Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melissa Reeves - FIRED!

Days of Our Lives has fired actress Melissa Reeves after the actress’ views on Black Lives Matter sparked a backlash among her co-stars and fans.

Earlier this week it was revealed that Reeves — who has played Jennifer Horton on the NBC sudser on and off for the past three decades — “liked” several anti-BLM posts from right-wing activist Candace Owens on Instagram.

Reeves’ Days co-star, Linsey Godfrey, wasted little time responding. After one Twitter user defended Reeves’ right to express her opinion, Godfrey countered, “Nah there is no difference of opinion on racism, homophobia, transphobia and xenophobia.”

When another fan noted that she found Reeves to be “completely lovely and non-judgmental” after encountering her at several Days fan events, Godfrey responded, “Yea but even the nicest people can have awful views. Plenty of nice people have awful moral compasses. I can’t associate w/ it because it makes me a hypocrite. I condemn all those hateful & harmful beliefs.”

This is not the first time Reeves has come under fire for her controversial views. Several years ago, she incurred the wrath of the LGBTQ community when she expressed support for antigay fast food chain Chick-fil-A, tweeting, “Land of the free and home of the brave. Love that we all appreciate free speech, right?”

The proprietor of the popular Instagram fan account “Days of Our Lives Classics,” condemned Reeves’ stance in an early Wednesday post. “Being a racist/bigot is not something we should tolerate/ignore/accept,” read the caption. “I know Missy is Days vet and a lot of us have loved her every since she came to Salem in 1985. But I just can’t support this kind of behavior. It’s not acceptable.”

Despite being on a production hiatus since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Days has enough original episodes banked to last into fall.

Reps for Days, NBC and Sony Pictures Television declined to comment for this story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 10, 2021 9:38 PM

Let her eat Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2020 7:06 AM

Is this news?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2020 7:08 AM

Can they fire her?

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2020 7:09 AM

Linky stinky, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2020 7:09 AM

If nothing else, it can be a second thread about this, R2.

The other one is almost full.

Plus, now it's official.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2020 7:10 AM

I misread the title as "Melissa Rivers", and had to wonder who had hired her and fired her.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2020 7:12 AM

I don't see this on TV Line anywhere. It is still up on Yahoo in a mirrored article.

Maybe Ausiello got conflicting reports or was told it was incorrect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2020 7:19 AM

Yes, now, it's Gabi's turn to be fired!

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2020 7:19 AM

Best thing for her really. Her prayer circle jerk was going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2020 7:29 AM

Her co-stars really came for her!

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2020 2:05 PM

The link at R7 doesn't work anymore so maybe they are still awaiting confirmation

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2020 2:07 PM

From Soap Opera Digest - she s NOT FIRED

TVLine.com quickly cleared up the confusion with the following statement: “Due to a technical error, a story was briefly published on TVLine on Monday evening — and has since surfaced on several of our partner feed, most notably Yahoo — that erroneously claims Days of our Lives has fired Melissa Reeves. The story is false. Melissa Reeves has not been fired from Days of our Lives. In the meantime, we apologize for the error.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2020 2:08 PM

Should be easy to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2020 2:08 PM

I love that she wasn't fired but TVLine had an article ready since the assumption in this climate is that she would be.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2020 2:11 PM

Lol... after this, she might as well be fired.

Because she's definitely CANCELLED.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2020 2:15 PM

NBC has just given a promotion to known homophobe Joy Reid, so there’s no reason they should fire Melissa Reeves.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2020 2:18 PM

Scott will make her stand up before her church's congregation and explain (in detail) her love of BBC to atone.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2020 4:46 AM

Kola B. says she won't be fired because of her online posts and likes because the conservatives over at Days, Sony and NBC don't think she's racist.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote] Kola B. says she won't be fired because of her online posts and likes because the conservatives over at Days, Sony and NBC don't think she's racist.

I 100% agree - they would lose their frau audience over this - and they can't afford to lose any more viewers

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2020 8:44 PM

[quote] I love that she wasn't fired

Are you a homophobic racist?

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2020 8:50 PM

The funny thing about TV Line's apology, quoted at R12, is that they blame it on a "technical error", yet the original article that got published contained the statement, "Reps for Days, NBC and Sony Pictures Television declined to comment for this story."

If TV Line actually contacted all three entities, then wouldn't someone at one (two or all three) of those entities have told them it was false?

Something doesn't wash here.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2020 5:33 AM

Are they waiting for Missy to give some half-hearted, half-assed "apology". Or maybe the show is trying to figure out what to do with her character. Jennifer wasn't set on being off-screen and Jack is still popular with Matthew Ashford presumably not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2020 5:47 AM

Don't they usually decline, r21.

And Jennifer can be killed off at any time, just like every other character on that show

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2020 9:51 AM

Jennifer can go off into the sunset with JJ for all I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2020 10:28 AM

Maybe she's just a bitch because all she has are the memories of Jason Brook's huge cock shooting a load all over her face.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2020 11:32 AM

Someone please tweet this photo over to Scott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2020 11:35 AM

Someone please send Missy something that's at least 10 inches and paste Jason's photo on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2020 7:32 PM

You do it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2020 7:36 PM

R26 and R27

You are a fool. LOL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29July 17, 2020 8:03 AM

The author of the article probably lied about her being fired in order to try and get her fired.

She should've known better and not liked those disgusting tweets.

by Anonymousreply 30July 17, 2020 8:28 AM

Kristin Alfonso has reportedly quit the show for good... is she a Rethug bitch too? I'd like to think she's leaving because she can't stand Missy.

by Anonymousreply 31July 17, 2020 7:16 PM

Can you imagine reading an article that says you were fired? Holy shit. My mind would be reeling

by Anonymousreply 32July 17, 2020 7:43 PM

Bitch deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 33July 17, 2020 8:13 PM

Not only has "Missy" allegedly hooked up with Jason Brooks she went steady with Jon Hensley (ATWT) for a few years before she married Scott Reeves

by Anonymousreply 34July 17, 2020 8:20 PM

Horrible actress, even by soap standards.

by Anonymousreply 35July 17, 2020 8:28 PM

Forgive me for not keeping up, but I thought everyone on "Days" was released from their contracts sometime earlier this year. Was that just due to COVID-19?

by Anonymousreply 36July 17, 2020 8:34 PM

R36 Yes, and no. Yes, they released everyone from their contracts back in November 2019, and no, it wasn't in relation to COVID-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2020 9:45 PM

Whatever happened to Jon Hensley?

I know he and Kelly got divorced

by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2020 11:50 PM

R38 He just got engaged in March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2020 12:03 AM

Scott is a very nice person. WE slept together a few times in 1992 when I worked with him at CBS> (I'm a male). I've no idea why they got married unless he was pressured into it. We periodically email and neither of us regret what happened.

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote] Scott is a very nice person. WE slept together a few times in 1992 when I worked with him at CBS.

Is that you, Chrissy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2020 1:03 AM

R40 confirms what I have always believed. Scott came onto Jason Brooks and was rebuffed.

by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2020 8:37 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2020 9:52 AM

'I’ve finished my reign at Days,' Vaughan said on the podcast, before referring to a controversial move by NBC with the soap opera.

Back in November, NBC released all of the Days of Our Lives cast members from their contracts as a cost-cutting measure, just before they renewed the show. Vaughan referred to their decision, adding, 'I’m taking a break, if you will. Days was going through a renewal negotiation and not knowing where they were going to go.' He added he was back to film Queen Sugar Season 5 for a week but they had to shut down production after just one week due to COVID-19. 'We were in full production and we had a conference call with the cast and Ava (DuVernay),' and they said there weren't enough cleaning supplies to keep the set safe so production was shut down. There is no indication when production will resume in New Orleans on the new season of Queen Sugar just yet.

He did give a shout-out to his fans on Days Of Our Lives, hinting that there's still a chance he might come back. 'I love you all, and it's never over, so I'm not gonna say it's over,' Vaughan said, adding he had a 'great opportunity' to star as Calvin on Queen Sugar. Greg added that he thought his time on Days of Our Lives, 'was coming to an end, anyway' but he still has episodes 'airing out.'

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2020 9:54 AM

[quote] He did give a shout-out to his fans on Days Of Our Lives, hinting that there's still a chance he might come back

Carlivati's also tweeted, indicating he'd welcome Greg back.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2020 8:05 PM

His reign?

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2020 10:39 PM

His butt deserves it's own principality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2020 10:27 PM

If Melissa was ever fired would Mary Beth Evans allow her to come on her show for actors whose careers and 15 minutes over but haven't accepted it or would Sean Kanan try to get her on his show?

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2020 2:31 AM

Is that Greg at R47?

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2020 2:34 AM

R49 Yes. That's Greg. It's from the third installment of the Poison Ivy movie franchise: "Poison Ivy: The New Seduction" (1997). I'm not sure if his butt appears in all copies of the film, as they later released an "unrated" version with some added material when a collection of the four movies in the series was sold.

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2020 3:42 AM

Thank you, R50.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2020 3:49 AM

It’s for real this time. She’s being replaced by Candy McClain (AMC, ATWT).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2020 9:38 PM

*Cady

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2020 9:39 PM

Temporary.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2020 9:57 PM

Once Cady’s episodes start airing, everyone should swarm all social media platforms singing her praises (whether she deserves it or not). It may persuade Corday, NBC and Sony to make the “temporary” replacement permanent.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2020 11:11 PM

It seems this more about Melissa Reeves not wanting to commute during a pandemic, rather than a backlash to her criticism of BLM

Despite Corday suing Reeves in the past, he is squarely in her corner

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2020 11:18 PM

R56 Well, this solves everyone's problem very nicely.

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2020 11:21 PM

Good riddance to bad trash. I wish I hadn't stopped watching so that I could enjoy this.

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2020 11:30 PM

What about me? Why wasn’t I asked to come back?

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2020 11:41 PM

Stephanie Cameron was always too tall for Jennifer.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2020 12:26 AM

Cady whatever has been let go.

by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2021 8:42 PM

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2021 8:45 PM

R61 That's so sad. She is a better actress.

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2021 8:47 PM

Since reports say Jennifer is leaving for Boston, it sounds like they're resting the character, at least for awhile. And that's fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2021 9:33 PM

Seems like an odd choice given the prominent story swirling around Jennifer at the moment. Maybe the reaction to Cady hasn’t been as positive among the general audience as it has been on message boards.

by Anonymousreply 65February 10, 2021 9:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!