Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are you currently streaming?

Netflix has been my BFF of late. Let’s be real, we’re spoilt for choice with ‘content’ at the moment. I’ve just finished bingeing The Assassination of Gianni Versace and absolutely adored every second of it. What are you watching? What’s getting you through the lockdown? x

by Anonymousreply 190June 19, 2021 10:32 PM

I'm streaming every series of Star Trek in in universe chronological order. Finished Enterprise and started the original series yesterday...

It's... Just... Awful Captain!

So so bad.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2020 1:51 AM

Ozark and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2020 1:54 AM

R2 I gave Ozark up early in season 2 as I thought it was a shitty parody of Breaking Bad. Is it worth going back to? x

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2020 1:56 AM

I watched all the seasons of Line of Duty on Britbox and await the new episodes. Caught up Poiroit Seasons 9-11 and rewatched Funny Face, King Creole, Bye Bye Birdie, To Catch a Thief, The Out of Towners etc.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]What’s getting you through the lockdown?

They have Six Feet Under "on demand" here in England and i find myself watching it yet again.

If you ever liked the show give yourself a treat, it's a great re-watch show and re-re-watch show.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2020 2:08 AM

The King: Eternal Monarch

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2020 2:10 AM

I watched the first season of The Great on Hulu yesterday. I will definitely watch the second season. It's well written and has a lot of really funny lines in it. Great period piece with lots of modern dialect. Also an occasional bear turns up, sometimes inside the palace.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 2:15 AM

The Eddy on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 2:19 AM

Dead to Me. Christina Applegate was really good.

Mrs. America

The Plot Against America

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 2:29 AM

R5 Where are you watching Six Feet Under? I’ve never seen it, but I loved True Blood so I know I should definitely give it a go. x

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2020 3:00 AM

6 Feet Under is on Amazon Prime

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2020 3:02 AM

Actually it looks like 6 Feet Under is no longer free on Prime.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2020 3:05 AM

Netflix: Community, Last Tango In Paradise, into The Night

Hulu: Stumptown, Gameface, Designing Women

HBONow: The Outsider, Years & Years

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2020 3:28 AM

I downloaded half of the movies mentioned in the awful but you love them thread. and all 6 seasons of 2 broke girls and am watching that. my lack of taste has no shame

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2020 3:35 AM

R5 Only the first three seasons. The fourth and fifth seasons were morbid and depressing and the show went from being a dark comedy to the TV version of Requiem For A Dream.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2020 3:40 AM

I just finished Ozark and it was amazing. I'm watching What we do in the Shadows on Hulu. It's hilarious. Been trying to watch a lot of comedies to keep my spirits up. Bob's burgers, King of the Hill, South Park. I've been trying to watch South Park because I heard it's going to HBO Max. I really don't want to get another streaming channel.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2020 3:43 AM

Finally watching The Americans. It was recommended to me as I am a huge Homeland fan. I’m really enjoying it so far. And good lord Matthew Rhys is as hot as hot gets.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2020 3:46 AM

In the middle of Black Butler now (anime) and watched London Spy previously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2020 3:52 AM

Ozark, Bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2020 3:54 AM

I've been rewatching Merlin. Funny, hawt leads and completely transporting.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2020 3:56 AM

Selling Sunset. For those who love The Hills/Million Dollar Listing. Christine is such a bitch...loving her!

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2020 4:00 AM

r16, you may like "Claws", Nicey Nash is a treasure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2020 2:12 PM

Russian sci fi series “Some of Us” is very good

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2020 2:38 PM

streaming ropes of piss, EVERYWHERE

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2020 2:39 PM

I meant Better than Us

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2020 2:41 PM

On HBO on Demand I'm watching the British miniseries Five Days and the Hungarian dramedy When Shall We Kiss.

I'm enjoying them both.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2020 2:57 PM

Stumptown has now been canceled by ABC because of production delays. Which meant the show wouldn't be able to premiere in the fall like ABC wanted.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2020 1:29 AM

Stumptown?

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2020 1:29 AM

Better Things on FXnow

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2020 1:34 AM

Bloodline, William and Mary, The Fall, Ozark, Mindhunter. All Numbflix or Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2020 1:54 AM

I started watching the American Horror Story series

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2020 2:37 AM

Doc Martin and The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2020 2:45 AM

Rebekah Martinsson. Subtitled but a really good scandi crime drama.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2020 3:43 AM

All seasons of Endeavor on Prime

I usually avoid British detective shows but this series is written so intelligently and acted so well. I love Shaun Evans as the young Detective Endeavor Morse. The plots are little complicated but it's really engrossing tv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 30, 2021 12:44 AM

Just getting into "Call My Agent!" on Netflix.

Camille Cottin deserves a big career. She's a star.

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2021 12:49 AM

Netflix = Broadchurch, Sinner, The Windsors (comedy) The Bodyguard, Shitscreek, the crown

by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2021 12:49 AM

HBOMax - Search Party - dark comedy but laughing-my- ass-off at times funny

I started to watch "We Are Who We Are" on HBOMax but stopped because of the Justin Beiber- look-alike. There has never been a protagonist so repugnant and awful.

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2021 12:55 AM

Extracurricular.

Great thriller so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2021 12:57 AM

Animal Kingdom. All 4 seasons on Amazon Prime. It’s so well done.

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2021 12:58 AM

I am rewatching Sons of Anarchy, I have a thing for Tig

by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2021 1:02 AM

We’re loving Servant on AppleTV+ - and it stars Lauren Ambrose from 6 feet under.

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2021 1:03 AM

Watched all of Ray Donovan on Showtime. Bummed it’s over. Was keeping me sane.

Broadchurch first season is great— goes steadily waaaaay downhill I think and by season three is not watchable.

There’s a good British series called The Fall with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan— really liked that.

by Anonymousreply 42January 30, 2021 1:12 AM

Yes R3 it is. So worth it for the season finale of season 3. It will blow your tits off.

Also Animal Kingdom, Discovery, Bloodline, Broadchurch UK and The Umbrella Academy. Stunning for different reasons. Sometimes it's necessary to overlook a few weird bits in Bloodline S3.

For Amazon - The Stand, The Boys, Fleabag, The Man in the High Castle, The Wilds, Good Omens and Upload. All fantastic for different reasons. The Boys is stunning. The Stand is still being released week by week but all the other including the Netflix recommendations are ready for streaming/binge.

by Anonymousreply 43January 30, 2021 1:15 AM

Also as mentioned above Better Things is great! I think I watched it on Hulu though not FX?

by Anonymousreply 44January 30, 2021 1:17 AM

Netflix - Night Stalker. Don't watch it at night or with your doors opened.

by Anonymousreply 45January 30, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote] Better Than Us.

That was an interesting series but the lead Russian actor had a previous "eccentric detective" series I liked much better. "The Sniffer". I had watched it on Netflix a couple of years ago and it's on Amazon now.

I was genuinely surprised Russian television would show so much about official and oligarch crime and corruption. Plus interesting views of modern Moscow and the area.

For myself currently, one episode a night of Wiseguy on Peacock. Damn that was fine television. Waiting for the next episode of The Expanse.

by Anonymousreply 46January 30, 2021 1:23 AM

Watching 30 Coins (which I also mentioned on another thread because I've become smitten with Miguel Ángel Silvestre) and Warrior on HBO On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 47January 30, 2021 1:27 AM

I'm finally watching the final season of Mr. Robot, and it's intense for a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 48January 30, 2021 4:05 AM

I am watching Dickinson on Apple tv. It got a lot of good reviews. I'm turned off by a lot of the pop culture reference in a show set in 19th century. Otherwise, it is a charming 30 minutes and more so now that Finn Jones guest stars as a charismatic but smarmy ladies man.

by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2021 5:01 AM

Homeland. Never saw it while it ran. Its ok. Some good parts. But also boring a lot of the time.

by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2021 6:02 AM

Coneheads followed by the Virgin Suicides followed by some random Steven King film.

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2021 6:15 AM

I've been mainlining 3-4 movies a day via Sundance.

by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2021 6:28 AM

I just watched The 100 and Suburra. Le Bureau (french) and Trapped (icelandic) are fantastic but in Amazon or sundance

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2021 6:30 AM

FYI: Sundance released more tickets to screenings yesterday and you may be able to still get one for individual screenings:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2021 6:50 AM

Where can I stream 2 Broke Girls?

by Anonymousreply 55January 31, 2021 7:58 AM

I just did a second run through Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

by Anonymousreply 56January 31, 2021 8:10 AM

Pretend It's A City (Martin Scorsese, Fran Liebowtitz) on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 57January 31, 2021 8:19 AM

[quote]Where can I stream 2 Broke Girls?

Hell.

by Anonymousreply 58January 31, 2021 7:23 PM

Murder on Middle Beach was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 59January 31, 2021 10:35 PM

The Crown (all four seasons)

Spinning Out (about a skater)

Tiny Pretty Things (set in a ballet school)

Queen's Gambit

Motley Crue - The Dirt

by Anonymousreply 60January 31, 2021 10:38 PM

Have been very pleasantly surprised by The Good Place. Just finishing up the last episode on the final season. It has been clever and funny and touching.

by Anonymousreply 61January 31, 2021 10:44 PM

R18: Yay! Anime! I just finished HunterxHunter, watching the last season of Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul. I really want to watch Banana Fish, but have to muster up the courage because it is very sad. Need to be in the mood for that one.

by Anonymousreply 62January 31, 2021 10:49 PM

And thanks for reminding me about London Spy. That has been on my list forever and I keep forgetting about it! Will watch when I take an anime break.

by Anonymousreply 63January 31, 2021 10:51 PM

I never thought I'd like anime or any cartoon but Castlevania was entertaining and riveting. It even had sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 64January 31, 2021 11:07 PM

Netflix: The Dig

by Anonymousreply 65January 31, 2021 11:12 PM

“Kim’s Convenience” is pee-your pants funny.

by Anonymousreply 66January 31, 2021 11:40 PM

Person of Interest on HBO Max

by Anonymousreply 67January 31, 2021 11:41 PM

Thanks R64 - I will check it out!

by Anonymousreply 68February 1, 2021 12:14 AM

Catching up on Letterkenny (Hulu).

by Anonymousreply 69February 1, 2021 12:17 AM

Just finished The Ripper about Stuart Sutcliffe the Yorkshire Ripper. Very good!

by Anonymousreply 70February 3, 2021 3:08 AM

Mr. Robot season 4. It's an intense series with a lot of subplots and some gay stuff in-between.

Spoiler Alert: Trannies Ruin Everything.

by Anonymousreply 71February 3, 2021 4:22 AM

Spartacus. Fun enough show with enough violence and nudity to keep me entertained. I also like how its like game of thrones in that it kills off characters, or that not everyone gets the magical comeback that other shows do. No, sometimes the underdog is the underdog for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 72February 3, 2021 4:27 AM

Sinner season 1, 2 and 3 coming out on Saturday

by Anonymousreply 73February 3, 2021 4:27 AM

Night Stalker and The Crown

So behind with stuff right now...

by Anonymousreply 74February 3, 2021 4:33 AM

Has anyone watched the Asian version of [italic]the Bridge[/italic]? It's an HBO Asia offering. I just checked HBO Max and it's not available there. An article popped up in my Twitter feed, and now I'm really curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 7, 2021 2:31 AM

I am currently obsessed with Call My Agent on Netflix. Also liked Dead to Me.

I also really enjoyed The Morning Show and Ted Lasso on AppleTV.

The Office is one of my favorite shows and rarely did a day go by that I didn’t watch an episode. Now that it’s off Netflix I am in withdrawal. I guess I have to sign up for Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 76February 7, 2021 3:02 AM

r76, I'm also loving CALL MY AGENT. I'm almost done with the 2 nd season. I can't quite articulate what's so great about it but I've fallen in love wit all the whole cast. I'm trying not to binge so it will last.

The show deserves its own thread, so perfect for DL, but I'm not certain they're are many aware of it here.

by Anonymousreply 77February 7, 2021 3:07 AM

R77 there is a thread called Dix Pour Cent (the series’ original title). Sorry too lazy to search and link it for you. But I agree, seems like this would be right up DL’s alley.

One of the things I like about it is the office setting which is relatable for me and I guess I do miss it.

by Anonymousreply 78February 7, 2021 3:13 AM

Re-watching Schitt's Creek, and still laughing.

by Anonymousreply 79February 7, 2021 3:16 AM

I just binged the entire Firefly Lane. It wasn't the best thing I've ever seen but it was watchable. I give it 6/10.

It was a bit rough around the edges but if you've got nothing else to watch then give it a go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 7, 2021 3:19 AM

I also binge watched 2 seasons of Gameface. That was really funny in parts.

Don't watch it if you don't like British humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 7, 2021 3:23 AM

Watching Warrior on HBO On Demand. (I'm a few episodes into season 2.)

I'm surprised it's keeping my interest, and I'm glad to see that a gay character has been added for the 2nd season.

by Anonymousreply 82February 7, 2021 3:23 AM

Mythomaniac is a great French series that is really fun. I absolutely loved Back to Life on Showtime. I think it was one of the best shows I have seen in some time. Lupin was very enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 83February 7, 2021 3:27 AM

Very very very late to the viewing party. I just finished season 1 of The Wire on HBO Max. I'm hooked. I can see why the critics went crazy over this show. It's excellent.

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2021 4:36 AM

I enjoyed Babylon Berlin a lot and it got me through a big chunk of the ‘20 Rona. Was very sad when I got to the last ep.

I started The Crown and Downton Abbey. Still watching those.

Love The Mandalorian.

Servant on Apple TV is fun. Also have been watching Alice in Borderland and Sweet Home, two Asian sci fi series — both started strong but I’m not happy with the direction they’re taking.

The Vow was diverting though much too long.

by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2021 4:46 AM

I kinda wish I could watch again for the first time, r84. After you finish watching the series, you can play "spot the [italic]the Wire[/italic] actors" on other shows. [italic]The Good Wife[/italic], for one, hired a lot of them. What surprised me, though, was that I realized Isiah Whitlock and Wendell Pierce had been in several projects I'd already seen. Whitlock has a scene in [italic]Goodfellas[/italic]. It was kind of like not having really recognized Gandolfini until watching [italic]the Sopranos[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2021 4:48 AM

I’m sure we’re late to the party, but my boyfriend and I just finished Veneno, on HBO Max. It was really, really good. Better to watch it in Spanish with subtitles, if you need them. The English dubbing is pretty badly done.

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2021 4:49 AM

Recently finished a couple of good British comedies on HBO Max: “Home” and “Ghosts”.

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2021 7:13 AM

Big fan of the British series W1A , a workplace sitcom about the inner-workings of the BBC with Hugh Bonneville and Jonathan Bailey and a score of Brit character actors you'll recognize from other series.

And MUM with Lesley Manville is also a very funny sit-com about working class suburban Brits. Great to see Manville not so serious, though she's kind of the "straight man" here to all the zanies in the cast.

And I also loved THE SPLIT with my personal fave Nicola Walker as a divorce lawyer. It's the kind of ordinary series that I would never watch with American actors (I'm American) but is totally lifted by the stellar British cast. And, of course, can't wait to see Nicola in the 4th season of UNFORGOTTEN, my favorite series.

I really hope all these shows will eventually have new seasons.

by Anonymousreply 89February 7, 2021 2:04 PM

Two episodes into Stateless, an Australian mini series on Netflix set at a immigrant detention camp in the Outback. Yvonne Strahovsky is one of the stars. Cate Blanchett is a co-creator and executive producer, and she plays a supporting role.

The hot, fit-fat Jai Courtney is also in it. I would tap that in a heartbeat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 7, 2021 2:44 PM

Stateless is excellent R90. You'll really enjoy it. It says a lot about Australia's shame about immigration detention.

by Anonymousreply 91February 8, 2021 1:02 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2021 1:44 AM

Lol...I first read this as The Assassination of Giuliani.

I’d watch that show.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2021 2:01 AM

We’re really enjoying LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX after I saw it enthusiastically recommended here. What are some other shows with gorgeous scenery shots? (We’ve already watched SHETLAND.)

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2021 11:59 AM

I’m finishing Veneno this week and just started that insane Q anon documentary, both on HBO max.

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2021 12:10 PM

I watched all four seasons of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend." (Never once saw it when it was airing.) Then every episode of "Poirot" in chronological order.) Now I'm working my way through the "Marples' starting with the Joan Hickson versions.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2021 12:33 PM

Currently in the midst of Mayans MC on FX. Thinking about how nice it would be to get gang banged by all that Latino uncut motorcycle club cock.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2021 12:41 PM

Thanks for the Castlevania recommendation. Loved it! Watching Blood of Zeus next.

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2021 3:48 PM

Started, "Them". Good but so uncomfortable- I wanted to turn it off so many times because of it.

by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2021 2:37 PM

Is Them similar to Us? Seems to have the same vibe.

by Anonymousreply 100April 18, 2021 11:55 PM

"ENGRENAGES" and "UN VILLAGE FRANCAIS" on MHz

Check out MHz streaming, they have thousands of great series from Europe and most of them are much better than all the shitshows on NF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2021 12:13 AM

r101, Engrenages is so good- I believe some seasons are avail on Netflix too. Does MHZ have, "Le Bureau des légendes"?

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2021 12:57 PM

For All Mankind - second season. It's getting very tense and I'm really enjoying it

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2021 1:00 PM

r100, sort of? I'm still on Ep.3, delaying watching more, because people have told me that it gets worse (not in quality, but what happens to the family).

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2021 1:03 PM

The Serpent - so good.

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2021 1:04 PM

The One on Netflix is pretty entertaining and excellent for a binge marathon.

I'm also currently watching the third season of Shitsel. A great family drama about an unorthodox family living in Jerusalem with lots of drama and one of the sons "Akiva" is pretty hot (but he's lusting after his cousin. Eww.) Also the actress from the excellent Netflix drama 'Unorthodox' plays one of the daughters in this series.

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2021 2:34 PM

Yellowstone - Kevin Costner series about Montana ranch family. Filled with gorgeous cowboys and beautiful horses. The title has nothing to do with the park, it's the name of the ranch Costner's family owns.

by Anonymousreply 107April 19, 2021 3:01 PM

Dove into “Call My Agent” aka Dix Pour Cent this weekend. LOVE it. You adjust to subtitles quickly - and it’s truly entertaining, beautifully filmed and very French. One of the best shows I’ve streamed in a while.

Last week I streamed “Baby” the Italian Gossip Girl. Great cinematography and music. Entertaining and worthwhile. Interesting insight into the Italian lifestyle - as well as juicy stories with hot men.

by Anonymousreply 108April 19, 2021 3:56 PM

Netflix’s “The Serpent” is mesmerizing. How in the world production design could create a total 70’s SE Asia atmosphere is just amazing.

On an earlier thread yesterday, someone mentioned “Columbo” and “free Peacock.” This morning I successfully downloaded Peacock and am now in 7th Heaven watching Columbo. I grew up in LA in the 50s/60s and haven’t seen this series in decades. It stands up to time.

by Anonymousreply 109April 19, 2021 4:17 PM

THE BUREAU is on Sundance, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 110April 19, 2021 4:20 PM

THE BUREAU is the best series I’ve seen in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 111April 19, 2021 5:03 PM

Try the original PROFESSOR T on MHz, it's also very addictive and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 112April 19, 2021 5:06 PM

I'm in a whole pirate thing lately. The Lost Pirate Kingdom and Black Sails. Loving them.

by Anonymousreply 113April 19, 2021 5:13 PM

I watched the first episode of the Spanish show, "Who Killed Sara?" So far, I'm ambivalent, but will probably give it another episode before deciding if it's worth seeing all the way through.

by Anonymousreply 114April 19, 2021 7:07 PM

I got through the 4 seasons of "The Crown", which I hadn't seen. Now I'm working my way through "Grantchester" with James Norton (this is on Amazon Prime).

I tried to watch "The Assassination of Gianni Versace" and I just found the Cunanan character so insufferable I couldn't even get through the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 115April 19, 2021 7:43 PM

"THE BUREAU is the best series I’ve seen in a long time."

My husband and I just finished season 4. Phenomenal series. But it's like The Wire. While the first season is absolutely fascinating, it takes a while to build that world up before it gets really moving.

I love the surveillance tech in this - the hackers. Super-cool stuff.

by Anonymousreply 116April 19, 2021 7:50 PM

The Serpent literally had me talking to the TV - "No Nadine! Just leave! Aaaaaargh! Please!". Fantastic show.

Money Heist was exceptional too. I completely fell in love with several of the characters. Just need another series now to see if they can escape the bank.

The Yorkshire Ripper series was very well researched and compelling- I was a child in the North during the Ripper era and well remember the news reports and social effects of his crimes. It really brought it all back. Absolutely chilling.

by Anonymousreply 117April 19, 2021 7:52 PM

The Crown 👑

by Anonymousreply 118April 19, 2021 7:55 PM

I enjoyed Made for Love on HBO Max. Male lead resembles Scott Randsome from back in the day. Also like the straight forward glass blowing comp show, Blown Away on NFLX - didn't realize the glass heating ovens are called glory holes.

by Anonymousreply 119April 19, 2021 8:04 PM

I guess I'm low brow because I'm streaming "King of Queens" on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 120April 19, 2021 8:28 PM

Finally finished, "Lovecraft Country"- man that devolved into a weird mess- it had such promise.

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2021 3:21 PM

I'm obsessed with The Circle on Netflix. I'm surprised at how much I like it and how addictive it is. It's far superior to Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2021 3:43 PM

[italilc]The Marauders[/italic], a bank-heist movie, on Prime, because it stars Christopher Meloni with Dave Bautista and Bruce Willis. The story has potential, Meloni and Bautista are fine, Willis' role is too small to fuck up, but the director is fucking it up.

by Anonymousreply 123April 20, 2021 7:07 PM

r122, watch the foreign versions of it as well- I particularly like the French one. Fun Fact: all versions of it were filmed in the same location in England.

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2021 2:30 PM

This is a Robbery, the four part series about the still unsolved Boston art museum robbery was so interesting!

by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2021 2:44 PM

[Quote] It's far superior to Big Brother.

So is looking at my poop in the toilet bowl, actually

by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2021 2:44 PM

Another huge fan of Veneno!

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2021 2:46 PM

Anyone watch "Quicksand" on Netflix? School shooting in Sweden, involving wealthy teens. One kid is the son of the richest man in Sweden. Lots of decadent teen party scenes, woooooo-hoooo! It was pretty good. I love subtitled series, they're like travelogues for me.

Now I'm into "The Woods," another murder mystery, this time in Poland. Having a bit of a hard time following it. Based on a Harlan Coben novel. All his novels lately seem to be getting made into Netflix series based in European countries. I've seen at least two others.

by Anonymousreply 128May 2, 2021 9:45 PM

Anderson Cooper did a shoutout to Fleabag on Jeopardy this week (surprise!); I saw the first season years ago, but should re-watch it and the next.

by Anonymousreply 129May 2, 2021 9:48 PM

I didn't last 20 minutes with the first episode of Fleabag. It just seemed try-hard and unfunny to me, like "Girls" but even worse. Does it get better?

A lot of the murder mystery series I'm watching constantly jump from past to present. That seems to be a thing.

by Anonymousreply 130May 2, 2021 9:57 PM

I'm a fan of the Irish cop series Single Handed.

by Anonymousreply 131May 2, 2021 10:04 PM

[italic]Stath Lets Flats[/italic] is so dumb it's brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 132May 2, 2021 10:06 PM

Just did Lupin on Netflix. There are 5 episodes I think. Anyway - I thought it was great. Apparently there’s more to come ...

by Anonymousreply 133May 2, 2021 10:24 PM

I streamed Flight Attendant on HBO Max. The show is full of just hot guys all over the place. I mean every guy the character fucks or meets, besides one doorman, is cute. There is this baby faces Italian that made me swoon. The bitch has so much hot dick at her disposal that she starts turning down these hotties (for a good reason).

The show isn’t very thought provoking but it held my attention as I ate dinner.

by Anonymousreply 134May 2, 2021 10:32 PM

Dark (Germany; Netflix)

Suburra (Italy)

Sky Rojo (Spain)

30 Monedas (30 Coins) (Spain)

Dealer (Spain)

Daredevil (US; drawn in because it's visually beautiful)

This Is a Robbery [Isabella Stewart Gardner theft] (US)

Vís a Vis (Spain)

by Anonymousreply 135May 2, 2021 10:33 PM

I tried to watch Fleabag and The Americans, did not like either.

by Anonymousreply 136May 2, 2021 11:21 PM

I'm about halfway into the Spanish series One Way or Another, about two fish-out-of-water twentysomething female friends living (disastrously) in a hipster section of Madrid. It's trashy, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I just started watching the Swedish docu-miniseries Pray, Obey, Kill, about a murder case in a community of Pentecostal nut jobs. The story starts off a little on the convoluted side, but it made sense when I watched the first episode a second time. Plus one of the guys - Patrick - is especially attractive in his present day interviews.

by Anonymousreply 137May 2, 2021 11:36 PM

Loving all these European recommendations, keep them coming. I’m open to other continents as well although I do find the Latin shows a little too over the top emotionally for me.

by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2021 12:56 AM

I'm late to the party, but Cheer on Netflix is AMAZING!

by Anonymousreply 139May 3, 2021 3:12 AM

R97 me too... always think about getting double teamed by EZ and Angel

by Anonymousreply 140May 3, 2021 3:13 AM

Shtisel, an Israeli production.

by Anonymousreply 141May 3, 2021 4:18 AM

Thanks to whoever directed us up thread to Unforgotten on Amazon. Watched a couple episodes tonight and think I’m really going to dig it.

by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2021 10:12 AM

I'm watching "A Rainy Day in New York." It's charming, I'm enjoying it. Watching the scene in the Met, I'm suddenly wondering, what IS all that Egyptian art doing in New York, so far from where it belongs? I've never really thought much about that sort of thing. Am I getting woke or something?

by Anonymousreply 143May 6, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote]Watching the scene in the Met, I'm suddenly wondering, what IS all that Egyptian art doing in New York, so far from where it belongs? I've never really thought much about that sort of thing. Am I getting woke or something?

Not all art belongs where it was made or where it was installed, R143. Not all art would have survived it it had stayed where it belonged. In 150 years, people have passed through the doors of the Met and come out in a sense years later with degrees in archaeology, anthropology, art history, art conservation, cultural studies, geography and gone on to make important contributions in their fields, contributions that changed the way the world view past expressions of art, architecture, everyday objects...

Should school children who grow to adults never having left the U.S. know Ancient Egypt only through images and videos of buildings and objects in Egypt? Ancient Greece? The Roman Empire? Gothic cathedrals in Europe? 12thC temples in Cambodia? 9thC temples in India? 13thC bronzes in Benin? To Lalibela to know about 12thC Ethiopia? To the Inca Museum in Cusco?

Is it preposterous to try to show the wonders of the world under one roof? Yes. And no. I understand repatriation and favor it when there are compelling arguments to do so, not to correct the past which is full of imperfections, but to fill a hole left when the objects were removed, for a future with its history restored in situ, not continents away; but also a gesture of international sharing, not shame. Egypt gave the Met's Temple of Dendur to the U.S. as one of the four major countries that most helped Egypt relocate treasures that would have been lost to the Aswan Dam flooding. In this case there was no smuggling in suitcases or complicated black markets and questions of provenance, it was in effect a cultural exchange: a prize for the Met but also a fantastic thing that helps make new archaeologists and new visitors to Egypt. Having everything Egyptian, or Cambodian, or French Gothic, or Roman Classical, or Traditional Japanese repatriated to the places of their origin deprives the rest of the world of a first hand look at those places without having to travel to them.

by Anonymousreply 144May 6, 2021 11:15 AM

R144 thank you, good post. I actually worked in the art world for many years myself. I guess the challenging of the status quo that we’re currently going through got me thinking, that’s all.

by Anonymousreply 145May 6, 2021 1:08 PM

R144 VR is happening. There are immersive tours now. There will be less and less need for 20 th century approaches to education.

by Anonymousreply 146May 6, 2021 1:13 PM

I am doing Schitt's Creek and The Nanny.

by Anonymousreply 147May 6, 2021 1:15 PM

We tried MY LIFE IS MURDER with Lucy Lawless on Netflix but too much estrogen. Sexy, saucy PI lives in a glam apartment, has a sassy black assistant, and is surrounded by hot guys. Lawless does this about as well as Mireille Enos did in her stupid show, both trying and failing to escape their butch realness.

by Anonymousreply 148May 6, 2021 4:25 PM

Yay! Castlevania Season 4 premieres today! That (and Pose Season 3) should keep me occupied for a bit🙂

by Anonymousreply 149May 13, 2021 4:52 AM

Crash Landing on You. It’s good.

by Anonymousreply 150May 13, 2021 5:01 AM

Call my agent. It's delicious. I'm not bingeing as it's to be savored.

by Anonymousreply 151May 13, 2021 5:28 AM

Turn: Washington’s Spies. Amazing acting. Assumed it was mostly fictional, but it closely tracks history.

Today is really our third civil war. We forget how divided the country was in revolutionary times.

by Anonymousreply 152May 13, 2021 5:56 AM

Benidorm on Britbox is hilarious. I also love so many of their period dramas. It’s definitely worth the $6.99.

by Anonymousreply 153May 13, 2021 5:02 PM

I'm considering Britbox, Would you recommend it over Acorn and if so, why? Differences?

by Anonymousreply 154May 14, 2021 5:32 AM

Snabba Cash on Netflix and For All Mankind on Apple+. Also, Mythic Quest on Apple+, having worked in gaming, I’m finding it quite amusing.

by Anonymousreply 155May 14, 2021 9:22 AM

Just finished The Circle, was a fun show

by Anonymousreply 156May 14, 2021 10:22 AM

[italic]The Omega Man[/italic] on HBOMax - I hadn't seen this since I was a kid. It's trippy watching Charlton Heston watch [italic]Woodstock[/italic]. I didn't remember that at all, nor his green velvet jacket.

by Anonymousreply 157May 14, 2021 6:06 PM

Just finished Castlevania S4 - Loved it! Great series finale.👍

by Anonymousreply 158May 23, 2021 7:20 AM

Agree on Castlevania r158. Saddened by end of series and may re-binge whole series.

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2021 10:45 PM

Just binged S3 of Shrill.

by Anonymousreply 160May 23, 2021 10:48 PM

Just watched “Amy Tan: Unintended Memoir” (2021) on Netflix. It was quite revealing and moving. Started a thread for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 23, 2021 10:48 PM

[italic]Startup[/italic] on Netflix - about a digital currency startup in Miami using laundered money. There are FBI agents, bankers, Haitians, Cubans and hackers. I missed this when it came out on Crackle. So far, I can't predict which way things will go in any episode.

by Anonymousreply 162May 25, 2021 3:48 AM

R159 - I might do the same!

by Anonymousreply 163May 25, 2021 6:46 PM

Just watched "Front Cover" from Strand Releasing. It is like a gay Asian "The Devil Wears Prada". Very good - I enjoyed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2021 3:21 AM

I am in the second season of One Mississippi and am enjoying it. It is on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2021 5:07 AM

Has anyone watched "The Break" on Netflix? Belgian murder mystery. I'm on season two, and liking it.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2021 3:32 PM

Last night, I watched a movie called "Steel". It is very good! It is about a gay, successful journalist with a tragic past and mental issues. The two lead actors are beautiful in it. Adding to my favorites list. It is available on Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 13, 2021 3:07 PM

Season 3 of The Kominsky Method, on Netflix. One of the few compelling series I've watched there.

by Anonymousreply 168June 13, 2021 3:26 PM

I am surprisingly obsessed with American Barbecue Showdown on Netflix. I was not expecting such a brilliant show. It's better than anything I've ever seen on the Food Network. It's the best cooking show I've seen other than Great British Baking Show and Top Chef.

The female judge who sounds like she smokes a pack of cigs a day is my favorite person on TV. She must be rich because her diamond ring is huge.

by Anonymousreply 169June 13, 2021 4:03 PM

wow, lots of shows mentioned here that I haven't watched...I will soon, thanks for all the recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2021 4:08 PM

I just finished 3 seasons of Startup on Netflix with cute Adam Brody and there was no closure. I'm not sure if they expected to get a 4th season, but I hate it when a show doesn't have closure and an open ending. The show also ended in 2018 so I guess we'll never get a satisfying ending. I fucking hate this. What a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2021 8:26 PM

Piss

by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2021 8:47 PM

OP, I'm on my second binge of Assassination of Gianni Versace. I love the time jumps; I'm catching things I missed the first time.

Betty Broderick

The Serpent

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2021 8:57 PM

Recently I watched Cruel Summer, city on the hill, who killed sara?

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2021 9:01 PM

After Life on Netflix. It's an amazing comedy/drama series about depression without being depressing. A few good laughs in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 175June 13, 2021 9:05 PM

Loved "The Serpent."

by Anonymousreply 176June 14, 2021 1:14 AM

Paradise City on Prime Video. A bit trashy indie feel to it but the characters are intriguing and the music, modern rock, is great. I'm actually loving the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 14, 2021 1:22 AM

Anyone interested in politics should watch The West Wing, either for the first time or again. The writing is spot on, there's humor in even the darkest episodes, and the politics are eye-openers, still topical after all these years. Watched all 7 seasons in just over a month, then rewatched them all, paying attention to the details I missed the first time. (Never saw it before Covid.) Clothing and tech are outdated, and the first three episodes are done in breakneck speed, but I either got used to it or it became more manageable to my ears after that. Really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 178June 14, 2021 1:33 AM

I saw the list of Netflix's June releases of their shitshows and I can't believe people have to pay for NF original shit.

by Anonymousreply 179June 14, 2021 1:39 AM

The Beast Must Die (not a remake of the 1974 film with Peter Cushing) on Britbox starring Jared Harris, Cush Jumbo and Billy Howle. Really engrossing, but I hate that it's a weekly watch. I want to knock out all the episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 14, 2021 1:47 AM

House of Cards - never watched. Absolutely fantastic. This is democracy in action. We only pretend to matter.

by Anonymousreply 181June 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Earlier today I was watching the Man in the Orange Shirt on Amazon Prime. Interesting storyline - starts in the era of WW II with Thomas and MIchael two soldiers who love each other. But Michael marries and has a child Robert. Robert has a son Adam - and Adam is gay too.

Right now I'm just streaming my music library on Amazon Fire Tablet. Not on my Chrombook - oh no - a change was made by either Google, Amazon or both which breaks functionality of read.amazon.com and music.amazon.com. Already reported this to Amazon. Next up I'm gonna contact Google and ask what the fuck changes they made to the chrome browser that broke it.

by Anonymousreply 182June 14, 2021 2:41 AM

Finished 2nd season of Special - which I highly recommend. It's about a gay man with cerebral palsy - but very funny and endearing.

Didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

by Anonymousreply 183June 14, 2021 4:15 AM

I just rewatched all episodes of The Mandalorian, and the end credits of the last episode are rolling. What a build-up and an emotional impact. The goodbyes between you-know-who were so powerful that even after seeing it the second time I burst into tears, and I very rarely cry. Favreau and Filoni clearly know how to properly show a man caring deeply about someone.

by Anonymousreply 184June 14, 2021 4:48 PM

Just finished binging both seasons of reality competition BBC show, Race Across World via free trial on Discover+. Unlike TAR, less manufactured drama/bunching and contestants can't take flights, which lends to more immersive experiences w/locals. Recommended if you're interested in offbeat travel destinations

by Anonymousreply 185June 14, 2021 5:57 PM

Lupin season 2

by Anonymousreply 186June 14, 2021 6:39 PM

I'm loving Hollywood...only one more episode to go.

by Anonymousreply 187June 14, 2021 11:29 PM

Right now I'm streaming my Amazon music library off my FIre Tablet. And what's playing is Luther Vandross "Until you Come Back To Me". Definitely has the 80's vibe but good tune none the less.

by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2021 10:37 PM

I’m watching the documentary Jay Sebring, Cutting to the Truth. Pretty good. Made by his nephew. It’s on Tubi. Worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 189June 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Halston. I'm in 4 episodes in and not crazy about it but I want to finish. If this is true he was an an asshole. Lucky he had Liza on his side.

by Anonymousreply 190June 19, 2021 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!