Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think some people take this place too seriously?

I mean, really, it just seems like there are people who come on here that are not here for fun but for competition, blood, vengeance. Is that you? Are you a SJW? Do you need to defend any type of "felt" social infraction on the Datalounge? Please share why.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2020 5:58 PM

Did someone hurt your feelings, OP? You can tell us, this is a safe space for pussies like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 1:26 AM

R1 uhhh no hon. i just see too many other pussies around here like you. Crying about how you got your feelings hurt cause somebody said something you didn't like such as "Obama sucks"

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 1:32 AM

I mostly scroll. There used to be dozens of interesting threads you couldn't keep up with, but these days its maybe 1-in-20.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 1:33 AM

The Hitler troll is out of control.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 1:35 AM

People that get all twisted over spelling errors and repeat threads—acting like someone committed a major crime. If you care that much, you might look into treatment for OCD—or social retardation.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 1:37 AM

the TikTok Troll seems to use this place as a sounding board for all his personal grievances.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 1:39 AM

OP I've noticed a lot more unpleasant posters lately and not in a fun bitchy way. Seems to be a lot of underlying hostility over fairly innocuous posts.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 1:40 AM

You have to understand that some shut-ins see their computer as an extension of their living space. And if you invade their computer, you invade their living room with your caca ideas.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 1:40 AM

[quote] The Hitler troll is out of control.

Who is the Hitler troll?

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 1:41 AM

Just relax and let CrookedDonald and the Republicans say and do whatever they want.

It's just the destruction of American power and the greatest democracy the world has ever known. We don't need law and order, Republicans know what crimes they're committing.

Did I mention I'm a life-long Democrat and I hate that fake Trumptard?

We get it, Natasha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 1:43 AM

I love how the OP loses his shit after his first post, but he "wonders" if anyone takes this place too seriously, and if they do, they must be SJWs.

Ah, the days of yesteryear, when phrases like "Check yourself before your wreck yourself" actually meant something.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 2:01 AM

I come here for the laughs. And the DEAD TO ME announcements.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 2:04 AM

I think some do. I don’t.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 2:09 AM

R10 = What OP is referring to. Unless the post is in jest, then HAHA Good one!

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2020 2:49 AM

Who is this person? I dont read TikTok threads so maybe that's why I'm unfamiliar with him.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote] The Hitler troll is out of control.

You know it really hurts my feelings that my name is the laughingstock of this board. Can't you pick on someone else for a change?

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2020 3:08 AM

Most posters here, minus the bots, are here just having fun. Most answers and replies here should be taken in jest.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2020 3:10 AM

I came here for the fun but I stayed for the tears.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2020 3:13 AM

I hate the Gestapo posters, they must approve every single topic on the board, telling others to ff or block posters. They demand muriel to close threads and ban posters, they blame everyone who disagree with them of being trolls, bots, Russians, shills, PRs, etc. They totally ruin threads when they start personal attacks against the suspected troll. They believe about a conspiracy of an army of people who dedicates their entire lives to try to convince and manipulate others in an anonymous board. They are Fucking ridiculous, repetitives and boring, they ruin the fun for everyone

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2020 3:47 AM

Meh. I've been at the DL for over 20 years. I'm not here every day, I'm here when I feel like it. Yes, there are some people who take it too seriously.

Some on the Right, some on the Left, some from outer space. Because the DL will allow anyone to say anything, it has always attracted a certain percentage of crazies.

And we all vent sometimes, it's human nature.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2020 3:55 AM

Klan Granny Trumpbot thread.

Block and ignore.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2020 3:58 AM

The use of SJW instantly outs deplorables! Poor Hillary was crucified when she simply spoke the truth by coining the term deplorables. 😰

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2020 4:03 AM

I hardly ever see any SJW types around here but I do often see a lot of anti-SJW/anti-"woke" (whatever it's called) types always whining about SJWs.

They've become as much of an annoyance as the SJWs they complain about.

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2020 4:03 AM

DL magnifies everything in the real world. So think about what's going on... I don't think it takes itself too seriously but it is definitely as dark as I've ever seen it... I date back to the I am Not Myself These Days era. A lot of unhappiness, a lot of damaged people. DL is pretty scary right now.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 4:03 AM

My Anger Management Counselor (court ordered) tells me to send my love, OP.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2020 4:05 AM

The OP is a typical deplorable who would complain about anyone who is offended by bigotry but has nothing critical to say about the bigots. He'd defend their right to express their racism but gets angry at people expressing their disgust with racism.

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2020 4:08 AM

R26 Perhaps your taking OP too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2020 4:12 AM

There are one or two elements of the Datalounge who are such cunts that they should be permanently banned but they are not.

They are the source of the darkness.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2020 4:12 AM

[quote]I've noticed a lot more unpleasant posters lately and not in a fun bitchy way. Seems to be a lot of underlying hostility over fairly innocuous posts.

R7 Posters aren't as clever as they used to be. There was definitely some snarky fun. Now it seems to be divided into nasty responses or political bullshit or pics of nasty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2020 4:30 AM

Yea, I know we've had threads bemoaning the loss of the old authenticated posters like Blue Agave R29. Those were really interesting, witty, kind elders. I miss the DL of the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2020 4:34 AM

This place hurts my feelings. Apparently my thoughts and feelings of Nancy Pelosi fat shaming the president weren’t well received. As a queer woman of color, I am entitled to my opinions and I’m entitled to shove them down your throat. Last I heard the gays love things shoved down their throats.

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2020 4:35 AM

The Tumblr fraus brought all their shit here. The snarky turned to nasty. The racism went through the roof and they started to try and officiate on who could post. They then also honed in on specific posters and brought all the drama. I have seen some fucked up racist comments that they try to pass as humour. It's not funny or entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2020 4:40 AM

The question is why so many fraus are interested in this place.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2020 4:42 AM

Does Nancy Pelosi fat shame Stacey Abrams ?

by Anonymousreply 34May 22, 2020 4:43 AM

Here you go, R15:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2020 4:44 AM

R33 The blogs. This place and LSA have a massive view count. You can see them mention on their blogs about posting on both sites to get a bigger audience. I won't mention what they post. Can't be assed getting frau stalked today.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2020 4:50 AM

R35 Yes, you are a prime example. Your link is shaded, what is 'here you go, R15' -- why would anyone want to pursue this?

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2020 5:46 AM

Because I asked a question R37. He was answering my question. Sheesh.

Perhaps you are a prime example of DL's decline.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2020 5:51 AM

R19 nailed it. This board used to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2020 5:53 AM

The gossip and political threads are full of shills. Otherwise not really.

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2020 5:57 AM

It's still fun, just not all the time like the olden days.

C'est la guerre, duckies.

by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2020 5:59 AM

There's not really good gossip anymore either.

by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2020 6:01 AM

On every discussion board I visit, there are a few bullies. The anonymity lets these trolls unleash the sadism that they have to hide in their everyday lives. Maybe online, they overcompensate for how they feel in real life.

by Anonymousreply 43May 22, 2020 6:01 AM

I've been on DL for about 6 yrs. I was never a 'blocker'. I was mostly amused at people getting triggered over opposing ideas or perhaps a comment I had made (I'm a political independent and give both sides kudos and both sides disapprovals). However, recently I've lost patience with the out of control vitriol and the attacking ( rather than discussing) of a very outspoken few. So I have blocked them when reasoning fails. Its sad.

by Anonymousreply 44May 22, 2020 6:34 AM

I never blocked people for years and years. Then I, too, became fed up and started blocking people willy nilly. Now I have constant gaps in the threads but fewer assholes. I'm still blocking like mad. Just get out of my face with that shit, I am not here for it.

by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2020 7:20 AM

Same here R45 and I've blocked a shit ton just within the last year. Before it was the well known trolls like DR, Matt and Instagram ho posts but lately it's just random aggressive assholes, racists and shit-stirrers.

by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2020 7:28 AM

I find some of the identifiable posters are the most obnoxious. Sylvia Fowler is an unrepentant asshole, for example. I mean, you can admire the fearlessness of behaving like that day after day after day, but the underlying pathology is astounding. Perfect example, as cited upthread, of "Maybe online, they overcompensate for how they feel in real life."

Like so many others, I block far more than I used to. The site is kind of out of control on a low burn but on a lot of different fronts, so cumulatively it's never been so unpleasant with so much to wade through. I stopped paying, even the minimal amount they charge.

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2020 11:39 AM

[quote] Sylvia Fowler is an unrepentant asshole, for example.

Who humblebrags about tofu, FFS. TOFU!!!

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2020 11:45 AM

The beauty of this thread is, it allowed me to make my block list from it. Thanks guys.

by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2020 11:53 AM

I think adding the block feature was the beginning of the end of the DL.

It has allowed the timid to filter the site into the weak tea they require.

Before, if you couldn't stand the shit being thrown you had no choice but to be humiliated or quiet. Loved that about the place. The assertive and witty ruled and the timid hid.

Now, the timid rule. The assertive are ineffectively shamed and the witty left. This has NOT added to the quality of posts, but they sure are homogenized.

by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2020 11:54 AM

[quote]Who humblebrags about tofu, FFS. TOFU!!!

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2020 1:48 PM

Bullshit, R50. Assertive isn't cruel. People are manifesting their mental illness on here.

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2020 1:49 PM

Blocking posters has nothing to do with being "timid." I just don't want to look at pics of Cheetolini. Or those ass threads.

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2020 1:52 PM

Agree. Blocking posters has nothing to do with being timid. It has everything to do with avoiding the wasting of time with off-topic posts. It's annoying when two people get into a fight on a thread; they're both so desperate to "get the last word", they keep interrupting an otherwise good discussion about a topic. And I don't want to read posts by trolls who get off on insulting people and correcting grammar. There are enough bullies in the real world; I go online to briefly escape the real word. It's ironic.

by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote]And I don't want to read posts by trolls who get off on insulting people and correcting grammar. There are enough bullies in the real world; [bold]I go online to briefly escape the real word[/bold]. It's ironic.

"The real word"? Now that's ironic (unless, of course, it isn't).

by Anonymousreply 55May 22, 2020 2:08 PM

There's a series of threads on here where one lady who is either a nasty troll or actually mentally ill has shown up every so often to be really disruptive and awful. She had been screaming at a guy who was terminally ill for being "too melodramatic" and "stupid and disappointing" and "fucking up big time." Several of us asked her to stop derailing the threads, but she would come back after a little while and try a new troll tactic. I said one thing about it and put her on ignore and never said anything again.

This morning I discover she's concocted some story about how I alone singled her out to ruin her life, and a second person made up a story about how I personally had ruined threads by repeatedly engaging with her. I hadn't, and when I briefly said so, I got yelled at. Did the crazy lady? No, not really.

I mean, her trolling crosses a line, even here on Datalounge. Maybe some things aren't being taken seriously enough. Maybe it's time people admitted that we have a lot of mentally ill people around here and humoring them isn't helping anything.

by Anonymousreply 56May 22, 2020 2:19 PM

It’s all women’s fault. Men can do no wrong! We’re always right!

by Anonymousreply 57May 22, 2020 2:20 PM

The way hijack threads to try to win personal arguments on an anonymous forum is always a wonder to behold. We need an award for absurdity.

by Anonymousreply 58May 22, 2020 2:33 PM

^The way DLers

by Anonymousreply 59May 22, 2020 2:34 PM

What’s really funny about this thread is if you put the serious posters on ignore in it you see they talk to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 60May 22, 2020 2:38 PM

Curious R32, why do you think it was Tumblr ladies? I've been on Tumblr for years and really don't see a lot of the racism you're talking about over there -- not that I'm saying you're wrong, I'm just curious.

by Anonymousreply 61May 22, 2020 2:40 PM

Is tumblr a posting/chat site as well?

by Anonymousreply 62May 22, 2020 2:42 PM

R56, I was the "second person" you mentioned above. I'm sorry that I accused you of carrying on with the melodramatic troll. I assumed it was you because after you called her out (rightfully so), she attacked you, and then she was subsequently criticized. You were right to ignore her. (You didn't miss out on anything.) And obviously a lot of people agreed with you because they took up the fight after you bowed out.

by Anonymousreply 63May 22, 2020 4:19 PM

My recent attempts at starting silly, whimsical threads - something I’ve been doing off and on since the late 90s - have all been met with derision or outright hostility. Can’t be bothered anymore.

by Anonymousreply 64May 22, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote]My recent attempts at starting silly, whimsical threads - something I’ve been doing off and on since the late 90s

What were your Top 5?

by Anonymousreply 65May 22, 2020 4:59 PM

R56 that woman is Poo Shoes

by Anonymousreply 66May 22, 2020 5:24 PM

Socially isolated, it's a place to catch up, relax, amuse oneself.

Every so often there's interesting info one learns about, like a recent gay history thread. Some that always amuse me, like Larry King.

It is easy enough to avoid the predictable screaming about Israel or circumcision. Or threads that don't interest you, like GG. Political threads are for venting and not perceptive.

But usually even the good threads devolve into some people trying to impress others by trying to be bitchy and witty but are just crass.

That's when one leaves them. And that's what you're referring to OP i think.

by Anonymousreply 67May 22, 2020 5:37 PM

I have noticed that the only people who use the phrase “SJW” are always, without exception, complete and total losers.

by Anonymousreply 68May 22, 2020 5:47 PM

The ones who annoy me are the ones who post about how obviously the EST is lying. Gee, you think? We get that honey. It’s fun to play along.

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2020 5:53 PM

OP asked, "Do you need to defend any type of "felt" social infraction on the Datalounge?"

Why, no, I don't feel the need to defend felt social infractions, OP.

For example, I would ruthlessly mock any fool who tried to feed me this. Felt chips. How rude!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2020 6:02 PM

I mean really, a felt pasta dinner. Is the host trying to kill me? All bodily fluids would be soaked up by one's stomach and the guests would explode and die!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2020 6:04 PM

OP is basement dwelling garbage.

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2020 6:05 PM

R64 that’s so true. Sometimes you just start a thread for fun and you get someone like R72.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2020 6:06 PM

I waste hours, sometimes days attempting to summon the Ann Miller troll. A beacon in a dark, dark world.

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2020 6:26 PM

R15 must be one of those transplants.

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2020 6:27 PM

Serious is as serious does.

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2020 7:21 PM

Kay sera sera, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2020 8:10 PM

R56 what thread is that? I must have missed that shit.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2020 8:59 PM

In my experience the people who bitch about the block feature are trolls themselves otherwise no one cares if someone blocks them.

by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2020 9:05 PM

I could care less if someone blocks me, I just might be a little mad I didnt block them first.

by Anonymousreply 80May 22, 2020 9:09 PM

[quote] I have noticed that the only people who use the phrase “SJW” are always, without exception, complete and total losers.

You mean the people who object to it being appropriately used as a pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2020 9:25 PM

R80 If you could care less why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2020 11:20 PM

R82 Ok....I'm doing it now!

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2020 11:24 PM

Uh oh, did I trigger someone at R80 who I have blocked anyway? Kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 11:28 PM

Yeah, I can smell it r83.

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2020 11:29 PM

R85 Excellent ! R84 Thanks for blocking me! I hope that's not construed with carrying.

by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2020 11:34 PM

I just want to know why gifs and links to Instagram vids dont work after this long

by Anonymousreply 87May 23, 2020 12:29 AM

I agree R26 My parents were homophobic fundamentalist Christians.

The only nice thing I can say about them is they both despised racists/racism.

My father once told me the only thing worse than a racist is a pedophile.

As for the people that say “If you block people you might miss a good/funny post“, I am fine with that.

No amount of humor makes up for racism. I am a paying member and I’m sure as hell not gonna pay to read racist shit by racist shits.

It doesn’t bother me if (from my perspective) DL consists of just me and 10 other posters.

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2020 8:03 AM

I feel like there aren't that many people who are funny 90% of the time and racist shits 10% of the time anymore. That used to describe a whole bunch of DLers, but lately when I put someone on ignore, if I happen to check out their posts in my ignored tab, I never feel like I'm missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2020 8:32 AM

So Mom and Dad said racists and pedophiles were the scum of the earth, huh, R88?

As opposed to homophobic fundamentalist Christians being, what, God's Chosen People?

Lawyers and Pharisees . . .

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2020 9:16 AM

R90 I did say the ONLY nice thing about them was they both despised racists/racism.

I didn’t buy into their religious beliefs at all.

However, I do believe the ONLY thing worse than a racist is a kiddie fucker.

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2020 11:54 AM

It's kinda weird putting a value on either.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2020 11:19 PM

They sure as FUCK take me waaaaay to seriously 😒

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2020 11:25 PM

And yeah my grammar sux bitch!

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2020 11:25 PM

If one of you girls bring up that darn blockin' feature again, I'm gonna hit ya with a POT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2020 11:52 PM

Definitely

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2020 5:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!