Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unpopular opinions

I didn’t think Mariah Carey was so terrible in Glitter, her first movie.

I didn’t think Rob Lowe’s performance with Snow White on the Oscars was so bad because all the performances are so cheesy

by Anonymousreply 600July 5, 2020 11:44 PM

I agree op the movie was terrible not her

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2020 2:52 AM

I thought Aretha Franklin screeched too much

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2020 3:02 AM

I think Jason Mamoa is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2020 3:11 AM

Dicks are overrated. But I like high quality ASS.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2020 3:21 AM

[quote] I think Jason Mamoa is ugly.

He has Joker eyebrows now. He was more attractive on Baywatch.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2020 3:24 AM

Sunset Boulevard > All About Eve. It's not even close.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2020 3:26 AM

There are way worse actresses than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2020 3:27 AM

Jodie Foster was mediocre in The Accused. The entire movie was mediocre actually.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2020 3:29 AM

Barbra Streisand is a Nazi sympathizer.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2020 3:30 AM

[quote] Barbra Streisand is a Nazi sympathizer.

That's original. I also think she is a very overrated singer. The only people who still care about her are older Gays and New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2020 3:33 AM

Muscled men are hot but seeing them over and over on DL gets boring

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2020 3:34 AM

Adele is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2020 4:43 AM

The male chest plus abdomen is more exciting than a penis.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2020 5:10 AM

Madonna's movie Who's That Girl is underrated

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2020 6:34 AM

Katherine Heigl is one of the best actress from her generation.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2020 6:43 AM

Bryan Singer just likes them young

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2020 6:46 AM

Kamala Harris is America's most overrated politician.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2020 6:46 AM

Most black life’s don’t matter, just the ones who clean my house, raise my kids, and tap dance while eating fried chicken and watermelon

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2020 6:51 AM

r18 that's half of America

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2020 6:55 AM

The COVID-19 panic is a bunch of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2020 6:57 AM

Conservative guys are hotter than liberal guys.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2020 7:02 AM

^^^ DAMN RIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2020 7:04 AM

Russians and Persians are absolute assholes.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2020 7:06 AM

R5 and that roided-up beast mode look is just gross.

His character on Baywatch, a light brown skinned twink was perfection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2020 7:09 AM

A lot of police officers grew up in provincial Irish and Italian Catholic households and that’s why they’re racist. It’s not the job per se it’s how they were raised.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2020 7:16 AM

Watching white people show faux-anger of racism is hilarious.

Every white person knows what privilege they live with and revel in it.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2020 11:35 AM

[quote] A lot of police officers grew up in provincial Irish and Italian Catholic households and that’s why they’re racist. It’s not the job per se it’s how they were raised.

The Italians and Irish were SO terrified of being compared to black people. So they realized how they could become accepted and (eventually) became "white".

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2020 5:12 PM

Funny how the Irish weren't considered white as they're about as white as white can be, appearance-wise.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2020 5:15 PM

Gabby Sidibe was robbed of an Oscar for Precious. The role was iconic. I hardly remember Sandy Bullock's treacly turn in that football film -- and I usually like Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2020 8:22 PM

I don’t find people of the lower classes good for much except serving us

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2020 10:52 PM

Laura Branigan was the best female vocalist of the 80's. Her song selection wasn't that great but her voice was simply the best.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote] Laura Branigan was the best female vocalist of the 80's. Her song selection wasn't that great but her voice was simply the best.

Self Control is one of the best dance songs ever made. Very atmospheric.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2020 12:07 AM

I think the Liberty Insurance "Limu Emu & Doug" commercials are cute.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2020 12:09 AM

I don't think Muslim immigration is good for Western countries. They have their own region of the world and should stay there. They are incompatible with Western culture and values.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2020 12:17 AM

I think Meghan Markle will make a great POTUS!

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2020 12:28 AM

Frau posts on DL are the only posts worth reading.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2020 12:30 AM

Sex is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2020 1:15 AM

Popeyes' chicken is better than you can make.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2020 1:21 AM

White women are often more dangerous, ruthless, and racist than any white man.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2020 1:27 AM

Cheryl's pussy smells like roses

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2020 1:34 AM

I love this every two months repeated thread. Honestly. It gives folk a chance to state an opinion without 400 other posts of argument (mostly) AND if you're still open minded, it sometimes makes you think. Because what is so great about popular opinion? And it's fun to fuck with ancient DL posters.

Julia Roberts is the last great movie star. Not just in box office receipts. She fulfills every criteria. Julia is the definition of MOVIE STAR. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2020 1:43 AM

I never liked Julia Roberts when she was a big A-lister, but I think she's aged into a very good character actress. She's much more interesting as an actress now than when she was younger and headlining movies. She was fantastic in The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2020 1:46 AM

8 o'clock coffee ($4.99/lb) is the best coffee and cheapest consistently. Founded in 1859, San Fransisco A &P . My Grandmother drank it.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2020 1:48 AM

I don't much care for African-Americans, Latinos, Asians or American Indians.

But ya know what else?

I'm not all that crazy about WHITE people, either.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2020 1:57 AM

Agree r43. Chock Full Of Nuts is also very good. Starbucks coffee is overrated pisswater.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2020 1:58 AM

R42, she made Osage County. Much better than Meryl

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2020 2:00 AM

Gstaad is a shitty place to ski. It cultivated the Jet Set because they are terrible skiers or don't bother to ski at all.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2020 2:12 AM

England sucks. I don't get why so many Americans are so enamored with it. Yes, there's tons of history and culture but there's many other countries in the world i'd visit for that stuff over England.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2020 2:16 AM

Sex in cruisy outdoor spots is highly undervalued. We're loosing an essential cultural heritage and young people don't know what they've missed.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2020 2:16 AM

losing

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2020 2:17 AM

Anal sex is gross and highly unhygienic.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2020 2:26 AM

Tattoos are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2020 2:26 AM

I don’t think c19 is even real. But, I wear a mask and play along, in case I’m wrong.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote]Anal sex is gross and highly unhygienic.

You think screwing a pussy is sanitary?

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2020 2:48 AM

DLers are transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2020 2:51 AM

(R48) Ummm, because they speak English in England? Americans are stupid, and most only know English (poorly).

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2020 2:52 AM

Americans mostly only know English because we're not packed in amongst other countries that speak multiple other languages, like Europeans. South Americans mostly only know Spanish for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2020 2:54 AM

R42 totally agree with that. She’s also grown into a good sport and has a healthy sense of humor about herself. But I know everyone here just thinks she’s a cunt so I guess this won’t go anywhere....

And if the Jews were able to build their own lives in spite of all the horrible persecution and setbacks and ghettos I don’t understand why everyone else can’t do it and just keeps coming up with excuses. The world doesn’t owe them a living (the police, yes, Trump, yes) and this collective guilt is absurd. And most liberals (I don’t mean SJWs) agree Even if they’re afraid to say it right now.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2020 3:02 AM

The Beatles wrote many god-awful lyrics, but their music is so good that no one seems to mind. Even Mike Nesmith of the Monkees wrote better lyrics than Paul, who became an even more dreadful lyricist when he parted with John and formed Wings.

Please change my mind by posting your favorite Beatles lyrics (except for “A Day In The Life,” which they must have written under the influence of some especially good weed).

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2020 3:08 AM

R59 Wings is terribly underrated. Just because they weren’t “cool” and asshole John Lennon dissed them every chance he got they made some great tunes that have stood the test of time. .

And I loved Michael Nesmith too and he was a terrific songwriter.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2020 3:13 AM

R60 Paul writes great melodies, but seems to consider words nothing more than sounds to sing. He once admitted that “Yesterday” was originally a song called “Scrambled Eggs,” which probably had better lyrics than the stupid ones of “Yesterday.”

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2020 3:36 AM

^^Oops - John Lennon wrote “Yesterday” and other terrible lyrics. I think “Imagine” sucks, too.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2020 3:49 AM

"Mister Rogers Neighborhood" was an AWFUL children's show. The WORST. As a little kid, I would rather stare at a blank wall than have to sit through it. I don't think I ever made it through an entire episode. None of my friends liked it either. I always found him slightly creepy. I think all the recent, nostalgia-tinged, over-the-top worship of Mr. Rogers is based on the idea of Mr. Rogers, and the values he espoused. But the actual show that was his life's work was a colossal bore.

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2020 3:51 AM

Jennifer Holliday is horrifying and her performance was a lot of bug eyed screaming

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2020 3:52 AM

R61 think of most of the great songs that you love that have wonderful happy memories for you...

Despite what some pretentious people may bring, most people don’t gaf about lyrics and that’s not what really makes a great song.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2020 3:55 AM

"John Lennon wrote “Yesterday” and other terrible lyrics."

No, Yesterday was 100% Paul McCartney. Melody and lyrics both.

Paul's finest lyrical moment with the Beatles was probably either "Eleanor Rigby" or "For No One". But yeah, the poster who said that he saw lyrics basically as "sounds to sing" isn't far off.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2020 3:57 AM

Flashdance is a seriously good movie.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2020 3:57 AM

Band on the Run is better than any solo song Lennon did.

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2020 3:59 AM

R66 My bad - I thought Paul wrote the words and music for “Scrambled Eggs” while John came up with the lyrics that became “Yesterday.” Turns out that John came up only with just the TITLE, yet got 50% writing credit. Yes - it took TWO Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2020 4:11 AM

Yeah, I always found Mr. Rogers boring myself. Also, Reading Rainbow.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2020 4:13 AM

According to Paul (who loves to tell the same stories over and over again in interviews for years and years), the melody for "Yesterday" came to him in a dream. The "Scrambled Eggs" thing was just a working title for the melody. I think the original couplet was something like "Scrambled Eggs, ooh pretty baby how I love your legs", but it didn't get farther than that, because he realized that the "Scrambled Eggs" thing wasn't going to work, he eventually settled on "Yesterday".

The way the Lennon/McCartney songwriting partnership worked was that they both always got equal credit, even though sometimes one or the other wrote the entire song. So "Yesterday" is credited as Lennon/McCartney, even though Lennon had almost nothing to do with writing it, and same with Lennon's solo compositions, like "Across the Universe", "I Am the Walrus", and "Revolution".

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2020 4:34 AM

Pete Davidson is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2020 4:56 AM

George Floyd certainly DID NOT deserve to die, but also didn't do himself any favors, what with the armed robbery prison term, the pointing of a gun at a pregnant woman's belly, the meth abuse, etc.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2020 7:57 AM

I hate that the world is reopening again. I liked staying home, not having to deal with people and all the sense of entitlement and territorial behaviour pre-pandemic. Going for walks in nature was so pleasant because there were barely any people about, the air was fresher and no garbage. Animals could thrive. Now the garbage cans are overflowing with stinky garbage, people are not social distancing, the animals now have to hide again.

Humans are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2020 8:04 AM

Rap music is crap and makes its listeners dumber.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2020 8:21 AM

Adult female victims who maintained a relationship with their abusers during the abuse are coached or encouraged to act helpless and childlike by their lawyers, peers, media, etc. to evoke sympathy, but this backfires by reinforcing negative stereotypes of women as mentally/emotionally weak, while abused MEN who did not escape their harassers are laughed at, expected to “act like an adult” and be stoic, which only reinforces the stereotype of men having more courage and better emotional stability.

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2020 8:21 AM

My eldergay friends who "go asian" are happier than the rest of us who resist.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2020 11:51 AM

The voting age should be increased to 21. Young people are generally stupid, and haven't paid their dues in society to earn a vote.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2020 11:57 AM

I don't give a fuck about 5G or iPhone-whatever. Or whatever Secretary's Day or Grandparent's Day etc.The billions they spend upping the ante every year, hyping it, slopping it in the trough, soooooooooouuuuuiiiiieee, and the herd consumes. And pretends to get excited. And momentarily forgets we're all just animals shitting and eating, on this planet for a millisecond. And the beat goes on.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2020 1:38 PM

The most strident social justice warriors seem to think that the individual has no agency in anything they do--unless they are the oppressor (or the "oppressor"). It's all about systems thinking with them. And the whole "stay in your lane" motto that they take up is BS. People should be staying their lanes LESS. That's how people learn.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2020 4:36 PM

Democrats and Republicans have both ruined this country equally.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2020 6:39 PM

Agree r63. And the puppets were terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2020 6:44 PM

Beyoncé isn't a nice person and has poor social skills. Beyond performing she has little to offer.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2020 6:58 PM

Jennifer Lopez is the New Barbra Streisand!

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2020 6:59 PM

Meghan Markle should do pantyhose commercials. Those legs must be worth $1 billion to insure!

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2020 7:01 PM

Bernie Sanders would have won in 2016 if he had been the Democratic nominee. (But I'm glad he won't be the nominee this year.)

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2020 7:05 PM

No he wouldn't have--not in 2016 or 2020.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] Democrats and Republicans have both ruined this country equally.

No. Republicans have ruined the country far more than the Democrats. Democrats aren't the ones who constituted the "moral majority".

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote] Democrats and Republicans have both ruined this country equally.

Unpopular opinion: the "both sides do it" argument is a cop out and bares no relation to the facts.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2020 7:29 PM

Kurt Cobain was an overrated figure who wrote OK songs. Still don't understand why they are so loved outside a handful of songs.

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2020 7:29 PM

Donald Trump has an enormous oenis. Yuge. Throbbing, thick--cut with precision into a shapely pleasure tool tgatvskaos his ankles when he walks.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2020 9:08 PM

Shit. I'm going blind. Apologies for typo from hell. (New Jersey)

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2020 9:18 PM

When a date claims they are “gold star” gay or lesbian there is no way to prove that is true. Repeated declarations of being grossed out by the opposite sex and comparing their genitals to the face-hugger in Alien does not count as proof. You just have to take their word for it, even though you might have a closeted bisexual trying to sleep with you.

The same goes conversely for “bisexuals,” “asexuals,” “pansexuals,” and (of course) “straight” folks.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2020 9:26 PM

The Three Degrees are the best girl group of all time. Better than The Supremes. So many songs yet they are only known for 2 of them. And they can actually harmonize.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2020 9:54 PM

r94: Besides "When Will I See You Again", what are the others?

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2020 9:56 PM

R95, there's a compilation on Spotify called "The Best of the Three Degrees"--almost every song on there is very good. The other wellknown song from them is T.S.O.P. (The Sound of Philadelphia). They also have a song called Everybody Gets to Go to the Moon, which was in The French Conneciton. There are 14 songs on the greatest hits album and I rarely skip a song on there.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2020 9:58 PM

Elizabeth Warren is too old to be Biden's VP and obviously doesn't like Joe. Her chance at that office should have/hopefully has been lost with Bernout, whose asshole she was publicly chowing down on. Having someone you fundamentally disagree with, who panders to a group who despises you, and who you personally do not get on well with be your VP would be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2020 10:02 PM

There should be an upper age limit for the presidency/vice presidency. Warren AND Biden are too old, so is Trump, Sanders and anyone else over 65, which is a good cutoff age because that’s when the thymus gland starts its swan dive, and by age 75 we are fucked. Not to mention the odds of having heart attacks, strokes, or getting dementia. And ageism is warranted in other high-responsibility careers in addition to public service, for the very same reasons. Trump’s speech loss and ramp totter are great examples of a thymus gland in its final year.

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2020 10:19 PM

R98 not talking about the Presidency right now but your post did remind me that the two groups (since POC and plus sized people are obviously sacred) that it’s still a-ok to hate are the elderly and the poor.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2020 10:37 PM

I think people hate Madonna just because she’s Madonna

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2020 10:43 PM

Fiona Apple's music is absolutely fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2020 10:44 PM

R100, true. Her personality is what puts off people but I think a lot of people like her music DESPITE her.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2020 10:45 PM

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. It was literally a 3 hour long episode of Family Guy. The last 20 minutes gave me so much second hand embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2020 10:48 PM

R99 The elderly and children are not protected against discrimination for two good reasons:

1: EVERY human has been a child, and most will be elderly. That’s why people don’t get cancelled for saying they hate children or that old folks are feeble. We can’t discriminate against ourselves.

2: Children and the elderly have physical/mental limitations that can make them a danger to themselves or others in certain situations (like driving or planning a complex military operation). Unless you deny biology, of course.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2020 10:51 PM

I think Alek Wek is ugly and shouldn't be a model.

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2020 10:54 PM

I miss Matt Lauer on NBC's Today.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2020 10:55 PM

Most "great" movies made before the 50s suck. The 50s is where movies really start to feel mroe modern. Widescreen helped!

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2020 10:55 PM

The Beatles are still the best band ever, even better than Ed Sherhan, Adele, Beyoncé, Cardi B, Kanye West and Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2020 11:19 PM

[quote] even better than Ed Sherhan, Adele, Beyoncé, Cardi B, Kanye West and Taylor Swift.

Is that really an accomplishment though? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2020 11:21 PM

R109 Those are the celebrated musicians of today. I think they’re all terrible.

Excuse me while I go back to Abbey Road.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2020 11:26 PM

R110, I hear you. The 80s was incredible--Madonna, Prince, Michael Jackson, U2, Guns N' Roses, Queen, Whitney, Bruce Springsteen, etc. were the most popular artists of the decade. I don't like all of the people I listed but every one of them is better than the crap that passes for "great" these days.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2020 11:28 PM

Despite all his lies and corruption, Trump has a voting bloc of followers who are wildly obsessively enthusiastic about him.

Biden does not elicit that devotion. Democrats will vote for him only because they have to.

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2020 11:29 PM

Grace and Frankie should have been just Lily and Jane with their older set of friends. The younger actors are annoying as fuck and their storylines boring. As are Sam and Martin, unfortunately. They should have been ditched after the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2020 11:33 PM

The 60s cultural revolution was both bad AND good. Good for reasons that don't need mentioning. But I think the cultural revolution also tied in with the decline of social capital that has continued since then. The founding fathers and philosophers like Adam Smith recognized you cannot have capitalism/liberty without a moral society. This topic is featured in their writings. The 80s is what changed a lot of American morality. When you strip capitalism of its morality and are left with just greed, that leaves a lost, anarachic society. That's exactly what we are. But I hope that people under 40 can move forward in fighting more a more just, less selfish society. Before the government changes, we must change as people. "We get the government we deserve".

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2020 11:36 PM

Duh, R108. The Partridge Family is better than Ed Sherhan, Adele, Beyoncé, Cardi B, Kanye West and Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2020 11:42 PM

How can Warren be too old to be VP but Biden, who is a decade older (and looks and acts every bit of it), not be too old for the presidency R97? Makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2020 11:43 PM

A Very Brady Sequel (home of the iconic "Sure, Jan) is one of the funniest films ever.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2020 11:44 PM

Because his VP needs to be of a younger generation and bring out the best in him, R116. Not be almost as old and prepared to fight him on every g-d thing he wants to achieve. We'll have the Republicans, for that. We'll have the flaming dumpster fire that Dump leaves behind, for that. He doesn't need her dragging him down.

Aldo, it would be great for his VP to be young enough to run in four years, win TWO TERMS and help sort America out. Liz Warren is too fuckin old for that.

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2020 11:50 PM

*Also, not aldo

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2020 11:51 PM

R81: Please, enlighten me--find me even ONE example of a situation like the FIVE I've listed below that went the other way, with Democrats lying, cheating, and stealing to defeat the Republicans at any cost. And stick to the facts, please--spare me the false equivalencies your party is so fond of conjuring up.

1. Bush v. Gore, the "hanging chads," and the Rehnquist-led Supreme Court (who was it who won the popular vote on that one again?)

2. The "Swiftboating" of John Kerry in the 2012 election by courageous Air National Guard veteran George W. Bush

3. Al Franken's own party forcing him to give up his Senate seat following conservative talk-radio host Leeann Tweeden's allegations of an unwanted kiss (gosh, he didn't even get to grab her by the pussy!)

4. Mitch McConnell's treasonous declaration that his number-one objective was to make Barack Obama a one-term president, which he followed by denying President Obama a Supreme Court justice placement during his last year in office

5. Hillary Clinton losing her comfortable lead and the election despite winning the popular vote (thanks again, red-state-favoring electoral college), due to Comey's fruitless investigation (like all of the others into her conduct) and maybe just a touch of Trump-sanctioned Russian interference in the most fundamental process in our democracy

by Anonymousreply 120June 21, 2020 12:08 AM

Sorry, meant 2004 in #2 above, of course

by Anonymousreply 121June 21, 2020 12:09 AM

R104 that’s absurd. People get discriminated in the workplace for age all the time — esepecially women. To say nothing about how they get treated by men once they reach a certain age.

And yes the fact that it happened to all of us God willing is exactly why you would think it shouldn’t be ok.

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2020 12:23 AM

A lot of the problems that progressives have with the democratic party could be solved if they stopped thinking they were smarter than everyone else and voted in each and every election.

by Anonymousreply 123June 21, 2020 12:40 AM

Older people deserve to be discriminated against by younger people because they did it to older people when they were young themselves. It’s called “payback.”

by Anonymousreply 124June 21, 2020 12:46 AM

I agree about age limits for the Presidency, and also for Congress. It does none of us any good to have leaders who are doddering old fucks and half senile.

by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2020 1:00 AM

I think the President and members of Congress should all come from Generation X. The Silent Generation has one foot in the grave, Boomers have lost their damn minds and Millennials are fucking insufferable. Gen X are the only ones who have a shred of sanity and reason left.

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2020 1:12 AM

R99 / R122 Wow - you are all over the place. I give a valid argument for age discrimination in certain occupations, and you complain that the only groups that it’s “OK to hate” nowadays are the elderly and the poor, while POC and fat people - who I said nothing about - are held “sacred”. (Really?)

Then I explain why age groups are not protected classes when it comes to stating negative opinions about them, and you derail the argument with a “whattabout” that WOMEN - who I said nothing about - are the ones most discriminated against in the workplace. Yet you did not include women as a group that it’s still “OK to hate” in your first reply. Congrats, R122 - you have thoroughly confused me, lol.

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2020 1:23 AM

I think real estate porn and acquisition is more psychopathic than having some 17 year old girls or boys around. The craving originates from the same place too.

by Anonymousreply 128June 21, 2020 1:31 AM

Even if Biden wins the election (please god) it will take a generation to undo all the damage Trump has done.

by Anonymousreply 129June 21, 2020 1:50 AM

Biden is not running against Trump. He is running against Pence, who is 16 years younger, and is a ruthless and ambitious fanatic who will deliver a surprise blow to Biden’s campaign when he drops the meek-lamb-of-God mask for the REAL Pence, once Trump is sent to pasture.

by Anonymousreply 130June 21, 2020 2:30 AM

The 70s is probably the most overrated decade for film. Many of those so-called classics are difficult to sit through today, they are way to self-indulgent. I would rank the 50s and 60s higher than the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2020 2:32 AM

Hollywood, movie stars, great films, great music.

They're all dead.

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2020 3:17 AM

R127 its not contradictory at all. Elderly are treated like shit, and ageism exists and is a huge problem as well, ESPECIALLY for women, but for everyone (good luck a 50 year old man applying for a job against men almost half his age).

Which like I said is ironic because it happens to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2020 3:48 AM

R133 There is definitely more antagonism towards aging Boomers than any previous generation, and I think part of that stems from them being the first to effectively rebel against and tear down THEIR elders for screwing up the world by mocking maturity, authority, and all other traits that come with growing old. Also, the first generation with a youth fetish to the point of extending their adolescence into adulthood. So I think the hate directed at them - as they become what they themselves used to hate - is more karmatic than ironic.

by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2020 4:33 AM

R134, Boomers were calling Millennials snowflakes before Millennials started the phrase "OK Boomer".

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2020 4:34 AM

“Glory days, well they'll pass you by.” Damn straight!

“Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m 64?” Nope.

“I hope I die before I get old.” Sorry - you didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2020 4:52 AM

We really need boxing rings every four blocks- like banks.

Straight guys are getting pissy and they linger to argue bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2020 5:04 AM

Friends and Seinfeld are garbage shows famous for no reason, and the entire casts have reached their peaks (besides for Schwimmer, Kudrow, & JLD):

Jennifer Aniston has had flop after flop. She is known for nothing besides the tabloids. Her thing with Pitt should be irrelevant by now (it's been 15 years, people, get over it), and she is now at the level of the Kardashians (except she's more classy, they're Calabasas trash).

Matthew Perry has flop after flop, and is another line away from being Mama June

Matt LeBlanc's biggest hit has been on premium cable

Courtney Cox has only done a show that got cancelled, and picked up by a cable network. She is like Aniston - extremely overrated, nothing more than a has-been with bad fillers

Michael Richards got cancelled years ago because we found out he's racist

Jason Alexander has done nothing of note since Brandy's Cinderella

Jerry Seinfeld was finally figured out to be a talentless asshole. And if R Kelly can be tarnished for having consensual relationships with underage girls, Seinfeld should've been too (I don't like R Kelly, but Seinfeld was 40 when he dated a 17-year-old, and basically got away with it because he had a hit show).

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2020 5:24 AM

I love that the misanthropic DL threads are so ubiquitous that the site might as well automatically regenerate them every few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2020 5:33 AM

R131 no no no no NEVER!!

It really is the best decade of films by far. Spills a bit into to early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2020 6:40 AM

I think Billie Eilish sounds like she's mumble-singing in a car--with the A/C on full blast, and she's stopped at a red light and doesn't want the person next to her to know she's singing--because she's so self-conscious and emo. It's ridiculous that she won so many Grammys.

Her brother Finneas, on the other hand, has a great voice. He also writes all her music, so there's some similarities. But he can actually sing and emote. Listen to him at the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2020 9:36 AM

Black conservatives like Dr. Glenn Loury, Larry Elder, Dr. John McWhoter (not really a conservative), Dr. Thomas Sowell, David Webb, Jason Riley, etc, actually offer intellectual, practical dialog as a trajectory beyond victimhood politics, but are consistently & consciously shut out of the conversation by white liberals & black race baiters. It just proves how full of shit & unfocused BLM & the current anti-race movement are. Refute all you want to, this is simply the truth. The men mentioned above expound information & platforms based in numbers, facts, stats, life experience, educated observation, not histrionic hashtag agenda & fake desire to make change. Opening up your perspective & willingness to make the effort go a long way.

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2020 1:48 PM

It was the Democrats who started and then intensified the Vietnam war. The country has never and will never recover from it. They have repeatedly since then tried to rectify its horrors but it is a fruitless task.

by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2020 2:07 PM

R107 has seen exactly 2 films from the pre 1950s. Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch and Pot o' Gold.

by Anonymousreply 144June 21, 2020 2:12 PM

Most of the BLM protests were about breaking quarantine. People just wanted to get out and be social.

by Anonymousreply 145June 21, 2020 2:24 PM

R26 spot on.

On June 8th, 2020 when Pelosi et al donned kente cloth scarves and knelt in Emancipation Hall, that was sooo cringeworthy and dare I say, extremely patronizing.

by Anonymousreply 146June 21, 2020 2:46 PM

The current BLM protests and associated looting and destruction will have only made matters worse for their cause. This will be reflected at the polls.

by Anonymousreply 147June 21, 2020 2:50 PM

U.S. involvement in Vietnam began under Eisenhower, R143

by Anonymousreply 148June 21, 2020 3:06 PM

The right to end ones life quickly is the ultimate human right.

by Anonymousreply 149June 21, 2020 3:23 PM

Well if you want go back to the very beginning you can go back to Truman.

by Anonymousreply 150June 21, 2020 3:37 PM

Spray painting on the road, on the walls of buildings or on statues doesn’t convince anyone to join your cause.

The effective (though admittedly duller) way to change the system is to get involved by voting, especially at the lowest level. Don’t just vote in the presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 151June 21, 2020 3:42 PM

Gay conservatives: a) desperate for daddy to love them b) a justification for their racism c) all of the above

by Anonymousreply 152June 21, 2020 3:54 PM

Julia Roberts best performance is The Nanny Diaries audiobook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 21, 2020 3:59 PM

Here’s a really controversial one:

A hatred or litter or vandalism doesn’t equal racism.

by Anonymousreply 154June 21, 2020 4:11 PM

R149/r143 yes please but it was LBJ who escalated it and got us into what was the quagmire. That Was the beginning of the end of our great post-war economy too. I’m a Democrat but he was not a great President at all.

by Anonymousreply 155June 21, 2020 5:16 PM

LBJ did so many great things on the domestic front that are overshadowed by Vietnam (rightly or wrongly).

by Anonymousreply 156June 21, 2020 5:21 PM

Frida Kahlo is fairly overrated as an artist.

by Anonymousreply 157June 21, 2020 6:52 PM

R156 which paved the way for the stagflation of the 70s and we haven’t had a truly great economy ever since.

by Anonymousreply 158June 21, 2020 7:25 PM

R158, nonsense. The 90s was a great time economically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 159June 21, 2020 7:32 PM

The Kennedy family needs to go away. I liked JFK, Bobby and Teddy but that's where their usefulness ends. Their mystique is blown wayyyy out of proportion--especially Jacky. What the hell did she do that was so great? And she didn't even look good for such a "youthful" woman.

by Anonymousreply 160June 21, 2020 7:34 PM

I've seen many of these presidential rankings list JFK so high. Some people even feel he was better than Truman (ridiculous)! Come on--he was president for three fucking years. There is no way anybody president for that short of time could be that great. Sorry but there just isn't.

by Anonymousreply 161June 21, 2020 7:35 PM

The acting in modern films is superior to older films. But the stories aren't as good because every story that can be told has been told- there's nothing more to say about humankind

by Anonymousreply 162June 21, 2020 8:20 PM

Life is too short for bad weed and shoes that don’t fit my arch.

by Anonymousreply 163June 21, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote] The acting in modern films is superior to older films

Yes, this is why I cannot stand most films made before the 50s. The 50s is really where stagey acting started falling out of favor. I attempted to watch Rebecca a few days ago and I couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes or so, it was wayyyy to melodramatic.

by Anonymousreply 164June 21, 2020 9:59 PM

I think Al pacino overacts way too much! And these so called genius of cinemas are overrated, mainly scoresce, Sean Penn, dicaprio etc.

by Anonymousreply 165June 21, 2020 10:05 PM

I love many of the old films- the long hours, discipline and artifice. Lack of interest in the meaning of a film, most were only concerned if it was a decent part or who there costar was. All that studio training in diction and posture and dancing and whatever was A mid-atlantic accent put to use. So the best ones were a bit stagey - because they were actually trained to act too. Bette Davis said it best in that Cavett interview she did before I was born. She was asked what she thought about the new naturalism in film. She praised a few people then proclaimed with a puff of smoke - "I do think good acting should look like a bit of work."

by Anonymousreply 166June 21, 2020 10:08 PM

I like georgina chapman and don't think she's that bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 167June 21, 2020 10:12 PM

I believe that Heidi Klum is a nymphomaniac with a very sketchy and adventurous sex life. Men, women, dogs. Orgies.

by Anonymousreply 168June 21, 2020 10:15 PM

Yesterday may have received all the attention but She's Leaving Home is a work of pure genius.

by Anonymousreply 169June 21, 2020 10:27 PM

Showgirls was a terrific movie.

by Anonymousreply 170June 21, 2020 10:49 PM

"Yesterday may have received all the attention but She's Leaving Home is a work of pure genius."

Lennon's answer lines in the chorus, where he sings from the point of view of the spurned parents, is what gives "She's Leaving Home" most of its emotional power. He sounds so melancholy, it's heartbreaking. And I love the fact that, at the height of the so-called "generation gap", they had it in them to actually consider how the parents themselves felt, instead of just demonizing them.

by Anonymousreply 171June 21, 2020 10:52 PM

I have yet to find an audiobook I can finish. I'd prefer to just read the book. It's just not the same.

by Anonymousreply 172June 21, 2020 11:15 PM

American Graffiti was only an ok movie. And every movie Lucas made after that was an atrocity.

by Anonymousreply 173June 21, 2020 11:49 PM

R173 It can depend a lot upon the narrator.

by Anonymousreply 174June 22, 2020 2:06 AM

R172 I meant

by Anonymousreply 175June 22, 2020 2:06 AM

Timothee Chalamet is overrated

by Anonymousreply 176June 22, 2020 2:09 AM

Armie Hammer is a good looking guy but a lousy actor.

by Anonymousreply 177June 22, 2020 2:38 AM

DiCaprio is no acting god

by Anonymousreply 178June 22, 2020 2:44 AM

R173 I agree with that. And the acting certainly wasn’t anything great either. It’s fun and nostalgic to watch but never thought it deserved to be a “great movie” by any stretch .

by Anonymousreply 179June 22, 2020 2:52 AM

Juneteenth is a vanity holiday.

by Anonymousreply 180June 22, 2020 2:59 AM

Cuomo gets a free pass for killing nursing home patients because he's a liberal democrat

by Anonymousreply 181June 22, 2020 3:00 AM

R180 is a killjoy,

by Anonymousreply 182June 22, 2020 3:03 AM

Trump is right finally for once in his life. Whoever heard of Juneteenth before his rally date?

by Anonymousreply 183June 22, 2020 3:15 AM

I never heard of Juneteenth until a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 184June 22, 2020 3:17 AM

In Texas, everybody knows about Juneteenth. There are parades and celebrations every year.

by Anonymousreply 185June 22, 2020 3:25 AM

R177: That's not an unpopular opinion. He thought he would automatically happen because he's tall and handsome. His people will try till the day they die to make the public give a shit about him.

by Anonymousreply 186June 22, 2020 3:45 AM

Paris's beauty is overrated. I personally think cities like Vienna, Florence, etc. are more beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 187June 22, 2020 3:47 AM

English should become the official language of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 188June 22, 2020 3:49 AM

All tattoos are ugly.

by Anonymousreply 189June 22, 2020 3:51 AM

Shitting is rape.

I didn't ask for this huge, smelly, phallus-shaped object to stretch out my asshole, it just forced its way in there without my consent!

by Anonymousreply 190June 22, 2020 3:53 AM

I have never liked Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 191June 22, 2020 3:53 AM

R190 If you had a frozen burrito for dinner then you already consented.

by Anonymousreply 192June 22, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote]Refute all you want to, this is simply the truth.

No, it's just your opinion.

It's cute that you think you're an intellectual when you can't even get the basics of fact vs. opinion down.

by Anonymousreply 193June 22, 2020 3:56 AM

I hate the sound of Spanish. It sounds trashy and ghetto to me.

by Anonymousreply 194June 22, 2020 3:59 AM

Cher did not deserve the Oscar for "Moonstruck".

by Anonymousreply 195June 22, 2020 4:05 AM

R120, bless you and others who take the time and effort to help educate the under informed.

R130, Good theory, worth considering.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2020 4:18 AM

I'm an ophidiophile. I love snakes but not as pets and not as a fetish. I go to reptile shows and have to admit that many reptile owners are deeply disturbed. I'm unpopular on both sides of the issue, story of my life.

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2020 4:42 AM

R195: That’s not an unpopular opinion

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2020 4:43 AM

I think most women are impossible to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2020 4:57 AM

Obama was the worst president ever.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2020 4:59 AM

^You win!

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2020 5:29 AM

Americans have lost freedom of speech. When you can't state a preference for President without fear of backlash, cancel culture, and potential boycotts to business, free speech is over. Right now white people have to kiss black peoples ass or face serious consequences. Words are meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2020 5:29 AM

I think Twitter is one of the worst things that has ever happened to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2020 5:33 AM

The funniest fucking thing in the worst fucking movie ever...

See, for as many crap movies as Al Pacino has done, he doesn’t phone it in — he actually puts in a bizarre amount of effort, to the point where you’re like, why are you wasting your time on a POS like this?

But that’s one of the reasons why he’ll always be better than DeNiro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2020 8:16 AM

Harry and Meghan do have the potential to precipitate the end of the BRF after QE2 dies.

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2020 8:26 AM

"A lot of police officers grew up in provincial Irish and Italian Catholic households and that’s why they’re racist. It’s not the job per se it’s how they were raised."

They were raised to be cops, so what's your point?

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2020 8:46 AM

Saying Boris Johnson is the British version of Trump is nonsense as they are so different and I say that as someone who doesn't like either of them. Johnson can speak five languages fluently, Trump can barely speak one. Johnson is pushing for more international free trade, Trump prefers protectionism. Johnson wants to open borders , such as for Hong Kong, while Trump wants to build a wall to keep out Mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 207June 22, 2020 11:25 AM

All these frantically woke white people need to first admit that they never really noticed racism existed before now, or thought it “wasn’t that bad”.

by Anonymousreply 208June 22, 2020 11:32 AM

R208 word!

by Anonymousreply 209June 22, 2020 1:17 PM

Me Too and Times Up are bullshit. They’re about having power.

by Anonymousreply 210June 22, 2020 1:27 PM

I don't care about COVID-19 anymore. If I never hear about it again, it'll be too soon. I refuse to center my life around it and I won't live in fear. I am so tired of it and over the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 211June 22, 2020 1:53 PM

If you say "all lives matter" you might as well just say "Fuck black people. I'm a racist." You never hear "all lives matter" as a response to "blue lives matter," so clearly the offending word is "black."

by Anonymousreply 212June 22, 2020 2:01 PM

DeBlasio is the worst thing to happen to NYC

by Anonymousreply 213June 22, 2020 2:04 PM

Many people who have just recently started posting about racism on social media couldn't care less about it. They only do it out of peer pressure because they see everybody else doing it and because they want to appear to be "woke." It's all about image.

by Anonymousreply 214June 22, 2020 2:05 PM

I don't think that's an UNpopular opinion, r213.

by Anonymousreply 215June 22, 2020 2:05 PM

"Hamilton" sucks and will be forgotten in 5 years, along with Lin Manuel Miranda.

Trans rights are different from gay rights.

There's nothing racist about being turned on by black men sexually.

by Anonymousreply 216June 22, 2020 2:12 PM

Timothee Chalamet sucks and will be forgotten in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 217June 22, 2020 2:45 PM

[quote]Timothee Chalamet sucks...

That may explain him passing around an STI!

R214 and many others who have responded the same way, I honestly thought I was alone in thinking this. I thought it right from the beginning when the uber "woke" white folks started explaining racism and what Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter meant. They were such a wealth of knowledge (sarcasm).

by Anonymousreply 218June 22, 2020 2:54 PM

I think that sometimes the far left is more homophobic than the far right.

by Anonymousreply 219June 22, 2020 3:57 PM

The far left and the far right are proof that horseshoe theory is correct. This is why many far leftists in developing countries love the idea of Russia being a defense against "American Imperialism". Because Russia hs no imperial ambitions, of course.

by Anonymousreply 220June 22, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote]I don't care about COVID-19 anymore. If I never hear about it again, it'll be too soon. I refuse to center my life around it and I won't live in fear. I am so tired of it and over the whole thing.

I sort of agree with this. I have to admit there is a part of me that thinks "fuck this shit, let's stop with all the work slowdowns and social distancing and everything else. If we get sick, we'll be sick for a couple of weeks and we'll get over it. People are losing their minds and the economy is tanking. If some old people who only have a couple more years to live anyway die, then fuck it."

I do feel guilty for thinking this way sometimes, but I can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 221June 22, 2020 4:31 PM

Much of what divides the gay community can be attributed to the internal struggle that many white gay men face while coming to grips with the fact that they are members of a minority group. It's different for lesbians and gays of color.

by Anonymousreply 222June 22, 2020 4:40 PM

I LOVE the language that threatened white people use to describe what's happening, black people are asking us to "kiss their asses", and "bend over backwards". "Shoving it down our throats!" Calling Dr. Freud.

R208 and r209. Um, I think they are. That's why all over America, even in small, shitty towns, white people have gotten off the couch to show their support. Spend some time, and google news from flyover and you will find stories that have NEVER happened before. BLM in Vidor Texas? Protests in Fort Myers? Evansville In? Iowa, Kansas. Every single newspaper I checked had stories about policy changes and addressing racial concerns.

The entire country is at home watching tv and we all saw George Floyd murdered at the same time. For many who haven't been paying attention, this was the first time they had seen this undeniable crime and they were moved to action. Everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 22, 2020 4:59 PM

R223, thank god for smartphone technology otherwise people would still be denying it happened.

by Anonymousreply 224June 22, 2020 5:30 PM

Friends, Mad Men, and Downton Abbey are going to be shown to me in hell. Because I would rather drink paint than watch them.

by Anonymousreply 225June 22, 2020 5:37 PM

R211 before you’re gasping for air ( famous last words)

by Anonymousreply 226June 22, 2020 5:39 PM

I prefer uncut cocks.

by Anonymousreply 227June 22, 2020 5:41 PM

The danger from online death threats is seriously overblown, and people who receive them love to use them to gain sympathy and clout, and to make themselves feel special and important. Calm down, Sugar Tits. Nobody's really going to murder you. You're not that important.

by Anonymousreply 228June 22, 2020 5:54 PM

Safe effective suicide drugs should be available to anyone over 25 of sound mind who wants them. This wouldn't increase suicide rates as there would (likely) be far less anxiety related illness and depression. Some people need these tools to cope OR to use them.

by Anonymousreply 229June 22, 2020 5:59 PM

A septum piercing generally indicates someone was molested/abused/rejected consistently during childhood/adolescence.

by Anonymousreply 230June 22, 2020 6:09 PM

Holly Hunter grates as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 231June 22, 2020 6:11 PM

100% true R230

by Anonymousreply 232June 22, 2020 6:17 PM

I hate Beyonce. She takes a shit and the world bows down to her. I can't.

by Anonymousreply 233June 22, 2020 6:54 PM

r233, Unpopular Opinion, I hate Beyonce, fine. What's with the shitting and the (again with the bending over) and bowing, why THAT metaphor. You didn't say She shits and people buy it, or She shits and expects applause, or She shits and expects people to eat it, vulgar, but logical. But, bowing?

Maybe I'm wrong because here's a stunning video with 266m views and she's literally vomiting and shitting. But that's not what you meant, is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 22, 2020 8:22 PM

A lot of black men and women have it just fine and racism isn’t as bad as they want us to believe.

by Anonymousreply 235June 22, 2020 8:38 PM

Trump deserves to be re-elected

by Anonymousreply 236June 22, 2020 8:40 PM

George W. Bush was a worse president than Trump. Flame away.

by Anonymousreply 237June 22, 2020 8:47 PM

Christine McVie>>>>Steve Nicks

by Anonymousreply 238June 22, 2020 8:47 PM

I'm tired of everything being "abusive" or labeled "abuse", emotionally speaking. God forbid you go off on someone, you're now emotionally abusive. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 239June 22, 2020 8:54 PM

The ubiquity of camera phones have for the most part done a massive amount of damage to society. Sometimes they will capture something that needs to be shown but for the most part they've led to narcissism, aggression, paranoia, lack of privacy and voyeurism. Cell phone cameras should have been an expensive additional option, not something that comes with every phone.

by Anonymousreply 240June 22, 2020 9:13 PM

R240, I feel like it's impossible to ever feel true "silence" now unless you turn off you cellphone/social media for at least a week. I was in college in the mid 00s, right before smartphones took off and I definitely notice a difference.

by Anonymousreply 241June 22, 2020 9:15 PM

R241 very true. It's relentless.

by Anonymousreply 242June 22, 2020 9:20 PM

R240, that reminds me. BOREDOM is something that rarely happens now. Because we are always distracted. If we get bored, we find something even more stimulating to do. Bored of visiting 10 websites? Throw some porn in their too lol. It's really messing with our brains. I try to meditate and I notice when boredom hits, I find it intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 243June 22, 2020 9:20 PM

I'm so fucking tired of SNL Alums. Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, etc. They're washed up and were never that funny in the first place.

Presenting at every fucking award show. All those shitty movies they do together. ENOUGH. Lorne Michaels needs to be put out to pasture.

by Anonymousreply 244June 22, 2020 9:40 PM

As a non-therapist, I won’t remember any of your problems unless they are entertaining enough for me to share on the internet. Just because I’m quiet doesn’t mean I’m a good person.

by Anonymousreply 245June 22, 2020 9:51 PM

The female director problem isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Actually, a lot of the female directors (Gerwig, DuVernay) are horribly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 246June 22, 2020 10:53 PM

Saoirse Ronan is overrated

by Anonymousreply 247June 22, 2020 10:55 PM

r246 Agreed, and anything made by a woman or POC is automatically graded on a curve by critics these days. Fuck that. That helps nobody, especially them.

by Anonymousreply 248June 22, 2020 11:05 PM

White people should be allowed to say nigger

by Anonymousreply 249June 22, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote] Agreed, and anything made by a woman or POC is automatically graded on a curve by critics these days.

Exhibit A: Us. I heard Get Out was nothing special either. Us was horrible and felt half-finished yet it was acclaimed as being so deep. The onyl notable part of the movie was Lupita.

by Anonymousreply 250June 22, 2020 11:16 PM

All people who voted Trump should be branded with a hot iron and denied medical care and emergency relief.

by Anonymousreply 251June 22, 2020 11:20 PM

R251, in the past, I would have said "this is not an unpopular opinion on DL" but lately, there seems to be a lot of right wingers on here.

by Anonymousreply 252June 22, 2020 11:22 PM

Michelle Obama's only real accomplishment was marrying the first black president. Other than that, I don't why she's so revered.

by Anonymousreply 253June 22, 2020 11:30 PM

R253, ask that Slovenian Ho-Bag, Melania. She saw fit to plagiarize from her.

by Anonymousreply 254June 22, 2020 11:42 PM

Ancient white racist fags are the core contributors to Datalounge. They always have been - but now they're really fucking old. Dying.

by Anonymousreply 255June 22, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] Ancient white racist fags are the core contributors to Datalounge.

DL also seems to attract vile, self-hating gays like R255 who disdain racism but not homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 256June 22, 2020 11:49 PM

I'm not self hating. A fag is a fag. DL is overpopulated with stereotypical old white racist fags. The rest of gay and non conforming queer people have progressed. We're all god's children R256. Join the human race.

by Anonymousreply 257June 22, 2020 11:58 PM

I thought 'The Lone Ranger' was a little long, but I really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 258June 23, 2020 12:00 AM

I respect and applaud diverse casting, but sometimes it makes zero sense. And if anybody can play anything, then straight actors should be able to play gay roles and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 259June 23, 2020 12:03 AM

[quote]We're all god's children [R256]. Join the human race.

Well, everyone except "white fags" apparently. You've been plaguing this board for years and are a disgusting person.

by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2020 12:05 AM

Meryl Streep has been overrated hack for the last twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2020 12:08 AM

You don't know me at all R260. I speak the truth. You are free to smear shit all over the walls of your guest bathroom and jerk off in the corner while you read the replies. I see you. So does Mediapolis. Do fuck off miss warwicke. You're banned AND dead.

by Anonymousreply 262June 23, 2020 12:11 AM

I can't stand Robert Downey Jr. sober. I think he did better movies when he was on drugs. He is now become this arrogant, greedy, boring ass.

by Anonymousreply 263June 23, 2020 12:11 AM

Kate Bush is a great artist, but I never particularly thought of her to be a genius.

by Anonymousreply 264June 23, 2020 12:12 AM

Jonah Hill should have never lost weight.

by Anonymousreply 265June 23, 2020 12:14 AM

Fit fat is not a thing.

by Anonymousreply 266June 23, 2020 12:16 AM

R266, according to fat activists, fat people also be "healthy". I love all these activists rewriting the rules.

by Anonymousreply 267June 23, 2020 12:17 AM

r262 you're not seeing shit. You're a shit stirrer and a tiresome bore.

by Anonymousreply 268June 23, 2020 12:44 AM

River Phoenix was nothing special as an actor. He was flat out bad in most of his adult roles.

by Anonymousreply 269June 23, 2020 1:03 AM

[quote] River Phoenix was nothing special as an actor.

This goes for just about all actors and singers who have died in their twenties, James Dean included. They are mostly overrated with the exceptions of Joplin and Hendrix.

by Anonymousreply 270June 23, 2020 1:06 AM

Leo's overrated

by Anonymousreply 271June 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Leo's lost his looks, has bloated up and has rageface.

by Anonymousreply 272June 23, 2020 1:59 AM

Do not ever take the bait no matter what. People are out to bait people to create viral videos. Just remember that every move you make in public could be recorded. There is money in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 273June 23, 2020 3:06 AM

R272 He's very one note now. He was good as a child actor but he's devolved. Scorsese still loves him. He reminds me a bit of Depp, another muse for a famous director (Burton). They have both become disappointments after showing so much early promise.

by Anonymousreply 274June 23, 2020 3:09 AM

You are what you post on the internet, so be mindful. Nothing on-line is truly anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 275June 23, 2020 3:10 AM

The vast majority of actors working in Hollywood today don't even deserve their careers.

by Anonymousreply 276June 23, 2020 3:14 AM

The vast majority of guys DL thinks are gay, are not gay. Not even a little bit gay.

by Anonymousreply 277June 23, 2020 3:22 AM

I can't take Hollywood shoving Pete Davidson down our throats

by Anonymousreply 278June 23, 2020 3:53 AM

Sometimes people get the treatment they deserve..

by Anonymousreply 279June 23, 2020 5:15 AM

I'll take Pete Davidson's cock shoved down my throat

by Anonymousreply 280June 23, 2020 6:12 AM

Michelle Obama is not the second coming

by Anonymousreply 281June 23, 2020 1:34 PM

If Barak Obama had a more forceful and less conciliatory President in his first term, Mitch McConnell would be powerless.

"Hands-Across-the-aisle' and 'We go High' do us bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 282June 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Black Lives Matter protests are an excuse to ruin cities.

by Anonymousreply 283June 23, 2020 2:03 PM

George Floyd was a criminal and I’m so sick of hearing about him.

by Anonymousreply 284June 23, 2020 2:03 PM

Kamala Harris is not divine, in any sense.

by Anonymousreply 285June 23, 2020 2:04 PM

R284, Derek Chauvin is a criminal as well. Murder is a crime. It doesn't matter what George Floyd did in his past. The crime he was accused of that day was using a counterfeit dollar bill. The punishment for that isn't the death penalty last time I checked.

by Anonymousreply 286June 23, 2020 2:11 PM

What George Floyd may or may not have done is irrelevant. Nobody deserved what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 287June 23, 2020 2:12 PM

I agree with r286, 287 and 284.

by Anonymousreply 288June 23, 2020 2:15 PM

R282, that was always my biggest problem with Obama.

by Anonymousreply 289June 23, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote]Sunset Boulevard > All About Eve. It's not even close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 23, 2020 2:25 PM

I completely agree, R240! The amount of fake outrage, false dialog, intentionally misconstrued information, customized agenda, forced agenda, self-promoting editing, the will to believe, promote & encourage falsehoods--none of these practices have done society any good. As well, any constructive good that could be done by exposing real issues has been tainted by all the propagandists who shit on everything & are blind to the reality of anything.

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]If Barak Obama had a more forceful and less conciliatory President in his first term, Mitch McConnell would be powerless.

And you all would have been calling him an angry black man.

by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2020 2:52 PM

R257 is an ageist homophobic piece of shit who wants everyone over 50 to die of AIDS because he thinks the world will finally be a utopia. He is a maggot ridden turd that demands everyone agree with him but he will manage to make the world worse than it already is which is quite an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 293June 23, 2020 2:55 PM

Join the human race? R257 overvalues himself.

by Anonymousreply 294June 23, 2020 3:02 PM

Right, who knew joining the human race meant being a homophobic gay person. Guess we learn things everyday....

by Anonymousreply 295June 23, 2020 3:14 PM

Everyone seems to authorise themselves to be the Thought Police and censor and condemn others' viewpoints and opinions.

by Anonymousreply 296June 23, 2020 3:24 PM

I completely understand why using the n word as a slur is revolting and should never be done. But what I don't understand is why people get so bent out of shape when people who aren't black quote rap lyrics that use the n word. They aren't using the word out of hate, they are just quoting a fucking song. If you don't want people using a word, maybe you shouldn't feature it in a song?

by Anonymousreply 297June 23, 2020 3:37 PM

The N word should be retired to the dustbin of history along with confederate statues and portraits. I've heard the arguments about reclaiming the word, but I don't agree. The word is both a minefield and a weapon and relic of the past that needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 298June 23, 2020 3:57 PM

The Hollywood studio system worked far better than what we have today. Most actors are dumb as rocks and don't know what's best for them. They need a studio system to put them in the proper roles and to ensure that quality pictures are produced. Louis B. Meyer was a god.

by Anonymousreply 299June 23, 2020 3:58 PM

Cate Blanchett is overrated

by Anonymousreply 300June 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Timothee Chalamet's only good performance was in Call Me By Your Name

by Anonymousreply 301June 23, 2020 4:17 PM

Timothee Chalamet's only good performance was as Timothee Chalamet. Who here would have really believed he was capable of giving multiple people STDs, let alone having actual sex with WOMEN???

by Anonymousreply 302June 23, 2020 4:27 PM

Timothee Chalamet's only good performance was as Timothee Chalamet. Who here would have really believed he was capable of giving multiple people STDs, let alone having actual sex with WOMEN???

by Anonymousreply 303June 23, 2020 4:27 PM

The pandemic was overhyped and the lockdown wasn't really necessary. They should've isolated the elderly and at risk populations and let everybody else go back to work.

by Anonymousreply 304June 23, 2020 4:34 PM

Martin Scorsese has left mostly a bad influence on American cinema.

by Anonymousreply 305June 23, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] The pandemic was overhyped and the lockdown wasn't really necessary.

No.

by Anonymousreply 306June 23, 2020 4:36 PM

tearing down the statues of presidents has nothing to do with the reality of Black Lives Matter. It's just anarchists and SJWs who are antsy because they have been cooped up too long. It will bite the Dems in the ass in the coming months and is a stupid idea. It makes the Left in this country look like the Taliban.

by Anonymousreply 307June 23, 2020 4:38 PM

R307, when they tore down the statue of Ulysses S. Grant, that's when I knew it was about perfection politics. If they were just removing statues of confederates and their appeasers, I would get it. But Grant? One of the greatest Americans ever? Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 308June 23, 2020 4:40 PM

Boards where people think their opinions actually matter is proof of the imminent downfall of Western Civilization.

by Anonymousreply 309June 23, 2020 5:21 PM

Justin Trudeau is not that attractive and he's definitely not a good politician. Trudeau only looks good in comparison to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 310June 23, 2020 6:40 PM

Mitt Romney should’ve won in 2012

by Anonymousreply 311June 23, 2020 6:51 PM

The Cockgobbler is actually a pretty good lay, and I enjoyed swallowing his load.

by Anonymousreply 312June 23, 2020 6:51 PM

r292: Actually I would have LOVED it if here were an angry black man. He won a fucking MANDATE - the Republicans were CRUSHED with his victory - and despite the fact that he encountered much racism, he largely flittered his mandate away in his first term.

by Anonymousreply 313June 23, 2020 7:05 PM

r312: You're living in a fantasy world, .

by Anonymousreply 314June 23, 2020 7:34 PM

R312 must have had Covid at the time. He plainly lost his sense of smell.

by Anonymousreply 315June 23, 2020 7:35 PM

I don't personally know anyone who has or had the coronavirus. The media is the only thing keeping it alive at this point. And even that isn't working out like it used to. Few people care anymore. Everyone I know is more concerned about BLM and the upcoming election than COVID-19. The media should just let it go and stop trying to build up fear.

by Anonymousreply 316June 23, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote]The media should just let it go and stop trying to build up fear

Bu that’s their job nowadays. BUILD. FEAR.

by Anonymousreply 317June 23, 2020 9:44 PM

I hate people praising feo mediocre white men = Harry Styles, TimoTay, etc

by Anonymousreply 318June 24, 2020 3:12 AM

LaLaLand: Tom Everett Scott is a huge step-up from Ryan Gosling, That should be a happy ending for Emma Stone's character.

by Anonymousreply 319June 24, 2020 4:07 AM

Any of the Golden Girls were better comedic actresses than Lucille Ball. Even Estelle Getty.

by Anonymousreply 320June 24, 2020 5:18 AM

Regarding what R318 said, there is too much praise for mediocre celebrities of all races. The worst of course being the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 321June 24, 2020 11:14 AM

I am actually even more annoyed by the likes of Jameela Jamil and Priyanka Chopra. At least the Kardashians haven't announced themselves as "queer" yet. Or married Nick Jonas.

by Anonymousreply 322June 24, 2020 6:11 PM

Zendaya is overrated as fuck

by Anonymousreply 323June 24, 2020 10:09 PM

The social unrest will get even worse if Biden is elected.

by Anonymousreply 324June 25, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote] The social unrest will get even worse if Biden is elected.

Only among the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 325June 25, 2020 2:14 AM

Cuomo, DeBlasio, and Murphy are happy to treat looters with impunity and embrace cancel culture if it means getting Trump out of office.

by Anonymousreply 326June 25, 2020 2:18 AM

I support Asia Argento 100%. I think Jimmy Bennett hit a moment of desperation and needed money, so he saw an opportunity and went for it. The public was never even supposed to know about it, but I think Weinstein's people found dirt on her and exposed it to destroy her credibility. What happened with them would be perfectly legal in any state but California, especially in Italy. She can't be expected to know the laws of every state in a country she isn't even from.

And people who stalk and harass her every day because they still blame her for Anthony Bourdain's death need to get a life and leave her alone. He did not commit suicide because of her. It is cruel and vile to bully an innocent, grief stricken woman for something Anthony did.

by Anonymousreply 327June 25, 2020 1:59 PM

If you're a liberal who hates Trump, you can get away with anything. Kimmel won't get cancelled even though Megyn Kelly and Roseanne were fired for much less.

by Anonymousreply 328June 25, 2020 4:58 PM

Michael Jackson managed to sell a ton of records after Thriller because he never changed his formula. He never took real risks. Even in the 00s, with that shitty Invincible album, he released the same basic repetitive music. Madonna and Janet Jackson were constantly reinventing their sound on every album and were bolder than he was. This is why people all over the world love Michael Jackson's mediocre music.

by Anonymousreply 329June 25, 2020 5:06 PM

Zoning laws need to be drastically changed. Once that is done, racial and economic segregation will be reduced significantly. The only people who will be against this are NIMBYs because they suck. If reparations are going to happen, zoning reform should be at the top of the priority list.

by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2020 5:09 PM

Anthony Bourdain was not a good person.

by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2020 5:11 PM

It’s terrifying that AOC rose to such a position. No wonder NYC is circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 332June 25, 2020 5:42 PM

R329 I'm of the opinion that MJ's artistic legacy would have been much greater if he'd never set out to make the best selling album of all time, which famously was his explicit, stated intention with "Thriller". He followed it with "Bad", which was basically "Thriller II", and by the time of "Dangerous", he was following trends, rather than setting them.

Also, I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but "Heal the World" is the worst single ever released by a major artist.

by Anonymousreply 333June 25, 2020 5:45 PM

All Republicans deserve to die from Covid 19.

by Anonymousreply 334June 25, 2020 6:42 PM

R333, in my opinion, Purple Rain is a much better album than Thriller. Maybe that's because the songs from Purple Rain aren't played incessantly until you hate all of them. And it still sounds pretty fresh today unlike Thriller which sounds corny to me. If he had stopped after Thriller, his legacy would have been set in stone.

by Anonymousreply 335June 25, 2020 7:32 PM

R332 AOC is basically the progressive, female Trump.

Zero experience. Attention whore. Thinks "clapping back" on Twitter equals governing. Doesn't know what she's talking about half the time. Millions of syncophantic followers who think she can do no wrong.

She is good at grilling asshole conservatives on the House floor, and she has played the media like a fiddle, I'll give her that. And, unlike Trump, I think there actually is a capacity to learn and grow in there somewhere. If she stays in the House as a progressive bomb-thrower, I'll be OK with that. But she wants to be president.

by Anonymousreply 336June 25, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote] She is good at grilling asshole conservatives on the House floor, and she has played the media like a fiddle, I'll give her that.

This is the only thing the squad and their leader Bernie knows how to do--get attention. When it comes to actually creating change or passing legislation, these people wouldn't stand a chance. Bernie sure didn't.

by Anonymousreply 337June 25, 2020 7:49 PM

An actor who gets executive producer credit is total bullshit. They do absolutely nothing. The executive producer credit just allows them to be nominated for another oscar or emmy.

by Anonymousreply 338June 25, 2020 7:50 PM

R332. Oh, sure, just the same as Trump. She wouldn't need to "clap back" if she wasn't being attacked. Fox Cunts/Pricks and Assholes are OBSESSED with her. A young, articulate, Dominican woman with REAL LIFE experience, just a little different from Don the con.

A study found that the New York City Democrat was mentioned 3,181 times on Fox News Channel and its sister Fox Business Network during the six-week period of Feb. 25 to April 7, or just under 76 times a day. Not a day went by when she wasn't spoken about on Fox. USA TODAY 4/19/20.

76 times a day! Average, including Sunday!

WHy is that 332? You're so fucking smart, Go ahead, thrill us with your acumen.

by Anonymousreply 339June 25, 2020 8:05 PM

Leo can be great, like in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", but he is so often miscast.

Hillary should have won the nomination in 2008. The Democrats have abused her as much as the Republicans have.

None of the J.V. Democratic candidates would be beating Trump in the polls right now.

The Dems have a leadership vacuum after Pelosi, Biden, and Schumer retire.

I think Pete enlisted as a career move, a resume enhancer, not because he felt an overwhelming need to serve.

by Anonymousreply 340June 25, 2020 8:23 PM

Leo can be great, like in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", but he is so often miscast.

Hillary should have won the nomination in 2008. The Democrats have abused her as much as the Republicans have.

None of the J.V. Democratic candidates would be beating Trump in the polls right now.

The Dems have a leadership vacuum after Pelosi, Biden, and Schumer retire.

I think Pete enlisted as a career move, a resume enhancer, not because he felt an overwhelming need to serve.

by Anonymousreply 341June 25, 2020 8:23 PM

R339 Actually, she's Puerto Rican, not Dominican, and if a conservative, or even a centrist Democrat failed to make that important distinction, you phony "progressives" would rip them to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 342June 25, 2020 8:25 PM

^Is that all you have?

by Anonymousreply 343June 25, 2020 8:30 PM

If the facts are on your side argue the facts, if the law is on your side argue the law, if the facts and law are not on your side. Pound the table, and argue the process and accuse the other side of worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Jeffrey Epstein was a good looking man, even as he got older. If he were into men, I would have bent over for him.

by Anonymousreply 345June 26, 2020 12:02 AM

The problem is he would only be into you if you were 16 or younger.

by Anonymousreply 346June 26, 2020 12:06 AM

Lindsay Lohan deserved a better career. Granted her personal problems made that pretty much impossible but she seemed to be a good comedic actress and she never had to fuck for roles.

by Anonymousreply 347June 26, 2020 12:15 AM

R345, with Trump in a 3 way, you would be like a mushroom omelette.

by Anonymousreply 348June 26, 2020 12:18 AM

[quote] Lindsay Lohan deserved a better career

She could have become a better actress and a star with longevity but she has herself to blame. She choose a life of drugs, partying and blaming "the black guy" for her problems and threw it all away. See: the letter from the studio executive written to her, basically calling her attendance and actions on set an embarassment.

by Anonymousreply 349June 26, 2020 12:21 AM

Schumer and Pelosi hate America.

Obama and Biden did nothing about race relations; they made it worse.

by Anonymousreply 350June 26, 2020 2:13 AM

[quote] Schumer and Pelosi hate America.

LOL

[quote] Obama and Biden did nothing about race relations; they made it worse.

LMFAO.

by Anonymousreply 351June 26, 2020 2:15 AM

There are worse movies than Showgirls. They are made on a weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 352June 26, 2020 2:24 AM

R352 Yes, I agree. And they're usually released on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 353June 26, 2020 2:39 AM

R353, exactly. And standards are SO low, people now acclaim that shit as "amazing".

by Anonymousreply 354June 26, 2020 2:42 AM

Disney's Splash Mountain to be reimagined, The Dixie Chicks are now The Chicks. When does this madness end?

by Anonymousreply 355June 26, 2020 2:46 AM

The supporting characters on The Office were much better than main characters like Jim, Pam, and Michael.

by Anonymousreply 356June 26, 2020 2:55 AM

R355 when all the guilt-ridden white liberals finally realize they are no longer willing to continue living on stolen land, voluntarily hand over all their property and wealth back to the native population, and fuck back off to Europe.

by Anonymousreply 357June 26, 2020 2:55 AM

r357 Latinos and Africans will have to go too, not just white people.

by Anonymousreply 358June 26, 2020 3:09 AM

Here on DL at least- Lindsay Lohan is not a great actress and she didn't throw anything away because there was nothing there. She was a child actor who grew into an average looking adult and serviceable actress-nothing more, nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 359June 26, 2020 3:37 AM

The only uniquely American music worth listening to is black music

by Anonymousreply 360June 26, 2020 3:38 AM

R359 I've often been baffled by all the references to Lohans "squandered talent ". I'm not judging her because of her antics and addiction... I just don't think she had an unique presence or spark .

by Anonymousreply 361June 26, 2020 3:42 AM

Chevy Chase WAS funny. And the first two Vacations and Fletch are still the funniest (or close to it) movies from ex SNL cast members.

by Anonymousreply 362June 26, 2020 4:46 AM

I can't stand Laura Dern. Her shrill overacting, her hideous face. I'm sick of this "yaaaas queen!" worship of her. Go away.

Speaking of, Big Little Lies was a horrible show. I think people caught on on to that in season 2, bur season 1 was bad too.

by Anonymousreply 363June 26, 2020 5:30 AM

but*

by Anonymousreply 364June 26, 2020 5:33 AM

Parasite was just OK and definitely didn't deserve to win four oscars. Total PC on the part of the Academy.

by Anonymousreply 365June 26, 2020 6:20 AM

Zoe Kravitz is a charisma void but because she checks all the diversity boxes, they keep casting her in huge projects

by Anonymousreply 366June 26, 2020 6:20 AM

See also: Zendaya

by Anonymousreply 367June 26, 2020 6:20 AM

R363: I thought I was the only one. She's painful to look at and she plays the same character again and again.

by Anonymousreply 368June 26, 2020 6:21 AM

I can't stand Greta Gerwig. She's ugly and has produced nothing of great substance but of course is graded on a curve due to her gender.

by Anonymousreply 369June 26, 2020 7:16 AM

Manchester by the Sea sucked and was nothing more than a male Lifetime movie. Casey Affleck was nothing special and has played that same zoned out, whiny, mumbling character in almost everything. Michelle Williams was terrible ("mah heart waz bwokenn!"). Lonergan's insistence on having a cameo in all his movies, as if he's Alfred fucking Hitchcock, is embarrassing to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 370June 26, 2020 11:02 AM

R357, everyone in the entire world lives on land stolen from someone else at some point in the past, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 371June 26, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]Manchester by the Sea sucked and was nothing more than a male Lifetime movie. Casey Affleck was nothing special

I liked it a lot. It was the first movie I bothered to go to a theatre to see since Brokeback Mountain, and I was not disappointed. And I thought Casey was extremely special. I thoroughly wished for nude scenes.

by Anonymousreply 372June 26, 2020 12:12 PM

r372 I saw a tweet from someone saying that their friend slept with him in 2000 and said he has a small dick. They might've deleted it though, but I saw it.

by Anonymousreply 373June 26, 2020 2:01 PM

Jodie Foster is not a great actress, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 374June 26, 2020 2:41 PM

I fucking hate wearing masks in public. They aren't comfortable and at least 60% of everyone else I see don't wear one so I look like an idiot. And I'm still not sure how much of the COVID-19 business is real and how much is media hysteria. But I wear one anyway just in case, because better safe than sorry. If everything they say about it is true, then the more people wear masks the sooner it will go away. And that is what I really want. For this virus just to go away so I won't have to hear about it ever again.

by Anonymousreply 375June 26, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote] And I'm still not sure how much of the COVID-19 business is real and how much is media hysteria.

Inhaling paint thinner is very, very dangerous. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 376June 26, 2020 3:10 PM

The Rolling Stones were never an amazing band and the fact that they were even considered "bad boys" seems really funny to me, especially in retrospect. They are the definition of "tryhard".

by Anonymousreply 377June 26, 2020 3:11 PM

R374: She's very intelligent and very classy but as an actress she's lifeless and mechanical. She should give back her oscar for The Accused.

by Anonymousreply 378June 26, 2020 3:18 PM

Harvey Weinstein is innocent.

by Anonymousreply 379June 26, 2020 3:22 PM

R378, I agree. I think Julianne Moore is intelligent, classy AND a great actress. Did nobody else notice that the The Accused takes place in Washington state yet Jodie keeps doing a poor attempt of a Boston townie accent? WTF was that??

by Anonymousreply 380June 26, 2020 3:29 PM

R380: I agree that Julianne seems very down to Earth but I think like Jodie she's not the world's greatest actress.

by Anonymousreply 381June 26, 2020 3:32 PM

R381, maybe not the greatest, but she is capable of actually showing warmth and sexiness on screen. Jodie's attempt at playing sexy in The Accused was so embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 382June 26, 2020 3:35 PM

Crew members are more difficult to work with than actors on a film/tv set.

by Anonymousreply 383June 26, 2020 4:12 PM

Being engaged doesn’t mean shit. In fact, most engagements usually fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 384June 26, 2020 4:20 PM

Getting married is also not an accomplishment. So you're married? Good for you. Call me in 50 years if you're still together and I'll be impressed.

by Anonymousreply 385June 26, 2020 4:36 PM

Trump was kind of cool back in the day, a good time guy. He was over the top, flamboyant, had gold toilets, liked to fuck good looking women - he was like a straight version of a campy gay man. I don't believe he is homophobic or really that racist - I don't think he give 2 shits either way. He's a democrat. He's addicted to power and fulfill that addiction he will do or say whatever it is to get it/keep it. The Trump pre politics would never have wanted to be associated with white trash under any circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 386June 26, 2020 11:33 PM

Madonna still makes good and relevant music.

Come at me.

by Anonymousreply 387June 26, 2020 11:35 PM

Madonna is sadly no longer relevant because of her age and her warped looks.

by Anonymousreply 388June 27, 2020 3:30 AM

If Gwyneth Paltrow was Asian her brand would be called GOOK.

by Anonymousreply 389June 27, 2020 6:41 AM

Movie star trumps pop tart and it's why Grandmadonna has always been bitchy towards Debra Winger, Sharon Stone, Julia Roberts and others.

by Anonymousreply 390June 27, 2020 6:47 AM

I just don't get what's so great about ryan gosling.

by Anonymousreply 391June 27, 2020 1:01 PM

[quote] Movie star trumps pop tart and it's why Grandmadonna has always been bitchy towards Debra Winger, Sharon Stone, Julia Roberts and others.

Madonna is friends with Sharon Stone. And famous pop stars have more fame than famous movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 392June 27, 2020 5:03 PM

What was the deal with Rachel and Ryan? Was it this great love story or no? I like Rachel but hate gosling.

by Anonymousreply 393June 27, 2020 7:02 PM

Scientists and Philosophers should not be put on high pedestals.

by Anonymousreply 394June 27, 2020 7:09 PM

Black Lives Matter matters but treating a drugged out thug who threatened to blow out a pregnant woman's belly with a gun in her stomach so a terrorizing gang could ransack her house as if he's some kind of hero and icon for freedom and dignity is truly fucked up shit.

by Anonymousreply 395June 27, 2020 7:18 PM

People hate madonna because she lives too long and is too famous. People expect a legend at her level to die early like Elvis, John Lennon or Michael.

by Anonymousreply 396June 27, 2020 7:18 PM

R396, if she had died in 2006, after her Confessions Tour and Hung Up, she would be immortalized forever. I mean, she already kind of is, but everything after Confessions has gotten less interesting and more desperate.

by Anonymousreply 397June 27, 2020 7:34 PM

It should be perfectly acceptable to laugh at people who say things like "I don't believe in labels", "according to the Kinsey scale..." and "I'm queer".

by Anonymousreply 398June 27, 2020 7:35 PM

R395: THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 399June 27, 2020 9:06 PM

I don't find Elizabeth Hurley's son attractive.

by Anonymousreply 400June 27, 2020 10:00 PM

I think people who don't know how pandemics work are irredeemably stupid.

Those who refuse containment efforts (first and foremost) and mitigation efforts (when that's what we're left with) deserve to get sick or die. My only concern for them pertains to herding them up as the potential vectors of infection they are.

by Anonymousreply 401June 27, 2020 10:16 PM

throwing money at a broken education system won't fix it - however, a badly formulated, unfocused, and overstretched curriculum is fixable

teachers' unions should be disbanded

by Anonymousreply 402June 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Obama and Biden are corrupt pieces of shit. Yeah Flynn!

by Anonymousreply 403June 28, 2020 12:43 AM

R392 Nice try Hun but no. You never see movie stars try to become pop music stars other than JLo. Most pop stars try and fail to be movie stars. Overall stature and respect goes to the movie star.

by Anonymousreply 404June 28, 2020 4:59 AM

Madonna always wanted to be Marilyn Monroe. Julia Roberts got the closest to that career. So obviously Madonna is jealous. And has always been.

by Anonymousreply 405June 28, 2020 5:02 AM

Madonna, Elvis and Michael Jackson attained more fame than any movie star did.

by Anonymousreply 406June 28, 2020 7:25 AM

If Americans learn to be less selfish, America will come back stronger than ever. If not, we are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 407June 28, 2020 7:27 AM

I think it's too late to do all these changes after George Floyd's death (NASCAR and the Confederate flag, Aunt Jemima, Lady Antebellum, Uncle Ben's, Disney's Splash Mountain, etc.) All these things have been around for years and you've waited until just now to do something about them because the world's eyes are on racism? I think the companies are just doing it for publicity or fear that the Twitter mafia will "cancel" them next. If they really thought there was something wrong then it would've been done a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 408June 28, 2020 12:40 PM

"We're the greatest nation on earth" is offensive to the rest of the nations on earth, was always untrue, and, after COVID and Trump, can never be true. Yet even Democrats peddle it reflexively. Until the country sees itself honestly it isn't much more than a big ATM for a few people.

by Anonymousreply 409June 28, 2020 2:48 PM

A lot of times, "verbal abuse" is just somebody being told the truth about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 410June 28, 2020 2:58 PM

A lot of teachers just hate their jobs and put no effort in at all.

by Anonymousreply 411June 28, 2020 4:25 PM

Adam Driver is overrated

by Anonymousreply 412June 28, 2020 4:49 PM

Laura Dern's oscar for playing Laura Dern was the worst decision the academy ever made

by Anonymousreply 413June 28, 2020 4:54 PM

Calm down, Laura Dern deserved Oscars and Emmys for her work over the years.

by Anonymousreply 414June 28, 2020 4:58 PM

There should be an annual honorary Oscar for the actor, actors or whoever the academy fucked over in all it's bizarre decisions. And I include Glenn Close in that.

by Anonymousreply 415June 28, 2020 5:14 PM

Glenn Close is probably the most talented actress of the past fifty years.

by Anonymousreply 416June 28, 2020 5:16 PM

It's OK to tell a lie to spare someone's feelings... especially when they already know!

by Anonymousreply 417June 28, 2020 5:16 PM

The Sussexes will probably succeed with their brand of hypocrisy and greed.

by Anonymousreply 418June 28, 2020 7:00 PM

The Harry Potters books aren’t very good.

by Anonymousreply 419June 28, 2020 9:30 PM

Ho Chi Minh was the George Washington of Vietnam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 28, 2020 9:31 PM

Joan Crawford is more legend than talent.

by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2020 9:41 PM

R419: The movies are even worse

by Anonymousreply 422June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

Black people don't care about logos on pancake boxes, the saying "master bedroom," Gone With the Wind, Family Guy, episodes of the Golden Girls on Hulu, or the color of Band-Aids. All of this over-the-top pandering going on at the moment is ridiculous and trivializes the real issues. All they're doing is making it easier for the powers that be to say "See? We took care of racism" while the issues they need to work on go unchanged.

by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2020 10:17 PM

Madonna always wanted to be Deborah Harry.

by Anonymousreply 424June 28, 2020 10:55 PM

r423 Black people are furious over the Golden Girls thing. The show is also beloved by Black women.

by Anonymousreply 425June 28, 2020 11:03 PM

Cameron Diaz is underrated. The only rumor I’ve ever heard about her is that she slept with Harvey for the Gangs of New York role.

by Anonymousreply 426June 28, 2020 11:41 PM

Hey look black people Melissa Joan Hart is no longer voicing a black character on a TV cartoon and we've put a racist warning note on a 1976 episode of Welcome Back Kotter. Are we good now? Does that make up for the statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest in the town square and all the times the police have killed you?

by Anonymousreply 427June 29, 2020 1:34 AM

Airplane! isn't very funny.

by Anonymousreply 428June 29, 2020 2:09 AM

R428 I agree. I finally watched it and was dissapointed. Comedy is notorious for aging poorly, I wonder if you have to be someone who was either an adolescent or young adult in the 70s to enjoy the humor.

by Anonymousreply 429June 29, 2020 2:33 AM

Airplane! was before my time, and I still think it's a hilarious movie.

by Anonymousreply 430June 29, 2020 2:54 AM

Ben Affleck needs another chance at redemption. Somewhere in there is a decent good guy who let the Hollywood scene fuck him up. He's just got to climb out of the hell he is in and see some light.

by Anonymousreply 431June 29, 2020 3:34 AM

Airplane is one of those movies that people should be able to catch one evening, after a glass of wine, and be caught off guard by it's humour - it's been praised and quoted so much that newbies go in knowing half the punchlines and with expectations impossible for any off beat comedy to live up to

by Anonymousreply 432June 29, 2020 3:45 AM

Kate Capshaw gave a delightful performance in Indiana Jones 2.

by Anonymousreply 433June 29, 2020 4:39 AM

The much-maligned remake of The Haunting with Lily Taylor and CZJ is a more entertaining movie than the 1963 original. The original is boring and not the least bit scary. Julie Harris is a ham in it.

by Anonymousreply 434June 29, 2020 4:56 AM

Revenge Of the Sith was an excellent movie, particularly the second half. Better than Return Of the Jedi. It's very underrated and has never received the credit it's due because it's tainted by the first two movies in that trilogy, The Phantom Menace and Attack Of the Clones, which are two of the worst piece of shit movies ever made.

by Anonymousreply 435June 29, 2020 5:00 AM

R428 r429 have to jump in because it’s before my time (I grew up with it on TV) and I think it holds up (I mean you can obviously tell it was made in the late 70s but that’s not what holding up means to me) — I’ve seen it tons of times Over quarantine too.

It’s the type of movie like Vacation — even when you know all the lines it’s still so funny — and I need to watch the funny and familiar now more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 436June 29, 2020 5:04 AM

R434 I actually enjoyed both the original and the remake. The only version I found appalling was that Netflix crapfest. The film had absolutely nothing to do with the fantastic Shirley Jackson book or the earlier films. It was a bait and switch turd.

by Anonymousreply 437June 29, 2020 5:19 AM

White people need to stop white-plaining racism to other whites. This is how we end up with the Aunt Jemima bullshit. And the “CHOP” zone in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 438June 29, 2020 5:29 AM

^*white-splaining

and let’s make that a word.

by Anonymousreply 439June 29, 2020 5:30 AM

Sally Fiels is a bad actress-too hammy

by Anonymousreply 440June 29, 2020 6:45 AM

Field^^

by Anonymousreply 441June 29, 2020 6:46 AM

Over the last 15 years, comedians have become increasingly smutty and correspondingly unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 442June 29, 2020 7:27 AM

I thought Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House was overrated so I'm going to skip the sequel.

by Anonymousreply 443June 29, 2020 9:29 AM

The current mood over racism will recede again if we don’t move into a phase of constructive action and reduce the angry generalizations. People can be moved to share. Sacrifice is a big ask and I don’t think it will happen in a way that satisfies the current tone.

by Anonymousreply 444June 29, 2020 11:44 AM

Exorcist II: The Heretic is amazing. There is nothing wrong with it. The fantastic visuals and Ennio Morricone musical score both help to create a surreal, dreamlike atmosphere. The reason it gives for Regan's possession is interesting and raises some deep questions ("Does great goodness draw evil upon itself?") and how they incorporate hypnotism, telepathy, and the hive mind is pretty clever.

I just don't understand why people hate it. The things they hate so much about it are the same reasons they praise Suspiria (which I also love, but the films have a very similar nightmarish atmosphere with heavy emphasis on visuals and music). If it was made in Italy, called "The Heretic," and was about a random possessed girl instead of Regan, it would probably be a cult classic instead of one of the most maligned sequels of all time.

by Anonymousreply 445June 29, 2020 12:27 PM

The appeal of Timothee Chalamet is the twinkish look. Once he looses that, he’ll be over.

by Anonymousreply 446June 29, 2020 2:46 PM

r445 Your last sentence answers your question. It is a sequel to a blockbuster movie that truly terrified people, so I'm sure people were expecting something equally scary or scarier than the first. Instead, they get a teenage Reagan going under hypnosis with lame flashbacks and back acting.

by Anonymousreply 447June 29, 2020 2:57 PM

*bad acting

by Anonymousreply 448June 29, 2020 2:58 PM

Classical music isn't that great and egotistical narcissists harp on it to seem sophisticated.

by Anonymousreply 449June 29, 2020 3:02 PM

Yours is a deservedly unpopular opinion, r449. I love Mahler. It has nothing to with any sort of perceived sophistication. JNGASPWYTOMOMTIM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 29, 2020 3:09 PM

Psycho II is a great sequel. In some ways, I like it better than the first one.

by Anonymousreply 451June 29, 2020 4:54 PM

The Ring is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. There was one good scene (Samara crawling out of the TV) and the idea was kind of creepy, but the movie itself just dragged on and on. I couldn't wait for it to be over. It may be a horror classic to some people, but it isn't to me.

by Anonymousreply 452June 29, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote] I just don't understand why people hate it. The things they hate so much about it are the same reasons they praise Suspiria (which I also love, but the films have a very similar nightmarish atmosphere with heavy emphasis on visuals and music). If it was made in Italy, called "The Heretic," and was about a random possessed girl instead of Regan, it would probably be a cult classic instead of one of the most maligned sequels of all time.

To paraphrase Pauline Kael: "if it was in a language that wasn't English, it could have been a classic". I don't like Suspiria actually but in no way is it similar to the Exorcist II. In the latter movier, there are like two suspenseful scenes in the whole movie. The story is so convoluted and ridiculous that it's laughable. And there's no way you can get someone to be scared of a demon named "Pazzuzu". And what the hell does Africa have to do with anything? Pazzuzu is a demon from Iraq yet we are suddenly in Africa? Ok then. William Friedkin was smart not to include the name in the first movie.

by Anonymousreply 453June 29, 2020 8:48 PM

Shalamar is underrated and unjustly undermentioned.

by Anonymousreply 454June 29, 2020 8:49 PM

Alan Alda's The Four Seasons is the most underrated film of the 1980s. Every actor in it should have gotten an Oscar nomination, and a nom for best picture as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 29, 2020 8:52 PM

R453, In the first Exorcist movie it is briefly mentioned that Father Merrin once exorcised a demon possessed boy in Africa. That is one of the reasons he was chosen to help Father Karras exorcise Regan, because he has done it before. That little exchange was also the basis for the two prequels (The Beginning and Dominion). That is how Africa fits into the narrative.

I stand by opinion that it is a good movie and is only hated because of how wildly different it is from the first movie. I think people were taken aback by that difference but it took risks no other movie would dare to. It is dreamlike and surreal, using strange visuals and loud music to tell it's story just like Suspiria. So I stand by that comparison as well.

by Anonymousreply 456June 29, 2020 9:05 PM

Men looked better when they dressed welll even for casual work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 29, 2020 9:32 PM

This isn’t a man. I don’t know what this is. But this is what we have today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458June 29, 2020 9:34 PM

I am so fucking sick of nonbinary/genderqueer everything. It's a pile of horseshit for narcissists who are black holes of attention-seeking and neediness and has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Fuck all of them, I don't care about their feelz or their ridiculous pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 459June 29, 2020 10:29 PM

An actor set to star in something doesn't mean anything. That could be a case of all dressed up and nowhere to go.

by Anonymousreply 460June 29, 2020 11:49 PM

Fat people just don't have the willpower to get off their asses.

by Anonymousreply 461June 30, 2020 12:23 AM

Weight gain has little to do with exercise R461. It's 90% diet. They don't have the willpower to put down the junk food and eat the vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 462June 30, 2020 12:36 AM

I reject your fat shaming, your concern trolling and your overt nasty attitude.

by Anonymousreply 463June 30, 2020 1:07 AM

Black lives matter when they’re killed by cops. This woke mob and cancel culture politics are so phony.

by Anonymousreply 464June 30, 2020 1:34 AM

The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Jessica Biel was much scarier and horrifically gory than the beloved original, which I also like.

by Anonymousreply 465June 30, 2020 1:53 AM

Feminism doesn"t ensure gender equality

by Anonymousreply 466June 30, 2020 2:16 AM

I don't have anything against her, but I do think Victoria Wood was overrated as a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 467June 30, 2020 2:19 AM

If feminists weren't gutless, fucking hypocrites, they'd take on Muslims for their horrific practises toward women.

by Anonymousreply 468June 30, 2020 2:26 AM

The Democratic Party is the party of chaos and disorder

by Anonymousreply 469June 30, 2020 2:29 AM

A sadly large portion of DL's posters are racists and bigots of one sort or another.

by Anonymousreply 470June 30, 2020 2:31 AM

Beware of men who come from dysfunctional families, rich or poor. They will have major baggage that will be with them for life. Men from happy families will make better long term partners.

by Anonymousreply 471June 30, 2020 4:11 AM

Fauci is wrong all the time

by Anonymousreply 472June 30, 2020 5:55 PM

Leonardo dicaprio is a bad person. I mean psychopath level.

by Anonymousreply 473June 30, 2020 8:14 PM

R473: Creep and pedophile level

by Anonymousreply 474June 30, 2020 8:18 PM

I have zero fear of Antifa. It’s a bunch of transgenders and incles without jobs.

by Anonymousreply 475June 30, 2020 10:06 PM

Fauci is a deep state liberal/democratic plant with an agenda to spread fake facts and cripple the country.

by Anonymousreply 476June 30, 2020 10:12 PM

If you want America to look like New York right now, vote for Biden in November.

by Anonymousreply 477June 30, 2020 10:13 PM

R475/R476/R477 are all the same poster who also thinks he should be able to say the N-word.

by Anonymousreply 478July 1, 2020 12:06 AM

Wine is just grape juice gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 479July 1, 2020 12:32 AM

[quote]The Republican Party is the party of chaos and disorder

Fixed that for ya.

by Anonymousreply 480July 1, 2020 12:34 AM

R478: How do you know all these came from the same person?

by Anonymousreply 481July 1, 2020 12:58 AM

Madonna is a massively interesting and magnetic figure, cliches and all, she will be until she is no longer with us, and afterwards

by Anonymousreply 482July 1, 2020 2:27 AM

R481 - Blocking them?

by Anonymousreply 483July 1, 2020 2:27 AM

Exactly, R483, and since I don't have anyone on Ignore it's really simple to see that R481 is also [R475]/[R476]/[R477] etc.

by Anonymousreply 484July 1, 2020 3:09 AM

Chris Elliott is an underrated comedian and should have had a bigger career.

by Anonymousreply 485July 1, 2020 5:08 AM

Grease 2 is better than Grease; The 1980s was one of the best decades for music; Men were sexier (in the past) than they are today.

by Anonymousreply 486July 1, 2020 5:24 AM

R477 you mean having the lowest number of cases in the nation and accomplishing the seemingly impossible after being hit the hardest in March? Yeah, I’m all for that option!

by Anonymousreply 487July 1, 2020 6:43 AM

I'm really fucking sick of Don Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 488July 1, 2020 6:55 AM

I'm really sick of fucking Don Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 489July 1, 2020 7:45 AM

R488: Aka the dumbest man on television

by Anonymousreply 490July 1, 2020 12:33 PM

Jonathan from Queer Eye needs to cut his hair and butch it up.

by Anonymousreply 491July 1, 2020 1:55 PM

I don't mind Jonathan's hair, R491, but the Frocks by Alok aren't very flattering. If he wants to be femme or dress in ladies clothing, ok, but he should let that snot Tan style him.

by Anonymousreply 492July 1, 2020 2:07 PM

Listening to Fauci is like listening to weather forecasters

by Anonymousreply 493July 1, 2020 2:17 PM

R488 he’s so self satisfied and his pregnant pauses are insufferable. Also — and look I get that the majority of Trump supporters are white trash deplorables — but it’s kind of gross how every time he discusses BLM he brings up shit like “we grew up in the DuBois section and they grew up in trailers. Sorry not sorry.” So asserting racial superiority is not ok but asserting economic superiority is ok? GOT IT

by Anonymousreply 494July 1, 2020 3:52 PM

Bob Dylan is so vastly overrated, it's like he's a scam artist who's fooled everyone into thinking he's a brilliant and prescient artist. Even to this day, new songwriters and artist celebrate and worship smelly, unkempt, indecipherable, pompous, passive aggressive Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan's voice is awful, like a chainsaw. He's a mess, not a genius. Bob Dylan's lyrics (the few times one can figure out what he's mumbling) are rambly, self-important, incoherent and condescending.

by Anonymousreply 495July 1, 2020 4:12 PM

I swear they keep Don Lemon because his contracted value is cheap compared to the ego that ate nine o'clock and leaden tongued Anderson a heh heh heh Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 496July 1, 2020 4:35 PM

r495 he wrote some pretty good pop songs like "Blowin' in the Wind"

by Anonymousreply 497July 1, 2020 4:35 PM

R496 really, how much does he get? That’s surprising.

I think Cuomo’s show is the only one worth watching right now so I guess that’s my unpopular opinion (certainly on here).

Anderson Cooper gets paid $12 mil to say “systematic racism.”

by Anonymousreply 498July 1, 2020 5:00 PM

Cuomo is just so much about showing off. He's not stupid but at least once a week I literally yell at the TV 'shut up and let the (other) guy talk!'

Who the fuck live broadcasts their Coronavirus?

by Anonymousreply 499July 1, 2020 5:04 PM

Shelley Long is a better actress than Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 500July 1, 2020 5:15 PM

Everything ever written in the Bible, Tora or Koran are just a bunch of words from men. Nothing immortal ever, ever "told" anything to a human.

by Anonymousreply 501July 1, 2020 5:50 PM

Anderson Cooper is not smart and is a terrible anchor

by Anonymousreply 502July 1, 2020 7:53 PM

Anglo Canadians are passive-aggressive and neurotic.

by Anonymousreply 503July 1, 2020 11:02 PM

Helix is basically a porn site for pedophiles

by Anonymousreply 504July 2, 2020 1:15 AM

"Blowin' in the Wind" is a folk song, not a pop song.

by Anonymousreply 505July 2, 2020 1:17 AM

I can't stand Cassavetes. A Woman Under the Influence was 2 1/2 hours of Gena Rowlands making farting noises. WTF???

by Anonymousreply 506July 2, 2020 1:38 AM

r505 it's technically folk rock, but it was a pop hit for Dylan and Peter, Paul & Mary

by Anonymousreply 507July 2, 2020 2:02 AM

I think Obama was a decent president, but not a great president.

by Anonymousreply 508July 2, 2020 2:04 AM

R508: He was the worst president. He made race relations worse, hung out with celebrities, and took vacations.

by Anonymousreply 509July 2, 2020 2:09 AM

Requiem for a Dream is not the saddest movie ever, I think that goes to 'Dancer in the Dark'.

by Anonymousreply 510July 2, 2020 2:09 AM

R455, The Four Seasons is one of my all-times, since I first saw it on HBO in '81 or '82!!! You are 100% correct. My better half & I watch it at least twice a year. I was so hopeful for a sequel but gave up once the 80s ended. I never had any interest in the series that followed shortly after the movie. Although, there was plenty of story left to be told.

"Danny, will ya speak English? You're talkin' to humans here!"

by Anonymousreply 511July 2, 2020 2:25 AM

R508 Clinton was a better Pres.

by Anonymousreply 512July 2, 2020 2:45 AM

Funny Lady was a better movie than Funny Girl and James Caan was hotter than Omar Sharif.

by Anonymousreply 513July 2, 2020 3:22 AM

Ok...will probably get shot down for this...but I think that Le Creuset is totally overrated. I bought a whole bunch of cookware at an outlet shop for a good price, and I hardly use any of it. The frying pan is just too heavy to use on a regular basis, while the casserole pan tends to stick on the bottom, and so bits of food get burnt and ruin the dish. I have a couple of other non-stick casserole dishes that do a much better job. The smaller casserole pan I hardly use at all, other than that it's a firm base to attach a dildo to for non-cooking related activities.

by Anonymousreply 514July 2, 2020 3:35 AM

Pepper Potts is one of the best characters/performances in the mcu.

by Anonymousreply 515July 2, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] He was the worst president. He made race relations worse

Not sure how a black president could be responsible for making race relations worse...

by Anonymousreply 516July 2, 2020 4:15 AM

r500, I love Shelley Long, not arguing, but why the comparison?

by Anonymousreply 517July 2, 2020 4:16 AM

FDR is rightfully praised by the average American and leftists but leftists are way too uncritical of him. Truman was like FDR but more direct and without a lot of the ugliness that underscored the former.

by Anonymousreply 518July 2, 2020 4:17 AM

Gilmore Girls is one of the most intolerable tv shows ever made. It makes sense its biggest demographic was women--only they would be able to handle non-stop, pointless gab.

by Anonymousreply 519July 2, 2020 4:19 AM

If you're a grown man and you watch reality shows, esp. garbage like Real Housewives, I instantly judge you.

by Anonymousreply 520July 2, 2020 4:29 AM

Anyone who gets butthurt about the flag being burned or "disrespected" should seriously be sent to the guillotine or Guantanamo.

by Anonymousreply 521July 2, 2020 4:50 AM

Speaking of snowflakes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522July 2, 2020 4:55 AM

The View is a cackling hen fest and any adult man who watches that tripe is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 523July 2, 2020 6:47 AM

r523, this is a place for UNpopular opinions

by Anonymousreply 524July 2, 2020 6:57 AM

Wasn't that woman mentioned on R500 on a program people watch at home? I wouldn't know her.

by Anonymousreply 525July 2, 2020 3:58 PM

I think Andy Cohen is an attractive guy but I wouldn't sleep with him if I had the opportunity because he's such a shallow jerk. Same thing with Cooper... who I think is less attractive than Cohen but deeply weird. And I can't stand his a heh heh heh laugh.

by Anonymousreply 526July 2, 2020 7:08 PM

Viola Davis is overrated

by Anonymousreply 527July 2, 2020 8:49 PM

Blondie never got the credit they deserve as a great band with many, many fantastic songs (most by Stein-Harry or Jimmy Destri) because of Deborah Harry’s unreal beauty.

by Anonymousreply 528July 2, 2020 10:33 PM

r527, Viola Davis's snot work is unmatched in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 529July 2, 2020 10:35 PM

R527 I'm with you. I've only ever liked her in Doubt. The Help is tragically terrible and almost insulting and I thought Fences was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen adapted from play. I had to rewind a scene/sequence that had V and D coming in and out of the house for almost 15 minutes and overacting and chewing every tree and cat in sight.

by Anonymousreply 530July 2, 2020 11:40 PM

Double Indemnity is not the greatest film noir ever made. I would put other films above it like Kiss Me Deadly, Sweet Smell of Success, etc.

by Anonymousreply 531July 2, 2020 11:50 PM

Davis was great in Solaris, as were Jeremy Davies and DL anti-hero George Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 532July 3, 2020 2:41 AM

My Donald has the ass of beauty and fuck my poosey so Best. Ivanka get so jealous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533July 3, 2020 2:47 AM

R529 Shut up! 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 534July 3, 2020 2:51 AM

Except for Jaws and Close Encounters, Spielberg's films have aged like milk.

Hitchcock's films, by comparison, are still as fresh today as they were 60 years ago. They've actually gotten better with age.

by Anonymousreply 535July 3, 2020 5:01 AM

I don't like most Hitchcock. His movies are too melodramatic for me. Oddly, I do love Vertigo and it's one of my favorite movies. I agree on Spielberg, that's what happens when you have the mind of a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 536July 3, 2020 5:14 AM

ET is unwatchable today. God, what a steaming pile of shit. And it was the highest-grossing movie of all time for a number of years.

by Anonymousreply 537July 3, 2020 5:19 AM

Frank Zappa is nowhere near a music genius.

by Anonymousreply 538July 3, 2020 5:19 AM

LatinX is a stupid term. Do most Latinos even refer to themselves as LatinX? I've only heard that term used by white people.

by Anonymousreply 539July 3, 2020 5:22 AM

I agree R35. Hitchcock films are timeless if you take specific dates away. They can happen any time. I think most hold up. Spielberg has two great films Schindlers List and The Color Purple. I admire Jaws, ET and Close Encounters but they don't hold up well without nostalgia. I liked his Color Purple but he made it for simpletons.

by Anonymousreply 540July 3, 2020 5:25 AM

Rr535*

by Anonymousreply 541July 3, 2020 5:26 AM

I've shown Rear Window to friends of mine who are not normally fans of classic Hollywood, and they've all loved it. It's still edge-of-your-seat and totally engrossing today. Fantastic film.

by Anonymousreply 542July 3, 2020 5:27 AM

Rear Window is a fantastic film. And in my opinion one of Grace's best roles. She was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 543July 3, 2020 6:16 AM

R537 I thought E.T. was a pile of shit when it first came out. I swear I could feel Spielberg reaching into my wallet and stealing my money while I watched it. An empty, mindless, soulless cash grab.

by Anonymousreply 544July 3, 2020 6:27 AM

The overall quality of people has declined. It's like the zombie apocalypse out there.

by Anonymousreply 545July 3, 2020 6:38 AM

Organized religion had ruined this world.

by Anonymousreply 546July 3, 2020 9:42 AM

E.T. was made to be marketed for toys.

by Anonymousreply 547July 3, 2020 11:26 AM

I thought that WHO’S THAT GIRL was Madonna’s best movie.

by Anonymousreply 548July 3, 2020 12:19 PM

I realize Madonna never made a good movie, r548.

And that ET was also a marketing opportunity for candy, r547.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549July 3, 2020 1:21 PM

Women wear shorts that show off half their asscheeks and low cut shirts with their tits hanging out because they want guys to look. They complain about being hit on and catcalled because it's not the guys they want who are doing it. They're ugly, fat, or old rather than say Channing Tatum or Zac Efron.

by Anonymousreply 550July 3, 2020 2:04 PM

In the west, fat positivity and POZ positivity are both really stupid. if you're obese, chances are you just can't put the spoon down. If you become POZ in this day and age in the west, chances are you were a slut.

by Anonymousreply 551July 3, 2020 4:30 PM

I hated ET when it came out. I was a little kid and my best friend loved it and dragged me to the theatre three times to see it! He ended up seeing it NINE times in the theatre!

by Anonymousreply 552July 3, 2020 5:45 PM

R355 in 2052

by Anonymousreply 553July 3, 2020 5:45 PM

Joan Jett is one of the, and possibly THE, most overrated artist in rock history.

She does exactly ONE thing, and she's been doing that one thing forever.

I'd be hard pressed to come up with a so-called major artist who's exhibited less growth as an artist over the years...except maybe the Ramones.

Everything she touches sounds exactly the same. Same guitar sound. Same faux-raspy, sneering vocal.

If you've heard one Joan Jett song, you've heard them all.

by Anonymousreply 554July 3, 2020 7:03 PM

Whites are responsible for most of the problems in the world today. I fucking hate chinks but hope they will take over the world soon.

by Anonymousreply 555July 3, 2020 7:37 PM

^^most of the problems in the world today come from the Middle East and Third World baby factories.

by Anonymousreply 556July 3, 2020 8:00 PM

You have to be standing in Cleveland to be able to social distance from Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 557July 3, 2020 8:20 PM

You’re better off eating fattening /rich foods and a lot less. Yeah you can eat more of healthy foods but who wants to eat more of them anyway?

You’ll be thinner and happier. Idk about the cholesterol issue but who cares.

by Anonymousreply 558July 3, 2020 8:46 PM

America is the least racist country in the world.

by Anonymousreply 559July 3, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote] Joan Jett is one of the, and possibly THE, most overrated artist in rock history.

She's not even a rock artist. She is pop rock, same as Avril Lavigne. So she sucks evevn more.

by Anonymousreply 560July 3, 2020 8:57 PM

Drag is not entertaining, it's just weird.

by Anonymousreply 561July 3, 2020 8:57 PM

The Foo Fighters are such a boring band. They are proof that being interesting and/or creative is much more important than being "talanted"

by Anonymousreply 562July 3, 2020 8:58 PM

R562 I think Everlong holds up fairly well, but come to think of it there is a certain dull uniformity to most of their music. I do enjoy listening to Foo Fighters when I'm working out though.

by Anonymousreply 563July 3, 2020 9:26 PM

R563, the best music for working out is stuff you don't have to pay attention to. So that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 564July 3, 2020 9:29 PM

Gay and Trans are not at all related. One is physical, the other is mental.

by Anonymousreply 565July 3, 2020 11:51 PM

I love porn and I'm all for freedom of expression but I think sex in the movies is usually really stupid and unsexy. I also think making horror movies gory is unnecessary most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 566July 4, 2020 12:23 AM

Trump's a great anti-war president, he's the only one who hasn't started a war this millenium.

by Anonymousreply 567July 4, 2020 12:36 AM

R64 I remember when she did a live performance for E the year Dream Girls came out. It was for an award show preshow performance and she sounded like a crazy person. She was screaming and hollering and jerking around like someone who lost their mind. She sounded AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 568July 4, 2020 12:56 AM

R54 you sound incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 569July 4, 2020 1:01 AM

R129 what policies did Trump Implement that will take generations to undo?

I’m legitimately asking as I’m not from the US?

by Anonymousreply 570July 4, 2020 1:12 AM

^^^^Good evening, comrade :-))))))))

by Anonymousreply 571July 4, 2020 1:18 AM

Ryan Murphy is very talented. Uneven, but talented . The people who bitch the most about his stuff always tune in to watch it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 572July 4, 2020 3:21 AM

Real men wear plain, white cotton boxers.

by Anonymousreply 573July 4, 2020 9:13 AM

[quote]LatinX is a stupid term. Do most Latinos even refer to themselves as LatinX? I've only heard that term used by white people.

I've seen that Latina comedian Cristela Alonzo use it frequently on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 574July 4, 2020 2:17 PM

Not striped R573?

by Anonymousreply 575July 4, 2020 2:39 PM

I don't know why the critics still kiss Quentin Tarantino's ass. However, I give him credit for admitting that he knew all about Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 576July 4, 2020 3:02 PM

Because entertainment is so easily accessed now at all times, there will be no more “classic” movies, TV shows, or albums made any more

by Anonymousreply 577July 4, 2020 3:24 PM

I’m a bottom, but dildoes do nothing for me

by Anonymousreply 578July 4, 2020 3:25 PM

Barbara Streisand has always been mediocre and completely insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 579July 4, 2020 5:36 PM

The only people who still like Barbra are older gays and New Yorkers. No one else cares for her existence or her music. She is pre-modern.

by Anonymousreply 580July 4, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote] I’m a bottom, but dildoes do nothing for me

I don't like glass dildos. They just feel very weird.

by Anonymousreply 581July 4, 2020 7:15 PM

I don’t like Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 582July 4, 2020 10:08 PM

I'm Gen X and Barbra is definitely a Boomer gay thing. Gen X gays have never been into her on a large scale. With us it was all about Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 583July 4, 2020 10:12 PM

I used to be against reparations but now I'm just at the point where I think maybe we should do it. Not out of any sense of altruism, but rather it's like "Here. Here's your reparations money. Now will you just SHUT THE FUCK UP already. You no longer have any right to complain. It's done. Over. Can everybody just move the fuck on now?"

by Anonymousreply 584July 4, 2020 10:32 PM

I'm for reparations. Not necessarily in the form of a cash handout, but in the form of rezoning, investing more in low performing public schools, etc. In my opinion, in America, only black people and native americans can claim reparations.

by Anonymousreply 585July 4, 2020 11:09 PM

Black people are more racist than white people

by Anonymousreply 586July 4, 2020 11:14 PM

East Asians are easily the most racist people on Earth. This isn't to say they are all bad. But as a whole, they are incredibly bigotted and/or racist towards those who aren't them, basically.

by Anonymousreply 587July 4, 2020 11:25 PM

East Asians are equal opportunity racists. They fucking hate every other ethnic group on the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 588July 4, 2020 11:31 PM

Whites are the most evil human beings and must be eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 589July 4, 2020 11:39 PM

r589 there are plenty of non-white countries in the world you could move to if you can't stand whites.

Oh, what's that? Standard of living? Well, never mind then....

by Anonymousreply 590July 4, 2020 11:51 PM

Black Lives Matter but Black Dads Scatter.

by Anonymousreply 591July 5, 2020 12:17 AM

Inspired by the last few posts on reparations I will say the "left" for lack of a better term, has the worst skills at framing their messages.

They cannot resist the impulse to scold, to talk down, to lecture.

They have all these great ideas and instead of finding the language to make people want to come along they are just as bad as Republicans at framing in language and concepts that turn people away. It's so frustrating. In short order I will be attacked and criticized for this unpopular opinion, which will prove my point. We so get in our own way. That's why Biden worked in the end. He's the kind of guy who tries to bring everybody along, not shame or hector or cancel them into it.

by Anonymousreply 592July 5, 2020 12:40 AM

Can somebody please make a part 2 of this? Don't forget to link back to part 1.

by Anonymousreply 593July 5, 2020 12:43 AM

I don't think Beyonce is a majorly talented person. She's not bad, but her hype is insane compared to her actual abilities.

by Anonymousreply 594July 5, 2020 12:48 AM

R592, I agree with everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 595July 5, 2020 1:21 AM

R594, I don't like Beyonce either but I just thought something a few minutes ago . I will give Beyonce credit for remembering she's an entertainer before she's an artist. Unlike Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 596July 5, 2020 1:22 AM

Hollywood tries too hard at "diversifying" projects. Most of it comes off as forced and awkward.

by Anonymousreply 597July 5, 2020 2:10 AM

R597 this is true. And I don't mind it so much when it doesn't matter historically but I do think you are not teaching people or accurately portraying society if everyone is woke and their group of friends all include a gay, a black, a Middle Eastern, Asian, disabled and Latino friend without honesty. Most people outside of the left and right coasts exist mainly among people like themselves. We shouldn't try to push that but we should make them see what they're missing by not knowing and engaging with different cultures. There's much to learn and enjoy. Outside of entertainment and politics few groups of friends consist of one of all of us. There should be more thought in how they bring those people together.

by Anonymousreply 598July 5, 2020 2:22 AM

Asians will not necessarily love you long time

by Anonymousreply 599July 5, 2020 12:56 PM

This thread is just a dumping ground for every racist thought that comes into some people's heads.

by Anonymousreply 600July 5, 2020 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!