Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Beatles Were Bi Part 2

Continuing discussion of John and Paul's relationship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59Last Tuesday at 5:41 PM

Part one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110/11/2020

Yoko reminds me of the wives of the closeted, repressed Homo hicks I grew up with. They love good times, dick sucking & butt fucking, fall in love with their buddies until they realize that society won’t allow it. Homophobia kicks into high-gear once the hormones & dopamine start to run dry in their 20s. They find some gruff bossy woman that offers them salvation, in exchange for complete devotion and they attach like a newborn pup. Never to bust another homo nut.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2020

Are They Gay? Lennon and McCartney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302/24/2021

I find it easy to believe that Lennon was fluid to some degree.

I mean, he was desperately emotionally needy and spent half of his life out of hi mind on drugs, he wouldn't have paid any more attention to his own internal boundaries than other people's rules.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2021

Poor Brian Epstein desperately wanted to be part of their Throuple.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2021

The Mclennon series:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602/25/2021

Portsmouth, 1963.

Paul felt sick and John looked very concerned about him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 702/27/2021

Ewwwwwwww. They were gross.

by Anonymousreply 802/27/2021

Even if it’s not true it’s STILL HOT🔥

by Anonymousreply 902/27/2021

"you know it's true, it's all because of you" (Now and Then)

"In January 1994, Paul McCartney was given two tape cassettes by Lennon's widow Yoko Ono that included home recordings of songs Lennon never completed or released commercially. The songs on the tape included the eventually completed and released "Free As A Bird" and "Real Love", in addition to two other songs was a tape with the words "for Paul" scrawled hastily in John's handwriting, which included "Grow Old With Me" and "Now And Then".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1002/27/2021

Q Magazine - 1998 Q: “If John Lennon could come back for a day, how would you spend it with him?” Paul: “In bed.”

“I have had two companions in my life. Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono. That’s not bad” – John Lennon

“Paul and I know each other on a lot of different levels that very few people know about.” -John Lennon

“A song by an old estranged fiancee of mine called Paul” -John speaking of “I Saw Her Standing There" at Elton John concert in NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1103/06/2021

I truly believe if marriage weren't a thing, and homosexuality wasn't judged, most people would feel comfortable enough to experiment and maybe something like 50% of the world would be gay.

I still wouldn't answer honestly about my sexuality if asked, so I doubt the accuracy of the percentages they're getting.

by Anonymousreply 1203/06/2021

I truly believe that if there were no societal limits on human sexuality, then 50-75% of humans would be bi, and gays would still be a minority.

And speaking of bisexuality, a certain amount of bisexual expression was considered normal for British schoolboys in the mid 20th century when Lennon was young, as girls were more off-limits before the invention of the birth control pill and the "sexual revolution". Think "Brideshead Revisited", where the protagonist first has an intense crush on a college schoolmate, and then transfers his affections to the schoolmate's sister.... that was just the sort of thing young men did at that time and place. A long-time friend of Lennon's wrote a book, and he said that there was a certain amount of jerking off together as boys did in those days, perhaps it went further with other close friends. Lennon was so fucking needy after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1303/06/2021

Heterosexuality: has left the chat Bisexuality: has entered the chat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1403/08/2021

"Fred Seaman, John’s last assistant, in 1981 stole John’s diaries (from 1975,1979,1980) and entrusted them to Robert Rosen, Fred’s friend. When asked about what was in the diaries in an interview, this is what Robert said:

"What John thought about everybody else, especially Paul, just on and on and on. "What's Paul doing, heard Paul's song on the radio"..."Paul's music is playing in my head", "John thought he had a psychic connection to Paul", "That anytime John heard Paul's music in his head, he thought that meant that Paul was in town".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1503/18/2021

Let's not, and say we did ........

by Anonymousreply 1603/18/2021

George Harrison is the one I would have fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1703/18/2021

When you find a peer (your equal in talent) to write music with, that connection is almost sexual at times. It can easily be pushed past boundaries and for crushes or more to emerge. That’s why band break-ups are often so bitter. Music is more powerful than we know.

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2021

So you think Don Henley and Glen Frey ever fucked?

by Anonymousreply 1903/18/2021

OMG!!! My all-time favorite DL thread is back!!!!!

This was a reader blind that appeared on CDAN - April 2018:

"One closeted half of one of the best bands ever was having an affair, rivaling that of Shakespeare, with his long dead bandmate. The two first met prostituting when they were around 15 as they were incredibly poor. When that backfired, one suggested mugging dudes in back alleys but the more violently perceived one couldn’t do it, so they started an empire.

Despite the fact they were estranged for the late halves of their lives, they often booked rooms in hotels under different names and their public feud was just for show, much like most of their lives. As well as this they ghostwrote some of the most famous songs ever for each other, and called each other regularly. Their relationship in its day, though not public was an open secret, especially to their rock buddies who admired the couple greatly.

The wife of the deceased member of this couple has no idea and would probably scream if she found out. The wife of the other knew about it, supported it and just wanted her husband to be happy even if that meant abandoning the kids.

During their reign, they threw bricks at each-others windows, tried to fight each-others girlfriends, publicly screamed about how much they missed eachother at parties, spiralled into depression, took copious amounts of drugs and alcohol, and were planning to ‘reunite’ and get a old man farm together before one half’s unfortunate death.

The alive one, who is considered a bit lame, still loves his other half immensely and plans to release a tell-all once the banshee dies as he wants to preserve their relationship and finally tell the truth about the ordeal.

Truly a sad story indeed."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2003/18/2021

John and Paul were not hustlers in Liverpool when they first met. A schoolmate friend of John who knew Paul and knew Paul as a talented musician, introduced them at an outdoor church fair function where the Quarrymen (John's early band) were performing. At least, that's the official story.

by Anonymousreply 2103/18/2021

Boyfriends....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2203/18/2021

[quote]A schoolmate friend of John who knew Paul and knew Paul as a talented musician, introduced them at an outdoor church fair function where the Quarrymen (John's early band) were performing.

Here's the scene from the movie "Nowhere Boy"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2303/19/2021

Receipts:

-In his interviews Paul can’t stop saying that he slept with John many times. When a journalist asked him what he would do with John if he came back for a day, he answered ‘I would spend it in bed with him’. (Paul McCartney answers questions for Q magazine, 1998).

- Paul revealed that John Lennon’s “Jealous Guy” is about him. (Paul McCartney - Playgirl, February 1985)

-Paul admitted that there are things about John Lennon he wouldn’t tell unless both Yoko Ono and Cynthia Lennon were dead. (Hunter Davies, “off-the-record” telephone conversation with Paul, May 3, 1981)

- In the last years, Yoko has admitted that John had bisexual feelings.(article here)

-John was jealous of Paul’s girlfriends.

-Paul was mad jealous of Stuart (Paul McCartney in The Anthology).

-They did many secret holidays just the two of them during the 60s.

-During the Beatles tours John always slept with Paul in one room, while George and Ringo slept in another. (Gary James’ Interview With The Beatles’ Road Manager Bob Bonis)

-Paul used to take photos of John when he was asleep. The next person who will do this will be Yoko Ono, John’s wife. This is very intimate.

-When John and Paul split up, John told him that “he didn’t want to hold his hand anymore”, and Paul left Abbey Road crying. (Luck and Circumstance: A Coming of Age in Hollywood, New York, and Points Beyond - 2011).

-People who worked at Abbey Road called Paul ‘John’s princess’. (Yoko ono in ‘John Lennon - The Life’ by Phlip Norman’)

More here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2403/21/2021

60 Minutes Australia: "Paul McCartney sets record straight on relationship with Lennon | Parkinson Interview, 12 Oct 1997.

“Did he love you?”

Paul: “Yeah, I think he did actually. It wasn’t a spiky relationship at all, it was very warm, very close, and very loving.....homosexuality was still largely illegal sure...but then the business came and the lawyers arrived...”

by Anonymousreply 2503/25/2021

R25, do you have a link to that interview?

by Anonymousreply 2603/27/2021

"There was a deeper love there that neither of us could admit to" ─Paul McCartney.

"The fact these are also Paul’s favorite pictures with John..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2021

"Sue Baker was 15 when she decided to track down Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison at their homes. Their chats were so welcoming that she continued popping in every weekend for two years. She first found Paul McCartney’s home in North-West London after reading a vague description of it in a Beatles magazine. After several months, Paul asked if she ever visited any of the other Beatles. When Sue replied no, he reeled off their addresses, which she wrote on the back of an envelope, and said: ‘Go and bang on their doors as well!’ "

Story from the tumblr blog linked above, I think it's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2021

R25 R26

Here's a link to that interview.

M: -and that love comes through in the book. Did he love you?

Paul: Yeah. I don’t think it was… Yeah, I think he did actually. *laughs* We’ll check. Just excuse me for a moment. ‘John, come on, baby, did, yes.’ Yeah, I think he did, yeah. It wasn’t actually a spiky relationship at all. It was, uh, very warm, very close and very loving, I think. All The Beatles. We used to say, I think we were amongst the first sort of men to come out openly – and you remember, it was quite sort of strange in those days, we’re talking about a long time ago now when homosexuality was still sort of largely illegal – we used to say ‘I love him’ on interviews and the interviewers would get slightly taken aback, a man saying he loved someone. But I think, quite genuinely, we really did and I still do. Um, but the business thing came right in the middle of it, the lawyers came along with the business thing and I talked to John many years. Because the great saving grace was we did put our relationship back together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2021

You never see George or Ringo looking like this with bandmates...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3004/01/2021

Wasn't Paul jealous of Stu Sutcliffe's close relationship with John? (This was in addition to Paul's growing irritation at Stu's nonexistent musical skills and John's insistence on keeping him in the band). Stu's sister said or felt that Stu and John had been lovers (before Astrid entered the picture).

by Anonymousreply 3104/01/2021

[quote]You never see George or Ringo looking like this with bandmates...

Exactly. Just look at the gifs posted at R22.

"And we looked into each other’s eyes, the eye contact thing we used to do, which is fairly mind-boggling. You dissolve into each other. But that’s what we did, round about that time, that’s what we did a lot. And it was amazing. " - Paul McCartney in Many Years From Now by Barry Miles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3204/01/2021

“I believe that the volatile groups Lennon and McCartney, Martin and Lewis, Gilbert and Sullivan… We don’t have teams nowadays, we have to go back in time, but um, Martin and Lewis, and specially Lennon and McCartney - those two groups.. were love affairs, those were two people who fell in love; Lennon and McCartney were certainly in love. And then when things start to not go right, love is heartbreaking. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3304/03/2021

“John never looked at anyone the way he looked at Paul.“ - Cynthia Lennon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3404/11/2021

Paul and Elton John kissing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3504/17/2021

MARY....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3604/24/2021

Lennon on the folly of trying not to be yourself (from the last Rolling Stone interview)...

[quote]I’m often afraid, but I’m not afraid to be afraid, otherwise it’s all scary. But it’s more painful to try not to be yourself. People spend a lot of time trying to be somebody else, and I think it leads to terrible diseases. Maybe you get cancer or something. A lot of tough guys die of cancer, have you noticed? John Wayne, Steve McQueen. I think it has something to do – I don’t know, I’m no expert – with constantly living or getting trapped in an image or an illusion of themselves, suppressing some part of themselves, whether it’s the feminine side or the fearful side.

[quote]I’m well aware of that because I come from the macho school of pretense. I was never really a street kid or a tough guy. I used to dress like a Teddy boy and identify with Marlon Brando and Elvis Presley, but I never really was in real street fights or real down-home gangs. I was just a suburban kid, imitating the rockers. But it was a big part of one’s life to look tough. I spent the whole of my childhood with shoulders up around the top of me head and me glasses off because glasses were sissy, and walking in complete fear, but with the toughest-looking face you’ve ever seen. I’d get into trouble just because of the way I looked. I wanted to be this tough James Dean all the time. It took a lot of wrestling to stop doing that, even though I still fall into it when I get insecure and nervous. I still drop into that I’m-a-street-kid stance, but I have to keep remembering that I never really was one.

[quote]I look at early pictures of me-self, and I was torn between being Marlon Brando and being the sensitive poet – the Oscar Wilde part of me with the velvet, feminine side. I was always torn between the two, mainly opting for the macho side, because if you showed the other side, you were dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2021

The Guardian.- Paul McCartney to publish 900-page lyrical 'autobiography'

"The Lyrics, a ‘self-portrait in 154 songs’, will look at the people, places and circumstances behind songs written in boyhood, with the Beatles and beyond."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3804/27/2021

R20 as if it weren’t obvious enough they had to include a reference to Ono’s scream performance art lol.

by Anonymousreply 3904/27/2021

This thread is really hot.

by Anonymousreply 4004/27/2021

Lennon fucked a young James Taylor when Taylor briefly signed with Apple.

by Anonymousreply 4104/27/2021

R41. Receipts?

by Anonymousreply 4204/27/2021

What kind of receipt were you looking for from 1970, R42? Are you asking OP for their receipts?

by Anonymousreply 4304/27/2021

R41, yeah, okay.

by Anonymousreply 4404/29/2021

Gross

by Anonymousreply 4504/29/2021

Gross???

Here's the John/Paul kiss in the elevator scene from the movie "Two of Us", directed by Michael Lindsey-Hogg, who also directed "Let It Be" and the videos for Paperback Writer, and Rain, Hey Jude, Revolution…

He knew John and Paul very well....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4604/29/2021

Interesting two-parter about the Lennon-McCartney relationship. I just found this (sorry if it's been posted)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4704/30/2021

Vol 2...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4804/30/2021

Paul McCartney and the many times he talks about sharing a bed with John.-

"We grew up literally in the same bed because when we were on holiday, hitchhiking or whatever, we would share a bed. Or when we were writing songs as kids he’d be in my bedroom or I’d be in his."

‘Look, I’ve slept with him.’ We’ve done hitch-hiking holidays and we’ve had to top and tail it because there was only one bed. I say: ‘I knew him’.

Paul McCartney answers questions for Q magazine, 1998 “If John Lennon could come back for a day, how would you spend it with him?” “In bed.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4905/04/2021

John Lennon had the ugliest penis I have ever seen on the cover of that album.

Why the fuck would we want him to be bi or gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5005/04/2021

R49 "I slept with John a lot" .- Paul McCartney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5105/04/2021

“I could even hear what they were saying off-mike; ‘Oh Paul, you’re so cute tonight.’ was met with the reply 'Sod off, Lennon.’”

-Joan Baez on accompanying the Beatles to their concert in Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver.

26 August 1964

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5205/06/2021

Lots of interesting circumstantial evidence here. The other well know show biz duo where I'm pretty sure one had feelings for the other was Martin and Lewis. I think Jerry was in love with Dean, and Dean understood it. Used it to his advantage.

For me, the most convincing evidence about Lennon and McCartney are the diss tracks they traded back and forth in the early '70s. Some of those lyrics are SO bitter, they could only have come from someone who felt deeply hurt. The kind of hurt that a mere friend could never cause. As with Martin and Lewis, I think John was in love with Paul, and Paul knew it. John began to resent Paul for knowing it, and that was the root cause of The Beatles break up.

Had John not been killed, The Beatles would almost certainly have reunited at some point. Maybe for Live Aid in 1985. Maybe in the aftermath of 9/11 in 2001. Mark David Chapman certainly robbed us of some special days.

by Anonymousreply 5305/06/2021

R53 I don’t know...The Smiths never got back together...but I suppose there is still hope!

by Anonymousreply 5405/06/2021

From the "Get Back" sessions:

January 24th, 1969. After John and Paul run through another take of ‘Two Of Us’, Paul comments on the narratives and discreet emotional correlation between their songs.

PAUL: It’s like, uh, “We have to get back.” “We’re on our way home.”

JOHN: Yeah.

PAUL: There’s a story. There’s another one – ‘Don’t Let Me Down’. “Oh darling, I’ll never let you down.” Like we’re doing—

JOHN: Yeah. It’s like you and me are lovers.

PAUL: [reserved] Yeah. [pause]

JOHN: We’ll just have to camp it up for those two.

PAUL: Yeah. Well, I’ll be wearing my skirt for the show, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55Last Saturday at 6:39 PM

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned...

by Anonymousreply 56Last Saturday at 7:39 PM

R55 never saw that before! Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 57Last Sunday at 5:10 AM

"John and I went to Paris on birthday money he received from a relative. He must have been fond of me to spend that money. He let me have all the banana milkshakes I wanted."- Paul McCartney

“Don’t you miss England?”, - “Frankly”, John replied, “I miss Paris.”

by Anonymousreply 58Last Tuesday at 11:50 AM

Damn R58 that’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Tuesday at 5:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!