Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Murdoch Quits News Corp Board Over Editorial Disagreements

“They are pissing inside the tent...”

J”ames Murdoch has resigned from the board of his family’s news behemoth, News Corp, due to disagreements over editorial content published by the company’s notoriously right-wing outlets, The Daily Beast has confirmed.

“Mr. Murdoch informed the Company that his resignation was due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company’s news outlets and certain other strategic decisions,” a company statement said. He was immediately scrubbed from the company’s online list of board directors.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 5:06 PM

In a brief resignation letter dated July 31 and addressed to the board of directors, James wrote, “I hereby tender my resignation as a member of the Board of Directors of News Corporation (the “Company”), effective as of the date hereof. My resignation is due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company’s news outlets and certain other strategic decisions.”

“Rupert and Lachlan offered a brief statement in response to James' decision: “We’re grateful to James for his many years of service to the company. We wish him the very best in his future endeavors.”

by Anonymousreply 1August 1, 2020 5:06 AM

So the son is using his money to go after that shithole network. I love it.

The network is a danger to the public.

by Anonymousreply 2August 1, 2020 5:07 AM

He's a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 3August 1, 2020 5:57 AM

Can’t wait for the next season of Succession.

by Anonymousreply 4August 1, 2020 8:03 AM

Lachlan and Rupert’s parting statement is COLD. Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2020 9:42 AM

Good for him. Recently watched a 3 part BBC doc on them and the political power Murdoch has. They really are scum as an organization.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2020 10:15 AM

Scandal!

by Anonymousreply 7August 1, 2020 4:58 PM

There are THREE threads on this. Do a search before starting a new topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 1, 2020 5:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 1, 2020 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!