Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 23

The boys are back in town!

Vancouver, that is.

They're quarantining as we speak, to finish up filming Season 15!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 11, 2020 6:29 AM

"Supernatural" Season 15 production is expected to resume later this month. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, who star as the Winchester brothers, are already in Vancouver, Canada, where filming for the CW series takes place.

Pictures of Padalecki and Ackles were uploaded by a Vancouver resident on his Instagram account on Monday. The actors made sure to follow COVID-19 protocols by wearing masks and social distancing.

"Social distance selfie," the fan captioned the image. "Had to be done. Known these guys for 12 years. Seems surreal that it’s coming to an end."

Although "Supernatural" is expected to restart filming on Aug. 18, as per the production list on the Directors Guild of Canada website, Ackles and Padalecki are already in the country as Canada’s law requires visitors to quarantine for 14 days, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms.

"Supernatural," which is on its final season, has been on hiatus since March amid the coronavirus pandemic. Filming has been completed through episode 18, and there is still post-production work to be done. The final two episodes have not yet been shot.

The cast has remained upbeat throughout the pandemic, with Ackles telling Entertainment Weekly that the break has given them an opportunity to recharge.

"Obviously, it's a horribly unfortunate situation we're in, but the silver lining is that it gives us an opportunity to recharge," Ackles said. "We had just finished episode 18, we shot one day of episode 19, and I was reading these two monster scripts thinking, 'It's like we're at the end of a marathon and they want us to sprint for the last two miles.' I feel like this almost gives us an opportunity to refocus and go into the last two episodes and hit them with everything we got. I think having this break might service the last few episodes better."

As for how the show will conclude, Ackles previously said that the ending is "certainly going to feel right and it's going to feel good."

"It should put a lot of people in a position of feeling great about the journey they took with us and the Winchester brothers," he said during the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour last year. "That's certainly how I feel about it, and we're really excited to tell that story."

The remaining episodes of "Supernatural" Season 15 will air Thursdays on The CW in the fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 10:44 PM

Look who's at the top of the CW lineup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 10:45 PM

Padalecki looks great!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 10:46 PM

You're a beast, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 10:48 PM

I dedicate this tweet to the "Jensen Ackles is a closet Republican" troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 6:58 PM

Is that a real event, R5?

When is it happening, or did it already happen?

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 7:04 PM

It's up on YouTube already. On Misha's channel. Click through, Jensen posts a link to it.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 8:02 PM

So Jensen will appear on The Boys on Amazon.

He will join season 3

They haven’t even aired season 2 😲

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2020 5:34 PM

So apparently, Jensen is playing Soldier Boy, the guy with the dark hair and mask, in this comic strip?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2020 7:22 PM

Hey there, Soldier Boy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2020 7:23 PM

Soiled Boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2020 7:36 PM

I want to see Homelander bang the fuck out of Jensen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2020 7:37 PM

"Supernatural to Return in October With Final 7 Episodes Following Delay"

Supernatural‘s truncated swan song will, as promised, resume this fall: Season 15’s delayed final seven episodes will begin airing on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c, The CW announced on Monday.

The grand finale, meanwhile, is set to air Thursday, Nov. 19 as part of a two hour event. At 8/7c, The CW will air the retrospective Supernatural: The Long Road Home, followed by the final episode of the series at 9/8c.

The long-running drama’s farewell season was brought to an early halt in March due to the coronavirus pandemic, with only 13 of 20 episodes having aired.

“We, The CW, and Warner Bros. fully intend to return and finish the series,” executive producer Andrew Dabb assured fans in March. “It’s not a matter of ‘if,’ it’s a matter of ‘when.'”

After wrapping work on Supernatural this fall, Jared Padalecki will segue to a reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger, which is slated to debut in January 2021 on The CW. Jensen Ackles, meanwhile, is joining the cast of Amazon’s The Boys (more on that late-breaking piece of news here).

In other CW scheduling news, the network announced that one-and-done DC Universe drama Swamp Thing will launch on Tuesday, Oct. 6, while international acquisition Devils — starring Grey’s Anatomy vet Patrick Dempsey — will bow Wednesday, Oct. 7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2020 7:49 PM

This is why I ship Cockles. Jensen looks at Misha like the sun shines out of his ass.

This was the con where they took that selfie with their penises touching, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2020 2:35 AM

The guys are filming in a beautiful lakeside location.

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2020 3:51 AM

[Quote] Nope, it’s karma. He has lousy, demanding, deluded fans and they never need to be heard from again. Don’t know how true it might be but I read Collins won’t be in the last two episodes. God. I hope it’s true. 🙏🏻

Every fandom has those type of fans. And it's rather convenient how you ignore Jensen's part in it. Destihell didn't start just because of Misha.

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2020 4:58 AM

[quote] Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Expands Upon 'Possibility' of Revival — Plus, Bruce Campbell as John Winchester?!

Having trouble accepting that Supernatural‘s series finale is fast approaching? Well, according to star Jensen Ackles, you might not be without Dean and Sam Winchester for long, even after the long-running CW drama signs off on Thursday, Nov. 19.

Speaking with Michael Rosenbaum on his “Inside of You” podcast, Ackles echoed his comments from the August 2019 Television Critics Association press tour that the series is bidding adieu — for now. “I’ve always thought that there was a possibility of five years down the road, getting the call and saying, ‘Hey, let’s do a little short-order action for a streaming network and bring it back for six episodes,'” Ackles told Rosenbaum.

“I do feel like this isn’t the long goodbye right now,” he continued. “I feel like this is, ‘Let’s hang this in the closet for now, and we’ll dust her off down the road a bit.'”

Speaking of the road, Ackles confirmed that when the show wraps, he will be taking home the “hero” Baby Impala that he and co-star Jared Padalecki drove most prominently. “I’m gonna clean her up, but not change anything,” Ackles shared. “I’m gonna need to add an air conditioning unit because we live in Texas. I’m probably gonna get some new speakers, a radio system in there that actually works. But everything else, I’m gonna leave the creak in the doors, the splits in the seats.”

Ackles also dropped a fun bit of trivia about the almost-casting of Dean and Sam’s dad, John Winchester. Because Jeffrey Dean Morgan was only 12 years older than his eldest TV son when he played the role in the pilot flashbacks, the producers wanted a different actor to portray the character when he came back into the story. “They actually went out to [Evil Dead vet] Bruce Campbell to play Present-Day Dad,” Ackles revealed. “That was the only person that they wanted. Ultimately, they couldn’t make it happen, whether it was [because of] schedule or whatever. So they kind of threw their hands up in the air, and they’re like, ‘Well, maybe we can just age Jeff up and have him come back and play an older version of himself.'”

Supernatural‘s delayed final seven episodes will begin airing on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c on The CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2020 4:45 PM

I think that Castiel's storyline has to end with him making good on his deal with The Shadow from The Empty.

TNT just finished airing season 14, and in the episode where Jack died, Castiel made a deal with The Shadow that if he would let Jack return to his life on Earth, then The Shadow could immediately take him to The Empty.

The Shadow agreed, but said he would wait to take Castiel. He said, he would take him when Castiel is at his most happy point, with the sun shining on his face, and then... boom. He would steal Castiel's happiness and take him to The Empty.

So I'm pretty sure that storyline must be resolved before the series ends.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2020 4:46 PM

Part 22 is paywalled, but someone there just posted this, so I thought I would drop it here:

OMG!

In Michael’s podcast Jensen talks about making out with Jared!! 😳😳

Regardless of the pandemic!! 😛😛

It’s a fun moment. Rosie egging him on. Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 19September 9, 2020 5:38 PM

Today was the last day of filming for this dreck.

Thank God it will soon be OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2020 1:55 AM

Just an FYI, next week TNT will be airing the "best of" Supernatural episodes.

Starting with the pilot episode on Monday (9/14), Lazarus Rising (Introduction of Castiel), Changing Channels (Trickster puts Sam and Dean into different television shows)

Tuesday (9/15): All Hell Breaks Loose Part II (Sam dies for the first time), The Monster at the End of this Book (Introduction of Chuck), Fan Fiction (200th episode), Baby (entire episode told from the car's perspective)

Wednesday (9/16): No Rest for the Wicked (Dean dies for the first time), Abandon All Hope, Don't Call Me Shurley, Scoobynatural (cartoon episode), Night Shifter (fan favorite with awesome ending)

Thursday (9/17): In My Time of Dying (John Winchester dies), Mystery Spot (hilarious episode where Dean dies in a hundred different ways), Swan Song (supposed to be the original series finale), Lebanon (300th episode), The French Mistake (Jared/Jensen play themselves - another fan favorite)

These are really the best episodes of the series, so if you want to catch up on Supernatural's greatest hits, set your DVR for next week!

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2020 2:07 AM

Nobody cares, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2020 2:15 AM

"Supernatural's Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles on Final Day of Filming: 'Emotions Are Stratospheric'"

Get out the tissues, Supernatural fans: The long-running CW drama had its last day of filming on the series finale on Thursday, and the show’s leading men, guest stars and crew took to social media to mark the momentous occasion.

“I write this as I head to my last day of #Supernatural. My last day with #SamWinchester,” star Jared Padalecki shared on Instagram. “Obviously, my head is spinning and my emotions are stratospheric, but there’s still a bit of time left on the clock.”

“Thank y’all SO MUCH for the incredible amount of love and support that’s been headed our way, in these final hours,” Padalecki continued. “It’s definitely been felt. I’ll check in soon, but, for now, #WeHaveWorkToDo”

Jensen Ackles also shared his thoughts, as well as a couple photos from the final days of shooting. “Woke up at 6am this morning. That alarm went off with a heavy tone,” the actor wrote on Instagram. “Today is the final day of a 15 year journey. One that has changed my life forever. To those I have worked with on this journey and to those who have watched and supported…you will never understand my great appreciation for you. ‘Thank you’ doesn’t cover it. There just aren’t words. I’m so grateful for these memories that I will carry with me forever. What a ride it has been. And what a run.”

Meanwhile, co-star Misha Collins expressed his gratitude for the show on Twitter: “#ThankYouSupernatural. You’ve changed my life in so many ways and you changed the world for the better. Fight on.”

Elsewhere, Jim Beaver (aka Bobby) revealed that he will take part in the final day of shooting. “So it’s here. Last day of principal photography on Supernatural, my home for 15 years,” Beaver wrote on Twitter. “Getting ready to go to work on it for the final time. Deep feelings. Very deep. I love these people. Okay. Let’s go kick it in the ass one last time.”

Creator Eric Kripke and former showrunner Sera Gamble also took to Twitter to share their feelings about the series’ historic run, as did a bevy of recurring fan favorites.

Supernatural‘s delayed final seven episodes begin airing on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c on The CW. The series finale is slated for Thursday, Nov. 19 at 9 pm, following a retrospective special at 8 pm.

Goodbye/thank you messages at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2020 3:31 AM

R22 needs to be locked in a Ma'lak box and dumped in the Pacific Ocean.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2020 4:04 AM

LOL Jensen is better lit there than an aging Catherine Zeta Jones, while Jared still just looks like shit

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2020 4:05 AM

[Quote] while Jared still just looks like shit

His ship sailed long ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2020 5:33 AM

To think there could be anything worse than Covid19 this year and here we are, the last day of shooting Supernatural.

The world really has now gone to hell.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2020 5:39 AM

He has to be lit like that or he looks worse than Jarad.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2020 7:46 PM

I just watched the Bugs episode, and it was hilarious.

First off... ALFIE! He played cute twink Matt.

I also believe it was the first episode that joked about Sam and Dean being a gay couple.

Tee hee. I really love Tyler Johnston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2020 6:43 AM

Even though Tyler Johnston is 33 years old now, he's still a cute twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2020 6:45 AM

Jensen & Alexander in pajamas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2020 10:59 PM

Dean needs to do a midnight pee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2020 11:05 PM

Who the fuck "does" a pee, R32?

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2020 4:14 AM

Haha at R31.

Dean wore that exact "sleeping robe" in the Scoobynatural episode!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2020 4:23 AM

The Winchesters and Jack Celebrate the Holidays, Don Their PJs in Final Season's Return

Happy all the holidays! Supernatural returns on Oct. 8 (The CW, 8/7c) with a festive installment in which Dean, Sam and Jack celebrate everything from Halloween to Thanksgiving, as seen in these newly released photos.

It all begins when “Sam and Dean discover a wood nymph (guest star Meagan Fey) living in the bunker who is determined to protect her family, at any cost,” per the official synopsis. While that may sound ominous, co-showrunner Andrew Dabb says the episode, titled “Last Holiday,” is a “really funny” hour. (When you’ve got Dean in a nightgown, how can it not be?)

“It’s a really fun episode, and it kind of touches on some heretofore unaddressed things about the Men of Letters and about the bunker,” Dabb previews. “As a way to kind of come back into the story after, at that point, the last six, seven months, I think coming in with something a little lighter and enjoyable is going to be a really good appetizer for what’s to come, because what’s to come, let’s just say, it may not all be super fun.”

Speaking of what’s to come, the series finale is slated for Thursday, Nov. 19 at 9 pm, following a retrospective special at 8 pm. The show’s leading men reflected on the emotional final day of filming last Thursday, with Jensen Ackles sharing some photos from set and Jared Padalecki writing, “My head is spinning and my emotions are stratospheric.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2020 5:28 AM

It'd be nice if Dean had a Sharon Stone moment with his sleepwear.

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2020 6:46 AM

I guess it just shows that I was barely paying attention to season 15 since it was so horrible, but when and how did Jack come back?

I totally missed it!

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2020 6:49 AM

I just learned why all those shows listed at R21 are airing.

The little tag at the bottom of the TNT screen says "Supernatural 15th Anniversary."

So the show actually made it to a full 15 years, since it was extended through the end of this year.

It's official!

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2020 8:01 PM

Happy Supernatural Day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 2:39 AM

Supernatural 's Jared Padalecki Just Wants to Do Justice By His BFF Sam Winchester

We may still have several months with Sam and Dean Winchester, but the boys themselves have already said goodbye.

Just a few days after Supernatural's final day of filming, Michael Rosenbaum's Inside of You podcast released an episode featuring Jared Padalecki. At the time of the interview, he had just begun filming the series finale of the long-running CW drama and was going through the emotions that come with ending a 15-year chunk of his life and saying farewell to his character Sam.

"Here's what I'm trying to deal with right now: Saying goodbye to a friend of 15 years," he said. "I've never gone five months without playing Sam Winchester, not since I was 22 years old. I'm 38 now with a wife and three kids and grey hairs they have to scratch out with a comb."

Padalecki said he really started feeling the gravity of the moment as the show got closer to wrapping.

"Literally I've cried every day for a week," he said. "Every now and again we're at a location that's like, 'Oh, I've been here for 15 years. I remember this place.' And it's like, OK, this is the last time we'll be at this location. There's a possibility that I'll never make this drive again."

He said it's all "very bittersweet," especially knowing that there won't be any possibility of getting more pickup shots later on.

Padalecki couldn't confirm exactly what the final shot will be and if he and Jensen Ackles would wrap at the same time, but he could offer a tease.

"The last time Sam and Dean see each other is the last time Jared and Jensen see each other," he said, going on to explain that his last on-camera moment is also his last moment on-screen with Ackles.

However exactly the show ends, Padalecki said he really wants to do right by his character.

"I love Sam Winchester," he said. "He's been my close friend for 15 years and I want to do him justice. So I'm trying to focus really hard to make sure that if Sam cries, it's Sam tears, not Jared's."

During the podcast, Padalecki also opened up about his experience with anxiety and depression and his decision to stop drinking, which came after he was arrested for assault in Oct. 2019. He allegedly struck two people outside of his own bar in Austin, TX and was arrested on two counts of assault and one count of public intoxication.

"I don't entirely know what happened either, other than reading the reports," he explained. "Long story short, the cliff's notes are we were filming in Vancouver until five or six a.m. and flew to Austin and we had a double date that night...I hadn't slept, I hadn't had anything to eat...I think I had too much to drink and too little to eat and sleep, and I legitimately don't recall what happened other than what I've seen in the video."

While he doesn't know if he was drugged or just drunk, what Padalecki thinks is that he was just blacked out and thought he was getting attacked.

"I haven't had a drink since," he said. "That is not who I am. Anybody who knows me knows that's the absolute opposite."

The worst part of the story, he explained, was that he was arrested outside of his own bar and he knew the guys he was arrested for assaulting.

"They were like, 'Hey man, that was really messed up, but we know that's not you,'" he said. "That's a huge blessing."

Padalecki has also dealt with anxiety and depression throughout his life, and he was especially panicked when it came to quarantining all alone for two weeks ahead of Supernatural's return to production. But as he explained to Rosenbaum, he doesn't refer to it as "suffering."

"I don't say 'suffer,' not anymore," he said. "I do believe in the power of self-fulfilling prophecies, so if I say to myself 'I'm suffering from depression, I'm suffering from anxiety,' then I'm the victim and I can't do anything about it...I don't say 'suffer.' I f--king hate that word."

In fact, that plays into Padalecki's favorite saying.

"Pain is mandatory. Suffering is optional."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2020 3:11 AM

[quote]I don't entirely know what happened either, other than reading the reports," he explained. "Long story short, the cliff's notes are we were filming in Vancouver until five or six a.m. and flew to Austin and we had a double date that night...I hadn't slept, I hadn't had anything to eat...I [bold]think[/bold] I had too much to drink and too little to eat and sleep, and I legitimately don't recall what happened other than what I've seen in the video." While he doesn't know if he was drugged or just drunk, what Padalecki thinks is that he was just blacked out and thought he was getting attacked. "I haven't had a drink since," he said. "That is not who I am. Anybody who knows me knows that's the absolute opposite."

Sweet Christ, Padalecki is utterly insufferable with his victim mentality. He is the apotheosis of a douchebag, yammering on about his "depression and anxiety." Anyone who saw those videos of him weaving around that bar would not [italic]think[/italic] that he'd had too much to drink. It was completely obvious that he was smashed; moreover, he's been photographed drinking since then! For him to insinuate that me might have been drugged and that he quit drinking after that incident just adds to his insufferability.

Both these guys are two of the luckiest people in the world. They have minimal talent but were in the right place at the right time and had chemistry. Had Supernatural been on any other network it wouldn't have lasted a full season and these no talent hacks would be back in Texas selling State Farm, living with their fat wives and kids.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2020 3:22 PM

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2020 3:31 PM

Jared is the ultimate douchebro.

He's always come off to me as dishonest and self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2020 9:06 PM

Why is it so hard to believe that Jared was telling the truth?

The guy works long hours, commutes between Vancouver and Austin, has a family life, friends, etc.

It's not so hard to believe that his "meltdown" was just the result of a long day, lack of sleep, and not eating. I've been that way many times.

I've always thought when that video came out, that he had way too much alcohol and not enough food.

There have been times when I've totally starved myself, then drank a lot, and I was plastered beyond belief.

Jared is 6'4 and something like 180 pounds. He is rail thin. All it would take is not enough food and a good bit of alcohol, and the guy will be drunk off his ass.

But of course, some of you are such haters, you'll never give him the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2020 9:14 PM

That Night Shifter episode was so good!

Ronald Resnick was an awesome character, and they never should have killed him off. He could have been like a Bobby Singer, or a Charlie.

Unfortunately, he appeared in season two, which was before they started having recurring characters.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2020 9:15 PM

Whatever, R44. His wife had a photo of him on her Instagram page holding a beer after that incident so he's definitely lying about not drinking after it. Of course, after being called out on his lie she took the photo down. Oh, but sure, let's give him the 'benefit of the doubt.' 🙄

And Jared has had way more 'meltdowns' than just this one. Waiters, waitresses and other service industry people can attest to that. Posting a photo of a hotel clerk and captioning it 'worst human in the world' just isn't normal behavior.

He's one of those 'don't you know how I am' type people when it comes to service industry workers who gets pissed because they have no idea who he is.

Loser, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2020 11:26 PM

R35 Who's Jack? Is he that a son of Lucifer from several seasons ago when I still watched an odd episode or two. I wasn't expecting them to keep him around for this long...

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote] Who's Jack? Is he that a son of Lucifer from several seasons ago

Yes, R47.

Jack "died" at the end of season 14, but then they brought him back as a demon who inhabited his dead body, called "Belphegor."

That's the last I heard of him in season 15, but apparently he's back to normal "Jack" now.

I have no idea what happened in between.

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2020 11:44 PM

R46 Jared also called a VIP customer service liason, something like that, he gave her name out, for Live Nation the worst human being he's ever met. I believe he called that poor waitress he set his fans on the worst human being too. Every time he had any sort of issue, which always involved them doing something so terrible and awful that he couldn't even say what they did but it always made him feel subhuman, they were the worst human being he'd ever met. Talk about privilege. Somehow I'm not surprised he's trying to downplay his responsibility for what happened and lying about not drinking. I can't believe he even brought up the idea that he might have been "roofied" up, he knows his fans infantalize him to a ridiculous degree and he figures that'll get him off with them.

The main three "Jared doxxes a customer service person" events I remember had the same sort of hysterical complaints that seemed to boil down to they didn't kowtow to his wishes as a celebrity and so he was going to put their names and/or faces on the internet for his fans to harass and hopefully make these people lose their jobs.

I also enjoyed how in this interview his jealous ass kept saying in the podcast "I'm the car guy in real life, I'm the car guy" as though that matters regarding the Impala. Even if Jensen didn't know a Hyundai from a Bentley, Jensen has shown a lot of love towards the Impala used on the show for literally years. He's said he would negotiate it into his contract that when the show ended, he'd get the car. Jared may be the "car guy" but Jensen is definitely the "1967 Impala named Baby" guy.

Jensen spent the most time with that car and it's been a central point to Dean's characterization. He's the one most associated with it. A while back at a convention, I think it was a Comic Con, someone asked about the engine in the car and Jensen was the only one on the stage who knew the answer, not the writers or producers or "I'm the car guy" Jared. It isn't surprising that Jensen had to get it put in his contract while Jared just had one given to him. They probably did it because they knew he'd whine and claim to be having a nervous breakdown because of how he was being disrespected and made to feel less than human if he didn't get his own Impala and the WB were the worst human beings EVER!! LOL

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 12:52 AM

Someone posted this in the Part 22 thread:

[quote] So Jared thinks he might have been drugged when he got into that altercation at his own bar in Austin.

[quote] People aren’t suing him or pressing charges. He also says he doesn’t remember any of what happened that night. He saw the video and he has no memory of the event.

[quote] His doggie, Sadie, is gone now. He had her since his Gilmore Girls days.

[quote] He also says he’s seeing a therapist for his anxiety and depression.

[quote] Also, supposedly, he and Jensen are driving back to TX. Road trip!! 🚗

Aw, how sweet.

Jared and Jensen want to have one last "fling" before they go their separate ways.

That is gonna be some sweet, hot SEX!

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2020 1:59 AM

R44 "Lack of sleep"? That has to be almost as pathetic as him trying to suggest he was roofied. A little lack of sleep plus a little drinking does not cause what happened there. That was Jared on a bender plain and simple. Not lack of sleep, not hunger, not some mysterious person somehow managing to sneak a roofie into his drink, while he was in his friend's bar and his own bar surrounded by other people who knew him. Jared uses that "depression and anxiety" excuse for everything, I think really he's just a guy who can't hold his liquor and that has been the cause of nearly all his meltdowns. Like the story about him during Season 2 going ballistic on a guy in an airplane because his carry-on fell into Jared's girlfriend Sandy at the time. His war against customer service people, usually in situations where he's probably been drinking, like Las Vegas, a concert or eating with friends.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 2:51 AM

Why do lesbian servers hate Jared so much?

Is he because he calls them out for bad service?

All he's doing is telling the truth about their shit treatment of him. They deserve it.

I say more power to him!

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 6:13 AM

Don’t Worry, ‘Supernatural’ Fans: Series Ending Intact Despite COVID-19 Script Changes

“Supernatural” fans, rejoice: co-showrunner Andrew Dabb is here to reassure you that despite having to make some tweaks to the final episodes due to the coronavirus-forced production shutdown, the ending of The CW’s beloved monster-hunting show has not been “fundamentally” changed.

“We’re still doing everything we wanted to do from a character, plot and mythology standpoint,” Dabb said in an interview with TVLine Thursday.

We learned back in August that the two final episodes underwent some changes when star Jensen Ackles opened up about it in a Zoom conversation, but Dabb says that the emotional core of the ending remains intact.

“In some cases, we had to simplify the pathways to get there,” Dabb said. “For example, for the finale, we had a big, super extravagant thing planned for that episode, and it wasn’t feasible. But we found an alternative to get to the same place, plot-wise and, more importantly, emotionally, that worked great. So it’s about being adaptable. We had to do some rewriting, but nothing that changed fundamentally what the show is or where it was going.”

“The storyline is unchanged,” Dabb said of the season finale. “Like I said, some of the scene work is different. There aren’t as many bad guys in a scene as we would normally have because of COVID restrictions. But in terms of plot, in terms of character, nothing is fundamentally different.”

Earlier this month, TheWrap caught up with Richard Speight Jr., who played the archangel Gabriel on “Supernatural” and also directed four episodes of the 15th and final season. Here’s what he had to say about the show’s epic wrap-up:

“It’s intensely emotional stuff we’re tackling because there’s so much value to these stories and so much history to these characters that navigating this kind of climax, you can’t not be completely wrapped up in the peril that they face and the inevitable emotion that ensues from the results,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2020 8:51 PM

How ‘Supernatural’ Filmed Its Final Episodes During COVID-19 (EXCLUSIVE)

In 15 seasons of “Supernatural,” Sam and Dean Winchester have fought vampires and demons, they’ve been to hell and they’ve died a lot. But would the show survive COVID-19? It was a very real question after the Vancouver-based production shut down on March 13 because of the coronavirus pandemic, one day into filming the series’ penultimate episode. After successfully filming 325 episodes of the show since it premiered in September 2005 on The WB, a network that no longer even exists, was “Supernatural” really going to end its run without a proper finish?

There was no need to worry. The show’s loyal fandom will, in fact, get the ending they’ve been waiting for. One week ago, “Supernatural” completed production on its series finale, bringing the story of the Winchester brothers — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) — to a close. British Columbia, where the show films, has handled coronavirus well, and production in the province restarted in earnest in July. “Supernatural” was the first Warner Bros. show to begin filming again there, but since then, The CW’s “Batwoman” and “Riverdale” have also gone back. The seven-episode final run of “Supernatural” will premiere on The CW on Oct. 8.

Robert Singer, co-showrunner and executive producer/director, told Variety that production on the final two episodes of “Supernatural” — which began filming on Aug. 18 — went smoothly. Singer has been with the show since its first season, and so have “a lot of crew people, and a lot of department heads,” he said — which may have been a benefit during these unusual circumstances. “It is a very well-oiled machine,” Singer said. Normally, an episode takes eight days to shoot, but they did the two remaining episodes over nine days each to allow for delays. Singer said their longest day was 12 hours.

The show filmed under the COVID-19 protocols agreed to unions in the U.S. and Canada: mask-wearing at all times, social distancing among the crew and enhanced sanitary procedures for people and the sets. Everyone involved in the production — around 360 people, according to Warner Bros. — was tested three times a week. That crew is larger than usual, Singer said, because staffers who would usually be used for day calls — in the electric department, for instance — were hired to be there full-time instead. A Warner Bros. spokesperson said the production was divided into seven pods, to enforce social distancing. And, Singer said, “Anybody who could work from home, worked from home.”

An added wrinkle for “Supernatural” — as well as other U.S. shows that film in Canada — is that the Canadian border requires a strict 14-day quarantine for foreign visitors. Singer, who directed the series finale, which was written by co-showrunner Andrew Dabb, entered the country in early August in order to quarantine. Singer then had a week of prep, during which he couldn’t go to the set because he was deemed to be in the office pod at the time. “Which was a very strange thing,” he said.

Quarantining is definitely an inconvenience, albeit a necessary one: The actor Jim Beaver, who plays Bobby Singer — a character actually named after Singer — flew up from L.A., completed his quarantine, “And the next day, he shot what he had to shoot,” Singer said.

Speaking with Variety, Padalecki and Ackles talked about the responsibility they felt to be careful as they filmed, even in Vancouver, where life is pretty normal right now. If they were reckless, Padalecki said, “It would have been shutting down production and putting people out of work again, so everybody was more careful than they were required.”

He added, “We all felt the importance. We weren’t going out on weekends.”

Ackles agreed: “Everybody was taking it very seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2020 8:54 PM

“I would say being on set was safer that going home to my apartment, because everybody’s getting tested, everybody was healthy and was checked on such a frequent basis you knew that there was nobody carrying the disease,” Ackles continued. “I’m being very cautious, and I would have felt comfortable hugging the crew members, just because I know that everybody was so diligently safe.”

It’s definitely a new-world, production during coronavirus. And if all of these extra things — the testing, the cleaning equipment, the masks, the quarantines, the set’s COVID coordinator and the extra day of shooting — sound expensive, surely they are. The studio, however, would not confirm any financial costs.

During the spring, when production plans began floating around, there were questions about whether filming during COVID would affect what audiences see on screen — especially with stunts and love scenes. The series finale of “Supernatural,” Singer said, was “more of an emotional journey with our characters” and a “personal look at the guys” than an episode filled with action, so there were none of those dilemmas here. But he did have to reconfigure one scene that they couldn’t shoot as written because of a limit on the number of extras who can be in a scene.

He doesn’t think the audience will notice any difference, though. “I don’t think there’s anything that you’re going to see you where you would say, ‘Oh, well, they clearly did that because of COVID,’” Singer said.

The finale was a mixture of days on the show’s sound stages and location shoots. Singer said he would arrive on set, answer a questionnaire on a Warner Bros. app he had on his phone and have his temperature taken. On testing days, he would go to a tented area to get checked. “If anyone had tested positive, the next day, they would have gotten a phone call,” Singer said. “What would have happened then? I don’t know. But we went through two episodes, and we didn’t have one positive test.”

He had been expecting delays, but there weren’t any. Singer said, “From the first desk to the time you got tested was maybe six or seven minutes.”

Singer would then go to stage what he was filming. He would work with the actors’ stand-ins to block the scene, and then leave so the crew could set up the lights. When they were done, he’d return to check everything — and the crew would leave. Finally, the actors would come in to rehearse and film. “Once we were ready to shoot, no one was allowed on the actual shooting set other than the actors and me and the director of photography,” Singer said.

Of course, it’s kind of a bummer way to end a show that’s been on for 15 seasons. “It’s a very family-oriented set,” Singer said. “It was different, in that the normal interactions between the actors and the crew just didn’t happen. Their interactions were really between the camera operator, our DP, and myself. And the makeup people. Other than that, everybody was sort of not around when they were there.”

Because of COVID, there could be no wrap party, nor any type of celebration of the show ending, which turned something Singer called “bittersweet” into a sad event. “Supernatural” is tied for seventh in the list of longest-running live-action shows, along with “CSI” and “ER.” Yet when the “Supernatural” braintrust — Dabb, Singer, the lead actors, CW and Warner Bros. — had decided to bring the show to a close after Season 15, an announcement that was made in March 2019, no one ever could have imagined a deadly and mismanaged global pandemic was on the horizon. “We wanted to go out while we still felt we had a fastball. Going out on your own terms is a good thing,” Singer said about the decision. “That said, there were some tears.”

“As you passed people and said goodbye, you could see that it was emotional,” Singer continued. “And I think the guys were emotional.”

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2020 8:56 PM

Someone who says they used to work for Jared...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2020 1:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2020 1:17 PM

So pathetic, R56/R57.

You went through all that trouble to make a fake website, just to bash Jared and Jensen.

How sad are you?

Probably that shit server "BK" from the Constantine Minneapolis, who treats customers like crap! You deserved to be DOXXED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2020 10:39 PM

R58 are you off your meds??

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2020 10:41 PM

Here's another #HORRIBLEASSHOLE who deserved to be doxxed, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2020 11:45 PM

R58 That blog deals with all sorts of celebrity gossip, it's not just a blog to hate on Jensen and Jared. Someone sent in a comment and she/he published it.

And neither of those people deserved it, Jared's just an entitled #horribleasshole who treats people like crap when he doesn't get his way.

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2020 4:56 PM

#TEAMJARED

Doxx all those motherfuckers who work in the service industry, but give shit service!

by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2020 11:45 PM

There is no evidence they "give shit service" aside from him whining about what terrible human beings they are but NEVER with any details as to what exactly makes their service bad. Never any details just vague accusations. You know, if you are constantly the one getting shit service, then maybe you are the one who is actually the problem. Maybe their service is fine but you are an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2020 2:24 AM

Jared says he cried every day while filming the series finale.

He must have been a wreck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2020 7:57 PM

Wow, Jensen actually got the GOOD Impala, and Jared ended up with shit.

Jared must be pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 24, 2020 11:46 AM

R65 Jared's always pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 66September 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Really pissed cause Jensen got Misha too!

by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2020 1:02 PM

R65 That's why Jared had to mention "I'm the car guy in real life" and made sure he immediately showed off his car(sans mask) to the daughter of one of his buddies so she'd post it on Instagram. He's very petty really.

by Anonymousreply 68September 27, 2020 9:07 PM

Supernatural is back on Thursdays!

The CW needs the show, because it's the star attraction for the network.

Even bigger than Riverdale. Sam and Dean should demand raises.

by Anonymousreply 69September 28, 2020 6:16 AM

R69 complete and utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 70September 28, 2020 10:02 AM

I'm so happy that Supernatural got to finish filming in Vancouver.

Apparently, the other CW shows that are filming in the city (Riverdale, Supergirl, etc.) have been shut down, due to testing delays and problems.

Supernatural got in there first, wrapped up the show, and then got out.

Now, all they have to do is post-production.

Sucks for the other shows, but GOOD for Sam and Dean!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2020 5:47 AM

Part 24...

Cheers to the new season!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2020 5:54 AM

R71 thank you for making a completely useless post.

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2020 6:54 AM

Why is it useless, R73?

I think that it's pretty significant that Supernatural is the ONLY show on the CW that actually got an entire season wrapped up and ready to air.

Everyone else is going to be delayed and their seasons are all pending.

For SPN, that's a WRAP!

by Anonymousreply 74October 3, 2020 6:07 PM

And by entire season I’m sure you are aware that they only filmed 2 episodes, right?

You knew this, right?

They needed to wrap up the very last two episodes of season 15.

They had to stop work back in March when the pandemic hit.

And 5 episodes needed post-production work and they couldn’t do it. So they stopped airing new shows.

by Anonymousreply 75October 3, 2020 6:48 PM

I think you're missing the point, R75.

The point is that Supernatural is the only CW show right now that has all of its episodes "in the can."

It doesn't matter that it's a carry over from last season.

The point is that it's all filmed, and the show has a beginning and and end.

You can't say the same about any other CW show.

by Anonymousreply 76October 6, 2020 11:27 AM

R76 wow that's so amazing 😐

by Anonymousreply 77October 6, 2020 11:51 AM

I couldn't get through last night's episode. Too many dumb asspulls writing-wise.

Apparently bog standard faeries can just disable the most powerful being to ever exist through smoothies--why do nephilim or archangels matter, then? Several seasons of SPN seem pointless now in terms of stakes. Let's give God and the Darkness smoothies. And the Empty too while we're at it.

Oh there's an interdimensional telescope but the MOL didn't really do anything with it, including even documenting what it was. Makes sense.

Castiel is gone because of Misha's contract but it didn't make sense that Cas would leave Jack with Dean knowing that Dean hasn't forgiven him. Jack is miserable at the start and it's not in character for Cas to just leave under those circumstances. Especially since angels can communicate telepathically through angel radio, there's no reason for him to be gone to "follow up with one of his angel contacts".

Cas not being present in an episode about family dynamics but Jack being there when the latter has spent four times as long with the Winchesters is...a choice. Also, Jack is Cas's son in canon and only affiliated with Sam and Dean for that reason.

Not sure why people on Primetimer are going wild for this one. Maybe because they're almost to a member Jensen/Dean stans and this was a Dean-centric episode. I thought it was annoying, pointless, and very S15 in its writing quality.

by Anonymousreply 78October 9, 2020 7:47 PM

Sorry, I obviously meant to write "the former" with regard to Cas and Jack's relationships with Dean and Sam above, not "the latter."

by Anonymousreply 79October 9, 2020 7:57 PM

R78 No one on Primetimer is going crazy for this. The majority of posts have been "It could have been worse" and many have pointed out the same flaws you did. Dean fans are mainly just glad whenever an episode doesn't completely assassinate his character these days.

by Anonymousreply 80October 11, 2020 3:32 AM

Ugh, Primetimer is so fucking annoying.

Might as well call it the Jensen Ackles fan club blog.

by Anonymousreply 81October 11, 2020 6:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!