Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Murdoch resigns from News Corp's board over editorial content 'disagreements'

Fox lemmings jumping ship...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2020 12:21 AM

This is big. In reality - I’m sure it has nothing to do with content. If he was concerned about content, there are hundreds of crazy offensive things that Fox has done over past 30 years.

How long is that ogre Rupert going to live? I think it’s true - only the good die young.

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 10:17 PM

It really is huge, r1. There has to be a story behind it. Maybe Lachlan won the favorite kid contest? I wish it were due to editorial disagreements, but probably due to Fox’s future being dicey, and James decided to get out before everything implodes. TBH, Fox’s business model isn’t looking too rosy, so it could be that.

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 10:21 PM

Yeah, that's weird. If there is something that doesn't sit well with him, he could just open his mouth, especially if it's just about content. He wouldn't be the first family/board member to take dirty laundry to the media. There must be more to it.

Which one had resigned years ago before coming back? James or Lachlan?

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 10:21 PM

Ummm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 10:23 PM

Oh my lord, Tracey Ullman IS a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 10:35 PM

Didn't he used to be the hot one?

Wasn't there a hot one?

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 10:36 PM

How does Meghan Markle figure into this decision?

by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 10:39 PM

He contributed to the Biden campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 10:53 PM

No one asked how you are ME! dear, r7.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 10:53 PM

Frankly I think James was supposed to be the dumb one. But he's been gradually distancing himself from NewsCorp for years, whereas Lachlan has gone all-in, so he's clearly not that dumb after all. At this point maybe he can see the writing on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote]Didn't he used to be the hot one? Wasn't there a hot one?

Lachlan was the one who worked out a lot and gave off gay vibes until he got married. He used to be hot but he's aged out of it.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 11:05 PM

R6 Lachlan, at far left, was the cute one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 11:32 PM

Lachlan has gone full white nationalist and James has pulled ‘chute as they say.

James is Kendall and Lachlan is Connor, only James and Lachlan have the same mom.

Either way, I hope every single member in that family burns alive somehow. Acid attack, car accident, I don’t care, that DNA needs to be scourged from the Earth. Including and especially the by association Deng DNA.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 11:36 PM

Lachlan was never hot. At the most, you could say he was well-styled. Always had that inbred Ozzie look about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 11:37 PM

James has always been hot, to those of us who like slender dorks. I'd still hit it (20+ years and counting). He's also long known his family's business is fucking evil. He had a decent run at "trying to change things from the inside" before retreating.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote]Lachlan, at far left, was the cute one

The only cute thing in the linked pic r12 is the dead mink the whore is wearing.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 11:54 PM

But the mink wore it better.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 11:54 PM

My money is on Elisabeth, the second of his four daughters, to get the CEO gig once he dies. If he ever dies.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 11:54 PM

R16 Every woman aspired to wear mink the 50s and 60s. I bet your mother did!

by Anonymousreply 19August 1, 2020 12:01 AM

Lachlan has been running Fox News for years now. He pretended to be more liberal than his father but once he took over he actually made Fox worse. He’s responsible for Tucker Carlson & Laura Ingraham.

by Anonymousreply 20August 1, 2020 12:18 AM

The SJWs love to make out this family are evil demons but the family is no different from any other family.

Their company produces stuff which buyers will buy. And lots of people do buy it. It's called Free Enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 21August 1, 2020 12:27 AM

Go for it, James! There's still time to redeem your soul from Satan.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 12:36 AM

He's just following in my footsteps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 12:45 AM

Lachlan and Rupert should be tried as war criminals.

Their Fox news empire has destroyed both the news industry and America, fomenting hate and discord.

(Though the same was said of Hearst back in the day.)

Though by not investing in streaming apps the way its competitors did (Disney/ABC, Comcast/NBC, ViacomCBS, WarnerHBO), Fox is sort of fucked going forwards.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 12:49 AM

That last sentence of yours should make you a very happy man, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 12:51 AM

James is cute tho.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 12:52 AM

I agree--he's hot. And even if he's out of power, he still must be rich as all get-out.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 12:59 AM

Fox depends on old people who are bored and lonely at home - who wouldn’t know how to use an app-based tv anyway. They are just background blather for lonely old people.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 2:18 AM

In Bombshell, John Lithgow as Roger Ailes sees Lachlan on a tv screen and says “you can’t tell me that mouth hasn’t sucked a cock!”

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 2:56 AM

The formerly-cute Lachlan has one of those bottom lips which looks though they used to dribble a lot— just like this interesting former UK pollie—Chuka Umanna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 3:35 AM

Lachlan is looking svelte and buff on his beach walk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 4:00 AM

Yeah yeah, but he's still a hypocritical vermin that needs to be fumigated. I just hope to God this family goes through a lot of hell for all the menace they've caused.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 4:58 AM

Yes, R32, demons and satans belong in hell. People like that can burn with Beelzebub.

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 5:02 AM

As we say in the south, James has fished, that didn't work, and now he's cut bait.

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 1:04 PM

Make sure you don’t bring your cell phone around these people.

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 5:13 PM

Even Trump has started to criticize Fox News. But - this is his plan. If he loses, even after a fight - he's going to own his own tv channel. And continue his nonsense and hate there. Probably steal the nutjobs at Fox. And then destroy Fox News. I think that's what all this nonsense he is spewing right now is about. He laying a platform of hate for his base to have their own new channel.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 6:32 PM

^ There could be a cure for it. If Individual 1 gets indicted after his presidency is over, Biden could cut him a deal: You won't get a conviction, and in return you'll hide under a rock for the rest of your life. No Twitter, no interviews anymore. I could live with that deal.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 11:21 PM

R13 Ma Deng is a hero to whores everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 38August 2, 2020 12:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!