Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Men of Sex And The City: Part 2

Keep the discussion going on all the hot guys (and not so hot) from the sadly dated SATC.

Link to original thread in R1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349October 4, 2020 2:48 PM

Part 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2020 7:08 AM

You know who I thought was cute? He played such a horrible character, but it was Harry's best man. The one who fucked Carrie like a jackrabbit and hurt her back.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2020 7:23 AM

Victor was so hot in that episode

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2020 7:57 AM

From the other thread:

[quote]Candace Bushnell's husband dumped her for a young ballerina. The funny hing is, she is very pretty, in a blonde, WASP-y way. More of a Charlotte than a Carrie.

Candace Bushnell, like Charlotte, is a pretty WASP. That is where the similarities end. Bushnell was a wild party girl who did coke in the 80's. More Samantha/Carrie, very un-Charlotte. Bushnell questioned the institution of marriage and never wanted kids. Charlotte wanted the old-fashioned marriage & children "happy ending." Candace was never about any of that. Carrie wanted LOVE, but not children, and also questioned traditional marriage.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2020 8:36 AM

This gorgeous stud Kohl Sudduth plays the hot young chef Samantha enjoyed in the first season. He put her off young guys as he made her feel old by commenting on the folds in her neck that gave her character!

Here he is showing everything in a play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2020 9:27 AM

[quote] You know who I thought was cute? He played such a horrible character, but it was Harry's best man. The one who fucked Carrie like a jackrabbit and hurt her back.

Bryan Callan. More horrible in real life it appears.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2020 9:36 AM

I found jackrabbit guy hot too, but didn't know about his real life horribleness back then.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2020 9:48 AM

This is the actor who had a non speaking role as the guy who gets caught with Carrie in the rain (and who braves the downpour when she attempts to flirt with him). Sadly he’s recently been diagnosed with ALS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2020 9:55 AM

I thought he braced the rains because he thought she was nuts.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2020 10:11 AM

R5 he's the one who it is implied in the flashback is getting fucked up the ass by Samantha wearing a strap-on? Young teenage me found that quick image very hot.

R6/R7 ahhh, damn, I guess that's why he was so convincing as a douchebag then?

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2020 11:20 AM

Oh my god, Rabbit guy is a fucking monster! Why did I read his story?! 😔

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2020 11:46 AM

I have no idea what people are talking about re: the rabbit guy and I think judging from your reactions I will avoid finding out. Just the responses have made me go off him now anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2020 12:43 PM

Ugh. Callan is awful. A lot of comedians really hate women.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Carrie must have had quite a book deal as the wardrobe she flounced off to Paris with would have cost tens of thousands of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2020 1:12 PM

That dress she wore and fell asleep in on her first night in Paris was truly stunning and looked pretty pricey, r14...

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2020 1:30 PM

What was Jack Rabbit Name? Wanna look him up

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2020 1:39 PM

Jack Rabbit aka Callen sounds like a rapey predator

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2020 1:42 PM

Continuing the discussion from the other thread - Petrovsky was supposed to purposely slap Carrie across the face during their argument. It was scripted and discussed but when it came time to shoot those scenes Baryshnikov refused to play it, resulting in the half-assed slap we saw onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2020 2:05 PM

R15, I think it was McQueen and don’t forget the “donated” Vivian Westwood wedding gown when she was left at the alter in the first movie.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2020 2:13 PM

^altar

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2020 2:17 PM

A Russian not prone to beating women? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2020 2:44 PM

That "slap" and Big's cartoonish reaction have got to be the weakest point of the whole series. If it was accidental, why did she make any kind of a deal out of it? Shit happens, no biggie.

And since the episode did make it clear that it was accidental - no matter what the original intention of the scriptwriters was - it makes no sense for her to break a relationship over it and to whine to EVERYONE about it, across continents.

And it makes Big's Superman bravado that much phonier and more meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Isn't Brian Callan tied to Joe Rogan somehow. I remember hearing him on Maron years ago and he was obsessed with manliness and masculinity - just came off as massively insecure and that's why he's hateful.

I was under the impression that Petrovsky bought most of the clothes for Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2020 4:22 PM

R15 It was a beautiful dress and, yes, Petrovsky was bankrolling her sojourn in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]I was under the impression that Petrovsky bought most of the clothes for Carrie.

So Carrie was, basically, an elderly call girl.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2020 5:13 PM

She certainly is considered a clothes horse....

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2020 5:27 PM

R25 you don’t say!!

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2020 5:47 PM

Sexually the best line for me was Samantha telling to Carrie, who else, how no-one will stop her giving guys oral sex. She has and will give it to who when and where ever she likes. Jason was hot as Smith but Samantha would never have settled for one cock. She loved cocks and fucking. Smith could have been her regular but she would have had fuck buddies on the side.

by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2020 6:05 PM

I don't think Samantha was incapable of having a monogamous relationship. It wouldn't last a lifetime though. She sure got pissed when she caught Richard cheating. In the movie, Carrie opines when Samantha breaks up with Jared that some love affairs don't last a lifetime but they are just as sweet.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2020 6:08 PM

I think Samantha would have settled down eventually with some age appropriate old fart after she went through menopause and her cooter dried up.

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote]Sexually the best line for me was Samantha telling to Carrie, who else, how no-one will stop her giving guys oral sex.

"As long as I'm still able to breath -- and kneel."

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2020 6:45 PM

I can't breath--and kneel!

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2020 7:49 PM

R32 I could have done without the mental image of that ugly trout Kelly Osbourne giving head.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2020 7:52 PM

Smith was a sweet guy too, like Harry, and he treated Samantha well. Big, on the other hand, not sweet.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2020 8:01 PM

Jon Bon Jovi was cute in his one episode. I'm glad it lasted only one though.

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2020 11:13 PM

Big was gross. Their relationship was gross too.

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2020 11:17 PM

Brain Callan, R16.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2020 11:24 PM

R29

Samantha had all she could have wanted with Jerry Jerrod/Smith Jerrod; he was hot, young, great in the sack, devoted as a beagle, and thanks to her efforts successful and famous. It lasted about four years before Sam called it quits as monogamy just wasn't her thing; poor sad old skank that she was simply didn't know what she had until it was gone.

You can see why Kim Cattrall wants nothing more to do with SATC franchise. She was getting too old (and quite frankly heavy) to be playing a lose tart.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2020 11:27 PM

Victor Webster is looking good still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2020 11:42 PM

oy!

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Victor Webber is one great big tall slab of prime Canadian beef. IMHO best of all Samantha's bfs from SATC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Poor Victor He's now become a fixture in the Hallmark universe

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2020 1:40 AM

As has been said, prissy Charlotte was actually less uptight about sex than Carrie.

I'll add her Jewish artist, guy who was on meds and couldn't get it up, and her handyman who she started fucking.

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2020 2:33 AM

R38, agreed, and Cattrall has said as much in interviews I've seen, mentioning that she felt she had played the character as far as she could go, and even beyond what she should have. If those leaks about the third movie are to be believed, her plot line in that movie was going to revolve around Samantha sexting Miranda's son, Brady. You can see why she had no interest in being involved.

by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2020 2:52 AM

[R44] LOL I hadn't heard that - so they were gonna have Samantha horn dog the kid of one of her friends? Just when I didn't think it could get worse than the second movie, it does. The only story detail I'd heard was Big dying early on and the aftermath for Carrie being the core of the film.

About Berger, the most cringe-worthy scene was in the Hamptons where they're at a road stop eating and he comes by (badly) on his motorcycle. Carrie accidentally gets ketchup on her face, which at first is a dollop next to her lip, but in the next frame grows to half her chin. There SJP is, trying to act coy while daintily sticking her tongue out to get at it. As if anything less than a good shower would have done at that point.

by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2020 3:02 AM

When we did the tour a few years back, one of the facts they told us was that during the show's run Charlotte had actually the highest number of different men she'd fucked than any of the other women.

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2020 3:08 AM

SJP always had these cringey mannerisms as Carrie, just like R45 says. One that sticks out in my mind is where she is writing her column in front of a mirror. While the voiceover takes place("I couldn't help but wonder..."), she picks up a cocktail next to her, turns her head and drinks it in profile and then smirks at the glass, all pleased with herself. Who behaves like that?

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2020 3:12 AM

R44

That would have been a disgusting low, even for Samantha; no wonder Ms. Cattrall said "so long, and don't call me; I'll call you...."

A nearly sixty Samantha going after Miranda's son would have been not just disgusting but pathetic. Yeah, when Patsy Stone goes after Saffy's school mate "Daniel" it's a bit of a laff because running joke is Patsy has always been the local bike, and even at fifty lusting after a teenage boy is something old slags do.

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2020 3:23 AM

Ms. Cattrall 's character should have ended with her and Smith Jerrod getting married and living happily ever after. Unlike real life couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore , SJ was truly in love with Samantha despite differences in age, her skanky past (and habits), etc...

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2020 3:34 AM

I managed to find the episode I was talking about with the cringey mannerisms, and it's "The Big Journey", the one where Carrie and Samantha catch a train to San Francisco. As I was looking into it, I realised that this is also that episode where Carrie is really horny, and... well, I'll let her put it in her own words:

"Guys, I need to have sex. It's been too long. Lately, I've been having these dreams where I run - I RUN - up to complete strangers and just start KISSING them."

Whoa, that Carrie sure has some wild, sexy dreams!

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2020 3:43 AM

Victor Webster aka Chip Kilkenny, was my pick in the last thread as the best looking man to ever appear on the show. That's saying a lot because they had a ton of good looking guys on.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2020 3:44 AM

The show was a complete Karen fantasy. Why would an hot hunk want to fuck this.?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2020 4:01 AM

That's actually a rocking body for someone almost 60 years old!

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2020 4:13 AM

There are pictures out there of Demi Moore out at some club/bar being mutton dressed as lamb with then husband Aston K. DM had on a short skirt and was sitting with legs crossed; you could see her upper thigh area was same as SJP pictured above. Totally nasty IMHO for a younger guy who could nail tons of young girls if he wanted, (and AK could).

All older women fight same main enemies; upper arms, behinds, upper thighs, flabby upper pubic area, and maybe hands along with throat. Then there is the ever long battle against crepey skin

Surgery and or exercise can help with somethings, but sooner or later for much else nature is going to do what it wants to do. There is nothing more gross than some 60 year old plus aged granny running around streets of Manhattan wearing yoga pants with nothing to cover her behind. Grown men have blanched at the sight....

For all above situations women who suffer worse are those who've spent much of their lives trying to remain rail thin. I know people who have seen Tina Louise at gym in leotard and tights; it isn't a pretty sight......

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2020 4:23 AM

R53

Only to a man who is 70 or 80. Maybe to a fifty year old guy who likes his women a bit ripe.

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2020 4:24 AM

The storyline I heard about Samantha in the third movie is that a 14-year-old Brady was sexting her, not that she was into him. But also KC has talked about not enjoying her time on set with the other three, and she had issues with SJP being paid more than everyone else when all of them were equally necessary.

I think the show did a disservice to itself and the world by not taking its influence seriously enough. The writers knew that Carrie was supposed to be an anti-hero but made her various character flaws feel acceptable (nobody called her out on it, etc). She became the idol of many young people when it aired. Today you can read tons of retrospectives where the authors say "now that I'm more mature, I can see that Carrie was awful." It would have been less vacuous TV if they hadn't danced around that topic.

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2020 4:42 AM

As far as SJP looks, she's always had a great body. On the show she was confident, I think that's the reason she attracted a lot of guys. Miranda, on the other hand, attracting any man was a mystery.

R56, I'm one of those people. As a fully grown adult watching in reruns, I found them all pretty insufferable and didn't like the show as much. Carrie was called out a time or two. I think she was called out once when she whined and whined about her man troubles and Miranda finally told her it's always about her.

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2020 5:04 AM

One thing I couldn't stand was Carrie's constant, inconsiderate smoking. All her clothes in that one room apartment of hers must have reeked of cigarettes. She smoked in a cab with the three of them in the back, plus the driver, wow! She tried to smoke at the Park Ave party.

I would have loved it if she had smoked at the lunch where she ambushed Natasha, in addition to drinking from her glass.

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2020 5:12 AM

Ha! R57, that first paragraph reminds me of a moment in one of the episodes:

Miranda: Sexy is the thing I try to get [men] to see me as after I win them over with my personality.

Carrie: You win men over with your personality?

Miranda: They want you to be a model?

I agree with the second part of your post too. I was amazed when trying to rewatch this last year how insufferable they are, and also how bad the show is in general.

Carrie also gets called out somewhat in that episode about the "Face Girl" because she won't shut up about it and all her friends are sick of hearing about it. But she doesn't really ever have to face how annoying and selfish she's being, it's really just played for humour. And of course, when Stanford finally gets her to realise that he'd like her to listen to him, she doesn't have to for long because Nina Katz just happens to be walking towards her, accompanied by Heather Graham who's about to demonstrate of the worst acting I've ever seen her do, and that's saying something!

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2020 5:12 AM

On some tv interview, SJP made a point of saying that she would never behave the way Carrie does.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2020 5:17 AM

r59 As horrible as Heather's acting was, I still thought that was a fun cameo.

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2020 5:31 AM

R23 - funny enough, I always assumed that Bryan Callen and Joe Rogan were related to one another. I have no clue why, but I always put them in the same "bucket" for whatever reason. Rogan used to be a hot snack size pre-RWNJ politics and weight gain. Callen has been far more successful as actor - from MADtv to The Goldbergs and tons of movies including 2 of the "Hangover" series. IMO, Bryan is incredibly sexy and seems like he'd be great bottom material - at least in my fantasies anyway.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2020 5:37 AM

R56

Now that story line could believe; a teenage boy sexting an older woman known to be a skank and up for anything is plausible. Brady would have grown up over hearing his parents and their friends talk about Samantha. Agree that Samantha wouldn't be interested; loving sex and being an easy lay is one thing; breaking in young boys is another. Not every woman wants to be or can pull off being Mrs. Robinson...

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2020 6:06 AM

Samantha would probably also not be interested after her experience that time when she decided to take that boy's virginity and he started stalking her (the one who was also called Sam Jones).

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2020 6:57 AM

This needed to be said on the show more often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2020 8:18 AM

Miranda Hobbes keeping it real since 1995 ❤

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2020 8:38 AM

Mrs Robinson (Anne Bancroft) was 36 years old; Samantha is nearly 60. Her having sex with a teen or early 20s would be more like Harold and Maude.

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2020 9:19 AM

[quote]Heather Graham who's about to demonstrate of the worst acting I've ever seen her do

Not to mention a god awful haircut!

by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2020 9:55 AM

R65 Miranda was always right.

by Anonymousreply 69September 14, 2020 11:13 AM

"CarrieBradshawreallyffffffhmmm." 😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 14, 2020 11:35 AM

[quote]One thing I couldn't stand was Carrie's constant, inconsiderate smoking. All her clothes in that one room apartment of hers must have reeked of cigarettes. She smoked in a cab with the three of them in the back, plus the driver, wow! She tried to smoke at the Park Ave party.

I posted above about this. Drove me crazy too and I'm an ex-smoker who would never have been that inconsiderate to other people. She never asked anyone "hey, do you mind?" The Park Ave party was the real kicker. Who goes into someone else's home and just lights up especially when no one else is smoking?

by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2020 12:29 PM

But that was the best Carrie hair @ r70

by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2020 12:40 PM

Carrie had that awful habit of getting third parties involved in shit - Nina Katz, Natasha, etc. She always had those totally obnoxious confrontations that were out of left field.

by Anonymousreply 73September 14, 2020 2:52 PM

I love how in that clip she has the voice over about being her own critic, but isn't critical of herself over what's way more important. Being a good friend and actually listening to people. It's still all about her and her own life that she has to naval gaze about. She's also basically in defense of herself "I would never intentionally hurt Aiden". But you did! You were an asshole, own up to it.

by Anonymousreply 74September 14, 2020 4:56 PM

I love the look of "Uhhh, ok, crazy pants," that Nina Katz gives Carrie as she's going on and on about HER.

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2020 6:36 PM

Haha, me too! She isn't even embarrassed in the slightest that she is getting called out for gossiping. Her expression is hilarious. Of course by the end Carrie twists everything to be a moral about: "someone somewhere could be making a face about you but it's the reviews you give yourself that matter"... nice self-justificaton of your terrible behaviour there, Carrie. You don't have to treat other people well, and you can be as selfish as you want, provided you tell yourself you're fabulous, I guess. Now I'm wondering if it was this episode in particular that is responsible for similar behaviour I've seen amongst certain women I've met.

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2020 9:41 PM

You must scroll down a bit. (Shortly after the Attitude cover of Henry Golding).

[quote] Carrie Bradshaw would absolutely have the dumbest and least effective mask. If you are mad about that, search your heart: it’s true. Everyone knows she was an asshole. (Not to be confused with SJP, who is very responsible and by all accounts lovely.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2020 10:34 PM

And she doesn't even really call Nina out for opening her big yap to everyone, which she actually has every right to. Let's face it, Nina was a massive cunt.

Heather Graham: Riiiieeght?

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2020 10:34 PM

One of the (many) things I thought so dumb about the second movie was the way they tried to make a point over repressive cultures overseas by showing Samantha get arrested for having sex in public in Abu Dhabi, and then followed that by her having sex in public in the US with fireworks above her and no consequences - as though any American police officer who happened to pass by there wouldn't also have arrested her for public indecency!

by Anonymousreply 79September 15, 2020 7:01 AM

The second film was the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 80September 15, 2020 8:20 AM

There was really not much evidence that Nina was yapping about Carrie all over town. Carrie, being a self-involved loon, IMAGINED it to be much larger than it was.

by Anonymousreply 81September 15, 2020 12:29 PM

the guys that they dumped or dumped them were ALWAYS ALWAYS hotter than the men they stayed with! and no, it wasn't the men they stayed with being better persons or better personalities or whatever...

by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2020 12:33 PM

You may have a point R81. Apart from Heather Graham having heard of her, neither Nina's friend in the bathroom where she first made the face, nor the friend she had lunch with (the one who looked like a poor man's Helen Mirren) knew anything about Carrie's reputation, and the second woman actually worked with Carrie. It was more Samantha telling Carrie that Nina "loves to talk" which caused Carrie to conclude that Nina was talking about her "all over SNL".

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2020 12:37 PM

It's interesting R82, I mean, I understand some of it was done for comic reasons, but the women really did dump some of their boyfriends over nothing and then stayed with other men with much bigger problems. I mean Charlotte who was desperate to get married dumped a guy who was similarly desperate to get married and ticked all her boxes because he had a different taste in china patterns or something equally ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 84September 15, 2020 12:40 PM

[quote] You may have a point [R81]. Apart from Heather Graham having heard of her, neither Nina's friend in the bathroom where she first made the face, nor the friend she had lunch with (the one who looked like a poor man's Helen Mirren) knew anything about Carrie's reputation, and the second woman actually worked with Carrie. It was more Samantha telling Carrie that Nina "loves to talk" which caused Carrie to conclude that Nina was talking about her "all over SNL".

That's not at all true. I recently re-watched the episode and all three women Nina Katz is with react as though they've been told the story of how shitty Carrie was to Aidan and what a mess he was. Even the first woman in the ladies room when you're meant to just notice Nina's expression reacts as though she's been told the story. I rarely side with Carrie, but on this one, she's pretty much on point.

by Anonymousreply 85September 15, 2020 2:03 PM

Three women Carrie didn't know, so why did she care? She totally fucked Aiden over. Did she somehow expect that little detail would never be shared with anyone he ever encountered again in his life? She just didn't like other people knew what a cunt she really was.

by Anonymousreply 86September 15, 2020 2:10 PM

The 2nd movie should have ended with Carrie texting Nina that she kissed Aiden in the Middle East.

Cut to Nina and friends having drinks and Nina says, "Bitch, you're married," and then makes "the face."

by Anonymousreply 87September 15, 2020 2:17 PM

Or even better, she turns around in the hotel in Abu Dhabi and Nina Katz is standing there with Riz Ahmed, who makes the face when he's introduced to Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 88September 15, 2020 2:35 PM

I just noticed that Evan Handler (Harry Goldenlatt) is a member of an expat Facebook group I am in.

by Anonymousreply 89September 15, 2020 3:45 PM

The 2nd movie should have ended at the first table read.

by Anonymousreply 90September 15, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote] Or even better, she turns around in the hotel in Abu Dhabi and Nina Katz is standing there with Riz Ahmed, who makes the face when he's introduced to Carrie.

Miranda: Abu Dhabi-DOO!

Nina (and the rest of the world): 😑

by Anonymousreply 91September 15, 2020 4:57 PM

Second movie was totally pointless. Just an homage to shallow materialism and really corny lines like "oh, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" and Samantha's over the top "I'm American, I can do what I want" routine while everyone knows it's a rigid religion ruled country and women have to be covered up somewhat, even Westerners.

by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2020 4:58 PM

Nina didn't make "the face".

She had Bell's palsy.

by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2020 5:20 PM

R93, that comment of hers still cracks me up!

To be fair R85, what you say is only half right. I give you that the first woman does look up in surprise when Nina says: "You're Carrie Bradshaw!" so it seems she does know. But the second woman absolutely doesn't. She asks them both: "And how do you two know each other?" and Nina responds: "I'll tell you over lunch". I don't think anyone would deny Nina was a gossipy bitch, but R86 is right - Carrie's issue was other people knowing what a cunt she (Carrie) was. She didn't really care about whether Aiden was messed up by her or not, just that other people had negative feelings towards her. She's so typical of that type of person who wants everyone to think she's a lovely person, but doesn't actually want to BE a lovely person, and is affronted by others not kowtowing to this version of herself.

I love the ideas for a Nina cameo in the second movie, would've made it more bearable! Hahaha at 'The Face' going global!

Just to add, I love that that second woman mentioned above still casts shade at Carrie:

Carrie: We work together at Vogue.

Woman: Hardly. She gets to run in and out once a month while I'm chained to the hem of Anna Wintour!

by Anonymousreply 94September 16, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote]that type of person who wants everyone to think she's a lovely person, but doesn't actually want to BE a lovely person, and is affronted by others not kowtowing to this version of herself.

Best description of narcissism ever.

R89, expats? Where does he live now?

by Anonymousreply 95September 16, 2020 2:03 AM

I believe any person would be pissed when he finds out he has a reputation he wasn't aware of until now. It's not really about whether it's true or not, but that people talk about you behind your back (and it's not nice things, obviously). In the sense of not being in control of making a good first impression any more.

by Anonymousreply 96September 16, 2020 3:41 AM

I cant believe this is Harry !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 16, 2020 3:44 AM

Young Harry and young Alcoholic Anonymous guy who flicks his cigarette at Carrie co-starred in the 1987 after school special “What If I’m Gay?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 16, 2020 4:25 AM

R95, I don't know if he lives in Italy, but it's a group for expats in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 99September 16, 2020 5:19 AM

Yup OP, Victor Webster had the hottest ass for sure!

by Anonymousreply 100September 16, 2020 8:30 AM

speaking of the hot men of sex and the city, the series...

not in any order of favoritism but

1) the new yankee slugger guy who carrie dated shortly after breaking up with mr. big! the guy (the actor) was GORGEOUS, famous, filthy rich and she can't stop thinking about mr. big? uh huh!

2) samantha's farmer in the dell guy actor christopher braden who she screws in the barn during her and carrie's excusion to the town of "sufferen"...

3) samantha's "he's huge down there" stud actor John Enos

jason cameron in a small no speaking bit role

samantha's stud in bed in the cockle doodle do episode

samantha's stud in the beginning of the episode "the big one" standing behind her in the doorway in his underwear as she is delivered food

samantha's fireman stud who strips and then screws her in the fire house and fire engine..

by Anonymousreply 101September 16, 2020 1:50 PM

Carrie had a few embarrassing moments before Sultry Sarah became producer.

She got a coil wedged up her pussywillow

She did a repugnant, squeaky fart in bed with Big then Dutch-ovened herself

The Girls celebrated that she felt comfortable enough to do a shit in Big's bathroom (and stink the place out)

by Anonymousreply 102September 16, 2020 5:33 PM

What kind of friends get disgusted if their friend has a hairy Bush or accidentally shites themselves?

by Anonymousreply 103September 16, 2020 11:13 PM

The Nina face episode was probably one of the best of the later seasons

Samantha and the unimpressed guy arguing about whether "Sharper Image" sells vibrators

Samantha giving vibrator advice to randoms

Samantha giving her much-anticipated hair appointment to Miranda and not tolerating any thanks

Samantha telling Carrie to stop wasting her time with her pointless whining as she has real problems - Brady the asshole

Samantha throwing toys at the baby to shut him up, while drinking a cocktail

Samantha using her new vibrator to simulate the child chair. "That better be brand new"

And who would ever make that exaggerated facial expression?!

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2020 11:20 PM

It's interesting isn't it? Carrie gets a diaphragm stuck up her cunt and Samantha steels herself and heads into the bathroom to help Carrie fish it out.

In return, Carrie whines and whinges and carries on when Samantha asks for advice on what to do about a mishap with dying her pubic hair. And then plotzes when Samantha shows her her pubes.

That scene bugs me so much just because of Carrie screeching and shaking her head and looking pained. Some friend Carrie is.

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2020 11:32 PM

Great point R105 shows how much the character and writing devolved in the later years.

by Anonymousreply 106September 16, 2020 11:54 PM

Carrie is one of those friends that youve had for ages ,went through a bunch of shit with ,and dont really like much anymore but you just cant cut the cord. Dont we all have one of those ?

by Anonymousreply 107September 17, 2020 12:17 AM

Yeah, the show actually made a really recognisable character in Carrie - just not in the way they thought, haha. I think a big reason why Carrie is so disliked is definitely due to people being able to say: "I KNOW this type of woman".

by Anonymousreply 108September 17, 2020 12:20 AM

I'm sure that, as someone upthread said, the writers had a field day deliberately inserting multiple examples of Carrie's cuntiness behind SJP's oblivious producer back.

I bet they hated her. Any stories about Producer SJP being a cunt on set?

by Anonymousreply 109September 17, 2020 12:28 AM

The only story I have heard myself is the one Bradley Cooper told on the Graham Norton Show. He said that SJP used to send intermediaries to him to tell him how to act with her. Like, if they did a kissing scene and she didn't like his kissing, she would tell someone else to come and tell him that. He thought it was bizarre, and then someone else on the couch (Rob Lowe?) mentioned that that was his experience with SJP too.

by Anonymousreply 110September 17, 2020 12:34 AM

WOW, R110, and also lmao.

Did she really treat Kim Cattrall badly, or was she pretend nice to her while seething in jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 111September 17, 2020 12:37 AM

I haven't heard much bad SJP gossip regarding how she treats people she works with. Everything I've heard is pretty positive; though I haven't researched it that much.

by Anonymousreply 112September 17, 2020 12:37 AM

Ummm, that's how you're supposed to do it if you're an actor. You talk to the A.D. or 2nd A.D. who talks to the director (or you can go straight to the director yourself and discuss what the problem is). That's the hierarchy on a set. SJP did nothing wrong by not going to Bradley Cooper herself.

by Anonymousreply 113September 17, 2020 2:05 AM

Love her or hate her, the truth is that SJP is a class act on set. She is very good to the crew, knows people’s names and looks out for their general well being. She brings a whole “we’re in this together” vibe to set and she really sets the tone. I think it stems from her being a child actor. She comes by it honestly.

by Anonymousreply 114September 17, 2020 2:59 AM

I forgot how short the Petrovsky arc was. It doesn't start until past the half-way point of the final season (ep 11 or 12 of 20). I thought the whole Berger mess was season 5, but it's the first half of season 6.

by Anonymousreply 115September 17, 2020 3:05 AM

the Petrovsky arc seems like it goes on for eons

by Anonymousreply 116September 17, 2020 3:08 AM

the men sucked COCKS

by Anonymousreply 117September 17, 2020 3:10 AM

R105 perhaps Carrie had some sort of childhood trauma involving Bozo the clown 😆

by Anonymousreply 118September 17, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote]Samantha and the unimpressed guy arguing about whether "Sharper Image" sells vibrators

I saw that actor some years back while waiting to cross the street in Manhattan. I don't really see many famous people/actors all that often, but he had a distinctive look and I recognized him immediately.

by Anonymousreply 119September 17, 2020 4:39 AM

DL fave Amalita:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 17, 2020 5:14 AM

And hanging out with Amalita and her friends, one of whom mistakes Carrie for a hooker (first appearance of Justin Theroux as well).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 17, 2020 5:18 AM

So cringe...

by Anonymousreply 122September 17, 2020 10:06 AM

Ew Carrie is disgusting

by Anonymousreply 123September 17, 2020 1:59 PM

If the writers hated anyone, it was Cynthia Nixon/Miranda. The poor woman had the ugliest clothes and worst hair. Over the course of the series, she had projectile semen in her hair and baby poop on her face. She had a range of horrible dates. She had to deal with her bf's skidmarked underwear. She had to wear a dental brace and a neck brace. Worst of all, she ended up in Brooklyn with Steve.

by Anonymousreply 124September 17, 2020 2:13 PM

Every hot gay who is constantly traveling overseas is an Amalita.

by Anonymousreply 125September 17, 2020 2:16 PM

Agreed, R87 & R88, the movies would’ve been a lot better if they’d been more episodic and referred back to the series more. That would’ve been more fun. Of course the 2nd one was AWFUL, I think I finally saw it once on free cable.

I always thought it was a mistake to make the film a two-hour episode.

by Anonymousreply 126September 17, 2020 2:19 PM

I thought the hottest guys were the Clooney-like cop who dated Miranda when Carrie got her shoes stolen, the hot guy in AA who was also kind of a sex addict (so hot!) and the jazz guy.

by Anonymousreply 127September 17, 2020 2:20 PM

The Brooklyn house was lovely, R124. But I have to agree, the stylists at least had it in for Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 128September 17, 2020 2:55 PM

That's funny, R124, I always assumed that was because Nixon was the only actress who wasn't too precious to do those kinds of things. She always came across to me more of a character actress than the other three. But you may be right! She seems like a lovely woman though, so I can't imagine why they would torture her.

by Anonymousreply 129September 17, 2020 3:01 PM

she had it all

by Anonymousreply 130September 17, 2020 3:13 PM

WE HAVE IT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 17, 2020 3:14 PM

R127, see r98 to see the hot AA guy playing gay.

by Anonymousreply 132September 17, 2020 3:53 PM

R121 Writing that Carrie is "the most beautiful woman in Manhattan" is what Alan Ball calls "The Moment of Shit" when the writers have to type rubbish to pander to the star's out-of-control delusions.

by Anonymousreply 133September 17, 2020 4:30 PM

That Jazz guy was so annoying. What he played is not what I consider real jazz either.

Non NY'er here but what is so terrible about Brooklyn that it's always made fun of? I thought Lawn Guyland and Staten Island were the horrors.

by Anonymousreply 134September 17, 2020 4:58 PM

R134 Making fun of living in Brooklyn is just one of the many ways this show shows its age.

by Anonymousreply 135September 17, 2020 5:47 PM

I forgot, pregnant Miranda let off a smelly fart in a shoe store and Carrie shamed her for it.

If it were me, I'd have refused to do a scene like that.

by Anonymousreply 136September 17, 2020 6:02 PM

Those Carrie scenes with Amalita - I thought SJP looked good in season 1 with the "free flowing and Botticelli-esque" hair (remember when Dan Futterman, Charlotte's "gay" boyfriend said that) and her clothes were either sexy or "fun" rather than ridiculous and not fun. And she always had the tiny body, yet with boobs.

No, she's not a classic beauty or the sexiest woman ever, but this notion that no successful or handsome guy would be attracted to her, I never agreed with that.

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2020 6:44 PM

What season did it start that every one of the "girls" was obligated to tell Carrie that she was fabulous at least once an episode?

by Anonymousreply 138September 17, 2020 6:46 PM

I'm with R137. She looked good with the long mane of hair. Her white shirt with green mini was one of her best looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2020 6:49 PM

Was that scene at Dolce & Gabbana (the year everything was trimmed, ridiculously, with pastel marabou) from the first season? Because Carrie breaks the fourth wall, talking directly to the camera.

It was very weird to call the person she is hugging "Eurotrash" to the camera while she's an inch from her ear. And it was pretty fucking rude and ungrateful since she had just allowed that person (someone she admits to not really knowing well) to buy her an expensive pair of shoes Carrie couldn't afford because of her bad credit.

by Anonymousreply 140September 17, 2020 7:14 PM

Don't take it that seriously.

by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2020 7:22 PM

It's harmless fun R141 unlike the shitshow of hate in the MM threads.

by Anonymousreply 142September 17, 2020 7:25 PM

Stay away from the MM threads then, R142, instead of ruining them for others!

by Anonymousreply 143September 17, 2020 7:27 PM

One thing Carrie did get right was her wedding dress. That was a beautiful dress even if Big did ditch her at the alter.

by Anonymousreply 144September 17, 2020 7:55 PM

I didn't like the wedding dress. It was too young and bold for her sunken, waxy, hardened face. Also her reaction to being ditched, although understandable, was scary to watch. Especially when she was hitting Big with the flowers. It was like watching Miss Havisham.

And then comes Charlotte's worst and hammiest moment in the entire franchise. Cringe!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 17, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote]The poor woman had the ugliest clothes and worst hair.

She was really butch and unfeminine at the start of the show but when she grew her hair out she looked so much better. She had a chin length bob that looked good on her and her clothes softened up too. Her coloring is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 146September 17, 2020 8:20 PM

Agree r145

by Anonymousreply 147September 17, 2020 8:20 PM

I thought that wedding styling was very unflattering.

It's like she thought she was Princess Di, but the straplessness was too low, it drew attention to her boney shoulders. And up pulled up hair with the ridic feather was very severe, it drew attention to her gaunt face and severe makeup.

That was the best Chris Noth ever looked.

Any, yes, Charlotte's "NOOOO!!!!" to Big was straight out of community theater.

by Anonymousreply 148September 17, 2020 8:47 PM

I said the dress was beautiful not her face or hair which was very unflattering.

by Anonymousreply 149September 17, 2020 8:49 PM

SJP did/does have beautiful eyes in that scene though, gotta give her that...

by Anonymousreply 150September 17, 2020 8:54 PM

Well, a dress doesn't exist on its own - it has to work with the wearer, or it's no good.

This one was simply too big and busy for her tiny frame. The feather was atrocious on her.

by Anonymousreply 151September 17, 2020 8:58 PM

It looked very heavy -- like it was going to fall off of her at any second.

Had Noth had facework before the film? He looks more youthful there than on the TV show.

by Anonymousreply 152September 17, 2020 9:01 PM

I think people who have seen SJP in person have commented on her having beautiful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 153September 17, 2020 9:02 PM

too bad Noth NEVER had any kind of body.. surprised no one made him get in better shape.... his body was a dud...

by Anonymousreply 154September 17, 2020 9:09 PM

Interesting about Noth's body. It was sort of a big nothing.

I mean, he wasn't visibly fit and muscley; but on the other hand he wasn't just naturally beefy and rugged which is attractive. He wasn't even really fit-fat.

by Anonymousreply 155September 17, 2020 9:13 PM

I enjoy seeing this thread. The picture of Victor Webster’s ass is a smile promoter every time. I understand he was a candidate for the part of Smith. I would’ve preferred him myself. Actually I want him very badly even now. That would be my fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 156September 17, 2020 9:21 PM

I read something interesting about this show awhile back, but I'm not American or from New York so I can't comment personally. Thought I'd throw it in here. This article was saying that while the show made a point of talking about NYC as being the most amazing, centre-of-the-world type place, that even at the time it was broadcast, this was kind of a last-ditch attempt to keep clinging to an older reputation, ie the fabulous New York had already ended during this show's run. I thought that was interesting, I love history like that, but I'd be curious to know if people here would agree or not.

by Anonymousreply 157September 17, 2020 10:16 PM

The fabulousness of New York continued through the 90s, but was snuffed out for good on 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2020 10:18 PM

r157, the show made that point with Kristen Johnston's character and her big monoluge before falling out of the window by accident.

by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2020 10:19 PM

I will give the show credit in that respect, you can feel the change as you progress through the seasons.

I know it's been said before, but Kristen Johnston was SO GOOD in that small role.

by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2020 10:27 PM

Looking at R139’s link, I loved that newsprint dress. What a fit.

by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2020 10:44 PM

r157 Agree 100%

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2020 11:20 PM

From Forbes:

Bangkok Is The Most Visited City In The World...Again

Welcoming around 22.7 million international visitors, Bangkok ranked as the top destination for global travelers this year, according to Mastercard‘s 2019 Global Destination Cities Index.

The commendation is a repeat for the Thai capital, as it was named the world’s most visited city for the past four years.

Following Bangkok, Paris (19.10 million) came as a close second, with London (19.01 million), Dubai (15.93 million) and Singapore (14.67 million) rounding out the top five most visited cities in the world in 2018. Mastercard’s annual list looks at visitor volume and spend at the 200 largest cities in the world, counting both vacation and business travelers in the previous year.

New York, the only city in the Americas to crack the top 20 global destinations list, ranked at seven with 13.6 million.

According to MasterCard, cities in the Asia-Pacific region have seen the most growth in international visitors since 2009, growing 9.4%.

Dubai was named as the top city for international visitor spending globally at $30.82 billion. With the average traveler to Dubai spending three and a half nights in the emirate, that translates to a whopping $553 per night. Mecca was named second ($20.09 million) while Bangkok ($20.03 million) ranked third.

The top ten cities for international visitors in 2017 is below. The full list, and breakouts, are available here:

2018 International Overnight Visitors Bangkok 22.78 million Paris 19.10 million London 19.09 million Dubai 15.93 million Singapore 14.67 million Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 13.79 million New York 13.60 million Istanbul 13.40 million Tokyo 12.93 million Antalya, Turkey 12.41 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2020 11:20 PM

r158 The 90's was "The Last Hurrah"

by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2020 11:21 PM

Bangkok always makes me think of pedos. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2020 11:21 PM

r161 respect due: Patricia Field

by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2020 11:30 PM

The worst moment was when the other girls had to spoon-feed Carrie pudding when they were in Mexico. Talk about CRINGE

by Anonymousreply 167September 18, 2020 12:24 AM

Charlotte should have spoon fed her the squirts she had.

by Anonymousreply 168September 18, 2020 12:27 AM

This is a good article about the Splat! episode with Kristen Johnston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 18, 2020 12:42 AM

R165... and dirtiness... and sweaty people... and a cornucopia of weird, strange and disgusting smell and scents all around.... and anything goes navigating the roads... for the life of me, i wouldn't even THINK of going to bangkok, i mean what for? what reasons would i?..

by Anonymousreply 170September 18, 2020 12:55 AM

One of my favorite characters was Carrie's boss at Vogue, Enid, played by Candice Bergen. I like to think she had a shot at the Russian when Carrie dumped him.

by Anonymousreply 171September 18, 2020 1:43 AM

Enid made a move on the Russian (ignored her date, chatted up the Russian) at the party where Lexi falls out the window. Carrie asks her "what are you doing?" and she explains that there's not a lot of eligible men her age. But, she never even knows the Russian when Carrie isn't dating him.

by Anonymousreply 172September 18, 2020 1:49 AM

Didn’t Enid end up falling for Wallace Shawn?

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2020 1:52 AM

Yes. She's set up with him for the Splat! party - meets him when she gets there and she tells Carrie he's a "Hobbit." But, at Lexi's funeral they're together - Carrie says some voice over about it; basically Enid realized he wasn't such a bad option.

by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2020 1:55 AM

Ew I hope Lexi didn't have an open casket, Enid was in the penthouse..

by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2020 7:36 AM

I have women friends Enid's age, though not as attractive as Candice was then, and they tell me that with apps, they can have a different date every night, with men of all ages. They wouldn't settle for Wallace Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 176September 18, 2020 7:53 AM

Most people are terrified of having to rely on the kindness of strangers when they are old and in need of assistance for even getting up from the couch. That's why some people want to settle down later in life with someone and have some nice years that create a tight bond between them, so the other one is not going to leave when it gets tough. Seniors having alternative options, which look better than taking care of a longtime partner, makes it tricky.

by Anonymousreply 177September 18, 2020 9:57 AM

Enid >>> Murphy Brown!!!

by Anonymousreply 178September 18, 2020 11:40 AM

Cynthia Nixon addresses criticism that "'Sex and the City' hasn't aged well":

“I always felt like it was incredibly white and it was incredibly privileged.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 18, 2020 3:39 PM

I don't understand why a comedy need to address all the diversity and social struggle in the sociaty.

by Anonymousreply 180September 18, 2020 4:02 PM

R179 Cynthia needs to duck. There's an incoming horseshoe.

by Anonymousreply 181September 18, 2020 4:29 PM

Seinfeld, Girls, SATC - they're all incredibly white, and incredibly realistic that these particular people would have only white friends.

As a black person, this doesn't bother me. But, I sometimes think, especially back then, if a "white" show doesn't include black characters, will there be similar opportunities for non-white actors outside of those shows. Hwood has gotten a lot better in that regard over time. Now we're on to "second level" diversity - essentially, "yeah there's this black show, but everyone's straight," etc.

by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2020 4:45 PM

Why did Miranda let the sex go out of her marriage? She had a nanny/cook/cleaner and just one kid.

by Anonymousreply 183September 18, 2020 4:58 PM

Isn't there an episode that sort of addresses their privilege while they're getting a pedicure??

by Anonymousreply 184September 18, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote]Why did Miranda let the sex go out of her marriage?

I couldn't help but wonder . . . was it lesbianism MOST FOUL?

by Anonymousreply 185September 18, 2020 7:57 PM

R184, yep. Charlotte points out to the other girls that they're talking like a class system doesn't exist or something, while a row of women are cleaning their feet.

As an outsider, how very white a lot of these shows set in New York were really stands out after you visit the city and see how wonderfully diverse it is. Shows like Sex and the City, Friends et al can't help but look really odd after you've been there. And there was a point in the later run of both those shows in particular that I can remember, where they were getting criticism for it so they tried to introduce black characters, and it was always done in a tokenistic way.

by Anonymousreply 186September 18, 2020 10:00 PM

Both Samantha and Miranda dated a black man.

by Anonymousreply 187September 19, 2020 7:29 AM

[Quote] Both Samantha and Miranda dated a black man.

Samantha's episode was a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 188September 19, 2020 8:28 AM

I thought it was OK but it may come across badly due to the writers making his sister racist

by Anonymousreply 189September 19, 2020 9:40 AM

I can't believe no one's mentioned Miranda's cute sandwich guy yet. I fucking love men with big bushy eyebrows!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 19, 2020 9:44 AM

And here's sandwich guy in portrait. Wouldn't mind having this one hanging on my wall:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 19, 2020 9:45 AM

Is he the one who wanted her to eat him?

by Anonymousreply 192September 19, 2020 9:54 AM

Yup, that's the one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 19, 2020 9:57 AM

That's the episode she's super horny and can't get laid? She should have done this to passersby on the street

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 19, 2020 10:33 AM

"She was a lawyer. He was a sandwich."

An eternal classic.

by Anonymousreply 195September 19, 2020 10:47 AM

Maybe he was a Uni student on the cusp of great success?

by Anonymousreply 196September 19, 2020 10:54 AM

Without Samantha I don’t think I would have watched it.

by Anonymousreply 197September 19, 2020 11:03 AM

No one would have watched it without Kim Cattrall. I mean, what's left without Samanta: a dyke, Seattle Slew and a Jackie O look-alike.

by Anonymousreply 198September 19, 2020 11:30 AM

Really unfair Cattrall never won an Emmy for this from her 5 nominations. Nixon and Parker did. Davis was nominated once.

by Anonymousreply 199September 19, 2020 11:35 AM

[Quote] I fucking love men with big bushy eyebrows!

Who doesn't?!

by Anonymousreply 200September 19, 2020 11:37 AM

R198 - whoa! Easy with the homophobic language!

by Anonymousreply 201September 19, 2020 1:22 PM

[quote]Samantha's episode was a fucking mess.

Samantha wore some truly "way too young" slut dresses in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 202September 19, 2020 2:26 PM

The sister referred to it as a "JLo" dress

by Anonymousreply 203September 19, 2020 2:29 PM

The funniest/most ridiculous part of the Nina Katz episode is when she's telling the girls about the first run-in, she soon asks for the check which implies that she waited to the end of their brunch to tell them about it which is BULLSHIT. That would've been the first and only thing she would've talked about. Fuck what any of them were going through.

I also love Nina's "Bye, Carrie!" right in her face during the second run-in.

by Anonymousreply 204September 19, 2020 7:20 PM

^Haha that is such a good point! Carrie would've been talking about it before she even sat down. Then Charlotte would've said: "My father died" and Carrie's voiceover would say: "And I had to wonder... had my reputation also died?"

by Anonymousreply 205September 19, 2020 10:50 PM

R205 lmao

by Anonymousreply 206September 19, 2020 11:37 PM

Sundra Oakley (Samantha's black guy's racist sister) was a contestant on Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 207September 20, 2020 4:51 AM

"The episode still leaves a sour taste, especially in the context of the series more broadly; Sex and the City was so progressive in so many ways that it’s almost shocking to remember how clueless it was about race."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208September 20, 2020 5:20 AM

I thought the sister's attitude was quite authentic. Many black women are bitter that desirable black men seek white women as partners.

by Anonymousreply 209September 20, 2020 5:27 AM

That was actually a really sweet article in a lot of ways; it was nice to read what an enjoyable time Oakley had on set, and especially how lovely Cattrall was to her. I like those kinds of details. I disagree with the article that SatC is still watchable, as many of us have discussed here, it's horrible dated now.

by Anonymousreply 210September 20, 2020 5:36 AM

I agree, R209, the episode was pretty realistic. Of course, you don't want people to think that ALL black women would have issues, but some certainly do.

And I thought that it was well-written in the sense that the sister seemed to be totally self-aware about her issues with her brother dating white women and kind of knew that it was irrational yet she was emotional about it and wasn't willing to work past it. She didn't try to justify it because she knew that it's not really justifiable.

by Anonymousreply 211September 20, 2020 7:39 AM

But it's hardly innovative. Golden Girls did the same thing when Dorothy's son was about to marry an African American and the Mother-In-Law was the one who's pissed that her precious daughter is marrying a White guy.

by Anonymousreply 212September 20, 2020 7:42 AM

That's how woke, progressive America tried to deal with racism: Hey, White guys! How do you feel when you're being rejected for being White? Huh-Huh? Doesn't feel nice, does it?

by Anonymousreply 213September 20, 2020 7:44 AM

The sister was the guy's only family. She was entitled to want a sister-in-law with whom she shared a common background and to whom she could be close. What was unusual was the way she shared that with Samantha instead of privately with her brother. But she needn't have worried. Samantha was unlikely to have ever married him.

by Anonymousreply 214September 20, 2020 8:27 AM

Yeah Samantha would have likely dumped him or vice versa with a matter of weeks

by Anonymousreply 215September 20, 2020 8:54 AM

I'm watching an old episode of Criminal Minds and it guest stars both David Eigenberg and Victor Webster!

by Anonymousreply 216September 20, 2020 1:42 PM

Another weird moment in this show just popped into my head. How about that episode where Alexsandr is trying to woo Carrie with old-fashioned romance and he's playing a song for her on the piano? She's watching him from across the room, and he asks her to come sit next to him. This odd moment occurs where Carrie takes a few steps towards the piano, suddenly turns back, gasping: "Oh, the berries!" and grabs a bowl of raspberries and cream, then returns to the piano. It totally comes across like SJP forgot she was meant to bring the bowl with her, but they didn't have time to reshoot.

And then, well, if you struggle with Carrie eating the grape in Paris, check out her attempting to eat the raspberry here. Struggling briefly to get it into her mouth, making sure there is enough cream left on her lips to be kissed off.... and she had the nerve to say afterwards that what [italic]he[/italic] was doing was "ick".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 21, 2020 5:57 AM

I think Cynthia Nixon is a really terrible actress in everything and her current revisionist mea culpas are embarrassing, even for her!

by Anonymousreply 218September 21, 2020 7:14 AM

Since this is about the men. Has anyone mentioned that glorious scene of Skipper breaking up with his girlfriend while his dick was still inside her (because Miranda just called him that she is now willing to date him)?

by Anonymousreply 219September 21, 2020 9:13 AM

Jack Berger lives in that small studio (nice though) and is jealous of Carrie and has issues when their at Prada and the shirt is so expensive; plus when they meet for the first time he's cracking jokes about how his book flopped and then his book option isn't picked up. BUT, he has a home in the Hamptons?

by Anonymousreply 220September 21, 2020 11:40 AM

I meant "they're at Prada"

by Anonymousreply 221September 21, 2020 11:43 AM

Speaking of the Hamptons episode, do we think Carrie is a total cunt in regards to aging gay Bobby Fine when he gets married to Mitzy. All she does is crack bitchy jokes from the time she learns of the pairing; really bitchy. But wouldn't a lot of us do the same thing? Or would we "get" the marriage for companionship and friendship. Or, even if us queens made bitchy jokes, was it still out of pocket for Carrie to do so? Geesh, I forgot how much more grating and squealing she is in season 5 - "A SCHRUUUUUNCHIE?!"

by Anonymousreply 222September 21, 2020 11:58 AM

The Hamptons episode was a throw together of things--Berger on the expensive cycle and having a house in the Hamptons, the gay friend's marriage which was an obvious shot at Margret Whiting and her porn star, and location shooting in the Hamptons. The episode could have been done in the City w/o seeming so convoluted---the wedding stays and Berger could be a guest---a distant relative of someone, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 223September 21, 2020 12:05 PM

[quote]And then, well, if you struggle with Carrie eating the grape in Paris, check out her attempting to eat the raspberry here.

To be fair maybe she has an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 224September 21, 2020 12:10 PM

I'd say it's just an annoyingly mannered type of 'acting'.

by Anonymousreply 225September 21, 2020 12:12 PM

To me Carrie acting like a total dork when it came to romance was true to the character. Bitch was over her head just being kissed by another woman (Alanis Morissette in the Bi episode). She was the ultimate Frau who thought way too highly of herself and yet couldn't cope with simple things in life without making a big, messy fuss about them.

by Anonymousreply 226September 21, 2020 1:36 PM

It's odd that Carrie was supposed to be Everywoman in the Big Apple, yet so few people could identify with her. because she was so dislikable. Darren Star was more successful with a later retelling of the same tale, the protagonist in Younger. She was a much more modest woman who did not get people's backs up.

by Anonymousreply 227September 21, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]Since this is about the men. Has anyone mentioned that glorious scene of Skipper breaking up with his girlfriend while his dick was still inside her (because Miranda just called him that she is now willing to date him)?

I recall it was Miranda who said the line, "You're breaking up with me while you're still inside me?"

by Anonymousreply 228September 21, 2020 2:47 PM

Skipper looked like Miranda in drag.

by Anonymousreply 229September 21, 2020 3:05 PM

R207 on a season in which the contestants were divided by race. It was controversial at the time. It wouldn’t even happen now.

When it looked like the white alliance was gonna steamroll, there was a last minute rig to force them to vote off two members of their tribe so the minority alliance could steamroll instead.

by Anonymousreply 230September 21, 2020 3:10 PM

r228. No, you remember wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 21, 2020 5:33 PM

Sorry, you remember it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 232September 21, 2020 5:35 PM

Remember when her computer blew up, and then she yelled at Aiden for having the nerve to buy her a new computer?? Hard to imagine he didn't dump her right then. Also, throughout the entire series Carried proclaims over and over what a great friend she is, when she was nothing of the sort. Even Samantha's cancer was secondary to whatever boyfriend DRAMA Carrie had going on in her life.

by Anonymousreply 233September 21, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote] Remember when her computer blew up, and then she yelled at Aiden for having the nerve to buy her a new computer?? Hard to imagine he didn't dump her right then

I remember it ended with some “cute” Carrie Bradshaw-ism like “sometimes we all just need to reboot and refresh” ...or something similarly stupid 🙄. Aidan should have punch and deleted her.

by Anonymousreply 234September 21, 2020 7:19 PM

"Paper covers rock" was vile.

by Anonymousreply 235September 21, 2020 7:43 PM

R233 I forgot about that episode. And now I know why 🤬 Aiden just should have said fuck it and let Carrie deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 236September 21, 2020 11:56 PM

It was a nice gesture, but I wouldn't like someone choosing my computer for me especially if I needed it for work...that is, unless it was a high end Mac, for which I'd be very thankful.

by Anonymousreply 237September 22, 2020 4:43 AM

She didn't treat it like a nice gesture. She was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 238September 22, 2020 4:53 AM

Yes, I agree. She could have thanked him and exchanged it if it wasn't what she needed. But Aiden was a domineering guy and the way he gave her a computer "with a handle so it's like a purse" is patronising and disrespectful to a woman in her 30s who has always earned her own living.

by Anonymousreply 239September 22, 2020 4:59 AM

[Quote] Remember when her computer blew up, and then she yelled at Aiden for having the nerve to buy her a new computer??

There was a similar plot on 90210 with Steve and Claire in one of the later seasons. Though i'm guessing Darren didn't have anything to do with it and probably left by then.

by Anonymousreply 240September 22, 2020 5:23 AM

R84, I think at that point Charlotte was still young and hopeful, so she dumped him over minor things because she assumed someone better is coming along. By S6, she is matured enough and tired, so she kind of settle. It is a quiet way of showing the mature pessimism has settled into Charlotte at that point. Plus, she married her prince charming Trey, only to be treated like dirt and would always be second fiddle to Trey's mother. I think that eager-to-marry guy would have been the same, a real mama's boy. Charlotte does not like that. She is a park avenue princess. She knows that by marrying a schleppy guy like Harry, he will worship her all day long like she has been used to.

by Anonymousreply 241September 22, 2020 5:35 AM

I like that reasoning, R241, and it makes a lot of sense.

When you think of it, all the women did mature over the series, with the exception of Carrie.

by Anonymousreply 242September 22, 2020 5:41 AM

R237, it WAS a high end Mac.

by Anonymousreply 243September 22, 2020 5:42 AM

r84. I believe what the show tried to point out that sometimes people want something and then panic when they get it and in their moment of panic self sabotage and get overly critical that it isn't exactly what they imagined.

In real life it would be considered having self worth issues where people claim they want something but "are not ready yet" to receive what they want and freak out when they get something that resembles what they want.

by Anonymousreply 244September 22, 2020 5:48 AM

Actually all of the women settled and took what they could get. Big was old, fat and tired, with a heart condition, by the time Carrie got him; Sam wanted a power player like Richard but ended up with a novice actor; a younger Charlotte and Miranda wouldn't have given Harry and Steve the time of day.

But Charlotte had had her fingers burned; she had learned that if you marry into an upper-class (American) family, your mother-in-law will run your life.

by Anonymousreply 245September 22, 2020 5:48 AM

Obviously I know it's fiction, but Big never made sense to me. That busy businessman, who has to deal with business sharks and scam artists at his job, has nothing better to do in his spare time than to get dragged into Carrie's personal drama of the week? That's how he relaxes? That's why I think Natasha was a better match. She was drama free and didn't try to challenge him when they were together. Almost obedient.

by Anonymousreply 246September 22, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote] a younger Charlotte and Miranda wouldn't have given Harry and Steve the time of day.

A younger Miranda did give Steve the time of day. Several times. They got together and broke up three times before getting married.

[quote] But Charlotte had had her fingers burned; she had learned that if you marry into an upper-class (American) family, your mother-in-law will run your life.

And a Jewish mother won't?

by Anonymousreply 247September 22, 2020 6:02 AM

Steve was supposed to be just a random fuck. And would a Jewish mother make all her son and daughter-in-law's decisions with the same confidence as Bunny MacDougal? Bunny said flat out that she was never going to back off.

Natasha was over 20 years younger than Big. They shared no common cultural references. She didn't seem like she had much of a sense of humor or that she'd be that hot in bed. "Everything is beige." - Big

by Anonymousreply 248September 22, 2020 6:25 AM

I read an interview with Chris Noth once where he said he didn't think Big should've come back into the series after he married Natasha. I think I agree. That was actually realistic, that a character like him would settle for 'beige' and what looks right for him. It was realistic he would start cheating on her too, but I don't really think him going back to Carrie was particularly realistic.

by Anonymousreply 249September 22, 2020 6:37 AM

bummer, i like callen, he a comedian, them broads jus misunderstood his humor

SJP IS A HORSE FACED GROUCH WHO SHOULD GO AWAY

by Anonymousreply 250September 22, 2020 6:54 AM

This is the Sarah Jessica Parker Hater Thread

by Anonymousreply 251September 22, 2020 7:38 PM

I actually don’t hate SJP. But I do hate Carrie Bradshaw most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 252September 22, 2020 7:42 PM

r252 The problem is, you get the feeling that there isn't much that separates them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 253September 22, 2020 8:43 PM

I've really never thought SJP was like Carrie - other than that they both love fashion. SJP can be overly mannered and a bit affected, but she seems like a genuinely nice person.

by Anonymousreply 254September 22, 2020 8:51 PM

I cannot picture SJP and her husband getting down and dirty for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 255September 22, 2020 8:52 PM

Yeah, that's been said a lot. People get gay vibes from Broderick, but even on SJP's end - she doesn't seem that sexual. But, how are we to know what actually goes down in their bedroom?

by Anonymousreply 256September 22, 2020 8:56 PM

R255 did you really want to??

by Anonymousreply 257September 22, 2020 11:44 PM

I bet Sarah had lovely titties, she should have shown them. The ugliest titties were Miranda's, oddly shaped with hot pink nipples.

The smallest were Samantha's but they were still beautiful. Charlotte's were just meh.

by Anonymousreply 258September 23, 2020 7:31 AM

Wow. Men appraising women's titties on a gay forum. What has this world come to.

by Anonymousreply 259September 23, 2020 7:35 AM

Miranda once flashed a boob at a neighbor and turned him gay. He could have sued for emotional distress.

by Anonymousreply 260September 23, 2020 7:35 AM

R259 if they show them, we will judge.

by Anonymousreply 261September 23, 2020 7:39 AM

r259 Gay men love tits.

by Anonymousreply 262September 23, 2020 8:40 AM

Samantha's tits weren't small, her areolas were just teeny tiny (which was bizarre, because her nipples were quite large).

Miranda's tits were disgusting. Charlotte had the best set of knockers amongst the gals.

by Anonymousreply 263September 23, 2020 8:42 AM

Charlotte also had the biggest arse of the four gals - the director very cleverly shot around it but occasionally it would make an appearance.

No judgement! Kristin Davis is beautiful. Shit actress, though.

And then there’s that arse.

by Anonymousreply 264September 23, 2020 8:46 AM

Big arses are "in" now. I wonder if Samantha would get arse implants if SATC took place in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 265September 23, 2020 9:08 AM

Back in the early 2000's a straight friend said that Charlotte was the cutest on this show.

by Anonymousreply 266September 23, 2020 9:09 AM

I always laugh at that scene where Charlotte yells at her friend for stealing her baby name and then later you see her weepily putting away her cushion with the hand-stitched named "Shayla" on it. Here in Australia, a name like "Shayla" is so not the kind of name someone like Charlotte would give to her baby, it's, to be honest, a bogan type name (read: "redneck" for Americans). You could see Kath and Kim naming a child Shayla. I always wondered if it really does sound like a fancy name to Americans.

Considering this is meant to be about the men of Sex and the City, and speaking of Charlotte, while the show did a bad job of portraying gay men mostly, I did like that scene towards the end where Charlotte is trying for a child, and Anthony seriously asks her if they will still be friends, because in his experience once the baby comes along, the friendship disappears. I thought that was a sweet scene.

by Anonymousreply 267September 23, 2020 12:15 PM

Charlotte's tits weren't great, very unremarkable. And big roomy hips and dumpy little legs.

Samantha had the nicest body when height is considered.

by Anonymousreply 268September 23, 2020 1:03 PM

Is this really a gay forum??

by Anonymousreply 269September 23, 2020 1:53 PM

R267, Shayla is a redneck name in the US too. No Charlotte would ever give a baby a name like Shayla. The writers fucked up there.

by Anonymousreply 270September 23, 2020 1:55 PM

Does anyone remember the friend of Miranda's who moved back from London and was staying on her sofa while he looked for apartments? She was going to make a play for him but then he met her interior designer and married her instead. I didn't see him mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 271September 23, 2020 1:57 PM

Ahhh, thanks R270. That is so bizarre, whoever came up with that name to give to Charlotte was high on something!

by Anonymousreply 272September 23, 2020 2:03 PM

Yes, R271, I remember that guy! I think he reminded me of Ralph Fiennes for some reason. I'll have to google him and see if he still does. He married some perky interior designer if I recall correctly, and Miranda gifted them a hideous frog lamp that the designer had placed in Miranda's apartment.

by Anonymousreply 273September 23, 2020 2:22 PM

Miranda's interior designer had extremely questionable taste.

by Anonymousreply 274September 23, 2020 2:24 PM

[quote] Miranda's interior designer had extremely questionable taste.

She was played by Carrie Preston ("True Blood", "The Good Wife", "Claws").

Interestingly, Carrie Preston turned out to be the married name of Carrie Bradshaw as it was learned in the first movie that Big's name was John James Preston.

by Anonymousreply 275September 23, 2020 2:46 PM

[Quote] You could see Kath and Kim naming a child Shayla.

😆😆😆

by Anonymousreply 276September 23, 2020 2:55 PM

That's the season 2 episode where they go to the wedding and Carrie is stinking out the venue with her ciggies.

by Anonymousreply 277September 23, 2020 3:30 PM

Ugh, Carrie and her cigs. It's not even the fact she smoked but she was so rude and obnoxious about it. Even in the 90's most people had stopped smoking inside and most people, the ones I know, would take a cue from their surroundings and other people, whether lighting up was appropriate. Ashtrays-check, others smoking-check, okay to light up. No ashtrays, no one else smoking, not okay to light up. She acted like she was raised by wolves.

by Anonymousreply 278September 23, 2020 3:45 PM

When it comes to the smoking Carrie was basically AbFab's Patsy Stone with the same obnoxious attitude about smoking wherever she wants without caring about the rules, the law, or the surrounding people.

by Anonymousreply 279September 23, 2020 3:56 PM

I'm surprised they hired SJP with her no nudity clause. You'd expect the star of the show, the sex columnist to be nude the most.

by Anonymousreply 280September 23, 2020 4:14 PM

R280, I remember an interview with SJP where she said something like: once there's nudity involved, it's not acting, it's a documentary, or some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 281September 23, 2020 4:25 PM

So why did she happily watch all her co-stars bare all? And what did they think of her claims that their nudity in-character wasn't acting?

by Anonymousreply 282September 23, 2020 4:34 PM

Watched a few eps on E! last night, featuring:

Mark Feuerstein as the guy Miranda's dating who is shocked to find out Miranda's been faking her orgasms. He even chides her & says he's always been able to make other women come & she just stares at him & he gets this look on his face like "they all faked it too?!" At the time SATC was pretty frank about sex, which was groundbreaking at the time. Keeping in mind that HBO/Showtime were *just* starting their late 90s/ early 00s renaissance of tv shows that had no limits on what they could show & discuss.

Miranda dates a guy who hasn't left Manhattan in ten years. He's a douchebag.

The "Single and Loving It?" episode where Carrie is on the date with Bradley Cooper & she's waxing poetic in the cab & he comes up to the window with that totally unflattering magazine cover. "Is this you?!" Its fun to watch Carrie get knocked down. Sometimes she needs it.

Samantha gets iced out of the NY social scene for fucking three husband of a popular socialite. The resolve of that plot was atrocious. Leonardo DiCaprio rescued her reputation? I'm so sure *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 283September 23, 2020 4:37 PM

I also remembered the douchebag movie star Charlotte meets and screws in the cab. The mention of DiCaprio reminded me of that episode.

The E! late night marathons are kind of comfort tv at night in bed for me. Mindless and don't have to pay that much attention though they cut a lot out.

by Anonymousreply 284September 23, 2020 5:03 PM

The movie star is funny in that prissy Charlotte is told to go to the toilet and stick her fingers up her pussy.

The DiCaprio plot seemed to only work if he'd agreed to a cameo where with him Samantha got a free pass into NY society.

The Bradley Cooper episode ended with Carrie flouncing off, realising she was too good to shag as an ego boost

by Anonymousreply 285September 23, 2020 5:19 PM

Prissy or not, no self-respecting female would do that except some dumb groupie with low self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 286September 23, 2020 5:22 PM

Sorry she was totally right, I mean it must have been a shock for such a prude to be asked that. Plus, I'm sure he pussy didn't smell of anything

by Anonymousreply 287September 23, 2020 5:37 PM

In the original episode, it was John Kennedy Jr who saved Samantha's reputation. Then he died and they redid the line as Leonardo diCaprio. I don't know why they did this, would it really be that upsetting to hear the guy's name? And surely all these years later it would be fine, especially? I remember Princess Di's name being cut out of reruns after she died too. If it was in bad taste, I could see what people were thinking, but it's just a name mention.

by Anonymousreply 288September 23, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]That is so bizarre, whoever came up with that name to give to Charlotte was high on something!

No, the problem is when writers don't come from the same background as the character. But that's why shows need consultants.

by Anonymousreply 289September 23, 2020 8:47 PM

No writer on a show like that should need to be told that, no matter his or her background.

by Anonymousreply 290September 23, 2020 9:12 PM

R271, that was Jeremy, who wrote for the Economist in London. Don't know the actor. I thought him and Miranda were good together - at least from what we could discern.

by Anonymousreply 291September 23, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] In the original episode, it was John Kennedy Jr who saved Samantha's reputation. Then he died and they redid the line as Leonardo diCaprio. I don't know why they did this, would it really be that upsetting to hear the guy's name?

I thought it was well known it was changed because the lead asked for it to be changed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 23, 2020 11:46 PM

See, SJP was pretty in her youth ! And when its all said and done ,she got to fuck the worlds hottest man .

by Anonymousreply 293September 24, 2020 1:16 AM

I'm going to sound negative here, I'm really sorry. But I've always thought JFK Jr's looks are overrated. But that could just be because everyone talks about how attractive he was, so I was expecting something more.

by Anonymousreply 294September 24, 2020 1:20 AM

r294. Looks are only one part that makes a person really attractive. Kennedy, jr. came from high society family (high social standing), was rich and successful on his own (even had his own magazine), and apparently beloved by his peers.

When it comes us common folk a pretty man can yet be unattractive if he's an incel, a douchebag, Republican, humorless, a hot mess drug addict, poor with poor hygiene, tiny dick, etc.

by Anonymousreply 295September 24, 2020 1:25 AM

Charms is also really important, come to think of it, and if he had that in spades, I could totally see why many people did rave about him.

by Anonymousreply 296September 24, 2020 1:31 AM

^Ugh "charm" singular, that's meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 297September 24, 2020 1:31 AM

So you're saying he had the zsa zsa zsu?!?!

by Anonymousreply 298September 24, 2020 1:46 AM

Oh god, I'd forgotten that phrase! So bad! 😂😂

by Anonymousreply 299September 24, 2020 1:52 AM

Nobody knows if JFK, Jr. really fucked SJP.

by Anonymousreply 300September 24, 2020 1:53 AM

r298 Definitely zsa zsa zsu!

by Anonymousreply 301September 24, 2020 1:57 AM

R301, more like zsa zsa EW! Amirite?

by Anonymousreply 302September 24, 2020 2:01 AM

How did the others feel having to cut Season 5 down to 8 episodes because Sarah was pregnant? Presumably they are paid by the episode?

by Anonymousreply 303September 24, 2020 7:10 AM

JOHN jr. was attractive especially for being (and compared to most) in the world of d.c. and politics, but he wasn't truly drop dead gorgeous, if he was let's say a unknown and trying to be a male model or pretty boy actor... countless, countless men better looking and better built then him walking around on this planet....

i mean his father JFK was lorded as some kind of matinee idol sex on a stick? REALLY? compared to truman, eisenhower, nixon, sure, but in the scope of reality? NO WAY NO HOW!...

by Anonymousreply 304September 24, 2020 3:43 PM

[quote] How did the others feel having to cut Season 5 down to 8 episodes because Sarah was pregnant? Presumably they are paid by the episode?

They did an extra long 6th season- 20 episodes- that was actually broken into two sections.

by Anonymousreply 305September 24, 2020 10:43 PM

That was only an extra 2 episodes. Season 5 was already commissioned for 18 episodes before SJP opened her legs for Ferris Bueller. The whole show lost 10 episodes of pat because of it.

by Anonymousreply 306September 24, 2020 10:52 PM

Pay!

by Anonymousreply 307September 24, 2020 10:53 PM

I put a nose bag outside my trailer but none of the poofs bit.

by Anonymousreply 308September 24, 2020 11:09 PM

Well, I guess we know whose side Cynthia Nixon is on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309September 24, 2020 11:23 PM

She likes the big paycheck r309

As much as I like Sharon Stone, she can’t play Samantha Only Kim C is Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 310September 24, 2020 11:43 PM

The article talks about the conversation they had on Turd Cohen's show, and then the topic was switched to- Oh, Samantha should be played by a POC. Why? She's a white character. You can't just stick in a black woman and pretend it's Samantha. If you wanted to invent a completely new character, you could cast any race, but that would throw off the dynamic- not because of the race but because it would have to be a new friend and someone who doesn't have the history with the other three. That would also upset the balance because it would take precious screen time away from SJP and put the focus on the newbie, and she would never allow that.

by Anonymousreply 311September 24, 2020 11:47 PM

ha! No way would SJP let Sharon Stone take over the Samantha role. SS may be a loon, but she has true star power.

by Anonymousreply 312September 24, 2020 11:54 PM

They should bring back Amalita Amalfi instead of Sam. She's has a lot of sex, she's a friend of Carrie's, she's a woman of color - and she's obnoxiously fun.

by Anonymousreply 313September 24, 2020 11:58 PM

If SJP is determined to do a third movie, they could kill off Samantha (her cancer returned) and introduce a new character (e.g. Sharon Stone)

by Anonymousreply 314September 25, 2020 12:29 AM

As Samantha's equally slutty secret sister.

by Anonymousreply 315September 25, 2020 1:10 AM

Was it confirmed, or was it just a (very credible) rumour that the third movie was to be centred around Big's death and Carrie dealing with it? I know a lot of people were suggesting back when the problems all began that maybe Samantha's cancer could return and she could die, but I bet if the third movie was about Big's death then there's no way they'd add that too.

by Anonymousreply 316September 25, 2020 1:13 AM

In the third "Sex and the City" film, which I like to call the third "prequel" in a series of 12, totally nude Samantha will OD from meth and heroin while being fucked in the ass and shat upon by an endless line of old drunk street people until her ancient pussy becomes so battered and used it falls out from between her vericose-vein riddled legs and rolls down a storm drain, as she collapses, and is flung into a nearby burning dumpster.

CUT TO: Me accepting an award as "New York City's Most Beautiful and Successful Woman"

by Anonymousreply 317September 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Cmon ya'll, do we REALLY need a third movie? Of a lower quality than the second one?? AND without Samantha, AND with SJP looking like an undead horse?? Okay, that last bit actually sounds like fun.

by Anonymousreply 318September 25, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote]Cmon ya'll, do we REALLY need a third movie? Of a lower quality than the second one??

That is technically impossible.

by Anonymousreply 319September 25, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote]That is technically impossible.

Watch me!

by Anonymousreply 320September 25, 2020 1:29 AM

Someone was asking earlier when it became the rule that Carrie had to be called fabulous by all her friends at least once each a season. I have no answer on that, but I did just see a sixth season episode where Samantha wanted to get a boob job and when asked what sort of boobs she wanted says: "like... yours" and indicates Carrie. Charlotte says: "what's wrong with mine?" and Samantha is like: "oh they're not bad either..." but it made me think of what this poster was saying, that naturally it's Carrie's breasts that are the most desirable, just like she was the most desirable at the casino when standing next to Charlotte too.

I think on the old Might Big TV site that became Television Without Pity, they referred to it as like a Donna from 90210 moment. I never watched 90210, but I guess a similar thing happened there?

(I can only find the scene in Español:)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 25, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote] I have no answer on that, but I did just see a sixth season episode where Samantha wanted to get a boob job and when asked what sort of boobs she wanted says: "like... yours" and indicates Carrie.

To me it was such a "Helena of Troy" moment where you are told that she has the best tits, but she's the only one who has never shown hers while the viewer has seen the others. It's like establishing a myth as truth without delivering the proof.

by Anonymousreply 322September 25, 2020 6:20 AM

The next day at the Hotel Vasectomy, I had some questions for the man next to me.

by Anonymousreply 323September 25, 2020 7:49 AM

r323, phonetically it does.

by Anonymousreply 324September 25, 2020 8:36 AM

[quote] To me it was such a "Helena of Troy" moment where you are told that she has the best tits

And you know it just killed Kim Cattrall to have to praise SJP’s tits, even in character!

by Anonymousreply 325September 25, 2020 12:01 PM

Anyone mentioned Charlotte's secret shame lover, the Hasidic Jewish artist, from the one episode about people dating people they dont want to be seen with by friends?

by Anonymousreply 326September 25, 2020 3:12 PM

I think someone mentioned him on one of the threads, R326. I was under the impression that they just hooked up - they weren't dating. Also, the voice over said about "what would her father think of his Episcopalian princess sleeping with a member of the lost tribe." So, it underscored the "mismatch."

by Anonymousreply 327September 25, 2020 3:29 PM

"I'm taking a love-aah."

I've been revisiting because of this thread. The season six double feature of Berger and Petrovsky - dear lord. And it's Carrie at her absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 328September 25, 2020 3:31 PM

The first half of Season 6 was great. The introduction of fucking Petrosky in the second half definitely brought it down a notch.

by Anonymousreply 329September 25, 2020 4:00 PM

One of my favorite scenes from 30 Rock was the one based on Steve and Mawanda! meeting on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330September 25, 2020 4:02 PM

I hope Miranda had that big ginger growler waxed before she trapsed across that bridge!

And why was she the one to move out of their Brooklyn house? She sold her Upper West Side apartment to pay for it and likely paid the most of the mortgage.

And how did Steve go from not being able to afford to rent an apartment that wasn't a dump to co-owner of a bar in 1 year?

by Anonymousreply 331September 25, 2020 4:25 PM

Maybe the fight between marrieds and singles is like the war in Northern Ireland. We're all basically the same, but somehow we wound up on diffferent sides.

by Anonymousreply 332September 25, 2020 7:21 PM

Lol R332 I was a teenager living in Northern Ireland, secretly watching the show and I laughed out loud at her commentary on our politics.

by Anonymousreply 333September 25, 2020 7:35 PM

R14/R15 That Versace gown was priced at $80,000.00. So, it definitely was pretty pricey, and alone was worth tens of thousands.

by Anonymousreply 334September 25, 2020 7:54 PM

R328! Aaargh! That fucking "lov-ah" nonsense!

"Uncomfortable with me taking a lov-ah?"

Not half as uncomfortable as SJP was, trying to recite those lines!

R332, LOL, Jesus fucking Christ!

by Anonymousreply 335September 25, 2020 9:03 PM

Why did Kim never get an Emmy? She was even beaten by Miranda for season 6 who did nothing outstanding to merit a win. Samantha stood up to cancer and should have won for that sweaty speech scene alone

by Anonymousreply 336September 25, 2020 9:48 PM

Call me a sop, but I actually really like those scenes of Miranda caring for Steve's mum. The shot of her eating out of the bin does make me tear up a bit whenever I see it. And of course they juxtapose Miranda running through the city looking for her mother-in-law with alzheimers, with Carrie running to try and get to her party, haha.

by Anonymousreply 337September 25, 2020 9:57 PM

She didn't win for that episode

by Anonymousreply 338September 25, 2020 10:01 PM

The scene with Miranda in the changing room after her mother dies always gets to me 🥺

by Anonymousreply 339September 25, 2020 10:52 PM

Some speculation (and it's just that) at the time was that people didn't vote for Kim because she was an unlikeable character. I didn't fully buy it, but it's what people were saying (given that Doris Roberts was winning multiple Emmys for playing an elderly harpy, it didn't make sense to me).

That last season, people were worried Kristen Davis might win because she (allegedly) came off better in Cattrall's and Nixon's tapes than those two did in each other's/Davis'. I've often wondered if Nixon won because it was perceived she was the best actress of the three, not based on the tapes (similar to the first season Desperate Housewives' situation, when Felicity won somewhat unexpectedly).

by Anonymousreply 340September 26, 2020 12:51 AM

Cynthia was great in that episode when her mother died. And I would say she was head and shoulders above the other three in general as an actress. (Cattrall when she was good was really great too, she just had a few moments where she was less convincing, like whenever she had to say "cunt". Davis, as likeable as she seems to be, is probably the ropiest of all of them).

by Anonymousreply 341September 26, 2020 1:17 AM

R339 One of the most emotional and raw scenes in the entire show

by Anonymousreply 342September 26, 2020 10:02 AM

^Didn’t that scene involve the sales lady trying to cop a feel of Miranda’s boobies?

by Anonymousreply 343September 26, 2020 3:14 PM

No the shoplady was just being kind, but overbearing. She helped Miranda realise she was wearing the wrong cup size.

By the by, how do women know which bra size to get? Is there a communal set they try on,!like measuring ring sizes?

by Anonymousreply 344September 26, 2020 3:57 PM

R344, measure and try on different make and models. Like clothes, not all bras fit the same. A 34C in one brand will fit different than another brand because tits are different.

by Anonymousreply 345September 26, 2020 4:04 PM

But I thought you couldn't return underwear?

by Anonymousreply 346September 26, 2020 4:11 PM

In one of the earlier episodes there is a guy who bothers Charlotte while out with Carrie, he keeps pestering her to buy her a drink ("I'll even buy Blondie one!" he adds, to an eye-rolling Carrie). Then she is "saved" by her White Knight. This guy that was pestering her - is he the same actor as the one who played the sleazy journalist that Samantha tries to fuck in a bathroom at a function to get back at Richard?

by Anonymousreply 347October 2, 2020 2:59 AM

Would a straight guy really freak out and dump a woman he found really sexy just because she mentioned during their private pillow talk that he liked her to finger his arse? That always seemed odd to me. Maybe he wouldn't want her to say it in front of his mates, but I can't believe he'd be put off by that when he loved it and really wanted Miranda to do dirty talk with him.

I mean, maybe it's the guys I know, my straight mates are open as anything that they like their arses played with. (though of course the fact I know that could come down more to the notion that many straight people I know seem to have that I as the gay guy they know is the person they can say anything to. Half the time I'm like: "I really don't need to know this!").

by Anonymousreply 348October 4, 2020 5:27 AM

You're probably right, but TV shows aren't documentaries. Not everything has to be 100% realistic.

by Anonymousreply 349October 4, 2020 2:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!