Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm riddled with parasites

Been fatigued for six months and chalked it up to 2020. Wake up tired, take a nap during the day, get to bed early. Started having some stomach issues. Tons of gas and bloat and diarrhea. Again chalked it up to 2020 and anxiety. I've always been a clean, healthy eater with a rare indulgence here and there. Finally last month got a full panel done. Everything checked out just fine--healthy as a horse. Finally the stomach issues got so bad I went on an elimination diet which didn't make one bit of difference. Stomach cramps, awful bloating, and fatigue to the point I was taking a day off every week for about four months.

Decided to try the eastern route and went to a naturopath/energy reader who took a stool sample and I have worms. Yes, worms. Larva and eggs and worms. Could be from food or doorknobs or water or my dog or, or, or, or, or.

Now I'm on a hardcore THREE MONTH cleanse.

2020 can fuck itself in the ear.

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2020 11:39 AM

If you have worms you need a damn site more than just a 'cleanse.'

by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2020 1:32 AM

now do you believe us when we say eating shit is bad?

by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2020 1:32 AM

RIDDLED

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2020 1:34 AM

To double check this, ask your doc to send a stool sample to a legit lab for ova and parasites. If they don’t find anything, send your naturopath a side eye and dispute the bill.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2020 1:42 AM

Where TF do you live, OP? Whose trashy asshole have you been eating out? List all of this for us, so we can avoid places and people!

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2020 3:20 AM

[quote[]Whose trashy asshole have you been eating out?

His dog's, by the sound of things.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 3:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 3:27 AM

This is how you get rid of worms. I stole this from another DL’er, and can’t remember the exact details. First you put a piece of cheese up your ass. Then you put a mint up your ass. Repeat 2x. Finally put another piece of cheese up, and wait. When the worm pops out to ask “Where’s the mint”, boink it on the head.

by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 3:28 AM

I don't believe this shit for a second. You don't get rid of worms by going on a cleanse dear.

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 3:29 AM

I believe a naturopath would suggest it, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 4:13 AM

Did you test your dog for worms?

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 4:20 AM

How do people get worms?

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 4:23 AM

R8, I thought it was a lemon cake.

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 4:33 AM

It was hard-boiled eggs and lemon cookies.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 4:35 AM

[quote] went to a naturopath/energy reader

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 4:38 AM

Op you nasty

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 4:41 AM

Yeah, you can tapeworms from sushi. I've heard a horror story about a foot long one. I won't elaborate, because you know what happened.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 4:43 AM

OP rid us these worms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 4:43 AM

OP- " Parasites" are a common diagnostic trope for Naturopathic doctors that unfortunately ( rarely) have little basis in reality. In modern Western society, unless you are planting crops barefoot in cow manure and other such *niceties* the chances of you being exposed to parasites are slim to none. Here is a very witty take-down of this subject by an M.D. on his Science blog. Be sure to read to the end:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 4:59 AM

OP here, the naturopath put me on this cleanse. Plus zero sugar for three months.

My dog had her annual checkup just weeks ago when things opened back up and she had no worms.

I called my primary (who is also a friendly acquaintance) with this news and she didn't seem shocked at all. "Happens pretty often, we all host parasites . . . most likely from sushi" was her response. I do eat a lot of sashimi. She also recommended a cleanse to start and zero carbs while I'm on it.

She told me I'd be very intimate with my toilet for about a month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 5:03 AM

OP again, and I hear ya, R19.

At this point, I'm so desperate I'm willing to try anything. I left out some of the less savory details, but something ain't right with my lower bowels. So far, nothing has alleviated it.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 5:06 AM

Start at about 8:25 in the video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 5:26 AM

Sushi.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 5:39 AM

Sushit.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 5:48 AM

OP, why didn’t your MD take a stool sample? I would go back to her and get a real stool analysis done, in a medical lab.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 5:51 AM

OP, if you have worms, a cleanse won’t get rid of them (or do anything else useful). You need to have your doctor analyse a stool sample, and prescribe an appropriate anthelmintic to get rid of them. Worm your dog, too.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 6:04 AM

OP again, I'm taking in stool tomorrow to my primary so she can analyze as well. She knows the naturopath that saw me and trusts her, they work in the same university clinic together. (The naturopath is an ND/PhD in a research hospital and a respected "energy" person. I guffawed too until smart people I trust swore by her.)

I just kind of can't get over the thought of having worms in my body.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 6:08 AM

What are your sex practices, OP?

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 6:37 AM

I would think some kind of medicine would be necessary. If vets can deworm our pets, surely docs have something for humans!

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 6:47 AM

Once you have the test you will know for certain. There are some medicines that can knock them out quickly. Doubt a 'cleanse' will do anything.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 6:52 AM

OP you MUST get on proper de worming medicine, this is insane. The worms aren't going to be starved into submission like some fat kid denied his dessert.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 6:58 AM

You disgust me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 7:22 AM

I can tell you having worked a number of times in rural India treatment via drugs to kill parasites is unpleasant Very unpleasant. Today I'd try a Naturapath first to see what successful alternative treatments he offers.

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2020 7:24 AM

You need Pyrantel found in Reese's Pinworm Suspension

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2020 7:29 AM

Sorry, there is already an Academy Award winning film called "Parasite". Try something else.

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2020 7:40 AM

R34. No.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2020 8:01 AM

Worms are pretty common in children. All you need to do is take two doses of a tablet you can get from any pharmacy and they're gone in days.

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2020 8:06 AM

I don't believe your primary doctor talked to you over the phone, first of all. I definitely don't believe they discussed a diagnosis with you without having received paperwork from the other clinic, and I sure as shit don't believe they shrugged and said, "Sure, worms are totally common, that's probably what you've got, dude."

And I DEFINITELY do not believe a medical doctor prescribed a cleanse to treat parasitic worms. There is literally no evidence saying that a parasitic cleanse works. Just because Goop's website tells you it's real doesn't mean it is.

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2020 8:14 AM

Shit troll strikes again.

The truly sad part is he is probably the second or third most creative one on this website.Or should I say webshit.

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2020 8:18 AM

Those who eat sushi regularly usually have parasites.

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2020 8:25 AM

you are on dl, op.

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2020 8:27 AM

Our next door neighbor growing up had worms. She was probably 8 years old when it happened. I remember my mother saying the girl’s parents had to put a line of scotch tape on her butt crack while she slept and then in the morning when they took it off they found some small worms stuck on it.

Could that be true?

It’s burned in my memory.

Good luck OP.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2020 9:06 AM

I believe you can simply buy Albendazol tablets at a drug store and it should kill them

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2020 9:11 AM

I take Pyrantel or similar twice a year. It can come from raw vegetables (not well washed) etc.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2020 10:07 AM

Naturopath?!

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2020 10:24 AM

OP, if you have worms, you can see them in your shit. A simple dissolvable tablet will get rid of them. No "cleanse" is going to get rid of worms, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2020 10:34 AM

I was diddled by parasites.

To be fair, it was a dom sub situation that got out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2020 10:37 AM

OPs story is so obviously made up r38. Some people will believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2020 11:07 AM

Worms like to wriggle out of your butt at night and forage. So yes the tape on the but crack was probably true.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 11:07 AM

[quote]I'm riddled with parasites

Why don't you just go over there and sit with Erna.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 11:09 AM

You have Giardia. Get a stool sample order from your MD and confirm it. It’s easily treatable with antibiotics.

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2020 1:13 PM

the worms go in

the worms go out

the worms play pinochle on your ass

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2020 1:48 PM

thx for sharing

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2020 1:58 PM

R51 is dead-on accurate. A cleanse WILL NOT CORRECT THIS. You may feel MILDLY better temporarily, but absolutely you must take antibiotics. It's quite simple to diagnose. Tell your regular MD or whoever, that you think you have Giardia - it's not rare, but sure in the hell won't get cleared up with a cleanse.

by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2020 2:00 PM

Don't listen to r8! You need to use hard boil eggs and lemon cookies.

[quote] Hard boil a doxen eggs and buy eleven lemon cookies. Each day shove a hard boiled egg up your ass, wait a few minutes and shove alemon cookie up your butt. On the twelfth day shove the last egg up your ass and when the worm comes out and says "Hey where's my lemon cookie" hit it on the head with a hmmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2020 2:08 PM

American and Brits are so dirty that they normally wear their outdoor shoes in the house. No wonder they are afflicted with dementia.

by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2020 2:16 PM

OP, you might also have HIV, making you more susceptible to parasitic infection. Thankfully you have an energy healer to clear that all up.

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2020 2:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2020 2:27 PM

You need the real medicine, above all. If you are interested in a preventative in the future, eating raw garlic cloves makes your body much less tempting for the little creatures.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2020 2:27 PM

Worms? Go fishin'!

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2020 2:31 PM

Did you rim anyone in the past year?

by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2020 2:38 PM

R58 is a great parasite supplement and cayenne pills will also kill parasites, but start slow.

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2020 3:05 PM

“Happens pretty often, we all host parasites . . . most likely from sushi" was her response. I do eat a lot of sashimi. She also recommended a cleanse to start and zero carbs while I'm on it.”

I’m having a hard time believing that a board-certified physician made these statements - over the phone no less, without any diagnostics.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2020 3:18 PM

Neither a parasite supplement nor cayenne will kill Giardia, if that is what you have. Get to a real doctor for god's sake.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote] I’m having a hard time believing that a board-certified physician made these statements - over the phone no less, without any diagnostics.

We have at least one hardcore "sushi will give you worms!" troll. This whole thread has their pawprints all over it. If sushi were such a menace, the Japanese would be a worm-infested race. Alas they are not.

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote]the head with a hmmer.

Wrong head.

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2020 5:19 PM

Go to the dr OP. I have heard of taking liquid Grapefruit Seed Extract if the initial stool test is inconclusive as a just in case.

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2020 6:39 PM

OP here. For all the "no real doctor would take your call over the phone." As I mentioned, my primary is also a friend/acquaintance (our kids go to school together and we see each other socially often) and I called to ask her about the natural cleanse. This wasn't an in-person scheduled appointment like the one I had with her colleague, the ND/PhD who recommended starting with a cleanse.

Anyhow, as the primary recommended, I just dropped a stool sample at my regular clinic this morning. We'll see what they have to say. And yes, R67, I was told not to have any grapefruit within 24 hours of bringing in the sample.

(And why the hell would I make up a story like this?)

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2020 7:06 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a cleanse? How is it different from a fast? If it’s your intestines being cleansed, then what do you cleanse them with? Vinegar? Soap? Oil?

Also: how does a cleanse relate to a high colonic? Can someone get a cleanse and a high colonic at the same time or are they mutually exclusive?

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2020 7:40 PM

OP = FRAU = DIE BITCH CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2020 1:59 AM

[quote]I do eat a lot of sashimi.

Don't! This is what happens if you eat raw fish. You don't know where that fish comes from or who has handled it. Count your fucking blessings that you don't have hepatitis A, also.

Or, who knows? Maybe you do.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2020 2:28 AM

So many stupid fraus on this thread. All fish for sushi, sashimi and other raw presentation is flash frozen before thawed for prep. The freezing kills anything of concern.

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2020 3:02 AM

Source, r72?

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2020 3:06 AM

[quote] Don't! This is what happens if you eat raw fish. You don't know where that fish comes from or who has handled it. Count your fucking blessings that you don't have hepatitis A, also.

[quote] Or, who knows? Maybe you do.

Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2020 6:24 AM

R73, I'm not the person you asked, but here:

[quote]Deep-freezing fish can kill harmful parasites if the temperature stays cold enough long enough, according to F.D.A. guidelines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2020 10:01 AM

No way in hell that real doctor wouldn’t ask for a stool sample and discover worms but somehow a naturopath would.

You lost me at clean eating.

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2020 11:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!