Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Finn Jones (Thread 2)

The first thread went subscriber only, so here is the sequel. Today he and Gwendoline Christie have been posting some nice memories of the filming of Game of Thrones on Instagram, including this behind the scenes photo from the making of the second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 2, 2022 2:41 AM

I’ve still never seen this show!

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2020 7:25 PM

Gwen's post with the same photo. She says in the caption that it was taken during the first few filming days of S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2020 7:55 PM

Before Brienne and Jaime's storylines became entwined, Gwendoline hung with Finn and Gethin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2020 8:11 PM

Gwen, Finn and Gethin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2020 8:12 PM

Thanks for the photos R3 and R4. Gwen and Finn and Gethin made a great trio.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2020 8:24 PM

Just noticed on Instagram that Gethin also liked both Finn and Gwen's Game of Thrones memories posts this week, which is sweet.

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2020 11:21 AM

Adorable. I love the photo (wish I could find it) of Gwen with her arm protectively around Gethin. It's like the embodiment of a modern GoT story with Brienne serving as Renly's bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2020 2:50 PM

So, any new sexuality details, other than hanging with Julian and Landon? Any recent pics with the cute (potential) boyfriend?

Any new life details other than his mild DJ career?

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2020 4:14 PM

Why did he become a DJ? Were the acting jobs drying up? I know he had a wicked addiction issue at one point. Supposedly. there was an intervention during the time he was working on Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2020 4:45 PM

He’s been DJing for the Love Games disco event at Good Room in Brooklyn for at least a year, I think, and he’s been an amateur DJ for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2020 5:36 PM

He has been really low-key since he returned to New York in June. Aside from the handful of DJ events he has done, I have struggled to find news. He has occasionally shown up in a couple of his platonic friends' Instagrams, but no other sightings, and it's been hard to find clues about his love life. I think the DJing is mainly for fun, if he were seriously pursuing it as an alternate career/source of income then I think he would have been booking many more gigs in the past couple of years, especially since Iron Fist was cancelled . But even before the pandemic he seemed content to undertake just a few things, mainly the regular Love Games slot and a few other one-off events. As R10 says he has been doing this in his spare time for years. Back in 2014 he and Kristian Nairn went on a tour of university venues in the UK, playing at student unions and club nights and so on. In contrast to Kristian though, who has travelled around the world a lot doing DJ work, Finn hasn't played nearly so frequently. But given that clubbing is going to be one of the most difficult things to completely reopen as long as the pandemic lasts, even if he did want to do more DJing work, he definitely needs another back-up plan in case his acting prospects fall through.

I would like to see him diversify a bit, maybe try his hand at producing something or initiating a project in some way. I was reading recently about Natalie Dormer creating a production company and signing a deal to develop projects, it would be great to see him be as proactive as that. Or maybe do some theatre once things begin to reopen on that front. I am surprised that despite living in two major theatre cities like London and NY, he has never done any, aside from the plays he was required to do while still at drama school. Going by recent reports, I don't think there is any chance that he will be recast as Iron Fist once Marvel get the rights back from Netflix so he needs to move on from that entirely. Financially he seems to be doing OK, in the sense that he can at least afford to live in his own place in NY without having to have a roommate, although I noticed he had to move and downsize a bit after the Marvel shows were axed, so his income must have taken a bit of a knock. In early June he began following his UK agent's private account, which made me wonder if he was contemplating coming back to the UK to get work here at some point, and he also tried out the business account mode on Instagram around that time, which also seemed to be a sign that he was thinking about how to position himself to get new work. But he loves living in New York so much that I doubt he would choose to leave unless things got really difficult. The problem for him is that there are less productions that film in NY, and if the pandemic continues to limit things even further, it might be hard for him to get roles without a major rethink of his work strategy. The bright side is that having been lucky enough to be on the opposite coast during the days when NY was the epicentre of the pandemic, it is at least now relatively safer there than in many other areas of the US, so I think he made the right choice to come back from LA when he did.

by Anonymousreply 11August 25, 2020 9:06 PM

Didn't he hook up with Gwen Christie when she was in New York City last fall? A DL'er saw them snogging during a Broadway performance of "Slave Play."

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2020 2:22 AM

R12, I remember reading those comments in one of the GoT gossip threads, the DLer said a friend of his had attended the same performance and saw them in the audience "making out" and "all over each other", but I wasn't sure what to make of them. It's true that they did go to see that play together, I remember being online that evening and saw Finn post a few things on his stories. First a shot of both their faces, which he deleted and then posted a shot of just their eyes and foreheads (but it was still clearly meant to be them), followed by an enthusiastic comment about the play a couple of hours later. He then deleted all of these from his stories before the usual 24 hour period was up, so that could have been a sign he was trying to hide it.

But then why post anything in the first place if he was on a night out with his secret friend-with-benefits, rather than someone who is just his platonic friend? And why risk being seen kissing in public, after already alerting his followers that they were there together, especially given that Gwen is officially supposed to be in a relationship with someone else? It might be that behind closed doors Gwen and Giles Deacon have an open relationship, or even that it is just a PR thing to help them in the fashion world, but as far as the public knows, they are an item, and it might damage her image if she was thought to be seeing someone else. Look at the way she made a point of being seen out with Giles after the blind items about her and Nikolaj were circulating earlier this year. It all seems like too much of a risk to take.

On the other hand, I can't think of a reason why the DLer's friend would make it up, given that past gossip was always about her and Nikolaj not her and Finn, and there isn't really anything to be gained by saying so. Maybe the friend genuinely thought they were being intimate but was mistaken when he thought they were making out, and they were just being affectionate in a platonic way? Or maybe they were play-acting at being a couple in order to have fun by shocking any observers at the theatre who had recognised them, and only later realised that this could begin some gossip, hence deleting all the IG story material early? I don't think it is impossible that they could be friends with benefits (although I would be surprised), I just think the context of Finn showing his IG followers that they were there together, and then kissing in such a public place while Gwen is supposed to have a boyfriend, makes it a bit unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2020 8:43 PM

Isn't he rumored to be a raging alcoholic? That could be why there aren't that many acting jobs or much news.

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2020 8:53 PM

No way there is anything between NCW and Christie except in the minds of deluded fraus.

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2020 9:01 PM

R14, I haven't heard about him being an alcoholic, he definitely drinks, but have not heard that it has become a problem for him. But I wouldn't know for sure. Where did you hear about the alcoholism? The rumour I did hear a few times was that he has/had issues with drugs. As R9 said there was gossip about people on GoT having to do an intervention with him. I remember the cast tea thread over on LSA had a few comments on this as well. He has been open in the past about having taken drugs at times (he talked about taking acid in an IG story last winter), but also very sensitive to suggestions that he uses them frequently (he did a recent IG live DJ session where one of the comments in the feed suggested he was high, and he added a comment to the feed saying he was not).

R15, I wasn't suggesting I believed the rumours about Gwen and NCW, just that she seemed keen to make it clear there was nothing in them by emphasising that she was still with Giles (hence why I find it hard to believe she would be openly hooking up with Finn or anyone else in the way that was claimed, she obviously wants to preserve the image of her and Deacon as a couple).

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2020 9:07 PM

Deacon was with her in that NYC trip last fall although obviously, he didn't attend "Slave Play" with Gwen and Finn. Clearly, they went on their own but Deacon was most definitely in NYC during that time.

I think it's an open relationship rumored to be as such. I wouldn't doubt if Gwen and Finn are friends with benefits, even if it's occasional. But then again, who makes out during a Broadway show--especially if you're recognizable from a monster TV hit show that ended? Nobody.

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2020 9:52 PM

Agreed R17. Even if they are friends with benefits behind closed doors, it's hard to believe they would be openly making out in the middle of a theatre audience.

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2020 1:57 PM

R18 You’d think, right? I remember someone commented on one of her IG posts that they’d seen her making out with her ‘hot’ man at that play as well. The comment is probably still there. Giles is many things, but he’s not hot. Nor was there any sign he was with Finn and Gwen that night. Like most actors, they’re both bi.

I don’t get why anybody has a hard time imagining that Gwen would cop off with co-stars in public. There are literally pictures out there of her snogging Alfie Allen and with Charles Dance all over her. When she was in a ‘relationship’ too. There’s absolutely zero doubt that her and Nikolaj were ‘close’ as well. They were always being seen out together on their own. She might not be a 10 by conventional standards, but since when has that ever stopped a guy who wants to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2020 2:46 PM

R16 I think she wanted to protect NCW's marriage rather than her own relationship.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2020 3:00 PM

I doubt she staged those photo ops to save NCW's marriage. That was probably furthest from her mind. No, this was all to do with preserving the PR image of her and Deacon as some kind of chic, fashionista London power couple (and to dispel any notions she was a homewrecker).

by Anonymousreply 21August 31, 2020 9:53 PM

Finn hasn't been very active on Instagram recently but I did notice that a few days ago that he suddenly deleted a post he had originally made back in April this year, in which he had talked enthusiastically about Quibi, the platform that is producing his latest show. He didn't delete any other posts, just that one. Maybe a sign that the future of his show is in trouble and he has been given notice of this? Maybe Quibi are considering not resuming filming and just making do with the footage that they have, meaning no additional work for him, or even cutting their losses and cancelling the show altogether without broadcasting anything that was filmed before. Or maybe that the platform itself is unlikely to last long enough to broadcast it even if they wanted to? I have read a few articles about how it has struggled to take off, and it's hard to imagine that's going to improve much in the near future, given all the problems with producing new content while filming is currently restricted in the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2020 3:37 PM

I read recently that Quibi is in trouble financially. I'm guessing the pandemic doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2020 3:39 PM

Only a woman would think NCW hooked up with Gwendoline Christie. Wishful frau thinking: She’s homely but snagged him, so I have a chance too!

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2020 3:45 PM

R24 I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand that normal rules don’t apply with European men. Nikolaj’s wife’s not exactly a catch. Besides, I don’t know if he smokes, but his looks are fading fast. Not exactly the best man for L’Oreal skincare ads.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2020 7:27 PM

Finally some news after a few very quiet weeks. He has acting work again, he posted a shot on his stories earlier today of a view from a plane, with a 'back to work' sign in the background, and a dancing banana emoji. A few hours before that he also posted a link to a song about Hollywood, so I would guess that the project will be filming in LA. No idea what it might be, or if it's a film or a TV show. I think it is probably something new though, I would be surprised if Swimming with Sharks was resuming, because there hasn't been any activity suggesting that on the accounts of others involved in the show, as well as what was mentioned before about him deleting the post about Quibi a few weeks ago. Actors usually have to sign a NDA these days so I doubt he will be able to confirm anything until there is an official press release.

He was especially quiet on Instagram this past week, so he may have been having Zoom meetings and/or auditions during that time. I also noticed that while he was posting very little, he unfollowed a large number of accounts last week, almost 40 in one day. So maybe a sign that he was trying to tidy up his online profile in the service of getting new work. Last month he also seems to have opted out of having photos he has been tagged in appear on his profile. People can still tag him, it just won't show up when you click on the relevant tab on own his page, the most recent to show up there was from early August, so he seems to have opted out after this point.

Anyway, glad he finally has a new role again, hope the pandemic won't lead to this project being put on hold as well. And while I had wondered if he was considering returning to the UK during the summer, it's probably for the best that he didn't, as cases have been rising again here and it is looking possible there will be another lockdown in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2020 6:52 PM

Yeah, this is good to hear!

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2020 12:52 PM

As it turns out, I was wrong about Swimming with Sharks, they are returning to filming after all. The show's writer Kathleen Robertson posted on Instagram today about it and mentioned Finn in the caption. I think they had only completed about a month of filming before lockdown in March, but as the episodes are only 10 minutes long each, they may not take too long to complete the rest of the season. I would guess that filming will wrap within a couple of months at most (unless restrictions on filming are brought back in LA before then).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2020 7:47 PM

New post on his Instagram today about filming resuming on Swimming with Sharks.

Also, there is a behind the scenes book about Game of Thrones coming out next week, by James Hibberd, which seems like it will be mostly written in an oral history style featuring quotes from many of the cast and crew. If anyone gets hold of a copy and finds any quotes from or about Finn in it, please feel free to share on this thread. I am away most of next week so I won't get a chance to have a look at the book until next weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2020 6:56 PM

He posted that the second season of Dickinson will premiere on January 8. It has also been recommissioned for a third season. The man he plays was a lifelong friend of Emily so I think there is a good chance he will also be in S3. He was also in a video with other members of the cast encouraging people to get out and vote in the election, which he posted on his Instagram.

I also had a look at the Hibberd book, but there is nothing new from or about Finn in there, just the same quotes that were in an interview he gave to Hibberd after his last GoT episode in 2016, including saying that he was only told that Loras was being killed off the night before the read-through for the S6 finale. That was interesting because I've read that the actors who played the other Tyrells were informed much earlier about what was going to happen to their characters. Natalie Dormer said she was told several months before getting the S6 scripts, and the actor who played Loras and Margaery's father said he was told around March/April of 2015, while the episode read-throughs didn't take place until July of that year. I wonder why they didn't tell Finn until much nearer the time.

by Anonymousreply 30October 11, 2020 6:31 PM

Poor casting as Lancel. This generic ginger is supposed to be the most beautiful man in Westeros.

by Anonymousreply 31October 11, 2020 6:38 PM

Lancel looked like Little Red Riding Hood in that episode where King Robert is killed by a boar. That still makes me chuckle to this day.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 12:57 AM

Quibi is now officially shutting down. It's not clear yet what this means for Finn's show, whether the end of the platform means the end of Swimming with Sharks too, or if they will still be able to at least finish the rest of filming, and then be allowed to shop the project to other platforms. Diane Kruger posted a photo of herself on set on Instagram yesterday before the news was announced, so production clearly hadn't finished yet. The showrunner hasn't posted anything on Instagram one way or the other since the news, so maybe they are currently in negotiations about what they can do with what they have.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2020 1:22 PM

The showrunner just made a post saying today was their last day of filming, but talks about finding a new home for it, so she seems confident they have enough footage to put together into a coherent show. Finn also posted on his stories today, he didn't refer directly to the news, but posted a screenshot of Gwen Guthrie's song "Ain't Nothin' Goin' On but the Rent", which is of course all about the need for a regular income. So at least he is keeping his sense of humour about things even though it means he is out of work again.

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2020 10:56 PM

I posted the link to the Instagram post in the wrong field, sorry about that, here it is again:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Finn went away with a group of friends to a house in upstate New York for the Halloween weekend (one of the group tagged a photo from the place they were staying as being near Ballston Lake). As of today he still seems to be out and about in nature somewhere, and posted a couple of shots of his friend Bashan on his stories earlier.

There has been some speculation that Bashan is also his boyfriend, so to take my mind off election anxiety, I decided to have a look on some of the Instagram accounts of their mutual friends for any clues. And surprisingly, what I found was that Bashan actually got married to a woman in July this year, a friend of Finn's called MJ Delaney (link to her Instagram post about it below). I remembered that Bashan and MJ had dated in the past, which is why I hadn't been as convinced as others on the Finn threads here that he and Finn were actually together, although I thought it was possible that he and MJ had split up and then he had got together with Finn later. But I think this does finally confirm that whoever Finn's secret lover is, it's not Bashan.

The feeling I had actually had in the past (such as this time last year when he was posting quite a few shots of Bashan in his stories) was that Finn posting about Bashan was not necessarily a sign that they were dating, but something he was doing to make another man jealous, most likely someone who didn't know Bashan and wasn't aware that he was actually with this woman MJ. I think if Bashan were seeing Finn secretly while only marrying MJ for the sake of public appearances, then Finn would be keeping it entirely under wraps and not even posting any hints about it on his social media.

I do think he has a secret boyfriend somewhere, especially given the things he was posting in June which hinted at him potentially coming out, but would now rule out Bashan as a candidate for whoever his lover is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 3, 2020 8:29 PM

Interesting choice of post on his Instagram stories earlier, a shot of some street art featuring two men holding hands, illustrated with Pride colours and a rainbow icon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2020 3:19 AM

He's been getting some good notices for his work in the new season of Dickinson. There's also a nice article from Decider which was recently posted online. Hope this role might lead to some new opportunities for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2021 12:49 AM

The camera loves him on Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 39February 15, 2021 1:50 AM

I hope he comes out this year

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2021 11:46 AM

A couple of interesting things recently. He did some press (via Zoom and phone) for Dickinson in early February, and in an interview for Screen Rant, he and one of his co-stars was asked the following, in relation to the 19th century costumes they had to wear on the show:

Interviewer (Zak Wojnar): You didn't have any girlfriends or anything who wanted you to wear your costume home?

Finn Jones: (Laughs)

Pico Alexander: No... Zak... We're not all so lucky.

Finn Jones: We only have cats, and the cats aren't interested.

So basically confirming he definitely does not have a girlfriend. If he was dating a woman but didn't live with her (and so wouldn't be bringing the costume home to her), he would have made that clear when he answered

It does seem though that there is someone he is romantically involved with in his life, because of a recent trip he made: in mid February, he began driving across the US, notionally claiming to be going to California, and posting brief shots daily as he drove across the various states from east to west. However, when he got to New Mexico, he spent several days just driving around there and posting love songs on his IG stories, rather than proceeding on to California, as if there was something keeping him in New Mexico itself. Then there was a sudden absence for a couple of days and he returned to post links to songs about suddenly being without your love. Since then he has gone on to meet up with Oona Chaplin and a few friends at one of her new age communal sites elsewhere in that state, but he and Oona are definitely platonic so I am sure this is not about her (or any of the other people there). So maybe his trip was primarily to see a lover in New Mexico, who then had to leave earlier than Finn expected/wanted, and Finn headed off to seek company with an old friend to take his mind off things. And given that he seemed to rule out having a girlfriend in his interviews, I think there is a good chance this lover was a man. Curious to see if he does go on to California from here after all. He often meets up with Landon and Julian when he does so it might be worth checking their Instagrams over the next few weeks.

I also noticed earlier this year that Bashan (his friend who some speculated was his glass closet boyfriend) has now had a baby with Finn's other friend MJ Delaney, so I think that is further evidence that he and Bashan are not together and probably never were in the past either. Bashan also lives in NY so it must be someone different he was seeing in New Mexico. Maybe an actor friend who was working there briefly? It might also explain why they weren't there long, judging by Finn's reaction.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2021 9:29 PM

Is that picture some version of Civil War reenactment that they do in Ireland?

by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2021 9:32 PM

He has also posted a couple of times on his stories this past week about "new beginnings." Not sure if this is in terms of work, where he is living, his love life, or something different. But the phrase keeps coming up, so it seems like he is dealing with some kind of changes in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2021 1:18 AM

He used to have a Mexican friend from Las Cruzes.

by Anonymousreply 44March 7, 2021 9:36 AM

Interesting R44, I didn't know that.

by Anonymousreply 45March 7, 2021 12:10 PM

So in the last few weeks he has continued his trip across the US and also worked on a new film. After his visit to Oona Chaplin and friends at the retreat, he did some filming on a movie which, judging by some recent followers including a producer who Instagrammed some stories of him, is "Canyon Del Muerto", a period drama about the archaeologist Ann Axtel Morris. No clue on exactly which character he is playing, but there were some shots of him in period costume near the model of a plane in the desert of New Mexico, so maybe a pilot? This is the only time he has seemed to be filming in recent months though, and the film actually began shooting in late 2020, so I would guess that whoever he is playing, it is not a major role. Still glad to see him working at all though.

Since leaving New Mexico he has continued travelling but didn't go directly to the west coast, he went round Arizona and Utah and Nevada before coming to California and gradually making his way to LA, via visits to Big Sur and elsewhere. Late on his birthday he posted a couple of shots on his story from LA, first of Venice Beach, then a shot looking across LA from what looks like (going by the decor) the terrace of Soho House LA.

Julian Morris also posted some birthday wishes for Finn and said "can't wait to see you soon", so they will obviously be meeting up in due course. Julian also posted some revealing shots of them both along with Landon Ross on his IG story (there are some links over in the Julian Morris thread).

Incidentally, this is the first time since I began following Finn (which was in 2015) where he has celebrated his birthday without mentioning it at all in either a post or a story on social media. It was his 33rd birthday this year so maybe he is now feeling his age a bit more? Or maybe he is just more conscious of it being an actor, and especially being in LA which is so youth-focused, he doesn't want to draw attention to it in case it affects any opportunities he might get.

From the brief shots he has shown of himself on his stories recently though, he is looking good - his hair has grown out and looks more like it used to during his Loras Tyrell era, but darker than the blonde of those days. I think it suits him a lot more than the shorter hair. Hope he will keep it this way for at least a bit longer.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2021 8:56 PM

R46, here's the photo Julian posted:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2021 11:37 AM

He is now back in New York following his cross country trip. He drove back from California in a similar way to the trip there, making various stops along the way in Arizona and Texas and elsewhere and sharing some photos of the scenery. I would say he was in LA for about five weeks altogether (he arrived on his birthday on March 24 and seemed to be back on the road by the end of April).

During his time in LA, there were also a couple of weeks in early to mid April where he was posting lots of love songs and other romantic things on his stories, along with a few things suggesting he was impatient for time to go by quickly for some reason. One of them was a screenshot saying he could feel warm summer nights on the horizon along with a song title "I'm in Love". He also posted that Arcade Fire song "We Exist", which is about coming out, multiple times during this trip. So altogether, I got the sense he might be have been waiting in LA for his lover (whoever he is) to arrive in town, and was impatient for that to happen. Then in late April there was a sudden stop of posts and next time he posted at the end of the month, he was back on the road and heading back to NY again. So maybe his boyfriend was briefly in town (hence Finn's posts temporarily drying up, which would make sense if they were getting to see each other in person) and then once he had to go, Finn also decided to return to NY. This is just speculation though.

He was also on a friend's podcast recently (which seems to have been recorded remotely while he was in LA and his friend was in London) and said a few notable things. In terms of work, he mentioned that the character he is playing in Canyon del Muerto is the aviator Charles Lindbergh (who made the first solo transatlantic flight). He also said that when he was cast in Iron Fist in early 2016, that he came to LA for auditions with his friend/manager Laurence and that they shared a house there with Gethin (who was in LA at the time to film Aquarius). He also discussed Game of Thrones in general and was very positive about it all. The only downside he mentioned was that he didn't earn that much money (Richard Madden has also mentioned that the show did not pay the actors very much, at least in the earlier seasons) and needed to do conventions in order to support himself, but he enjoyed the conventions a lot so it felt like a good way to make an income.

Something else I thought might be notable was that, in contrast to the past when he would sometimes try to draw attention to having had girlfriends before, in this interview he was no longer highlighting that he has dated women in the past. He mentioned that when he was cast in Iron Fist in 2016, he was "in a relationship" but doesn't say it was a girlfriend or with a woman, just that this status of being in a relationship changed after he moved to the US (this was his ex Maya who he broke up with after he moved to NY). Likewise, when he talks about his time in LA during the first wave of the pandemic, he says nothing about the female photographer he was seeing casually for a while back then, and doesn't even mention anything about a relationship during that time in LA at all. It's not a major thing, but thought it might indicate he was getting more comfortable with himself. In contrast, I remember reading an interview with him back in 2017 in which he mentioned multiple times having had a girlfriend he had broken up with the year before, whereas now he doesn't feel the need to mention women at all in that way.

by Anonymousreply 48May 16, 2021 8:55 PM

His post wishing people a happy Pride on his stories yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2021 11:26 AM

He was at Fire Island a few days ago. I think that speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 50July 8, 2021 12:25 PM

He’s gay?

by Anonymousreply 51July 8, 2021 12:42 PM

R31 both the character of Lancel as well as the actor who played him, Eugene Simon, are blond. King Robert even comments on Lancel’s blond hair in one episode. The Lannisters are known for their “golden” hair - golden meaning yellow (blond), not red.

Lancel isn’t the most handsome guy in Westeros. He’s handsome but a poor copy of his cousin Jaime, as Tyrion observes.

by Anonymousreply 52July 8, 2021 12:46 PM

(R51) that’s what most people think. He’s a glass closest situation.

by Anonymousreply 53July 9, 2021 10:16 AM

How do people know he’s gay besides hanging out with a gay couple?

by Anonymousreply 54July 9, 2021 10:40 AM

R54, it's not known for sure, I personally think he is bisexual rather than exclusively gay - he has had girlfriends in the past, including a relatively serious relationship in the year and a half before he moved to NY to film the Marvel shows (after which he broke up with her). That said, that relationship was over 5 years ago now, and since then the only woman he has been seen publically with was a photographer in LA who he hooked up with a few times in 2019 and 2020. And while I do think they were genuinely dating (Julian and Landon both posted photos on their accounts showing Finn and this woman looking like a couple on a few occasions), I also think it was not a serious thing for him, and that he was most likely only showcasing it on his Instagram in order to make someone else jealous (most likely a man, as he also kept posting a number of songs about coming out during periods when he wasn't seeing this woman). This is just my speculation, I don't have any proof of this, but I think he may have had few of these casual female friends-with-benefits who he checks in with from time to time, but that his most serious relationship during this period has been with a man, and that's the reason why he hasn't had a serious girlfriend in years - his serious relationship is actually behind closed doors with another guy (I get the sense he may not even be out to his close friends). But if you are asking, is there any definitive evidence of him dating guys, such as sightings of him getting romantic/sexual, as far as I know there isn't (but if anyone knows more then please post about it). One guy called Bashan who many on DL thought was his boyfriend (he showed up in a few photos and videos on Finn's Instagram), I am now sure isn't his lover - he has been dating a female friend of Finn's for years, and they married and had a kid last year. I think the material which made people think they were together (such as them going on a weekend trip together a couple of years ago) may have been another example of Finn exaggerating a situation in order to make someone jealous. But I do think there has been at least one man in his life who he has been romantically involved with over the years; if he were just straight then you would expect him to have had more serious relationships with women in the past half decade.

by Anonymousreply 55July 16, 2021 9:17 PM

Thank you for all these updates, R55 etc. I really appreciate being able to read it all in one place. I lost track of this thread (the first one actually) for some reason but continue to be curious about Finn. I also love the fact the he and Gethin shared a house for a while there. Thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 56July 16, 2021 10:05 PM

You're welcome R56. Glad you found this second thread. The first thread went subscriber only so I thought I would begin a new one here.

by Anonymousreply 57July 16, 2021 10:16 PM

Finn and Gethin shared a house?? I missed this. Please share details.

by Anonymousreply 58July 16, 2021 10:38 PM

R58, they shared a house in LA in early 2016 (January to February) along with their mutual friend Laurence. Gethin was in LA at the time filming the second season of Aquarius, and after Finn finished his last season on Game of Thrones in November 2015 he came to LA in January to audition for new roles, and then got cast in Iron Fist while he was there. I didn't know this at the time (Laurence posted a photo of them all at a Golden Globes after party, so I knew he and Finn had met up with Gethin, but not that they were all living together as well). Finn only mentioned it relatively recently when he was being interviewed on another friend's podcast in April this year and talked about the period which led up to him being cast in the Marvel shows. I think they may also have shared a house in LA for a while in early 2019 when they were both there for pilot season again, after Finn's show got cancelled in 2018, but that's just the impression I got, I don't know this for sure.

by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2021 9:39 PM

Not R58, but thanks for the details, R59!

by Anonymousreply 60July 18, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]the only woman he has been seen publically with was a photographer in LA who he hooked up with a few times in 2019 and 2020. And while I do think they were genuinely dating (Julian and Landon both posted photos on their accounts showing Finn and this woman looking like a couple on a few occasions)

R55, do you mean Lili, the mutual friend of Julian & Landon and Finn? I got the sense she was a faghag (or maybe a lesbian). I didn't get the sense that she & Finn were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2021 10:25 AM

Sooooo, based on his IG stories, Finn is at the explicitly gay Paradise Garage event. Is he there as a DJ, or…

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2021 6:07 PM

Anyone know if Finn and Gethin are still friends?

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2021 11:55 PM

R62, that seems like another clue that Finn is gay.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2021 9:39 AM

R61, yes that's her. I wouldn't say they were ever a couple formally, but I do think they dated a couple of times, although only for brief periods. When LA was in lockdown during the first wave of the pandemic, I remember her posting some romantic things on her IG stories which seemed heavily related to him, and she was also round at his house constantly during this time. But I don't think it was a serious thing for him at all: as soon as NY opened up again in June 2020, he couldn't get out of LA fast enough, and clearly had no problem leaving her behind. And when he was back in LA in March-April this year, I saw no sign on either of their Instagrams (or on Julian or Landon's) that he had even met up with her at all this time, even though she still lives in the city. So it's definitely 100% over now, on both sides.

R63, yes he and Gethin are still friends. On the podcast he was on in April this year, when he mentions that he and Laurence shared a house with Gethin for a while, he refers to him as "Gethin, a friend of ours, who was also on Game of Thrones." I'm not sure when they last saw each other in person, probably before the pandemic began as I don't think Finn has left the US since then, and as far as I know Gethin hasn't had any work in the US during this period, so I don't think they have had the chance to meet up for a while. But Laurence often posts group shots on his Instagram when they all get together, so hopefully once things get closer to normal they will all have some kind of reunion, and hopefully some photos of it will end up on social media somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2021 9:48 PM

What's the truth of Finn's relationship with Gwen Christie? Are they just pals or pals who sometimes hook up?

by Anonymousreply 66July 24, 2021 2:41 AM

R66, it's unclear. I had always thought just friends - close but completely platonic. However, in October 2019 there was a post on another thread which claimed a friend of the poster had seen them making out in the audience at a performance of a play in New York. Quotes from that post and the next couple of comments afterwards:

"Moving back to actual gossip about the cast, a friend got tickets to see Slave Play on Broadway a couple of weeks ago and was sitting near Gwendoline Christie and Finn Jones, who were making out during the performance. Not gonna lie, I was kinda shocked. I was convinced he was in the glass closet. Maybe he’s bi? Also, WTF is the deal with Gwendoline’s relationship? Is she bearding, or is it just wide open? "

reply 240 10/30/2019

"[R240] do people really make out at Broadway shows? that's tacky"

reply 241 10/30/2019

"[R241] I guess that’s why my friend mentioned it. Nobody gives a crap about seeing actors in New York, but seeing two people from GoT all over each other during a play was noteworthy. "

reply 242 10/30/2019

I don't know how to link directly to the post, but if you click on the link to the thread below, and scroll down to reply 240, you can read the original comments from there on.

I do remember being online at the time when he was attending that show with Gwen, and he did actually post a few things which he quickly deleted. The first was a clear shot of both their faces, which he deleted shortly afterwards and replaced with a shot of just the upper half of their faces. Then there was a shot praising the play they were seeing. He ended up deleting both of those as well, and several hours before the usual 24 hours that stories can last for.

On the one hand, if they were friends-with-benefits, would they take the risk of being seen kissing in public when Gwen was and is dating someone else (Giles Deacon)? There has always been speculation that she and Deacon have an open relationship, but as neither have said this publicly (obviously), I would imagine they would be discreet about any side relationships they might have, whereas kissing your FWB in the middle of a theatre audience is the opposite of that approach. On the other hand, I can't see any reason for someone to just make up a story about seeing them making out, and Finn deleting early all the things showing they had been out together that evening is curious. That said, this is the first and only time I've heard gossip about Finn and Gwen being more than friends, and they've known each other for more than ten years now. So I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 25, 2021 1:20 PM

I'm guessing she asked him to delete those pics. Maybe she didn't want her bf to see. But then why would he care if he thinks they're just friends? But then why would he care if they're supposedly in an open relationship? Or maybe Finn showed Gwen the pics and she didn't like the way she looked in them and asked him to delete. It is odd.

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2021 12:17 AM

I still think he’s gay. For me it was him recently being at fire island as the confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2021 10:36 AM

R69, I am sure he is interested in men, but I think him being bi is also a possibility and that he might be interested in women as well as guys. Having said that, I would be very surprised if he ended up with a woman, I think it's much more likely he will settle down with a guy once he reaches that stage of his life in the future.

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2021 8:36 PM

He's back in the UK: he made a post last Wednesday on Instagram which was location tagged from London, and his friend Laurence later posted a photo on IG stories showing a meet-up there between him, Finn, Alfie Allen, Daniel Portman and Iwan Rheon (see image in the link). The UK recently removed the requirement for double vaccinated people travelling from the US to quarantine on arrival, so it makes sense that he is finally able to make a visit home (and also implies he has already had both shots of the vaccine by now). I don't think he will be in the UK for more than a couple of weeks though, as his DJ collective is playing at an event on 3 September in New York, and he recently followed the account of the venue they will be playing at, so it looks like he will go back to NY for that. It's nice that he's been able to go back home to London for a while though. Hopefully some more shots of him meeting up with friends will turn up on social media sooner or later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2021 10:09 PM

A better quality version of the reunion photo with Laurence/Alfie/Daniel/Iwan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 27, 2021 8:29 PM

He is back in New York again, he posted a couple of things on his Instagram stories today and yesterday from there. Going by a few of the accounts he most recently followed, I think he may have been back for several days already, so he was probably only in the UK for a week or so.

I also wanted to say that unfortunately I've reached the stage where I feel I won't be able to continue making updates about Finn the way I have been doing on this thread and on the earlier one. I do appreciate the comments from people thanking me for the updates, and I'm sorry not to be able to keep it up. One of the reasons is that he has become less and less active, both in terms of his career and in terms of social media, and it feels increasingly harder to find any concrete news about him from anywhere. Also because after he finally got back to the UK after everything that's happened with Covid in the last year and a half, only to come back again to NY so quickly, makes me think that he isn't planning on making the changes he seemed to hint at last year, but is going to continue things in NY indefinitely.

I don't blame him for any of this, I get that it's a combination of the pandemic and also that, like many people as they go through their 30s, he's becoming more private in terms of the way he uses social media. When I first began following him in 2015, he was very active on both Instagram and Twitter and also posted on Tumblr from time to time. Since then he has deleted both his Twitter and his Tumblr and posts much less often on Instagram, and when he does it is usually just temporarily on stories, not on the grid. And many of the stories are just song titles, and it's hard to know if he's trying to send out any kind of message, or just posting about music he enjoys, so I feel like I end up reading too much into things in the absence of any actual news.

He is DJing at an event in NY on 4 September, so if anyone wants to check their social media for posts or videos nearer the time, their Instagram handle is @lovegamesnyc. I'm not saying that I'll never post anything about Finn again, just that I can't keep the old updates ongoing in the way I used to. I wish everyone well, and hope for good news about him again in the future.

by Anonymousreply 73August 27, 2021 9:33 PM

Thank you again for all the updates, R73! It's completely understandable that you don't feel like there is enough info to keep posting updates etc., don't worry. Take care and I wish you well as well!

by Anonymousreply 74August 27, 2021 9:39 PM

You're welcome R74! Thanks so much for your kind words. Likewise, take care of yourself, and I wish you well too.

by Anonymousreply 75August 27, 2021 10:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2021 8:32 PM

I was posting about the model RJ King being on holiday in Mexico with other models including Gabriele Esposito, then saw this on Esposito's instagram...it is Finn isn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 2, 2022 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!