Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 22

Carry on my wayward sons.

You're going to lead the CW's Fall lineup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 20, 2020 12:30 AM

Padalecki looks rough

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 10:42 PM

This show's still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 10:43 PM

Yesiree, R2!

Season 15, and it's better than ever!

Clearly it's good enough to lead the CW's Fall lineup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 10:47 PM

Season 15? It feels like that shit has been on the air since 1995

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 10:55 PM

Jared was supposed to star in a new CW series "Walker" this Fall, but it got pushed back.

So there will be an extra season of Supernatural, to make up for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 10:57 PM

Well, considering that they are the only show on the entire CW that has new, unaired episodes, of course, they’re going to lead the new season.

Too bad we will be in a world of disappointment when they air. The show is crap. The last 7 episodes won’t change that.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 10:58 PM

No, R5. There will NOT be an extra season of Supernatural. It’s a continuation of season 15.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 11:00 PM

Misha Collins (Castiel) is urging everyone to vote!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 11:06 PM

Is anyone genuinely worried about Jared?

by Anonymousreply 9July 31, 2020 8:15 AM

Worried about what, R9?

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 8:23 AM

"Is anyone genuinely worried about Jared?"

Nope. Not even Jared.

Just kidding. I'm sure he's all he thinks about.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 9:37 AM

The guys zoomed an interview together😍😍

They were talking to a reporter in New Zealand!!

They said they were getting ready to go back to Canada.

There was some notice online that said the filming of the last two episodes would start in late August (The 18th, I think) and end on September 11th.

by Anonymousreply 12August 1, 2020 4:13 AM

Worried that Jared won't kiss you?

by Anonymousreply 13August 1, 2020 2:48 PM

Hopefully you can see the video of the interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 1, 2020 9:27 PM

Jared looks so low energy.

I hesitate to say he looks down and depressed but he looks hella dead-behind-the-eyes,

Jensen looks subdued as well 🤔

by Anonymousreply 15August 1, 2020 9:30 PM

Has Jared ever played a gay role? I want to watch him making out with a dude.

by Anonymousreply 16August 1, 2020 10:55 PM

I'd bet that Jared would play gay.

He's pretty open minded and seems willing to branch out.

Jensen is a tight ass. He would never play gay. He didn't even like the implication of it, in the Supernatural scripts.

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 12:48 AM

There's already been repeated thread after repeated thread on this OP. Why did you find it necessary to come here and start another? Why? Why OP? Can you give us an intelligent, honest answer? Can you? Why would you come here and post this kind of shit yet AGAIN when there have already been so many prior threads on this EXACT same subject. Do you really think this is that damned interesting that it warrants another entire thread to be started? DO YOU??

Why couldn't you have done a search first OP? That would have been the polite thing to do. What you demonstrated was just plain selfishness. You have shown that you don't think about anybody but yourself. It's all about you and your own satisfaction. Next time before you post, do us all a favor and do a search. We don't need another duplicate thread just because of your laziness.

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 12:56 AM

Jensen did a movie about Marilyn Monroe, R17.

The character he played was gay. He was a friend of one of Marilyn’s friends. They seemed to be a couple.

Someone did a hysterical music video of his character, dressed in a fancy robe dancing to all sorts of music. It was magic.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 1:23 AM

Jensen's character in Blonde was bisexual. And his boyfriend's name was Cass.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 8:53 AM

How did Jensen do, playing gay/bi?

Was he convincing, or was it an over-the-top "stereotypical gay" type of performance?

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2020 9:12 AM

R12 August seems too soon. I would've thought in Sept/Oct.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2020 1:06 PM

I never watched the show in it's original run but due to quarantine I've slowly but surely been making my way through all 15 seasons on Netflix. I'm on season 10. It was fun and fresh in the earlier seasons but the plot lines are all just tired and predictable at this point. That being said, I'm determined to see it through to the end. And the boys are VERY easy on the eyes. Jared looked better when he was younger but he now has a receding hairline and the longer style does him no favors. Jensen still looks good.

Haven't paid any attention to the personal lives of the actors. Don't really care.

I hope they can safely film those last few episodes, give the fans closure and wrap this sucker up.

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2020 1:30 PM

Isn't it good, R23?

I honestly don't know why this show isn't more popular on Datalounge, because it's very campy and entertaining. Plus, both guys were/are cute.

It's also very homoerotic and the writing is really good. Some of the one-liners are better than on any other show I've seen.

I think that the show started getting off track around the middle of season nine. Right after the 200th episode of "Fan Fiction," in fact. Maybe after "Ask Jeeves."

From season ten through season fifteen, the show really went off the rails. I think that you will be very disappointed in the show from season 13 and 14, and you will pretty much hate season 15. The writing is just BAD in those seasons. Which is pretty much why I'm sure the actors decided to call it quits.

I think that the only reason Jared and Jensen stuck with the show for so long was because the writing was so good.

I'm glad that they are going to wrap it up soon. The fans have been waiting for closure since May.

Hopefully, the writers took the time to write a good ending, worthy of being the "longest-running American live-action fantasy TV series" in history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 1:48 PM

[R9]

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2020 1:57 PM

Yeah, after season 10 it seemed to diminish in writing quality. These last few years have been crap, thus the decision by Jared and Jensen to end it.

They’re going to be in Canada for two weeks before they start filming, R22. They’re gonna have to quarantine first.

Don’t remember much of the movie, R21. It was a TV movie, I think, which means the characters didn’t do anything even remotely physical. It was mostly implied.

Don’t hold your breath, R24. Not with these worthless, useless, pandering show runners.

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 5:49 PM

There was a movie?

by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2020 6:25 PM

Never mind. I read that wrong and thought you meant a SPN movie.

by Anonymousreply 28August 2, 2020 6:27 PM

Jensen's hair in that interview reminds of the little Dutch boy on the cans of paint.

by Anonymousreply 29August 2, 2020 9:44 PM

I actually don't think S15 is the worst season. It's the first time Dean's character has been dynamic after 10 years of stasis, for one. His blessing of Sam/Eileen and his apology to Castiel show him approaching his two most important relationships in a healthy way for the first time in a while.

Sam's scenes with Rowena, Eileen, and Chuck have been good. I feel like I have much more of a sense of him as a distinct character in this season rather than as an object for Dean to worry about, a relationship dynamic which, to my chagrin, many fans of this show seem to fetishize. Sam is in his late 30s, people. It's not 2005 anymore.

As for Castiel, he actually has some confidence and an identity outside of Dean. The lack of other angels to interact with has been good, since angels are always very stupid characters because SPN writers. Jack was really good for him (he tells Dean "I knew Jack would be good for us," btw) .

by Anonymousreply 30August 2, 2020 9:46 PM

S15 was definitely horrible, R30.

I can't even think of one episode that I'd want to watch again.

At least in S14 there was "Mint Condition" which was really good.

And in S13 there was the SPN classic "Scoobynatural," which is actually one of my favorite episodes ever.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 5:39 AM

Well, S15 isn't over yet. Also, The Trap is one of the more important episodes in the show's history in terms of mythology and character arcs. I've rewatched it several times. I liked The Heroes' Journey as well.

Regardless, it's not a season focused so much on rewatchable single episodes as it is on bidding farewell to SPN and all the characters involved with it. I think it's succeeded at that so far.

S9 and S12 are tied for the worst seasons for me. S13, S14 and S15 so far just above that.

Mint Condition was okay. I don't remember it super well. I liked Lebanon, Ouroboros, and Peace of Mind more, I think.

Scoobynatural was a wonderful technical achievement and had some great moments, but Dean Me Tooing Daphne got tiresome very quickly. I find the episode grating to watch for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 32August 3, 2020 9:40 AM

So there’s a picture of the two leads in the airport, I think. Some sort of garage, at any rate.

They’ve arrived in Canadia!!!

Hope they’re okay for the duration of filming.

by Anonymousreply 33August 3, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote] Scoobynatural was a wonderful technical achievement and had some great moments, but Dean Me Tooing Daphne got tiresome very quickly. I find the episode grating to watch for that reason.

In the normal world, that would be called flirting.

In SJW world, I guess that would be considered #metoo. So tiresome.

Anyway, the episode was amazing, and hilarious, and clever, extremely memorable. It was all in good fun, unless you purposely tried to take it too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2020 5:17 PM

In Canada

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2020 4:18 AM

Thanks R35!

So happy to see them back at work!

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2020 5:52 AM

No, it would not be called flirting. He repeatedly groped her without her invitation or consent, despite being rebuffed over and over. He presumes to decide for her that she "deserves better" than Fred, despite having met her five minutes before, essentially turning her into an object whose fate is to be decided by a contest between two men. Sam even points out that he's "creeping on" her. At no point does Daphne express any interest in him, yet he never takes the hint.

In the real world, this would be called sexual harrassment.

In the world of male chauvinism, which I suppose is the world between your ears, that kind of thing apparently is romantic. The fact that you label "SJW" and "#metoo" tiresome tells me all I need to know about your opinion of social issues.

Anyway, the episode was okay, sometimes funny, not especially clever, but yes, extremely memorable. I can think of at least ten superior SPN episodes on every measure other than memorability, which the animated production yields to Scoobynatural by default.

I'm able to hold multiple thoughts in my head at the same time, i.e. I can enjoy media and also point out its problematic aspects. The entire heuristic of "taking something seriously" obviating enjoyment of it is such a non sequitur.

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2020 5:57 AM

[quote] No, it would not be called flirting. He repeatedly groped her without her invitation or consent, despite being rebuffed over and over.

It was the 70's.

[quote] Sam even points out that he's "creeping on" her. At no point does Daphne express any interest in him, yet he never takes the hint.

Um, that's just Dean Winchester.

To quote Dean when he was sitting in the bar with Cass, waiting for Cupid to show up: "What show have you been watching?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2020 6:12 AM

Jake Abel has also started his self-isolation for the final shooting schedule.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2020 11:28 AM

Speaking of Jake, here he is making a Moscow Mule.

I was checking his Instagram for Vancouver photos, but I couldn't find any.

But this "Jake & Shake" video is just as good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2020 12:22 PM

I just watched the "Book of the Damned" episode, and the guy who played Jacob Stynes is so hot!

His name is Jeff Branson, and he is incredibly sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2020 8:50 PM

Jensen smokin' it with the hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2020 12:27 AM

Wow R42 he looks cute, but photoshopped.

Did he have work done on his face?

Because the SPN fans will be able to tell in two seconds, and they'll never stop bringing it up.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2020 12:43 AM

It's real. From a live YT feed today where Jensen, Jared, Misha & the band Kansas did a Zoom feed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2020 12:50 AM

Jensen's close up part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2020 12:54 AM

Jensen close up at 10.59 in clip.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2020 12:56 AM

RE: The video at R44:

Jensen looks like he hasn't aged.

He looks very pale, too.

Misha looks a bit older, and Jared still looks the same as he has in the past five years.

Is Jensen going to get a haircut?

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2020 12:59 AM

Listen to Jared at the 10 minute mark at R44.

He's really letting the Texas accent fly. Y'ALL!

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2020 1:06 AM

Listen to Jared at the 10 minute mark at R44.

He's really letting the Texas accent fly. Y'ALL!

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2020 1:06 AM

Can someone edit the above just to see Jared and Jensen?

Please!

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2020 2:00 AM

Not this shit AGAIN! I will fucking REJOICE when this shit finally goes off the air.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2020 2:04 AM

R41, that dude is better looking by far than either of "the brothers" in this shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2020 2:06 AM

This is what 42 looks like. Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2020 3:17 AM

I wish Jensen didn't have to cut his hair, it looks great this way. He's looking amazing. If he does a beard cutting video this year I hope it's before he cuts his hair. I want to see how I like the look beardless and with the longer hair too. :)

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2020 5:47 AM

Okay, I really need to know what Jensen had done, because he seriously looks better than ever.

Maybe it's just the filtered video/photo, but he still looks amazing. And pale.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2020 7:08 AM

Misha cant wait to run his fingers through Jensen's luscious hair!

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2020 7:22 AM

There is no filter on that pic. That is what Jensen looks like without makeup and in his regular everyday drag. I've seen him in person, He is a gorgeous man. Jared on the other hand has aged horribly, but his might be diet related. He's way too thin for a man his size.

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2020 12:50 PM

There is no way that Jensen hasn't had any work done.

Even back in his late 20's the guy had some serious crows feet around his eyes.

And now, he looks freshly nipped and tucked.

After a five month long quarantine.

Coincidence? I think not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2020 11:26 PM

The crow's feet are still there R58. You're just looking at two different photos, two different angles and way different lighting.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2020 11:35 PM

You're comparing a closeup photo to a Zoom screenshot

by Anonymousreply 60August 6, 2020 12:59 AM

Haha R3. Not.

by Anonymousreply 61August 6, 2020 1:03 AM

Filtered within an inch of his life R53. Ackles is a hard 42. He’s a good looking guy, but looks every year and then some. Is he still a smoker/drinker?

by Anonymousreply 62August 6, 2020 1:05 AM

I adore this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 6, 2020 1:10 AM

Is a horrible picture. It assaults my sensibilities. 🥴🥴

by Anonymousreply 64August 6, 2020 1:16 AM

You can tell that there is deep affection between those three at R63.

The show wouldn't have lasted this long without that true friendship.

by Anonymousreply 65August 6, 2020 1:19 AM

Came to see if these threads are still minion circle jerks. Was not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 66August 6, 2020 1:26 AM

I'm going to have the R63 pic made into a mural for my bedroom wall!

I can wake up to such gorgeousness each day!

by Anonymousreply 67August 6, 2020 5:31 AM

Seriously, R67?

If you do, please take a photo and post it here.

I would love to see the end result. I'm jealous!

by Anonymousreply 68August 6, 2020 6:02 AM

Jensen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 7, 2020 7:30 AM

What is it about guys in their 40's, like Jensen and Ryan Philippe, etc., trying to look like teens or twenty somethings?

They really need to act their age.

by Anonymousreply 70August 7, 2020 9:50 AM

Where or when has Jensen tried to look like a teen or twenty-something?

He’s not cut his hair during the pandemic so his hair is longer.

He’s not shaved either. He doesn’t shave anytime he’s away from work. His beard is pretty well established during every hiatus.

In what way is he trying to be or look younger, R70?

by Anonymousreply 71August 7, 2020 3:56 PM

If I didn't know who Jensen was, I would say he was 35. Same with Ryan Phillipe. As an actor, I'm sure he understands the importance of taking care of his skin and staying out of the sun or applying SPF 150 or something.

by Anonymousreply 72August 7, 2020 5:22 PM

This show is awful and the fans are insufferable.

One of the legal secretaries in my office is constantly droning on about this show and "the boys." She's sixty-something and still goes to the fan conventions. Seriously, she's spent tens of thousands of dollars on this crap. Her two Siamese cats are named Jensen and Jared, for god's sake. When the Emmy Awards were recently announced she wouldn't shut up about how the show and actors were "robbed once again."

Everyone in the office was rolling their eyes and laughing at her.

R72, I live in Austin and see Jensen all the time. I saw him and his wife one Saturday in early March at Hearth and Soul. I can assure you, R72, that he does not look thirty-five. On my life I will swear to you that if I didn't know his age, I'd put him at 48 or 49.

by Anonymousreply 73August 7, 2020 5:49 PM

You clearly have cataracts R73. I've seen Jensen in person. The guy does not look 48 or 49. C'mon now.

by Anonymousreply 74August 7, 2020 6:17 PM

PREACH r73.

These SPN Fraus are a plague on the Datalounge!

Ackles looks like he could easily be late 40s. Without all that fancy lighting and professional photography he looks much older than he is.

by Anonymousreply 75August 7, 2020 8:34 PM

He could [bold]easily[/bold] be 48 or 49. No way does he look 35. He doesn't even look as young as his age of 42!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 7, 2020 9:14 PM

Rough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 7, 2020 9:14 PM

R73 cut and pasted word for word what he wrote in one of the prior Supernatural threads.

He couldn't even come up with something new other than his lady at his office story.

Jensen lost weight when he trained for a marathon a little while back and looked a little older. Now he seems back to his natural look and indeed looks like someone in their thirties.

He's beautiful.

The irony is the truly obsessed are the deranged ones that hate him and the show and they follow every SPN thread they can find.

They can tell you more of what Jensen and Jared are up to at any one time more than the fans!

They're nutcases. Stalkers if you wish.

by Anonymousreply 78August 7, 2020 11:25 PM

Exactly, R78!

These hateful beasts look for Supernatural threads, just to trash the show.

I don't understand why they just can't leave the fans alone.

We aren't hurting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 79August 8, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote][R73] cut and pasted word for word what he wrote in one of the prior Supernatural threads.

You have absolutely lost your mind, R78/R79. Your post reeks of lunacy. I didn't even know Datalounge existed until a week ago and this is the first Supernatural thread in which I've posted. You're a perfect example of why this show's fans irritate me so badly. You can't accept any criticism. Anyone who disagrees with you is immediately branded a "hater" or a "nutcase," or to use R79's words, a "hateful beast." (R79 how was your gym class experience in high school?)

For the love of God, do you honestly believe that there's only one female uber fan being laughed in offices around the world? Give me a break.

And R76/R77 that's exactly what Jensen looks like in person. I'm sorry but he looks jowly and drawn and yes, older than his 42 years. My partner was with me when we saw him last and said he needed a facelift.

To be fair, Jensen was very good looking in his twenties up to his mid thirties, and he's certainly not hideous now. He just looks older than his age.

by Anonymousreply 80August 8, 2020 2:41 AM

Yeah, I’ve heard that “co-worker being a fan and spending lots of money at the conventions” before on other threads.

Don’t care for their commentary either way.

Leave the fucking thread, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 81August 8, 2020 2:55 AM

FOR FUCKS SAKE MURIEL SHUT THESE ABSURD SPN THREADS DOWN!!!!!!

These freaks are a million times worse than the soap threads.

Please!!!!

by Anonymousreply 82August 8, 2020 3:00 AM

[Quote] Leave the fucking thread, asshole.

Or just block that anon?? You don't own this thread. And there are [italic] plenty [/italic] of other places to discuss SPN.

by Anonymousreply 83August 8, 2020 3:59 AM

Oh please R80, as soon as you trotted out your 'there's a girl at our office' story you wrote in R73, it immediately pinged to me it's the exact same story you wrote in one of the other SPN threads that you've probably had a hand in trying to ban.

At least come up with a new made up story.

What gives you away is how defensive you were in R80 post.

As I wrote, you're one of these nutcases that stalk SPN threads and anything to do with Padalecki and Ackles. It's like a life long mission to somehow drive them into the dirt. And over a fictional show and a pair of actors you don't even know! LOL.

Honestly, you need to get a life and maybe some therapy to deal with your warped obsession with a show and its actors you hate.

by Anonymousreply 84August 8, 2020 5:22 AM

LMFAO R84 right now R80 has 20 goddamn W&Ws on this thread. I just trolldared him and today are his first spn posts. Some of us who've been here for years are fucking sick of you goddam SPN fans starting thread after thread about this dumbass show! JFC just look at the number of likes on here for posts when people are calling out this shitfest.

by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2020 5:27 AM

Sorry R85 but I think that the person who has all those WW's is giving them to him/herself.

They probably come to this thread every 24 hours and WW's their post. Then again, and again, and again. Just to make it seem like there are a lot of people giving them WW's.

But the reality is that it's only one person trying to make it seem like many people.

Someone here is obsessed with hating this show, and it's very bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 86August 8, 2020 5:48 AM

MY GOD! Everywhere it gets exhausting. #SPNFAMILY

by Anonymousreply 87August 8, 2020 6:31 AM

The hate this show gets on DL is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 88August 8, 2020 6:47 AM

Would this be the right time to suggest that Jensen should get an Emmy award this year?

Maybe even a Golden Globe for the Best Actor in a Television Drama category?

I really think he deserves it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 8, 2020 10:48 AM

Jensen's a pro!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 8, 2020 10:49 AM

R86 you're the one who sounds bizarre with the ridiculous theories.

by Anonymousreply 91August 8, 2020 12:39 PM

The SPN haters are so angry about everything. It's only a show on TV, you dolts.

The rage is truly bizarre. Their posts drip with so much animosity toward the show, the actors and the fans.

The fans are pretty harmless and on the whole polite.

You cant say the same about the haters. They are quite unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 92August 8, 2020 12:57 PM

I wonder if the hatred comes from the fact that the fan base is largely female?

by Anonymousreply 93August 8, 2020 3:11 PM

A female fanbase doesn't explain their unhinged almost seething anger at the fans, the show and the two leads.

I imagine half of them have a restraining order against them by some poor target they've singled out. They seem the type given the language they use..

by Anonymousreply 94August 9, 2020 1:38 AM

I have been in the fandom for a while to see some serious shit that's way beyond disappointing. It's embarrassing to be a part of the #SPNFAMILY sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 95August 9, 2020 2:17 AM

Jensen and Misha practicing for receiving their People's Choice Award.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 9, 2020 3:13 AM

Anger isn't toward the show, it's toward the over the top fans who Insist that Emmys are deserved and that the cast all look 10 years younger than they are.

by Anonymousreply 97August 9, 2020 8:36 AM

Oh sod off R97. It's a silly little show with a devoted fanbase. Who cares if they want their favorite actors two win Emmys or what anyone says about the ages of the actors. How is that causing you to lose sleep?

by Anonymousreply 98August 9, 2020 3:34 PM

I see a lot more on DL about how old and awful the actors look than how young they look. I commented that I thought Ackles looked fine (not young) in one photo, and a couple posters acted like I'd shit in their Wheaties they were so pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 99August 9, 2020 4:02 PM

I get making fun of fans of a show you think is crud. That is dime a dozen.

It's the seething anger underneath the Supernatural hate club that is puzzling.

For whatever reason, the show is attracting an unhinged bunch that have an unhealthy violent streak int heir nature that they direct at innocent fans of the show. Not to mention the unhealthy obsession with the show's leads.

They know MORE about all things Supernatural than the fans.

by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2020 5:49 AM

An hour of Jensen & Jared talking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2020 10:39 PM

Part 23 for when the paywall kicks in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2020 10:42 PM

The CW has FINALLY began showing re-runs of Season 15 of Supernatural, after ignoring the show since March.

They thought that Katy Keene would take the place of SPN, and that show bombed!

Bwahahaha. Good for the CW.

They deserved it, for putting Sam and Dean on the back burner. NOBODY puts Baby in a corner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2020 10:59 PM

Where, R103? When?

by Anonymousreply 104August 11, 2020 1:26 AM

“We aren't hurting anyone.”

Oh my sides. SPN is the single most hateful fandom, especially Jensen stans (although Misha stans give them a run). Those you call “stalkers” are simply those of us who used to like the show, until we didn’t, and live in fear of ever being associated with this frau fandom.

You should be ridiculed, and often.

by Anonymousreply 105August 11, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote]Sorry [R85] but I think that the person who has all those WW's is giving them to him/herself. They probably come to this thread every 24 hours and WW's their post. Then again, and again, and again. Just to make it seem like there are a lot of people giving them WW's.

This isn't possible. For one thing, once you W/W someone you can't do it again, not even 24 hours later. And even if you could in order to get that many W/Ws that comment would have to be ancient.

by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2020 2:22 PM

Someone posted this in the new Part 23 thread, but since this one isn't paywalled yet, I'll post it here.

It's for the Jensen haters who keep accusing him of being a Republican.

Clearly, after voting for Beto, and then now this... Jensen is NOT a Republican!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2020 7:14 PM

R106, off the top of my head I would say all they have to do is use different browsers(chrome, firefox,edge, tor, etc), different devices(say you have a tablet, a phone, a laptop) or a VPN(you can change where you are routed through pretty easily and make yourself seem like dozens of people), delete the cookies, to keep voting themselves up. In other words there are plenty of ways to vote themselves up, I doubt that many people even read this thread on a regular basis never mind give this person 12 WWs in a day.

R101 The J2 Stage it was cute, nice seeing the dogs. Icarus is an old boy now but he still looks like a puppy.

R107, People are idiots and will believe what they want to believe no matter if something saying the opposite smacks them in the face and tugs on their ear.

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2020 1:51 AM

R104, it's Sunday nights on the CW.

For me it's around 8 p.m., but you have to check your local listing.

It's only one night a week, but at least we get to watch Season 15 again.

Last Sunday was episode one, and according to zap2it, episode two will air this Sunday on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2020 1:56 AM

Sunday? Thanks, R109.

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2020 2:18 AM

[Quote] off the top of my head I would say all they have to do is use different browsers(chrome, firefox,edge, tor, etc), different devices(say you have a tablet, a phone, a laptop) or a VPN(you can change where you are routed through pretty easily and make yourself seem like dozens of people), delete the cookies, to keep voting themselves up. In other words there are plenty of ways to vote themselves up, I doubt that many people even read this thread on a regular basis never mind give this person 12 WWs in a day.

You've clearly put some thought into this.....

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2020 9:35 AM

[quote] Supernatural stars talk series ending, importance of voting with Cory Booker and MJ Hegar

Team Free Will believes in fighting for good, and the same can be said of Supernatural stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins.

On Tuesday, Collins, Ackles, and Padalecki released a Zoom conversation they participated in with senator Cory Booker and Texas senatorial candidate MJ Hegar to discuss everything from the Supernatural series finale to the importance of voting. Booker and Hegar are both members of the #SPNFamily — Booker reveals in the video that he's watched the series all the way through twice — and talked to the actors about what they're experiencing with the world right now and how everyone can work to implement the same values as the Winchesters in real life.

Throughout the video, all five individuals shared experiences they've had during the pandemic and their thoughts on why voting is so crucial. But Booker doesn't let the actors get away without discussing the show's future, asking Ackles about what the series finale holds. "Episode 19 feels kind of like the season finale for 15, and episode 20 feels like the series finale," Ackles said from his Vancouver apartment. (Both he and Padalecki are in the midst of their 14-day quarantine before they can resume filming the series after pausing production back in March.)

Ackles did, however, reveal one bit of information about the finale: "There have been some adjustments made from the scripts that we were going to shoot in March to the scripts that we're shooting now. We've had to accommodate a pandemic."

For more on the show and what you can do to make a difference in these unprecedented times, watch the video in full above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 12, 2020 8:17 PM

Cory is giddy and aflutter. Jensen can do that.

by Anonymousreply 113August 13, 2020 12:00 AM

That wouldn't work R109. You have to be logged in under your user name to vote up a comment. Once you've logged in and voted a comment up you can't do it again, no matter the browser, IP address, or passage of time.

by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2020 12:39 AM

@R101 Wow, so even in a pandemic they're still milking their fans for Convention $$$

by Anonymousreply 115August 13, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote] Cory is giddy and aflutter. Jensen can do that.

I'll bet that Jensen makes Cory's butthole twitch.

[quote] Wow, so even in a pandemic they're still milking their fans for Convention $$$

Nice work if you can get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2020 1:19 AM

I'm really starting to hate the long hair on Jensen.

It screams "I'm trying too hard!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2020 1:21 AM

On set shenanigans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2020 2:58 AM

Keenan Tracey was just on the "The One You've Been Waiting For" episode.

Omg, he is really hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2020 5:48 PM

What else has Keenan been in?

I'd love to see him acting in other things. He is VERY attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 13, 2020 5:51 PM

He's not hot, R119. He's greasy and gross and looks like he would stink and carry STDs.

by Anonymousreply 121August 13, 2020 11:56 PM

R111 I hadn't until it came up here, took about two minutes of thought, if that.

by Anonymousreply 122August 14, 2020 12:15 AM

Awesome SPN panel with Jared and Jensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 14, 2020 3:50 AM

THat was very cute!

Love them guys.

Especially the part where Jared said the first few years was like falling in love and a honeymoon period.

😍🥰🥰😍

Of course, Jensen’s first thought goes to us J2 peeps. 👏🏻👏🏻😬😬

by Anonymousreply 124August 14, 2020 6:30 PM

Keenan Tracey gets his good looks from his dad, Ian Tracey.

Keenan was in the SPN episode "The One You've Been Waiting For."

Then his father Ian Tracey appeared in the same season as "Ishim," in the episode "Lily Sunder Has Some Regrets."

In that episode, Castiel was a woman, and he lifts up Ian Tracey's shirt, to heal him. Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 14, 2020 6:34 PM

R125, Ian Tracey has played two roles on SPN. Ishim was his more memorable role. He other was an earlier one as Krissy’s hunting-obsessed Dad in S7.

by Anonymousreply 126August 15, 2020 10:41 AM

Omg you're right, R126! I remember Chrissy Chambers' dad, and thought he was hot. I didn't realize that it was also Ian Tracey.

I love how SPN re-uses actors to play different roles on the show.

The kid in the "Bugs" episode later played Alfie/Samandriel the weiner-on-a-stick angel.

The chubby extra in "Halt & Catch Fire" who was walking through the college dorm in nothing but a towel (he only had one line), later played the big fan of Hatchet Man in the "Mint Condition" episode.

And the actress who played the woman under the love spell in "Wishful Thinking" also played the wife of the car crash victim in "Halt & Catch Fire."

I'm sure that there are more double dippers in the 15 seasons, but these are all I can think of for now.

by Anonymousreply 127August 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Reminder: Season 15, Episode 2 airing tonight on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 128August 16, 2020 4:14 PM

Jared has serious fivehead.

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2020 4:39 PM

R127 if it weren't for SupernaturalWiki I wouldn't have known all these. Although Ian Tracey was remarkable that he stood out. Imagine my jaw when I learned Keenan was his son.

by Anonymousreply 130August 17, 2020 1:00 PM

[quote]Reminder: Season 15, Episode 2 airing tonight on the CW

I'm sure it will be a ratings Bonanza!

by Anonymousreply 131August 17, 2020 4:39 PM

Holy shit!

From "Variety:"

Finally on the CW, “Fridge Wars” continued its streak of 0.1 ratings and drew 381,000 total viewers. [bold]A “Supernatural” replay scored the dreaded 0.0 rating and drew only 199,000 viewers.[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 17, 2020 4:54 PM

I forgot it was on, again.

I have them all on my dvr anyway

by Anonymousreply 133August 17, 2020 5:00 PM

So, The Boys on Amazon.

Is it good?

Regardless, I’ll have to watch now.

Jensen will reunite with Kripke to be a Captain America-like character.

At least Jared will do something completely new to him, with new producers, directors, etc.

by Anonymousreply 134August 17, 2020 5:33 PM

R134, could you explain?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are Jared and Jensen going to be in a new series together?

[quote] A “Supernatural” replay scored the dreaded 0.0 rating and drew only 199,000 viewers.

CW has not even been advertising the show.

I only stumbled upon the re-run last weekend, by accident.

Most fans would not be aware that the CW is running season 15 again.

by Anonymousreply 135August 17, 2020 5:44 PM

There was an announcement that Jensen has been cast in season 3 of the Amazon show "The Boys". If you didn't know, Eric Kripke is the creator and producer of The Boys and you know he was (and maybe still has a hand in) the producer of Supernatural.

Unfortunately, this won't happen for a little while - S2 of The Boys is coming out next month and it seems at least a year goes by between their seasons. We won't see JA as the character "Soldier Boy" until mid-2021.

by Anonymousreply 136August 17, 2020 6:04 PM

Thanks, R136. How cool!

Looks like I have to subscribe to Amazon, but not until Jensen joins the show.

by Anonymousreply 137August 17, 2020 6:08 PM

On the other hand, they may start filming the next season of The Boys after JA gets done with finishing the last two episodes of Supernatural... he's currently in Vancouver to do those. Maybe we can look forward to some shots from them filming. Kripke and Ackles have a great relationship and I'm sure that Kripke will make sure he makes sure his buddy is put in the best light possible. I hope the movie roles pour in for JA after that.

by Anonymousreply 138August 17, 2020 6:10 PM

Baby steps, R138.

Let’s see how he does in this role before you start comparing him to Olivier .

This is why we can’t have nice things and are constantly mocked for our love of these two guys 🙄🙄

He probably didn’t get many offers post-Supernatural. Hence Kripke throwing him a bone. And I say this as a fan. Unfortunately this pandemic put a halt to a lot of projects.

by Anonymousreply 139August 17, 2020 6:18 PM

So apparently, Jensen is playing Soldier Boy, the guy with the dark hair and mask, in this comic strip?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 17, 2020 7:19 PM

Soldier Boy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 17, 2020 7:21 PM

At least Jensen's shitty acting will still be contained in the cesspool that is the CW.

It's the little things in these trying times.

by Anonymousreply 142August 17, 2020 7:29 PM

Oh shit, I didn't realize this was on Amazon prime. My BAD. Looks like I'm canceling.

by Anonymousreply 143August 17, 2020 7:30 PM

"Supernatural to Return in October With Final 7 Episodes Following Delay"

Supernatural‘s truncated swan song will, as promised, resume this fall: Season 15’s delayed final seven episodes will begin airing on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c, The CW announced on Monday.

The grand finale, meanwhile, is set to air Thursday, Nov. 19 as part of a two hour event. At 8/7c, The CW will air the retrospective Supernatural: The Long Road Home, followed by the final episode of the series at 9/8c.

The long-running drama’s farewell season was brought to an early halt in March due to the coronavirus pandemic, with only 13 of 20 episodes having aired.

“We, The CW, and Warner Bros. fully intend to return and finish the series,” executive producer Andrew Dabb assured fans in March. “It’s not a matter of ‘if,’ it’s a matter of ‘when.'”

After wrapping work on Supernatural this fall, Jared Padalecki will segue to a reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger, which is slated to debut in January 2021 on The CW. Jensen Ackles, meanwhile, is joining the cast of Amazon’s The Boys (more on that late-breaking piece of news here).

In other CW scheduling news, the network announced that one-and-done DC Universe drama Swamp Thing will launch on Tuesday, Oct. 6, while international acquisition Devils — starring Grey’s Anatomy vet Patrick Dempsey — will bow Wednesday, Oct. 7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 17, 2020 7:49 PM

My partner loves this show. Not Supernatural but the Boys. It's just too stupid for me but if your tastes lean toward 14 year old boy bathroom humor you'll love it.

Ackles is such a bad actor. The cringe worthy moments will be in full force.

by Anonymousreply 145August 17, 2020 8:45 PM

It's a great show and I hope that Jensen will have scenes with Chace Crawford. How fun would it be to be DP'd by Jensen and Chace, two hot Texas boys. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 146August 17, 2020 9:13 PM

I think Chace Crawford is a bottom, R146.

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2020 12:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2020 12:35 AM

Ha Ha.

The haters heads are going to collectively explode with news that Jensen is to play a Superhero role in Season 3 of The Boys.

They so willed for him to crash and burn post SPN and now they have the burden of his continued success as a Superhero!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2020 1:35 AM

Let's not get crazy here, r149. Eric Kripke threw him a bone because Hollywood wasn't exactly busting down his door. I don't think this is going to be the role that gets Jensen that Emmy everyone on this crazy thread keeps screeching about.

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2020 2:45 AM

R150, Jensen never has to work again. No one threw this guy a bone. You should really see someone regarding this irrational hatred you have for someone whom you have never met or know anything about beyond internet gossip.

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2020 2:47 AM

I’m a fan and I think Kripke threw him a bone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2020 3:46 AM

Next stop will be Superhero on the big screen!

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2020 9:21 AM

The boys in black...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2020 8:00 PM

Beautiful last episodes poster 🥰😍

The two brothers only , as it should be .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2020 9:33 PM

Jared Padalecki is considered to be a hottie? Why?

by Anonymousreply 156August 19, 2020 3:59 PM

Padelecki got a job pretty soon after Supernatural, and the interesting thing is supposedly Jensen is the one who’s more professional and easier to deal with. The stories I’ve read imply he does his job and leaves other people alone.

It does seem like he looked around for work and couldn’t find anything, and he was put on The Boys as a consolation prize. At least he’s worked with the CW for long enough that they know he’s not going to harass coworkers like Jared did “in fun.”

The part doesn’t seem well suited to his personality, from what I’ve heard, so it does seem like he was hastily fitted in.

All three of these guys are getting older and should be looking for character parts. They’re not eye candy any more. Misha is going to have a rough time, he’s not known much outside of the CW and he’s too old to play romantic leads. Maybe somebody’s dad or character roles. When he was temporarily fired a few seasons ago, he played guest roles in various series and got killed off pretty quickly.

Jared got lucky being casted playing a sheriff, you can be quite a bit older playing that. I wonder if Jared’s behavior will be controllable on the set without Jensen there to smooth it over.

by Anonymousreply 157August 19, 2020 7:52 PM

Jared is nowhere near the level of crazy as Armie Hammer, and yet Armie keeps getting work.

Jared will be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 158August 19, 2020 7:55 PM

Jensen will now be available for the leading man roles he should have had in movies.

by Anonymousreply 159August 19, 2020 8:29 PM

All of the above are Lifetime Telemovie candidates...cuckolded husbands, stalkers, rapist stepfathers, and the sexy loner/widower for awful holiday movies with Melissa Joan Hart or Leann Rimes.

by Anonymousreply 160August 19, 2020 11:29 PM

Jared and Jensen are different types of actors and have different looks. Jensen is much more "traditionally leading man handsome" while Jared is handsome, he's not handsome like Jensen is handsome. They are not going to be up for the same roles.

by Anonymousreply 161August 19, 2020 11:50 PM

Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Return to Supernatural Set to Shoot Final Episodes!

The Winchesters are back at work shooting Supernatural‘s final episodes — and we’ve got a first look straight from the set.

Filming on the long-running CW drama’s final two episodes resumed in Vancouver on Aug. 18, the humorously-dubbed SPN Tape Ball Instagram account confirmed late Tuesday. The accompanying image features stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki seated near each other in the Men of Letters bunker, while the masked tape ball is on the opposite end of the table. “When their Covid test results come in before yours,” reads the cheeky caption.

The 15th and final season was brought to an early halt in March by the global coronavirus outbreak, with filming completed on 18 of the final 20 episodes at the time. However, the closure of the visual effects and sound departments meant that the already-shot installments could not be finished. As a result, Episode 13 was the last one to air on March 23.

In early August, Ackles and Padalecki arrived in Vancouver to begin their mandatory 14-day quarantine before the start of filming. The series is currently shooting its penultimate episode, titled “Inherit the Earth,” exec producer Jim Michaels shared on Twitter.

Supernatural’s remaining seven episodes are slated to unspool this fall on The CW, beginning Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c. The grand finale, meanwhile, is set to air Thursday, Nov. 19 as part of a two-hour event, with the retrospective Supernatural: The Long Road Home airing at 8 pm, followed by the final episode of the series at 9 pm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 20, 2020 1:28 AM

[Quote] When he was temporarily fired a few seasons ago, he played guest roles in various series and got killed off pretty quickly.

Wait what?? Why was he fired??

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2020 4:07 AM

His storyline was presumably over. His story arc was finished.

I curse the day Sera brought that asshole back into the show.

I guess this was around the time social media was becoming better known and the show runners stupidly listened to the loud, obnoxious, entitled fans who wanted that useless angel back.

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2020 4:39 AM

R156 you never heard of Tom_2005, have you?

by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2020 4:50 AM

R164 and Sera got fired for tanking the S7 ratings which was a good decision. She was an awful showrunner, as a writer though, I love her episodes. But her firing came the best Season post-classic SPN, Season 8

by Anonymousreply 166August 20, 2020 4:55 AM

What is the real story behind Mark Sheppard's (Crowley) exit?

by Anonymousreply 167August 20, 2020 4:58 AM

Nobody really knows, R167.

Some have said that he wanted to be able to say a particular line before his death and they didn’t let him.

Others have said that It had been agreed upon that both Sheppard and Collins were to leave the show during that season finale and he had said okay but at the last minute they decided to keep that asshole Collins and he was understandably pissed.

Who know, but it was definitely the show runners that pissed him off.

by Anonymousreply 168August 20, 2020 5:11 AM

[quote] you never heard of Tom_2005, have you?

I'm not R156 but what's Tom_2005?

by Anonymousreply 169August 20, 2020 5:26 AM

R152 It's highly doubtful Kripke suddenly threw him a bone. This has most likely been a done deal for months, at least in the sense that it was decided he'd do it. At the Golden Globes in early January 2020, Jensen attended the Amazon party, this is probably one of the reasons why. Also Jensen spoke at a convention in the fall of 2019 about having "meetings" scheduled during the Holiday break, which I think started in early December 2019. This was probably one of the meetings.

Who knows the original talks could even go back to the summer of 2019, when as we know from what Jensen has said, he called Kripke to discuss what the writers told him SPN would be ending, not because Kripke is involved in SPN as a creative force anymore, but because he trusts Kripke's judgment and wanted to hear his take on it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was when the subject of Jensen taking a role in The Boys after SPN ends first came up, or at least came up as a serious possibility.

But then there was the whole scheduling issue due to Covid. That probably put a lot of things on hold until it could all be worked out. I think they also wanted the announcement to be an "event" in a way and it was. The Boys and Jensen trended for hours on Tumblr and Twitter, just in time for The Boys second season to start in a couple of weeks. There was also the announcement of when SPN's final episodes would be airing, within hours as well. I'm pretty sure that was all planned to create "buzz" for both shows and Jensen of course too.

R134 How it is new to Jared? He and his manager David Spero got together to produce a remake of an old show, shopped it around and the only place that picked it up was the network Jared is working for now, The CW. Jeremy Carver's wife Anne Fricke is going to be a writer and producer as well(Jeremy Carver was showrunner of SPN for a few seasons,8 thru 11). Spero's name was removed as a producer after his sexual misconduct scandal on Survivor but he's probably still quietly around.

He's also basically playing Sam the Cop, who most likely will be right nearly all the time, it is "Walker Texas Ranger" after all. Notice Walker's gay brother is going to be a conservative? So they get to say "hey look how woke we are"(a little late) having a regular gay character but Jared's character will still get to be right most of the time. The whole show is basically based around making his character look good. And he's going to be working in the same town he lives in, Austin.

Yes Kripke and Sgriccia are familiar faces for Jensen but he's going to a totally new network, a new type of working for him with it being on a streaming network with a smaller number of episodes. a new city(I don't believe he's ever worked in Toronto at least not for any length of time) and a character that is very different from any character he's played before. Aside from working with a couple of people he trusts, he's leaving his comfort zone and taking a chance.

I think it's a smart move - he's not immediately going into something where he's the star(the guy who runs the CW loves Jensen and Jared, if Jensen had decided to produce his own starring vehicle like Jared, they'd most likely have picked that up too, if Jensen was unable to get anyone else to bite), he's going for an interesting role unlike he's ever done before in an ensemble cast. Which will probably be a more effective way out of type-casting.

Hopefully it'll scrape off some of the more annoying fans too, the ones who are always finding a reason to be offended about something or another. I doubt they will be able to stomach The Boys. People are already trying to warn them "Um...this show is very dark, very violent, the characters are all bad people, enter at your own risk". No one is going to care about them whining about how offended they are about...whatever...because the whole show is about bad, offensive people, where even the "good guys" are mostly only good in the sense that they are against people who are even worse

by Anonymousreply 170August 20, 2020 6:28 AM

R164 thanks for answering. Not sure why you think Misha is an asshole....

by Anonymousreply 171August 20, 2020 9:10 AM

R168 Mark talks about his exit on Michael Rosenbaum's podcast Inside of You. He also has episodes with Jared, Jensen, and Misha for his Supernatural series. Great interview with them too btw. But, yeah, Mark talks about how his exit was handled so poorly by TPTB. He has no bitterness towards the cast and crew (and he also mentions how he invited them to his wedding).

by Anonymousreply 172August 20, 2020 10:18 AM

R169 won't tell you myself but let me whet that appetite. It involves Paris Hilton and, allegedly, Chad Michael Murray. It's juicy.

by Anonymousreply 173August 20, 2020 10:20 AM

Chad was an idiot to cheat on Sophia with Paris.

by Anonymousreply 174August 20, 2020 10:32 AM

Spill it, R173!

If it involved CMM and Paris Hilton, then it probably had something to do with "House of Wax," since all three were in that movie together.

Did something go down (or someone?) during filming in Australia?

C'mon, don't be a tease!

[quote] Not sure why you think Misha is an asshole....

There is a seriously unhinged Misha hater on all the SPN threads, who has never explained why they hate Misha. They just do.

I think it's just jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 175August 20, 2020 3:48 PM

I don't know how anyone could stand to watch Supernatural for more than two minutes. The two leads are absolutely abysmal. They couldn't act their way out of a reverse mortgage commercial. And the "fandom" is batshit crazy, full of people like R170 who know esoteric minutiae about the actors, scripts and directors.

by Anonymousreply 176August 20, 2020 4:04 PM

R170, you just basically stated that Kripke threw him a bone, but with a lot more words. If Ackles had a better offer, he would have taken it.

by Anonymousreply 177August 20, 2020 7:13 PM

The poor haters can't bare that both leads are now moving onto other shows.

The haters dream of crash and burn post SPN hasn't masterialised for J2

by Anonymousreply 178August 20, 2020 9:06 PM

I think R178 hit the nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 179August 20, 2020 11:21 PM

Really, R178 aka R179? Jared's shitty show will flame out quicker than TWA Flight 800 and Jensen essentially got a sympathy fuck from Kripke because no one else had come knocking.

If you're honestly expecting these guys to become film stars you're crackers.

by Anonymousreply 180August 21, 2020 12:33 AM

Who said anything about film stars? Why are you pulling shit out of your ass?

by Anonymousreply 181August 21, 2020 12:41 AM

Well then I guess that leaves Misha to join the Arrowverse.

by Anonymousreply 182August 21, 2020 1:37 AM

I'm surprised at how long this thread is lasting. I've been posting in the new one because I've put things at the very end of threads before, only to have it become subscriber-only right after. With my luck, that'll happen after this too, lol.

Anyway, a new role is cool, but I'm most looking forward to more of Jensen's music. I'm dreaming of a like...Bon Iver or Hozier kind of folk-rock album. I think that's more in his wheelhouse than the power rock he seems to gravitate towards.

I'm not sure whether I'll watch Walker yet. I guess I'm not sure what kind of show it's going to be. I wonder if fans will ship Jared's character with his gay brother...Walkercest?

Misha says he's finishing a book of poetry and hopes to publish it. He's also doing tons of political stuff (another TeamJoe livestream with Andrew Yang a couple days ago). I have a feeling he's done with acting aside from one-off or guest starring roles (and, of course, the inevitable SPN reunion specials, movie, etc.). It was never his passion and everyone says that other sets are a huge comedown relative to the SPN one.

by Anonymousreply 183August 21, 2020 8:04 PM

[Quote] and everyone says that other sets are a huge comedown relative to the SPN one.

Really? Everyone? I find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 184August 22, 2020 12:23 AM

I'm as shocked as you are, R183. These Supernatural threads always end up paywalled after only 100 posts. It's weird.

As for Jared and Walker, he's only 36 years old, but Jared needs to get "it" while he can.

His looks have really hit the wall, as much as it pains me to say it.

Jensen, on the other hand, looks better than ever. And he's five years older than Jared!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 22, 2020 12:28 AM

R184 actors who come on set often say that the SPN one has a very different atmosphere. That's not really surprising given the number of people who say this

by Anonymousreply 186August 22, 2020 3:24 AM

The actors, producers and directors set the tone for a tv series.

If they're divas or ego maniacs, then everyone will feel it.

Supernatural would never have last for 15 seasons, if that was the case.

You can tell that the leads really like each other, the writers (up until recently) have been top-notch, and the producers and directors have made the show their priority. Most of them have been doing it for the duration of the series.

I'm guessing that Jared and Jensen have also been extremely welcoming to newcomers and guest stars. Hence, the parade of well known actors, from Hal Linden, to Barry Bostwick, to Rick Springfield, to Helen Slater, to Alicia Witt, to Linda Blair, to Sterling K. Brown, to Loretta Devine.

And the list goes on and on.

by Anonymousreply 187August 22, 2020 3:41 AM

R186 different? I can believe.

R187 Jared has acted unprofessionally on set. And other shows have continued reguardless of how the actors behave. The writing went to shit by season 6. But it's always a good thing when the leads are welcoming and not clique-ish.

by Anonymousreply 188August 22, 2020 3:57 AM

Or R176, you just read Jensen's Tumblr tag and an SPN message board and other people do all that work for you. :) I've read other people mentioning these things. I don't listen to hours of convention panels on youtube. I just remember last year reading in a summary of a convention Q & A that Jensen mentioned these meetings. I remember reading in an article about the filming of the final SPN season last year that Jensen was quoted as saying he called Kripke last summer about SPN's ending.. Someone mentioned he did the Amazon thing at Golden Globes, which jogged my memory about that. For example I recently read that at a convention a year ago he gave a long answer involving comparison between SPN and The Boys. This certainly showed he was familiar with the show by this time last year and the show only premiered on Amazon at the end of July 2019, so that would have been within a month or two afterward.

You can spend maybe an hour a week in SPN fandom and learn most of this info and it doesn't take all that much thought to put the pieces together. Sorry if it damages the idea that Jensen went begging to Kripke for a job at the last minute because he couldn't find anything else. I feel like it's safe to say something has been in the works for at least a year, it was just a matter of hammering out the details, which became more complicated with Covid-19, and timing the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2020 8:34 PM

Is SPN the only television series currently back in production again?

I haven't heard of any others.

by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2020 8:37 PM

R188 That is what the guest actors, etc have frequently said, that it's a very welcoming set. This is why they like it.

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2020 8:39 PM

I used to think Jared was adorable - button nose, dimples, very twinkalicious. But over the years his looks have taken a down turn. His receding hairline is exacerbated by the longer hairstyle and does him absolutely no favors. He needs to cut it and find a way to cover his expanding fivehead.

Jensen, on the other hand, is aging like fine wine.

by Anonymousreply 192August 24, 2020 1:01 AM

R191 that doesn't mean it's the [italic] only [/italic] set to have a friendly or welcoming atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2020 5:31 AM

[quote]Who said anything about film stars? Why are you pulling shit out of your ass?

You are HIGH? There are literally hundreds of posts on these threads yapping about Jensen being Batman or Red Hood or what-the-fuck-ever in the Marvel Universe.

Comment after comment talks about his making the "leap" to the big screen so he can rightfully claim his place as a movie STAH.

R189, You're definitely in the right fandom because you sound NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2020 6:21 PM

[quote] Jared's shitty show will flame out quicker than TWA Flight 800 and Jensen essentially got a sympathy fuck from Kripke because no one else had come knocking.

LMFAO!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 195August 24, 2020 7:11 PM

You really are a hateful beast, R195.

Just wait until "Walker" gets renewed again, and again, and again.

You'll be wallowing in your own putrid bile.

by Anonymousreply 196August 24, 2020 8:12 PM

Woohoo! They just released a trailer for the last seven episodes!

I can see a little Dean and a tearful Sam telling Dean that he’s always been there for him.

I hope it doesn’t mean Dean is going anywhere ☹️

by Anonymousreply 197August 28, 2020 2:44 AM

Trailer since R197 decided not to post it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 28, 2020 3:07 AM

[quote] I hope it doesn’t mean Dean is going anywhere ☹️

Reading through the comments on the youtube video, they all seem to think that Castiel is the one who dies.

I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 199August 28, 2020 6:50 AM

As angel and demon death ever been explained on Supernatural? I don't understand it. Aren't angels and demons already dead? So if Castiel dies, what happens to him? I know they had some "world of oozing blackness" or something is that the angel/demon final final death?

by Anonymousreply 200August 28, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote] As angel and demon death ever been explained on Supernatural? I don't understand it. So if Castiel dies, what happens to him?

Yes, SPN canon states that when angels and demons die, they go to "The Empty."

It's a place of darkness and nothingness.

When lucifer killed Castiel at the end of season 12, he went to The Empty.

[quote] Aren't angels and demons already dead?

Angels are not dead. They're spirit creatures.

According to SPN canon, demons were once human but they were turned into demons after they died. I'm not exactly sure how, but they were "turned" or something like that.

It's another thing on SPN that differs from the Bible, which says that demons are actually fallen angels who followed the Devil.

by Anonymousreply 201August 28, 2020 4:18 PM

Thank you R201.

by Anonymousreply 202August 28, 2020 9:56 PM

Thank god this shit is coming to an end!

Woo Hoo!

No more SPN Fan Fraus!

by Anonymousreply 203August 28, 2020 10:03 PM

One can only hope, R199.

Demons become demons after thousands of years of torture. Just like how they kept torturing Dean when he went to hell until finally one day he finally said yes, he’d start torturing people as well.

That is what supposedly started the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 204August 29, 2020 2:17 AM

R203 they can harass The Boys thread now thanks to Jensen.

by Anonymousreply 205August 29, 2020 2:22 AM

This is beautiful. I need to move to Vancouver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 29, 2020 4:10 AM

I want to be friends with this guy.

He's a Supernatural Super Fan.

It looks like he goes to a lot of conventions, and met all of the cast. Lucky guy.

He also has a good Youtube Channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 29, 2020 7:44 AM

R193 Where did I ever say it was the ONLY friendly or welcoming set? I was just responding to R188 's comment. But some guests have said it's the best set they've ever been on so for some of them it was the most welcoming and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 208August 29, 2020 9:52 PM

Damn, Padalacki is a rough looking 38.

Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 30, 2020 12:24 AM

That hair does him no favors. The scruff ages him as well.

Give him a break, though,

He’s super emotional considering these are the last few days of him being on that set. A place he’s been in for 15 fucking years. He practically, no, Hell, he literally grew up there.

by Anonymousreply 210August 30, 2020 1:59 AM

Don't be ridiculous R209.

He looks fine for his age.

I know you are probably only used to perving on barely legal twinks like Tom Holland etc, but get a grip you fool.

by Anonymousreply 211August 30, 2020 2:01 AM

Sorry but 209 is right. Jared hit the wall early. It isn't that he just looks older than his age, he also looks bad, like he's unhealthy. He looks like a big drinker in 209's pic.

by Anonymousreply 212August 30, 2020 2:08 AM

This is very emotional for them. Jensen started to cry on his instagram showing the last page of the last script saying, instead of the usual "to be continued", "The End". In response to Jared's post, Jensen said "Here we go, brother. This one's for all the marbles". In response to Jensen's video, Misha responded "Don't make me cry. Again" and Jared responded "Let's take 'em home brother"

by Anonymousreply 213August 30, 2020 2:35 AM

Jared has needed a haircut for the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 214August 30, 2020 2:43 AM

They both look older than their actual age, and it's ridiculous to think that they're still "monster hunting" age. This show has limped along for far too long. It should've ended after season 5.

by Anonymousreply 215August 30, 2020 2:48 AM

It's emotional for ME, R213!

I think the pandemic and being stuck at home for six months has really made them appreciate the show, even more than they already did.

It made them appreciate the SPN family, the crew, the cast, and most of all each other.

I'm so very hoping that these months away have energized them to put their all into the final episodes. Back at the beginning of the year, they might have been burned out after doing 15 years of this show, and maybe even just wanted it to be all over. But now, hopefully they are recharged and ready to blow this thing out!

They should feel very lucky that they're some of the very few actors in the business who are actually back to work and filming, so the guys really should make the most of it.

Most importantly, I hope that the writers took this time off to give the show the ending it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 216August 30, 2020 3:47 AM

As someone who has been very critical of Jared's looks in the past few years, I think he looks good at R209.

He still needs a haircut, but I like the lighter color. It's kind of a surfer look.

Still, a new style would do him wonders. Sometimes, people get stuck in a rut with their hair style. You ever wonder how some old ladies end up wearing the same style for decades? Same thing. Either they're scared to change, or they think that it looks great.

Jared must be really stubborn, because I'm sure that the people around him have been telling him to cut his hair for years.

by Anonymousreply 217August 30, 2020 3:51 AM

Whatever, R217.

He looks awful. Jared's looks changed more than any ones I've ever seen. He wasn't super handsome or beautiful when he was younger, like Jensen, but he was always a very attractive young man. Now he just looks totally different. I've always wondered if it had something to do with the psychiatric medication that he takes. He might look a little better if he cut his hair, but his face is just entirely different from what it used to be. He looks like shit. Jensen looks much older than he is but he is still attractive, even with the old man neck and eyes. Guys that are into Daddies will still like him.

by Anonymousreply 218August 30, 2020 6:16 AM

I like his eyes in that pic and I love his dimples when he smiles.

Agree that he needs a haircut. Maybe he'll do it once the show is over.

by Anonymousreply 219August 30, 2020 3:39 PM

The Jared is busted and Jensen looks so much older than his years is such made up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 220August 31, 2020 6:32 AM

R220 I'm sure J2 have heard worse.

by Anonymousreply 221August 31, 2020 7:59 AM

Check out these Supernatural TikTok videos.

So cool!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 31, 2020 8:55 AM

Extended trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 31, 2020 4:29 PM

I can't believe this show is still running or that anyone still watches it. Aren't the demon hunters old men now??? Sleeping in your classic car at 20 is one thing but at 45?

by Anonymousreply 224August 31, 2020 5:00 PM

It looks fantastic R223.

Can’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 225August 31, 2020 5:08 PM

"A Day in the Life" of Supernatural.

Very interesting.

Jared seems very intimidating. Very intense.

Misha seems very easy going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 3, 2020 7:32 AM

[Quote] Jared seems very intimidating. Very intense. Misha seems very easy going.

You don't say 😆

by Anonymousreply 227September 3, 2020 9:48 AM

Okay, that video was a complete joke. Nothing about that was real.

Do you people not know ridiculousness when you see it?

Of course, most of us don’t really know the actors. We know the Jared and Jensen that they let show in other videos and interviews and other unguarded moments.

So eager to hate them.

by Anonymousreply 228September 3, 2020 4:42 PM

If there was ever a person made for a role, it's Misha Collins and Archer.

Misha looks exactly like the cartoon character Archer, and he even has the funny voice thing going on.

Someone should make a movie version of Archer using real people, starring - of course - Misha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 4, 2020 3:29 AM

R229 i'd say Henry Cavill is the popular choice for Archer.

by Anonymousreply 230September 4, 2020 4:15 AM

I've been listening to Jensen more lately. I like to imagine him serenading Misha with this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231September 4, 2020 6:11 AM

A smeared wad of gum on a hot pavement would have more personality and acting ability than Collins.

by Anonymousreply 232September 5, 2020 2:41 AM

R232 thank God others don't share the same opinion as you.

by Anonymousreply 233September 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Well, damn, check out Jared’s brother 😯

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 7, 2020 7:32 PM

R234 His brother is 6ft 7 and as mentioned, a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 235September 7, 2020 9:48 PM

So the two leads, Jensen and Jared are each getting an Impala!!!!

How awesome is that!!!

They each get one and the studio, WB, gets the third working model.

Woohoo.

The idiotic Collins fans are throwing ridiculous hissy fits at this.

I find their rage delicious 😝😝

by Anonymousreply 236September 8, 2020 7:14 PM

[Quote] The idiotic Collins fans are throwing ridiculous hissy fits at this. I find their rage delicious 😝😝

Pathetic much? 😑

by Anonymousreply 237September 9, 2020 12:48 AM

Nope, it’s karma.

He has lousy, demanding, deluded fans and they never need to be heard from again.

Don’t know how true it might be but I read Collins won’t be in the last two episodes. God. I hope it’s true. 🙏🏻

by Anonymousreply 238September 9, 2020 1:01 AM

I think that Castiel's storyline has to end with him making good on his deal with The Shadow from The Empty.

TNT just finished airing season 14, and in the episode where Jack died, Castiel made a deal with The Shadow that if he would let Jack return to his life on Earth, then The Shadow could immediately take him to The Empty.

The Shadow agreed, but said he would wait to take Castiel. He said, he would take him when Castiel is at his most happy point, with the sun shining on his face, and then... boom. He would steal Castiel's happiness and take him to The Empty.

So I'm pretty sure that storyline must be resolved before the series ends.

by Anonymousreply 239September 9, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote] Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Expands Upon 'Possibility' of Revival — Plus, Bruce Campbell as John Winchester?!

Having trouble accepting that Supernatural‘s series finale is fast approaching? Well, according to star Jensen Ackles, you might not be without Dean and Sam Winchester for long, even after the long-running CW drama signs off on Thursday, Nov. 19.

Speaking with Michael Rosenbaum on his “Inside of You” podcast, Ackles echoed his comments from the August 2019 Television Critics Association press tour that the series is bidding adieu — for now. “I’ve always thought that there was a possibility of five years down the road, getting the call and saying, ‘Hey, let’s do a little short-order action for a streaming network and bring it back for six episodes,'” Ackles told Rosenbaum.

“I do feel like this isn’t the long goodbye right now,” he continued. “I feel like this is, ‘Let’s hang this in the closet for now, and we’ll dust her off down the road a bit.'”

Speaking of the road, Ackles confirmed that when the show wraps, he will be taking home the “hero” Baby Impala that he and co-star Jared Padalecki drove most prominently. “I’m gonna clean her up, but not change anything,” Ackles shared. “I’m gonna need to add an air conditioning unit because we live in Texas. I’m probably gonna get some new speakers, a radio system in there that actually works. But everything else, I’m gonna leave the creak in the doors, the splits in the seats.”

Ackles also dropped a fun bit of trivia about the almost-casting of Dean and Sam’s dad, John Winchester. Because Jeffrey Dean Morgan was only 12 years older than his eldest TV son when he played the role in the pilot flashbacks, the producers wanted a different actor to portray the character when he came back into the story. “They actually went out to [Evil Dead vet] Bruce Campbell to play Present-Day Dad,” Ackles revealed. “That was the only person that they wanted. Ultimately, they couldn’t make it happen, whether it was [because of] schedule or whatever. So they kind of threw their hands up in the air, and they’re like, ‘Well, maybe we can just age Jeff up and have him come back and play an older version of himself.'”

Supernatural‘s delayed final seven episodes will begin airing on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8/7c on The CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 9, 2020 1:21 AM

Just let it die

by Anonymousreply 241September 9, 2020 1:38 AM

OMG!

In Michael’s podcast Jensen talks about making out with Jared!! 😳😳

Regardless of the pandemic!! 😛😛

It’s a fun moment. Rosie egging him on. Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 242September 9, 2020 5:34 PM

From your lips to god's ears, R241.

This shitty show is on in every hospital I've ever worked in. I fucking hate it and the nobody actors and freakish, over-the-top lunatic fans.

by Anonymousreply 243September 9, 2020 8:52 PM

Aww, all the guest stars as well as the two guys are sending messages and they are lovely.

Today was the last day of filming for the show.

Jensen looked like he had been crying. Jared tweeted at the beginning of his day.

Even Shepard tweeted a lovely message to cast and crew.

by Anonymousreply 244September 11, 2020 3:56 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 245September 11, 2020 4:40 AM

lmfao, thank god we're almost done with this garbage ! ! ! 🙏

by Anonymousreply 246September 12, 2020 11:27 PM

Happy Supernatural Day!!

🥳🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 247September 13, 2020 5:54 PM

So the no-chemistry couple will continue to be devoid of chemistry once Genevieve plays the part of Walkers dead wife.

Can they be more pathetic??

Hopefully there won’t be too many flashbacks. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 248September 16, 2020 1:09 AM

[bold]Hopefully there won't be too many episodes.[/bold] 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Fixed it for ya, R248.

by Anonymousreply 249September 16, 2020 1:29 AM

So Jared thinks he might have been drugged when he got into that altercation at his own bar in Austin.

People aren’t suing him or pressing charges. He also says he doesn’t remember any of what happened that night.

He saw the video and he has no memory of the event.

His doggie, Sadie, is gone now. He had her since his Gilmore Girls days.

He also says he’s seeing a therapist for his anxiety and depression.

Also, supposedly, he and Jensen are driving back to TX. Road trip!! 🚗

by Anonymousreply 250September 17, 2020 12:30 AM

[quote]

He's lying, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 251September 17, 2020 3:08 PM

Eh, it’s not my business.

Honestly, I just bring this stuff over to give you idiotic haters conniptions when something new is posted.

🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 252September 18, 2020 10:40 PM

LOL this show is so awful.

by Anonymousreply 253September 20, 2020 12:11 AM

So apparently the Impalas are already in Austin.

Some twitterer said they were near the Brewery.

Makes sense for both to be there. Brings people to the brewery and they can see the cars.

by Anonymousreply 254September 20, 2020 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!