Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Klobuchar officially undergoing vetting for VP

NEW: Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) has been asked by former VP Joe Biden to undergo vetting for running mate consideration, @BoKnowsNews and @edokeefe report; CBS News can also confirm Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) was also asked but declined to move forward with the vet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2020 7:06 AM

Oh dear Lord, please don't let it be her, please don't let it be her ........

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2020 12:38 AM

Yes, we've already had a thread

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2020 12:41 AM

Mein Fuhrer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2020 12:42 AM

I wonder what word one could search for to see if there was an existing thread?

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2020 12:43 AM

She will be a millstone around Biden’s neck...next.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote] I wonder what word one could search for to see if there was an existing thread?

Certainly not Klobuchar. Far too common. It would be like searching for "an" or "the".

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2020 12:47 AM

I don’t I think I’ve ever seen a VP selection this competitive. Well we all know why. If Biden gets elected, the VP will President on January 21, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2020 12:49 AM

R7: Will be President in January 21, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2020 12:50 AM

As a Canadian, I found Klobuchar to be bitchy and vindictive, and certainly homophonic and shrill and ignorant toward Mayor Pete. She's almost like a female version of Donald Trump. Two thumbs down!!

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2020 1:37 AM

She's OK. She just shakes too much.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2020 3:31 AM

She will do.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2020 3:44 AM

Since VP Biden has indicated his running mate will be a woman, I have went through a list of prominent woman leaders that could be candidates. Remember, Biden is old there is a higher than average probability that the VP may need to become President. We need someone that can immediately serve as President. Remember, that is the primary role of this person as defined in the Constitution. So I have looked at a number of potential female VP candidates that have been mentioned: Warren-smart, hard working, knows DC, ran a fairly successful candidacy but was ultimately rejected by the populate because she is like having my grade school nun lecture me every day-she has the Hilary complex to defeat and she is 70 yo. Would turn off any chance of capturing white male votes.

Harris-smart, minority, new generation-younger. She failed miserably as a candidate, did not connect with the crowds. She has never faced tough competition as she is from a very blue state where Republicans are ineffective in most state and national offices. She has a lot of skeletons of previous decisions as state AG and SF City Attorney that would be campaign fodder along with some interesting personal history. Only been a Senator for 2 years and not well connected in DC as of yet. Not ready for prime time.

Whitmer - rising star but only 2 years as Gov and before that state representative otherwise no national governance experience. The Republicans have successfully framed her in a negative light with respect to the Covid response-all unfair. Would be a lightening rod for right wingers. Needs more experience for the role of VP.

Abrams-served the state legislature with distinction. Smart, hard working, ran a very successful gov campaign and lost because of voter suppression. However, her child like response to not conceding the election began to taint her image. She has NO major leadership role in government or business. Minority is a plus. She does not have the experience for this role. Her campaigning for the role has turned off many.

Cortez Masto-young, has run a successful tough senate race, AG for 8 years. Previous working relationships with the Biden family. Unknown outside of Nevada. Senator for only two years with little DC knowledge. Is a minority. Unknown of how she would perform in the heat of a national campaign. Rising star but probably too little experience at this time for the role.

Lujan-Gov of a small purple state. Did serve 8 years as a US Rep. Has handled the Covid crisis very well. No national presence. High ratings during the first two years as Gov. Well connected political family. Minority. Has effectively managed right wingers. Risk is unknown ability to campaign at a national level, unknown quantity. Has the skills, background and expertise but will likely not be considered.

Demings-rising star, former police officer, after being police chief, ran for mayor of Orlando and pulled out, won in a new - democratic house district in 2016. No opposition to campaign against in 2016. Has done an excellent job on the House Intel Committee. Well liked in the Dem inner circle. No national presence or experience of national campaigning.

Klobuchur- well known and experienced Senator from a blue/purple state. Well liked in her state and able to work across the aisle. Ran a tough race for President. Moderate which would appeal to much of the cross over voters. Well respected in DC and could easily fill role of President if needed. While her debate style is methodical, she handles pressure well and was effective with zingers against Trump. Not well liked by the left wing of the party. Not a minority. Some rumblings of treating her staff poorly. Probably next to Warren, the most qualified of all these candidates.

After looking at all of these individuals, Klobuchur is probably the best choice.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2020 3:47 PM

What about Nancy Pelosi?

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2020 3:52 PM

Klob is too conservative. Biden needs to lock up the bernie wing and I am guessing he will look elsewhere. Obama has already subtly endorsed Eliz Warren as VP so that is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote]Biden needs to lock up the bernie wing and I am guessing he will look elsewhere

The Bernie Wing doesn’t vote.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 12:16 AM

Good analysis R12. The only thing I would argue is that Demings DOES have somewhat of a national presence after her well-televised role as an impeachment manager against Trump last year.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 12:19 AM

Fucking salad comb.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2020 12:28 AM

What about Dianne Feinstein? Kirsten Gillibrand? Hillary Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2020 12:29 AM

This is not the way.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] What about Nancy Pelosi?

Christ, she’s older than Biden. You’re moving in the wrong direction, chief.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2020 12:38 AM

Disaster. She practically had a nervous breakdown during a debate because she thought she was better than Pete. She displayed much of the same craziness that Trump has. That’s all we need.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 12:55 AM

I'm really not impressed with her.

So far, I'd have to go with Kamala over Warren or her.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2020 1:01 AM

R13, you think of Klobuchur, that “she handles pressure well”? Watch that debate again. She was melting down, in hysterics. And I didn’t like her superiority complex. She treated Pete rudely, and I’ve seen enough of that with Trump. She’d also be easy for Putin to manipulate with flattery.

There were two things she spoke of as great accomplishments:

1. Declaring her candidacy in a snow storm. Seriously, she mentioned this many times. A real profile in courage.

2. Her questioning of SCOTUS Justice Kavanaugh. She asked him if he had a drinking problem, and he then asked her the same. Then she cowered. Her response was to beg for an answer from him to her question. How was this an accomplishment? She should have told him that he was there to answer questions, not ask them. Or that she answered to the voters, not to him. There were many things she could have said, but there was nothing in her behavior that evidenced. Courage or leadership or thoughtfulness.

I’m also tired of the orange one declaring great success over likewise inconsequential actions, and I’d hate to see this idiot doing more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2020 1:16 AM

[quote]She practically had a nervous breakdown during a debate because she thought she was better than Pete.

She is better than that rat-faced millennial mayor. He had no business running for President.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2020 1:28 AM

R24, that’s not the point. I’m not a Pete promoter, but I saw nothing that justified her rudeness. If he baited her, to make her look petulant, well, that’s part of the process, isn’t it? I’ll be happy if neither is VP. Let her run again for President in 4 years if she wants. But let her prove she can control her temper, because she showed evidence that she could not. And I’ve had it with all this drama over the P and VP’s emotions.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2020 1:40 AM

[quote] What about Dianne Feinstein? Kirsten Gillibrand? Hillary Clinton?

What about them?

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2020 2:52 AM

Please let it be Michelle Obama. 🤞

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2020 3:12 AM

On Netflix tonight I watched the documentary Becoming. I believe Michelle Obama would rather chew off her arm than run for office. She’s making a diffference but free from that circus.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2020 3:23 AM

Well, she is a staple genius.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2020 5:09 AM

These threads are being use for opposition research to find the easiest lines of attack against whomever becomes the VP pick. Don’t make the enemy’s job easier for them. Smarten up.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2020 5:13 AM

Klob is a bore.

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2020 5:43 AM

r31, yeah because having someone "exciting" like Trump is exactly how you want government to be run.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2020 5:47 AM

Michelle Obama wants nothing to do with that circus known as DC. Washington doesn't work and Michelle knows that. She's been first lady and had a front row seat to 8 years of bullshit. I wouldn't want to run for office either. Nothing gets done in Washington anyway.

I'm glad she's raking in hundreds of millions of dollars with these book advances, book sales and Netflix documentaries. She and Barack deserve it after 8 years of bullshit. If my life was like that I'd stay right where I'm at.

Fuck running for president.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2020 5:57 AM

I like Amy. Better than that whiny screeching Pocahontas.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2020 5:57 AM

Ohh.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2020 5:59 AM

We ARE F#&$@%!!

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2020 6:00 AM

So why was my post taken down (R12). It was a thoughtful, in depth analysis without any demeaning comments. There are comments that followed that complimented my response. If this is the "free press" defined by DL, then we are screwed.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2020 6:57 AM

So I will try again. My post (R12) has been removed. It was a thoughful and insightful analysis of several individuals for VP. It was not demeaning or rude. In fact, I have been notified that others like the analysis. Is this the free press from DL? If so, we are all screwed.

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2020 7:00 AM

R38 Don't worry, sometimes replies cancel each other out. It's happened to me lots of times, although entire threads do get deleted if they devolve into primitive lizard brain responses. Speech is basically free here actually, probably more so than most message boards.

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2020 7:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!