Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everything OLD is new again....Madonna to Direct Her Biopic, Co-Written by Diablo Cody for Universal

I think this had been in the works back in 2017, if not earlier. From the article:

"Looks like Madonna is her own lucky star.

In what seems to be an unprecedented creative move, the pop icon will direct a film about her life and career — one that’s been heavily teased on her social media accounts, through script sessions with her Oscar-winning co-writer Diablo Cody.

That Madonna, whose staggering five-decade career has seen countless musical reinventions and a run at filmmaking and acting, would direct her own journey from New York City’s slums to the heights of global stardom is beyond rare. The super-famous are often involved peripherally as creative consultants and executive producers in their own adapted stories (like recent awards players like “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Rocketman”).

The untitled film has landed at Universal Pictures, under the wing of filmed entertainment group chair Donna Langley and producer Amy Pascal, whose eponymous company is set up on the Universal lot. A production timeline is unknown and principal cast has yet to be announced.

“I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer — a human being, trying to make her way in this world,” Madonna said in a statement. “The focus of this film will always be music. Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive. There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me. It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 8:45 PM

What on earth is left to tell? We heard all about her pussy in that book, seen her tits, how she loves her uncut pinga, is a selfish bitch to staff and fans. I know all I need to know.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 8:16 PM

We know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 8:17 PM

Madonna actually could have an interesting biopic, but I'm betting this won't be it.

I've said it before - if she could just fucking chill and be an elder statesman of the entertainment industry - laugh at herself a little, accept she's past her prime, tell stories from when she was on top and her years in the business.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 8:18 PM

I want to know if she is planning to star in it. If so, the Vaseline budget for use on the camera lens will be astronomical,

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 8:19 PM

I take back every bad thing I said about Norma Desmond's "Salome."

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 8:24 PM

Some of the comments attached to the Variety article lack the enthusiasm I'm sure she expected:

"Gee, how convenient to ignore her thrilling turn in the 1986 bomb SHANGHAI SURPRISE…"

"D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R"

"Whats the one thing I have that Madonna clearly doesn’t? Honest friends."

"A tribute to her ego."

"I don’t see what is so surprising. Self promotion has always been her prime talent."

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 8:30 PM

I would actually love a Madonna biopic

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 8:32 PM

She didn't start out in New York City's slums. She started out in Bay City, Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 8:32 PM

The documentary was fun. Warren, Kevin Costner, tantrums. But enough already.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!