Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag Race Season XVII: Part Quatre

Get ready for the Zoom finale, ladies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 9, 2020 9:48 PM

How many times with Rock'm Sakura cry?

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2020 11:10 PM

So Gigi and Crystal are fucking?

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2020 11:13 PM

They were just joking around, playing into the internet conspiracy. Crystal has a serious boyfriend, her and Gigi aren't together. (Let's also point out the obvious Crystal is in Missouri and Gigi is in LA. They aren't seeing each other in person)

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2020 11:35 PM

Well the Brita and Von Du Reclamation Tours are off and running - but not very well.....

The wheels fell off and those two untalented men in dresses are still down for the count......neither one can admit that they "didn't get in their heads", they don't have the TALENT to compete against anyone......

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2020 1:06 AM

What the fuck was Ru wearing??

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2020 4:02 AM

He was going through ridiculously dramatic lengths to not go in front of the world without professional make up r5.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2020 4:07 AM

Did Rupaul have a stroke?

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2020 4:13 AM

I get why they didn't discuss Sherry Pie but it felt weird

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2020 4:17 AM

I’m surprised they didn’t let jackie be top 4 since sherry is out.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2020 4:46 AM

R6 I'm surprised he didn't just put on a robe, mudmask, and a turban. At least that could have been counted as drag... but a blue gimp mask? All because he hasn't had his "procedures" done in 2 months? Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 4:46 AM

I don't blame Ru. He is getting older now. He's very well respected in the industry already, who cares.

I loved the reunion this season! It was so nice seeing all the queens in their own elements.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2020 4:53 AM

BINGO, R6!

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2020 5:26 AM

Is that some kind of electro face stimulator.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2020 5:38 AM

Why did the other thread get paywalled? It wasn't even that active.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2020 12:07 PM

Ru was wearing a silicone beauty mask

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Ru couldn't even smear some foundation on his face and dress in one of his wacky, colorful suits. Instead, an international TV audience gets a stupid blue mask and an ugly hoodie. I'm surprised that the producers or the network didn't stop him from appearing like that on camera. Unprofessional and disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2020 1:53 PM

I'll still never understand Crystal's drag.Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2020 1:58 PM

It was a pajama party theme. Ru can do no wrong. When was this filmed? It's funny the big mouthed new York queen who mentioned it every 12 minutes fled the city.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2020 4:30 PM

Brita's wi-fi connection was weak.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2020 4:34 PM

Better to ignore it r8.

By talking about it you just give SP more of a platform, often the most powerful thing you can do to someone is ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2020 5:40 PM

RuPaul was wearing a kink mask. Y'all are kink shaming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2020 5:41 PM

R18 Brita mentioned she has asma and that's why she fled Brita City.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2020 5:56 PM

Best part was Aiden rolling his eyes all extra.

Jan is such a spoiled rich kid. That house. Biiiitch.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2020 5:58 PM

[Quote] Jan is such a spoiled rich kid. That house. Biiiitch.

absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2020 5:59 PM

I need to watch it again because I didn't notice anything spectacular about Jan's house. Maybe it's the NYC factor I'm not considering.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2020 6:02 PM

From the clip of her audition where she was Kris Jenner. I’m just assuming that’s her parents’ house.

Also on her IG her in-town place has a pretty killer view for a drag queen’s life.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2020 6:03 PM

I assumed the Kris Jenner house was a place for rent that one of his realtor friends (all the gays have them) let him use. lol.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2020 6:07 PM

To my surprise, Nicky Doll has grown on me since being on the show. Okay, fine she wasn't that great on the show, but still.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2020 6:11 PM

I'll say it again - out of this year's batch of queens, Jackie was the best looking guy when not in drag.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2020 6:32 PM

I enjoyed this season despite the Sherry Pie drama. It’s true best one in years imo. The Queens were much more talented than last season and Ru was much more engaged-whoever gave her that note, thank you

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2020 6:34 PM

You can tell when Ru is feeling inspired by the queens or not, there is a reason he was more engaged this season. His send off to Heidi was more real emotion than I remember seeing from him in years.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2020 7:33 PM

I love Heidi. And I love that she's keeping the name.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2020 7:59 PM

They adjusted his meds R31

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2020 10:26 PM

I wonder how many death threats Brita has received since Friday night?

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2020 11:23 PM

Where are you watching this?

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2020 11:29 PM

It's on Amazon Prime. I think Netflix, too.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2020 12:28 AM

Jan is a very popular and talented queen. Who cares if she’s from a rich family?

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2020 12:40 AM

Jan was annoying AF with that stupid SHADE button.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2020 12:43 AM

It was a fetish mask Ru wore but it was for compression, he had some work done and that is too keep the swelling down.

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2020 12:46 AM

People aren't generally inclined to root for the spoiled rich kid r37. It's not that complicated. It's also just an interesting backstory, generally drag queens have come from more disenfranchised backgrounds. But in the post-Drag Race world it is not surprising that is going to change.

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2020 12:47 AM

I just rewatched the whole season out of boredom, and I have to say that I adore Heidi. You would never think that someone like her would have anger issues so badly that she had to take management classes.

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2020 12:50 AM

what r40 said.

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2020 1:07 AM

R41 the classes DID NOT WORK. "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!". It seems they only taught hin to bottle down his feelings and be all chipper, which is never a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2020 1:33 AM

r43- was that in Untucked? I didn't watch those. And saying fuck you is certainly not bottling feelings up.

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2020 1:49 AM

Gigi Goode: “Levitating” by Dua Lipa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2020 6:18 AM

R44, yes that was Untucked. And I meant that he was pushing feelings down until it was too late and she exploded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2020 11:14 AM

R46 Was Heidi WRONG though?

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2020 1:34 PM

She wasn’t, I’m just saying she didn’t manage her anger

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2020 2:18 PM

Ru's upper lip looked very small and immobilized.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2020 3:13 PM

I wondered the same thing about Jan’s Kris Jenner mansion. My boyfriend casually said, “Oh, that’s his uncle’s house.”

I honestly didn’t care enough to inquire further.

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2020 4:27 AM

Are we not watching the finale? Ru is wearing another compression mask. What the fuck did he have done, and why couldn't it have waited? Or is it because he couldn't have his makeup done? After all these years bitch can't do his own?

by Anonymousreply 51May 30, 2020 12:18 AM

GiGi is fucking killing this... OK, my last comment--I won't spoil the outcome for late viewers.

by Anonymousreply 52May 30, 2020 1:11 AM

r52 were you shocked?

by Anonymousreply 53May 30, 2020 2:02 AM

based on the lipsyncs, the right person won

by Anonymousreply 54May 30, 2020 2:17 AM

Gigi was robbed

by Anonymousreply 55May 30, 2020 2:20 AM

I'm so happy because that's who I was rooting for.

by Anonymousreply 56May 30, 2020 2:32 AM

no one was robbed

by Anonymousreply 57May 30, 2020 2:34 AM

r53 I guess I can't say shocked. Let down for sure though. Given the events of the last few days, maybe it was just as well GiGi didn't win. She really pulled it off though. That A-ha bit was fucking fantastic. Her Dorothy look was done with a light hand, that I appreciated. I loved her ruby slipper reveal, and the panty flash was a fun touch. She did a good job with her lip syncs, even though it's not her strongest suit. She did A LOT. Bitch is only 21 and she's got a big future ahead of her. I really wish El Debarge would take a flying leap. I missed Heidi. I forgot how much whatshisname... last year's winner was such a yawn until it showed up toward the end wearing god knows what. Those lips...ew.

Speaking of god knows what...no one can figure out what Ru did with those stupid face coverings. The front runner guesses are are plastic surgery recovery (but why do it when he knew he'd be recovering on camera?) Or that he has totally forgotten how to do his own drag makeup. He certainly could have done *something* more creative. I think we are really seeing the little man behind the Ru curtain. I guess he has "people" now, so no need for working hard creatively.

by Anonymousreply 58May 30, 2020 2:46 AM

r58 the word is Ru got face work and planned on being healed enough for the makeup and wigline to cover. So most likely a brow lift or something like that. He can't do his wig and makeup well enough to cover since he has a separate make-up and wig person on the show.

by Anonymousreply 59May 30, 2020 2:53 AM

I forgot to mention, In a sense, because of Rona, ALL of these queens were robbed. Whatshisname was bitching in his "bit" about how a chunk of his time as winner was staying at home (aka not making any money). This entire batch of queens will have an uphill struggle until decent sized venues open back up. None of the really big ones, let alone the conventions (where the money REALLY comes in) will be open for a long time so back to making chicken feed at the smaller clubs. I think the filming restrictions in California are being lifted so perhaps some can score a YouTube show. Hopefully nothing as pathetic as the WoW shows, though I think the queens sell their soul to them for x number years, so they might be stuck. For every Uhnnhhh (however the hell you spell that) there are at least 50 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.

by Anonymousreply 60May 30, 2020 2:59 AM

R59 Makes as much sense as anything, but what he chose to do was a let down. What about a kabuki mask? A fabulous hat and veil? Or play up that he got work and go in full bandage regalia?

by Anonymousreply 61May 30, 2020 3:07 AM

Aha was cute, as was Dorothy, and I liked Crystal Methyd’s birds, but I’m fine with Jaida winning. Condragulations to all of them, this was a very hard finale to pull off and I think they all did a fine job.

by Anonymousreply 62May 30, 2020 3:10 AM

Oh, didn't you know it's been leaked that Gigi is the winner?

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2020 3:14 AM

r61 he should have just done a Ru Puppet - in the tradition of waylon flowers and madam and the show tradition of a bitchfest with puppets.

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2020 3:17 AM

r64 I LOVE that idea!!!

by Anonymousreply 65May 30, 2020 3:23 AM

'Free drinks, drugs, boys': what happens next for RuPaul's Drag Race winners

Ahead of Friday night’s season 12 finale, past victors including Jinkx Monsoon, Alaska and Sasha Velour look back at what the crown meant for them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 30, 2020 3:48 AM

Gigi was robbed. Just look at the effort she put forth to transform her space to black and white.

Jaida just pranced around in her own fucking living room, woopee. 🙄🙄

Even Crystals birds were pretty amazing.

Jaida just took off her cape, Gigi did a complete new outfit, down to the shoes.

The up close lip sync was better from Gigi as well.

Will I never stop watching these finales and will I ever NOT be disappointed?? ☹️

by Anonymousreply 67May 30, 2020 6:36 AM

I was fine for any of them to win, but watching the lip syncs, i really thought it would be Gigi

by Anonymousreply 68May 30, 2020 8:00 AM

AMAZING finale, loved the new concepts they introduced. Ru is so fucking talented at producing. He has such an artistic eye.

by Anonymousreply 69May 30, 2020 8:17 AM

They all did so well considering the situation and they all put on a great show. I am very happy for Jaida, and Heidi as Miss Congeniality.

I really loved Gigi's A-ha moment (for all us oldies who remember that song well!)

by Anonymousreply 70May 30, 2020 10:19 AM

The A-ha lip synch was a moment for the ages, but I’m ok with the winner. Gigi’s cockiness in her interview was a real turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 71May 30, 2020 1:32 PM

If it were another time, a different season, Gigi would have won. Jaida was not bad - anyone of the three deserved to win but Crystal was not going to get it because Yvie won last year, Gigi was not going to get it because Aquaria won the year before. So types were already done, the wacky drag queen and the young perfectionist. Jaida was a Bebe Type - older seasoned pageant queen something the show has not really crowned since Bebe.

by Anonymousreply 72May 30, 2020 1:41 PM

GiGi did herself no favors with that interview, but "Take On Me" was fabulous. In fact, I appreciated that both Crystal and GiGi had concepts for their videos while Jaida did her club act in her living room. But damn, that bitch looked fucking amazing.

by Anonymousreply 73May 30, 2020 1:44 PM

i wasn't a fan of Gigi's, but she really killed the lip syncs. I mean the bitch choreographed her face. I'm sure she'll be back for All Stars. Jaida looked amazing as Ciara. And Aiden finally stepped up her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 74May 30, 2020 2:02 PM

Yeah. I turned cold on Gigi during the interview. People who insist they are humble aren't

by Anonymousreply 75May 30, 2020 2:19 PM

Originally I was a big Gigi fan. She had all the right mechanical stuff (wardrobe, movements, make up), but over time I found her to be a little too calculating, not enough empathy and warmth. Crystal was outstanding but as someone mentioned above, her quirkiness was on heels of Evie Oddly. I thought that Jaida was equally good at her own style of drag, and she was likable — I’d want to listen to her and hang out with her.

by Anonymousreply 76May 30, 2020 3:23 PM

yeah, but in the next year when jaida is doing all the WoW stuff...Gigi will be raking it in without them

by Anonymousreply 77May 30, 2020 3:31 PM

While Gigi definitely won the face lip sync, I thought Jaida clearly won the final lip synch to Survivor. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

by Anonymousreply 78May 30, 2020 3:44 PM

Gigi absolutely slayed the lip synch but I preferred Jaida's music video.

Both Gigi and Jaida did great on the final lip-synching challenge. Given the current social and political climate, I'm happy Jaida won the crown.

All three are true artists. Jaida's hair and makeup were LIFE.

Personally, Ru's look had me gagged. I loved how they incorporated the Pop Art and had his head floating; it was very campy!

All seemed to be processing current personal struggles. This made it a very emotional finale for me. You can't fake that realness.

Gigi has a great visual eye (as does her Mom, who certainly helped her) but the "A-ha" homage was not entirely original. It was a recreation.

Jaida's, on the other hand, was original. She showed herself to be a true individual. It reminded me of a Toni Braxton-1990-early 2000-Monica-etc. music video circa 2020.

The fact that they were at home and forced to do a lot of the producing themselves, really made them stand out more, in my opinion.

Touching tribute to the producer who passed away, too. Goes to show you how important it is to develop trust with your cast.

by Anonymousreply 79May 30, 2020 3:55 PM

I thought Jaida won the close up lipsync, Crystal won the music video challenge and Jaida and Gigi tied on the last one. But I really wanted Jaida to win as she was the strongest all season, and was one of the most gorgeous queen ever on RPDR. I didn't much care for Gigi presonally and Crystal is not my type of Drag Queen... just not really into Clown drag, though I liked her very much, and I think if Evie hadn't won the year before she would have won as Ru LOVED her!

by Anonymousreply 80May 30, 2020 4:04 PM

Both Crystal and Gigi have better personalities and humor than their winning counterparts, Yvie and Aquaria, who both seem a bit bitter, but very entitled.

by Anonymousreply 81May 30, 2020 4:40 PM

Gigi seemed very teacher's pet/Tracy Flickish last night, especially the way she copied Ru's "MTV Spring Break in Daytona Beach" löok.

by Anonymousreply 82May 30, 2020 4:50 PM

They should keep the "make your own music video" as a permanent part of the finale. That was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 83May 30, 2020 5:56 PM

The problem with that is it can quickly turn into who has the most money and resources r83.

You'd have to give a set budget provided.

by Anonymousreply 84May 30, 2020 5:58 PM

^ Oh, definitely ...

by Anonymousreply 85May 30, 2020 6:01 PM

Yes, I agree with r84- in the Drag Race Thailand finale, the finalists had to produce their own stage number, and the one with the most money had the best produced, most professional looking number.

by Anonymousreply 86May 30, 2020 6:03 PM

We've talked about how Jansport comes from money. I wonder if GiGi does too. I kind of get that vibe. I don't care if it is cockiness or confidence, I wish I had what she has when I was 21 (400 years ago). She's a sharp one and with some seasoning I think will really be a force to be reckoned with.

by Anonymousreply 87May 30, 2020 7:56 PM

The one thing I will say is I don't think Crystal's video was drag. Other than the fact she had on earings it was more puppetry than drag. Like an amateur muppet show.

by Anonymousreply 88May 30, 2020 8:28 PM

Yeah I wasn't digging any of Crystal's looks last night. WTF was that hairy chest T-shirt thing?

by Anonymousreply 89May 30, 2020 9:02 PM

It was entertaining tho

by Anonymousreply 90May 30, 2020 9:34 PM

I'm very happy Jaida won. I was rooting for her all season. She was funny, polished and real. Her Aook with the slashes in the outfit and the painted animal scratches was gorgeous. Gigi and Crystal were both great too and will have great careers.

by Anonymousreply 91May 30, 2020 10:23 PM

I agree r89. I liked Crystal's looks in the season, but in the reunion I found them lacking that sense of fashion and refinement to go with the campy.

by Anonymousreply 92May 30, 2020 10:33 PM

Crystal's family was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 93May 30, 2020 11:26 PM

I'm glad his dad got a truck. Parkinson's is hell poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 94May 30, 2020 11:28 PM

I hated Crystal's video. For some reason, it made me queasy.

by Anonymousreply 95May 31, 2020 12:09 AM

I didn't like when 21 year old Gigi called out to Ru, "hey, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 96May 31, 2020 12:31 AM

r96 it was in reference to her Snatch Game performance.

by Anonymousreply 97May 31, 2020 12:49 AM

I was rooting for Crystal. But in the finale, she was more clown than drag queen. I know she wants to take drag in a new direction. She wasn't in a virtual club last night. It was more like a circus tent. I think it sealed her fate, as much as she was on a roll in the last few challenges.

by Anonymousreply 98May 31, 2020 3:48 AM

Very sweet vid of Milwaukee supporting the winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 31, 2020 4:49 AM

I would like to see Jaiden out on that corner in that orange suit she wore in the final lipsync, giving them a deathdrop.

by Anonymousreply 100May 31, 2020 1:14 PM

^Jaida

by Anonymousreply 101May 31, 2020 1:14 PM

Not so much social distancing in r99’s video link... I love Jaida but worried about her kissing and touching all those strangers!

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2020 5:07 PM

This was the first time since season 1 that I would have been equally happy for any of them to have won.

by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2020 4:14 AM

Agreed r103.

by Anonymousreply 104June 1, 2020 8:17 PM

God I need more Drag Race right now to get my mind off of all this anarchy.

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2020 9:28 PM

MARY r105.

Don't worry, there is another damn season starting Friday.

by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2020 9:44 PM

I asked before if there is a thread for the new season. I couldn't find one but that never means anything here. R105 maybe starting it would give you something to play with while you are waiting.

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2020 10:13 PM

Someone did earlier today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2020 12:42 AM

Yay! Thanks for pointing it out r108!

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2020 1:54 AM

All Stars starts this week R105.

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2020 4:56 AM

Gigi was who I expected to win going into the finale, but I certainly wasn't excited about it. It was the easy and expected outcome, after all. Then a day or two before the finale, it went around the Drag Race universe that Gigi had done a collaboration with (ugh) Jeffree Star. Some people were up in arms about them 'violating social distancing', but it was the fact she even did a collab with that disgusting creature (who I never even heard of until Trixie Mattel referenced him in a roast a year or two ago) that turned me off. After that, I went from being unexcited about a Gigi win to flat-out unenthusiastic. Then there was her 1-on-1 interview with Ru - not even Aquaria (!!!) was that smug. But she'll be fine, she has enough of a fan base to sustain her. Had she won, she would have had to split the crown with her mother anyway. Speaking of, it was nice to see her interviewed during the finale. Did anyone else notice how she kept referring to Gigi as "they"? I predicted a pronoun change back in Thread One when Gigi talked about 'gender fluidity' (then again, I was one of those who suspected Aiden was an FTM, and I've since seen a full frontal of her on Reddit).

Congratulations to Jaida - man, I'm still thinking about that constellation look she had on at the beginning of the finale. I think her win is kind of a last hurrah to the old school pageant scene, since (as noted in a previous thread) the drag world is kind of moving on from that.

And congratulations to Crystal, who I never would have expected to reach the top 3 when the season began. Her puppet show and her Reunion/Finale looks were... choices.

Onto All-Stars 5!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2020 10:14 PM

Finally able to post! Gigi should have won. So her interview was a little off putting-BFD! Humility is not something I expect in a drag queen. While Crystal's video was cute and inventive, it was strictly amateur night. But her positivity is so infectious, I would have been thrilled had she won. GIGI clearly won the close up lip sync (bitch was acting with her fucking eyelashes!) and her video was professional looking and a clever throwback. Jaida's video was her rolling around her apartment in front of a fucking fan. GROUNDBREAKING.

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2020 10:20 PM

Gigi is DRIVEN. She will be doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Oh here's the collab. If you need to watch, mute. That said, Gigi does have some makeup skills:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2020 10:23 PM

I thought Jaida showed more star power dancing around her apartment than Gigi did with all those bells and whistles behind her.

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2020 10:34 PM

Jaida was being championed by almost every Drag Race alumni, before she won. Manila. Trixie, Detox, Bob, Alaska, Aquaria, Fame, Violet - on and on. Her talent is undeniable and she's beautiful. She's not "just" a pageant queen. That bitch is special in every way. Funny, dancer, performer, beautiful, great style, titty bib, Look over THERE! - Justify my love - that look in her living room - a Ciara video come to life. Nothing against Gigi, who is a pristine and unusual talent, but Jaida won hearts somehow. Because her sweetness showed. No catchphrase, no gimmickry, just this week after week excellence. (She has nothing in common with Bebe Zahara Benet) And this fantastic unexpected look on the day the winner was announced too. Wear that banjee Bonnie and Clyde beret bitch! I love her. The drive by of love to her house in Minneapolis? A freakin parade of love in the midst of so much ugliness. I've never seen such local joy displayed for a Drag Race Winner. Ever. Jaida is special, for sure. She's truly a positive force in the world. Gorgeous and happily with same guy for 12 years. Blessed. A winner baby.

(Gigi was almost disqualified for filming her eighties song video, before my time bad song - because she did it in a studio. She had to redo it but the final product was not shot all from home. She really did look like Linda Evangelista though.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 3, 2020 1:52 AM

And yeah, I know it's Milwaukee. (I have Minniapolis on my mind) Jaida is already selling out her future shows in Europe. She's going to be one of the biggest Drag Race stars ever. She really isn't like anyone who has come before. She's the best of many things and something special all her own. She and Heidi have become best friends, which is all the sweeter. Gigi will do fine, but she's not beautiful like Miss Fame or bizarrely erotic like Violet or subversively camp like Pearl. I think Gigi is a tall skinny dude with a long square face and great clothes. Very bright though. But Aquaria is cuter and neither one of them can dance. The right queen won. For the first time since Bob walked off with an easy victory in a joyless season. Season 12 was stellar and Jaida earned her crown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 3, 2020 2:22 AM

A+ from me for all the finalists. I agree with much of what has been said: I liked all the top three and would have been fine with any one of them winning.

Gigi did come off like an asshole in her interview, but she has talent to back up her cockiness. She really wowed me with her up-close lip sync performance. I wasn’t very impressed with her Dorothy schtick or the Aha one, to be honest. They were good but not outstanding to me.

Crystal is a delight and so weird and just a wonder. But DRAG comes from Shakespeare—Dress As A Girl—and Crystal seems not to like to do that. She’s a bird. She’s an egg. She’s two birds. She’s a piñata. She’s an old man with a candle. Coooool. Not drag, though. (I am really impressed the producers put her through, anyway. I love that Drag Race is irreverent about its own rules when it finds gems.)

Jaida was under my radar all season. I didn’t think she was good in the “Look over there!” skit besides that one gag, and only the first time. But. She’s pretty much perfect otherwise. And I know some were underwhelmed by her living room performance because she didn’t make a set, but I thought she was so freaking charismatic. Most of all, what a lovable person.

I am going to say this is my favorite season. Honestly. So much talent, so few gimmicks or reality TV personalities. I LIKE so many of them! Heidi, Jaida, Crystal, Jan. Even though Gigi annoys me, she’s sweet overall, too. And I didn’t like Nicki or the one with THE TEETH during their runs but even they won me over in the finale.

I hope the series aims for more and better talents like these from now on and fewer Shangelas and Phi Phis constantly scheming to the camera.

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2020 2:33 AM

I like Jaida. So much.

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2020 2:51 AM

Jaida was a worthy winner but Heidi and Crystal are my favorites from the season and I'm sure they would be earning more than $100,000 this year if they were actually able to be out there performing and touring.

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2020 4:00 AM

I guess Gigi and Jaida both have lots of fans and lots of wins. But Jaida's lip syncs were much better, I thought.

I kind of agree with R120, though. Heidi was my favorite all season. But she definitely seems like the kind RuPaul wants to save for a very fast All Stars turnaround.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2020 4:16 AM

I have to admit I've never been this invested in the show or a cast. All of the top 5 were winners and I don't say shit like that. I just want my girl Heidi to reap the rewards of her fame. Any other year she would have already made 100 grand. They start performing and touring the moment Drag Race begins to air and the breakout stars and contractually obligated go on to tour the world as soon as the finale ends. Heidi deserves all the love and $$$ that her sweet divine demented whistling soul has earned. And don't forget what a fucking great dancer and performer she is too. And guess what - she's a pretty bitch in drag too. Of course she's my favorite, but she didn't legit deserve to win the crown. The right person won the show and she deserves the accolades and money too. Because Jaida is a queen that doesn't stop with just one look. She's pretty sweet and glorious and far from dumb - funny. And Gigi and Nikki and Widow and Jan and Crystal and Miss Iran are all very talented too. Dammit, they should be touring and selling out around North America and then the UK and then on to South America like all the other Ru tours. Makes me sad that they are really missing out on that hot train for making real coin. All Stars won't overshadow them, please. What's Miz Cracker got that's new? I love Jujubee, but she's like Bendela - she has no intention of winning and being enslaved to RuPaul or WoW.

Go see HEIDI when she comes to your town!!! I mean it dammit.

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2020 4:36 AM

Gigi's Mom will have another chance to win so I don't feel bad for her. I loved Crystal's looks. Jaida totally deserved to win.

by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2020 6:16 AM

I hope GiGi's mom learns to sew a different silhouette.

by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2020 12:49 PM

I got a weird passive-aggressive vibe from Gigi’s mom, who accepted a lot of credit for the outfits. And she made them, so OK...but it seemed odd to me that a mother wouldn’t just heap credit onto her child and leave it at that.

I also don’t get the backlash about Gigi’s mom having made her outfits. It seems most of the contestants outsource their outfits, whether their friends make them or they buy them. So why is Gigi somehow “guilty” or otherwise compromised or less legitimate because she outsources to her mother?

Gigi is the one who wears the outfits, who impersonated Madonna, who did a back walkover in 5” heels, who made a bald robowoman funny, and who somehow used her entire face to perform during the close-up lip sync when the others basically just moved their mouths.

Of the three, Gigi was my least favorite (because of the arrogance), and so I am not defending her as some mad fan on a tirade, but she demonstrated a great deal of performative talent consistently throughout the season and to suggest it’s all because her mom can sew is baffling to me.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2020 1:08 PM

All three of the finalists were okay - but I was not a Jaida fan because of her awful behavior during the first choreography challenge.

Ho are the Widow & Brita Redemption Tours going? It's a long way back for those delusional has beens. Hopefully we've seen the last of them.

by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2020 2:00 PM

R126 Can you remind me what Widow did that was so bad on the show? Aside from just... not doing well? I never found her as obnoxious as Brita.

by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2020 3:17 PM

Widow redeemed herself at the reunion. With the wrap and the reading glasses.

by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2020 4:37 PM

Her makeup was so horrible - especially for the Frozen challenge......and she always acted above everyone else when she was having a terrible time in the challenges....

And her runways were pretty bad, too.

But that's just what I saw.

by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2020 4:50 PM

I definitely think Gigi won the finale, but Jaida deservedly won the season and the crown.

by Anonymousreply 130June 3, 2020 4:59 PM

[Quote] So why is Gigi somehow “guilty” or otherwise compromised or less legitimate because she outsources to her mother?

Because the majority of the queens work for the money to pay for the costumes. Gigi most likely has not. Her Mom does it all. There's a big difference. It's a privilege and advantage others don't have.

by Anonymousreply 131June 3, 2020 5:17 PM

R131 I don’t know that that is true. Some have said that they have friends who are costume designers and have made costumes for them as favors.

They never come into the show on equal footing. Courtney Act had all those ridiculously over-the-top outfits, including huge mechanical wings, and won competitions because of it. Meanwhile, Chi Chi was torn apart for her outfits, said she didn’t have any money, and Michelle always barked at her “THAT’S NOT AN EXCUSE! A LACK OF MONEY IS NO EXCUSE!” Yet she had to compete against wealthier people.

Some of the contestants appear to be borderline homeless and some others have been obviously pretty well to do. It’s reflected in their outfits. I have never heard it called unfair until Gigi came along. What if Gigi simply spent her parents’ money on outfits instead of her mother making them? Or what if her best friend made them? Would that be more honorable?

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2020 10:08 PM

According to Wikipedia, “Jaida is known for her design eye and makes many of her own outfits; her boyfriend makes her jewelry.“

I don’t think we should penalize her for her husband making jewelry...

by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2020 11:59 PM

Ugh, I can finally comment on this damn thread.

Heidi, for me, has been the only one to show Charisma: "You can see her civil rights hair", Uniqueness: "Shsssoft and Shsssupple", Nerve: "What is it that you hate so much about my face?", Talent: "Condragulations you are the winner of this week's challenge".

The finale close-up lip sync Gigi won. Crystal over the top makeup prevented any expressions coming through, but Jaida looked absolutely phenomenal.

Crystal's bird music video was interesting, but then she didn't do anything else so it became one note. Jaida didn't have any production and that's why I like it. We still don't know what Crystal or Gigi will bring to a live performance but Jaida answered that.

The final lip sync is what decided the winner. Crystal, I feel, gave up. This would have been a time to pull out ever quirk and gimmick but she just stood there waving her arms around. She dresses as a pinata and farts candy but brings none of that energy to the finale. And the outfit made no sense with the song. Speaking of which, Gigi went as Dorothy. I guess you could frame Wizard Of Oz as a tale of survival but it seemed like an off choice. And the reveal was lackluster. She went from black-and-white to slightly more color. Dorothy's dress may be iconic but it's extraordinary simple, I don't see how it would excite anyone to see it, especially since she did the black and white thing with her music video. She also settled on expressing the song with only her face allowing Jaida to out dance her. Jaida gave a damn good lip sync. Yes the reveal was "I'm wearing a jacket, and now I'm not" but she sold the song and it's lyrics. She two-stepped, three-stepped, and quadruple stepped all over that carpet.

I'm so glad she got her moment with the car parade.

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2020 12:06 AM

R132 I get the impression (and maybe I'm wrong) that it's not just the fact that Gigi's mother makes her costumes, but it seems to me that Gigi's mother also probably influences WHAT Gigi's drag is about. Take this video, where Gigi says she doesn't pay attention to pop culture. Compare it against her actual costumes: Daphne from Scooby Doo, A-Ha, Troop Beverly Hills, Dorothy, etc. very pop culture based. She just screams artificial to me! I think it's one thing to work with a designer or come to them with an idea about what you'd like, because I bet of the queens put thought into their outfits. Even if they don't make them from scratch themselves. With Gigi, I legitimately get the impression that her mother is also the brains behind the operation.

Also, you're going to say you're not into pop culture yet have a Grace Jones LP, a picture of Joan Rivers, and "collectible" Barbies on your wall? Well, okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 4, 2020 4:50 AM

R122 - I'm pleased Jaida and Heidi are doing a tour, hopefully all the queens can make some money now.

by Anonymousreply 136June 4, 2020 10:57 AM

Gigi is quarantined in the "House of Avalon" in LA. She mentioned this on the show. That's the homeowner's decor, not Gigi's decor.

Who cares if Gigi's mother is the "brains" behind Gigi's costumes? If Gigi can't sell herself as an entertaining performer, she gets zero bookings. No one buys a ticket to drag show in a dive bar to look at a costume on stage.

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2020 12:44 PM

Heidi is doing an old Carol Channing bit - I would assume she knows it.....but it is hilarious when she does it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2020 4:39 PM

WHAT R135 SAID!

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2020 6:54 PM

I don't believe for one minute Gigi knows who Scooby Doo, A-Ha and Troop Beverly Hills are without her Mom. No way. Young people don't give a fuck about things like that. That's old people shit and rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 140June 4, 2020 6:58 PM

A-Ha was a very odd choice for her lip sync video

by Anonymousreply 141June 4, 2020 7:02 PM

Crystal floundered in the finale for me, IMO. In fact, her lip syncs were borderline unwatchable because they were so boring. And I still like her, LOVE the outfits, but I left the season still not knowing WHAT exactly I'd be getting by paying to see Crystal perform.

I got emotional when Ru announced Jaida was the winner. I honestly thought it was gonna be Crystal or Gigi. Jaida is Ru's rudemption for Tyra Sanchez, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 142June 4, 2020 7:17 PM

Jaida and Tyra are nothing alike

by Anonymousreply 143June 5, 2020 1:10 PM

I think it doesn't matter who won.....this will be known as the Season of Heidi N. Closet.

by Anonymousreply 144June 5, 2020 2:21 PM

GiGi did the best, by far, in the finale, but whatevs. Jaida had a good track record too. Too bad Crystal reverted to being tooo-out there. The show tempered the weirdness, but it went wild again out in the real world. I like her style, but, it was better when curbed. I find GiGi and Crystal's drag more exciting than what Jaida does, but she is undeniably talented at what she does.

[quote]I don't believe for one minute Gigi knows who Scooby Doo, A-Ha and Troop Beverly Hills

Are you serious? There's been like a dozen reboots of Scooby Doo recently, including two movie franchises (and the spinoff Velma/Daphne movie) and a cartoon that's currently a big hit. Troop Beverly Hills is a camp classic and I'd be suspect of a drag queen who didn't know about it. And a-ha's "Take on Me" video recently hit 1 BILLION views on youtube. It's the most watched youtube video that isn't from the last two decades. Zoomers and millennials grew up watching all this crap, especially because, yes, it's what their parents watched as kids and we are all shaped by our parents' likes/dislikes to some degree. I still have a special place in my heart for Anne Murray because of my aunt.

by Anonymousreply 145June 5, 2020 2:22 PM

[Quote] Are you serious? There's been like a dozen reboots of Scooby Doo recently, including two movie franchises (and the spinoff Velma/Daphne movie) and a cartoon that's currently a big hit. Troop Beverly Hills is a camp classic and I'd be suspect of a drag queen who didn't know about it. And a-ha's "Take on Me" video recently hit 1 BILLION views on youtube. It's the most watched youtube video that isn't from the last two decades

SURE....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 5, 2020 2:29 PM

The Aha song was terrible. Gigi was great in the close up lip synch but she lost the competition fair and square after that. Plus she cheated behind the scenes in the finale prep and gave quite unwise interview responses to RuPaul. She has a lot of talent and humor, but there's something a little off with that one. Like Aquaria she came in expecting to win. Aquaria has a lot more goofy charm and originality than Gigi Goode. Gigi needed to fake a bit more vulnerability and humility. Crystal ended up in third place, exactly where she belonged. Did you see that weirdo's bedroom? He's not a drag queen. He's a creative clown though.

Jaida Essence Hall is perfection. Truly. There has never been a better all round contestant to wear the crown of Drag Race Superstar. She's the one that Ru set out to find back in the beginning. The alumni queens are in awe of her flawless lewks and beauty and the fans love her bright personality and big heart. She's perfection.

by Anonymousreply 147June 5, 2020 3:02 PM

R147 just don't ask Jaida to do another one-woman show

by Anonymousreply 148June 5, 2020 4:45 PM

Hi Jaida!

by Anonymousreply 149June 5, 2020 4:51 PM

Somebody in another thread hit the nail on the head in describing Gigi as a lab experiment that was cooked up to win Drag Race. Her whole everything reminds me of figure skaters and gymnasts who nail their jumps and stick their landings every time but don't have any artistry or personality.

by Anonymousreply 150June 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Gigi’s fine. She’s a solid A, just missing the +.

At least in my opinion, many of the finalists would have been exceptional among competitors in most past seasons. The cast this time was stellar by comparison to every other.

by Anonymousreply 151June 5, 2020 6:18 PM

It doesn’t matter how polished and technically proficient you are. To be a star, you need that undefinable “it” factor and star quality. She reminded me of Aquaria in season ten. Yes, she checked all the boxes and won the season on a technicality, but Eureka has the showmanship.

That’s why Eureka is starring on a critically acclaimed series on HBO and Aquaria is sitting home lecturing people on Twitter and apologizing for being white.

by Anonymousreply 152June 5, 2020 7:08 PM

well if it's "it" factor, then it is the season of heidi.

by Anonymousreply 153June 5, 2020 10:29 PM

Gigi should be thanking her lucky stars she didn’t win. The Reddit frauen would have EVISCERATED her, Ru, and everyone given the political drama going on right now. They’d already been screeching at Gigi for writing a tweet that said she’s so excited that “I can’t breathe” lol

So now people can chill and go back to how AMAZING she is because she didn’t win, she can now lock it in for an All Stars season, and get another crack at it. That’s more important than anything since these bitches made $0 on the bar circuit thanks to Coronavirus.

And yes, overall Gigi did the best this season. But winning would have been terrible for her. Jaida is a perfectly good winner and stunning, just not nearly as clever.

by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2020 12:27 PM

Also everything Crystal did in that finale was TRASH. The judges having to play nice and say ANYTHING positive about that stupid bird song was hilarious. Not one bit of that finale from her was drag. Bye, next.

by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2020 12:28 PM

The tea about Gigi attempting to cheat put me off her for sure. Allegedly, after production told them all to film at home, Gigi took it upon herself to book a studio in LÀ (during quarantine) and have pro camera and lighting. WoW/vh1 told her to refilm it and she initially refused, until they threatened legal action. She’s all production value but little to no heart. Her music video was a testament to that, as well as all the costume-y looks she’s done. There is such a thing as being too referential. It leaves less room for originality. And that whole thing about not being political— drag IS political, darling. She’s young though so hopefully will do some maturing before she comes back for all stars. I can definitely see her getting a villain edit though, a la Milk.

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2020 12:52 PM

R154 Are you kidding? The frauen would have LOVED it if Gigi won. It's the ~queer/non-binary "fans" who would have lost their damn minds.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2020 2:27 PM

FAKE NEWS

Fandom was overtly anti-Gigi and pro-Jaida at the end making everything Gigi did some scandal (“So excited. I can’t breathe!!”). She had to bow before them and apologize for her laissez-faire attitude to race issues.

Now they can all be like Brita with Aiden and say how much they LOVED Gigi and she’ll be so great one day. Is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2020 2:49 PM

Wow, lots of deranged projection onto Gigi. She's soulless, she's evil, etc., etc. Yikes guys, she's just a contestant on a reality show. Save your hate for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2020 3:26 PM

Im almost a decade older than Gigi and born after Take on Me and Scooby Doo but know them well. Scooby Doo has had one new incarnation or another running on TV consistently for the last 30 years (not to mention reruns of the old show)

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2020 3:32 PM

Your post would only make sense if you were younger than Gigi, R160. Of course, being older than Gigi, you'd have more likely run into Scooby and A-ha.

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2020 3:52 PM

R161 you’re right, adding that confused the point. But I guess I’m saying there are things that have permeated culture and recur constantly that every generation knows about them. I’m millennial, Gigi is my sisters age and is Gen-Z. Troop Beverly Hills I’ve never heard of, you might have a point on that one

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2020 3:56 PM

R158 Fake news? Are you honestly deranged enough to think the majority of the fans on the RPDR subreddit are FRAUS? They're mostly queer/non-binary women or 14 year old girls with a smattering of the odd gay guy here and there.

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2020 3:57 PM

R156, who the fuck cares? We don’t need the input of a pampered 21 year old crossdresser on delicate race relations in America. And you’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t with the woke crowd. If I was in her position, I’d keep my mouth shut too.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2020 8:52 PM

Is this rumor about GiGi filming first at a studio true, or is this something birthed from a non fan on Reddit and passed around until it has beome "fact"? I need to see a lot more evidence. Even if she really did that, but ended up having to refilm it, who the fuck cares? Drag used to be pretty cut throat. Now it's becoming a pearl clutching wokefest. Tedious as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 165June 9, 2020 3:25 AM

Straight people ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 166June 9, 2020 7:17 AM

Trinity Taylor has been posting photo tributes to a lot of Drag Race queens on her Instagram for months now This one for Jaida is very sweet and moving. The text is very thoughtful and kind. Of course Jaida deserved the win. Sometimes the winner is undeniable to all but the blind. Still, a pageant queen has to work EXTRA hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 9, 2020 9:40 PM

Jaida was great. She won the final LSFYL. Gigi's Dorothy was ok, but I would have paid money to see Jaida in person. That's my test for a LSFYL.

by Anonymousreply 168June 9, 2020 9:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!