Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I installed my 3 window-unit air conditioners today

it snowed last week.

I tried to hold off but my old dog was looking uncomfortable.

What are you up to?

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2020 5:16 AM

I put my bedroom unit in the window on 4/15. It got warm here early this year.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 6:53 PM

Killing stray dogs by running over them in my Land Rover OP

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 6:55 PM

I usually wait until the day I get home from work exhausted and it feels like 100 degrees in the house. I am bitchy and miserable the entire time but, I am home this year!

r2, I hope you wore a mask and social distanced while you did that

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 6:56 PM

Window installed AC's still exist?

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 6:57 PM

For every central system there are 25 window units.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote]For every central system there are 25 window units.

In my neck of the woods, neither of them is popular. We mostly use wall mounted ACs here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 7:05 PM

i thought window AC was only for The Poors

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 7:57 PM

^^ tell that to New Yorkers

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 8:01 PM

I have no idea what a "3 window" unit is. Please explain. I know what a window air conditioner looks like, I just never heard of one that covers 3 windows...

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 8:06 PM

OH WAIT! I just realized you meant THREE individual window air conditioners!

I'm just going to jump into a grease fire and end it all.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 8:07 PM

I almost never turn my air conditioner on until June. Besides, the weather here has been cool and cloudy for ages. Warmer on the weekend which will almost be a relief, but not too hot I hope. Not ready for it yet.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 8:09 PM

and today I am pulling out the electric space heaters...

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2020 5:32 PM

this afternoon I continued playing with my new toy (a 14’ tree saw with bypass lopper). next is sanding and shellacking some wooden bird feeders I’ve been meaning to fill. haven’t turned the A/C on yet here, the overnight lows are pretty cool and I’m fine with a fan in the window.

going back to work, in-person, tomorrow, and having slight anxiety over that... but it’s been 3 months and I need to go check on stuff.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2020 5:52 PM

just be aware of and accepting of your anxiety r13. it's ok and normal and you may not realize that is what you are experiencing even a few days later. source, I go to the office once a week.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2020 6:22 PM

I repainted the ceiling in my bathroom. Next week I hope to get around to the walls.

Tomorrow I'm talking to my doctor about the massive anxiety I have about returning to work. (I don't know *when* that will be, but my university is planning on us all returning, against all good judgement. I'd like to think that I could still partially work from home, but I know that my dept. head is a dick.)

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2020 6:35 PM

ask about hydroxyzine hcl r15. it's like xanax without the addiction issues. you would want to start at home a few times and probably take half of the dosage at a time.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2020 6:39 PM

This thread about air conditioners has taken a serious wrong turn!

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2020 6:57 PM

no, i asked what 'you' were up to. so, no wrong turns possible :)

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2020 7:00 PM

We can't have the windows open too wide here in hot London in case the pussy cat jumps out. Living on a first floor.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2020 7:12 PM

you don't do screens there right?

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2020 7:14 PM

rescue chic is correct. in nc...humid as hell last week. ac needed and coldish today.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2020 7:27 PM

I’m trying to pretend none of this shit is happening but not doing a good job of it. Wow, what a terrible year so far. I’m so scared of what the rest will be like, between the civil unrest, virus and elections. Even one of those would be a lot to handle.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2020 7:31 PM

Sewed some today, then cleaned the kitchen.

Trying to get used to a floater in my eye that appeared when I was out walking this morning.

Will be Zoom-ing with some of my stitching buddies later on this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2020 7:33 PM

R20 Several years ago, there was a lengthy and strangely entertaining DL thread about US vs European window screen use / not. Thanks to our crappy search function, I can't find it.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2020 8:15 PM

Google to the rescue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2020 8:18 PM

I remember that thread that's actually where I learned about it. dl to the rescue again!

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2020 8:33 PM

r23 I hope you and your buddies call it a Stitch-n-Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2020 8:49 PM

What am I up to? I am riding shotgun with r2. With a shotgun to help him in his life's work.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2020 8:52 PM

I installed central a/c when I bought my old house. Ahhhhh!

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2020 9:20 PM

Did laundry (and hung it out, don't hate me), washed the car, took a nap, lifted some weights so my boobs stop sagging. Poured a cocktail, and here I am, gurls!

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2020 9:27 PM

r27 We may not have called it that, but we sure were a-stitchin' and a-bitchin'. It was nice to get caught up with the gang, haven't seen many of them since February. We had a show & tell, talked a lot of politics, nicely, swapped a few recipes and admitted what we were going to gorge ourselves on once the session was over.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2020 10:16 PM

Nope, no screen here in the UK! I'd love something that keeps the bugs out.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2020 10:40 PM

I am not even joking, I would buy screening or gauze and staple it to the window frames.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2020 10:42 PM

I put my A/Cs in a. I think abo, in case I got COVED and became too weak to do it later, it’s afraid I’d have a fever, it would be 90°f, and I’d have no A/C.

I did clean my tub today. I let my cleaning gal go in February. I haven’t cleaned the tub in months. I’m glad it’s done.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2020 5:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!