Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are gay cruises like?

I’ve never been on one, or any cruise for that matter. Is your experience entirely dependent on your looks or are there other factors that can make it a fun time?

by Anonymousreply 8215 hours ago

[quote] What are gay cruises like?

Unfortunately they look like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109/13/2020

I've been on 30+ cruises -seven of them all-gay cruises. Enjoyed all of them. Gay cruises are especially relaxing because you are free to be yourself with no cares about social conventions or worries about upsetting straight people. The guys are every type and every age -20s through 80s and beyond. Contrary to popular belief it is not just a bath house at sea. Yes, people are hooking up all the time -but they are also eating, sunbathing, watching shows, dancing, eating, swimming, working out, eating, and eating. Seriously, the all-gay cruises are much friendlier that traditional straight cruises, and way friendlier than your typical big-city gay club. Everyone talks to everyone. I'm in my late 50s (and, this being DL, I of course look 20 years younger than that) and not in great shape. But the hot guys at the pool still talk to me, and I am welcome to join them in the hot tub. Being at sea doesn't mean you're going to hook up with someone way outta your league, but they will at least talk to you and treat you like a human being. And for the record, I'm single and have hooked up a lot on gay cruises.

by Anonymousreply 209/13/2020

Cruises are disgusting, crowds of idiots polluting the earth on a floating two star hotel. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 309/13/2020

There’s a show on Netflix or some other streaming service that’s called DreamBoat and it’s basically a documentary about this very topic. It’s worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 409/13/2020

R1 that's a bear cruise, so not representative..... at least I hope not. That said, I did see one or two guys I like in the pics in amongst the bears. And for someone who is attracted to bears (I'm not) I'd imagine they would have a very good time..

by Anonymousreply 509/13/2020

A journey into hell, OP.

by Anonymousreply 609/13/2020

Among the gay cruises, which is the best? Atlantis?

by Anonymousreply 709/13/2020

Your only choices are Atlantis and RSVP -and they are really the same company. People try to make out the RSVP is for the older, more sedate crowd and Atlantis is for the younger, hotter crowd. Not true in my experience. The destination/length/cruise line/cost is going to determine the crowd. The cruise line will determine the quality of food and service. Read the reviews for the ship you are considering. They will hold up for your gay cruise with the following differences:

1. The usually bad entertainment will be replaced on the gay cruise with different bad entertainment. More drag acts.

2. The gay cruise will typically have three or four parties every day. Themed, with costumes.

by Anonymousreply 809/14/2020

Flatulence of the Seas

by Anonymousreply 909/14/2020

Which cruise lines are the best ones for an RSVP or Atlantis cruise?

by Anonymousreply 1009/14/2020

Go to a buffet at Golden Corral in a speedo and eat way too much. Afterward, lay out in the parking lot to get a sun burn, then post pics of yourself on DL asking for everyone’s harshest insults. Then go to a motel room, RV park or local hostel, get really wasted on Andre Brut & cry yourself to sleep listening to Connie Francis or The Vandellas. That should approximate a realistic experience without wasting the money at sea.

by Anonymousreply 1109/14/2020

r11 YOU, my friend, are a genius. I can't stop chuckling.

by Anonymousreply 1209/15/2020

[quote] cry yourself to sleep listening to Connie Francis

Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 1309/15/2020

Andre brut?

Bwah ha ha

by Anonymousreply 1409/15/2020

I was going to mention the same thing R4 says. Watch the documentary "Dream Boat" on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 1509/15/2020

I imagine it smells heavily of dried up cum and lube. Ass smells and chlorine. I never understood the appeal of a cruise. I much rather go to an all Inclusive in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 1609/15/2020

[quote]But the hot guys at the pool still talk to me, and I am welcome to join them in the hot tub.

Did you bring the party favors, Steve?

by Anonymousreply 1709/15/2020

If I die and go to hell, I'll spend eternity on a gay cruise.

by Anonymousreply 1809/15/2020

STD’s on the High Seas!

by Anonymousreply 1909/15/2020

R2...30+ cruises? Argh -that is nothing to be proud of. I can't imagine ever being inclined to go on a cruise - it's jusst so lazy, unimaginative and low-class. I live in Key West and unforutnately have had to be around cruise ship passengers - it's like a NASCAR convention. Fortunately we have not had a cruise ship her since March and we now have a referendum vote coming in the Novemeber ballot that will limit the size, frequency and environmental quality of ships that are allowed to come here. The charming, funky character of Key West of the past was completely destroyed by cruise ships. I hope this pandamic obliterates the cruise industry.

by Anonymousreply 2009/15/2020

I happened to be on a ‘regular’ cruise on the same day when a cruise cruise was in Curacao. I’ve never seen so many spray tans in one place! I’m not a big fan of cruises in general and only go on them as they are a good speed for my elderly father. There’s never enough time to really visit a destination compared to real travel. Many people who go on them seem to care more about the buffets than the destinations.

by Anonymousreply 2109/15/2020

Cruises are so passé.

by Anonymousreply 2209/15/2020

What's a "cruise cruise", r21?

by Anonymousreply 2309/15/2020

Interesting that the guys who post all the negative comments about cruises have never been on one. If you haven't actually been on a gay cruise, then you have NO FUCKING BASIS for offering an answer to the question "What are gay cruises like?"

For the record: all those cruises and I've never picked up an STD or any other illness (other than seasickness one time). If you don't want to go on a cruise, gay or straight, that's fine. I just don't get your perverse need to denigrate the experience with made-up tales of filth and disease. You sound like Trumpistas, creating your own reality from made-up "facts" that have no basis in reality...

by Anonymousreply 24Last Wednesday at 8:39 PM

R24 if not picking up an STD is your benchmark for having had a good time then I’ll look elsewhere for input.

Thanks though! You sound really classy.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 8:44 PM

Oh, grow up, R25. I enumerated several reasons why gay cruises are enjoyable in my original post. The comment about not getting STDs was clearly in response to the posts from R19 and his ilk.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 8:54 PM

[quote] [R2]...30+ cruises? Argh -that is nothing to be proud of. I can't imagine ever being inclined to go on a cruise - it's jusst so lazy, unimaginative and low-class.

OP asked what gay cruises are like and R2 had some information based on experience. What's wrong with that? Nobody's saying that everybody must love cruises. Just sharing information.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 8:59 PM

R11 hilarious!

I came back from Italy a couple of years ago and my flight from Rome was a lot of cruise passengers. Most could barely walk or were in some kind of wheelchair. I probably met one of you bitches and didn’t even know it lol

But seriously, I if I could barely walk, I would find a cruise pretty exhausting. Do they just park folks on the deck?

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 9:04 PM

R28 you’ll find that most of the wheelchair-bound miraculously regain the use of their legs on arrival during the sprint to Baggage Reclaim.

It’s like fucking Lourdes out there at LAX on a busy morning.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 9:18 PM

They're like the straight ones, just less kids, and more Speedos and VDs.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 9:21 PM

Jacuzzis on gay cruises are like a big cauldron of egg drop soup.

C’mon in, the water’s fine! 🤢

by Anonymousreply 31Last Wednesday at 9:31 PM

What I find fascinating about gay cruises is how many guys (who have never done one) are so vocally against them and insulting of the people who like them. It is quite weird to me that people get so worked up over something that, if they have no interest in doing, shouldn't matter at all to them.

The concept is not one I'm particularly interested in, but clearly loads of guys do have a good time and good for them. Let people like what they like, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Friday at 12:37 AM

Aren’t cruises still Petri dishes for Covid?

by Anonymousreply 33Last Friday at 1:28 AM

I can't think of anything worse than a gay cruise.

It would be my version of hell.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Friday at 2:00 AM

R32, I think guys that bash cruises are the same guys that go home alone from gay bars/clubs.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Friday at 2:23 AM

I'm glad guys on DL continually bash gay cruises. I have never been on one so it makes me feel not only better about myself but superior to all the gays who have been on a gay cruise. Thanks DL. I can always count on you for an undeserved shot of self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Friday at 3:12 AM

R35 - I totally disagree. I think the guys that"bash crusies" are just guys with good taste. My idea of vacation and travelling is not some scheduled, packaged, unimaginative romp with 4 hours stops at ugly island cruside ship ports along the way. Rather, I enjoy going to a single destination, renting a home and immersing myself, as much as I am able, in that place's culture. Discovering things on my own, getting recommendations from locals, seeing off-beat sights, that's much more preferable to me.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Friday at 5:27 AM

Just like with heteros, there is a fraction of the population that want to go on an "adventure" that is completely pre-packaged, safe and digestible without putting much work. Not everyone wants to figure out a 6-day vacation on their own. Cruises are like the Olive Garden and Red Lobster of vacationing. Not my thing, but go for it, sis!

by Anonymousreply 38Last Friday at 5:35 AM

R32 exactly. A cruise doesnt really sound like my idea of a good time, with no opportunities for hiking or bike rides etc, although all the sex sounds like fun. But I'm sure they are great for a lot of people, and as you say, good for them

Its like the people I see on here that insist that only certain types of guy can be attractive, which just totally ignores the reality that people are attracted to all sorts of guys, each to their own

by Anonymousreply 39Last Friday at 6:23 AM

I hate the petri dish aspect of the thought of going on a cruise, but what is appealing is being able to get to a very distant destination (like Australia) without having to fly there sitting in a seat that reclines one half an inch for 26 straight hours in a Greyhound bus in the sky crammed in with 300 people all breathing the same air and talking.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Friday at 6:36 AM

r32 people are always embarrassed or ashamed of all gay places unless they mirror straight spaces. It's like their worst fear is being seen next to a speedo clad man having a good time. One day they will realize that people really don't give a shit about what they do. All this energy about keeping appearances is just an excuse to waste the precious time we have on Earth.

I haven't been on a gay cruise but I had friends go no one in January. I'm really sad I didn't join since the world sort of stopped soon afterward. They are in their early 20s and usually have a really great time when we go on trips. I asked them if it was a wild party, but they supposed me by saying that they gravitated towards a more chill group of guys in their late 20s. The hooked up with a few people, but it wasn't the fuck fest I expected. Seems like they enjoyed the ship and just found a group to hang out with for the duration of the voyage. They did say there were invites to wild parties vie a massive WhatsApp chain (or maybe it was Snapchat). One overzealous Queen was posting all of the room or deck locations for hot action. The cruises are what people want them to be. Like others said it sounds nice to just be in a gay space. It doesn't have to be anything more than that.

I also think my friends did a little more then they let on, but they've never been bashful about sex so I'm inclined to leave it alone. I plan to go on a gay cruise within the next year or two after we kick COVID's ass.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Friday at 7:07 AM

R37, I was going to say you missed the boat on what cruises are all about -But no one would possibly believe the pun wasn't intended. So...

A cruise is a vacation, not an adventure or a cultural experience. For most of us cruise-aholics, the point of the trip is to be somewhere where your telephone has no signal, there's no live TV, the internet is glacially slow and massively overpriced, and the are plenty of deck chairs in the sun, cheap fruity drinks galore, and the only decision making is the momentous choice of entree at dinner. A cruise is a time to unwind, vegetate, and recharge your batteries. The port-du-jour offers opportunities for water sports (not that kind), bicycling, cooking or dance classes, shopping, and other mindless fun. At-sea days are given over to Olympic-level tanning, spa treatments, and hangovers.

When I want intellectual stimulation and culture I go to Europe. When I want adventure I go whitewater rafting. But when I am down to my last nerve and dreading another day at work, I want a cruise. A mindless, non-productive down time where I have no responsibilities. On a gay cruise I get laid every day. And dessert whenever I want it.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Friday at 5:38 PM

I love you r42

by Anonymousreply 43Last Friday at 7:00 PM

R42 you make a very convincing case, especially for Americans who only get TWO weeks holiday time (we get a minimum of four, many employers offer 5-6). If you only have that limited time and you're pretty burnt out (like a lot of emergency people are at the moment) a safe, prepackaged, predictable holiday that requires absolutely nothing in the way of planning or thought seems a very attractive option

by Anonymousreply 44Last Friday at 8:14 PM

People who can’t afford a vacation are the most vocally against any locale or type of vacation when it’s brought up. Broke ass jealous bitches.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Friday at 8:51 PM

Is there cruising on cruises?

by Anonymousreply 46Last Friday at 8:54 PM

Yes, R46 -Even on "straight" cruises. On a recent one I met a cute, married guy in the sauna who took me back to his cabin and... Never saw him again, but I did wonder if his wife noticed the cum stains. And straight people hook up on cruises all the time. Discreetly, of course. That's one advantage of the gay cruises. No one batts an eye as you emerge from someone else's cabin or if you climb out of the jacuzzi with a hard-on. (unless it's a big one) Another advantage is that you can hold hands and have a romantic kiss with your boyfriend on a moonlit deck and passersby will say, "Awww..." not "Ugh!"

by Anonymousreply 47Last Saturday at 9:15 AM

I think that as a one-off to your regular vacations these could be fun. I've always wanted to go on one, just to have a wild, unjudged few days at sea with like-minded guys from all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Saturday at 10:57 AM

i picture a lot of CRAY gooses

by Anonymousreply 49Last Saturday at 10:58 AM

R42, you sum it up perfectly. This is exactly why I go on a long-ish cruise every year. Generally speaking, I find it very hard to relax on vacation, and if I go to, say , a nice city somewhere, I will be up at the crack of dawn and tramping the streets, going to every museum and gallery I can find, learning about the culture of the city and enjoying every minute of it. Then I get back to the hotel, have a nightcap, and go to bed. Rinse and repeat. Same when I go hiking: up at the crack of dawn, and walk until the sun is going down. When I get back home, I'm more tired than when I left.

On a cruise, I'm forced to relax because there is nothing else to do. Quite often, I don't even go ashore on port days, especially if the weather is nice. I'll be quite happy sitting on a sun-lounger and writing in my journal, with a steady supply of something (usually) alcoholic. My OH isn't convinced yet, but he's only been on one cruise so far, and it was too new to him, so he couldn't relax. We're going on a transatlantic next year.

I've never been on a specifically gay-themed cruise, but there have been FoD meetings on almost all of the cruises I have been on. Sometimes they're a bit meh, but most of the time there are some guys who are good fun (not that sort, you perv). That said, over the years I've made more straight friends on cruises than gay ones. It's not a guarantee, but most of the people you meet on a cruise are of the broad-minded traveller variety.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Saturday at 11:02 AM

Who the fuck is even thinking about cruises right now?

by Anonymousreply 51Last Saturday at 11:09 AM

All of us daydreamers who can't do shit right now, duh.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Saturday at 11:33 AM

Ah, good point.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Saturday at 11:38 AM

[quote] What are gay cruises like?

An insufferable never ending trip to Hell

by Anonymousreply 54Last Saturday at 11:58 AM

Had a great time on an Atlantis cruise years ago. I travel a lot (3-4 trips per year) and it was such a relief to not have to plan anything in advance. Working now on a big family trip to Hawaii next year. Hard to get everyone on the same page in terms of the destinations, hotels, budget, etc., Same issue for our most recent trips to China, India and Japan. I spent months organizing these vacations.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Saturday at 12:26 PM

Stuck-up gold digging rent boys, pretentious and elitist guppies in mean girl cliques or prissy pearl clutching sissies singing show tunes in the bars. Making fun of people who dare to eat at the buffet or order second helpings of anything. Sneaking drugs onboard the ship. Paying exorbitant cabin prices because the entire ship is chartered. Do Pied Piper. They don't take over the entire ship so you don't have to pay extra. I'd avoid RSVP or Atlantis - absolutely vile people.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Saturday at 2:48 PM

If there only were a cruise only for Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Saturday at 3:44 PM

Imagine the constant hissing sound ringing throughout... *shudder*

by Anonymousreply 58Last Saturday at 3:47 PM

I wouldn't leave my room for fear of fashion citations!

by Anonymousreply 59Last Saturday at 3:51 PM

The grammar nazis would sit around and “Oh, Dear” all the conversations around them in the dining room.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Saturday at 4:01 PM

The Meghan Markle soothsayers, along with guest moderators, will assemble daily in Theatre B at 10:30am, right after the coffee has kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Saturday at 4:16 PM

R59 I would be competing to see if I could get the highest possible number of fashion citations. I'd bring all my camo and cargo pants for a start

by Anonymousreply 62Last Saturday at 7:59 PM

Let's make evening meals something special; dust off those family parures, or even your family's utility tiaras for that matter, and sparkle through the buffet line! DL knows it's Tiaras! Its Tiara Time!

by Anonymousreply 63Last Saturday at 8:21 PM

You're outta luck, R62! Every gay cruise I've been on has a military-themed dog tag party. I didn't know they made camp thongs and harnesses...

by Anonymousreply 64Last Saturday at 9:21 PM

Your level of enjoyment and acceptance is based solely on your fuckability.

You'd be better off donating your holiday money to charity.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Saturday at 9:24 PM

In one cafe, you're only served a turkey meatball and a white towel.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Saturday at 10:20 PM

The VACAYA cruises have a designated ‘Red Light District’ where people can be exhibitionists and ‘play’ in public whereas the other cruise companies ‘officially’ don’t allow this. At least they admit what’s the draw for many.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Sunday at 12:16 AM

I've not heard of Vacaya....are they nice cruises?

by Anonymousreply 68Last Sunday at 4:28 PM

That documentary Dream Boat made gay cruises look sad and mean.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Sunday at 5:11 PM

R69 how so? I didn’t see it so would be interested to hear your observations!

by Anonymousreply 70Last Sunday at 5:24 PM

[quote]That documentary Dream Boat made gay cruises look sad and mean.

As a gay man, I find this to be true of any clustering of gays in excess of a two hour time period.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Sunday at 6:32 PM

R70 the gay guys did nothing but bitch, make fun of other people on the ship and there was an Indian guy that was completely ignored pretty much the whole cruise.

by Anonymousreply 72Yesterday at 3:27 AM

Sounds like your average gay bar on the water.

by Anonymousreply 73a day ago

Don't forget the pos guy trying to fuck every guy on the ship and is shown on his knees on the deck of the ship sucking some guys cock.

by Anonymousreply 74a day ago

I'd like to experience one once we get back to normal. For those of you who've been, which one would you recommend? I have seen in the past that these cruises seem to sell out very quickly after they're announced.

by Anonymousreply 75a day ago

Vacaya, r75.

by Anonymousreply 7621 hours ago

I’m gonna go Olivia after reading that thread on DL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7720 hours ago

Herbert, do they have to be so, well, GAY!

by Anonymousreply 7818 hours ago

[quote]I can't imagine ever being inclined to go on a cruise - it's jusst so lazy, unimaginative and low-class. I live in Key West

You lost me at “I live in Key West.”

by Anonymousreply 7918 hours ago

R79 and where do you live? Ohio no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 8017 hours ago

If they are offering an Alaska cruise, start there. The scenery is amazing, and far less pressure to Speedo-up and hang by the pool...

by Anonymousreply 8115 hours ago

R72 all very true. But it was absolutely comedy gold watching Rich C get punched in the face by a tweaked out disgruntled fellow cruiser after Rich made an unpopular and unannounced change to the itinerary. In addition to being under house arrest in his cabin for the remainder of the trip, with ship’s security posted outside his cabin door, I’m pretty sure he’s banned for life from Atlantis.

by Anonymousreply 8215 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!