Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Game of Thrones cast gossip

We're two weeks away from the premiere. Any salacious tidbits on the cast that you'd like to share? Yes, I know that there was another thread, but thanks to the new search engine, I can't find it.

I've heard that Rose Leslie has MS and Jack Gleeson never wants to act again, any verification?

by Anonymousreply 413January 17, 2020 8:58 PM

I have not heard that about Rose Leslie. Gleason did quit acting to focus on school (think he’s going for a doctorate), people have said this is due to people being unable to separate him from Joffrey but he was saying GOT would be his last role since season 1

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2019 10:10 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2019 10:12 PM

Rose Leslie does not have MS. She fundraisers for it, the same way Roger Daltrey fundraises for teen cancer yet is not a teen with cancer; , Orlando bloom fundraises for Ebola care but does not have Ebola , and Ed Sheehan fundraises for homelessness, though he’s not homeless,

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2019 11:57 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2019 1:49 AM

Does anyone know why Alfie Allen split from the mother of his daughter last year? Was there someone else involved? I know he has been recently dating an artist but I think he has only known her a few months. He and his ex seemed happy and still together when the child was born, but then it seemed to suddenly break down just a couple of weeks later. He also temporarily turned off comments on his Instagram around that time. She had been living in London with him but has now moved back to LA with the baby. Anyone heard any more about what happened?

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 12:02 AM

Jack Gleeson did say after he finished on GoT in 2014 that he didn't want to act again. Since then though he has done some theatre in 2015 and 2016 with his own theatre company, and around that time he said that him retiring from acting wasn't as definitive as it had been made to seem. But he hasn't done anything onscreen since GoT and as far as I could find he hasn't acted on stage since the 2015-16 show. He is still listed as a member of the company (it is called Collapsing Horse) but in their most recent production his involvement was described as being as "dramaturg" and he didn't act in it. He still goes to GoT related conventions though and seems happy to talk about the show when asked.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Was there any consensus on who this 2017 blind item was referencing, about a secret couple in the GoT cast? All the item made clear was that it was not Nikolaj and Lena, and also not Kit and Rose who were public by then (and who the blind item seems to be shading with the comment "Unlike that GOT couple who have used their relationship to promote the series"). The comments on the article at the time seemed split between lots of different possibilities (in contrast to some of the site's other blinds where it is often very obvious who an item is about, and the majority of comments zone in on it very quickly). Any guesses here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2019 11:19 PM

Any personal life gossip on David Benioff or DB Weiss, and which cast members they did/didn't get on with?

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2019 11:12 PM

I’m surprised there’s been no mention of how wrecked Nikolaj was at the Emmys yet. Him eating an ice cream in the press room and casually taking the piss out of Weiss and Benioff was hysterical. Also saw a clip of him immediately turning to Gwendoline after GoT won instead of his wife after moving seats so he could sit near her. Was never entirely convinced by the rumours about those two, but Nikolaj was all over her like a rash the other night. They’ve either fucked in the past, are still fucking or he really wants to fuck her.

Anyone know if Kit fell off the wagon at the after party?

by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2019 9:03 PM

I thought that Kit didn't go to the after party.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2019 9:21 PM

I’ve always had my suspicions that Sophie didn’t get along with the rest of the cast, but last night kind of confirmed it for me. Clinging to Maisie and Conleth while avoiding everyone else. What’s up with that, why is there such bad blood between Sophie and the rest, and why is she so close to Maisie/Conleth?

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2019 9:31 PM

Also, why was Dinklage so misanthropic at the Emmys? At the press conference they gave after, he seemed completely hammered.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2019 9:34 PM

Hodor!

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2019 3:22 AM

Bran Stark was almost caught doing the Walk of Shame out of Cersei Lannister’s chambers.

But the guards had to drag him out instead.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2019 3:25 AM

[quote]I’ve always had my suspicions that Sophie didn’t get along with the rest of the cast, but last night kind of confirmed it for me. Clinging to Maisie and Conleth while avoiding everyone else. What’s up with that, why is there such bad blood between Sophie and the rest, and why is she so close to Maisie/Conleth

I'm not sure of her relationship with the cast as a whole, but Sophie gets along with Kit and Alfie. There's a video of she and Kit greeting each other at the Emmys.

As for being close to Maisie, they're a year apart in age. What other female her age did she have to interact with when she began the show? It lucked out that they got on and became best friends.

[quote]Also, why was Dinklage so misanthropic at the Emmys?

He always comes across as a grumpy bastard to me.

[quote]I thought that Kit didn't go to the after party

Reportedly, Emilia and Peter Dinklage went to the Netflix afterparty, but not HBO's.

[quote]Anyone know if Kit fell off the wagon at the after party?

Someone posted an Instagram story of him dancing. I can't see him dancing without booze in him.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2019 6:03 AM

There’s no way Nikolaj was just drunk. He looked high as fuck. No wonder he got the munchies in the press room. If he’s fucking Gwen, then good for her. I know people who’ve worked with her partner, Giles, and he’s a moody fucker, who apparently told her to stick to what she’s good at, i.e. modelling. If Gwen is tapping that fine piece of Danish ass, I can’t say I blame her. At least he’s always been openly supportive of her acting career.

The problem with Peter wasn’t that he looked so miserable. It’s that people let him go onstage to accept an Emmy looking like he was wearing a merkin on his face.

Emilia let it slip that there was a cast party the night before the Emmys. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2019 2:19 AM

[quote]Someone posted an Instagram story of him dancing. I can't see him dancing without booze in him.

And you and Kit go way back, huh? What a strange assumption to make about someone you've never met. Seems like a few people here are really invested in Kit being messy again. Maybe the guy's turned a corner. He looked fantastic, so whatever he's doing, hope he keeps it up.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2019 12:57 AM

Late to this one, but did it not seem like NCW moving to sit next to Gwen was a complete PR stunt? Like “look at us and our partners, totally getting along, because we’re totally not fucking one another, and make sure you get pictures of it”. Fucking LMAO. Gwen looked so uncomfortable, Giles looked angry and NCW’s wife made it a point to be all over him with the pda so there would be photographic proof. You people aren’t fooling anyone. Also agree that Nikolaj was probably stoned out of his mind.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2019 1:37 PM

Speaking of PR, I’m absolutely howling at this Architectural Digest video. Nikolaj’s new LA house is really nothing special, and is clearly a bachelor pad. His wife didn’t even have any input on choosing the property. Also, crying with laughter at the Brienne doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2019 9:00 PM

Gwendoline has a Jaime doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2019 1:41 AM

I like NCW, I hope he and his wife have a happy marriage. And if not, then I hope he leaves her to be with Gwen. He seems like such a sweet and great guy, I just want him to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2019 2:11 AM

Speaking of Nikolaj, there was an Emmys blind item that was clearly about him in which a nominated foreign born actor from a major hit show that just ended was acting at a pre-Emmys party that he wished his actress wife had stayed home so he could bask in the spotlight and hit on women. It didn't fit with Jared Harris whose wife is not an actress and Kit's wife wasn't there. Nikolaj's wife is an actress.

"There’s no way Nikolaj was just drunk. He looked high as fuck. No wonder he got the munchies in the press room. If he’s fucking Gwen, then good for her. I know people who’ve worked with her partner, Giles, and he’s a moody fucker, who apparently told her to stick to what she’s good at, i.e. modelling. If Gwen is tapping that fine piece of Danish ass, I can’t say I blame her. At least he’s always been openly supportive of her acting career."

Did he really tell her to stick to modeling? About GC's bf, does he ever smile? He always wears the same dour expression.

Why was Nikolaj dressed like a Vegas lounge lizard?

Speaking of GC, why was she dressed like the Pope?

What was the beautiful Carice Van Houten wearing?

Usually, the cast always dressed very well at previous Emmys--very dignified and classy. This year, that was not the case. I can't believe how horribly most of them were dressed. Kit, Maisie, Sophie (even in her prom queen wear) and maybe Alfie were the exceptions. Horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2019 10:06 PM

Did GC's partner design that sheer dress she wore at the premiere for "David Copperfield?" I thought it was really beautiful and then I saw at closer view, it was sheer except for the leafy design. Wow. Very risque.

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2019 10:12 PM

There was also an Emmys blind item about an actress from "Game of Thrones" who was making out with one of the married producers. Some people thought it referred to Sophie Turner and Weiss who were seen getting cozy together at an after awards party.

And, of course, there were a few obvious Emilia/Kit Emmys blind item. What is the deal with them? Is he still married to Rose Leslie (Ygritte)? And Emilia is very good friends with her?

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2019 10:16 PM

Dan Weiss has called Sophie one of his favorite people in the world. He watched her grow up. I seriously doubt they're having an affair, and its kind of disturbing people would think it's about them. I don't believe most of those Emmys blinds, anyway.

[quote]What is the deal with them? Is he still married to Rose Leslie (Ygritte)? And Emilia is very good friends with her?

Harington and Emilia Clarke have blinds about them every time there's an awards show they are both at where they hang all over each other. They're obviously very close, but there's a faction of crazy women who want them to be in a romantic relationship and will send in a slew of blinds suggesting they're having an affair every chance they can. It's super creepy.

Yes, he's still married to Leslie, but we'll see how long that lasts. He's currently on a set with Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, and Gemma Chan. Let's see if he can keep his dick in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2019 12:45 AM

R25 And also Richard Madden.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2019 2:29 AM

I started to hate Gwendoline Christie after she stated she only wears couture. Fuck off Lurch.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2019 2:36 AM

Wow, the dress she wore on the "David Copperfield" red carpet really IS amazing!

And fuck off, R27, 3/4 of the Datalounge would wear only couture, if they had the money or connections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 7, 2019 2:40 AM

[quote]Did GC's partner design that sheer dress she wore at the premiere for "David Copperfield?" I thought it was really beautiful and then I saw at closer view, it was sheer except for the leafy design. Wow. Very risque.

No. It's Iris Van Herpen.

He's dressed her for other events and he designed a Star Wars Captain Phasma (the character she played in The Force Awakens) dress that she wore in this shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 7, 2019 2:51 AM

If anyone should wear only couture, it's Gwendolyn. She's breathtaking in most everything she chooses.

Here she is in another Iris Van Herpen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 7, 2019 2:54 AM

R29 Wow, all of the other dresses she’s worn are stunning and she looks gorgeous in them. That one is hideous. It looks like something from Walmart or Target and her makeup and hair for that shoot look like garbage. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 31October 7, 2019 2:55 AM

I know someone who worked on the set. Everyone was very nice apparently, pretty chill, except for Kit Harrington. Apparently he’s a miserable coke fiend with “a bit of a superiority complex”. x

by Anonymousreply 32October 7, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote]I know someone who worked on the set. Everyone was very nice apparently, pretty chill, except for Kit Harrington. Apparently he’s a miserable coke fiend with “a bit of a superiority complex”. x

Wouldn't know it from the documentary where it seemed all the extras worshipped the short arse.

by Anonymousreply 33October 7, 2019 3:01 AM

Gwendoline Christie wears "Pink Flamingoes"!

That bitch is Divine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2019 3:04 AM

NCW seems very in love with his wife, only fangurls think he and GC are fucking

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2019 3:10 AM

Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner have been best friends since the show's first season.

by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2019 3:15 AM

I read in the early Madden & Flinn threads that Madden and Clarke had a one night stand when his character was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2019 3:30 AM

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that beautiful young people might hook up if they found themselves on location together!

Or just in the same region.

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote]I read in the early Madden & Flinn threads that Madden and Clarke had a one night stand when his character was still alive.

They had a fling - a brief one - in the very early days of the series. The two of them did a feature story and photo shoot with Harry Lloyd for the Evening Standard back then and the journalist noted that they were obviously together though they were evasive when asked about it. It was so early in the show's run and in just the one publication that it went mostly under the radar. It didn't last long at all, and for years afterward they rarely seemed to appear at the same promo events, like they were avoiding each other. That stopped around the time he was with Jenna Coleman, so I guess they got over it.

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2019 3:53 AM

I thought Richard Madden was gay.

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2019 3:57 AM

Ugly Gwendoline Christie gets to wear couture she doesn't pay for because she is fucking a designer.

by Anonymousreply 41October 7, 2019 3:57 AM

Text from the Evening Standard interview. The trio is completed by the beautiful, giggly Emilia Clarke, who attracts compliments from the two boys as she wafts in. It's rumoured that she's dating Richard, since they have been spotted on London's showbiz party circuit holding hands, but both deny it (bashfully).

by Anonymousreply 42October 7, 2019 3:59 AM

[quote]was very nice apparently, pretty chill, except for Kit Harrington. Apparently he’s a miserable coke fiend

I don't know too many coke fiends who are laid back and pleasant. The miserable part kind of goes hand in hand. As noted above, there were plenty of people on set who adored him, so it was probably a Jekyll/Hyde merry go round depending on how much coke he'd just gone through. They had some notoriously tough shoots, as well. Hopefully, he'll stay clean and stick to his original personality. He looks great. The cast was obviously very happy to see him so healthy at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 43October 7, 2019 4:21 AM

R40 Bi.

by Anonymousreply 44October 7, 2019 4:41 AM

R33 Kit (and Richard Madden too) has been repeatedly talked about as someone who is very kind to crew and extras and would hang out with them as one of them rather than shut himself off and act like he was better than them. Crew and extras (especially extras) are often treated pretty badly on sets, and as one of the biggest stars of the show he probably could have got away with treating them like crap, but instead it seems it was the opposite, so it’s no surprise if he was adored. I thought more highly of him after I heard that myself. And as R43 says, it seems his own (unimpeded by substances) personality is a kind one.

by Anonymousreply 45October 7, 2019 11:57 AM

R9 R15 Nah, he was sober, all right. There were a few different articles where press noted what he was drinking. If he’d been drinking/under the influence in any way, they’d have been ALL over that, and they’d have said so with glee I’m sure. He had eyes on him all night, they were following him a fair bit to judge by snippets I’ve seen written about his night. Seems like the guy’s working hard to keep it together- it’s working for him so far, hope it lasts for him. He looks the best- and the healthiest- he has in years, and he seemed in a great place at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 46October 7, 2019 11:58 AM

could kit be down to play with the gay? I remember seeing a Twitter thread about him and RM being in a bar a few years ago and both of them bitching about how handsome Justin Timberlake is or some shit.

by Anonymousreply 47October 7, 2019 12:35 PM

I thought Gwen looked the best at the Emmys a few years ago when she was wearing a simple off the shoulder black dress. She looked great. (Don't have a link to it but you can find it). You don't need fancy couture to look great unless she was wearing couture for that Emmys but it was such a simple dress. Maybe her boyfriend designed it?

Love Kit. Such a nice guy. The heart and soul of GoT. I hope he doesn't relapse.

by Anonymousreply 48October 7, 2019 12:50 PM

R22 I was sceptical that blind could be about Nikolaj until Emilia mentioned the cast party that they’d had the night before the Emmys. Judging by his wife’s social media, she stayed at home, leaving him free to hit on other women. The blinds at CDAN are notoriously untrustworthy, but it’s rumoured that Enty gets his GoT gossip directly from Amanda Peet, who’s married to Benioff.

Nikolaj is EXACTLY the type to dick around on his wife, but he’s also mindful of his image. The nice guy crap has been managed by his publicists for years, and they’ve more or less made that incident with his manager go away, which was nearly career suicide. He can be exceptionally moody on set though. Like Hugh Laurie levels of moodiness. In fact, Gwen outed him in an interview for being really rude to her when they first met.

Gwen’s relationship with Giles is... unconventional. In the early days of them getting together, it was barely a secret that things were wide open. Hardly that surprising considering the circles they mix in. She’s far more careful these days though. Regarding her and Nikolaj, I’m not sure it’s even up for discussion that they’re ‘close’. They don’t stop talking about each other in interviews, and their body language veers from overly affectionate to strangely guarded.

I’m pleased for Kit if he’s stayed on the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 49October 7, 2019 7:15 PM

"Judging by his wife’s social media, she stayed at home, leaving him free to hit on other women." Well, then it's not him because according to the wording of the blind item, the actor supposedly made it "plain for the world to see" he wished his wife was NOT with him at a pre-Emmys party so he could bask in the spotlight and hit on women. But honestly, I do think the blind item is meant to be him. Whether it's true or not is another matter. Enty's blind items are hit or miss. Some have been uncannily on the mark while others have not been.

Interestingly, about Nikolaj, Enty ran a blind item early in the GoT that they identified as him. It was about a foreign-born actor who could have broken in earlier but he refused to do the casting couch and wanted to stay faithful to his wife. Maybe his publicist planted that.

About his being moody on the set, according to someone on data lounge who posted in previous GoT cast gossip threads (and seemed to be fairly in the know), Nikolaj HATED the writing for his character from Season 4 on. But we know this. But according to this "insider," Nikolaj is full of crap when he publicly says he liked the way his character ended. He didn't. He hated it and couldn't wait to finish up and move on. He's just being political when he says he loved the ending. I think that probably applies to nearly every cast member involved in Season 8 except maybe Iain Glenn, whose character actually had a decent ending that made sense.

Amanda Peet is a rumored leak for Enty?

Is Gwen's bf straight? Doesn't seem like it.

by Anonymousreply 50October 7, 2019 8:13 PM

considering how many actors ended up not being straight from this show that were never mentioned in any of these gossip threads, I would say they've all been a huge bust

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2019 8:56 PM

R50 I don’t know how it makes anyone ‘fairly in the know’ to say that NCW hated the writing for his character, when he himself said so repeatedly and openly. The last one I saw was some thing for IMDB where he said he would pester the writers over and over again that the character development doesn’t make sense and they would say “We hear you and we understand you but we don’t care”

which brings another question, R49: if his management is so good at maintaining his good guy image, why don’t they take it to the next level and get him better roles or awards or even some high profile promo like SMA? It seems all he does it European indie stuff, some eco-goodwill-amassadorship and comiccons while at the same time doing thirsty papwalks and things like that AD vid, which all but screams “I want to be a HW star but no one will hire me” and it’s just ... bizarre. I mean, he’s not quite untalented or hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2019 10:30 PM

I wonder if the legal trouble with the ex-manager has cost him some roles. Someone in another thread said he made a serious mistake firing his manager but he got impatient a few years ago and started making some stupid decisions. The same person claimed what he really wanted was a role in a franchise.

What is SMA?

Now Kit has a role in a franchise (and I'm happy for him). BTW, I like that he's growing a mustache and beard again. He really looks better with hair on his face.

by Anonymousreply 53October 8, 2019 12:37 AM

He definitely does. Gorgeous. Sobriety suits him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 8, 2019 1:44 AM

R52 Nikolaj firing his manager almost certainly hurt him. The circumstances surrounding him getting rid of her were a major red flag for me that, actually, this guy has a huge ego. Basically, he thought he could do her job himself and not pay her the money he was contracted to hand over, going so far as to say he signed a fraudulent visa form and nearly landing himself in deeper shit. (Yes, sweetie, the law applies to you too.) All because he wasn’t happy with the roles she was getting him, and he failed to realise that everybody has to pay their dues before landing an Oscar winner. Being a big fish in a very small pond back in Denmark really didn’t help the attitude.

Speaking of his PR greatest hits, that whole bizarre incident where a fan apparently wrote to his wife to say he’d been caught kissing Cameron ‘Lesbian Tendencies’ Diaz was hysterical. The paps ‘just happened’ to be there to catch them all happily getting along in the park. The big takeaway from that is that his wife is prepared to go along with that crap, so, again, I take the ‘happily married’ schtick with a large grain of salt.

R54 Kit is looking well. Too short for me, but I can see the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 55October 8, 2019 1:49 AM

R55 I googled and him firing his manager seems to have happened in 2018. Doesn’t really answer any questions as he wasn’t getting any roles of note even before that. Case in point, Kit Harrington. For all his shortcomings, including being a drunk to the point it disrupted the filming process, and being a truly terrible actor, he still managed to land a franchise role.

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2019 5:54 AM

Here's some very alleged gossip (based on blind items): Dinklage messed around with the porn actress extras. Many men in the cast and crew took advantage of the local brothel in Belfast. (I believe that). And, this past summer, a GoT actor was caught trying to hire a 16-year-old escort when he was in some European country (which I take is not the UK).

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2019 4:01 PM

R56, I think he fired his manager earlier than that--around 2015 or 2016. But the manager sued him (and he countersued apparently). And the first legal judgment, which ordered him to pay his manager $2 million in back pay/fees, was rendered in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2019 4:03 PM

[R55] But was NCW really a big fish in Denmark though? Even his Danish filmography is quite mediocre, unless I’m missing something.

It seems more like he wanted a fresh start in Hollywood but it didn’t go as planned. It also seems like he must have some sort of serious financial/legal trouble beyond what’s known as well, since he’s obviously doing so many cash grabs.

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2019 4:53 PM

I highly doubt it will ever see the light of day but I’m dying to see the original pilot episode.

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2019 5:02 PM

I read that the original pilot episode was shown to the cast right before the premiere of Season 8.

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2019 5:36 PM

R59 I vaguely remember that someone from Denmark wrote on DL that the biggest stars there were Mads Mikkelsen and NCW. It’s also strange because Mads has much better filmography than NCW, and you’d think NCW would be more marketable.

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2019 7:44 PM

^ Forgot to add, I wonder if his “cash grabs” are somehow related to the fact that apparently Denmark has one of the highest income taxes, like 60% or 70%.

by Anonymousreply 63October 8, 2019 7:51 PM

" Forgot to add, I wonder if his “cash grabs” are somehow related to the fact that apparently Denmark has one of the highest income taxes, like 60% or 70%."

Why?

by Anonymousreply 64October 8, 2019 8:49 PM

Why what?

by Anonymousreply 65October 8, 2019 9:12 PM

R11, I think Sophie gets along with Kit as well, there was video footage from a journalist of her hugging him when they were arriving to take their seats in the auditorium before the show began. I haven't heard about Sophie not getting along with others really, but I know that Maisie and Conleth were the only two cast members to attend her wedding, so they might be the only two she is really close to.

Any gossip on these actors from the earlier seasons: Finn Jones (Loras), Stephen Dillane (Stannis), Gethin Anthony (Renly), Michiel Huisman (Daario)?

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2019 10:49 PM

R66 theres a thread on Finn Jones already on DL, yes theres gossip about him. idk about the others

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2019 11:04 PM

Anyone know which couple the blind in R7 might have been about?

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2019 11:11 PM

Thanks R66

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2019 11:29 PM

Sorry, I meant to thank R67

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2019 11:29 PM

Kit was at a Chicago Comic Con last weekend and he was asked about Sophie. He laughed and kidded that she needs to "shush her mouth." But he also said he loves her to bits and that he, Maisie, Isaac and Richard had a sibling-like relationship on set. I know--hardly dishy gossip but I thought I add it here. He said he's a big Harry Potter fan.

Stephen Dillane did not enjoy being on GoT. He didn't understand the show's success. The scene where Stannis burns his daughter on the stake as a sacrifice to the Lord of Light especially bothered me because his own sister died in a fire when she was young.

I know nothing about Gethin Anthony but I did watch that summer series "Aquarius" starring David Duchovny a few years back in which the good-looking tall Anthony was spectacularly miscast as the hideous short troll Charles Manson. What were they thinking?

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2019 11:40 PM

Was Anna Kendrick really involved with Alfie Allen? I read that in a solved blind item from one of the blind gossip sites.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2019 11:47 PM

R72, there was a lot of gossip about them during the summer of 2014. She implied on her Twitter at the time that a Gawker article about the subject was untrue, but didn't quite issue an outright denial that all the rumours were false, so maybe there was some truth in it. What did the blind item about them say?

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2019 11:58 PM

The blind item said the actress was cheating on her long-term boyfriend with a troubled actor she was crazy about and whom she preferred to her regular long-term bf.

by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2019 12:04 AM

R74 in what way is Alfie Allen troubled?

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2019 12:07 AM

NCW did himself no favors firing his old manager, he might have good PR that it helped the story to be buried but his PR is nowhere in the league of Harington’s. KH’s PR managed to make a cheating story go away and package his rehab as him having trouble letting go of Jon Snow and as a result, he got a Marvel role.

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2019 12:20 AM

R76 True. God only knows how he got such a great PR team. He’s not exactly talented or a “hot ticket”. His only skill is looking pretty.

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2019 12:24 AM

Alfie has talked about this--he's had a problem with depression and there were rumors he was doing drugs. Was he self-medicating as a way to deal with the depression? Who knows. Possibly.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2019 12:25 AM

R78 He’s dealt with mental health problems his whole life and has self medicated since tweenhood. Hell, his sister even wrote a song about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2019 12:30 AM

I can see nikolaj getting hammered and going for dick! He deaf seems like he’s played before.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2019 1:03 AM

Wow R80. Woooooow.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2019 1:04 AM

R80 I doubt it, but it’s possible. Look at the Skaarsgard brothers, it’s impossible to tell straight scandinavians and gay scandinavians apart.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2019 1:39 AM

R82 I'm sure it's not hard for Scandinavians

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2019 2:46 AM

“ He deaf seems like he’s played before.”

WOW.

by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2019 2:53 AM

You meant “Oh dear,” R84.

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2019 10:03 AM

R11, there’s a video of Sophie hugging Gwen and Lena on the red carpet as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2019 10:06 AM

Thanks R71

by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2019 10:27 AM

R76, Kit's PR people indeed performed a miracle, still amazed how much they managed to keep it under wraps even after the photos of him in the hotel room got online.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2019 10:30 AM

Hodor Hodor Hodor!

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2019 10:51 AM

R88, I thought that was HBO paying off the hooker to keep her quiet because that story broke right before the premiere of the final season of GoT.

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2019 12:46 PM

R90, I agree she was most likely paid off, but it happened in November last year and GoT didn't premiere until the following April, so I thought it was more likely Kit's own people had handled it rather than HBO.

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2019 6:53 PM

Alfie is messed up. His drug habit is well documented, but that’s hardly surprising for a younger British actor. All the bathrooms in private members clubs in London are covered in a fine layer of white powder. Sophie, Gwen and obviously Kit were all known to be fans of the marching powder too.

I think Kit and Gwen share a publicist, who happens to be very good. That explains why all of his problems went away and why she got so much press for the Emmys while Lena and Nikolaj sort of faded into the background.

R80 Sadly, I think Nikolaj is straight, just very gay friendly. Pedro was drooling over him at Comic Con a few years back and he didn’t seem to mind.

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2019 7:31 PM

R92, do you think Alfie's drug problem might have been the reason for the split with the mother of his baby? I heard a rumour she had restricted his access to the daughter after the breakup, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2019 7:48 PM

R93 Most likely. I can see him being an asshole when he’s drunk/high. Like Kit, but turned up to 11. It’s a shame because the guy is really talented.

by Anonymousreply 94October 18, 2019 6:32 PM

Okay who gives a shit about this straight sex gossip, where's the gay gossip, I doubt they were all straight there must have been gay hookups etc. I know about lena being bisexual omand more of a lesbian but what about the men?

by Anonymousreply 95October 18, 2019 7:06 PM

R95 Finn Jones, Pedro Pascal, Richard Madden... I think there are more that I cant remember off the top of my head

by Anonymousreply 96October 18, 2019 8:13 PM

R95, in addition to those mentioned by R96, Kit Harington has occasionally been rumoured to be bisexual, Will Tudor (Olyvar) has often been thought to be gay, Sophie Turner has openly talked about having been with both men and women, and Gethin Anthony (Renly) has sometimes been rumoured to be bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 97October 18, 2019 8:27 PM

Just realised R95 was only asking about the men, otherwise I wouldn't have added Sophie (although this is the most verified as she talked about it to Rolling Stone this year).

by Anonymousreply 98October 18, 2019 8:29 PM

The only out cast members I know of are Hodor and smug Uncle Kevan Lannister who wouldn't put up Cersei's shit.

There are posters -maybe just the one-in the Finn thread who is convinced he and Gethin are fuckbuddies.

Pedro is 99.9999% gay. His younger brother is gay , and the definition of twink. He was in Pedro's last season of "Narcos" as the boyfriend of one of the cartel bosses.

by Anonymousreply 99October 18, 2019 8:34 PM

Pedro is almost certainly the GoT cast member outed in blind items for hooking up with guys on dating apps. I kind of loved him and Lena bearding for each other when she wanted to hide who her baby daddy was and the rumours about him first started. You could tell they actually enjoyed each other’s company, unlike 95% of PR relationships. Somebody here must have had him? He’s supposed to be really sweet and well-hung.

I know we’re talking male cast members but, along with Lena, Gwen is bi too. Pre-GoT she was pretty open about dating men and women, and her PR team recently had to do a clean up on her Twitter account when fans dug through old tweets and found her talking about an ex-girlfriend.

Speaking of Gwen, is Giles Deacon, her partner, ill? I saw a photo of him for the first time in a while and he’s gone from tubby to his clothes hanging off him.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2019 12:47 AM

Why would Gwen’s PR team have to “clean up” the mentions of her bisexuality while Sophie’s doing the opposite, R100?

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2019 7:05 AM

I thought Gwen was big on the party scene before she even got Brienne. Everything about her screams freak in the sack. No wonder Nik and Kit like hanging out with her. I don't think its a surprise that she is bi, but I'm with R101 in that I don't see why she would suddenly want to hide that fact.

by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2019 7:18 PM

Gay bros, literally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2019 8:01 PM

R103. Pass on the toddler brother.

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2019 8:05 PM

R101 Because there’s a big difference between being in your 20s, married and saying you’re bi and being in your 40s, with a ‘partner’ and admitting you swing both ways. Sophie’s team could easily shake that off as a ‘misunderstanding’ should the need arise. It’s not so easy to do that for a middle-aged client, who’s trying to move past androgynous roles and break into something more conventional/another franchise. I’ve noticed recently Gwen has been talking more about Giles after years of refusing to discuss the relationship. I doubt that’s a coincidence now that she’s looking for work. (It’s probably not a coincidence in light of the obvious chemistry with Nikolaj too.)

Ideally, actors would all come out, but the moment you do that, it restricts the scope of the roles you’re going to be considered for, particularly if you want in on the type of franchise that sells well in more conservative markets, such as Asia. Why do you think Richard Madden hasn’t officially come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2019 11:14 PM

Claiming to be bisexual or "pansexual" is fashionable for college-aged straight girls. It's what they do to interest guys, nobody takes girls Sophie's age seriously when they claim to be bi.

It's different with middle-aged professionals like Christie.

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2019 11:46 PM

I remember Sophie saying something like “I fall for the person” and the media blew it up. That’s a nothing comment.

by Anonymousreply 107October 20, 2019 12:58 AM

Nikolaj is a stand up guy. Any other actor in his position would have traded his age appropriate wife for a 20 year old by now. It's true love.

by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2019 3:18 AM

R105 “being in your 20s, married and saying you’re bi“ - I’m sure that’s why people like Drew Barrymore or Gillian Anderson spoke out about being bisexual

“ Why do you think Richard Madden hasn’t officially come out yet?” - is he a middle-aged client trying to move past androgynous roles too?

by Anonymousreply 109October 20, 2019 3:22 AM

Kinda feel the vibe of Alfie Allen having big crush on RM though he just has rumored with women very often?

by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2019 4:08 AM

I thought at the beginning of the show Alfie, Kit, and Richard were inseparable. I've never seen him looking at Richard like he has a crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2019 4:20 AM

I want to hear more about what they were like on set. Everybody seems to love Kit, but maybe it’s just a PR thing since he’s the face of GOT. What’s Alfie like on set? Was Richard his typical stoic and awkward self or was he easy to get on with? Is Sophie a cunt, because I get the feeling she is. What about people like Pedro, the kid who plays Tommen, and Finn Jones? What are all the cast members like during filming? How do they get along with each other? How do they get along with the crew?

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2019 4:28 AM

some xtras said natalie dormer was a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2019 4:44 AM

It is simply easier and more accepted for women to be openly bisexual, pansexual, fluid, whatever in Hollywood. It is not the same for men.

by Anonymousreply 114October 20, 2019 5:01 AM

R114 It’s the same way in the real world, even with concrete homosexuality. But especially in Hollywood. There’s a stigma around gay men or men who are into other men that doesn’t exist around gay women or women who are into other women.

by Anonymousreply 115October 20, 2019 5:04 AM

Lol joe is gay and Sophie is his lesbian beard, dl your getting soft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2019 5:04 AM

R114 the discussion started with Gwen, and she’s not a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 117October 20, 2019 5:25 AM

Joe also "dated" legendary beard taylor swift.

by Anonymousreply 118October 20, 2019 5:40 AM

Is Kit down for some same sex action? What about the guy that plays Euron? Any insiders have any info?

by Anonymousreply 119October 20, 2019 2:03 PM

The actor who played Euron once worked as the nanny for Nikolaj's daughters. I think he was also a counselor at their camp. Something like that. So I assume he came to D&D's attention via Nikolaj. That's my guess.

by Anonymousreply 120October 20, 2019 3:31 PM

R120 Aw, that’s a cute story. As awful as D&D fucked job Euron’s character, he did a great job with the garbage he was given.

by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2019 3:32 PM

^ fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2019 3:32 PM

[quote]I think he was also a counselor at their camp. Something like that. So I assume he came to D&D's attention via Nikolaj. That's my guess.

Substitute teacher at the school Nikolaj's daughter attended. D&D knew of him from his work in the series Borgen.

by Anonymousreply 123October 20, 2019 4:39 PM

R102 I’m not sure Gwen would even find Kit in the sack, he’s like half of her.

by Anonymousreply 124October 20, 2019 5:08 PM

I was on another site reading the Kit Harington gossip thread. There were all sorts of gossip, some rather dubious, on not just Kit but other members of the GoT cast. Someone who says he/she is in Europe, claimed to have friends in Copenhagen. According to this person, Nikolaj has a reputation of being a bit of a slut there. He/she said that "it's open season" when Nikolaj is in town. Take it with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 125October 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Kit is like a half of Gwen.

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2019 5:15 PM

Sorry for repeating that about Gwen/Kit.

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2019 5:16 PM

R125 if he has no qualms sleeping around, why would his team plant that BI about him losing work because of his unwillingness to go the casting couch route? He could actually benefit from his sluttiness.

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2019 6:10 PM

In terms of what people were like on set, Vulture interviewed some of the people involved in making The Long Night episode, and one of the "bit players" suggested that some of the younger cast members were quite standoffish. Going by their comments, maybe referring to Maisie and/or Sophie?

[QUOTE]McConnell (Winterfell Woman With Elderly Parents): The younger cast, they’re more conditioned by the professionalism of the directors, so their personalities are all very similar and the way they’d speak was very similar. Whereas Peter [Dinklage] and Conleth Hill, their personalities were already formed. I could sit all day and talk about lip gloss with Hannah Murray, but I wouldn’t have a single chat with some of the other actresses there. I’ve got a name in my head but I won’t say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2019 7:32 PM

R125 Not sure I buy that, mainly because I think he’s careful enough not to get himself into a situation like Kit did. That said, he practically admitted he was a manwhore before marriage, and I remember him recounting getting an STI when he was younger early on in GoT’s run. There’s no way he’d have been allowed to tell that story when the show picked up steam, not without his publicist threatening to gut him. I doubt he’s the angel he’d have people believe he is, I just don’t believe he’s stupid either.

There’s a blind from 2016 that mysteriously disappeared from Blind Gossip, but another gossip blog still has it. The general consensus was that the actor was Nikolaj, as he and Peter were the only ‘principal actors’ who were married back then. In terms of who the actress was, because of the ‘beautiful actress’ clue (Brienne the Beauty) and all of the reports from the cast and crew about how close they were getting, it probably was Gwen, even though she wasn’t single back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2019 9:08 PM

Where on earth did he talk about getting an STI before he got married? Why would he ever recount that? Was his publicist asleep during the interview? I'm sorry but letting something like that drop in an interview is never a good idea--unless you're trying to draw an analogy between a personal incident and a character you're playing. Still, even then....good god. I mean, I never read about American actors talking about STIs they picked up before marriage.

About that blind item, technically Gwen was then and still is single (yes I know she has a long-term bf but they're not married--many would still classify that as being single). So maybe the BI was being picky in that respect. I thought the blind item about them was the one that came out on Blind Gossip about a surprising GoT couple in which one person was single and another wasn't--but that they might come out after the show is finished. But I think that might have referred to the actors who played Tommen and Myrcella although when that BI appeared, those two character had already been killed off and gone.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2019 9:49 PM

[quote]Where on earth did he talk about getting an STI before he got married?

Is it better to talk about an STI you got after you were married?

It was from a GQ interview. The question was about the worst pain he experienced. He talked about a urinary infenction and then moved on to the STI.

Interviewer: I’m glad I’ve managed to avoid requiring too much medical attention to my penis.

NCW: You’re very lucky. When I was 21 I went to a music festival and met a girl who gave me two presents that I didn’t discover until I got back. Two great venereal diseases.

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2019 10:07 PM

*infection.

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2019 10:08 PM

Married, not married. It's never good to tell the press about an STI you got. Have rock stars talked about all the STIs they've picked up? And god knows how much penicillin they imbibe in a given tour.

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote]Was Richard his typical stoic and awkward self or was he easy to get on with?

In one of the other gossip threads, a former crew member in the costume department recounted a few things about the cast and said that Richard was very flirty with everyone, very touchy, and could be very sweet. Sounded like Madden likes a lot of attention.

[quote]I’m not sure Gwen would even find Kit in the sack, he’s like half of her.

If you listen to the dvd commentary on S7 Dragon and the Wolf episode, it features Kit, Lena Headey, and D&D. When they're discussing the scene in the dragonpit meet, there was a lot of talk about the partiesdinners going on during that week of shooting because it was the first time so many principle characters were in one place. Apparently, Kit and Gwen were doing a disturbing bit of play for the evening they dubbed "mommy baby". I wish there was footage. They were both recently at that Ace Comic con outside of Chicago last weekend and had dinner together both nights. I find it hilarious that he purposely stands next to her at awards shows, even though in heels she towers over him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135October 20, 2019 10:23 PM

Hmm, it was supposed to save that at the 5:41 mark when the discussion begins.

by Anonymousreply 136October 20, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]Apparently, Kit and Gwen were doing a disturbing bit of play for the evening they dubbed "mommy baby".

In the GoT "Making of the Series" thread someone posted that Gwendoline and Tom Hiddlestone would do the same thing when they did a play together. Which made people believe they were fucking.

by Anonymousreply 137October 20, 2019 10:28 PM

I noticed in that commentary that when Bronn said to Podrick, "Let's go get a drink while the fancy folk talk," Leah, said "Yes. Sounds good." The others laughed. She really doesn't disguise her hatred of Jerome Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 138October 20, 2019 10:33 PM

There's a photo of Gwen and Kit at the Emmys a few years ago in which Gwen was basically dandling Kit like he was her child. It was so odd and cute.

by Anonymousreply 139October 20, 2019 10:36 PM

I think people thought Gwen and Hiddleston were fucking after that photo of her giving him a lapdance was posted in social media.

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2019 10:37 PM

For R139

He totally digs it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 20, 2019 11:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 20, 2019 11:07 PM

He would have to climb her like a tree.

by Anonymousreply 143October 20, 2019 11:08 PM

R141, that's the shot!! It's so weird and cute the way she's fondling him like he's her doll.

by Anonymousreply 144October 20, 2019 11:11 PM

what did lena ever see in jerome?

she has bad taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 145October 20, 2019 11:12 PM

Jerome is not that bad. He's a very good actor--the complete opposite to Bronn in temperament. Very mild-mannered. He's also a committed vegan and animal activist. Supposedly, Lena got irked because she dropped a longtime bf for Jerome who ultimately could not and would not commit to Lena.

by Anonymousreply 146October 20, 2019 11:17 PM

Gwen’s nickname for Kit is ‘Baby Boy’. I believe she called Nikolaj ‘Princess’ and Liam ‘Granddad’ too. I genuinely think Gwen would break Kit in half if they were to fuck. I’m still not sure I can buy into her and Hiddleston either. He outed himself long before he dated Taylor Swift.

R145 Jerome really isn’t the problem. Lena is more than a little unstable.

by Anonymousreply 147October 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Why does Lena hate Jerome so much? I never understood why they had to be kept separated at all costs during production.

by Anonymousreply 148October 20, 2019 11:43 PM

Jerome Flynn is hot. Not beautiful, but loaded with masculine charisma, and he can be as fun as all hell to watch.

I have no idea why Lena hates him, something to do with a nasty breakup. I have no idea if he deserves to be hated, I suppose it's possible, but she does have a reputation as being a bit unstable.

by Anonymousreply 149October 20, 2019 11:46 PM

She just had a baby, married the father and is now separated from him after being married to him for a year. And then she was battling her ex-husband in a custody suit for a long while. She declared bankruptcy during the first season of GoT. I believe the judge ordered her to pay her ex husband a sum of money; she said she couldn't--she had nothing in her bank account. When the judge brought up her TV show, she said she still hadn't gotten paid for it yet.

by Anonymousreply 150October 20, 2019 11:49 PM

Some background to the Lena and Jerome relationship. They first met in the mid 90s when they were both in a UK TV drama called Soldier Soldier, although officially they didn't date until around 2002-3. Before this she had been in a long term relationship with Jason Flemyng, who was also a friend of Jerome's, since the early 90s, and supposedly her relationship with Jerome began while she was still with Jason, who was said to feel very betrayed on both sides by what happened. Jerome gave an interview to a UK tabloid in 2003 where he mentioned the situation and said that he wasn't with Lena right now but that they might be in future. But there were no further reports of them together after that, and Lena married the father of her eldest child a few years later. Not sure what happened between then and GoT, but their working relationship seemed to go severely downhill around 2014, which was when reports began appearing in the press of them being kept away from each other on set.

by Anonymousreply 151October 21, 2019 12:00 AM

The father of her second baby left her too.

by Anonymousreply 152October 21, 2019 12:03 AM

R152, yes I think they broke up earlier this year. She was referenced as still being with him around February, but gave an interview to the Observer in the UK in June where it was stated they were no longer together. She also made an Instagram post around that time about the need to stay away from people who made you feel like you were hard to love.

by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2019 12:05 AM

Lena Headey sounds batshit but Jerome Flynn sounds like a scumbag, too.

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote]He's also a committed vegan

R146 That right there should have been a huge red flag.

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2019 5:20 AM

Lena Headey definitely comes across as crazy pussy. I would imagine the constant coke use hasn't helped matters. Doesn't she also deal with depression?

by Anonymousreply 156October 21, 2019 5:08 PM

R138 she did say that, but in the context it didn’t sound like a dig. Right before, they were discussing how hot it was and Kit was complaining (again) that he had it worse than everybody because of his furs, and Lena says in regard of Bronn’s “let’s go have a drink” line “good idea, better than spend twelve days shooting.” And R135, were they discussing parties? I got the impression they were talking about what was going on between takes, that Gwen and Kit had a mommy-baby routine (probably because Kit was whining), and someone (is it Dan?) says “I wish we were filming that instead,” that it had “more subtext“ than the actual show.

by Anonymousreply 157October 21, 2019 7:32 PM

R156, didn't all of them basically eat coke during the very long shoots?

by Anonymousreply 158October 21, 2019 9:32 PM

Yes, R158, that was my point. The cast was notorious for it, based on the old cocaine thread. There was a lot of heavy drinking going on, as well, at the end of the day's shoot. I think KH was just the sloppiest at covering it up.

by Anonymousreply 159October 21, 2019 10:12 PM

What cocaine thread? When was this coke thread posted? How long ago?

by Anonymousreply 160October 21, 2019 10:35 PM

I'd ask who were the big cokeheads on the set (other than Kit)? And who were the lushes? But I have a feeling it's either one or the other for all of them.

by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2019 11:16 PM

The GoT gossip thread over on Lipstick Alley claimed that Finn Jones was heavily into coke amongst other substances. Around the time of season four they apparently had to have an intervention because it was becoming too much of a problem for him.

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2019 11:43 PM

For R160 - some mentions of Christie, but go down to 241. There was a comment in one of the GoT threads that David and Dan rented a room for the cast in Spain so they could do loads of coke unperturbed.

Also, who gives a fuck about LSA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 22, 2019 12:04 AM

What's LSA?

by Anonymousreply 164October 22, 2019 12:22 AM

Lipstick Alley, a home for bitter black women.

R157, it may have been further on in the commentary, or perhaps I got it from an interview with NCW, but the cast was hanging out a lot during the shooting of the dragonpit scene because it was so rare for them all to be in the same location. Yes, Dan Weiss comments that the mommy-baby routine went on for a long time so I took that to mean over the course of the 12 days they were all there, not just behind the scenes while they were filming.

Tbh, KH had a point, as most of the fans were also wondering why the hell Jon Snow was wearing heavy furs in Kings Landing.

by Anonymousreply 165October 22, 2019 1:38 AM

[quote]And who were the lushes? But I have a feeling it's either one or the other for all of them.

Nik claims to not drink to excess as his father was an alcoholic and died from it. He said in an interview a couple of years back that he's had a constant dialogue with is daughters about drinking because of their family history and he was worried about the oldest as she was, then, coming of drinking age.

Richard said in an interview earlier this year that he moved to L.A because he was found himself partying too much in London. Which to me sounds like jumping out of the frying pan into the flames, but he says he's more regimented and about business when he's in Los Angeles. Of course, the other reason (real reason?) is that L..A. is where 13 Reasons Why guy lives. But I can buy Richard's claims. He doesn't know many people in L.A versus London, so less reasons to be out all the time.

by Anonymousreply 166October 22, 2019 2:51 AM

R165 it does sound like a rare occasion. I remember when asked in an interview about wrap parties, Gwen says that she hasn’t been invited to any parties, and asks Nik, have you, and he says, yes, a few. So I guess they didn’t always party together.

by Anonymousreply 167October 22, 2019 4:12 AM

How many children and how many babydaddies does Lena have?

I can't keep track.

by Anonymousreply 168October 22, 2019 5:05 AM

No GOT gossip but I worked with Richard on the Bodyguard and he wasn’t awkward at all, very chatty and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2019 6:33 AM

R168 2 by 2. Not crazy.

by Anonymousreply 170October 22, 2019 7:23 AM

Lena has two children with two different husbands. She's not Kate Hudson, okay.

"Nik claims to not drink to excess as his father was an alcoholic and died from it." He's so full of crap. There are photos of him clearly three sheets to the wind at various GoT-related parties. There was a photo of him and Gwen in one of the earlier seasons where they are so visibly drunk that in one pic she is practically holding him up. Then there's a pic of him offering a flask to Gwen during the recent Emmys, where again, he looked three sheets to the wind. Spare me his protestations of good, clean living. I guess his publicist was coaching him. BTW, Scandinavians have a very high rate of alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 171October 22, 2019 2:06 PM

Perhaps his definition of excess is different from yours, R171. Did he get so drunk that he’d try getting into his apartment through the window breaking a leg in the process and disrupting the filming process? Or did he get into a drunken brawl resulting in a black eye before the audition? Then he still drinks less than some of his castmates.

by Anonymousreply 172October 22, 2019 6:30 PM

R167 Yeah, Gwen was in full sarcasm mode when she said that.

R172 I always got the impression that there was a bit of a distinction between Nikolaj at home and him partying with GoT people on location and at awards shows. He wouldn’t be the first married man to compartmentalise. You’re right though, he’s no Kit, even if he was clearly off his face at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 173October 22, 2019 7:57 PM

I get the sense that R172 has a personal grudge against KH, considering some of the comments I've seen here and on other threads. They sound strikingly similar. Kit's told that black eye at McDonalds story dozens of times over the years, and he never mentions being drunk, just that he was defending his date. Did he run over your dog or something? This isn't the first time I've seen digs about him disrupting filming because of his broken ankle. His was one storyline among many that season, I can't imagine his accident put the brakes on all filming while they waited for him to recuperate.

If you know more than you're telling, spill. Otherwise, give the guy some credit for maturing and seeking help. I shudder to think of some of my questionable choices and drunken behavior in the past and am glad I've moved on from that person.

by Anonymousreply 174October 22, 2019 8:48 PM

Wait so let’s get more of this Pedro tea! I 100 think he is gay or Bi! He was recently hanging out with that sext deaf guy from season 1 on Fargo in Austin. They were probably hooking up lol. Pedro was booking up with guys on apps!?

by Anonymousreply 175October 22, 2019 11:32 PM

Yes, I'm also more interested in Pedro gossip!

by Anonymousreply 176October 23, 2019 1:39 AM

I don’t have a grudge against KH, but I definitely don’t get him. He’s very average (unless you take into account his stature, then he’s below), he’s only ever been handsome as Jon Snow and he still whines about that incessantly (I mean it must be bad if even Emilia called him out on that on Colbert), plus the whole objectify me/ don’t objectify me thing. And even as JS his acting is wooden at best. And on top of that, he’s a drunk who cannot handle his drink (the hooker story). All in all, he just doesn’t have any redeeming qualities for all his shortcomings (unless you count something like ‘at least he doesn’t kick puppies’).

by Anonymousreply 177October 23, 2019 2:06 AM

Give me Kit all day everyday over egotistical Nikolaj. His looks are overrated with his beady little eyes, deformed nose, and crooked teeth.

by Anonymousreply 178October 23, 2019 8:23 PM

Kit is 2 feet tall, real deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 179October 23, 2019 8:49 PM

I don't see this face as average at all, but okay. He was quite striking in The Death and Life of John F. Donovan even if Dolan fucked up that movie beyond repair. And while he gets a lot of criticism over his acting, I don't think you understand the meaning of the term "wooden" if you think it applies to his performances. I think he often took the character too internal, but I've never seen him as wooden.

Also, the "whining" - you do realize this is often embellished and played up for laughs on chat shows? Sure, some actors complain a lot on set, but I've never heard that about KH. In fact, his directors adore working with him because of his work ethic.

I've always liked NCW, and loved how he grew with the character of Jaime over the years, but yeah, the more interviews I read from him, the less interesting he becomes.

You know who I wish we heard more from? Liam Cunningham. He's such a delight. I'd like to see him work with Fassbender again. He comes across as very laid back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 23, 2019 8:50 PM

[quote]He was recently hanging out with that sext deaf guy from season 1 on Fargo in Austin.

That actor was hot. Go Pedro.

by Anonymousreply 181October 23, 2019 8:53 PM

R180 okay, you like his face, but what kind of roles do you suggest for him with the body it comes on top of? Hobbit? As someone mentioned, Leonard Hofstadter in the TBBT prequel?

by Anonymousreply 182October 24, 2019 1:16 AM

Yes, Kit is very short but I love him! He's also very funny. I remember seeing him play a egocentric tennis player on an HBO movie a few years ago. He was hilarious. He was also great in that classic "Jon Snow attends a dinner party" skit on Seth O'Brien's show a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 183October 24, 2019 1:33 AM

It's SETH MEYERS and CONAN O'Brien.

by Anonymousreply 184October 24, 2019 1:50 AM

It’s not just that he’s short, but being short makes him look kinda squishy and bloated. I don’t see him aging well at all, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 185October 24, 2019 2:03 AM

There are loads of short actors out there who do quite well for themselves. He's not that short. There were a bunch of twitter pics of the recent comic convention in Chicago recently, and surprisingly, many of the people who paid to take pics with him were shorter than him. His wife is shorter than him. His costar/love interest in Thrones was shorter than him. Xavier Dolan is shorter than him. He's the same height as Tom Cruise, James McAvoy, and Ben Stiller. It's not a fucking death sentence. In fact, believe it or not, there are successful working actors [italic]even shorter than him[/italic]. At least he owns his shortness and isn't afraid to make jokes about it. It's a silly thing to fixate on.

What kind of roles, R182? Like most actors, I would imagine he'd hope for one that was interesting. He's playing a superhero next. I mean, look at the guy. That is not squishy and bloated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 24, 2019 5:48 AM

You really aren’t helping his case, R186. Yes, there are actors as short as or even shorter than him, but all the actors you listed blow him out of the water in terms of talent and charisma. He can’t do funny like Stiller, he can’t do 99% of what McAvoy is doing, and comparing him to Cruise who, like him or not, may be the last remaining, if faded, Hollywood star is just laughable. Calling his acting “internal,“ well, I guess, it sounds nicer than “constipated.” I highly doubt his superhero gig will be any better than Sophie Turner’s.

by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2019 7:19 AM

"Last remaining Hollywood star?"

Oh really (although not faded yet).

by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2019 5:50 PM

So who was this? From CDAN: "Speaking of yachting, this former lead on Game Of Thrones got busted this summer trying to buy the services of a 16 year old escort in the Eastern European country he was visiting."

by Anonymousreply 189October 25, 2019 12:37 PM

Prolly Alfie.....

by Anonymousreply 190October 25, 2019 8:56 PM

R189 it's fake, CDAN blinds are literally always fake

by Anonymousreply 191October 25, 2019 9:10 PM

Was Alfie ever considered a lead on Thrones?

by Anonymousreply 192October 25, 2019 9:29 PM

R191, are you Alfie's publicist? I love how when someone throws in some gossip or blind items in this GoT cast gossip thread, someone like you is always quick to discredit it. Why are you in here then? Honestly, I was thinking this BI was Charles Dance, who has a reputation of dating very young women.

About CDAN items, I find them either hit or miss. I will never forget though how they leaked blind items over how deeply depressed L'Wren Scott was to the point of suicidal months before her actual suicide. They were also leaking many items about Jeffrey Epstein being a pedophile predator years before he was arrested.

They did post an item a while back that was clearly about Dinklage getting it on with the porn actress extras on GoT. Yeah, I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 193October 25, 2019 9:48 PM

What about Lipstick Alley? I read some supposed dirt in there on GoT cast members that I found both disturbing and highly dubious.

by Anonymousreply 194October 25, 2019 9:52 PM

R193 I mean it's been proven that Enty is a fraud but whatever. Enjoy your fake gossip

by Anonymousreply 195October 25, 2019 10:23 PM

Remember when CDAN ran a blind “exposing” Madden as a pussy hound while he was shacking up with his boyfriend? That site is complete rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 196October 25, 2019 11:25 PM

I don't remember that BI but that item about Madden was clearly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2019 12:14 AM

CDAN is a mix of publicists trying to make clients look better, fangirls sending in blinds, blatant bullshit and the odd grain of truth. Thing is, the rumour about Amanda Peet being a source for Enty at awards ceremonies and premieres has been a persistent one. That sort of makes sense of the fact that blinds have been leaked about GoT actors over the years, while the showrunners were mostly left alone by the main blind item sites. That’s pretty confusing considering cast, extras and crew have all leaked how unprofessional Dan and David were during shoots, and how they often spent their time with the porn actresses they brought in for brothel scenes. That’s where the real dirt is. Will be interesting to see how Netflix deal with them if they fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2019 1:22 AM

I find it amusing how DL is constantly trying to make up shit about some actors (like Dinklage or NCW who by all accounts are quite happily married) while ignoring or trying to downplay the very real shit about others.

by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2019 1:31 AM

r199 That's always been the case on DL, at least when it comes to GoT. I recall someone said years ago on one of the first GoT gossip threads that Madden was completely straight and that was the end of that. Meanwhile, he was picking up guys left and right in gay clubs in London (thanks, Twitter!). Or maybe it's the fact that we don't really get good British gossip scoops around here very often.

by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2019 1:41 AM

Speaking how unprofessional Benioff & Weiss were, Nikolaj's stand-in said in a Q&A with fans that both were barely around during the filming of the Battle of Winterfell.

by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2019 2:03 AM

You can be "happily married" and still be a cheater.

by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2019 2:04 AM

Madden is bi.

by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2019 2:05 AM

R203 Madden and 80% of the actors in London.

R201 I remember reading that. The guy said that they were way more interested in their Star Wars project while S8 was filming, and would often just leave directors to their own devices when they should have been around as a point of reference. Holy Mother of fucking God, those scripts for the final season are bad, barring the one Bryan Cogman wrote. I mean there were a few red flags in previous seasons that their writing wasn’t up to scratch after they went off book, but, Jesus fucking Christ, there’s no way that those scripts went through more than maybe one rewrite, when they should have gone through several. No wonder there’s a reported rift between D&D and GRRM.

I actually think, if GoT was still mid-run now, the showrunners would have been Me Too’d. It’s not just the way they treated some female cast members, but things included in the scripts like stage directions during sex scenes where they describe Nikolaj displaying ‘the ass that got him on the cover of Men’s Health’. I mean NCW does have a fine ass, but how is that not thinly-veiled sexual harassment in a professional setting?

by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2019 2:54 AM

[quote]Speaking how unprofessional Benioff & Weiss were, Nikolaj's stand-in said in a Q&A with fans that both were barely around during the filming of the Battle of Winterfell.

Actors have said this, too. When Kit was on Colbert, he mentioned that during the 55 nights of filming , they would "swan up" once a week or so and the cast and crew would be filled with poison watching them because everyone was sleep deprived and exhausted. But to be fair, it wasn't their episode to direct. Vince Gilligan didn't sit on every episode shoot for Breaking Bad, either. Pretty sure D&D were doing their pre-production stuff for the final episode.

by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2019 2:55 AM

[quote]He can’t do funny like Stiller

Stiller hasn't been funny in years.

by Anonymousreply 206October 26, 2019 3:25 AM

GRRM and D&D's rift began when the latter decided to cut the Lady Stoneheart plot from the movie. They publicly said they did this because they didn't want a fine actress like Michelle Fairley to hang out to play a zombie. But in any case, GRRM was miffed as Lady Stonehart was an important plot, certainly to Jaime and Brienne's arcs. By cutting that character out, Jaime was reduced to being nothing more than Cersei's bitch and Brienne did nothing for one season other than stare at a window in Winterfell, looking for Sansa to put out a candle SOS.

The writing for the season 8 scripts was embarrassing. They actually wrote that after Jon kills Dany, he holds her as if it's the Pieta!!!

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2019 1:07 PM

Oops TV show--not movie!!! Sorry about that.

I do think there will be a movie sequel to the show after HBO realizes that fans are more invested in the characters from GoT and not so much the Westeros universe.

by Anonymousreply 208October 26, 2019 1:08 PM

Until GRRM finishes the books, we will not know how important Lady Stoneheart will be to the overall plot. Given the fact that GRRM has said she should have been in the show and the fact that she was important to the Jaime, Brienne and riverlands plotlines, I think she’s more important than D&D I think a lot is going to come out about them in future years.

by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2019 1:19 PM

Ugh, hit enter too soon... that one sentence should read than D&D would like to admit.

by Anonymousreply 210October 26, 2019 1:20 PM

In the books, Jaime leaves Cersei out of disgust when he finds out she's been cheating on him with various men, including his own cousin. He goes to the Riverlands and there Brienne, with her cheek bitten off, comes to him to tell him that the Hound has Sansa and won't let her go. It's a trap though as Brienne has been forced by Lady Stoneheart to bring Jaime to her (she blames him for the Red Wedding) or else she'll kill Pod.

Jaime still could have left Cersei early on in the TV show but they chose to remove his agency as a character and make him Cersei's lapdog.

by Anonymousreply 211October 26, 2019 1:38 PM

I definitely think there's going to be a "What Happened to GoT's Season 8" expose coming up in the future, perhaps written by Vanity Fair's Joanna Robinson. I predict it will be full of anonymous sources, revealing all sorts of dish on how and why the final season came undone the way it did.

by Anonymousreply 212October 26, 2019 1:40 PM

GRRM has no complaints. He is wealthy beyond his wildest dreams, he is famous worldwide and people, new generations are buying his books. Before this his appeal was limited.

by Anonymousreply 213October 26, 2019 3:16 PM

It's difficult not to imagine what a threesome would look like, especially with Emilia throwing out helpful visuals like "Momoa sandwich". Damn, Momoa would bend Kit in half.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 26, 2019 3:57 PM

D&D are prats, but they were right to cut the "Lady Stoneheart" shit. It was eye-rollingly unconvincing in the book, and seemed to go nowhere fast, as she picked off the Freys one by one and still had hundreds to go. I've said all along that the later books needed the most ruthless editing conceivable, and this was one of the things they did right. To have LS pick off the Freys one by one would have taken ten seasons, and tied up the BwoB the whole time, instead D&D inventively had Arya take out the whole lot in one chillingly awesome scene! Which was not only a great way to speed up the plot and cut the bullshit, it gave real power to the resurgence of the Starks. Arya went home after that, and when she was reunited with Sansa, they'd gone from little girls to badassess who'd each taken out an enemy clan.

Unfortunately, the success of that ruthless cut seems to have given them all sorts of bad ideas about speeding things up.

by Anonymousreply 215October 26, 2019 8:36 PM

R215 Yeah, the Lady Stoneheart plot is a bit of a mess, but cutting it meant that many of the emotional beats are missing from Jaime’s, Brienne’s and Thoros’ arcs. (It also fed into George’s efforts to show just how much war had fucked over the general population; something which the showrunners never adequately put across.)

I suspected they were throwing Brienne under the bus when they gave a throwaway version of the Biter storyline to The Hound and Arya. Her whole ‘No chance, no choice’ moment from the books is something I would have killed to see on-screen. Generally, I think they gave her the ending they should have given to Sandor (becoming Lord Commander in the Kingsguard), because they decided to kill Jaime late in the day and had bowed to fan pressure to make Cleganebowl happen.

Regardless, it’s really fucking clear that they strayed from any original outlines, and cobbled together scripts at the last minute. Dan and David’s incompetence is going to become legendary. I remember reading about an interview where John Bradley had to remind them that Sam is a point-of-view character in GRRM’s series. They should have known those books inside out, but instead they left Cogman, a relative novice in the industry, with that responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 216October 27, 2019 1:44 AM

D&D did a panel discussion about GoT at the Austin Film Festival.

They said they deliberately played down the fantasy elements of the story because they didn't want to pander to fantasy fans. They wanted housewives, NFL players, etc, to also watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 217October 27, 2019 2:00 AM

They also admitted that they wrote to actors as opposed to characters. Sigh. Well, we knew that.

by Anonymousreply 218October 27, 2019 2:01 AM

They also admitted they backed away from night shoots because it was too physically demanding for them; instead, they let the cast and crew get through them. This confirms what Nikolaj's stand-in said about their lack of presence during the Battle of Winterfell shoot.

by Anonymousreply 219October 27, 2019 2:35 AM

What one of them allegedly said about being preoccupied with the baby’s penis during the filming of the scene where the Night King turns the baby is really fucking disturbing. What the fuck is wrong with them?! No wonder the kid’s mother was getting pissed off with them.

by Anonymousreply 220October 27, 2019 1:07 PM

They also said the reason why their cast was well-behaved is because they basically threatened to kill their characters off if they acted up. Maybe it was a joke but as everyone knows, there's a kernel of truth behind every joke.

They also actively encouraged the actors NOT to read the books.

by Anonymousreply 221October 27, 2019 1:11 PM

idk why they did that q&a, it made them look incredibly bad

by Anonymousreply 222October 27, 2019 4:16 PM

They were getting an award.

by Anonymousreply 223October 27, 2019 5:26 PM

Still some of their answers are contradictory at best, like when they say at first they didn’t understand the characters and they started writing to the actors and then in S8 they suddenly just knew who the characters were and how they were going to end. Other comments are just WTF - “basically, it was a very expensive film school,” “it was a ten year drunk party,” etc. Why would anyone think saying it out loud would be a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 224October 27, 2019 7:33 PM

They basically say and do multiple contradictory things and it's up to the audience to cherrypick what they want to believe. That's how Season 8 was developed.

by Anonymousreply 225October 27, 2019 8:13 PM

Is this all coming from the tweeter, re: the Austin FF interview? It would be nice if there was some video up. I think people are getting a bit overworked over what might be fairly benign comments. I'd rather hear their answers for myself.

by Anonymousreply 226October 27, 2019 11:35 PM

David and Dan are idiots. If you've listened to past interviews and or the inside the episode vids where they talk about the show that has always been obvious.

by Anonymousreply 227October 27, 2019 11:37 PM

"Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet." Remember that gem?

by Anonymousreply 228October 27, 2019 11:57 PM

Not sure why there’s such bafflement expressed repeatedly on here as to how Kit landed the franchise part he did? He’s young enough that they won’t have to worry about him ageing out of the role for years, he’s pretty good-looking, and he’s not half as bad an actor as he gets given a hard time for being. He’s a better actor than some of his material on GOT allowed him to show, and he’ll do a perfectly competent job for them- and that’s all Marvel really need from him. This is a Marvel movie after all, not an Oscar vehicle. Is he the MOST talented actor out there? No, definitely not. But he’s not “truly terrible” either.

And more importantly, one thing he is very good at (and what probably makes him far more suited for this role from Marvel’s point of view than a slightly better actor without this particular skillset) is stage combat and sword fighting. The role is that of a superhero that wields a sword. Kit is coming off training for almost a decade honing that particular skill for GOT, and he’s naturally talented at it too- so good that he did all his own battle scenes, didn’t need a double for them, and indeed, they ended up making Jon Snow better at sword fighting than the character was supposed to be BECAUSE he was that good. That’s a pretty niche skill, and not one too many actors he’d up up against for these parts would probably be able to boast I’d think. I’m not surprised at all Marvel wanted him for the part.

Now, one thing I AM baffled by is D&D’s incredibly dumb interview or panel or whatever they gave. Jesus, what are they doing?! They already did huge damage to GOT’s legacy and their OWN in relation to it- are they actively TRYING to dismantle what’s left of it?! The internet is having an absolute field day with their quotes.

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2019 7:16 PM

I agree with you about Kit. He was the perfect Jon Snow and a lot better than people gave him credit for. Is he short? Yes but so effen what. So is Pacino, Cruise, Nicholson and so many top (both present and past) actors. Who cares?!!!

What I gathered from D&D panel discussion at the Austin Film Festival were these takeaways: 1) They had no idea what they were doing--they basically improvised. 2) They wrote for the actors and let the actors redefine the characters 3) They played down the fantasy components of the show to appeal to a wider audience (but I believe that was an HBO directive). 4) They allowed cast and issues with cast to dictate who would be killed off. No surprise that the actor who complained to them about getting killed off when his character is still alive in the books (the one who played Barristan Selmy) they were determined to kill off sooner than expected. Very petty.

by Anonymousreply 230October 28, 2019 8:59 PM

Did their dumb ass Q&A kill their Star Wars gig?

Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have exited their planned Star Wars series over a year since Disney and Lucasfilm first announced they were joining.

"We love Star Wars. When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything. But there are only so many hours in the day, and we felt we could not do justice to both Star Wars and our Netflix projects. So we are regretfully stepping away," Benioff and Weiss said in a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231October 29, 2019 4:06 AM

Yes, because Netflix is so much more prestigious than "Star Wars." Huh-uh. Suuuurrreee!

by Anonymousreply 232October 29, 2019 5:28 PM

Thank god!

by Anonymousreply 233October 29, 2019 5:28 PM

HBO declares prequel pilot starring Naomi Watts is dead:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 29, 2019 7:30 PM

HBO declares prequel pilot starring Naomi Watts is dead:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 29, 2019 7:30 PM

Yea this timing is weird

by Anonymousreply 236October 30, 2019 1:50 AM

The Targaryens prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGONS is a go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237October 30, 2019 2:11 AM

It's ordered to series!

by Anonymousreply 238October 30, 2019 2:33 AM

I've never understood prequels; we know how the story ends, what's the point? Can't they set something in a land we've not seen? Like a cross between Xena/Sinbad in Asshai (?).

by Anonymousreply 239October 30, 2019 2:50 AM

Moving back to actual gossip about the cast, a friend got tickets to see Slave Play on Broadway a couple of weeks ago and was sitting near Gwendoline Christie and Finn Jones, who were making out during the performance. Not gonna lie, I was kinda shocked. I was convinced he was in the glass closet. Maybe he’s bi? Also, WTF is the deal with Gwendoline’s relationship? Is she bearding, or is it just wide open?

by Anonymousreply 240October 30, 2019 3:30 AM

R240 do people really make out at Broadway shows? that's tacky

by Anonymousreply 241October 30, 2019 3:58 AM

R241 I guess that’s why my friend mentioned it. Nobody gives a crap about seeing actors in New York, but seeing two people from GoT all over each other during a play was noteworthy.

by Anonymousreply 242October 30, 2019 4:50 AM

celebs who make out in public like that want to be seen. They are either fame whores or closet cases that want to promote the myth they are straight,

by Anonymousreply 243October 30, 2019 11:09 AM

I’m sure the ‘Gwen and Nik are secretly a couple’ troll will resurface and say that just like Nikolaj’s wife this is just a smokescreen for their romance.

by Anonymousreply 244October 30, 2019 11:36 AM

Really? She was with her bf, that fashion designer (forgot his name) a few weeks ago in NYC. Are you sure that wasn't him rather than Finn Jones? She was photographed with her bf at shows they went to see when they were in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 245October 30, 2019 1:46 PM

Speaking of Nikolaj, I was on some gossip board a while back and someone in there claimed to have known two women who had been with him. One was around 2000 and then around 2012-14. They were not famous but from what this person was suggesting, he met them at work or work-related events. They were young, long brown hair, thin and supposedly, not proud of having been with him. (Maybe because he's married and they were guilty?) Take this with a huge grain of salt. Who knows if this is true or not.

by Anonymousreply 246October 30, 2019 1:53 PM

Didn't a woman supposedly masturbate watching Tom Hiddleston during a performance of "Betrayal?" Honestly, I don't believe that one either.

by Anonymousreply 247October 30, 2019 2:03 PM

R245 Her and Finn did meet up, so make of it what you will. Tbh, Gwen has form for getting freaky with costars. There’s a photo of her kissing Alfie from a GoT premiere a few years back, and then there’s obviously that infamous lap dance she gave Tom Hiddleston. If I remember correctly, there are also gifs from a comic con where it momentarily looks like she and Nikolaj are going to kiss whilst sat next to each other, then they remember they’re actually on-stage in front of thousands of people and pull away.

R246 Who knows about Nikolaj? I do know that he goes for long stretches of time without seeing his wife. Wouldn’t be the first marriage where there’s an “understanding”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 30, 2019 2:34 PM

Wonder if she offered to do a backstage lapdance for Tom Hiddelston at a recent performance of "Betrayal?" I hear he's actually very sexy in it (believe it or not).

I'd like to see that pic of her and Alfie. I guess her and her bf have an understanding.

by Anonymousreply 249October 30, 2019 3:39 PM

Please no vanilla boring fug naomi watts !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 250October 30, 2019 3:43 PM

The Naomi Watts GoT prequel pilot was killed by HBO.

by Anonymousreply 251October 30, 2019 3:58 PM

She has no game..

by Anonymousreply 252October 30, 2019 4:07 PM

Eh, "House of Dragons" sounds like a lame idea. It's too close in time to the events of "GoT", so everything that happens will seem insignificant compared to the extinction-level threat of the Night's King that we know is coming up in a few generations. Plus the whole Targarya Conquest thing is outlined in GRRM's spin-off book "Fire and Blood", which was a history of the Targaryans from the destruction of Valeria to about a hundred years before the reign of Joffrey, First of His Name.

It's a fun book in its way, reads like a history but with dragons and incest and other fun stuff, but none of the stuff in the book is the kind of epic personal drama that made "GoT" so great. And if they don't go by the book and just make shit up, we geeks will be pissed!

by Anonymousreply 253October 30, 2019 4:43 PM

Yeah, fuck off, R27. Gwendoline is a queen.

by Anonymousreply 254October 30, 2019 4:54 PM

According to a Vanity Fair Reporter, D&D were fired by Disney back in May right after the airing of the finale.

by Anonymousreply 255October 30, 2019 9:34 PM

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Joanna Robinson is kind of a nutcase. Some of her pieces on Game of Thrones come off a bit unhinged. She said so on her podcast as well and its already been taken down.

by Anonymousreply 256October 30, 2019 9:40 PM

She said she's a nutcase on her podcast?

by Anonymousreply 257October 30, 2019 11:30 PM

R240, that's really interesting. I do remember some things on his Insta stories then, some of which were deleted before the usual 24 hour period was up. One was a shot where he mentioned seeing that play and was praising it. Another was a shot showing him clearly with Gwen that he took down a very short time later and replaced with a photo just showing the upper half of their faces. Then several hours later he also took down the shot where he mentioned seeing the play. It was also interesting that Gwen's own Instagram didn't mention or show anything about them meeting up as she has usually been more open about her friendship with him in the past. She was one of the cast members who made the most public show of support back in 2017 when he was getting criticised online during the Iron Fist press tour.

I do think he is bi rather than exclusively gay or straight, as I am sure he has been with guys, but there have been a couple of genuine looking girlfriends in the past too. While he and Gwen have been close for a long time, I had never heard rumours about them hooking up, but I did wonder last year if something might possibly have happened, mainly because when she opened a public Instagram she followed almost everyone from the cast except him, even though they were very close back in the days of making GoT, so it seemed like a pointed snub and made me wonder if they had had some hook up that didn't go well. But then they met up at a convention and she began following him, and after that they seemed like they got along as well as ever, so maybe that didn't signify anything in itself.

I could certainly see him as someone bi/fluid who is quite relaxed about hooking up with friends of both genders on a casual basis, as well as having more meaningful relationships with both. I would imagine he and Gwen are more friends with benefits than anything serious though.

Here is the shot that he posted and quickly deleted the night they went to the play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 31, 2019 1:23 AM

R258 well, it’s not the best picture of Gwen. Maybe she saw it and made him take it down?

by Anonymousreply 259October 31, 2019 2:12 AM

I’m not sure if I buy that GC and FJ were hooking up not because I think it’s impossible for it to happen but mainly because of how it supposedly happened. Even if she’s a beard/has an open relationship with her partner I think she’d be more discreet. With that said, I won’t accuse anyone of lying either so I guess it’s just one of those things where some will believe it, some won’t and call it a day. I do think it’s interesting though that it seemed like they could have had some sort of “thing” in the past, especially with the whole Instagram thing, I think it’s possible.

by Anonymousreply 260October 31, 2019 2:13 AM

Considering her boyfriend was with her in NYC in October, I find it odd but who knows what goes on with people.

by Anonymousreply 261October 31, 2019 2:16 AM

About GC and NCW, I think something went down with them. If it was a full blow affair or a one time thing, If it’s over or if it still happens, I don’t know, but I think it’s fairly obvious there’s some attraction there, especially from his side. I also side eye people who behave in weird ways when there’s supposedly nothing to hide from anybody, so the fact they seem to be so close in real life (and it’s quite obvious they are) while trying to maintain an almost cold distance publicly is indication that *something* probably happened, especially when there was a shift in their behavior (going from normally interactions on social media to weird coldness, especially in contrast with their close relationship in real life). And I don’t think real life fans shipping them is the reason. Some fans ship him with LH as well (to the point where they actually tagged his daughters and wife in some weird af posts calling his wife all kinds of names) and that never stopped him from acting normally towards her, either on social media or social events. with GC, is the opposite: an apparently very close bond in real life (to the point where they went out with their married/in a long term relationship colleague to an explicit play just the two of them) while pretending they are mere acquaintances on social media. It’s not as if Instagram and Twitter means everything, but it does pick my attention, this sort of discrepancy.

by Anonymousreply 262October 31, 2019 2:20 AM

Trouble in paradise for Kit and Rose? I'm shocked. I tell you, I'm shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 31, 2019 2:34 AM

R259, LOL, that could be the case.

R260, I understand what you mean about the public aspect, I am surprised they would be that blatant considering her public relationship status. While I do think her relationship with Giles is open, and he is as happy with that as she is, they have never said this in public and do seem keen to be perceived as a solid couple, as R261 says they went to various events in NYC together recently. She has also benefited a great deal in the fashion world from being seen as his partner and being able to make connections through him, so it would not be good PR for her to be seen with another guy so openly. Maybe they were joking around rather than making out in a serious way?

R262, I wouldn't be surprised if Gwen and Nikolaj had been involved at some point. As you say, his interactions with her have been quite different to the ones he has had with Lena, despite Lena also playing an onscreen love interest and being a good friend. They also seemed to be trying too hard to claim that filming the scene of Jaime and Brienne hooking up was unpleasant, comments about sending vomit emojis and things like that.

by Anonymousreply 264October 31, 2019 2:35 AM

[R262] Oh give me a break. I saw an "explicit" play a few weeks ago with a married friend of mine. Actually, I've seen several plays with him that have had dubious content. But then I don't make out with him during the show. He's an old pal and his wife is not that much of a theater fan.

by Anonymousreply 265October 31, 2019 2:40 AM

[R262] Filming a love/sex scene in front of 50 people, with the director yelling at you both in the background, is never pleasant or easy, even if you're filming the scene with I don't know, Brad Pitt or Chris Hemsworth. It's unpleasant and unnatural, very choreographed and unsexy. I don't know one actor who likes doing it.

I used to be an actor years ago. I worked in theater and on sets (both film and TV). I've acted in love/sex scenes and seen them filmed. They're always awful to shoot particularly if the director is yelling at you both, "Passion! I want to see passion!"

About Nikolaj, I just find him very insincere and egotistical. Most actors are when talking to the press. They have no choice but he seems especially so. All that crap he spouted about how satisfied he was with the way his story arc ended and then gaslighting the fans over their dislike of the finale, saying they would never have been satisfied so of course they're acting out--just irked me.

by Anonymousreply 266October 31, 2019 2:55 AM

That has to be the frauiest frau website i've ever seen at R263's link.

by Anonymousreply 267October 31, 2019 3:02 AM

R258 Considering Gwen was once alleged to have been all but fucking two guys at a GoT party some years back, and absolutely nobody batted an eyelid, I’m going to agree that her and Finn could easily have a casual thing going on. I get serious pansexual vibes from her anyway.

R262 The theatre thing isn’t a massive deal. What I’ve found to be more telling over recent years is how careful they are with each other on social media, while at the same time they are physically incapable of not talking about each other in interviews. It’s like a fucking compulsion, to the point that other cast members take the piss. Their body language around each other is almost embarrassing as well. I mean you can fake a lot of things, but I’ve seen them BOTH blush when talking about each other.

The snippet from an interview in the link is a trip. Especially Gwen’s facepalm and Nikolaj’s momentary ‘Oh fuck! What have I said’ face. I really think they’ve been on and off for years.

R263 I mean it speaks volumes that Kit’s marriage is on the rocks now he’s sober.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 31, 2019 3:37 AM

R262 they always bring each other up in interviews, R262, and not only when talking about their scenes together, but like when NCW was asked about his Emmy nomination and the first thing he says: I was just on the phone with Gwen, etc. It’s cute that they get along, but they clearly play it up for fans, and it’s annoying. Like this interview is a total overkill:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 31, 2019 3:50 AM

Nikolaj is booked for many cons in 2020. He was one of the highest paid actors on tv. Does he need money so badly? I think he craves attention. His new movies won't give him the fame he seeks. Suicide Tourist has bombed already and he looks ugly as shit in it.

by Anonymousreply 270October 31, 2019 4:31 AM

Nik constantly works which is shocking to me. Of course, those films barely end up in U.S. theaters, but he is not wanting for work. I think he realistically can see a time where his opportunities dry up so he wants a steady stream of money coming in. That's smart.

by Anonymousreply 271October 31, 2019 4:49 AM

There's people who pay to meet sisterfucker?

by Anonymousreply 272October 31, 2019 5:08 AM

This Gods of Egypt asshole charges so much. Who does he think he is? Kit Harington?

by Anonymousreply 273October 31, 2019 5:15 AM

Lol R273 even Kit Harington’s mum doesn’t want to see Kit Harington.

by Anonymousreply 274October 31, 2019 7:07 AM

“GRRM has no complaints” (R213). GRRM will be the judge of that.

by Anonymousreply 275October 31, 2019 10:10 AM

Re Kit's sobriety and people doubting he's actually sober these days- people were tweeting about seeing him out with Angelina Jolie on Monday night in Spain. Apparently when drinks started happening he said no to partaking and left at that point. Fair play to the guy, I think he really does seem to really be taking it seriously. (Also, I say he was out with Angelina, others possibly/probably were there too? I don’t know, the tweets were extremely light on any kind of detail and the person tweeting from the restaurant was really only excited about Angelina. They only mentioned Kit in the context of him saying no to drinks and then leaving.)

by Anonymousreply 276October 31, 2019 12:46 PM

Nikolaj is jealous Kit has a role in the mcu. He was begging Marvel for many years but they weren't interested.

He bought a house in Hollywood because David and Dan promised him a role in Star Wars. Now that's not happening. He's not getting the hollywood blockbuster roles he wanted and is stuck doing independent danish films.

by Anonymousreply 277October 31, 2019 3:01 PM

I see his PR is hard at work, trying to convince everyone that he is really sober.

by Anonymousreply 278October 31, 2019 3:02 PM

R278 I’m not sure whether you’re suggesting I’m Kit’s PR in posting about the tweets I saw, or random Spanish person is in writing those tweets, but I assure you, even not knowing random Spanish person at all I think I can safely speak for both of us when I say that you’d be wrong on both counts. I’m nobody’s PR, and RSP cared a lot more about Angelina than they did Kit!

Also, there’s been different receipts the last couple months about Kit not drinking at various different occasions. Is it impossible to believe he might actually be trying to make a serious go of staying sober? I don’t know the guy, I can't say I KNOW he actually is managing it, but he certainly LOOKS like he’s in a better and healthier place than he’s been in years, and from the bits we’ve heard it seems (at least to me) like he’s sincerely trying. I say bravo and good luck to him in that. I hope he really has turned things around and it lasts for him.

by Anonymousreply 279October 31, 2019 7:30 PM

Frankly, it is impossible to believe that someone would be so interested in Kit unless they were paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 280October 31, 2019 11:12 PM

R280 Ha! Sadly, no. I like the guy and don’t need a financial incentive to, but I can’t say I’d mind some of those GOT $$ coming my way either 😆

by Anonymousreply 281November 1, 2019 11:28 AM

his private dates alone starting at 5 grande for a rim will carry him onto the forbes list soon....

by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2019 12:55 PM

R266 - Re the love sceunes, something of an aside, I once saw an interview with Julie Andrews, who was talking about a bed scene between her and Paul Newman in Hitchcock's "Torn Curtain". Andrews was saying the same thing, people didn't realize how NOT erotic those scenes were to shoot, but then said, except for that love scene she filmed in Torn Curtain in bed with with Paul Newman, because when she got out of the bed, her legs were trembling.

I've never gotten the furore over Kit. He looks like a member of a second-rate 1960s rock group to me - he could have been one of The Monkees.

by Anonymousreply 283November 1, 2019 1:03 PM

I will pay ten if he throws in cumwads down my throat.

by Anonymousreply 284November 1, 2019 1:43 PM

"I've never gotten the furore over Kit. He looks like a member of a second-rate 1960s rock group to me - he could have been one of The Monkees."

Not an insult. I loved the Monkees. They were so cute in their heyday.

by Anonymousreply 285November 1, 2019 1:50 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to learn NCW wants to sign on to a franchise. I don't think he's "jealous of Kit" but I can definitely see him wanting in on Star Wars, or MCU or anything else that would up his profile. I think his age works against him. Looking at him in Season 1 of GoT and then in Season 8, yeah, I know a lot of it is make up, but a lot of it isn't. I do have to say that he just doesn't seem to "work" on the big screen. Gods ofEgypt was horrific shit. I think I saw him in a Rom Com with Cameron Diaz that was stupid even for a Rom Com. He does really well on TV but not, IMO in movies. Either he picks shitty roles (which is true) or he wasn't meant to be a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 286November 1, 2019 1:57 PM

I think what really hurt him was when he fired his manager. Supposedly, she was the one who opened doors for him, who helped him get the GoT role and the parts he landed in U.S. movies. He made a big mistake firing her. Apparently, she is well regarded in Hollywood and I wonder if he got blackballed as a result of sacking her and then refusing to pay her the money he owed her.

Finn Jones is straight? On what planet?

by Anonymousreply 287November 1, 2019 2:08 PM

I wonder what the Game of Thrones cast thinks of the new Game of Thrones Targaryen prequel that was just greenlighted by HBO to series? And, the Star Wars/D&D flap? Jimmy Fallon asked Emilia about it when she was on his show the other night. She was tongue-tied about it and seemed very shocked.

by Anonymousreply 288November 1, 2019 2:12 PM

Most of these press interviews have been monitored, vetted and pre-rehearsed. Not to mention there's always a publicist standing by to run interference if an actor is asked a question in which he/she has no prefabricated response or will not lead to positive messaging for the show and actor.

by Anonymousreply 289November 1, 2019 2:52 PM

R288 to clarify, Emilia wasn’t asked about D&D or SW, only about the prequel and the possibility she could be in it, and she said she didn’t know anything about that, and that it was set 300 yes prior to GOT and “spoiler alert: I’m no longer alive.” But she did say that the news popped up in the GOT chat.

by Anonymousreply 290November 1, 2019 4:18 PM

Actually, Melisandre, who is about a few hundred years old, is the only character from the flagship series, who could conceivably appear in "House of Dragon."

by Anonymousreply 291November 1, 2019 5:43 PM

R285 - That's my point: they were "cute". That's what Kit is: cute in a teen heartthrob way, nothing more.

R283

by Anonymousreply 292November 2, 2019 12:26 PM

R249 - "Wonder if she offered to do a backstage lapdance for Tom Hiddelston at a recent performance of "Betrayal?" I hear he's actually very sexy in it (believe it or not)."

I saw it on Broadway in September, and given the forgettable performances of the other two cast members (no matter what the blinkered NY TIMES reviewer said about Ashton, and Cox was boring in what is, essentially, a boring part - the disappointing love - the real game is between the cuckholded husband and his wife and traitorous friend), Hiddleston was the most charismatic thing on stage. He does have a peculiar charm of his own, but the role is one of bitterness and irony, not sensuality. I wouldn't have called him "very sexy" in the part by a long shot. Good, yes; clearly the star, yes; but "very sexy"? Not.

No one near me was either making out or getting himself off in the audience when I saw it. The quiet was nearly reverential, unusual these days. After all, how often in this life do you get to sit 30 feet from an Asgardian princeling?

by Anonymousreply 293November 2, 2019 12:36 PM

Maisie has something new coming out and Sophie, if she'd focus could do some good work. Emilia was quoted in some interview as wanting to only do Indie work, not big budget Marvel type bullshit. But that is the only "gossip" I've read recently. I do believe the only cast member who will not do well at all will be Isaac. He has very little talent. Unless D&D try to keep him employed. Hell he can work on Netflix projects for the next ten years.

by Anonymousreply 294November 4, 2019 10:33 PM

I've seen trailers for Emilia's romantic flick "last christmas" with the asian lead from Crazy, rich asians...zero chemistry.

Tom Wlaschiha is in Amazon's Jack Ryan (season 2), he plays the bad guy and kisses a man. He was good in it.

by Anonymousreply 295November 4, 2019 10:51 PM

R294 Much like Jack Gleeson, I think Isaac is probably going to take a step back from acting and might even restart his degree. I see others taking a sideway step too. Lena has already moved into directing and Maisie has her app. If Sophie doesn’t stop shovelling shit up her nose then she won’t make 30. Emilia will be fine. She’s not the best actress, but she’s likeable and has a good team around her. Kit might have some longevity if he can keep himself clean. That might be easier said than done if Rose’s family is proving problematic though.

Nikolaj self-sabotages himself with stuff like the shit he pulled with his ex-manager, so I’m not going to be surprised if he falls off the map. It always strikes me that he’s a gifted character actor who was cursed with movie star looks. Maybe ageing out of them will actually benefit him? Conleth was the best fucking actor on the show. He will NEVER be out of work. I don’t think Peter gives a shit. He’s got enough money now to do the odd indie and become virtually anonymous. Gwendoline has the smarts to move into producing or writing, but I get the impression she’s going to move back into her comfort zone of stage work.

What happened to Natalie Dormer? There were all sorts of rumours about her being a coke addict and fucking around. I think she split from her partner a while back.

by Anonymousreply 296November 5, 2019 12:47 AM

Gwendolyn will have trouble finding parts, she is so tall! Maybe she can play an assassin or dominatrix...

by Anonymousreply 297November 5, 2019 3:55 AM

[quote]What happened to Natalie Dormer? There were all sorts of rumours about her being a coke addict and fucking around. I think she split from her partner a while back.

Before their split, my friend attended a Q&A for the movie Natalie and her boyfriend wrote. My friend said the boyfriend was condescending toward Natalie and always cut her off and corrected her. This is the movie she asked Ed Skrein (the first Daario) to star in as her love interest. I could see her cheating on her boyfriend for Skrein.

[quote]Tom Wlaschiha is in Amazon's Jack Ryan (season 2), he plays the bad guy and kisses a man. He was good in it

I guess I have to watch. I watched the boring CROSSING LINES for him.

by Anonymousreply 298November 5, 2019 4:04 AM

Jason Momoa is in apple tv's See. My co-worker is watching it now, he will give me a review soon.

by Anonymousreply 299November 5, 2019 4:41 AM

R298 I was considering going to a Q&A for it, but a few hours prior the theatre announced they weren't going. I checked the seats, only a handful sold. Caught it on VOD. OOF.

by Anonymousreply 300November 5, 2019 6:00 AM

R260 yeah reads like frau fanfic, that frau likely saw that pic and made it all up about them hooking up.

by Anonymousreply 301November 5, 2019 6:14 AM

I was looking at Ja'qen H'gar's IMDB page, and he looks like he's working. I think he makes a very good character actor, his screen presence is strong. He's memorable. Richard Madden, Kit, and Alfie Allen will do well in their careers, so will Maisie and Emilia. Emilia comes across as so likeable on talk shows.

Some of the GoT actors will discover they do much better on TV than in movies. Not all of them are marquee names. The guy no one seems to talk about is Rory McCann. I really hope he does well. I thought he was stellar in his role. He do well as the lead in a British Detective Series. They could set it in Scotland or Wales, or Northern Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 302November 5, 2019 11:11 AM

I saw Conleth in a play a couple of weeks ago. Very strong actor, though he struggled a bit with his lines and had to verbally call for a prompt twice during a long monologue, something I’ve rarely seen.

by Anonymousreply 303November 5, 2019 12:05 PM

R298, Natalie and her ex were engaged for a long time before they parted ways, the fact that they both seemed disinclined to get married was a huge red flag plus she was pretty open saying the movie they did together led to a lot arguing between them.

Last I heard she was with her Venus In Fur co-star David Oakes. Not sure if they are still together or not.

by Anonymousreply 304November 5, 2019 12:15 PM

Natalie is still with Oakes. She was photographed holding hands with him in LA a few weeks ago.

Speaking of Natalie, someone mentioned Rory earlier. And I have to say, the most hilarious photo of Natalie I've seen was the one with her and Rory at a dinner following the NY premiere of "Game of Thrones" this past April. The shot featured her and Rory having a very animated conversation (complete with gestures) over dinner. It made me sad there were no Margery/Hound scenes because that shot was so funny.

Rory was wonderful and so underrated as The Hound. I read he can be very reclusive when he's not working--preferring to sail off on his boat in solitude.

I agree Isaac probably won't be working a lot in the future. But I also think given what he made on GoT, he probably won't need to work another day in his life. I do think he'll be going back to school. He's mentioned that in interviews. BTW, the photo of him and his girlfriend at the Emmys was so adorable.

I can see Gwendolyn as a James Bond villain/assassin. Her height is a big problem. But she's very intelligent and she'll probably parlay her smarts into working behind the scenes although I agree with the poster who said she'll probably be doing more stage work.

Lastly, you'll kill me. But I think Emilia's romcom film will do very well. It seems very cute and light--perfect for this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 305November 5, 2019 12:35 PM

[quote]had to verbally call for a prompt twice during a long monologue, something I’ve rarely seen

How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 306November 5, 2019 1:31 PM

Emilia has been superthin lately, almost unhealthily so. I wonder why her weight seem to fluctuate so much. Is she slimming for a role or what? And it’s strange how she always goes out of her way to announce that she is SINGLE!

by Anonymousreply 307November 5, 2019 1:55 PM

yes, Tom Wlaschiha was also in a TV series Das Boots. I watched it with my partner, we both enjoyed it. He's a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 308November 5, 2019 2:42 PM

"had to verbally call for a prompt twice during a long monologue, something I’ve rarely seen."

Who did this?

by Anonymousreply 309November 5, 2019 3:59 PM

R309 Varys! Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 310November 5, 2019 4:40 PM

Whoa! He's not that old to be forgetting his lines like that.

by Anonymousreply 311November 5, 2019 5:22 PM

R303 That could just as easily be a sign of lack of rehearsal time.

R307 Emilia is puzzling. I was convinced it was a case of joint bearding when she was dating Seth Macfarlane, but Charlie McDowell supposedly cheated on her and that’s how the relationship ended.

by Anonymousreply 312November 5, 2019 6:53 PM

I also believe Emilia was very self conscious about Kit Harington. Lunatic fans are still trying to insist they were fucking or had a secret long term relationship. Emilia is friends with Rose Leslie and she went to great lengths to publicly discourage that ind of gossip. Plus. Maybe Emilia and Kit hooked up for s second before he met Rosie, but once Emilia figured out that Kit could stay sober...or faithful... she walked away. Plus she had really serious health issues. Brain aneurysms, strokes, etc. and I don't think she was thinking about a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 313November 5, 2019 9:30 PM

Emilia figured out Kit could NOT stay sober, etc.

by Anonymousreply 314November 5, 2019 9:31 PM

[quote]Some of the GoT actors will discover they do much better on TV than in movies. Not all of them are marquee names. The guy no one seems to talk about is Rory McCann. I really hope he does well. I thought he was stellar in his role. He do well as the lead in a British Detective Series. They could set it in Scotland or Wales, or Northern Ireland.

He was good in Slow West with Fassbender and Ben Mendelsohn.

by Anonymousreply 315November 6, 2019 12:03 AM

R305 For Emilia’s sake, I hope the movie-going public is kinder to the movie than most reactions I’ve seen so far (the reviews started dropping last night). They’ll have to be in order for your prediction to come true! In fairness I haven’t seen TONS of reactions to it but the ones I’ve seen have been pretty harsh. But regarding it being perfect for this time of year, I don’t know…. SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD: It seems it ISN’T exactly the light and fluffy romance it’s been billing itself as. (Which, honestly, not a huge surprise? Seems most of the internet had figured it out anyway from the time of the first trailer. I know I had. But it might put people off all the same. I know it put me off when I realised, although I like both Emilia and Henry. I guess I’ll probably check it out at some stage. I just know I’m not in the mood for what the story actually is at this time of year.)

by Anonymousreply 316November 6, 2019 6:51 PM

So what exactly is the movie about? Please spill.

by Anonymousreply 317November 6, 2019 7:32 PM

R317, the movie is called "Last Christmas". a romance movie during the holidays, typical predictable flick with ice skating and no doubt happy ending...supposed to make you all fuzzy inside. Guys will bring their dates for sure...

by Anonymousreply 318November 6, 2019 7:42 PM

Well, it's clear from the trailer that the female lead, Emilia's character has some kind of medical condition and is trying to get back on her feet. Other than that it is probably some predictable sentimental dreck. So what. It's a romCom set during the holidays. Didn't Emilia also have some Rom Com out a couple years ago where some guy confined to a wheelchair fell in love with her? I liked Henry Golding at first. Then I kept seeing him in stuff and now I decided he is too....something. He reminds me of Henry Cavill...not physically, but the fact is he seems like he's a pretty face with no personality. He's...vacant. And unlike Cavill, this Henry seems annoying.

by Anonymousreply 319November 7, 2019 3:45 AM

You're talking about "Me Before You," which Emilia did a few years ago. That did surprisingly well.

by Anonymousreply 320November 7, 2019 4:23 PM

R320 how did it do “surprisingly” well? It’s a movie based on a bestselling novel with two leads hot from other hits (Emilia from GoT and Sam Claflin from Hunger Games). Hustlers did surprisingly well, Me Before You did predictably well.

by Anonymousreply 321November 7, 2019 4:48 PM

So did anyone see "Last December?" How did it do at the box office?

This is completely unrelated but does anyone remember that outrageous Charles Dance/Lena Headey blind item from a few years ago? The one that talked about two actors who played father and daughter in a show (that was obviously Game of Thrones) and had acted before, were having a hot and heavy May/December romance. The BI also hinted the older man was the father of the younger woman's new baby. Now, we know that the latter isn't true because apparently, Lena's estranged husband was the father. But this was an insane BI. And Dance is known for liking them a whole lot younger.

by Anonymousreply 322November 11, 2019 12:35 PM

From CDAN: Blind Items Revealed #1 October 31, 2019

This foreign born A-/B+ list mostly movie actress who is an Oscar winner/nominee turned down multiple movies because of a television show she thought she would be doing. Apparently what was proposed to the network didn't involve enough sex and nudity, so they went with something else.

Naomi Watts/Game Of Thrones prequel

by Anonymousreply 323November 11, 2019 4:46 PM

HBO, CEO of Tits and Ass has stated its boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 324November 11, 2019 5:37 PM

R322 I vaguely remember that blind, yeah. Wouldn’t be entirely surprised owing to Dance’s track record. He was alleged to be one of guys copping off with Gwendoline during the S5 premiere too.

Speaking of outrageous blind items, does anyone remember the ones that hinted GoT actresses were commanding large sums of money ‘yachting’?

by Anonymousreply 325November 11, 2019 6:40 PM

Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) supposedly yachted and got her job via the casting couch--if you believe CDAN....

by Anonymousreply 326November 12, 2019 6:02 PM

CDAN has featured a lot of anti-Emilia blinds, you can tell that Enty really does not like her. Given the rumour mentioned earlier in the thread about Amanda Peet being one of Enty's sources, could it be that Amanda also dislikes Emilia (maybe because of her friendship with Benioff?) and is sending things (whether real or fake) to him to use on the site?

by Anonymousreply 327November 12, 2019 9:35 PM

I think its more likely made-up shit from angry fans than Amanda Peet, who I imagine has more important things to do then collude on a gossip site with the intent to smear an actress who worked for her husband.

by Anonymousreply 328November 12, 2019 10:40 PM

I saw Conleth in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" a few years ago. He was mighty fine out there.

by Anonymousreply 329November 17, 2019 2:46 AM

My sister lives by NCW’s apartment in LA. She’s seen people coming and going, surprisingly he’s kind of a party animal. He doesn’t keep bad company, or age inappropriate company, but there’s always people coming and going at all hours.

by Anonymousreply 330November 17, 2019 3:03 AM

Apparently Kit gets a bit friendly when he’s drunk, meaning he’ll grab the ass of whoever’s closest regardless of gender.

by Anonymousreply 331November 17, 2019 3:04 AM

He doesn't have to be drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 17, 2019 4:07 AM

Is he living there alone then, R330? Wasn’t there some noise recently about him moving the whole family to America? If he’s living in LA full time and his wife stays in Denmark, does it mean that they are effectively separated?

by Anonymousreply 333November 17, 2019 6:38 AM

Joe Dempsie is so cute. What's his deal? Who is he dating? Where in the UK is he from? I notice his accent is NOT the accent he used on GoT. But then, most of the actors save for a few didn't use their own accents, which I found so interesting.

Nikolaj lives with his family full-time in Denmark. He has that part-time house in LA (I believe). He made a pilot for Fox, which has yet to be picked up. He's going to be doing a play at LA's Geffen Playhouse next summer. I think he's in Denmark right now shooting another Danish movie. He's made many Danish movies since GoT wrapped. I'm pretty sure they don't pay half of what he could get in an American production.

by Anonymousreply 334November 17, 2019 12:20 PM

How old are his kids, maybe his wife is taking care of his kids while they are in school. It's probably a better environment to grow up in...

by Anonymousreply 335November 17, 2019 5:55 PM

[quote]Where in the UK is he from? I notice his accent is NOT the accent he used on GoT. But then, most of the actors save for a few didn't use their own accents

He's a Liverpudlian. Other than the obvious cast members with other accents like the Scottish, Irish, Danish and Norwegian cast members, the one, to me, who had the most surprising accent was Dean-Charles Chapman who played Tommen. Hardcore Cockney accent on that one. Same with Jacob Anderson who played Greyworm.

[quote]How old are his kids, maybe his wife is taking care of his kids while they are in school. It's probably a better environment to grow up in...

19 and 16.

by Anonymousreply 336November 17, 2019 6:06 PM

R334, Did you watch Berlin Station 3? He's in it. I am so sad they cancelled Berlin Station.

by Anonymousreply 337November 17, 2019 6:08 PM

R333 I think he’s living alone, she’s never seen the wife or kids, but he apparently goes back and forth between Denmark and LA a lot. Maybe the reason he parties a lot is to take his mind off of the sadness of being away from his wife and kids for work.

by Anonymousreply 338November 17, 2019 6:20 PM

I know this is off topic but has anyone heard/read when the GoT Targaryen prequel will air on HBO? I really wonder who will be cast in this.

by Anonymousreply 339November 17, 2019 7:11 PM

Has she seen anyone famous, R338? Any of his GoT cast mates?

by Anonymousreply 340November 17, 2019 11:27 PM

I think Nikolaj and his wife are still together, but the kids are the main reason for it. There’s no way her not bothering to turn up to anything GoT related for nearly a decade didn’t do irreparable damage to that marriage, especially when it took him away from home for longish periods of time and it’s THE job that paid the mortgage off. I just think they have an arrangement.

Knowing Nikolaj and his unwillingness to part with his money after the debacle with his ex-manager, I can see him being really reticent to divorce in Denmark seen as it’s a given that all of his assets would have to be split down the middle if he files there. That’s what makes the impulse purchase of the house in LA kind of interesting. If he can prove he’s been habitually living there for a while, he can file there. In spite of the ‘community property’ laws in California, it’s generally a bit easier to hide your assets in the US. Also, I vaguely remember reading that there’s a quirk of Danish law that means divorce obtained there isn’t legally recognised abroad.

by Anonymousreply 341November 17, 2019 11:43 PM

R340 Apparently Peter and Kit, but we’re under the assumption that whenever he sees Gwen (which is probably often, given how close they are) it’s a going-out sort of thing rather than a hang-out-at-home sort of thing. I think they like dining together.

by Anonymousreply 342November 18, 2019 1:55 AM

R342 wasn’t Gwen seen recently in NYC sucking face with another GOT guy?

by Anonymousreply 343November 18, 2019 2:53 AM

R343 Dunno, but I think it’d be interesting to see Joe and Gwen hook up. A super tall girlfriend and a super short boyfriend. Fun times.

by Anonymousreply 344November 18, 2019 3:44 AM

R344 why not Peter then

by Anonymousreply 345November 18, 2019 7:52 AM

R345 Because Peter is happily married.

by Anonymousreply 346November 18, 2019 8:03 AM

Nikolaj is also happily married, and yet.

by Anonymousreply 347November 18, 2019 8:10 AM

During Dax Shepherd's podcast Emilia admits there were times she was pressured into nudity on the show but she pushed back. She also said Jason Momoa would stand up for her.

One person Clarke unequivocally praised, however, was Jason Momoa.“He took care of me,” Clarke said. “He really, really—in an environment where I didn’t know I needed to be taken care of.”

“It’s only now that I realize how fortunate I was with that,” Clarke added. “Because Jason had experience; he was an experienced actor who had done a bunch of stuff before coming on to this. He was like [in her goofy “Jason Momoa” voice], ‘Sweetie, this is how it’s meant to be, and this is how it’s not meant to be, and I’m gonna make sure that that’s the fucking case.’” She recalled moments during filming when Momoa would say things like, “Can we get her a fucking robe? Can we get her a goddamn robe? She’s shivering!” In short? “He was so kind and considerate and cared about me as a human being.”

by Anonymousreply 348November 19, 2019 9:05 PM

And my attraction to Momoa gets that much stronger...

by Anonymousreply 349November 19, 2019 9:24 PM

R348 and my respect for Momoa just shot through the sky.

by Anonymousreply 350November 19, 2019 9:34 PM

R348 that anecdote is not a good look for the GoT crew

by Anonymousreply 351November 19, 2019 9:34 PM

Trying to goad her into nudity by telling her she doesn't want to disappoint the fans was crazy. Her tits aren't all that. She's no Natalie Dormer.

by Anonymousreply 352November 19, 2019 9:54 PM

HBO is surely to blame but in my opinion Disaster and Diarrhea are likely the true villains here. Poor girl. Girls. The Ros actress and others have spoken up in the past, too. The nudity and rape scenes were excessive and totally unnecessary. Kudos to Momoa for making her comfortable and giving her advice.

by Anonymousreply 353November 19, 2019 9:56 PM

The showrunners are gross little man-boys, so I’m not surprised. But Jason yelling at people to get her a robe sounds a bit dickish. It’s not the crew people’s fault that the perverted executives pressured her into nudity, and I’m sick of lower-rung laborers being attacked and blamed for the grossness and evilness of the uppers. It isn’t their fault.

by Anonymousreply 354November 20, 2019 1:17 AM

There a crew assigned for stuff like that. Just the way there is someone on hand to adjust wardrobe and makeup between scenes, the wardrobe person or set assistant should have has her robe at the ready. But I am not surprised there were people not doing their jobs considering Starbuck cups and water bottles were left in shots.

by Anonymousreply 355November 20, 2019 1:31 AM

Exactly R355. Anytime a nude scene is filmed, a robe should be ready as soon they call cut.

by Anonymousreply 356November 20, 2019 1:56 AM

Have none of you ever watched another series on HBO? A certain amount of nudity was expected, especially for a fantasy show targeted to a nerd fanbase. Niel Marshall, who directed Blackwater and Watchers On The Wall for GoT, directly discussed this several years back. Those of you trying to pin this as another reason to hate Benioff and Weiss really need to stop embarrassing yourselves. Clarke meant it as a harmless anecdote illustrating her inexperience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 20, 2019 2:53 AM

R357 idk, this quote sounds pretty sinister to me: "He took care of me,” Clarke said. “He really, really—in an environment where I didn’t know I needed to be taken care of.”

by Anonymousreply 358November 20, 2019 3:07 AM

Gwen talked about it as well

[quote]The very first day of filming the sword fight, Nikolaj and I still didn’t know each other that well. We’d been working with each other, so we had a sort of playful but antagonistic relationship, but we still hadn’t forged a very solid friendship. And then I was in such intense pain from the armor and wasn’t saying anything and continued to get up and do as much as I possibly could, and Nikolaj stepped in and said that I needed to have regular breaks, I needed to have the armor taken off.“

[quote] He really took care of me and was very brotherly toward me.

Not very well organized.

by Anonymousreply 359November 20, 2019 9:54 AM

At this point, the GoT cast has done so many interviews, they need to keep coming up with interesting anecdotes.

The ‘nudity pressure’ angle sounds like something Emilia knew would generate buzz.

by Anonymousreply 360November 21, 2019 3:10 AM

NCW securing the bag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 22, 2019 11:21 PM

R361 didn’t see it coming.

by Anonymousreply 362November 23, 2019 4:43 AM

Good for him. I hope it works out for him. I'm sure he doesn't want to do any more shit movies like "Another Woman," "Domino" or the "The God of Egypt." UGH.

I've read articles in which has expressed interest in doing more writing and producing. He has already co-written plays/screenplays with the writer friend who's part of this production company. One of these plays about a married couple was done in a staged reading in LA several years ago. Christie played the wife while NCW played the husband. And last year, I believe, another play was done by a Scandinavian theater troupe in NYC.

The movie about the Danish explorer, a series or movie based on a YA novel set in 1980s NYC and the crime podcast sound promising. Whether they will come to fruition, we will see.

by Anonymousreply 363November 23, 2019 2:11 PM

Setting this up is probably a good idea for his career. I’ve seen recent pictures of him and he’s ageing rapidly. Still hot, but those wrinkles mean that L’Oreal deal won’t last much longer. As with most production companies, it’s probably a means of hiding his money, particularly as it looks to be based in LA. Looks like he will be spending lots of time in the US after all. Hmmmm...

by Anonymousreply 364November 23, 2019 8:16 PM

NCW has a L’Oreal deal?

by Anonymousreply 365November 24, 2019 3:26 AM

NCW had a L'Oreal deal. Not anymore. His contract ended.

by Anonymousreply 366November 24, 2019 5:47 AM

Emilia Clarke recently started her own production company too. I think she'll be more successful than NCW.

by Anonymousreply 367November 24, 2019 5:50 AM

That's debatable. But, as with NCW, good for Emilia. I like her and hope it works out. But who knows if she'll be more successful than NCW. It also takes a good nose for projects, not just for yourself, to be able to turn a production company into a success.

by Anonymousreply 368November 24, 2019 6:36 PM

I'm not sure a movie about a Danish explorer, whom most Americans I bet have never heard of, will draw in the crowds. Although it might in Denmark, I guess.

But a series based on that YA novel set in 1980s NYC might.

by Anonymousreply 369November 24, 2019 6:38 PM

I see Mr Coster-Waldau is storing yet more of that GoT cash in the US. Very funny that he’s writing an article in the guise of saving the planet, when he’s actually just pimping a company he’s invested in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370November 28, 2019 11:23 PM

Why is that advertorial (which is what it is) in the Hollywood Reporter? It doesn't belong even if the author is an actor who starred in "Game of Thrones." That should be in a tech publication or one like Fast Company. Clearly, Nikolaj got paid by the maker of this brand to write this article as their ambassador. Yep. Another cash grab.

by Anonymousreply 371November 29, 2019 12:20 PM

I unfollowed his twitter and instagram. He's no longer interesting after GOT.

by Anonymousreply 372November 30, 2019 4:57 AM

Why are we still talking about Nikolaj? Surely there are cast members more interesting?

by Anonymousreply 373November 30, 2019 9:28 PM

The only worthwhile scene in the mediocre "The Death and Life of John F. Donovan".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 30, 2019 10:00 PM

That movie was released??? When? Straight to DVD?

by Anonymousreply 375November 30, 2019 10:38 PM

It was released in Canada months ago. Will be in limited release and available on video on demand in the U.S. on December 13th.

by Anonymousreply 376November 30, 2019 10:46 PM

If it's true that Richard Madden and Brandon Flynn broke up, I would like to condole Brandon for losing Madden's ass.

Madden was at the London premiere of 1917 which stars Dean-Charles Chapman who played Tommen. And who, if memory serves, is the only GOT cast members with a jack-off video on the net.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377December 8, 2019 3:33 AM

Gwen Christie, Peter Dinklage and Kit are the only actors from the last season to be nominated for Critics Choice Awards. Gwen is in Best Supporting Actress, Peter is in Best Supporting Actor and Kit in Best Actor.

by Anonymousreply 378December 8, 2019 8:25 PM

I'd nominate Alfie over Dinklage.

Dinklage is in a movie with Richard Gere where he (Dinklage), Walton Googins and Bradley Whitford each believe they are Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 9, 2019 1:17 AM

Kit was the only actor to be nominated for a Golden Globe for "Game of Thrones." Otherwise, the show was snubbed by the Globes. Nothing except the nomination for Kit.

by Anonymousreply 380December 9, 2019 5:21 PM

Normally, when a big blockbuster show (or film franchise) wraps up, they "back up the awards truck" and shower everyone involved with accolades. In fact, the Hollywood awards-giving bodies have a semi-official policy of holding off on the biggest awards until, until the whole production is finished.

But that pattern isn't working in the favor of "Game of Thrones", because the last season was such a shitshow that they can't possibly shower it with awards now! So all the awards that were held back against the final season will not be given at all.

by Anonymousreply 381December 9, 2019 5:55 PM

Kit’s nomination is such a bizarre thing. Is it the awards equivalent of a pity fuck?

by Anonymousreply 382December 9, 2019 6:29 PM

The Emmys were enough. Season 8 doesn't even deserve a gold star that you'd give to children. Total shitshow. A shame for the actors and crew who worked hard.

by Anonymousreply 383December 9, 2019 7:03 PM

NCW seems like he'd experiment. And Kit seems very nice and cute.

by Anonymousreply 384December 9, 2019 7:14 PM

My sister lives in London and she was sure she saw NCW and GH at a restaurant yesterday and it seemed like it was just the two of them (she didn’t see anyone else on the table), but his wife seems to be with him at the Global Citizen Prize today so I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 385December 13, 2019 6:45 PM

Who is G.H.?

by Anonymousreply 386December 13, 2019 6:50 PM

Gwendoline Christie.

by Anonymousreply 387December 13, 2019 6:52 PM

NCW does that UN goodwill ambassador schizzle. Part of the deal with that is that he projects the whole family man thing. It’s not that surprising his wife is with him. It’s usually his kids. What is fairly surprising is that she’s with him and he’s not wearing his wedding ring.

There’s talk of him and the Mrs meeting up with Gwen too. Either he’s planning a threesome, or shit’s getting serious and they’re all being very grown up about it, because outside of the odd awards show attendance, she’s never bothered with ANY of his GoT cast mates.

Still stand by the fact that this old blind is about Gwen and Nikolaj. There was someone here who mentioned knowing a crew member who believed something was going on between them a couple of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 13, 2019 8:07 PM

Wasn't there a rumor about NKW and Natalie Dormer?

by Anonymousreply 389December 13, 2019 8:39 PM

R389 No. The only reason they used to be seen at events together was because they had the same PR guy. Dormer’s too much of a coke-fuelled mess. Even for Nikolaj.

by Anonymousreply 390December 13, 2019 8:52 PM

Maybe he went to have dinner with his friend while the missus stayed at the hotel. I don't know. Who knows with these people.

Seriously, someone saw he wasn't wearing his wedding ring? Listen, I don't doubt he might have had a fling with Gwen Christie, the PA, the prop girl, the assistant producer, the intern, whomever. But if he went to that UN ceremony with the missus, I'm sure he was wearing a wedding ring. Come on. Even if he and the missus have "an arrangement," they'd still want to play it up for photo-op purposes.

by Anonymousreply 391December 13, 2019 8:53 PM

Natalie was too busy breaking up Taylor Kinney and Lady Gaga at that time. There are also rumors that she and her ex-fiancee had a really sick and twisted abusive relationship going on.

by Anonymousreply 392December 13, 2019 8:54 PM

Either he’s planning a threesome, or shit’s getting serious and they’re all being very grown up about it, because outside of the odd awards show attendance, she’s never bothered with ANY of his GoT cast mates."

Does she ever smile? She always wears the same grim expression in every photo. Does she have teeth? She was a beauty queen so I assume so.

by Anonymousreply 393December 13, 2019 9:00 PM

Nikolaj congratulating Gwendoline on her Critics Choice nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 13, 2019 9:03 PM

Sweet shot. They're wearing T-shirts designed by Gwen's partner Giles Deacon, whom I still have a hard time believing is straight.

by Anonymousreply 395December 13, 2019 9:05 PM

What the fuck is up with the Game Of Thrones curse? It seems like the only two actors doing well career wise outside of the show have been Richard Madden and (arguably) Kit Harrington. Literally every other cast member has only done direct to DVD/streaming schlock, despite the cast being full of massively talented actors. What's going on? It can't just be agents.

by Anonymousreply 396December 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Not really. The show was full of working journeymen actors like Iain Glenn, Liam Cunningham, Stephen Dillane, the guy who played Varys, etc. These actors may never become huge stars (although they're well known now because of GoT) but they work steadily.

You also forget about Jonathan Pryce, who played the High Sparrow. He's getting award nominations for his role in The Two Popes. He could get an Oscar nod, too.

by Anonymousreply 397December 13, 2019 9:57 PM

Emilia has had a better film career than Kit. Madden got a boost from BODYGUARD because his other post -GoT work was shit (Bastille Day, Ibiza, Oasis).

by Anonymousreply 398December 13, 2019 9:59 PM

R388 they always maintain that they are good friends, what’s so surprising that they are having dinner together when he’s in London? I mean, wasn’t Gwen seen making out with some other GoT guy when on a recent trip to NYC? And didn’t the insiders here say she gets quite chummy with pretty much every costar? Wasn’t she pictured having dinner with Kit Harington when doing some comic con together? Kit’s married too.

by Anonymousreply 399December 13, 2019 10:11 PM

Big deal she had dinner with Kit when they were doing Comic-Con. Why not? They were co-workers who were friends. (I still go out once in a while with former co-workers). I think they also share the same publicist.

by Anonymousreply 400December 13, 2019 10:14 PM

R400 by this logic, big deal she had dinner with Nikolaj when he was visiting her hometown?

by Anonymousreply 401December 13, 2019 10:22 PM

R391 Nope. Definitely no wedding ring in the pics. Make of it what you will.

R393 His wife is always very business-like. There’s big time Firth marriage vibes, who were separated way, way before the announcement today. For the love of God though, can someone stop her getting those fucking lip fillers?!

R395 Giles follows a lot of leather gear accounts on Instagram...

R400 You do realise you’ve stumbled into a gossip site, right?

by Anonymousreply 402December 13, 2019 10:41 PM

"Giles follows a lot of leather gear accounts on Instagram."

What? More details. Wasn't there a blind item a while back about a GoT actress and her boyfriend who belonged to an S&M club?

by Anonymousreply 403December 13, 2019 11:14 PM

[402] Is that why she never smiles? Because of the lip fillers?

The Colin Firth and wife marriage was so odd. They remained together even after she cheated on him with a friend who blackmailed her? Was that it? (I read about it a long ago). Now there's a rumor that he also cheated on his wife. Lucky woman whom he cheated with.

by Anonymousreply 404December 13, 2019 11:26 PM

If I remember correctly, Colin and his wife separated then she began seeing her friend. When she and Colin got back together she cut it off and he attempted to blackmail her.

by Anonymousreply 405December 13, 2019 11:48 PM

R390 and R392, do you have more gossip on Dormer and what happened with her ex? I remember finding them such a strange match, very surprised that they lasted as long as they did. Going by the timing, I assume they finally broke up after she met David Oakes during that play they acted in during late 2017. Anyone know what were her relationships like with the rest of the GoT cast?

by Anonymousreply 406December 14, 2019 1:00 AM

Dormer seemed to have gotten along very well with the cast, especially Sophie Turner who adored her. There were rumors that she was standoffish on set though particularly with the extras.

As for her ex, someone said in another thread that he attended a Q&A Natalie and her ex did following a screening of a movie they wrote together. This is the same one in which the first Daario appeared in, playing Natalie's on-screen love interest. Anyway, according to this person, Natalie's ex was rude and condescending to her and would cut her off every time Natalie would speak.

There are LOTS of blind items on CDAN (yeah I know--dubious) about a GoT actress in an abusive relationship (who's also a meth addict). There was one in which the beau of the GoT actress smacked her around so hard she lost her teeth or had a black eye--something awful like that. I think Natalie might have been identified as the answer to one of these items.

She's now dating her "Venus in Furs" co-star David Oakes. Supposedly, she started seeing him while she was still technically with her ex. He found out about it and kicked her out of their home.

by Anonymousreply 407December 14, 2019 1:30 AM

Oh yeah and in addition to being a total cokehead (and snorts meth), Natalie (according to rumors) starves to stay thin (not shocking, I know), has fainted because she starve and drinks like a fish. Again, the latter is not surprising as she's English.

by Anonymousreply 408December 14, 2019 1:38 AM

Thanks R407/R408

by Anonymousreply 409December 14, 2019 1:44 AM

Just seen it on CDAN, this is clearly NCW and Gwendoline, I'm calling it:

#3 - The foreign born three named actor who was most recently seen on that long running pay cable show sleeps with his co-star from that show as often as he can sneak away from his wife or when she is not in LA.

He's been barely using his wedding ring too, some people have noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 410January 7, 2020 1:00 PM

About a week ago my best friend (obsessed with GOT) who lives in London swears by she saw NCW and Gwendolyne together on the street. I didn’t pay much attention then, but I did my research and apparently he was indeed in London to watch the Leeds game.

And no wedding ring... interesting....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411January 11, 2020 4:49 PM

The plot thickens... another blind from Enty:

The married foreign born three named A-/B+ list mostly television actor has taken his affair with his foreign born former co-star from London to Los Angeles. The pair were spotted together in LA this weekend.

She went to the Critics Choice this weekend (loved her outfit) and he was also spotted in LA. And he was just a few days ago in London... she lives there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 13, 2020 9:50 PM

Enty is on fire, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 413January 17, 2020 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!