Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

They're MARRIED! Bea Gets Her Ring, Part II

Link to part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514August 4, 2020 12:10 AM

Which will happen first: Andrew’s interview with American authorities or Eugenie’s pregnanCy?

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2020 7:25 PM

I wonder if Bea and Edo will try for children, or if little Wolfie (Edo's son from his previous marriage) will be enough for them?

I'm surprised at this point that there's been no new children born into the BRF since Archie. William and Kate said originally they wanted to have lots and lots of children, so I was relieved they're keeping it down to three (every new son for a future monarch means a new dukedom when he eventually marries, which means more money for British taxpayers for decades since the dukedom will be passed down to his heirs). But I think it's very likely Meghan will have a second child, and that Eugenie and Jack will try for children.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2020 7:28 PM

I hope Bea and Eug time it so they're pregnant at the same time. That's an excellent way to grab plenty of press--which sister will deliver first? Do the babies look like each other? Etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2020 7:34 PM

No way no how will Bea be satisfied as a stepmother. That goes against her entire upbringing. She'll want at least two babies, and she'll want them fast.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2020 7:35 PM

Dammit, I liked my post on the tail end of on the last thread so I’m going to post it again. I like to obsess about Royal weddings and especially hairdos on here.

Meghan’s wedding day hair was such a shame, ruined the whole effect. Bothers me every time I see a picture from that day. The dress didn’t appeal to me but I see what she was going for - Caroline Bessette Kennedy minimalist whatever, and the hair was part of that “effortless chic” in her mind but it was a real swing and a miss. Or mess. I did very much like the tiara she wore though.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 7:36 PM

To continue the discussion from the previous thread of what Meghan wore to her wedding: I agree she looked so much better with the simple diamond tiara she got than she would have with the one with the big emeralds, which would have overpowered that simple minimalist wedding dress.

Younger pretty royal women are supposed to wear very simple jewels. Big jewels are only supposed to be worn by older women (to distract from their ugliness--which is why Camilla wears the biggest tiaras in the collection after the queen's), or by actual queens regnant or queens consort (to show the magnificence of their station).

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2020 7:37 PM

If I was Eugenie, I'd have a lot of fun just trying for awhile before having babies. He's adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2020 7:38 PM

R3, I agree that would be a good idea and would keep Fergie safely occupied.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 7:39 PM

Any news on Harry and Meghan's charitable endeavour, Arsewell?

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 7:40 PM

Budgie Becomes a Grandma

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 7:41 PM

"Someone marry me...please"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 7:44 PM

I doubt Eugenie and Beatrice will get that much press for their babies. Once they get married off, princesses of the blood tend to be ignored by the public and the press since their children are not royal. Anne's children and Alexandra's children did not get very much press when they were born (Anne's daughter got more attention as she got older because she turned out to be good-looking, and because she married a professional athlete which was so interesting). Princes of the blood whose wives have royal children get far more attention.

Beatrice and Eugenie will likely help out the royal family quite a bit like Alexandra did in opening Tescos and whatnot, especially since the core BRF members are mostly either too elderly to do much or are in pseudo-exile in California. But I think this is probably the last of the big press for them, unless they get mixed up in a huge scandal.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 7:45 PM

I like the dress more now I've seen it in high-res. Who would have predicted Beatrice and Eugenie would choose two of the nicest royal wedding dresses?

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 8:06 PM

R13 Not anyone in the year 2011.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2020 8:08 PM

I think there will be some press for the first baby from each sister. Bea and Eug have been pushed forward by their parents all their lives so they are high-profile, and in this Instagram age there is always room for another celebrity baby picture. Double pregnancies would really turn up the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2020 8:10 PM

Also if either of them have twins that may be the case, since there have not been twins born into the royal family in living memory.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2020 8:11 PM

When Eug got married I said that Bea would be engaged within a year.

It turned out to be 11 months and a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 8:12 PM

Tiara reminds me of the Anastasia cartoon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2020 8:14 PM

If Meghan tries for the all-important girl (Diana's granddaughter would be infinitely Instagramable), we could have three Royal pregnancies next year. I don't think Bea will wait to start a family, and Eug has already been married for nearly 2 years, so it's time. At nearly 40, Meghan certainly doesn't have any time to waste.

Given how sick the pregnancies made her, I'm sure Kate will enjoy going to other people's christenings from now on.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2020 8:14 PM

The Cambridges and Cornwalls weren't there because there is now a legal limitation in England of, I think, 20, for a wedding.

By the time both sets of nearest families, including siblings and their spouses, and the four kids (Wolfie, Edo's son, and three little girls on Edo's side) to make up the wedding procession, were factored in, the number was filled.

Charles is her uncle, William, her cousin. They would have given up any places to closer siblings and close friends.

The Sussexes were never in any way, shape, or form part of the considerations even with the COVID restrictions. That bridge is burnt. Harry's grandparents' funerals will be the last royal event he ever attends, and with Meghan having dragged the York girls' names into her lawsuit papers, she wouldn't even be let in the door.

To poster on the first thread saying that Anne didn't wear white at her second wedding: actually, Anne did. She wore a very simply off-white suit and wore flowers in her hair and carried a small sprig of white heather.

Cream, white, and off-white and related colours are perfectly acceptable for a second marriage. Pss. Michael was a divorced Catholic when she married in, and she also wore white, although, again, not with all the First Wedding Tropes.

However, the long trailing veil and the veil over the face were absurd on a 37 year old divorcee, let alone one marrying into a royal family.

The truth is probably that it was Harry who the family felt deserved a royal wedding, as it was his first time; they didn't have the heart to deprive him of it.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2020 8:17 PM

Why do you stupid cunts keep bringing Harry and Meghan into totally unrelated threads?

NYTimes: "North Korea is preparing to launch a nuclear attack on the US"

DL Cunts: "OMG! Did you see baby Archie drooling down the front of his bib? So precious, and Meghan was simply radiant!!!"

No-one fucking cares!

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2020 8:20 PM

Eugenie had spinal surgery (rods and bolts in her back) so I wonder if she CAN or SHOULD have children? If she could go through with a pregnancy, would she have to have a caesarian birth?

Does anyone have any medical knowledge to reply to my questions?

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2020 8:20 PM

Did they zoom the wedding live?

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2020 8:20 PM

Good eye, r18.

Anastasia is there wearing a Kokoshnik style tiara, which was very big with the Russian imperial court at the turn of the century, and rthe style of which became hugely popular in the rest of Europe at that time. Queen Mary of the UK (who was married at the century's turn) loved tiaras that emulated that style, which is why she bought that fringe tiara that resembles the Kokoshnik style. They're especially flattering for women with long hair worn either up (which Princess Anne had for her wedding) or down (as Beatrice and the queen had for theirs)

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2020 8:21 PM

It's a BRF thread about Bea's wedding which is also discussing Royal wedding outfits and rituals in general; Conversation about Meghan is reasonably relevant.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2020 8:21 PM

I'm not crazy about the fringe tiara style and I think there are prettier ones that Bea could have chosen from the Royal collection. That said, this particular fringe tiara is incredibly important and symbolic, so I get why she jumped at the chance to wear it.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2020 8:22 PM

Edo had these three photos up on his Instagram and then he deleted him. After the Royals posted them, he posted them a second time with a sappy blurb. One royal faux pas and counting. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2020 8:23 PM

It's not like he 'grammed pictures of the wedding night. I'm sure the BRF will get over it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2020 8:24 PM

R22, according to this article, scoliosis doesn't cause any particular pregnancy complications.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2020 8:26 PM

I'm sure Bea and Yuge will make the Yorks grandparents in a reasonably short time, Bea especially. She looks the type eager to start a family. Eugenie strikes me as having lively interests of her own.

It's certainly feasible that the York girls could start taking on more royal work if the Sussexes are fully booted out, which seems likely given their determination to go political, as well as their insulting behaviour toward Harry's family.

But until that year-end "review" takes place, the BRF will give nothing away about intentions or plans. They said they'd give the Harkles a year, and they will. They've been remarkably silent even after the insulting Commonwealth debacle of a speech and dragging other family members' names into the lawsuit that the Harkles did.

Unless it's already a done deal behind the scenes, look for Bea to retire to enjoy private life in her husband's family's magnificent Cotswold home, maybe get herself up the duff, ditto Eugenie, whilst we wait to see where the chips fall next March.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2020 8:26 PM

R29 - thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote] The Sussexes were never in any way, shape, or form part of the considerations even with the COVID restrictions. That bridge is burnt. Harry's grandparents' funerals will be the last royal event he ever attends, and with Meghan having dragged the York girls' names into her lawsuit papers, she wouldn't even be let in the door.

That's not probable at all.

Even if he stays in North America married to Meghan (which seems unlikely), he (and she, if she remains married to him) will be there for the funerals of other family members, and for the marriages of William's children.

Charles has not banished him by any mans, and still deeply cares for him and will make him welcome. And even if he and William have quarreled lately, William will not banish him entirely. It's not like he disgraced himself in a much more rigid court in the 1930s the way the Duke of Windsor did, and the Windsors were kept away from things more because of the awkwardness of protocol (since he was a former king).

Again, although some Dataloungers want this all to be high drama constantly for the Windsors, it really isn't. They can tolerate Meghan just as we can tolerate members of our own wider families we dislike. They would love for Harry to come back into the fold--it was his and Meghan's choice to leave.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2020 8:28 PM

When the Queen said she would welcome Harry and Meghan back with open arms, that was her coded way of saying that the family will always welcome Harry back. There will be no need to welcome Meghan back because she will never, ever, come back, and neither will Harry (for more than a brief appearance at a funeral) as long as he's married to Meghan. The BRF knows this, and they want Harry to realize that if he gets sick of the celebrity life in LA, he can have the whole Royal lifestyle back again. It increases the chances that if things start to go sour with Meghan, he may go ahead and divorce her, knowing that he has other options. A very clever move by the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2020 8:31 PM

Exactly, R32!

Anyway, I have it on good authority that Meghan only wanted to attend, so that she could slip poison into Bea's champagne. This was the final straw which made the Queen slap her and kick her out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2020 8:32 PM

R24 - The spiky "fringe" is a very pretty style, ironically aping the church and holiday headgear of peasant maids.

Several float around Europe - there is one in Denmark also, not identical but similar, worn by the Queen's middle sister, Princess Benedicte; three in the BRF (the Queen Mary, Queen Adelaide - which can also be worn off its frame as a necklace; and the Russian Kokoshnik, which is heavier and grander than the the Queen Mary); Sweden also has one although with quite sharp lozenge points on top called the Baden Fringe Tiara.

So it's quite a popular style.

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2020 8:33 PM

I think Bea and Eug would make excellent second-tier Royal representatives. They are well-known and well-liked, and their spouses are both cute as buttons. Edo even has that fun Italian title, which isn't a real title but still sounds interesting, anyway. If Harry is well and truly gone (and we'll know that in a year or two), Bea and Eug can fill in very well until the Cambridge kids are of age.

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2020 8:35 PM

How long will the marriage last?

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2020 8:35 PM

Given Dataloungers' predilections for soap operas, it's not surprising so many of you want the Windsors to be like the Ewings or the Carringtons, with fantasies of the BRF evilly conspiring to keep Meghan out of things.

They have only really behaved like a soap opera a few times in the last hundred years, and almost always when people felt they could not get into or out of a marriage as they wanted but the protocols made that difficult. George VI and his wife loathed the Windsors for making them the monarchs (which no one ever wants to do), and the Queen Mother especially loathed them when her husband died, since she believed being king hastened her husband's death. Margaret briefly had troubles when she wanted to marry Peter Townsend since he was divorced, and then Diana and Charles provided tons of drama when they were cheating on each other and felt they wouldn't be allowed to divorce (and finally the queen had to insist they do it).

Even when they don't like one another, they behave fairly civilly if they can. Even the divorced Fergie was allowed to attend Harry's wedding despite prince Philip's personal loathing for her, and she was only kept away from William's wedding because she had then recently disgraced herself by offering to sell access to her husband, and no one wanted her to distract from the wedding. But by Harry's wedding, that was forgotten.

Remember that the queen pretty much likes everyone (except for the Duchess of Windsor, Margaret Thatcher, and Tony Blair), and she loves Harry. Charles loves Harry too. So does William, despite his recent quarrels with his brother.

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2020 8:39 PM

R33 - "When the Queen said she would welcome Harry and Meghan back with open arms . . ."

I don't believe she "said" anything like that. I think what she said was that Harry and Meghan "remain much loved members of my family". The interpretation was clear, as was her leaving them their HRHs (which she allegedly considering removing) even if not for public use.

I don't think she would today, especially after that ghastly scene in the Abbey on Commonwealth Memorial Day, use the same terminology, but she was straddling the divide as well as possible given how unstable everything seemed. The year-end review was also interpreted as an "open door".

But I don't remember the Queen saying anything overt about an open door and open arms. And Meghan has ensured that that door is closed to her, at any rate.

If Harry goes back into the fold, it will only be without Meghan. Even the Queen can't pretend any longer that the BRF loves Meghan.

In the event of a divorce, it will be Harry marrying in the Chapel at Windsor, or St. Mary's at Sandringham, or Craithie up in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2020 8:40 PM

According to this article at the Express, a palace source said that the Queen did say that, R39. But you know and I know that she really meant that a divorce Harry would be welcomed back. I agree that the scene in the chapel on Commonwealth Memorial Day made it clear that the BRF loathes Meghan, and there is no chance that Harry will be allowed back into the fold while married to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2020 8:44 PM

I looked at an old Daily Mail article on Yuge's wedding. This excerpt cracked me up:

"The ceremony was more muted than Harry and Meghan's in the same venue just five months beforehand, with Zara Tindall telling the Duke of Sussex 'it's very quiet compared to the screaming at your wedding'.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were also spotted having a quiet word about the seating arrangement."

Moving to an off topic but related subject: James Middleton (Kate & Pippa's brother) is one fine fine superfine man. He was in the pics. I mean, FINE.

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2020 8:45 PM

The Queen did not dislike Thatcher, she have her royal honours and created her a Baroness after she left Downing Street, which she was not compelled to do.

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2020 8:45 PM

R42, it's precedent to offer a barony to outgoing PMs. Most just decline it.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote] I don't think she would today, especially after that ghastly scene in the Abbey on Commonwealth Memorial Day,

Just ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2020 8:49 PM

I think the finest example of a fringe tiara is the one worn by The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, the Habsburg fringe, named for the current reigning prince’s grandmother who was a Habsburg archduchess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2020 9:00 PM

He'll have her fanny filled within a month, gotta stuff the Golden cow

by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2020 9:03 PM

When will we see what Sarah wore?! There were 20 people attending? Who were they? Did Will and Kate attend? Charles and Camilla?

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2020 9:42 PM

Oh for fucks sake for the apologist for Andrew on the previous thread.

Andrew fucked victims of sex trafficking. That makes him a CRIMINAL not a "dirty old man". The AGE of the victims is irrelevant.

He is vile and grotesque for raping victims of sex trafficking.

When Charles becomes King, Andrew will become a non entity, never to be seen or heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2020 10:18 PM

Will Sarah and Andrew ever remarry?

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2020 10:24 PM

Only if the Fed Prison management allow for this, R49.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2020 10:26 PM

^^^ not as long as Philip is alive

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2020 10:26 PM

You know, it is not adequate to discuss the BRF just in terms of “loathing” MeAgain in my opinion. It’s only that time and time again Harry and MeMe have BOTH shown themselves to be calculating, duplicitous traitors not only to his family but also the good people of the UK who have ultimately funded their lifestyle.

A rabid dog is a danger; it’s not personal.

And it was lovely to see Eugenie’s and Bea’s genuine joy on their wedding days. It has been such a horrible year for so many of us. Such a delight to see the Queen and Prince Philip looking so happy.

I feel so sorry for both of those girls. Can you even imagine having Perv Andy and “Show Me the Money” Sarah as parents? I can only think there is plenty of darkness the two girls have faced that we, the general public, will never know.

It says so much about Just Harry and MeMe that they had to take much attention away from Eugenie on her special day but also what appear to be her trolls deliberately pooping on Bea’s happy day.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2020 10:29 PM

Andrew raping victims of sex trafficking >>> anything hair brained Henry and his wife can or will do.

Andrew is a grotesquerie.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2020 10:33 PM

[quote]To poster on the first thread saying that Anne didn't wear white at her second wedding: actually, Anne did. She wore a very simply off-white suit and wore flowers in her hair and carried a small sprig of white heather.

Wearing off-white is not the same as wearing white. Off-white was and remains perfectly allowable for a second wedding, according to royal protocol. What you carry in your bouquet is not what you're wearing.

It was Meghan wearing pure white to her second wedding that caused the Queen to comment.

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2020 10:35 PM

[quote] ^^^ not as long as Philip is alive

He just turned 99. The clock is ticking.

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2020 10:36 PM

Charles will expect Eugenie to be supported by her tequila-peddling husband and for Bea to be supported by her "property developer" husband. Their inheritance will be limited to their mother's debts and their father's prison artwork.

As part of his goal to slim the monarchy, the two princesses will disappear from Royal events, as they are not and never will be working royals.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2020 10:38 PM

R54, please don’t forget the veil! To me, that was just too fucking much for a previously twice married woman with alleged ties to the yachting for profit world!

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote] When will we see what Sarah wore?!

Probably not for years and years. It would draw attention to Andrew's presence if we saw her in the photos.

[quote]There were 20 people attending? Who were they?

The bride and groom; the officiant; the bride's parents and sister; the bride's paternal grandparents (i.e. the Queen and Philip); Edo's son; his sister; her children; his parents; and I assume the bride's husband and his divorced parents' spouses.

[quote] Did Will and Kate attend? Charles and Camilla?

No, no, no, and no.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2020 10:40 PM

"He just turned 99. The clock is ticking."

He is Beelzebulb and will live forever at his cottage in Scotland, served by his minions.

At twilight, one may view him flying by on his horned pony.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2020 10:41 PM

Many PMs during the queen's reign have accepted the baronies offered when they left office, and some distinguished early ones even accepted earldoms. But since Thatcher, they all have turned peerages down.

Of the queen's prime ministers since she took office:

*Winston Churchill refused a barony or earldom so his son could remain in the House of Commons. (Previously he refused a dukedom from the queen's father after WW2 for the same reason.)

*Anthony Eden accepted the earldom of Avon.

*Harold Macmillan accepted the earldom of Stockton.

*Alec Douglas-Home already WAS a baron, and relinquished his barony while in office.

*Harold Wilson was made Baron Wilson of Riveux

*Ted Heath refused a barony.

*James Callaghan was made Baron Callaghan of Cardiff

*Margaret Thatcher was made Baroness Thatcher

Since then they've all refused peerages: John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, and Teresa May.

I cannot imagine in a million years Boris Johnson will turn down a peerage when he leaves office, though.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote] The Queen did not dislike Thatcher, she have her royal honours and created her a Baroness after she left Downing Street, which she was not compelled to do.

That has nothing to do with liking her or disliking her. All PMs are offered a peerage, and the royal honors (as well as the ceremonial funeral she was given--and she was even offered a state funeral, the next step up, which she refused) have to do with Thatcher's importance to the country, not whether the queen liked her or not.

The monarch doesn't just give honors and peerages to people s/he personally likes. Queen Victoria personally despised William Ewart Gladstone, but he was nonetheless offered a peerage when he left office (which he turned down), and a state funeral (which he accepted).

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2020 10:58 PM

R56 I agree. Sleazy Andy tried to get his girls into the family biz so that they didn’t have to work. But PC said no. They still don’t work seeing as half the time they were seen vacationing prior to being married. Now the best they could hope for are some free residences lent to them by granny. I doubt PC would want any more hangers on once he’s in charge. That would lead to Bea and Eugenie possibly wanting their kids to have a piece of the action too. William also no fucking way he’ll allow that shit, he’s happy to be rid of cunty Meghan and dimwit brother, he’s going along the streamlined plan.

Off topic but please refrain from over-discussing the sisters getting pregnant at same time and all that frau shit. That shit is thread-killing. The last fee posts on the previous thread was fucking Mumsnet shit. Remember the forum you’re posting on.

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2020 11:18 PM

21st century BRF wedding gowns, ranked from best to worst:

Eugenie's

Camilla's (the one she wore to the church blessing)

Autumn's

Beatrice's

Kate's

Meghan's

Zara's

I know it might seem silly to rank Beatrice's above Kate's Alexander McQueen, but there's something charming about it being a hand-me-down (albeit a very valuable one). Kate's was pretty but too fussy for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2020 11:38 PM

Kate’s was lovely but too perfect and appropriate. Good and bad in that regard. And I HATED the way her tits looked.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2020 12:02 AM

Kate’s was fine but I didn’t love the silhouette. I’m dating myself but I liked the bell-shape of Sarah’s dress. It still had the big 80s look but it was shaped (and fit!) better than the monstrosity that Diana wore. Eugenie looked gorgeous, the emeralds were a smart choice. No wonder Me! coveted them.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2020 12:10 AM

Fuck off hall monitor R62. Speculating about children after a Wedding is expected.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2020 12:21 AM

R66 Fuck you frau cunt there’s a difference between speculating and going into details about your frau fantasy. Go do that shit on mumsnet

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote] I doubt PC would want any more hangers on once he’s in charge...William also no fucking way he’ll allow that shit, he’s happy to be rid of cunty Meghan and dimwit brother, he’s going along the streamlined plan.

I think that was the plan. But, the fact is they can't go too streamlined. The public likes the idea of a streamlined BRF as does PC and PW, but the public won't like the idea of there not being royals to do their duty. People will not like paying for a royal family, that doesn't have the manpower to open hospitals, village fetes, horse shows, school awards days, visit nursing homes, etc. With Harry's departure, Andrew's fall from grace, and Anne's age. I suspect that Bea and Eug will be pressed into being part-time royals. It won't be a full time gig, but they can and should be used to fill the lower profile gigs. Maybe fifty or so engagements a year.

Plus, charities rely on Royal patronage. Fewer royals mean fewer royals to be patrons and raise money for them. Royals are especially important for raising money from foreign countries. In the USA, for instance, a UK charity can raise a lot of money just by promising donors that they will be at a dinner with a Prince or Princess.

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2020 12:29 AM

people forget though that while Charles might have his opinions on the value of the York girls, it’s William that will have the longer reign and there’s nothing saying that William doesn’t enjoy a warm relationship with his cousins since they’re the same age group. Prior to them all being sent off to private schools or military, they probably spent a good amount of time together in childhood.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2020 12:55 AM

I don't know how Royals deal with family feuds, but in my huge catholic family, whenever there is a "big do" then thhere is a choice of which relatives attend: The gay couples come, then certain aunts and uncles don't. If it is a do of said aunt or uncle's direct family ,then the gay family avoid and so on. No fights anymore.

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote] Off topic but please refrain from over-discussing the sisters getting pregnant at same time and all that frau shit. That shit is thread-killing. The last fee posts on the previous thread was fucking Mumsnet shit. Remember the forum you’re posting on.

I don't recall anyone voting you Head Hall Monitor, Li'l Miss Pottymouth.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2020 12:58 AM

I find the red flowers unsettling (bottom, lower left). Is there a sentimental reason that these red flowers were included along with the pale pink, peach, and white flowers?

I didn't care for the puff sleeves but I thought Bea looked lovely. A strapless dress w/ a shrug would have looked better or a little overlay to make the necklace look more like Eugenie's dress.

It bugs me that during both the weddings of Bea and the Queen that the highest point of the Fringe Tiara was off-center. In the Queen's case, it was off to camera left and Bea's camera right. I can see that it was corrected in the official photos of the Queen's wedding.

My favorite part of Eugenie's wedding was when Jack put on his glasses to see her walking up the aisle. But, Jack was so stressed out and red-faced during the ceremony, I feared that he was going to keel over from a panic attack or stroke. It was only after they were declared husband and wife that he relaxed and smiled coming back down the aisle.

As far as Meghan's wedding, her dress was made of the wrong material and it wasn't fitted properly. It reminded me of the starched nurse's uniforms of the 40s and 50s. Her bra was lace so her bust looked lumpy and droopy. I loved the veil. Hated her hair + makeup. The tiara ended up the best choice after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2020 1:01 AM

That was a hideous dress. I know it’s difficult to make a girl like Bea beautiful but that was self sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2020 1:01 AM

R63, I fear I must disagree with you. Princess Anne’s gown is tops for me.

However, I share your sentiments in ranking Bea’s above Kate’s. It was absolutely charming, and, also as so many have commented, a very loving nod from her grandmother.

Her grandmother who then proceeded to personally knight Colonel Tom Moore with her father’s sword. American here. No too proud to admit I cried watching the clips of her doing that. The Greatest Generation indeed!

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2020 1:03 AM

Gay men became aware of pregnancy when surrogates became a thing in recent years...never for millenia actually had children with women (faints)

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2020 1:03 AM

[quote] I didn't care for the puff sleeves but I thought Bea looked lovely. A strapless dress w/ a shrug would have looked better or a little overlay to make the necklace look more like Eugenie's dress.

They added the puff sleeves to the gown, because a royal bride must wear sleeves in a church. Originally the gown was sleeveless.

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2020 1:06 AM

I don't think the British do flowers well. They always seem a little sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2020 1:17 AM

I liked the red flowers because it pulled out the red note from her hair. A little point of interest like that in the composition kept the flowers from looking too done.

by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2020 1:36 AM

HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi. Hm, not bad.

by Anonymousreply 79July 20, 2020 2:47 AM

R74 Yes I sniffled a bit as well. The clips of him and his family meeting the queen were so adorable. The chat was very genuine, especially as they were talking about how scary COVID is. Plus HM said during the chat "My granddaughter got married this morning". The clips came out the day before the official announcement/media, so I was like "YASSS!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 20, 2020 4:57 AM

R42, are you American? The Queen doesn't propose anyone for an honour, the government does. And as r43 said, it's precedent for outgoing PMs, although most decline.

by Anonymousreply 81July 20, 2020 5:37 AM

As to why MM revealed her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding - I don't think it was as calculated and spiteful as all the blowback suggests. I think she wanted to be included and celebrated by the family at this family affair. Unfortunately, this was not Christmas dinner; it was (presumably) a once-in-a-lifetime wedding in which there should be no competing family news or drama to take the attention off the bride.

Considering the fallout, I'm sure MM regrets it. But it is her nature to always seek the spotlight and approval.

by Anonymousreply 82July 20, 2020 5:49 AM

One thing surprises me about this wedding. I've lived in Italy off and on for a long time. Italians are very different from the English in this respect - esthetics and physical beauty are very important to them. In the cities, they spend a fortune on clothes, shoes, hair and cosmetic medicine, and by and large, they are slim. (Among the gay population, times a million.) Edo himself is a very goodlooking, wealthy man so you'd expect to see him with a beautiful, accomplished, stylish partner, pretty much like Dara. From all accounts, Bea is polite and good-natured. But she is below average in looks, has unfortunate taste, and has not accomplished anything at all since leaving university. Her parents are a permanent international disgrace. Why then would Edo have married Bea?

by Anonymousreply 83July 20, 2020 6:11 AM

Because he’s short.

by Anonymousreply 84July 20, 2020 6:30 AM

R83, first, it's possible that he may actually be in love with her. Second, as for your weird understanding of status and achievement, she's a member of the British royal family and the Queen's granddaughter, next king's niece and king after that's cousin.

You don't understand Italians anywhere near as much as you think you do and Edo is more British than Italian anyway.

by Anonymousreply 85July 20, 2020 6:32 AM

Edo is a social climber. In that he is just like Megs, always on the look-out for the better deal, the next rung up the ladder. In bug-eyed Bea's case, neither love nor lust played any part. Edo will jettison Bea as soon as something better looking and richer rucks up.

by Anonymousreply 86July 20, 2020 6:38 AM

Queen's granddaughter or not, I personally would not join the York family under any circumstances.

And yes, I do understand Italians, the ones who actually live in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 87July 20, 2020 6:42 AM

^^Because Edo loves Bea. Is that a good enough reason. She seems like a very warm and decent person. Think what you will about Bea’s parents, but Bea and Eug have never been involved in any scandal or compromising situation that would embarrass the monarchy. They are perfectly respectable, nice girls.

Also, Edo and Bea’s families are very close. Edo’s half-brother, Albermarle Shale, son of British conservative politician, Christopher Shale, and Edo’s mother, Nikki, is the godson of Sarah, Duchess of York. Eco and Alby are very close, and it is rumored that Alby attended the wedding along with his parents.

by Anonymousreply 88July 20, 2020 6:43 AM

^^Eco = Edo

by Anonymousreply 89July 20, 2020 6:44 AM

if Beatrice was such a royal catch, why were there no other suitors clamouring for her hand? Why would anyone fall in love with Bea? At the age of 31, after the best education, wonderful connections, she has had no career whatever. Her long-term boyfriend was just an American businessman, not distinguished at all.

Why couldn't Harry find anyone better than Meghan? I recall an interview where he said, "Who would have me?" regarding the demands of being in the BRF. Even MM couldn't hack it and she was neither rich, connected or young, ie, didn't have better options.

by Anonymousreply 90July 20, 2020 6:59 AM

R83 Edo is only nominally Italian. He was born and raised in Britain, has a British mother, was very close to his British stepfather and has a tenuous, distant relationship with his Italian father.

As far as Dara being some great catch, she has a very plain face but a decent figure and nice hair. If you look at her face alone without that long hair framing it, you get a better idea of her average looks. Other than that, she seems thirsty (judging by her preening on social media), grasping and more than willing to capitalize on her looks instead of her skills for her business . Also, despite her glowing educational credentials, she was dumb enough/conniving enough to get knocked up a short time after meeting Edo. I’m sure in her mind that was a guaranteed way to seal the deal, but he didn’t bite and she lost that gamble.

But I do agree with you, Bea is homely and she doesn’t know how to minimize her flaws. Let’s hope her allegedly kind and charming personality keep him interested.

by Anonymousreply 91July 20, 2020 7:23 AM

I don’t understand why every British royal bride this century hasn’t been able to perfect tiara hair. Do they not have proper hair stylists for royals? Kate’s style was flat on top with silly sausage curls, Meghan’s was an amateurish, limp disaster, falling apart even before the ceremony began, with those awful pointy ends. Eugenie was a bit better as the updo was nice, but the part was slightly off and didn’t line up with the tiara, and she had those dangling tendrils. Beatrice was okay, but again, nothing special and also suffered from a little flattening the top.

Contrast that with Mary of Denmark, Victoria and Madeleine of Sweden, Maxima of the Netherlands, Charlene and Beatrice of Monaco, Stephanie of Luxembourg...all had beautiful, memorable, crisp, clean updos that showcased their tiaras and shoulders so nicely.

It’s a once in a lifetime event, sheesh, do something special for your hair!

by Anonymousreply 92July 20, 2020 7:33 AM

>>As far as Dara being some great catch, she has a very plain face but a decent figure and nice hair. If you look at her face alone without that long hair framing it, you get a better idea of her average looks. Other than that, she seems thirsty (judging by her preening on social media), grasping and more than willing to capitalize on her looks instead of her skills for her business . Also, despite her glowing educational credentials, she was dumb enough/conniving enough to get knocked up a short time after meeting Edo. I’m sure in her mind that was a guaranteed way to seal the deal, but he didn’t bite and she lost that gamble.

I disagree about Dara. She's around the same age as Bea and is very driven to make her career as an architect succeed. It was probably that that made Edo look elsewhere. She travels a lot apparently.

Bea will not do a thing except crank out a couple of kids. Edo will either stray or dump her, I would bet on that.

by Anonymousreply 93July 20, 2020 7:39 AM

R87, you don't understand Italians in Italy or people of Italian parentage outside of Italy anywhere near as much as you think you do. You don't even have a basic understanding of human beings and have a ridiculous tendency to impose your preferences onto others.

Perhaps Edo married Beatrice because he loves her. Even if he's marrying her for other reasons she's still the Queen's granddaughter, what her father does doesn't really impact on her and her mother is fine. In any case, Beatrice is over 30, she's an independent adult.

by Anonymousreply 94July 20, 2020 9:51 AM

"if Beatrice was such a royal catch, why were there no other suitors clamouring for her hand?" - Suitors? What the fuck are you talking about? It's 2020 and she's over 30, what the fuck do suitors have to do with anything? Before Edo she had another boyfriend for 10 years. It's not like she needs suitors to go to the palace to put forward their case to the Queen as to why they should be the one to marry her.

by Anonymousreply 95July 20, 2020 9:55 AM

Someone early in the thread mentioned Queen Mary buying her fringe Tiara. She didn't. She had it made to order for her by British jewelers Garrard & Co. The diamonds came from a necklace Victoria had given to Mary on her wedding day.

by Anonymousreply 96July 20, 2020 10:50 AM

The Sir Tom Moore ceremony was done well too, and kudos to Bea and Edo for not stepping on his day. That was very thoughtful. During their chat Queenie commented that "100 is a good age"!

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2020 11:16 AM

Because he’s short.

This response to R83's question cracked me up; if he was fat, the answer would be "well duh, he's fat so..." but because he committed the 2nd worse sin: he's short (followed quickly by "he's bald"), the answer is obvious.

Maybe he loves her, maybe he doesn't, but not unlike Smegs, someone who is willing to easily shove aside a significant other in the life for a major upgrade is a gold star opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 98July 20, 2020 11:44 AM

you can’t compare a continental royal bride with a British one. The British one cares not for the sophisticated glamour of the European one. Her hair maybe be messy, and her flowers slightly faded, yet she knows she is the premier royal bride on her wedding day. World audiences are tuned in for the British wedding, not as much for the other.

by Anonymousreply 99July 20, 2020 12:37 PM

Ah, "according to a source" quoted in the Express . . . as if, you know, the Queen would EVER make so bald a remark where she could be heard by someone close enough by who would then immediately call the Express . . .

Yes, you and I know that the Queen was both doing her usual sugar-coating of an ugly situation when she said "Harry and Meghan remain much loved members of my family", and that the real situation is that the rest of the family loathe Meghan personally and as a matter of the "rabid dog" principle.

Of course, the door is always open for Harry, but I think that has changed, as well. I think his father, brother, and grandmother have seen since that Harry is willing to damage and insult his family, his heritage, the Commonwealth, and was unwilling or unable to stop his wife from dragging his family into her idiotic lawsuit against the MoS, which so far is damaging her far more than the MoS.

The door may have been open for Harry and Meghan, initially, but it is now open only for Harry and that quietly. I don't think he will ever be back in service as a "working senior royal".

Of course his father, Gran, and brother still love him. But you can still love a destructive relative but accept that they are too dangerous to have around.

So, with COVID restricting everything in sight, probably including Remembrance Day in November, and poor dear Bea finally wed, it looks like the only royal gossip pickings for quite some time will be Meghan's lawsuit and any York pregnancy announcements.

Lady C's book is published today in America, for those of you interested. It's sold extremely well in the UK. Let's see what it does in America.

at this point they know that Harry a

by Anonymousreply 100July 20, 2020 12:56 PM

^*this was from R39

by Anonymousreply 101July 20, 2020 12:57 PM

^^* apologies, the pub date is 28 July, not 20 July.

by Anonymousreply 102July 20, 2020 1:17 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 103July 20, 2020 2:26 PM

Old footage of the Queen wearing the dress which would become Bea's wedding dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 20, 2020 2:40 PM

R82

[quote] As to why MM revealed her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding - I don't think it was as calculated and spiteful as all the blowback suggests. I think she wanted to be included and celebrated by the family at this family affair.

I have to strongly disagree.

MM's antics on Eugenie's Wedding Day were MEAN GIRL behavior.

Regardless of where you live, or what your level of society, it is bad behavior to deliberately deflect attention from the bride on her wedding day. Clothes chosen by female guests are a well known point to be careful about.

From the time she climbed out of the car with her coat buttoned at the top only and flapping around her, it was obvious to anyone watching what MM was doing.

And why she was doing it.

Harry was either too dumb or too weak to stop her.

It was a major event for HIS family. A wedding that Eugenie and Jack had already had to delay in order that Harry get married first.

It was clearly, clearly A MEAN GIRL STUNT.

by Anonymousreply 105July 20, 2020 3:16 PM

I honestly do not get this “mean girl” behavior at the wedding. The only thing one shouldn’t do to outshine the bride is WEAR WHITE. Plenty of normal people tell things to relatives at weddings. Sometimes it’s the only time you see your family. It’s a very normal thing to do, and seriously, MM might not have given it a second thought. You all assume that she’s a mean girl because, well some of you are. I’m not a fan, but geez this wedding thing has been done to death.

Now I’m waiting for the mean girls to post long, long diatribes as to why I’m a Megan stan (I’m not).

by Anonymousreply 106July 20, 2020 3:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 20, 2020 4:53 PM

When you see those pictures of Edo and Dara together, they just fit. Same level looks-wise, career-wise, everything. The pictures with Bea are something of a needle-scratch--the only thing that makes the marriage make sense is the fact that she's a princess. That won't keep Edo around forever, though. I'm guessing 10 years and 2 kids.

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2020 4:55 PM

That stunt at Eugenie's wedding wasn't an ill-judged attempt to make the family like her. Meghan was a canny 37, not a dewy teenager like Diana was in the early days of her marriage to Charles. After years in the entertainment business, Meghan knew exactly what kind of splash the maternity coat would make. I'm not sure if distracting from Eugenie's big day was targeted malice (as payback for Tiaragate) or collateral damage, but Meghan knew that a pregnancy announcement on a day where a lot of attention was already being directed at the BRF would guarantee her high-wattage press coverage. If it stuck it to the Yorks, that was either a bonus or a non-issue, depending on how much we think she resented losing her tiara of choice.

If she'd known the stunt would cost her the KP apartment and access to the Royal jewel collection, she might have thought twice. But it's clear now that Meghan is a tactician, not a strategist. And in this, she very much does resemble her famous, ill-fated mother-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2020 5:03 PM

R71 oh dear you are a frau aren’t you? Calling DLers potty mouth?! Fuck off you cunt this is DL, where we call each other cunts whether you, frau cunt, like it or not. And who appointed you the arbiter of language use and propriety on here? I call out a cunt when I see fit just like I call Meghan and Harry fame whoring cunts. Get it?

Yeah go read the last few posts that polluted the last thread. Fucking frau fantasies about twin pregnancies with the sisters. Fucking mumsnet shit.

Again know where you’re posting. This is a gay board. If you fucking like to post pregnancy shit then go do it elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 110July 20, 2020 5:07 PM

R110 - "If she'd known the stunt would cost her the KP apartment and access to the Royal jewel collection, she might have thought twice. But it's clear now that Meghan is a tactician, not a strategist. And in this, she very much does resemble her famous, ill-fated mother-in-law."

This, in a nutshell.

And like Diana, Meghan never seems to learn from her mistakes: she keeps going for the short-money instead of going in for the longer slog to a better payoff.

by Anonymousreply 111July 20, 2020 5:10 PM

I like the idea of Eug and Bea getting pregnant at the same time as Meghan (who'll probably try for one more sprog before the big 4-0 hits). It will really take the edge off Meghan's publicity, which will drive her insane. Who knows what ridiculous tactics she'll get up to in an attempt to put the spotlight back on her? That is prime viewing, right there.

by Anonymousreply 112July 20, 2020 5:17 PM

I thought she lost the KP apartment after she was caught taking photos of Pss Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 113July 20, 2020 5:18 PM

I thought she lost the KP apartment after she burned the champagne.

by Anonymousreply 114July 20, 2020 5:23 PM

R91 Dara is a nobody, she just happened to be thrust into the public consciousness because her baby daddy and fiancé left her for dumpy but connected Bea. You’re assuming she connived her way into getting knocked up but never mention that Edo was dumb enough to shoot a load into her. What double standards some of you women have. As for her having an okay body? No she has a hot body with curves but thin and legs to kill for. So she showed off in lingerie on her private IG post. Why I have no idea except she loves to show off her hot body. Inappropriate to some? Sure, if I was a professional with my own architecture firm, I wouldn’t put that shit out there. But who the fuck cares she’s in her late 30s she’s got a hot body. Apparently she’s dating someone financier at lingerie brand La Perla.

What I don’t get is why some are trashing Dara as part of them propping Bea up. Dara has stayed silent and not say bad shit about Edo. She’s cool with Bea at least that’s what everyone says. If this was Meghan she’d be popping her mouth off to every publication that’ll listen.

Edo just gives off a skeevy climber vibe like Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 115July 20, 2020 5:25 PM

Honestly I think Meghan was just so thrilled to be carrying Diana‘s grandchild that she could not contain herself. It was big news and she knew it. The actress in her took over, she had a world stage and she was going to play it!

by Anonymousreply 116July 20, 2020 5:27 PM

Yes, yes, doe eyed dewy Muggins' pure excitement just took over and MADE HER announce to various guests at the wedding that she had fallen pregnant. SHE HAD TO.

by Anonymousreply 117July 20, 2020 5:31 PM

[quote] If she'd known the stunt would cost her the KP apartment and access to the Royal jewel collection

I remember reading all the stories about the KP apartment, but what was the story about the Royal Jewel collection? I must have missed that.

How did that "refusal of access" manifest itself.

However did MM think she would have such access anyway? And for what occasions?

by Anonymousreply 118July 20, 2020 5:31 PM

Edo is definitely a climber. The question is whether he's a climber in the Prince Philip mold (fucks around but ultimately does his duty as arm-candy and stud-horse), the Armstrong-Jones mold (makes a fortune off his Royal connections and keeps in good with the family even once the marriage goes south) or in the Markle mold (a fall-down fucking disaster from start to finish).

by Anonymousreply 119July 20, 2020 5:32 PM

I'll give MM the benefit of the doubt about the pregnancy at the wedding thing, only because from what we have seen of her family such behavior is probably common among them. But, it was still wrong and displayed bad manners.

by Anonymousreply 120July 20, 2020 5:36 PM

Was her coat definately a maternity one?

by Anonymousreply 121July 20, 2020 5:39 PM

R119, I hope he’s either a Philip or Armstrong-Jones. I’d feel terrible if he were another Markle. It seems he’s not a ghoster, if he’s on good terms with Dara.

by Anonymousreply 122July 20, 2020 5:43 PM

Right R120 blame a 38yo middle aged woman's ruthlessness on Doria and Thomas. Seems legit.

by Anonymousreply 123July 20, 2020 5:44 PM

Edo definitely Armstrong-Jones mold. But could be turned into Phillip mold if he finds he can’t make as much money as he would like from his RF connections. That’ll keep him close to the money trough for a longer time. By then he’d be too settled and tired to make a play for richer and younger woman. He’s not that great looking IMO with his eyes to match Bea’s and who knows if his looks will hold even then.

by Anonymousreply 124July 20, 2020 5:46 PM

R123 Not them but the wider family. It just seems like behavior that would be normal in that family. Of course, she should have known better by her age and probably did, but didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 125July 20, 2020 5:49 PM

Meghan also wore those tacky, fist-sized rings to Euge’s wedding that she had to keep flashing to the camera. She should have been out for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 126July 20, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]The bride and groom; the officiant; the bride's parents and sister; the bride's paternal grandparents (i.e. the Queen and Philip); Edo's son; his sister; her children; his parents; and I assume the bride's husband and his divorced parents' spouses.

A few people have been left off the list here: Eug's husband Jack was likely present, as was Edo's younger half-brother and his BIL.

It wasn't confirmed if his bio-father made it over from Italy or not. Conflicting stories there. I don't believe he and Edo are close at all.

by Anonymousreply 127July 20, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]HRH Princess Beatrice of York, Countess Mapelli Mozzi. Hm, not bad.

Actually now that she's married the "of York" designation disappears. Not sure why, but it does. She's now formally HRH Princess Beatrice, Countess Mapelli Mozzi.

by Anonymousreply 128July 20, 2020 6:02 PM

Three simultaneous royal pregnancies would be a great distraction. Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 129July 20, 2020 6:04 PM

I think the No Access to Royal Jewels wasn't a real story. Meghan wouldn't have had access to those major pieces, anyway, unless she was going to attend state banquets as Kate has to do, and that was already not likely as Harry is sixth in line. Kate has been leant some heavy hitters when necessary and of course the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara is hers for the duration, but Camilla has gotten the lion's share of access to really big pieces as Charles' wife.

Meghan was never going to be attending state banquets and if the stories are true that the Queen knew from the outset that Meghan and Harry weren't planning to stay the course, why would she have leant Meghan important pieces?

The only jewellery issue was Tiaragate, which Jobson even had in his biography of Charles. That obviously went the rounds of the family quickly.

Sophie Wessex got the pieces she did because she plunged in early and made it clear she was dedicated to the work.

Meghan made it clear she wasn't, so she was given little.

by Anonymousreply 130July 20, 2020 6:04 PM

Also in the prior thread there was discussion re the Queen Mary fringe tiara worn by Bea. There are currently only two 'fringe-type' tiaras worn by QEII: this one, and the larger more intimidating Kokoshnik fringe.

The prior "Hanovarian" fringe tiara, also known as the Queen Adelaide tiara, has been converted to a fringe necklace and is unlikely to be worn as a tiara again (see link). It differs from the new Queen Mary fringe in that it is slightly graduated on a curve - see the 2nd photo at the link for a comparison between the two tiaras on QM:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 20, 2020 6:07 PM

I think everyone is rushing to judgement on Edo without seeing how it goes.

Some types do as they like in their salad days but when it comes to settling down revert to traditional thinking about having ambitious women as wives.

People keep harping on how he can't care for her because she's plain.

Well, Diana was stunning and couldn't make Charles care for and instead drove him out of his mind. He's much happier with Camilla.

Maybe Edo, like many men of his ilk, was ready for someone like Bea at 37.

These things happen. We may hope so for Bea's sake.

by Anonymousreply 132July 20, 2020 6:08 PM

Let's hope that Edo turns out to be a Prince Philip-style climber. However, the fact that Bea and Edo's families have long been close is no guarantee of a successful marriage. Prince Andrew and Sarah had known each other since childhood, too.

by Anonymousreply 133July 20, 2020 6:12 PM

What speaks to me re Edo's character ultimately is his dedication to his young son. By all accounts he's extremely hands on with him, and spends as much time as possible despite the logistical difficulties of being split from his mother. He and Bea have supposedly made all decisions with him much in mind; this bodes well for their future and shines a decent light on him imo.

Also I'm not certain why people keep referring to him as "Italian" - yes I know he has an Italian name and will inherit a title/house there. He is really fully British- born and raised in the UK, educated there, raised by two British parents (mom and late stepfather). By most accounts he has spent little time with his biological father.

by Anonymousreply 134July 20, 2020 6:12 PM

R82 R120 I think you’re being naive on how a lot of women operate, especially self-absorbed ones like Meghan. They MUST get revenge and they do it through tacky, attention-seeking stunts. I’ve seen in first hand, with one woman undercutting another with pregnancy announcements at other people’s christenings and baby showers. Engagement announcements at weddings. Completely unnecessary to do at the particular event, but done anyway. There is nothing accidental or innocent about it.

Like the saying goes, she has to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral.

by Anonymousreply 135July 20, 2020 6:30 PM

"Again know where you’re posting. This is a gay board. If you fucking like to post pregnancy shit then go do it elsewhere."

Let's say welcome to our newest DL troll: meet the "pregnancy shit" troll.

by Anonymousreply 136July 20, 2020 6:52 PM

R112 & R113 & R114 - The Sussexes were NEVER offered an apartment at Kensington Palace.

by Anonymousreply 137July 20, 2020 7:11 PM

Edo may be an opportunist, but he won’t top Dave Clark, who dated Bea for ten years, during which he built a business through connections, and then dumped her and quickly married the next woman he dated.

I’m a little surprised none of this generation of royals rejected marriage to stay single. Maybe there’s money tied to it? I guess there’s still time for Edward’s kids.

by Anonymousreply 138July 20, 2020 7:17 PM

R138 there's still incredible pressure among straight people to get married and have kids, and this family is more traditional than most

by Anonymousreply 139July 20, 2020 7:21 PM

R120 I’m guessing her upbringing was loose and casual in LA, not a lot of emphasis on societal dos and don’ts. She probably thought a large family gathering was the ideal place to share happy news, saw nothing wrong with it. And yes, of course she wanted the attention.

by Anonymousreply 140July 20, 2020 7:22 PM

No photo of the couple with Andrew and Sarah?

I have to hand it the Queen and Prince Philip. She was actually treated as if she was their daughter.

by Anonymousreply 141July 20, 2020 7:29 PM

If Meghan really was that ignorant of social customs, Harry certainly could have told her, as he would have been well-aware the news would go over like a lead balloon at the wedding. Either he didn't care or he wanted her to make a stink, which reflects as poorly on him as it does on her.

by Anonymousreply 142July 20, 2020 7:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 20, 2020 7:38 PM

R143 Oof

by Anonymousreply 144July 20, 2020 7:41 PM

Edo is better looking than Dave Clark. Clark has a bad case of doucheface (which seems to be well-earned).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 20, 2020 7:48 PM

Clark and his wife look like siblings. But then, so do Bea and Edo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 20, 2020 7:58 PM

R141 True, and also the young and old married couples side by side, the young bride wearing the older wife’s gown and tiara. Very touching.

by Anonymousreply 147July 20, 2020 8:09 PM

I'm sure there are photos of Bea and Edo with Andrew and Sarah, but the palace is holding back releasing them because it would just stir up criticism of Andrew. It's too bad since it's normal that there would be photos of family--especially the parents--with the bride and groom, but everyone is trying to keep a lid on Andrew. It would nice to see a picture of Bea and Eug, but again, it would raise the question of "Where are the other members of the family." There could be a photo released with Bea and her mother, but then that would bring up the question, "Where's Andrew," when in fact he did attend, but the royal family doesn't want to draw attention to him.

by Anonymousreply 148July 20, 2020 8:10 PM

True, R132. Sometimes seemingly perfect matches split acrimoniously, and those who seem doomed from the start actually go the distance. You never know.

by Anonymousreply 149July 20, 2020 8:40 PM

I'm not sure where the DM got the 'First private wedding in 235 years) figure from'?

Queen Victoria & Prince Albert and George V & Queen Mary were married in The Chapel Royal at St James's Palace. Even Weddings at St George's, Windsor were essentially private before television.

The fist truly Public wedding was that of The Queens parents, The Duke and Duchess of York at Westminster Abbey, which proved so popular that almost every other family member was forced into a huge public televised wedding for the next 70 years.

This wedding is more in keeping with Royal tradition than any other in the past 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 150July 20, 2020 8:42 PM

R145. The comparison is not between Dave Clark and Edo. It is between the beautiful, slender, smart American business woman and the hapless, strange looking British perma-holiday maker.

by Anonymousreply 151July 20, 2020 8:44 PM

R121, IIRC it was vintage couture, so no. But it was from the 60s, A-line and easily could double as a maternity coat. It had a full set of buttons and at 2 months or whatever she claimed to be, she could have easily buttoned the entire coat. Or left it entirely unbuttoned. Buttoning only the top button is a “I’m too pregnant to fit in my clothes” look.

by Anonymousreply 152July 20, 2020 8:50 PM

I doubt the York's girls used to go to parties and nobody wanted to dance with them because they don't look like models, they are not great beauties, but not ugly at all, and you underestimate the amount of social climbers in their circles, they probably have good eyes and very high standards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 20, 2020 9:07 PM

Anybody with eyes can see that both guys this Bea creature dated are out of her league (and they arent even that handsome, they are attractive sure) so it isnt hard to conclude why Edo thought of marrying her. Stop propping Bea and Eugenie, they are ugly girls who are totally useless and unnecessary who havent done anything with their lives and probably as stupid as their parents. Somebody here keeps on repeating that they are nice girls and scandal free— well, so is alot of people in the world and they better be nice because there is nothing going for them. And did I say they are ugly?

by Anonymousreply 154July 20, 2020 9:09 PM

[quote] ...the Markle mold (a fall-down fucking disaster from start to finish).

Thanks, R119, for the hilarious comment. Laughter these days is always welcome.

by Anonymousreply 155July 20, 2020 9:10 PM

MM was only 2 months pregnant for Eugene wedding.

by Anonymousreply 156July 20, 2020 9:11 PM

R136 Oh bless your dear cunty, frau heart, that’s the best you can do for a comeback. Completely derivative and devoid of cuntery.

I get it, you’re new to DL but feel it okay to import your frau sensitivities and diss DLers for having potty mouth. Oh and do go on posting your frau fantasies beyond speculation that’s projected onto Bea and Eugenie. It’s a thread killer and this is a gay board, many of us like these BRF threads for the gossip and the opportunities for countless bitchery. I like these threads but time after time they get invariably fucked up by basic frau posts.

If this is too much for you then GTFO. Better yet why don’t you go back to writing inane BRF fanfic that most fraus won’t even bother reading.

by Anonymousreply 157July 20, 2020 9:34 PM

It must be thrilling to marry into the royal family, though. Think of it – your life is suddenly first class all the way. Everywhere you go in public it's flashbulbs and excitement, gifts, people kissing your ass. In private, pure luxury, glamorous vacations, everything plush and beautiful. No money worries, within reason. You have access to pretty much anyone, meet artists and world leaders. You get to witness history and be a tiny part of it, too. Where do I sign up?

by Anonymousreply 158July 20, 2020 9:40 PM

Beatrice and her equally hapless sister are not hanging out with any major artists or world leaders. They are not working royals. And they show no interest in any of the arts anyways. What world leader would want to spend time with those two clowns?

I imagine the either would draw a "death stare" such as Ivanka recieved from former head of the IMF, Christine Lagarde Large should they attempt to have a "serious" conversation.

And the Yorks are notorious for money troubles, which has lead the grifting parents to befriend world despots in the "-stans" as well as unsavories like Epstein. Who was the star at Bea's costume birthday party? Epstein, lol. It's not like Elton John was there with his piano singing her happy birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2020 10:21 PM

Thanks R158. I wasn’t certain that my life was a complete failure until today 😂

by Anonymousreply 160July 20, 2020 10:28 PM

[Quote]And they show no interest in any of the arts anyways

If you'd bothered to research even just a little, you'd know that Eugenie's university degree is in Art History and that she is employed by Hauser & Wirth. But that would interfere with your point. Anyways, proceed...

by Anonymousreply 161July 20, 2020 10:40 PM

You beat me to it, R161. Hauser & Wirth is not just any gallery, either - major, major artists. What a dope.

by Anonymousreply 162July 20, 2020 10:45 PM

It's laughable to think either of those two clowns "work" in any meaningful capacity, you dopes.

How could they with their vacation schedule?

by Anonymousreply 163July 20, 2020 10:48 PM

R150 - "This wedding is more in keeping with Royal tradition than any other in the past 100 years."

I think they're referring to no prior announcement - the secrecy, not the privacy. That last secret wedding they're referring to was probably George IV to his mistress, Maria Fitzherbert in 1785. It was not legitimate at the time because his father, George III, hadn't given his consent to it. Plus, she was a Catholic, so even if his father had consented, George would have lost his place in the line of succession.

But you are right, the public extravaganzas we've gotten used to in the 20th century began in the 1920s and the advent of moving footage. You can find footage of Danish King Christian IX marriage to Princess Ingrid of Sweden and there it is, the bells ringing, the carriage ride, the cheering crowds . . .

So it's not just Britain.

by Anonymousreply 164July 20, 2020 10:49 PM

Who cares if they "work"? I don't want the royals to work. I want them to be glamorous layabouts, for my entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 165July 20, 2020 10:51 PM

It doesn't matter where or how you were raised. ANYONE knows that you do not steal thunder from the person whose big day it is-- MM knew what she was doing at Eugenie's wedding. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit; stop making excuses for her.

by Anonymousreply 166July 20, 2020 10:53 PM

"And they show no interest in any of the arts anyways"

Oh, dear.

Just as you show no interest in grammatical English.

by Anonymousreply 167July 20, 2020 10:58 PM

The dress was very grand and chic when QEII war it. Now it looks limp, butchered in it's line, that silly hem and those caplets. Does not look fresh, at all. I like Be a however and appreciate the thrift of this whole affair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2020 11:07 PM

WORE it

by Anonymousreply 169July 20, 2020 11:07 PM

R137, there were speculative articles immediately after The Wedding. That’s where people got the idea.

In retrospect, it was likely Meghan’s tactic of putting a wish out in writing as if a fait accompli. “It’s been said that Meghan will wear the emerald tiara for her wedding to Harry”, and when it doesn’t happen, people talk and wonder what those racist royals did to poor Meghan.

There were various and ever-changing reports of which residence the Queen would give to them. Obviously MM was not pleased with the final bequest. It’s possible that QE considered giving them KP at some early point.

by Anonymousreply 170July 20, 2020 11:30 PM

R140, just NO. Are you implying that middle class Black women are ignorant of basic courtesy? It’s not as esoteric as the correct honorific for a Bishop or what a fish fork looks like. The girl went to Northwestern and practiced calligraphy and sought out a position at an embassy.

She damn well know how to address her BFF the Archbishop of Canterbury. But she didn’t know better?

by Anonymousreply 171July 20, 2020 11:38 PM

Dave Clark Five

by Anonymousreply 172July 20, 2020 11:39 PM

Uh right, except for Eug' job as director of an art gallery. So yeah R159, she "shows no interest in any of the arts." Both women support various patronages and have a wide circle of friends. Beautiful weddings, adoring husbands, lots of money...

Seethe R159.

by Anonymousreply 173July 20, 2020 11:44 PM

She could’ve kept the petticoat/structure and it would’ve looked fine, IMO. Nobody likes flaccid, Bea.

by Anonymousreply 174July 20, 2020 11:45 PM

There's an episode of Friends where Monica accuses Rachel of stealing her thunder, and she threatens to get her back by announcing that she's pregnant the night Rachel gets engaged. So that sort of thing is apparently considered poor form in America as well.

But honestly, we don't know what happened. Eugenie's wedding reception wasn't a normal one - hundreds of people attended. It's not as though all those guests were going to discuss nothing but Eugenie and Jack for hours. As long as Meghan and Harry didn't make a point of standing up in front of everyone and announce the pregnancy, I don't think it's that big a deal. Some couples don't mind that sort of thing and just see it as more good news on an already happy day.

by Anonymousreply 175July 21, 2020 12:08 AM

R171 No, dumbbell, I’m talking about touchy-feely/oversharing showbiz/yoga/divorced types in Los Angeles, where I live. Simmer.

by Anonymousreply 176July 21, 2020 12:11 AM

R171 Besides, you’re implying that she did know better and was just being a bitch. But you would like that, wouldn’t you.

by Anonymousreply 177July 21, 2020 12:13 AM

I wonder how all Eug's underlings feel about her being Director at such a young age and being off so much. Is she a good boss?

by Anonymousreply 178July 21, 2020 12:38 AM

A lot of Italian women are stringy and overtanned. Bea has a small waist but very full breasts, which her wedding dress emphasised. She has a creamy complexion (unlike his countrywomen), large green eyes and thick glossy red hair. Very few women look like her, whilst the skinny olive skinned Italian girl with straight black hair can be found everywhere. It's easy to see what attracted him to her, physically.

You guys are hilarious with your 'the thinner you are, the more attractive'. Kate looks old and dried up already from keeping an artificially low weight all her life.

by Anonymousreply 179July 21, 2020 12:48 AM

"Again know where you’re posting. This is a gay board. If you fucking like to post pregnancy shit then go do it elsewhere."

Hahahahaha! There are no gay men on these brf threads. You bitches even got into Urban Dictionary for fuck's sake. You're the Klan Grannies, cackling away about how evil Meghan is.

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2020 12:50 AM

R110 has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2020 1:00 AM

R180 You write like a 12-year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2020 1:06 AM

I bet Fergie is disappointed AF that the photos of her as mother of the bride haven't been released to the public. She was absolutely revelling in the attention (and at sitting in the front pews with the BRF) at Eugenie's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 183July 21, 2020 1:06 AM

The overtanning and stringiness is a feature of a number of older Italian women, not 30 year olds. Younger Italian women are bombshells. But it's already been pointed out that Edo is by and large English.

As well as a gigantic bust, which no doubt sags to her waist when unclothed, Bea has inherited her mother's hips and massive thighs.

by Anonymousreply 184July 21, 2020 1:10 AM

[QUOTE] I thought she lost the KP apartment after she was caught taking photos of Pss Charlotte.

WHAT??? Who has the tea on this? I’ve never heard this story!

by Anonymousreply 185July 21, 2020 1:20 AM

R185, where have you been? I think the anecdote was included in Lady Colin Campbell’s book.

by Anonymousreply 186July 21, 2020 1:22 AM

Dave Clark feels glad about this marriage.

by Anonymousreply 187July 21, 2020 1:46 AM

oop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2020 1:46 AM

Prior to the marriage, the Cambridges hosted Meghan and Harry for an informal family dinner. Meghan excused herself to take a call privately. Charlotte soon followed. When Kate went to retrieve C., she found Meghan taking pictures of her.

by Anonymousreply 189July 21, 2020 1:52 AM

Wait, wut R189?

by Anonymousreply 190July 21, 2020 1:53 AM

Similar stories about Meghan being caught taking photographs have been out there for a while.

She never really understood anything about how inappropriate it all was.

by Anonymousreply 191July 21, 2020 2:02 AM

r191, she's a dick and we all know it. This was a thread about Bea and Edo. Please buzz off.

by Anonymousreply 192July 21, 2020 2:04 AM

Conspiracy alert...Peter Noone sang about Henry the Eighth..he is Bea's secret dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 21, 2020 2:20 AM

Are you telling me none of you have ever been to a FagHag's baby shower?

by Anonymousreply 194July 21, 2020 2:21 AM

Yes, R190. Lady CC reported it in her book.

The story had been here for over a year without Charlotte in it. Back then, it was that Meghan had been caught taking pics of private areas of a royal residence. One version had her escorted away.

by Anonymousreply 195July 21, 2020 2:22 AM

Thank you, R192.

*cough*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 21, 2020 2:36 AM

R195 I can't wait for that scene in a future season of The Crown.

KATE [quietly, coldly]: "Meghan. What are you doing?"

I'd like to add something else about Beatrice and Edo, but I can't think of anything. We've pretty much said it all.

by Anonymousreply 197July 21, 2020 2:48 AM

I think we may be jumping the gun on Edo. Apparently, he and his ex-fiance are ambitious, successful business professionals. Isn't it possible that Edo might find a less ambitious but well-connected woman to be less intimidating? That's what my optimistic side would like to believe. My cynical side keeps thinking of 'The Golden Bowl'. I wish them happiness or "a penis".

[quote]The incident occurred while the queen was entertaining General de Gaulle, the former French president, and his wife Madame de Gaulle at Buckingham Palace. Biographer Adam Helliker explains that a guest at the state visit asked what Madame de Gaulle was looking forward to during her upcoming retirement. “With great elaboration (as she didn’t speak much English) she [Madame de Gaulle] replied: ‘A penis’,” Helliker said. “An awkward silence then ensued for some time, until the Queen herself came to the rescue, and she said with a broad grin: ‘Ah, happiness.'”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 21, 2020 3:21 AM

Yes R175, we do.know what happened. According to Lady C, the Harkles walked around the wedding telling people about the potato headed tadpole that was in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 199July 21, 2020 3:26 AM

Sooooo, do we think Phil is walking unaided, or did his aid prop him up?

by Anonymousreply 200July 21, 2020 3:38 AM

"Prior to the marriage, the Cambridges hosted Meghan and Harry for an informal family dinner. Meghan excused herself to take a call privately. Charlotte soon followed. When Kate went to retrieve C., she found Meghan taking pictures of her."

That saucy Charlotte had stripped down to her skivvies and was showing off some royal moves.

Best to keep Andrew far, far away from naughty Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 201July 21, 2020 3:54 AM

No one could steal Eugenie's thunder at her wedding. Her dress and accessories were perfectly stunning. She looked amazing and her husband was dutifully devoted.

Beatrice's wedding was lovely. I think the details were thoughtful and her dress was very suited to her style. I'd have liked a 3/4 sleeve and a beaded bottom layer rather than that satin border, but it worked and she played it just right. The flowers, from bouquet to archway, were superlative. They were my favorite detail.

I've liked the York sisters ever since they put that upstart in her place at her own wedding with a couple of outrageous hats. Pippa provided the coup de 'ass.

Could be why Kate tries to continually upstage brides at weddings she's invited to. Beatrice managed to keep her off the invite list and I'm sure it was intentional. The York sisters are not fans of Karen Keen.

by Anonymousreply 202July 21, 2020 3:57 AM

"According to Lady C"...

Jamaican born and of Lebanese descent, George William Ziadie has no close ties to anyone near the BRF. Her only tie to British aristocracy is a brief 18 month marriage to Colin Campbell some 3 decades ago.

R199 you are truly an incorrigible idiot if you believe anything Ms. Ziadie has to say about any member of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 203July 21, 2020 3:59 AM

She was misgendered at birth, r203. Not in a trans way. In a fused labia way. That's why she was initially brought up as a boy. She's a biological female.

But don't let that stop you from indulging in your bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 204July 21, 2020 7:30 AM

Someone find me receipts of "Kate stealing the thunder at every wedding she's ever been to."

I suppose that means she showed up well and appropriately dressed for the occasion . . .

by Anonymousreply 205July 21, 2020 11:35 AM

Kate looked amazing at Harry’s wedding, she looked like a perfect royal duchess. Her hat game was ON.

by Anonymousreply 206July 21, 2020 12:04 PM

"The fist truly Public wedding was that of The Queens parents, The Duke and Duchess of York at Westminster Abbey, which proved so popular that almost every other family member was forced into a huge public televised wedding for the next 70 years."

R150 - Actually, regarding the first BRF public marriage, I think it was the marriage of Mary, The Princess Royal to Henry Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood in 1922. I saw this describe in some documentary on The Smithsonian Channel.

Also, The Daily Mail just makes things up out of thin air to generate click$ for revenue$.

by Anonymousreply 207July 21, 2020 12:34 PM

R177 - She absolutely knew better and she was absolutely being a bitch. If the bump had been on another foot and she the bride, you wouldn't have heard the end of it from now till Domesday. Can you imagine if Kate had been in her first trimester in May 2018 and before any public announcement had been made, had attended Meghan's televised wedding in a (completely unnecessary) maternity coat?!

by Anonymousreply 208July 21, 2020 12:49 PM

One thing I do not understand about the "Appearance Trolls" is that they talk out of both sides of their mouth.

The "Appearance Trolls" love to slam the York Princesses for not being Vogue Cover Model beautiful and slim yet in their next breath they slam the Duchess of Sussex for supposedly having plastic surgery to improve her looks and taking appetite suppressants to control her weight.

It makes no difference which side of the fence you are on but please pick a side and stay there for sake of the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 209July 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Getting knocked up by unattractive, dim manchild Harry was nothing to brag about. Girl is cray.

by Anonymousreply 210July 21, 2020 4:59 PM

Does Vanessa Feltz talk like this in her everyday life? And if so, why hasn't her husband killed her yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 21, 2020 6:12 PM

wasn’t it too hot to wear that coat at Eug’s wedding anyway?

by Anonymousreply 212July 21, 2020 6:38 PM

Vanessa is a yo-yo fattie with MH issues.

by Anonymousreply 213July 21, 2020 7:31 PM

One wears black if one wants to best upstage the bride, I mean not upstage...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 21, 2020 7:58 PM

R206 But Kate and Camilla snickering over the Black minister's speech was really low-class behavior.

by Anonymousreply 215July 22, 2020 6:35 AM

This interview made me really like Beatrice. I think she's charming. She can't help that she inherited bug eyes and both of her parents are total disasters. I hope Edo really loves her and isn't using her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 22, 2020 6:50 AM

It was the absolute best as the rest of us in the U.S. wished for more crowd watching as he kept shrieking "LOVE!" as Camilla and Kate's hats became even more adjoining to cover the obvious tittering

by Anonymousreply 217July 22, 2020 6:51 AM

R217. Well, no. If you can't behave yourself inside a church during someone else's wedding, something's wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 218July 22, 2020 7:00 AM

r215, they weren't snickering over the black pastor. They've had their share of unusual pastors in their lives. The CoE os famous for 'odd pastors'.

They were wondering what the fuck was going on when Meghan failed to curtsy to the Queen as Harry was walking her out of Windsor Chapel.

And - guess what? They were right. It WAS a sign of disrespect in the moment, and a sign of all the disrespect to come.

Despite Meghan's eager willingness to take the Queen's money.

by Anonymousreply 219July 22, 2020 7:01 AM

R219 No. They were giggling over the Black pastor's speech.

It has been put to rest that Meghan did everything she was required by protocol to due in term of showing respect to the Queen during the wedding, whether the director of the TV live feed cut to that specific camera or not at the time.

Any purported failure of MM to adhere to protocol is the responsibility of the royal handlers and that includes the time of MM's first event w/ the Queen when MM didn't wear a hat or know which side of the car to get in and when.

by Anonymousreply 220July 22, 2020 7:09 AM

^^ terms

by Anonymousreply 221July 22, 2020 7:10 AM

R218 - are you referring to me or the long-winded minister?

by Anonymousreply 222July 22, 2020 7:11 AM

R222 I was referring to Kate and Camilla, but if you can't behave yourself inside of a church during someone else's wedding, then you can be included in my comments

by Anonymousreply 223July 22, 2020 7:17 AM

Meghan did NOTHING required of protocol.

She wore white, rather than cream, as a second-married.

She wore a lengthy train, as a second-married.

She demanded a specific tiara of the Queen. The Queen only ever offers a tiara to married-ins.

She insulted the Windsor Castle chef in charge of her wedding feast.

She screamed at so many people that she alienated half the family and all the staff within 3 months of her wedding.

And yes, you are right to mention that when the Queen gave her an unusual honour - that of appearing beside her before the wedding, she was asked to wear a hat, but refused.

Good thing it made her look as fake as she is by advertising her weave/lack of weave:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 22, 2020 7:17 AM

MM's alleged not bowing to the Queen during her +Harrys wedding doesn't come anywhere near what Prince Andrew and Fergie have done in trying to make bank off the Royal Family connection. Factor in Andrew screwing girls procured and trafficked by Epstein+ Ghislaine Maxwell, there is NO comparison.

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2020 7:23 AM

Also, please explain why one of the most important men ever to live in Britain is Archbishop John Sentamu?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Why need I even ask. The Apartames don't even know what an Archbishop is, much less how important one is...

by Anonymousreply 227July 22, 2020 7:27 AM

R224 Please come into the new century. So ALL women who wear white at the weddings are virgins. Give me a break!

MM's veil was the best thing about her wedding attire. The dress, her hair, and makeup were not the best.

On the 1st official outing, MM was not told that she HAD to wear a hat, merely the Queen was wearing one.

I don't have the time or patience to refute the rest of your ridiculous fixations. Get a life!

I

by Anonymousreply 228July 22, 2020 7:31 AM

No. She never curtsied to the Queen. The evidence is on tape. She sailed right on by.

After SMILING while singing God Save The Queen. Meaning the death of the Queen is a happy idea.

So unimaginably disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2020 7:35 AM

Prince William is the best example of not marrying for looks (even if he will be the King of England some day). Holy crap! He was so handsome. Now He's hard to look at with his chipmunk chicks, bald head and sour disposition.

by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2020 7:37 AM

r228, No.

r220 claimed that Markle adhered to protocol. Not only did she not adhere to protocol, she managed to insult the Queen, and therefore the British Public, in front of the entire world, at her own wedding.

Quite a feat.

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2020 7:40 AM

R229 Fuck off. Really. Do you think a curtsy or not to the Queen is more important when millions are dying of Covid-19 around the world? Good God! I know you are American by the way you write.

Who the hell cares whether MM did a curtsy or not?!

by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Fuck you, ignorant American r232

Get the FUCK out of my country's story if you are too stupid to understand our traditions.

Go back to McDonald's.

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2020 7:42 AM

R226 You and your homophobic preacher may both kindly fuck off!!

"Sentamu, born in Uganda, said laws being debated in Uganda which would impose the death penalty on homosexuals and on those supporting them were "victimising". He told the BBC that the proposed law "tends to confuse all of homosexual relationships with what you call aggravated stuff and that's the problem" but that the Anglican Communion was committed to recognising that gay people were valued by God.[44] Previously, as area Bishop of Stepney, he was one of four English bishops who refused to sign the Cambridge Accord: an attempt in 1999 to find agreement on affirming certain human rights of homosexuals, notwithstanding differences within the church on the morality of homosexual behaviour.[45] In 2012 he stated his opposition to government plans to legalise same-sex marriage in the United Kingdom, asserting that "Marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman, I don't think it is the role of the State to define what marriage is" and "We've seen dictators [redefine marriage] in different contexts and I don't want to redefine very clear social structures that have been in existence for a long time."[46] At the same time, he expressed support for same-sex civil partnerships. "They [civil partnerships] are in every respect in ethical terms an honourable contract of a committed relationship."[47]

In 2016, speaking to Piers Morgan, Sentamu said that he would not call homosexuality a 'sin' and still supported civil unions while opposing same-sex marriage.[48] “I support civil partnerships because I think that’s a matter of equality, and a matter of fairness, but for me, it was wrong for the Government to try to redefine the nature of marriage" he said.[49] In 2017, Sentamu spoke out in favour of a motion at General Synod to call for the government to ban the use of 'conversion' therapy, a controversial practice meant to change a person's sexual orientation.[50] At the same session of General Synod, Sentamu supported a motion to offer "welcome and affirmation" for transgender persons as members of the Church of England."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 22, 2020 7:46 AM

Not to mention saying FUCK during the carriage ride, which was picked up by lip readers.

by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2020 7:48 AM

R223. Your country? Yeah right. Why is it the stairs leading up from every fucking tube station say McDonald's, McDonalds, McDonald's, all the way up to the street?

You are an imbecile. Every thread on DL has been ruined by idiots like you who have no connection to the entertainment business.

by Anonymousreply 236July 22, 2020 7:48 AM

And yet, you may never claim that the Queen does not respect black men.

So the Black man in question comes from the African Continent and is not yet awakened?

Ok. I'd say that's true of 99% of the African populace.

by Anonymousreply 237July 22, 2020 7:50 AM

R235. MM saying "Fuck!" at the excitement of seeing the public response was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2020 7:51 AM

It's not my fault that the tube takes half of it's advertising from an American company beloved by you.

And yes. I hate America every time I see it in the tube.

by Anonymousreply 239July 22, 2020 7:51 AM

It was many things, R238, but "lovely" is not among them. Try trashy, low-class, vulgar, ill-bred, distasteful, and the all-time British favourite, common..

by Anonymousreply 240July 22, 2020 7:54 AM

R239 Once again, I will say that you're idiot and I don't believe for a minute that you are from the UK.

by Anonymousreply 241July 22, 2020 7:55 AM

R240 Hmm.. common? Would that be like watching "Love Island" and/or barfing in the streets of Malaguf? Ok, Guv. Or are you Luv?

by Anonymousreply 242July 22, 2020 7:59 AM

Oh NO! An American called me an 'idiot'!!!

WhatEVER will I DO???

by Anonymousreply 243July 22, 2020 8:00 AM

I'm out of here. These MM haters are the same as the people who try to downplay Biden's dementia. And yeah, I will have to vote for the fucker because we can't have Trump again.

R243 You are nothing.

by Anonymousreply 244July 22, 2020 8:02 AM

R243 And you most definitely are not English.

by Anonymousreply 245July 22, 2020 8:02 AM

r241, Where did you take your GCSCs?

Answer me in under a minute and I'll tell you where I did mine.

(Or, don't bother, McDonald's American who will have to look up what I am talking about)

by Anonymousreply 246July 22, 2020 8:03 AM

Over a minute... the Sugar has to look things up.

Fuck off, Megstan.

by Anonymousreply 247July 22, 2020 8:05 AM

R256 and R247 (the same idiot, I'm sure) . I am blocking you.

by Anonymousreply 248July 22, 2020 8:12 AM

Fuck off, Megstan.

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2020 8:21 AM

R249 is entirely right.

Fuck off, Megstan.

by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2020 8:29 AM

Sorry - just quickly to add: I asked a Megstan a simple question about GCSCs.

It failed to answer.

I suppose there are vanishingly few Sunshine Sachs employees who know the first thing about GCSEs.

Meghan's paid bots are now obviously why all chat of her has been shut down, when she's the greatest gossip story since the Abdication.

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2020 8:34 AM

Long-winded Bishop Curry and the Look I'm Black extravaganza weren't the least bit funny. They were completely embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2020 8:34 AM

Bishop Curry went on far too long, but to mock it as a "Black Extraganva" is wrong and rude,.

"This Little Light of Mine" was one of my late mother's favorite songs.

"Stand By Me" is one of my favorite songs. If you are such a hard-ass that you can't appreciate those songs, then I feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2020 9:02 AM

typo: Black Extravaganza

by Anonymousreply 254July 22, 2020 9:02 AM

Why didn't Meghan opt for even one song from Sussex?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 22, 2020 9:14 AM

Things are so damn scary with Covid-19 and the financial collapse, but I thought these things were so heartwarming:

1. Jack putting on his glasses so he could see Eugenie walk up the aisle. 2. Bea smiling when she was peeking through the flower arch after her wedding. 3. The Queen knighting Sir Tom, the NHS hero. Bless their hearts. They were both all hunched over from age but quite luminous, smiling and alive!

by Anonymousreply 256July 22, 2020 9:18 AM

Yes darling, they're all on the malaria drug and I guarantee you that they all hugged and kissed when the photographers were banished from the grounds.

by Anonymousreply 257July 22, 2020 9:24 AM

^^ Granted, Eugenic and Jack got married before the Covid-19 outbreak. But, I was so tense watching the wedding because I feared that red-faced Jack was going to pass out from the stress.

I'm glad that Bea and Edo were able to have their wedding in private. Sad that Andrew + Covid19 = toxic

But why wait? It can only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 258July 22, 2020 9:26 AM

^^^ typo: Eugenie

by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2020 9:28 AM

Wills and Kate got married nicely

Yuge and Jack got married nicely.

Bea and Edo go married nicely.

Good things.

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2020 9:35 AM

R206, everyone was giggling over the black pastor's speech and wondering when the fuck he was going to finish, even black people. He went on and on and on and, if he hadn't been black, he would have been considered completely inappropriate and attention-seeking. I doubt Meghan had ever sat and listened to an American black pastor give a sermon before in her life.

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2020 10:02 AM

All the black elements in that wedding were completely bizarre. The bride was a woman who had done everything in her power to identify as white. Apart from her mother, there were no black members of her family (or white embers, but that's another story..). Her new family didn't have a single black member.

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2020 10:50 AM

The black pastor had me howling on my own sofa at home. However, I’d have kept a poker face in church.

“Stand By Me” is a lovely song, but was absolutely cringeworthy during a royal wedding. It was funny but no one laughed because they were embarrassed for the couple.

A stark white dress is inappropriate for a bride if it’s her second marriage. No one expects a woman to be a virgin at her second wedding. But greedy rich bitches throw themselves baby showers for their third child, so who the fuck cares, right?

by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2020 10:51 AM

The black preacher was something of an attention whore, just like the bride.

by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2020 11:06 AM

Butting in for the British cukture nonsense in here. Sentamu made it to second highest Anglican cleric, he was a self serving arrogant bastard and was furious that Welby got the top job. ( I don't care as I am not CofE ). Sentamu is/was never that important to most people.Wedding bishop rambled on beyond his alloted time, so he deserves mockery. GCSEs are the current system for school exams at 16. Previously we had GCE "O" level at that age ( followed by GCE "A" level 2 years later). Less academic children took CSE, which were graded 1-9 IIRC. A grade 1 CSE was supposed to count as a grade C "O" level but every employer knew that taking CSEs meant you were in the daft kid stream..so they finally combined the two but made them much easier.

by Anonymousreply 265July 22, 2020 11:14 AM

Wow haha, you all really let the rage out during the non-US hours, don’t you? I promise you guys, it’s not *that* serious.

I will add that the Royal Reviewer, one of the top BRF queens on YT, did a whole video about how she did curtsy and Harry head-bowed. You can juuuust make it out with the poor, aerial camera angle. It changes nothing about other cringey moments from that day, but it’s there if you look for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 22, 2020 11:31 AM

Yes, he did the full head bow but she did only a half-assed curtsy which was only partly caught by the overhead camera during the angle change. It happened but it was so badly done she deserves the censure she has revived.

by Anonymousreply 267July 22, 2020 11:39 AM

I’m the only one who thought this was a Golden Girls thread, right?

by Anonymousreply 268July 22, 2020 11:44 AM

Sentamu one of the most important men to live in England?

Go back to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 269July 22, 2020 11:45 AM

I posted censure she has received, DL told me it didn't post so I assumed i was paywalled out, but it did post as censure she has revived, which I did not write.

Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 270July 22, 2020 12:03 PM

"Long-winded Bishop Curry and the Look I'm Black extravaganza weren't the least bit funny. They were completely embarrassing."

The entire wedding reeked of the same peculiar sense of a panto that everyone watching (both inside and outside St. George's) recognised as a panto. The black celebrities most of whom Meghan had barely ever met, let alone who were her "friends" (Serena Williams was the only exception, and she's since pretty much ghosted Meghan after the Wimbledon and US Open debacles); the black preacher at whom everyone, including heavily pregnant Zara Tindall, was snickering; the ridiculous First Wedding Bride With Face Veil on a 37 year old d-list actress divorcee . . .

The wedding had all the earmarks of what Americans call a Hail Mary Pass with Harry's family's fingers all crossed fervently behind their backs.

As for Meghan and the wearing of the hat at that one joint visit with the Queen - they don't EVER say you MUST wear a hat - the message before the event that "Her Majesty will be wearing a hat" was the polite way of telling the other party that she also should be wearing a hat. They never use the words "must" and "required" - they assume that people inside the Golden Circle "get it".

Neither Kate nor Sophie nor Diana would ever have not known what that message meant.

So, either Meghan was profoundly stupid or willfully insulting.

And lastly, photos of the tops of Meghan's head that day in her lampshade dress show her hair to be in incredibly bad shape, with bald spots and weave attachments fully visible.

A hat would have been by far the wiser choice on Meghan's part for a variety of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 271July 22, 2020 12:10 PM

Rose Hudson-Wilkin, Bishop of Dover and Chaplain to the Queen, a black woman, also spoke at the service and led prayers, but Pastor Michael fans probably don't remember her because she was dignified and respectful and didn't make it a show with her as the star.

by Anonymousreply 272July 22, 2020 12:13 PM

[quote] So, either Meghan was profoundly stupid or willfully insulting.

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 273July 22, 2020 12:15 PM

I never get those wierd frocks with lampshades or capes, call it "fashun", but you look foolish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 22, 2020 12:23 PM

I think those Caped Crusader get-ups MM favoured were supposed to be a nod to the Royal Ermine kings and queens wear in fairy tales or in modern times, at coronations.

by Anonymousreply 275July 22, 2020 12:33 PM

For people who claim to hate Meghan, you guys sure do bring her up an awful lot. Even in threads that have nothing to do with her. If Meghan and Harry are the worst, then why keep talking about them?

by Anonymousreply 276July 22, 2020 12:37 PM

The graveyard shift pro-Meghan posters can't stay away from these threads either.

by Anonymousreply 277July 22, 2020 12:45 PM

What more fun and justice, r276?

Keep trying, r277, Maybe somebody will eventually pay attention to you.

by Anonymousreply 278July 22, 2020 12:49 PM

R276 - It's the old ball rolling downhill that no one can stop. And it's also a reaction to the Megbots on CB and Meghan's Mirror who also jumped on some other girl's wedding to bash said girl and compare her to Meghan. It's the culture wars.

And just wait till the lawsuit heats up when the actual trial starts.

Bea's wedding was the only reason Meghan's latest submission of court papers weren't done to death on DL.

Of course, as the MoS's requests for documentation on claims made by Meghan in her Complaint drive the Sussex's legal fees ever upward into regions where even the Bank of Charles gets restive (whilst the MoS can comfortably afford them and moreover keeps forcing Meghan to bring out into the sunlight stuff she'd rather keep under a rock), Meghan may eventually screw DL over and withdraw her suit . . .

No, she wouldn't do that to us, would she? And us without another royal wedding in sight until Princess Charlotte marries Prince Christian of Denmark and the term "royal wedding" takes on an entirely new dimension . . .?

by Anonymousreply 279July 22, 2020 12:52 PM

R277, my abject apologies. i read your post backward from what you obviously said and intended. My response was horrible and I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 280July 22, 2020 12:53 PM

Swipe for photos of The York Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 22, 2020 2:00 PM

The wedding tiaras of the Yorks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Muriel, the Klan Grannies are here! Please paywall their racist thread.

Replikate didn't curtsey to the spaztastic queen either at her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 283July 22, 2020 2:23 PM

Megan DID curtsey to the Queen! It was Kate Middleton who forgot.

What a bunch of racist cunts you are, making up stories.

Muriel! Please shut down this KKK thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284July 22, 2020 2:27 PM

Looks like a curtsy to me, R283.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 22, 2020 2:39 PM

That article says Kate forgot to curtsey until she was on her way out, whereas Meghan obeyed protocol and curtseyed on her way down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 286July 22, 2020 2:41 PM

This thread is not about Meghan. It is about Beatrice & Edo.

Meghan is gone. It makes no difference if you are Meghan-hater or a Meghanstan because Meghan & Harry are probably not coming back. Just let the Sussexes rest in peace by ignoring them.

by Anonymousreply 287July 22, 2020 2:46 PM

R284 The curtsy business isn't that serious.

by Anonymousreply 288July 22, 2020 2:48 PM

The "curtsy business" says it all, a half-assed move and predictor of the buffoonery to come. As long as Prince Dim continues his stupidity the delicious gossip will not let him rest in peace.

-Looking forward to lawsuits real and threatened, bless.

by Anonymousreply 289July 22, 2020 2:59 PM

Here's Philip, 99, walking unaided:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290July 22, 2020 3:09 PM

[QUOTE] Yes, he did the full head bow but she did only a half-assed curtsy

her half-asses curtsies aren’t just limited to the Doyenne of All Sovereigns (QEII), she also gave a shitty curtsy to The Queen of Tonga. She must think she doesn’t need to perfect it since she’s American. What an asshole. She should look to Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway or The Princess of Monaco on how to gracefully curtsy to a sovereign or consort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291July 22, 2020 5:41 PM

I can’t tell if this outrage over her curtsy is real or satirical.

by Anonymousreply 292July 22, 2020 8:33 PM

Curtsying is serious fucking business, R292

by Anonymousreply 293July 22, 2020 8:48 PM

If Meghan had not have curtsied, you bitches would still be up in arms about it. So transparent.

by Anonymousreply 294July 22, 2020 9:00 PM

I agree with R287. The other Royals have had their own threads, and I conveniently used the Sussex's decision to step down from their duties as Senior Royals as the turning point when I largely stopped commenting about them. We've had Bea and Eugenie to chat about for a long time: Jack Brooksbank and Edo come to the public's attention as virtual unknowns, just as MM did. And it seems that the public is always harder on the women who marry into the BRF than their male counterparts: I try to avoid that. Jack B has kept a low profile since his marriage. I have yet to hear a single interview with Edo, so he's rather intriguing to me.

by Anonymousreply 295July 22, 2020 9:09 PM

There is another kokoshnik tiara in the Queen's collection. It was made as a 25th wedding anniversary gift to her great-grandmother, Queen Alexandra. The style was decided because Alexandra's sister was the penultimate Tsarina of Russia and both sisters would have diamond kokoshniks. Queen Alexandra left it to Queen Mary who left it to the Queen as a personal piece. It was never worn by Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother.

Queen Alexandra's tiara was a favorite of the Queen up until the last decade or so. She rarely wears it now because it's so heavy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296July 22, 2020 9:46 PM

[quote] She must think she doesn’t need to perfect it since she’s American. What an asshole. She should look to Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway or The Princess of Monaco on how to gracefully curtsy to a sovereign or consort.

It's interesting that the Princess of Monaco has chosen to curtsy to sovereigns and consorts. She doesn't do it out of protocol, but out of respect. She may be "just" a princess, but because her husband is head of state as a sovereign prince, she technically ranks along with other royal heads of state.

When Charles was still a bachelor, he and his then current girlfriend encountered Princess Michael of Kent in public. Charles specifically instructed his girlfriend NOT to curtsy to Marie-Christine.

by Anonymousreply 297July 22, 2020 9:54 PM

true, The Princess of Monaco didn’t have to curtsy but it was lovely that she did.

by Anonymousreply 298July 22, 2020 10:15 PM

the night that Diana made her first appearance with Charles, in the infamous black strapless gown, she did a pretty little curtsy to The Princess of Monaco (Grace) who wore a gorgeous typical 80s violet gown. As R297 said, a princess is not always just a princess. The consort of a princely sovereign trumps other princesses.

by Anonymousreply 299July 22, 2020 10:18 PM

She may have married a prince but MM was still a US citizen. She should not have curtsied. It’s not a question of respect—it’s a deferential act, and should not be done by any American citizen.

by Anonymousreply 300July 22, 2020 10:23 PM

Then, R300, by your logic, she should have declined the titles and styles that came to her during the ceremony (HRH The Duchess of Sussex, Princess Henry etc etc). Right?

by Anonymousreply 301July 22, 2020 10:27 PM

R301, those are bestowed on her. Why should she turn them down? It’s the idiots who bestowed them that should have thought twice.

by Anonymousreply 302July 22, 2020 11:03 PM

no, you're wrong r302, everybody knows it, and you do too; you just can't find it in yourself to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 303July 22, 2020 11:12 PM

Gurls! of course Kate curtseyed to HM at the alter in Westminster Abbey. Its traditional for royal brides to curtsey to the monarch after they are married, stopping just before heading back down the aisle to leave the church.

Meghan also curtseyed, for some reason the live tv feed chose that moment to switch camera angles, from a straight-above shot to another, During the changeover, Harry and Meg bowed, you can see her beginning to drop down at the last second of the above shot.

If she hadn't properly curtseyed you would have heard of nothing else in the post-wedding coverage, all of the guests present would have been talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 304July 22, 2020 11:20 PM

Hah r303, talk about an anemic response! “You’re wrong and you know it!!” Great thinking there. She would have gotten the titles and money if she curtsied or not. They’re the suckers for giving it away.

by Anonymousreply 305July 22, 2020 11:20 PM

the titles weren’t bestowed on her, they were bestowed on Harry. Me! carries them by courtesy, and the smallest courtesy to the person who allowed it to happen is to do a beautiful curtsy. Too bad they diverted the camera away but if it was anything like her lame little hiccup to HM The Queen of Tonga (who is a Woman of Color) I’m sure it was an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 306July 22, 2020 11:25 PM

Oh great, we're having a great debate on a fucking curtsy

by Anonymousreply 307July 22, 2020 11:30 PM

If meghan weren't such a grifter she wouldn't have accepted the titles; or chosen not to use them them; but of course she wants them and uses them in an attempt to monetize them.

Too bad that her reputation precedes her!

by Anonymousreply 308July 22, 2020 11:50 PM

By living or visiting another Country it's sort of an unspoken rule that you should observe local customs and practices.

It it bad mannered and churlish not to.

by Anonymousreply 309July 23, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote]She would have gotten the titles and money if she curtsied or not. They’re the suckers for giving it away.

R305, You just drove home the point that many people have been trying to make. Well done. :p

by Anonymousreply 310July 23, 2020 12:23 AM

Since this thread is off the rails anyway… I’ve always been intrigued by that one public meeting that we know of between princess Diana and Princess Caroline. The blonde and brunette royal beauties of their day. Caroline was the “it“ princess before Diana came along. She doesn’t seem to have minded being usurped, probably took the pressure off her. I wonder how they got along? Both dominant personalities but Caroline seems to be made of stronger stuff, much better adjusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 23, 2020 1:16 AM

They aren't really comparable, Carolyn was born Royal and a Princess. She was raised in the public eye and knows how to deal with the press.

Diana was the youngest child of a future Earl with a scandal ridden past (divorce). There were no expectations for her.

They had little in common..

by Anonymousreply 312July 23, 2020 1:59 AM

R312 I think they’re comparable enough, certainly in terms of experiencing that kind of crazy fame early in their young lives. Caroline had a briefly scandalous teenage wild stage, with no expectations in Monaco of all places...both young girls married older sophisticated men. The two glamorous princesses of their generation. Also, Caroline was not born royal, but serene. She’s royal now, by marriage. It’s true that she coped better with media attention, but she also didn’t purposefully create drama. We really don’t know what she’s like in private, she doesn’t give much. But the Grimaldis seem like a reasonably close family.

I know, I know… Take it to the European royalty thread…

by Anonymousreply 313July 23, 2020 2:11 AM

R313 In terms of experiences, Diana and Caroline's mother, were more comparable. Also, while Caroline was popular, in the press, the "title" of "Royal It Girl," for the press and public, really went Princess Grace to Princess Diana. Caroline never had the attention that her mother or Diana recieved.

by Anonymousreply 314July 23, 2020 2:16 AM

She did briefly, R314, in her late teens, until Diana came along . I remember there were lots of stories in my mother’s tabloids.

I remember one series of photographs where she was wasted at some party with Flowers in her hair and her tits falling out of her dress.

by Anonymousreply 315July 23, 2020 2:23 AM

Here’s Caroline with prince Charles in 1975. That must have caused quite the frenzy of speculation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 23, 2020 2:26 AM

Her dress was so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 317July 23, 2020 3:31 AM

Caroline dated Charles a few times but there was no question of him marrying her due to her Catholicism. Interesting that she wound up marrying two playboys in a row before finally marrying a royal, Grace wanted her to marry a royal from the get-go and there were probably plenty of potential suitors from the remaining Catholic royal and princely Houses.

by Anonymousreply 318July 23, 2020 11:52 AM

I surprised Meghan did flash her tits after she got that ring on and skip down the aisle with ginger trailing behind.

by Anonymousreply 319July 23, 2020 12:04 PM

R312 - Actually, Caroline and Diana weren't comparable: Caroline was born a Serene Highness (HSH), not a Royal Highness (HRH), and in those circles, that counts. Nor was Caroline married to a future Head of State; Diana, after her marriage, as a Royal Highness and future Queen Consort, actually outranked Caroline. Caroline was born quasi-royal, not remotely born royal the way, say, Princess Anne was.

Caroline became a Royal Highness late in life upon her third marriage to Prince Ernst of Hanover, who is actually somewhere along it in the line of succession to the British throne.

The marriage has been over for years and they live separate lives, but have never divorced, and one reason they haven't divorced is the title, which Caroline wants to take to the grave.

The Monegasque throne passes to Caroline's son, Prince Andrea, and his sons. Prince Pierre, Princess Charlotte, and Princess Alexandra, Caroline's daughter with Prince Ernst, are pushed further down.

"Alexandra is the only one of Princess Caroline's four children who bears any royal style or title. While she is formally styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra of Hanover in Monaco, she is afforded the style and title out of courtesy elsewhere. As the Kingdom of Hanover no longer exists, the title is legally recognized in Germany as part of her surname. She is 13th in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne. Through her father, she was in the line of succession to the British throne[8] until she was confirmed into the Catholic Church."

The Monegasques are not "royal" in the sense that the British, Danish, etc., royals are. Without that HRH, they're considered second rankers, for all their wealth, which is considerable.

Hence, Caroline not divorcing Ernst.

by Anonymousreply 320July 23, 2020 12:57 PM

R320 Prince Albert's son is the current heir, not Caroline's son.

by Anonymousreply 321July 23, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote]Prince Ernst of Hanover, who is actually somewhere along it in the line of succession to the British throne.

Ernie is also the heir apparent to the British Dukedom of Cumberland and Teviotdale. The title was created by George III for his son Ernst Augustus, who later became King of Hanover. The title has been suspended/revoked since 1917, so that it would not be inherited by "enemies of the United Kingdom in the Great War".

by Anonymousreply 322July 23, 2020 1:14 PM

HSH aren’t looked down on by HRHs though, as if they were dirty and untouchable. It’s a lower rank but some HSHs are Reigning sovereigns, such as Liechtenstein and Monaco. As sovereigns, they are equals. Queen Victoria allowed her daughter to marry an HSH, although she elevated him to HRH it wasn’t recognized outside of Great Britain. Queen Victoria also allowed her granddaughter Victoria to marry an HSH, and his line begat Prince Philip, plus Queen Victoria let her grandson (her son’s heir) Prince George marry an HSH who was to become Queen Mary.

Just a clarification about Caroline’s children, only Alexandra has a title, she is a princess of Hanover, princess of Brunswick, and in pretense Princess of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Caroline’s other children have no titles because they weren’t sired by Ernst August of Hanover, their father was the untitled Italian playboy who died in a yacht accident. One of Caroline’s sons married an Italian countess, however.

by Anonymousreply 323July 23, 2020 1:16 PM

R320, that seems a bit odd (her obsession with being a HRH through her marriage to the Prince) since German titles have had no legal weight since the end of WWI.

by Anonymousreply 324July 23, 2020 1:29 PM

All I meant was Caroline and Diana seem comparable as beautiful young women in those circles, princesses in the international spotlight, more or less the same age. Caroline was Diana before Diana came on the scene and took the glamorous young princess thing to the stratosphere. Why is this hard?

by Anonymousreply 325July 23, 2020 1:45 PM

I think Marie Astrid of Belgium was Diana before Diana came among

by Anonymousreply 326July 23, 2020 2:15 PM

R325 - I'm old enough to remember Caroline's popularity as well so I think Diana and her are comparable (however, I do think Diana is in a class by herself and no one since has really reached the same fame level as she did when she was alive).

Caroline's mother was the former American actress Grace Kelly so naturally Caroline appeared on nearly every American magazine cover. I remember her on People magazine numerous times as well as Seventeen and Ladies Home Journal (or maybe it was Good Housekeeping???). She had a rebellious teenage phase so she did create some scandalous headlines at the time (partying, appearing with her dress exposing her breasts at nightclubs, sunbathing topless etc...) and then married a playboy named Philippe Junot and the marriage was over in just two years. All her behavior was the "norm" for young European women at the time but it certainly was not the type of behavior for princesses to emulate. Her younger sister Stephanie had her own time of fame/notoriety when she hit her teenage years and early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 327July 23, 2020 2:21 PM

good heavens, I meant Marie Astrid of Luxembourg not Belgium. I must need another cup of coffee

by Anonymousreply 328July 23, 2020 2:26 PM

Caroline and Diana were only six years apart in age. But Caroline had been on the front pages since birth (Grace Kelly and all that) whilst Diana only hit the magazine covers at 19, when her relationship with Charles became public knowledge. And Caroline became sleazy tabloid fare quite early. She never had Diana's cachet and Charles, after meeting her, rather ungallantly reported that she had bad skin (probably retouched in many magazine photos) - his eventual fiancee, as we all know, had the enviable English Rose complexion that his mother, maternal grandmother, paternal great-grandmother, and great-great grandmother all sported and that they became famous for.

For all the good it did him . . .

As for Caroline "obsessing" over that HRH - you have to know in those circles, it matters. The Monegasque House was always looked down on as "tin pot" royals, not quite up to the mark . . .

Queen Mary, the present Queen's grandmother, was also born "only" a Serene Highness - only upon marrying Prince George, who would succeed the dead older brother as King George V, did Mary obtain the coveted HRH, becoming HRH Mary Princess of Wales and future Queen Consort of Great Britain and Empress of India.

Nevertheless, her mother-in-law, Queen Alexandra (Edward VII's consort) and her sisters-in-law (born HRHs, naturally), never let her forget it.

You would be very surprised how this stuff hangs on.

by Anonymousreply 329July 23, 2020 4:05 PM

Say what one will about Caroline, she seems tough and strong. And now she’s very much the matriarch.

by Anonymousreply 330July 23, 2020 4:13 PM

This was the kind of coverage Caroline was getting in 1977. Even more so in Europe of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 23, 2020 4:20 PM

Caroline got lots of coverage, yeah - but I agree with poster upthread that Diana was in a class by herself. For one thing, Diana snagged the biggest catch in the Western World: the Prince of Wales, future King of Great Britain. Speculation about Charles' future marriage began by the time he was twelve. So right out of the starting gate, there was no comparison in cachet between the Monegasques and the Windsors in terms of class.

No one, really, cared who Caroline married. As soon as she got involved with the older playboy, Philippe Junot, the coverage turned bad - they were divorced within two years, the second husband with whom she had three of the four kids kept a mistress on the side and they really got married because she fell pregnant; the Church refused her an annulment from Junot (I think it relented later but I'm not sure); then she was widowed young when Casiraghi's head got snapped off in a boating accident; her mother died in that terrible accident at Rock Agel and remours floated that the younger sister, Stephanie, was really at the wheel but they covered it up; then she married Ernst of Hanover and that marriage collapsed, as well.

She's been in the news plentifully, for sure, but Caroline never had the global adoration and fascination that Diana generated. She also wasn't as photogenic, in my opinion.

I suspect William's daughter, Charlotte, may be in for a similar Cover Girl fate - she's already showing natural projection of personality in front of a camera, she has Diana's legs, you could see it in the photos for Prince William's birthday/Father's Day photo of her leaning up against his shoulder . . .

She's the next European princess who's in for the full treatment.

by Anonymousreply 332July 23, 2020 4:42 PM

I think Caroline aged horribly because of the Mediterranean European rich lady habits of suntanning, smoking, and drinking. She’s kept her figure though, and her leathery skin didn’t stop Kunty Karl from using her as his Muse for all those years. She looks great in Chanel, as does her daughter Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 333July 23, 2020 5:01 PM

R329 - Caroline and Diana were actually 4.5 years apart in age. Caroline was born on Jan 23,1957 and Diana on July 1, 1961. Why the hell I know these facts is my own business. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 334July 23, 2020 5:07 PM

Little Charlotte has a stable family, she'll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 335July 23, 2020 5:11 PM

If HSH is so looked down upon, why don't they just announce they are now HRHs? English monarchs were "His Grace" until Henry VIII decided to change it to "His Majesty." All that has to be done is for Albert to declare it.

by Anonymousreply 336July 23, 2020 5:28 PM

Given that photographers contributed to his mother's death, and how often they stalked her in real life, I can understand why William and Kate reacted so strongly to Meghan taking unauthorized snaps of Charlotte, if that story from Lady CC's book is indeed true.

by Anonymousreply 337July 23, 2020 5:38 PM

Why was she taking Charlotte? There were already plenty online.

by Anonymousreply 338July 23, 2020 5:43 PM

R338, because she's an asshole, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 339July 23, 2020 5:54 PM

Did she have the camera hidden in her knickers?

by Anonymousreply 340July 23, 2020 6:01 PM

What does no seatbelt/drunk driver/papparazzi have in common with Sparkles and her camera in a private residence? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 341July 23, 2020 6:22 PM

such dignity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 23, 2020 6:29 PM

R334 - I am glad you know those fact as I was getting ready to post the same facts.

I thank you for Googling so I don't have too!

by Anonymousreply 343July 23, 2020 6:40 PM

R343 - I don't have to Google. I know royal birthdays because I've been interested in them/reading about them since Princess Anne's first wedding to Mark Phillips Nov 14, 1973 (Prince Charles' birthday). The Queen was born on April 21 1926, Philip on June 10, 1921, Anne on August 15, 1950, Andrew on Feb 19, 1960 and Edward on March 10, 1964. You see I didn't have to Google those dates either because they're already ingrained in my head.

That is all. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 344July 23, 2020 6:55 PM

R344 - DL Royal Expert, I always remember The Queen Mother's and Barrack Obama's birthday as it is August 4. August 4 is also my husbands birthday. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 345July 23, 2020 7:02 PM

anybody can be a DL royalty expert by using Wikipedia. Anyone can be an expert at anything now

by Anonymousreply 346July 23, 2020 7:15 PM

R300 is correct. Americans fought and died to free themselves of non democratic rule and monarchy. No American citizen has to bow before anyone.

Imagine if Michelle Obama had curtsied before the Queen - that would have been a grotesque and disgusting spectacle. Of course she didn't - she did grace the Queen with a sort-of hug at some point during that trip. First Ladies are not expected to curtsy to any foreign monarchs. Now Nancy Reagan, well she was always a star-fucker so her curtsy came as no surprise.

Americans fought and died to free themselves of non democratic rules. No American citizen has to bow before anyone.

by Anonymousreply 347July 23, 2020 7:18 PM

R346 - I would not make that statement to the Tiara Troll as she will kick your ass.

by Anonymousreply 348July 23, 2020 7:19 PM

R346 - I would not make that statement to the Tiara Troll as she will kick your ass.

by Anonymousreply 349July 23, 2020 7:19 PM

R346 - again, I don't need assistance from Google or Wikipedia. I just know from useless facts gathered over the years of study. It's called "knowledge". You should try it.

by Anonymousreply 350July 23, 2020 7:21 PM

smell R350.

as if I didn’t have 40 years of studying royalty, or a degree in European history

by Anonymousreply 351July 23, 2020 8:11 PM

R345 August 4 is also Meghan's birthday. Just think, if the Queen Mother were still around, they could have a double celebration!

by Anonymousreply 352July 23, 2020 8:12 PM

Photographers used to stalk Diana and yell horrible things at her so she'd turn towards the camera and given them a valuable snap. Bonus points if they could get her to cry. When she lay dying in that Paris tunnel, they kept taking pictures. I can totally understand why William would be sensitive to unauthorized pictures of his children in general and of his daughter, Diana's only granddaughter, in particular. Especially in a situation (private dinner party) where he felt Charlotte should have been able to expect privacy, and ESPECIALLY considering the person taking the pics would totally be capable of selling them to a tabloid under the guise of "oops, I guess my phone got hacked."

by Anonymousreply 353July 23, 2020 8:35 PM

allegedly one time a gay photographer snarled at her “blue mascara has been out of style for 15 years!” and she broke down.

by Anonymousreply 354July 23, 2020 8:41 PM

Since this thread is meandering, here’s a picture of Caroline’s daughter Charlotte. Quite beautiful. Look at those Jolie lips, which are real, she had them as a little girl. How do you even speak or chew with those?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 23, 2020 10:48 PM

R353- - I have a feeling that Charlotte is going to turn out a give no fucks in the mold of her great-Aunt Anne

by Anonymousreply 356July 23, 2020 10:51 PM

Maria looks more like Grace Kelly than Caroline does.

I hope that Charlotte has the Mountbatten steeliness--given the media glare she'll live her life in, she's going to need it.

by Anonymousreply 357July 23, 2020 11:09 PM

I mean, CHARLOTTE looks more like Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 358July 23, 2020 11:10 PM

None of them actually LOOK like Kelly . . . but Charlotte is much prettier than her mother. She doesn't have the too small nose and chin in the too long face.

I'm sure one of Charlene's pluses for Albert was that she had a vague "type" similarity to his mother, the cool blonde look with the blue stare . . . but Charlene lacked Grace's delicacy of figure. Charlene sometimes looks oddly masculine to me - those swimmer shoulders . . .

And she doesn't look much happier than Grace turned out, either.

by Anonymousreply 359July 23, 2020 11:29 PM

This about BEA, damnit!

by Anonymousreply 360July 24, 2020 12:01 AM

R360 - Bea's over.

I did suggest that posters move this stuff over to the Royals Royals Everywhere thread . . .

But I simply cannot get them to mind me as they should.

by Anonymousreply 361July 24, 2020 12:05 AM

Very well, off to the Royals Royals everywhere thread I go. I wish the clan Granny troll would get banned so as not to ruin our discussions.

by Anonymousreply 362July 24, 2020 12:07 AM

R362, is that the oof troll as well?

by Anonymousreply 363July 24, 2020 1:04 AM

" Bea's over"

R360 - Sad but true.

I was hoping for more pictures from the wedding. I think all Royals should have big "dos" for weddings just to give us pictures to see what the guest wore.

by Anonymousreply 364July 24, 2020 11:59 AM

R362 - But then what we do for comic relief?

by Anonymousreply 365July 24, 2020 12:39 PM

State weddings should be limited to those who are likely to be Monarch, such as William or Chick. We did not need the expense or excess for Harry or Eugenie.

by Anonymousreply 366July 24, 2020 2:34 PM

R366 - Who is "Chick"?

by Anonymousreply 367July 24, 2020 3:54 PM

Sorry I meant Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 368July 24, 2020 4:18 PM

r366, I agree. Harry, Eug and Bea didn't qualify for the big London Cathedral weddings. However Harry and to a lesser extent Eug being allowed to waste all that public money for security so they could go around the block in a frigging carriage was disgraceful.

They weren't even going from A to B for chist sake, just a circle of swanking. Neither should have been allowed. I do think the US media were pushing to make Harry's wedding a big thing and so Eug had to have similar but smaller scale.

by Anonymousreply 369July 24, 2020 4:57 PM

Meghan claimed, without evidence, that her wedding brought in €1billion for the UK. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 370July 24, 2020 5:02 PM

[quote] Who is "Chick"?

[quote] Sorry I meant Chuck

It’s Chook!

by Anonymousreply 371July 24, 2020 5:03 PM

If Andrew had been less of an arse, both Bea and Eug could probably have had big weddings at York minster, as the Kents did. Large service but no closing the streets for carriage nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372July 24, 2020 5:05 PM

Andrew & Sarah really did not need or deserve a big public wedding either.

by Anonymousreply 373July 24, 2020 5:48 PM

R373 Spares usually get a big wedding. As was mentioned earlier The Queen's parents really started the modern Royal wedding trope, and he was the spare.

by Anonymousreply 374July 24, 2020 5:50 PM

Yes those twats didn't need a big wedding in 1986, he's was 4th in line at that point.

by Anonymousreply 375July 24, 2020 5:52 PM

R375 But, you forget he was a national hero at the time.

by Anonymousreply 376July 24, 2020 5:58 PM

That was three years before and has a small cock

by Anonymousreply 377July 24, 2020 6:00 PM

What I don't get is that Andrew got married in Westminster Abbey whereas Charles and Diana married in St. Paul's.

I mean, come on, Charles was the heir to the throne. And by the time Andrew got married, Charles had already fathered another heir to the throne and a spare, meaning that strictly speaking Andrew wasn't even the spare any more.

by Anonymousreply 378July 24, 2020 6:11 PM

Charles and Diana married at St. Paul's because it is bigger.

by Anonymousreply 379July 24, 2020 6:13 PM

Andy should have been relegated to Windsor Chapel. Caption this pic from the happy day..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 24, 2020 6:15 PM

Princess Anne married (the first time) at Westminster Abbey. Edward at St George’s chapel at Windsor. Don’t know if either of them were televised.

I can see the children of the sovereign getting married in a big ceremony. Not the grandchildren.

Andrew was wrong (quelle surprise) to push for the grand televised event for Eugenie. Corona and scandal intervened to give Bea an appropriately low key ceremony. Did Andrew want hers televised, does anyone know? Did Bea?

by Anonymousreply 381July 24, 2020 6:27 PM

R381 Andrew was all about his rights and his daughters rights. If not for his self explosion, he absolutely would've pushed for a big wedding for Bea. Hell, if he could've gotten away with it, he would've wanted weddings on Will and Kate's level. Edward understands that his kids are dynastically irrelevant. Andrew never will.

by Anonymousreply 382July 24, 2020 6:33 PM

Pricess Anne's wedding was on telly, I remember watching it as a kid. and it was quite a big deal but not a national holiday as Charles and Williams were. I don't remember for Edward. Times had changed by then and also he was fourth child of the queen to marry so getting boring by then.

by Anonymousreply 383July 24, 2020 6:38 PM

Princess Alexandra got the full Westminster Abbey and carriages, but again not a state or semi state occasion. That was 1963 though and attitudes have changed a lot. Also Princess Marina might have put her foot down!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384July 24, 2020 6:47 PM

"Don’t know if either of them were televised."

R381 - Both weddings were televised.

by Anonymousreply 385July 24, 2020 7:58 PM

amazing that there was that must interest in The Queen’s Kent cousins. Despite their exotic lineage (the sexy bi father, the exotic Continental mother with imperial connections) the Kent children were and are as dull as can be. I hope Charles puts them out to pasture immediately after his mother dies. I’d much rather see the enthusiastic York girls take on some duties than perpetuate the role of the aging Kents (or Gloucesters)

by Anonymousreply 386July 24, 2020 8:48 PM

The Yorks aren't that nice, they are bound to be entitled pricks

by Anonymousreply 387July 24, 2020 9:20 PM

If the York’s aren’t nice, then I don’t see how the Kent’s would be either. Well, except for The Duchess (“call me Catherine”) of Kent, I’ve seen her interviewed and she’s down to Earth.

by Anonymousreply 388July 25, 2020 12:32 AM

If Andrew weren't such a disaster, Bea and Eug's place as senior working Royals would have been assured. With the Sussexes gone, there's going to be a need for youngish Royals to pick up the slack over the next two decades until the Cambridge kids are old enough. As it is, though, they'll always be somewhat tainted by their father's guilt. Will it be enough to keep them off the Sovereign Grant forever? We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 389July 25, 2020 2:48 AM

Fortunately, the British aren't as obsessed with youth as Americans are.

by Anonymousreply 390July 25, 2020 2:50 AM

R318 Princess Caroline ended marrying her mom's first choice for her as a husband, Prince Ernst of Hanover, but it has not been a happy marriage for Caroline. He is a pig-nosed, raging alcoholic. He reportedly has a mistress who is a younger version of Caroline.

Prince Ernst has made life a misery for his oldest son who married a woman not to his dad's liking and has been cut out of inheritance, castles, and such.

The daughter that Prince Caroline had w/ Ernst , Princess Alexandra of Hanover, isn't as pretty as Caroline's daughter, Charlotte Casiraghi, because she looks like her dad and has his pig nose. But, Princess Alexandra of Hanover looks to be sweet girl. She is always smiling and really looks like she's happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 25, 2020 5:54 AM

R323

Stefano Casiraghi was not killed in a yacht accident. He was killed in a speed boat race. We all saw it. It was horrific.

by Anonymousreply 392July 25, 2020 5:58 AM

DLers who complained about Bea's dress being too short, with the puff sleeves, and making her look like a milkmaid have made me unable to think of anything else. Why did the dressmaker add that hem that was at least a foot wide?

If the dress needed to be weighted without the original pouf at the bottom, couldn't the hem have had beading that matched the bodice?

And the pouf sleeves could have been tulle bells of some sort, or a 3/4 tulle sleeve w/ beaded edges at the bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 393July 25, 2020 6:07 AM

Princess Caroline and her daughter, Charlotte Casiraghi favor their paternal grandmother, Prince Rainer's mother, rather than Princess Grace.

Princess Caroline's 2 sons have married rich heiresses,. They will do ok.

by Anonymousreply 394July 25, 2020 6:18 AM

Here of the photos of the wedding of the oldest son of Prince Ernst Hanover, who had his wedding boycotted by his dad.

The photos show his younger brother and his fiancee at the time (now married). Prince Erst of Hanover attended that wedding in Peru.

I thought that the Peruvian fiancee of the younger Hanover looked better in the bright pink floral dress at the older brother's wedding than she looked at her own wedding that took place later in Peru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 25, 2020 6:24 AM

Christopher is the better-looking son of Prince Ernst of Hanover. He has a very pretty wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 25, 2020 6:26 AM

R395, Pierre Casiraghi has a nice basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 25, 2020 6:33 AM

But the wife looked so much better in the bright pink floral dress.

About Bea again, I think it's nice that she and Edo remained the center of focus. It was their wedding. It was sweet to see the Queen and Philip smiling at them outside the chapel. We can see the other photos later. Poor Bea has a perv Dad and a nutty mom. She got her day and it was nice.

by Anonymousreply 398July 25, 2020 6:35 AM

But the wife looked so much better in the bright pink floral dress.

About Bea again, I think it's nice that she and Edo remained the center of focus. It was their wedding. It was sweet to see the Queen and Philip smiling at them outside the chapel. We can see the other photos later. Poor Bea has a perv Dad and a nutty mom. She got her day and it was nice.

by Anonymousreply 399July 25, 2020 6:36 AM

Princess Charlene's wedding dress was ill-fitting too. Her nipples are in strange positions.

She has never looked happy in her role. Would it kill her to smile for a few hours during official events?

She tried to runaway from the wedding. They should have let her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400July 25, 2020 6:48 AM

Allesandra de Osma looks twice the WOC that Meghan loudly proclaims herself to be every chance she gets, but you don't hear Allesandra bleating on about it every two minutes, do you?

Meghan is such a phony.

by Anonymousreply 401July 25, 2020 7:56 AM

Why did Caroline marry Prince Ernst? From the article, it's clear that he has had a drinking problem for decades.

by Anonymousreply 402July 25, 2020 8:14 AM

Goddamn Andrew. I wanted to see Sarah all dressed up at Beatrice's wedding, but because of the Andrew situation there couldn't be any photos of him. And if there were a photo of Sarah and Bea, then of course it raises the question of "Where is Andrew?" It's so unfortunate to deny the mother of the bride a photo with her daughter. Sarah looked to good at Eugenie's wedding. Besides, Sarah and Bea planned the wedding in two weeks as soon as the British government gave the approval to have weddings up to 30 people. But Andrew fucked up..

I'm sure there were there were family photos taken on Bea's wedding day of Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie. They just weren't made public. I wonder if they will be released someday in the future.

by Anonymousreply 403July 25, 2020 8:33 AM

R395 that red dress is certainly an attention-getter. Handsome couple.

by Anonymousreply 404July 25, 2020 10:23 AM

So now I’m up with insomnia, google-imaging photos of Alessandra de Osma. She’s terribly chic. But her wedding gown was a miss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 25, 2020 10:35 AM

Here’s the wedding gown. Meh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406July 25, 2020 10:38 AM

She looks like a brunette white woman. Is she supposed to be a "woman of color" because she's from Latin America?

by Anonymousreply 407July 25, 2020 10:45 AM

Caroline stole Ernst August from her best friend Chantal, maybe it’s poetic justice that EA wound up being such a horror. Caroline at least has the money and lawyers to make his miserable, unlike his own sons who are at his mercy.

I didn’t know EA was Grace’s first choice for Caroline. I did read though that Grace looked through the Gotha for European princes, but wasn’t sure if she arrived at any choices.

by Anonymousreply 408July 25, 2020 10:49 AM

Well, r407, AOC has declared that she is not only a WOC but in fact a Black Woman.

And The Atlantic agrees with her.

So that, I suppose, is that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 25, 2020 11:08 AM

Yes, AOC may be of mixed parentage, lots of Latin Americans are either mixed with black or indigenous people, but that doesn't mean that ALL Latin Americans are mixed and therefore "persons of color".

by Anonymousreply 410July 25, 2020 12:33 PM

Looking at all these royal families, it is clear that England's royal family are a bunch ugmos. Not one good looking bloke in the lot. Harry is sexy, but even he is no great looker, more like a younger version of Philip. Thank God they married Kate and Meghan to bring in some attractive genes into that gene pool. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 411July 25, 2020 12:35 PM

Take it up with AOC, r410.

She says she is a WOC and that means she's Black.

I don't know what to say to you.

She said that she is a descendant of slaves, and so there is no difference between her and an African American.

She grew up in one of the richest parts of New York, by the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 25, 2020 1:05 PM

I agreed with you, can't you read?

by Anonymousreply 413July 25, 2020 1:40 PM

Sorry, r410.

You are right.

I guess I'm becoming "ultra sensitized" to what they are telling me I must BE.

Again, it is not you at fault, r140.

It is me.

by Anonymousreply 414July 25, 2020 1:48 PM

Considering MM's original face and hair before massive cosmetic interventions plus her distorted figure, and considering that Archie is one of the ugliest babies ever, I wouldn't be too hopeful on that basis, R411.

by Anonymousreply 415July 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Actuallly, at the time of their marriage, Andrew and Anne did qualify: Anne married in 1977, the Queen's Silver Jubilee and she is the reigning Sovereign's only daughter, and at the time fourth in line as none of her brothers had married yet.

When Andrew married in 1986, he was still the reigning Sovereign's son and 4th in line. Sarah Ferguson became the Fourth Lady of the Land behind the Queen, the Queen Mother, and the Princess of Wales.

Bea and Eugenie and Harry were less qualified for a huge televised wedding than the above. But as you asked about Edward, yes, he is also the reigning Sovereign's son, and although the big London cathedral wasn't in the cards by then, a televised wedding in St. George's Chapel at Windsor was, and believe it or not, got more viewers in the UK than the Sussex wedding did, as well as more requests for street closure licences to hold street parties.

It's guesswork wondering whether, if Harry had wed the never-married Chelsy or Cressida, who were also younger women at the time and either English or Commonwealth citizens, they'd have given Harry his shot at the London cathedral, even though he wasn't even at the level Andrew was when he married.

But Anne and Andrew both qualified at the time. Anne the Queen's only daughter, Jubilee Year, 4th in line, and Andrew the Queen's son and 4th in line at the time.

Margaret also qualified - she was the Queen's sister and still 4th in line (Andrew was born a few months before the wedding). She had also given up Townsend.

by Anonymousreply 416July 25, 2020 6:35 PM

Part of the reason the public, by and large, were receptive to a big wedding was because he was Diana's son. Also partially the reason why there were masses of people out for William's wedding. The public do still think of them as the little boys who lost their world-famous mother.

by Anonymousreply 417July 25, 2020 6:42 PM

Yes, R403, Fergie looked absolutely stunning at Eugenie’s wedding, what with the gurning and the too tight dress with the huge sweat stains on display. And drunk. She’s all class, old Fergie!

by Anonymousreply 418July 25, 2020 7:19 PM

Was Fergie really drunk, or just overexcited?

by Anonymousreply 419July 25, 2020 7:42 PM

R419– given that’s Fergie’s really drunk 24*7*365, it must be the latter

by Anonymousreply 420July 25, 2020 8:54 PM

R106, Clearly you are not a woman. First of all, there are many ways to upstage a bride; wearing white is but one. Secondly, Meghan has been a schemer from Day One, regarding the BRF and Hapless Harry (is she still interested in Africa, I wonder).

Third, there is her outfit on Eugenie's wedding day. If observers thought it communicated a pregnancy, surely Meghan was not oblivious to its message?

by Anonymousreply 421July 25, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote] Actuallly, at the time of their marriage, Andrew and Anne did qualify: Anne married in 1977, the Queen's Silver Jubilee and she is the reigning Sovereign's only daughter, and at the time fourth in line as none of her brothers had married yet.

Anne married in 1973, not in 1977.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 25, 2020 9:04 PM

Edward didn't get a big televised wedding in one of the two big London churches because it was not that long after Diana's death, and the royals were trying to keep a lower profile for a while because the queen had been so heavily criticized for not mourning Diana's death for a week, and Charles was enormously unpopular (people still blamed him for his marriage ending).

by Anonymousreply 423July 25, 2020 9:10 PM

R422 - Right! 1977 was the Silver Jubilee but not the wedding . . .

by Anonymousreply 424July 25, 2020 10:14 PM

R381 - both Anne's and Edward's nuptials were televised.

by Anonymousreply 425July 25, 2020 10:15 PM

Harry should have convinced Chelsy to marry him in 2010. If he had, as third in line marrying a previously unmarried British girl, he would have had the big wedding at Westminster, no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 426July 25, 2020 10:22 PM

R423 HM won most people over right after her Diana speech and public opinion was right on her side by 1999. Edward did not need a big wedding and Sophie had already made some controversy, hence the quiet wedding.

by Anonymousreply 427July 25, 2020 10:49 PM

R423 Also let’s face it, no one was particularly interested in Edward and Sophie

by Anonymousreply 428July 25, 2020 11:11 PM

R428 - more interested than in the Harkles - the Wessex wedding got higher ratings and more viewers in the UK than the Sussexes did.

by Anonymousreply 429July 26, 2020 12:15 AM

I was more interested in Edward’s wedding because of the dress code, he chose to marry later in the day so it meant longer dresses and no hats. Well, that was the plan, the Queen Mother wore a hat and the Queen wore a fascinator. I guess you can’t tell them how to dress. But the jewels were a little more blingy, although nothing as sensational as a Scandinavian royal wedding which are usually white tie and tiara. Sophie looked pretty and her coat dress was a nice change of pace, although her tiara was a cobbled together mess.

by Anonymousreply 430July 26, 2020 1:59 AM

R430 That tiara is one of the ugliest on record, made of broken bits of jewelry. It looked like diamond cat ears. They recently refurbished it and it still looks terrible, like a cheap little girl’s birthday crown you get at Party City. Poor Sophie’s wedding pearl jewelry was also hideous...Edward designed it himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431July 26, 2020 3:28 AM

Sophie is, and has been for a long while, HM's favorite daughter/granddaughter in law. With good reason. Sophie quickly learned her place after the initial publicity disaster The two have a good deal of interests in common and Sophie not only works but works hard. Her Majesty appreciates not only Sophie as a person but the great job she has done as a beard.

by Anonymousreply 432July 26, 2020 6:00 AM

R426 - I agree. Had Chelsy and Harry married, first they would have been even younger, it would have been a PR opportunity the BRF couldn't pass up. Late 20s royal couple, a ginge and a blonde, the link to the Commonwealth as she is South African - it would have been the Abbey for sure. Harry was still very popular. And unlikely the family would have been devastated as it is now. Even if the couple had marital problems, the problems would have been theirs, not the institution's as a whole.

Sophie may have been the Queen's favourite daughter-in-law, but at this point, I think her appreciation for Kate has surpassed everyone else, as it is Kate who has had to endure with dignity and class the endless smears, especially in the Scobie book, being spewed out at her by her vicious, jealous, destructive, embittered sister- and brother-in-law.

Kate has endured a great deal at the hands of the Sussexes in the last year. She's showed the public grace that the petulant Sussexes haven't, and I don't doubt the Queen admires and appreciates Kate for same.

After seeing the front pages of today's DM, and hearing the cowardly Sussexes insist the had "nothing" to do with the book, I would say the last bridge has been effectively burnt, and there is not a single, solitary chance Meghan and the Cambridges will ever be in the same space again unless it's the Queen's or Philip's funeral. And I'm not even sure about that.

This book has done what the Morton did for Diana - ensured a permanent breach. I wonder what the Queen and Charles envision for that "year-end review".

By the way, Omid Scobie it turns out has lied about his age. He and Meghan were born a month apart in the same year. He's 39, not 33.

Wonder what else he lied about?

by Anonymousreply 433July 26, 2020 12:36 PM

The Scobie book has also ensured that Meghan, as a certainty, and probably Harry if he clings to her for the rest of his life, will never again be accepted back into the Windsor family unit either as private or working members.

Meghan's destructive impact on the monarchy will in the end by glancing at best - they will outlast her, just as they outlasted Wallis and Edward, and Diana. But her destructive impact on the family as a family has been horrifying, permanent, and deadly.

William was right about her.

by Anonymousreply 434July 26, 2020 12:40 PM

As was Philip. He was widely reported as telling Harry "You go out with actresses. You don't marry them."

by Anonymousreply 435July 26, 2020 1:13 PM

R431 - I disagree, I think the tiara looks better, less like bits and more, er, coherently put together.

I don't think she ever wore that horrible pearl jewellery again.

And that said, clearly HM is lending her nice stuff: the necklace and earrings she has on in that photo aren't anything to sneeze at.

by Anonymousreply 436July 26, 2020 1:42 PM

Sophie has been honored by HM with the Royal Victorian order, the Queen’s personal family order, AND the Order of St. John or Jerusalem. Plus she’s been loaned an aquamarine tiara previously worn by HM, and the clunky cobbled together wedding tiara (now refurbished) was previously owned by Queen Victoria so she’s clearly in favor.

by Anonymousreply 437July 26, 2020 3:21 PM

R433's dementia is so sad, so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 438July 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Tina Brown pointed out in her Diana biography that the problem with putting your grievances into a published book is that by the time the book comes out, you may have moved on psychologically, but it's too late to change anything. In Diana's case, she bitterly regretted the Morton book because it caused a final, permanent breach with the palace which led directly to the Queen ordering her and Charles to divorce. The loss of the HRH was part of that breach. Diana cut off every single friend who had talked to Morton, even though they'd done so with her permission.

Six months ago, Harry and Meghan may have thought that they were getting their side of the story out there and settling a few scores. Whether they still feel the same way about what they said is beside the point--it's out there now and there's no taking it back. I think that year-end review is going to reflect the damage they've done, and they've nobody to blame but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 439July 26, 2020 3:23 PM

Tell-all books of this kind are almost always a mistake. You get a bit of satisfaction by airing your grievances, but the life-long damage it does isn’t worth it.

by Anonymousreply 440July 26, 2020 3:34 PM

Agreed r439 and r440.

by Anonymousreply 441July 26, 2020 4:10 PM

The "year end review" date - is that the end of the calendar year?

Or a year from Megxit?

Or ?

by Anonymousreply 442July 26, 2020 6:40 PM

Isn't it the end of next March, one year from when they formally left?

by Anonymousreply 443July 26, 2020 6:53 PM

R439 the 1992 book helped cause the separation but it was her 1995 Panorama interview that got the Divorce going.

by Anonymousreply 444July 26, 2020 7:01 PM

If Harry or Meg disagree with the book won't they sue?

by Anonymousreply 445July 26, 2020 7:01 PM

R338 - Why good evening, KGT!

See, I remembered your name?

by Anonymousreply 446July 26, 2020 7:25 PM

^*that should have been directed at R438.

See, I even corrected a typo!

How are things, dear?

Still telling the men in white coats they'll all be sorry one day when Meghan is crowned Queen? And not even Queen Consort (Harry, you in danger gurl!)

by Anonymousreply 447July 26, 2020 7:26 PM

R442 - Allegedly, 12 months from when they ceased to be working royals, i.e., 1 April 2021.

by Anonymousreply 448July 26, 2020 7:27 PM

Riddle me this: if Edward were truly gay, would he have designed such hideous jewellery for his bride?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449July 26, 2020 7:38 PM

Now that it's been redesigned, Sophie's wedding tiara looks ok. Not great, but ok.

It used to look just horrible in its original state.

What did Edward try to achieve with this monstrosity of a tiara? Chase Sophie away, i. e. make sure she'll do a runner ahead of the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 450July 26, 2020 7:56 PM

the LP will reflect Harry and Meghan’s desire for privacy, they’ll become Harry and Mountbatten Windsor.

Harry will regret it for the rest of his life, like his great great uncle the Duke of Windsor

by Anonymousreply 451July 26, 2020 8:08 PM

Sophie’s tiara was originally designed to be worn with Maltese Crosses as well as the trefoils, the Tiara Troll csn correct next but I believe the Maltese Crosses left the main branch of the family and went to Norway where they are currently with by Queen Sonja

by Anonymousreply 452July 26, 2020 8:10 PM

People who want privacy don't publish tell-all books about themselves. The fig-leaf that it was an unauthorized yet sympathetic look into their lives is total bullshit. It fools nobody, least of all the Palace.

by Anonymousreply 453July 26, 2020 9:05 PM

Everybody involved in this fiasco that is the BRF, Cambridges, Wales, Sussexes and the people who work for QEII are lying to cover their own butts.

I have never read so much PR spin by so many people in my life.

by Anonymousreply 454July 27, 2020 4:59 PM

The initial volleys came from the Sussex camp, though. Harry and Meghan know that without the ongoing feud with the Palace and with the press, they are not newsworthy. Not when their exciting new Hollywood career has died on the vine. No doubt they are hoping to keep their profiles high enough that they can revive their chances of becoming Hollywood players, but this is not the way to go about it. All this is doing is showing the real players that they are indiscreet and ungrateful.

by Anonymousreply 455July 27, 2020 6:14 PM

Of course it doesn't fool anyone - least of all the Palace.

But it does give the Palace all the ammo it needs to strip the Harkles of the rest of their royal pretensions, and exclude them from everything except the funerals of Philip, the Queen, and Charles.

They're done. All that "open door" stuff is over. So is that "much loved members of my family" stuff.

They're done in the BRF and they're done in the UK where the Cambridges, ahead of the Queen, are riding high in public opinion.

And for the monarchy and the Cambridges, only the UK counts.

by Anonymousreply 456July 27, 2020 7:10 PM

I would think the other realms and territories oh which HM is also queen counts, like Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc ?

by Anonymousreply 457July 27, 2020 9:48 PM

A new photo of Bea and Edo's wedding. Can you spot little Wolfie in the back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 28, 2020 1:36 PM

I still hate the puffed sleeves, but she does look radiant.

It's clear that the alterations were done so that they could be quickly undone without hurting the original garment. The sleeves and hem are probably already gone and the original, unaltered gown is back in its acid-free tissue paper.

by Anonymousreply 459July 28, 2020 3:26 PM

She really does look like Patience, the village milkmaid, in the Gilbert and Sullivan opera of the same name.

by Anonymousreply 460July 28, 2020 3:54 PM

Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 461July 28, 2020 4:25 PM

But the milkmaid look suits her peaches and cream complexion and was perfect for a small wedding.

She’s never shown that she has good taste (the toilet lid hat was striking but the wrong style for her and the pink mauve color and matching suit was *definitely* the wrong color.). I wonder what her original gown was and if we’ll ever see it. She’d look good in an Elizabethan style with a lot of pearls.

by Anonymousreply 462July 28, 2020 4:32 PM

I remember thinking at the time that the toilet hat and raccoon eyes were a mean-girl stunt.

by Anonymousreply 463July 28, 2020 4:35 PM

^^^ it was, as was Eugenie’s crazy bird nest floral hat. They were spiting Catherine and William for not inviting their mother. Catherine was overshadowed by her own sisters flat ass and the two Yorkies outrageous hats, as well as the waxy looking Beckhams.

by Anonymousreply 464July 28, 2020 4:45 PM

She got the ring, though, and at that point it's all she cared about.

by Anonymousreply 465July 28, 2020 4:58 PM

If they were spite hats, it was a stupid gesture, as Fergie had nobody to blame but herself for not being invited, as she'd recently been involved in the influence scandal.

by Anonymousreply 466July 28, 2020 4:59 PM

So what's the consensus on meghan and Harry here. I despise them and I'm a fan of william and kate. Is this the wrong place for me or right?

by Anonymousreply 467July 28, 2020 5:54 PM

R467 I have a feeling that Celebitchy is more your speed.

by Anonymousreply 468July 28, 2020 5:59 PM

Ummm no I well aware of kaiser and them. Hate celebitchy!

by Anonymousreply 469July 28, 2020 6:03 PM

When I said she looked like Patience, I didn't mean it in a demeaning or negative way. Patience is the female lead and is supposed to be attractive. It was a nice look for what was intended to be a low key, private summer wedding. As everyone has pointed out, she did look radiant.

by Anonymousreply 470July 28, 2020 6:07 PM

There's not a lot of Sussex love here, R467. Lots of tiara fans, though.

by Anonymousreply 471July 28, 2020 6:15 PM

This thread IS NOT ABOUT the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 472July 28, 2020 6:18 PM

I like to think Liz was touched that her granddaughter asked to wear one of her old dresses when she could easily have afforded an extravagant new one.

by Anonymousreply 473July 28, 2020 6:27 PM

R473 - She bought a custom designed bespoke extravagant new one that she choose not to wear at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 474July 28, 2020 7:57 PM

I would love to married in a classic Normal Hartnell dress. Not to mention one of the most famous of all royal tiaras, Queen Mary's Fringe!

by Anonymousreply 475July 28, 2020 8:07 PM

Er, Norman Hartnell, not Normal.

by Anonymousreply 476July 28, 2020 8:08 PM

Er, Norman Hartnell, not Normal.

by Anonymousreply 477July 28, 2020 8:08 PM

Aw, Bea looks charming, sweet, and so happy! There's something very endearing about the made-over dress and after all, it's the veil and tiara that create the whole fairy-tale bride feeling, that's all you need. The arch of flowers is gorgeous.

Harks back to the war years, in a strange way. A bit of glamour with a nod to the necessities of the day.

I'm sure the Queen was a good deal happier at this wedding than the last one . . . she sure looks it.

by Anonymousreply 478July 28, 2020 8:40 PM

I used to think that York sisters were being mean girls at William's wedding with those awful outfits but over the years I've come to believe it was just their innate bad taste. But they have both seemed to have worked with good stylists since then and it's been awhile since either has been so egregious. I've come to like them and think they both had lovely weddings. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 479July 28, 2020 11:33 PM

I think perhaps Granny had a word with the York girls after those pieces of ridiculous headgear at William's wedding.

Partciularly because they were seated directly behind the Queen and multiple pictures of HM from that day shows those stupid pieces directly over her head.

by Anonymousreply 480July 28, 2020 11:37 PM

How does looking like a pair of clowns amount to mean-girling the beautiful bride?

by Anonymousreply 481July 28, 2020 11:49 PM

If you take away the OTT headgear, Bea was dressed beautifully at William and Kate’s wedding.

Admittedly it’s not easy to get past the headgear...

by Anonymousreply 482July 28, 2020 11:53 PM

Hat aside, the Silly Putty color wasn’t flattering. The eye makeup was ridiculous and well, can’t blame her for the shoes everyone was wearing that platform that season. At least Eug wore some color.

by Anonymousreply 483July 29, 2020 12:05 AM

ooos, I stand corrected. Bea wore sling backs to the wedding, it was Eug who wore the platforms.

by Anonymousreply 484July 29, 2020 12:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485July 29, 2020 12:47 AM

I think the vicious feedback the two sisters received from their appearance at Will and Kate's wedding is what sent them each to decent stylists. As much as i like her, what would you otherwise expect from Fergie's daughters?

by Anonymousreply 486July 29, 2020 1:10 AM

Honestly, Eug should do an Instagram live about what the FUCK she was thinking. That bodice hurts my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 487July 29, 2020 1:18 AM

Redheads should not wear dusty pink. Eugenie’s outfit was a flattering color but a horrible, unflattering style.

I never gave a thought that their clothes were some kind of payback. It would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. At any rate, it was Pippa’s backside that stole the show.

by Anonymousreply 488July 29, 2020 2:02 AM

I'm the only one who loved and still love Bea's look at W+K's wedding. I think she looks great, it's all of one piece, the dress/coat/shoes are understated letting the headgear be the statement. Which is admittedly absurd, but an absurd that I love. (Yuge looked ghastly.)

by Anonymousreply 489July 29, 2020 5:47 AM

If you look at Bea's outfit, it is clear that Philip Treacy, éminance grise hatmaker to royalty and the stars, made it to order to go with the dress. He is known for his original, beautiful, amazing hats, but sometimes they are way over the top. Bea just didn't have enough confidence or experience to rein him in, or perhaps it was too late to make another one.

Eug's get-up is just an unexplainable horror.

by Anonymousreply 490July 29, 2020 6:13 AM

Eug had a very nice Jackie O look at the Markle wedding. She learned her lesson.

by Anonymousreply 491July 29, 2020 7:24 AM

It’s not like they hadn’t worn bizarre outfits before W&K’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 492July 29, 2020 7:57 AM

After William and Kate’s wedding, Bea rewore the outfit sans hat at an Italian wedding and looked way better. It really was a lovely outfit from the neck down and IIRC, Valentino. Eug’s was a Vivienne Westwood and just hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 493July 29, 2020 9:35 AM

R492 - I agree - the coatdress and shoes were lovely, simple, tailored, and Bea was quite slim at the time. It was the hat that ruined it all. Eugenie looked ridiculous, like Peter Pan on steroids. They would have been expected to dress up at a semi-state wedding of their future king and no one, really, could possibly have eclipsed Kate that day, anyway. The affair was too big and Kate's dress grand enough to withstand any attempted overshadowing.

They've both just got Bad Dress Genes from their Mum, a matter of record long before the Cambridge wedding.

Also agree with R493 here, Eugenie actually looked worse. And her hat, also, finished off her outfit and gave it the Peter Pan on Steroids look. A different hat, perhaps a pancake look with a small veil, might have toned down the Cocktails at the Dorchester look.

by Anonymousreply 494July 29, 2020 12:20 PM

R488 - Disagree on redheads and dusty pink, but as it happens, this registered as peach, which looks, well, peachy on redheads.

by Anonymousreply 495July 29, 2020 12:21 PM

Bea and Yuge never learned the first prime directive on dress: never let the clothes wear you rather than the other way round.

Their clothes, with rare exceptions, are always wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 496July 29, 2020 12:32 PM

Looked it up and now instead of dusty pink, it’s registering as pinky-beige and not as awful a color as I remember. She just couldn’t carry off that hat.

Eugenie looked like an unmade bed. That print, the bows, the hat. It pulled, it bunched, what a mess.

by Anonymousreply 497July 29, 2020 12:36 PM

This will forever be their best look, especially the makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498July 29, 2020 12:39 PM

I think that makeup is too harsh on them, and the shoes are awful.

by Anonymousreply 499July 29, 2020 3:34 PM

Fun fact: I read that their dogs aren't house broken and one of the pissed all over the couture gown one of the girls was wearing. They thought it was funny. The stylist was mortified that the dog had just destroyed a $50K+ garment. Too bad they weren't around the Harkles' engagement photo shoot to piss on that fern frond appliqued horror Meghan wore.

by Anonymousreply 500July 29, 2020 3:55 PM

I thought Eug looked lovely at the Markle wedding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501July 29, 2020 5:17 PM

Which one is which. There is the ugly one with the thyroid condition and the passable one who could stand to lose 15#.

by Anonymousreply 502July 29, 2020 5:47 PM

R592 - The brunette who is marginally prettier is the younger sister, Eugenie. She inherited more regular features, and her father's and great-grandmother's pretty Celtic colouring: dark hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. Both sisters have very lovely complexions, something that doesn't come over much in photos. She's shorter and dumpier than Bea, though, and doesn't seem to care.

The red-haired sister with the pop-eyes and gummy overbite is Beatrice, the one who just got married. She has pretty hair and lovely skin, as well, and when slim, can carry off decent clothes.

But neither sister has an iota of style or dress sense of awareness of what works with their body types. They have both been seen in ensembles so ugly they could frighten toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 503July 30, 2020 1:33 PM

Any evidence either Sister is intelligent? Neither parent ever showed academic prowess..

by Anonymousreply 504July 30, 2020 5:06 PM

R504 - I think Eugenie earned a fairly decent degree from Newcastle University.

by Anonymousreply 505July 30, 2020 5:11 PM

Newcastle?

by Anonymousreply 506July 30, 2020 5:23 PM

R506 - Newcastle University (formally the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a public research university in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England. The university can trace its origins to a School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine), established in 1834, and to the College of Physical Science (later renamed Armstrong College), founded in 1871. These two colleges came to form one division of the federal University of Durham, with the Durham Colleges forming the other. The Newcastle colleges merged to form King's College in 1937. In 1963, following an Act of Parliament, King's College became the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Newcastle University is a red brick university and is a member of the Russell Group,[5] an association of research-intensive UK universities. The university has one of the largest EU research portfolios in the UK. The annual income of the institution for 2017–18 was £495.7 million of which £109.4 million was from research grants and contracts, with an expenditure of £483.3 million.

by Anonymousreply 507July 30, 2020 5:52 PM

R506 - Newcastle is a perfectly decent school. It's not Oxbridge or St. Andrews, for sure, but it's not bad.

by Anonymousreply 508July 30, 2020 5:57 PM

I always thought that Oxbridge and St. Andrews are over-hyped and overrated much like Harvard, Princeton & Yale for the cost.

I would much rather go to the LSE and become a proper Progressive Leftie.

by Anonymousreply 509July 30, 2020 6:41 PM

R504 - Beatrice went to Goldsmiths, University of London.

by Anonymousreply 510July 30, 2020 6:43 PM

DL, please settle a debate for me:

My parents have just watched the first episode of The Crown, and we got on to discussing the topic of the abdication. They say that if Edward VIII had had (legitimate) children BEFORE abdicating, those children would have lost their place in the line of succession when he abdicated, and George VI would still have become king. I disagree. My reasoning is that if Charles became king and then abdicated, the crown would still go to William instead of Andrew. I know this is one of the most pointless topics of conversation imaginable, given that Edward never had children at all, but could someone settle this for me?

by Anonymousreply 511July 30, 2020 10:06 PM

R511 - Not. Legitimate children of a Sovereign who abdicates retain their places in the line of succession, just as if said Sovereign had died. Prince Albert probably would have been named Regent if the next heir was not of age.

King Juan Carlos of Spain abdicated and so did Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands, and so did Beatrix's mother, Queen Juliana, when her daughter got impatient waiting for the crown. Their heirs all retained their rights.

The thing is, the Succession can ONLY be changed by Parliament. Titles and HRHs can be rescinded if they were gifted by the Sovereign, but the Succession can only be changed if Parliament assents.

No one would have punished Edward's heirs because (presumably as a widower) he abdicated to marry someone unfit to be Queen - especially as those legitimate heirs would probably have had someone appropriate to be Queen as their mother.

by Anonymousreply 512July 30, 2020 10:15 PM

Thank you, R512!

by Anonymousreply 513July 30, 2020 10:34 PM

Beatrice and Edo's wedding was voted by readers of Hello! magazine the second-best royal wedding of the decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514August 4, 2020 12:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!