Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woodward's book thread 2 - All the President's Lies

continue here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 11, 2020 11:10 PM

Thanks op!

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2020 3:45 PM

Could someone link to part 1? I did a search and couldn’t find it.

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2020 3:50 PM

Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2020 3:52 PM

part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2020 3:52 PM

CNBC both-sidesing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2020 3:56 PM

R5 - my God, some Americans are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2020 4:03 PM

My next book will be "Carnage" after the President is re-elected. I have a $5 million advance for that one.

by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2020 4:08 PM

Trump tweeting this morning, taking great pains not to panic the American people:

The Democrats never even mentioned the words LAW & ORDER at their National Convention. That’s where they are coming from. If I don’t win, America’s Suburbs will be OVERRUN with Low Income Projects, Anarchists, Agitators, Looters and, of course, “Friendly Protesters”.

by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2020 4:10 PM

Trump only wants people to panic when it suits him and his reelection.

by Anonymousreply 9September 10, 2020 4:12 PM

If I don’t win, America’s Suburbs will be OVERRUN with Low Income Projects, Anarchists, Agitators, Looters and, of course, “Friendly Protesters”.

Good lord is he pathetic...that's literally the only card he has to play. BUT THE BLACK/BROWN PEOPLE!!!

by Anonymousreply 10September 10, 2020 4:17 PM

Pretty good card to play for him, R10, as he get's lots and lots of mileage out of it, because his white, fat. entitled baby boomer base eats that shit up like its candy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2020 4:21 PM

Is r10 an actual tweet?

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2020 4:25 PM

I’m only scared of brown people, not a deadly virus!!

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2020 4:29 PM

CNN has Christine Todd Whitman on right now talking about how Trump misled about the virus....and she's saying oh he's not a great leader blah, blah, blah....fucking BS!!!!

HELLO?????????????????????????????

SHE TOLD US THE AIR WAS SAFE TO BREATHE AFTER 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Yes, it is, R12.

Which brings up an interesting question: Are we better off if things like this trigger him so much? We have been saying over and over for years how batshit crazy he is and his supporters never listen. Do we gain any advantage by them seeing him actually being even crazier.

And a follow up question equates to the Electoral College in that maybe we don't need to convince so many voters of this as we do of the few people who can produce solid proof of even more egregious crimes. Something like, ya know, treason or doing blow off of the Resolute Desk, or hiding an illegitimate bi-racial child, or flirting with Tiffany instead of Ivanka...

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] They always say -- I did not see the tweet or did not read the quote

Reporters are always surprised at such deflections, and never learn.

It's easy. Just have the tweet open on your cellphone and shove it in their faces, "Here it is. I'll read it to you".

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote] Our president* tweeted and retweeted self-adulatory content 34 times, so far, in one hour.

[quote] The narcissistic injury induced by Woodward tapes is severe. 10:12 AM · Sep 10, 2020

[quote] Self-adulatory, contemptuous of his critics, and/or threatening content.

[quote] Rage is a natural response to narcissistic injury.

[quote]...reframing, to fortify the delusionally grandiose false self. This is what narcissism is: a thick layer of defensive, grandiose beliefs about oneself, acquired as a protection against the sense of unlovability and worthlessness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2020 4:48 PM

R16, I didn't see this myself, but in the other thread, someone posted about a host confronting a GOP-er last night on TV and doing just that, and he STILL said, "I haven't heard the tapes/read the book." What I want to know is why no reporter ever asks, "Why not? Why do you know less about this than literally everyone else in the country who watches or reads the news? Why do you think it's acceptable to admit you're uninformed about the issues of the day?"

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2020 4:56 PM

[quote]my God, some Americans are stupid.

my God, most Americans are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2020 4:57 PM

Joe Biden tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2020 5:04 PM

There's a lot more.

[quote]"I saved his a--," Trump said amid the US outcry over Khashoggi's killing, according to Woodward's new book. "I was able to get Congress to leave him alone. I was able to get them to stop."

[quote]After Khashoggi's murder, Trump bypassed Congress to sell roughly $8 billion in arms to the Saudis and the UAE, and vetoed a trio of resolutions blocking the sale as well as a resolution to end US support for the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2020 5:15 PM

Meanwhile

U.S. sanctions Ukrainian lawmaker for election interference targeting Biden

[quote]The U.S. Treasury on Thursday added Ukrainian lawmaker Andrii Derkach to its "Specially Designated Nationals" list for alleged efforts to interfere in the U.S. presidential election, including by promoting "false and unsubstantiated" allegations targeting Joe Biden.

[quote]Derkach told Politico in August that he had sent Biden-related materials to U.S. lawmakers. He had previously met with President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani as part of Giuliani's efforts to dig up dirt on Biden in Ukraine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2020 5:17 PM

Just wait, Trump will say he had the 'perfect calls' with Bob and gave him the 'perfect answers', they were all perfect.

[quote]“Bob Woodward had my quotes for many months. If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives?" Trump tweeted. "Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers. Calm, no panic!”

by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2020 5:21 PM

R23 you're evil but correct!

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2020 5:28 PM

"Fuck you, Trump".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2020 5:41 PM

As I've seen others say, it really is amazing that morons will buy the bullshit of Trump claiming he didn't want to "create panic" considering that's all he does. His entire campaign started on "panic." Panic of anyone who isn't white. "Caravans" and constantly tweeting if a Muslim so much as farts on another continent, panic about Biden being elected, panic in the suburbs, panic of every fucking thing if he isn't made president for life.

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2020 5:41 PM

R25, I follow Biden on Instagram, and you wouldn't believe the trolling in the comments. Every day, you can count dozens of posts from the following troll accounts:

"African Americans for Trump"

supposed foreigners saying Trump is the best president in history and they pray he will be reelected

pro-Trumpiana from alleged women with nothing but huge-ass photos of "themselves" on their profiles (as in, the pictures are photoshopped to give them gigantic Kardashian asses stuck right at the camera)

assorted accounts calling him senile and/or accusing him of hiding in the basement

and, especially funny, people addressing him as "Secretary Biden" (WTF?).

You'll notice the comment on the post you linked to from someone saying, "Your days in office are numbered." Um.... I don't even think the *real* people commenting know who he is. They only know he's running against Trump, which makes him bad.

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2020 5:56 PM

The sin is not Trump, the sin is the other Republicans letting his stay in office. I wish they would burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2020 6:02 PM

Whenever something from Biden pops up on FB R27 there are always nasty comments from Deplorables, or, more likely, Russians posing as Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 29September 10, 2020 6:35 PM

anyone sick of politics yet?

I am tuning out....until Nov 1.

by Anonymousreply 30September 10, 2020 6:39 PM

It's not that the Magats believe Trump.

It's that in order to back away from him they'd need to admit that they'd been duped by a con man for the past four years, that they'd alienated friends and family and made nasty comments about upstanding people to defend someone who was defenseless.

It's why con games work--people don't want to admit they've been taken advantage of and so will keep on going even when common sense tells them they've been had.

It's why people stay with abusive spouses.

But they know he's lying.

by Anonymousreply 31September 10, 2020 6:45 PM

Well said, r31!

by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2020 6:47 PM

I think he gets off duping them more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 33September 10, 2020 6:50 PM

I disagree with R31. I truly believe that his flying monkeys think he doesn't mean them. "He's talking about those other people, not me." He loves me. It's a cult and these people are lost.

by Anonymousreply 34September 10, 2020 6:52 PM

Correction: "He's talking about those other people, not me. He loves me."

by Anonymousreply 35September 10, 2020 6:53 PM

he is about to speak live. Urgent stuff. Is he resigning?

by Anonymousreply 36September 10, 2020 6:54 PM

He's probably starting a war somewhere, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37September 10, 2020 6:56 PM

Yes, well said at R31, but for a large segment of the population, it's also putting in place a conservative infrastructure with judges, etc. that will steer all the social issues they care so much.

by Anonymousreply 38September 10, 2020 6:57 PM

He's not resigning. Hardeeharhar. Trump never ever admits mistakes. Also he must stay president otherwise his legal battles will become monstrous and beyond his personal means. The Republican Party is paying his legal bills, not to mention the taxpayer with Barr.

by Anonymousreply 39September 10, 2020 6:57 PM

He's not resigning. He's holding a rally in Michigan tonight. People have been lining up since Tuesday for it. Makes me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2020 7:01 PM

I think R31 makes a good point, but I think you also to need to note that Trump validates them. He doesn't talk down them. He doesn't make them feel bad. He reinforces their prejudices and just makes them feel okay to be the way they are.

To those of us on the outside looking in, it's appalling. But there is nothing you can really do. Yes, they're idiots, but they're idiots who vote.

by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2020 7:03 PM

R37, I wouldn’t be surprised if he started a war for the rallying effect.

by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2020 7:13 PM

But the only promise he has left that he hasn’t broken is that he won’t start any wars.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2020 7:18 PM

He'll announce that he's finally going to "lock her up".

by Anonymousreply 44September 10, 2020 7:20 PM

Trump & Co just continue on their merry way causing scandal after scandal. They are putting their ducks in a row for the Biden scandal "surprises" - which will work, by the way. They may not get Trump elected but he has other tricks up his sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 45September 10, 2020 7:22 PM

Yes R42, a war would be ideal for distraction for Trymp right now- but remember- Trump just got caught with his pants down calling his top generals and military commanders " pussies" and insulting dead veterans " "cowards and losers". NO ONE in the Armed Forces community is going to War for this piece of shit now.

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2020 7:23 PM

I’m sure it’ll be some bullshit announcement about how "new evidence" has come to light about Biden or the investigation into Trump/Russia or some other load of crap. He won’t say what it is, but that he’ll be letting us know soon and we're all going to be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2020 7:25 PM

R47 its more elaborate than trump just faking it with a one off. They have Justice Department reports coming out to smear Biden.

by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2020 7:27 PM

"They are putting their ducks in a row for the Biden scandal "surprises."

You'll be absolutely shocked when we do an expose on Hunter Biden's shenanigans. Planning on a mid-October reveal. You will be stunned.

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2020 7:28 PM

It's going to look "real" and "legit" enough to distract for 2 weeks or more, and created a zillion lines of "what bout" and false equivalencies.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2020 7:29 PM

He's previewing the next few weeks of attacks on Biden. "The Biden family is selling out America to the Chinese military. Hunter Biden blah blah blah."

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2020 7:44 PM

Jonathan Karl: "Why did you lie to the American public?"

Trump: "That is such a disgraceful question."

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2020 7:50 PM

Karl should shout back, Isn't lying to the people disgraceful?

by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2020 7:59 PM

Karl should shout back, Isn't lying to the people disgraceful?

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2020 8:00 PM

He seemed alert but nervous. Like a rattlesnake.

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2020 8:14 PM

Working hard for the American people:

Trump just admitted to watching 5 hours of Fox programming last night: "I watch some of the shows. I watch Liz MacDonald, she's fantastic. Fox Business. I watched Lou Dobbs last night. Sean Hannity last night, Tucker last night, Laura. I watched 'Fox & Friends' in the morning."

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2020 8:15 PM

r20, In that press conference, wasn’t Trump stating that people should take the same precautions as one would to avoid flu, and not comparing the severity of the two illnesses? It looks like the clip was edited to be out of context.

by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2020 8:31 PM

R57, there is no point in ever dissecting anything he says to find a modicum of decency. Life would be easier if everyone just accepted he is repulsive and corrupt in every fucking way. As a father, a husband, a brother, an uncle, a son, a businessman, a president.

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2020 8:44 PM

Daniel Dale:

“I watched Lou Dobbs last night. Sean Hannity last night. Tucker last night...Laura...Fox & Friends in the morning...” - Donald Trump, unprompted, two weeks after telling the New York Times that he doesn’t watch much TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2020 8:51 PM

R38 and R41 -- I think both things can be true-- that they know he is lying about many things but, as part of their not wanting to admit they've been following a con man for years, they tell themselves that he's going to get them their judges and their Wall, so it's okay.

And flattering people is exactly what a con man does: they gets them to believe that they are smarter than the average bear so that they'll fall for his con. That's why they fell for him in the first place and like the woman who knows that her new boyfriend is actually married but won't admit it to herself because it would make her look like a fool, they go right on playing along with him.

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2020 8:52 PM

Kyle Griffin:

Breaking: Trump bragged to Bob Woodward that he protected Saudi Arabia's Mohammed bin Salman from congressional scrutiny after the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi.

"I saved his ass," Trump said in 2018. "I was able to get Congress to leave him alone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Here is the clip of Karl telling Trump he is lying

And Trump lies too-flu deaths -- and he is corrected by one of his advisors.

Worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2020 8:59 PM

Dump called it a fucking HOAX. He’s a liar. #HangHim

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2020 9:04 PM

It's one thing to downplay, it's another to literally mock masks and SD and only get people into a panic about things based in your own bigotry and racism, you fat, orange fuck.

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2020 9:06 PM

I didn't lie. I said Ginsu Steak Knives are the best, and I believe that's true!

by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2020 9:12 PM

Yeah, even now if he could tell his band of baboons not to be complete fucking assholes if someone asks them to wear a mask, he could do some good.

But of course, doing good is never on the Trump agenda.

by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2020 9:15 PM

Even if you can excuse everything else (I don't know how, but even if you can), how do you excuse the Covid thing? Directly from the horse's mouth. The deaths, the economy, and the state we're in now that all leads back to his bad decisions back at the beginning of the year. How can anyone sane or compassionate, just overlook that?

by Anonymousreply 67September 10, 2020 9:17 PM

r30 This not about "politics", this is about existential threats to both public health and the democratic state. Your "keeping your eyes and ears shut until Nov 3" is an act of denial, not a response to "politics."

r41 I challenge this notion of the poor, misunderstood Trump voter. In the 2016 the average Trump voter was white, employed, with a $70k annual income. The grievance of white, middle class Americans... how "talked down to by the coastal elites" I think is a common trope that's never challenged. My own (non-data-driven) perception that these Trump Americans enjoy the privilege of attacking and talking down to anyone they consider the enemy, the Other.

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2020 9:18 PM

Trump's Cabinet, his WH Staff and Republican congress - all guilty of crimes. Way back in April we in DL were calling on Dr. Birx and Fauci to call a press conference and rat out the lot of them. They did not. So fuck them too.

by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2020 9:21 PM

Trump has NEVER stopped holding rallies with unmasked attendees, during an airborne deadly pandemic. Why isn't he under house arrest? How could dozens and dozens and dozens of CUNTS helped him do this. Put all this into place?

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote][R41] I challenge this notion of the poor, misunderstood Trump voter. In the 2016 the average Trump voter was white, employed, with a $70k annual income. The grievance of white, middle class Americans... how "talked down to by the coastal elites" I think is a common trope that's never challenged. My own (non-data-driven) perception that these Trump Americans enjoy the privilege of attacking and talking down to anyone they consider the enemy, the Other.

I don't disagree with you. And I would never defend any Trump voter. My point was simply, he makes them feel okay to be horrible people, by casting them as "real Americans" and the victims of Democrats and minorities.

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2020 9:26 PM

David Axelrod:

Little has been said in the wake of the Woodward tapes about the role of the @VP, who knew everything the @POTUS did and more about the nature of the threat, chaired his COVID-19 task force and parroted Trump’s assurances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2020 9:30 PM

Pence is worm and moral imbecile. What more to say? And he never amusing, like Trump can be (in a horrifying way, of course).

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2020 9:37 PM

[qute] R31: It's why con games work--people don't want to admit they've been taken advantage of and so will keep on going even when common sense tells them they've been had.

YMF, I recall a sad old man, on the show [italic] Intervention, [/italic] who lost all his considerable life’s income to Nigerian Princes via the internet, and there was one scene where he was muttering to himself “they can’t all be frauds”, as he double-downed. His children seemed to have just given up, resigned to him losing millions and being incapable of stopping, Exactly as you said.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2020 9:47 PM

He said if Woodward thought the pandemic was so bad he should have said so. No, that's YOUR job you murdering fucker.

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2020 9:51 PM

Would like to see him tried for mass murder.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2020 9:56 PM

Time for the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2020 10:32 PM

"There will probably even be additional revelations about this, that it wasn't just ignorance... We have an explanation that there actually was a plan... I think this is something that's under appreciated, just how calculated this was" - @HeidiNBC w/ @NicolleDWallace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2020 11:25 PM

Here is a good explanation, in my opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2020 11:34 PM

Why does that frowsy, mousy scarf woman just stand there and let Shitler open his ass and boop out noxious lies that cost peoples' lives? I hope she goes to Hell after burning up in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 80September 10, 2020 11:45 PM

Former White House Communications Director @Scaramucci joined us on @TheHolePodcast and shared the time @realDonaldTrump disparaged his military visit to support the troops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2020 12:42 AM

The president literally knew this pandemic was deadly, ignored it, then worse, actively downplayed it, mocked those concerned, took no lead in the response, then actively put his followers lives in danger by holding rallies. This is next level evil. The fact he won’t lose much support is damning for where we are as a nation. He’ll likely lose in a fucking landslide. But his damage, along with the traitorous republicans will last.

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2020 3:03 AM

[quote]then actively put his followers lives in danger by holding rallies. This is next level evil.

He doesn't look at them as human beings and citizens.

He looks at them like utilitarian objects, chess pieces he can move around to checkmate 'the libs.' Per deplorable lingo, their imagined 4th dimensional chess.

So he doesn't care at all what happens to people. He cares only that they pack his rallies to adulate him, snarl at the libs, the 'fake news' and all his 'enemies', and are psyched up to vote for him which is the actual goal.

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2020 3:37 AM

R83 I know but it’s just shocking a president is this way. It isn’t shocking for him because we all know he’s a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 84September 11, 2020 4:27 AM

[quote]Per deplorable lingo, their imagined 4th dimensional chess.

I doubt that Trump has an informed understanding of the third dimension, much less the fourth.

by Anonymousreply 85September 11, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote]He looks at them like utilitarian objects

His supporters are his narcissistic supply

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2020 1:52 PM

Apparently Bolton said that Trump’s tape and the whole Denying the virus when he knew it was killing people will be the end of the road for his presidential bid. Heard it on MSNBC and it was harsh!

Also, rumor on twitter that the Senatrice recommended Trump speak to Woodward purposely as part of his redemption, the only way he can take trump down w/o getting his Kompromat splashed around. I don’t buy it but the theory is floating.

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2020 5:15 PM

R87, bullshit theory. Miss L was/is way over-the-top in his defend of Trump even when it was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2020 5:18 PM

I guess I kind find it plausible that Trump was unfamiliar with Woodward being instrumental to another President falling. I find it more likely that he wanted to brag to Woodward, because he is a celebrity who is well respected, and it wasn't any deeper than that.

Miss Lindsey gets no redemption. Frankly, Miss Lindsey, We won't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2020 6:04 PM

Paging Occam's Razor

Trump thought he could charm Woodward into writing a positive book about him. Remember, Trump does not realize that much of what he does is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2020 6:48 PM

Lindsay Graham isn't that smart and cunning, He looks out for himself. Setting Trump up with Woodward would not benefit him in any way.

The biggest and most effective weapon of us Liberals is optics. Making Trump look as un-presidential as possible on social media will make it difficult for Putin and the right-wing media to sell the bullshit that a Trump win is legit, because of "silent" Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2020 7:17 PM

I wish this book had come out in October. The revelations in it will only get a couple of weeks’ worth of media and voter attention. It will be out of the news in two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 92September 11, 2020 7:24 PM

R92, it's OK, because the Atlantic has said there's more coming from them....

by Anonymousreply 93September 11, 2020 7:26 PM

People are voting much earlier this year too R92 thanks to mail in voting

by Anonymousreply 94September 11, 2020 7:29 PM

Trump's biggest weapon is throwing shit on the wall on a daily basis and the media gladly updating us about the latest shit fling. However, it will also be his downfall, because the citizens are tired of his shit and make sure they vote him out to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 95September 11, 2020 7:32 PM

I fully expect escalating information coming out over the next weeks until the election.

There will be more, it will be more damning and the speed of the revelations will likely increase.

The crap the Trump "team" will "unveil" about the Biden family will pale in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 96September 11, 2020 7:57 PM

53 days

by Anonymousreply 97September 11, 2020 9:36 PM

Half of NC Will have voted within the next four weeks

by Anonymousreply 98September 11, 2020 9:36 PM

The NY Times will come out with a detailed expose of the shenanigans of Hunter Biden from pre-K till high school graduation. It will be a bombshell delivered in the middle of October. Just the type of intrepid reporting you've come to expect from the Times.

As an added bonus, there will be follow up reports on Hillary's emails and Benghazi.

Doesn't bode well for Biden or the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 99September 11, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]Apparently Bolton said that Trump’s tape and the whole Denying the virus when he knew it was killing people will be the end of the road for his presidential bid.

Sure, John.

by Anonymousreply 100September 11, 2020 10:16 PM

R100, for once in his sorry life, I hope Bolton is right.

by Anonymousreply 101September 11, 2020 10:24 PM

Republicans know this is, electorally, the end of the road. They either have to change policies or lose TX, GA, AZ, NC and others. White grievance will only take them so far. College educated whites are waking up to how shitty their policies are. Republicans have shown they never cared about good policy or the military. It was all for show. And all about judges. Why? It will be the only branch they will be able to control.

So they will lie, cheat and steal to win this election.

by Anonymousreply 102September 11, 2020 10:27 PM

Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Following the Atlantic story about Trump's comments on the troops, "six percent of 2016 Trump supporters say they have moved toward Biden as a result."

Overall, 8% of Trump 2016 voters have switched to Biden compared to just 1% of Clinton voters to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 11, 2020 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!