Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergheys, talk to me about Pamelyn Ferdin

Is she a gay icon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2020 6:26 AM

Wasn't she the original voice of Lucy, the Peanuts character?.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2018 9:50 PM

She'd have been ideal as Rhoda Penmark.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2018 10:00 PM

Her voice was unique.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2018 10:03 PM

She'll always hold a special place in my heart for answering the door when Jan wore the afro wig!

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2018 10:06 PM

She seemed to be on practically every tv show back in the 60s and 70s, almost as much as Johnny Whitaker and Lisa Gerritson.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2018 10:10 PM

This is the "real" Lucy. Pamelyn came in later for the lamer Peanuts specials/movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2018 10:26 PM

She never did Little House on the Prairie. I made sure of it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2018 10:27 PM

Edna Unger!

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2018 10:42 PM

70s icon, not sure about gay icon.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2018 10:59 PM

Fuck you, R8!

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2018 2:10 AM

In retrospect, she was a really good child actor—she held her own in "The Beguiled" with the likes of Clint Eastwood and Geraldine Page. She was also very good in the trashy "Toolbox Murders", giving a performance that was far better than the material warranted. I agree that her voice was distinct—it made her very likable. I grew up watching "Charlotte's Web", and for that reason, she'll always be most identifiable as Fern to me. She apparently was pushed into acting by her mother, and since leaving the business as an adult has mainly worked as an animal rights activist.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2020 6:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!