Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corona Quarantine Weight Gain

The whole world is going to have be on Weight Watchers after this is all over.

Ive gained 5 pounds and my coworker just told me she's gained almost 20 since all this started

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 1, 2020 2:17 AM

Same. I now have a fat roll for the first time in my life.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2020 7:24 PM

I’m only up 5lbs from my Feb weight so I consider myself fortunate! Especially since i’m not being super careful. Cut the M-F booze and that’s been very beneficial

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2020 7:27 PM

I, myself, have gotten huge.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2020 7:29 PM

13 pounds and counting.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2020 7:30 PM

I've ballooned too. I used to go to the gym before this happened but I can't make myself exercise at home.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2020 7:31 PM

I've lost 30 pounds since February.

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2020 7:32 PM

Only in America, O'er the land of the fat and the home of the bloat.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2020 7:32 PM

25 pounds... thank goodness I'm quite tall.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2020 7:33 PM

I have lost almost 20

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2020 7:33 PM

I've had no trouble maintaining my boyish figure.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2020 7:33 PM

Me too r9.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2020 7:35 PM

I've lost about 7.

Depression either makes you eat too little or eat too much. In my case, it varies day to day.

Luckily, my cabin fever is compelling me to go running every morning. Makes up for the occasional pint of ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2020 7:35 PM

I've lost about ten pounds -Cooking for myself vs. eating out all the time. Just goes to show how nasty all the processed/packaged "food" stuff is. Cooking at home involves fresh produce and whole foods. Way fewer chemicals.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2020 7:40 PM

I'm up 6 but fighting everyday to go no further. I'm on WW and thought to myself "I'll be happy to just maintain until workshops begin again." But I've allowed myself to snack on things that aren't WW-friendly. My problem is, my main meals aren't very filling or satisfying because I'm not making the effort.

I'm getting back on track, though. There will be alcohol for the 4th of July. Just going to my sister's house. She's single and has been working from home since April. I'm on vacation next week so no excuses!

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Dear [R14], are you single??

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2020 7:51 PM

I lost 12 pounds. WFH, here. I'm not munching on the cookies, bagels, catered lunches, and the vending machine chips and pretzels and all the temptations at the office.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2020 7:53 PM

"I’m only up 5lbs from my Feb weight so I consider myself fortunate!"

Me too, but since I've lost ten pounds of muscle mass I don't consider myself fortunate.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2020 7:54 PM

My weight has remained the same. I get out and walk 50-60 minutes every day and my diet is basically the same. Doing gardening and yardwork helps.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 7:57 PM

I'm about the same weight, but I've been dieting for the last 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2020 8:00 PM

You’re all fat fucking liars.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2020 8:00 PM

R15, yes. I am single. Why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2020 8:03 PM

Shouldn't we all be looking like Dorothea Lange Okies or Walker Evans "holler" denizens?

What good is a Depression if we can't get fashionably gaunt?

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2020 8:12 PM

Just wait six months, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2020 8:14 PM

Weight gain is simple math. Calories in > calories out. How ignorant or lazy do you need to be if you can't figure out how to avoid it?

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2020 8:15 PM

Shut the fuck up r24. We like raisin bread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2020 2:36 AM

No incidental activity. I just walk to the next room to use the restroom, I no longer have to walk a long hallway. No walking to the conference room for a meeting, just connect to Zoom.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2020 2:52 AM

I'm no longer in mandatory self-isolation, so I have no excuse not to go to the gym... after I finish my strawberry-rhubarb pie.

by Anonymousreply 27July 2, 2020 2:55 AM

I’m kinda fat and happy.

by Anonymousreply 28July 2, 2020 3:20 AM

It might be good to consume as much as possible now, just in case we're reduced to roadkill and dandelion leaves as successive waves of the virus decimate all food production and supply lines.

by Anonymousreply 29July 2, 2020 1:14 PM

Down 25 lbs watching carbs very carefully on workdays, eating whatever on weekends. No takeout, chips or ice cream since January 1. I wish I like exercising more than I do, but for me it’s mostly watching net carbs that helps. After the holidays I took a hard look at myself, and decided I needed more discipline and less take-out in 2020. Losing the bloat has helped me feel a bit better, but this is still a rough year overall. I eat a lot of eggs, turkey, broccoli, almonds, things like these. Surprisingly not much taste for beef anymore, or cheese. Maybe I weened myself off these.

by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2020 1:38 PM

So it looks like most people are losing weight. I wouldn't have thought that.

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2020 1:42 PM

Good for you, R30! And I mean that seriously.

I know what I need to do but just don't feel like doing it. I need to lose 45. I do really well eating chicken, fish, and vegetables. I just don't want to eat those things right now. It's not a junk food thing. I like wine. I need to limit it to weekends only.

by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2020 1:46 PM

I gained about 10 lbs., so I'm busy trying to lose at least that much. I've lost 7 so far.

by Anonymousreply 33July 2, 2020 1:49 PM

Ditto 32. My weight gains happen from family-loss grief and proximity to European-style bakeries. I know how to lose the weight, but whey shakes and eggs don't deliver the same sense of comfort sugar and carbs do. However, I have a lifestyle-improvement buddy starting this month and free access to a gym.

by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2020 1:53 PM

R34, congrats on the lifestyle-improvement buddy. Just please be careful at the gym.

I will try to double-down after the 4th. I've lost 25 lbs on WW and want to go back to workshops (whenever that happens) at a lower weight than I was in March. Good luck to us both!

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2020 2:54 PM

Yeah! I want to look good in my bereavement duds, and I don't want to have to order new clothes -- I miss the thrift stores. Good luck to you! I want my waist to reduce to 32".

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2020 3:01 PM

I lost 10 lbs. I don't get it since I'm always snacking now. I feel like I'm trapped at home and I hate quarantine, does stress make you lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2020 3:18 PM

Yeah - it's not the weight, it's the loss of muscle mass and redistribution to fat.

I've been up and down about 7 pounds, but I wanted to lose around 15 and it's just not happening.

I'm so sick of this damn house and there are only so many places to go for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2020 3:21 PM

R32 and R34 I totally agree. We are living in a period of toxic stress, and I confess on some days midweek, the strict limit I put on carbs left me blue and a little numb. Family loss and grief like that is, to me, a deal breaker for any Really restrictive diet plan. You need comfort. I’m working a fairly big job, but very far away from my siblings and parents, and that social isolation (and being in a food city) led me to put on weight. The COVID shutdown and limited access to restaurant food helped me in some ways. I’m also focused on the potential that I might end up on the job market, and if that happens to me, I want to look leaner and healthier in interviews. Everything is so unsteady and disrupted today. I can only do my best with what is on my plate, literally and figuratively. We are all, in some way, just muscling through. Times aren’t that great for most people. Hopefully that will change.

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2020 3:42 PM

I've lost weight too--about ten pounds. I knew I would gain weight when this began if I weren't careful, so I've been very good about avoiding sugar and most carbs, and eating only fruit for dessert (especially frozen grapes).

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2020 4:05 PM

I had to go on Jenny Craig in late May because I’d been eating restaurant food for lunch & dinner, plus I wasn’t too slim to begin with. I’ve lost 10 lbs. Looking to drop 15 more. I actually eat less than they want me to, because I’m short & don’t need all of those calories. A lot of the time I eat oatmeal for dinner. I’m in no danger of starving or getting ill. If I could, I would fast.

by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2020 7:15 PM

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2020 8:13 PM

Same, r40. I haven't lost ten lbs, more like 2-3. I cycle between not giving a shit and being overzealous about carbs and exercise. I'm currently home with family and binging on Pillsbury sugar-free brownies. It was my birthday yesterday, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.

We're all doing our best.

by Anonymousreply 43July 2, 2020 9:03 PM

Ive been doing ok for the last 3 days, but the withdrawals are a mutherfucker. Out of nowhere I want Taco Bell and I haven't eaten at Taco Bell for years. WTF

by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2020 2:25 AM

This thread is useless without pics.

by Anonymousreply 45July 4, 2020 2:43 AM

Happy birthday, r43. I hope you had a good one.

by Anonymousreply 46July 4, 2020 2:50 AM

I've actually lost 30lbs during Corona

by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2020 2:52 AM

I’ve gained at least 10 pounds and lost a lot of muscle tone. Alcohol, prepared foods, and lack of exercise

by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2020 2:54 AM

I've lost about ten pounds. It's easier for me to control my food intake at home, I'm always tempted to overeat (and drink too much) when I go out

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2020 3:09 AM

I don't know a single person who hasn't gained weight since March. They gyms being closed wreaked havoc with everybody's waistline.

by Anonymousreply 50July 30, 2020 3:21 AM

My gut is finally disappearing after some intermittent fasting and cutting out some carbs. I want to do more exercise but it is just so hot right now all I want to do is lounge around

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2020 3:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2020 3:29 AM

I’ve gained 8. The dog has gained 2.

by Anonymousreply 53July 30, 2020 3:35 AM

I've gained about 20 but as a gay man in his 70's, I'm proud to still be able to wear skinny jeans over my depends.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2020 3:46 AM

I have lost weight. I don’t understand why everyone is gaining weight.

by Anonymousreply 55July 30, 2020 4:32 AM

I’ve been consuming too many calories but also working out. I’ve gained 18 pounds since April. I’m fit-fatter than ever, and my phone is ringing off the hook, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 56July 30, 2020 4:41 AM

R55 you’re joking, right? Where I live anything you want can be delivered to you. Groceries, restaurant food, weed, even booze! I keep hearing on the news to order out from restaurants to help them survive. I’m trying to do my part by ordering delivery maybe twice a week. I do cook at home though most of the time. But I’ve just been craving really tasty foods! When I was working I did not have time to cook maybe once a week. But now I have all this time on my hands to watch YouTube recipe videos. Cooking is extremely calming for me.

So should I start with Jenny Craig or is weight watchers better?

by Anonymousreply 57July 30, 2020 7:30 AM

I've lost about 10lbs for the same reasons as r13 and r16. I also force myself to take a walk every day.

by Anonymousreply 58July 30, 2020 1:48 PM

Thanks r46!! Always nice to see other ladies on DL.

I've been maintaining a healthy weight. Getting tired of my mediocre, low carb cooking--a person can only eat so many fucking avocados and scrambled eggs. Anyone have recipe suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2020 7:46 PM

Now that I have so much time on my hands I think about food A LOT! This is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2020 10:39 PM

*reading this thread while slapping instant cake in my face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2020 10:48 PM

Put on about 10 lbs, which put me at 20 lbs over my ideal weight. Started NOOM a week ago. So far so good. Lost 2 lbs already,

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2020 10:58 PM

Ucch, was furloughed for 3 months, ,got the call to come back to work last month. Wake up Monday morning to get dressed and...I CANT FIT IN MY PANTS!!!

Anyhow, at work now I don't even think about food, so weight is starting to come off. I worked from home for one freakin day last week and all I could think about was food.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2020 11:05 PM

I've lost around 10lbs since April. But bear in mind I've been working from home for several years already, so I've already been rather sedentary. I'm chalking up the weight loss to mainly cooking for myself, not going out to restaurants and bars, and walking regularly to nearby stores since the weather is nice now.

I'm less self conscious about walking to the store to buy stuff (I live in the suburbs) since everyone is out and about these days just to get some fresh air. When Fall and Winter rolls around, things may change though, I'm going to have to be more disciplined with my eating habits.

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2020 11:52 PM

My skinny jeans are definitely tighter in the thigh, but they still fit!!

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 11:56 PM

I've eaten all the requests I had packed to take home just before deciding a 13-hour flight wasn't the thing to do.

I've eaten plain graham crackers; honey graham crackers; chocolate graham crackers; Trader Joe's cookie butter; Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; Reese's Pieces; Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with Reese's Pieces embedded in the filling; butterscotch, mint, and Baileys chocolate chips, and more.

By some miracle I'm only up 6 lbs. since March.

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2020 12:46 AM

Went from 232 to 242 . Im 6 ft tall,and carry weight well,but now Ive got a gut hanging that looks like Im six months pregnant. its ironic since I went from eating out all the time to cooking at home,and not particularly heavy dishes either,but its the goddamn pies and cookies and cup cakes and ice cream thats did me in . I just cant stop eating crap. Dont even drag a bag of chips in here,its gone in one sitting. The only reason it really bothers me is my clothes are getting tight as hell and I refuse to buy more.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2020 12:52 AM

R67 try not to buy that stuff when you go grocery shopping. If it’s in your house already it’s too easy. If you really want a dessert you’re gonna have to make it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote]now Ive got a gut hanging that looks like Im six months pregnant.

This what I hate the most. It all goes to my gut and man boobs which I hate.

Im not a big ice cream, cookie or candy person. I LOVE well prepared pastries, pies and breads, which is probably worse because often times they have the same amount of sugar or more but you do taste it as much.

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2020 1:08 AM

I'm up 8lbs and it's trending upwards. Help me Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2020 1:14 AM

oh, Jesus is the trainer at my CLOSED gym.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2020 1:14 AM

r67, it doesn't matter if you are cooking healthy foods, its the fact that we all cook so much and then go sit on the couch and watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon or Disney for 10 hours a day, snacking non stop.

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2020 1:16 AM

[quote]This what I hate the most. It all goes to my gut and man boobs which I hate.

Same with me. Gut and man boobs, 100% of the time. If I didn't work out and watch my diet, I'd probably have bigger tits than a lot of women.

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2020 1:18 AM

For me, it’s not the food, it’s more the lack of activity. And when it’s hot, I can’t abide moving. I fell off the keto wagon just a little bit during the lockdown when we were in the country. It wasn’t hot out and we have lots of hiking trails near the house.

No excuse, but it happened anyway. I’m trying to right the ship, now.

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2020 1:20 AM

The boys during the quarantine.

Superman needs help flying too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2020 1:27 AM

I’ve lost 12. 1800 calories a day and 8/16 fasting.

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2020 1:27 AM

I find I fast much easier in the mornings by not eating anything until 2-3pm in the afternoon. Food just tastes better to me later in the day. Id kill a bitch if they stopped me from eating after 7pm or some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 77August 1, 2020 1:33 AM

R77, me too.

by Anonymousreply 78August 1, 2020 1:36 AM

Eating at night is my problem too. I'm really good during the day, but there's just something about sitting at home at night that makes me want to eat, eat and eat some more. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 79August 1, 2020 2:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!