Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Southern states are cesspools and hell holes

I pity the miserable residents of those plague-ridden pig-sties. Texas, Florida, Arizona, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Just curse God and die already!

by Anonymousreply 71July 28, 2020 11:29 PM

I hope State borders close. Let those irresponsible selfish picks Doren in their own filth

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2020 1:02 AM

Hey! we're not all Deplorables down here!

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2020 1:11 AM

Die, or move. Your elected officials certainly don’t care about you

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2020 1:13 AM

OK, I'll move to California.

Oh, wait, they're having a surge too.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote] picks Doren

?

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2020 1:17 AM

I can't imagine all those liberals who moved to Austin for work. Ugh...apparently repukes are cruel to them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2020 1:20 AM

OP - I say the same thing all the time, and I'm an Arizona resident.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2020 1:23 AM

Eh, west coast has plenty of stupid, selfish motherfuckers, too. I've lived in CA for quite awhile, the uptick has been particularly noticeable these last few years. Maybe I just wasn't "woke" before.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2020 1:25 AM

If you're gonna destroy Texas, I demand you move me, my grandparents, and a handful of others out first.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote]I pity the miserable residents of those plague-ridden pig-sties. Texas, Florida, Arizona, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.

Plague-ridden pig-sties? Why didn't you include NY?

NY cases: 412,636.....NY deaths: 31,314

Texas cases: 125,015.....Texas deaths: 2,251

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2020 1:29 AM

Because they live in NY and kit doesn't fit the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2020 1:32 AM

Texas only started, NY has more tests and PPE than people now. Texas had 3400 new cases today, multiply that my seven and you get something closer to the total in NY

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote] kit doesn't fit the narrative

He hasn't tested positive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2020 1:35 AM

R12 I'm sure you're hoping for lots and lots more deaths, but Texas and those other states have a long way to go before reaching the horrific NY numbers.

Meanwhile...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2020 1:40 AM

I live in Georgia and it sucks. It's full of racist trump supporters. Each one, more despicable than the other. It's every stereotype of the South and MORE

And they're all christians

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2020 2:00 AM

R14 is a shit head. Typical

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2020 2:06 AM

Unfortunately, only the rich can afford to live in liberal places like California and New York. I don't want to spend $3,000 a month for a one-room apartment.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2020 2:15 AM

Hopefully, all the Trump supporters get corona and die.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2020 2:16 AM

The WashingtonPost's headline is typical: "Seven states report highest coronavirus hospitalizations since pandemic began"

The headline should read "Seven states report THEIR highest coronavirus hospitalizations since pandemic began"

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]NY cases: 412,636.....NY deaths: 31,314

[quote]Texas cases: 125,015.....Texas deaths: 2,251

NY 7.5% death rate, while Texas 1.8%. NYers must be older, fatter and weaker.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2020 2:28 AM

If you hate us so much then PLEASE stop moving here.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2020 2:30 AM

It is a case pool here in Louisiana. Not only do we have trumptards and racists, people here are really really bat shit crazy and bizarre. At least we have a democratic governor but only because the Republicans were just that bad. Bobby Jindal and Diaper Dave Vitter who liked skanky prostitutes to spank him while wearing a diaper. At least John Bel Edwards rolled out Medicaid and dental one of I think two southern states to do it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2020 2:31 AM

R17, fuck that, Michigan is doing much better than fucking Texas.

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2020 2:31 AM

R21, never will, I won’t even layover there.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Keep the south beautiful, put a yankee on a bus.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2020 2:32 AM

Go eat shit and die

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2020 2:33 AM

R25,you can’t possibly think I’d want to go where you live.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2020 2:34 AM

Rats and snakes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2020 2:35 AM

OP: I prefer to call them shitholes.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 2:37 AM

I seriously doubt the numbers for Texas are as high as they should be. We were one of the states caught conflating our numbers to make them appear lower and I wouldn't put it past Abbott to have places lie about the actual numbers. Add to that the fact that there are a ton of people in rural areas that can't/won't go to the hospital or don't have access to a hospital that would have had access to COVID tests early on.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2020 2:56 AM

R6 Bullshit. Austin is solidly 75-80% Democrat. We’re just exhausted from 150 people moving here every day.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2020 3:23 AM

While the Southern states do deserved to be crapped on, the craziest people I know seem to come from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Michigan. Generally it's the rural and suburban Americans where the Deplorables pop up more and more. California has a lot of redneck trash too for instance.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2020 4:03 AM

Proud Texan!! Sit and spin, Op.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2020 4:06 AM

Fuck off you plague rat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2020 12:10 PM

And it’s not protests but deplorable states opening up too quickly that is leading to this spread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2020 12:12 PM

And 84 percent increase in cases. And you people KNEW!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2020 12:16 PM

And shit ass southern states don’t like their numbers, just fucking change them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2020 12:54 PM

I never get the trumptard arguement that numbers are going up because of more testing. Well duh.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2020 3:06 PM

Good news, shitty southerners and their plague rats are kept out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2020 3:54 PM

Destroy Texas, R9?! Ha! You don’t have enough firepower!!

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2020 10:40 PM

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE, Jackassses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2020 4:35 PM

Cunts

by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2020 1:17 AM

I’m in Nevada. Gov. Sisolak said today people have to wear masks in public.

I just went on Nextdoor, and you’d think Sisolak ate a barbecued baby with ketchup on national television.

The Trumpublicans were screeching and screaming about how dare Sisolak tell them to wear a mask, calling Covid “the flu,” saying no one can force them to wear a mask. One guy kept posting one fake meme after another “from the ADA,” claiming if you said you had a medical condition, that means you don’t have to wear a mask, and no one can ask you what the medical condition is. Therefore no one has to wear masks. He was told those memes are all fake, the ADA says they’re fake, and the Facebook page they supposedly come from is also fake. Doesn’t care.

There is no getting through to these people. They just hate their neighbor and want to kill as many as they can. You could argue some are brainwashed by Trump to hate everyone that’s not a white male, but that’s not enough of an explanation for me. If you’re not evil to start with, you don’t love evil and want to be evil.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2020 1:32 AM

“I pity the miserable residents of those plague-ridden pig-sties. Texas, Florida, Arizona, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. Just curse God and die already. “

Are these states bastions of white trash republicans?

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2020 1:34 AM

Why do you ask? Yes

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2020 2:48 AM

R44, Arizona is the Alabama of the west. Famously racist sheriff who kept getting re-elected for years. I used to carry my birth certificate when I went there because he was throwing people in jail that “looked Mexican.” Then they couldn’t get anybody to look at their documents once they were in. He kept them in tents in the 120 degree heat and fed them rotten food. I actually got the new driver’s license that proves you’re American to travel to Arizona.

You drive along the main highway and there’s Burma-shave type signs with religious sayings on them. Republicans everywhere. Trump signs everywhere. Parts are like Deliverance with less humidity.

A whole bunch of that state is empty. You can drive for hours and never hit a gas station. And it’s hot as the seventh ring of hell. For months. It was hotter than Vegas in the summer. Which is hot.

Most of the population is in Phoenix and Tucson. The outlying areas are admired by gun-toting survivalists, so I’m guessing they’re pretty Republican.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2020 3:58 AM

R38 The mortality rate is so low because most New Yorkers have already been exposed and the numbers of infected were under reported in the early stage of the pandemic. The media conveniently leaves that part out because it doesn’t fit their narrative. Neither does the fact that New Yorkers have not been social distancing, at least to the extent people are reporting. You just have to look at the protests to see that. It’s disgusting how this has become politicized.

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2020 4:09 AM

Also during the early stage of the lockdown, people with mild symptoms Were encouraged to stay home.

by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote] NY 7.5% death rate, while Texas 1.8%. NYers must be older, fatter and weaker.

Texas is lying. Florida is lying too. There is no way on earth that they (florida) only have 3,327 deaths and over 114,018 cases. It's mathematically impossible for them to have that low of a fatality rate. Especially with all those elderly people. NO FUCKING WAY

NONE

by Anonymousreply 49June 26, 2020 4:29 AM

R49 And I’m sure all those other states are completely accurate with their information.

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2020 4:32 AM

R37, governor ron wasn't counting people in nursing homes. And he got caught. So last week he had to start counting all the Covid patients in nursing homes as part of the statistics. My friend lives there and her small county's Covid rates went up by 116 cases in one morning

by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2020 4:34 AM

R49 - while I agree the numbers are being fudged, they're not too far off from California's death rate which is accurate. Newsom and Garcetti have not been sugarcoating anything.

The numbers out of NY and other early states were because of nursing home deaths, not having any testing, and not shutting things down early enough.

Other states had more warning. Now we'll have to see what happens in 2-3 weeks. The death reporting has been covered up a bit - but it may not be THAT far off considering California's rates.

by Anonymousreply 52June 26, 2020 4:35 AM

R50, the average rate is 5 %. There's no way in the world that Florida, with all it's elderly residents only has a 2.9 % fatality rate

California shut down almost immediately. Florida and Texas didn't want to bother with any of that. They still don't.

Don't compare California to florida or texas. For one thing, the healthcare systems in California are better. Their residents are younger and healthier.

by Anonymousreply 53June 26, 2020 4:38 AM

There are two reasons why the fatality rate is lower. Infections were under reported. In the case of New york vastly under reported.And secondly better therapeutic drugs.

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2020 4:47 AM

And also less use of ventilators.

by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2020 4:48 AM

Texas is full of retards. I know people from Texas who have recently posted pictures on Instagram and it’s just like you see in the news - they’re running around out and about with no mask, not social distancing, and acting like they’re invincible. It may be a stereotype but it’s true - southern states have more ignorant people than the rest of the country.

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2020 4:54 AM

R53 - still and yet, you cannot expect the same death rates as NY or Italy or any of the first outbreaks. There wasn't enough preparation, testing, etc.

And in both cases, a large percentage of the deaths were in elder care and nursing homes.

I'm not defending these red-state governor assholes, but the death rates wouldn't be the same as NY - yet. Deaths are higher than reported but not on the magnitude of 3-4x higher.

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2020 5:03 AM

Forgive me but this thread was TL,DR. BUT OP IS A SPLINTER TROLL!

The idea that we are a UNITED STATES of America doesn’t mean that if one state feels advantaged (or COVID-disadvantaged) from another, that state should then segregate or disassociate itself from the Union. The strength of the UNITED STATES is from our union. And our enemies are looking to break the bonds that unite us.

If, when you come across something foreign to you, your first instinct is to dismiss, your civic duty is to learn. When you disagree, you should try to find compromise. From what you hate, you ought to find some humanity... it’s there!

DL is a fun place when you want to be bitchy about vapid, VAPID, and SHALLOW people. And when one person displays something completely horrendous, the yeah, bitch her (or him, but we all know it’s usually a her) out.

But stop buying into those here who are trying to sow seeds of separation, division, and however else the fuck they’d want us to say it in Russian!

So let’s go, and be bold. Do our best and mighty forces will come to our aid. It’s not too late for us to be people of substance. A country of substance.

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2020 5:08 AM

[quote] The idea that we are a UNITED STATES of America doesn’t mean that if one state feels advantaged (or COVID-disadvantaged) from another, that state should then segregate or disassociate itself from the Union.

I saw many people defend Cuomo's tri state ban even though those same people criticized Trump for his travel ban and would have done the same had a red state governor did a similar action as Cuomo. I don't necessarily disagree with having travel restrictions, but instead his desire to lecture the rest of the country when he failed so spectacularly.

And no, we shouldn't treat every state or county the same. Reopening guidelines should be driven by data.

by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2020 5:20 AM

^^^

My comments weren’t meant to imply that some quarantine would be inappropriate, . But from what little of the posts I read, it seemed that some were foaming at the mouth to secede masked upon that same data you’re calling for..

And I thought that’s inappropriate

by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote]So let’s go, and be bold. Do our best and mighty forces will come to our aid. It’s not too late for us to be people of substance. A country of substance.

lofty ideals, bunky, but nigh impossible when the Head of State eschews the virus like it were but a fantasy, and GOP governors of states use this as a political tool. Sorry, toots, the division was sown but those MUCH higher up than me. again, the US already died, what we now witness are the death rattles.

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2020 1:38 PM

OP, I’m sure after he wrote that, Goethe was told the same thing by someone. Obvious... no one’s ever heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 62June 26, 2020 5:39 PM

[quote] you cannot expect the same death rates as NY or Italy or any of the first outbreaks. I'm not defending these red-state governor assholes, but the death rates wouldn't be the same as NY

Are you high? Really. Are you high? Where do you get this wild notion of yours that I'm comparing anything to NY or Italy? I'm comparing them to entire world's rates, combined as well as comparing them other states/countries individually who have had the same amount of cases as Florida pretends to have. Just compared to any country in General. The average fatality rates for most 3rd world countries go from 4% to 15%

The fatality rates texas purports to have is lower than South Korea, who is the model for how this virus should be treated

florida, who did basically nothing to combat the virus purports to have a lower fatality rate than Germany (who were on this from day 1 with testing, treatment, masks etc). Germany has about 4.6 % fatality rate. Florida claims 2.9 % and texas claims 1.7 %

The U.S fatality rate is exactly 5 %

So go right ahead think florida and texas are telling the truth, despite just about every other state in America and every other country on earth having a higher fatality rate

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2020 2:58 AM

/ didn't mean 3rd world, meant industrialized countries

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2020 2:59 AM

Florida is a horrible, contemptible place

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2020 12:40 AM

[quote]NYers must be older, fatter and weaker.

Yep. Just look at Trump.

by Anonymousreply 66July 17, 2020 9:32 PM

[quote]So go right ahead think florida and texas are telling the truth, despite just about every other state in America and every other country on earth having a higher fatality rate

they have lying craven asshole for governors

by Anonymousreply 67July 18, 2020 12:35 PM

LOL R58 United States is such a misnomer.

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2020 2:44 AM

now, more than ever

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2020 3:21 AM

Florida now is a death camp

by Anonymousreply 70July 24, 2020 1:34 PM

Florida, six thousand new cases. Two hundred deaths today.

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 71July 28, 2020 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!