Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Finn Jones (Thread 2)

The first thread went subscriber only, so here is the sequel. Today he and Gwendoline Christie have been posting some nice memories of the filming of Game of Thrones on Instagram, including this behind the scenes photo from the making of the second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40Last Tuesday at 2:46 AM

I’ve still never seen this show!

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2020

Gwen's post with the same photo. She says in the caption that it was taken during the first few filming days of S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208/19/2020

Before Brienne and Jaime's storylines became entwined, Gwendoline hung with Finn and Gethin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308/19/2020

Gwen, Finn and Gethin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408/19/2020

Thanks for the photos R3 and R4. Gwen and Finn and Gethin made a great trio.

by Anonymousreply 508/19/2020

Just noticed on Instagram that Gethin also liked both Finn and Gwen's Game of Thrones memories posts this week, which is sweet.

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2020

Adorable. I love the photo (wish I could find it) of Gwen with her arm protectively around Gethin. It's like the embodiment of a modern GoT story with Brienne serving as Renly's bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2020

So, any new sexuality details, other than hanging with Julian and Landon? Any recent pics with the cute (potential) boyfriend?

Any new life details other than his mild DJ career?

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2020

Why did he become a DJ? Were the acting jobs drying up? I know he had a wicked addiction issue at one point. Supposedly. there was an intervention during the time he was working on Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2020

He’s been DJing for the Love Games disco event at Good Room in Brooklyn for at least a year, I think, and he’s been an amateur DJ for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2020

He has been really low-key since he returned to New York in June. Aside from the handful of DJ events he has done, I have struggled to find news. He has occasionally shown up in a couple of his platonic friends' Instagrams, but no other sightings, and it's been hard to find clues about his love life. I think the DJing is mainly for fun, if he were seriously pursuing it as an alternate career/source of income then I think he would have been booking many more gigs in the past couple of years, especially since Iron Fist was cancelled . But even before the pandemic he seemed content to undertake just a few things, mainly the regular Love Games slot and a few other one-off events. As R10 says he has been doing this in his spare time for years. Back in 2014 he and Kristian Nairn went on a tour of university venues in the UK, playing at student unions and club nights and so on. In contrast to Kristian though, who has travelled around the world a lot doing DJ work, Finn hasn't played nearly so frequently. But given that clubbing is going to be one of the most difficult things to completely reopen as long as the pandemic lasts, even if he did want to do more DJing work, he definitely needs another back-up plan in case his acting prospects fall through.

I would like to see him diversify a bit, maybe try his hand at producing something or initiating a project in some way. I was reading recently about Natalie Dormer creating a production company and signing a deal to develop projects, it would be great to see him be as proactive as that. Or maybe do some theatre once things begin to reopen on that front. I am surprised that despite living in two major theatre cities like London and NY, he has never done any, aside from the plays he was required to do while still at drama school. Going by recent reports, I don't think there is any chance that he will be recast as Iron Fist once Marvel get the rights back from Netflix so he needs to move on from that entirely. Financially he seems to be doing OK, in the sense that he can at least afford to live in his own place in NY without having to have a roommate, although I noticed he had to move and downsize a bit after the Marvel shows were axed, so his income must have taken a bit of a knock. In early June he began following his UK agent's private account, which made me wonder if he was contemplating coming back to the UK to get work here at some point, and he also tried out the business account mode on Instagram around that time, which also seemed to be a sign that he was thinking about how to position himself to get new work. But he loves living in New York so much that I doubt he would choose to leave unless things got really difficult. The problem for him is that there are less productions that film in NY, and if the pandemic continues to limit things even further, it might be hard for him to get roles without a major rethink of his work strategy. The bright side is that having been lucky enough to be on the opposite coast during the days when NY was the epicentre of the pandemic, it is at least now relatively safer there than in many other areas of the US, so I think he made the right choice to come back from LA when he did.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2020

Didn't he hook up with Gwen Christie when she was in New York City last fall? A DL'er saw them snogging during a Broadway performance of "Slave Play."

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2020

R12, I remember reading those comments in one of the GoT gossip threads, the DLer said a friend of his had attended the same performance and saw them in the audience "making out" and "all over each other", but I wasn't sure what to make of them. It's true that they did go to see that play together, I remember being online that evening and saw Finn post a few things on his stories. First a shot of both their faces, which he deleted and then posted a shot of just their eyes and foreheads (but it was still clearly meant to be them), followed by an enthusiastic comment about the play a couple of hours later. He then deleted all of these from his stories before the usual 24 hour period was up, so that could have been a sign he was trying to hide it.

But then why post anything in the first place if he was on a night out with his secret friend-with-benefits, rather than someone who is just his platonic friend? And why risk being seen kissing in public, after already alerting his followers that they were there together, especially given that Gwen is officially supposed to be in a relationship with someone else? It might be that behind closed doors Gwen and Giles Deacon have an open relationship, or even that it is just a PR thing to help them in the fashion world, but as far as the public knows, they are an item, and it might damage her image if she was thought to be seeing someone else. Look at the way she made a point of being seen out with Giles after the blind items about her and Nikolaj were circulating earlier this year. It all seems like too much of a risk to take.

On the other hand, I can't think of a reason why the DLer's friend would make it up, given that past gossip was always about her and Nikolaj not her and Finn, and there isn't really anything to be gained by saying so. Maybe the friend genuinely thought they were being intimate but was mistaken when he thought they were making out, and they were just being affectionate in a platonic way? Or maybe they were play-acting at being a couple in order to have fun by shocking any observers at the theatre who had recognised them, and only later realised that this could begin some gossip, hence deleting all the IG story material early? I don't think it is impossible that they could be friends with benefits (although I would be surprised), I just think the context of Finn showing his IG followers that they were there together, and then kissing in such a public place while Gwen is supposed to have a boyfriend, makes it a bit unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 1308/27/2020

Isn't he rumored to be a raging alcoholic? That could be why there aren't that many acting jobs or much news.

by Anonymousreply 1408/27/2020

No way there is anything between NCW and Christie except in the minds of deluded fraus.

by Anonymousreply 1508/27/2020

R14, I haven't heard about him being an alcoholic, he definitely drinks, but have not heard that it has become a problem for him. But I wouldn't know for sure. Where did you hear about the alcoholism? The rumour I did hear a few times was that he has/had issues with drugs. As R9 said there was gossip about people on GoT having to do an intervention with him. I remember the cast tea thread over on LSA had a few comments on this as well. He has been open in the past about having taken drugs at times (he talked about taking acid in an IG story last winter), but also very sensitive to suggestions that he uses them frequently (he did a recent IG live DJ session where one of the comments in the feed suggested he was high, and he added a comment to the feed saying he was not).

R15, I wasn't suggesting I believed the rumours about Gwen and NCW, just that she seemed keen to make it clear there was nothing in them by emphasising that she was still with Giles (hence why I find it hard to believe she would be openly hooking up with Finn or anyone else in the way that was claimed, she obviously wants to preserve the image of her and Deacon as a couple).

by Anonymousreply 1608/27/2020

Deacon was with her in that NYC trip last fall although obviously, he didn't attend "Slave Play" with Gwen and Finn. Clearly, they went on their own but Deacon was most definitely in NYC during that time.

I think it's an open relationship rumored to be as such. I wouldn't doubt if Gwen and Finn are friends with benefits, even if it's occasional. But then again, who makes out during a Broadway show--especially if you're recognizable from a monster TV hit show that ended? Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 1708/27/2020

Agreed R17. Even if they are friends with benefits behind closed doors, it's hard to believe they would be openly making out in the middle of a theatre audience.

by Anonymousreply 1808/28/2020

R18 You’d think, right? I remember someone commented on one of her IG posts that they’d seen her making out with her ‘hot’ man at that play as well. The comment is probably still there. Giles is many things, but he’s not hot. Nor was there any sign he was with Finn and Gwen that night. Like most actors, they’re both bi.

I don’t get why anybody has a hard time imagining that Gwen would cop off with co-stars in public. There are literally pictures out there of her snogging Alfie Allen and with Charles Dance all over her. When she was in a ‘relationship’ too. There’s absolutely zero doubt that her and Nikolaj were ‘close’ as well. They were always being seen out together on their own. She might not be a 10 by conventional standards, but since when has that ever stopped a guy who wants to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 1908/30/2020

R16 I think she wanted to protect NCW's marriage rather than her own relationship.

by Anonymousreply 2008/30/2020

I doubt she staged those photo ops to save NCW's marriage. That was probably furthest from her mind. No, this was all to do with preserving the PR image of her and Deacon as some kind of chic, fashionista London power couple (and to dispel any notions she was a homewrecker).

by Anonymousreply 2108/31/2020

Finn hasn't been very active on Instagram recently but I did notice that a few days ago that he suddenly deleted a post he had originally made back in April this year, in which he had talked enthusiastically about Quibi, the platform that is producing his latest show. He didn't delete any other posts, just that one. Maybe a sign that the future of his show is in trouble and he has been given notice of this? Maybe Quibi are considering not resuming filming and just making do with the footage that they have, meaning no additional work for him, or even cutting their losses and cancelling the show altogether without broadcasting anything that was filmed before. Or maybe that the platform itself is unlikely to last long enough to broadcast it even if they wanted to? I have read a few articles about how it has struggled to take off, and it's hard to imagine that's going to improve much in the near future, given all the problems with producing new content while filming is currently restricted in the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 2209/02/2020

I read recently that Quibi is in trouble financially. I'm guessing the pandemic doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 2309/02/2020

Only a woman would think NCW hooked up with Gwendoline Christie. Wishful frau thinking: She’s homely but snagged him, so I have a chance too!

by Anonymousreply 2409/02/2020

R24 I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand that normal rules don’t apply with European men. Nikolaj’s wife’s not exactly a catch. Besides, I don’t know if he smokes, but his looks are fading fast. Not exactly the best man for L’Oreal skincare ads.

by Anonymousreply 2509/02/2020

Finally some news after a few very quiet weeks. He has acting work again, he posted a shot on his stories earlier today of a view from a plane, with a 'back to work' sign in the background, and a dancing banana emoji. A few hours before that he also posted a link to a song about Hollywood, so I would guess that the project will be filming in LA. No idea what it might be, or if it's a film or a TV show. I think it is probably something new though, I would be surprised if Swimming with Sharks was resuming, because there hasn't been any activity suggesting that on the accounts of others involved in the show, as well as what was mentioned before about him deleting the post about Quibi a few weeks ago. Actors usually have to sign a NDA these days so I doubt he will be able to confirm anything until there is an official press release.

He was especially quiet on Instagram this past week, so he may have been having Zoom meetings and/or auditions during that time. I also noticed that while he was posting very little, he unfollowed a large number of accounts last week, almost 40 in one day. So maybe a sign that he was trying to tidy up his online profile in the service of getting new work. Last month he also seems to have opted out of having photos he has been tagged in appear on his profile. People can still tag him, it just won't show up when you click on the relevant tab on own his page, the most recent to show up there was from early August, so he seems to have opted out after this point.

Anyway, glad he finally has a new role again, hope the pandemic won't lead to this project being put on hold as well. And while I had wondered if he was considering returning to the UK during the summer, it's probably for the best that he didn't, as cases have been rising again here and it is looking possible there will be another lockdown in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 2609/24/2020

Yeah, this is good to hear!

by Anonymousreply 2709/25/2020

As it turns out, I was wrong about Swimming with Sharks, they are returning to filming after all. The show's writer Kathleen Robertson posted on Instagram today about it and mentioned Finn in the caption. I think they had only completed about a month of filming before lockdown in March, but as the episodes are only 10 minutes long each, they may not take too long to complete the rest of the season. I would guess that filming will wrap within a couple of months at most (unless restrictions on filming are brought back in LA before then).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2809/25/2020

New post on his Instagram today about filming resuming on Swimming with Sharks.

Also, there is a behind the scenes book about Game of Thrones coming out next week, by James Hibberd, which seems like it will be mostly written in an oral history style featuring quotes from many of the cast and crew. If anyone gets hold of a copy and finds any quotes from or about Finn in it, please feel free to share on this thread. I am away most of next week so I won't get a chance to have a look at the book until next weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2910/03/2020

He posted that the second season of Dickinson will premiere on January 8. It has also been recommissioned for a third season. The man he plays was a lifelong friend of Emily so I think there is a good chance he will also be in S3. He was also in a video with other members of the cast encouraging people to get out and vote in the election, which he posted on his Instagram.

I also had a look at the Hibberd book, but there is nothing new from or about Finn in there, just the same quotes that were in an interview he gave to Hibberd after his last GoT episode in 2016, including saying that he was only told that Loras was being killed off the night before the read-through for the S6 finale. That was interesting because I've read that the actors who played the other Tyrells were informed much earlier about what was going to happen to their characters. Natalie Dormer said she was told several months before getting the S6 scripts, and the actor who played Loras and Margaery's father said he was told around March/April of 2015, while the episode read-throughs didn't take place until July of that year. I wonder why they didn't tell Finn until much nearer the time.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2020

Poor casting as Lancel. This generic ginger is supposed to be the most beautiful man in Westeros.

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2020

Lancel looked like Little Red Riding Hood in that episode where King Robert is killed by a boar. That still makes me chuckle to this day.

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2020

Quibi is now officially shutting down. It's not clear yet what this means for Finn's show, whether the end of the platform means the end of Swimming with Sharks too, or if they will still be able to at least finish the rest of filming, and then be allowed to shop the project to other platforms. Diane Kruger posted a photo of herself on set on Instagram yesterday before the news was announced, so production clearly hadn't finished yet. The showrunner hasn't posted anything on Instagram one way or the other since the news, so maybe they are currently in negotiations about what they can do with what they have.

by Anonymousreply 3310/22/2020

The showrunner just made a post saying today was their last day of filming, but talks about finding a new home for it, so she seems confident they have enough footage to put together into a coherent show. Finn also posted on his stories today, he didn't refer directly to the news, but posted a screenshot of Gwen Guthrie's song "Ain't Nothin' Goin' On but the Rent", which is of course all about the need for a regular income. So at least he is keeping his sense of humour about things even though it means he is out of work again.

by Anonymousreply 3410/22/2020

I posted the link to the Instagram post in the wrong field, sorry about that, here it is again:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3510/22/2020

Finn went away with a group of friends to a house in upstate New York for the Halloween weekend (one of the group tagged a photo from the place they were staying as being near Ballston Lake). As of today he still seems to be out and about in nature somewhere, and posted a couple of shots of his friend Bashan on his stories earlier.

There has been some speculation that Bashan is also his boyfriend, so to take my mind off election anxiety, I decided to have a look on some of the Instagram accounts of their mutual friends for any clues. And surprisingly, what I found was that Bashan actually got married to a woman in July this year, a friend of Finn's called MJ Delaney (link to her Instagram post about it below). I remembered that Bashan and MJ had dated in the past, which is why I hadn't been as convinced as others on the Finn threads here that he and Finn were actually together, although I thought it was possible that he and MJ had split up and then he had got together with Finn later. But I think this does finally confirm that whoever Finn's secret lover is, it's not Bashan.

The feeling I had actually had in the past (such as this time last year when he was posting quite a few shots of Bashan in his stories) was that Finn posting about Bashan was not necessarily a sign that they were dating, but something he was doing to make another man jealous, most likely someone who didn't know Bashan and wasn't aware that he was actually with this woman MJ. I think if Bashan were seeing Finn secretly while only marrying MJ for the sake of public appearances, then Finn would be keeping it entirely under wraps and not even posting any hints about it on his social media.

I do think he has a secret boyfriend somewhere, especially given the things he was posting in June which hinted at him potentially coming out, but would now rule out Bashan as a candidate for whoever his lover is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3611/03/2020

Interesting choice of post on his Instagram stories earlier, a shot of some street art featuring two men holding hands, illustrated with Pride colours and a rainbow icon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3712/01/2020

He's been getting some good notices for his work in the new season of Dickinson. There's also a nice article from Decider which was recently posted online. Hope this role might lead to some new opportunities for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3801/25/2021

The camera loves him on Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 3902/14/2021

I hope he comes out this year

by Anonymousreply 40Last Tuesday at 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!