Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katy Perry has said that she and fiancé Orlando Bloom are bound together by "spiritual evolution."

Katy Perry said she and Orlando Bloom are bound by 'spiritual evolution': 'He gets up at 7 a.m. and chants for an hour'

In an interview with The Times of London, Perry said that she was unaware Bloom was on a self-imposed six-month sex ban when she met him in 2016.

"I had no idea that was the case. I met him in 2016, we were both on a different journey," Perry said.

"He's very sensitive. Very emotionally evolved. He gets up at 7 a.m. and chants for an hour. One of the things that binds us is our desire to be more spiritually evolved? And our desire to investigate that realm? One of our main love languages is the spiritual evolution," Perry said.

"We love mysticism, conspiracies, aliens, all that stuff. We love an adventure of the mind. That's definitely something we are bound by."

Perry has previously spoken about spiritually before in an interview with Vogue India in which she called Bloom "sage."

"When we first met, he said we would pull the poison out of each other, and we really do," Perry told Vogue India.

"It's exhausting, but we really hold each other accountable. I've never had a partner who was willing to go on an emotional and spiritual journey like Orlando. It's challenging, because you're facing all the things you don't like about yourself. It's like a never-ending cleanse."

Perry and Bloom were together for a year before splitting in February 2017, but then reconciled in February 2018 and became engaged in February 2019. In March 2020, Perry announced via a music video that she and Bloom were expecting their first child together.

Bloom has a nine-year-old son called Flynn with his ex-wife Miranda Kerr, who Perry said she is close with. "She's got three boys, so I ask her for all the tips," Perry told The Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2020 5:14 PM

Katy is addicted to Orlando's big, long intact dong!

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2020 6:55 AM

As described, they seem dumb as rocks.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2020 6:56 AM

He gets up at 7 am??

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2020 6:59 AM

[quote]He gets up at 7 a.m. and chants for an hour.

I would have to kill him within 2 days flat.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2020 7:02 AM

They do keep breaking up and getting back together, don't they?

If they ever get married, I think there's good odds that they'll be divorced more than once.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2020 7:03 AM

Into conspiracies..uh ok

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 7:04 AM

He gets up at 7am and then goes back to bed at 7:15am when he remembers he hasn’t had an acting job to go to for years.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 7:04 AM

If we had a current thread on failed leading actors, like we do on actresses, he’d be on the list.

Her hairline looks weird in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 7:06 AM

It always makes me laugh when people talk about how smart Russell Brand is. Sure

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 7:08 AM

Twats.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2020 7:11 AM

Agreed, R5. You know the old saying: “A rocky road to marriage does not end at the altar.”

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2020 7:53 AM

R7, he's been working, he's making the "Carnival Row" series for Amazon, and it's been renewed.

I don't know how long he was unemployed before that, though.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2020 9:04 AM

Insufferable, over-indulged idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2020 9:10 AM

Why do they British say “called” instead of “named” when referring to people? It drives me nuts. You’re not talking about a dog.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2020 10:00 AM

She sounds incredibly dumb, to the point that half of what she says sounds like gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2020 10:19 AM

Bitch please! You two are bound together by his dick being rammed up in your cooch on a daily basis. You two probably get hung up like 2 horny yard dogs.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2020 10:24 AM

I can only hope for a relationship that is "exhausting" and a "never-ending cleanse."

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2020 10:29 AM

She's quickly approaching a has-been territory; three of her last four singles failed to even chart in the US.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2020 10:36 AM

She's too old to be of any interest for the kind of pop she makes. Neither to guys or chicks. I don't know what his excuse is. He's only 43 and should be in the prime of his career. He must have made gazillions on Pirates and doesn't want to do the shitty work that his agent can get him.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 11:03 AM

[quote]One of the things that binds us is our desire to be more spiritually evolved? And our desire to investigate that realm?

The interviewer actually quoted her using "upspeak." Maybe s/he wanted to make her sound (even) more ditzy.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 11:58 AM

Christ, she sounds like a total idiot. She is testament to how once one acquires enough wealth and power, nobody will dare tell you how downright fucking dumb you are.

It is the curse of our age.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 12:02 PM

I've always hated Katy Perry. Now I hate her even more.

She's fucking insufferable.

[quote] He must have made gazillions on Pirates and doesn't want to do the shitty work that his agent can get him.

He has enough money to last him 100 lifetimes.

Not only did he make tens of millions on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, but he was also in ALL SIX of the Lord of the Rings & Hobbit movies. No other actor except for Ian McKellan was in all six.

Orlando is undoubtedly worth hundreds of millions. At this point, he can do whatever the fuck he wants to do.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 12:13 PM

Katy's relationships (with Russell Brand, John Mayer, now Orlando) always have her idealizing them in a very public way that comes across as a bit forced. Spiritual stuff about how deeply connected they are and how deep their love is. And then bam it's all over.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 12:15 PM

Thoe men are all bisexual, right R23?

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2020 12:28 PM

It sounds like he has a real ‘Mr Softie’ and she, a Frigidaire!

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2020 12:34 PM

R8 there is a thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2020 1:47 PM

[quote] Katy's relationships always ... comes across as a bit forced

That's because she's a phony twat.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2020 5:41 PM

I think that Katy is just after his money.

He's smart that he hasn't married her.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 10:48 PM

Miranda is gorgeous compared to Katy. She sounds tiring.

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2020 10:53 PM

She is so pretty. Flawless, really.

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2020 11:03 PM

I like Russell Brand better than both of them.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2020 11:15 PM

I suspect that Perry has more money than Bloom, and that neither of us has anything like the fortune we assume.

Bloom was in some huge hits, but played supporting roles in most of them, and I doubt he got a piece of the back end. And he's had long periods of unemployment and probably has an expensive lifestyle. Same for her, modern singers don't make nearly as much money as the big acts of yore, although her TV show probably pays the bills more than adequately.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2020 11:27 PM

Neither of THEM. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2020 11:31 PM

Aren't her parents Holy Rollers? They must love her being knock up with their illegitimate grandchild and living in sin.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2020 11:52 PM

Does anyone think she has Gay Icon potential? I mean she's supportive, and seems like the kind of fun gal you'd like to have a few drinks and a good gossip with.

Or has she started taking herself too seriously...

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2020 11:58 PM

I wonder if she ever got her hands on that convent in Los Feliz that she and the diocese where battling two old nuns over.

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2020 12:05 AM

R22 Nope, no big money for the LOTR actors. I was told 'you would not believe how cheap the actors were'.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2020 12:10 AM

R14 most romance languages use "called" for names. "S'appeler" (French) and "Chiamarsi" (Italian) for example. It's also used in Hebrew a lot. I guess Americans just stand out.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2020 12:16 AM

She’s a phony baloney poseur

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2020 12:20 AM

They both seem like religious closet cases to me.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2020 12:30 AM

R39 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2020 1:05 AM

R40 the elf, religious? My sides!

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2020 8:50 PM

R9, I think the "Russell Brand is a genius" crowd are the people who can't tell the difference between being intelligent and being clever. Brand is very clever, like a forest creature or something.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2020 8:56 PM

Their "spiritual evolution" will last until Christmas, when they go separate ways.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2020 9:02 PM

Didn’t she say the ame thing when she married the “man of God” Russell Brand?

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Whatevs, his career is over so he can say all the shit he wants.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2020 9:44 PM

Does anyone believe this relationship will last through the next year? She looks like a totally different person without makeup. His acting fame hasn’t moved beyond LotR movies.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2020 9:47 PM

No shit about her and the makeup! It is utterly horrifying!

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2020 9:49 PM

Imagine having to wake up to makeup-free Katy, I’d chant for an hour too if I have to see that mug every morning.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 10:27 PM

What exactly is he chanting? Enquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2020 10:37 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s all “spiritual evolution” until the “conscious uncoupling” starts.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 10:39 PM

Too much injectables in Katy‘s and too little in Orlando‘s face....

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 10:45 PM

RIP to Kat’s fragrance line, the best and most interesting thing about her career.

Unless of course she releases a generic milky ‘natural’ skinscent/lotion for Mom-and-Baby, which would be suitably grifty and on-brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2020 1:55 PM

I agree with all of the above who said Katy is an insufferable idiot who believes her own hype. I also think she is a spoiled, entitled celebrity brat (and he is too). Her music sucks, she is literally stupid (with a low IQ). BUT she just looks like a normal woman without makeup on. May her Proactive use improved her complexion, but she does not look bad without makeup. I wonder what Orlando looks like without his makeup on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 7, 2020 2:32 PM

Without makeup she's pretty, but unremarkably pretty.

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2020 8:05 PM

I don't think she's pretty without makeup.

by Anonymousreply 56October 7, 2020 9:27 PM

Why do these arguments about pop starlets always descend into squabbling over their prettiness? They’re not covergirls or Korean idols, so why do they need to be classically lovely or model gorgeous? It’s such a boring, circular, pointless debate.

Let’s fight about her awful music, or her tacky fans, or her crazy past, or her has-been hubby. Or, if we must discuss her looks, how she makes it work for her.

by Anonymousreply 57October 7, 2020 10:16 PM

I only mentioned it because her no-makeup pics are hilariously dowdy.

by Anonymousreply 58October 7, 2020 10:30 PM

They really aren't though. She just looks like a normal, attractive woman with no make up. Unremarkably pretty as R55 stated.

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2020 3:59 PM

Objectively she looks like a normal averagely-pretty ‘Basic’ woman. Christianity makes her uglier, however.

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2020 4:42 PM

Does she ever listen to herself? What a pair of self indulgent tossers! He's gone the way of Tom Hiddleston. Really un sexy now. Th fraud can have him.

by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2020 5:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!