Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Bold And The Beautiful

Why is that dark haired girl from Melrose Place so desperate to get Denise Richards to marry Ridge?

It is on in our breakroom everyday at lunchtime and I don't really pay attention but why is this woman so hell bent on getting them together? Is she a matchmaker looking for a payday? Does she hate Brooke and wants to see her miserable?

Also, what happened to Sally Spectra Jr and Little Saul and Patrika Darbo?

by Anonymousreply 278January 5, 2021 12:27 AM

I don't know the answers to any of these, but I am curious where you got the Way Back Machine from?

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2020 5:40 PM

She hates Brooke for interfering in her own marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2020 5:46 PM

Who is she married to, R2?

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2020 5:55 PM

Also, this Ridge is ugly.

I miss Ronn Moss in his black speedos and scarves.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2020 5:56 PM

I love Quinn and her schemes. The rest of the stories suck. Liam’s cock is run rough and raw between trips to Hope and Steffy’s vag. The black lawyer guy is fine when he strips down.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2020 6:14 PM

Liam has great feet. Carter has busted feet - big bunion, spiny toes. Wyatt has nice buttery souls.

by Anonymousreply 6October 10, 2020 11:55 AM

I just want Brooke back as ceo. Something I have wished since the day she lost it. B&B is terrible nowadays. The writing is really poor and usually there are no real storylines.

by Anonymousreply 7October 10, 2020 12:00 PM

That real housewife eats pussy. Denise whatever her name is. Snatch eater.

by Anonymousreply 8October 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Except for the "Brooke back as CEO" part, r7 could be typing from 1989.

by Anonymousreply 9October 10, 2020 12:40 PM

That poor Zoey is so homely.

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2020 5:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2020 6:55 PM

That Liam guy gained shit ton of weight during quarantine. When are they reopening gyms in LA?

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2020 6:57 PM

"Wyatt has nice buttery souls."

It's called "two-spirited," R6, but neither Wyatt nor I owe you our emotional labor.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2020 7:11 PM

Who knows r12 because DL favorites Rob Wilson and Christopher Sean have both been missing not being able to go the gym and have had to find alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2020 7:12 PM

🔥

🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2020 7:13 PM

Those lips. Tanner has yum yum yummy lips.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2020 7:15 PM

The girl who plays Steffy is pregnant. Expect a one night stand with Liam in the coming weeks.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2020 8:09 PM

Again r17?

The actress who plays trans character Maya says she hasn't been asked back.

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2020 8:11 PM

I thought Steffy had the hots for Liam’s father, Dollar Bill? Could he be the father?

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Here you go R18. She announced it the other day. And she looks so much better in real life then she does on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2020 8:19 PM

Clifton sure has packed the quarantine 15......and then some. He’s a porker.

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2020 7:53 AM

They've added a "Executive Fashion Consultant" to help dress the cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2020 2:36 AM

Steffy and Liam fucked because Liam walked in and saw Thomas making out with the “Hope” mannequin and thought it was actually Hope.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2020 3:05 AM

I think so r23 but I'm not completely sure.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2020 3:09 AM

Sally Spector is now on the Young and Restless as Sally.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2020 3:11 AM

R24, I posted that as a summary of what happened on the show this week. I’m watching it and I’m all caught up.

Sally Spectra on Y&R is reminding me of Amber going to Genoa City in 2006. She schemed with Cane to try and pass him off as Philip Chancellor III who Katherine has given away as a baby when she was wasted and switched it with another baby. The episodes where Katherine had to try and summon the courage to tell Jill that she gave her baby away were some of the best I’ve seen.

Of course, they retconned the whole thing later.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2020 3:22 AM

B&B is SO good right now!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2020 5:59 AM

I love the Thomas / mannequin story. He really is fun to watch. That actor has really perked up the storyline. Finn is a bit dull. Zende is ripe for a gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2020 6:29 PM

You will never get a male homosexual story on B&B. Never. Too conservative.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2020 6:31 PM

Where can I buy a Finn mannequin?

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2020 6:56 PM

That Matt Hanvey dude on twitter is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2020 9:10 AM

The Thomas actor needs to get rid of the goatee. White dudes with goatees haven't been a good look since the early 90s. I think the Liam actor looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2020 9:49 AM

Scott Clifton has a fat face.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2020 9:53 AM

I haven't watched B&B since the early 2000s. Brooke must be married to Thomas by now...or his son.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2020 10:46 AM

You can tell - and we have seen - that Scott Clifton's normal body type is fat, so he must work hard to keep in shape.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2020 11:52 AM

When the soap came back this year, Scott Clifton was quite the porker. A shirts off scene last week shows he slimed down considerably. I think the facial hair on Thomas is to show how deranged he is.

I have a feeling that Steffy will become preggers from that one night. Seems like characters Dollar Bill and Katie are no longer on the show. Haven’t seen them in a year or more.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Little Saul was a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote] I haven't watched B&B since the early 2000s

The stories are still the same.

Best part of the show left when Susan Flannery did

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2020 2:57 PM

Clifton’s face is fat though. Look at him from a few years ago and now. He has a round moon fat face.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2020 3:15 PM

Clifton bids unsightly facial moles with facial hair.

Wasn’t he a computer geek/butterball on General Hospital

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2020 3:20 PM

Clifton HIDES unsightly facial moles with facial hair.

Wasn’t he a computer geek/butterball on General Hospital?

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2020 3:26 PM

The creepy Hope doll story is definitely the best soap storyline since Marlena’s possession.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2020 3:27 PM

I think the Hope mannequin looks remarkably like the actress who plays her. That obviously had to be commissioned.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2020 3:38 PM

Clifton's appeal mystifies me. But then again I guess he's the 21st century version of Bob Hughes....bland and basically a paper doll meant to reflect the woman's desires.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2020 3:40 PM

Why don't they bring Sheila back?

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2020 5:00 PM

The guy who plays Wyatt pings.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2020 5:01 PM

They did bring her back. For all and intents and purposes, I think Sheila still works at IL GIARDINO’S, a set we haven’t seen in awhile probably because of Covid filming restrictions and the use of restaurant extras that would be required.

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2020 5:06 PM

She’s been promoted to night manager.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2020 5:23 PM

R26 That switched baby story was the absolute worst of Lynn Marie Latham's plot-driven messes, because it was not only an offensive retcon of one of Bill Bell's classic stories, but it was also the one from which the asinine "Cane Ashby" character sprung. .. And after a previous attempt to rid the show of this stupid and unnecessary character back in 2011, they were finally able to axe Daniel Goddard's ass late last year. .. With that move, we can finally forget about that mess and never speak of it again.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2020 5:55 PM

B&B is boring. Needs new writers but probably won’t get them.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2020 6:07 PM

The Sheila actress is a right wing nut job who ran for Congress a few years ago. Fortunately she lost.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2020 10:48 PM

Yes, she ran against Congressman Dr. Ruiz here in the Coachella Valley. Got spanked with her right wing bullshit. The problem with soaps is that each actor stands in the very far corner of the set and doesn’t come remotely close to one another. Except when the Finn character kissed his real life wife with camera trickery, you’d think he and Steffy were brother and sister.

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2020 10:56 PM

Kimberlin the Carpetbagger. She bought a cheap condo in the district just to establish residency so she could run there. Fail.

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2020 11:45 PM

Kunterlin’s return was a total dud and viewers voiced their opinion about bringing back a right wing crackpot so the show dropped her storyline. Thank god. Not only is Kunterlin a bad actress, she had shady wage practices on her farm. Typical Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2020 11:46 PM

And her avocado "farm" is actually one of those pricey, residential tracts located in a private, gated-community in Fallbrook that comes with some acreage attached in order to grow enough trees of a certain crop which were specifically established to avoid paying taxes. .. They used to call these homeowners "gentlemen farmers". .. Yet, she tries to make off like she's some suffering, beleaguered farmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2020 12:05 AM

The Y&R thread is locked so I put this here. Justin Gaston is an ATROCIOUS actor. He’s good looking, but man is he not cut out for acting. No stage presence. Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2020 1:27 AM

R55 They don’t call her Kunterlin for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2020 1:28 AM

R56 While Gaston is not the greatest actor, he's no worse in that department than Dull Boaz (imho), plus,he's far easier on the eyes. .. A poster on another board described Gaston by saying at least he has a "natural charm." .. I agree with that observation.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2020 2:21 AM

Ordway and Gaston. It was embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2020 3:23 AM

R29, you're right.

We saw one with Ridge 1.0 and Thorne 1.0 in the show's first few years.

"Oh, no, little brother...Caroline loves me -- not you."

"Wrong, big brother. I'm going to marry Caroline."

It was like get a room. Had Caroline gone down to the kitchen that night to make a turkey sandwich and chat with Stephanie, Ridge would have still climbed into the bed to pull off 'that adolescent prank' and ended up having sex with Thorne.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2020 3:27 AM

R58, I agree; and physically he looks more like he'd be Bierdz' kid.

I can't believe CBS let Maria bring dead Phillip -- he died on screen -- back from the dead.

HOW did Phillip pay off everyone in the hospital to say he was dead?

Did he fake the car wreck he was in?

The dumbest thing Maria ever did and there was a lot she did wrong.

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2020 3:28 AM

I know people used to make fun of Ron Moss, but this guy playing Ridge now is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2020 3:37 AM

they call nuRidge "Hobo Ridge"

he does look like a hobo.

Moss was gorgeous! those cheekbones. You never knew what Ridge was thinking mostly because the acting wasn't that great; but that wasn't something he was hired in spite of...it was WHY he was hired.

You never knew what Ridge was thinking and that was the point. Tune in to tomorrow to see if Ridge was going to make his decision over Caroline and Brooke; and then, Taylor or Brooke.

What was Ridge thinking? I can't tell!

And that was the point. I'd bring him back now and 'Tognoni' Thorsten. Thanks for playing. Enjoy your parting gifts.

You couldn't play Ridge and Brooke 4x a week anymore, but 2x to 3x a week. and then put Stephanie's portrait over the fireplace.

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2020 3:42 AM

I remember when Justin Gaston played Ben Weston on Days and then then the rumors that he was let go from the show because he refused to present hole to one of the higher ups there.

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2020 4:06 AM

R64, why bother?

Even pre-metoo an exec would be risking his her career by pressuring a straight underwear model into some hanky panky.

They make so much money they could hire a call boy and tell him they want to do some role-playing; they can even ask for a Gaston look-alike.

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2020 4:09 AM

Clifton's mom left him a voicemail after seeing his reaction to Liam realizing he cheated on Hope because he can't tell the difference between his wife and a mannequin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 6, 2020 4:10 AM

R65 I don't know why. Iguess because they thought eventually someone would plus Justin was a model, so I guess they assumed that this isn't new to him. Also according to another rumor Justin's replacement was just that person who would do what Justin refused to do and present hole. Another rumor claims that the guy who played Cameron on the show. Coincidentally also a model was also asked to present hole and he refused to and eventually left the show.

Now back on the topic on hand. R46 I think his name has been mentioned in previous DL closeted celebrity threads. I guess next week in Y&R everyone is going to have to go back to standing 8ft apart after standing so close to each other during the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 67December 6, 2020 5:35 AM

R61 I don't blame Maria for doing the Phillip story, because she felt compelled to undo the horrible Latham retcon that made Cane the real Phillip, which (imho) was far worse.

While Phillip's car accident was real and unplanned, he explained that Dr. Hank Steele at Genoa City Memorial helped him fake his death. And the Hank character wasn't made up. Dr. Steele, played by Jerry Prell, had been an on-again-off-again recurring doctor on the show for years during this era.

by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2020 6:32 AM

On GH, Clifton was tall and lean. He just does it for me. I'm more of a face person so a gut doesn't bother me. I mean....you guys are making out like he's about to replace Marie Osmond as the Nutrisystem spokesperson.

BTW, what is up with Hope and those FUCKING bell sleeves?

by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2020 10:08 AM

So they fucked to write in the actress' pregnancy, right? But apparently the fans are taking this latest Liam fucking Steffy thing pretty seriously and are losing their minds.

by Anonymousreply 70December 6, 2020 1:19 PM

R68, I mean I get it, but I worked on the set in a very entry level position as a per diem worker back in the late 80s. I was THERE the day Phillip flatlined. It was a HARD OUT.

Cricket was by his bedside. Jill, Katherine, and Nina were there.

Plus, Phillip wasn't gay back in the day. He split from Cricket back then b/c Nina was pregnant with his child and they have both grown up without fathers and Phillip wasn't going to let that happen to his son. There wasn't a HINT of any of that.

I far more believe that Kay got drunk and stole her husband's bastard over Phillip faking his death b/c he wanted to live the gay life down under.

I hope Bierdz doesn't read this, but the reality is he was fired because he was a bad actor; he has this nasal thing and he can't really act. And when he came back he was still nasally and, sadly, still a bad actor; the show didn't keep him around for very long.

Plus, where was Phillip when Nina was being taken in by David Kimball? When she was in jail? When Ryan died? And he came back as a ghost in 2004 along with Rex. No. Phillip never should have been brought back.

Btw, does this mean Phillip and Nina are married still? They never divorced, did they.

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2020 2:03 AM

I mean that there was no hint of Phillip being gay.

have = had

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2020 2:04 AM

Conway is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2020 2:28 AM

R71 I get all that too, but for me, those are actually reasons why the drama and emotions that we witnessed back demand that the young man we saw die on-screen still be the Real Phillip. .. Also, if you throw out Bierdz' rendition of Phillip and turn him into Fake Phillip, then you're also making Nina's son no longer the Chancellor heir. .. I certainly don't want THAT!

So as clumsy as MAB's undoing of Latham's asinine retcon may have been, I still support it as something that was totally necessary.

by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote] I mean that there was no hint of Phillip being gay.

Well, of course not. Why would there be? Phillip was deep in the closet and only having unseen downlow hook-ups with Chase and Danny. Occasionally, Scott would let Phillip give him a blow job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2020 2:50 AM

Bringing Phillip III back to life and making him gay certainly had some holes in the plotline. But it was still innovative storytelling for Y&R.

Frankly, the weakest thing about that storyline was Thom Bierdz. He needed an acting coach to help him because Tricia Cast, Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper acted circles around him.

A stronger actor could have sold the storyline despite the plot's holes.

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2020 3:07 AM

R75, how many guys in that photo are gay?

Three? Four?

R76, ITA and it's exactly why you don't bring Phillip back from the dead. MAB could bring Phillip to life, but Bierdz wasn't going to be able to bring the material to life.

If they wanted to keep Chance the Chancellor heir, they could have undone Cane being Phillip II's son. But they still could have left Phillip III dead.

Phillip III's death drove story; Kay and Jill, for once, had a common goal. It was terrific to see these two enemies have something in common. Cast is brilliant; she held her own with the two powerhouses and then some. Nina falling prey to David was another great story. And then we got great years of Nina/Ryan/Victoria/Cole.

And while on some level, sure, it's sorta kind of plausible Phillip would fake his death and leave town to go and be gay how could he do that to his mother? to Nina? to Katherine? to CRICKET??? and, seriously, most of all to his son; he left Cricket b/c he wasn't going to let his son grow up without a dad and then he walked out on his son.

How do those abandonment issues play out in Chance's life today? In Nina's? If Latham's retcon was asinine, then MAB's 'fixing' that retcon was even more asinine b/c only a PRICK would walk out on his son -- and let his mother (who only had ONE child at the time) think that her child was dead.

And when did he get this idea? While recovering in bed from the accident? He was gravely injured. How did he think to do this?

Chance could still be a Chancellor heir just as Ashley is an Abbott and Lorie Brooks is a Brooks. It's not always blood that makes you family.

At the crux of all this is Bierdz (PLEASE GOD DON"T LET HIM READ THIS) can't act. He cannot act. He book very few jobs after leaving Y&R. I feel awful he had that tragic life. Crazy brother kills mother. Another brother kills himself. Dear lord. The poor boy.

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2020 3:55 AM

Oh, and 35-40 year old Cane went along with this....? B/c he wanted a family? He should have pretended to have been a Hughes.

Plus, OMG, I'm watching this clip now. Cane is saying he never knew his father and his mother died when he was a little boy? No! What about Colin and what about Genevieve! ???

MAB introduced those two...she's retconning her own history; so in Cane's big 'coming clean' speech, he was lying?? Makes no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2020 3:59 AM

Plus, MAB had to retcon Kay giving away Phillip as a baby. She remembered doing it; then realized she didn't do it.

Jeanne won an Emmy for those scenes in which Kay told Jill she gave her baby away.

by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2020 4:19 AM

I just rewatched some of this story; I see where they were going, but...no. just no.

Bierdz didn't pull it off.

Tricia Cast was great though.

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2020 4:21 AM

R70 Everyone is just sick of the triangle from hell. Steffy fans begged and begged for her to get a love interest, they bring him on only for her to fuck Liam. It’s exhausting. The show is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2020 4:38 AM

R78 Yes, we have to assume that "Cane Ashby" was lying at that point, since when MAB was forced to rehire Goddard - resulting in expanding Cane's backstory/family - we heard that he was actually "Ethan Atkinson" and on the run from his Australian mafia family and their enemies who were out to kill him, so that was all a big identity secret.

And I think to undo what LML had done, Real Phillip had to be part of it, because in LML's version, Cane had taken DNA and blood tests to prove that he was Phillip, so that resulted in MAB writing that Phillip was alive and giving Cane the samples to use.

ftr - I'm no big fan of Bierdz either. He's "okay" with light material, and of course, being the original, there's the sentimental factor (especially since Jeannie loved him), but I've always said that if they ever would decide to expand the role, they need to bite the bullet and just recast.

by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2020 4:48 AM

Is Steffy still played by that woman with the bad plastic surgery? She was young, but still had fillers and Botox.

by Anonymousreply 83December 7, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote]if they ever would decide to expand the role, they need to bite the bullet and just recast.

IF Y&R were committed to having a gay storyline, that's exactly what they would have done. But the CBS soap view tends to be older and more conservative than the other soaps.

But Bierdz was last on in, what 2011? Show can't even be bothered to bring him back for his son's wedding. I mean, the man lives in Big Bear, so it would be easy enough for him to drive the 2.5 hours to LA for a day or two to tape the wedding episodes.

by Anonymousreply 84December 7, 2020 5:09 AM

Okay, so Cane comes clean and tells Lily no, no, this is why I did all this. I'm telling you the truth NOW; Well, actually, I'm not.

MAB wrote that Cane never knew his parents; okay, all that was a lie; and then he knew them. When they came along did Lily or anyone say: Hey, you said they were dead!

It's one thing to inherit stories you don't believe in and change them, but Maria changed her OWN stories.

It's more believable to me that Kay stole Jill's baby than it was to think that Phillip pulled off his own death, got 40 year old Cane to lie to his loved ones, and then Phillip comes back -- why exactly? Not when Nina was suicidal or on trial for murder...

And that Cane carried around blood vials in a refrigerator in case he was asked to give samples.

The problem is Josh didn't honor Maria's story and Maria didn't honor Lynn's....and nobody really honored Bill's.

Y&R is all a mess now.

After Phillip's resurrection, the worst retcon on the show was making JT a wife beater.

by Anonymousreply 85December 7, 2020 5:12 AM

I already forgot - what happened to Jeffery Todd after that?

by Anonymousreply 86December 7, 2020 5:19 AM

His behavior was explained away as a convenient brain tumor, but he STILL goes off to jail as some kind of odd penance.

I think.

by Anonymousreply 87December 7, 2020 5:28 AM

[quote] Plus, MAB had to retcon Kay giving away Phillip as a baby. She remembered doing it; then realized she didn't do it.

Very easy, since Bill Bell had written Kay back then as a "raging dypsomaniac" (his words) who was drunk as a skunk half the time. .. Even into the 80s, Kay was so boozed up that she couldn't remember, if she'd shot Jill or not. Her brain cells were marinated. .. Also, I wouldn't call what MAB did in relation to Kay's faulty memory a "retcon". She was "undoing" what LML had retconned, which is more on the order of a restoration project.

by Anonymousreply 88December 7, 2020 5:45 AM

There was the classic scene after Phillip was born where Katherine offered to buy him from Jill. I think it was a million dollars. Then, after Katherine took Jill to court and had her marriage invalidated and stripped Phillip of the Chancellor name, she admitted to Jill that she saw Phillip and Jill fucking in the stables (the night Phillip took Jill's virginity and the night Katherine fell off the wagon again) and knew that Phillip was Phillip's child and that she did everything for spite. That was when Jill had enough and turned.

So I don't think that Katherine would have offered to pay Jill a million dollars for a baby that she had already switched.

And Phillip's death was supposed to be a callback to the original Phillip's death and set up the next generation of the feud.

The retcon and retcon of the retcon was sort of beneath Y&R if you ask me. I'm not saying that Bill Bell was perfect, but the Phillip, Jill, Katherine story was tightly woven and never really needed to be touched. A good writer could have milked decades of story out of the original without retconning a single thing.

by Anonymousreply 89December 7, 2020 5:46 AM

[quote] The retcon and retcon of the retcon was sort of beneath Y&R if you ask me.

Yeah. That's the kind of mess one gets when you have something on the order of nine EPs and 11 HW's during the last 15 years.

We were so used to just one for a quarter of a century.

by Anonymousreply 90December 7, 2020 6:28 AM

Tricia Cast has gotten so fat! Beth Maitland territory. Young &Restless? Hardly! Fat fat fat and obese. Rename the show The Fat and the Obese.

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2020 11:06 AM

Can anyone confirm that Lauren and Nina were ever friends? That scene with Lauren joining Nina and Christine for drinks felt forced. I always remember them in entirely separate storylines.

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2020 11:55 AM

Lauren and Nina were never friends...

Unless there's a secret society for all the women who've fucked Paul Williams.

Their storylines never intersected...although it does kind of make sense that Cricket would invite two people she's friends with out for drinks, even if they aren't friends themselves.

by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2020 12:14 PM

Clifton reminds me of that homely actor who played Andy on ATWT. They should replace him with a hot actor with a square jaw and who's familiar with the inside of a gym. ATWT should of done that with Andy. Fuck was he homely.

by Anonymousreply 94December 7, 2020 12:40 PM

Start a Y&R thread you illiterate boobs. Get that ish off this B&B thread.

by Anonymousreply 95December 7, 2020 12:46 PM

B&B: Y&R is a completely separate show!

Also B&B: Lauren, Victor, Sheila, Ashley...

by Anonymousreply 96December 7, 2020 12:56 PM

Aren't Y&R and B&B in the same universe?

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2020 1:17 PM

Yes, R97.

Just recently Sally Spectra arrived in Genoa City.

Weren’t a couple of the ABC soaps supposed to be in the same universe?

by Anonymousreply 98December 7, 2020 1:36 PM

I’ve always thought Clifton is THE blandest actor ever to win three emmys.

by Anonymousreply 99December 7, 2020 1:53 PM

R97, the funny thing about Y&R and B&B is that they exist in the same universe, but then you'll have situations like:

Don Diamont, who played Brad for decades on Y&R, appeared on B&B in a few crossover episodes. However, after his character died on Y&R, he came back to play a completely new character on B&B.

By the way, this thread got me to Googling and I just now learned Don Diamont has an insanely hot son!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 7, 2020 2:03 PM

I remember “Brad” Don Diamont with Brendad Ickson scenes. He wore lots of speedos. And then the end as Brad-sickle. In the ice. Dead.

by Anonymousreply 101December 7, 2020 2:50 PM

I miss Susan Flannery. She is a wonderful actress. Is it true she's a lesbian? She hid it pretty well IMO.

by Anonymousreply 102December 7, 2020 2:54 PM

Susan only hid her lebianism well until the early 2000s...by the time she left the show in the mid-00s, she made kd lang seem like a lipstick lesbian.

I was shocked when I watched some behind-the-scenes feature in the late 90s and learned the short blonde hairstyle Susan wore throughout the decade was a wig! It looked so real, but even then her natural hairstyle was a buzzcut.

by Anonymousreply 103December 7, 2020 2:59 PM

Thank you for confirming, r103. She never gave off a lesbian vibe to me.

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2020 3:12 PM

Sue Flannery licked many a cunt! She loved snatch.

by Anonymousreply 105December 7, 2020 3:22 PM

R100 wow!

by Anonymousreply 106December 7, 2020 3:29 PM

Susan Seaforth Hayes was originally supposed to be Stephanie, according to Susan Seaforth Hayes. I can see it.

by Anonymousreply 107December 7, 2020 3:42 PM

Susan Flannery played Susan Seaforth Hayes’s aunt (by marriage) on DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 108December 7, 2020 3:44 PM

Hindsight being 20/20, the sexual tension between Stephanie and Caroline was overwhelming. Too bad the world wasn't ready to see a man and his mother compete for a woman's affection in the late 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 109December 7, 2020 3:48 PM

Jane Elliot was all but signed to play Stephanie, but then Flannery called up Bell and asked for the job.

I couldn't see Jane putting in 25 years on a show like Flannery did. Jane likes to jump around though, once she made herself essential to the show as Susan did they would have given her a nice deal to stay.

I couldn't see Moss being hired as Elliot's son, though. Ronn was around 35 when he was cast but playing 25 ish.

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2020 3:51 PM

R97 Yes ... and Y&R is also in the same universe as ATWT, since Michael LaBaldwin traveled to Oakdale in order to represent Keith Morrissey in the custody battle for J.J. Larrabee, a move supported by Jack and Carly. .. And later, ATWT's Alison Stewart was seen on Y&R, when she got reacquainted with her Genoa City internet porn pal from El-Lay, Amber Moore, by helping Amber drug and "marry" Cane Ashby, in Las Vegas. By extension, this would mean B&B is in the ATWT universe as well.

by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2020 7:19 PM

Scott Clifton was rather hefty when he started on GH as Dillon back in 2003.

But he gradually lost the weight once he was on the air. Frankly, I was surprised they debuted character when he was still weighing that much.

Clifton must have been so good in his audition that GH was willing to put him on air with the extra 50 pounds rather than cast someone who was not as strong an actor but in better shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2020 7:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2020 10:32 PM

“Finn” always seems so wooden, unhappy, no charisma. But with juicy lips.

by Anonymousreply 114December 7, 2020 11:26 PM

Finn needs to just relax and let Thomas fuck and breed him.

by Anonymousreply 115December 7, 2020 11:38 PM

YES! But one of them might get hurt in the dive for the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2020 11:44 PM

Finn definitely is stiff. He seems especially awkward in these scenes where he has to stand and talk to other characters. I realize that's because of the show's COVID procedures that keep them from getting too close to each other, but the experienced actors can handle these scenes where they are standing still and talking better than the Finn actor.

by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2020 11:45 PM

Liberty biberty

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2020 11:47 PM

I don't understand B&B Covid response, since the other soaps aren't doing that at all.

by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2020 11:55 PM

R118 love me some Tanner Novlan (Finn). I’d keep repeating liberty biberty in his ass as I ate it all day.

by Anonymousreply 120December 8, 2020 12:20 AM

Bev P. Was great with Bob Gentry but the writers didn't seem particularly interested for them. Who wrote Pat out? Browne or Jacker? How could Rauch have okayed that?

by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2020 12:47 AM

they need to bring back Jackie M, Owen, & NIck

by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2020 12:48 AM

I gave up B&B more than twenty years ago, but every time I see Hobo Ridge, I laugh at the very thought of trying to imagine his Ridge strutting around the pool like a peacock in a Speedo.

I mean, if Bradley Bell was out to successfully recast Ronn Moss, he should have at least thought about Ridge's most important and memorable character trait.

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2020 1:24 AM

The guy who plays Finn is STRAIGHT. Stop whacking your dicks, assholes!

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2020 1:25 AM

this bitch at r124 is TRIGGERED y'all, watch out.

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2020 1:27 AM

STOP whacking your dicks to a straight moron who can’t act. Finn. Waste of jizz.

by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2020 1:59 AM

R123 And to think Kaye landed the first Emmy nomination for the character. But he will always be hobo Ridge to me. He just lacks that Prince Charming appeal that Moss had.

by Anonymousreply 127December 8, 2020 2:00 AM

There are some actors, while they are not good actors, they just embody a part so well that it is hard separate the two. Ronn Moss and Ridge was a prime example of this. I would even argue that, even though they did it, Ridge was a character who could not be recast.

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2020 2:03 AM

It happened!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote] STOP whacking your dicks to a straight moron who can’t act. Finn. Waste of jizz.

LOL! Guys do this with porn stars all the time.

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2020 2:12 AM

r121 Wrong thread. The P&G thread is linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2020 2:24 AM

R122 I agree

by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2020 5:56 AM

Alan Sarapa from the tweeterer is an absolute fucken moron. He’s fucking homely, too.

by Anonymousreply 133December 8, 2020 7:44 AM

Just recently started watching B&B, a question--who's the queen that we're supposed to believe is falling for the Black chick with the pink hair? I mean...each actor is shittier than the next on this show. I know GH gets a lot of shit but at least most of the cast can recite their lines without looking at the camera.

by Anonymousreply 134December 8, 2020 11:29 AM

Also? I would DEVOUR this man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 8, 2020 11:31 AM

The lady with pink hair is Zoe's sister Paris and I assume the other person you are talking about is possibly NuZende r134.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2020 11:46 AM

NuZende is of the homosex persuasion.

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2020 11:54 AM

Oh My GODDDD. How could I NOT be talking about THAT guy R136? That's the gayest thing I've EVER seen.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2020 12:20 PM

R138

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2020 12:35 PM

Zoe looks like a tranny. And they needed to add another useless character like her sister like they needed a hole in the head. I always ff through the Carter, Zende, Zoe crap.

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2020 3:26 PM

Why is Paris hanging out so much at Forrester Creations? She just walks around and pops her head into any office she wants.

Very LAX security there.

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2020 3:33 PM

Maybe Paris could learn to make lemon squares. Looks like our Denise has had some recent work done. A snare drum isn’t pulled as tight as her face.

by Anonymousreply 142December 9, 2020 2:18 AM

R110 I saw Flanner’s interview where she said Bell called her and she first turned it down. KKL told when she auditioned John was there and read Ridge’s lines.

by Anonymousreply 143December 9, 2020 11:33 AM

Jane screen-tested for the role; Gail Kobe called her and said: Susan changed her mind and called Bill. She wants the job.

I think Susan had some $ reversals between turning it down and taking it.

I can't imagine anyone else but her in the role.

in the second episode, Eric comes home from the fashion show (backstage only) in the first; Stephanie's there, wearing another designer; he's in a mood as she says. They established these two and the trouble marriage from day one. (or day two, as it were)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 10, 2020 6:12 AM

troubled

by Anonymousreply 145December 10, 2020 6:13 AM

When did Flannery morph from lipstick lez to full on truck driver mode?

by Anonymousreply 146December 10, 2020 3:50 PM

Apparently she was wearing a wig for the first 20 or so years of the show. Always had the butch crew cut in her real life.

by Anonymousreply 147December 10, 2020 7:51 PM

I can’t post on the Y&R thread, so hope it’s OK to post this here. Terry Lester sure did love her cinnamon buns.

Marguerite Ray, the actress who played the original Mamie Johnson on CBS’ “The Young and the Restless” has died. She was 89.

Ray, who died Nov. 18 in Los Angeles according to her obituary in the East Bay Times, was best known for her role as the first Mamie Johnson on “The Young and the Restless,” the CBS soap opera’s first Black series-regular character, which she held from 1980-1990.

She also played Evelyn Lewis on “Sanford” and Jane Matthews on “Dynasty,” along with numerous other small-screen credits.

by Anonymousreply 148December 10, 2020 8:13 PM

It's not ok r148, not at all.

by Anonymousreply 149December 10, 2020 8:32 PM

Then I must be punished 149, punished strongly, punished severely.

by Anonymousreply 150December 10, 2020 9:09 PM

r147 Flannery only started wearing a wig when she went through cancer, around early 2000. After her cancer went into remission, she kept the short white hair that grew back after chemo. She had the wig up until 2003 when drunj Sally infamously cut drunk Stephanie’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 151December 10, 2020 9:50 PM

Was Ray really the show's first Black contract actress?

by Anonymousreply 152December 10, 2020 10:12 PM

Does anyone know why Ray left the role or got let go?

by Anonymousreply 153December 10, 2020 10:17 PM

Whatever happened to Skip and Carol?

by Anonymousreply 154December 10, 2020 10:25 PM

R153 As I recall, Ray got cut when Bell opted to beef up the role of "Mamie" when the character's two nieces, The Barber Sisters (Olivia and Drucilla), were introduced. There was going to be a lot more episodes and dialogue for the "Aunt Mamie" character.

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2020 10:27 PM

I believe she was let go, R153. There was maybe a few day over lap in May of 1990 with Ray still in the role and Rowell having made her debut as Dru.

Maybe they felt they needed a 'stronger' actress in the part, but seriously, give Ray a shot!

Enter Veronica Redd as Mamie; who played a transsexual on The Jeffersons so maybe they felt she'd be stronger, someone to smack Dru down when she got out of hand.

It's probably why poor Kate Linder must feel it could be over any day for her.

She might ask herself, 'If this could happen to Marguerite and she didn't do anything wrong it could happen to me.'

I was at a Paley event for Y&R one night within the last 20 years ? There was the main cast on stage, regaling fans with stories.

In one of the far back rows, I saw Marguerite, who attended just to see everybody and maybe relive some memories. I felt badly for her.

When you get on a show like a soap, you can be set for life. But one day, it just ended for Marguerite and Redd got to play some meaty stuff with Jill.

I loved it when Jill would shrill at her: "You're the maaaiiiiddd!"

RIP, Marguerite Ray

by Anonymousreply 156December 10, 2020 10:30 PM

R154 As I recall, Todd Curtis (Skip) left Y&R around the same time as his then real-life girlfriend, Nina Arvesen (Cassandra Rawlins) quit. "Carol" was still occasionally seen for a couple of years after that, but basically in the secretarial role with no real story. I think you were just supposed to imagine "Carol, Skip, and Skylar" as a happy little family -- off-camera.

by Anonymousreply 157December 10, 2020 10:57 PM

R155 156 thanks. I just saw Rays IMDb. She worked quite a bit in episodic work on prime time before YR. Maybe she asked for too much money or something and they let her go. Veronica Redds Mamie scenes with Jill were fun though.

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote] I loved it when Jill would shrill at her

That's one thing I never liked about Walton's interpretation of Jill: the shrill delivery and barking of lines.

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2020 12:56 AM

We are anxiously awaiting a statement from Brendad regarding Ms Ray’s passing.

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2020 4:43 AM

Nina Arvesen didn't quit.

There were some problems and she died in a really sad way -- off-camera, hit by a truck.

Yikes.

She was STUNNINGLY gorgeous. Bell loved her. Had she stayed and not had those problems she'd be one of the biggest stars on the show today.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2020 6:17 AM

When Nina Arvesen left Y&R, she quickly moved over to Santa Barbara where she played Angela Raymond for about a year.

Stunningly gorgeous.

I'm not seeing anything about the actresses death online.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2020 6:26 AM

R161 Whatever. .. But NA told a French publication that she'd grown weary of the Cassandra character, and she was also critical of how Cassandra had been written. .. And whether true or not, she also said her contract had come to term, and she decided that she wanted a change, opting to take the role of Angela on Santa Barbara, because she felt it was the opposite of Cassandra.

R162 I presume what R161 means is that the character of Cassandra was killed in a rather sad, abrupt way. As I recall, we actually did see a pair of long, female legs meant to belong to Cassandra step off a curb with the sound effects, etc. implying she was hit and instantly killed by a truck. They just weren't Nina's legs. They belonged to some (stunt) double. Apparently, Arvesen was already done.

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2020 7:52 AM

Who quits the top rated soap to join one hovering at the bottom?

SB was off the air by January 1993.

Actors -- and I can't blame them -- like to save face by saying they quit rather than were fired. Thom Bierdz maintains he quit; in his case, I believe his 3 year deal was up and the show didn't want to renew.

Nina's beauty, sophistication and talent were all exceptional. The George Rawlins storyline -- which people still talk about today -- helped shoot Y&R to No. 1.

Cassandra was originally supposed to be the killer, but Bill Bell changed his mind, wanting to keep her.

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2020 5:07 PM

Don't get me wrong, actors like to be part of something that is successful, but they also like to be challenged with their roles. And in spite of Santa Barbara's ratings, it had a dream cast of some of the best actors in the history of daytime and it was considered a prestige show, ratings or not. And SB was quirky and irreverent and allowed actors to play around a little bit more.

Just listen to way people in daytime talk about SB, back then and now... no one watched it, but it was well respected.

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2020 5:15 PM

Personally, I loved the last year of SB; which I know is blasphemy among diehard SBers.

Angela -- like Cassandra -- was sophisticated and stunning. And the bit where that young girl -- Elaine? I think her name was -- worshipped Angela was quite funny and endearing.

Arvesen had chemistry with all the men -- I've no doubt Cassandra would have had a turn as Mrs. Victor Newman had she stayed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2020 5:22 PM

Arveson was mediocre, at best. Pretty. But not a good actress. Her pinnacle was Y&R because she gave Bill Bell several boners.

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2020 6:14 PM

She was stunningly beautiful, and this is coming from a gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2020 6:33 PM

Nina didn't need to be a great actress; she had the X factor.

Bell was doing his version of the 1980s film Body Heat.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2020 6:44 PM

She got so much better; a little stiff in beginning; then...a light switch was flicked.

She was mesmerizing.

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2020 7:43 PM

JFP should've lured Nina to GL to play NuMaureen rather than killing her off due to that dull as dishwater actress who played her. Recast Ed with someone hot like Dennis Cole and can that ugly boring morose Peter Simon, and NuSexyEd&Maureen would've been front and center for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2020 7:55 PM

Let’s talk more about Sue Flannery’s wig. The fraus at SOD said each of Sue’s 2000-03 Stephanie wigs costed $1500 each. They were good wigs that looked real on the forehead and over the ears.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2020 10:31 PM

Did her carpet match the drapes?

by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2020 10:34 PM

Did Sue Flan ever munch on the carpet?

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2020 10:49 PM

Matt Hanvey is an idiot! Get a job!

by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2020 11:56 PM

Back to Sue Flannery’s luscious wig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 12, 2020 12:06 AM

Back to Sue Flannery’s luscious wig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2020 12:06 AM

R171, Nina Arvesen as NuMoe?

Well, that's NOT good enough my daughter! And that's not good enough for ME!!

by Anonymousreply 178December 12, 2020 6:02 PM

Eric loved Stephanie’s wigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 12, 2020 7:06 PM

Stephanie always came across as a bull dyke lezzie.

by Anonymousreply 180December 12, 2020 11:52 PM

Lezzie? Not in my wig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 13, 2020 12:00 AM

Scott Clifton didn't look remotely dumpy during those hospital scenes. He looked tall and slender. What are you egg-shaped queens talking about?

by Anonymousreply 182December 13, 2020 10:12 AM

R179 That’s why he married everyone from Brooke to Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 183December 13, 2020 1:38 PM

There’s no Y&R thread. I wonder how Tyler Johnson felt playing the scenes with Sally knowing that he was fired so that they could bring her on.

by Anonymousreply 184December 14, 2020 11:57 AM

I like Tyler Johnson and think the Theo storyline had more places to go. Bad firing.

Get rid of the annoying and useless Lola and “Rey.”

by Anonymousreply 185December 14, 2020 1:20 PM

Tyler Johnson knew he was playing against the actress (Sally) who got him fired.

by Anonymousreply 186December 14, 2020 2:05 PM

I'd take Tyler on Days.

He could play:

Nu Theo

Nu Joey

Nu JJ

One of Sonny's Brothers

So many possibilities

by Anonymousreply 187December 14, 2020 2:24 PM

NO! To Tyler on another soap. He’s ugly and looks greasy. Yuck! I’m thrilled that he was fired so they could bring Sally on. Love love love her!!!!

by Anonymousreply 188December 14, 2020 2:33 PM

Talk about Y&R here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 14, 2020 8:02 PM

Gonna miss Theo. Hope the actor gets another role that requires nudity!

by Anonymousreply 190December 14, 2020 8:56 PM

Theo needed a bath.

by Anonymousreply 191December 15, 2020 4:38 AM

13.5x8 James Scott would've made a better NuRidge than TK.

by Anonymousreply 192December 15, 2020 5:21 PM

My interpretation of Thorsten Kaye's casting as NuRidge was a Bradley Bell's way of sending Ronn Moss a giant fuck you.

Bradley was so pissed at Ronn, he wouldn't even bring him back for Stephanie's funeral a mere two months after Ridge left town.

Then a year later when he's ready to bring back Ridge, he goes for the polar opposite of Ronn. Ronn was known for having looks, a chiseled body and great hair, but being weak in the acting department. So Brad casts a super-strong actor who has a tubby body and an average face, plus an Irish brogue and a reluctance to wash his hair, let along get it trimmed and styled.

by Anonymousreply 193December 15, 2020 6:16 PM

Ted King or Vincent Irizarry would have been better options as a Ridge recast. Kaye makes no sense!

by Anonymousreply 194December 15, 2020 6:44 PM

R194, I saw Irrizary on B&B a few months back in several episodes as some no-name ER doctor. He never was a Lionel or John Barrymore, but I was shocked at how bad his acting was; I didn't recall his being that awful on GL back in the day.

Besides, in age Brooke would look more like his (much) older sister than his wife.

by Anonymousreply 195December 15, 2020 7:10 PM

R192 I love James Scott, but at age 41, he's far too young to play Ridge. (Plus, he's given up acting and is looking to be some kind of guru.)

by Anonymousreply 196December 15, 2020 7:23 PM

R193...mmm... is Toasty really a 'super strong actor'?

by Anonymousreply 197December 15, 2020 7:29 PM

Also, it may be an 'f.u.' to Moss -- or his wife who bitched about his being replaced -- but it's a BIGGER f.u. to the audience.

Thorsten is 'Hobo Ridge' - always has been, always will be.

I used to not 'get' Moss in the role. I could never tell what Ridge was thinking; who did he love? Caroline? Brooke? Taylor?

Then, I realized that's the point. We don't know what Ridge is thinking.

Tune in tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 198December 15, 2020 7:34 PM

I think Jason Brooks (ex-Peter from Days) would have made a good NuRidge.

He's 54 now -- the same age as Thorston Kaye -- and comes with his very own "sexy in a swimsuit" pedigree (from his time on Baywatch) -- which I think is paramount to the Ridge character's history as believing him to have been the young playboy of Beverly Hills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 15, 2020 7:42 PM

Jason's put on a smidge of weight, but I wouldn't kick him out of Brooke's bedroom for eating carbs.

Jeffrey Meek's a bit of a Moss look-alike and has soaps experience from Search and ATWT.

There's a certain style and look to Bell actors; Thorsten is not it.

by Anonymousreply 200December 15, 2020 7:51 PM

Brendad Ickson should be NuRidge.

by Anonymousreply 201December 15, 2020 8:50 PM

Robert Tyler as NuRidge would've been perfection.

by Anonymousreply 202December 15, 2020 9:24 PM

Didn't they reverse-SORAS Ridge and Throne?

by Anonymousreply 203December 16, 2020 12:19 AM

R203

by Anonymousreply 204December 16, 2020 12:31 AM

The last two actors playing Ridge and Thorne (Kaye and Rademacher) are years younger than the actress who plays The Slut from The Valley.

by Anonymousreply 205December 16, 2020 12:36 AM

R202 If Robert Tyler joined the crappy show, I'd have to watch. I'm surprised no other soap tried snapping him up. He totally dropped off the radar.

I never got the appeal of Moss. He aged badly, too. Most fans seem to miss him all the much despite being on the show for 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 206December 16, 2020 12:47 AM

Back in the late-90s, Barry Kaufman (Robert Tyler) and his then-wife, Jessica Capogna Kaufman (Collins), lived across the street from my boyfriend in WeHo.

He was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 207December 16, 2020 1:08 AM

Jason Brooks a good recast option! Robert Tyler was one of the hottest. Is Robert Keller Kelly to blue collar to play rich playboy? He’s still handsome. Patrick Muldoon too old?

by Anonymousreply 208December 16, 2020 12:56 PM

Dumb fuck Matt Hanvey stopped watching B&B but yet he comments about every episode. lol Stupid asshole.

by Anonymousreply 209December 16, 2020 8:01 PM

Jeff Trachta, the only other real Thorne aside from Clayton Norcross, is gay, no?

by Anonymousreply 210December 16, 2020 9:01 PM

Jeff Trachta is "Broadway Thorne" not Real Thorne.

One of the silliest things Bill Bell ever wrote into the soap.

by Anonymousreply 211December 16, 2020 9:07 PM

Clayton Norcross is "Original Thorne" or "Sexy As Fuck Thorne" depending on personal choice.

He was let go for having far too much on-screen chemistry with.... Ronn Moss.

by Anonymousreply 212December 16, 2020 9:15 PM

Yes, Trachta is gay. He's been with a guy named 'Al' for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 213December 16, 2020 9:17 PM

I was waiting for Tommy Tune to show up and ask Ingo's Thorne to star in his proposed revival of "The Boy from Oz."

by Anonymousreply 214December 16, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote] He's been with a guy named 'Al' for quite some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 16, 2020 10:10 PM

R212 Clayton was so beautiful. My favorite Thorne. I hope he is still handsome.

by Anonymousreply 216December 17, 2020 6:19 AM

R216 Clayton is hot silver daddy. He lives in Hawaii now. Posts on IG.

Video from three weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 17, 2020 6:38 AM

He also has a channel on youtube, where he was doing this "Love Tips" series. I believe that ended with Episode 22 in October.

(I have not watchd any of them.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 17, 2020 6:46 AM

Clayton Norcross a celebrity????? Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 219December 17, 2020 7:20 AM

Why did Clayton leave or get let go from the Thorne role?

by Anonymousreply 220December 17, 2020 9:31 AM

Is Clayton a gay?

by Anonymousreply 221December 17, 2020 10:50 AM

Clayton is NOT GAY! He flirted with my attractive FEMALE friend at a soaps event years ago. When they shook hands, he held his grasp AND his stair a little too long, if you get my drift. So he's not into dick. Not every hot guy plays for your team.

by Anonymousreply 222December 17, 2020 1:10 PM

Clayton is NOT a fag.

And I'm just the dame to prove it!

by Anonymousreply 223December 17, 2020 1:29 PM

Joanna ate out Susie F

by Anonymousreply 224December 17, 2020 1:36 PM

Let’s talk more about my beautiful wigs.

by Anonymousreply 225December 17, 2020 2:44 PM

Clayton doesn’t eat snatch. He’s a cockman.

by Anonymousreply 226December 17, 2020 3:02 PM

[QUOTE] When they shook hands, he held his grasp AND his stair a little too long

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 227December 17, 2020 3:20 PM

I get an $equal opportunity$ vibe from Clayton.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2020 5:02 PM

[quote]he held his grasp AND his stair a little too long

So, that means they didn't go up the staircase because it was such a steep climb?

by Anonymousreply 229December 17, 2020 6:00 PM

Back to my lovely wig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Does Sue Flannery’s carpet match the drapes?

by Anonymousreply 231December 17, 2020 6:44 PM

I sure hope they’re not setting up a Ridge and Hope romance.

by Anonymousreply 232December 17, 2020 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 17, 2020 7:37 PM

Ahem, back to my fluffy wig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 17, 2020 7:40 PM

Is Zende a gay?

by Anonymousreply 235December 23, 2020 5:41 PM

The whole Forrester fam loved when Ridge and I wore our wigs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 23, 2020 9:08 PM

What’s up with the “fashions” they have been sporting lately?

by Anonymousreply 237December 25, 2020 9:20 AM

The Liam/Steffy scenes have been so repetitive for weeks now. Angst over the hookup. Just let Finn bone Hope as retribution and get on with it. Hope and Finn would make a better couple.

That Zende character is gay as a goose. Which is fine by me. I like his haute look. He and Paris can paint toe nails together, talk about the Housewife shows and snark about lemon bars.

by Anonymousreply 238December 25, 2020 3:50 PM

R237 They recently hired an "executive fashion consultant" to style the cast.

by Anonymousreply 239December 25, 2020 4:20 PM

I’ve actually noticed Liam dressing more fashionably lately. Kind of in a “catalogue” J.Crew-ish way.

by Anonymousreply 240December 25, 2020 4:43 PM

They should address the real problems on this show - the repetitive storytelling and mannequins instead of how they dress. They are not addressing the real problems with the show.

by Anonymousreply 241December 25, 2020 4:55 PM

Finn wears some very fashion forward sweaters.

by Anonymousreply 242December 25, 2020 10:36 PM

I don’t understand the fascination with Liam or SC

by Anonymousreply 243December 25, 2020 11:46 PM

SC has the fat round moon face. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 244December 26, 2020 6:43 AM

The actor who plays Finn is terrible, but he looks familiar.

by Anonymousreply 245December 26, 2020 9:59 AM

Finn is from the Ronn Moss school of acting. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 246December 26, 2020 12:04 PM

R245 He’s in the Liberty Mutual commercial that plays a million times a day. He’s the bad actor that says “Liberty Biberty.”

by Anonymousreply 247December 26, 2020 1:15 PM

I feel bad for that actor, because that show is never going to end that triangle and the show used him as a stunt cast. That triangle gets the show ratings no matter how much fans complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 248December 26, 2020 3:30 PM

With Moss and Flannery leaving the show, Bell wanted to focus more on the younger generation. Actually it was even before they left. I think this was a sticking point with Moss, who felt he was already getting less screen time. The problem is Clifton isn’t enough of a compelling actor to pull year after year of this triangle off, not to mention any dramatic material. Moss want Laurence Olivier, but he had Hunter Tylo and Katherine Kelly Lang to balance it out. Plus then you had Flannery, who hated Brooke, and this added another dynamic.

Bell basically handed the show over to Clifton who is just bland and plays the blandest character on the remaining soaps. How this guy has won three Emmys is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 249December 26, 2020 4:22 PM

Moss wasn’t ^

by Anonymousreply 250December 26, 2020 4:23 PM

If they wouldn't have focused on the younger characters, B&B would be in the same sad shape as Y&R, which is anything but young or restless.

by Anonymousreply 251December 26, 2020 5:01 PM

R243 I've never understood Liam's (or Clifton's) appeal either. I will say, though, that I've found several of Clifton's real-life "Theoretical Bullshit" videos pretty funny. He also does those talks and programs where he's an outspoken atheist. You'd think that would dampen his popularity among soap fraus.

by Anonymousreply 252December 26, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote]I've never understood Liam's (or Clifton's) appeal either.

9x7

by Anonymousreply 253December 26, 2020 8:57 PM

He seems more AWG.

by Anonymousreply 254December 26, 2020 9:21 PM

He's cute when he's in shape, but he's one of those one Big Mac from obesity types.

by Anonymousreply 255December 26, 2020 9:24 PM

Overall, Scott Clifton is a better actor than Ronn Moss ever was. He's given some good performances.

But Liam is not an interesting enough character to focus on FIVE days a week.

As soon as the audience started reacting positively to the Liam-Hope-Steffy triangle, he turned the show over to those three, to the exclusion of all other character. I suppose that was much like what happened 20 years earlier when the Ridge-Brooke-Taylor storyline dominated the show.

Ronn Moss had been frontburner since day one and 25 years later didn't like what it meant to be backburnered. So, he quit, hoping Brad Bell would see the error of his ways and bring Ridge back with a big storyline.

Instead, Brad brought Ridge back for a big storyline, but hired a much stronger actor to play him; an overweight actor with an Irish brogue. Brad's giant Fuck You to Ronn.

by Anonymousreply 256December 26, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote] Brad's giant Fuck You to Ronn.

And it need to be a giant one, because it included that dense wife of Ronn's.

by Anonymousreply 257December 26, 2020 11:35 PM

If that’s true, Brad’s FU to Moss is pretty nasty considering the 25 years of success Ronn brought to the show and delivered a King’s riches $$$$$ to the Bell family. Like RM or not, the fraus were on constant lubrication over that character. They tuned in, internationally as well, and made the bell family a fortune.

But it follows daddy’s way of doing business when BB harassed and fired his golden goose, Ms Brendad Ickson.

by Anonymousreply 258December 26, 2020 11:49 PM

That would be Daytime Emmy Winner, Ronn Moss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259December 27, 2020 2:17 AM

What I've found so weird about B&B's popularity is there is ZERO humor. It's not funny at all. Same with Y&R. Why are the Bell soaps so anti-humor? Granted, I realize AMC, DAYS (especially now) and Passions would lead into corny, character or winking humor but people like to laugh sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 260December 27, 2020 1:49 PM

I agree, R260. The episode of DAYS a couple of years ago where everyone got high off of Alice Horton’s doughnuts which were secretly spiked with JJ’s pot butter was hilarious. Even Julie Williams was fucked up!

Something like that would never happen on Y&R, a soap opera where every scene seems to take place in a hotel room with decorating that looks circa 2001.

by Anonymousreply 261December 27, 2020 2:16 PM

B&B has humor. I laugh everytime the Liberty Biberty dude tries to act.

by Anonymousreply 262December 27, 2020 7:55 PM

Actually, Y&R did an episode last year where everyone was high on molly because of spiked punch. It was actually kind of funny. SC and the Nate actor made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 263December 27, 2020 9:02 PM

R263 Oh lord, I remember that, and, yes, those two, especially, were a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 264December 27, 2020 9:43 PM

Back in the late 70s, AMC was the only soap that incorporated humor into its storylines. Characters like Billy Clyde Tuggle and Myrtle Lum could be scary, but they also had a humorous side that Agnes Nixon played frequently.

This was back when all the other shows were pure melodrama. By the early 80s, many other shows began incorporating humor.

by Anonymousreply 265December 27, 2020 10:54 PM

R249, I think Scott is talented, but taking over the mantel of ENDLESS romantic triangles from Moss is a tough act to follow.

Moss ain't Laurence Olivier but I could never tell what Moss' Ridge was thinking. (Whether he COULD emote or not wasn't the issue). I didn't know what Ridge was thinking or who he'd chose -- and that was the point. Tune in tomorrow.

The show is a huge hit internationally. And Moss was THE lead for 25 years. He had to be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 266December 28, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]Moss ain't Laurence Olivier but I could never tell what Moss' Ridge was thinking. (Whether he COULD emote or not wasn't the issue). I didn't know what Ridge was thinking or who he'd chose -- and that was the point. Tune in tomorrow.

How many times are you going to say this? It is not an especially insightful point. Once is more than enough.

by Anonymousreply 267December 28, 2020 3:01 PM

Moss was a waste of space. Thank god he’s long gone.

by Anonymousreply 268December 28, 2020 3:54 PM

I honestly don’t mind Homeless Ridge or whatever his nickname is. He acts disgusted by Liam which is enough for me. He doesn’t have much chemistry with KKL but his acting is good enough to overcome it.

by Anonymousreply 269December 28, 2020 4:50 PM

When Hobo Ridge was cast, Bradley Bell should have retconned the character's backstory as well. And instead of being "Ridge Forrester," our Speedo-clad, Beverly Hills playboy, he would have become "Sludge Forrester," Stephanie's baby who was kidnapped by gypsies and raised in Romania.

by Anonymousreply 270December 28, 2020 8:20 PM

Gay Zende could *not* have looked gayer in the Christmas Eve episode. I'm surprised the Forrester mansion didn't go up in flames.

by Anonymousreply 271December 28, 2020 11:12 PM

R269 He and KKL cannot hide their lack of chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 272December 28, 2020 11:22 PM

Zende needs to put a peen in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 273December 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Okay, I was thinking that was the Liberty guy. HA

That fucking Zoe (I've always hated that name) and her sister are SO fucking annoying. And Hope with those shirts and stupid hats.

by Anonymousreply 274December 29, 2020 1:15 PM

R274 I always fast forward through Zoe and company lol. The only thing that may be watchable is Liams head exploding as Thomas lives in close proximity going forward. The rest is coma inducing.

by Anonymousreply 275December 29, 2020 2:21 PM

Moss is no Olivier...

by Anonymousreply 276January 4, 2021 7:17 AM

R276 True. But according to Bradley, his daddy hired him, because he said Ronn had the 'X-factor.'

by Anonymousreply 277January 4, 2021 7:49 AM

R276, no, I know. I was being facetious.

There's a scene long deleted from YouTube; Stephanie approaches the pool, but tries to leave when she sees only Brooke there; Brooke spies so, to save face, Stephanie continues to the area where Brooke is.

Cat and mouse follows. Stephanie urges Brooke to convince her dad to take Bill Spencer (Sr.)'s out of town job offer.

Brooke: how do you know about that? Steph: "Think about it. I pay his salary."

The two women are in a standoff; Brooke has to help convince her parents to leave town or Stephanie will tell Ridge that Beth and Eric were lovers and Brooke knew all along.

Anywho, and this is my point, Speedo-clad Ridge enters the scene, puzzled, confused. "Mother" in that deep voice. and Steph leaves, knowing she's made her point with Brooke.

Ridge didn't have to do anything but stand there in a speedo. He did it well.

by Anonymousreply 278January 5, 2021 12:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!