Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carl Reiner is dead to me

Prolific actor Carl Reiner has died at the age of 98. TMZ reports that Reiner died Monday night at his Beverly Hills, California home surrounded by family.

This story is breaking. More to come…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 9:55 PM

Prolific "actor?" That's hardly what he was best known for.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 1:31 PM

I liked him on the Bernie Mac show.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 1:34 PM

He was a television pioneer, but he really lowered himself in his final years by playing lecherous old men. There was an episode of Two and a Half Men that was really cringe worthy. Why he felt he had to sully his reputation by doing shit roles like this is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 1:34 PM

R3 Blame boredom. He was probably eager to work, but how many roles was a 90-year-old going to get?

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 1:36 PM

We know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 1:37 PM

Playing a lech is automatically a "shit" role?

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 1:38 PM

I loved him and his humor. But in his last years, he went after Trump on Twitter. He was very intelligent and knew how to make a point. It seems he had a great life. RIP

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 1:41 PM

"Playing a lech is automatically a "shit" role?"

On a raunchy sit-com starring non-other than supreme dirtbag Charlie Sheen? I think that's pretty much the textbook definition of a "shit" role.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 1:54 PM

Who will deliver the eulogy . . . Rob Reiner? Mel Brooks? Dick Van Dyke?

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote]He was a television pioneer, but he really lowered himself in his final years by playing lecherous old men. There was an episode of Two and a Half Men that was really cringe worthy. Why he felt he had to sully his reputation by doing shit roles like this is beyond me.

I feel the same way with them giving Betty dirty old lady roles.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 5:37 PM

Betty was always bawdy.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 5:38 PM

What movie did he make with Steve Martin?

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 5:38 PM

All of Me and The Man With Two Brians.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote]What movie did he make with Steve Martin?

Carl Reiner also directed and appeared in "The Jerk."

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 9:37 PM

Has Dick Van Dyke commented?

Rose Marie?

Chloris Leachman?

Sally Struthers?

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 9:48 PM

Susan Dey?

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 9:54 PM

R15 I think Rose Marie is still dead.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 9:54 PM

I always liked him a lot. His 2000 Year Old Man routines with Mel Brooks were really funny, and I loved the "Dick Van Dyke Show."

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 9:55 PM

Rose Marie is a trouper. She'll come through.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!