irritating.

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2020 12:58 AM

The Hamptons have not deserted them. They are still invited to & attend large private parties out here. So does Junior. There are lots of 1% here who support Trump and lots of locals, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2020 1:08 AM

R56 - that’s called “Jewish Lightening”.

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2020 1:15 AM

🎶 Someone's butthurt, Lord, kum bah yah ... 🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2020 1:26 AM

R127, the Hamptons are no longer the Hamptons, so it's no surprise. It's trashy.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2020 1:32 AM

You think that "god bless" asshole ever spent that much time even thinking (let alone writing) about almost 600 little kids?

Trump supporters are the most disingenuous cunts. I fucking hate the ones who actually believe they're pious.

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2020 1:36 AM

Kimberly G is going to dump Jr so fast when his father loses the election

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2020 1:43 AM

But...but.....I thought....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2020 1:51 AM

The Hamptons only allow the finest of New York society, which means the most elite people in the world. Ivanka is one of those, so she is always welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2020 2:21 AM

I love the Lincoln Project. I give them money, they give me life.

by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2020 2:30 AM

Just remember, children, back in the before times Kimberly Guilfoyle was Kimberly Newsom and she was actually human back then. She looked much better, too.

It's a cautionary tale for those who are drawn to the evil void of trumpist cuntiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2020 2:35 AM

^ Yep, she's getting paid to be with him. When the gravy train comes to a stop, she's gone

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2020 2:45 AM

Olivia Troye weighs in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2020 2:56 AM

r129, do you realize that phrase is homophobic and this is a site for gay people?

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2020 2:58 AM

r107, Sam Bee is a homophobe who thinks biological sex is imaginary.

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2020 3:01 AM

"butthurt" is homophobic? Since when? Is there a committee that decides these things or is this just your sweeping pronouncement?

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2020 3:08 AM

"Sam Bee is a homophobe who thinks biological sex is imaginary."

Yawn. Not being transphobic and right-wing does make a person "homophobe"

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2020 3:13 AM

What the fuck do you think it refers to, you idiot?

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2020 3:16 AM

Why, I imagine "butthurt" refers to buttfucking, which is something both gay and straight people do. I'm not seeing the homophobic content there.

When I google "Datalounge" and "butthurt," I get 1,200 results. This suggests to me that gay people don't object to the word "butthurt," let alone find it homophobic, since they clearly use it all the time. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2020 3:33 AM

The person complaining about "butthurt" being "homophobic" isn't gay.

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote] "Sam Bee is a homophobe who thinks biological sex is imaginary."

You're a fucking cunt who probably has no experience of sex whatsoever which is a blessing for all humankind.

Sam Bee is a comic genius and a national treasure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2020 3:40 AM

Oh, and the anti-trans troll is a fucking TRUMP SUPPORTING CUNT because she hates trans people so much. Everyone can suffer and die under Trump as long as he hates the trans!

You. Are. A. Dumb. Fucking. Cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2020 3:43 AM

Why do you assume "butthurt" refers to anal sex?

by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2020 3:48 AM

R94 - thanks for the meme - always love me some Chancellor Merkel. However I must correct her meme - Ivanka was never a "shoe designer" -- she COPIED the designs of shoe designers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2020 3:58 AM

Like father, like daughter. Ivanka being foisted upon world leaders at the 2019 G20 Meeting; such an embarrassment for the country. And to think people spend their entire lives doing serious work to get onto that stage -- and there she is beaming alongside Daddy. Who knows what was swimming inside that vacuous head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2020 4:08 AM

That's true, she stole her designs. I think she stole her jewelry designs too.

But "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day at the G20" was insane.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2020 4:10 AM

She was a model, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2020 4:14 AM

[quote]“Jewish Lightening”.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2020 4:14 AM

I'm pretty touch on the topic of slurs, but I always thought 'butthurt' meant something like 'whining and pouting excessively over a (metaphorical) little spanking'. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2020 4:27 AM

*touchy

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2020 4:27 AM

IMO, "butthurt" or "butt hurt" is a stupid term to use, whether it's homophobic or not.

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2020 4:29 AM

Who fucking cares? Don't you snowflakes have something else that you can pretend offends you?

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2020 4:32 AM

I think it's sounds very Beavis and Butthead and I've never used it.

To me it has no gay connotation, I don't know what that other poster was talking about "homophobic" I think she was just being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2020 4:34 AM

More "modeling" from 16 year old Ivanka (who had already had a couple of rhinoplasty surgeries).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 25, 2020 4:38 AM

WE DO NOT LIVE IN TRUMPISTAN or JAVANKASTAN.

-Steve Schmidt

by Anonymousreply 160October 25, 2020 4:40 AM

WE DO NOT LIVE IN TRUMPISTAN or JAVANKASTAN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2020 4:42 AM

What's going on at R159? It looks someone glued a bunch of rugelach to her head. Or is she just standing in front of something?

by Anonymousreply 162October 25, 2020 4:43 AM

More "modeling" and it just gets worse. I'm switching to the blessed sanity of Steve Schmidt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 25, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote]Then you're either predicting Trump is going to win re-election, or you're an idiot. As soon as Trump is gone the same tactics are going to be turned on Democrats.

Actually, the Lincoln Project says they will turn to defeating Trumpism as they feel all those followers are not just going to fade away. They predict hundreds of them was start to run for office to get into power like the Tea Baggers did back in 2009.

I think they are right about this, those shit hole Trump tards tasted power and Trump or his spawn are going to continue to egg them on.

by Anonymousreply 164October 25, 2020 4:54 AM

What's up with Steve's ear @ r161? I'm not talking about the wire from the ear piece. I'm talking about how the front part of his ear appears to be detached from the entire rest of his ear, the latter of which does not match the skin tone of his head/face/neck.

by Anonymousreply 165October 25, 2020 4:59 AM

[quote]I love the Lincoln Project. I give them money, they give me life.

I don't love them, but I do appreciate them.

Although I did love them telling Michelle Obama on Twitter "We go low so you don't have to."

by Anonymousreply 166October 25, 2020 5:29 AM

Jared's father was convicted of 18 counts of tax evasion, including making illegal campaign contributions, and witness tampering...

by Anonymousreply 167October 25, 2020 5:32 AM

The Lincoln Project people have no future in the GOP. They know that their careers in Republican politics are over.

They will never be forgiven and they all know it. They didn't just go after Trump, that may have been judged forgivable by non-cultists. They also went after the GOP majority in the Senate and they're helping us win it. They will not be forgiven for that.

Yes, we will disagree on many policy issues in the future but TLP won't be working for the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 168October 25, 2020 5:36 AM

TLP will benefit from higher income, higher-educated immigrants (the very ones Trump targeted as his entire platform which appealed to low income, uneducated, white racist/bigoted dumbasses).

There are millions of them who would vote GOP if not for the racism and bigotry. TLP guys will work with moderate Republicans running who know the future of the GOP -if they expect to survive- is not continuing to appeal to ignorant white people with no education who think this country can survive in a global economy with coal, oil and fracking.

by Anonymousreply 169October 25, 2020 5:44 AM

The Lincoln Project dose not need forgiveness R168. I agree with them that the current Republican party is basically a cult of Trump. And they are not being hyperbolic about that. I don't see any of them returning until the whole party is ousted and a new more rational wave of Repugs come in. That's going to take more than a decade if it happens at all.

I do fear at some point they may turn on Democrats but for now, I am really appreciating their work to get rid of Trump and saying the things that need to be said that Democrats are afraid to say in public.

by Anonymousreply 170October 25, 2020 5:50 AM

My question is: is there any pragmatic way to break the US out of its Two Party rule so that there is space for both fringe lunatics on both edges of the spectrum as well as variations on policy stance near the middle and solidly on both sides? Is there any way we can stop having politics in the country operate like a fucking football game?

by Anonymousreply 171October 25, 2020 5:53 AM

I figure Steve Schmidt knows what he's talking about.

From TLP's 60 Minutes Interview a couple of weeks ago:

Lesley Stahl: Have you given up your careers?

Steve Schmidt: None of us will ever work in Republican politics again. We-- we joke that like some of the explorers who came to the new world, they were incentivized by the captain when he burned the ships that there was-- (LAUGH) there was no return (LAUGH) going back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 25, 2020 5:54 AM

[quote]My question is: is there any pragmatic way to break the US out of its Two Party rule

NOPE. Sanders would have been the closest thing to making that happen but even with all his followers it would not be enough people to ever win an election. That's why he rode the coat tails of the Democrats because he knew a 3rd party or Independent party could not win anything. It will be a long, long time before we could ever get to a viable 3rd party. Think in terms of decades.

And by the way, that's not always a good thing. That new 3rd party could be the party of hard core Trump voters and Antifa conspiracy theorists.

by Anonymousreply 173October 25, 2020 6:05 AM

Then, I don't see how this country can ever really progress. With a parliamentary system, nuance becomes important. You can rely on Good v Bad, Me v You, Them v Us. You can't have politics discussed in bumper stickers or tweets or new tickers. The slight variations become the point and they elevate discourse and thought. As long as this country continues treating politics like Eagles v Pats, there can be no real forward motion. And, sorry, a 3 party system isn't the answer either, as you say, r173, it just syphons people off from one edge or the other, emboldening the most bland, big tent voices, i.e. the status quo. There can be no forward motion within this framework.

by Anonymousreply 174October 25, 2020 6:17 AM

That first "can" should be "can't".

by Anonymousreply 175October 25, 2020 6:18 AM

The Repubican Party is splitting between far-right trumpists and normal Republicans. Eventually they will break into two parties, at least.

The Democratic Party is headed the same way between far-left and normal Democrats but we're not as close to splitting.

by Anonymousreply 176October 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Will there ever be normal Republicans? I can't see it, the racist white wing will dominate the GOP and the normal Republicans like Steve Schmidt will merge with the Centrists Dems. When that happens, the outer fringes will become their separate party.

by Anonymousreply 177October 25, 2020 7:12 AM

It won't be great R177

We'd wind up like Italy or Israel, where minor, single-issue parties have power because no one party has a majority.

You'd have a small Trumpist party, a small BernieAOC party and a much larger Centrist party

by Anonymousreply 178October 25, 2020 10:17 AM

[quote]The term “butthurt” originates from spanking, the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child. Though some cultures view this as an acceptable form of discipline, it can be interpreted as abusive corporal punishment. Online, one of the earliest archived mentions of “butthurt” appeared in a 1998 comment posted on the website of Swiss surrealist painter H. R. Giger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 25, 2020 10:40 AM

Parliamentary systems aren't better. Every system has its flaws.

I am questioning the wisdom of putting so much power in the Executive branch, though, at least the enforcement part of it.

Our system is broken, though, because Congress is effectively neutered due to Republicans not pushing back on Trump. And the Republicans have been stacking the Judiciary for decades.

by Anonymousreply 180October 25, 2020 10:41 AM

Are the red and white things bodies?

by Anonymousreply 181October 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Those are buns of schlemiel, r162.

by Anonymousreply 182October 25, 2020 1:47 PM

There's a case to be made for opening the primaries (ie open primaries) so that NPAs (which tend to be less political) can vote in the primaries. It would probably lead to less polarizing candidates.

We have an amendment up this election for open primaries in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 183October 25, 2020 2:02 PM

Open primaries means you get Republicans trying to sabotage the Dems by voting for Dem candidates they think are unelectable

by Anonymousreply 184October 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Yes, body bags, R181.

by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2020 8:16 PM

Wait until they're exposed for fucking and eating trafficked babies.

by Anonymousreply 186October 25, 2020 9:47 PM

The next billboard should show the 545 children without parents and put in those states that are pro-life.

by Anonymousreply 187October 26, 2020 1:38 AM

They printed a direct quote made by Jared, how can they possibly sue?

by Anonymousreply 188October 26, 2020 1:39 AM

Anybody can try to sue, White House Barbie and Ken won't even try because they know they would fail. They're public figures. There are no misstatements on the billboards. *shrug* It's all perfectly legal.

I got a fundraising email today from the Lincoln Project. If they get $1 million by whatever time (midnight?) tonight then they'll put up more and different fun billboards in various places across the country.

Naturally, I was generous in my reply. As I said in another thread, I give them money - they give me life.

Give 'til it hurts and vote vote vote vote vote vote vote.

by Anonymousreply 189October 26, 2020 1:44 AM

There's a footnote in the Lincoln Project lawyer's response basically saying go ahead and sue us. We'll bury you in discovery demands.

by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2020 5:07 AM

The Lincoln Project told them they would make the suit "as painful as possible" for jervanka.

And I just bet they would, too. They are vicious junkyard dogs, which is why I like them so much.

by Anonymousreply 191October 26, 2020 5:16 AM

Natalie Portman (I don't think she even needed the nose job)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 26, 2020 5:20 AM

^ Oops, ignore the Natalie Portman post. That was posted in the wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 193October 26, 2020 5:21 AM

[Quote]go ahead and sue us. We'll bury you in discovery demands.

Can you imagine Javanka submitting themselves to depositions? Turning over their e-mails (didn't she use a private server from home to conduct government business like HRC?) or communications regarding Covid? Yeah, right. God I hope they continue poking these two. I can't wait to see their new billboards.

by Anonymousreply 194October 26, 2020 10:39 AM

Can you imagine what these two criminals would actually get up to if they managed to take power in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2020 10:41 AM

I heard earlier that today the Ivanka one is gone.

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2020 8:29 PM

Nope, r196, someone is lying to you or you're lying to us like a nasty little cunt.

It was there one hour ago, in all its gorgeousness.

by Anonymousreply 197October 27, 2020 12:07 AM

I would imagine that people who work for the Kushners would be sure to let Jared know that such a lawsuit would be a joke. I think that Jarvanka are just doing this to please Babyman. And, no, I'm not saying that they aren't absolute pieces of excrement that will deserve it when they rot in jail.

by Anonymousreply 198October 27, 2020 12:11 AM

Gee, yet another threat by a Trump to sue. That's novel.

by Anonymousreply 199October 27, 2020 12:12 AM

I heard Rick Wilsons say they were just updating the death count.

by Anonymousreply 200October 29, 2020 9:41 PM

[quote]I heard Rick Wilsons say they were just updating the death count.

The Ivanka wraparound billboard is electronic, so yes it's updateable.

by Anonymousreply 201October 29, 2020 9:52 PM

If only she hadn't performed her "Price is Right" model's flouncy hands to illegally promote Goya foods from her "position" as White House "advisor," she could have lied about not promoting Goya.

by Anonymousreply 202October 29, 2020 10:21 PM

Those two are finished.

by Anonymousreply 203October 30, 2020 7:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!