Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Julia Roberts over?

Her last five films: Money Monster, The Secret in their Eyes, Mother's Day, Wonder, and Ben is Back didn't exactly light up the box office. She also didn't get an expected Emmy nomination for the first season of Homecoming. Actually, she quit that project altogether and just stayed on as Executive Producer.

by Anonymousreply 230February 22, 2021 8:28 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2020 2:59 AM

Seems she's trying to get some attention. She posted a photo of of herself kissing her rarely seen husband and DM is running it. The comments are not kind.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2020 3:05 AM

Wonder was a huge hit. And she never intended to do more than one shot of that show. That's all she signed up for but would continue to have her name on it.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2020 3:08 AM

She will could finish her character arc in Homecoming if it gets other seasons. I haven't started season 2 yet, anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2020 3:18 AM

For me she never began. The Pretty Woman poster made her a star, and it's not even Julia's body. Shelley Michelle is more entitled to that career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2020 3:19 AM

I hope so! It’s been a LONG time since Pretty Woman, and that movie was a POS wrapping ribbons around a whore.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2020 3:20 AM

That's prostitute to you bitch!

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2020 3:22 AM

She has purposefully taken a step back to raise her kids. She's fine - this is what she wants.

Her kids are 15, 15 and 13. She doesn't want to miss these years. She's doing just enough to keep in the public eye, including the Lancome contract.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2020 3:26 AM

She has purposefully taken a step back to raise her kids. She's fine - this is what she wants.

Her kids are 15, 15 and 13. She doesn't want to miss these years. She's doing just enough to keep in the public eye, including the Lancome contract.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2020 3:26 AM

R2: It’s everything from overrated, home wrecker, and horrible human being.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2020 3:31 AM

She’s been ovah for more than a decade now

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2020 3:34 AM

[quote]The comments are not kind.

Deplorables, racists and incels are the only people who comment in the DM.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2020 3:45 AM

She knew she could never equal her acting triumph in "The Normal Heart.," so she's given up.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote] The Pretty Woman poster made her a star, and it's not even Julia's body. Shelley Michelle is more entitled to that career.

Does that mean Ann-Margret is entitled to Oprah's career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2020 3:50 AM

Still here. Taking anything she doesn't want.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2020 3:50 AM

Roberts had an excellent run. Even if she never works again, she would be considered a long term success. I saw Money Monster a few years back and didn't know what to make of it, it wasn't absolutely terrible but it was all over the place thematically.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2020 3:51 AM

Yes. Another phony Southern Belle by the name of Reese she has taken her spot.

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2020 3:53 AM

Julia and Meryl are still the top choices for any role for an actress over 50. For US productions at least. But both have a name in any country. She will always have a chance at a decent role if she wants it. I'm sure she wants that second Oscar but she doesn't seem in any rush yet to get it. But if she wants a role and wanted to work all the time like Meryl any production would be happy to have her. That's just fact. She still has many powerful friends to get her anything she wants. She is one of the last modern legends.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2020 4:17 AM

Julia and Meryl are still the top choices for any role for an actress over 50. For US productions at least. But both have a name in any country. She will always have a chance at a decent role if she wants it. I'm sure she wants that second Oscar but she doesn't seem in any rush yet to get it. But if she wants a role and wanted to work all the time like Meryl any production would be happy to have her. That's just fact. She still has many powerful friends to get her anything she wants. She is one of the last modern legends.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2020 4:17 AM

When "The Normal Heart" was finally made into a movie Julia Roberts was given the pivotal role of the doctor. Considering that she is supposed to be a good actress she brought no fire to the role at all - it was as though she as doing her impersonation of Madonna. And to think that Babs ( who would have been better in the long run) recommended her for the part. Yuk!

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2020 4:35 AM

Babs actually had her cast her when she was set to direct. And she was very good in the role. Julia also helped Miss Murphy get it to her friend Brad Pitt's Plan B company that made it happen. There's a reason her purchased husband was the DP. That's why Ryan gave her a special mention at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2020 4:40 AM

While I was never a fan or saw what was so special about her, she just had that it factor.

To stay in the business, she could follow in the footsteps of Reese and Nicole down the producer route. It’s hard to be an actress over 60 unless you’re Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2020 4:47 AM

I think Wonder did pretty well but it's easy to forget she is in it

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2020 4:49 AM

Pretty much. She was a huge star but like Michelle Pfeiffer and many others, she has not figured out how to be popular after 40. Plus she never was that good to begin with as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2020 4:58 AM

I called it early. I said it from the beginning "That Julia Roberts girl. She has it. She's gonna be a star."

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2020 5:03 AM

She suffers from mental illness and is unlikable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2020 5:14 AM

There's got to be something positive this year. And that would be it for me. I remember when she won that Oscar and would not shut the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2020 5:15 AM

Julia Roberts is never over. She is the modern day legend.

by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2020 5:23 AM

Ugh Goop's fawning is cringeworthy. I remember trying to listen to the podcast when it came out and I had to stop. Two nasty entitled bitches telling each other how great they are. And Paltrow claiming my "great friend" bullshit was nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2020 5:24 AM

Do young people even know who she is? She lost all of her mojo after having children.

And Streep is 70! I don’t think she is getting all the roles, there are just not that money for women over 40. Maybe Julia could come back on a TV show, but it’s hard for me to imagine her carrying a movie again.

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2020 5:25 AM

The modern day legend? What? Even Sharon Stone is better

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2020 5:26 AM

I think she's the last actress most young people know as an old star. But no they like JLaw for this role now.

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2020 5:28 AM

Even JLaw is old news! The number one girl now is Margot Robbie

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2020 5:30 AM

It's hilarious that you imagine producers are trying to decide between Julia and Meryl. Roberts can't act her way out of a room. And the second Oscar? We'll see the second coming first. Even Julia's ego-raddled brain must know the one she has is a total gift.

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2020 5:32 AM

R33 young American kids barely know who Margot is. JLaw hasn't given them much lately but that's stil their girl.

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2020 5:33 AM

[quote]Michelle Pfeiffer and many others, she has not figured out how to be popular after 40.

Michelle has a rich husband and has never struck me as having an ambitious drive, especially after she had children.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2020 5:37 AM

I still love Michelle. And she's a really fine actress. I would love to see her work more.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2020 5:39 AM

No actress has cracked the over 40 unless they produce their own material. Julia is ... different now. She is no longer bubbly and her mom roles are okay but not the same.

by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2020 5:43 AM

R34 do you understand how casting works? No they probably don't go up for the same roles but producers if you bring them a script with a good mom or grandma roles they will automatically think Meryl for grannies and Julia for moms. They are the most recognizable names in any country for that age range. And if it's an older woman role with an age range that is flexible they will definitely consider both. It's not that either will be right for the role. But that is how producers begin their casting process. So yes. Producers will have her in mind until she no longer wants to act.

by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2020 5:49 AM

Yes dear. And NO ONE is thinking of Julia as someone who can either 1) act or 2) any longer puts butts in seats.

by Anonymousreply 40July 5, 2020 5:51 AM

That’s depressing. Cate Blanchett is much better

by Anonymousreply 41July 5, 2020 5:51 AM

I hate to say it, but Jennifer Anniston is bigger now than Julia. She, Reese and Nicole have cornered the market on middle age

by Anonymousreply 42July 5, 2020 5:55 AM

Julia turned down Blue Jasmine that's why Cate said Juila suck it in her acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 43July 5, 2020 5:59 AM

Maybe Julia can do an All About Eve type film. She is big enough that one good role would propel her.

by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2020 6:06 AM

But what about ME???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2020 6:07 AM

Wonder was a great movie about being kind. One of the best movies that year.

by Anonymousreply 46July 5, 2020 6:11 AM

Julia Roberts has star power, in the true sense, comparable to those of the golden age of Hollywood - have any of you seen Ocean's Eleven? I tried recasting her in my mind and I couldn't think of anyone who carried as much weight as she does in the film, you even forgive her that Matt Damon staircase scene, which seemed more a sly comment on her star power from Soderbergh than anything else, the whole film having shades of that throughout

by Anonymousreply 47July 5, 2020 6:17 AM

I agree R35 - love Jennifer and wish that she was more visible these days. She has the name and bankability so I am confused as to why she has become so stagnant. I guess that everyone has a right to time off - particularly when you have her sort of money.

by Anonymousreply 48July 5, 2020 6:19 AM

Datalounge would love nothing more than to say Julia Roberts is over, but stars of that magnitude are never over, even if their careers have slowed down in later years. Julia was the first actress to receive $20 million per picture, and all of her romcoms grossed over $100 million domestically in the 90s and early 2000s. And she's an Oscar winner.

The woman is Hollywood royalty and a living legend at this point. She has nothing else to prove.

by Anonymousreply 49July 5, 2020 6:23 AM

Soderbergh knew just how to use her. He's the reason Erin Brockvovich has gravitas. He threw her right into a sumptuous star turn. The movie almost has a 70s feel about it. The photography and wonderful lighting was a part of the show. She looked luminous even with the shadows of window shades across her face. The film is extremely well shot.

by Anonymousreply 50July 5, 2020 6:24 AM

Wonder did well and it's a very popular movie due to the book and it will undoubtedly be one of those movies that's played on TV for years to come.

Julia got good reviews for Ben is Back but it was never destined to be a big box office hit.

I think she's done some really interesting work over the past 10 years August: Osage County, The Normal Heart, Wonder, Ben is Back.

When she is really determined, I think Julia can light up the big screen again. I think she really is more interested in being a mother and enjoying her life. She has already made iconic movies, won an Oscar, is still considered a star and has lots of money.

by Anonymousreply 51July 5, 2020 6:24 AM

Ben is back sucked

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2020 6:27 AM

The tabloid at the grocery store says Julia Roberts is not a nice person Lol.

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2020 6:32 AM

She and Danny have been married for 20 years now, imagine. Also I like that she doesn’t really spout off about politics.

by Anonymousreply 54July 5, 2020 6:35 AM

[quote]And Paltrow claiming my "great friend" bullshit was nauseating.

Paltrow is a climber. She had talent when she started but she was too scattered and shallow (Hal!) to go after good, serious projects. Eh... she's had the life she's wanted, I guess. I'd be looking back with a lot of regret if I were her today but she probably isn't given to much introspection.

Her Mom, however, is beyond wonderful. I have always liked her looks and talent.

by Anonymousreply 55July 5, 2020 6:44 AM

R25 Kate said this after Pretty Woman which makes her claim a foregone conclusion. Shit we all knew it then.

by Anonymousreply 56July 5, 2020 6:46 AM

Somehow Paltrow has ties to every queen bitch in town. Never the lowly wannabes. This bitch has to hob nob with all the big shots. She must be a conniving maneuvering little cunt. Albeit smart in her ways.

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2020 6:57 AM

People get old. It happens. It’s the goal. Unrelated to Julia : with netflix , etc - i never go to the movies anymore. I watched the latest oscar winner -Parasite- on streaming. It took @ 3 or so months to arrive there

by Anonymousreply 58July 5, 2020 6:57 AM

But at least she has won an Oscar and was anointed the America Sweetheart for a while, while G has neither!

by Anonymousreply 59July 5, 2020 7:02 AM

Julia was not right for Blue Jasmine. Woody was either just trying to get the movie made or he still wanted to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 60July 5, 2020 7:06 AM

A set with Julia and THE Debra Winger coulda been epic.

by Anonymousreply 61July 5, 2020 7:10 AM

Julia was over before she began. She simply couldn’t get Soderbergh to direct her in every film, or me to play off in every scene. Now I’m dead I can say that.

—A. Finney

by Anonymousreply 62July 5, 2020 7:25 AM

Julia ended after America’s Sweethearts..she’s a 90s icon and she remains there. We’ll always appreciate her contribution to cinema. Unfortunately, after she won her Oscar, she seemed to lose her ability to carry a film and every film she did after, she seemed to be smaller than the stars she was cast with.

The minute she showed up in Ocean’s 11 looking older and playing second fiddle to the boys, she was done. She didn’t stand out. I can’t picture actresses like Charlize or Halle who’ve had much smaller careers than Julia allowing themselves to play such minimized roles and be washed out by the rest of the cast. It’s like she lost whatever ambition she had or felt that she had peaked kinda like Whitney after “I will always love you”. Perhaps she had to make herself small so her husband would not be threatened by her career.

I just can’t imagine her captivating or fascinating anyone in a film now.

by Anonymousreply 63July 5, 2020 1:12 PM

I want to know more about her heroin addiction.

by Anonymousreply 64July 5, 2020 1:17 PM

Julia needs someone like Bong Joon Ho or Michael Haneke to direct her in another phase of her illustrious career.

by Anonymousreply 65July 5, 2020 1:28 PM

There was a scene in Ocean's 11 where she made an entrance and she just clomped and carried her self like a linebacker, nothing graceful about her.

On a DL thread about celeb encounters there was a flight atendent story about some someone serving her drinks and referring to her as "Miss" or "Ma'am" so as not to call attention to her and her going off on them with something like "You fucking know my name.." .

She sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 66July 5, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote] On a DL thread about celeb encounters there was a flight attendant story about some someone serving her drinks

Oh well THAT sure sounds credible

by Anonymousreply 67July 5, 2020 2:44 PM

When I lived in New Mexico, Julia always had a bad reputation as being a bitch to the locals in Taos, where she lives.

I never ran into her, but that's her reputation around there. I wonder if it's the same in Hollywood. Can you get far in Hollywood if you treat people like garbage? JLaw would know, she treats the media like crap during interviews.

by Anonymousreply 68July 5, 2020 2:48 PM

I’ve always preferred her brother Eric.

by Anonymousreply 69July 5, 2020 2:51 PM

Julia looked like a horse clopping down the stairs in Ocean's 11 in her evening gown. It was laughable that she was meant to look sexy.

by Anonymousreply 70July 5, 2020 3:00 PM

Frau thread. People can’t accept that she is over

by Anonymousreply 71July 5, 2020 3:24 PM

When was the last time anyone genuinely had an interest in her acting or worse, her personal life. The only people that care about her are people magazine when they are feeling nostalgic or trying to appeal to an old demographic. She is OVER!

And yes, she ended in that Ocean’s 11 movie when at the height of her career and Hollywood power, she lowered herself to the position of playing the girlfriend or wife of George Clooney or Brad Pitt (sorry I don’t remember exactly). In a time when women were playing powerful kick ass roles like the huge Charlie’s Angels movies she was basically debasing herself to play a girlfriend...the role that actresses with power refuse to play..stupid! No one could see her as a leading lady after that.

by Anonymousreply 72July 5, 2020 4:20 PM

It’s just the way of the world. You’re hot for a while, and then things cool off. Your original hotness allows you to do well, win an Oscar, make some clunkers, get married, get divorced and then sail toward your latter years. If you somehow keep your name in the news, you still have some mileage left. Some fade away by choice, some fade away because their time has passed. Without the studio system of yesteryear, very few stay hot forever. Julia is still a star, but not because she’s the current “it” girl, but because we remember what made her a star. She’s moved on; we’ve moved on too. But she remains in our heads...even if she’s only playing the girlfriend next time ‘round.

by Anonymousreply 73July 5, 2020 7:06 PM

Her popularity was based on the fact that she had that great big happy smile and that the camera loves her. She never was an actress--she was more like Joan Crawford in the 20s and 30s: the idealized picture of youthful vivacity. But once she became middle aged it was mostly over for her.

by Anonymousreply 74July 5, 2020 7:10 PM

“I love my life!”

I always hated she said that at the Oscars. It was obnoxious. I’ve sort of forgiven her. Not entirely, but enough.

by Anonymousreply 75July 5, 2020 7:10 PM

According to Rupert Everett, Julia was quite threatened by the much younger up and coming Cameron Diaz..and this was in 97. Makes sense that she was over by 2001 when Oceans 11 came out and she more than anyone must have known her time was up.

Like r73 said, her career was built out of her smile and youthful vivacity..I mean, she was “Pretty Woman” and had the Mona Lisa smile (Nottingham Hill) so it makes sense that when she stopped being young and pretty, she was over! Has she ever been considered sexy or done any sex scenes? She was 34 in oceans 11 and looked 44. She never even had a sexy 40s phase like some other actresses (like Demi Moore), she’s never had a comeback since her decline..it’s just sad.

She’s now 10 years older than Richard Gere was in Pretty Woman, the movie that made her famous. She’s OVER!

by Anonymousreply 76July 5, 2020 10:11 PM

Does she still carry on her longtime affairs with Denzel Washingtom and Dermot Mulroney?

by Anonymousreply 77July 5, 2020 10:16 PM

R77 if only there was tea there!

by Anonymousreply 78July 5, 2020 10:20 PM

Funnily enough I just saw August: Osage County and I thought Julia was easily the best part of the movie. She has a bright future.

by Anonymousreply 79July 5, 2020 10:22 PM

When?

by Anonymousreply 80July 5, 2020 10:23 PM

Didn't Sandra B. throw some shade A Low Julia's way years ago? Sandy made some comments about what a "nice guy" Benjamin Bratt was and not quite understanding his pairing with Julia. Then when Ben married his current wife Sandy said something to the effect of "Well now that makes more sense.".

by Anonymousreply 81July 5, 2020 10:30 PM

I think like Cameron Diaz, she has given up. She is moving to San Francisco to retire.

by Anonymousreply 82July 5, 2020 10:48 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 83July 5, 2020 10:52 PM

R75- She didn’t say that.

by Anonymousreply 84July 5, 2020 10:52 PM

Yes she did say "I love my life." when she presented Denzel with the Oscar. I was watching.

by Anonymousreply 85July 5, 2020 10:55 PM

Julia may have been threated by Cameron, but Cameron still stole the movie. And by allowing Cameron to shine, it made Julia look good. By not winning the guy in the end, Julia showed that she could be both a star and let her ego take a hit. My Best Friend's Wedding was the beginning of her second wave in the '90s after a few flops. She had more hits until she won her Oscar.

I'm actually surprised Julia is so loathed on DL. I loved her in My Best Friend's Wedding with Rupert Everett. I loved their chemistry and friendship and it was so much more believable than that shitty egofest The Next Best Thing with Madge and Rupert. Also, Julia was excellent in The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 86July 5, 2020 11:33 PM

Over the years, Julia has been disliked for her cheating, massive ego and poor film choices.

by Anonymousreply 87July 6, 2020 12:05 AM

R86 I don’t think people hate her because of her acting. It’s because she peaked and became the queen of Hollywood and it went to her head and simultaneously she started sucking hard in movies. She was great in My Best Friend’s Wedding and even though Cameron was great too, I don’t think she stole the movie. I actually think all 4 leads, Julia, Benjamin, Cameron and Rupert were terrific in that movie.

Now compare Julia in that to Ocean’s 11 where she had zero charisma and just looked tired while Brad and George just oozed endless charisma. Dame Helen Mirren would have done a better job in that role! By the way, Catherine Zeta Jones stole the movie in America’s Sweethearts. Julia was clearly ready to stop being a lead by that movie and we agreed to support her wish.

by Anonymousreply 88July 6, 2020 12:42 AM

Julia Roberts is one of, if not the most liked actress by Hollywood insiders. So these rumors that everyone in Hollywood hates her is just balderdash.

by Anonymousreply 89July 6, 2020 12:55 AM

Eat Pray Love which Miss M directed like a TV show with a huge budget was awful but it did modest business. I don't think she has any desire to be front and center anymore and there are no more roles like that at 50. I'm sure if she wants to work and something good comes her way she does it otherwise is probably over that lifestyle. Most non commercial movies now are all indie now and I doubt she's looking to be in a super hero movie so I'm sure her name would help almost any indie movie get made. You queens are crazy if you don't think her agents get offers daily especially from indie producers with budgets in 1-10m area.

by Anonymousreply 90July 6, 2020 12:56 AM

R89 - Hi Julia!

by Anonymousreply 91July 6, 2020 12:58 AM

Julia supposedly doesn't get along with a lot of her contemporaries like Sandy, Nicole Kidman, Charlize, and Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 92July 6, 2020 12:58 AM

r21 can you elaborate? sounds like utter bullshit to me. "helped get it to Plan B"? Very curious as to what you think went down because how you wrote it makes no sense in terms of the way projects move through different financiers, directors, producers, and talent.

by Anonymousreply 93July 6, 2020 1:02 AM

yes, she is "over". it took 27 years of lead roles, over a dozen huge hits, $500 million in acting fees, an Oscar, and probably another $100 million in cosmetic endorsements before people realized she wasn't that talented or likable. Good thing that got figured out before she entered a third decade as a bankable leading lady who can sell tickets to theaters that may not even exist in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 94July 6, 2020 1:10 AM

She has seemed off to me ever since Mirror, Mirror. She was good in Ben is Back, but that was kind of a TV movie. Maybe it’s just age, but going by the titles in OP’s first post maybe she needs a new agent.

by Anonymousreply 95July 6, 2020 1:14 AM

Actually they all have the same agent, Kevin Huvane. Something is off with her though. A lot of actresses can never evolve with their audiences.

by Anonymousreply 96July 6, 2020 1:26 AM

It’s her face. Drained of any joy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 6, 2020 1:33 AM

Who knew that Julia had a stan almost as crazy as the Lange Loon?

by Anonymousreply 98July 6, 2020 1:36 AM

R92 her friendship with Brad and Jennifer would probably explain a dislike for Anjelina if one exists but she made a movie with Kidman. However I've never seen her even acknowledge Sandra Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 99July 6, 2020 1:38 AM

Please don't accidentally dog whistle the Lange loon. Not today.

by Anonymousreply 100July 6, 2020 1:40 AM

She's definitely Team Aniston so I'm sure she dislikes Angie. Since Bullock is more popular, Julia probably hates her too. I'm sure she resents the fact that Charlize is 10x prettier than her.

by Anonymousreply 101July 6, 2020 1:49 AM

I didn’t know she had fallen on hard times! Condolences

by Anonymousreply 102July 6, 2020 1:52 AM

r101 Sandra is more popular than Julia ? LMAO. Where ? In your bobblehead ?

by Anonymousreply 103July 6, 2020 2:01 AM

Sandra has had recent giant hits with Oceans 8 and Bird Box. Not great films but more people saw those two movies than the five Julia films cited above. Plus she is younger looking than Julia and more popular, even though she is older than sickly Julia.

by Anonymousreply 104July 6, 2020 2:10 AM

Does she still love her life though?

by Anonymousreply 105July 6, 2020 2:12 AM

Kevin Huvane represents or has represented most of all the top actors in Hollywood at some point. You don't really replace Kevin Huvane.

by Anonymousreply 106July 6, 2020 2:12 AM

Well then even he can’t beat a dead horse.

by Anonymousreply 107July 6, 2020 2:13 AM

I hated "August: Osage County". I couldn't wait for it to end. If I hadn't been with another person, I would have left early; a thing I've never done before.

Except for Chris Cooper's character, I loathed everybody, the plot, the depressing, yet phony "deepness of it. Ugh.

Still, I thought Roberts offered the better performance than Streep.

I agree with those who refer to Roberts as a legend. While I may not be a fan, nevertheless, there is no denying that she deserves that description.

by Anonymousreply 108July 6, 2020 2:42 AM

Not only is Julia over, the whole Hollywood uber movie system is ovah. Unless you’re making violent movies for bored, middle class teenage boys, go ahead and release your movie on Amazon Prime. If you’re lucky people will pay to see it. But even my public library has a streaming channel with decent content for free. Warmest regards Hollywood during these difficult times. Anyone with a camera and a dream can be a celebrity for 15 minutes these days. And those people seem to have a lot more talent and charisma than Ms. Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 109July 6, 2020 2:44 AM

Ghoulia, The Legend of Phoniness

by Anonymousreply 110July 6, 2020 3:15 AM

There's a clip somewhere of a Mystic Pizza reunion where all the interviewers and other cast members are sucking up to Julia and they do a string of questions about the shoot. One is about who had most fun and they all said Julia and her reaction to why you could see Lili Taylor slowly murdering her in her mind and trying her hardest to keep her eyes from rolling. I mean she tried her hardest but Lili wanted to cut a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 111July 6, 2020 4:03 AM

IMHO she lost all her appeal when she started to age. She always had oversized features and the blush of youth made her pretty and she looked good on camera. But now in middle age her plain features - big nose, big ears, big mouth, horse face are more prominent and she looks like a witch. Of course she has a beauty contract but that is all Photoshop. I just don’t think she is a nice person and that is borne out by several production and press people I know who have worked with her. She has NO project lined up and nothing in the can. It was a big hit to her ego that she did not get Oscar or Emmy nods for her recent work.

by Anonymousreply 112July 6, 2020 4:40 AM

Her hair. That was the only thing remarkable about her.

by Anonymousreply 113July 6, 2020 4:46 AM

She should not have made the weird snow white movie.

by Anonymousreply 114July 6, 2020 4:58 AM

I just watched Wonder. A terrific movie. Julia was good in it.

She still has charisma and she still looks good. She does not look like a witch.

by Anonymousreply 115July 6, 2020 5:04 AM

Witchy Poo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 6, 2020 5:24 AM

R114 Mirror Mirror was weird???

by Anonymousreply 117July 6, 2020 5:48 AM

I’m not a proponent of plastic surgery or “work” for celebs but Julia could use some little work..maybe some filler and some Botox.

by Anonymousreply 118July 6, 2020 4:14 PM

Personally I think Julia HAS had work. I noticed a few years ago, maybe inching closer to ten, that her eyebrows were higher than they were when she was younger and didn't move when she talked or laughed. I also think she got a boob lift since I also saw her a pic of her in a bikini in Hawaii. Again, perkier (not bigger) than they were in her youth. Subtle work but work.

by Anonymousreply 119July 6, 2020 4:26 PM

Do you guys remember when she was Oprah’s favorite? Her and John Travolta? I would really like to know if she keeps in touch with them. We need a proper Hollywood insider on DL to spill tea for us!

by Anonymousreply 120July 6, 2020 4:32 PM

Send her mouth to the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 121July 6, 2020 4:47 PM

Yes, there are a lot of similarities between Julia Roberts and John Travolta. Here today gone tomorrow, aged poorly and, audiences are meh with all their comebacks.

by Anonymousreply 122July 6, 2020 5:12 PM

I remember an interview she had with Oprah (during the Dubya era) where both of them were gloating and cackling together about how great it is to be rich.

I don't think that would play so well in today's climate.

by Anonymousreply 123July 6, 2020 5:40 PM

R26 She reminds me of Crawford in that pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 6, 2020 6:40 PM

She is rather Crawfordesque in her demeanor and over inflated sense of self. This is the problem with Julia and a number of similar celebs who’ve reached great heights of success or celebrity - they seem to think that they are timeless and that they are above changing with the times for the sake of their career..somehow, they think they are classics who will always be wanted by the public for as long as they live..cut to her and Aniston having to join Instagram when they thought it was beneath them. Eventually they realize that time stops for no one not even Julia Roberts. Well, maybe for Brad Pitt haha.

by Anonymousreply 125July 6, 2020 7:23 PM

This article talks about a bit of the mess she was in 1991. Sounds like she was on the H diet.

I liked her in the 90s. I didn't think about her much after her Academy Award. She was good in August Osage County.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 6, 2020 7:38 PM

Does she fool anyone with that contemptuous smile. It just seems 100% fake and hard to overcome.

by Anonymousreply 127July 6, 2020 10:31 PM

Didn’t Julia become so famous we could no longer see her characters in movies and all we could see was Julia Roberts? That’s what I think happened to her career.

by Anonymousreply 128July 6, 2020 11:57 PM

Heroin was the real reason her relationship with Sutherland ended. She swore to him she was done with it but then just before the wedding he caught her shooting up with Patric and left them both. She eventually got clean because being rich and famous was more important to her than getting high.

by Anonymousreply 129July 7, 2020 4:24 AM

I thought the real reason she broke up with Sutherland was because some tabloid printed pics of him hanging out with a stripper while he and Julia were engaged. The stripper ended up blabbing in that same tabloid article about how Sutherland called Julia bad in bed and that she had no tits. Which is pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 130July 7, 2020 5:04 AM

[Quote] The stripper ended up blabbing in that same tabloid article about how Sutherland called Julia bad in bed and that she had no tits. Which is pretty funny.

Funny and entirely plausible.

by Anonymousreply 131July 7, 2020 8:43 AM

I got a kick out of Sutherland showing up in a groom's tux to host SNL that first Saturday after their break-up hit the tabs.

by Anonymousreply 132July 7, 2020 12:17 PM

The stripper story broke up that engagement. And Miss Thing went through her heroine phase with BOTH Sutherland and Patric. She cleaned up after she was done with both. I think she only likes her weed now. Maybe a little line here and there.

by Anonymousreply 133July 7, 2020 3:38 PM

If Julia is over, who's under?

by Anonymousreply 134July 7, 2020 3:52 PM

smack talking your girlfriend/boyfriend to get off while screwing around is cheap - you're already with a stripper just shut up and have fun you bitch Kiefer!

by Anonymousreply 135July 7, 2020 3:54 PM

Movie stars used to be the franchises. The benefit of that was that they would mix things up and do non commercial films that would otherwise not get made. Now we have no stars. Brie Larson is not a star. She’s joyless.

by Anonymousreply 136July 7, 2020 4:02 PM

Cannot believe Julia did Heroin clearly this is BS

by Anonymousreply 137July 7, 2020 5:14 PM

I'm another one who prefers Michelle Pfeiffer even though she looks a bit brittle being so thin.

by Anonymousreply 138July 7, 2020 6:08 PM

I remember that whole 1991 period. It was a big scandal and long before social media, and we have never learned the real truth. It's been so long that I had forgotten that Julia and Kiefer were together, and forgot they were in Flatliners together. Though it was a good film, and was Julia's first film after Pretty Women, a completely different film from PW.

by Anonymousreply 139July 7, 2020 11:58 PM

It was widely gossiped at the time that Julia was so erratic on Hook because she was high and out of it.

by Anonymousreply 140July 8, 2020 12:17 AM

After all these years, and surely countless times being in the same room, Julia and Sandra Bullock still won't pose together for a single photo. Not even just for bullshit PR.

by Anonymousreply 141July 8, 2020 1:44 AM

R140 I wonder what it was like on set with Robin and Julia high as a kite 🤔

by Anonymousreply 142July 8, 2020 8:06 AM

Spielberg won't work with her again

by Anonymousreply 143July 8, 2020 8:49 AM

Is Steven Speilberg "over"?

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2020 2:56 PM

or however you spell his name!

by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2020 2:58 PM

r141 I think I read it here on DL in an old thread about a reporter once trying to ask Julia about Bullock and her quickly dismissing them and saying she didnt have an opinion about her because she's never seen any of her movies. Or words to the effect. They had a clipped response to the question and the quote reeked of hissing, kill with kindness, cunting.

by Anonymousreply 146July 8, 2020 4:18 PM

So Julia pulled a Mariah Carey-like "I don't know her" response to Sandra? Ha!

by Anonymousreply 147July 8, 2020 5:31 PM

Sandra Bullock is Darfur Orphan's Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 148July 8, 2020 6:10 PM

You all expect too much of Julia, she really is just a girl..standing in front of a boy..well you get what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 149July 8, 2020 9:29 PM

I can't imagine how much bigger and worse it would have been in the age of Social Media, but I do think A Low Vera hurt her as well. It got a lot of press. Even Oprah confronted her about it (and of course, she was a bitch about it). She was no longer America's Sweetheart/Girl-Next-Door after that. More people woke up and figured out what DL knew all along: she's a stone cold cunt.

by Anonymousreply 150July 9, 2020 2:17 AM

I’m sure she’s been humbled by life since that time.

by Anonymousreply 151July 9, 2020 2:28 AM

Oprah: Why did you wear that T-shirt? [Julia was photographed wearing a shirt that read A LOW VERA. Some thought this was a reference to Danny's ex-wife, Vera.] What was that about?

Julia: You know what that was about? It was private.

Oprah: Okay.

Julia: I stand by my T-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 152July 9, 2020 2:34 AM

^^^I dislike them both, immensely and intensely.

by Anonymousreply 153July 9, 2020 2:39 AM

she's OVAH

by Anonymousreply 154July 9, 2020 2:39 AM

When someone says someone is over, that doesn't apply to a legend like Julia Roberts. She is going to be an icon one day. She can never be over because she delivered smash after smash in the 90s and propelled that into a critical acclaim caliber resume in the 2000s. When you think of the romcom film genre, you think of Julia. When you think of female stars of the 90s/new millenium you think of Julia. This girl was a box office king for over a decade. And she didn't do in a stupid costume, behind layers of makeup and muscle.

by Anonymousreply 155July 9, 2020 2:51 AM

Julia Roberts and critical acclaim do not belong in the same sentence

by Anonymousreply 156July 9, 2020 3:00 AM

r156, STFU. You make a legacy. You create art.

by Anonymousreply 157July 9, 2020 3:01 AM

The legacy my dog leaves on the lawn is about as artistic as anything Roberts has left onscreen. Now trot along and take your meds R157. You can play Pretty Woman tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 158July 9, 2020 3:07 AM

Of course she is over. She lost her appeal. The greats like Streep and even Tom Hanks managed to grow and evolve. She is a shadow of her former self and audiences are not into her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 159July 9, 2020 3:09 AM

r158, FUCK UP AND DIE IN A CORONA GREASE FIRE. YOU LOW RENT HO.

by Anonymousreply 160July 9, 2020 3:10 AM

You fags love to tear down allys.

by Anonymousreply 161July 9, 2020 3:35 AM

Rest In Peace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 9, 2020 3:37 AM

You could say her career's at a low.

by Anonymousreply 163July 9, 2020 6:16 AM

Smiling is pretty much the only facial expression she makes on screen. I hope she’s ovah.

by Anonymousreply 164July 9, 2020 2:25 PM

R155 no one’s checking for her. Even JHO of all people can carry a movie more than Julia. That’s a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 165July 9, 2020 3:41 PM

Julia is a silver screen legend counted among the likes of Hepburns, Liz Taylor, Bette Davis and Garbo.

by Anonymousreply 166July 9, 2020 3:49 PM

[quote] When someone says someone is over, that doesn't apply to a legend like Julia Roberts. She is going to be an icon one day.

R155 is being facetious.

We appreciate the humour.

Haha. Julia Roberts an “icon”? You’re so funny.

by Anonymousreply 167July 9, 2020 3:56 PM

Other than Magnolias (which she should have won the oscar for) , I've never had a desire to watch her in anything else. I don't think she's a bad actress, but there's nothing magnetic about her. And I get the same impression from her in interviews, that I do with Witherspoon. Both are trying too hard to be relatable and lovable, and if comes off as fake.

I'm not a huge fan of Bullock, but watching Speed in the theaters, you just knew she was going to be a breakout star. She had a charm that elevated what would have been a basic run of the mill average summer action film. Keanu and her were fantastic together. Plus, she's more authentic than most actresses out there.

by Anonymousreply 168July 9, 2020 4:02 PM

Not r155 but come on r167 she must be a modern day icon for her status in the 90s. Who are the iconic actresses of the last 50 years? Surely she’s in the top 10. Is Sandra Bullock an icon? Is Meg Ryan an icon? Is Goldie Hawn an icon?

We’re not living in the studio days so the idea of us seeing icons like Davis, Dietrich and Garbo or even Liz who came later than those ladies is delusional. And Meryl is obviously in a league of her own but for other normal actresses, who are the icons?

by Anonymousreply 169July 9, 2020 4:09 PM

She has run her course. I can’t remember her last decent film. Next.

by Anonymousreply 170July 9, 2020 4:32 PM

but that's just the question who is 'Next.' in terms of star power, is there anyone?

by Anonymousreply 171July 9, 2020 4:34 PM

That’s a good question...the days of A-listers getting multimillion dollar paydays because they “can carry” a film are over. I don’t know if anyone has replaced Julia. JLaw, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2020 4:58 PM

Uh, Julia is no Garbo or Bette Davis. Yes, she is a modern era icon but not at their level of talent.

I would say the modern female icons are in no particular order: Roberts, Streep, Bullock, Kidman, Foster, Hawn, Streisand, Cher, Fonda, Lawrence, Moore and Viola Davis (jk)

Roberts has not yet won the AFI. She received some award in NY and it was only attended by her cronies

by Anonymousreply 173July 9, 2020 5:05 PM

Julia was honored by the AFI about a decade ago

by Anonymousreply 174July 9, 2020 5:08 PM

Nope. She has not received the AFI (yet)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 9, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] I would say the modern female icons are in no particular order: Roberts, Streep, Bullock, Kidman, Foster, Hawn, Streisand, Cher, Fonda, Lawrence, Moore and Viola Davis (jk)

I would add Glenn Close to that list as well. True, she's not an Oscar winner, but she has delivered some icon, memorable performances throughout her career.

by Anonymousreply 176July 9, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote]I would say the modern female icons are in no particular order: Roberts, Streep, Bullock, Kidman, Foster, Hawn, Streisand, Cher, Fonda, Lawrence, Moore and Viola Davis (jk)

Viola Davis is far more popular than Julianne Moore. Julianne Moore is hardly an icon.

Goldie Hawn hasn't been a huge icon since the 90's. She's made two movies in the last twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 177July 9, 2020 5:18 PM

I added Goldie because she was so iconic in the 70’s and 80’s.

by Anonymousreply 178July 9, 2020 5:19 PM

And Michelle Pfeiffer. Still hoping she makes a comeback

by Anonymousreply 179July 9, 2020 5:21 PM

Her wretched southern accent in Magnolias should have barred her from any further film work. Unfortunately, it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 180July 9, 2020 5:50 PM

R173 I would add Sally Field and in a few years, depending on how their careers progress, I would add Charlize Theron, Reece Whitherspoon, Jennifer Aniston and Angelina. These 4 have a lot of power in Hollywood and have been relevant for a long time. Honorable mentions...had they sustained their careers, Goop, Sharon Stone and Renee Zelwegger though they never had the loooove of the public.

by Anonymousreply 181July 9, 2020 7:18 PM

R173 ok list. But Roberts, Streep, Foster, Streisand and Fonda are a tier above your friendly list. Moore and Davis don't belong.

by Anonymousreply 182July 9, 2020 7:54 PM

Tiers

Fonda Foster Roberts Streep Streisand

Bullock Cher (as an actress) Close Field - borderline Kidman - borderline Lawrence Pfieffer - borderline Ryder- borderline Witherspoon - borderline

That is it.

by Anonymousreply 183July 9, 2020 8:10 PM

Everyone on the list at 183 can act circles around Roberts. Well, with the exception of Ryder. Roberts is indeed a star, but not much of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 184July 9, 2020 9:37 PM

Any list without Julie Andrews is a joke. And Keaton was a much bigger star Kidman or Jolie or Sally .

by Anonymousreply 185July 9, 2020 10:32 PM

How fucking pissed do you think she was when she saw this? When Family Guy was right, they were right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 9, 2020 11:10 PM

Why on earth would anyone think that Cher is a film icon?? She is not! Only acting I’ve seen from her is clips of her slapping Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck. An academy award does not a film icon make!

by Anonymousreply 187July 9, 2020 11:41 PM

R187 she isn't. Only about half those women are truly iconic. Brad Pitt thinks his friend Julia belongs in between the two Hepburns.

by Anonymousreply 188July 10, 2020 2:53 AM

Where? In a cemetery?

by Anonymousreply 189July 10, 2020 2:57 AM

As if stoner Brad Pitt is an expert on anything. Didn’t Julia throw herself at him and Clooney and they both said NO

by Anonymousreply 190July 10, 2020 2:58 AM

Delicious R189. I sprayed out red wine you bitch.

by Anonymousreply 191July 10, 2020 3:01 AM

My top picks for cinema legends from 1970-2020

Women: Streep, Fonda, Streisand, Roberts. Kidman, Bullock, Foster, Pfeiffer, Lawrence, Stone

Men: Ford, Washington, Hanks, Cruise, Pitt, Smith, Travolta, Eastwood, Pacino, DeNiro.

None of the current men are very good

by Anonymousreply 192July 10, 2020 4:26 AM

Jennifer Lawrence, a cinema legend? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 193July 10, 2020 4:39 AM

We may have slowed down these past few years, but once you reach our level, you're never truly over, no matter how bitchy or untalented you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 10, 2020 4:45 AM

What about Marion Cotillard and Isabelle Huppert instead of Lawrence and Stone, who are too young to be legends

by Anonymousreply 195July 10, 2020 4:48 AM

Stone is not a legend. Some queens around here try to push that but it's bullshit. She's given exactly two memorable performances the average person can name. Everything else she was cast in trying to play to those roles all failed. She's often awful trying to play femme fatale. Watch the best femme fatale performances and none tries as hard as Stone. She's not subtle or complex.

by Anonymousreply 196July 10, 2020 4:53 AM

No frogs!

by Anonymousreply 197July 10, 2020 4:57 AM

I would love to see Julia re-emerge in this decade and the next doing roles that Olympia Dukakis or Judi Dench would’ve gotten in the 80s/90s. She’s a really good actor and a box office draw (despite OP’s fair indictment of her recent projects). She’s not gonna play a convincing Lady Macbeth or Amanda Wingfield, but she’s one of the most enduring talents from her generational cohort. If I ever have a cat or something, I’d probably name it Darby Shaw.

by Anonymousreply 198July 10, 2020 4:57 AM

I rather enjoyed Mike Nichols playing her against type and playing an unlikeable character in Closer. Watching America's Sweetheart talking about the taste of cum was very effective.

by Anonymousreply 199July 10, 2020 5:09 AM

God, I hope so. I could never stand that wide-mouth pompous, wife stealing, manic-eyed, paid People magazine to vote her The Most Beautiful, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 200July 10, 2020 5:12 AM

Are we talking about Sharon Stone or Emma Stone? I don’t think either is at that level

Julia needs her reinvention role. I am not sure how she transitions based on her recent work, unless she just wants to play moms

by Anonymousreply 201July 10, 2020 5:50 AM

Perhaps she will reinvent herself as a hermit?

by Anonymousreply 202July 10, 2020 1:54 PM

Five times bitches!! Homely Meryl = ZERO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 10, 2020 4:52 PM

Do they have to pay for the People magazine titles such as "Most Beautiful", Sexiest Person Alive", etc. like they have to pay for their stars on The Walk of Fame?

...and then they act all surprised and humbled and shocked, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2020 5:03 PM

Which one do you girls prefer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2020 5:08 PM

No Deneuve, Lange, Sarandon, Huppert ? Pffft

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2020 5:12 PM

Ha. They put Meryl on a best faces cover.

The most beautiful is a PR stunt. Julia was on a lot because she was popular and thirsty for the “title”

I find her very unattractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2020 6:34 PM

“Pretty” Skeleton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2020 6:36 PM

I think Lange qualifies as an icon. Lower top tier to high second tier. Meg Ryan should be one of those on the cusp. Just forget at about that face and the slut shaming she took for getting dickmatized by Russell Crowe and abandoning her family only to be dumped in the matter weeks.

by Anonymousreply 209July 10, 2020 6:39 PM

Our mutual gay BFF Ryan has always told me that I was next in line to her film crown. And that I was his favorite after her and that bitch Emma.

by Anonymousreply 210July 10, 2020 6:46 PM

r176, Glenn Close is the greatest actress to never win an Oscar. She might be the greatest actress of all time.

by Anonymousreply 211July 11, 2020 2:29 AM

I agree. DL can be mean. But Glenn Close is a very fine actor

by Anonymousreply 212July 11, 2020 2:31 AM

Just wanted to give everyone a chuckle during this difficult time for our planet and for poor Julia. I had no idea there were so many issues. Not news to me but I hope she finds peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 11, 2020 2:43 AM

The only time Julia looked good onscreen was in PRETTY WOMAN. I was crazy about her oodles of impossibly red hair.

by Anonymousreply 214July 11, 2020 2:31 PM

R5 What was wrong with Julia’s body?

by Anonymousreply 215July 11, 2020 2:56 PM

R214 she looked good in my best friends wedding..so 90s chic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 11, 2020 3:09 PM

People who understand how brilliant and ballsy Julia Roberts was for doing My Best Friend's Wedding are my kind of people.

by Anonymousreply 217July 11, 2020 3:43 PM

R217 hi Julia

by Anonymousreply 218July 11, 2020 3:44 PM

You know it's true! Name any big actress who's done anything like it since.

by Anonymousreply 219July 11, 2020 3:55 PM

She did get a lot of press and rave reviews for MBFW. The fact that she loses the guy in the end was a big deal, especially for a romantic comedy.

Watched Flatliners last night and that particular period - 1988 to 1991, it's so easy to see why people fell in love with her: the big hair, the pouty lips, the smile, the laugh. She really was so charismatic in that time period. She just oozed charisma.

by Anonymousreply 220July 11, 2020 4:08 PM

She was fucking great in MBFW..choose me, pick me..and I also liked her in Notting Hill.

by Anonymousreply 221July 11, 2020 4:27 PM

She was okay in the 90’s - 20 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 222July 11, 2020 5:16 PM

So brave to play a completely unlikeable character exactly like herself! So brave to let the movie get stolen by Cameron Diaz and Rupert Everett! So brave to allow herself to be dressed like a slovenly version of a power dyke. So brave!

by Anonymousreply 223July 12, 2020 11:56 AM

Cameron and Rupert didn’t steal the movie from Joolz

by Anonymousreply 224July 12, 2020 3:09 PM

Winder is one of the biggest hits in the year its released, you piece of shit, op

by Anonymousreply 225July 12, 2020 4:08 PM

Satisfaction was supposed to be MY big shot.

Then that red-haired bitch stole the movie and my leading man.

WHORE!!

by Anonymousreply 226July 12, 2020 5:37 PM

Winder? Is that one of Julia’s terrible movies where she stinks up the screen for two hours? RIP fallen idol

by Anonymousreply 227July 12, 2020 7:42 PM

I always pictured Justine Bateman becoming unhinged and breaking windows whenever she sees Juia doing her signature smile and laugh combo.

by Anonymousreply 228July 12, 2020 7:47 PM

Her new show with Sean Penn is going to Starz.

OP, I believe the answer to your question is "yes".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 22, 2021 8:23 PM

R229: Oh my god not only does she have to do television but she has to get it from Reese Witherspoon. My sympathies from the set of my new movie with Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 230February 22, 2021 8:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!