Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ancient sea hag Madonna will be directing her own biopic!

Never change, ancient sea hag Madonna!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2020 7:26 AM

This is one of those roles where only a trans woman of color can be cast.

If Angelica Ross doesn't get the role then Madonna better phone JK Rowling for coping mechanicms.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 6:19 PM

I haven't seen any of them, but all the movies she's directed and co-written have been, by all accounts, really bad. I don't see how this one will turn out any different. It's a shame because, in the right hands, a Madonna biopic, or a series of them, could be really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 6:25 PM

Oh. Dear. God.

I can't wait! This'll be the trainwreck of the year. You think Diablo Cody could force some self-awareness out of Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 6:25 PM

Who asked for this? And this really should be a Lifetime or Hallmark movie or they should resurrect the network movie of the week or miniseries, but not for the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 6:31 PM

She’s not even worth a Lifetime intimate portrait.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 6:51 PM

Say what you will about her but Madonnas life has been amazing and people still can’t stop talking about her even though she’s in the boring rich old lady part of her life.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 8:35 PM

Leo Madonna..

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 8:44 PM

If she's directing again the project is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 9:44 PM

That’s one of the best pics I’ve seen of her in a long time, so it’s obviously old.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 9:49 PM

I'm offended! I look nothing like that cunt crone!

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 10:00 PM

Since the audience will be old and ancient, will they add in bathroom breaks?

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 10:11 PM

Was thinking the same thing R9

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 10:20 PM

Can you imagine the hell the actress who plays Madge will have to endure?

I couldn't even.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 11:41 PM

Madonna directing can't be any worse than closeted queen Bradley Cooper directing, Reductive One at R13.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 11:51 PM

You can already tell by the Instagram Q&A she did last week that she’s rewriting history. She was talking about how there’s a scene with her and her sister Paula in the movie, yet says nothing about her brother Christopher who she was closest to and was with from her days in NYC up till she married Guy Bitchie. Even though she may have been pissed that her brother wrote that book, nevertheless he was a huge part of her life for many years so for her to not include him in the movie shows she’s letting her ego get in the way and not telling the full story by picking and choosing what to include based on who she likes at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 12:08 AM

Didn't she ghost-direct the concert film "Truth Or Dare"? She hired a director she could lord over.

WHET him anyway?

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 12:09 AM

A sociopath has to be in charge of her own narrative.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 12:11 AM

It's sad that she's going to let her ego turn what could be a huge triumph into a giant disaster. There's so much great material in her life, and obviously so many incredible songs, that a film should be excellent with a decent cast. But now it's just another in her long line of film vanity projects that'll fail.

If she was smart, she would've tried to get David Fincher to do it. Would instantly give it some prestige and a media hook with them reuniting after so many years.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 12:19 AM

Screen Credits:

Film Title: MADONNA

A MADONNA Film

Starring: MADONNA Directed by: MADONNA Executive Producer: MADONNA Screenwriter: MADONNA Cinematography by: MADONNA Editor: MADONNA Music by: MADONNA Hairstyles by: MADONNA Costume Design: MADONNA Set Design by: MADONNA Sound by: MADONNA Technical Crew: MADONNA

This is a MADONNA Production.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 12:36 AM

Soundtrack by: MADONNA

Songs Written by: MADONNA (and dozens of others who need not be mentioned).

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 12:42 AM

I happen to think W.E. was a good effort for a sophomore director. It was beautifully shot, had a sumptuous soundtrack, and an interesting intertwining storylines concept, although it dragged in places, and I didn't care much for the romanticized portraits of Edward and Wallis. It was more style over substance, much like Tom Ford's directorial effort "A Single Man." But Ford got the acclaim, and Madge got hate.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 12:45 AM

R18, I doubt David Fincher would want to be part of a vanity project like this one. Funnily enough, the other night I was watching some of the music videos that David Fincher directed. His work with Madonna and Paula Abdul was perfection. He ended up mastering the art form. Their record companies or David should remaster and upscale those videos so they can be enjoyed in high quality.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 12:45 AM

She's a better director than Guy Ritchie.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 12:48 AM

I hope they cast Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 12:49 AM

Holy fucking shit. At this point she's certifiably insane. She has to be. Forget deluded. This is the insanity kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 12:53 AM

Exactly WHY they should cast our Faye

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 12:54 AM

Make-up by: MADONNA

Theme Song: “MADONNA”

Sung by: MADONNA

Music by: MADONNA

Lyrics by: MADONNA

Personal Assistant to MADONNA: The newly hired assistant who was fired or resigned on the same day.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 1:00 AM

I'm sure she'll also leave out Sean Penn beating the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 1:00 AM

How unfortunate. It will be a bomb.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 1:05 AM

I’m surprised Madonna isn’t playing herself. God help any masochistic actress who does.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 1:06 AM

Cameo Appearance: MADONNA

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 1:07 AM

You guys are funny thinking that Madonna is going to cast a young actress to play young Madonna when Madonna has not aged a day since she was 22 years old!

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 1:07 AM

Can we start a social media movement urging Madonna to play herself? This could snowball. We could really make this into a spectacular expressionistic work of the ego with just a little false flattery.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 1:08 AM

I thought this was going to be a serious attempt with Julia Garner as Madonna. With Madonna directing, I would advise her to turn it down.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 1:17 AM

She continues to destroy her legacy. It was bad enough she was co-writing the project but now directing it?

PASS

She should go get another facelift and leave the film to the pros.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 1:17 AM

R35, Madonna is just co-writing it? I’m shocked that she share the credit.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 1:19 AM

Madonna should act out the full 100-minute script, all parts, while sitting in a milky bath and wearing the face of a Korean woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2020 1:21 AM

Don’t ever mention A Single Man and Madonna in the same breath ..that film was brilliant

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2020 1:29 AM

Doesn’t the whole life story of Madonna in 2020 amount to 60 years of cultural appropriation? How is this going to get by the Twitter Department of Standards and Practices?

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 1:31 AM

R3 is adorable Diablo Cody and self-awareness ?!?!

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2020 3:20 AM

Even Brian May who has to be part of every aspect of Queen, was smart enough to realize that he needed people who know how to make films and stepped back and acted as a consultant.

Of course, Madonna would never be able to do the same.

Funny for years she wouldn't perform old songs in concert and isn't reissuing her old albums, but now she is suddenly interested in her past.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2020 3:22 AM

There’s no hope for this project if she’s directing. Going to be a creative and commercial bomb.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2020 3:24 AM

This is 4,056th reason why Guy Oseary is a horrible manager. This is such a waste of time. It will FLOP and further trash her already tainted legacy.

Freddy DeMann would have had a private conversation with her YEARS ago and tell her to pull it together. She's had way too much free reign.

I really do think Freddy and Liz helped contain a lot of Madonna's craziness back then. Guy doesn't give a shit, just cashes the cheque and lets M further ruin her career.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2020 3:30 AM

There aren't enough acting coaches in the world or technological advances in CGI for Madonna to play herself in her own biopic!

Just hire Jamie Auld, send her to acting lessons and have her lipsync to Madonna's old hits or re-recordings of her hits sung by a good soundalike and maybe you'll get a decent film.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2020 4:01 AM

Her success is unmatched:

“ Madonna is a multi-award-winning artist, activist and humanitarian. Certified the best-selling female music artist in history, she has sold 335 million records worldwide and remains the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008, Madonna remains one of the most awarded and critically acclaimed artists in history, with 658 prominent global award nominations and 225 wins. She has graced more than 4,700 coveted magazine covers worldwide. Generations of world class artists celebrate her influence on their lives, work and personal style.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2020 4:12 AM

MacDonalds is popular too.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2020 4:26 AM

Starring as Madonna...Alicia Witt!

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2020 4:38 AM

I am a longtime fan of Madonna's. She's accomplished a lot. But she's past the point of no return. The spotty recent albums, the hideous, shocking plastic surgeries, the late shows, the shitty attitude (funny how her "nice" period with Evita and Ray of Light didn't last that long - she couldn't keep up that act) and now this display of narcissism and freakish control just show she is going to decline even further.

Even Streisand wouldn't engage in such a display of narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2020 4:42 AM

You bitches are so cruel to (aging) women. FU, all.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2020 4:47 AM

I don’t think that’s true. People have been hoping she would age gracefully for the last 20 years. She was so successful but she can never give up trying to be a teenager. It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2020 5:06 AM

People can hope, but she does as she pleases, and doesn't give a rat's ass how you think she should behave.

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2020 5:13 AM

Clearly, which is why she has gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2020 5:23 AM

She may not give a rat's ass what we think of her but when even your own fans start turning away in droves because of your atrocious behaviour, maybe she should, you know, give a rat's ass.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2020 5:39 AM

There is pre Kabbalah Madonna (Freddy Demann) & Post Kabbalah (Guy Oseaery). Was Guy in charge for the Ray of Light comeback?

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote]Was Guy in charge for the Ray of Light comeback?

No, he didn’t become her manager until 2005...which tells you all you need to know about how her career has been since then.

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2020 6:12 AM

Guy who? Madison, Ritchie, Pearce, Smiley, or Williams?

by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2020 6:15 AM

Oseary.

Both Madonna and Oseary have done quite the job ruining her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2020 6:40 AM

New details of the project just came out: It’s not actually a movie, but a multi-season series inspired by The Crown. “Diablo and I began talking about this project,” Madonna said, “and we both realized that the Queen of England can’t be understood in fewer than five seasons, and so how can I, when I have accomplished so much more with my life?”

When asked to justify that comment, Madonna laughed. “She colonized Africa. The atrocities! Meanwhile, I saved Malawi myself, adopting and raising half its children in civilization with a decent religion. They call me Mother Madonna. That’s a whole season, don’t you think?”

About her working relationship with Juno writer Diablo Cody, Madonna told us, “I honestly had no idea who she was when she came to me. My first thought was, ‘Uh oh. Has the devil come to collect on our deal?’ But Wikipedia told me right away she was a stripper and she has written movies and that TV show with the ugly Australian woman, not Kidman, the other one, and that’s good enough for me. Even if she pops out a turd, I’ll polish it with my BAFTA-worthy directing.”

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2020 11:33 AM

You bitches trash Madonna yet praise the musical geniuses of Paula Abdul and Pebbles. GFY!

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2020 5:51 PM

Makeup By:

Industrial Light and Magic, Inc

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2020 6:45 PM

It's not like it needs to have any real dialogue.

Her rabid fans are all queens and they'll shriek every time she appears on screen, so dialogue would just get in the way.....

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2020 6:47 PM

I can’t believe the OP of the other thread didn’t put “Madonna” in the heading so people can search for it

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2020 3:49 PM

I watched about 5 minutes of W.E. and it was...a, um, film.

Her life story would be best handled by someone who's NOT a humorless bitch (like she is). I've always thought a musical incorporating her best songs would be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2020 4:01 PM

She really is humorless to a remarkable degree. And you get the sense she believes her wit is beyond most people, when she is really just a crass sourpuss.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2020 4:09 PM

This and todays Instagram posts show her as visibly drunk. She's more concerned with keeping her glass full of wine than actually trying to rationally discuss the project. I think she hired Diablo as a stooge to just sit there and listen to her ramble on about how important and great she is.

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2020 4:32 PM

How do we nominate Diablo Cody for an Oscar for her performance in “Tolerating Madonna for a Paycheck”?

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2020 4:35 PM

I'm surprised to see Madonna drinking and Diablo looks miserable.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2020 5:22 PM

R67 Why are you surprised to see her drinking? She does it often in her instagram posts.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2020 5:52 PM

HBO really should develop a comedy about an eccentric, egotistical, and comically desperate former pop star who's working with a quirky screenwriter to bring her life story to the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2020 8:36 PM

BoJack Horseman meets Sunset Blvd.

by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2020 8:45 PM

Diablo must be regretting this. I don't know why she agreed to this. Madonna has been a mess the past few years so it's not like it's a new thing.

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2020 9:03 PM

[quote]Diablo must be regretting this. I don't know why she agreed to this.

I’m sure she is. In that Q&A IG video they did last week Madonna was a real bitch and kept making snarky comments to her.

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2020 10:49 PM

Great idea R69. Maybe Cody can use this as the basis of a new “fictional” series or film.

I could see Lady Gaga in the role of young Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2020 12:00 AM

Madonna's probably paying Diablo Cody $500 to write her life story given how damn cheap she is. If Diablo Cody were a Frida Kahlo painting Madonna would be throwing stacks of money at her.

She tried to pay the guy who directed A Certain Sacrifice $500 or $5,000 for the rights to the film because she's so ashamed of being in it and screamed "fuck you" at him when he refused to let her rip him off.

Trust me when she dies the adopted kids get bigger shares, the rest goes to Malawi and Lola and Rocco will get measly little trust funds if they're lucky.

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2020 12:15 AM

Notting Hill was based on the relationship between Madonna and Guy Ritchie. It really wouldn't surprise me if Madonna's videos of her and Diablo working haven't inspired a screenwriter already.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2020 1:30 AM

I am sure Diablo is taking notes for her own, better screenplay of a pathetic has been popstar.

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2020 1:44 AM

This montage includes a lot of drinking. The disciplined Madonna everyone respected is done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2020 1:57 AM

Omg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2020 2:00 AM

Why is she dressed like Beetlejuice?

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote]Notting Hill was based on the relationship between Madonna and Guy Ritchie. It really wouldn't surprise me if Madonna's videos of her and Diablo working haven't inspired a screenwriter already.

Really? Wasn't Hugh Grant's character in 'Notting Hill' the owner of a indie bookstore? A total unknown? Guy Ritchie was already a well known film director when he met The Haggis.

IIRC, I read it here on DL many years ago, the film was based on The Haggis affair with an unknown British singer, think his last name was Byrd.

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2020 2:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2020 2:11 AM

R81, I got her English boyfriends mixed up. All I remembered was that it was inspired by one of them.

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2020 2:18 AM

Byrd was an "unknown drifter"? Leave it to Mad-Donna

Did she get any decent songs out of the affair?

by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2020 2:26 AM

Now I'm really confused, is this man the same Andrew Bird/Byrd who is a singer? That article made no mention of this guy being a singer.

Any photos of this man with Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2020 2:35 AM

R84, Andy Bird wasn't a singer. He was a wannabe screenwriter who worked as a doorman at the Met Bar in Mayfair. He was good friends with screenwriter, Richard Curtis (Four Weddings and a Funeral, Bridget Jones' Diary, Love Actually, Notting Hill). Hugh Grant claimed that Notting Hill was loosely based on real life friend of Curtis' who fell in love with an "extremely world-famous person" whom Grant wasn't allowed to mention. However, years later Curtis revealed that that famous person was Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2020 2:51 AM

Found of a photo of the father of Madonna's aborted baby, Andy Bird. He doesn't seem like her type at all. He must have a big dick, I can't imagine her with a guy who looks like this.

He looks a bit like the late 1970s singer Nick Drake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2020 6:24 AM

[quote]Found of a photo of the father of Madonna's aborted baby, Andy Bird. He doesn't seem like her type at all. He must have a big dick, I can't imagine her with a guy who looks like this.

In the late 90’s, Madonna was desperate to get married, and when you’re in your 40’s and are a washed up cum slut, your options are slim when trying to find a husband.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2020 6:30 AM

[quote]when you’re in your 40’s and are a washed up cum slut

Well didn't she used to say she was a gay man trapped in a woman's body?

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2020 6:35 AM

That article said Madonna made Andy disinfectant his feet before she allowed him in bed. ugh

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2020 6:41 AM

Story by MADONNA.

Man, this will suck so bad and bomb like Hiroshima. She's incapable of looking at herself objectively and all her failures (marriages, movies) will be the fault of others. She will not be honest about her celebrity lovers either because, like them, she thinks they're gods on Olympus who deserve different standards.

by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2020 6:57 AM

Jasmine Guy?

by Anonymousreply 91September 18, 2020 7:05 AM

I won't be watching.

by Anonymousreply 92September 18, 2020 7:47 AM

What is Mr. Bird up to now? Fucking some other famous woman? Is he the male version of 'securing the purse'?

He's sure no boy toy now!

by Anonymousreply 93September 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Now the old slut is peddling her Madame Flop perfume on IG.🙄

by Anonymousreply 94September 25, 2020 2:52 AM

Madame X is a groundbreaking album. No wonder Madonna wanted to name a perfume after it.

Who wouldn't want to smell like an album that sold ten copies?

by Anonymousreply 95September 25, 2020 2:55 AM

Will she include scenes of all the deejays in the 1980’s she blew or more to get her music played? This was very well known.

by Anonymousreply 96September 25, 2020 3:02 AM

According to Variety, Madonna is hoping to land gay icon and living legend Billy Porter to play the leading role in Madge’s biopic. “Billy has the look, the drive, and the talent to really do me justice”, said the Material Girl to a friend. “Billy is an artistic genius who can play every emotion from A-B, just like me. Can you imagine the raw sexuality that nude scenes with Billy would have?” Madonna added.

No word from Billy’s camp if the mega star of Pussy has fallen for Madonna’s charms. Billy is a highly in demand actor, producer, baker, dancer, and chemist right now. Madonna may have to “Cherish the Thought” of not having a global force of nature that is Billy Porter in her film

by Anonymousreply 97September 25, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]Will she include scenes of all the deejays in the 1980’s she blew or more to get her music played?

That's rich coming from the community of those who drop to their knees in a filthy toilet stall to suck the unknown (and probably diseased) anonymous cock that pokes through a hole.

by Anonymousreply 98September 25, 2020 4:08 AM

Speak for yourself whore

by Anonymousreply 99September 25, 2020 4:14 AM

She had her kids dancing to Like a Virgin at David’s birthday party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 29, 2020 4:03 AM

r100 - she looks and sounds great there. Her vocal quality is very "healthy" - she sounds like a woman who does not smoke or drink regularly. I would place her voice in the 26-30 range.

I'm very shocked by her vocal quality and health of vocals, because based on recent Insta feeds she has been putting force an image of heavy drinking, toking, and allegedly pill popping. But her voice sounds very, very healthy when speaking to her son and has same tonality as "Vogue" and "Express Yourself" recordings.

by Anonymousreply 101September 29, 2020 4:10 AM

r101 It's my cum.

by Anonymousreply 102September 29, 2020 4:11 AM

R101 WTF are you talking about? She sounds like she always does.

by Anonymousreply 103September 29, 2020 4:58 AM

Hi Madge at R98!

by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2020 7:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!