Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want to be Underwhelmed, Autumn 2020

I like saying "autumn" more than "fall."

by Anonymousreply 10214 hours ago

I had two slices of leftover pizza for breakfast, pepperoni and mushroom. I heated it in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 110/02/2020

I thought it was Thursday. I don't know if I lost Tuesday or Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 210/02/2020

Trying to decide between the 20 oz. and new 10.5 oz. (formerly 12 oz.) package of Peet's Major Dickason's Blend.

by Anonymousreply 310/02/2020

Most queens like saying autumn

by Anonymousreply 410/02/2020

If I had been OP of this latest thread, I would have called it “Underwhelmed!”

by Anonymousreply 510/02/2020

I’m extremely underwhelmed when people start a part 2 thread and don’t link back to part 1.

by Anonymousreply 610/02/2020

This isn’t part 2. It’s part googol.

by Anonymousreply 710/02/2020

Link to part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 810/02/2020

[quote]I had two slices of leftover pizza for breakfast, pepperoni and mushroom. I heated it in the oven.

I wish that had been my breakfast. I'm really quite envious.

by Anonymousreply 910/02/2020

R8 the person who started that thread also failed to link to the previous part. Apparently you people want me to be really really fuckin underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 1010/02/2020

I wish I hadn't started this thread, as I am currently feeling overwhelmed by the cuntescence of r10 and r6. And this isn't a part 2 thread, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1110/02/2020

I think I might have a bout of diverticulitis coming on. Hope not. But I have flagyl and cipro if I do.

by Anonymousreply 1210/02/2020

R11, don’t sweat it. I guess I have them blocked for some other unpleasantness. I don’t see their replies.

by Anonymousreply 1310/02/2020

I am the 2020 Presidential Debate.

by Anonymousreply 1410/02/2020

It took me 15 hours to find this new Underwhelmed thread. That's the power of Zen for ya.

by Anonymousreply 1510/02/2020

In a stroke of luck yesterday I was in the cleaning supply aisle just as they were re-stocking the store brand clorox disinfecting wipes.

I took two cannisters. The stock guy said "Limit one per customer." I nodded and kept moving.

I went through self check out and no alarms or bells went off when I scanned my two cannisters of wipes.

I just strolled out of the store without incident.

Whew!

by Anonymousreply 1610/02/2020

r16 Did "Shopping is like hell (volume 54)" reach its 600th post?

by Anonymousreply 1710/02/2020

I watched a lol documentary on hulu called A Complete History of My Sexual Failures. It's hetero, but the guy is attractive in a weird way. I was pleasantly underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 1810/03/2020

My hands smelled like bleach after cleaning the bathroom. I rubbed half a lemon over my hands and the smell went away.

by Anonymousreply 1910/03/2020

Just feeling whelmed

by Anonymousreply 2010/03/2020

Escape the Trump lies with underwhelm.

I may make some toast. With butter.

by Anonymousreply 2110/04/2020

No one cares what Bump Bitches want, Bump Bitch r6 r10. Especially Bump Bitches who won't tell us why they Bump Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2210/04/2020

Jeez, calm down, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2310/04/2020

Haven’t left the house since Thursday, haven’t showered since Friday. It’s clean sheet night so I will take a long soapy shower before bed.

by Anonymousreply 2410/04/2020

It's my birthday.

I had big slice of white cake with about a foot and 1/2 of white buttercream frosting on it.

by Anonymousreply 2510/04/2020

My ears have been blocked pretty badly for a fortnight. I’m just about to try putting some heated olive oil in them. I’m slightly concerned I may cook my eardrums.

by Anonymousreply 2610/04/2020

You seem illegitimately whelmed r23.

by Anonymousreply 2710/04/2020

Happy birthday, R25. I hope that whatever age you hit today wasn't too whelming.

by Anonymousreply 2810/04/2020

Thank You, r28.

by Anonymousreply 2910/04/2020

Oh, so you can look forward to being whelmed a year from now.

Turning 60 wasn't so bad, really. The problem with it is that it's not as though you turn 60 and then stop. Those birthdays just keep on coming, at increasing speed, and suddenly you can see 70 on the horizon. It's very whelming.

by Anonymousreply 3010/04/2020

I received the following sentence in a group text: “The irony will be when they use that to justify their floccinaucinihilipilification of the pandemic.”

I just want you to know what kind of classy people I talk to when I’m not talking to you lot.

by Anonymousreply 3110/04/2020

The rising moon was red last night, due to smoke. Tonight it was orange. Looks just like Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 3210/04/2020

It's not birthday. My birthday is in March. Doesn't matter. I'm only slightly underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 3310/04/2020

r16 you badass.

by Anonymousreply 3410/05/2020

I just came from my AA Zoom meeting. We were not a glum lot.

by Anonymousreply 3510/05/2020

Have you all been whelmed?

by Anonymousreply 3610/08/2020

This morning I washed my vacuum cleaner filters by hand in the kitchen sink.

They’ll be dry tomorrow morning when I vacuum the house.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2020

My Italian homework is to talk to each of my four classmates in Italian over the phone, asking each other what we did today.

by Anonymousreply 3810/08/2020

i have three carrots and a cucumber in my ass rn

by Anonymousreply 3910/08/2020

I hope that cornucopia does not become whelming, r39.

by Anonymousreply 4010/08/2020

What type of apples do you use in your Waldorf Salad?

by Anonymousreply 4110/08/2020

I use Granny Smiths r41 if I am making it ahead because they don’t turn brown when cut.

I wish I had a Waldorf salad.

by Anonymousreply 4210/08/2020

r42 do you coat it in mayo or Miracle Whip?

by Anonymousreply 4310/09/2020

I made applesauce today. It seemed a fall-ish thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 4410/09/2020

I bought some apples this week.

by Anonymousreply 4510/10/2020

I’m lying in bed, telling myself it’s time to get up. I don’t believe me.

Also, is it ok to have leftover spaghetti bolognese for breakfast?

by Anonymousreply 4610/10/2020

It is, R46. Please yourself.

by Anonymousreply 4710/10/2020

Tagliatelle alla bolognese is better, r46, or pappardelle, but if it's already left over, the spaghetti version is fine.

The Bolognese, however, take a hard line, contending that there is no such thing as spaghetti bolognese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4810/10/2020

I appreciate the information r48, but you include far too many options and too much information in your post. I am now teetering on the edge of whelmed. But I do appreciate the answer.

by Anonymousreply 4910/10/2020

Eat your spaghetti, r49.

by Anonymousreply 5010/10/2020

I opted for the larger Major Dickason's Blend (now 18 oz., btw). It was on sale for a dollar more than the 10.5 oz. size, so I bought two bags. I'm much happier now that I don't grind the beans. Much less mess. Tastes the same IMO.

posted by R3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5110/10/2020

I had a gout flare up. It lasted for 2 days. I’m better now.

by Anonymousreply 5210/10/2020

My power is out — Hurricane Delta. No advisory of restoration.

by Anonymousreply 5310/10/2020

Whelming, r52 and r53. Hope you're both in better shape ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 5410/10/2020

Power came back after one hour and three minutes. Yay. Winds are still very brisk though.

by Anonymousreply 5510/10/2020

My mother has arranged a photoshoot for her best friend as a birthday present for her 60th anniversary. The affair is taking place two apartments away from mine. I am whelmed. They're both massive cunts and I suspect that eventually they're going to intrude on me, demanding that I have my portrait taken too while the photographer is still there. Probably with a cat in my arms. I do not want this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 5610/10/2020

Lol, R6. & R8! These Underwhelmed threads have been going on for years.

by Anonymousreply 5710/10/2020

Thank you r54

by Anonymousreply 5810/10/2020

[quote]I had a gout flare up. It lasted for 2 days. I’m better now.

When I was a child, I read the Maggie and Jiggs comic strip ("Bringing Up Father") in our local paper. Jiggs was periodically afflicted with gout, which was depicted by showing his elevated foot wrapped in a big bandage. It would be many years before I knew what gout actually was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5910/10/2020

When I had my first gout attack, I did not know what it was. I thought I had been bitten by a spider in my sleep. it was not in my big toe it was in my ankle. It was beet red.

by Anonymousreply 6010/10/2020

I have to come up with 2 references for a job I want, but I also have a habit of burning bridges. I need to figure out how the hell I am going to pull this off.

by Anonymousreply 6110/10/2020

Refer them here, r61. We’ll vouch for you.

by Anonymousreply 6210/10/2020

[quote]but I also have a habit of burning bridges.

Did no one ever tell you that's never a good idea? I've even seen warnings against it in Chinese fortune cookies.

by Anonymousreply 6310/10/2020

Yes, R63! Have you ever gone through a period where you just hated everyone and let them know it in your younger years? Well I went through a rough time. I feel a lot better and have learned from my mistakes, but it's going to be a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 6410/10/2020

I burned a bridge or two in my younger days, too, R64. Good luck and stay positive.

by Anonymousreply 6510/10/2020

Time is flying by - too fast. We are heading into 2021. Fuck

by Anonymousreply 6610/10/2020

So far, the highlight of my day was when I looked out the window and saw a leaf gently fall to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 6710/10/2020

[quote]Time is flying by - too fast. We are heading into 2021.

So true. One might think the fact that this has been such a terrible year would have made it seem to drag out, but that wasn't the case. Not for me, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6810/10/2020

I took down the summer window valances.

by Anonymousreply 6910/10/2020

I forgot my brother’s birthday. I mean, remembered, twice, but couldn’t text him either time and then I forgot before I went to bed last night.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 4:59 AM

I just had a wank.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 5:02 AM

I’m eating chilli with spaghetti for lunch, while working, replying to a text and posting on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 5:25 AM

London.

Drove out to a suburban supermarket in the driving rain late last night to buy inks for my printer, they didn't have any so I bought a new one. Spent most the morning setting it up....connecting, registering...on and on it went. Not sure on the scanner. The colouring (I tried a few old photos) turns out very gray - which makes sense for this era. Everyone loves gray these days.

Bagel w smoked salmon for lunch. The salmon although expensive wasn't very good. I'm giving up on buying smoked salmon. It's always shite these days.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 6:35 AM

I’ve got one of those 12-5 appointments for the water company to change my meter to one they can read remotely. [sigh]

by Anonymousreply 74Last Thursday at 9:59 AM

He’s here!

by Anonymousreply 75Last Thursday at 10:35 AM

Not only did my Amazon Prime Day order arrive four days early, the Amazon driver brought the package right to my apartment door instead of dropping it in the lobby, the way they usually do. I just got some groceries from Prime Pantry (tea, kidney beans, and Triscuits).

by Anonymousreply 76Last Thursday at 10:48 AM

Not only did my Amazon Prime Day order arrive four days early, the Amazon driver brought the package right to my apartment door instead of dropping it in the lobby, the way they usually do. I just got some groceries from Prime Pantry (tea, kidney beans, and Triscuits).

by Anonymousreply 77Last Thursday at 10:48 AM

R76, R77 you wanted us to be so underwhelmed you posted twice.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Thursday at 12:46 PM

That was it, r78.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Thursday at 12:50 PM

Rr78, I just figured they arrived early two times in a row...with the same order.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Thursday at 12:52 PM

I have fruit flies. I am making a trap with apple cider vinegar.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Thursday at 2:57 PM

Does it work, R81? Can you describe the trap?

by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 3:02 PM

There was a surprisingly long line at the ballot drop box today, both drive-ups and people arriving on foot.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 3:04 PM

I called the gutter guy to come clean my gutters this weekend and change the elbow pieces on the down spouts.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 4:14 PM

I hung some pictures. I've been lazy about buying a dining room table.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Thursday at 4:14 PM

I had intended to do some errands today, but it is raining and cold and dark.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Friday at 11:03 AM

How many times a day can you jerk off and not be a sex addict?

by Anonymousreply 87Last Friday at 11:04 AM

[quote]I had intended to do some errands today, but it is raining and cold and dark.

Same here. Cold and damp. Errands can wait. It's ideal weather for frequent lie-downs.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Friday at 11:19 AM

Still horny...

by Anonymousreply 89Last Friday at 2:20 PM

My deceased mother sewed. I'm thinking of going through her sewing stuff and discarding it at the dump. I can hear her telling me, "Oh, just do it and put it out of its misery."

by Anonymousreply 90Last Saturday at 6:10 AM

Why don't you donate it if it's reusable, R90?

by Anonymousreply 91Last Saturday at 6:20 AM

Good idea, r91.

I have my issues with the "Goodwill" store that excepts donations but I'll go through it and see if they're accepting good re-usable sewing implements. Should the old thread be thrown out though? I have no idea what to do with the old buttons and needles, too.

Actually as I was typing those words , I'm wavering. Maybe I should hang on to it.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Saturday at 6:25 AM

Vintage buttons ate ALL the rage. If the threads and needles are in good condition, then they're good to go and find a new mistress. Or you could learn a new skill in this COVID era :)

by Anonymousreply 93Last Saturday at 7:05 AM

I have one piece of bread, chicken salad, deli turkey and sliced cheddar cheese. I am thinking of making an open faced sandwich with the cheddar melted on top. Can’t decide on chicken salad or turkey. I suppose I could cut the piece of bread in two and have half of each. It’s a pretty small slice of bread though.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Saturday at 7:12 AM

The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine tells me I should be drinking 15.5 cups of fluid per day.

And Taylor Phillips says it's one reason for his good skin and good modelling career.

But I have trouble forcing that much liquid down my throat every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9518 hours ago

London.

I needed to transfer some money. Tried to do it on the phone but ended up going to the bloody bank. They now play POP MUSIC - IN-THE-BANK! Bad tacky pop music.

She said I HAD TO register for online banking as they won't be doing small transactions in the bank soon. So we took ages doing that.

by Anonymousreply 9617 hours ago

I'm thinking of removing my autumn bedding in favor of the down blanket.

by Anonymousreply 9717 hours ago

Please let us know what you decide, R97.

by Anonymousreply 9817 hours ago

[quote]The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine tells me I should be drinking 15.5 cups of fluid per day. And Taylor Phillips says it's one reason for his good skin and good modelling career.

That's basically a gallon of fluid per day. I would find that very whelming. And I suspect that even if I forced myself to do it, I would end up looking nothing like Taylor Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 9917 hours ago

We had Chipotle for dinner and they forgot to give us the side of queso we ordered. We ate the chips plain.

by Anonymousreply 10016 hours ago

I’m am so sorry r100. I hate when that happens & it’s inconvenient to rectify the situation. It’s like....why now, why today?

by Anonymousreply 10114 hours ago

I hope you didn't let it ruin your evening, R100.

by Anonymousreply 10214 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!