Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYT Has Obtained Trump's Tax Return Information

Story breaking just minutes ago - and of course it is behind a paywall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601September 29, 2020 6:04 PM

He's such a fraud. We would have been better off with any of his Republican primary opponents. Jeb would have been fine. I was still a Republican then and voted for Jeb! In the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2020 9:18 PM

"Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made."

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2020 9:21 PM

This is so juicy!!!

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2020 9:22 PM

It’s going to be a N.Y. Times series:

“This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.”

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2020 9:23 PM

October surprise, a couple of days early

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2020 9:24 PM

this may really damage his chances, a real body blow

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2020 9:24 PM

"The picture that perhaps emerges most starkly from the mountain of figures and tax schedules prepared by Mr. Trump’s accountants is of a businessman-president in a tightening financial vise.

Most of Mr. Trump’s core enterprises — from his constellation of golf courses to his conservative-magnet hotel in Washington — report losing millions, if not tens of millions, of dollars year after year.

His revenue from “The Apprentice” and from licensing deals is drying up, and several years ago he sold nearly all the stocks that now might have helped him plug holes in his struggling properties.

The tax audit (over a $72.9 million tax audit Trump claimed) looms.

And within the next four years, more than $300 million in loans — obligations for which he is personally responsible — will come due."

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2020 9:24 PM

“In fact, those public filings offer a distorted picture of his financial state, since they simply report revenue, not profit. In 2018, for example, Mr. Trump announced in his disclosure that he had made at least $434.9 million. The tax records deliver a very different portrait of his bottom line: $47.4 million in losses.”

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2020 9:25 PM

He’s GOING DOWN.

At the very least this will make him even more of a drug-addled trainwreck on Tuesday night.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote]The tax audit (over a $72.9 million tax audit Trump claimed) looms.

$72.9 million tax credit Trump claimed

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2020 9:26 PM

I can't wait to hear how he spins this! Knowing that he paid just $750 in taxes has got to piss some of his supporters off.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2020 9:26 PM

Is this another Rachel Maddow tax return, or real ones?

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2020 9:28 PM

Trump pays taxes to foreign countries but not the U.S.:

"In 2017, the president’s $750 contribution to the operations of the U.S. government was dwarfed by the $15,598 he or his companies paid in Panama, the $145,400 in India and the $156,824 in the Philippines."

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2020 9:28 PM

His supporters will view him as a fucking hero who knows how to “work the system”.

Meanwhile they are all sending him their own money so he can squander that as well.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2020 9:29 PM

Vairst Lady is filing for divorce now!

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2020 9:31 PM

I'm reading the article and it's infuriating. While he's only paid a couple of thousand in federal income taxes over the past 15 years, he's received tens of millions in refunds.

I've tried to defend Trump voters as not being the caricatures some Democrats try to insist they are. But they truly are deplorable trash for supporting someone who gleefully lies, steals, and cheats. His every word and deed prove how much he hates everything America is supposed to stand for.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2020 9:32 PM

Unfortunately the returns don't show who lent him money

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2020 9:32 PM

[Quote] His supporters will view him as a fucking hero who knows how to “work the system”.

That's actually the explanation he used four years ago. He said something to the effect 'of course I pay as little taxes as possible. Being the smart business man that I am, why wouldn't I? I am that smart. Vote for me, and you get a smart business man as a leader.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2020 9:34 PM

R9 Great point! I do love the timing of this coming out just before the debate. Ha!

Oh, Dumb Donald. You ignorant slab of human rot.

I really crave him being humiliated, and his supporters having to face the truth.

I don't expect to be satisfied, yet I hope.

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]That's actually the explanation he used four years ago. He said something to the effect 'of course I pay as little taxes as possible. Being the smart business man that I am, why wouldn't I? I am that smart. Vote for me, and you get a smart business man as a leader.

You're making him far more eloquent than he was. The actual quote after Hillary raised it at a debate was "That makes me smart."

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2020 9:35 PM

Is Trump an anomaly, or are thousands and thousands of other "smart businessmen" doing this too?

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2020 9:36 PM

He’s having a presser right now and chris Christie is laying across chairs looking really slovenly, and crazy eyes Rudy. It was a dumb diatribe about how his judicial nominee is being treated so MSNBC cut away. Hope his head explodes when the taxes are discussed at length.

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2020 9:37 PM

The fact that he’s insolvent will hurt him. It punctures the myth that he avoided taxes as part of a strategy to amass a great fortune.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2020 9:37 PM

Oh dear, Thanksgiving dinner at the Trump household will be even more awkward than usual!

Pass the Adderall, Donald!

by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2020 9:38 PM

"Examining the Trump Organization’s tax records, a curious pattern emerges: Between 2010 and 2018, Mr. Trump wrote off some $26 million in unexplained “consulting fees” as a business expense across nearly all of his projects.

It appears Mr. Trump reduced his taxable income by treating a family member as a consultant, and then deducting the fee as a cost of doing business.

The “consultants” are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii."

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2020 9:39 PM

Do his deplorable spawns know that the TURD is broke?

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2020 9:40 PM

His followers will say that he doesn't take a salary and talk about all that he donates to charity. Then, blah blah blah Obama and Michelle. Blah blah blah, Killery and HER EMAILS!!!!!! WAYFAIR, COMET PING PONG OMG!!!1!!1!

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2020 9:42 PM

You think his supporters give a shit?

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2020 9:42 PM

[Quote]this may really damage his chances, a real body blow

Please, deplorables are braindead idiots who would keep kissing Trump's ass no matter what.

There are few undecided voters this year, most everyone has already chosen.

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2020 9:42 PM

I don’t expect that the lunatics who vote for Orange It will be affected at all by this news, but it makes me immeasurably happy to. Know that he is going broke.

by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote]You think his supporters give a shit?

Allow me to ask DL Trumptard Trolls: hey, cunts, do you give a shit about this???

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2020 9:44 PM

The OP of this thread is a Canadian who is creating defeatist threads about Biden.

Please use the other thread since this one is made by a troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2020 9:44 PM

"Ultimately, Mr. Trump has been more successful playing a business mogul than being one in real life."

Exactly. Just as many suspected he only makes money from branding and from portraying on TV a wealthy businessman.

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2020 9:46 PM

"(Trump) is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421 million, with most of it coming due within four years. Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president."

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2020 9:47 PM

Bill Barr will fix all this.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2020 9:48 PM

Archived page, no paywall:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

His hardcore base, r28? No. He could stick his fist up every one of there daughters cunts and they would cheer for him.

Regular voters who are still leaning towards Trump? Yes. This will matter to many of them.

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

At the very least this will make him even more of a drug-addled trainwreck on Tuesday night.

I was kind of thinking that too; he'll come down from his high of fucking over the dems on the Supreme Court nominee and will be rage tweeting for at least the next 24 hours. I hope during the debate, Biden calls him poor

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

That article is just fine. Stop nitpicking, bitches.

Oh this is going to get ugly. Every news outlet is breaking this now. This month's news cycle is won by Dems.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

The tax returns tie into all the business aid money that went missing from the 2020 ppp loans.

There is a connection here. Hopefully this is the loose string that ties it all together.

by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2020 9:49 PM

Orange Con is doing a press conference right now.

by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2020 9:50 PM

Who here thinks he’s gonna bail on the debate because of this?

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2020 9:50 PM

I wonder if his dumbass kids know that he's broke? Prolly Ivanka knows, that's why she and Jared are busy grifting the fuck outta the country. The others, I somehow doubt they'd be smart enough to figure this out.

by Anonymousreply 43September 27, 2020 9:51 PM

[Quote](Trump) is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421 million, with most of it coming due within four years.

Which is why Trump ran for President in the first place. It was a way to raise his popularity among the right and turn that into a much needed revenue stream. He never expected to actually win.

by Anonymousreply 44September 27, 2020 9:51 PM

Could it be Trump is not aware of this yet? He's holding a press conference now and though he's spouting his usual insanity, he's not raging.

by Anonymousreply 45September 27, 2020 9:52 PM

Ivanka is texting him right now during his press conference: “DADDY!!! This isn’t true IS IT?! I DO NOT GET ON MY KNEES FOR RELATIVES WORTH UNDER A BILLION.”

by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2020 9:52 PM

Trump owes Putin & oligarchs millions.

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2020 9:52 PM

""in many years, Mr. Trump lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer."

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote] Who here thinks he’s gonna bail on the debate because of this?

I certainly hope so.

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote]Regular voters who are still leaning towards Trump? Yes. This will matter to many of them.

A sad statement if it took this and not the 200,000 plus COVID victims who have died under his negligence to doubt him.

Meanwhile, anyone with a half a brain already knew his taxes were suspect when he ran the first time.

This is not breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2020 9:54 PM

I guess, this is a warning shot. The next one will be the identity of all those mysterious creditors.

by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2020 9:54 PM

Broke bitch!

Welfare Queen!

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2020 9:54 PM

R12, it’s the real deal.

The September Surprise to end all September Surprises.

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2020 9:55 PM

Right now he’s probably going apeshit in the White House or wherever the fuck he is. I hope his fucking blood pressure is sky high that he can’t sleep tonight and that this affects everything he’s doing.

Played correctly, this is Trump’s Benghazi moment..

by Anonymousreply 54September 27, 2020 9:56 PM

I know this is ancient history now, but remember when Lawrence O'Donnell got raked across the coals for reporting that Putin and other foreign oligarchs cosigned all of Dump's loans? I wonder if that's the next shoe to drop here.

by Anonymousreply 55September 27, 2020 9:56 PM

His followers will not care.

I unfriended a total nutcase Facebook acquaintance who started posting bullshit suggesting Biden is a pedophile. They don’t have a low. The way they behave, new words will need to be coined that mean “worse than deplorable,” “worse than despicable.”

by Anonymousreply 56September 27, 2020 9:56 PM

The first thing I thought when I saw Junior Mint's drugged out video tirade a few days ago was that the wheels are beginning to come off the Trump train and they're all getting majorly panicked. It will be very interesting to see how crazy they all get beginning tomorrow when this news is all over the news channels.

by Anonymousreply 57September 27, 2020 9:57 PM

R54, as it happens on tv, doing his press conference right now.

by Anonymousreply 58September 27, 2020 9:57 PM

Anyone up for a Melania on Assistance thread?

by Anonymousreply 59September 27, 2020 9:57 PM

I got this without a paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 27, 2020 9:57 PM

Finally, a reporter asks Trump about the NYT story. Trump: "Fake news. Totally fake, made up, fake. Actually, I paid tax. And you'll see that as soon as I release my tax returns. But they're under audit."

by Anonymousreply 61September 27, 2020 9:58 PM

Someone asked at the press conference. He is denying. “FAKE NEWS! The stories are fake news! They did this last year. They always do negative stories. I used to get good stories. They apologized for their bad reporting.”

by Anonymousreply 62September 27, 2020 9:58 PM

Will we see cans at gas station counters with Melanie's face on them? Please, can you spare anything for our first lady in her time of crisis?

by Anonymousreply 63September 27, 2020 9:59 PM

We'll see those tax returns about the same time as we see his beautiful healthcare plan

by Anonymousreply 64September 27, 2020 9:59 PM

I do think most voters' minds are already made up. Hoping this revelation will push lazy Biden voters to make sure to actually vote.

by Anonymousreply 65September 27, 2020 9:59 PM

Fake news? How can he deny it? Did the returns come from the IRS? If so, then he filed them and it's undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 66September 27, 2020 10:00 PM

R61, LOL, still under audit. Still promises, promises.

by Anonymousreply 67September 27, 2020 10:00 PM

Narrator: There is nothing about a tax audit that requires a non-release of taxes.

Also, the audit has been going on for five years at this point.

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2020 10:03 PM

[Quote]Fake news? How can he deny it?

Hon, Trump doesn't care about the truth even a little bit. He will stand in a monsoon say reports that it is raining are fake news.

That's what we have been dealing with. A president who has zero regard for honesty.

by Anonymousreply 69September 27, 2020 10:03 PM

For him to do a press conference this quick shows just how panicked the fat bastard is.

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2020 10:07 PM

The really big thing, even bigger than the fact that he's basically broke, is that he has debts coming due that if not paid will probably end in that family's ruination. The loss of everything they have.

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2020 10:08 PM

Is there any talk about who leaked the returns?

by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote]Hon, Trump doesn't care about the truth even a little bit.

"Truth matters little to him, what's right matters even less, and decency matters not at all"

by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote] For him to do a press conference this quick shows just how panicked the fat bastard is.

He was already doing the press conference as the story broke.

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2020 10:09 PM

Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie were there. Call on that QAnon heifer, Sinclair, Newsmax, and Fox friendly questioners.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2020 10:13 PM

Biden should focus on the revelation that Trump is funneling millions to Ivanka to avoid paying taxes. And he should focus on Trump owing 400 million in loans, that his businesses are losing tens of millions of dollars a year, that he appears to falsified returns and will likely owe the IRS over 100 million dollars as punishment. Don't focus on the $750.00 he payed... voters will just think that's smart business

by Anonymousreply 76September 27, 2020 10:13 PM

"Trump has an established track record of stiffing his lenders. But the tax returns reveal that he has failed to pay back far more money than previously known: a total of $287 million since 2010."

by Anonymousreply 77September 27, 2020 10:16 PM

“[Trump] is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421 million, with most of it coming due within four years. Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president.”

by Anonymousreply 78September 27, 2020 10:17 PM

It’s time for Michael Bloomberg, a legitimate multi-billionaire, to VISIBLY interpret what the taxes reveal. Bloomberg has called out Trump in the past about inflating his value. He can continue that attack now with specifics. One true billionaire to “another”.

by Anonymousreply 79September 27, 2020 10:18 PM

[quote]in many years, Mr. Trump lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer.

Let that sink in

by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2020 10:20 PM

Of course there's rampant tax evasion, r21.

by Anonymousreply 81September 27, 2020 10:23 PM

Truth be known, the Times has had his returns for weeks and has timed this revelation for just before the first debate. If so, WELL PLAYED NY TIMES!!!

And I have little doubt that there are many more well timed revelations in the works.

by Anonymousreply 82September 27, 2020 10:24 PM

Trump will now lose Texas, Ohio, and Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 83September 27, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote]Trump will now lose Texas, Ohio, and Georgia.

Interestingly, that is EXACTLY the scenario that LeanTossup, which is part of DecisionDeskHQ has been predicting.

by Anonymousreply 84September 27, 2020 10:28 PM

R82 Perhaps, but it probably took months to edit this info. Tons of lawyers and journalists would have to get involved

by Anonymousreply 85September 27, 2020 10:29 PM

People have been saying "Trump is gonna bail" since before he won the 2016 Republican nomination, r42.

Get this through your thick head:

SOCIOPATHS DON'T "BAIL." SOCIOPATHS DON'T QUIT OR STOP.

YOU HAVE TO STOP SOCIOPATHS.

by Anonymousreply 86September 27, 2020 10:29 PM

I meant Dr. Samuel Loomis.

by Anonymousreply 87September 27, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote] Trump will now lose Texas, Ohio, and Georgia.

Why Texas?

by Anonymousreply 88September 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Distraught Miss Lindzey has taken to her fainting couch. I had to fetch her smelling salts and make her a double fuzzy navel and send a gentleman caller home.

by Anonymousreply 89September 27, 2020 10:33 PM

Feels like a good time for a reminder...how does one FAIL with casinos...REPEATEDLY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 27, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote] Biden should focus on the revelation that Trump is funneling millions to Ivanka to avoid paying taxes. And he should focus on Trump owing 400 million in loans, that his businesses are losing tens of millions of dollars a year, that he appears to falsified returns and will likely owe the IRS over 100 million dollars as punishment. Don't focus on the $750.00 he payed... voters will just think that's smart business

This^^^

The Hunter Biden antidote.

by Anonymousreply 91September 27, 2020 10:36 PM

Merv Griffin warned about him in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 92September 27, 2020 10:37 PM

Rosie's Twitter should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 93September 27, 2020 10:38 PM

But he doesn’t take a salary as President so of course he hasn’t paid much in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 94September 27, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] Merv Griffin warned about him in the 70s.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo. I did.

by Anonymousreply 95September 27, 2020 10:39 PM

I'll talk about it, r72.

Anybody who worked in the Trump Organization at management level who isn't a blood relative could have leaked this, because Trump backstabs all of them.

Now, there aren't many people who "work for the Trump Organization at management level" because of the notorious under-bus-throwing and Demented Donald's obvious psycho-idiot behavior.

But after Trump turned on Michael Cohen, all bets are off..

Cohen had these records and Cohen is now trying to destroy Trump. Trump's niece Mary is suing Trump for fraud and had access to many Trump family documents and disclosures. She's also trying to destroy Trump.

Any of Trump's accountants would be subject to Trump's betrayals and exposed to his shady dealings. They could also be worried about their own careers or the well-being of the U.S.A.

In short, we can narrow the leaker down to HUNDREDS of suspects!

by Anonymousreply 96September 27, 2020 10:40 PM

Stephanie Rhule is on the phone at MSNBC ripping Trump. She knows the financial shit and Russian connection.

by Anonymousreply 97September 27, 2020 10:42 PM

Imagine Joe Scarborough tomorrow morning? Better show Joe and have NYT guests.

by Anonymousreply 98September 27, 2020 10:45 PM

I swear, these people would knife each other in the back just to get the opportunity to lick Trump's shit encrusted asshole...

[quote]Stewart Goodwin: How many times are you going to post this? He has excellent accountants.He's not stupid! The goal is to keep your money by following the tax code which ALLOWS you to keep as much as you can. Stir the pot for the uneducated. You guys are so ignorant.

[quote]Jonny Washabi: Yet, somehow, he continues to be one the most effective leaders of our country. No one cares about his taxes...

[quote]Karl Westerhoff: he’s not cheating the system.. he’s following the law.. it’s no different when you pay your taxes throughout the year and are owed a refund.

[quote]Gregory Warner: Question did he break any IRS Laws?

[quote]Thomas Gardner: Don't like the tax code that congress wrote? Pass a flat tax or national sales tax and eliminate the current tax code

[quote]Theresa Worley: Misleading, was that what he owed April 15th? Because you know he paid well over that throughout the year

[quote]Bev Geiger: Well, he didn’t write the tax laws.

[quote]Frances Daniel: What difference does it make what taxes Trump pays. It doesn't matter to me. He is a good President.

[quote]Daisy L Dulick: Great accountant. His/her salary should be doubled. Nothing wrong with that. He has been audited by the IRS since he was elected and apparently they have found nothing wrong with his taxes.

[quote]Betty Lanier Harold: good for him, I just don't see why it is so important for everyone to know his business. never interested me in any of the other presidents.

[quote]Gloria Robertson: A very smart man, or should I say he has a very smart accountant.

[quote]Moe Oliphant: I really don’t care I think that’s great

[quote]Brenda Muir: He gives money to people and charities all the time. Better than the government using it for nonsense

by Anonymousreply 99September 27, 2020 10:49 PM

The Russian troll farm in St. Petersburg is in a tizzy. Boris is confused.

by Anonymousreply 100September 27, 2020 10:49 PM

R86, eat a frozen Bubu Lubu and calm yourself.

He HAS bailed on shit in the past. I’m not saying he’s gonna bail on the presidency, just that he MIGHT bail on the debate.

by Anonymousreply 101September 27, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]Played correctly, this is Trump’s Benghazi moment..

You mean it's nothing r54?

by Anonymousreply 102September 27, 2020 10:51 PM

Betty, Brenda, and Moe, huh?

by Anonymousreply 103September 27, 2020 10:51 PM

That would be so awesome if he pussied out on the debate. He'll probably drop a bomb on Portland as a distraction

by Anonymousreply 104September 27, 2020 10:53 PM

EARLY OCTOBER SURPRISE, BITCHES!

by Anonymousreply 105September 27, 2020 10:57 PM

He still gets to be free and President?

by Anonymousreply 106September 27, 2020 11:00 PM

I wonder where he deposited the check the Republicans wrote him to run for POTUS? Or was the payment laundered into his properties?

by Anonymousreply 107September 27, 2020 11:03 PM

R107 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 108September 27, 2020 11:04 PM

Delusional Trump is already off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 109September 27, 2020 11:08 PM

"He was already doing the press conference as the story broke."

You don't think his spies knew the story was being written? C'mon, man- you underestimate him.

by Anonymousreply 110September 27, 2020 11:13 PM

None of this has any relevance. I am a private banker and the MAJORITY of my clients do not end up paying taxes. It's all about revenue and cash flow when loans are concerned. We really don't care how much tax you pay or don't pay. Do you really think his base understands these complexities? Tax returns only tell a small part of the overall financial picture.

by Anonymousreply 111September 27, 2020 11:14 PM

Donald Trump's lawyer is quoted extensively in the article. Obviously Trump knew it was coming, but you wouldn't know the exact time it was going to be posted.

by Anonymousreply 112September 27, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote] Merv Griffin warned about him in the 70s.

And Jack Nicholson warned Trump, but Trump wouldn’t listen.

by Anonymousreply 113September 27, 2020 11:15 PM

R110 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 114September 27, 2020 11:15 PM

"I'm a private banker!" = New talking points memo has arrived from Svetlana!

by Anonymousreply 115September 27, 2020 11:17 PM

Just want to repeat R80, because it bears repeating:

[quote]in many years, Mr. Trump lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer.

by Anonymousreply 116September 27, 2020 11:17 PM

His massive debt clearly makes him a national security risk. You can also see the Manhattan DA’s case for fraud here.

by Anonymousreply 117September 27, 2020 11:18 PM

Private Banker. Hahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 118September 27, 2020 11:19 PM

"I'm a private banker!!!!"

"SO WHAT?!?!!!!!!"

"I'm a private banker!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 119September 27, 2020 11:20 PM

[quote] “In many years, Mr. Trump lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 27, 2020 11:20 PM

I'm a Private Banker...

A Banker for money...

I'll do anything Putin wants me to do.

Just a Private Banker...

Any old oligarch will do.

by Anonymousreply 121September 27, 2020 11:21 PM

What the hell is a private banker? I'm a public banker, so there. Is English your first language?

by Anonymousreply 122September 27, 2020 11:22 PM

I want to hide a billion dollars

I want to hide out in my daughter's pussy

by Anonymousreply 123September 27, 2020 11:22 PM

In 2016, Trump paid $129,250 more to Stormy Daniels than to the IRS!

by Anonymousreply 124September 27, 2020 11:23 PM

"I am a private banker"

I believe that's what Al Capone's "private banker" told him before they sent him away for tax evasion.

The last fucking person you want to trust concerning your taxes is a god damned banker.

by Anonymousreply 125September 27, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]Moe Oliphant: I really don’t care I think that’s great

LMAO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 27, 2020 11:23 PM

Hey Moe, Hey Moe, Hey Moe!

Nyuck nyuck nyuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 27, 2020 11:24 PM

Wow, what metrics are those commenters using to claim that Trump is a good president?

My takeaway is that his accountants are skilled at moving money around, but that Trump is basically broke.

by Anonymousreply 128September 27, 2020 11:25 PM

Hold me closer, private banker.

by Anonymousreply 129September 27, 2020 11:25 PM

3.....2.......1.... The DL trump sympathizer troll will say " I care more about what he's done with the economy....so this doesn't change anything..." Yet, these trumpturds are ready to butcher anyone on welfare or unemployment benefits, accusing them of "cheating" the system. But it's ok for this fat bastard to cheat the system??

by Anonymousreply 130September 27, 2020 11:25 PM

Only people with brown skin are welfare cheats

by Anonymousreply 131September 27, 2020 11:28 PM

That is the Republican party's trick.

Focus on the mom with dark skin that you think gets too much in food stamps. Pay no attention to the rich people who get away with paying less in taxes than you do.

by Anonymousreply 132September 27, 2020 11:30 PM

Like everything else say says or otherwise provides, his tax return is full of lies. Probably little if anything in it can be trusted as factual. But it’s a great indication of what a cheat and a criminal he is.

by Anonymousreply 133September 27, 2020 11:37 PM

Federal income taxes paid in 2017

Joe Biden - $3,742,974

Kamala Harris - $516,469

Bernie Sanders - $343,882

Elizabeth Warren - $268,484

Donald Trump - $750

by Anonymousreply 134September 27, 2020 11:38 PM

The point isn't so much the low taxes he's paid (cf. Romney) as the breaks he's been getting and, especially, all the evidence that he's broke broke broke and mooching off the system for decades. Anyone with a brain knew it, but now it's being spelled out.

by Anonymousreply 135September 27, 2020 11:45 PM

And yes, Mr. Private Banker, people do care how much he is paying in taxes.

We do not care about the complexities.

We know most of what he did was probably legal.

But we still do not like that he paid no taxes.

(And some of the legal things he did, are going to be things we do not like.)

It is kind of hard to complain about how the government spends it money when you did not contribute....

So no one is going to like this how ever much spin it gets.

by Anonymousreply 136September 27, 2020 11:48 PM

Private banker is a loan shark.

Did Boris mean that?

by Anonymousreply 137September 27, 2020 11:52 PM

PPPPPPAAAAAAYYYYYYWWWWAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 138September 27, 2020 11:52 PM

I paid my taxes.

The post office lost my checks.

by Anonymousreply 139September 27, 2020 11:52 PM

Pays $70,000 per year to get his hair did.

Think about that for a second.

by Anonymousreply 140September 27, 2020 11:54 PM

[Quote]The point isn't so much the low taxes he's paid

I don't know. You can imagine some families in PA or Wisconsin being upset they pay more in income taxes than this "billionaire"

by Anonymousreply 141September 27, 2020 11:55 PM

I pay more in federal taxes in a week than this guy paid all year?

by Anonymousreply 142September 27, 2020 11:59 PM

by Anonymousreply 143September 28, 2020 12:00 AM

R143

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

SPAMMER CUNT FUCK

by Anonymousreply 144September 28, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote]Oh dear, Thanksgiving dinner at the Trump household will be even more awkward than usual!

Especially when they have to pay for it with food stamps.

by Anonymousreply 145September 28, 2020 12:09 AM

One of the biggest things you hear deplorables (and other republicans) talk about is this: "I'm tired of my hard earned money going to pay taxes for this or that for people who don't this or that."

Now, I don't think this news is going to sway the majority of them because they are too far gone. But it might peel off a few who look at this and wonder why someone who says he is a billionaire and he is only paying a pittance compared to Joe Deplorable who is paying much more in taxes on a $50,000 a year salary.

But that one fence sitter or that one shaky deplorable who may have had enough is another vote and one step close to 270 and that's all that matters. We only need to win by inches. Miles would be nice, but whatever gets us over the finish line will work just fine.

by Anonymousreply 146September 28, 2020 12:10 AM

The article said there is more reporting to come in the next couple weeks.

by Anonymousreply 147September 28, 2020 12:16 AM

Fuck Trump! If there is a God, this will be one of the things that finally takes him down in this election.

by Anonymousreply 148September 28, 2020 12:24 AM

[QUOTE] In 2016, Trump paid $129,250 more to Stormy Daniels than to the IRS!

😂 Please God, let Joe Biden use that line in the debate.

by Anonymousreply 149September 28, 2020 12:25 AM

I am Amerikan Private banker as well. And I am a member of the democrat party, so I can say that this is all no true. There is much dirty business going on here, I know. Here in Moscow...uh...Idaho, we are reall Amerikans so we are upset even though I don't like the President and didn't vote for him or will in election. In fact, I don't like choices at all, and will stay home and I think you must do this too. Biden is seenile and would be disaster for country. I love Amerika.

by Anonymousreply 150September 28, 2020 12:40 AM

Biden needs to make it 100%, unequivocally clear that releasing one's tax returns IS NOT DEPENDENT ON THE CONCLUSION OF AN AUDIT! Trump is not being restricted by the IRS to release his tax returns. His hesitancy to do so only highlights there are likely discrepancies. Democrats need to have some balls and destroy the audit excuse once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 151September 28, 2020 12:50 AM

Lifelong Liberal Private Banker Democrat here who voted for Obama twice and Hillary, but senile Biden...

by Anonymousreply 152September 28, 2020 12:50 AM

Biden should make a speech exposing trumps tax fraud and failures

by Anonymousreply 153September 28, 2020 12:53 AM

But senile Trump is just fine, r153?

OK.

by Anonymousreply 154September 28, 2020 12:55 AM

Being personally in debt for 421 mil is a really big deal. That's a lot of leverage entities can have over you.

by Anonymousreply 155September 28, 2020 12:55 AM

R152 You deplorable trolls are getting desperate!

by Anonymousreply 156September 28, 2020 12:56 AM

If you can't tell r152 is sarcasm, I worry for you.

by Anonymousreply 157September 28, 2020 12:58 AM

Trump is so broke that Melania will have to go back to hooking.

by Anonymousreply 158September 28, 2020 1:02 AM

I can’t read the whole thing right now. Does it address the interest in everything? Sometimes that can be more than the original debt. What will the kids do?

by Anonymousreply 159September 28, 2020 1:03 AM

Now I understand why it’s paywalled.

If you have never carried over losses from previous taxes then I guess you’re poor.

by Anonymousreply 160September 28, 2020 1:05 AM

Get fitted for thier prison oranges.

by Anonymousreply 161September 28, 2020 1:05 AM

Do we think this will piss off voters on the fence with Trump? Do you think they will vote for Joe now?

by Anonymousreply 162September 28, 2020 1:06 AM

R160 troll.

by Anonymousreply 163September 28, 2020 1:06 AM

Hillary was right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 28, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote]If you have never carried over losses from previous taxes then I guess you’re poor.

That's some losses to wind up paying $750. Shockingly huge losses. Criminal losses.

by Anonymousreply 165September 28, 2020 1:09 AM

Most of us have probably paid more income taxes than the lying whoremaster Trump.

I'd love to see subpoenas issued for the Jared Kushner family, and Donald Jr. and Eric.

I'd also like to know how much Don. Jr. is paying in child support.

by Anonymousreply 166September 28, 2020 1:19 AM

$750? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 167September 28, 2020 1:21 AM

I feel a song coming on ... (No matter what happens, Toto has pulled the curtain from behind "Professor Marvel").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 28, 2020 1:21 AM

What a terrible businessman he is, with so many bankruptcies and losses each year

by Anonymousreply 169September 28, 2020 1:22 AM

I heard this on the NBC Evening News and thought, "YIPEE!!"

I got a kick out of the clip of him being asked about this at the press conference, and some female (MSNBC?) reporter asked a follow-up question to what another reporter asked, and the president got all huffy and snapped at her, lecturing her about what a "rude, rude person" she was to the previous reporter who asked a question. And I thought, "Oh, the irony!"

I can't believe Bay Huey is still hiding behind the "my taxes are under audit" claim, even though, as was said on the news, he could have still released his taxes anyway. Plus if the info in the Times is incorrect as he claims, why can't he provide the corrected version. Because their info is accurate, it's like he's back himself in a corner with no way out.

I don't believe in God or an afterlife, but there's a part of me that would like to think RBG is pulling some major strings Up Above.

by Anonymousreply 170September 28, 2020 1:23 AM

Thanks for nothing New York times. The phrase " closing the barn door after the horse has fled" comes to mind. Where was their intrepid Journalism when it most mattered? Oh right, it was focused on Hilarys' e -mails and the shocking news that the Clinton family are sometimes paid for speeches. The cynic in me thinks that Sulzburger and co are finally starting to realize the extent of the widespread revulsion towards their enabling of the right over the last twenty years and are desperately trying to fix their reputation. Too late pigs, you've shown your true colors.

by Anonymousreply 171September 28, 2020 1:26 AM

R171, you have to consider that maybe they only recently acquired a source for the documents.

by Anonymousreply 172September 28, 2020 1:28 AM

Trump apparently paid over $15k in Panama, $145k in India, and $157 k in the Philippines for taxes.

But only $750 in the US.

America First!!

by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2020 1:29 AM

Broke ass bitch

by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2020 1:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2020 1:30 AM

R171 is so wise. And always right. And so invested in letting us know.

We are so lucky to have her here, so reliably reporting her brilliant insights.

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2020 1:30 AM

R96 - It's like Murder on the Orient Express: EVERYONE did it.

[quote]Imagine Joe Scarborough tomorrow morning?

The poor guy is probably hyperventilating as we type. I suspect that tomorrow, he'll go into such a long rant, not even Willie Geist will be able to get a word in edgewise until after the first commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2020 1:34 AM

[Quote]Is Trump an anomaly, or are thousands and thousands of other "smart businessmen" doing this too?

Trump is an anomaly. It is common of course for rich people to use tricks to minimize their tax burden.

But the losses he has to report to go years and years not paying any taxes is staggering. Like the article says, Trump reports that he loses more money than basically any other American taxpayer.

According to his tax returns, he is the worst businessman on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 178September 28, 2020 1:34 AM

R172 You also have to consider that the Trumpeltons knew this was coming. I have no doubt the TIMES checked in with them shortly before publication.

Fuck Thanksgiving dinner. Sunday dinner today can't have been much fun.

by Anonymousreply 179September 28, 2020 1:35 AM

Can someone help meez sit up OnlyFans page? Must beez some old geeezers with thing for former varsity lady pooosey. Zackie Kennedy had big bush- I is very smooth.

by Anonymousreply 180September 28, 2020 1:36 AM

Look for a disgruntled IRS employee to be led out of the building tomorrow in handcuffs.

by Anonymousreply 181September 28, 2020 1:37 AM

The bestest part about all this is he is broke and in hock up to his eyeballs...that should remove any doubt of his success and expose him as the con man he is

by Anonymousreply 182September 28, 2020 1:39 AM

NYT says it obtained its information legally, r181. It doesn't sound like they have Trump's literall tax returns. They have all the documentation from which the tax returns were assembled.

by Anonymousreply 183September 28, 2020 1:43 AM

And imagine how much he's looted from the US Treasury while he's the POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 184September 28, 2020 1:44 AM

I wonder if Melania is packing her bags now that she learns he has no real money.

by Anonymousreply 185September 28, 2020 1:44 AM

Up Schitt's Creek:

"With “The Apprentice” revenue declining, Mr. Trump has absorbed the losses partly through one-time financial moves that may not be available to him again.

In 2012, he took out a $100 million mortgage on the commercial space in Trump Tower. He has also sold hundreds of millions worth of stock and bonds. But his financial records indicate that he may have as little as $873,000 left to sell.

He will soon face several major bills that could put further pressure on his finances.

He appears to have paid off none of the principal of the Trump Tower mortgage, and the full $100 million comes due in 2022. And if he loses his dispute with the I.R.S. over the 2010 refund, he could owe the government more than $100 million (including interest on the original amount).

He is personally on the hook for some of these bills.

In the 1990s, Mr. Trump nearly ruined himself by personally guaranteeing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans, and he has since said that he regretted doing so. But he has taken the same step again, his tax records show. He appears to be responsible for loans totaling $421 million, most of which is coming due within four years.

Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president. Whether he wins or loses, he will probably need to find new ways to use his brand — and his popularity among tens of millions of Americans — to make money."

by Anonymousreply 186September 28, 2020 1:47 AM

Troll R186.

by Anonymousreply 187September 28, 2020 1:55 AM

R105 The September Surprise is the new October Surprise.

People have already begun to vote. The seriously damning bad news (for him; it's good news for democracy) has to come out now. And it would seem it has begun.

Expect more on this and other - perhaps worse? - subjects in the next week or ten days.

by Anonymousreply 188September 28, 2020 2:00 AM

It might resonate with deplorables that he paid more in taxes to foreign countries than he did here. Might.

by Anonymousreply 189September 28, 2020 2:08 AM

R181 Or a Joint Committee on Taxation staffer being carried out of the Ford House Office Building on the shoulders of his colleagues to cheering on the steps of the United States Capitol...

"His total federal income tax refund would eventually grow to $70.1 million, plus $2,733,184 in interest. He also received $21.2 million in state and local refunds, which often piggyback on federal filings. Whether Mr. Trump gets to keep the cash, though, remains far from a sure thing. Refunds require the approval of I.R.S. auditors and an opinion of the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, a bipartisan panel better known for reviewing the impact of tax legislation. Tax law requires the committee to weigh in on all refunds larger than $2 million to individuals.

Records show that the results of an audit of Mr. Trump’s refund were sent to the joint committee in the spring of 2011. An agreement was reached in late 2014, the documents indicate, but the audit resumed and grew to include Mr. Trump’s returns for 2010 through 2013. In the spring of 2016, with Mr. Trump closing in on the Republican nomination, the case was sent back to the committee. It has remained there, unresolved, with the statute of limitations repeatedly pushed forward. Precisely why the case has stalled is not clear. But experts say it suggests that the gap between the sides remains wide. If negotiations were to deadlock, the case would move to federal court, where it could become a matter of public record.

House Democrats who have been in hot pursuit of Mr. Trump’s tax returns most likely have no idea that at least some of the records are sitting in a congressional office building. George Yin, a former chief of staff for the joint committee, said that any identifying information about taxpayers under review was tightly held among a handful of staff lawyers and was rarely shared with politicians assigned to the committee."

by Anonymousreply 190September 28, 2020 2:12 AM

Will this pull away the devout Trumpistas? No.

But it sure ain't gonna win over those 5 undecided voters out there.

The only way he wins this election is if he seizes ballots.

by Anonymousreply 191September 28, 2020 2:12 AM

[QUOTE] The only way he wins this election is if he seizes ballots.

He will. He’s said he will.

by Anonymousreply 192September 28, 2020 2:18 AM

I like the part in the times when tRUmp paid almost a million to his own daughter for consulting.

Money laundering

by Anonymousreply 193September 28, 2020 2:25 AM

Related?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 28, 2020 2:26 AM

Maybe the hoax Covid went to his brain?

Slim pickings there, to be sure, but what the fuck, when the Drudge Report is trashing Trump as "The Fake Billionaire" things might be looking dicey for Brad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 28, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote] The only way he wins this election is if he seizes ballots.

[quote] He will. He’s said he will.

Yes, but that was before he had his ass handed to him for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 196September 28, 2020 2:32 AM

As has been said a bunch, this will make little difference to core MAGA world. On Twitter and other sites they say: 1) it proves he's a smart businessman and 2) it's fake news, not true.

The same people are saying both things - there is no use thinking or hoping it moves them at all.

The longer lasting damage is.... he's broke. He's really broke. This could undermine his image with a very few suburban voters in swing states who are still not sure.... law and order and abortion took them back to Trump a little... this could stem that bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 197September 28, 2020 2:33 AM

Again, nobody expects at this point that anything will move those maga cultists of his. But according to the polls he's already losing this election, this article will not help him any either.

by Anonymousreply 198September 28, 2020 2:37 AM

???? --- A large, seemingly heavy box was wheeled into the White House. Shredding bin? Coffin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 28, 2020 2:39 AM

Looks like a coffin, R199.

by Anonymousreply 200September 28, 2020 2:41 AM

Fuck his supporters. We don’t need them. But we need Trump to keep losing news cycles, and Monday will be another bad day for him.

And every bad day for Trump is a good day for Joe Biden. When it comes to presidential campaigns, especially in the last month, your goal is to win the day. Once Biden gives a solid performance in the debate on Tuesday, he might win the entire week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 28, 2020 2:41 AM

That's just Rudy's crypt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 28, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote] The longer lasting damage is.... he's broke. He's really broke. This could undermine his image with a very few suburban voters in swing states who are still not sure.... law and order and abortion took them back to Trump a little... this could stem that bleeding.

Your focus is that of a high school drop out. Image, suburban voters, blah, blah, blah...

trump is in deep shit and has virtually no time to save his own ass. And don't start on Pence, pardons,etc... The tax returns bring him that much closer to SDNY, AGNY. His base may not change their mind but trump is in way over his head. Catering to whims is a waste of his time and anyone connected to his treasonous acts.

by Anonymousreply 203September 28, 2020 2:46 AM

Biden's team has already released their first ad about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204September 28, 2020 2:48 AM

Former Trump Campaign Manager hospitalized after suicide attempt. What the fuck is going on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 28, 2020 2:53 AM

Everything and everyone Trump touches dies.

by Anonymousreply 206September 28, 2020 2:55 AM

R205, Meet R194

Brad Parscale, prepare to meet your maker.

He's being held under Florida's Baker Act: involuntary commitment of people who could harm themselves or others.

by Anonymousreply 207September 28, 2020 2:58 AM

R207 most people don’t blindly click links. Include headline summary in post, Datalounge Rule #69.

by Anonymousreply 208September 28, 2020 3:01 AM

R203 Dropout, as a noun, is one word.

I wasn't clear, perhaps. I meant the longer lasting , or better said the more likely impact on the election before is is not have anyone worried about his shady, even illegal financial dealings... I think 99% of the country assumed this was true anyway. But some of his "power" for some supporters in his bigger than life, richer than anyone persona. I think his appearing weak/broke could influence the level of his support among some constituencies.

As far as his legal jeopardy going forward.... that's complicated and unknown. My own guess is that Joe will pardon those things in his power to pardon, in the name of healing the national wounds. Local jurisdiction, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 209September 28, 2020 3:04 AM

The Mooch on Twitter:

Trump knows it’s over. Let’s see how far he goes to cheat. If he loses many in this admin go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 210September 28, 2020 3:12 AM

Rick Wilson throws immaculate gayesque shade, complete with a sassy GIF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 28, 2020 3:16 AM

Here’s my question: if Trump was the single biggest loser tax-wise in the entire United States of America for decades, how were his taxes (personal, business and his family’s) not audited to the point of no return and these issues discovered years ago? There is, in my opinion, something much deeper and larger looming in this whole mess. Some people high up have obviously protected him for a long time. I expect alot is going to come out soon that will rock this nation to the core.

by Anonymousreply 212September 28, 2020 3:18 AM

STUNT QUEEN. STUNT QUEEN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Forbes writer Dan Alexander breaks down Cheeto's various known debts, which total more than $1 billion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214September 28, 2020 3:26 AM

[quote] Rick Wilson throws immaculate gayesque shade, complete with a sassy GIF

I follow Louise M., Claude T., Laufer, Dena G., Molly J. They tweet good stuff. I read Rick W frequently but don't follow him.

I don't type their entire name as I'll be accused of schilling for them.

by Anonymousreply 215September 28, 2020 3:28 AM

Well then! Guess Dumpie really is a billionaire - in reverse.

by Anonymousreply 216September 28, 2020 3:31 AM

Front page of Monday's New York Times:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 28, 2020 3:41 AM

It's hard to determine from the NYT articles whether they have the actual returns or not. "The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks."

This is the disclaimer, which is important, and I direct everyone to the last sentence: "By their very nature, the filings will leave many questions unanswered, many questioners unfulfilled. They comprise information that Mr. Trump has disclosed to the I.R.S., not the findings of an independent financial examination. They report that Mr. Trump owns hundreds of millions of dollars in valuable assets, but they do not reveal his true wealth. Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia."

As to the source, the Editor's Note says: "We are not making the records themselves public because we do not want to jeopardize our sources, who have taken enormous personal risks to help inform the public."

by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote]I don't type their entire name as I'll be accused of schilling for them.

OK, I'll just accuse you of being unable to spell SHILLING.

by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] As to the source, the Editor's Note says: "We are not making the records themselves public because we do not want to jeopardize our sources, who have taken enormous personal risks to help inform the public."

Tiffany, Marla and a thumb drive?

by Anonymousreply 220September 28, 2020 3:44 AM

I wonder if we'll get any comments from Republican senators ... especially the ones in tight election races.

by Anonymousreply 221September 28, 2020 3:44 AM

R221 We haven’t read it.

by Anonymousreply 222September 28, 2020 3:46 AM

Even Nixon released his tax returns.

by Anonymousreply 223September 28, 2020 3:54 AM

The D's message for the next six weeks has to highlight the Republican's hypocrisy on his taxes and his SCOTUS pick and his criminality and paint the Republicans not just as enablers, but as participants - if only by their inaction and refusal to admit that black is not white and up is not down - and to vote them out.

by Anonymousreply 224September 28, 2020 3:56 AM

I say this as a big lefty but I hate how my moral standards get in the way of a good gag -- making fun of Trump for being a Poor Person is juicy meat, turn him into a laughing stock which is exactly what he's been so desperate to uncover... this is the stuff he'll get defensive about! But then the lefty part of me feels kinda shitty making fun of poor people.

by Anonymousreply 225September 28, 2020 3:56 AM

There is another very interesting article in today's NYT, called "Trump Wants to Discredit the Election. This Nerd Could Stop Him." Here's an excerpt:

"But there are pockets [at Fox] where traditionalists cling to fading norms.

One of those pockets is a new office on the third floor of Fox’s headquarters on the Avenue of the Americas in Manhattan, known by employees as the “nerdquarium.” That’s where a prickly, bespectacled 65-year-old named Arnon Mishkin and his staff of data-crunching wonks will come to work on Election Day. And this Nov. 3, Mr. Mishkin may be the last bulwark against the most frightening prophecies of electoral insanity.

Mr. Mishkin runs Fox News’s “decision desk,” the team responsible for telling Fox viewers — also known as Donald Trump’s base — who won the election. The team and its sister polling unit are among the few endeavors at Fox that have proven immune to the president’s takeover of the network. Mr. Mishkin is a straight shooter — a registered Democrat who told me he voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, and is paid as a consultant, not as a Fox employee.

“There will be no one putting their finger on the scale in either direction,” he told me with matter-of-fact confidence in an interview on Friday from his Upper West Side home...

Many of Mr. Mishkin’s friends and business partners [at Boston Consulting] told me they had no idea he was even at Fox until election night 2012, when an unexpected and memorable drama unfolded on air: Karl Rove, a Fox commentator, was emphatically objecting to the decision desk’s call that Barack Obama would win Ohio, and thus, be re-elected. As Mr. Rove fulminated, an anchor, Megyn Kelly, walked off the set, cameras in tow, down a long corridor to Mr. Mishkin’s operation, and demanded to know if he was confident in his call.

An unwavering if not-quite-camera ready Mr. Mishkin, his hands in his pockets, calmly pronounced himself “99.95 percent” certain that Mr. Obama had won. Fox stuck with his call — and with reality."

The whole article is worth reading if you can get past the paywall. It paints a picture of Fox News that is maybe not what you expect (not politically, organizationally).

by Anonymousreply 226September 28, 2020 3:57 AM

In the first debate, Joe should hand Dump a dollar to "help him out."

by Anonymousreply 227September 28, 2020 3:58 AM

Just in time for the debates! He is a fucking moron and so BAD with money. I like the part where they explain depreciation which is his go to on why he has negative income.

by Anonymousreply 228September 28, 2020 3:59 AM

[quote] By their very nature, the filings will leave many questions unanswered, many questioners unfulfilled. They comprise information that Mr. Trump has disclosed to the I.R.S.

According to Anderson Cooper after the story broke the NYT story is based on information Trump's team disclosed to the IRS as part of the audit. So it may be someone on Trump's team (accountant, for example) who divulged this information.

by Anonymousreply 229September 28, 2020 4:02 AM

This is not unique, using clever deductions.

I paid $0 in federal income tax for 2016.

by Anonymousreply 230September 28, 2020 4:05 AM

Thumb-faced Trump acolyte Charlie Kirk inadvertently confirms that the story is accurate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 28, 2020 4:06 AM

[quote]This is not unique, using clever deductions.

Paying nothing for years and years and years is unique.

by Anonymousreply 232September 28, 2020 4:09 AM

Meanwhile, Breitfart and Russia's bot farm are desperately trying to deflect by accusing Squad member Ilhan Omar of being involved in a ballot harvesting "scandal" uncovered in some verkakte "investigation" by -- wait for it -- Project Veritas!

Of course, this'll go nowhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233September 28, 2020 4:11 AM

r230 I don't think that's fair and I think you are a piece of shit. Why not put your penny in the pot like the rest of us so we can fix our damn infrastructure and have good education and good social services, you fucking twat? Very greedy and rude. Keep it all for yourself while living in a country you do nothing to contribute towards.

by Anonymousreply 234September 28, 2020 4:12 AM

[quote] Thumb-faced Trump acolyte Charlie Kirk inadvertently confirms that the story is accurate.

Was it inadvertent or was he paving the way for a mass exodus?

by Anonymousreply 235September 28, 2020 4:12 AM

He’s really fucked. He’s probably blown through his personal funds, the inheritance is gone and Daddy can’t save him. He can’t refinance those properties because he can’t obtain new financing due to insolvent assets and overextension of credit, there is so much heat on Deutsche Bank they can’t even lend to him anymore. The properties will be in foreclosure by 2023. He probably moved his residence to Florida for the homestead protection laws, so if the house of cards fall he can claim Mar-A-Lago as his primary residence and at least retain that property along with protection from the Republican state government. I think you’ll see him flee to MAL first, then when shit gets really bad to Saudi Arabia, like when he & Ivanka are about to be extradited to NY. I don’t think Russia would be the smart move and they know that, because Putin is too quick to get rid of unnecessary liabilities.

by Anonymousreply 236September 28, 2020 4:13 AM

More Rick Wilson goodness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 28, 2020 4:14 AM

[quote] I think you’ll see him flee to MAL first

The Maldives?

by Anonymousreply 238September 28, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote] then when shit gets really bad to Saudi Arabia

¡Venga a los Emiratos Árabes Unidos! Bienvenido hermano Donald.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239September 28, 2020 4:20 AM

I’m your private banker, a banker for money. I’ll do what you want me to do.

by Anonymousreply 240September 28, 2020 4:21 AM

R238 Mar-A-Lago acronym

by Anonymousreply 241September 28, 2020 4:22 AM

[quote]I think you’ll see him flee to MAL first

If he shows up in the Hyatt Regency lobby wearing a leather harness and chaps, I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 242September 28, 2020 4:23 AM

R240, are you also R121?

by Anonymousreply 243September 28, 2020 4:24 AM

Thank you, Barney at R241.

by Anonymousreply 244September 28, 2020 4:24 AM

Do’s anyones know gud deevorces aturney? Me not like orange coutures so no want to wear everyday.

by Anonymousreply 245September 28, 2020 4:25 AM

Re: who gave up Donald's tax returns, It had to be Mary Trump, no? Marla and her daughter are not that clever. Or some IRS guy gave it to someone in one of the pertinent Democratic Committee's investigating Donald.... Somehow, it doesn't feel funny anymore. Actually, it's pretty sad. For America, not Trump.

by Anonymousreply 246September 28, 2020 4:29 AM

His supporters won't give a shit. It's very delightful for the rest of us though.

by Anonymousreply 247September 28, 2020 4:43 AM

R234, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 248September 28, 2020 4:59 AM

[quote]Which is why Trump ran for President in the first place. It was a way to raise his popularity among the right and turn that into a much needed revenue stream. He never expected to actually win.

Bingo R44, I've been saying for quite some time that Dump had little idea about all the hacking by Putin in 2016. Dump only wanted some business deals and some promotion mileage out of his presidential campaign. But then Putin blackmailed him into doing his bidding, weakening NATO and the EU, because Putin had major kompromat on Dump and Dump was millions in dept to Russian oligarchs.

Both the GOP and Putin have several things in common, they love an oligarchy and dirty money in politics AND they hated Hillary, because she's a very powerful democrat with wide reaching international connections. You can't con a Clinton, they are movers and shakers. Both Bill and Hillary know how to avoid the pitfalls.

So the GOP asked Putin to help damaging Hillary with influencing social media, with hacking voting machines, Putin asked Bernie and Stein to be spoilers. I'm still trying to figure out Comey's motives for what he did. It took A LOT to bring Hillary down in 2016, but when history books are written the truth will come out.

German news channel DW had a documentary about the Trump - Clinton election where several oligarchs close to Putin were interviewed. One called Dump a madman and Hillary a bad witch and that it's easier to deal with a madman than a witch. They never denied that they got involved in the election and who they preferred.

by Anonymousreply 249September 28, 2020 5:02 AM

Hasn’t the entire administration been looting the federal coffers since day one? I’m sure there are 100s of millions of our taxpayer dollars set aside for him somewhere. Or he can ask Ivanka for a loan. She and Jared pull in something like $100 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 250September 28, 2020 5:04 AM

It's strange how he got the Old Post Office site for his hotel. He was not the lowest bidder and for the numbers to work, they depended on charging $750/night for rooms. Hyatt and Hilton even wrote a letter of protest after Trump was selected and they were not.

by Anonymousreply 251September 28, 2020 5:07 AM

I think Dump with be headed to the bunker with a gun threatening suicide.

by Anonymousreply 252September 28, 2020 5:08 AM

Jared deleted all of his tweets this evening. Not suspicious at all!

by Anonymousreply 253September 28, 2020 5:11 AM

The New Yorker:

reminder that Trump’s personal loan officer at Deutsche Bank was SCOTUS Justice Kennedy’s son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 28, 2020 5:11 AM

r254 quit posting the same shit on two different threads.

by Anonymousreply 255September 28, 2020 5:25 AM

[quote] His supporters won't give a shit.

TYCO

by Anonymousreply 256September 28, 2020 5:33 AM

Trump won't bail on the debates — they're his only chance to improve his poll numbers.

by Anonymousreply 257September 28, 2020 5:38 AM

Trump is a nightmare in a debate. He lies and talks over people.

by Anonymousreply 258September 28, 2020 5:47 AM

In case R255 forgot what R254 posted:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259September 28, 2020 5:54 AM

If Trump cheats his way to re election, he’ll be killed Someone will shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 260September 28, 2020 5:58 AM

He iThe violence is all right wing, White Supremacist in actions a grifter and a loser, certainly not a smart business man.

by Anonymousreply 261September 28, 2020 5:59 AM

r197 = Boris

Polls prove that cries for "law and order" and abortion benefited BIDEN, BLM and Democrats, not Trump and his Deplorables!

ESPECIALLY in the suburbs! Most suburban women do NOT want to lose their reproductive rights to Republican cretins and rapists on the Supreme Court.

Please F&F r197, it's deliberate Fake News and disinformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 28, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote] This is not unique, using clever deductions. I paid $0 in federal income tax for 2016.

Are you also the biggest money loser in the country? and did you pay $0 in federal income tax every year for over a decade, and did you also commit bank and tax fraud and launder money?

Please tell us more about how not unique Trump’s cleverness is.

by Anonymousreply 263September 28, 2020 6:10 AM

Trump should be disqualified from running again and removed from the ticket immediately. His debts to foreign banks alone are a security risk. He lied his way into office and has never stopped lying since. He needs to get out of the White House NOW!!

He's been scamming the system and since January 2017 he's been living in the White House on OUR dime. Traveling the globe, visiting his golf courses, housed and fed at OUR expense. Off with his Head!

by Anonymousreply 264September 28, 2020 6:13 AM

The “consultants” are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii."

Hawaii? Are those investigators still finding unbelievable things about Obama's birth certificate? Is there nothing these cockroaches haven't lied about?

Oh, and Ivanka is still a feckless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 265September 28, 2020 6:14 AM

Correction: [quote]The “consultants” are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii."

Hawaii? Are those investigators still finding unbelievable things about Obama's birth certificate? Is there nothing these cockroaches haven't lied about?

Oh, and Ivanka is still a feckless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 266September 28, 2020 6:14 AM

What did merv griffin say @R92?

by Anonymousreply 267September 28, 2020 6:28 AM

What is the FBI's involvement in all this and Comey? They should have prevented Dump ever becoming a presidential candidate! This is all so dirty and reaches wider than just Dump, Barr, MoscowMitch and the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 268September 28, 2020 6:30 AM

R267, this is for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 28, 2020 6:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 28, 2020 6:45 AM

Like many have already said - none of this will change anything.

Dump could shit on the flag, wipe his sizable ass with it and then set it on fire and the deplorables would say it was performance art with a deep and well-meant message and carry on as usual.

At least we know for sure now why he hid his tax records. First American President to ever have done so. What a grifter and a bad businessman. He will probably declare bankruptcy for the 7th time shortly.

These tax and bankruptcy laws need to be changed so people like Dump can't do this anymore. And there are plenty more of them out there.

by Anonymousreply 271September 28, 2020 6:55 AM

R4 & R5 It's the gift that will (hopefully) keep on giving! And just in time for the election!

by Anonymousreply 272September 28, 2020 6:59 AM

Right-wing cockroaches...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273September 28, 2020 7:01 AM

The risk is not that Putin and his oligarchs will foreclose on him for $491,000,000 he personally owes.

The risk is what he’ll give them so they won’t.

by Anonymousreply 274September 28, 2020 7:11 AM

Broke ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 275September 28, 2020 7:12 AM

What a fraud and an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 276September 28, 2020 7:23 AM

Trump Cultists would follow Trump into a volcano.

by Anonymousreply 277September 28, 2020 7:27 AM

Trump had LadyG caddy for him a bunch of times at real taxpayers' expense.

by Anonymousreply 278September 28, 2020 7:28 AM

When does Trump Tower get repossessed?

by Anonymousreply 279September 28, 2020 7:31 AM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 28, 2020 7:34 AM

The legit wealthy will not have any of the Trumps at any of their high society gathering going forward. Most of them disdained Trump going back decades.

by Anonymousreply 281September 28, 2020 7:34 AM

What's Trump's FICO score?

by Anonymousreply 282September 28, 2020 7:38 AM

New swag from the Biden-Harris online shop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283September 28, 2020 7:38 AM

[quote]Trump Cultists would follow Trump into a volcano.

And a lot of them are incels, so virgins! YUM

by Anonymousreply 284September 28, 2020 7:39 AM

Broke, stupid, lies, deadbeat, grabs pussy, and loves to be peed on by HOs.

Trump IS a MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 285September 28, 2020 7:41 AM

[quote] Like many have already said - none of this will change anything.

You know there are soft Trump supporters, right? Swing voters? Swing state independents? Women who voted for him in 2016 because they didn’t trust Hillary? The electorate is made up of more than just hardcore Deplorables and true blue Democrats. Polls shift a little this way and that way in those states, from week to week.

To say with such confidence that “none of this will change anything” is to insist that there are no undecideds left. There are.

by Anonymousreply 286September 28, 2020 7:43 AM

You forgot "racist and bigoted trash"

by Anonymousreply 287September 28, 2020 7:43 AM

Trump claimed 70K for hair care!!

Trump as usual may escape the consequences of his many criminal activities but if I was his barber I'd be worried about a visit from the IRS.

They'll be after the barber before they turn their attention to the Trump Crime Family.

by Anonymousreply 288September 28, 2020 7:50 AM

You can get a New York Times subscription for $1.00 per week. Offer is good for one year. I can't wait to read the upcoming revalations.

by Anonymousreply 289September 28, 2020 7:56 AM

And Hatch Actor, Kellyanne, ain't around anymore to spiin any of this shit for DJT.

by Anonymousreply 290September 28, 2020 8:00 AM

I am wondering if Melania had any clue to the situation she was in. If she was in the dark, she could have been planning on making major cash after divorcing Trump after the election. This should shake her up - or - she may have been quietly salting money away. The Trump adult children are toast.

by Anonymousreply 291September 28, 2020 8:04 AM

[quote]none of this will change anything

We have to make it change everything.

by Anonymousreply 292September 28, 2020 8:10 AM

R288 "Trump claimed 70K for hair care!!"

He pays 70K to look like that? I would pay 70K NOT to look like that....

by Anonymousreply 293September 28, 2020 8:13 AM

[quote]I am wondering if Melania had any clue to the situation she was in.

Either she signed a joint tax return or she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 294September 28, 2020 8:31 AM

He's too broke to pay off her prenup.

by Anonymousreply 295September 28, 2020 8:49 AM

r288. Dumps "barber" was Ivanka. This stuff is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 296September 28, 2020 8:59 AM

If it's "fake news", why doesn't he sue the times?

by Anonymousreply 297September 28, 2020 9:08 AM

Trump's so broke that "moving day" from the WH will be kicking a can down the street

And yes, I think it will be staggering when the US taxpayers start to see the amounts the Dump family stole from the Treasury & how they sold out this country to the Russians, Saudis and who knows the fuck else to fund their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 298September 28, 2020 9:30 AM

While everyone's trying to figure out who gave Donald's tax returns to the Times, I'm picturing Tiffany driving in a convertible with a box labeled "TAXES" sitting in the passenger seat.

While "Bittersweet Symphony" plays on the radio, of course.

by Anonymousreply 299September 28, 2020 9:32 AM

[quote] Like many have already said - none of this will change anything.

The thing is that people have moved on a long time ago trying to convince Deplorables that they are wrong. These days it's all about hyping the Liberals with such news. See r283 what such news are good for now.

Energizing the Liberal base, that's where it's at. And Donald keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 300September 28, 2020 9:42 AM

I gave taxes money records to news. I'm true patriot.

by Anonymousreply 301September 28, 2020 9:45 AM

[quote]If it's "fake news", why doesn't he sue the times?

Bill Barr is on it.

by Anonymousreply 302September 28, 2020 10:11 AM

If Bill Barr is smart he's planning his exit strategy.

by Anonymousreply 303September 28, 2020 10:15 AM

[quote] If Bill Barr is smart he's planning his exit strategy.

It better involves a slip 'n slide, because no way Barr can run fast enough to escape anyone.

by Anonymousreply 304September 28, 2020 10:20 AM

His denial makes him seem even more delusional, or dishonest, than usual. I'm sure the NYtimes went over this article 100 times with best lawyers scanning every single detail cover to cover. This story is the nail in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 305September 28, 2020 10:28 AM

If Bill Barr is smart he's planning his exit strategy.

Bill Barr is a religious zealot; he fancies himself a crusader for the white religious, so he's probably try to cook up some way to convict the IRS for something as retaliation. He will not go quietly

by Anonymousreply 306September 28, 2020 10:54 AM

His tax returns appear to indicate he's playing a desperate shell game that he's quickly losing. I hope someone's keeping track of the White House silverware (and I say that only half jokingly...).

by Anonymousreply 307September 28, 2020 11:19 AM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 308September 28, 2020 11:32 AM

I love it - if there's anything Trump would hate the most it's being called "broke". This will throw him off his *game* for sure.

by Anonymousreply 309September 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Savage tweet: Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 12h Hardest hit in this story of Trump being broke: Melania.

@FLOTUS ....he can't even pay the settlement from the prenup.

Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 310September 28, 2020 11:50 AM

Mark my words: IF Bill Barr comments on this story, it will solely be done to threaten the source with prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 311September 28, 2020 11:54 AM

Don't forget that the new tax law made it illegal for independent contractors (like me, and virtually everyone in the performing arts) to take any of those deductions. Even though I legitimately am my own employer and need to do things like travel and buy clothes and get haircuts, I don't get to write any of it off anymore. Gas to get to a job out of state? That's on me. But if I had a plane? Then I could write off the expense.

It's not about what his supporters will think. It's to get absolutely everybody else as disgusted with him as possible. And this is the one thing he actually cares about so crucify him over it. Yeah we all know he's a criminal but now we have the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 312September 28, 2020 11:59 AM

he's a serial criminal

by Anonymousreply 313September 28, 2020 12:13 PM

The source was probably his own accounting firm Mazar

by Anonymousreply 314September 28, 2020 12:16 PM

Fat, old, micro peen, broke. Sucks to be Cheeto.

by Anonymousreply 315September 28, 2020 12:17 PM

I can't wait for the Deutsche Bank shit to leak.

by Anonymousreply 316September 28, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote]Jared deleted all of his tweets this evening. Not suspicious at all!

Yashar Ali says this fake news. There are not tweets because Jared has never tweeted anything.

by Anonymousreply 317September 28, 2020 12:26 PM

jared is likely just as much a tax scofflaw

by Anonymousreply 318September 28, 2020 12:35 PM

He is such a terrible businessman. Rather than getting rid of ventures that are losing money, he keeps dumping more money into them and taking out loans. He has sold off practically all of his liquid assets for naught.

I want to know exactly how much he has in liquid/semiliquid assets. The answer is clearly very little money.

by Anonymousreply 319September 28, 2020 12:35 PM

CNN's Alisyn Camerota posited that one of the reasons Trump has downplayed the coronavirus to the public is that his failing hotels, golf courses and other properties desperately need the business that an honest assessment of the virus would choke off.

by Anonymousreply 320September 28, 2020 12:41 PM

Nixon was a President who became a criminal.

Fat Nixon was a criminal who became a President.

by Anonymousreply 321September 28, 2020 12:44 PM

very possible that he is so selfish

by Anonymousreply 322September 28, 2020 12:45 PM

Trump is always proclaiming how great the economy is (well, before corona) and by economy, he meant the stock market, not actual people working two jobs for minimum wage and no health insurance. So it was interesting to read that he actually cashed out most of his stock before he took office. Not because of any conflict of interest principles but because he needed the money to pay off something else. So he has not benefited from the continuation of Obama’s economic recovery. Have I figured that out right?

by Anonymousreply 323September 28, 2020 12:46 PM

If anyone deserved impeachment and removal it's him.

by Anonymousreply 324September 28, 2020 12:49 PM

He's not the man to hold your trust

Everything he touches turns to dust

In his hands

Nothing he can do is right

He'd even like to sleep at night

But he can't

He's King Midas with a curse

He's King Midas in reverse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 28, 2020 12:50 PM

Times editor on why they published the story:

Today we are publishing the results of an examination of decades of personal and corporate tax records for President Trump and his businesses in the United States and abroad. The records stretch from his days as a high-profile New York real estate investor through the beginning of his time in the White House.

A team of New York Times reporters has pored over this information to assemble the most comprehensive picture of the president’s finances and business dealings to date, and we will continue our reporting and publish additional articles about our findings in the weeks ahead. We are not making the records themselves public because we do not want to jeopardize our sources, who have taken enormous personal risks to help inform the public.

We are publishing this report because we believe citizens should understand as much as possible about their leaders and representatives — their priorities, their experiences and also their finances. Every president since the mid-1970s has made his tax information public. The tradition ensures that an official with the power to shake markets and change policy does not seek to benefit financially from his actions.

Mr. Trump, one of the wealthiest presidents in the nation’s history, has broken with that practice. As a candidate and as president, Mr. Trump has said he wanted to make his tax returns public, but he has never done so. In fact, he has fought relentlessly to hide them from public view and has falsely asserted that he could not release them because he was being audited by the Internal Revenue Service. More recently, Mr. Trump and the Justice Department have fought subpoenas from congressional and New York State investigators seeking his taxes and other financial records.

Our latest findings build on our previous reporting about the president’s finances. The records show a significant gap between what Mr. Trump has said to the public and what he has disclosed to federal tax authorities over many years. They also underscore why citizens would want to know about their president’s finances: Mr. Trump’s businesses appear to have benefited from his position, and his far-flung holdings have created potential conflicts between his own financial interests and the nation’s diplomatic interests.

The reporters who examined these records have been covering the president’s finances and taxes for almost four years. Their work on this and other projects was guided by Paul Fishleder, a senior investigative editor, and Matthew Purdy, a deputy managing editor who oversees investigations and special projects at The Times.

Some will raise questions about publishing the president’s personal tax information. But the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the First Amendment allows the press to publish newsworthy information that was legally obtained by reporters even when those in power fight to keep it hidden. That powerful principle of the First Amendment applies here.

by Anonymousreply 326September 28, 2020 12:50 PM

Yep r323. Trump has already been forced to sell off almost all of his stock because he was in desperate need of income. He has almost nothing left in the stock market.

[quote]And in January 2014, he sold $98 million in stocks and bonds, his biggest single month of sales in at least the last two decades. He sold $54 million more in stocks and bonds in 2015, and $68.2 million in 2016. His financial disclosure released in July showed that he had as little as $873,000 in securities left to sell.

by Anonymousreply 327September 28, 2020 12:51 PM

NYT's Binyamin Appelbaum:

[quote]One thing that should be way high on the priority list if the Dems retake the WH and the Senate: Increase IRS funding by, say, 10x and make sure every rich person in this country is actually paying what they owe.

According to ProPublica, "the five counties with the highest audit rates are all predominantly African American, rural counties in the Deep South."

by Anonymousreply 328September 28, 2020 12:54 PM

He needs to make a deal to avoid federal charges, or get a blanket pardon from Pence for them, and resign. Too many security risks and possible conflicts of interest in this. Perhaps an unofficial deal with state, and NYC, prosecutors, would help to ease him out the door.

by Anonymousreply 329September 28, 2020 12:56 PM

5 weeks to go until the election people! 5 weeks to go...

by Anonymousreply 330September 28, 2020 12:57 PM

[quote]This is not unique, using clever deductions.

Like deducting payments to a family member as "consultant" fees? If so, you may also be a crook. I wouldn't brag about that too loudly.

by Anonymousreply 331September 28, 2020 1:07 PM

Christmas has come early. I’m all kinds of astonished, but especially staggered that he spent $70,000 on styling that pancake on his head he calls hair.

by Anonymousreply 332September 28, 2020 1:11 PM

Trump didn't do this alone. He did it aided and abetted every step of the way by high powered CPAs and lawyers. These cock roaches need to stomped into oblivion like the dirtball scumbags they really are. Hell, Trump probably had to pay his tax preparers more than the taxes themselves if they had been prepared legally, not extra legally.

by Anonymousreply 333September 28, 2020 1:15 PM

This highlights the need for an IRS tax code overhaul.

by Anonymousreply 334September 28, 2020 1:23 PM

his next step likely will be to rat them out, blame them for "bad accounting'

by Anonymousreply 335September 28, 2020 1:25 PM

It sure does R334. There will be thousands and thousands of other super wealthy people like Trump who are doing this because they are "allowed" to.

by Anonymousreply 336September 28, 2020 1:27 PM

I rent a one bedroom apartment, still pay student loans and I pay more in income taxes every paycheck (2x monthly) than a self proclaimed billionaire.

Clearly I need to ditch Turbo Tax.

by Anonymousreply 337September 28, 2020 1:30 PM

More info to come. The dagger is if he's been getting his debt paid off by Russia or if he's licking Putin's ass in hopes of getting the money.

by Anonymousreply 338September 28, 2020 1:51 PM

I meant to say r327, that it must piss him off mightily that since he sold his stocks he hasn’t been able to benefit from the past three years of the market. He could’ve used those gains since he’s basically broke.

by Anonymousreply 339September 28, 2020 1:53 PM

I used to work for a guy worth over $100 million as his assistant. We filed away every receipt for every dime he spent all year. EVERYTHING was a tax write off. That’s what the wealthy do, create a revenue stream then write off everything as a business expense. It’s the throwing spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks method. If the get audited by the IRS and they have to drop certain write offs they don’t go to jail... they just pull the “Oopsie, didn’t realize you could do that!” card.

MARK MY WORDS! The tax system will be the next big protest item. People are going to be like why the fuck am I paying $5k a year and Trump pays $750?!?

by Anonymousreply 340September 28, 2020 1:56 PM

R34:

And those same tax protesters will be called socialists, communists, unpatriotic and radicals by the Republicans and their hapless dupes, the Deplorables. It's their favorite tactic.

by Anonymousreply 341September 28, 2020 2:17 PM

This is why I get so infuriated when people say we can’t afford “_______”. Ridiculous. We are beyond wealthy. WW can afford public healthcare, we can afford mental health, we can afford better schooling. But when you have a significant subgroup not paying ANY taxes, well then sure, we’re poor.....

by Anonymousreply 342September 28, 2020 2:18 PM

R340, I hope you’re right, but getting people fired up over taxes isn’t easy to do anymore. Americans seem willfully stupid.

by Anonymousreply 343September 28, 2020 2:20 PM

Seen on Twitter this morning:

[quote]Trump is nothing more than a broke father of five kids by three different women, living in public housing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 28, 2020 2:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 28, 2020 2:32 PM

R330 the election is now!

by Anonymousreply 346September 28, 2020 2:33 PM

[quote] He is such a terrible businessman. Rather than getting rid of ventures that are losing money, he keeps dumping more money into them and taking out loans.

He can't sell them, because he has mortgaged them so high the sale wouldn't cover his debt and that could start a domino effect for the rest of his mortgaged properties. What surprises me is that he didn't manage to get better money laundering deals where he sold all of his properties for way more than their asking price and then pay off his debts on the downlow and still have some money left. That's what a sane grifter would do who sees it as an opportunity to get rid of past debt.

[quote] Trump didn't do this alone. He did it aided and abetted every step of the way by high powered CPAs and lawyers.

The rich have their own network of how to save their money from the government. And, thanks to their greed and superior complex elitism, they are more than happy to help the fuck-ups within their group to fall upwards. That's what secret societies and fraternities are all about. Helping a member even when he is not qualified or even suitable for whatever he wants to do.

by Anonymousreply 347September 28, 2020 2:33 PM

[quote] reminder that Trump’s personal loan officer at Deutsche Bank was SCOTUS Justice Kennedy’s son

Yes, there was seemingly some kind of brokering going on between Trump and the Kennedys prior to Tony's retirement and Brett's elevation; I wish details would come out.

I basically agree that none of these revelations will move the Trump base, but I also agree that this turns off the soft margin he needs to put him over in PA and other close states, as well as motivating the Democratic base, which is crucial. And on top of that, his base is made up of people who don't like to feel like they're being had—and all this news about Trump's taxes and use of tax money makes them feel like they're being had. A few will at least stay home.

by Anonymousreply 348September 28, 2020 2:37 PM

LOL he paid his daughter a consulting fee when she was an employee of his own company? DUMB

by Anonymousreply 349September 28, 2020 2:37 PM

That's what people, who got caught, call creative accounting.

by Anonymousreply 350September 28, 2020 2:42 PM

R349, “consulting fees” are a CLASSIC dodge. I worked for an Uber wealthy Greek business man, he owned multiple businesses, and buried in his books I saw that he paid himself consulting fees between the sister companies. His consulting fees were $50 - $90k.....per month. He had a close friend (another Greek) with four kids in Harvard who was arrested in a Ponzi scheme. But that’s not all. At the time, I was a broke single parent working for peanuts. I fought him for a raise, which he eventually gave into, after screaming “FUCK, fuck FUCK!!” about it. Why? Because he had to give me a dollar more per hour. I’m sure it did wound him, giving up another dollar per fucking hour.... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

These people aren’t like you and me. Most highly successful business people are sociopaths. They feel nothing for anyone else, and like a Great White, they never stop swimming. Their only joy is fulfilling their lust for more more more. That’s who we have in the fucking WH!!!

by Anonymousreply 351September 28, 2020 2:50 PM

Some great twitter comments:

Jason Kander @JasonKander:

To summarize the NYT story: Trump got a bunch of $ from his daddy. He lost it all, but then he got paid hundreds of millions to play a billionaire on TV. He tried to use that $ to become a real billionaire, but he lost it all again.

Now he's starting over, but we're his daddy.

LibtardConnie@ConnieCChristina:

I mean, he did promise to run the country the way he ran his businesses. Promises kept. 🤯

Ed Freedman@zeinrich:

Just remind Republicans: Taxes pay military salaries and police salaries. Not paying one's taxes is basically "defund the police" and "defund the military" on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 352September 28, 2020 2:52 PM

Unfortunately, some of this is not illegal. It's ghastly, but not illegal to deduct losses. Now making up stuff that he claims as a loss would be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 353September 28, 2020 2:53 PM

R353, I totally agree with you — MUCH of it is sadly not illegal. But I’m popping the popcorn for the stuff that we know to be illegal. He completely broke the law on his loan docs. You CANNOT file returns claiming hundreds of millions in losses ***while simultaneously *** filling out loans forms claiming overvalued assets and magically erasing said losses. That is completely illegal, and that’s how they will charge him (if Bill Barr can’t stop them that is).

by Anonymousreply 354September 28, 2020 3:05 PM

I wonder what the more is that NYT says is coming? I'm hoping it's about Russian money.

They'd better get it out. I put my ballot into the mail today.

by Anonymousreply 355September 28, 2020 3:11 PM

That disgusting name needs to be removed from every property. Every fucking one.

by Anonymousreply 356September 28, 2020 3:11 PM

This from the 'man' who boasted he would 'Drain The Swamp.' If Trump faces another press conference, he should be asked how that plan's going.

by Anonymousreply 357September 28, 2020 3:12 PM

[Quote]publish additional articles about our findings in the weeks ahead.

Love this. Keep it coming all the way to election day.

by Anonymousreply 358September 28, 2020 3:12 PM

Biden got a good ad out on it already. MSNBC just showed it. It's good.

by Anonymousreply 359September 28, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, some of this is not illegal. It's ghastly, but not illegal to deduct losses. Now making up stuff that he claims as a loss would be illegal.

Ivanka getting paid as a consultant is fraud - that cannot be denied. She was essentially "double-dipping"

by Anonymousreply 360September 28, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote]It's ghastly, but not illegal to deduct losses.

It's a sign that our tax laws need to be drastically overhauled. Someone with a private jet, multiple properties across the U.S. and a lifestyle similar to Saudi Arabian oil princes should not be able to wangle his way out of paying any taxes.

by Anonymousreply 361September 28, 2020 3:17 PM

This is stuff you can shove in conservatives' faces when they whine about a Liberal president being so unpresidential for the smallest of things.

Every discussion with a conservative can be stopped with the "one word: Trump" mic drop.

by Anonymousreply 362September 28, 2020 3:18 PM

R354 is correct.

If Trump is putting different information on his tax returns than he puts on his bank documents for loans that is criminal behavior which can be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 363September 28, 2020 3:18 PM

R363 He should face the conseeqinces everyone else’s has two. Namaste. Love & Light.

by Anonymousreply 364September 28, 2020 3:26 PM

Isn't that what Maddow was claiming and people ridiculed her for it. What he was putting on his tax returns vs bank loans.

There is no way in hell there weren't illegal moves made with his tax returns. It's not just loopholes. His entire life has been about getting away with illegal business practices. Why would his tax returns be an exception? He said "That makes me smart" when referring to paying no taxes, so why does he not want anyone seeing how "smart" he was if it were merely loopholes? Because they did in fact abuse certain loopholes and use questionable income sources which upon closer examination would reveal illegality.

by Anonymousreply 365September 28, 2020 3:27 PM

He's a liar and a cheat. DUH. Us Liberals should slap every Republican whenever they dare to open their mouths about morality or fiscal responsibility.

Hypocrisy should be a punishable offense, as in prison and taking away his social standing and money (even the hidden accounts).

by Anonymousreply 366September 28, 2020 3:32 PM

YO!!!! Is this part of what’s coming?!!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367September 28, 2020 3:33 PM

I can't get over this hideous tan/makeup. NO ONE loves this motherfucker enough to to be honest with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 28, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote] What surprises me is that he didn't manage to get better money laundering deals where he sold all of his properties for way more than their asking price and then pay off his debts on the downlow and still have some money left. That's what a sane grifter would do who sees it as an opportunity to get rid of past debt.

He did, but he seems to have lost that money, too.

I don't understand why a good accountant didn't sit down with him and convince him to sell his money-losing properties--I mean ones that are really losing money, not just claims as a tax loss. Isn't it mostly the golf courses? He must have a strange attachment to having an "empire"--he could have easily pared down his businesses and continued to live at the same lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 369September 28, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote] She was essentially "double-dipping"

I think that in Trump/Kushner family that may mean something else.

by Anonymousreply 370September 28, 2020 3:42 PM

R368, looks like one of the alien life forms in the original Star Trek series. You know it was in the 60's without the whiz bang tech we have today and they had a small makeup budget.

by Anonymousreply 371September 28, 2020 3:43 PM

Trump has spent his entire life aggressively pursuing bankruptcy. If he had put his inheritance into index funds and whiled his days away on the golf course, he would be a legit billionaire. His daddy made the fortune, Trump squandered it. But he'll probably get away with it.

Stupid people thinks he's a successful businessman. At most, he is a successful conman.

by Anonymousreply 372September 28, 2020 3:47 PM

R369, he just wants things with his name on it, that's why he licensed the use of his name on anything that makes him money. Even if the few things he did "own" were losing money, his name was still out there on those losing properties. I guess he extends his ideas of "no such thing as bad publicity" to his real estate deals . His name is out there and that's enough for him.

by Anonymousreply 373September 28, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote]this turns off the soft margin he needs to put him over in PA and other close states, as well as motivating the Democratic base, which is crucial

Between this, the SCOTUS hypocrisy, and the story coming out later today about a data leak that shows Trump's campaign was singling out thousands of black voters to get them to not vote at all, I think he's all but lost the undecideds and soft Repugs who weren't sure if they were going to vote Trump or not.

It's definitely going to help soften any October surprise the GOP may cook up.

by Anonymousreply 374September 28, 2020 3:51 PM

[quote]about a data leak that shows Trump's campaign was singling out thousands of black voters to get them to not vote at all,

How will the dumbass black ones who support him justify this?

by Anonymousreply 375September 28, 2020 3:55 PM

The Al Capone Suite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376September 28, 2020 3:57 PM

Kyle Griffin:

Federal income taxes paid first year in office:

Barack Obama: $1.8 million

Donald Trump: $750

by Anonymousreply 377September 28, 2020 3:58 PM

Sarah Cooper @sarahcpr Petition to turn Trump Tower into subsidized housing, since that’s what it’s apparently been this whole time anyway

by Anonymousreply 378September 28, 2020 3:59 PM

Not only that, R375, but everyone else learning he had files on hundreds of millions of individual Americans. Even those who don't care about the racist aspect of this might be upset about the privacy violation.

I'm thinking Facebook is going to be involved in this as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379September 28, 2020 4:00 PM

Even today, when asked to explain their support for Trump, voters often point to his success in business as evidence of his acumen. And they often repeat his talking point that he gave up a great deal to serve as president, citing his sacrifice as evidence that he ran for the job not out of self-interest, but because he cares about improving the lives of people like them.

But the image of a man flying around in private jets from one luxury property to another and paying less in taxes than millions of Americans with far more modest lifestyles could prompt a backlash similar to the one 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney faced after he was secretly recorded at a closed-door fundraiser saying that the 47% of Americans who don’t pay income taxes were “dependent upon government” and would never vote for him.

″(M)y job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives,” Romney said.

Roughly half of Americans pay no federal income taxes, but the average income tax paid in 2017 was nearly $12,200, according to the IRS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380September 28, 2020 4:03 PM

CNBC: President Donald Trump on Monday claimed he had paid “many millions of dollars in taxes” and has “very little debt” after a bombshell report in The New York Times revealed he had paid effectively no income taxes over several years, and is facing more than $300 million in looming loan repayments.

But Trump, in his tweet making that claim, did not offer proof and conspicuously did not say he had paid millions of dollars in “income taxes,” which was the key point of the Times article.

Trump, who has been in the White House for nearly four years, in a tweet wrote that he “may” release financial statements showing a list of his properties, assets and liabilities. He did not say why he has not done so to date.

by Anonymousreply 381September 28, 2020 4:05 PM

[quote]President Donald Trump on Monday claimed he had paid “many millions of dollars in taxes”

Well, he said so. That's enough for me!

by Anonymousreply 382September 28, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote]But Trump, in his tweet making that claim, did not offer proof and conspicuously did not say he had paid millions of dollars in “income taxes,” which was the key point of the Times article.

Exactly. This moron thinks when he has no choice but to pay tax on his KFC, that counts as "paying taxes."

by Anonymousreply 383September 28, 2020 4:13 PM

Like I've said, people who are shit with money will ALWAYS BE shit with money, no matter how much they luck into. Dump is a gold plated, shitty smelling fuckup living in his own attention whoring version of genteel poverty.

I cannot wait until Putty and the rest of the roughneck Repomen come to drag his fat, orange ass to Hell.

by Anonymousreply 384September 28, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote] How will the dumbass black ones who support him justify this?

I just checked in on the Black conservatives I follow on social media, R375. They are very much focused on Amy Coney Barrett and attacks against her faith, how Democrats don't value religion and how America must return to being a Christian nation. They are also vilifying Ilhan Omar.

Add to that a chain of links to all of the Black babies who were killed by gun violence this summer who are NOT being properly mourned by terrorist/Marxist violent thugs BLM and how the life of every child is sacred . Also, a vote for Biden means AOC will personally be performing abortions at the local farmers market instead of attending the inaugural.

by Anonymousreply 385September 28, 2020 4:18 PM

[quote] Trump has spent his entire life aggressively pursuing bankruptcy. If he had put his inheritance into index funds and whiled his days away on the golf course, he would be a legit billionaire. His daddy made the fortune, Trump squandered it.

This is textbook second generation resentment. Mommy and Daddy didn't love me (enough) so I destroy their legacy they loved so much more than me!

by Anonymousreply 386September 28, 2020 4:18 PM

[quote]They are very much focused on Amy Coney Barrett and attacks against her faith, how Democrats don't value religion and how America must return to being a Christian nation. They are also vilifying Ilhan Omar.

Except that that these same fucking morons attacked the head of the Catholic Church himself for not meeting with Pompeo and saying Trump wasn't a Christian. I've seen Omar speak at committee meetings about helping the sick and poor. She knows more about being Christian than those "Christian" Uncle Toms ever could. They truly are disgusting hypocrites. No one who worships Trump could claim they are religious.

by Anonymousreply 387September 28, 2020 4:22 PM

r385. So you follow fake (Russian Bot) accounts?

by Anonymousreply 388September 28, 2020 4:22 PM

I'm guessing most of those "conservative Blacks" are located somewhere in St. Petersburg?

by Anonymousreply 389September 28, 2020 4:23 PM

Every Republican Senator and Congressman has defended his behavior. Now they know the truth. That makes them co-conspirators, no?

Will an updated version of the Nuremberg trials start in February? Barr's indictment and very, very public trial would be a good way to kick off the proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 390September 28, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote]I'm guessing most of those "conservative Blacks" are located somewhere in St. Petersburg?

And the one in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 391September 28, 2020 4:27 PM

*NOT the one in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 392September 28, 2020 4:28 PM

The electoral college has destroyed this country. The will of the people is being ignored in favor of a minority of leeches. States with more tumbleweed than people who pay nothing are dictating the regressive direction of this country - and an elitist, corrupt, racist, ignorant conman leads them, enabled by demons behind the curtain who know he is a clown, but he helps them destroy everything.

by Anonymousreply 393September 28, 2020 4:35 PM

r387 They attack Ilhan Omar for his religion as well.

by Anonymousreply 394September 28, 2020 4:40 PM

her religion

by Anonymousreply 395September 28, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote] So you follow fake (Russian Bot) accounts?

R388/ R389:

I suspect about 80% of the comments are fake. Reporting them has become my hobby this summer.

However, there are genuinely conservative Black people. My cousin is one because, for her, it is all about the patriarchal religion she hid inside to escape her abusive childhood. For others, it's totally a scam.

The accounts I follow are real. They post about their weight loss struggles and their TJ MAXX discoveries. There really are Black conservatives. Moreover, there are quite a few Black, gay conservatives. The short version of my theory is that many of them are looking to create themselves rather than find truth. Look at the new poster girl out of B'more, Kim K.; she is truly a Barbie doll dipped in chocolate who is the hero of the right because she looks perfect and says all of the right things and is willing to stand strong in her wrongness...just like a reality show.

To be honest, I'm kind of obsessed and I could talk about this for hours. I think I'm actually going to write a stage play about it.

But the other important fact I should point out is that I have a lot of speculation and some facts that many of the accounts follow the same structure as our dear friend Mrs. Betty Bowers: a spokesmodel in the front with a chubby white guy in Georgia behind the image writing the actual content. (The difference, of course, being that Andrew don't claim that Betty is a real person)

by Anonymousreply 396September 28, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote] Every Republican Senator and Congressman has defended his behavior. Now they know the truth. That makes them co-conspirators, no?

They knew it all along. Remember that recording where Paul Ryan disciplined a senator for saying it out loud that Trump is an asset of Putin?

by Anonymousreply 397September 28, 2020 4:42 PM

They've all been complicit because they all get dark and tainted money themselves.

by Anonymousreply 398September 28, 2020 4:45 PM

R397 The more disturbing detail about one negative revelation after another coming out (Woodward's confirmation he lied about COVID- he's a grifter con man with over 300 mil in debt coming due... etc etc) is that none of it is a surprise, and none of it changes anyone's mind. He's a con, a simple con - who performs for his (largely) white tribe.

42% love the show, and resist any challenge to their experience of him. 49% think he's an existential threat to our democracy.

He'll lose the election. He's manipulate the systems and its courts to retain power. He's got a 42% of being successful in that effort.

by Anonymousreply 399September 28, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote] Andrew don't claim that Betty

...Andrew and Deven don't claim that Betty...

by Anonymousreply 400September 28, 2020 4:49 PM

Never underestimate official confirmation. With each new official confirmation the Republicans look even more foolish for siding with him and going "I didn't read that book, memo, statement, etc. / I wasn't aware of that! But Hillary's Emails, Benghazi!".

by Anonymousreply 401September 28, 2020 4:51 PM

Also, Date Night, R401

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402September 28, 2020 4:58 PM

Perfect opportunity for the Democrats to push paying taxes as patriotic. Socialism is the only answer for what’s coming.

by Anonymousreply 403September 28, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]But Hillary's Emails, Benghazi!

We've been doing this for four years; but just insert the names 'Clinton' or 'Obama' for 'Trump' in the NYT piece, now and forthcoming, and imagine the fall-out. The hanging judges of the GOP. And this on top of all else.

Trump's arrogant sense of untouchability has been as disgusting as it's been breathtaking. Even now with his tired claim of 'fake news' he gives the fading impression of holding aces. Let's pray that bluff is called at long last, decisively.

by Anonymousreply 404September 28, 2020 5:11 PM

R394/r395, I didn't say it because that's a given with those bigots. Every attack on her is based in her religion. They use her religion to then lie about the things she says or does. Even that line about "some people did something" is taken out of context, yet the line after 9/11 by Trump about his building now being the tallest, doesn't get a reaction from these same "patriots." Imagine if she was the one who said "soldiers are suckers and losers."

She understands the constitution better than the white, "Christian" president they worship. The hate for her is based on her religion and is not exclusive to the right. The assholes on the left also attack her without really listening to her. Things said by her white Christian and Jewish counterparts get no reaction, but anything she says is put through the toxic bigotry filter and she's called a "terrorist" - when she's never actually killed anyone based on her ideological beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 405September 28, 2020 5:12 PM

I've paid more than $750 in taxes in one year. Prison time for Demented Donald.

by Anonymousreply 406September 28, 2020 5:13 PM

Swing state Deplorables who have invested emotionally in "their" fake billionaire might quietly lose their enthusiasm and stay home on Nov 3. They're not going to vote for Biden, but some of them may see the long lines of people without masks and say, "fuck it."

by Anonymousreply 407September 28, 2020 5:15 PM

People need to accept something about the current GOP: Save a few true believers, they all know Trump is a fucking idiot who has no business being president, but he signs every corrupt thing they give him. It ends there.

The GOP are enemies of the state and I swear I will not vote for another Democrat again if upon Biden's election, they do not immediately go after Trump and his cronies, increase seats on the SC, end the filibuster and make PR/Dc states. I'm a NY voter and I will work hard to have Schumer primaried if he doesn't do at least three of those things if they win back the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 408September 28, 2020 5:19 PM

DC*

by Anonymousreply 409September 28, 2020 5:20 PM

God, he's such a douche. I'm actually laughing:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump .....Financial Statements, from the time I announced I was going to run for President, showing all properties, assets and debts. It is a very IMPRESSIVE Statement, and also shows that I am the only President on record to give up my yearly $400,000 plus Presidential Salary!

by Anonymousreply 410September 28, 2020 5:25 PM

Trump's plan to get millions of black voters to stay home on Election Day

Brad Parscale was/is (OK, presumably not while he's 5150'd) running the Trump campaign's digital strategies.

Was it this, or stealing campaign funds, that made him feel so blue yesterday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 28, 2020 5:26 PM

" It is a very IMPRESSIVE Statement, and also shows that I am the only President on record to give up my yearly $400,000 plus Presidential Salary!"

Yea, but when you and your con artist family are stealing $400,000,000, we're coming up on the short end of the stick by 396M.

by Anonymousreply 412September 28, 2020 5:36 PM

Someone stab his skull.

by Anonymousreply 413September 28, 2020 5:37 PM

Parscale was so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 414September 28, 2020 5:38 PM

He took a tax write off by donating his salary.

by Anonymousreply 415September 28, 2020 5:38 PM

Trump is not the first President to donate their salary. JFK and Hoover did as well.

Considering he uses his Presidency to drive business to Trump properties, the taxpayers are paying his salary.

by Anonymousreply 416September 28, 2020 5:41 PM

The taxpayers are being GOUGED - that's his salary.

Whatever he normally charges for his hotels, they immediately up the charges when he and his detail show up because hey know the taxpayers have no say in it. Disgusting family of corrupt, immoral thieves.

by Anonymousreply 417September 28, 2020 5:45 PM

Trump is either a really shitty business man that he only has to pay pennies in tax, or a tax fraud.

there is now third option

by Anonymousreply 418September 28, 2020 5:55 PM

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. This demented sock puppet was put into office by the REAL powers that be who had an agenda. Theyve achieved said agenda,and now they'll throw his ass to the wolves .

by Anonymousreply 419September 28, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote]Remember that recording where Paul Ryan disciplined a senator for saying it out loud that Trump is an asset of Putin?

Not a senator- even better, it was previous House Majority leader Kevin McCarthy (R).

by Anonymousreply 420September 28, 2020 5:58 PM

CNN: Donald Trump in a 2011 interview said even Americans who don't earn much should have to pay something in taxes to be "part of the game."

Trump made the comments in a radio interview with conservative host Sean Hannity reviewed by CNN's KFile in which the two discussed Occupy Wall Street protesters' criticism that the wealthy evade taxes.

"Now everybody keeps saying down at Occupy Wall Street, the 1% -- which I'm sure you're a part of -- doesn't pay any taxes," Hannity said. "Do you not pay any taxes? I didn't know that."

"No, I pay tax," Trump responded. "I pay a lot of tax. I just signed a big fat check recently for a lot of tax. I paid literally, I paid a lot of tax and you know, look, I don't mind. I'm proud to pay it up. If I owe it, I pay it."

by Anonymousreply 421September 28, 2020 5:59 PM

R419, I don't think anyone denies that obvious fact, but I also think McConnell has gotten greedy if he thinks the will of the majority can be suppressed for much longer, because it still comes down to this: He represents a small state with no money. If he plans on legislating control over women's bodies or taking rights away from other groups, he's in a for a rude awakening. All of these fucking red states with no money a small populations will shrivel up and die if they keep fucking with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 422September 28, 2020 6:01 PM

That's the problem, R422. I agree with you completely, except that...

Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, and North and South Dakota have ten votes in the Senate, nine of them Republican, and less than five million residents.

New York, California, and Illinois have seventy-two million residents. And six votes in the Senate, all of them Democrats.

I hope you can see the difficulty you'll encounter when you try to get them to stop fucking with us.

by Anonymousreply 423September 28, 2020 6:19 PM

Wow. That math hurts, but I know it is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 424September 28, 2020 6:22 PM

I love the people all worried he's so in debt he'll sell our secrets *after* he leaves office, as if he isn't already doing it now.

We know his supporters won't care and will justify whatever he does, but that doesn't mean this won't sink in a little. The whole time they are justifying this weasel they will know, deep down, that we were right along. They'll know they were duped by a lifelong con man. I hope they feel as stupid as they are.

by Anonymousreply 425September 28, 2020 6:25 PM

Trump will just declare bankruptcy again, like so many failed businessmen do

by Anonymousreply 426September 28, 2020 6:26 PM

Trump's a tax genius!!

by Anonymousreply 427September 28, 2020 6:26 PM

r425. I believe you got it a bit wrong. They don't feel shame about being duped. They feel anger that you figured out "their" scheme for achieving a right wing Utopia.

by Anonymousreply 428September 28, 2020 6:29 PM

[QUOTE]Trump is not the first President to donate their salary. JFK and Hoover did as well.

Ah, but they did not donate their $400,000 plus a year salary now did they r416?

by Anonymousreply 429September 28, 2020 6:39 PM

[quote] looks like one of the alien life forms in the original Star Trek series

The Magatons! They think they're the galaxy's greatest entrepreneurs, but the Ferengi laugh at them and fleece them mercilessly.

by Anonymousreply 430September 28, 2020 6:40 PM

Andrew Weissmann, who worked on the Mueller investigation, posted this awhile ago. Seems like maybe Mueller knew but wouldn't go after Trump's finances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431September 28, 2020 6:43 PM

The interesting thing about all of this is there’s really no news here that we didn’t expect to see. We were pretty certain that trumps tax returns which show that he paid very little in taxes due to whatever business expenses he chose to utilize. I find it hopeful that Ivanka was paid consulting fees and so her ass needs to go into jail. She should be barred from ever having a security clearance. This is a family of grifters. I hope people are happy with what they elected. We have allowed ourselves to become no better than any banana Republic.

by Anonymousreply 432September 28, 2020 6:43 PM

R407 and COVID spiking across the country...maybe it is not worth it to die for this con man fuck?

by Anonymousreply 433September 28, 2020 6:46 PM

r431. That Twitter post should be trending until election day.

by Anonymousreply 434September 28, 2020 6:50 PM

R429 and your point is? That Trump is again lying or that Herbert Hoover and JFK - both genuinely well-off, btw, not acting like they were - didn't take lower salaries? When those salaries, set by Congress, btw, were worth as much or more then as $400,000 today (JFK's $100,000 salary in early 1960's dollars is about $800,000 today; Hoover's $75,000 salary in 1928 would be about $1.14 million in 2020.

So what's the story, that Trump not only lied (for what, about the 13,000th time according to the WaPo) about being first, or that no-one ever refused a salary larger than the one he doesn't take?

If it's sarcasm, my apologies in advance.

by Anonymousreply 435September 28, 2020 6:51 PM

[quote]Trump is either a really shitty business man that he only has to pay pennies in tax, or a tax fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436September 28, 2020 7:07 PM

I don’t believe he does not collect his salary. I would need to see the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 437September 28, 2020 7:09 PM

Notice no one ever asks where the 400K actually goes?

by Anonymousreply 438September 28, 2020 7:10 PM

The Tiny Diplomat (Havana Chapman-Edwards) paid more...

And she's 9 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439September 28, 2020 7:12 PM

You'd think that 70K in hair care expenses would actually result in something semi-decent.

by Anonymousreply 440September 28, 2020 7:13 PM

The $400 K allegedly goes into the budget. But when you match it with the $MM he extracts for his businesses from the same budget, the math is very lopsided

by Anonymousreply 441September 28, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote] You'd think that 70K in hair care expenses would actually result in something semi-decent.

Oh honey, if you think that 70K was actually used for his hair I have a fantastic bridge to sell to you.

by Anonymousreply 442September 28, 2020 7:24 PM

and one that leads, R442, to my really fabulous new hotel in Greenland! It's the greatest hotel in Greenland! Everybody says so - everybody!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443September 28, 2020 7:28 PM

Is there proof that he doesn’t take his salary.

And if Eric Trump says they don’t use American banks, is that because American banks won’t lend to someone like Trump. What kind of credit score does that dude have?

by Anonymousreply 444September 28, 2020 7:30 PM

Yes that’s exactly why R444 he is too big a risk.. he is a stiff

by Anonymousreply 445September 28, 2020 7:31 PM

In response to R444: horrible. I'd recommend listening to this podcast since it digs into his finances going back to the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446September 28, 2020 7:32 PM

Mad Magazine had Trump's number many years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447September 28, 2020 7:36 PM

The most important thing I learned that I didn't know is that he owes 421 million in loans that will be due soon, and nearly all of that is commercial/hospitality, which is struggling because of the pandemic. Which means no only will those properties be foreclosed on, the banks are going to sue him for the additional value lost--because that 100 million loan he got on the commercial space in Trump Tower will have to sell at a huge discount. And that will drag the properties that he has equity in down because his creditors will go after those to pay off what couldn't be covered in foreclosure sales.

This guy is a moron. And he's only a couple of years away from complete financial ruin.

It's happened to a lot of developers much smarter than he is who were serious about their work.

by Anonymousreply 448September 28, 2020 7:40 PM

r442, Hair/makeup people can easily make $1000/day. For somebody doing Trump, maybe $1500/day.

by Anonymousreply 449September 28, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote]Hair/makeup people can easily make $1000/day. For somebody doing Trump, maybe $1500/day.

He needs to ask for his money back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 28, 2020 7:47 PM

R448 - Trump’s “lenders” don’t want his stinking properties. They want the threat of wiping him off the face of the earth (financially and otherwise) if he doesn’t deliver what Moscow wants (see eg R431).

by Anonymousreply 451September 28, 2020 7:47 PM

Trump is currently holding a presser announcing the distribution of 150 million "instant" coronavirus tests. We'll see if he takes any questions.

by Anonymousreply 452September 28, 2020 7:50 PM

#WheresIvanka?

by Anonymousreply 453September 28, 2020 7:52 PM

An Oompa Loompa, r371.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454September 28, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote]Notice no one ever asks where the 400K actually goes?

Scholarships to Trump University.

by Anonymousreply 455September 28, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote] Scholarships to Trump University.

Which is also known as the foundation that brings impoverished but highly ambitious Eastern European sex workers to America and gives them a fresh start on Einstein visas.

by Anonymousreply 456September 28, 2020 8:01 PM

Boris @ r385 is really grasping now.

Do go ahead and list "all the Black babies who were killed by gun violence this summer."

Can you name one?

Can you name one person of any political party who targeted babies with gun violence?

SLANDER TRON 3000.

by Anonymousreply 457September 28, 2020 8:03 PM

Pretty sure R385 was being facetious, R457. Calm your tits.

by Anonymousreply 458September 28, 2020 8:08 PM

Trump U got cancelled 4 years ago -- ain't nothing flowing to it but backed up sewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 28, 2020 8:08 PM

R457, I don't think R385 was being serious. He's demonstrating how the base of this tax-avoiding, racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile is easily manipulated by his smokes and mirrors, "Hey, Look over there!" routine, and ignores his real crimes and failings.

It's the 2020 equivalent of "What about the emails?"

by Anonymousreply 460September 28, 2020 8:10 PM

I have to say he really had shitty luck in the children department.

I know (not well, not personally, but through work) a lot of developer families, and their children tend to be pretty shrewd and smart about the business. Or they might have a child that doesn't want to be a developer, but they'll at least have one or two who are serious. Both of Trump's adult sons are morons.

by Anonymousreply 461September 28, 2020 8:10 PM

r443 = Boris

by Anonymousreply 462September 28, 2020 8:11 PM

Sorry, I meant r403 = Boris

by Anonymousreply 463September 28, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]I have to say he really had shitty luck in the children department.

He made them, so...

by Anonymousreply 464September 28, 2020 8:17 PM

It’s amazing how much obvious disrespect he has for the office of the presidency since he’s treating it like it’s waiting tables at Denny’s - some last ditch, shitty job you take just so you can try to make ends meet

by Anonymousreply 465September 28, 2020 8:21 PM

Yeah, but once he saw how they were turning out, he could have brought one of the nieces of nephews into the business.

Could you imagine if he had "adopted" Mary, as a normal uncle whose brother died would have?

The moron has a genius for making enemies.

by Anonymousreply 466September 28, 2020 8:21 PM

The people calling for "someone to stab his skull," "off with his head!" and "slap every Republican" need to STFU.

Nobody needs violence here and the trolls who call for it are usually BORISES trying to incite civil unrest in America. Don't feed into it and don't call for anything more than the lawful prosecution of and imprisonment of Trump and his cronies.

Inciting violence against federal officers is a felony and results in visits by the F.B.I. for a lot of internet trolls.

by Anonymousreply 467September 28, 2020 8:22 PM

One thing to definitely take away from all this...

Mueller was a pussy ass scumbag covering for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 468September 28, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote]It’s amazing how much obvious disrespect he has for the office of the presidency since he’s treating it like it’s waiting tables at Denny’s - some last ditch, shitty job you take just so you can try to make ends meet

How is it amazing when he has "obvious disrespect" for everyone and everything? There is nothing he does not disrespect except himself. His needs take a backseat to no one, including his kids. This is a man who brought his mistress on vacation with his wife and children. A man who fucked a porn star when his wife had just had a baby. He referred to his building being the tallest after 9/11. He rips off charities. He rips off taxpayers. He rips off working people.

He is a ball of toxic, parasitic waste - only surpassed by the shits who worship him.

by Anonymousreply 469September 28, 2020 8:28 PM

I hope this report puts pressure on the I.R.S. and F.B.I. to prosecute ALL the Trumps and Kushners next year.

Trump's carnage exposes a MASSIVE failing by law enforcement who should have locked this grifter up before he could seize the White House.

Donald Trump has been involved in fraud, tax evasion, money laundering and other mafia schemes since the 1970s, but nobody started prosecuting him until after he took over the government.

If prosecutors don't lock up Eric, Don Jr., Ivanka and Jared, the Russians are just going to bribe one of them to run for president next!

by Anonymousreply 470September 28, 2020 8:38 PM

I like the timing of this tax revelation.

by Anonymousreply 471September 28, 2020 8:39 PM

Here's a little background info:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472September 28, 2020 8:39 PM

And don't forget to vote for your favorite Russian money laundering or crime scheme Trump partnered with here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473September 28, 2020 8:40 PM

I think Mueller aside from the fact that he is a republican and friends with Barr! was intimidated by Barr to not go full kill on Dump.

Everybody expected him to be this righteous hero, but what we saw was a week, frail and scared old man.

Maybe the FBI needs a serious clean up job. If they can't prevent a criminal moron to become president then what are they good for.

by Anonymousreply 474September 28, 2020 8:41 PM

The provider of the tax returns was Michael Cohen. The guy had easy access to them, has an axe to grind and books to sell. Plus, he's out of jail now. He must've had a tit for tat with the FBI

by Anonymousreply 475September 28, 2020 8:47 PM

Mueller was a tool to keep the Liberals on their couches instead of starting civil war. Mueller report, then impeachment (hoping the Senate would follow suit and convict), now it's the election to bring back the trust in US democracy.

Oh, those four years sure flew by, didn't they? /s

by Anonymousreply 476September 28, 2020 8:49 PM

Not that I want to stick up for his kids, but when you are raised by a Sociopathic Narcissist, you basically don't have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 477September 28, 2020 8:49 PM

Don't forget: The Atlantic also says they have more coming after the suckers and losers comment.

by Anonymousreply 478September 28, 2020 8:50 PM

R477, there are tons of bad parents with great kids.

Also, Ivana is clearly garbage, too. Let's not just blame Don.

by Anonymousreply 479September 28, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote]Inciting violence against federal officers is a felony and results in visits by the F.B.I. for a lot of internet trolls.

Welcome to every fucking day for Ilhan Omar - but she deserves it, right?

by Anonymousreply 480September 28, 2020 8:56 PM

Michael R. Bromwich on Twitter ·

Trump knew something we didn't when he started balking at the peaceful transfer of power. If he loses the election, he faces federal and state prosecution for bank fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, and mail fraud, as does his entire family. No OLC memo will spare him.

by Anonymousreply 481September 28, 2020 9:06 PM

I am starting to think that the GOP hates him so much they won't even let Pence pardon him. Barr will suicide him to stop further investigations into the members of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 482September 28, 2020 9:08 PM

He paid no taxes in 2010 and 2011, unlike one of his former undocumented workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483September 28, 2020 9:18 PM

R483 is the reality of undocumented immigrants. These people work fucking hard and they get paid less than shit and they pay taxes. The rich are the ones who should be hanging. That there is a single person making under seven figures who votes Republican, is fucking ridiculous. The party is not for you. The policies are not meant to benefit you. You vote to benefit the wealthiest.

by Anonymousreply 484September 28, 2020 9:21 PM

r474 The FBI was too busy hating Hillary, working with Bannon to smear the Clinton Foundation, leaking to Rudy, and putting out letters days before the election to protect us from Trump. That's why seeing people treat Comey like he's some hero piss me off. The FBI knew exactly what trump was. I'm guessing so did the CIA and everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 485September 28, 2020 9:21 PM

R485, this was all laid quite bare in the first half of that Showtime movie “The Comey Rule” that came out last night.

by Anonymousreply 486September 28, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote] The policies are not meant to benefit you. You vote to benefit the wealthiest.

r484. The problem is that some still people think they can become rich and be one of them. Then they want to take advantage from the same benefits other rich people get now. Yes, especially immigrants still believe (even with racism being the US' no. 1 sport) that with hard work and resilience you can become a self-made millionaire in your lifetime (unlike in their home country).

by Anonymousreply 487September 28, 2020 9:27 PM

I've been re-posting this for three years now, r420...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488September 28, 2020 9:30 PM

R488, why isn’t Kevin McCarthy asked about this literally every time he appears in front of a microphone? Are they still really going with the “It was a joke” defense?

by Anonymousreply 489September 28, 2020 9:32 PM

Well what was this all then for?

Just a 4 year experiment to see how far a sick clown show, enabled by the FBI, the media and the GOP, could dismantle democracy, rule of law and constitution; just to bring it back from the brink by outraged voters???

by Anonymousreply 490September 28, 2020 9:35 PM

R489, there's only one question the media should be asking and that's to themselves: Why did we legitimize and give years of free promotion to a birther?

by Anonymousreply 491September 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Remember that Obama nominated Comey!

Was he completely clueless about what was going on right under his nose? He initially defended Comey and after Hillary lost blamed her loss on her. His media attack dog Axelrod left no stone unturned to smear Hillary while she was campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 492September 28, 2020 9:41 PM

It was for the disgusting tax reform bill, decrease on inheritance tax, getting 200 right wing nut jobs on the federal bench for life, and a few supreme court justices.

by Anonymousreply 493September 28, 2020 9:41 PM

Only worthless little people pay taxes!

by Anonymousreply 494September 28, 2020 9:44 PM

Required viewing just to remind you of how appalling the electoral college is and how countless states with fewer people than one blue state rules over us. Start at 8:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495September 28, 2020 9:46 PM

Did anyone read it? Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. Here’s a quote from the actual NYT report: “ Each time, he requested an extension to file his 1040; and each time, he made the required payment to the I.R.S. for income taxes he might owe — $1 million for 2016 and $4.2 million for 2017. But virtually all of that liability was washed away when he eventually filed, and most of the payments were rolled forward to cover potential taxes in future years.”

by Anonymousreply 496September 28, 2020 9:52 PM

His supporters are trying to build the case that the NY Times committed a crime by leaking personal tax information.

They're suggesting that the NY Times illegally obtained the information.

by Anonymousreply 497September 28, 2020 9:55 PM

Trumpers are ignorant. Unlike Dump and company, the NYT isn't going to rely on some 4chan troll or deep fake video or airbrushed meme as 'evidence'. This shit they have on Anusmouth will hold up in court, as it should.

Dump is DONE.

by Anonymousreply 498September 28, 2020 9:58 PM

R497, all I see are monkeys flinging feces. No one cares what his trashy shitheads think.

by Anonymousreply 499September 28, 2020 10:00 PM

Kinda telling that they're not defending the information, just the leak source.

by Anonymousreply 500September 28, 2020 10:00 PM

R500, attacking the messenger is their MO. Takes away from actually having to counter inconvenient facts which make their dear leader look like the corrupt scum that he is.

by Anonymousreply 501September 28, 2020 10:03 PM

For any one who either worked, works or knows someone who works at the IRS: Will this make them more likely to go after Trump or just leave it be?

by Anonymousreply 502September 28, 2020 10:22 PM

it's all they got r501, but I think the whole "fake news" thing is falling flat. Everyone knows Trump is a con artist and a grifter. Some love that. Most don't. The whole fake news thing just isn't gonna fly anymore.

by Anonymousreply 503September 28, 2020 10:33 PM

plus of course there is the fact that Trump is shit, always has been shit, always will be shit, and there is absolutely no reason to like or respect him in any way for anything. There's that.

by Anonymousreply 504September 28, 2020 10:36 PM

It's unbelievable what the wealthy get away with while the rest would lose our homes if we did what that fucking family has done.

by Anonymousreply 505September 28, 2020 10:36 PM

Kellyanne and Chris seen arriving at the White House a half hour ago.

by Anonymousreply 506September 28, 2020 10:38 PM

wanna see them all frog marched out of the White House in January.

by Anonymousreply 507September 28, 2020 10:38 PM

Interesting how Mr. I'm A Private Banker, Banker For Money at R111 hasn't posted anything since yesterday when he was shredded up here.

by Anonymousreply 508September 28, 2020 10:43 PM

R506, Chris who?

by Anonymousreply 509September 28, 2020 10:50 PM

I don't know what happened to him, but I do actually know what a private banker is.

by Anonymousreply 510September 28, 2020 10:52 PM

A banker for money?

by Anonymousreply 511September 28, 2020 10:53 PM

[quote] A banker for money?

I'm a private dancer, a dancer for money!

by Anonymousreply 512September 28, 2020 10:57 PM

I'm your private banker

Banker for Money

Do what you want me to do..

*********** A private bankers works in a wealth management department at a bank. (THOUGH, some small boutique banks only do wealth management and nothing else.) If you are a high net worth individual, the private banker will be assigned to you--or will try to get your business--and personally handles your banking stuff while trying to upsell you on other financial products--like insurance and investments. (This was only made legal 23 years ago, by the way.)

I do not have a private banker, but my father does.

by Anonymousreply 513September 28, 2020 10:58 PM

ugh, is he one of these shitheads who never pays a dime in taxes and bitches every minute of every day about welfare queens, r513? Or is he the rare non-asshole rich guy?

by Anonymousreply 514September 28, 2020 11:00 PM

I think of him as a shrewd guy--shrewd in business.

The thing about these rich people who pay no taxes is that they are mostly in real estate and are enormously wealthy. Our tax law is ridiculously lenient with developers in a way that it is not with other businesses. If you are in a more traditional business or you are kind of wealthy--let's say a deca-millionaire, but not 100+ million--you absolutely do pay your taxes. There might be some "tax planning" (not tax evasion) involved, but there is nothing like the developers or people with mega-wealth that can easily move it to a facility off-shore.

The vast majority of millionaires are lower-millionaires, and having accounts in tax shelters off-shore is cost prohibitive to them.

We needn't feel sorry for them: I'm just saying that there's a difference between the jerk with $20 million and the jerk with $500 million.

by Anonymousreply 515September 28, 2020 11:07 PM

The thing is Trump had the galls to criticize Obama for his taxes in a Tweet while using every loophole to deny the military and the police their due tribute. Trump, as we all know, is also a draft dodger. And the GOP insists this shameless grifter is a good president who absolutely deserves to stay on even after he was impeached by the House?

The GOP has to pay as much as Trump himself for his criminal actions.

by Anonymousreply 516September 28, 2020 11:11 PM

[Quote]I think of him as a shrewd guy--shrewd in business.

He is absolutely not shrewd in business. With everything he inherited from his father be should be doing [bold]FAR[bold] better than he is.

Renting out office space in Trump tower and the money he got from the Apprentice is pretty much his only success stories, his other ventures have not been profitable. That is why he staring at 421 mil in debt that he is personally liable for.

by Anonymousreply 517September 28, 2020 11:12 PM

R517, I was answering the guy who asked me about my dad.

by Anonymousreply 518September 28, 2020 11:13 PM

The old joke, in a simpler age, about stock broker Black Jack Bouvier (Jackie Kennedy's father) was: You want to make a million dollars? Give Black Jack two million dollars and wait.

by Anonymousreply 519September 28, 2020 11:14 PM

Here’s what I want a reporter to say to Trump

A 16 year old minimum wage worker paid more in federal taxes that you did. How do you explain to that worker why she pays more in income tax & pays more tax money to support the US military than the president of the United States does?

by Anonymousreply 520September 28, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote]loophole to deny the military and the police their due tribute.

Like I give a shit since they overwhelmingly support the corrupt criminal who fucks them over.

by Anonymousreply 521September 28, 2020 11:16 PM

well that's fine r515, again unless he's one of these assholes who spends his life bitching about "these people" getting all kinds of advantages while hoovering up millions of tax breaks. Sick to fucking death of those cunts.

by Anonymousreply 522September 28, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote]Did anyone read it? Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. Here’s a quote from the actual NYT report: “ Each time, he requested an extension to file his 1040; and each time, he made the required payment to the I.R.S. for income taxes he might owe — $1 million for 2016 and $4.2 million for 2017. But virtually all of that liability was washed away when he eventually filed, and most of the payments were rolled forward to cover potential taxes in future years.”

So . . . what point are you trying to make?

by Anonymousreply 523September 28, 2020 11:18 PM

R523, that’s a MAGA talking point today. That reasoning is making the rounds on social media today.

[quote] Here’s what I want a reporter to say to Trump. A 16 year old minimum wage worker paid more in federal taxes that you did. How do you explain to that worker why she pays more in income tax & pays more tax money to support the US military than the president of the United States does?

That’s what I want *BIDEN* to say to Trump at the debates.

by Anonymousreply 524September 28, 2020 11:21 PM

We need a goddamn wealth tax. Figure out everyone's current wealth, right now, right here, domestic, overseas, stocks, bonds, houses, whatever the fuck, and everyone throws in 1 percent. no deductions. No nothing. No bullshit. Fuck off all accounts and lawyers and stock brokers and every other cunt in the cuntry.

by Anonymousreply 525September 28, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote] The vast majority of millionaires are lower-millionaires, and having accounts in tax shelters off-shore is cost prohibitive to them.

Ridiculous.

It easy as hell to start an offshore shell company to avoid taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526September 28, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote] The vast majority of millionaires are lower-millionaires, and having accounts in tax shelters off-shore is cost prohibitive to them.

Ridiculous.

It easy as hell to start an offshore shell company to avoid taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 28, 2020 11:23 PM

I was wondering how long it would take a MAGA idiot to show up here r496.

Trump was required to prepay an estimated tax burden because he asked the IRS for an extension, but once actually he filed it was decided that he didn't owe in any money income taxes. His prepayment was washed away into a future tax credit.

Your point is moot. Which is why only MAGA social media is obsessing over it.

by Anonymousreply 528September 28, 2020 11:28 PM

r525. Just start with Forbes and their lists about the rich, powerful and successful. And let's call it the Show-Off tax.

by Anonymousreply 529September 28, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote] Seen on Twitter this morning: Trump is nothing more than a broke father of five kids by three different women, living in public housing.

So basically he’s trailer trash. He connects with his voting base more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 530September 28, 2020 11:34 PM

I love when "black twitter" drags people

"How old you think Barron was when he found out, his daddy put bills and credit cards in his name?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531September 28, 2020 11:37 PM

My favorite tweet about Trump’s tax situation has been: “Man. Woman. Person. Taxes. Jail.” Sums it all up perfectly.

Joe should use this during the debate.

by Anonymousreply 532September 28, 2020 11:57 PM

If Trump has been paying Ivanka for consulting fees, have she and Jarod been claiming them as income on their returns?

If not, hasta la vista, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 533September 29, 2020 12:42 AM

She works in the fucking WH and has patents out of fucking China. If Obama's kid so much as ordered Chinese food, the Republicans would be fucking screaming.

I hate we have such cowards for Dems. Fucking go after them!

by Anonymousreply 534September 29, 2020 12:47 AM

Poppy tries!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535September 29, 2020 12:49 AM

We have been, r534...

by Anonymousreply 536September 29, 2020 12:51 AM

No, R536. Not like the Republicans did to Obama. We need pitbulls in govt to go after McConnell and the rest of the parasites.

by Anonymousreply 537September 29, 2020 12:54 AM

Reading my local news messageboard. I can't with the comments:

- It's not his fault, he was just using the same loopholes that every other politician has done. Blame the politicians that created the laws.

- This just proves he's smart. He has good accountants

- Why should anyone care what he pays/doesn't pay in taxes?

- It doesn't matter because he's donated his income the last four years.

- The wealthy just don't pay taxes. It's fact. Stop trying to make him out to be a criminal!

Are people really this stupid?

by Anonymousreply 538September 29, 2020 12:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539September 29, 2020 1:02 AM

The point is Not that he hasn’t paid his fair share of income taxes (even though he hasn’t).

The point is (and the NYTimes story makes pretty clear) he’s a liar, a deadbeat, and a cheat and probably is in waaaay over his head to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 540September 29, 2020 1:23 AM

Nah, stupid R540. The point is all Americans deal with the IRS , and this fat fuck avoided paying substantially less taxes than us regular people. Even though he's "filthy rich".

by Anonymousreply 541September 29, 2020 1:27 AM

Trump is not only the worst president ever. He's also the WORST BUSINESSMAN EVER!

The booing and the mocking of his business legacy is going to make the coming debate such a mess that I hope Biden is wearing a hazmat suit, because I think Trump exploding, from all the anger and rage, on stage is a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 542September 29, 2020 1:28 AM

It's a cult, R538. People were making similar excuses for Jim Jones throughout the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 543September 29, 2020 1:30 AM

Don’t his fans think it’s great he doesn’t pay taxes and cheats?

by Anonymousreply 544September 29, 2020 1:33 AM

I’m only shocked the IRS was so stupid as to give him a $72m refund. What dopes.

by Anonymousreply 545September 29, 2020 1:37 AM

Shocked R245? That 72 million dollar refund is about to blow up the whole Trump Empire. They're coming after Jared, and Ivanka as well. This is our revenge. Us , Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 546September 29, 2020 1:44 AM

Listening to him today, it seemed he was more concerned about the perceptions of his worth rather than criminal tax fraud.

by Anonymousreply 547September 29, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote]His supporters are trying to build the case that the NY Times committed a crime by leaking personal tax information.

MAGAts need to make up their minds: did NYT publish 'fake' news or did NYT 'leak' aka publish genuine tax info?

by Anonymousreply 548September 29, 2020 1:47 AM

The IRS has been trying for 10 years to get that refund back. Hopefully the release of records will help. I also think Trump will ink some huge network deal to pay off all his debts, if he doesn’t go to jail or croak. There are many wealthy people that will help him.

by Anonymousreply 549September 29, 2020 1:56 AM

In Trumpland, this makes him a hero. But of course they will bitch and moan about the government not fixing roads, etc.

by Anonymousreply 550September 29, 2020 2:00 AM

Trump hates being mocked. That hurts him and the Deplorables the most. They dismiss facts as fake news, but mockery cuts deep.

by Anonymousreply 551September 29, 2020 2:01 AM

Do they even care? MSNBC showed a Republican who said all she cares about is her 401K making money. This is a very common refrain from Republicans. They don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 552September 29, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote]The IRS has been trying for 10 years to get that refund back.

Impound Maralago, Doral, Trump Tower and whatever else they need.

by Anonymousreply 553September 29, 2020 2:06 AM

R547 Right, tax fraud may well give him serious legal problems in the future...

...but if you consider what will have the most negative impact on him now, with his supporters, with undecided voters.... he's a bust as a businessman. He's not a billionaire. His income is from a TV show and Oreos commercials ... his real estate "empire" is broke, with 400 mil of debt coming due.

Say it again, over and over. Trump is broke, a failure. He hates that people know that, he hates that his base knows this now.

by Anonymousreply 554September 29, 2020 2:16 AM

Tiny tax bill, tiny penis

by Anonymousreply 555September 29, 2020 2:18 AM

Part 2 is out

by Anonymousreply 556September 29, 2020 2:19 AM

R555 That's a yard sign.

by Anonymousreply 557September 29, 2020 2:19 AM

For a guy like Trump questioning his talent for making money is like questioning his manhood. Trump is irrational on a good day. He will be a hot mess when he's paranoid thinking every word is a jab at the findings of his tax returns. And it will turn even the most anti-government folks against him to register and vote for Biden just to make sure he can't mess up their lives up like he does with his own businesses.

by Anonymousreply 558September 29, 2020 2:22 AM

Isn’t it funny his tax bill magically came to $750 each year? Good use of TurboTax for cheating.

by Anonymousreply 559September 29, 2020 2:24 AM

R552, I saw that chubby Republican frau. They only care about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 560September 29, 2020 2:49 AM

Remember, we don’t need every Trump voter to turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 561September 29, 2020 3:00 AM

Here is the link to Tuesday's NYT report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562September 29, 2020 3:03 AM

Did anyone see the bit about how Turkey had reservations at the Trump Hotel in DC, then when they had a fallout with the admin, they cancelled, then relations improved and they rebooked? Yeah, nothing wrong with it. Nothing to see here at all. Perfectly normal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 563September 29, 2020 3:13 AM

Debate finale:

Remember how the Brothers Grimm's' ogre Trumpelstiltskin "ran away angrily, and never came back? ... The ending was revised in an 1857 edition to a more gruesome ending wherein Trumpelstiltskin 'in his rage drove his right foot so far into the ground that it sank in up to his waist; then in a passion he seized the left foot with both hands and tore himself in two." Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 564September 29, 2020 3:44 AM

^^Grimm's @ my r564

by Anonymousreply 565September 29, 2020 3:48 AM

R563 Turkey? As in the entire country had reservations?

by Anonymousreply 566September 29, 2020 5:09 AM

How did this grifting failure keep getting loans?

by Anonymousreply 567September 29, 2020 5:20 AM

Foreign oligarchs?

by Anonymousreply 568September 29, 2020 5:46 AM

[quote]He must've had a tit for tat with the FBI

tête-à-tête?

by Anonymousreply 569September 29, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote][R563] Turkey? As in the entire country had reservations?

You silly goose, you!

The govt.

by Anonymousreply 570September 29, 2020 6:17 AM

I'll bet the dirty Repigs will not refute the tax cheating that Orange Ass committed, but they will rip their stockings about how his taxes were revealed in the first place. They will contend that this was privy information that was put out to the public illegally. They will argue for this false equivalency to their stupid constituents and say they can at least sleep well since both parties did something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 571September 29, 2020 8:46 AM

Deplorables are hopeless fools...Dump isn’t even worth as much as Mittens

by Anonymousreply 572September 29, 2020 10:32 AM

dolts

by Anonymousreply 573September 29, 2020 1:24 PM

dolts

by Anonymousreply 574September 29, 2020 1:24 PM

Your average homeless crack whore has a higher net worth than Donald.

Which is comforting in its own way.

by Anonymousreply 575September 29, 2020 1:47 PM

Also [R375],

This Project Veritas nonsense is getting a ton of traction with them. Many people are convinced that Omar is running through the streets of Minneapolis committing voter fraud like a bandit in the Wild, Wild West. And because nobody else has even bothered to bat an eyelash, they are assured that that their circle-jerk outrage is warranted...thus precluding discussion of anything else.

by Anonymousreply 576September 29, 2020 1:50 PM

[quote]AOC will personally be performing abortions at the local farmers market instead of attending the inaugural

Don't fucking threaten me with a good time.

by Anonymousreply 577September 29, 2020 2:02 PM

Apparently, Tulsi Gabbard is talking about ballot harvesting now. If it wasn't obvious she's being paid to drive a wedge in the Democratic party, it should be now.

by Anonymousreply 578September 29, 2020 2:12 PM

voter fraud only happens when GOP Reps do it

by Anonymousreply 579September 29, 2020 2:25 PM

So after getting into a billion dollars in debt in the 90s and going bankrupt, he got back into a dollars of debt? We need to lock down the credit markets for the wealthy before they kill us all.

by Anonymousreply 580September 29, 2020 2:36 PM

[quote]they will rip their stockings about how his taxes were revealed in the first place.

Rest assured, they're on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581September 29, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]they will rip their stockings about how his taxes were revealed in the first place.

Rest assured, they're on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582September 29, 2020 2:42 PM

All Dump has to do to disprove it is show his fucking taxes..he won't.

by Anonymousreply 583September 29, 2020 2:59 PM

It just goes to show how rich people are offered credit after any number of failures, while poor working people are screwed if they have one foreclosure or credit card issue.

by Anonymousreply 584September 29, 2020 4:36 PM

Pretty much. America hates poor people, it remind her of her failures and spooks her about her future

by Anonymousreply 585September 29, 2020 4:59 PM

Trump must have cash stashed all over the place including his children’s homes. He screwed the pooch by claiming too many deductions that he cannot back up. And how are his businesses still going if they constantly lose money? It seems like a giant shell game.

by Anonymousreply 586September 29, 2020 5:04 PM

Pelosi: Trump's Debt Shown In Tax Records Poses A 'National Security Question' | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587September 29, 2020 5:09 PM

He aid more taxes to Thailand than the US

by Anonymousreply 588September 29, 2020 5:11 PM

Reminder: Part II here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589September 29, 2020 5:13 PM

Nancy is framing this perfectly. The emphasis should be on who he owes hundreds of millions to.

by Anonymousreply 590September 29, 2020 5:13 PM

I would love it if Bill Gates and Elon Musk, who are true billionaires, would reveal how much they paid in taxes in the same time frame, to give people some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 591September 29, 2020 5:13 PM

I would love it if Bill Gates and Elon Musk, who are true billionaires, would reveal how much they paid in taxes in the same time frame, to give people some perspective.

by Anonymousreply 592September 29, 2020 5:13 PM

CNN anchors have been saying that people in Trump's alleged wealth class pay about 24% of their income in taxes, on average.

by Anonymousreply 593September 29, 2020 5:37 PM

Is it possible to have a negative FICO score?

by Anonymousreply 594September 29, 2020 5:43 PM

i could be

by Anonymousreply 595September 29, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote]Rest assured, they're on it.

So they're confirming the tax returns are legit.

God job, House GOP.

by Anonymousreply 596September 29, 2020 5:48 PM

God job?

by Anonymousreply 597September 29, 2020 5:52 PM

R591 Neither of whom are President and are running for President, with concerns about 4-5 hundred million in debt to unknown people or institutions. In a sense, it's irrelevant how much Musk or Bedos or Gates did or didn't pay. The whole country know that the tax codes can be manipulated to shelter income. Warren Buffet annually reminds us he pays a lower % of income than his secretary. It's not even a question as to whether or not Trump did anything Illegal with the tax code... most Americans just assume he did, his supporters and the rest both.

What matters is he won't disclose details... details that indicate he is celebrity personage, not a smart billionaire. Details that show he may have lied about his finances in loan applications (a crime) and even more concerning, he has such a level of unknown debt that were he a normal citizen, he could get security clearance because of his possible vulnerability of compromise. A person who couldn't get a basic security clearance has complete access to all our intelligence, and is walking around with the nuclear codes.

by Anonymousreply 598September 29, 2020 6:01 PM

R591 Neither of whom are President and are running for President, with concerns about 4-5 hundred million in debt to unknown people or institutions. In a sense, it's irrelevant how much Musk or Bedos or Gates did or didn't pay. The whole country know that the tax codes can be manipulated to shelter income. Warren Buffet annually reminds us he pays a lower % of income than his secretary. It's not even a question as to whether or not Trump did anything Illegal with the tax code... most Americans just assume he did, his supporters and the rest both.

What matters is he won't disclose details... details that indicate he is celebrity personage, not a smart billionaire. Details that show he may have lied about his finances in loan applications (a crime) and even more concerning, he has such a level of unknown debt that were he a normal citizen, he could get security clearance because of his possible vulnerability of compromise. A person who couldn't get a basic security clearance has complete access to all our intelligence, and is walking around with the nuclear codes.

by Anonymousreply 599September 29, 2020 6:01 PM

Trump's a fat piece of shit!

by Anonymousreply 600September 29, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote]God job?

*Good job

Lapsus keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 601September 29, 2020 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!