Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 24

It's finally here!

The end of the road for Supernatural starts next week Thursday, October 8.

And it will kick off the CW's Fall 2020 Season, back in its original time slot where it belongs.

After 15 years, fifteen seasons, and a long-ass delay due to the pandemic, the "Road so far..." will become the "End of the Road."

Enjoy the final seven episodes, SPN fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10411 hours ago

"Inside ‘Supernatural’s’ Evolution From Monster-of-the-Week to Psychological Horror"

A little boy sits alone on the floor of his bedroom. Backlit by a window, he leans over pages of construction paper on which he is obsessively drawing. A platoon of little green Army men guards the pages, and ultimately the boy. As the camera pans around him, he does not speak — in fact he has not spoken at all since his father drowned in a local lake the year before.

This is not the first time the audience, or even the main characters of “Supernatural” are introduced to this boy, as the moment comes a little less than half-way through the third episode of the series. But through the scene setup and shot style, it is the first time the audience gets a glimpse of the boy’s psyche, which will prove to be indispensable as the Winchester brothers work to solve the case of the mysterious lake deaths. It is also a turning point for a first-season show that would eventually run for 15 years.

“I watched Kim [Manners, director] set up this one shot and I thought, ‘That’s the way the show should be shot. This is the look we should be going for,'” executive producer Bob Singer tells Variety.

Creator Eric Kripke originally pitched “Supernatural” to studio Warner Bros. and eventually then-network the WB as a monster-movie-of-the-week drama about two brothers (Dean and Sam Winchester) who travel the backroads of America hunting the things the audience would remember from urban legends. But his main goal in his original pitch document was that “the weekly stories have to be SCARY AS S—.” (And yes, the all-caps was his emphasis.)

While he wanted to make “this series as scary as I can,” he wrote at the time, not all fear comes from an external source. Soon enough, it was the characters’ own trauma and internal struggles that were driving story and adding rich complications to an already well-known genre.

“We set out to make a horror show, and those were the initial stories we wrote. But you learn and adjust as you start watching the film, and a few things conspired to tell us, ‘We have to focus a lot more on the characters than we’re currently doing,’ which is we realized the actors we had,” Kripke tells Variety now. “We saw that they were just both wildly charismatic and emotional and were knocking everything we gave them out of the park. So we were like, ‘We should start giving them harder things to do because they can handle it.'”

The pilot introduced Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam’s (Jared Padalecki) trauma briefly, first by revealing that their mother died under mysterious circumstances in a house fire, resulting in their father devoting his life to hunting what killed her — even when it meant dragging his school-aged kids on the road and leaving them alone for days on end in rundown motels. When Sam’s girlfriend dies in a similar way in the present-day portion of the episode, a deeper, psychologically-scarring mythology is hinted at — but the focus of the first few episodes of the series is really more on the “task at hand” of taking out whatever creature is right in front of them — from a Woman in White in the pilot, to a wendigo in the second episode and a ghost in the third.

“When you get hired as staff on a first season show, you get handed the documents they used to sell the show, and that included some of the family secrets and what was going on with Sam. But it’s more like it was a headline that these children had been through a lot because of, we’ll call it, their unconventional life — and the details come when you start to have more space to tell the story,” says Sera Gamble, who penned “Dead in the Water,” the pivotal third episode of the first season with Raelle Tucker, and later went on to run the show in the sixth and seventh seasons.

by Anonymousreply 110/01/2020

When breaking the story for “Dead in the Water,” Gamble recalls a conversation with Kripke about how “most young children, especially who have been through something, [are] not just going to open up and give you all of the procedural information you need as an [exposition] dump in the scene.” In discussing how it needed to be harder to draw information out of that child, Gamble says she was inspired to “dig deeper into the psychology of the characters in that script,” which became a baseline for episodes going forward.

“Now I can’t imagine approaching anything with a fantasy element without starting from that place,” she says. “These stories were scary to us because they feel like they tap into something true. Your road as a writer to something that’s going to terrify the audience is through human psychology.”

What each audience member finds scary can vary — and often comes from factors outside a show’s control, from the person’s own upbringing and experiences to the kinds of other stories they consume. In order to to make sure to deliver unique horror elements in each episode, Singer says that from the beginning, “one thing we always said was that the shooting style should be commensurate with what the monster was or what the tone was, so we didn’t feel like we were doing a cookie-cutter horror [show].”

The characters within each of those episodes also had to be unique, even if the type of creature the Winchesters were fighting was something they’d encountered before. “Halfway through Season 1, the first run of the scripts, we realized we were going to run out of monsters in a hurry,” if we didn’t, Singer says. “So if we did a vampire story, each version would not be what you’ve seen before — each version had their own story.”

Often these characters had traumatic backstories of their own, such as Gordon (Sterling K. Brown), a hunter who was on a one-track mission to eradicate the supernatural from Earth after his sister was taken by a vampire when he was just a teenager. (In the most heart-wrenching twist, he later was turned into the thing he hated the most.) Sometimes they even brought out complicated issues for the main characters, such as when Sam fell for Madison (Emmanuelle Vaugier), a werewolf who he was going to have to kill, reigniting the fears he had about losing the women he loved.

And as time went on, those issues and fears began to pile up and often go unresolved. Dean never truly mourned his mother and Sam didn’t fully get to grieve his college girlfriend Jess (Adrianne Palicki) and both had complex feelings about their father and the way they were raised. But then Dean traded his life to save Sam’s, sending the older Winchester to Hell (literally), while the younger one had to carry on alone. Being the true vessels for Michael and Lucifer could have pitted the brothers against each other but ultimately this time it was Sam who went into the pit to Hell, leaving Dean to move on. Sam also lost his soul, got addicted to demon blood and never quite could shake his PTSD from his time with Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino); Dean ended up with PTSD after getting back from war-like Purgatory. Both brothers struggled with wanting to believe in Team Free Will, even when learning they are literally God’s (Rob Benedict) favorite television show and their lives have been manipulated for it. And of course along the way they’ve lost countless other friends and loved ones, from surrogate uncle Bobby (Jim Beaver) to Charlie (Felicia Day) and even their mother (Samantha Smith) again after she was brought back from the dead, only to eventually be killed by Lucifer’s son Jack (Alex Calvert).

“Sam and Dean both went through a ton of trauma. Sam probably had more reminders of his trauma because, obviously Pellegrino remained as Lucifer for many, many years, and Sam had to be facing his No. 1 offender in causing his PTSD,” says Padalecki. “The writers, obviously, always were aware that Sam had been through what he’d been through with Lucifer so they peppered that in [but they] allowed me to take it further if I needed to.”

by Anonymousreply 210/01/2020

While Kripke acknowledges that the broadcast format — especially back in 2005 — lent itself well to a slow burn on mythology in the beginning, he also believes characters are more interesting if you “peel back those layers one at a time” as the show goes on. But there is also a more pragmatic reason behind easing the audience into the more psychological horror of “Supernatural” according to Dr. Lynn S. Zubernis, a licensed clinical psychologist, professor and author of several “Supernatural” books, including this year’s “There’ll Be Peace When You Are Done: Actors and Fans Celebrate the Legacy of Supernatural.”

She explains: “One of the reasons that we as humans have so much trouble processing trauma is that we literally store those trauma memories in a different way to store our regular memories and then we can’t get to them and they just end up split off and unprocessed and we don’t want to go there. So we have a lot of defenses against looking at our own trauma. That’s why projecting onto fictional characters is such a great way to do it. But if it came at us all at once, our brains would be like, ‘No, no, no no; we’re not going there.’ You have to go slow in the beginning and then be hooked in and trust the storytelling, in a way, before it goes that deep.”

The same was true for the actors. “Early on, we maybe had to use some techniques or some tricks of the trade to get to a certain point emotionally, but as time went on and the seasons went on, we didn’t have to use those tricks,” says Ackles. “Living with this story — not just living with the characters but living with this story — when things happen, we’re able to really feel it from a character’s perspective because we have lived with it so long and we understand their hurt and their pain and their laughter and their joy.”

Adds Padalecki: “We lost so many characters, I feel like we had a lot of chances to deal with what Sam and Dean would go through with the loss of a character or friend, and so, after the 30th time, it was like, ‘OK I remember what Sam goes through; I remember how he feels; I remember how to be and where I want to be in the storyline as a whole.’ If God forbid there came a situation where they were like, ‘Hey we need to shoot this scene tonight, it’s two pages, it’s you and Dean and Lucifer, then I could have done it — and Mark and Jensen could have done it as well.'”

As the show evolved, the type of horror it delivered week after week would consist different ratios of a combination of jump scares and more of a “disturbing fear that doesn’t leave you — the kind of fear that gives me chills, instead of making me want to scream,” as Zubernis puts it.

“I remember getting a note from Eric that changed the way I wrote the show and kind of cracked the show open for me,” Gamble says. “It was [for] an episode where a demon in the body of a woman has, I want to say, Bobby tied up and they are snarky back and forth but he is her prisoner. And what Eric said was, ‘You’re writing these lines where the demon is very witty and funny and smart, but the thing that is so terrifying about a demon, even as you are entertained by it is that they can see straight into your soul.’ So this thing that they will say to you will be the thing that hurts the most. And so, that was the guiding principle for writing the bad guys: They had to be incredibly insightful to find these guys’ Achilles heels.

“It was also the guiding principle in writing Dean, who was very much going to say the funniest lines in episodes, but he’s never trying to crack you up — he’s actually speaking from a deep well of pain and his way of processing that is to say something hilarious like he’s tough and it doesn’t matter,” Gamble continues.

by Anonymousreply 310/01/2020

“We knew the guys had deep trauma and deep pain and were frequently struggling quietly with something, and we always held the monster peril or the danger to a high standard of, ‘We’re not going to make this a joke. This is going to really be life or death.’ So if you have those pieces of the puzzle where the life or death stakes are there, the emotional truth is there, and then you have characters who crack a joke in the face of death, then you can go a lot of places tonally.”

This included expanding the world out to get inside the heads of other core characters — from Castiel’s (Misha Collins) own struggle with how he allowed power to corrupt him, to Jack’s guilt over killing Mary, to diving into memories of Bobby losing his wife and Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) losing her own family. In some cases, it meant quite literally spending the majority of episodes inside characters’ heads, as well — from Season 2’s “What Is and What Should Never Be,” in which Dean’s psyche is in an “apple pie” alternate reality while he is losing his life to a djnn, to Season 4’s “The Rapture” when Sam is detoxing from demon blood, to Season 7’s “Death’s Door,” which sees a dying Bobby trying to outrun his reaper.

In the latter episode, Gamble reminds, the show was “exploring his core wounds by seeing the memories that are the most important to him.”

“We observed from just watching so many shows in this genre that the Big Bad gets bigger and bigger every season and the war gets more massive and pretty soon you’re a tiny little Lego guy and you’re literally facing God,” she explains. “So part of our job from very early on was to slow down or to avoid running into plot that was so massive that you’re just little specs in a giant galaxy. The way to approach that is always to come from what is personal inside of the story to the boys.”

After all, at the core of the show was always the Winchesters — whether the danger they were in was because of a literal demon in front of them or an internal demon they had yet to conquer.

“If you put them in real jeopardy — believable jeopardy for our world — then the scares will take care of themselves,” Singer says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410/01/2020

I can't recall even one episode of Supernatural that was "scary."

The show has been pretty campy from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 510/03/2020

Variety also had a countdown of the 15 most scary episodes.

Bloody Mary was fucking terrifying. But it’s down on the list.

Didn’t agree with the list at all.

by Anonymousreply 610/03/2020

Looks amazing!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 710/03/2020

Not this shitshow again.

by Anonymousreply 810/03/2020

Yay!

Starts again this Thursday.

Sam is responsible for everything that's gone wrong in the SPN universe. EVERYTHING!

He should at least sacrifice himself at the end if anyone's gonna die.

Dean will then no longer need to continually fix up his mess.

He and Castiel can finally settle down and live happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 910/04/2020

Shut the fuck up, R9.

You. Are. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2020

I just found out that J2 were on the CBS show "The Talk" today (10/07). I missed it but found clips are on the CBS website. I'm going to be completely shady and say that Jared's hair looks... enhanced on the picture they're using of him on the thumbnail. The new hairstyle is flattering but it looks like a lace front or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2020

I have it recorded and will watch later.

I had forgotten that I saw a picture of him getting his hair cut!

It looks great!

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2020

USA Today interview with Jared and Jensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2020

It's on tonight, bitches!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2020

"Supernatural" has enjoyed 15 years of masked and made-up characters roaming the set, but in the final weeks of production, a different type of mask was on the minds of cast and crew.

"It was weird not seeing the faces that you've been looking at for 15 years, because they're covered with a mask," says Jensen Ackles, who plays Dean Winchester — a nomadic hunter of demons and other supernatural beings — on the show.

"It was unique, but I feel like 'Supernatural' has been through a lot. Writers' strikes and network changes and characters dying and characters coming back and families and births and deaths," says Jared Padalecki, who plays Dean's younger brother and fellow hunter, Sam. "'Supernatural' is used to change, so let's embrace it."

One last change looms: "Supernatural's" final seven-episode run begins Thursday on the CW. When the show began, the CW was still the WB Network, and after the series airs its finale the completed 327 episodes will make "Supernatural" the longest-running sci-fi/genre show in the history of American prime-time broadcast television. (There's still a certain doctor to contend with in the U.K.)

How are you both doing during the pandemic?

Padalecki: It was a pretty big change. Going from the show where you're around a hundred-something people every day and you're seeing thousands of people on the weekends with conventions and things — I'd just done a marathon — and then it's like, "Hey. It's you and your wife and your kids and you're at your house. And you can't leave. And you're not filming. And you're not waking up and getting your hair cut and stuff like that."

Ackles: It was weird, the fact that the show got put on pause. I came home. Spent the most time I'd ever spent uninterrupted with my wife and kids. And then they call us back to work and I immediately have to go quarantine for two weeks and then have to go film for four weeks — so six weeks go by, which is the longest time I've ever spent away from them. Living our quarantine Zoom life.

What were your emotions going into filming this last season, given the times we're in?

Padalecki: A lot of the unknown. I felt like, we have been going in to shoot a TV show for 15 years in "normal times," and now it's like "Hey, we have some regulations." There are lanyards that have different colors and only certain people can be around certain people so we can contact trace if, God forbid, somebody contracts COVID[-19]. There's a taped-off entrance and a taped-off exit so we can keep it one-way. All of the food is individually wrapped and there's no browsing at craft services.

Between action and cut, it was business as usual. You're with your director and your cameramen and women and your cinematographer and with your fellow actors and actresses. And you're like "Got it. This is comfortable. This is like a warm blanket."

Ackles: The good news for our industry is that you're capable to be still working and utilizing these protocols to stay inside and stay healthy. I know that Jared and I, we take our cues from the reactions that we get from our crew members, which is essentially our audience. Our audience is the two-dozen people that are onstage with us. The guy holding the mike, the guy behind the camera, the one pulling the focus. We know that if we can make them laugh or make them cry or get some kind of emotion out of them, we're doing something. And that got taken away. So that was interesting. We just have to rely on our instincts and on each other to tell each other, "You hit it, you nailed it, you got it."

I miss shaking hands. I know that sounds weird. I just miss giving someone a bro hug. I know that sounds trivial, but that contact is an important part of what we do on a daily basis in terms of the tone that we set on our set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2020

The show's research on mythologies is impressive. Was there anything you learned over the years that you'll take with you?

Padalecki: Cold spots, flickering light bulbs, and if that happens, salt circles. I think Jensen and I are like, if a spirit or unwanted visitor decides to come visit, we can just wake up and go, "Bitch, I'm Sam Winchester."

Ackles: You picked the wrong house!

Padalecki: It's like breaking into a Navy SEAL's house or something. We're the Navy SEALs of ghost hunting.

Ackles: I would hate to see what would happen if he and I had worked on a medical procedural. We'd be like, "You got a heart problem? Don't worry. Lay down. I got this!"

Was either of you particularly religious going into the show, and how has that been affected by the show?

Padalecki: I was not a religious person as far as organized religion goes. I'm a very spiritual person. I believe a lot of what religion teaches — you know, be kind to others, honor your elders, work hard, be grateful, sacrifice, remain disciplined and dedicated. I tell this story. I remember meeting an actor one time who was giving me lessons when I was in high school. He said, "Hey, if you're eating an apple in a scene, you're not saying Jared loves apples. You're telling this person's story." On "Supernatural," even though we're one of the only shows in history to have God and Lucifer and angels and demons as a regular part of the show, it never really seemed like a religious show. We weren't trying to proselytize and say "Hey, go to church" or "Hey, don't go to church." It was just, here's a fictional story about these two guys trying to make the world a better place.

Ackles: My grandmother, who's not with us anymore, she was the religious head of our family for the longest time and thought she had a white courtesy phone next to her that went straight up to the man upstairs. When she would watch the show, she would call me and give me her take on it and I often had to remind her that this was a fictional story. We're not trying to tell the story from the Good Book, we're telling a story that is loosely based on a variety of items. Loosely based in witchcraft and loosely based in folklore and loosely based on the Bible. Let's take it all and put it in a big stew pot.

Why do Sam and Dean keep so many secrets from each other? Have you learned any standout secrets about each other as people over the years?

Padalecki: In general, I think when people keep secrets, they think they're doing the other person a favor. I think it's almost altruistic to keep secrets here and there. I think Sam and Dean, for the most part, kept secrets to protect each other, not to hurt each other.

Ackles: If Dean is struggling with something, he doesn't want to tell Sam because he doesn't want Sam to have to struggle with it either. He'd rather struggle with it by himself and not burden his brother with whatever it is he's burdened with, and I think there was a lot of that that played throughout the show. I believe this plays out in society as well. I mean, I don't want to burden other people with my s—. As far as things he and I personally know about each other: There's a ton I know about him that people don't know. But there's a reason why we're good friends and it's because I'm able to keep those secrets.

Padalecki: It's altruism. I don't need to tell people that Jensen cried at "Finding Nemo." I just don't need to tell them that.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2020

Was there a show that you liked growing up that informed what you do now, or that you went back to during "Supernatural's" run for inspiration?

Padalecki: My dad and I liked "Twilight Zone." And the original "Star Trek." William Shatner [as] Captain Kirk, Leonard Nimoy [as] Spock. And I watched a lot of animated shows growing up like "The Simpsons" and they were kids' shows because they were animated but they also had a lot of adult humor. Like "Animaniacs." I think "Twilight Zone" and "Star Trek" are the main ones that have informed what I've been doing for the last 15 ½ years in terms of treating the fantastical as reality, which is what both those shows did.

Ackles: I didn't watch a whole lot of TV growing up. I would say that a lot of what you've seen me do on "Supernatural" was more inspired from film characters that I've watched, like Indiana Jones. In my opinion, as long as you keep Dean Dean, you can put him in any world you want. I can stay true to this character no matter what canvas you paint him on. I love characters like that. You can see Dean sitting at the end of the bar with Norm in "Cheers." But you can also see Dean in "Star Trek."

You guys beat out Harry Potter as the top fandom in pop culture back in 2016. How has your understanding of fandom changed by being on a show as popular as "Supernatural?"

Padalecki: No way! I had absolutely no idea. To be mentioned in the same sentence is really a testament to just how talented our writers and crew are, and just how wonderfully and passionately supportive our fandom is. Behind the scenes, we refer to “our fandom” as “The #SPNFamily,” as they have become a family of their own. They’ve spent countless hours spreading the word about the show and showering us with the love and support that we certainly needed and felt during rough times. Being on the opposite side of that, I’ve realized just how much good people can accomplish together. A lot of them have made best friends, visited various cities, and raised an incredible amount of money and goodwill for assorted charities. It’s been an honor to be a part of it.

Ackles: We beat out Harry Potter? That's crazy! I think that the Harry Potter fans were probably just looking for a more mature show and that was us. I will say that the fandom that this show found, or that found this show, really have become an integral part of the success of this show. They are part of the fabric of what has kept this show alive and running as hard and as fast for 15 years that it has. They are also well-connected, which is really rare for a show that started 15 years ago. It's probably more customary now for fans to get online and have chat rooms. "Supernatural" started before the iPhone was around. We were still shooting on 35mm film.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2020

It seemed that, during many previous seasons, the show could've ended. Now that it has, was your walk into the sunset what you imagined?

Padalecki: Let's just say, our last scene — we don't know if they're alive or dead, but the last scene that I filmed as Sam Winchester, both as Sam and as Jared, I could not be more happy.

For the first several seasons, and that's the nature of TV, it's written to where it could end or it could stay around because you don't really know for a couple of months whether you're going back to work or not. I would say that probably when Mark Pedowitz came into the network and said he believed in the show, that's when I was like, "OK. Let's make the show that we only can do with the support of the head of our network."

Ackles: I feel like this was the version that needed to happen — that needed to exist. There could've been other ways of maybe getting to there, but I think the finality of this is right. I also think that this could've been done a long time ago. To be fair, Eric Kripke, who started the show and created the world, said he had five years and he stuck to it. That could've very easily been the whole run of the show. The fact that he left that door open and we were able to go through it and find another 10 years of story was just a testament to what a great world he built and what great characters he created.

What kept you around for 15 years?

Ackles: There's an old adage in Hollywood, 'You want to see an actor complain, give him a job.' Well, that wasn't going to happen with me. The last thing I wanted to do was sabotage a good gig just to go back and find another one. I was super stoked right off of the bat with the story and this character. It's the kind of character I always loved seeing in movies. The character was modeled after Han Solo and another one of Harrison's [Ford] characters, Indiana Jones. He had some of that flavor in there. Kind of a John McClane. ...

When it comes down to it, why did I stick around all these years? Because I truly loved it.

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2020

How in the hell did no one on these threads ever mention that Meg (Rachel Miner) was married to Macaulay Culkin?

I had no idea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2020

R19 for about 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2020

Are they still?

The actress was diagnosed with MS some time ago.

She was in an episode this year but she was sitting down. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2020

R21 lol no they're not. Macaulay went on to date Mila Kunis for a time. And i have no idea who Rachel ended up with. But i remember the fans being absolute assholes about how puffy her face was.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2020

Such a cute episode.

I love Mrs. Butters!

First episode that I've liked in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2020

R21, the actress, Rachel Miner, has MS now, IIRC, and she’s in a wheelchair. She was on the show for a while after she became ill, her face was very round from the steroids and it was very noticeable. At that time she could still stand at least some of the time, although there was a scene where she was found sitting on the bathroom floor and I think she was sitting on the floor the whole time. So maybe she wasn’t doing well by then.

My guess is they were trying to use her because her medical bills must have been horrible, and you have to work so many days a year to get SAG health insurance. She’s a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2020

‘Supernatural’ Star Jensen Ackles Signs Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV

Warner Bros. TV Group has signed “Supernatural” star Jensen Ackles to a multi-year overall deal and his newly-launched production company, Chaos Machine.

Ackles, along with his wife and actress Danneel, will develop original TV content for streaming, cable and broadcast platforms. The two have hired former DC creative executive Renee Reiff to serve as head of development.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Warner Bros. is the studio behind “Supernatural.”

News of the deal comes ahead of “Supernatural’s” return to The CW Thursday night, where it will kick off its seven-episode farewell. The series’ close was delayed due to production shutdowns caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Ackles has starred on the series for its entire lengthy run, while Danneel has had a recurring role the last three seasons. She is better known for her main role on “One Tree Hill.”

“Warner Bros. has been my home for the better part of two decades. The relationships I have acquired there are some of the finest and most supportive I could have hoped for in this industry,” the Ackles’ said. “Danneel and I are thrilled for the opportunity to continue to grow as artists and now as a producers under the mentorship and guidance of Peter Roth and the whole WBTV team.”

Jensen Ackles is set to join “The Boys” cast next season as Soldier Boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2510/09/2020

That is a really smart deal. You don’t have to be young and pretty to do directing, or worry about aging out of parts. And if they have a hit or two, they’re set.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2020

LMFAO, whatever R26. Almost every "celebrity" out there has their own production company. Very few pay off.

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2020

According to the article, "the terms of the deal were not disclosed" which translate as "no money has changed hands yet." They haven't (and probably won't ever) pay Ackles anything. It's just an agreement that Warner Bros gets dibs on any original content they might want. After they turn it down, he's free to pitch it to others. These deals aren't like recording contracts where artist are paid upfront to produce so many albums and tours.

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2020

I watched season 15 on TNT this week and I have a couple of questions:

1) What happened to Michael's spell? And that rift he made so they could go to Purgatory to get an ingredient? Did I miss an episode?

2) There's a scene in the "previously ons" with Sam, Dean and Chuck all together. Chuck crushes something in his hand and says "You've freed me" or something. Where is that from? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2020

Dean and the angel went to purgatory for the flower.

Don’t recall the other scene.

Yesterday’s episode was nice. It was lighthearted then got serious at the end.

Poor Sam, someone always takes his fingernails 😨

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2020

Lol R30.

Reminiscent of the Supernatural Christmas episode....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3110/09/2020

Yup, R31.

by Anonymousreply 3210/09/2020

I couldn't get through last night's episode. Too many dumb asspulls writing-wise.

Apparently bog standard faeries can just disable the most powerful being to ever exist through smoothies--why do nephilim or archangels matter, then? Several seasons of SPN seem pointless now in terms of stakes. Let's give God and the Darkness smoothies. And the Empty too while we're at it.

Oh there's an interdimensional telescope but the MOL didn't really do anything with it, including even documenting what it was. Makes sense.

Castiel is gone because of Misha's contract but it didn't make sense that Cas would leave Jack with Dean knowing that Dean hasn't forgiven him. Jack is miserable at the start and it's not in character for Cas to just leave under those circumstances. Especially since angels can communicate telepathically through angel radio, there's no reason for him to be gone to "follow up with one of his angel contacts".

Cas not being present in an episode about family dynamics but Jack being there when the latter has spent four times as long with the Winchesters is...a choice. Also, Jack is Cas's son in canon and only affiliated with Sam and Dean for that reason.

Not sure why people on Primetimer are going wild for this one. Maybe because they're almost to a member Jensen/Dean stans and this was a Dean-centric episode. I thought it was annoying, pointless, and very S15 in its writing quality.

by Anonymousreply 3310/09/2020

R33 you are a nasty woman.

by Anonymousreply 3410/09/2020

Sorry, I obviously meant to write "the former" with regard to Cas and Jack's relationships with Dean and Sam above, not "the latter."

by Anonymousreply 3510/09/2020

Thursday's episode drew 1.13 million viewers which is a series high for the year. I get that's better than it has been but, damn, people really don't tune in for this anymore.

Sure, the show has been around for a long time, but the average weekly viewership for ER's last season (Season 15) was 7 million per week and it's series finale pulled in over 16 million viewers, which was the highest rated series finale since the X-Files.

by Anonymousreply 3610/09/2020

*its* series finale ^^^

by Anonymousreply 3710/09/2020

Walking Dead World Betond got only 1.5 million viewers for its series premiere,so SPN's ratings are amazing, when put in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2020

Walking Dead World Betond got only 1.5 million viewers for its series premiere,so SPN's ratings are amazing, when put in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2020

You cannot compare the ratings of a cable show with one of the network shows in terms of audience.

You cannot compare ratings of a current show with those of the distant past.

The landscape of viewership has changed quite dramatically and to try and compare them is apples and oranges.

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2020

What are you talking about, R40?

It really doesn't matter how you compare Supernatural to Walking Dead.

The fact of the matter is that Walking Dead gets way more promotion, it's on a network that has many more viewers, Walking Dead has a much larger budget, and it belongs to a franchise that already has a tremendous viewership base.

From that alone, Walking Dead: World Beyond should have had millions more viewers than Supernatural.

Yet Supernatural got almost as many viewers as WDWB.

Supernatural is the clear WINNER here. Now you know why the CW has kept this show on for so long. The fans are very loyal to the show.

by Anonymousreply 4110/09/2020

[Quote] Now you know why the CW has kept this show on for so long. The fans are very loyal to the show.

The fans are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4210/09/2020

And you're just a hateful beast, R42.

You're the stupid one. And jealous, too.

by Anonymousreply 4310/10/2020

I love the haters.

They're so twisted and tormented inside about the show's longevity, success and loyal fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 4410/10/2020

Exactly, R44.

The icing on the cake will be when the show wins an Emmy next year.

Their heads are going to explode!

by Anonymousreply 4510/10/2020

At least i'm not delusional R43, R44 and R45.

by Anonymousreply 4610/10/2020

Wait wait wait.... Cas is gone?

He won't be back for the finale?

Does this mean Dean will have to bed Jack instead?

by Anonymousreply 4710/10/2020

I’ve read that the useless one will NOT be in the last two episodes, so who knows what the truth is.

The two leads have also said that the last few episodes are more like the early season episodes, just them two.

So there are still 4 episodes where the useless one can appear and leave the last two episodes with just Sam and Dean.

Stop calling people “hateful beasts” R43, it’s so childish and inane.

by Anonymousreply 4810/10/2020

I had R33 on block, gee, I wonder why?

Castiel is irrelevant. It’s been proven for years and years.

There. Is. Nothing. For. Him. To. Do.

Mrs. Butters was a wood nymph. God only knows what powers they have. It seemed she was pretty powerful if she was helping power-up the bunker.

The smoothies incapacitated Jack, to make it easier to kill him. It probably wouldn’t have worked anyway.

Plus, god forbid the plot is all for Dean. You know, the co-lead of the show.

by Anonymousreply 4910/10/2020

[quote] Stop calling people “hateful beasts” R43, it’s so childish and inane.

You mean like referring to Misha Collins - who has been on the show for the past 11 seasons - "the useless one?"

That kind of childish and inane?

by Anonymousreply 5010/10/2020

Misha posted a #SPNVOTES watch party on Youtube.

It's amazing who attended.

Bob Singer, Rob Benedict, Jim Beaver, Rachel Miner, Sebastian Roche, Felicia Day, Shoshanna Stern, Jake Abel, David Haydn, Jared/Gen, Alaina Huffman, MJ Hegar, Cory Booker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5110/10/2020

How much was it to join?

The money went to MJ Hegar I suppose?

by Anonymousreply 5210/10/2020

Jensen/Danneel were notably absent.

Maybe they're Republicans, after all.

Now that the show is done, no need to be a pretend-Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 5310/10/2020

Someone had mentioned Jared's haircut, but I had not seen it before this.

He looks fantastic!!!

Why in the hell didn't he cut his hair sooner??

It makes him look sooooooooo much younger. Finally!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5410/10/2020

Jensen and the beard were there.

They pretended to make out in the backseat of the Impala.

by Anonymousreply 5510/10/2020

R26 Don't listen to r27 the deal Jensen and Danneel for their production company Chaos Machine is a pretty good one and kind of a big deal, at least for them. It's not world shattering or completely unique or anything like that, but there was clearly a lot of work and thought put into it.

R33 No one, least of all Dean fans is falling all over themselves praising this past episode. At most it's being fairly well received by everyone, except possibly Cas fans because he wasn't in it, because it was nice relatively light hearted episode and in terms of Dean fans, didn't crap all over Dean's character, which is far more the norm in recent seasons. But no one is going wild for it.

R53 Jensen and Danneel were there, they were there with the 3rd longest running character on the show, besides Dean and Sam, which is to say the Impala. :) They were sitting in Baby's backseat and the only reason they "made out" was because Misha egged them on, saying "Give us a show!" and said show lasted for a few seconds. Julie McMahon who played the angel Anna, got one of the big laughs of when, prior to that, Danneel asked Jensen if he'd ever been in the backseat and Julie piped up "I have!" and Jensen said "Hi Julie, I can't see you but I know it's you" because Dean and Anna had sex on the back seat of the Impala in season 4.

by Anonymousreply 5610/10/2020

Julie McNiven, not McMahon.

by Anonymousreply 5710/11/2020

I can't believe that Jensen and Danneel did the Zoom meeting from the Impala. The so-called "GOOD Impala."

The one that Jared wanted.

I guess now that the show is done, Jensen and Danneel's nasty side is coming out, trying to make Jared jealous.

Looks like they weren't as good friends as they tried to make everyone believe.

by Anonymousreply 5810/11/2020

R58 Why the hell would Jared get the "good Impala", it's far more associated with Jensen's character Dean, rightfully so. Jensen drove it far more often, he even did some minor, relatively easy, driving stunts in it. Back in Season 7 when they asked about the engine the car had in it, Jensen was the only one who knew. Jensen loved the car and has been saying for years he was hoping to get it when the show ended, why would Jared get it? Because he's "the car guy, it's me, I'm the car guy"? Don't care if Jared's a car guy, Jensen is obviously THAT car's guy.

Jensen and Danneel were in the Impala because it was part of the show, it was even a character in the show(had an episode from Baby's point of view) so it was a nice nod. So many other actors from the show were on the Zoom call, of course the Impala should be there too, she was there from the very beginning.

R57 Thanks for the correction. I figured I had something off about her name, but was too lazy to look it up.

by Anonymousreply 5910/11/2020

[quote] Jensen loved the car and has been saying for years he was hoping to get it when the show ended, why would Jared get it?

Because not only does Jared work on cars (while Jensen does NOT), but Jared has top billing on the show.

He's the STAR, baby.

Jensen and Danneel were definitely grandstanding by Zoom-ing from the Impala, and they were definitely trying to make Jared jealous.

They're probably pissed that Jared got his own show on the CW, while Jensen is joining an existing show and he's not exactly the star.

So Jared WINS.

by Anonymousreply 6010/11/2020

R60 The Impala did not have the sort of meaning for Jared or his character that it did for Jensen and his character. He didn't deserve it just because he was first on the call sheet, for years now him and Jensen have made the same salary on the show anyway and it's clear Jensen was considered the leader on the set, not Jared. The car means a lot to Jensen and is deeply connected to the character he portrayed on the show.

Are you saying Jared is really that selfish that he would begrudge Jensen something very important to him and deeply connected to a character he's loved portraying for 15 years, just because he, in general, likes old cars? Now THAT would be being an asshole non-friend.

There are more important things than "being number one on the call sheet". The Boys is a hit for Amazon, it's viewership for season 2 grew 89% over season 1, it's the first non-Netflix show to break into Neilsen's weekly top ten streaming ratings, near the top no less(the only two over it are Lucifer and Cobra Kai both of which Netflix actually bought after they started airing on other platforms), it got higher viewership than the last season of Stranger Things or The Mandalorian. It's considered Amazon's first "megahit".

Remember Jeffrey Dean Morgan? He got a short recurring character role on Grey's Anatomy and it boosted his career big time, way more than being John Winchester on SPN did. Jensen has a regular role on The Boys that will probably be roughly the size of Aya Cash's Stormfront this season, which was a major role. He's supposed to be in all 8 episodes. This is a great opportunity for Jensen, in a role very unlike what he's been doing and outside the career ecosystem he's been in with the CW.

by Anonymousreply 6110/11/2020

I'm not disparaging Jensen or his career, R61. I actually like him.

But in this case, we're talking about THE CAR.

[quote] R60 The Impala did not have the sort of meaning for Jared or his character that it did for Jensen and his character.

[quote] The car means a lot to Jensen and is deeply connected to the character he portrayed on the show.

Again, we're talking about real life. Not the character.

In real life, the car means more to Jared because he's actually a car afficionado. Jensen is not.

For Jensen, it's like a souvenir.

For Jared, it would be something that he would actually work on and admire, and drive, etc.

Jensen already said that he has to hire people to tailor the car to Texas weather.

Jared would probably be able to do it himself.

Bottom line, it was selfish of Jensen to take it. He should have given it to Jared, knowing that it would have meant more to him.

by Anonymousreply 6210/11/2020

Fine!

Misha gets the car!

- Kripke

by Anonymousreply 6310/11/2020

R62 Yes we are talking about real people. Jensen spent more time with the car, he drove it more. He always talked about the car. Not Jared, JENSEN. Jensen was really attached to THAT car.

Yes, of course it's partly because of the character he played, Dean Winchester. It's because he played Dean that he spent so much more time with that particular car than Jared did, the car was special to Dean, the car became special to Jensen while playing Dean.

So what if it's a "souvenir"? Souvenirs are remembrances of places and things that are special to you. The show was special to him, his character was special to him, the time he spent playing his character in that car was special to him. It's much better that it's a souvenir, than just something that's a hobby. If Jared wants an old car to work on, he can buy one. But this Impala actually means something special to Jensen.

So again, JENSEN deserved that car. Jensen didn't take anything from Jared.

I don't know where you are getting this crap from anyway. At no point did Jared ever say he wanted the car Jensen has. Besides if Jared actually loves working on cars, etc, then he should love the one he has which would need more work. Jensen got Hero Car 1, I think it's technically called, which was used for driving and needed to be in good running order in order to drive on the roads. Jared got the secondary car which wasn't used as much for the actual driving though it does run and is driveable.

Jensen said he wasn't planning on doing anything big with the car, he's just going to add a working radio, probably air conditioning and seat belts. It's better to have professionals do it if you can afford it to make sure it's done right. He doesn't want to fix the squeak in the door or the wear on the seats.

He was driving it the other day on the grounds of the Family Business Brewery, it was so cool watching that video of him driving past and hearing the same loud purr of the engine you hear in the show, only "in real life". LOL

by Anonymousreply 6410/12/2020

This thread reads like it was authored by a gaggle of thirteen-year-old girls.

How anyone could stand to watch this trash is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2020

"When it comes down to it, why did I stick around all these years? Because I truly loved it."

Oh my sides! The only reason Jensen's stuck around this turd of a show for 15 years is because you haven't had any other offers.

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2020

Fuck off, R66 + 6. BEAST!

I re-watched last Thursday's episode, and I have to say that it's quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. I really love Mrs. Butters!

Dean was acting so silly throughout the entire episode, but it was cute. Sammy was cute, too.

I loved how she made all of the holidays for them. And Sam's little birthday party was adorable!

It was a "feel good" episode just like the fans have been saying, and very reminiscent of the old Supernatural episodes.

It was a nice way to return to the show after this long break.

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2020

He did have other offers.

by Anonymousreply 6810/12/2020

Reverse mortgage commercials don't count, R68.

by Anonymousreply 6910/12/2020

Please tell us about these offers, r68.

by Anonymousreply 7010/12/2020

And where are YOUR offers, R69/R70??

by Anonymousreply 7110/13/2020

I don't need any offers, R71.

I didn't fritter away my youth watching shitty television shows with even shittier actors, like [italic]someone[/italic]I could name.

I actually did something with my life, so I'm doing just fine, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 7210/13/2020

[quote] I actually did something with my life, so I'm doing just fine, thank you very much. —Oncology Radiologist

Too bad you're not a proctologist.

Otherwise you could have found what crawled up your own ass!!

by Anonymousreply 7310/13/2020

Look, I'm being serious. I do hate these actors because they are seriously bad at their job. Now that this shitty show is over I want them to fade into obscurity so genuinely talented actors can get a chance. If some director/ casting agent/ whatever is offering Jensen a job, I want to know so I can ignore any and all of their projects. It's difficult enough to find quality television these days.

by Anonymousreply 7410/13/2020

Yeah, as comebacks go R73, that was pretty stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7510/13/2020

PREACH R74! I think this show is lame as hell but the actors are even worse. But the freaky fans take the cake. The fans are all sad, lonely people who fantasize about having someone love them like Dean loves Sam.

I got news for them. It's never gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 7610/13/2020

So Jensen said this in an interview:

In addition to your new projects, you’ve also been posting a lot about Black Lives Matter this summer—from handing out supplies at a protest to giving over your social media accounts to Black activists and politicians. What have you learned?

Looking at my kids and being a father, I’m thinking, Wow, what kind of world are they gonna have? So I've started to listen a little more and I've started to want to understand other people's experiences so that I can make a better choice about the actions I take. I've gotten pushback—[in the past] even I've looked at actors using their platform to be political and been like, “You know, nobody needs to hear that. Just do your movies and do your show. You're not a politician.”

But I've now learned that, no, you've been given a platform now with social media. And even before that, when you would give an interview to a publication, there's a voice there that is yours and you get to choose how you use that. And I think that's a responsibility that people need to take seriously. So I’ve tried to do it as inclusively as possible.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 3:25 PM

Man, Ackles is doing all he can to show he's reformed and my belief is that it's all for the money. He knows that given his mediocre talent and rapidly fading looks no casting agent or director would hire him as a Republican, so he's working overtime to modify his image as an Evangelical Christian Republican.

Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 3:31 PM

I like to come here and read the unhinged rants from the haters.

There obsession is pathological.

The chap that boasts he's a cancer x-ray guy R72 immediately loses the argument when he feels the pressure/need to boast about himself and occupation.

You impressed no-one except yourself.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 5:07 PM

[quote]You impressed no-one except yourself.

And that was just my intent, R79. I'm a rich oncologist who doesn't give a damn about impressing anyone but myself. We physicians are selfish like that; haven't you heard?

PS: YOUR SHOW STILL SUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 5:58 PM

Not this bullshit shitshow again. How many goddam threads do you little girls need to discuss this piece of shit show? Nobody can act on it and they're all way past their prime. The writers won't be able to get work writing greeting card sentiments after this travesty goes off the air.

Take your shit to Tumblr, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 6:11 PM

Here's Miss R80, huffing and puffing....

And there's the hideous BEAST R81. She has nothing better to do, than to haunt Supernatural threads, complaining about how the show is so terrible. Someone needs to throw salt on her, and then club her with an iron rod!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82Last Thursday at 12:48 AM

Get out of here, R81!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 12:50 AM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 84Last Thursday at 9:36 AM

Yup!

It’s fascinating to me, R80, how if you hate the show, the actors, et al, why you come to these threads and spew your venom toward people who obviously enjoy the show?

Doesn’t your “doctor mind” know enough to leave these people alone in their “madness”?

Why waste your valuable time here? Are you trying to change minds?

Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Is that why all you haters come to these threads and denigrate everything? To try and convince people to hate the show?

I can’t imagine any other reason for you people to be here.

DL has literally THOUSANDS of threads for any topic under the sun. And again I’ll ask: why are you here? Seems to be you haters are even more obsessed about our show than we actual fans of the show.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Thursday at 10:13 AM

It absolutely cracks me up that the most liked comments on this thread on the one trashing this shitty show.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Thursday at 1:26 PM

Shitty like your nasty ass, R86.

WATCH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!

Btw, new episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 87Last Thursday at 4:52 PM

Preview from tonight's show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88Last Thursday at 5:18 PM

It was a serviceable episode.

I liked Jack asking for the kool aid 🤣😂

So maybe Amara will help the guys.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Thursday at 8:39 PM

Oh R80, you sound like a petulant 10 year old.

By all means, keep boasting to build yourself up in your own mind. Why the doubt?

Meanwhile we'll all watch a new episode!

by Anonymousreply 90Last Friday at 1:25 AM

[quote]Meanwhile we'll all watch a new episode!

Well, you "all" were practically the only ones who did watch. The ratings were back to their normal shit-show numbers for last night.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Friday at 11:12 AM

So I just read Jared's real-life wife (and equally terrible actor) is going to play his wife on "Walker Texas Ranger." WHY WON'T THESE SHITTY ACTORS GO AWAY?

by Anonymousreply 92Last Friday at 12:17 PM

This is what I heard during every scene of last nights episode that didn't include Sam or Dean: "Blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blahblah. Blah blah blah? Blah blah blahblah"! I saw some shapes on my TV screen, one seemed to be wearing a trench coat, but I was too disinterested to acknowledge any of these secondary characters. I don't care about what Cas or Jack or Billie does at this point - I lost track of what their storyline is. Even seeing Amara back with the boys made me sad because I didn't like her as soon as we were told that she's God's sister. Whatever.

It's looking like the ending of the series won't be worth the time I've invested all these years. That would be such a letdown.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Friday at 12:18 PM

[quote] This is what I heard during every scene of last nights episode that didn't include Sam or Dean: "Blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blahblah. Blah blah blah? Blah blah blahblah"! I saw some shapes on my TV screen, one seemed to be wearing a trench coat, but I was too disinterested to acknowledge any of these secondary characters.

R93, I have to admit that last night's episode was very dialogue heavy.

And then I came across an article about the episode, which was directed by Matt Cohen (young John Winchester), and he explained his motivation.

I'll just post a little bit of what he said:

[quote] ‘Supernatural’ Director Matt Cohen on Setting Up Castiel’s Big News and Bringing ‘a Little Soap Opera to Sci-Fi’

With only a handful of episodes left before The CW’s long-running demon-hunting drama “Supernatural” signs off for good, every line of dialogue, every frame of footage and every decision — from guest star casting to guest director hiring — counts. Matt Cohen, who got his start on the show playing young John Winchester in 2008, admits he was certainly feeling the weight of that responsibility when he stepped on set to direct “Gimme Shelter,” the 15th episode of the final season.

“There was all the pressure, but I just wanted to do the homework and I tried to do the homework as much as possible,” Cohen tells Variety. “I wanted to give the audience enough to satisfy them a little bit, but also enough to dissatisfy them so they come back next week. That’s what I was aiming for.”

“Gimme Shelter,” which was penned by staff writer Davy Perez, was a dialogue-heavy episode that featured two seemingly distinct stories, for which Cohen focused on the common emotional tonality. Half of the episode featured Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) reconnecting with God’s sister Amara (Emily Swallow), at first because they need her to get to God, who is busy destroying the other universes. But their time with her delivers the all-important revelations that she is not actually the first born, but God’s twin (“creation and destruction, light and dark, balance”), as well as why she really brought the Winchesters’ mother Mary (Samantha Smith) back from the dead a few years earlier. The other half of the episode focused on Castiel (Misha Collins) and Jack (Alex Calvert) on the case of deaths and disappearances of people within a religious group.

“I wanted the scenes to bounce off of each other and you’re battling two different predicaments, but very similar. Each of the four characters in these scenes — Cass, Jack, Amara and Dean — are fighting for their own thing for their own reason, therefore living their own truth in the eyes of God,” Cohen says.

In order to truly sell the various levels of emotions in the episode, Cohen notes he didn’t want to rely on fancy camerawork or elaborate setups, but instead focus on tight closeups of the actors’ faces.

“I had come off working on a soap opera a few years ago and there is something in me that soap operas do very well, and it can be really irritating to the actors a lot of the time [but] the camera will just sit on your face until your face sells the moment, and that’s your cut point,” he explains. “I tried to bring a little soap opera to the sci-fi experience.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94Last Friday at 12:43 PM

For those of you who think that Jensen is too old to play a superhero, here's some news for you.

Adrianne Palicki (Sam's girlfriend Jess in the Supernatural pilot episode) was tapped by NBC to be the lead in a new Wonder Woman series. And she's close to Jensen's age.

So suck on that, haters!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95Last Friday at 12:58 PM

If i miss an episode I can rely on the alleged haters to recount the episode in detail so I can catch up.

Think on that. The people that supposedly hate the show can give you a breakdown in detail, almost scene by scene, what you missed.

They fool nobody.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Friday at 1:11 PM

Kripke came out and said that they will not be following the comic and he has no plan to recreate the scene where Homelander and Soldier Boy have sex.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Friday at 4:12 PM

Why won’t you go away, R92???

by Anonymousreply 98Last Friday at 6:38 PM

You're an idiot, R95. That chick is 37 years old, and in less than five months Jensen will be 43. That's ANCIENT in Hollywood Years. No one starts a film career at that age. Plus, Jensen look older than he is.

You SPN Fraus are just too much.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Saturday at 6:15 PM

"First Look: Meet the New (Young) Sam and Dean"

Young Sam and Dean are sporting a new look on Supernatural.

In next Thursday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), the brothers’ younger alter egos will be played by two fresh faces as flashbacks explore a hunt from the Winchesters’ childhood.

In the attached gallery, The Haunting of Hill House‘s Paxton Singleton takes on the role of amulet-sporting Young Dean, who has previously been portrayed at different ages by Ridge Canipe, Dylan Everett and Brock Kelly, among others. Meanwhile, When Calls the Heart‘s Christian Michael Cooper is Young Sam, who has most notably been brought to life by Colin Ford in six installments.

The episode finds Sam and Dean “asked to investigate the murder of a childhood friend, calling them back to a motel from their past and perplexing the brothers with a case they thought was solved a long time ago,” per the official synopsis.

Flashbacks to the brothers’ past were “something we used to do a lot,” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb previously told TVLine, “and we kind of moved away from it largely because the actors who we’d come to rely on to play Young Sam and Young Dean got too old. Colin Ford, right now, is older than Jared Padalecki was when the show started, I think.”

But as the series was ramping up for its swan song, Dabb put out a call to the writing staff. “Meghan Fitzmartin, one of the writers on the show, came in with an idea, and it worked for us,” Dabb shared. “It worked not only as a case right now, but also as something that informed the journey Sam and Dean have taken, where they started as kids, how they kind of came together and then how that has [led up] to the point that they are, emotionally, when the episode airs. So it ended up being a really good reflection of our guys now, telling a story about our guys then, which, to me, are always the best versions of those types of flashback stories.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100Last Saturday at 7:16 PM

That little boy that is playing young Sam is beautiful.

Except that Sam doesn’t have a butt chin. 🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 101Last Saturday at 11:03 PM

Young Dean is the kid who played Steven from Haunting Of Hill House.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Saturday at 11:28 PM

20 second preview of this Thursday's episode.

Looks good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103Last Sunday at 9:43 PM

I just watched an episode from season four "In the Beginning" where Dean is sent back in time and meets young John Winchester, Mary Winchester, and Samuel Campbell.

The beginning of the episode is hilarious because it seems like Dean is hitting on a very hot John Winchester (played by Matt Cohen). Young John seems perplexed by how Dean is acting towards him, and it's hilarious.

I could totally write FanFic for that episode, where I would make young John respond positively to what he thinks are Dean's advances on him. Dean would freak out! Rofl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10411 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!