Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dismembered body found in luxury Manhattan condo

A man’s decapitated, dismembered body was found in an apartment in a luxury condominium building on Manhattan’s Lower East Side on Tuesday afternoon, according to three law enforcement officials who were briefed on the matter.

When detectives began investigating, they found the man’s torso and an electric saw nearby, two of the officials said. The man’s head and limbs were later found in the apartment, a Police Department spokesman said.

There were several plastic bags nearby, and it appeared that some effort had been made to clean up the evidence of what had happened, one of the officials said.

It was not immediately clear whether the dead man, who the police spokesman said was 33, was the condo’s owner, but investigators were operating on the theory that he was, the law enforcement officials said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 20, 2020 9:17 PM

A sister of the condo owner made the gruesome discovery at around 3:30 p.m. when she went to check on him after not hearing from him for a day, the officials said.

The saw was still plugged into an electrical outlet when the police arrived. Detectives were investigating whether the dismembering of the victim might have been interrupted by the arrival of the condo owner’s sister at the front door, prompting the killer to flee through another exit, one of the law enforcement officials said.

The death was not immediately labeled a homicide, and the police spokesman said that the medical examiner’s office would determine the cause of death.

One of the law enforcement officials said a surveillance camera had captured video of the victim on the elevator with another person who was wearing a black suit and a black mask.

On the video, the elevator door opens and victim goes into the apartment, the official said. The masked person follows the victim, going in right behind him, and the two immediately start to struggle, the official said.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2020 4:07 AM

The sister is seen on the video arriving a short time later, at about 3:30 p.m. There is a second way out of the apartment through a service entrance, the official said.

Crime Scene Unit investigators have begun a painstaking examination of the bags, but they expect to find the victim’s limbs and head inside them, the official said.

The building where the body was found, at 265 East Houston Street near Suffolk Street, is a 10-story, glass-and-brick structure that is among the expensive apartment towers that have risen in recent years in an area once defined by tenements.

The first condos in the building to go on the market in 2015 were two-bedroom, two-bathroom units with Italian marble kitchens and master baths, white oak floors and asking prices in the $2.5 million range, according to the website Curbed. Access to the apartments, Curbed noted, was via a private, keyed elevator.

Several of the building’s units were sold last year for prices ranging from about $2 million to about $2.4 million, according the website StreetEasy.

By 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, detectives and officers, including some with the Emergency Service Unit’s canine team, had cordoned off the corner at East Houston and Suffolk Streets.

As some officers stood in front of the building, an officer led a German shepherd back and forth near the building while the dog sniffed at garbage bags and a side entrance.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2020 4:08 AM

Reporters and cameramen stood on Houston Street and across from the building on Suffolk, while patrons sat in the outdoor dining area of a Suffolk Street bar called Subject sipping drinks as more officers arrived.

Leslie Feinberg, who owns the bar with Brian Grummert, said that as “a nosy neighbor,” she had walked over to take a look when police cars, ambulances and fire trucks converged on the apartment building several hours earlier.

“I saw a young woman in hysterics” in the lobby, Ms. Feinberg said.

“From my understanding, she found the victim,” Ms. Feinberg said, adding that men whom she took to be detectives had led the young woman from the scene.

Ms. Feinberg said she had come to know many of the building’s residents during the three years she has operated the bar. She described them as mostly well-off professionals in their 30s and 40s.

Word spread quickly that something bad had happened in the apartment building, she said.

“This neighborhood is very tight-knit,” she said. “It seemed within moments everybody knew what was happening.”

Her own reaction, Ms. Feinberg said, was “total shock.”

“You kind of forget New York City is New York City sometimes,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2020 4:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]The death was not immediately labeled a homicide, and the police spokesman said that the medical examiner’s office would determine the cause of death.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2020 4:09 AM

IS this a new twist to Elektra's caper on Pose?

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2020 4:10 AM

He might have tripped and fallen onto the saw, R5.

It happens.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2020 4:13 AM

Thats like the guy they found stuffed in a suitcase on the sidewalk, and they labeled it a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2020 4:14 AM

So, the elevator opens right into the apartments? Builders who do this are so stupid. This lawsuit is going to be HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2020 4:15 AM

His poor sister. It would be bad enough to find your brother dead but to find him in pieces ... ugh.

It doesn’t sound like a trick gone wrong if the assailant attacked him right away. Wonder what the motive was?

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2020 4:19 AM

So there just happened to be a chainsaw waiting in his apartment? There is more to this story.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2020 4:19 AM

R9 caveat emptor.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2020 4:20 AM

Can I have his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2020 4:21 AM

If you ask his sister kindly

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2020 4:24 AM

"I Fall to Pieces" was on his iPod.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2020 4:24 AM

His sister must have loved him to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2020 4:25 AM

[quote] So, the elevator opens right into the apartments? Builders who do this are so stupid. This lawsuit is going to be HUGE.

They lock.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2020 4:25 AM

[quote]It doesn’t sound like a trick gone wrong if the assailant attacked him right away. Wonder what the motive was?

Probably drugs or other illegal activity he was involved in. Sounds like a hit was put out on him

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2020 4:26 AM

Listen to this while you read the story. Makes it even more ghoulish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2020 4:27 AM

R7, so he accidentally fell onto the saw, thereby cutting off his head and both arms, which then flew into a separate room?

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2020 4:28 AM

What was on his iPod?

"I Saw Her Again Last Night"

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2020 4:29 AM

R20–It happens!

Maybe the maid moved the pieces.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2020 4:30 AM

The sister's immediate response when surveying the scene was, "Oh pull yourself together!"

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2020 4:30 AM

At least I wore a mask! #WearAMask #FlattenTheCurve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2020 4:31 AM

Piece of My Heart on his iPod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2020 4:31 AM

I can't remember exactly which one sitcom it is, but there is an episode in Dead Like Me or Shameless just like this. A hot muscled (but dumb) boyfriend gets chopped up by the super-rich crime kingpin father of the girlfriend.

The father hires a fixer to murder the boyfriend, chop him up in their luxury apartment, and then throws the pieces off his yacht later in front of the daughter I believe.

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2020 4:32 AM

Anyone heard from Michael Alig lately?

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2020 4:33 AM

Dead Like Me, r26. I think the reaper group then took over the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2020 4:34 AM

Luka Magnotta is still in jail, right?

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2020 4:35 AM

Also, this doesn't happen to regular people. This guy was most likely tied to some dark ass criminal shit and they made an example of him for one reason or another.

A killer like this is professional and I would be surprised if he's caught.

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2020 4:37 AM

[quote] Also, this doesn't happen to regular people.

Famous last words in any tragedy

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2020 4:38 AM

Better send SVU in!

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2020 4:39 AM

On the local news they said surveillance video shows the killer returning to the building with a package which they think might have been the saw.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2020 4:40 AM

Good LORD, that's creepy, OP.

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2020 4:40 AM

Link from the other thread, he was cute. And before you bitches ask, yes, that does make it more tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2020 4:45 AM

OMG thanks R28! The memory feels so old but reviewing the episode summary for Dead Like Me, I still can't find it! Now I need to go watch the whole thing.

Too bad it didn't go on longer, I remember liking it.

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2020 4:47 AM

[quote]Police also brought a dog, a mid-sized Pomsky, out of the building, he said.

OK, I'll bite. What's a Pomsky? Pomeranian/Skye terrier?

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2020 4:49 AM

Ehhh, cute is clearly subjective R35. He's at most a 5 and I'm at most indifferent now to this story.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2020 4:50 AM

From the NY Post: "Police sources believe the victim to be Fahim Saleh, a venture capitalist and the CEO of the Nigeria-based motorbike startup Gokada."

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2020 4:50 AM

What a shithole city

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2020 4:51 AM

Clearly a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2020 4:52 AM

Damn, that's fucked up. He was a cute guy and everyone seemed to speak highly of him. But this sounds like it was a professional hit for sure.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2020 4:53 AM

A professional hit is a single shot to the back of the head. Sawing someone up is a statement killing.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2020 4:59 AM

He may have been interrupted during the disposal phase of the killing, r43.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2020 5:01 AM

I hope the killer saved the Home Depot receipt for the saw so it can be returned. Never worked and could not finish the job.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2020 5:03 AM

This is a real jigsaw puzzle.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2020 5:03 AM

R44 That's going to be a thought that will surely haunt his sister - that she may well have been in the apartment with the killer

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2020 5:03 AM

I don't think it was a professional hit because the surveillance cameras caught the guy coming back into the building with a package...probably the saw. A pro would have brought all the tools in one trip.

by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2020 5:09 AM

Here’s his Instagram.

My guess is, based on his February post, that the company was in trouble and with COVID his funds dried up. He was deep into gambling or something drug-related and he could not keep up the vig so the “mafia” sent a pro to make him disappear.

Definitely money related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2020 5:10 AM

[quote] And before you bitches ask, yes, that does make it more tragic.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2020 5:14 AM

If this is the person, he has a middle eastern name. This sounds like the work of a well known middle eastern country that did similar things to another countryman.

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2020 5:16 AM

HEADLESS BODY FOUND IN TOPLESS CONDO

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2020 5:17 AM

I want no part of it.

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2020 5:18 AM

I had just finished watching a gory horror series and this was honestly the first story I see on the daily mail.

by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2020 5:18 AM

[quote] This sounds like the work of a well known middle eastern country that did similar things to another countryman.

Is it bigger than a breadbox, Little Miss Coy? Is it smaller than the Empire State Building?

by Anonymousreply 55July 15, 2020 5:19 AM

R51 he’s from Bangladesh or at least his family is.

He created many apps including prank call apps but also a ghost number app. Could this all be trafficking related?

“GhostCall keeps your personal number private and gives you the ability to have as many vanity phone numbers as you want. That means you can have a number for that craigslist post, one for calling that person thats ignoring your calls, and even for all your social networking profiles. But GhostCall doesn't stop there, you can do even more by changing the background noise and adding sound effects to make an excuse to that pesky person that you're busy or for just pretending to be wherever you want to be. Change your voice tone to protect your identity for privacy sensitive calls.“

And to whoever said a pro would have brought the saw, sometimes even pros are probably sloppy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 15, 2020 5:20 AM

Founded last year by Deji Oduntan, Gokada launched with the aim of "solving the transportation and logistics challenges facing millions of Nigerians in metropolitan Lagos".

"The startup uses 200 cc motorbikes that are allowed to move on major roads in Lagos. Unlike the conventional 100 cc motorbikes driven by the regular ‘Okada’ drivers that are banned from moving on major roads in Lagos State"

Early this year, Gokada raised $337,333 in funding, per their SEC filing. Though there are no details about the investors, New York-based Adventure Capital participated in the round. It is easy to connect the dots here given that Gokada is among the VC firm's portfolio companies. Additionally, Fahim Saleh - Adventure Capital's co-founder - is the person whose names appear on the SEC form D.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 15, 2020 5:20 AM

And here's the SEC Form D.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 15, 2020 5:22 AM

"It doesn’t sound like a trick gone wrong"

Per usual...

by Anonymousreply 59July 15, 2020 5:22 AM

[quote] What's a Pomsky? Pomeranian/Skye terrier?

Pomeranian/Siberian husky

by Anonymousreply 60July 15, 2020 5:22 AM

[quote] I hope the killer saved the Home Depot receipt for the saw so it can be returned.

Home Depot? This sounds like a case for Kay Scarpetta!

by Anonymousreply 61July 15, 2020 5:25 AM

I think his neighbors are brave as fuck giving their full names to the media. I'd be like "My name is Mack and I ain't saw jack."

by Anonymousreply 62July 15, 2020 5:25 AM

R37, it’s a cross between a Pomeranian and a husky.

[quote]One of a number of designer dogs, pomskies are a very recent breed that's gaining in popularity thanks primarily to their photogenic appearance and prevalence on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 15, 2020 5:25 AM

Ugh, he had a designer dog.

by Anonymousreply 64July 15, 2020 5:27 AM

Mmm he a little beef with Nigerian immigration officials.

Dont mess with them Nigerians hunny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2020 5:29 AM

Million dollar condos on the UES and this is the security you get? Where's the concierge in all this?

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2020 5:30 AM

Can someone explain an elevator that opens right into your apartment, yet someone else was on it?

R17, what locks?

by Anonymousreply 67July 15, 2020 5:31 AM

Apparently from Instagram he and his sister were very close. That poor girl,I cant imagine her pain.

by Anonymousreply 68July 15, 2020 5:31 AM

Is it too soon to make a low ball offer on the condo seeing that there will be a lot of cleaning and painting to do? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 69July 15, 2020 5:32 AM

The ride share app Gokada was valued at $100 million.

by Anonymousreply 70July 15, 2020 5:32 AM

Gay voice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 15, 2020 5:32 AM

She must have fallen apart when she found him, R68.

by Anonymousreply 72July 15, 2020 5:33 AM

This looks like the interior of the apartment. Before the murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 15, 2020 5:34 AM

Anyone seen MBS and Kushner?

by Anonymousreply 74July 15, 2020 5:39 AM

Nigeria banned motorbikes in February 2020, no doubt causing a huge decrease in income for him. I’m thinking he was flying high and spending big but the money ran out. Definitely seems like a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 15, 2020 5:41 AM

R73 No, that’s some apartment building of his friend’s. His apartment was LES.

by Anonymousreply 76July 15, 2020 5:44 AM

R75 he addresses company issues here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 15, 2020 5:45 AM

Are we sure James Rackover is still in prison?

by Anonymousreply 78July 15, 2020 5:49 AM

R5...let’s not forget he could have died while also having Coronavirus. That way it can be labeled Coronavirus death..for the corona stats

by Anonymousreply 79July 15, 2020 5:54 AM

Condo drama. This sort of thing doesn't happen in Co-ops.

by Anonymousreply 80July 15, 2020 5:55 AM

The apartments are accessed by way of a private keyed elevator and come with Italian Carrera marble kitchens and master bathrooms, white oak floors, and Watermark Designs hardware in the kitchens and bathrooms. The apartment’s come with a 421-a tax abatement. A first look inside the building, below.

$2.5 million and no doorman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 15, 2020 5:56 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about the white oak R81 with white carrera marble.

by Anonymousreply 82July 15, 2020 6:00 AM

Why haven’t they released a screenshot of the elevator footage to identify the perp?

by Anonymousreply 83July 15, 2020 6:01 AM

R67 When you use the elevator, it doesn't have buttons like a conventional elevator, it has key switches for each floor...you have to put your key in before it will open on your floor. There is always an additional door, outside the elevator, that goes into your apartment. sometimes, they're directly outside of the elevator door, but usually there's a very small foyer, so you can get off the elevator and open the door to your unit.

This building has no doorman, and each unit occupies the whole floor, except for the 9th and 10th flors, which are duplexes.

by Anonymousreply 84July 15, 2020 6:04 AM

His neighbors must be really spooked tonight being in that building.

by Anonymousreply 85July 15, 2020 6:09 AM

[quote] Condo drama. This sort of thing doesn't happen in Co-ops.

But other sorts of things do.

by Anonymousreply 86July 15, 2020 6:12 AM

[quote]On the video, the elevator door opens and victim goes into the apartment, the official said. The masked person follows the victim, going in right behind him

Does the masked person walk like a soft-butch sous chef?

by Anonymousreply 87July 15, 2020 6:14 AM

Good sleuthing, r75.

by Anonymousreply 88July 15, 2020 6:18 AM

Nigerian hit of some kind?

This is hired assassin shit. I wonder if he was in debt or some mob-like entity wanted to buy out his company and he wouldn't sell.

Clearly this was planned for some time.

by Anonymousreply 89July 15, 2020 6:19 AM

Ugh, I bet those white oak floors are going to be impossible to get the blood stains out of.

by Anonymousreply 90July 15, 2020 6:37 AM

His phone's ringtone was "The First Cut Is The Deepest".

by Anonymousreply 91July 15, 2020 6:37 AM

I keep reading this thread as “disremembered body.”

by Anonymousreply 92July 15, 2020 6:42 AM

I feel sorry for the sister and for the people living in that building.

by Anonymousreply 93July 15, 2020 6:45 AM

[quote]r11 So there just happened to be a chainsaw waiting in his apartment? There is more to this story.

I suspect foul play.

by Anonymousreply 94July 15, 2020 6:56 AM

"That poor girl, I cant imagine her pain"

Unless she hired it done and expects to inherit his stuff. Why did he show up so fast?

by Anonymousreply 95July 15, 2020 7:03 AM

Thank you R84

by Anonymousreply 96July 15, 2020 7:19 AM

The Cube strikes again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 15, 2020 7:21 AM

Thank goodness he wasn't uncut!

by Anonymousreply 98July 15, 2020 7:22 AM

He was probably whitewashing money.

by Anonymousreply 99July 15, 2020 8:21 AM

This is why I always refused to live in the East Village. I lived so happily on West Houston for years. Now I'm rent controlled in lower Chelsea in a sun and breeze filled studio but wish I could have ended up a few blocks south.

by Anonymousreply 100July 15, 2020 8:26 AM

R20, honey, puddin', they were joking. It was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 101July 15, 2020 9:32 AM

Same, R82. Not to get too Tasteful Friends on what is already a scintillating Dismembered Body thread, but the Carrera marble is a mistake with the flooring and white oak.

by Anonymousreply 102July 15, 2020 9:35 AM

South Asians always borrow heavily when business opportunities materialize. He pissed off the wrong people when he couldn't pay up.

by Anonymousreply 103July 15, 2020 10:20 AM

Did the attacker wear a corona mask or some other mask? I would feel uncomfortable entering my apartment with a masked man right behind me, but Corona probably changes things.

What do tenants usually do when the elevator opens directly into your apartment and other people are with you in the elevator? This is uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 104July 15, 2020 10:23 AM

Also cutting someone up with a chainsaw is really loud and probably alarms other tenants. It also leaves a lot of blood and traces behind that are impossible to clean up. This doesn't seem professional when you just want someone to disappear. Even the Saudis just used a bone saw and not a chainsaw when they killed that journalist and were probably smart enough to prepare a "kill room".

What kind of hit man was this? Hit man obviously never watched Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 105July 15, 2020 10:31 AM

So this wasn't a private elevator, but a building with only one elevator and tenants had to use a special key to get off on their own floor?

Why would anyone share the elevator with someone else in that situation? Anyone with sense would wait until they could have the elevator to themselves. Makes me wonder if this guy was someone the victim knew.

by Anonymousreply 106July 15, 2020 10:46 AM

Suicide? It would explain the only partial cleanup.

by Anonymousreply 107July 15, 2020 10:57 AM

R105 The only person I know who has her own in home “kill room” is Candy Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 108July 15, 2020 10:58 AM

looks like the killer was interrupted by the arrival of the sister? so was the plan to bring out the dismembered bodies otherwise? surely the killer must be aware there are cameras everywhere. not a well thought out plan. might it be a crime of passion? the victim must have known the killer in a more personal level.

by Anonymousreply 109July 15, 2020 11:27 AM

I just keep thinking that a professional hit man doesn’t stick around to dismember their target. They want to end their life and GTFO. Maybe decapitate or cut off a cock, to send a message. The whole mess with the limbs just seems too risky and messy for a detached professional.

by Anonymousreply 110July 15, 2020 11:33 AM

He was from Bangladesh, took his money from Nigeria and had connections in Dubai. Also, he was an "energizer bunny" with green hair.

I suspect that cocaine trafficking may - just may - have had something to do with this.

"Saleh was a Bangladeshi-American who founded and invested in several transportation-related start-ups, according to his LinkedIn page.

In 2015, he co-founded Pathao, a ride-hailing company in his parents’ home country of Bangladesh.

Roughly two years later, in December 2017, he co-founded Gokada, an on-demand, motorbike-hailing company in Lagos, Nigeria, and took over as its CEO in April of last year. He most recently oversaw the company’s transition to delivery service during the coronavirus pandemic.

He also launched the venture capital firm Adventure Capital in New York back in 2018.

“We used to call him the Elon Musk of the developing world. He was like the Energizer bunny,” a longtime friend told The Post.

“His best friend in Dubai called me just sobbing on the phone, ‘They took my boy; they took my boy!’ He played ukelele…he was so full of ideas,” the friend added"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 15, 2020 11:44 AM

Not gonna link, but the DailyMail has a pretty good article with information on his background, if you’re as curious (nosy) as I am.

by Anonymousreply 112July 15, 2020 11:51 AM

[Quote]$2.5 million and no doorman?

A doorman isn't always considered a plus. There are people who don't want to have to deal with a person they need to make small talk with and who can see what is going on in their life.

An elevator that needs a key is in theory sufficient security.

by Anonymousreply 113July 15, 2020 11:59 AM

Yes, r113. Such as drug/human traffickers.

by Anonymousreply 114July 15, 2020 12:01 PM

He seemed to be full of business school bullshit---he said his motorcycle taxi drivers didn't do it to make money, they had dreams. He actually grew-up in Rochester and was always coming up with a grift. His phone pranking app got his cashflow started. The obvious guesses are that he pissed off the wrong people in Nigeria or that not all of his money was clean. He also sounds like a flashy bullshitter which is another way to attract the wrong attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 15, 2020 12:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 15, 2020 12:09 PM

R113, Saleh already had someone keeping very close tabs on him: his sister.

by Anonymousreply 117July 15, 2020 12:12 PM

A Bangladeshi-American money launderer who suddenly got decapitated and dismembered?

SHOCK!

by Anonymousreply 118July 15, 2020 12:12 PM

The race of the other person in the elevator is not mentioned, so I’m assuming they’re black. Of course it may be hard to tell, since everyone is wearing masks now. But in New York press coverage, if mention of race is studiously omitted, the perp/suspect is black, 99% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 119July 15, 2020 12:16 PM

DL Fave Riz Ahmed for the HBO series, please.

by Anonymousreply 120July 15, 2020 12:57 PM

But, but.... no corona virus deaths!

by Anonymousreply 121July 15, 2020 12:59 PM

R115, that’s what I was thinking, too.

I’m also wondering about his... romantic life.

by Anonymousreply 122July 15, 2020 1:03 PM

We haven’t seen the surveillance video. I guess the NYPD doesn’t need the public’s help with this one.

by Anonymousreply 123July 15, 2020 1:04 PM

[quote]He played ukelele…he was so full of ideas,” the friend added"

The NY Post doesn't know how to spell "ukulele."

by Anonymousreply 124July 15, 2020 1:08 PM

If he was in a mask they may not release a photo or video, simply because it won't help.

by Anonymousreply 125July 15, 2020 1:09 PM

Seems a lot of angles to story.

by Anonymousreply 126July 15, 2020 1:14 PM

Has any detective checked the whereabouts of Lizzy Borden during the time this happened?

Jesus! Do I have to think of everything?!

by Anonymousreply 127July 15, 2020 1:17 PM

So they have video of him going into apartment - with they guy in a MASK and gloves. Assume he knew he was going to be killed. How creepy. Too much money too soon is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 128July 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Dismembering the corpse is a touch you don't often see and smacks of a revenge killing. My suspicion is he probably put his dick where he wasn't supposed to and it;s an honor killing of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 129July 15, 2020 1:18 PM

R5, while it may sound humorous, it’s a legal declaration an ME would make.

Legally speaking, we don’t know if the person died of natural causes and for some unknown reason (such as social security checks coming in, for example) someone was just attempting to dispose of the body. That’s why it’s not declared a homicide until the ME determines what caused the death.

by Anonymousreply 130July 15, 2020 1:18 PM

Isn't there a Joan Crawford movie about this?

by Anonymousreply 131July 15, 2020 1:21 PM

So back to elevators. If the private elevators access a floor/apartment with a key, couldn't security be bypassed by boarding the elevator along with the victim? You pretend you're going to a different floor but then just get off the elevator with the victim? Or is it understood, elevators are not shared and you wait your turn?

by Anonymousreply 132July 15, 2020 1:29 PM

Just ducking in to say this is why I fucking love datalounge. Despite the site being a pale shell of its former self, threads like this still appear from time to time, to keep me informed, amused & away from the ledge.

Thanks to the NYC locals for the building info, & the background link posters. Those sites were fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 133July 15, 2020 1:29 PM

Never liked the idea of an elevator opening directly into the apartment. I like having neighbors who would hear me if I scream. It’s what makes me an insomniac in the country.

by Anonymousreply 134July 15, 2020 1:34 PM

Was it a black ski mask, black face mask, black gimp mask, or one of these:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 15, 2020 1:44 PM

I say we all meet at the scene of the crime at 6:30pm tonight, split of into groups of 3 (groups of 2 could leave you with murderer!), and get to the bottom of this tragic affair.

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2020 1:56 PM

I keep thinking about the elevator situation. I live in a high rise of 38 floors. We are not supposed to share the elevator with anyone who’s not part of our household. Several times I’ve had to wait a while because the elevator down has someone in it already, or wait in line in the lobby. It’s pretty much de riguer now, that you don’t share an elevator in a residential building, and even the elevator at Fairway has an occupancy limit.

So Saleh must have been alarmed when the dude entered the elevator with him. A normal neighbor would have waited for the elevator to go up and come back down. It wouldn’t have taken long, since there aren’t many residents using it.

Just musing...

by Anonymousreply 137July 15, 2020 1:58 PM

Or one of these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 15, 2020 1:58 PM

Or this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 15, 2020 1:59 PM

Or this???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 15, 2020 2:00 PM

Even if my apartment took up the whole floor I wouldn't want the elevator opening into it. Even if it's only psychological, that one last barrier to entry just feels necessary.

by Anonymousreply 141July 15, 2020 2:00 PM

Maybe even one of these?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 15, 2020 2:01 PM

R130 is correct. It's possible for a person to die of natural causes (or at least non-homicide causes) and then be dismembered. Dismembering a dead body is a crime but not homicide, and cause of death would be a critical issue at any trial. So you don't want some officer fucking up the paperwork.

by Anonymousreply 143July 15, 2020 2:03 PM

R141, I've seen one with an ante chamber that opened to the main door, with a smaller service entrance hidden off a corner

by Anonymousreply 144July 15, 2020 2:03 PM

^ That I could live with.

by Anonymousreply 145July 15, 2020 2:05 PM

Ashlee Simpson is headlining a tribute concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 15, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote]A normal neighbor would have waited for the elevator to go up and come back down. It wouldn’t have taken long, since there aren’t many residents using it.

That's an understatement. There are seven units in this building. You have a very small community of people using the elevator.

by Anonymousreply 147July 15, 2020 2:06 PM

[quote] So Saleh must have been alarmed when the dude entered the elevator with him.

You’re assuming he didn’t go up to the apartment with him intentionally, hence the lack of any equipment like the chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 148July 15, 2020 2:08 PM

If the sister interrupted something, she’s damn lucky she didn’t get killed, too. Someone who’s not squeamish about cutting up a body they’d just killed doesn’t seem like they’re too worried about killing a girl who walked into their crime scene.

And really, how long had it been since the sister hadn’t heard from him? A few hours? Wouldn’t a professional know that there was a sister-wife checking in every so often?

by Anonymousreply 149July 15, 2020 2:16 PM

R148, I don’t know for sure, but the NY post reports: “ The victim was last seen on surveillance footage around 1:40 p.m. Monday, when he entered his building’s elevator, which opens right out to his seventh-floor apartment, sources said.

The footage from the apartment building appears to show the suspected killer carrying a bag, waiting to enter the elevator with the victim, sources said.

The victim gives the suspect a puzzled look during an exchange as they ride up together. As soon as the victim steps out into his apartment, the suspect can be seen attacking him, according to sources.”

You’re right, I’m assuming. Sounds like he didn’t know the killer and didn’t expect to be riding on an elevator with him. Current Covid etiquette discourages sharing elevators. I wonder if they walked into the building together. Saleh should have been very suspicious of someone who piggybacked him into the building and bullied his way into sharing an elevator. Even if the guy had been in the building lobby already, it would be weird to get in the same elevator during Covid times.

by Anonymousreply 150July 15, 2020 2:25 PM

“Nigeria based” not trying to be prejudicial, but I have known people from Nigeria who have had family members murdered in a similar way due to corporate/rubber trade interests. It’s a cruel place to do business from what I was told. This happened in NYC, but the tactics speak to being a Nigerian conflict.

....again, I know literally nothing of specifics and only am going off what I have been told in the past.

by Anonymousreply 151July 15, 2020 2:28 PM

The killer was in blackface? That’s a crime worse than murder!

by Anonymousreply 152July 15, 2020 2:29 PM

Can we get the Naya Twitter girls working on the case, they’ve been so helpful in the past? Perhaps the killer is under a tree, or we should search the shacks and the cabins on the edge of the island? Does the victim have any celebrity friends who can contact the NYPD and perhaps line up on Houston St. and pray for him.

by Anonymousreply 153July 15, 2020 2:31 PM

Man, him and his sister must have been basically attached at the hip. She was already going over the check on him the next day.

by Anonymousreply 154July 15, 2020 2:36 PM

R154, it tells me she knew he was in trouble.

Was he intimidated into sharing the elevator? Maybe he thought he could appease the threat.

by Anonymousreply 155July 15, 2020 2:41 PM

Has anyone seen the Nigerian Prince lately?

by Anonymousreply 156July 15, 2020 2:44 PM

Did the sister have her own key to the elevator? How many relatives per apartment get keys, that seems problematic? I don’t want 4C’s Aunt Ida wondering around the lobby at all hours of the day?

by Anonymousreply 157July 15, 2020 2:45 PM

R45, there was a movie with that scene it but I can't remember who was in it. It was a comedy.

Two guys returned a saw that stopped working while cutting up a body. There was hair and blood on the blade. The woman at Customer Service never looked up. Just told them to get another one.

Anyone remember the movie?

by Anonymousreply 158July 15, 2020 3:04 PM

Someone should use the Prank Call App to call his sister with the sound of a power saw in the background.

by Anonymousreply 159July 15, 2020 3:09 PM

R157, that’s what I wonder, too.

“There was one that came first, with short black hair. Then a second one came, a little taller and with long hair. They were just hysterical, I guess in disbelief. And then they left with the detectives,” he said. Police also brought a dog, a mid-sized Pomsky, out of the building, he said.

by Anonymousreply 160July 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Wait, the dog walker had a key too? Shesch!

by Anonymousreply 161July 15, 2020 3:12 PM

Caught on his iPhone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 15, 2020 3:15 PM

How could you, Mrs. Dinky.

by Anonymousreply 163July 15, 2020 3:15 PM

Pomsky?

Pomeranian and Husky? I hope the Husky was the mother. Otherwise OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 164July 15, 2020 3:17 PM

Are we sure this wasn’t a Saw situation and it wasn’t a do it yourselfer?

by Anonymousreply 165July 15, 2020 3:19 PM

Clearly, someone suggested dinner at Dorsia.

by Anonymousreply 166July 15, 2020 3:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 15, 2020 3:33 PM

Without a doorman you have to give out keys, to a dogwalker, a sister who house sits...

by Anonymousreply 168July 15, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote] Saleh should have been very suspicious of someone who piggybacked him into the building and bullied his way into sharing an elevator.

Then there would've been a video of Saleh refusing to let the guy in the elevator and everyone would accuse him of being a privileged "Karen" and his business cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 169July 15, 2020 3:41 PM

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

by Anonymousreply 170July 15, 2020 3:43 PM

R170 For those that need a visual and prefer American music.

by Anonymousreply 171July 15, 2020 3:49 PM

R171 Continued...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 15, 2020 3:51 PM

[quote] So they have video of him going into apartment - with they guy in a MASK and gloves.

Everyone is supposed to be wearing a mask in shared public spaces like elevators. And many people are wearing gloves too.

by Anonymousreply 173July 15, 2020 3:51 PM

[quote] 'She was really upset. Crying. Shaking,' neighbor Danny Faust said to The Post. 'She was just sitting there but you can tell her legs were shaking. She's nervous. She was crying like, you know, wiping her eyes.'

[quote]'She was screaming when she first came down,' Faust said.

[quote] [bold]'Dead body? Okay. But when you hear chopped up and dismembered? That's it. That's a sick type of mind for somebody to do that,' he added.[/bold]

Just his murder alone would have been okay? Only in New York, kids.

by Anonymousreply 174July 15, 2020 3:53 PM

Let's not lose sight of what's important: It's Carrara marble, not carrera. Carrara is the city where the quarries are.

Also, I don't understand the concept of killing someone because they're in debt to you. How can you get your money back then?

by Anonymousreply 175July 15, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote]Everyone is supposed to be wearing a mask in shared public spaces like elevators. And many people are wearing gloves too.

Clearly, he's a model citizen!

by Anonymousreply 176July 15, 2020 3:55 PM

Chop, chop, sweet Charlotte

by Anonymousreply 177July 15, 2020 3:56 PM

R175 One assumes he brought a small cooler with him and was harvesting organs, I’ve heard they can be worth a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 178July 15, 2020 4:00 PM

It may be a "million dollar" building, but it's located in a sketchy section of the LES near Alphabet City.

by Anonymousreply 179July 15, 2020 4:00 PM

R154, the guy gets into the elevator at 1:40 and the sister finds him at 3:30. Unless it was 3:30 the next day, that’s a pretty small window of him being unable to respond to a text/call.

by Anonymousreply 180July 15, 2020 4:06 PM

R179 Yes, let’s real estate shame the dead man hacked into pieces..

by Anonymousreply 181July 15, 2020 4:07 PM

Are we sure it wasn’t a crime of passion?

by Anonymousreply 182July 15, 2020 4:08 PM

He was not responding to texts for a day, so I would guess something well before the sister's discovery scared him off.

by Anonymousreply 183July 15, 2020 4:10 PM

So where is the gay angle?

by Anonymousreply 184July 15, 2020 4:12 PM

his dog looks gay.

by Anonymousreply 185July 15, 2020 4:17 PM

The Saudis were involved

by Anonymousreply 186July 15, 2020 4:17 PM

Here’s a baseless idea:

That prank call app is maybe the technology that allows the number spoofing that spam call scammers use, right? The “your child is kidnapped, I am from Microsoft, your car’s extended warranty people.”

Maybe the software has a back door so he can see who is using it allowing him to then email them? People hate being blackmailed, especially the Russian mob. Alternately maybe he was cooperating with law enforcement to identify the scammers?

by Anonymousreply 187July 15, 2020 4:20 PM

Whoever killed him obviously was going to dispose of the body ,hence the saw,bags,etc. That tells me it wasnt a "message" killing , but personal . Otherwise theyd have just killed him and left him laying there,right ? Being a business related killing is just too pat, nothing is ever as simple as it seems. Im throwing my hat in the sex killing ring , his insta has tons of pics but the only woman you really see is his sister. Trick gone wild !

by Anonymousreply 188July 15, 2020 4:23 PM

At what point should the denizens of ultra lux buildings be concerned that there might be a serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 189July 15, 2020 4:28 PM

So the last time he was seen alive was Monday at 1:40 pm? He was discovered at 3:30pm on Tuesday. And they think the sister may have interrupted the... disposal. The saw was still plugged in and there were signs of a cleanup (with relatively little blood!). The sister saw the torso, so I’m thinking it wasn’t in the bags, as the head and limbs were. Wouldn’t you finish bagging the body before cleaning up? Was the killer planning on leaving the torso and taking the identifying body parts with him?

Also, the poor dog. It must have been relieving itself in the apartment and may have been hungry/thirsty. And distraught at its owner’s demise. Maybe it was locked in a bathroom.

Why was the “professional” assassin at the crime scene for so long?

by Anonymousreply 190July 15, 2020 4:29 PM

My money is on a crime of passion, clearly a gay sous-chef with meatpacking skills is involved. That “puzzled” look way a look of eager anticipation of a gay afternoon romp.

by Anonymousreply 191July 15, 2020 4:31 PM

R190 Well you know with all the new Union rules and overtime and such these things take a lot longer to do now days. I blame Jimmie Hoffa.

by Anonymousreply 192July 15, 2020 4:33 PM

honestly tho.... won't splattered blood on CARARARARA (however you spell it) marble and white oak be impossible to get out? I know you can seal marble but wooden kitchen cabinets don't get any sort of treatment do they the way a hardwood floor would get?

It's going to look like an abattoir in there!

by Anonymousreply 193July 15, 2020 4:34 PM

Gives a new meaning to Grindr

by Anonymousreply 194July 15, 2020 4:34 PM

^^^ BUH DUM KEEESH!

by Anonymousreply 195July 15, 2020 4:35 PM

Marble is relatively soft, so I assume blood may be difficult to get out of it. Oak is a hardwood--less worried.

by Anonymousreply 196July 15, 2020 4:38 PM

This guy isn’t even a 3, so his ghost should be great full at all the attention he is getting.

by Anonymousreply 197July 15, 2020 4:39 PM

Borrowed money from a Nigerian prince who now wanted it back . And the human jigsaw puzzle didn't answer his emails .

by Anonymousreply 198July 15, 2020 4:39 PM

R193 Did you watch the Netflix Unsolved Mysteries, specifically the one about the French family? The creepiest thing is that he killed the whole family and two dogs with a gun and there were absolutely no trances of blood anywhere in the house.

by Anonymousreply 199July 15, 2020 4:40 PM

"Have a very good feeling about 2020."

by Anonymousreply 200July 15, 2020 4:48 PM

R199 No, but I going to watch it tonight now!! I imagine not every gun is going to blow targets to smithereens but there is still the matter of bleeding out.

But wow, killing the dogs too? Now that's a statement killing!

by Anonymousreply 201July 15, 2020 4:49 PM

R201 Not only that but he elaborately (and lovingly) prepared the bodies, buried them with mementos in a shrine like way all in the backyard under the deck.

by Anonymousreply 202July 15, 2020 4:54 PM

You guys wondering how they will possibly clean up the apartment are just too much. 🤣 Haha.

It's a multimillion dollar apartment and someone was dismembered in it. I'm pretty sure the next owner will get new floors and kitchen cabinets and not live in a soiled apartment with hidden blood stains.

by Anonymousreply 203July 15, 2020 4:57 PM

A homosex tryst gone wrong would make this even more scandalous, but I dont think thats what happened.

If it was someone who knew him even casually in the area, they would likely be aware that he had family members who communicated with him throughout the day. They would definitely not plan for a long drawn out disposal of his body in his own home of all places. Someone who didn't know him personally had this carried out, and the hit man was probably only told that he lives alone so they thought they had as much time as they needed.

by Anonymousreply 204July 15, 2020 4:59 PM

R202 SHHHH! Don't give it away! Geeez!

by Anonymousreply 205July 15, 2020 5:01 PM

Has ANYONE been in contact with Detective LaToya?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 15, 2020 5:01 PM

On his Ipod

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 15, 2020 5:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 15, 2020 5:02 PM

Fuck that R203! I'm going in there with a UV light and some Luminol!

by Anonymousreply 209July 15, 2020 5:05 PM

Do Manhattan real estate agents have to disclose if a murder took place on the property?

by Anonymousreply 210July 15, 2020 5:06 PM

R210 Yes!

by Anonymousreply 211July 15, 2020 5:07 PM

What's next aliens in New York by the end of the year?

by Anonymousreply 212July 15, 2020 5:07 PM

What, no Dave Clark Five yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 15, 2020 5:08 PM

R132 -- in a building that small you likely know your neighbors--there were 7 apartments.

So if you know them you might (pre-COVID) share the elevator

by Anonymousreply 214July 15, 2020 5:10 PM

Rumor is that the perp was dressed like a ninja and his entire face was covered. He knew about the cameras. He probably was going to chop and remove the body, thinking it would take weeks before anyone scoured the apartment. He didn’t realize how nosy sisters, especially Asian ones are. Obviously they hadn’t monitored phone calls and text to see patterns.

The hit seems Russian mob.

by Anonymousreply 215July 15, 2020 5:10 PM

Welcome, to any Naya Rivera thread orphans

We start anew.

by Anonymousreply 216July 15, 2020 5:10 PM

Can someone please compile all the recommended songs on a Spotify list and share it here?

by Anonymousreply 217July 15, 2020 5:11 PM

r36 It was Shameless. I just watched the episode. I think it's season 3. It was Fiona's boyfriend who had to watch the horror.

by Anonymousreply 218July 15, 2020 5:11 PM

The building is only 7 units and a small corner building. The elevators are essentially the lobby.

by Anonymousreply 219July 15, 2020 5:12 PM

I still think it was the jeweler to the stars gay for pay surrogate son/lover who did it since no one confirmed if he’s in jail or not, and we know he’s bad at follow through in hacking up bodies.

by Anonymousreply 220July 15, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote]If you left the stair doors unlocked, pretty much anyone could access your home. No way could I live in a place like that.

You would need a key for that unit to access that floor from the stairwell, same as the elevator. And I'm sure it was not a door that could be left unlocked, things like like this will be automatically locked.

by Anonymousreply 221July 15, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote]If this is the person, he has a middle eastern name

Bangladesh is not in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 222July 15, 2020 5:18 PM

Has his condition changed?

by Anonymousreply 223July 15, 2020 5:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 15, 2020 5:22 PM

Thanks R218 it was Shameless not Dead Like Me! One mystery solved ladies and gentlemen!

Thierre di Castro is hot dead or alive!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 15, 2020 5:24 PM

If was kind of messy for a pro hit. Someone from the old country wanting him dead and getting personal.

by Anonymousreply 226July 15, 2020 5:25 PM

Mexican Cartel

by Anonymousreply 227July 15, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]Mexican Cartel

His company had dealings in Nigeria. Don't play with the money of Nigerian biggies.

by Anonymousreply 228July 15, 2020 5:31 PM

Somehow a dismembered body lowers the "luxury" quotient a bit.

While the same dismembered body would have no effect on the value of a trailer home.

by Anonymousreply 229July 15, 2020 5:33 PM

R224 - wouldn't the fire escape stairs need to be unlocked?

by Anonymousreply 230July 15, 2020 5:35 PM

"Saleh lists Poughkeepsie as his hometown on his Facebook page, but according to Journal archives he lived in Hopewell Junction and graduated from John Jay in 2005. He was born in Saudi Arabia and "moved quite a bit before settling in Rochester," according to his bio on the Gokada site. His "interest in computers developed" as an eighth-grader in Poughkeepsie, the site said.

In 2003, while still living with his parents, he created WizTeen, a network of around a dozen websites targeted at teens and tweens that allowed for customizing social media and instant messenger services. It was, by the time he was 20, a six-figure business, according to archives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231July 15, 2020 5:41 PM

Prank Call is a laugh riot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 15, 2020 5:45 PM

They need to look into all those investors and VCs.

“For Gokada’s Series A, Rise Capital led the investment, joined by Adventure Capital, IC Global Partners and Illinois-based First MidWest Group. Coinciding with the round, Nigerian investor and Jobberman founder Ayodeji Adewunmi will join Gokada as co-CEO“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 15, 2020 5:53 PM

The ever-changing hair color is a major mental illness red flag.

by Anonymousreply 234July 15, 2020 5:56 PM

Lower East Side killer wore ninja outfit, fled gruesome murder scene as victim Fahim Saleh’s sister rode the elevator upstairs for a visit: sources

The killer was alerted by the sister’s buzzing from the E. Houston St. lobby, where she was admitted by the virtual doorman, according to the source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 15, 2020 6:22 PM

A police source indicated investigators believed the grisly execution was prompted by a business deal gone lethally bad.

by Anonymousreply 236July 15, 2020 6:24 PM

That's what I was thinking, r233. Maybe somebody didn't like that the company was moving in on existing businesses that were already doing that. It's big business.

Or maybe some sleazy stock thing.

by Anonymousreply 237July 15, 2020 6:25 PM

This would never happen in a live doorman building. Another reason technology sucks, no detection of nuance.

by Anonymousreply 238July 15, 2020 6:27 PM

If he was really dressed as a ninja r235, this wasn't some subtle sneak hit. Obviously they must have gone up together on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 239July 15, 2020 6:30 PM

Handsome guy.

Looks like family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 15, 2020 6:35 PM

R239 sounds like the ninja slipped in behind him. The streets are pretty empty too.

by Anonymousreply 241July 15, 2020 7:14 PM

Maybe his body parts were meant for disposal like the Khashoggi case but Ninja was interupted.

by Anonymousreply 242July 15, 2020 8:04 PM

How can I turn this into an SVU episode?

by Anonymousreply 243July 15, 2020 8:08 PM

Does the Russian mob frequently employ ninja assassins?

by Anonymousreply 244July 15, 2020 8:09 PM

He's a bit old to blame the usual suspect so I'd be on the lookout for those damned foreign factions.

But of course I don't know any more about these things than you do.

by Anonymousreply 245July 15, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]This would never happen in a live doorman building. Another reason technology sucks, no detection of nuance.

Buck would never have lived in a dead doorman building. And he nuanced like no one I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 246July 15, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote]His company had dealings in Nigeria. Don't play with the money of Nigerian biggies.

They are desperate. I don't like to boast but I get emails from a Nigerian Prince all the time and flattering as he is, he's always asking for money.

by Anonymousreply 247July 15, 2020 8:16 PM

Ninja assassins are masters of nuance. He would have gone right past a doorman by using all kinds of subtle hints and innuendos. It's part of their ninja training!

by Anonymousreply 248July 15, 2020 8:16 PM

R181, well this is the DL on a day that ends in -y.

by Anonymousreply 249July 15, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote] This would never happen in a live doorman building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250July 15, 2020 9:06 PM

I hope everyone involved was wearing a mask. COVID is still a very real threat.

by Anonymousreply 251July 15, 2020 9:10 PM

Wasn't me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 15, 2020 9:10 PM

R250 interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 15, 2020 9:13 PM

He was 33? The 33 troll must be orgasming.

by Anonymousreply 254July 15, 2020 9:16 PM

Don't blame me. I've been otherwise occupied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 15, 2020 9:19 PM

He knew the murderer. It was only after they entered his place that the struggle started.

by Anonymousreply 256July 15, 2020 9:31 PM

I call my husband “Silent Assasin” because his farts are DEADLY.

by Anonymousreply 257July 15, 2020 9:32 PM

I like that unlike most IT guys, he kept his hair layed at all times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 15, 2020 9:38 PM

I'm spooked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259July 15, 2020 9:44 PM

This is one of those unsatisfactory buildings filling in the odd little spaces left over along Houston St. when it was widened in 1930. That’s why the shape of the apartment is so odd. Most of the parcel was swallowed by Houston St.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260July 15, 2020 9:52 PM

Don’t worry about the floor and the marble. The Times reports little blood on the scene. The killer is a pro. He drained the blood in the bathtub before proceeding to chop up the body.

See Dexter’s Ice Truck Killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 15, 2020 10:00 PM

I'm in pieces from reading this article :(

by Anonymousreply 262July 15, 2020 10:00 PM

And I'm hungry.

by Anonymousreply 263July 15, 2020 10:01 PM

I'm still not a fan of the white oak R261. It cheapens the look of the marble.

by Anonymousreply 264July 15, 2020 10:03 PM

She's up to her old tricks again, isn't she

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265July 15, 2020 10:04 PM

He fell to pieces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 15, 2020 10:08 PM

Better find this bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267July 15, 2020 10:12 PM

Don't worry boys. I'm on this case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268July 15, 2020 10:40 PM

I feel so sorry for his sister who found him. It's bad enough finding someone dead, but to find your own brother and like THAT. Get her meds now.

by Anonymousreply 269July 15, 2020 11:04 PM

She has probably been prescribed 2-4 mg of Klonopin a day. That is what I would give her, as well as some Seroquel for sleep.

Poor lady.

by Anonymousreply 270July 15, 2020 11:07 PM

Why would you give her anti-seizure and anti-psychotics?

by Anonymousreply 271July 15, 2020 11:19 PM

DAILYMAIL:

At the time of his death, he was being sued by a former prison guard turned criminal who was jailed for using his app PrankDial to secretly record and listen to employees' phone calls. He founded the app in 2015.

The app let Kirk Eady, the former deputy director of Hudson County Correctional Facility, place a call between two employees without them knowing he was behind it, then listen to whatever they said.

He listened to their complaints about him and about their jobs then retaliated against them in the workplace, according to prosecutors. He was jailed for 15 months and in 2017, sued Saleh for fraud, claiming the app made him think what he was doing was legal.

by Anonymousreply 272July 15, 2020 11:19 PM

R271 In the US, Klonopin is prescribed primarily for anxiety. It is also used for seizure disorders, primarily some types of myoclonic seizures such as juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and progressive myoclonic epilepsy.

Seroquel in lower doses is very effective for trauma-related sleep disturbance. It is commonly used off label in the US for sleep disturbance.

by Anonymousreply 273July 15, 2020 11:28 PM

Something tells me Jussie Smollet is involved.

by Anonymousreply 274July 15, 2020 11:35 PM

Was there a Subway sandwich found anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 275July 15, 2020 11:38 PM

Has anyone questioned Catherine Tramell?

by Anonymousreply 276July 15, 2020 11:44 PM

he was naive if he thought he can make money in shithole countries as a foreigner on his own... the level of corruption and dealing with extremely shady people is not worth it for a lot of people, you have to buy off many politicians, and rival businessmen/gangsters are always running after you. There is a reason why Uber tried and left many of these countries— because ultimately it wasnt worth all the effort. He already got push back many times it looks like and Nigeria eventually banned his ride sharing app— the gang did not want him there but they want his technology. Give it a few months and there will be a new ride sharing app there. He was probably so naive he sold it bigtime to some mob boss who now lost his investment because he cant make any inroads in Nigeria.

by Anonymousreply 277July 15, 2020 11:54 PM

It was gay panic! Bitch came on to me! It was all an accident and before I knew it I had chainsawed the dude!

by Anonymousreply 278July 16, 2020 12:01 AM

Chainsaws make a lot of noise. Someone else in the building must have heard something, especially because everyone is working from home these days. Those private elevators are creepy. At least with a hallway situation it’s possible someone would have heard the struggle.

by Anonymousreply 279July 16, 2020 12:07 AM

His bike sharing in Lagos was a brilliant idea to get around the terrible traffic and poor public transport.

His sister most certainly interrupted the killer as the body parts were in plastic bags and the murderer had a suitcase with him. He would have disappeared without a trace if things had gone as planned

by Anonymousreply 280July 16, 2020 12:11 AM

Well at least the contained the chainsaw to the apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote]he was naive if he thought he can make money in shithole countries as a foreigner on his own... the level of corruption and dealing with extremely shady people is not worth it for a lot of people, you have to buy off many politicians, and rival businessmen/gangsters are always running after you.

Naive or brave, or just stupid. He the fact that he is pretty delicate looking with highlighted hair made him an even bigger target, but it doesn't seem like he cared or was really overly concerned about his safety.

And his poor sisters. They are probably very fearful for their lives as well at this point.

by Anonymousreply 282July 16, 2020 12:16 AM

It was an electric saw, morons, not a chainsaw.

There are many young techies round the world just like this guy creating practical solutions to basic problems. Most of you sound like you never leave your recliner.

by Anonymousreply 283July 16, 2020 12:27 AM

I leave the recliner at least 10 times a day, so the jokes on you, r283.

by Anonymousreply 284July 16, 2020 12:30 AM

I think it makes sense that a wealthy Nigerian didn’t want him messing with their business and hired a hit. The killer waited in the small lobby and hopped on elevator wearing mask like we all do. The victim was startled but but didn’t get off the elevator. The killer planned to remove the body and not leave much evidence. He wasn’t planning to leave the saw so maybe it has some fingerprints.

by Anonymousreply 285July 16, 2020 12:35 AM

They hired someone sloppy. Should've gotten Russians or Israelis.

by Anonymousreply 286July 16, 2020 12:39 AM

^^ if you read the article you'd know the Nigerian Gov banned his type of business from operating in February

by Anonymousreply 287July 16, 2020 12:39 AM

R268 = Bill Barr

A 7 storey building with how many apartments? It wouldn't take much amateur surveillance to figure out when the place would be mostly empty.

by Anonymousreply 288July 16, 2020 12:39 AM

Since we're playing Cluedo, my guess is Mrs Candy with the chainsaw in the media room.

by Anonymousreply 289July 16, 2020 12:48 AM

Where was Fredrik Eklund when all of the went down...?

by Anonymousreply 290July 16, 2020 1:02 AM

10 stories, 7 units, 13-20 residents max incl. kids

by Anonymousreply 291July 16, 2020 1:03 AM

R291 With tight numbers like that I wonder if the killer was going to take them all out and use that apartment as the base of operations? That sister may have saved the whole building.

by Anonymousreply 292July 16, 2020 1:07 AM

Stop, R292. Don't start conspiracy nonsense. This guy was the only target and it's obvious he did business with Nigerian El Chapo - types.

by Anonymousreply 293July 16, 2020 1:10 AM

r290 I reckon he was on Mockingbird Lane, with his fellow Munsters. Truly one of the ugliest men in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 16, 2020 1:16 AM

That had to hurt.

by Anonymousreply 295July 16, 2020 1:17 AM

Man, they really wanted this guy to suffer. They could've just used a gun with a silencer and be done with it. They wanted to prolong his agony and to do it in an apt building knowing there's a chance of someone calling 911 when they heard yelling. Damn. Just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 296July 16, 2020 1:43 AM

Maybe the mask was like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 16, 2020 1:52 AM

R297 great for an LA or Miami Serial Killer with the appropriate wig.

by Anonymousreply 298July 16, 2020 1:55 AM

This was his baby as well. Clever guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 16, 2020 2:13 AM

He probably wasn’t alive when they cut him up. It makes no sense to cut and pack the body if you’re going to leave a bloody mess behind. He probably drained the blood in the bathtub before dismembering. It’s what I would do.

by Anonymousreply 300July 16, 2020 2:48 AM

Gay couple explain Pomskies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301July 16, 2020 2:54 AM

Motorcycle taxis are common in a lot of places. I used to ride them regularly in Bangkok. Organizing them in some way isn't all that difficult (in Bangkok, the major intersections or destinations usually had a meeting place) and adding an app isn't exactly genius, esp. coming from someone who figured out how to monetize prank calls. Not exactly a cancer curer.

Perhaps there is a Nigerian mafia. Or perhaps like a lot dummies with cash flow and then cash flow problems he started gambling or tried to make quick money in the drug trade---either way, he could have gotten himself into a situation where someone wanted him dead. He also comes across as someone who doesn't know when to shut up---another way he might have gotten on the wrong side of the wrong people.

In a building like that, even though the units are relatively new, there's probably often remodeling going on, so a saw would not be that suspicious

by Anonymousreply 302July 16, 2020 3:11 AM

So what if the killer wanted to make it look like he just disappeared? But blood traces are microscopic. Tests would show it everywhere in the place.

Didn't neighbors hear screaming or a saw buzzing?

by Anonymousreply 303July 16, 2020 3:24 AM

Americans involved in get-rich-quick schemes in developing nations are a pretty shitty bunch of people, on the whole.

by Anonymousreply 304July 16, 2020 3:28 AM

How great are you NOW, NY?! You may not have any corona deaths but you got a fucking dismembered body!

by Anonymousreply 305July 16, 2020 4:23 AM

The video footage apparently shows him being shot or stunned as he exited the elevator. The death was probably (hopefully) quick and took him by surprise, and the dismemberment occurred post mortem.

by Anonymousreply 306July 16, 2020 6:14 AM

Jealous, r305?

by Anonymousreply 307July 16, 2020 6:24 AM

WHat's a pomsky? A Pomerian/Husky? God, that poor little Pom-pom.

by Anonymousreply 308July 16, 2020 6:44 AM

r308 See r301

by Anonymousreply 309July 16, 2020 6:49 AM

[quote]With tight numbers like that I wonder if the killer was going to take them all out and use that apartment as the base of operations? That sister may have saved the whole building.

Yes, great strategy and very plausible, R292, because seven people wouldn't have any friends, family or co-workers wondering what happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 310July 16, 2020 10:03 AM

Unless it's like every other big city and no one actually lives there.

by Anonymousreply 311July 16, 2020 10:07 AM

This guy's company was being used to launder money into Nigeria and Bangladesh.

I'd say take a look at his investors.

by Anonymousreply 312July 16, 2020 12:03 PM

[quote] Was there a Subway sandwich found anywhere?

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 313July 16, 2020 1:16 PM

Well he certainly can't live on as a mermaid like our sweet Naya.

by Anonymousreply 314July 16, 2020 1:19 PM

Was his nickname Art?

by Anonymousreply 315July 16, 2020 1:19 PM

This man knew too much and had to die.

by Anonymousreply 316July 16, 2020 1:21 PM

Was the sister in line to inherit the apartment? Maybe she did it and got lazy about disposing of the body and faked the whole “discovery” part of the story?

by Anonymousreply 317July 16, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote] This man knew too much and had to die.

Except for not getting on an elevator that leads directly to your apartment with a stranger dressed as a fucking ninja.

by Anonymousreply 318July 16, 2020 1:25 PM

He was a clever con artist, but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 319July 16, 2020 1:25 PM

Maybe his nickname was Bob.

by Anonymousreply 320July 16, 2020 1:27 PM

So who was his boyfriend? He seems like he'd be an expert straight baiter online. I bet they find a trove of nudes and dick pics from guys around the globe.

by Anonymousreply 321July 16, 2020 1:30 PM

Who will play Fahim Saleh in the inevitable Netflix movie?

by Anonymousreply 322July 16, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] Was the sister in line to inherit the apartment? Maybe she did it and got lazy about disposing of the body and faked the whole “discovery” part of the story?

It is a little suspicious that the killer ran instead of just offing the sister, too. It's just a easy to dismember two people as it is one.

by Anonymousreply 323July 16, 2020 1:39 PM

I thought r320 was Abishola

by Anonymousreply 324July 16, 2020 1:40 PM

[quote]Who will play Fahim Saleh in the inevitable Netflix movie?

You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Finally, my chance to go the "serious actor" route

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 16, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote] It's just a easy to dismember two people as it is one.

Yeah, no, honey, I was paid for one body. One.

This ain’t a damn BOGO session.

by Anonymousreply 327July 16, 2020 2:00 PM

LOL^

by Anonymousreply 328July 16, 2020 2:02 PM

He probably did it himself. A Leo attention-seeking whore.

by Anonymousreply 329July 16, 2020 2:15 PM

[quote] It's just a easy to dismember two people as it is one.

Spoken like someone who’s never dismembered a body.

by Anonymousreply 330July 16, 2020 2:19 PM

His big mistake was allowing the other guy to ride the elevator with him. Either he gets off or you do.

by Anonymousreply 331July 16, 2020 2:25 PM

People in Manhattan would die before they let it be said that they were afraid to get on an elevator with a Ninja.

by Anonymousreply 332July 16, 2020 2:29 PM

The fact that the elevator stops directly into residents apartments is a serious security risk. That would have been a deal breaker for me if I was buying a condo.

by Anonymousreply 333July 16, 2020 3:41 PM

It's a feature rather than a bug for most people. It prevents dropping by for a cup of sugar or but also means you can't stop before you're murdered by a ninja.

by Anonymousreply 334July 16, 2020 3:58 PM

My mother lived in a building with elevators that opened into loft apartments for over 30 years, and there wasn’t a single ninja attack.

by Anonymousreply 335July 16, 2020 4:03 PM

Times have changed R335. Here's a leaked photo of the lobby security footage the day the murder took place. You can't be too careful these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 16, 2020 4:14 PM

Were nunchucks and throwing stars involved?

by Anonymousreply 337July 16, 2020 5:13 PM

I'm failing to see how a keyed elevator opening directly into the apartment is a "serious security risk." People get killed in apartments without this feature. People get killed in single family homes. This seems to be an outlier - I don't regularly read about these setups ending in murder. You don't think these people would have found a way to kill him anyway? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 338July 16, 2020 5:50 PM

How many have an elevator master key?

by Anonymousreply 339July 16, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]he had early success with PrankDial, an app he invented for making prank telephone calls.

justifiable homicide

by Anonymousreply 340July 16, 2020 6:02 PM

R338 because instead of opening into a hallway it opens direct into a private entryway. I think the concern comes because of the high cost of the condo.

by Anonymousreply 341July 16, 2020 6:02 PM

Have the residents demanded a live doorman yet?

by Anonymousreply 342July 16, 2020 6:03 PM

If you ever wanted to take a mini-seminar on elevator security issues, Deviant Ollam, a hacker turned industrial 'penetration tester,' has an interesting one for you. My point: it's not that great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 16, 2020 6:08 PM

Wait. It was a Ninja? And the victim used to do prank calls? How do we know it wasn't a bunch of fed up Chinese restaurants that used to get pranked?

by Anonymousreply 344July 16, 2020 6:22 PM

Ninjas are from Japan.

by Anonymousreply 345July 16, 2020 6:23 PM

A friend has direct elevator access to his penthouse. Everyone exits the elevator before he reaches his floor. He'd never open the door into his flat if someone were in the elevator with him.

A key is required to open the elevator door into his flat.

Could this have been what the victim thought was a hook up?

by Anonymousreply 346July 16, 2020 6:32 PM

R345, I know that. I was being typically "American" in my ignorance. I should've signed it.

by Anonymousreply 347July 16, 2020 6:35 PM

^sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 348July 16, 2020 6:44 PM

This NYT article says the ninja assassin immobilized the guy with a stun gun when they got off the elevator, then killed him. They don’t say what the murder weapon was. And the cops are saying this looks like a ‘professional job’ andreferring to it as a ‘hit.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349July 16, 2020 6:44 PM

^^ pay-walled

by Anonymousreply 350July 16, 2020 6:48 PM

Ninja Hookup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351July 16, 2020 7:01 PM

Autopsy said knife stab to heart

by Anonymousreply 352July 16, 2020 7:02 PM

This guy sounds very interesting. one one hand, he was very loving and generous to his family (he bought his parents a new house and a TESLA); on the other, he loved practical jokes, which means he was also a dick. And he liked danger, as most entrepeneurs do.

by Anonymousreply 353July 16, 2020 8:04 PM

Maybe the "Ninja" was a fed-up neighbor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354July 16, 2020 9:32 PM

Maybe his neighbors got tired of hearing him get banged out by that Nigerian BBC every night

by Anonymousreply 355July 16, 2020 9:40 PM

WTF? Nowhere does any article state he liked danger? He was an international guy who lived in different parts of the world while growing up.

Only the big pussies here who don't travel regularly assume doing business in multiple countries is inherently shady or dangerous

by Anonymousreply 356July 16, 2020 9:49 PM

I know someone who lives in the building and supposedly the killer was in the apartment like 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 357July 16, 2020 9:53 PM

Almost any shithole country is an upgrade from Bangladesh

by Anonymousreply 358July 16, 2020 9:54 PM

It takes time to drain a body.

by Anonymousreply 359July 16, 2020 9:57 PM

Some comments here are laughable. The one saying it can't be a professional hit because there was dismemberment is ridiculous. Many professional hits involve dismembering and getting rid of the body to avoid autopsy reports that would lead to the real cause of death and also cleaning the crime scene to rid of evidence, all of which are present in this case. The killer was interrupted by the sister and left the crime scene before the full job was done. Neighbors claim they heard yells, so he was caught by surprise, since police claim there's footage of the killer in the elevator with him and the elevator is private it's safe to assume he knew the killer and they both got in together. The chainsaw was most likely brought later so that the victim wouldn't suspect the man he was interacting with had second intentions. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 360July 16, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]Except for not getting on an elevator that leads directly to your apartment with a stranger dressed as a fucking ninja.

Who said the guy dressed as a ninja? Hyperbole much? The guy was wearing a suit and a mask, as in like everyone else in this pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 361July 16, 2020 10:16 PM

Today a radio report said police believe this was the result of a dispute with a business associate,

by Anonymousreply 362July 16, 2020 10:17 PM

Today a radio report said police believe this was the result of a dispute with a business associate,

by Anonymousreply 363July 16, 2020 10:17 PM

I also wondered about the fetching of the chainsaw. I mean, if he carried it in, wouldn't the guy be suspicious?

by Anonymousreply 364July 16, 2020 10:25 PM

It was an electrical saw, not a chainsaw - quite a difference.

by Anonymousreply 365July 16, 2020 10:31 PM

The article said the killer carried a black bag into the elevator with him, R364.

by Anonymousreply 366July 16, 2020 10:33 PM

This story will be the first episode of Chris Meloni's new Law & Order show.

by Anonymousreply 367July 16, 2020 10:45 PM

You’re probably right r367

by Anonymousreply 368July 16, 2020 10:55 PM

Maybe it was like that scene in the crime show Baptiste where the hitman said he was from a utility company and had to check something out in the unit. Then he could have a case or tool bag with him and the victim would not be suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 369July 16, 2020 10:59 PM

Do you think torture was involved? Was there getting of information before he was killed?

by Anonymousreply 370July 16, 2020 11:22 PM

He was born in Saudi, so it might be another cut and run job from MBS and probably involved Bangladesh Bank cyber heist in 2016. Wasn't he kinda tech savvy? Yes, the Bangladesh Bank wanted their money back!

He was kinda cute, I'd do him even though his cock was mutilated, but not after his body was dismembered though. RiP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 16, 2020 11:26 PM

Sorry about the paywall, R350. Try clearing your cache before accessing the article, that works for me. More info from a different article:

[quote] Detectives who reviewed building security footage saw that a day earlier, at 1:40 p.m., Saleh had been followed into the elevator by a man all in black, including a mask and hood. Saleh used a key fob needed to bring the elevator up to his apartment, which occupied the entire seventh floor. He appeared to grow uneasy when the person in black fumbled in the absence of ordinary elevator buttons. The two appear to exchange words but the camera in the elevator has no audio and detectives were not immediately able to discern what might have been said.

[quote]By that point, the elevator doors had closed, and the elevator was on its way up to the apartment, where Saleh would be trapped. When the doors opened, Saleh stepped off and turned right. The suspect came up right behind him and raised his hand, and Saleh crumpled to the floor. Detectives theorized he may have been incapacitated with a Taser.

[quote]The elevator doors closed, so what happened next was not captured on video. But an autopsy determined that Saleh was repeatedly and fatally stabbed in the torso before he was butchered.

(the NYT article says a stun gun was definitely used.)

I dunno, “repeatedly and fatally stabbed in the torso” seems excessive and doesn’t scream ‘professional hit’ to me.

by Anonymousreply 372July 16, 2020 11:36 PM

Hey, George G./R348, I was actually kidding.

Bitch, I was in Judo for a couple of years when I was a kid. I know ninjas aren't Chinese. For fuck sake! You ain't dealing with someone who thinks Agrabah is a real place and we should go bomb it like a lot of American ignoramuses said we should.

by Anonymousreply 373July 16, 2020 11:53 PM

Im curious if any jewelry or money was missing . Guys like this love to flash expensive watches and wads of cash. I still say trick gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 374July 16, 2020 11:57 PM

Part II of R372:

[quote] The killer seems to have waited overnight, allowing Saleh’s blood to coagulate, before setting to work with an electric saw. Despite its gruesomeness, “it was not a messy crime scene,” a detective noted. The detectives suspect that the killing may have been the result of a financial dispute with someone who either hired an assassin or did the murder themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375July 17, 2020 12:05 AM

I hope Netflix and Unsolved Mysteries is getting in there on the ground floor preparing an episode, this sounds too juicy not be be explored on an episode.

by Anonymousreply 376July 17, 2020 12:15 AM

ID Channel is probably already on it.

by Anonymousreply 377July 17, 2020 12:33 AM

Anyone have details on the Naomi Campbell connection?

by Anonymousreply 378July 17, 2020 12:36 AM

I haven't read all the posts. I read today that he created an app that allowed people to listen to conversations between people. The person who did this was a high ranking person in the Jail system. He thought the app was legal but in this case it wasn't and the high ranking person went to jail. That is what I have read.

by Anonymousreply 379July 17, 2020 1:16 AM

I used to love Unsolved Mysteries cheesy reenactments.

by Anonymousreply 380July 17, 2020 1:22 AM

If there's anything I learned from this thread, it's that the nouveau riche are the biggest fucking suckers ever.

Millions for a place where not only is the security shoddy but you have to wait your turn to use the elevator...

by Anonymousreply 381July 17, 2020 1:25 AM

If the killer was in the apartment 24 hours and had to leave quickly you’d think he might have left some kind of evidence. Maybe he left a fingerprint or a hair.

by Anonymousreply 382July 17, 2020 1:34 AM

24 hours? Did he bring a bag lunch?

by Anonymousreply 383July 17, 2020 1:36 AM

So, the video of the attack was the day before the sister arrived??

Is that what happened?

by Anonymousreply 384July 17, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] I still say trick gone wrong.

Tricking with ninjas is the hottest!

by Anonymousreply 385July 17, 2020 1:49 AM

Did he have any Uber Eats deliveries?

by Anonymousreply 386July 17, 2020 1:52 AM

Did he have any Uber Eats deliveries?

by Anonymousreply 387July 17, 2020 1:52 AM

R384 check out R35 it say the video of him on the elevator was on Monday and the body was discovered on Tuesday by his sister.

by Anonymousreply 388July 17, 2020 2:06 AM

Person of interest identified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389July 17, 2020 3:12 AM

Mehdi Dehbi as Fahim!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390July 17, 2020 3:35 AM

R224, that floor plan forces you into the bedroom to use the shitter - and it’s windowless. This was not a smart investment for dead entrepreneurs.

by Anonymousreply 391July 17, 2020 4:22 AM

Honor killing - the father ordered the hit because his son was transitioning into.......

by Anonymousreply 392July 17, 2020 10:03 AM

R392 may be joking, but the method does have marks of an honor killing. They do crap like that, throw acid in the face, cut off limbs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 393July 17, 2020 1:58 PM

If the killer were smart, he would have used the Chrissie Metz method of packing a snack purse for such a long, gruelling job.

by Anonymousreply 394July 17, 2020 2:01 PM

didn't see this happening. his personal assistant was just arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 17, 2020 2:07 PM

Exactly R360! I've seen enough crime documentaries involving murder that leaving a body is the biggest piece of evidence for police to analyze! Cutting it up into pieces makes it a lot easier to smuggle out of the building without anyone being the wiser.

This was a professional hit, not a random murder. But veteran DL sleuths knew that WAAAAY before the police announced it.

by Anonymousreply 396July 17, 2020 2:09 PM

The NY Times has reported that the guy’s personal assistant, Tyrese Haspil, has been arrested. Theory is the murdered employer discovered that his assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from him. Interestingly, he did not report the theft to the police but set up a repayment plan with the assistant. Could that be because they had more than a work relationship. Assistant killed him, left, and cane back the next day to chop him up and clean up the place.

by Anonymousreply 397July 17, 2020 2:09 PM

I got a NY Times alert but can’t find the story on the web pages of the Times yet.

by Anonymousreply 398July 17, 2020 2:12 PM

The dead guy should have reported the theft to the police...he tried to keep it quiet and let the employee pay it back...which goes to show...no good deed goes unpunished.

The employee is a theft, they don't want to pay for it!

by Anonymousreply 399July 17, 2020 2:13 PM

Times story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400July 17, 2020 2:15 PM

i thought he knew his killer. Didn't really buy that its a professional hit. I think the police intentionally put it out there as a 'hit' as red herring.

by Anonymousreply 401July 17, 2020 2:17 PM

DL Detectives, are you even close to cracking the case??

by Anonymousreply 402July 17, 2020 2:19 PM

Tyrese is a 21yo ripped black boy.

by Anonymousreply 403July 17, 2020 2:19 PM

his medium page is all about making money in business and starting new "get rich" projects.

by Anonymousreply 404July 17, 2020 2:21 PM

the alleged murderer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 17, 2020 2:26 PM

On his Instagram page, Tyrese describes himself as a "gourmand". It's official, the murderer is gay.

by Anonymousreply 406July 17, 2020 2:26 PM

all his social media accounts are private. any of you NY homos friends with him on insta or twitter?

by Anonymousreply 407July 17, 2020 2:29 PM

I wonder if BOTH of them were gay?

by Anonymousreply 408July 17, 2020 2:31 PM

don't know if he's gay but his FB likes don't indicate that he is.

by Anonymousreply 409July 17, 2020 2:32 PM

Self-promotion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 17, 2020 2:40 PM

So instead of an intriguing international mystery with stealth, chainsaw-wielding ninjas, we have some dumbass assistant who owed him money and figured he wouldn’t get caught. Sigh. I feel cheated.

by Anonymousreply 411July 17, 2020 2:53 PM

the guy watched too many episodes of Sopranos. chopping up the body lol.

by Anonymousreply 412July 17, 2020 2:57 PM

They had to have been fucking or else the victim would have gone to the police the second he found out homie there was stealing from him. Told ya,trick gone bad !

by Anonymousreply 413July 17, 2020 3:01 PM

Never trust someone who tells you way too soon in the conversation that he is an entrepreneur. They almost never are and never will be.

by Anonymousreply 414July 17, 2020 3:09 PM

The assistant angle kinda works. The boss's intention to let him pay it back on an installment plan was not a good idea. I am sure the assistant had already blown what he stole and now he is on the hook for it? He probably felt entitled to a cut and resented being told that he had to pay it back. I know some people like this. They think money stole is the same thing as money earned.

by Anonymousreply 415July 17, 2020 3:13 PM

R415? The word you should have used is "stolen."

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 416July 17, 2020 3:17 PM

He must have treated this personal assistant horribly for the guy to murder him over "tens of thousands" of dollars. It wasn't millions. Also like r415 said, people steal because they feel entitled to it. One reason they feel entitled to it is if they are being treated badly.

by Anonymousreply 417July 17, 2020 3:49 PM

R392/393, maybe don't go to Pamela Geller for all things "Muslim"

by Anonymousreply 418July 17, 2020 4:02 PM

R417 are you by any chance black ?

by Anonymousreply 419July 17, 2020 4:06 PM

Black Lives Matter!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 17, 2020 4:12 PM

I'm so relieved that the Nigerian prince is innocent!

by Anonymousreply 421July 17, 2020 4:15 PM

Oh, Tyrese! No.

by Anonymousreply 422July 17, 2020 4:41 PM

My apologies to Saleh for thinking that he was linked to organized crime or drug trafficking.

He was a very decent person to try to help his assistant pay back what he had stolen, rather than turning him into the police.

No good deed goes unpunished.

"Quos amo deum mori iuvenibus".

by Anonymousreply 423July 17, 2020 6:32 PM

"Stultus est sicut stultus facit"

by Anonymousreply 424July 17, 2020 7:36 PM

Tyrese seems to be cut from the same bullshit-riddled cloth as as the diseased, but more greedy. and short-term in his outlook.

The whole electric saw, blood draining, etc. sounds more professional than what a bullshitting assistant would have the skills to do. If Tyrese has been stealing and worked as an assistant, he's not going to have resources for a hit man. The taser expels tags with his name--he may have bought the taser but didn't necessarily use it. One question would be whether he was in the apartment for 24 hours and whether someone else could have come/gone to do the sawing/draining.

by Anonymousreply 425July 17, 2020 8:05 PM

They said at the press conference today that Haspil was the victim's executive assistant and "handled his finances and personal matters." If that's true, why on earth would someone with Saleh's wealth have his money managed by a 21-year-old? That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 426July 17, 2020 8:06 PM

Tyrese Haspil is not only a Limited Liability Company, he has an uplifiting and affirmative mission statement: "Move Mountains, Together."

He also saw "American Psycho" one too many times.

by Anonymousreply 427July 17, 2020 8:10 PM

Hapsil had worked for him since he was 16, so 5 years r426, there was trust there. Of course misplaced trust since the guy murdered him.

by Anonymousreply 428July 17, 2020 8:14 PM

Saleh was an idiot. He monetized/tech-ed things that weren't very imaginative---I mean prank calls? He was not a genius, just a grifter. I met a lot of people like this when I lived in Atlanta. They tended to be douchebags. His one saving grace was his generosity to family, but I'm guessing they never let him out of their clutches.

by Anonymousreply 429July 17, 2020 8:15 PM

This was also the original ending of The Devil Wears Prada, but test audiences found Anne Hathaway murdering and dismembering Meryl Streep with an electric saw to dark, so they changed it.

by Anonymousreply 430July 17, 2020 8:18 PM

The problem would be audiences would rather see Streep take a saw to AnnE r430.

by Anonymousreply 431July 17, 2020 8:20 PM

Or, the deceased (not diseased, love you Rwhoever)pulled out of a verbal agreement because that’s entrepreneurship and the family is laying everything on the killer. “The killer also bought Jimmy Choo with my card!”

by Anonymousreply 432July 17, 2020 8:21 PM

Did his assistant really think there was any chance he was going to get away with this?

Now all you have done is take someone's life and ruin your own life.

by Anonymousreply 433July 17, 2020 8:24 PM

It's remarkable that a 21 year old handled his finances which leads me to believe that there was more to the relationship than employer/employee. And Haspil's not the brightest sort. He used his credit card to buy the saw, cleaning supplies, and transportation to and from the apartment. Surely, in their 5 year history Saleh must have noticed Haspil wasn't the the sharpest knife in the block yet he still gave him access and control over his finances. Yeah, the were involved.

I wonder how many times he was stabbed. Enough for it to be considered a crime of passion? Maybe Haspil felt he was owed those 10s of thousands as his BF/partner and just took it only for Saleh to find out and drop the dime on him? Pay up or I go to the cops...

All speculation, of course.

by Anonymousreply 434July 17, 2020 8:34 PM

make of it what you will . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435July 17, 2020 8:45 PM

Was Tyrese 16 when he started to work for Saleh?

But yeah, a bad break-up could have been followed-up by a desire for palimony. But where do you get saw and drain training? Perhaps, Tyrese may have been a lot smarter than the bullshit on his social media would suggest.

by Anonymousreply 436July 17, 2020 8:48 PM

Yeah, LinkedIn would have exotic game field dress experience.

by Anonymousreply 437July 17, 2020 8:57 PM

They just said on the news that Haspil owed Saleh more than a hundred thousand dollars. They also showed the outside of the luxury apartment building overlooking Prospect Park that Haspil lived in on the money he was making from working for Saleh. Just crazy I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 438July 17, 2020 9:04 PM

So the reports now say it was a cousin who found him, not his sister.

by Anonymousreply 439July 17, 2020 9:12 PM

R436 - Tyrese probably got the idea from Khassoggi murder and dismemberment. And there's probably information on how to do it online. It's the sort of thing the deep web was made for. The police have probably already found his search history.

Irony is that he'd likely still be free if he'd enticed Saleh into an alley at night and stabbed him and left him there. How many of those go unsolved? Sure he'd be questioned and since he's not too bright the police would eventually implicate him or get him to confess.

Damn. Talk about the most imperfect crime from conception to implementation and timing.

by Anonymousreply 440July 17, 2020 9:13 PM

Tyrese wore a *designer* black 3-piece suit to murder his ex-boss/bf.

[quote]Haspil appears to have expensive tastes, as reflected not just by the black designer suit that police say he wore to the murder scene but also by the numerous Louis Vuitton items he posted for sale on Tradesy.com, including a pair of $660 shoes, which he marked down from $795.

(They don’t say which designer though.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441July 17, 2020 9:16 PM

What stupid person has a 21 year old as their personal assistant and who handles their money? Talk about dumb OR there was something else going on.

I think the latter. This is just too weird for there not be something else going on.

If he had hired 53 year old Marge from the staffing agency as his assistant, none of this would have happened. Let this be a lesson for all of us. Marges get shit done.

by Anonymousreply 442July 17, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote]r190 Wouldn’t you finish bagging the body before cleaning up?

I've honestly never thought about it - -

by Anonymousreply 443July 17, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote]r202 Not only that but [the French killer] elaborately, and lovingly, prepared the bodies, buried them with mementos in a shrine like way all in the backyard under the deck.

Surely a tasteful friend.

by Anonymousreply 444July 17, 2020 9:22 PM

[Quote]Investigators ran a credit-card check and determined that Haspil’s was used to buy a saw and cleaning supplies from a nearby Home Depot the day after the murder. His card was even used to pay for rides to and from the crime scene, a law-enforcement source said.

by Anonymousreply 445July 17, 2020 9:26 PM

God, he really was a fucking idiot r445. Or maybe he was never trying to get away with it, expected to be caught.

by Anonymousreply 446July 17, 2020 9:30 PM

[quote]Irony is that he'd likely still be free if he'd enticed Saleh into an alley at night and stabbed him and left him there.

This is actually why I think for once people may be right that something else was going on between them. If it was just about money, Haspil would've gotten it done quick and simple as R440 suggested. But the way he killed him indicates to me there was a lot of rage -- i.e., emotion -- in every hack of that knife. He clearly hated him either because of the way he'd been treated as an assistant or as a lover and my guess would be the latter.

by Anonymousreply 447July 17, 2020 9:31 PM

21 years old? Handling all that money? From the time he was 16? Something else was definitely going on there. Like laundering some of that money?

by Anonymousreply 448July 17, 2020 9:32 PM

I don't know why they keep calling Saleh brilliant and what not. He hired a kid to be his assistant (of course, the kid was just a less successful version of him and probably an underage lover) and he mostly was a master of the obvious who didn't think things through---prank calling app---there's a reason people don't do this anymore; Uber in Nigeria--a lot of people will happily put a foreigner out of business.

by Anonymousreply 449July 17, 2020 9:46 PM

[quote]r283 It was an electric saw, morons, not a chainsaw.

Like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450July 17, 2020 9:52 PM

Make that "had".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451July 17, 2020 9:56 PM

I'm predicting a "rough sex gone wrong" defense.

by Anonymousreply 452July 17, 2020 9:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453July 17, 2020 10:02 PM

Absolutely lovers--Saleh adored living on the edge & their affair kept both of them high, in the literal sense, and intellectually, because it will never be revealed as such, and they did the "bro" horseshit as what they thought was a perfect deflection.

It wasn't really about money--Saleh thought that by asking Tyrese to pay back the funds that that would be the proverbial kick in the butt to help Tyrese to step up to the plate and start at least acting like a responsible, mature adult . . . but since Tyrese, with Saleh's blessing, had his fingers (and hands!) in every aspect of Saleh's life it was not about to happen ever, in this lifetime. That's what it was ultimately about, a clash of wills, and who would ultimately prevail, in every sense of the word.

Although Tyrese was beholden to Saleh in so many ways, Saleh was always aware that Tyrese was physically his superior, and that's where much of the fire came from in their relationship. Add to that the age difference, it was an ultra-volatile situation that would ultimately destroy both of them, although both of them denied it often, consciously and not.

Saleh knew that this might happen some day; during especially athletic love-making, he flashed to that possibility, as both of them lay back, sweat-drenched, drained. But Saleh would not give up his toy, and certainly Tyrese would not willingly, ever. In the end it was Tyrese's ultimate statement of "If I can't have him, no one can"; the intensity of his final moments/hours with Saleh speak volumes of their ultimate entanglement with each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 17, 2020 10:13 PM

I had to laugh when I saw he used a credit card. So stupid. Nothing you buy to kill someone should be done in anything but cash and if you're required to show ID to purchase your weapon of choice, think of another way to kill someone. Just a helpful hint.

by Anonymousreply 455July 17, 2020 10:16 PM

He likely expected to have finished the cleaning and removing of the body parts before anybody checked up on the victim. Perhaps another couple of hours and he would have finished the job too. Then people would have likely assumed he just went missing somewhere else rather than he was killed and dismembered in his own apartment.

by Anonymousreply 456July 17, 2020 10:17 PM

I heard the news while driving in my car & I confess I was disappointed that it was something so ordinary - someone close to him killed him - rather than the Filipino Mafia or some elaborate scheme that DL dreamed up.

by Anonymousreply 457July 17, 2020 10:17 PM

Not only would I have kept his books without any of this drama, I would have also murdered him without leaving the police a trail of crumbs straight to my door

by Anonymousreply 458July 17, 2020 10:27 PM

R458 the Marges of the world were the ones who birthed and raised the Karens of the world.

Other than that, though...

by Anonymousreply 459July 17, 2020 10:44 PM

A mundane motive for a sensational crime...but why the sensational part? What was the point of making a two day project of attempting to dismember and dispose of the body? Did he just want to represent himself as a nefarious villain just at he made a half-assed effort at presenting himself as an entrepreneur? If he was not going to make the least effort to cover his tracks and deflect attention upon himself, them why try to make the body vanish?

by Anonymousreply 460July 17, 2020 10:47 PM

He was cut cute and sorta hot - especially the tank top pic.

Black, cute, on the come up, poor financial decisions, and in end overly dramatic and crazy. This has Atlanta queen written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 461July 17, 2020 10:49 PM

So, it seems we owe an apology to the Ninja community.

by Anonymousreply 462July 17, 2020 10:50 PM

I was prepared to think he was involved in some shady shit, but it sounds like he only made the mistake of not pursuing charges against a criminal employee.

by Anonymousreply 463July 17, 2020 10:52 PM

I can't get over the fact that he was so young and deep into this business. I guess I shouldn't be - I'm 47 and and 21 seems really young.

I agree with the poster upthread - this was supposed to be an intriguing plot involving international money laundering, ninjas, professional hits and he like. It's just his assistant who didn't want to pay money back. Unless those two things are layered on top of each other.

Anyway, it really is the perfect L&O episode.

by Anonymousreply 464July 17, 2020 10:55 PM

I can't believe no one has yet MARY!'d R454.

by Anonymousreply 465July 17, 2020 10:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466July 17, 2020 10:57 PM

[quote] He must have treated this personal assistant horribly for the guy to murder him over "tens of thousands" of dollars. It wasn't millions. Also like [R415] said, people steal because they feel entitled to it. One reason they feel entitled to it is if they are being treated badly.

So, what you're telling us is that, even without any evidence, you're already sure it was Fahim Saleh's [italic]own fault[/italic] he was murdered and dismembered.

by Anonymousreply 467July 17, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote]Investigators ran a credit-card check and determined that Haspil’s was used to buy a saw and cleaning supplies from a nearby Home Depot the day after the murder. His card was even used to pay for rides to and from the crime scene, a law-enforcement source said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468July 17, 2020 11:07 PM

The point of making it a two day project, R460, was to let the body coagulate overnight, thus making dismemberment less messy (according to one article I read.)

by Anonymousreply 469July 17, 2020 11:11 PM

If he had been successful in carrying out the body parts and cleaning before anybody noticed he could have gotten away with it.

by Anonymousreply 470July 17, 2020 11:16 PM

I doubt it, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 471July 17, 2020 11:21 PM

Somebody developed a methy habit and somebody else said,”Are those burn marks on your lips?” and very quick decisions were made.

by Anonymousreply 472July 17, 2020 11:24 PM

Gotten away how, R470?

Why chop up and dispose of the body at all?

There could be a reason for, say, a spouse to do that and the case becomes one of a missing person, Gone Girl style. But what was the advantage to the business assistant of not just leaving the body and making it look like a burglary or another sort of crime?

It's just that it takes some fucking time and determination to chop apart a human body, even when taking no care of keeping things tidy and clean. It's an enormous fucking level of effort to dismember a human and I don't see what possible advantage it offered the killer.

Why go through all the difficult and gory process to be meticulous but to be entirely careless about security cameras, credit card receipts, Uber receipts, covering up the theft from his employer.

Was he that fucking stupid? Or did he just want to practice his Dexter moves?

by Anonymousreply 473July 17, 2020 11:27 PM

He could have gotten away with if it weren't for that meddling sister!

by Anonymousreply 474July 17, 2020 11:28 PM

[quote] If he had been successful in carrying out the body parts and cleaning before anybody noticed he could have gotten away with it.

...if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

by Anonymousreply 475July 17, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] If he had been successful in carrying out the body parts and cleaning before anybody noticed he could have gotten away with it.

...if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

by Anonymousreply 476July 17, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] Why chop up and dispose of the body at all?

Are you serious? This has been answered already here. To rid of evidence. Without a body, you don't have a cause of death not even a murder, you can't be this clueless.

by Anonymousreply 477July 17, 2020 11:47 PM

Where did all this Ninja nonsense come from? Wasn't he just wearing a black designer suit and (like many people these days) facemask?

by Anonymousreply 478July 17, 2020 11:47 PM

This his guy is making Michael Alig look like a Mensa member.

by Anonymousreply 479July 17, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote] Where did all this Ninja nonsense come from? Wasn't he just wearing a black designer suit and (like many people these days) facemask?

Stupid tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 480July 17, 2020 11:49 PM

R478 One source said he was wearing a black hat, another said it was a black hood. What I don’t get is why would he dress in a ‘3-piece designer suit’ to carry out a stabbing murder?

by Anonymousreply 481July 17, 2020 11:54 PM

A black guy wore a designer suit to not look suspicious, isn't it obvious? They had conflicting information, because now we know he came back the next day with a gray hoodie to finish his work. I've finally finishes the NYT article and it does some the guy is very stupid. He even paid for the taser with his credit car, so R473 does have a point, I stand corrected. This psychopath is just a fool. People tend to associate psychopaths and sociopaths as very smart people but there are just as many stupid ones out there, they're just not smart enough to commit crimes, as we can see.

So the article says he was 16 when he started as his assistance. Is there some undertone sexual thing going on? it does some very harsh of a crime for a 90k debt that wasn't even reported to the police.

by Anonymousreply 482July 17, 2020 11:59 PM

I condole you, R457. Better luck next time!

by Anonymousreply 483July 18, 2020 12:06 AM

Apparently reading the NYT article comments, many people also suspect of some sort of sexual relationship. I think this is possible. Well see.

by Anonymousreply 484July 18, 2020 12:08 AM

Huh r470? He had zero chance of getting away with it even if he had made the body disappear.

He was literally on camera entering and exiting. He has a damn uber record of arriving and leaving. It didn't take Sherlock Holmes to solve this crime.

by Anonymousreply 485July 18, 2020 12:11 AM

He wore a designer suit so he could hail a cab for his getaway.

by Anonymousreply 486July 18, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote] Daisy Arlington VA 2h ago Fahim in no way deserved to die, this is horrific. But on a totally separate thought, how was it possible this 21-year old was qualified to manage the savvy entrepreneur’s multimillion dollar budget or navigate complex business relationships, etc., on the victim’s behalf? Something just seems way off. Not victim-blaming or trying to be ageist just genuinely curious how that whole relationship worked.

People are waking up. There's a sexual connection here, clearly. You hire a 16 year old as your "assistant" and then in less than 4 years he's handling millions in your company. Yeah, that doesn't seem fishy at all.

[quote] He wore a designer suit so he could hail a cab for his getaway.

He was stupid enough to uber his way out.

by Anonymousreply 487July 18, 2020 12:14 AM

DLers invaded the NYT comments section:

[quote] Rism. Brooklyn NY 3h ago Something doesn’t add up — why would you hire a 16 YO to be your personal assistant? (There are lots of college grads out there, who need jobs!) The victim was 28 when he hired the killer who was 16 at the time. You could easily hire a virtual assistant who is in their 20s and 30s with a proper training and background checked status. The victim sounded like he would have had enough money to hire someone and pay them well? Personally, I would not hire a teenager to touch any of my business financial stuff...

[quote] Russ Flush the turd November 3rd 2h ago @Rism Really easy to work out....Fahim hired a twink (Tyrese) he slept with and fancied to become his PA. It went wrong, badly wrong.

🤣

by Anonymousreply 488July 18, 2020 12:19 AM

Which DLer left this comment on the NYT website, typos are they are in the origianl

[quote] I am just going to write it out. There’s something really fishy about this case. Hires a boy at the age of 16. To be his personal assistant. Fine you give him part time work so then he could spend the rest of his time with his peers and having a normal teenage life wouldn’t you? But perhaps that didn’t happen. So the CEO burdens a child with many responsibilities. Why? When you can hire so many adults with several degrees. Perhaps the CEO did not pay the child they gave the child food and shelter? Why haven’t we learned more about the criminal and murderer? Where are his parents? I am saying this because it took 25 years to find out the philanthropic Jeffrey Epstein… The philanthropic Harvey Weinstein… The philanthropic Jared from subway sandwiches… The philanthropic Michael Jackson… When you can hire the best and you choose to hire a 16-year-old. Nypd r choosing to look no more inti this? Look the other way just as they did about Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein when the victims begged and pleaded to do more..

I’m just asking for a thorough investigation and pray that I am totally wrong and abhorrent. But the killing shows an intense hatred. Why? And why put such responsibilities and burdens of this kind of job to such a young person? Robbed the criminal and murderer of aNormal childhood. Why? If it was all good intentions I trust, but then you understand the CEO was grooming to create a murderer?.

by Anonymousreply 489July 18, 2020 12:19 AM

Maybe personal assistant is just code name for boytoy?

by Anonymousreply 490July 18, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote] typos are they are in the origianl

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 491July 18, 2020 12:27 AM

Did he die a "horrific death" as many articles say. He wasn't cut up with the saw while alive. Wasn't the actual murder relatively quick? I mean, the situation is obviously horrific, but, gladly, he wasn't slowly killed.

by Anonymousreply 492July 18, 2020 12:29 AM

Well he was tasered and then stabbed to death R492

by Anonymousreply 493July 18, 2020 12:33 AM

Okay, that IS horrific. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 494July 18, 2020 12:52 AM

This assistant sounds like a hack.

by Anonymousreply 495July 18, 2020 12:52 AM

It wasn't stealing, it was REPARATIONS!

by Anonymousreply 496July 18, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]I heard the news while driving in my car & I confess I was disappointed that it was something so ordinary - someone close to him killed him - rather than the Filipino Mafia or some elaborate scheme that DL dreamed up.

Bitch please! This is is so much juicier than a boring action movie plot. Tyrese clearly didn't give a fuck about getting caught, a crime of PASSION!

I cant wait until Tyrese takes the stand and confesses that he was laying his good pipe DEEP in Fahim for years. So good that Fahim let him fuck up his money and had him laid up in his own fancy apartment with designer clothes. Poor Fahim was so dickmatized it cost him his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497July 18, 2020 12:58 AM

Maybe not so gay - DM has photos of suspect with "mysterious woman" near the site of the slaying.

by Anonymousreply 498July 18, 2020 12:59 AM

Doesn’t the tasing work as a bit of an anesthetic though, and feeling the knife plunges isn’t as bad?

by Anonymousreply 499July 18, 2020 1:00 AM

yassss r461. TBH both Tyrese and Fahim sound like they had stunt queen/finesse tendencies which probably bonded them. They clearly had a meaningful relationship if Fahim could not let this guy go after stealing that much money. You have to be a little crazy and enjoy danger and they both likely did.

Tyrese even reminds me of another stunt queen, Tyrone Hankerson, who was stealing money down at the financial aid office! Are we sure they aren't related?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 18, 2020 1:18 AM

"But the killing shows an intense hatred"

Not hatred, but resentment. The unequal relationship, the job at the firm, the money, Everything in his life was centered around Saleh. Then the reprimand for taking what was rightfully his. And of course, the only way he could pay it back was to continue the relationship with Saleh. Furthering his indentured status, but now he was one more rung down the ladder.

by Anonymousreply 501July 18, 2020 1:28 AM

Tyrese was arrogant. It’s very hard to get way with murder these days.

by Anonymousreply 502July 18, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote]DM has photos of suspect with "mysterious woman" near the site of the slaying.

Sort of a "butch sous chef" type?

by Anonymousreply 503July 18, 2020 2:03 AM

If you take an uber to the murder scene I don't think it even qualifies as trying to get away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 504July 18, 2020 2:04 AM

agree w r501, the resentment boiled over and he just lost it. The fact that Saleh had control over his fate in either instance probably sent him over the edge. They might have been intimate, but if not Saleh was likely attracted to this young man and knew working off the debt was a way to keep him on a leash. It will be very interesting to see the details unfold. I think the assistant had dirt on Saleh as well, especially if they were messing around while the assistant was still underage.

by Anonymousreply 505July 18, 2020 2:10 AM

Basically, I think Saleh didn’t want his intrusive family knowing the truth about him and that’s what Tyrese was holding over him. Saleh family probably would have disowned him or at least he was afraid of that. The payment plan probably was not a good enough solution to being dumped and the theft—-interesting to know if Tyrese was dumped before or after the theft). Tyrese made obvious mistakes, but Saleh was hardly the next Bezos. Of course prank calls will lead to legal troubles. And of course blundering around in foreign countries can lead to problems. If he met Tyrese at age 16, how did he hookup with someone who lived out in the suburbs?

by Anonymousreply 506July 18, 2020 2:59 AM

[quote]Saleh family probably would have disowned him or at least he was afraid of that.

Sad if that was the truth. With his success, you'd think he'd just disown them!

[quote]If he met Tyrese at age 16, how did he hookup with someone who lived out in the suburbs?

Well I guess you could ask some people here how they got away with this stuff at 16. This story is captivating because they are both so young to have so much, entanglement. At 33, Saleh has got to be one of the youngest guys ever to have his own chapter in the book of, Killed By Rough Trade

by Anonymousreply 507July 18, 2020 3:39 AM

Jharrel Jerome as Tyrese!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 18, 2020 4:44 AM

Could Tyrese be Jussie's comeback roll?

by Anonymousreply 509July 18, 2020 4:50 AM

Too old r509, that bitch will have grey hair soon!

by Anonymousreply 510July 18, 2020 4:58 AM

Are we casting the movie or the L&O episode.

by Anonymousreply 511July 18, 2020 5:02 AM

R509 "Comeback roll"

Oh Dear

by Anonymousreply 512July 18, 2020 5:04 AM

In the movie, Quarantine would give cover if he had the victim’s phone to head off any planned visit from the sister.

Plus, he’d have to know her drop-in schedule after all these years; she had a key.

He did not have a key. The sister had a key and the assistant had to ride up on the victim’s key. They changed the locks on him and he didn’t expect it.

by Anonymousreply 513July 18, 2020 5:11 AM

Thinking back on it, he was a little suspect going back to freshmen year. (I can’t remember if 8th or 9th grade was his first year at our school). But the glaring red flag I distinctly remember is the very detailed and insane comics he’d make, detailing the “main character” either getting raped or raping someone else in a very explicit manor. Every “issue”, the same grotesque shit with rapes and murders. So he had a disturbing mind for as long as I knew him. It was creep and why I never really became friends with him beyond just “in class” friends if you know what I mean. Talk in class, but beyond that not really. Of course, the only two people who could verify the existence of this notebook with all his dark “stories” are in custody; he’s been arrested, and the other kid who knew about it (who actually was closer friends with him than I was) has also been arrested for murder about a year or two ago. Go figure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 18, 2020 5:17 AM

I want Faye Dunaway to play a worried neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 515July 18, 2020 5:28 AM

Who plays the sister. Something tells me Zoe Saldana will end up getting the role even if she's not really a match.

by Anonymousreply 516July 18, 2020 5:35 AM

Since there are two threads on this subject.....

Case solved.

You'd think people would do a better job of vetting personal assistants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517July 18, 2020 6:03 AM

This is not really a luxury condo. It was cheap by NYC standards and the layout is awful. There are buildings like this all over the city and it is usually “new money” foreigners who don’t care about design who buy into them. And keyed elevators are not secure. Tech savvy people know how to bypass the security features. Because NYC is pretty safe, it doesn’t happen often. Most people who live in $2 million condos don’t have anything of value to steal.

by Anonymousreply 518July 18, 2020 6:25 AM

I know. It was hard to find a decent 2 bedroom for under $3.5 million. I looked for 3 years and had to spend more.

But there are many shitty buildings that are filled with immigrants who don’t care about ceiling height or design. They prefer something new and poorly constructed.

by Anonymousreply 519July 18, 2020 6:29 AM

But for a poor kid from Bangladesh who grew up in Rochester, this place was probably glamorous.

by Anonymousreply 520July 18, 2020 6:32 AM

So, looking into the past of the killer, are there any other unexplained disappearance he was adjacent too?

by Anonymousreply 521July 18, 2020 7:41 AM

The perp took bosses credit card, rented a car, drove to Home Depot on 23rd to buy stuff to clean up mess.

by Anonymousreply 522July 18, 2020 10:43 AM

[quote]I know. It was hard to find a decent 2 bedroom for under $3.5 million. I looked for 3 years and had to spend more.

R519, will you marry me?

by Anonymousreply 523July 18, 2020 11:13 AM

[quote]Why chop up and dispose of the body at all? [R470]

[quote]Are you serious? This has been answered already here. To rid of evidence. Without a body, you don't have a cause of death not even a murder, you can't be this clueless. [R477]

Yes, yes, no body no crime. Sometimes. But in this case without a body the police would quickly have assumed foul play, they would have found blood evidence in the apartment (because our perp just isn't very good with the details), they would have found the security tapes from the apartment building, they would have noticed the precariousness of his business and looked into that as well as personal emails. With a business with seemingly only one other employee, who had access to financial records and who appears to have had a taste for things above his means and background. They would have found out the business of the stolen money within hours. The sister/s probably had her own thoughts on Tyrese Haspil. Haspil's credit card statements show him going to and coming from his boss' home at the time of the "disappearance"; they show him buying hardware of a sort that a business manager needs less than a murderer looking to dispose of a body does. Haspil's phone probably also places him at Saleh's apartment. There's the purported use of a taser....

There is a mountain of evidence without a body and the easy suspects were 1.) local family members and 2.) Tyrese Haspil. It's as if he wanted to chop apart and dispose of the body as an end unto itself, not as a necessary means to an end.

Disposing of the body is what you do when you kill your husband and know that you will be a suspect, then you say "He wasn't himself, something was bothering him when he came home and then he rushed out and I never saw him again" and take on the role of the victim. Lennie Briscoe could have solved the case between a wisecrack and cup of coffee—and without a body.

The killer in this case would not have gotten away with a thing had he disposed of the body.

by Anonymousreply 524July 18, 2020 11:25 AM

Ah, so it was someone he knew, and an idiot kid who didn't think this through. Explains a lot, really.

by Anonymousreply 525July 18, 2020 11:25 AM

The suspect should write a book on how to get away with a murder.

by Anonymousreply 526July 18, 2020 1:24 PM

From R514, Tyrece's dark comic's main character was "either getting raped or raping someone else." So I assume that means the main character was a guy who gets raped by another guy.

by Anonymousreply 527July 18, 2020 1:47 PM

Tyrese should have known how intrusive Saleh's family was---he was their meal ticket, too and half the extend family probably had key fobs. I doubt that they were poor. Not cheap to move to the US from Bangladesh--they weren't walking a trail through Mexico from Guatemala. I'll bet the father was some sort of STEM type.

by Anonymousreply 528July 18, 2020 1:56 PM

So who plays Saleh? Dev Patel? Hasan Minhaj?

Aziz Ansari is manic enough to play the kind of guy who's got a million projects going at once, but he's not someone you'd really like to see naked, unlike Minhaj, who's sexy as fuck

Kal Penn is too old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529July 18, 2020 2:11 PM

He's too beautiful r529

by Anonymousreply 530July 18, 2020 2:25 PM

What is the name of the film?

I think "The Dismemberment Plan" is great, but maybe too on the nose. Plus, the band of the same name might have to agree to it.

by Anonymousreply 531July 18, 2020 2:51 PM

Pretty good for first out of the gate, r531.

by Anonymousreply 532July 18, 2020 2:56 PM

This misunderstood yute may very well become budget director for a major political action committee.

Panicked dismemberment of an employer after witnessing said employer falling on a blade several times is only one chapter in this young man’s life. There is apparently a steep learning curve.

All he has to do is remind everyone the pomsky was not present for any unpleasantness and receives grief therapy

by Anonymousreply 533July 18, 2020 3:32 PM

This is a major moment for Pomskies.

by Anonymousreply 534July 18, 2020 3:34 PM

Aziz Ansari can be kind of annoying which would probably give dimension to Saleh, whose probably not the tech God his family wants to claim he was.

We'd need to know (or fabricate more of a backstory to provide the lead-in to the killing. A gay Fatal Attraction in the workplace would work. It could start out with Saleh as the rising star and Tyrese as his paternalistic project. The hidden relationship, the nosy sisters (and cousin), the hidden sides of each---Saleh is too dumb to know why Uber hasn't worked in foreign countries (local graft and taxi cartels) or why prank calls aren't the thing they once were. Tyrese's domination fantasies could be revealed early on, while his behavior toward his boss seems adoring. Both will speak in entrepreneur-speak that will help make them more unlikeable, so that the stealing doesn't seem so bad, so that the murder can seem more dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 535July 18, 2020 4:20 PM

R530, It's Hollywood. He's supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 536July 18, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote]I think "The Dismemberment Plan" is great, but maybe too on the nose. Plus, the band of the same name might have to agree to it.

How about..."Cut and Run"?

by Anonymousreply 537July 18, 2020 4:33 PM

R529 I think Medhi Debhi is a good fit and he could pull off the emotionally heavy scenes way better than those guys. I also can easily envision him getting dicked down from the back by BBC, cause that's how it went down!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538July 18, 2020 4:58 PM

Who's gonna play Tyrese? I hope they don't default to Michael B. Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 539July 18, 2020 5:03 PM

R539 see R508

by Anonymousreply 540July 18, 2020 5:11 PM

That poor sister! In 2003 a Brazilian plastic surgeon killed/dismembered one of his former patients, and let me tell you...the pictures of the body can't be unseen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541July 18, 2020 9:16 PM

I dismembered momma.

by Anonymousreply 542July 18, 2020 9:33 PM

Donald Glover might be able to pull off Tyrese.

by Anonymousreply 543July 18, 2020 10:37 PM

Welcome to a very special episode of Chopped!

by Anonymousreply 544July 18, 2020 10:55 PM

I dismember Bwana

by Anonymousreply 545July 18, 2020 11:37 PM

R522, The trip to Home Depot was to buy electric saw and stuff to clean up. Tyree new coagulated blood would be easier to to clean-up.

by Anonymousreply 546July 18, 2020 11:42 PM

Will we learn that when Tyrece was 16 he met Fahim on a gay chat line?

by Anonymousreply 547July 19, 2020 12:02 AM

Chat lines were gone 5 years ago. One of them was probably an Insta-whore, maybe both.

by Anonymousreply 548July 19, 2020 2:36 AM

Dismember Me: Sex, Intrigue, and Elevator Key Access in New York City.

Starring Riz Ahmed and Michael B. Jordan.

Straight to Netflix due to a global pandemic!

by Anonymousreply 549July 19, 2020 4:12 AM

“Meat Me on the Seventh Floor”

by Anonymousreply 550July 19, 2020 4:48 AM

"I'll Be Back Tomorrow."

by Anonymousreply 551July 19, 2020 4:50 AM

"Fleeing Interruptions."

by Anonymousreply 552July 19, 2020 4:52 AM

"I Stabbed the Saleh ... But Did Not Kill The Cute Pomsky"

by Anonymousreply 553July 19, 2020 5:08 AM

An Affair to Dismember

by Anonymousreply 554July 19, 2020 5:09 AM

Stunt Queen Vol. 3

by Anonymousreply 555July 19, 2020 5:12 AM

"Kill My Bill - Volume 1"

by Anonymousreply 556July 19, 2020 5:21 AM

Two Men and a Pomsky.

by Anonymousreply 557July 19, 2020 5:32 AM

Dismembereance of a Things Past

by Anonymousreply 558July 19, 2020 5:47 AM

I Dismember Mama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559July 19, 2020 7:02 AM

Hollywood will of course change it into a male/female story... and with a happy ending

by Anonymousreply 560July 19, 2020 12:35 PM

You want a piece of that, bitches?!

by Anonymousreply 561July 19, 2020 1:22 PM

I'll bet the grieving family will want a big piece of the rights.

by Anonymousreply 562July 19, 2020 1:37 PM

Has the police pieced the puzzle together?

by Anonymousreply 563July 19, 2020 1:40 PM

Thanks to the sister/cousin, they aren't missing any pieces!

by Anonymousreply 564July 19, 2020 3:18 PM

"You're arm's off."

"No it isn't."

"Well what's that then?"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

by Anonymousreply 565July 19, 2020 3:21 PM

This thread is making me hungry for chop suey.

by Anonymousreply 566July 19, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote] "You're arm's off."

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 567July 19, 2020 3:56 PM

I'm naturally distrustful of siblings who can't go a day without talking to each other, but in this case it's a good thing the victims sister doesn't have a life of her own.

by Anonymousreply 568July 19, 2020 4:50 PM

People keep saying it was the sister who found him but all the news reports I've read said it was his cousin.

by Anonymousreply 569July 19, 2020 4:53 PM

Yummy

Condomints

by Anonymousreply 570July 19, 2020 5:02 PM

R568 It would have been a good thing if the sister had interrupted before he’d been killed and thwarted it. Her arrival and discovery did nothing to lead to the killer, the killer left a trail a mile wide that pointed to him. The sister is really a non entity.

by Anonymousreply 571July 19, 2020 5:26 PM

The sister cousin is just a nuisance, really. It would have been interesting to say the least to see the plethora of mistakes the killer would have made were he able to see this act through to completion.

by Anonymousreply 572July 19, 2020 5:28 PM

He was probably going to throw the limbs away in the garbage can in front of his own apartment building. After taking an Uber holding a very bulky suitcase.

Then take a couple more Ubers back and forth from the scene of the crime to his apartment to retrieve the electric saw and cleaning supplies, and throw them away in the same garbage can. All caught on street cameras.

by Anonymousreply 573July 19, 2020 5:32 PM

Hire a professional

by Anonymousreply 574July 19, 2020 5:34 PM

Then he was going to promptly start a thread on DL entitled, "Let's Be A 21 Year Old Personal Assistant In NYC That Just Murdered And Dismembered Their Boss. I'll Start."

by Anonymousreply 575July 19, 2020 5:35 PM

What about a musical version?

Could the Manhatten condo backdrop work for a Bollywood approach?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 19, 2020 7:35 PM

[quote]Will we learn that when Tyrece was 16 he met Fahim on a gay chat line?

I wanna know where they met too. I bet anything Tyrese lied and said he was 18, like all fast hussies do. He wanted those coins hunny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577July 19, 2020 10:28 PM

R568 They probably were supposed to meet up or something but when he didn't show or answer his phone she probably got concerned.

by Anonymousreply 578July 19, 2020 10:37 PM

Tyrese is pure evil. I'm disgusted. Does anybody know if Saleh had any friends? Or if he was dating?

by Anonymousreply 579July 19, 2020 11:52 PM

Accused killer Tyrese Devon Haspil was a quiet young man, at times annoying, but incapable of the cold-blooded murder of victim Fahim Saleh who was Tasered, stabbed, decapitated and dismembered last Monday, said the suspect’s aunt Marjorie Sine in an exclusive interview with the Daily News.

“I thought (police) made a mistake because he never showed his emotions,” said Sine, 52, of her nephew. “His behavior, the way he was, he acted nonchalantly. He would do whatever he wanted.”

Sine, who lives in Valley Stream, recounted Haspil’s difficult childhood, bouncing from one relative’s home to another before landing in a foster home. He was just a child when his mother was sent to a mental institution, and Haspil’s maternal grandmother was left to raise the boy until her death when he was just 12, Sine said.

Sine took the young boy in after his grandma’s death, but turned him over to a foster family at 17, as he became increasingly insolent. Haspil’s father died a year later.

“He wasn’t listening to me so he left,” said Sine, explaining that her nephew often stayed out late and disrespected her. “That’s what happened, we went to court. I couldn’t deal with it anymore.”

It was the last time she saw Haspil. She learned Friday of his arrest in the savage killing where he’s accused of taking a power saw to his 33-year-old boss, an international tech entrepreneur with ride-sharing businesses around the globe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580July 20, 2020 12:16 AM

Accused killer Tyrese Devon Haspil was a quiet young man, at times annoying, but incapable of the cold-blooded murder of victim Fahim Saleh who was Tasered, stabbed, decapitated and dismembered last Monday, said the suspect’s aunt Marjorie Sine in an exclusive interview with the Daily News.

“I thought (police) made a mistake because he never showed his emotions,” said Sine, 52, of her nephew. “His behavior, the way he was, he acted nonchalantly. He would do whatever he wanted.”

Sine, who lives in Valley Stream, recounted Haspil’s difficult childhood, bouncing from one relative’s home to another before landing in a foster home. He was just a child when his mother was sent to a mental institution, and Haspil’s maternal grandmother was left to raise the boy until her death when he was just 12, Sine said.

Sine took the young boy in after his grandma’s death, but turned him over to a foster family at 17, as he became increasingly insolent. Haspil’s father died a year later.

“He wasn’t listening to me so he left,” said Sine, explaining that her nephew often stayed out late and disrespected her. “That’s what happened, we went to court. I couldn’t deal with it anymore.”

It was the last time she saw Haspil. She learned Friday of his arrest in the savage killing where he’s accused of taking a power saw to his 33-year-old boss, an international tech entrepreneur with ride-sharing businesses around the globe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581July 20, 2020 12:16 AM

He might not have been unconscious while being stabbed. From CNN:

[quote]Saleh, according to the medical examiner, was stabbed five times in his neck and torso, had multiple incise wounds to his arms and left hand

^^that sounds like defensive wounds.

by Anonymousreply 582July 20, 2020 12:28 AM

If Tyrese's comic books had repeated murder and rape scenarios, you have to wonder if he violated the body.

That's a sad story. His mother had to be severely mentally ill to be permanently institutionalized. Even 20 years ago there simply wasn't bed space at state mental hospitals to accommodate need.

by Anonymousreply 583July 20, 2020 1:31 AM

Is it too soon to ask about his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 584July 20, 2020 4:46 AM

Sorry, but did anyone ask what was on his iPod yet?

by Anonymousreply 585July 20, 2020 5:18 AM

Could folks please start posting at the other linked thread? This one is getting hard to open on mobiles and some can't post at all depending on phone model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586July 20, 2020 5:48 AM

R547 the killer bought birthday balloons for his girlfriend with the credit card.

by Anonymousreply 587July 20, 2020 10:27 AM

What about Saleh? Friends? Girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 588July 20, 2020 10:58 AM

r586 linked to the wrong thread.

Let's continue here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589July 20, 2020 12:58 PM

DISMEMBERED BAJOUR!

by Anonymousreply 590July 20, 2020 2:43 PM

CLOSE

by Anonymousreply 591July 20, 2020 2:44 PM

THIS

by Anonymousreply 592July 20, 2020 2:44 PM

MOTHER

by Anonymousreply 593July 20, 2020 2:45 PM

FUCKER

by Anonymousreply 594July 20, 2020 2:45 PM

OUT!!!

by Anonymousreply 595July 20, 2020 2:45 PM

HEADLESS REGARDS TO FOREIGN BROADWAY!

by Anonymousreply 596July 20, 2020 2:46 PM

How many crazy people have done this kind of wicked shit the correct way under cover of quarantine?

by Anonymousreply 597July 20, 2020 3:22 PM

BYE BITCHES!

by Anonymousreply 598July 20, 2020 4:38 PM

BAJOUR BAJOUR!!

by Anonymousreply 599July 20, 2020 9:16 PM

Decapitated farewell!!

by Anonymousreply 600July 20, 2020 9:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!