Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How come Pamela Ferdin isn't a DL Fave?

She has all the bona fides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2020 9:41 PM

Isnt she one of the voices of Lucy?

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 1:20 AM

I'm sure she was a perfectly nice young lady, but she always made me want to slap her silly.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 1:23 AM

Isn't it Pamelyn Ferdin?

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 1:24 AM

Discriminating DLers always preferred Valerie and Wendy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 1:25 AM

She almost played Regan in The Exorcist, until the director Blatty realized she was too well-known on TV at the time.

Yes, her name if Pamelyn.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 1:26 AM

She has a great presence on Facebook. Posts at least once a day. Has finished an autobiography and I think has a publisher. Answers questions fans ask her about her posts. Does not suffer fools gladly. Pretty to the point with her answers. Can seem blunt, but I find her refreshing and honest. I think sometimes she just want to say to a poster how dumb some questions or comments are or it was already answered, but she is usually nice about it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 1:30 AM

Excu-u-u-u-u-u-se me, r5???

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan, that’s terrific! That’s the funniest joke you’ve ever played!!

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan, that’s terrific! That’s the funniest joke you’ve ever played!!

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 1:31 AM

r7 You're right. Friedkin directed and Blatty wrote the novel and screenplay.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 1:35 AM

I liked her. She was an accomplished child actress and got a lot of work. And I've never heard anything bad about her. I think she came out of being a child star unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 1:37 AM

Can't wait to read her book.

Loved her in The Beguiled.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 1:51 AM

Yes, I think she voiced the "Lucy" character in at least the original Charlie Brown animated TV special in the '60s.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 4:36 AM

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 5:02 AM

She was Phyllis Lindstrom's daughter on the MTM Show, right?

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 7:29 AM

PAMELYN.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 7:31 AM

r15 No, that was Lisa Gerritsen, who was about the same age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 7:58 AM

So if she were coming up today would her name be Kayleigh or Ashlyn?

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 8:04 AM

Pamela Ferdin IS a DL fave

this thread is disingenuous

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 12:25 PM

She became affiliated with extreme animal rights activists like the Animal Liberation Front about 20 years ago so yeah I have lots bad to say about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 12:45 PM

R20, That makes me like her much MORE!

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 12:56 PM

Does she ever spill any tea on working with Eastwood?

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 1:03 PM

To me, she had the most irritating voice of any child actress.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 1:23 PM

I've been watching her on The Paul Lynde Show. She doesn't have much to do, but that show is insane.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 1:34 PM

We've discussed her before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Several times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 5:24 PM

So stop trying to make her happen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 5:25 PM

I just watched her in Streets of SF. She is annoying!

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 5:28 PM

She guested on Apple's Way with Valerie Bertinelli.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 6:24 PM

She molested me when we worked together on the Curiosity Shop.

Grabbed me right in the wappa-wappa-beep-beep.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 6:51 PM

I don't know her.

BUT, I recognized that face from this weekend. I actually turned on the television this weekend and late, I saw an episode of the Paul Lynde show. She was the youngest daughter. The other daughter was married to a kinda hunky blond guy who wore the shortest shorts, showing off his long smooth legs.

Likw E24 said, she was just there in the room breathing the good air.

Again, I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 7:11 PM

Isn't she, r28?

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 7:17 PM

In 'Star Trek,' she was one of the five brats in the infamous banned episode, 'And the Children Shall Lead' (they sort of remind me of the evil kids in 'Devil Times Five' (1974)). Her most obnoxious moment came when she decided she was a 'busy bee,' and used her forefinger to "sting" Captain Kirk (around [bold]13:19[/bold]):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 7:28 PM

Wasn’t she the little neighbor girl Francine on Nanny and the Professor? .... Too funny , I thought I was the only person on the planet that watched The Paul Lynde Show on Saturday nights! I stumbled on it after getting my That Girl fix!

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2020 7:45 PM

"To me, she had the most irritating voice of any child actress."

You must never have heard any words spoken by Melissa Gilbert. Or Sara Gilbert. Or Margaret O'Brien.

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2020 8:07 PM

r35 Or Baby Rose Marie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2020 9:37 PM

Why is that episode banned?

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2020 12:25 AM

[quote]Why is that episode banned?

I assume you're talking to me, R37, and asking about the banned Star Trek episode, 'And the Children Shall Lead.' The issue with it was that it depicted children as antagonists, apparently responsible for their parents' deaths. A disembodied hostile alien intelligence, played by attorney Melvin Belli (his son is one of the five kids) empowers them to harm adults telepathically. He is summoned by the children dancing in a circle, chanting:

"Hail, hail, fire and smoke;

Call the Angel, we will go

Far away, for to see

Friendly Angel, come to me."

Public dislike was immediate and visceral. Christians especially objected to it for its apparent depiction of witchcraft, spells, demonic oppression, and a demon. It's also worth noting that, as a pattern, whenever evil children are depicted as subject matter in books, television, and movies, there's always a few among the viewing public who cannot separate fantasy from reality, and act upon it; kids tend to come to harm after shows like this air. After the episode's initial debut, the network and syndicated affiliates generally agreed not to air it again. It went unseen for the next twenty-two years, until the eventual release of 'Star Trek' to VHS brought it back to light. After that, it made its way back into the syndicated lineup.

Once seen, the general consensus among 'Trek' fans was that nobody had missed out on anything. 'And the Children Shall Lead' always makes fans' lists of the worst episodes ever.

Remember how 'Trek' end credits used to feature a montage of stills from other episodes? Some otherwise unidentifiable stills appeared in various episodes' credits, which puzzled me as a kid; the shots were certainly not from any episode I'd ever seen (for example, Uhura as an ancient crone; daggers on the bridge viewscreen). They were from this one, the unaired episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2020 3:53 AM

Ah, dammit: Not "fire and smoke," but "fire and snow."

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2020 3:54 AM

I remember her from "The Curiosity Shop."

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2020 3:58 AM

I don;t remember "And tre Children Shall Lead' being banned. I saw it many times in syncication in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2020 4:00 AM

It was not shown on the BBC (is what the poster really meant...people use "banned" incorrectly all the time).

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2020 12:23 PM

They still show "And The Children Shall Lead" on the oldies tv station MeTv. It's not that great an episode, but it is very disturbing. Kirk and crew members come down to a planet to find all of the adults who lived there dead by suicide, their bodies lying about. They wonder what the hell happened and then they hear the squeals and laughter of children playing. The kids then come running out and start playing ring around the rosie around Kirk. Kirk eventually realizes the kids are under the influence of the malignant "friendly angel" and brings the children back to reality by showing them images of them playing and laughing with their now dead parents. The children start feeling something...REMORSE. They start sobbing and the "friendly angel" loses his power and fades away. The end. Like I said, it wasn't a very good episode. But the beginning of it, with the children laughing and playing while their parent's dead bodies lay around them was very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2020 7:59 PM

The BBC banned four 'Trek' episodes - 'Miri,' 'The Empath,' 'Whom Gods Destroy,' and 'Plato's Stepchildren,' while others were heavily redacted. The reason offered for these four was "because they all dealt most unpleasantly with the already unpleasant subjects of madness, torture, sadism and disease.” As far as I know, 'And the Children Shall Lead' was not banned in the UK.

After its network run, when 'Trek' went into syndication, various regions of the US practiced both censorship and outright banning of certain episodes. Even on its original network run, most of the Southern US states refused to broadcast 'Plato's Stepchildren' (not on the grounds of torture, as did the BBC, but because of its interracial kiss). In Texas, syndicated 'Star Trek' landed in the hands of KXTX-TV, which was owned by Pat Robertson and the Christian Broadcasting Network, which did a great deal of banning and editing - on threads about 'Lost in Space,' I've posted about this before. Robertson and KXTX refused to broadcast 'Where No Man Has Gone Before,' 'Miri,' 'Return of the Archons,' 'The Apple,' 'Catspaw,' 'Wolf in the Fold,' 'Patterns of Force,' 'The Paradise Syndrome,' 'Plato's Stepchildren,' 'Whom Gods Destroy,' and 'And the Children Shall Lead.' A lot of other episodes were edited for content, i.e. Vina's dance as the Orion slave girl in 'The Menagerie.' Across the 1970s, some of these restrictions were gradually relaxed, and some of the episodes began to appear, first in edited form, and then as complete episodes. But not 'And the Children Shall Lead.'

By the middle 1980s, syndicated 'Star Trek' had been passed to KTXA-TV, another UHF station without the religious fanaticism, which aired all of the 'Trek' episodes but one - 'And the Children Shall Lead.' Sometime between the beginning of 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' 1987 and 1990, when the episode finally came to VHS, KTXA aired it as an advertised event, underscoring its status as a 'lost episode.' After that, it joined the rest of the episodes in syndication.

I'm not sure where you live, R41, that the episode in question was freely aired, but it wasn't available where I live until the late 1980s, and when the ban was finally broken, it was advertised with some fanfare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2020 8:24 PM

But back to Pamelyn Ferdin. In 1977, she joined the cast of live-action Saturday morning series 'Space Academy.' She was reunited with fellow 'And the Children Shall Lead' cast member Brian Tochi (who happens to be family).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2020 8:31 PM

LOVE her in The Beguiled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2020 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!