Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else in Florida? We in danger, gurl.

Its getting really, really bad. I think we are on our way to be the worst case scenario for a pandemic epicenter, especially once schools open next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 1, 2020 3:45 AM

I worry about all those elderlies down there. It hasn't even reached most of them yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2020 1:42 AM

Stupid governor. He figures Trump will cover his ass cause he’s a “Florida resident” now.

How he can help with an explosion of cases of a disease for which there is no cure and no vaccine seems to be the part they haven’t figured out yet.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2020 1:47 AM

Poz test results are increasing. Mortality stays unchanged.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2020 1:53 AM

It's scary here, the belligerence about masks is astounding even amongst seniors. I rarely leave the house.

I hope DeSatanis dies a slow and painful death when his time comes.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2020 1:55 AM

R3: Give it time...

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2020 1:56 AM

We're just going to die. This is so far gone, the population so damned stupid, the corporate environment creating messes with theme parks and malls and movie theaters reopening that everyone is going to be contaminated and then cross contaminating others. If you live here, you're basically going to get it by shopping, getting gas, or going out. I was hopeful that people would get wise and be more careful. I gave up today. I just saw too much stupidity. No one understands this; they're just morons who will kill everyone so they can go on a Harry Potter ride. I hate the word but all I can think is, "Retards. Fucking damned retards."

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2020 1:57 AM

I doubt Ron DeSantis will finish his term.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2020 1:57 AM

I’m scared too. I really don’t want to go anywhere now and I’m anxious about schools reopening next month. We are not ready and our governor is a fucking dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2020 2:01 AM

Well DeSantis looks to be killing himself with a fork so it shouldn't be long now.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2020 2:02 AM

Had this argument with my mother last week. "Positives are increasing but death count is holding steady" was her argument that everything's not as bad as it seems.

Legitimate question: I thought they were seeing serious debilitating long-term effects among those who don't die?

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2020 2:02 AM

All of my very Republican, very pro-Trump family members live in Florida (Port St. Lucie, Boca Raton, Punta Gorda and Tallahassee). Things are looking very grim from my perspective, but Fox News has not informed their cult members of any "real" threat yet (god forbid that they admit any fault that could be tied to horrible misinformation/mishandling from DeSantis or Trumpy) outside of the Fox News ALERTS!!! about those violent protesters who are raping and pillaging every Florida community!!! Or.....hmmm....not at all actually. The entire state is a ticking time bomb of a partisan population ignoring real danger and instead making up an alternate universe of stupidity. I feel genuinely sorry for innocent people who will be infected and possibly die due to the stupidity of so many other RWNJ idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2020 2:02 AM

I am in Fla. Stay indoors; shelter in place, even if you don't think you are at risk. Take no chances with this shit. Hunker down; you'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2020 2:03 AM

[quote] "Positives are increasing but death count is holding steady"

That is happening worldwide. Poz cases up; deaths unchanged. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2020 2:05 AM

My parents divide their time between NY and Florida. We brought them back up here when it wasn't terrible yet in Florida and their friends thought we were all crazy.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2020 2:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2020 2:09 AM

R10, there are. I’ve seen long term chest pain, breathing issues, fatigue, organ damage, to name a few. I wouldn’t be surprised if some cases are later linked to cancers of a certain type. It’s an indiscriminate VIRUS for which there is no vaccine, no treatment, no cure.

You don’t fuck with viruses. Stay home when you can, where a mask when you go out. Live to see the day they figure out how to vaccinate against it or treat it reliably.

Why is this so hard?

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2020 2:13 AM

*wear

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2020 2:14 AM

I’m amazed and disappointed at Disney. I thought the brand was better than that.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2020 2:24 AM

R18: Same.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2020 2:25 AM

It's backfiring on Disney in a big way. Universal and Sea World opened a month ago to a big yawn from the media. But Disney reopens and the headlines about Florida hitting a record number of one day cases has what photo accompanying it? Mickey Mouse.

A case study in poor corporate judgement and what will be irreparable damage to a brand.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] That is happening worldwide. Poz cases up; deaths unchanged. Weird.

I’ve heard this explained several times today by doctors and epidemiologists. Deaths lag by two weeks following a rise in cases. So, we should take little comfort in the low death rate now.

Plus, as R10 and R16 point point out, those who survive may be beset with a lot of complications.

It is stunning to me that the precautions surrounding this are so very simple, and yet people are incapable of adhering to them. Stay in. If you go out, be socially distant. And WEAR A FUCKING MASK.

Why is it so difficult to understand that the longer we prolong this the worse it’s going to be and the longer it will continue. How are so many people so incredibly stupid?

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2020 2:31 AM

R18 Whe Disney closed ,I knew then things were far worse than we were told. Disney NEVER closes . I live in N. Fl and I confess I started going out more once things reopened (always masked and with sanitizing wipes ) But when they made masks mandatory in my city and I noticed about half were complying I decided to go back to quarantine status,only leaving for essentials . These stupid non mask wearing non social distancing fuck sticks are going to kill us all .

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote] A case study in poor corporate judgement and what will be irreparable damage to a brand.

Just wait until all those fat Fran start posting On Facebook and Insta and wherever about how they got it at Disney.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2020 2:33 AM

Where can we get information about overall number of deaths? Florida's accuracy record for reporting COVID deaths is less than impressive. It'd be useful to see comparative statistics everywhere for overall number of deaths last July compared with overall number of deaths this July, then looking at number of deaths attributing cause to conditions that often overlap COVID, e.g. pneumonia or respiratory failure, and looking at increases in those categories.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2020 2:40 AM

Yeah Disney inc is the most controlling entity that has ever existed. I do enjoy anticipating damage to their brand.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2020 2:41 AM

R24 check out the Johns Hopkins dashboard.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2020 2:45 AM

I just heard that there will be no herd immunity...so eventually we all die from covid...no immunity means no vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2020 2:46 AM

Here's a question: on the chart I use, I see Florida has almost 300,000 cases, 4,277 deaths, and just 300+ "Recovered". Does that mean that aside from the 4300 dead and the 318 "recovered", the rest still have Covid? In four months, only 318 Floridians are "clear"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2020 2:49 AM

The whole human race is in trouble, if you ask me. We are over populated now but that won't last long. Old people are going to go and fatties are going first

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2020 2:49 AM

Indeed, R25, couldn't happen to a better company. "Mousewitz," you know.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2020 2:51 AM

I wear a mask and barely go out but I think I will come down with it any day now.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2020 2:51 AM

Do you think Ron DeSantis sits around like Trump eating mountains of hamberders and fast food?

He sure looks to be blossoming. Will he also eventually style his hair like Trump???

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2020 2:54 AM

Glad I left when I could. Beautiful scenery, lots to do, but...

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2020 2:54 AM

More likely there's no official follow-up on many cases, r28. If you had a mild case chances are you just got over it at home and didn't test again to see if the virus was still active.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2020 2:56 AM

BLUE Ft Lauderdale here; a block from the beach, with a birds-eye view. Deserted. The famed touristy beach bars and restaurants just down the road, and the gay clubs in Wilton Manors, deserted. Not too many mask-less assholes in my area, (they would be crucified), but we are now the country’s hot spot. Yes! We Won! Yeah! Surreal, sad and depressing.

Hopefully the masterful trump ass-licker Gov. Ron De SATAN, will politically die in a massive backlash over his reckless, partisan, decision making. Meanwhile, people are dying left and right.

I only go out for the essentials. Good luck, all.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2020 2:57 AM

Floridians of DL, what percentage of the population of the people are "Florida people"? How do you live around...this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2020 2:59 AM

Deaths in Florida will go through the roof in late July. In Chicago it was like nothing was happening in March and early April, then deaths went crazy.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote] Plus, as [R10] and [R16] point point out, those who survive may be beset with a lot of complications.

So perhaps we shouldn't take too much comfort in the "steady" death count as long-term complications may be thru the roof, trending with the positives count?

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2020 3:06 AM

R36 We avoid these specimens, luckily it’s a big state with space.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2020 3:12 AM

But how much of the population is "Florida people"?

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2020 3:13 AM

My elderly uncle died in Florida in March from what the care home insisted wasn't COVID-19, but probably was. They worked hard to keep it from becoming an outbreak back then. Now the same people don't seem to care.

I think people went stir crazy and once summer hit and they weren't able to go vacation or to the beach, they just said fuck it, let's kill everyone off so I can have an afternoon sitting in the sun with 10,000 other people.

by Anonymousreply 41July 14, 2020 3:21 AM

Some of these assholes will end up dead or with lifelong complications just to "own the libs". I hope it's worth it to try and get a rise out of liberals.

by Anonymousreply 42July 14, 2020 4:11 AM

NE Florida here. I've been a lot more cautious since the infection rates started rising dramatically. Only venturing out for essentials. I went to Publix (regional grocery chain) yesterday and was thankful to see every single person wearing a mask and doing their best to practice social distancing. A couple of weeks ago, I was in the minority when wearing a mask in a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 43July 14, 2020 4:12 AM

I think death rates have to rise in another week or two. Just curious if they increase at the same % as cases did.

by Anonymousreply 44July 14, 2020 4:19 AM

I can't believe the number of idiots who think wearing a mask means you can crawl up someone's ass ahead of you in a checkout line!

People, those marks on the floor that say "6 feet distance" aren't grafitti!

I've had to tell several people not to stand so close to me and they look dumb even as I point to the marks on the floor.

Most people seem functionally retarded and unable to comprehend the most simplistic instructions.

by Anonymousreply 45July 14, 2020 4:21 AM

The Republican Convention there... hahahaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2020 4:22 AM

What a mess. Once the hospitals become overwhelmed is when people will start dying in larger numbers. That will equate to a higher mortality percentage rate which is usually recorded with Covid deaths.

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2020 4:23 AM

Remember the old people riding in golf carts that were Pro Trump and saying white power. Wonder when Covid will come to the Villages?

by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2020 4:25 AM

I have a feeling this is going to be an almost extinction level event. And really, it's what we deserve. We are a complete failure as a species on this planet so it's appropriate that we go the way of the dinosaurs. Yes, it won't happen immediately, but over the next 50 years people who were infected will die off from the secondary issues and it will leave only the few who remain healthy. And that number grows smaller every day.

by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2020 4:25 AM

God, I would love for it to decimate The Villages...all before November 3. R49, this isn't deadly enough to be an extinction level event. But it also shows that if a virus came along that was a 50% or so fatality rate, we don't have what it takes as a society to do what we need to to survive it. As a trial run to a bigger killer, this is a total and completely dismal failure.

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2020 4:32 AM

Sorry I didn’t read other posts but WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Stay home and when you absolutely have to go out for essentials wear a mask and gloves!

by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2020 4:33 AM

I think the discrepancy between the fast rising positive numbers and the ( for the time being) static mortality rates is simple to understand: it's due to who first went out when the lockdown ended. I realize Florida is a little different because DeSantis never allowed state-wide mandated closures, but still, once any of the lockdowns were lifted, it was all the YOUNG PEOPLE in their 20's and 30's who ran back to the beaches, bars and restaurants. I'm not saying that middle aged and senior citizens didn't go out at all, but if they did, they were much more cautious about it. In any event, this younger group as we know, is far more likely to have either not contracted Covid, or more worrying have become Asymptomatic carriers. That's why in a few weeks, the shit's gonna hit the fan, when inevitably these morons ( many of whom do not wear masks) are either going to spread it to their older, vulnerable loved ones, or simply spread it through community transmission out in grocery stores, doctors offices or what have you. Florida and other Red State hot spots are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote]Stay home and when you absolutely have to go out for essentials wear a mask and gloves!

And a life vest.

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2020 4:55 AM

As in most places, the blacks are doing most of the dying. Nothing in life is fair.

by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2020 5:13 AM

Can't we hold these politicians responsible and sue them?

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2020 5:44 AM

Deaths will go back up, but we've also gotten better at treating it. Ventilators are now seen as an absolute last resort, and a cocktail lessens the cytokine storm.

by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2020 7:55 AM

R52 That has been my experience, young people out and about and lots of out of state plates on the interstate. Make fun of crazy Floridians we earned it, but you cannot discount all of the people visiting the state brining their germs here.

by Anonymousreply 57July 14, 2020 11:49 AM

[quote]but over the next 50 years people who were infected will die off from the secondary issues and it will leave only the few who remain healthy.

I read an article last week about children born during the Spanish Flu having major health problems in their 40s and 50s. Researchers found, for instance, that people who were born in the U.S. just after the 1918 flu pandemic (that is, people who were still in utero when the disease was at its peak) had a higher risk of a heart attack in their adulthood than those born before or long after the pandemic. Tests show that children born just after flu pandemics have higher rates of physical disability, perform worse in academic tests and have lower income compared with babies born before or after pandemics.

Covid-19, which seems to attack virtually every system in the body, is likely to produce even worse effects over time.

by Anonymousreply 58July 14, 2020 11:58 AM

We haven’t seen the worst yet. Think of all the long-term damage other viruses do: HIV causes AIDS, chicken pox causes shingles, etc.

by Anonymousreply 59July 14, 2020 1:40 PM

I think Florida is faking the numbers. I am German and we have around 200 000 cases (Florida is nearing 300 000) and roughly above 9000 deaths (Florida has 4000+). I do not think this is accurate. In Germany, the virus was mostly spread by younger people as is the case in Florida right now, but within 1-2 months it reached care homes and the elderly, which should also already have happened in Florida by now. So, the Floridian numbers are very peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 60July 14, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote] So, the Floridian numbers are very peculiar......

In Floirida we know that DeSantis is screwing with the numbers.

How about asking Merkel to call DeSantis and explain how it should be done.

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2020 1:52 PM

I spoke with a hospice nurse last month, right around the start of the spike in cases and she told me that Florida was over reporting deaths as Covid to get the hospital more funding.

The example she used was a terminally ill cancer patient that has tested positive for Covid and goes to the hospital and dies from related complications. The hospital reports this as a Covid related death. She felt that this was misrepresented since the cancer was the real culprit.

I disagreed with her because Covid was the reason for hospitalization and rapid decline in health, the person could have lived longer had it not been for the Covid on top of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 62July 14, 2020 2:02 PM

Manta, the most densely populated place, with over half of millions of people and only 9 deaths? What is their secret?

by Anonymousreply 63July 14, 2020 2:16 PM

CNN: With more than 2,000 patients hospitalized and hundreds in Intensive Care Units, "Miami is now the epicenter of the pandemic," one infectious disease expert said, comparing the South Florida metropolitan area to the city where the pandemic originated.

"What we were seeing in Wuhan -- six months ago, five months ago -- now we are there," Lilian Abbo, with the Jackson Health System said during a news conference hosted Monday by the Miami-Dade County mayor.

In the past 13 days, Miami-Dade County has seen staggering increases in the number of Covid-19 patients being hospitalized (68%), in the number of ICU beds being used (69%) and in the use of ventilators (109%)

by Anonymousreply 64July 14, 2020 3:17 PM

R64 was so predictable. I give Cuomo credit for preparing for that scenario before the US had the experience of it happening. FL and TX have no excuse - but they will make them. They need to shut down now. I can’t believe they are letting it continue to spread. Disney opening is a crime.

by Anonymousreply 65July 14, 2020 3:22 PM

So, you're telling me it's not a good time to visit St Pete beach area?

by Anonymousreply 66July 14, 2020 3:25 PM

R1 Those elderlies down there are the ones who keep Florida in the RED so how bad is it to thin some out?

by Anonymousreply 67July 14, 2020 3:26 PM

R60, I think timing plays a part of it too. Germany was hit earlier on when not much was known in what worked and didn't work in terms of treatment. We also have a better understanding of how it's spread. So the numbers don't look all that strange given that there were a few months between the two.

by Anonymousreply 68July 14, 2020 3:47 PM

Why is everyone getting worked up about Disney opening? If one thing the protests showed is that you can be outdoors and shouting and not catch covid. Disney is no different. I'd be more afraid of a poorly vented bar or restaurant than I would Disney.

by Anonymousreply 69July 14, 2020 3:53 PM

R69: Disney did not need to reopen. Pure greed. Also, it is supposed to be a family/children place. Reopening in the midst of a pandemic, as cases are skyrocketing, proves they care more about $$$ than their visitors’ health and safety. Also, many Disney’s attractions are indoors.

by Anonymousreply 70July 14, 2020 4:08 PM

Fauci told y'all but you didn' listen. NOW you know fat meat is greasy.

by Anonymousreply 71July 14, 2020 4:09 PM

*many Disney attractions

by Anonymousreply 72July 14, 2020 4:09 PM

You American bitches must be glad that all those red state voting deplorables will be slapped hard by Miss Rona?

by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2020 4:10 PM

R70, I hate to break it to you but the pandemic is here to stay. This is the new normal. So opening low risk businesses should happen and be carefully monitored.

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2020 4:13 PM

r70 they're finding ventilation seems to be an issue and not everything mat Disney is opening.

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2020 4:14 PM

I hate to break it to you R74, but Disney World is not low risk.

by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2020 4:15 PM

Is Trump sending the death ship to Florida?

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2020 4:16 PM

It's as high a risk as outdoor dining, r76. And nobody is rolling that back.

by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2020 4:19 PM

Will Disney be social distancing on roller coasters and other rides? What about all of the railings and surfaces where children with their dirty fingers and hands have touched? Are people being encouraged not to yell on rides, because yelling can spread droplets?

Disney is not the place I would want to be while a highly infectious novel coronavirus is being spread around. However, all you deplorables come on in!

by Anonymousreply 79July 14, 2020 4:52 PM

It's partly the optics of Disney opening. These are not normal times. We are required to do more than behave normally and act normally. If the virus is here to stay, which for the foreseeable future it is, we have to grow the fuck up, dial our lives back and hunker down except where it isn't necessary to limit the spread and protect others and ourselves.

Disney isn't necessary. Neither is a bar. Neither are a lot of things. People are behaving stupidly but unfortunately their stupidity doesn't sicken or kill themselves alone.

Am I thrilled as a blue stater the red staters are awash with this shit? No. States can flip. The virus won't be ballot sorting Republicans and Democrats. This is bad for the country, wherever it is.

by Anonymousreply 80July 14, 2020 4:57 PM

So many Disney World attractions are indoors because of the heat.

by Anonymousreply 81July 14, 2020 4:57 PM

Exactly R79.

by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2020 4:57 PM

Disney reopening video as an A24 trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 14, 2020 5:00 PM

Stay at home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 14, 2020 5:05 PM

My trumpy elderly aunt and uncle near sarasota have finally woken up and are staying home after swanning around with not a care until a week ago. How bad is it on the west coast south of Tampa?

by Anonymousreply 85July 14, 2020 5:06 PM

R79 have you been to any of the protests? Do they scream and yell?

And, yes, Disney is frequently cleaning surfaces like any high rise apartment building in Manhattan has been doing.

by Anonymousreply 86July 14, 2020 5:09 PM

Oh, and R79, you do realize that Six Flags in NJ is open?

by Anonymousreply 87July 14, 2020 5:11 PM

Yeah r87, but it's Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 88July 14, 2020 5:15 PM

And yet there's no spike from Six Flags being open, r88.

by Anonymousreply 89July 14, 2020 5:16 PM

I am a Disney performer and quit my job over this. I will not set one foot in Florida until things improve

by Anonymousreply 90July 14, 2020 5:18 PM

Yes, we definitely know there's no spike because of the top quality contact tracing going on all over the country.

We're free! Let the fun begin!

by Anonymousreply 91July 14, 2020 5:18 PM

Universal Florida has been open sice early June. Same with Seaworld.

by Anonymousreply 92July 14, 2020 5:20 PM

Disney has reopened in several countries with no issue. Hong Kong Disney was closed, not because of a problem at Disney, but because Hong Kong had 1400 cases recently and rolled everything back.

by Anonymousreply 93July 14, 2020 5:22 PM

Didn't DeSatan fire the person trying to accurately report the numbers...page straight out of the malignant narcissist's book.

by Anonymousreply 94July 14, 2020 5:23 PM

I see the "there's nothing wrong with Disney opening" trolls have arrived.

by Anonymousreply 95July 14, 2020 5:25 PM

Indeed r94.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 14, 2020 5:26 PM

Florida scientist...that's a phrase I never expected to see

by Anonymousreply 97July 14, 2020 5:27 PM

The upside of Florida being a pandemic epicenter, lots of cheap real estate to come on the market next year!!!!!!

Just need to don the hazmat suit and do a CDC style cleaning first.

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2020 5:30 PM

R3 mortality has tripled in less than 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2020 5:54 PM

Breathe the Covid air in deeply Republican conventioneers

by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote]The upside of Florida being a pandemic epicenter, lots of cheap real estate to come on the market next year!!!!!!

Yes, built from the finest cardboard and glue and builder can get off the back of truck on the interstate for a tenth of what you'd pay in a store.

by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2020 6:25 PM

Linked is the Florida whistleblower scientist's site referred to in R96's link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2020 7:07 PM

I'm terrified for my mom - she is in an independent living facility in Palm Beach county (barely independent TBH) and they just locked down again, and just reported 'a case' on her wing (usually 1 = 10-12 from previous history) plus 20 in the building. She will die if she gets infected. We're all over it with her caregiver being super diligent but it seems so out of control. 😢

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2020 7:11 PM

I hope she's ok R103.

by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2020 7:16 PM

Honestly, the DLers equivalent of thoughts and prayers, R103. It's nice to see someone in this shithole who cares about a parent. All good things. xo

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2020 7:18 PM

"Now children, you need a D, and an I, and an E to spell D-I-S-N-E-Y."

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2020 7:36 PM

Disney has more disabled and elderly guests than the other parks. They have implemented control measures, like plexiglass dividers in queues and social distancing markers on ground. They are skipping rows in some attraction vehicles (Pirates, Splash Mountain), which has made the wait times three times longer than normal. They have sectioned-off interactive devices in queues that require touching. So far, crowds have been very light.

Having worked for Disney, I can say they deserve the hand they've been dealt. They're a crooked and heartless corporation that abuses it's employees.

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2020 8:11 PM

They brought this on themselves. Time to pay the piper.

by Anonymousreply 108July 14, 2020 8:55 PM

LOL @R107... after that laundry list of anticipatory steps... they're still ba$tard$. And no doubt they are.

by Anonymousreply 109July 14, 2020 9:46 PM

Can I get an F, R106?

by Anonymousreply 110July 14, 2020 10:01 PM

r90 hi nick poulos, I want to suck your cock!!

by Anonymousreply 111July 14, 2020 10:22 PM

I live in Key West. I think we should close down Rt 1 again. since our county is right next door to Dade county, the epi-center. Key West mayor and Monroe county mayor, both women , were great keeping the highway closed till June 1. Now they should have a roadblock and take people's temperatures. and screen them.

by Anonymousreply 112July 14, 2020 10:24 PM

If I were living in Florida, I would shit my pants constantly, because I would be so scared of hurricanes. I am frightened of strong winds. And with the flimsiness of American houses I would get a heart attack even though I am still very, very young!

by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2020 10:30 PM

Here we going again, a Passport to Conch.

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2020 10:31 PM

"flimsiness of American houses"

Many are well-built, many are not.

by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2020 10:32 PM

I want to have a relationship with an American datalounger! Anybody here on discord?

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2020 10:34 PM

Florida houses are built to withstand hurricanes, so the structures are sturdy. Concrete walls and slabs.

Wood frame and mobile homes are not safe to ride out a storm.

Even some of the older concrete homes do ok in storms.

It’s important to note that no house is actually hurricane proof and if you take a direct hit from a cat 4+ you’re screwed.

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2020 10:41 PM

r113 there will be mass hysteria again if we get another major hurricane, Ive been stocking up on toilet paper and other supplies like a mutherfucker. We will be in peak season soon. The lines for free food have already been huge, a lot of people aren't working and they dont have money for supplies.

The federal government will have to provide major aid to South Florida in the event we have a major hurricane in August or September. We will need twice the amount of shelters in order for people to social distance themselves. Even then people who have to evacuate will be making a choice to shelter with others who might have COVID or risk staying in their homes.

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2020 10:52 PM

Hoping and praying for you, R103. How scary!!

by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2020 11:09 PM

{quote]I want to have a relationship with an American datalounger!

Hmmm, I don't think would workout, but thank you.

by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2020 11:13 PM

"Ive been stocking up on toilet paper..."

Oh god here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 121July 14, 2020 11:18 PM

Well r121, there wont be square to spare or a bottle of water to be found once a storm is headed our way. Anyone in Florida knows the chaos that ensues once the big one starts approaching.

by Anonymousreply 122July 14, 2020 11:24 PM

I'm a woman, but I'll be friends with you, german guy. Is there a Datalounge discord? (is discord a Reddit chat room?)

I was supposed to visit both California and Florida this summer/fall, and as someone who lives alone in a studio... it's a huge disappointment. It was the only thing I was looking forward to. Quarantining in a nice big house with a pool is a lot different than.. where I am.

by Anonymousreply 123July 14, 2020 11:26 PM

r123 a tip for visiting Florida, its best to make travel/vacation plans when its not hurricane season. Never come in August or September unless you do mind cancelling your plans

by Anonymousreply 124July 14, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote] They are skipping rows in some attraction vehicles (Pirates, Splash Mountain), which has made the wait times three times longer than normal.

That sounds like a living hell, standing around in 100 degree heat for an hour to get on a ride for five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 125July 15, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote] Florida houses are built to withstand hurricanes

They have been built that way since Hurricane Andrew in 1992.

We even get the occasional tornado in the middle of a hurricane in central Fla. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 126July 15, 2020 12:50 AM

[quote] I want to have a relationship with an American datalounger!

Why?

by Anonymousreply 127July 15, 2020 12:51 AM

BLUE Ft. Lauderdale here again.@ R35. (Former New York City of 50 years, by the way).

I‘ve got to get this off my chest... Why the fuck am I/ we seeing pro-trump ads on CNN, no less!?

Is this CNN’s way of 1 - Supporting “fair and balanced” free speech, with a little 2. - Air time revenue added to their profits? and 3 - A ploy to enrage Democrats even more at the sight, and bullshit rhetoric spewing from Orangina...

Dammit, that’s what it looks like to me.

It’s like a three-way play. I for one try to limit my exposure to that incorrigible ass hole.

by Anonymousreply 128July 15, 2020 1:20 AM

R125 5 minutes is extremely generous, it’s more like 2 minutes max.

by Anonymousreply 129July 15, 2020 1:31 AM

im in miami and i used to go every saturday to wilton manors to johnsons abd boarwalk to get pinga. i miss those days.!!!!

by Anonymousreply 130July 15, 2020 1:42 AM

old pinga in Wilton

by Anonymousreply 131July 15, 2020 1:48 AM

r131 you have never been in wilton

by Anonymousreply 132July 15, 2020 2:24 AM

R128, Biden just did a happy huge ad buy on Fox News. Not sure if they can refuse political ads.

by Anonymousreply 133July 15, 2020 2:27 AM

Now, you know the hardcore Disney Deplorables need to get in their last rides on Splash Mountain "before they put that black princess in there" and scalp as much merch as they can. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 134July 15, 2020 2:27 AM

Do they get many hurricanes in Jacksonville? Say....around August 24-27?

by Anonymousreply 135July 15, 2020 3:08 AM

Wilton Pinga = drag kingg name?

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2020 3:36 AM

I realize that you can survive Covid - mortality rates are relatively low, especially if you're not a member of some at-risk groups. But, still, you see the cases of people who aren't from those groups dying. You see the cases of someone who was fine, then got it, then was texting from the hospital recovering, but still died of complications. It can kill, so I don't want it. So, by choice I'm not doing a lot of stuff I could do - and it sucks because it's gonna be a while.

Do you think very effective treatments will come before a vaccine? I've read they're making progress in treating those infected.

by Anonymousreply 137July 15, 2020 3:47 AM

Even if we get effective treatments, will they prevent long-term effects of the virus?

by Anonymousreply 138July 15, 2020 3:53 AM

Just stay in you brittle queens.

by Anonymousreply 139July 15, 2020 3:55 AM

It’s so weird that Wilton Manors is THE gay place for Miami. Miami has such incredibly hot men - it’s a crime there is no real gay scene. I love Wilton Manors nightlife - but it is old. And the town is ugly and located in such a random location. I’m surprised Miami gay scene died - even as the city grew. Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 140July 15, 2020 3:58 AM

I enjoyed Twist when I was in Miami years ago - but I think that was in South Beach.

by Anonymousreply 141July 15, 2020 4:00 AM

R3 R5 Mortality rates going up exponentially nationally (almost 30% in the last week or so). Florida sets all time death number today.

The "talking point" (the insane truth that political parties/MAGA wants to challenge science for misguided grievances) that "well, more are getting infecting but not as many are dying", is, not surprisingly, not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 15, 2020 4:02 AM

[quote]Publix (regional grocery chain) .

We've heard of it dear. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 143July 15, 2020 4:10 AM

R130 - “ im in miami and i used to go every saturday to wilton manors to johnsons abd boarwalk to get pinga. i miss those days.!!!!”

R130, please use the downtime you now have due to Covid, to a brush up on your grammar, verbiage, punctuation, and sentence structure. It’s quite horrendous, dear.

by Anonymousreply 144July 15, 2020 4:12 AM

R125 R129 Ride length varies, Splash Mountain is about 10 minutes, Pirates is about 8 minutes. The longest wait I've heard of was 3 hours when the Avatar ride opened in Animal Kingdom. Normally you are allowed three "Fast Passes" per day, it's like having a reservation to go on a ride at a set time, but right now they aren't using the Fast Pass system.

by Anonymousreply 145July 15, 2020 4:15 AM

[quote] Even if we get effective treatments, will they prevent long-term effects of the virus?

R138 correctly identifies the problem about the long-term effects of the virus even if a person is technically cured. The residual problems could linger for a long time and could be severely debilitating.

by Anonymousreply 146July 15, 2020 4:37 AM

R128 - yeah, stations have to show political ads and political ad pricing. FCC guidelines say that any candidate can purchase an equal amount of time at the lowest prices.

However, I thought that there was a 45 or 60 day time window before elections. It's July, so I'm not sure what the rules are for Presidential elections or if he can get away with it because of primaries or because he hasn't been formally selected at the Republican convention?

In any case, you can't blame CNN for running Trump ads. They really have no choice and Trump knows it. He will put the FCC on them so fast if they refuse.

by Anonymousreply 147July 15, 2020 4:43 AM

[quote]I want to have a relationship with an American datalounger! Anybody here on discord?

Are you on the right thread?

by Anonymousreply 148July 15, 2020 4:49 AM

Florida is a big state. Most of the cases seem to be in the big cities. Not sure what the risk is for more rural areas. In Miami, the cases are mostly coming from poor neighborhoods with crowded housing and people who went to bars and restaurants. There must be a lot more cases than those that are reported though because testing is still limited. Most asymptomatic patients probably aren’t getting tested. I just wonder how bad it is going to get.

by Anonymousreply 149July 15, 2020 4:50 AM

According to Trump, CNN is fake news, so it is only right that the fake president be on it.

by Anonymousreply 150July 15, 2020 5:27 AM

It's sad that the country that helped win WWII, survived the Depression, created the greatest middle class prosperity ever, and put somebody on the Moon can't do contact tracing or get its people to do the absolute bare minimum (ie., wear masks and social distance).

Enjoying all of the WINNING! promised by Trump yet, America??????

by Anonymousreply 151July 15, 2020 5:29 AM

My heart breaks for FL...always. It is the most horrible mix of nature's beauty and human deplorables.

I can offer refuge to one young, attractive, fit man of Puerto Rican heritage who tests negative for COVID-19, is prepared to offer his body as payment for food and lodging, and doesn't have any hang-ups about homosex.

by Anonymousreply 152July 15, 2020 5:44 AM

[quote]I can offer refuge to one young, attractive, fit man of Puerto Rican heritage who tests negative for COVID-19, is prepared to offer his body as payment for food and lodging, and doesn't have any hang-ups about homosex.

I've already got dibs on the Cuban!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 15, 2020 5:45 AM

Matt Gaetz and fellow Florida sleeze Andrew Gillum really benefited from Covid and the protests. They were hot topics that completely faded away.

by Anonymousreply 154July 15, 2020 5:49 AM

My Trumpy in-laws life in Sarasota. They keep saying there is little to no COVID in Sarasota.

What I find scary is that I literally cannot imagine a solution to this outbreak. The idea of a cure or vaccine or something being invented and then successfully distributed to every person on earth just doesn’t seem realistic.

Will this ever end, or is COVID going to be killing people in big numbers forever?

by Anonymousreply 155July 15, 2020 6:08 AM

R154, there is NO universe where five head gaetz was ever "hot"

by Anonymousreply 156July 15, 2020 6:22 AM

Well there has been some improvement. Less intubations, more use of steroids; but that is really only temporary because the virus just keeps coming back. It seems air conditioning is a primary means of spreading. That said, we are supposed to be getting ready to abandon Florida anyway as most of it is less than 100 feet above sea level. So a little advance bad publicity is probably a good thing if it deters people from moving there or staying there.

by Anonymousreply 157July 15, 2020 6:41 AM

r149, the vast majority of population of Florida IS IN the big cities. Who cares if it doesn't make big inroads in Gadsden county, or Wakulla county. However, I have heard that agricultural workers in crowded quarters in rural places like Lake Okeechobee are also heavily infected.

by Anonymousreply 158July 15, 2020 8:09 AM

Because I want to write with American men! We should do discord!

by Anonymousreply 159July 15, 2020 9:20 AM

All data now goes to Trump first not Fauci. Watch out for Fake News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 15, 2020 11:03 AM

R10: Had this argument with my mother last week. "Positives are increasing but death count is holding steady" was her argument that everything's not as bad as it seems. Legitimate question: I thought they were seeing serious debilitating long-term effects among those who don't die?

Well, with all due respect, judging from your Mother, she’s had it, and has suffered brain damage as a result.

by Anonymousreply 161July 15, 2020 11:57 AM

[quote] R106: I want to have a relationship with an American datalounger! Anybody here on discord?

Nein!

by Anonymousreply 162July 15, 2020 12:21 PM

[quote] That said, we are supposed to be getting ready to abandon Florida anyway as most of it is less than 100 feet above sea level.

The Dutch live very prosperously below sea level but I suppose you're saying that they're too fucked up in Florida to transition to the Dutch model.

by Anonymousreply 163July 15, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote] Matt Gaetz and fellow Florida sleeze Andrew Gillum really benefited from Covid and the protests. They were hot topics that completely faded away.

I don't think you can say they're in the same league. As a closeted gay man who was an LGBT ally, Gillum's transgression was against his wife and family. He no longer holds public office and his shenanigans are not newsworthy. He hooked up with an escort. Big whoop!

Gaetz is a congressman who puts his unfortunately moon-shaped face on TV at every opportunity to push this nation into further division, discord and despair. Whatever Gaetz is doing with that young man is creepy beyond words and funded by taxpayers -- he posted on social media that he was proud to "raise" a young man whom he probably started molesting when the kid was still a minor.

by Anonymousreply 164July 15, 2020 2:14 PM

I mean in the same category in the sense that they both desperately want their stories forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 165July 15, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote] they're too fucked up in Florida to transition to the Dutch model.

Pretty much. Florida Rethug politicians have largely tried to ignore the effects of global climate change. While the Dutch have worked to take on the challenges based on science and evidence, the Repukes want to wish it away.

by Anonymousreply 166July 15, 2020 2:19 PM

The Floridians are as ugly as Ugly Americans can get.

by Anonymousreply 167July 15, 2020 5:41 PM

Many are transplanted New Yorkers, R167

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 15, 2020 6:01 PM

10,181 new cases today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 15, 2020 6:06 PM

Mortality rate is 1.47%. I am having my doubts about the figures but this site (linked) is meant to be independent and not a Trumptard venture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 15, 2020 6:09 PM

Exactly, R168.

Ugly ass New Yorkers baked by the Florida sun-a toxic combination.

by Anonymousreply 171July 15, 2020 6:34 PM

Isn't a 1.5% mortality rate actually pretty high?

by Anonymousreply 172July 15, 2020 6:35 PM

Say what you want about Ron DeSatanis, but would closeted meth-head Andrew Gillum really have been doing a better job??

by Anonymousreply 173July 15, 2020 6:41 PM

R172 If you go to Johns Hopkins dashboard and look at "NY, NY" the mortality rate is 9.03%, I assume counting past casualties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 15, 2020 6:43 PM

Can someone with COVID got to the Villages and poll the residents about Dump? Just make sure you don’t wear a mask and speak loudly

by Anonymousreply 175July 15, 2020 6:48 PM

"Say what you want about Ron DeSatanis, but would closeted meth-head Andrew Gillum really have been doing a better job?? "

Absolutely!

by Anonymousreply 176July 15, 2020 7:12 PM

Brevard County Melbourne...I dont go out without a stash of masks and sanitizer. I won't walk into anyplace without one on

by Anonymousreply 177July 15, 2020 10:19 PM

Brevard: 40 deaths since March 1st. Look up Brevard in the link. You all seem to be doing relatively well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 15, 2020 10:32 PM

r144 you forgot to take your antidepressants, girl!!!

by Anonymousreply 179July 15, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]Say what you want about Ron DeSatanis, but would closeted meth-head Andrew Gillum really have been doing a better job??

It wouldn't take much to do a better job than Ron DoRitos.

by Anonymousreply 180July 15, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote]we are supposed to be getting ready to abandon Florida anyway as most of it is less than 100 feet above sea level.

Um, no. Just, no.

by Anonymousreply 181July 15, 2020 11:47 PM

r178 we aren't as congested as other counties and possibly because we have a lot of high end tech businesses, Brevardians are a little smarter and take more precautions

by Anonymousreply 182July 16, 2020 2:03 AM

Miami is having some trouble and so-called Dade county in R170's link.

by Anonymousreply 183July 16, 2020 2:10 AM

R177 to be fair you had to go out with mask and hand sanitizer before coronavirus too.

by Anonymousreply 184July 16, 2020 2:23 AM

r116 Let's do 90 Day Fiance!

by Anonymousreply 185July 16, 2020 3:55 AM

Mortality rates lag. The truth is there is doubt that people actually ever "recover" in the sense of being as good as they were before.

by Anonymousreply 186July 16, 2020 8:07 AM

156 deaths reported in today’s count.

by Anonymousreply 187July 16, 2020 3:00 PM

Yesterday USA deaths exceeded 1000+

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 16, 2020 3:02 PM

Well now that all Covid deaths will be sent to the White House, instead of the CDC, Florida will be coming out smelling like a peach.

by Anonymousreply 189July 16, 2020 3:05 PM

Today: Florida almost +13,965 new cases and +156 deaths...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 16, 2020 3:20 PM

R189: STATS are kept elsewhere. And you can’t hide the sicknesses and deaths when hospitals are overrun. People will run to the news media either way. Dump can’t put a lid on this shit.

by Anonymousreply 191July 16, 2020 3:25 PM

Meanwhile, in Fort Lauderdale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 16, 2020 4:12 PM

R188 that is terrible but for comparison's sake in the UK at one point over 1,000 were dying every day from COVID. The UK has a population of 68m.

by Anonymousreply 193July 16, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote] Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp bans local governments from mandating masks The order comes as 3,871 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Georgia Wednesday — the second highest daily total since the start of the pandemic.

At least we're not in GA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 16, 2020 9:31 PM

R192 what are we watching apart from fat police officers; even the policewoman has a big old gut?

by Anonymousreply 195July 16, 2020 9:35 PM

From murder Hornets to inexplicable kangaroos. What's next, 2020?

by Anonymousreply 196July 16, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote] What's next, 2020?

Hopefully Cheetolini retires to Mar a Lago for good. I am sorry to the Town of Palm Beach for the CONSTANT disruption that will cause. I live up the road, just far enough away not to be disturbed by Secret Service blockades, checks, stops-and-search. However, one good thing will be that the planes to PBI will not be able to fly over Palm Beach period.

by Anonymousreply 197July 16, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]From murder Hornets to inexplicable kangaroos. What's next, 2020?

We will always have meth gators.

by Anonymousreply 198July 16, 2020 10:02 PM

Thug ducks

by Anonymousreply 199July 16, 2020 10:39 PM

Squirrels with bubonic plague!

by Anonymousreply 200July 16, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote] Squirrels with bubonic plague!

So far a long way away from Fla.

by Anonymousreply 201July 17, 2020 12:47 AM

Never, ever, EVER ask "what next"?

Ever.

That's just asking for a kick in the dick!

by Anonymousreply 202July 17, 2020 2:51 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that’s what’s next if we don’t win the election. A kick in the dick.

by Anonymousreply 203July 17, 2020 3:47 AM

We already had a kick in the dick in 2016

by Anonymousreply 204July 17, 2020 4:44 AM

73,388 new COVID-19 cases in the United States yesterday!

That's herd immunity baby! Must be what the US is aiming for now that it's so far out of control.

Problem is that all evidence shows that you can get it more than once as exposure to the virus doesn't produce antibodies... Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 205July 17, 2020 7:11 AM

[quote] all evidence shows that you can get it more than once as exposure to the virus doesn't produce antibodies

If that’s true, and exposure to the virus does not produce lasting immunity through antibodies, then how would a vaccine be able to work?

by Anonymousreply 206July 17, 2020 12:56 PM

florida is a cesspool. the residents - lead by craven idiots - flouted anything resembling common sense. the whole state should be drown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 17, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote], then how would a vaccine be able to work?

the vaccine, if possible, will never be a silver bullet. limited efficacy and availability will render it a fantasy for most. Treatment and reduction of the virus (but social distance and wearing a fucking mask, you idiots) will be the only way

by Anonymousreply 208July 17, 2020 1:11 PM

Anti vaxxers will not get immunized with a COVID vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 209July 17, 2020 4:14 PM

Then they get it. The rest of us will be fine

by Anonymousreply 210July 17, 2020 4:30 PM

Look at the graphs on this link. Cases are soaring, deaths not so much; still too high though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 17, 2020 4:36 PM

R205 it’s the new flu but more contagious. Immunity to the flu doesn’t exist either.

I agree with someone unthread that’s wearing a mask, keeping distance and disinfecting our hands is probably the best protection we have in the near future. At least when being outside the chances of getting infected are very low....

by Anonymousreply 212July 17, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote]limited efficacy and availability will render it a fantasy for most.

There is no evidence to back up that statement. In fact the early vaccine trials are suggesting quite the opposite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 17, 2020 5:23 PM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said on Friday he would not close gyms in his state during the COVID-19 pandemic because people who go to gyms are “in good shape.”

“If you’re in good shape, you have a very, very low likelihood of ending up in significant condition as a result of the coronavirus,” said DeSantis. “I don’t think it would make sense to close it.”

by Anonymousreply 214July 17, 2020 9:27 PM

[quote] “If you’re in good shape, you have a very, very low likelihood of ending up in significant condition as a result of the coronavirus,” said DeSantis. “I don’t think it would make sense to close it.”

Will DeSantis be frequenting any of those said gyms, in his condition could be risky?

by Anonymousreply 215July 17, 2020 9:37 PM

Ron DeSantis has gotten really fat, like Trumpian proportions. I don't think he's seen the inside of a gym in years. The inside of a Krispy Kreme I would believe.

by Anonymousreply 216July 18, 2020 12:40 AM

Dont ridicule me! I eat my feelings!

by Anonymousreply 217July 18, 2020 1:11 AM

So many issues to deal with re FL. First, it's no surprise, Floridians are incredibly stupid. Leon County sent this message out explaining how masks and smelling jean farts is different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 18, 2020 1:35 AM

55 percent of C-19 survivors have heart damage. One in seven survivors has severe heart damage. Doctors are also finding brain and lung damage. They survive it, but they could be permanently disabled.

by Anonymousreply 219July 18, 2020 1:48 AM

[bold]Florida is deliberately undercounting deaths.[/bold] They have reported 4K+ COVID deaths and over 8,000 excess deaths, for 12K total, as of June. So, take the reported death count with a grain of salt. Remember FL does not report COVID deaths in the following circumstances.

- Persons in nursing home or other facilities where there is no attending physician to certify the death as COVID. Coroners can no longer make a Cause of Death call regarding COVID.

- COVID deaths in prison, even if known.

-COVID deaths in military facilities.

- Unattended deaths in migrant labor camps - btw, buy canned fruits and vegetables. I really mean it.

- Unattended deaths at home - even with a COVID diagnosis, if the person dies at home the Coroner cannot assign COVID as cause of death. These are people who are getting better and suddenly die.

- Cardiac failure and pneumonia are most common reasons given.

[bold]WORRYING NEW DEVELOPMENT[/bold]

Patients are younger and are taking longer to die - to put it bluntly. The Houston Medical Center has identified a group of overweight 50-60 year olds (much younger than the earlier wave of over 75) that even [bold]after intubation the doctors CANNOT oxygenate the blood. [/bold] Basically, they say that they hook to them up to machines, play with the knobs, and wait.

Florida is running out of Remdisivir and Marco Rubio is going around mad as Donald Duck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 18, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote]Don't ridicule me! I eat my feelings!

Who knew emotions were so high caloric?

by Anonymousreply 221July 18, 2020 2:05 AM

74,987 new cases in the US today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 18, 2020 2:08 AM

r220: There was a Dr. on MJ who said they were running out of Remdesivir and wondered where all the Remdesivir that Trump stockpiled (from the rest of the world) went...(prob to Putin/Russia). The stupid Red senators/governors don’t get that it doesn’t matter how much you kiss Trump’s ass, he will stab you in the back, eventually (unless you have dirt on him like Stone/Flynn).

by Anonymousreply 223July 18, 2020 2:16 AM

What’s really hilarious is that DeSantis ordered a mandatory quarantine for the 3 states that actually know what they’re doing NY/NJ/Ct. if you go to a fla hotel from any of those states you can’t use any of their facilities. But all the deplorable states can. He’s such a vengeful pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 224July 18, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote]Cases are soaring, deaths not so much

Deaths are a lagging statistic, which means that they started climbing last week in the U.S., right on schedule. Yesterday, for example, Florida hit a new daily high of 156 reported deaths. Texas beat that record today, with their own new daily high of 162 deaths. All told, over a dozen states have recorded daily high death tolls in the past week or so, with no signs that that will change anytime soon.

We're not likely to hit the numbers we saw in April but deaths are definitely climbing and I would not be at all surprised to find that our new normal is over a thousand deaths a day.

by Anonymousreply 225July 18, 2020 3:24 AM

Memorial Day and the 4th of July are responsible for much of the upturn, although deplorables will blame the BLM marches. Look for another uptick two weeks after Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 226July 18, 2020 3:33 AM

DeSantis needs to be imprisoned in the Hague and tried for genocide.

by Anonymousreply 227July 18, 2020 4:16 AM

R225 Yep, deaths up over 40% in the last two weeks. The "deaths not so much" was mostly a Pence/Trump talking point. Experts always said that increased death rates would lag after increased infection rates. And it's simple logic.

by Anonymousreply 228July 18, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote] DeSantis needs to be imprisoned in the Hague and tried for genocide.

Russia and the USA aren't part of the International Criminal Court, along with Yemen, South Sudan, Israel and others.

by Anonymousreply 229July 18, 2020 6:25 PM

Look at the crowds clamoring to ride the new Star Wars ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios yesterday:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 18, 2020 10:02 PM

Looks empty r230, was that a joke?

by Anonymousreply 231July 18, 2020 10:42 PM

CANCEL this bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 18, 2020 11:05 PM

I remember what NYC went through in March and April and wouldn't wish that terror on anybody.

On the other hand, we never maxed out our hospitals. (Nearly but never over capacity). This can only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 233July 19, 2020 12:07 AM

Thank you, R124, I honestly didn’t realize that

by Anonymousreply 234July 19, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote] This can only get worse.

Perhaps not. The virus seems to be losing some of its strength.

by Anonymousreply 235July 19, 2020 1:22 AM

From what are you inferring that, R235, in light of the unprecedented number of cases and deaths in Florida, especially considering the information that R220 has provided?

by Anonymousreply 236July 19, 2020 2:46 AM

I am in SW Florida (Naples) and zoomed a meeting this week where the city council was debating whether or not to adopt a mandatory mask ordinance (it was not approved). Heads of the two major hospitals spoke and recommended the adoption of the ordinance. They spoke of hospital beds and ICUs at near capacity and cited current increases over the seasonal norms. What was most surprising, there is a time lag in the state's reporting of deaths. We are currently looking at deaths from three weeks ago. Death certificates have to be issued and sent to the capital and tabulated by Dept of Public Health. They fired the woman who designed the Covid dashboard and was dealing with the media in their effort to hide the real numbers.

by Anonymousreply 237July 19, 2020 3:18 AM

Cesspool

by Anonymousreply 238July 19, 2020 3:25 AM

r231 Yes, it was a joke. They deserve every bit of the bad karma they are getting.

Floridians love to say how they don't have a state income tax, what they don't say is the toll roads suck $20 a week out of your wallet and get this: the first year you register your car in Florida, there is a $400.00 fee. Lots of hidden fees to make up for not having a state income tax.

by Anonymousreply 239July 19, 2020 3:54 AM

Sane folk of Florida, how do you stand it? I'd be slapping idiots daily

by Anonymousreply 240July 19, 2020 4:06 AM

I know we're talking about Florida here, but Arizona and Texas are bringing in the refrigerated 18 wheelers for the bodies. This is not getting better or going away or being handled well.

by Anonymousreply 241July 19, 2020 4:47 AM

R237 you said [quote].....They fired the woman who designed the Covid dashboard and was dealing with the media in their effort to hide the real numbers.[quote]

Was the fired woman the person altering the numbers? I thought she did not want to alter then numbers and they canned her.

by Anonymousreply 242July 19, 2020 11:10 AM

[quote] The virus seems to be losing some of its strength.

Based on what evidence?

by Anonymousreply 243July 19, 2020 3:09 PM

If u got rona in the UK you had 15% chance of dying. NYC 9%. Fla 1.6%.

by Anonymousreply 244July 19, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote]Sane folk of Florida, how do you stand it? I'd be slapping idiots daily

Really? Are your arms longer than 6 feet?

by Anonymousreply 245July 19, 2020 3:15 PM

America is crumbling before our eyes. We Germans look at you Americans and can only shake our heads. We are fassungslos. And Americans still do not believe in universal health care. The failed American response just makes all Americans appear in a negative light. Y'all deserve some collective guilt.

by Anonymousreply 246July 19, 2020 3:26 PM

R246 was asking for a US penfriend just the other day. I guess no one took him up.

by Anonymousreply 247July 19, 2020 3:44 PM

R244 Cite your source.

by Anonymousreply 248July 19, 2020 3:51 PM

[quote] If u got rona in the UK you had 15% chance of dying. NYC 9%. Fla 1.6%.

Even if that were true for FL (it’s not), you’re about to see death rates from other causes like heart attack, cancer, stroke, accidental trauma, shootings/stabbings, drug overdose, etc skyrocket because the hospital beds and ICUs are all occupied with covid-19 patients. And the doctors and nurses are either getting sick or exposed and have to leave their jobs.

THAT’S why you try to flatten the curve.

THAT’S why herd immunity was always going to be impossible.

If you flood the hospital system with pandemic patients, that system collapses altogether and no one else gets treated.

by Anonymousreply 249July 19, 2020 3:59 PM

They flattened the curve in the UK without masks.

by Anonymousreply 250July 19, 2020 4:07 PM

No, they didn’t, R250.

by Anonymousreply 251July 19, 2020 4:10 PM

The virus is NOT losing strength. Among the survivors, 55 percent have permanent heart heart damage; 1 in 7 have "sever" heart damage. These survivors may be permanently disabled - we don't know yet.

by Anonymousreply 252July 19, 2020 8:15 PM

We know so little about it. It's just best to do everything within our knowledge to help prevent more infections.

by Anonymousreply 253July 19, 2020 8:47 PM

Florida death rate: 1.4% since 1 March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 19, 2020 8:57 PM

R248: UK 15.31%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 19, 2020 9:04 PM

Mess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256July 21, 2020 10:28 PM

I don’t think there are as many morbidly obese people in those retirement villages are there are in poor areas of NY and NJ. They may be overweight, but most of the people whose photos I saw who died in NY were gigantically fat.

And white Florida retirees have pensions & health insurance, so they can afford to see a dr regularly & buy medication for their high blood pressure & diabetes while poor people can’t.

by Anonymousreply 257July 21, 2020 10:50 PM

I saw this video, I can’t remember where....maybe datalounge....where 2 ER docs talk about Covid and they said they had patients with oxygen saturations in the 50s who are completely awake & alert & breathing fine. In the past they would automatically intubate that patient. Now they just give them oxygen and let them hang out.

I wonder what that is all about.

by Anonymousreply 258July 21, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote]Will DeSantis be frequenting any of those said gyms, in his condition could be risky?

If Andrew Gillum was governor, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd be frequency everyone of those said gyms.

And so would Buck.

by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2020 12:09 PM

R256, Florida is a fucking mess

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2020 12:23 PM

There must be a shitload of deplorables in Florida? Except most of the people who get it are Healthcare workers and black.

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2020 12:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2020 1:48 PM

173 reported COVID-19 deaths today. Setting a new record in the state.

by Anonymousreply 263July 23, 2020 4:20 PM

The death lag is starting, right on time.

by Anonymousreply 264July 23, 2020 4:25 PM

NYT Miami Bureau Chief Patricia Mazzei:

Hospitals and physicians in Hialeah, Fla., at the heart of Florida’s coronavirus outbreak, sounding the alarm: “We are not going down — we are going up,” said Dr. Alberto Domínguez-Bali, an obstetrician at Hialeah Hospital. He had no Covid-19 patients 3 weeks ago. Now he has 20.

They are all pregnant women.

by Anonymousreply 265July 23, 2020 4:25 PM

It's finally starting to hit the Villages retirement community. Given the way those residents have behaved and the fact that 2/3 of them are Republicans, and hardcore Republicans at that, it's likely to get worse.

[quote]Since the beginning of July, hospital admissions of residents from The Villages have quadrupled at University of Florida Health The Villages, the hospital’s critical care doctors said. As of last week, the hospital admitted 29 Villages residents, all of them with the virus, said Dr. Anil Gogineni, a pulmonologist and critical care doctor there. That was up from the single digits three weeks before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 23, 2020 10:02 PM

I really just cannot be bothered to care.

Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

They gambled; they lost. It's really just that simple.

by Anonymousreply 267July 23, 2020 10:07 PM

Is it terrible that I feel nothing for the people suffering and dying who supported Trump, refused to wear masks or social distance and thought it was all a democratic plot?

In fact I feel very DLish. Only speak good of the dead. Good!

by Anonymousreply 268July 23, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote] florida is a cesspool. the residents - lead by craven idiots - flouted anything resembling common sense. the whole state should be drown

I’ve talked about my sister the drunken gambler who couldn’t wait to move to a Florida trailer park. Today I looked at the trailer park’s Facebook and its full of people screaming they will not live in fear. They are not afraid of catching a virus! If they catch, they catch it & God will decide what comes next. They would RATHER DIE FREE than live the rest of their lives looking like cowards.

They are even giving a hard time to kids who work in convenience stores for wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 269July 23, 2020 10:18 PM

Sounds like a bunch of terrified white trash right there, r269.

by Anonymousreply 270July 23, 2020 10:30 PM

I don’t think they are terrified at all. They’re like that dumb character in all the horror movies who says they don’t believe in ghosts/Jason/Freddie/the witch/the devil, etc and they’ll prove it. And they’re the first one to get killed.

by Anonymousreply 271July 23, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote]And they’re the first one to get killed.

Then why are so many of the fuckers still alive?

by Anonymousreply 272July 23, 2020 10:46 PM

This is the way it should work. Let the virus run through instead of trickle trickle. It will kill the elderly who are not in good shape and younger people not in good shape. Then it's over. Let it rip....

by Anonymousreply 273July 23, 2020 10:49 PM

It's difficult not to strenuously agree with R246.

You die first R273!

by Anonymousreply 274July 23, 2020 10:59 PM

r273 - Don't tempt fate.

by Anonymousreply 275July 23, 2020 11:05 PM

If The Villages are just now seeing a rise in cases, it's already too late.

The infection is already out of control. In 21 days they will start dropping like flies.

If there's one thing we should have learned by now, if you don't control it from jump, by the time you see the number of cases ramp up, it's already too late.

All you can do is try to prepare your hospitals and staff for the onslaught.

by Anonymousreply 276July 23, 2020 11:07 PM

Bring it. I hope every Trump supporter who gets it is wiped out.

by Anonymousreply 277July 24, 2020 12:02 AM

Will Latino Republicans like Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez and Senator Rubio ever cease to exist? They are such anomaly from the rest of the Republican party, in today's world especially.

by Anonymousreply 278July 24, 2020 12:13 AM

R227 I am so happy that you used the word genocide. Trump, DeSantis, Kemp are all guilty of genocide, allowing the virus to spread without a fight or leadership. 140,000 already dead. GENOCIDE.

by Anonymousreply 279July 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Let’s go to Disney World in the middle of a pandemic!

by Anonymousreply 280July 24, 2020 1:39 PM

Cases are falling, the curve is falling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 24, 2020 5:39 PM

R281 = DeSantis and Trumpet

by Anonymousreply 282July 24, 2020 5:42 PM

r281, death toll is enormous

by Anonymousreply 283July 24, 2020 5:43 PM

Not really, R281. Take out a few outlier spikes and what you have is a curve that is essentially flat, at about 10,000 cases a day, which is where the state was in early July.

by Anonymousreply 284July 24, 2020 5:48 PM

Goodbye, Florida!

by Anonymousreply 285July 24, 2020 5:50 PM

I have a condo neighbor who lives most of the year down in The Villages. He's an old creepy asshole, and leaves his condo here looking like shit 6-9 months out of the year when he's not here. I don't wish death on anyone, but I'M JUST SAYING it would be nice if his unit became available....

by Anonymousreply 286July 24, 2020 5:57 PM

R284 - but if they haven't added additional testing facilities - which they plan to this weekend - it could also mean they can only test so many people.

Plus, I just don't believe any numbers out of Florida. There's been way too much evidence of trying to distort or hide numbers.

The only state with COVID issues where I trust the numbers right now is California.

by Anonymousreply 287July 24, 2020 6:06 PM

I don't know if anyone posted this but this scientist said they asked her to lie about the numbers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 24, 2020 6:12 PM

Link to the site Rebekah Jones works with: new cases in Fla are falling, but so are new tests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Danger again, gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 1, 2020 1:15 AM

The hurricane will blow the virus back to China!

by Anonymousreply 291August 1, 2020 1:17 AM

Those cocksuckers shut down ALL the state testing sites ,I wonder why ? Could it be so they can say "Look! our numbers are down!" ?

by Anonymousreply 292August 1, 2020 1:33 AM

I live in Key West and we now have Dengue Fever hitting here. I think there are 12 cases in the keys.

by Anonymousreply 293August 1, 2020 1:35 AM

Please keep it there, Key West. I dont want it.

by Anonymousreply 294August 1, 2020 1:58 AM

How is it going to work if people have to go to refugee centers?

by Anonymousreply 295August 1, 2020 3:40 AM

r295 from what I heard the schools that are normally used for shelters will be configured for social distancing. Instead of just the common areas like gymnasiums and cafeterias being used, classrooms will be also be used to keep high risk people and individual families separated from one another.

by Anonymousreply 296August 1, 2020 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!