Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Klobuchar as VP?

Might be

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 8, 2020 3:24 AM

Klitbuchar: I'll throw a stapler at Covid-19!

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 7:51 PM

If she throws a stapler at Pence during the debates, that would be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 7:53 PM

Vetting doesn't mean she's the choice

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote] Vetting doesn't mean she's the choice

true enough.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 7:56 PM

is he really wearing that mask or is it photoshopped?

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 8:01 PM

Of course, it was alwayd going to be her.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 8:06 PM

What r3 said. They are going to vet all their possible candidates, it's not surprising she is one of many options.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 8:08 PM

She was horrible in the debates. The shaking was distracting and you could tell she was petrified up there. You could also tell she has a temper problem. There were moments where she was SEETHING at Pete and you could tell she wanted to flip out.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 8:09 PM

r8, everyone who was actually qualified to be on that stage was seething at Pete, especially the ones who were ousted because they weren't white men.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 8:11 PM

R9 Amy had a personal hatred for Pete. She openly talked about her resentment towards him and how much she disliked him in the senate. It wasn’t a secret.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 8:17 PM

r10, he wasn't in the Senate. If he'd been in the Senate, he might have been qualified to run.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 8:19 PM

Safe choice.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 8:19 PM

Cartoon President captures how crazy and rage filled Amy is, especially when that anger is directed at Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 8:22 PM

She's from the Midwest, people know her name, she's technically a minority, and she's not as hated as other Midwestern Dems.

Biden-Klobuchar 2020

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 8:23 PM

A great way to suppress swing voter enthusiasm. A seethingly angry and homophobic child of an alcoholic, with impulse control issues and poor interpersonal skills.

Trump and Pence will win if she's Joe's #2.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 8:25 PM

Black people will revolt if he chooses a white woman

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 8:26 PM

If it's true that she hates Pete, why is that?

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 8:27 PM

he never said he'd pick a black woman for VP, but he did say he'd put a black woman on the court

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 8:28 PM

I kind of forgot about her. Meh. I'm definitely voting for Joe no matter what but this does nothing to placate the Bernie freaks.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 8:28 PM

No they won’t

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 8:29 PM

Sorry, but Pete's picture and slim CV should be what comes up when anyone Googles 'white male privilege'.

Amy's anger and resentment towards him were entirely justified. More people should have responded to him that way.

Can you even imagine a lesbian small town mayor, with his history of terrible race relations and her only other job having been with a mercenary consulting firm, being welcomed to the Democratic primary stage as a serious contender?

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2020 8:29 PM

She's ok. I don't hate her, like everyone on DL seems to. I don't think she's especially bright, but she's ballsy enough to put a eunuch like Mike Pence in his place.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2020 8:36 PM

I hope not. I don't hate her but - blah.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2020 8:38 PM

Klobuchar's remark about Pete's "flowery speeches", translation: "Are you people really going to vote for this faggot?!".

I hope that shrew gets hit by a bus.

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2020 8:38 PM

R17 because he was the mayor of a college town who became a serious contender for president while she’s spent her entire career working hard and winning elections. He was inexperienced and the support he got was beyond ridiculous. They all resented him but Amy was really, really annoyed by him.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2020 8:40 PM

Pete is an unctuous, smarmy little shit. He annoys me too.

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2020 8:42 PM

She isn’t going to be VP. Too much racial baggage. The last thing Team Biden want is that case where Amy jailed a young black man for life coming up every day. Probably just vetting her because he promised her he would if she dropped out. It will be Kamala. If Amy was the real choice they wouldn’t have leaked this yet.

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2020 8:44 PM

Vetting doesn't mean a thing. Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico is being vetted too (among others). It's like the background check for a job, just more intense. I really hope he doesn't pick Klobuchar. I really want Sally Yates, but nobody seems to mention her much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2020 8:45 PM

Kloubachar will be the veep candidate. The upper Midwest needs someone they can trust and she makes them feel she can.... Biden is the black vote. Obama will campaign like crazy for his VP.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Well there goes my vote. Who will Jill Stein pick?

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2020 8:48 PM

lol r30

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2020 8:49 PM

She is not the nominee yet, homosexuals and fraus-who-post-on-gay-message-boards

He is going to vet at least 3 or 4 people--that's how many Obama and H vetted

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2020 8:49 PM

He's vetting lots of potential running mates, including Sissy HIckey, but he is nowhere near naming a winner yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2020 8:50 PM

I really can’t believe they’re gonna go for an all-white ticket again.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2020 8:53 PM

I like that idea more than Abrams or that Kamala bitch.

But it's not a race thing. I'd gladly take Michelle Obama for V.P.!

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2020 8:54 PM

I hope he picks Tim Kaine!

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2020 8:57 PM

Terrible choice. And it would be a HUGE slap in the face to the black community who single handedly saved Biden from having to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2020 9:05 PM

When I saw this I immediately recoiled as I really do not like her in the slightest. But, by tradition, he doesn't have to announce anyone for another two months at the earliest so, maybe, this is just a ploy to get some of those midwest folks sitting at home an incentive to give him some thought.

I do think she's a helluva lot more qualified than Thirsty Stacey.

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2020 9:12 PM

R37 Posted exactly what I was thinking. An old white guy plus a white woman for VP? Bitch please.....

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2020 9:14 PM

Best qualified is Elizabeth Warren. Of course, Hillary was best qualified for Pres in 2016, as Obama pointed out -- much good it did her (and us)!

by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2020 9:16 PM

Amy cut a deal when she (and Pete) dropped to unite behind Biden before Super Tuesday. Twas obvious.

Whitmer is DOA given the lockdowns so she lost her only competition.

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2020 9:17 PM

The problem with the black community propping up Biden is... he doesn't need them now. His VP pick is going to be targeted at groups he wants support from but doesn't currently have.

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2020 9:17 PM

...and, by floating this now and seeing how intense the reactions of many people like R37 & R39, maybe the Biden camp will see just how wrong this idea is...and it will all blow over by the time it actually matters.

by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2020 9:18 PM

It may just take a bitch to sort all the mess the Repubes left.

I'm ok with it.

by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2020 9:19 PM

R43 Seriously doubtful. Are black people gonna vote for Trump? Of course not. Biden can afford to piss them off, they aren't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2020 9:21 PM

Whitmer is a far better choice to win the Midwest. No one likes Klobuchar. I would be curious to know who released this information. Klobuchar is constantly promoting herself.

by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2020 9:21 PM

Whitmer? The one with militias camping out in her capitol over her shutdown orders?

by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2020 9:24 PM

R21, she wants to be VP, which means she wants to be President. If you’re going to throw a fit every time somebody thwarts you, or gets a break you didn’t get, or says no to you in any way, your name is Trump.

Nobody wants an unlikable, tantrum throwing asshole anywhere near the WH. Especially not as Biden’s VP. We’ve already had almost four years of an unlikable egomaniac, and everyone is counting the minutes.

The idea that if somebody is trying for the VP slot, they’re entitled to throw tantrums any time some person they resent is anywhere near, that is acceptable behavior for a Democratic candidate, is dead wrong.

If Biden dies she’s President. Who wants Trump in a skirt as President? Insulting the press because they’re not kissing her ass enough? Sarcastic and bitter at every turn? No. We all need a break from that. Obama had people throwing shit at him every single day he was in office and came up unscathed. How? He didn’t dish it back.

If Klobuchar was getting the criticism Obama got - wearing a tan suit, eating mustard, she would dissolve in a puddle of rage. She could end up with the nuclear codes at a later date. Think ahead.

She is one of the most qualified females on paper. But temperament-wise, she’s one of the least. Id rather see Kamala, who’s flawed but capable of being gracious, than a fishwife with a voice like a chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 48May 21, 2020 9:24 PM

The comments above reminded me of how much I love Pete. But I'll vote for anyone to defeat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49May 21, 2020 9:25 PM

She's better than Pence, and the little gnome Hills chose as her running mate in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2020 9:26 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

by Anonymousreply 51May 21, 2020 9:27 PM

Amy did really well at the debates, and she'd be great going up against Pence with Mommy getting all worked up in the front row of the audience. Biden really doesn't need a black woman in that spot after he won South Carolina with Jim Clyburn's endorsement and many African-Americans put him over the top in other states; he could use someone from the Midwest like Klobuchar to turn back blue states that had gone red and/or a Latin woman. If Amy's supposed to be a tough boss, good on her.

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2020 9:31 PM

Kamala went overboard and lost points when she went after Biden and had t-shirts at the ready to sell. Klobuchar didn't pull that -- so she went after Buttigieg, who had tried to go after people with experience. Klobuchar had a reputation for getting bills passed and getting Republicans to get on board, which will come in handy in an after-Trump political world.

by Anonymousreply 53May 21, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]Terrible choice. And it would be a HUGE slap in the face to the black community who single handedly saved Biden from having to drop out.

Black people on Twitter are freaking out over this as they should.

I remember this started to come up during her "The View" interview and it isn't a shock that now it's coming back because reporters smell blood.

She is going to have the same problem Kamala will have: people will go through her record with a fine tooth (salad) comb and make a story out of every problematic decision.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 21, 2020 9:35 PM

R39 Actually seeing a woman, white or any color, is still a novelty for President or VP.

by Anonymousreply 55May 21, 2020 9:35 PM

So far Harris Whitmer and Klobuchar have been vetted. That we know of. So what? It's normal. Once Joe secures the votes necessary to be declared the nominee he can announce his running mate. But not before. The Republicans and their surrogates are already trying to stir up shit. They aare putting "Black" opinion makers out here asking people not to vote for Joe unless he picks a Black running mate. Or variations on that theme. The only way Trump has a snowball's chance in Hell of winning is to suppress the vote.

by Anonymousreply 56May 21, 2020 9:36 PM

Warren's name is out here too, and of course we are getting the Feminists and the minority "spokespersons" with their "Where was she back in the Day?" So I hope we don't fall for it. Nothing is more important than defeating every single Republican out here. All of them. From Trump on down to the Republican Dog Catcher. So we need to turn off the noise.

by Anonymousreply 57May 21, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote]Klobuchar had a reputation for getting bills passed and getting Republicans to get on board, which will come in handy in an after-Trump political world.

And she's voted for more of Trump's judicial picks than any other democrat. Including ones with Pence level positions on GLBT rights.

That and her obsession with attacking Buttigieg during the primaries really puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 21, 2020 9:40 PM

It VP should be Warren, Castro, Harris, or Buttiegieg.

No one else should be in the running unless it's a governor.

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2020 9:41 PM

They sure aren't picking Stacey Abrams.

She's smart and may get a cabinet post, but she couldn't win a governor's race.

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2020 9:41 PM

Trump is already fucking around trying to steal the election. If Biden doesn’t pick a VP with mass appeal, people will stay home. We need a massive turnout and we will get that when he chooses a black woman for VP. There are plenty of well qualified candidates.

by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2020 9:42 PM

Can't stand her. She would be a horrible choice. Kamala or Susan Rice are the better choices. If you think he has the black vote locked up, you're nuts. If Hillary had made a better VP choice she'd be president now because enough black voters would have turned out in Philadelphia and Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2020 9:43 PM

Be wary of Russian Trolls trying to influence thoughts on this.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2020 9:43 PM

R61 Why a black woman? Does it matter which black woman?

by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2020 9:44 PM

Klobuchar & Pete have done interviews together in the past three months, and have very clearly patched up what ever was bothering them. There's also footage from the campaign trail of the two of them together and they were friends. So if they got irritated or pissed on one another on the debate stage it was not personal. Do not even try to make this turn into a thing. Some of you act like absolute neophytes when it comes to understanding that people get irritated or pissed off and disagree with one another and act bitchy but it is not long lasting condemnation. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2020 9:44 PM

R63 Yes, fear the Soviet mind control sheeple!

by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote]A great way to suppress swing voter enthusiasm. A seethingly angry and homophobic child of an alcoholic, with impulse control issues and poor interpersonal skills.

Actually most white Midwestern swing voters will relate to this very well.

by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2020 9:47 PM

Let's all beware of unclean thoughts that may be planted in our heads by The Enemy. Thoughts like "I wish this wasn't happening," or "the Democrats are going to lose."

by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote] She's from the Midwest, people know her name, she's technically a minority, and she's not as hated as other Midwestern Dems. Biden-Klobuchar 2020

Midwest Karen didn’t vote for Hillary and she’s not going to vote for Biden, simply because Klobuchar is on the ticket. The majority of white men and women will again do what they’ve done for 50+ yrs, which = vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 69May 21, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote]She would be a horrible choice. Kamala or Susan Rice are the better choices.

Has Susan Rice ever won an election? Has she ever been in a campaign? No and no.

I’m fine with Kamala, but she really brings nothing to the ticket.

Amy has a proven record of winning votes in Red districts, which is exactly what Joe Biden needs.

by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2020 9:49 PM

Marianne Williamson will bring out the vote!

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2020 9:52 PM

Vetting means nothing. It means they're running polling data to see how many swings and votes he/she could get. They'll do this for about 50, then 25, then 10, then 5 candidates until they winnow down the numbers. They're vetting half the nation right now.

by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Karens will vote for her in packs.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2020 10:02 PM

No, that's not what it means R71

"Vetting" is more serious than "polling"

It means she's one of the finalists.

And there will likely be somewhere between three to five finalists.

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2020 10:11 PM

^^R72 not R71

by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2020 10:11 PM

Will there be a swimsuit competition to decide among the final 3?

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2020 10:17 PM

Kamala is best for AG, but I’d love to see her as VP.

She is Whitney Houston white so hopefully the white suburb cunts can get down that.

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote] Amy has a proven record of winning votes in Red districts, which is exactly what Joe Biden needs.

Midwest Karen didn’t vote for Hillary and she’s not going to vote for Biden, simply because Klobuchar is on the ticket. The majority of white men and women will again do what they’ve done for 50+ yrs, which = vote Republican. And white women hate each other.

Biden needs to turn out Democrats. Attempting to convert Republicans is stupid and it will continue to fail.

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2020 10:26 PM

I think she's the best choice. Everyone knows that Joe is old and it wouldn't be a shock if he died in office. Voters would want someone very experienced as the person on-deck.

I'm sure that her temper and her staff mistreatment would be endlessly trotted out by Republicans, but Trump's 2016 success makes me think that voters actually like a certain brutality in leadership.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2020 10:27 PM

R63 is absolutely correct.

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote]Whitmer is DOA given the lockdowns so she lost her only competition.

Whitmer's current job approval is a good 20 points higher than Trumps's amongst Michigan voters.

by Anonymousreply 81May 21, 2020 10:28 PM

Don't take the bait. Trump is the incentive to turn out the vote. Do not allow them to divide us. We'll see a lot of trolling and "Karens" out here tearing someone down. Do not buy into it.

by Anonymousreply 82May 21, 2020 10:30 PM

"Not going anywhere" is exactly the problem, R45. While only something like 6% of black people actively support Shitler, getting out the vote is critical. And, as has been pointed out upthread, pissing off the minority vote does not bode well for Biden--especially with so many nasty, tricky attempts to suppress votes/voters in blue areas. Every vote counts and every vote MUST count.

Also, we have to have a strong Democratic Senate as well. It would be absolutely foolish to remove Elizabeth Warren when the governor would certainly replace her with a Republican. That's insane to even consider. But pillaging Harris and/or Klobuchar has peril as well given that they are effective senators. That must be a consideration albeit not a disqualifying one.

by Anonymousreply 83May 21, 2020 10:31 PM

I hope he chooses Whitmer. That way SNL will get Bellamy Young to play her. I like Bellamy Young.

by Anonymousreply 84May 21, 2020 10:31 PM

there are at least a half dozen women being vetted. but I think it will be Harris.

by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2020 10:32 PM

Black voters are not stupid. THey will turn out to get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote] I think she's the best choice. Everyone knows that Joe is old and it wouldn't be a shock if he died in office. Voters would want someone very experienced as the person on-deck.

Biden is 78. So is McConnell. Pelosi is 80. Are you also expecting them to drop dead any day now.

Voters did not like Klobucher. Voters did not want Klobucher. Did you not notice how poorly she did in the primary race?

by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2020 10:33 PM

Biden doesn't need Klobuchar to lock up the Midwest. He's already got his working class man from the heart of the country bonafides. Common sense says he should choose a black woman to secure the black vote BUT oddly enough, polling shows that Elizabeth Warren is the number 1 draft pick for VP among Black Democrats. Stacey and Kamala don't even come close.

by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2020 10:34 PM

Harris has some pretty spectacular baggage.

by Anonymousreply 89May 21, 2020 10:34 PM

And Trump doesn't?

by Anonymousreply 90May 21, 2020 10:35 PM

Amy delivered Minnesota. Biden was not winning in Minnesota. She deliverd. So of course she's being vetted. Sometimes vetting is a courtesy. Sometimes you have known for months who you want and you go through appointing a committee and you go throuh=gh vetting to give the impression of transparency and fairness. YOu do want the public to feel that you have done your due diligence. But end of the day, absent any surrises you will go with the person you feel most comfortable with and Joe has already said he had to feel comfortable with whoever it was. if he did pick Whitmer or Klobuchar it would not surprise me. One thing you may want to know: If Whitmer is chosen, and they get elected, the new governor of Michigan would make history. He'd beAfrican Amereican.

by Anonymousreply 91May 21, 2020 10:38 PM

Good God No!

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2020 10:39 PM

They usually vet all of the top three possible choices for VP these days.

I doubt it will go to Klobuchar in the end--I am expecting her for Attorney General or some other powerful cabinet position. The VP position is much more likely to go to a black woman so as to galvanize black voters.

by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2020 10:39 PM

You know what? Anyone who starts riffing on the "baggage " of any potential nominee for VP on the Democratic side will be regarded as a divisive, ignorant troll. And I will happily tell you to fuck off. Period.

by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2020 10:39 PM

Time for Michelle Obama to step in and save us all.

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2020 10:40 PM

Amy > Stacy Abrams

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] Voters did not like Klobucher. Voters did not want Klobucher.

Maybe they would like me if they would at least spell my name right!

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] Black voters are not stupid. THey will turn out to get rid of Trump.

Voters turn out to make their lives better. Democrats cannot continue to tell nonwhites to turn out, not to make your life better, but instead just to prevent it from getting worse. Nonwhites are not going to continue turning out simple to perpetuate the 2nd class citizenship that (via institutional racism) they have been handed.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2020 10:41 PM

R91 Detroit didn't do that well with African-American Kwame Kilpatrick, later jailed.

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]Common sense says he should choose a black woman to secure the black vote BUT oddly enough, polling shows that Elizabeth Warren is the number 1 draft pick for VP among Black Democrats

That's not common sense. Common sense should be that black really want whoever is the best person for the job.

That's why they went for Joe because they felt that. That's why Kamala and Corey didn't even gain the bulk of their support and that's also why Elizabeth and not Kamala is their favorite pick for VP among Black Democrats.

The one thing I wish people would learn from all of this is that black people don't automatically vote for other black people. Even Obama had to earn their votes.

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2020 10:42 PM

If Amy is not chosen to be VP I want her to be the next Senate Majority Leader. She will be much better than Schumer. We ought to regard this election cycle as the Changing of the guard. We get rid of McConnell, Collins, Graham, and we'll have good people in the Senate. They're saying that DOug Jones may not be able to hold on to his seat in Alabama so the Dems may very well lose that one. But if they do, Doug Jones will definitely make a damned good attorney general or at least head up some division of the Justice department. Biden may choose Susan Rice. I would love it. She will kick their asses. I hope to ee Ben Rhodes and Sally Yates come back into government and how about Michelle Obama to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2020 10:44 PM

Smile Homosexuals

People didn't vote for Hillary because they couldn't stand her, thought he was the sort of smug cunt who looked down on them and were anxious to show her she wasn't all that by letting Trump beat her.

Trump! Ha ha ha

But now (a) they know that Trump is not a joke, he's dangerous and (b) nobody hates Biden, he's a likeable nice guy who reminds people of their favorite uncle or high school coach. So they're not going to be voting against him, no matter who the VP pick is

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2020 10:45 PM

[Quote] Biden doesn't need Klobuchar to lock up the Midwest. He's already got his working class man from the heart of the country bonafides. Common sense says he should choose a black woman to secure the black vote BUT oddly enough, polling shows that Elizabeth Warren is the number 1 draft pick for VP among Black Democrats. Stacey and Kamala don't even come close.

—Black voters are pragmatic

I strongly agree with the first three of these statements.

Pragmatic, yes, but I also think there is a bit more to it. I feel like she is the kind of white woman people recognize as getting things done. She didn't do well in the primaries because she comes across as a scold and not someone you would want to report to. On the other hand, though, she is EXACTLY the kind of person you want as a second in charge because she works hard but doesn't set the agenda or have the last word. People who have been denied their due actually want her on their team even if they still fear her.

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Hillary had 77,744 votes stolen from her to deliver the electoral college to Trump. She won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2020 10:46 PM

No no no no NO. I hate this bitch. She has the most irritating presence of anyone I’ve ever seen and as others have mentioned, a terrible, frigid, Midwestern bitchy personality.

Whitmer is MUCH better than this turd. She has militias at her doorstep because of that cunt DeVos and she’s handled herself quite well. Now there’s flooding and she’s handling her shit. ANYONE but Klobby.

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Warren would be the common sense choice. It would also bring in the progressive vote.

Klobuchar has sided with the Trump administration more times than any other democrat. She approved more of his judicial picks than any other democrat. She approved of judges whose views on gay rights were the same as Mike Pence's.

So R94 and the rest of the Klobuchar fan club who wants to shut down the thread with accusations of troll are basically saying that it's ok to have a democrat who favored the Trump administration. Even though the whole goal is get rid of the heinous policies of the Trump administration!

Politics as sports. Anything for "the win". There isn't a principle big enough to cave in on.

by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote] That's not common sense. Common sense should be that black really want whoever is the best person for the job.

People don't always vote according to common sense.

Blacks came out in huge numbers to elect Obama in 2008 and 2012 because he was one of their own. They did not come out in nearly the same numbers for John Kerry in 2004 or Hillary Clinton in 2016 even though they should have known their lives would be better under a liberal than under a conservative.

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote] She won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes.

Which, as has been pointed out ad infinitum to the H-Stans on DL, is [italic] really fucking pathetic [/italic]

She was running against a reality TV show host with zero political experience who talked about grabbing women by the pussy

And yet he only won by 2,8 million votes out of almost 130 million votes cast or around 2%

Any other Democrat, male or female, would have won in a landslide

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2020 10:49 PM

[quote]If Amy is not chosen to be VP I want her to be the next Senate Majority Leader. She will be much better than Schumer.

This is true.

by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2020 10:49 PM

^^she only won

by Anonymousreply 110May 21, 2020 10:50 PM

Many Bernie Bros are still pissed at Warren for staying in the race. They may be a lost cause, convinced that there's some glory in voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2020 10:50 PM

[quote]Klobuchar has sided with the Trump administration more times than any other democrat. She approved more of his judicial picks than any other democrat.

That’s called moderate politics. It’s how she’s been able to win red districts, and it’s how she’s been able to get more of her own bills passed with bipartisan support than any other current Senator.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]Blacks came out in huge numbers to elect Obama in 2008 and 2012 because he was one of their own. They did not come out in nearly the same numbers for John Kerry in 2004 or Hillary Clinton in 2016

Can we just accept that almost everyone, of every race, gender, orientation, and socioeconomic class...hated Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 113May 21, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] [R91] Detroit didn't do that well with African-American Kwame Kilpatrick, later jailed.

The United States is not doing well with Trump, White American. The United States did not do well with GW Bush, White American. There are endless towns and cities that have not done well with White American leadership. What exactly is your point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 21, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]nobody hates Biden

Nobody is thrilled with him either. If he hadn't won South Carolina, he'd have been out of the race. And this is on his third time running?

[quote]That’s called moderate politics

Are you saying democratic moderates should embrace the ideology of Mike Pence to get things done?

by Anonymousreply 115May 21, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote] Any other Democrat, male or female, would have won in a landslide

In this current era of hyper partisanship; there are no landslides. So no that would not have happened. The race would have been tight regardless.

[quote] Blacks came out in huge numbers to elect Obama in 2008 and 2012 because he was one of their own. They did not come out in nearly the same numbers for John Kerry in 2004 or Hillary Clinton in 2016 even though they should have known their lives would be better under a liberal than under a conservative.

Voters turn out to make their lives better. Democrats cannot continue to tell nonwhites to turn out, not to make your life better, but instead just to prevent it from getting worse. Nonwhites are not going to continue turning out simple to perpetuate the 2nd class citizenship that (via institutional racism) they have been handed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 21, 2020 11:01 PM

If Kloubachar hadn't stepped aside the day before Super Tuesday the moderate vote would've been split and Bernie would be on his way to the nomination. She's owed big time.

by Anonymousreply 117May 21, 2020 11:13 PM

Rick Wilson favors Katie Porter, because she scales well. She appeals to suburban voters and with disaffected Republicans, and is personally likable on television. The whole point of the Lincoln Project is to peel off 1-2% of the Republican vote. Democratic turnout, especially among black voters, depends on the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 118May 21, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote]If Kloubachar hadn't stepped aside the day before Super Tuesday the moderate vote would've been split and Bernie would be on his way to the nomination. She's owed big time.

And don’t think that she didn’t cut a deal for VP before she stepped aside. She’s not a novice.

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2020 11:20 PM

[Quote] Rick Wilson favors Katie Porter, because she scales well. She appeals to suburban voters and with disaffected Republicans, and is personally likable on television. The whole point of the Lincoln Project is to peel off 1-2% of the Republican vote. Democratic turnout, especially among black voters, depends on the Obamas.

Rick Wilson is a Republican.

Republicans think like Republicans.

Republicans NEVER think about black people.

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote]Are you saying democratic moderates should embrace the ideology of Mike Pence to get things done?

Being a moderate is how one gets things done in Washington. Something Bernie Sanders and AOC know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2020 11:22 PM

Amen r120.

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote]Rick Wilson favors Katie Porter

Who? And Who?

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]Being a moderate is how one gets things done in Washington

Then why didn't Warren or Harris approve the same number of judges?

Not that it matters. The reaction on the internet to this announcement has been largely negative. The Biden campaign would be foolish to give this another moment of thought Although, it was probably her who leaked it in the first place, with her Tracey Flick personality.

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2020 11:28 PM

Vetted. Not chosen.

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2020 11:30 PM

We don't need them to love Biden.

Just not hate him.

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2020 11:33 PM

R118 She has it going for her that she's unknown, but she simply has nothing near the resume needed to be VP. She seems like a good future prospect.

by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2020 11:34 PM

How many people are being vetted? If she wasn't vetted that would be the news story.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2020 11:35 PM

Eventually some of these women might end up in his cabinet as well, so the vetting could be for that.

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2020 11:36 PM

Vice President Biden can pick a potted plant for all I care.

Klobuchar's fine.

Harris, Rice, Whitmer, a player to be named later - they're all fine.

My idiot neighbor would be fine.

Muriel would be fine.

Anyone, anyone at all - perfectly fine. Don't care one bit.

The issue is Trump. He's got to go.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote]The reaction on the internet to this announcement has been largely negative.

Twitter is not representative of the real world or real voters.

by Anonymousreply 131May 22, 2020 12:04 AM

Where the hell is Biden hiding out anyway?

He really needs to get himself out there and do some serious campaigning if there's going to be any hope for America.

by Anonymousreply 132May 22, 2020 12:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 22, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]And she's voted for more of Trump's judicial picks than any other democrat. Including ones with Pence level positions on GLBT rights.

You don't understand, I mean how could you? YOU haven't been in the Senate, like me. I have to maintain my political viability at all costs, and so of course I'll throw you fags under there bus. In a heartbeat. So what? Half of you will still defend my actions right here on Datalounge of all places!

by Anonymousreply 134May 22, 2020 12:11 AM

i hate stories like this. This is not a scoop. This is not a news story. This means nothing. We already know Klobuchar is going to be vetted. We already know that Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris and Stacey Abrams are going to be vetted. In Warren and Abrams' cases, it's most likely because it would be rude not to vet them and he wants their support. All of these women are going to be vetted. I hope Katie Porter makes that list as well.

Vetting means that the campaign will spend hundreds of thousands investigating each of these women. Each woman and her spouse will give a full accounting of every person they've ever been in close contact with. Neighbors starting from childhood. All family members, parents, siblings, children, possibly including cousins. Every friend from high school and college. Every single roommate. Every boyfriend or girlfriend. Every boss and employee who worked under them. All financial records since adulthood. All of these people will be interviewed by private detectives and law firm employees. The job of a vet is to uncover anything or anyone in their orbit that could possibly become a campaign issue. The campaigns also give these candidates thousands of questions covering their lives and political policies. And if there's any dirt anywhere, they like it when the candidate offers it up. It's very bad if the detectives find something the candidate didn't already disclose because it means there could be other surprises out there.

It's actually a much more thorough process than what a presidential candidate goes through because there's so much that's off limits and not of interest to the press when someone runs for president. It also reveals a lot more dirt than what the press is going to go after.

by Anonymousreply 135May 22, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote] Twitter is not representative of the real world or real voters.

That’s very true. However, her showing in the primary is very representative of the real world. Twitter doesn’t care for Klobucher and neither do voters don’t care for Klobucher.

by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2020 12:36 AM

Warren is too old. You want a VP who is not in a coronavirus high risk group. Sadly Pete's out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2020 12:36 AM

Val Demings is also being vetted, sources have revealed. Trump can't win without Florida.

by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2020 1:10 AM

Twitter?

I'm sorry, I just don't understand how rational, intelligent, educated adults spend time on Twitter every day.

You know it really isn't necessary. Anything crazy from the Moron gets reprinted in the paper or somewhere. Anything interesting from anyone shows up somewhere. Or doesn't. It's okay to miss it.

Twitter, Facebook, TickTock, Instagram, I don't understand the interest.

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2020 1:15 AM

Val Demings is another future prospect who doesn't have a long enough resume.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2020 1:16 AM

Demings is fine. She's at least been elected to Capitol Hill, and she was also a former police chief.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote]I'm sorry, I just don't understand how rational, intelligent, educated adults spend time on Twitter every day.

I get what you're saying, dear but you're literally on a gay gossip board talking about politics in a thread sandwiched between Reddit dicks of the day and one called "Froyoling Ding-Ding."

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2020 1:25 AM

Name someone twitter would like? They'd probably bitch even if it were Sanders or Yang, calling them traitors.

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote] Vice President Biden can pick a potted plant for all I care.

That's great for you, but talk to some independents who are nervous about old man Biden's mind. They DO care who is the #2 and want someone who can step in and run the country in case Biden can only do a few years. Trump IS so bad that it shouldn't matter, but a good VP pick for Biden can help some of the voters who are squishy about voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2020 1:38 AM

I think Amy would do better as a 2nd banana (at this point) than Warren. Liz might become a loose cannon, rogue POTUS-wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2020 1:39 AM

Black folks will tiot if Stacey Abrams is not the VP pick. Biden will be smart to keep then happy and in his corner.

CNN says its impossible to win if he makes black women unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2020 1:40 AM

*riot

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2020 1:40 AM

You're naive if you think that actual votes weren't changed by hackers in the states of MI, WI and PA.

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2020 1:49 AM

You're fucking retarded, R146.

Nobody's rioting over a fucking VP pick. Don't be such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2020 3:25 AM

Even considering Klobuchar makes me wonder whether Biden is purposefully handing Trump four more years. The more insane the actions by his campaign are, the more it seems like they are just snatching defeat from the jaws of what should be an extremely easy victory. If Biden blows this in November, it needs to be [bold] the end [/bold] of the Democratic party permanently.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2020 3:32 AM

Out of all the speculated VP choices, Abrams is by far the least qualified. If he ends up choosing her, it will backfire.

by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2020 3:38 AM

[quote] because he was the mayor of a college town who became a serious contender for president while she’s spent her entire career working hard and winning elections.

Uh, she abuses staff, you fuck.

Trump had no resume. Obama had next to none. Amy = Karen. An evil entitled white bitch.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2020 3:40 AM

[quote] Black folks will tiot if Stacey Abrams is not the VP pick.

You are white and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2020 3:41 AM

Amy would shred Pence in a debate. She knows her shit.

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2020 3:45 AM

[quote] That way SNL will get Bellamy Young to play her.

SNL? What century is this?

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2020 3:45 AM

[quote] If Biden doesn’t pick a VP with mass appeal, people will stay home.

No VP pick has ever helped a candidate. Every historian has stated this. You don’t even see the VP. It’s a nothing position.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2020 3:47 AM

I'm one of the people who get angry when pundits insist we should move to the Right to get the White Working class. But now that I look at the numbers and the landscape I feel like the Democratic Party could fuck itself up if we allow the Racial polarization and the divisions that afflict this country to turn this into the Democrats are the party of minorities and the Republicans are the White people party. We are almost at that point right now.

Historically, a lot of this happened when Reagan was able to pull white union members away from Carter to get elected, and then Reagan went about the business of systematically dismantling labor unions. Labor unions were the equalizers in many respects, building a middle class that included all races. And they also educated their members about issues. No matter your ethnicity, You earned a decent wage, you put your kids through college, you bought a family cottage and you had a pensions.

But that Middle class has been pretty much deliberately destroyed by the Republicans. So now we have weak labor unions and sharp divisions the Republicans have exploited between Minorities and non minorities. Women, after all these years, are still not getting equal pay for equal work. This shit mess all brought to you by the Republicans moving their party to the Extreme Right and shitting all over women and people of color.

I remember as a kid the Democrats were the "big Tent" Party of inclusion. Bill Clinton, and later Obama tried hard to hold that all together. Their policies strengthened the party and the country. Meanwhile, Roger Ailes, Karl Rove, and Rush Limbaugh and that crowd elbowed their way into the Republican Party and hijacked it for Extremist haters.

For the Democrats to win elections we need to be that big tent again. It was the racist White people who ran away from the Democratic Party, their heads filled with fear, paranoia, and Republican lies. I guess I am saying we need to find a way to bring all races and ethnicities and sexual orientations along and be the big tent party again. We can't let the Republicans succeed in driving a permanent wedge between the races in this country and that is exactly what they are trying to do.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2020 3:48 AM

[quote] Out of all the speculated VP choices, Abrams is by far the least qualified.

That's not true. At least she has held elective office. Michelle Obama's name has been tossed around, as has Oprah's, and neither of them have been elected to office before.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2020 3:51 AM

Klobuchar would be a huge mistake. It’s not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2020 3:52 AM

Klobuchar WILL be rewarded, though, with an important cabinet position. Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2020 3:55 AM

You know just because someone is good at one thing doesn't necessarily mean they'd be good at something else. IMO, Klobuchar would be at her most effective in the Senate. if Joe doesn't chose her as VP she needs to stay in the Senate and become the Senate Majority Leader. We have never had a woman in that position.

I would make Pete Buttigeig my White House Chief of Staff. I would make Sally Yates the Attorney General, and I would make either Kamala Harris or Susan Rice my VP. Yes. As for Stacey Abrams, and Val Demings, both of them need a much broader elective experience before they command a national or international stage.

If Demings is handled properly, and groomed for it, she could run for governor against DeSantis who is beyond stupid. But honestly, the former police chief of a city in Florida is definitely going to have skeletons. I worked in government. it's unavoidable. Especially for a career cop who is married to a career cop at the local level.

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2020 4:03 AM

All the stories about her little problem will come out... The Senator Wears Prada.

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2020 4:04 AM

All the stories about her little problem will come out... The Senator Wears Prada.

by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2020 4:04 AM

She's done after this. Warren is the top choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote]If Biden blows this in November, it needs to be the end of the Democratic party permanently.

What do you mean "if". Have you seen any of his town halls? It's like watching a dementia patient. Why are the Democrats not concerned about the optics? Biden hiding in his basement withering away.

by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2020 4:07 AM

Why would she be "finished" after that, R164?

Her husband was given hydrochlorowhatsit in the hospital and in combination with whatever else they gave him, it helped him recover from Covid. So what? That's great.

And why all the weird hate for Amy fucking Klobuchar. She seems like a competent senator and a smart person.

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2020 4:09 AM

I saw his one-on-one debate with Sanders and I thought he did great... Trump won't debate, he's already said that.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2020 4:10 AM

I saw his one-on-one debate with Sanders and I thought he did great... Trump won't debate, he's already said that.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2020 4:10 AM

VP Biden is great. Standing next to that fucking 'tard Trump, Joe looks like Socrates.

He's doing just fine. I don't know why you think he's hiding. I watched him in a town hall last week and in one interview or maybe two. I see his ads. I get his campaign mail. I don't need him in my face all the time.

The issue is TRUMP. We know who we're voting for and why we're voting for him. We don't need a dog and pony show. Just make sure we can vote and we'll take care of it.

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote] If Biden blows this in November, it needs to be the end of the Democratic party permanently.

So you want there to be one party running the country.

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2020 4:25 AM

[quote] Trump won't debate, he's already said that.

Trump is always up for a debate. How many times are you going to push this bullshit? You’ve been saying it since 2015. Trump wouldn’t run, wouldn’t get the nomination, wouldn’t debate, wouldn’t win the White House, would be impeached or would step down within a year... none of this happened.

by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2020 4:27 AM

[Quote] It was the racist White people who ran away from the Democratic Party

They should stay far away and never come back. Biden courting them would be a huge smack in the face to any non-white Democrat.

[Quote] What do you mean "if". Have you seen any of his town halls? It's like watching a dementia patient.

I agree with you that Biden really doesn't stand a chance, but that kind of sentiment brings out the hissers on the DL. Still, Trump is really fucking things up very badly the last few months with his handling of the Coronavirus. It's really his election to lose. It would be an easy defeat for a competent political party, but the Democrats aren't a component political party. Still, Trump could blow this so bad that he loses in November. It's not likely, but it's possible...presuming Biden makes actually overtures to Bernie's supporters and stops wasting his time trying to court suburban Karen's. Considering Klobuchar for VP is a red flag that's he's not serious about winning, in my opinion.

[Quote] So you want there to be one party running the country.

No. I want there to be a viable third party, potentially even four or five. There are ways to push for this (ranked choice voting is a big way to help make this possible). Our country didn't start with the two shit parties we have now. Why should it stay that way forever?

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2020 4:27 AM

The fact that Biden thought it was a bright idea to announce that he’d pick a female VP before even vetting anyone should give everyone pause.

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2020 4:28 AM

[quote] No. I want there to be a viable third party, potentially even four or five.

That is not how the system is set up. Multiple parties only works in a parliamentary system. America is a two party rule. That’s never going to change. Americans are not going to vote for the commie Greens.

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote] They should stay far away and never come back. Biden courting them would be a huge smack in the face to any non-white Democrat.

That’s what Bernie did. He even made excuses for white Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2020 4:30 AM

[Quote] That is not how the system is set up.

Our system was set up at a time when slavery was legal. Should we really be tethered to an archaic system that allows religious zealots to discriminate against us freely and allows mass shootings to happen every week? I don't think so. Eventually, people will get fed up with the system and revolt. When that happens, we can upend the constitution and change our governmental system. In the interim, though, ranked choice voting and building a viable third party will help bring the 40% of independent voters to support politicians who actually represent our collective interests.

[Quote] That’s what Bernie did. He even made excuses for white Trump voters.

Did I defend Bernie?

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2020 4:34 AM

Someone suggested Biden might make Pete Buttigieg cheif of staff. It's not happening. Biden does not like Pete's ass because Pete beat him badly in Iowa and New Hampshire. Biden was humiliated and accused Pete of attacking his and Obama's work

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2020 5:29 AM

Amy Klobuchar is perhaps the only potential VP candidate who could actually make me stay home on election day.

I had an abusive parent, and I've worked for abusive bosses who were abusive in the ways she's been described, and just like I will never treat kids or employees the way I was treated, I will never vote for her.

She's the definition of triggering.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2020 5:34 AM

Why would he want Pete Buttigieg as his Chief of Staff? He barely knows him and Pete has no Washington experience. One thing for sure your CoS has to have is experience in DC.

VP Biden has many years in Washington and many wise and experienced friends he can call on for his Chief of Staff. Pete wants to go to Washington, understandable. He probably will but it won't be as Chief of Staff.

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2020 6:28 AM

"No. I want there to be a viable third party, potentially even four or five. There are ways to push for this (ranked choice voting is a big way to help make this possible). Our country didn't start with the two shit parties we have now. Why should it stay that way forever?"

Same old nonsense.

There are two choices. It's binary.

Trump or Biden.

The rest is a waste of a vote.

by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2020 6:32 AM

[quote] Our system was set up at a time when slavery was legal. Should we really be tethered to an archaic system that allows religious zealots to discriminate against us freely and allows mass shootings to happen every week?

Oh, Jesus Christ, you’re a moron. Did you even finish high school?

by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2020 7:39 AM

Scrap the US constitution!

by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Her constant shaking in every debate should be disqualifying in itself.

If it's just nerves, it's a liability.

If it's a neurological condition — even if she came out with it — it's a liability.

Visuals matter.

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Toughen up buttercup r178. I’ll take a stapler to the head to get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2020 11:07 AM

The VP slot isn’t for the DL voter. It’s for the swing state voter.

[quote] A great way to suppress swing voter enthusiasm.

That’s rich — what’s going to fire up swing voters? A woke coastal type? Wokesterism has a lot to do with why swing voters held their noses and voted for Trump in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2020 11:40 AM

Man, this thread reeks of attempts at divide and conquer.

You're a Trumper; flat-out, no getting around it, if you hesitate to vote Biden based upon whatever your "concern" trolly mind conjures with regard to his VP pick.

What r130, 135 and r139 said. Any one of the Dems who ran to the POTUS would be an excellent choice.

Repugs- You're as obvious as a neon sign. Fuck-off.

Dems - unite and conquer!

by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2020 12:39 PM

You all still don't get it

A good half of the people who v. oted for Trump were voting AGAINST Hillary

It's a weird blind spot on DL, this inability to understand how many people hated her and wanted to see her take a fall.

Very few people will be voting against Joe Biden. He's a likeable guy whose blue collar roots are very much in evidence.

The VP pick is not about pandering. .Vice Presidents do not help candidates win their home states or the ethnic groups they are a part of. They are mostly proof that the presidential candidate will make wise choices when staffing their cabinet. That's why Biden, a respected and senior Senator was seen as a smart pick for Obama and why Al Gore, a smart enthusiastic Senator with a long pedigree in DC was a smart move for Bill Clinton.

Hence Stacey Abrams would be a bad choice, but pretty much everyone else on the list would be fine.

by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2020 12:43 PM

What r135 said, too.

by Anonymousreply 188May 22, 2020 12:43 PM

The VP pick this time is about nailing the electoral college and getting donors onboard. This person has to have a pristine background.

It's hard, but you really have to put your emotions aside. I believe Biden will find a spot for a lot of favorites in his administration, if those women want them.

We aren't voting for Biden's VP, we're voting to dump trump.

by Anonymousreply 189May 22, 2020 12:52 PM

[quote]You're a Trumper; flat-out, no getting around it

the DL is trolltastic

by Anonymousreply 190May 22, 2020 12:56 PM

Look, Biden could have announced that he promises to pick a Turnip as his VP. You know what? I will enthusiastically and happily vote for that goddamned turnip.

by Anonymousreply 191May 22, 2020 1:00 PM

The bad news of Klobuchar being a bad boss probably comes from children of privilege that got the job through connections. She just fired them and they have an axe to grind.

by Anonymousreply 192May 22, 2020 1:02 PM

I really like Stacy Abrams, and if she had been a Congresswoman or even a mayor, I think she would have been an excellent choice. But her background is just too thin. Even Obama was a U.S. Senator. And maybe even before Dump, a thin background may have been acceptable, but after him, I want someone who has experience by being a mayor or governor, or who’s been in the Senate or U.S. government (Susan Rice). Also, if there were someone younger running for president, she’d be a great option, learning the ropes on the national stage. I actually think she will make a lot of people hesitant to vote for Biden—not because of her race, but because she’s so inexperienced. And in Joe’s case, it’s much more important because of his age. He has the black vote, they aren’t going anywhere. Of all the women, I think she’s the most problematic to sell to the voters, strictly because of her experience. But no matter what, I’m voting for the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 193May 22, 2020 1:04 PM

Once again, Democrats just assume gays will dutifully following along so pick a homophobe, who cares.

by Anonymousreply 194May 22, 2020 1:15 PM

Amy is like Tim Kaine...without the guitar.

by Anonymousreply 195May 22, 2020 1:34 PM

According to every analysis I've read Joes biggest deficit right now is still among younger voters and Progressives. So he's looking at Elizabeth Warren too. Problem with Elizabeth is her age, and the fact that they really really do not get along. There's history from when Obama was President. Many staffers in the Obama administration found her extremely difficult to work with and she did not agree with his economic recovery plans or policies. I think more and more, that Joe's leaning towards Kamala, Susan Rice or Amy. If I had to bet on who the top three were, that's who I'd put my money on.

by Anonymousreply 196May 22, 2020 1:39 PM

She brings nothing electorally. Biden already maxes out his white working class support all by himself. He’s a great candidate for the Midwest. His lowest support is with Latinos, especially young Latinos, who were overwhelmingly for Bernie. A Latina on the ticket makes the most sense.

by Anonymousreply 197May 22, 2020 1:39 PM

As an aside: I spent some time on conservative media yesterday and a small but consistent theme was to laugh at the "hypocritical" left who espouse diversity but ended up with old, white Joe. I'm sure he has someone on his side (maybe the aforementioned Rick Wilson) who might point out to him that the optics of picking Amy actually might offset whatever benefits she brings. At least Katie Porter is a younger, potty-mouthed, single mother.

by Anonymousreply 198May 22, 2020 1:49 PM

Amy “Swingline” Klobuchar is hardly an inspired choice. She’s both a bitch and as bland as a mayo and white bread sandwich.

With any luck it won’t be her.

Still voting for Biden, of course, but Jeez. . , .

by Anonymousreply 199May 22, 2020 1:55 PM

More than that R193, picking Abrams would send a message that Joe is beholden to special interest groups and make decisions based on pandering.

In a way that picking someone like Val Demmings or Keisha Lance Bottoms would not.

Let alone Amy, Harris, Warren or any of the other Governors and Senators.

by Anonymousreply 200May 22, 2020 2:05 PM

We need to be smart. We need to not take the bait. The fact is there are enough trolls and fake organizations out here trying to discourage depress and divide the electorate so that no matter who Biden chooses he will be criticized. We cannot allow that to happen.

Of course we have our preferences. But we honestly need to commit to getting a massive turnout to take Trump out of the White House and MCConnell out of the Senate. Right now McConnell and McGrath are tied, and Mitch hasn't even started to campaign. McGrath needs money.

All over twitter and facebook there are this fake "groups" who are asking you to talk about who you want Biden to chose or "will you support Joe if he chooses this one or that one?"

The other thing happening out here is the total chaos when it comes to information about the Pandemic. And Trump's backers (both foreign and domestic) are doing a great job of deliberately misinforming people about the virus and making sure that whether you wear a mask or not is seen as a political statement.

The Chief Agent of Chaos is Russia, and Putin and they are already interfering in the 2020 election. Our Intel community knows and they are not doing a damned thing. With Ratliffe in charge of overseeing 17 different Intel agencies nothing will be done.

We have to break through all of that and get this cancer out. There is not one Republican out here that deserves to hold a public office.

by Anonymousreply 201May 22, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,”

This is what Joe Biden said this morning on the Breakfast Club program.

by Anonymousreply 202May 22, 2020 2:09 PM

America needs someone tough as nails in them higher offices. If something were to happen to Biden - God forbid- Amy could throw down with Putin, Xi or that nasty Queen Elizabeth lol. Nah, we love the queen. But yeah, someone that is serious, studious, holds their ground. I think that's Amy. Or Harris, or Whitmer. Biden has a lot of great women to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 203May 22, 2020 2:20 PM

R202 That he did. Prepare for four more years of Trump, folks. The ads just write themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 22, 2020 2:34 PM

He wants to lose. He doesn't want the responsibility of fixing the mess after Covid. No other explanation

by Anonymousreply 205May 22, 2020 2:47 PM

That comment might be one of the dumbest things he’s said this campaign cycle. Yikes. All he need to do is keep his head down and continue to let trump self implode. His team needs to put a muzzle on him.

Well we can be assured that he will pick a black woman now. That comment is not going over well at all.

by Anonymousreply 206May 22, 2020 2:47 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if the Democratic National Convention is going to get ugly.

by Anonymousreply 207May 22, 2020 2:51 PM

I suspect the vast majority of black Americans 100% know what he meant and agree with him.

But nice try with the trolling

by Anonymousreply 208May 22, 2020 2:52 PM

The one thing you don’t do is insult voters. It never, ever ends well. 47%, basket of deplorables, etc. A total rookie mistake.

by Anonymousreply 209May 22, 2020 2:52 PM

The one thing you don’t do is insult voters. It never, ever ends well. 47%, basket of deplorables, etc. A total rookie mistake.

by Anonymousreply 210May 22, 2020 2:52 PM

by Anonymousreply 211May 22, 2020 2:52 PM

I need it to be Amy Klobuchar. I think she is perfect and my pick for SNL version as Aidy steps aside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 22, 2020 3:13 PM

Good question, R207

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 22, 2020 3:15 PM

Trump has been courted black Christians and professionals like crazy, the GOP has the #Blexit campaign, and Biden thinks it's a good idea to go on one of the biggest morning shows in the country and spout that shit off?

I think the Dems really are throwing this election on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 214May 22, 2020 3:16 PM

This election will be a referendum on Trump. The man has a record now, he has established positions. He's a politician now. Most of the media and internet noise is political theater. Biden will win cuz we all feel shittier now than 4 years ago (and not that great. )

by Anonymousreply 215May 22, 2020 3:20 PM

And R215, because Trump's base is less than 40% of the electorate and the only people who will vote for him at this point are the hardcore base.

by Anonymousreply 216May 22, 2020 3:24 PM

That mask does look photoshopped. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 217May 22, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote] It's a weird blind spot on DL, this inability to understand how many people hated her and wanted to see her take a fall.

DL has many weird political blind spots. Underestimating American minorities' distaste for Pete Buttigieg was another one.

by Anonymousreply 218May 22, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote] A good half of the people who v. oted for Trump were voting AGAINST Hillary It's a weird blind spot on DL, this inability to understand how many people hated her and wanted to see her take a fall.

Also, Trump is a known quantity now. You could argue that 4 years ago, people didn't know how incompetent and dangerous he would be, but that's gone now. He has his racist deplorable base, and that's not enough.

by Anonymousreply 219May 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Hillary won the election, dears. She won the popular vote by a distance. No, she didn’t win the rigged electoral college. But not enough people voted against Hillary and for Trump. That didn’t happen. And this weird conservative trope is not a DL blind spot, it’s a bullshit Refucklican talking point.

So fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 220May 22, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote] Hillary won the election, dears.

By a pathetically low margin R220

Another DL Blind Spot: Not realizing how embarrassing it was that Hillary only won the popular vote by a mere 2% over a failed reality TV show host with zero political experience and a record of racism, sexism and pussy-grabbing.

Though I suspect R220 falls in the camp of Hillary Stans who refuse to hear anything negative about her

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2020 4:14 PM

As a nation America is going down. But it's because of the antiquated 18th century political system we are governed by. The winner- takes- it all in elections without giving other folks representation is doomed. When Trump got elected only Republicans went into the positions, when the House became Democratic only Democrats at the top, Republicans rule the Senate so only Republicans get a say. This is going to fail.

by Anonymousreply 222May 22, 2020 4:15 PM

We can whine about the unfairness of it all, but the Democrat Party has been winning elections under this antiquated system for two hundred years. Magically, since Obama, they appear to have lost the ability to do so.

by Anonymousreply 223May 22, 2020 4:19 PM

On seeing how absolutely ecstatic she was after her withdrawal from the race, my first thought was "Biden has promised her the VP spot." I think this has been the plan for a while.

by Anonymousreply 224May 22, 2020 4:30 PM

Ayayay people. He was joking. Even the host laughed.

by Anonymousreply 225May 22, 2020 4:52 PM

You loons are hilarious. It won’t be Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 226May 22, 2020 4:56 PM

Let's keep talking about this VP speculation. It's nice to see Joe Biden get some news coverage for a change. I'm so sick of the orange monster sucking all the oxygen out of the press room.

by Anonymousreply 227May 22, 2020 5:20 PM

I think someone promised Amy something so they let this leak knowing it would be met with disdain. Then they could say they tried Amy.

by Anonymousreply 228May 22, 2020 5:26 PM

I like Whitmer because she seems strong and doesn't care what people are screaming at her. She seems sensible and smart too.

by Anonymousreply 229May 22, 2020 5:29 PM

R229 You might be the only one in that regard. I'm glad I don't live in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 230May 22, 2020 5:36 PM

Would Whitmer guarantee Michigan? That would really make Trump shit himself. No wonder so much animosity towards the woman. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 231May 22, 2020 5:44 PM

She doesn't seem popular.

by Anonymousreply 232May 22, 2020 5:49 PM

Give America what's it prefers, 2 white men

by Anonymousreply 233May 22, 2020 6:01 PM

I like Whitmer because she has caneface.

by Anonymousreply 234May 22, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]I like Whitmer because she seems strong and doesn't care what people are screaming at her. She seems sensible and smart too.

I only know who this woman is because of Datalounge. (I have paid more attention to her because of her stance on the COVID crisis since then.) He'd do better to avoid pulling a Tim Kaine as much as possible and go with someone who has had extensive media coverage for the past few years like -- Kamala, Elizabeth or Stacey.

by Anonymousreply 235May 22, 2020 6:11 PM

Stacey is a bad idea. Period. I say go with someone recognizable and that means a candidate who ran against him like Kamala, Elizabeth or Amy. Or Susan Rice. It's very important for his running mate to be a known entity. Susan Rice would kick asses and take names on the campaign trail. No. Doubt. About . It. I'd love to see her smash Pences face in.

by Anonymousreply 236May 22, 2020 6:29 PM

Since the Democrats choose to lose, no better running mate for Biden than her.

by Anonymousreply 237May 22, 2020 6:33 PM

I like Whitmer but isn't she just a more articulate Sarah Palin? I still want Sally Yates.

by Anonymousreply 238May 22, 2020 7:24 PM

Gov. Whitmer has gorgeous skin. It's unusual for a woman living in Michigan to have such flawless, alabaster skin. If she didn't have a head shaped like a cinder block, she'd be gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 239May 22, 2020 7:57 PM

Percentage of DLers who vote for candidates based on the perceived flawlessness of their skin

by Anonymousreply 240May 22, 2020 7:59 PM

Whitmer is just a big Karen. Her nagging, scolding personality would drive away younger voters.

Warren is a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 241May 22, 2020 8:21 PM

Warren doesn't have a nagging, scolding personality...

by Anonymousreply 242May 22, 2020 8:57 PM

[quote]According to every analysis I've read Joes biggest deficit right now is still among younger voters and Progressives.

Those people don’t vote, so nobody cares about their “deficit”.

by Anonymousreply 243May 22, 2020 9:40 PM

I attended college in MN, and I hate her. She reminds me of every passive aggressive, backstabbing, fake bitch that I met while living there.

by Anonymousreply 244May 22, 2020 9:43 PM

She's a cunt. ,has a face made for radio but she isn't morbidly obese. That puts her in a better category than Stacey "The Chubby Ayn Rand Lover" Abrams.

by Anonymousreply 245May 22, 2020 9:48 PM

WaPo's current rankings

1. Kamala D. Harris — 2. Amy Klobuchar DOWN 1 3. Elizabeth Warren UP 5 4. Gretchen Whitmer UP 1 5. Tammy Duckworth UP 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 22, 2020 10:46 PM

Listen. All of us need to stop being hateful. This constant ragging and negativity is going to put toxic nastiness into the atmosphere and we don't need oit. The Republicans are getting ready to unleash hell. Even as we speak they are doing red books on every single possible running mate. If you think Biden is vetting you have no idea how the Republicans a re vetting them too. And now that it has leaked out, including by these possible nominees, the Republican dirty tricks machine will be happy to misinform and dig deep contacting family friends former classmates co-workers, etc. and every single person with an ax to grind and possibly mis represent themselves as part of an "official" vetting process. Klobuchar, Harris, Warren Rice etc.etc.etc. they will smear, and they will make sure to get very personal, mocking and trashing every which way they can.

by Anonymousreply 247May 22, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote]Trump has been courted black Christians and professionals like crazy, the GOP has the #Blexit campaign, and Biden thinks it's a good idea to go on one of the biggest morning shows in the country and spout that shit off?

Biden is the candidate that blacks chose. His campaign was dead until those black Church ladies in South Carolina decided that ancient Joe was their savior. No other demographic wanted him. Blacks are responsible for this, so they’re going to have to accept his gaffes.

by Anonymousreply 248May 22, 2020 11:42 PM

Susan Rice guarantees an endless narrative about Benghazi every day until November. And most people associate Benghazi with Hillary too... so she’s a no.

by Anonymousreply 249May 22, 2020 11:44 PM

R249 is correct. Rethugs never stop bitching about Benghazi (it usually immediately follows "but her emails!"). To throw their own ignorance and words back at them - talk about a nothingburger! Also, Rice doesn't have much in the way of momentum currently - just a vague name from the past for most voters. We need a very current and known political celebrity of sorts to balance Joe's old school tenure. The most likely choice will be Kamala with Amy a close second.

by Anonymousreply 250May 23, 2020 12:52 AM

Unfortunately Kamala has the stench of Jussie Smollett all over her.

by Anonymousreply 251May 23, 2020 1:22 AM

I'll tell you right now, no matter who Biden chooses, the Republicans will go on the attack. They will invent what they cannot find. Rice had nothing to do with Benghazi. She got the report, and mischaracterized it based on the information she had. She used a poor choice of words. Benghazi belonged to Hillary.

Now, if the Rethugs want to talk about Benghazi, we can point to the number of hearings they had, and we can show Hillary sitting there taking questions for 11 hours in the middle of her campaign and they found NOTHING.

It would make a great commercial. How Trump refused to testify, then lied in his written submissions to Mueller, then later, refused to allow anyone on his staff to testify regarding the matter of the Ukraine and his quid pro quo with a foreign government.

He didn't even require Ukraine to do a true investigation. He just wanted them to announce an investigation. Which they refused to do. The Ukraine affair led to his impeachment. They are crippled by his corruption. Listen Trump is so covered in filth, so much filth there is an endless supply of rebuttals to anything they can throw at us.

Our problem is that we always counter punch, always on the defensive, allowing them to control the field of battle. We really need to go on the offensive and keep them off balance. That's why I loved the Parscale article, the Lincoln Group's commercials, and all the chatter about him. It throws them off balance. And it is driving Trump nuts. The best defense really is a good offense.

by Anonymousreply 252May 23, 2020 3:14 AM

We need to stop being so jumpy and timid. yes they're going to attack us. But WTF. They a re filth.. They have destroyed our country, damned near. We have to go after them and brush off their bullshit. There is nothing they can say to us. NOTHING. Four people died at Benghazi. More than 100,000 will have died from criminal negligence. We have dead bodies. Lots of them. Bodies piled up in refrigerator Trucks, and mass graves. Here . Dead Americans. We have Nurses wearing trash bags and begging for masks. Doctors dying while trying to help people. While Jared's brother got contracts, while cronies with no track record screwed up contracts worth tens of millions. No oversight on the stimulus money. PPP funding going to people like Brad PArscale and wealthy corporations? 40 million people have just filed for unemployment. I haven't even made an effort and I can think of at least a dozen heinous things. We need to kick their asses. Of course they'll attack us. So what. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 253May 23, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote] It's a weird blind spot on DL, this inability to understand how many people hated her and wanted to see her take a fall.

Fuck you. She won the popular vote by 2.8 million and got more votes than any other presidential candidate in any other presidential election. The fact that she lost was an accident of history and you can take the bizarrely anti-democratic electoral college for it. Hillary Clinton did not lose because of some groundswell of hatred against her.

by Anonymousreply 254May 23, 2020 4:55 AM

[quote] Unfortunately Kamala has the stench of Jussie Smollett all over her.

Who? The beauty of the American public is that it collectively has the attention span of a gnat. At this point, Jussie Smollett is a distant memory — if that much — for most people. And, even if you reminded them what Kamala said about him no one would care.

by Anonymousreply 255May 23, 2020 5:16 AM

Whitmer is being vetted as well.

by Anonymousreply 256May 23, 2020 5:28 AM

Whitmer has flawless alabaster skin..

by Anonymousreply 257May 23, 2020 8:19 AM

Not sure if R254 is being sarcastic and pretending to be an H-Bot or actually is one, but what a perfect illustration of the nonsense regularly spouted on DL

She "got more votes than any other presidential candidate in any other presidential election" BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE VOTED IN 2016 THAN IN 1916. There are more people living in the US today hence more voters hence more votes. SMH

And as for "She won the popular vote by 2.8 million" - that's around 2% of the total vote. And if you are running against a pussy-grabbing failed reality TV show host with zero political experience who (at the time) was not even supported by many members of his own party, than only winning 2% of the popular vote is pathetic, not something to brag about.

I suspect many HBs live amongst MAGAts and are constantly having to defend Her, hence the kneejerk reactions.

by Anonymousreply 258May 23, 2020 10:53 AM

R252 is right. We have our own opinions as to who it should be, but the Republicans will attack all of their weak spots, whatever they are and however insignificant they are. We need to be able to fight back per r252’s great example re Susan Rice. Get ready, they’re going to fling all of the shit they can muster before this is over. And we know how much full of shit they are.

by Anonymousreply 259May 23, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote]Klobuchar, amid Biden VP search, scrambles to fix relations with black community

Does this ever actually work?

You can't just "decide" to fix your relationship with the African American community once you need it.

History is important.

Biden and Sanders didn't have to do the work now because they'd already done it in the past. Warren had an easier time than Harris, Booker and Buttigieg. Amy has a massive mountain to climb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 23, 2020 6:56 PM

Look. ne of the main campaign strategies is to go after Biden's strengths. One of them is his Black support. They are going to set him up with more bullshit interviews and ugly questions inferring that he is a fake or has harmed Black people with his policies. There will e attacks from Black Trump surrogates. There will be splinter groups and all of it is designed to either suppress the vote or pick off a few for Trump. If Black people take the bait instead of shutting out the noise and voting their interests, Trump could make this easier to steal by making it close.

by Anonymousreply 261May 23, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote]Biden and Sanders didn't have to do the work now because they'd already done it in the past.

Umm, Sanders had zero black support. He didn’t do the work because he’s lazy.

by Anonymousreply 262May 23, 2020 9:13 PM

Shame on Biden if he chooses her. It would be a slap in the face to the African American community

by Anonymousreply 263May 23, 2020 10:21 PM

R263 has either deliberately or inadvertently just expressed very succinctly the goal of the Republican strategists. They want to make sure every Blac person hears that repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 264May 23, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote]Shame on Biden if he chooses her. It would be a slap in the face to the African American community

The African American community loves an Affirmative Action appointment.

by Anonymousreply 265May 23, 2020 10:44 PM

old whites like her so this could work.

by Anonymousreply 266May 23, 2020 10:46 PM

Amy was spared having to answer for the low percentage of lack suppport she enjoys during rhe primary She needs to get the Mayor Pete treatment now.

by Anonymousreply 267May 23, 2020 10:55 PM

*black

by Anonymousreply 268May 23, 2020 10:55 PM

Biden already has Black support. Those old Church women in South Carolina couldn’t wait to put their Bibles and vote for ancient Uncle Joe. His running mate needs to him up the white Midwestern vote, and that’s Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 269May 23, 2020 11:33 PM

R269, Klobuchar's name is meaningless outside of Minnesota. She's not some magic key to get that demographic that Obama and Joe despised and neglected on his side now that he needs rhem

by Anonymousreply 270May 23, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote]Klobuchar's name is meaningless outside of Minnesota. She's not some magic key to get that demographic that Obama and Joe despised and neglected on his side now that he needs rhem

She’s a moderate that works across the aisle. She’s someone that white Obama-turned-Trump voters in Michigan and Wisconsin will pull the lever for in November.

by Anonymousreply 271May 23, 2020 11:40 PM

I'm not saying she's a good choice, I'm saying that Biden's team will pick her. Klobucher fits the bill, regardless of how little actual voters want her.

by Anonymousreply 272May 23, 2020 11:42 PM

R271, Biden will need to get that Obama stink off of him in time to get Obama-to-trump voters back on the saddle.

by Anonymousreply 273May 23, 2020 11:42 PM

If Biden picks her i'm voting for Trump instead of just sitting the election out.

by Anonymousreply 274May 23, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote]Klobuchar's name is meaningless outside of Minnesota.

She just ran a national campaign for President, and outlasted Saint Kamala and Mayor Buttplug. Her name is very well-known.

by Anonymousreply 275May 23, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote] old whites like her so this could work.

Except that they didn’t vote for her.

So, there’s that. . . .

by Anonymousreply 276May 23, 2020 11:49 PM

R275, outlasted Pete? By what? 10 hours?

by Anonymousreply 277May 23, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote]outlasted Pete? By what? 10 hours?

Yeah, and she did it just to spite his thin resume and flowery speech. She’s a bitch and I’ll be voting for her.

by Anonymousreply 278May 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Everyone who voted for Biden has biden remorse. They really want Elizabeth Warren. People who voted for Bernie, love Elizabeth Warren too.

Billionaires are going to back Trump/Republicans. They already did the damage they wanted to do.

Joe Biden could lose against Trump. Every time joe opens his mouth, his polling plummets. Biden should drop out and endorse Elizabeth Warren for President. If he is not willing to do this, he needs to pick her as VP and let her be a powerful one.

by Anonymousreply 279May 24, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote]Every time joe opens his mouth, his polling plummets.

The solution is that Joe Biden need not open his mouth. Just continue to let Trump destroy himself.

by Anonymousreply 280May 24, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote]If Black people take the bait instead of shutting out the noise and voting their interests, Trump could make this easier to steal by making it close.

Black people won't take the bait but if a VP candidate has been screwing over the black community for decades and they're chosen it will hurt him as it should.

However, there are potential VP nominations that don't have Amy's problems with the African American community. Her record as a prosecutor (the same issue Kamala would have had if she continued on) will be under scrutiny from both sides. I imagine former law enforcement officer Val Demings would have the same problem.

Out of the top women whose names have been thrown around Stacey Abrams & Elizabeth Warren wouldn't have those issues and Elizabeth is the one who could potentially run the country since she has much more experience than Stacey. She is the safest bet all around that isn't an unknown.

by Anonymousreply 281May 24, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote]Her record as a prosecutor (the same issue Kamala would have had if she continued on) will be under scrutiny from both sides. I imagine former law enforcement officer Val Demings would have the same problem.

It’s surprising how the two prosecutors and the one cop being considered all have a “problem” with the African American community. Maybe it’s the African American community that has the problem with the amount of crime that it commits?

by Anonymousreply 282May 24, 2020 2:16 AM

If people really loved Elizabeth Warren that much she would have managed to win at least one primary contest. But she didn't - not even her own home state of Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 283May 24, 2020 2:27 AM

Warren is too old to be Joe Biden’s Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 284May 24, 2020 2:29 AM

r279 "Everyone who voted for Biden has Biden remorse."

Keep making shit up to fit your histrionic emotional needs, LOL. Biden is leading in every poll - something Bernie could never manage. You fringe left anarchists want a revolution - sorry, ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 285May 24, 2020 2:44 AM

r279 Show me where Joe's polls are plummeting, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 24, 2020 2:46 AM

No, she sucks.

by Anonymousreply 287May 24, 2020 2:51 AM

OK. I've been thinking about it. Here's my take...again. Because I keep changing or amending my views. I think Amy Klobuchar has do9ne much better in the final weeks of her candidacy than she did at first. She now seems ...likable.She was very nervous, awkward brittle, at first. But she is smart and she is capable. Personally, I hope she stays in the Senate. I'm sure that if she wanted something more Biden would give it to her. She can definitely help deliver the states he needs. Wisconsin, Michigan, PA. But I wonder if she'd have a dulling effect on other constituencies. I'm specifically talking about young people and people of color, both African Americans and Latinos.

Elizabeth Warren is hated and feared by corporate America and they would work very hard to stop her from getting too close to the Presidency. Don't underestimate the opposition to her. She has some powerful enemies out there. I've read in the past few days that she is "pivoting" softening and modifying some of her positions in order to make Joe Biden's advisors more comfortable with the idea of her on the ticket. But I don't know if she will be that convincing. I know George Bush had to do the same for Reagan.

Warren will bring in young people and working class people. She won't have a problem with minorities and she will bring in excitement. Problem is Elizabeth is 70. In 2024 she'll be 74 and if she were elected she'd be 75 when she took office as POTUS. Her age definitely militates against her. But she is IMO the strongest as between her and Amy.

Kamala Harris is exciting. She will bring in young people and she will bring in people of color. She has age on her side too. I think she is the best choice. She won't alienate the voters joe needs to win. I'd personally love Susan Rice but I don't think enough of the broader public is familiar with her. The Republicans will do their best to insure she is a polarizing figure. She is smart and tough and fearless. She certainly understands how it all works. I hope she is part of a Biden Administration, but I don't see her playing well in Michigan, Wisconsin, PA or Minnesota.

Joe is going to need everyone campaigning for him. Barack & Michelle certainly, but all the candidates who ran against him. Pete, Bernie, Julian Castro, all of them. We need to show a tough united front. Trump needs to understand that we are coming for him.

by Anonymousreply 288May 24, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]She will bring in young people and she will bring in people of color

She couldn't even do that for herself when she was running or else she wouldn't have run out of money. You're overestimating her appeal to people of color. She also won't help him at all in the states he needs.

[quote]If people really loved Elizabeth Warren that much she would have managed to win at least one primary contest. But she didn't - not even her own home state of Massachusetts.

I'm not that poster but this is silly.

It was a completely different set of circumstances. She always had high likability ratings and was the second choice for many of the voters. It would have been a very different story if Sanders wasn't in the contest.

If you favored a centrist you had multiple choices. If you favored a progressive you had two.

[quote] In 2024 she'll be 74 and if she were elected she'd be 75 when she took office as POTUS.

I am okay with anyone being VP except for Amy. However, Biden and many others see this simply as a transitional Presidency. It doesn't necessarily have to be the case that the VP is being groomed for the Presidency. They just want to put together a team that can put the country back on track. If Biden really cared about anything else he shouldn't have run at all.

by Anonymousreply 289May 24, 2020 4:13 AM

Well, the Republicans are hoping that if Biden wins he will be weak and he is definitely a one term POTUS. No matter who he chooses they are going to go for the jugular.

People seem to overlook the fact that there were more than two progressives on that stage. Kamala Harris was a M4A candidate. She has progressive positions on most issues. She kind of got drowned out by the noise of Bernie and Elizabeth and Pete. Elizabeth was damaged by BErnie being in the race. If he had not run, she probably would be the Nominee, not Bidne. Bernie and Elizabeth cancelled each other out. ...Almost by design.

by Anonymousreply 290May 24, 2020 4:23 AM

R275 - When Kamala dropped out, the writing was already on the wall for every candidate outside of Biden and Sanders. None of the others were ever going to come close to winning the nomination and would only effectively hurt one of the two major players. Harris saw that and did not want her name on any ballots - there was no point. She was polling at least as well as Amy (usually better). What she did was sad but realistic. Neither Amy or Pete had a chance in Hell. And Liz while stronger, wasn't going to get there either. Liz doesn't have many more chances to run at her age and her career will not suffer (while the future political careers of Kamala or Amy could have). Pete had nothing to loose and no chance of winning, but made a name for himself. No one knew he existed before the primaries. Every woman involved was unfairly given a short stick this year as this particular election is far to important to expect voters to take a chance on what has never been done before and polling showed that fear. A female VP will still be a first if Biden wins - at that is as progressive as anyone can hope for this time around. My vote is for Kamala, Liz or Amy - Kamala being the best choice as R288 stated. Liz is amazing but we have too much to lose with her Senate seat going GOP. Warren and Biden don't get along particularly well and have disparate views politically. Finally, she is not young enough to energize Biden's ticket. Amy is fine, but not inspiring in any way. Again, VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO. Biden's choice will not change that for me and I hope will not change that for you either.

by Anonymousreply 291May 24, 2020 6:27 AM

If he does not pick Elizabeth Warren, we will lose.

by Anonymousreply 292May 24, 2020 6:49 AM

[quote] Everyone who voted for Biden has biden remorse. They really want Elizabeth Warren.

This level of delusion is really quite amusing. “Everyone” does NOT have Biden remorse. That is nothing more than a fabrication. If people really wanted Warren, then they would have voted for her. They didn’t. That’s why she didn’t win a single primary. That’s why she came in third in her home state where she is the senior United States Senator.

[quote] Joe Biden could lose against Trump. Every time joe opens his mouth, his polling plummets.

More fantasy. You guys just make up this nonsensical fiction that is not even remotely accurate. Biden’s polling has not plummeted. He’s made gaffes. People roll their eyes. It’s who he is. Then they compare his verbal bloopers with what comes from the vile monster in the White House, and they decide they’re going to stick with him.

Even polling from Faux News shows the problem that tRump will have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 24, 2020 7:18 AM

I think Hillary Clinton lost for a reason that the Founding Fathers never predicted, that America would eventually become much less rural and the biggest population clusters would be in a few cities. Back in the day, the vast majority of Americans lived on farms and they didn’t plan for that to change so drastically.

So you have very large population clusters in small areas that are counted as a relatively small number of electoral college votes, while there are entire states that are basically empty parking lots that get more electoral college votes than they deserve, per capita. I don’t think they planned for that. And in the future, it could possibly get even worse. That’s not necessarily going to stop with Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 294May 24, 2020 7:28 AM

or = nor and to = too. Sorry about the grammar.

by Anonymousreply 295May 24, 2020 7:54 AM

Perhaps the political calculus has changed but I have always found this detail interesting, along with the fact that Barack Obama is also a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 24, 2020 8:51 AM

people are not going to risk their lives to vote for a Biden/Klobuchar ticket. I would risk my life to vote for Elizabeth Warren, in a heart beat. You need someone that inspires people. I cannot believe the DNC is shooting themselves in the foot again. People do not like corporate dems. DNC do you want to win? I cannot take Trump/Republicans for four more years.

by Anonymousreply 297May 24, 2020 11:35 AM

Well, get ready because the Republican smear machine is going into full gear now with RACIST JOE BIDEN. THey are going to use their Black surrogates and Black conservatives (yes there are Black conservatives) to go fo the jugular. They may not be able to convert anyone to support Trump. But that's not their goal. Their goal is to make African Americans feel guilty about supporting Biden, and to just get discouraged and stay home. Because if the Black vote is suppressed Trump wins. It's the Jujitsu strategy that Lee Atwater and Karl Rove practice so well: Take your opponent's strengths and use it against them.

by Anonymousreply 298May 24, 2020 1:36 PM

R298, I’m black and I’m telling you that won’t work. As much as the majority of black people love and respect the Obamas, Biden is virtually golden with us.

by Anonymousreply 299May 24, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] people are not going to risk their lives to vote for a Biden/Klobuchar ticket

You're not going to be risking your life. Stop it with that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 300May 24, 2020 3:44 PM

Kloubuchar's support is non existent within the African American community. And if she starts pandering to the community, it will be seen for what it is and nothing more. Remember her appeal to the Latinos with Elena? It became a joke.

She was given the opportunity to address her past record a few months back in interviews and on the debate stage, and she blew it. She could barely contain her rage and frustration at being questioned.

It's time to let the idea go. The overwhelming reaction has been negative.

It needs to be Warren.

by Anonymousreply 301May 24, 2020 3:58 PM

I can't stand Klobuchar. I find her very coarse and common.

by Anonymousreply 302May 24, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote] Nonwhites are not going to continue turning out simple to perpetuate the 2nd class citizenship that (via institutional racism) they have been handed.

Asians and Indians have a higher standard of living in the US than whites.

by Anonymousreply 303May 24, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote]Their goal is to make African Americans feel guilty about supporting Biden, and to just get discouraged and stay home.

It’s up to African Americans to show whether they are smart enough to not fall for this.

by Anonymousreply 304May 24, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]Also, Rice doesn't have much in the way of momentum currently - just a vague name from the past for most voters

VERY vague. I spoke with someone last who thought she wrote vampire novels.

by Anonymousreply 305May 24, 2020 4:45 PM

Klobuchar is a bad choice. She will not bring in the white voters Joe needs ands will repel black voters. Joe should choose a proven winner like Mayor Pete. That man came out of nowhere and became a top tier candidate.

by Anonymousreply 306May 24, 2020 4:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 24, 2020 4:46 PM

[quote]Kloubuchar's support is non existent within the African American community.

And so is Kamala’s, and so is Warren’s, and so are most of the people being considered.

[quote]And if she starts pandering to the community, it will be seen for what it is and nothing more.

She’s not going to pander. She’s going to talk about Joe Biden’s record and emphasize his strengths.

Where she is going to pander is to moderate Midwestern working-class voters and suburban women. That’s why Joe Biden would pick her...to capture these white voters. Biden already has black support.

by Anonymousreply 308May 24, 2020 4:49 PM

It will not be Pete unless he transitions.

by Anonymousreply 309May 24, 2020 4:50 PM

Pete will have a role in the administration, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 310May 24, 2020 4:55 PM

Yeah, because minorities are just drawn to mayor whitebread. Give it up. We don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 311May 24, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote] Joe should choose a proven winner like Mayor Pete.

He barely eked out a win in Iowa, and his support collapsed after New Hampshire. Plus, he’s not a woman, and Biden said he was going to pick a woman and is vetting only women. Pete will probably get some political appointment at either the Cabinet or sub-Cabinet level. But, he’s not going to be the VP.

by Anonymousreply 312May 24, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]She will not bring in the white voters Joe needs ands will repel black voters. Joe should choose a proven winner like Mayor Pete. That man came out of nowhere and became a top tier candidate.

Mayor PETE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAAHA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 313May 24, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote]And so is Kamala’s, and so is Warren’s, and so are most of the people being considered.

Warren is the number one choice for VP by African Americans. So whatever shortcomings she had during her Presidential run with the community don't matter anymore. She is the one they most want as VP. Plus, she can bring together the progressives and the moderate democrats in a way that no other candidate can. And the party needs to be unified first and foremost.

[quote]Where she is going to pander is to moderate Midwestern working-class voters and suburban women.

That was the whole point of Biden being nominated. Because he was the one who could bring in midwestern voters. It makes no sense to put Kloubuchar on the ticket when Biden can do her job, and do it much better.

by Anonymousreply 314May 24, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote]Warren is the number one choice for VP by African Americans.

I'd like to see a recent independent poll or two demonstrating this.

Otherwise, this statement is just wind.

by Anonymousreply 315May 24, 2020 7:35 PM

[quote]Warren is the number one choice for VP by African Americans.

Blacks love them some elderly white candidates.

by Anonymousreply 316May 24, 2020 8:12 PM

Biden fucked up majorly with his comments on breakfast club. Who is he to tell black folks that if they don’t vote for him, they’re not really black? He needs to pick a strong black VP to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 317May 24, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]I'd like to see a recent independent poll or two demonstrating this.

Did you just pull a, "link please" on Datalounge?

So someone can use Google, just like you can, and then when they do send you links ...

You will provide another hurdle for them to jump over?

Or just ignore it and make whatever point you want?

There have been articles and polls. Go find them your damn self.

by Anonymousreply 318May 24, 2020 8:57 PM

First, Biden is casting a wide net. His team even asked Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of NH if she'd submit to vetting, and she declined.

Second, who does Klobuchar think she is? If a man stood up there during those Democratic debates and shook like a leaf after reports that he threw shit at his staff, he'd have gotten the hook far earlier than Klobuchar did.

So she had a problem with Buttigieg. What did people like about Buttigieg? That he projected unflappable calm and sensibility (despite limited experience).

So did Amy Klobuchar try to do the same? No, she went out and trembled with rage that she wasn't getting "her turn" and wasn't being recognized for all the bills she co-sponsored (which, if they'd had a real effect on voters' lives, would be widely known, if she had half a PR team with a brain).

I hate to break it to the senator, but hundreds of people before her labored for decades in the House and Senate hoping to get the VP call, and 99% of those who made the shortlist didn't get it for some reason of optics. That's just reality.

by Anonymousreply 319May 25, 2020 9:43 AM

Joe Biden believes he is choosing the next POTUS. That is exactly what's in his mind. And he is picking someone who can be a real helpmate to him when he is POTUS. He wants someone who can handle the Senate and understands the rules and traditions. He wants someone who understands the role and function of every cabinet official. He wants someone who know WHY there are Inspectors General, and who understands and honors their oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States...preferably someone who doesn't make shit up as the go along.

IMO, Elizabeth, Susan Rice, Amy and Kamala fit the bill. Kamala Harris was a wonderful candidate, who suffered from a lack of funds and the ability to hire the best possible staff. This was her first outing on the national stage. Aside from her sister who is a very capable person, but who also has limitations, and a loyal band of followers Kamala didn't have the infrastructure of a national campaign staff, or operations, to carry herself forward. She is also a progressive who shares a lot of views very similar to Elizabeth Warren.

Elizabeth was harmed by Bernie. Plain and simple. She demonstrated a real ability to organize and mobilize. Her grassroots organizing was extremely effective. In fact it was pretty damned amazing. Very formidable. There were times she was too strident. Times she was intemperate in her attacks on corporate America, but overall she was pretty damned great as a candidate. Elizabeth would have to do a major re tooling and rein in some of her policy prescriptions to be VP. And she has some very powerful enemies. We don't need someone who is so far out there they kill the ticket.

Amy showed vast improvement over the weeks and months she was in. One thing that impressed me was her determination and her ability to grow and improve. There's a political agility one looks for in a candidate and she had it! (So did Pete. And Pete & Amy are very friendly and have done joint interviews since they dropped out) She's definitely a policy wonk.

Amy is the person you want on your team, whether she is VP or not. She is going to look at the details and contours of a problem and see angles you don't see. For Joe she would be invaluable. Does she have deficits? Yes. She has to reach out and be more open and aware in terms of the infrastructures of poverty and racism. Amy would have to move to the left. She'd have to work hard to prove herself. That is not a bad thing. Someone who is honest and open about their shortcomings and willing to do better is the kind of politician that is unfortunately, in short supply.

Susan Rice is a bad ass. She's not nearly as well known as the others. She is brilliant, articulate and tough. She would walk in knowing the foreign policy and the intelligence community and the State department inside out. After what Trump did with Pompeo's help, we would need someone like her. Absolutely. She is another one, that Joe needs on his team. If she is not chosen for VP.

by Anonymousreply 320May 25, 2020 12:20 PM

Klobuchar turns 60 today.

Wish her a happy birthday, Dataloungers!

by Anonymousreply 321May 25, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] Klobuchar turns 60 today. Wish her a happy birthday, Dataloungers!

Should we send staples?

by Anonymousreply 322May 25, 2020 3:55 PM

Let's eat salad with a comb in her honor. Her team better be working on how to own that.

by Anonymousreply 323May 25, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote]There have been articles and polls. Go find them your damn self.

There are not polls showing Elizabeth Warren is the #1 VP choice of African American voters. I tried.

by Anonymousreply 324May 25, 2020 7:49 PM

I’ve only seen a poll where Warren is tied for top choice of AA voters. And the top choice of Dem voters overall.

by Anonymousreply 325May 25, 2020 8:01 PM

Warren would have to really modify her positions. And her language choices were very inflammatory towards the corporations. She demonized them. And that was a strategically stupid thing to do. At least if she really wanted to be on the ticket. I just have a feeling a lot of the faux Bernie backers are now trying to propel a Warren VP nomination and I think it would be a mistake unless she gives a bunch of interviews rIGHT NOW repudiating some of the things she said. It will fuck her up with progressives and no one will believe she is credible. So I'm not sure it would be the smartest choice.

by Anonymousreply 326May 25, 2020 9:31 PM

Bernie Bros badmouthed Warren as long as Bernie was in the race. Now because he’s out, suddenly they claim she’s a substitute Bernie.

I wonder if Biden said he was picking a woman to shut up Bernie and his Bros.

by Anonymousreply 327May 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Warren is seen as Hillary 2.0 in the midwest, and we all know how well Hillary did there in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 328May 25, 2020 9:37 PM

[quote]Elizabeth would have to do a major re tooling and rein in some of her policy prescriptions to be VP.

So in other words she’d have to turn into Amy. Thanks, I’ll just go with Amy.

by Anonymousreply 329May 25, 2020 9:41 PM

[quote]Susan Rice is a bad ass. She's not nearly as well known as the others. She is brilliant, articulate and tough. She would walk in knowing the foreign policy and the intelligence community and the State department inside out.

Susan Rice is probably a good choice for Secretary of State. Someone like her who has never campaigned and never held elected office is not appropriate for Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 330May 25, 2020 9:43 PM

R324 is correct. There are no such polls.

by Anonymousreply 331May 25, 2020 9:45 PM

Here's one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 25, 2020 9:55 PM

That poll in R332 asked Democrats who they thought “is most ready to be President.”

As the oldest candidate, I’m not surprised most people answered Warren as “most ready.” I’m not convinced that means they actually want to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 333May 25, 2020 10:11 PM

r332 is not a poll of African Americans; it is a poll of likely Democratic voters, with an African American n that is too small to be replicable. This should not even have to be pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 334May 25, 2020 10:19 PM

The issue with the VP is it's going to be up to Pence to take her down. And he doesn't have it in him. The President and the PACs will be bashing Biden. The fact that it's a woman is going to be a fabulous debate. Liz and Kamala would be tough yet charming. I'm afraid that Amy - although I think she would be a great Veep, will come off without an iota of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 335May 25, 2020 10:19 PM

The poll in that Vox article shows that Warren is the fave pick, but then the breakdown by race shows that she is the top pick by Blacks, narrowly besting Kamala and Stacey Abrams

by Anonymousreply 336May 25, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote]top pick by Blacks

No. Read.

by Anonymousreply 337May 25, 2020 10:46 PM

Liz Warren is an electoral repellent.

by Anonymousreply 338May 25, 2020 10:47 PM

The poll published by Vox was conducted on April 26th. Things change, quickly.

by Anonymousreply 339May 25, 2020 11:39 PM

The poll published by Vox was conducted on April 26th. Things change, quickly.

by Anonymousreply 340May 25, 2020 11:39 PM

I don't think it'll be Warren. I think it'll be Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 341May 26, 2020 1:52 AM

I am eating pie in the sky. i hate her. Just pick Warren.

by Anonymousreply 342May 26, 2020 2:00 AM

Susan Rice will have a cabinet position, but not VP.

by Anonymousreply 343May 26, 2020 3:57 AM

Warren is too shrill. She's not presidential material. She belongs in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 344May 26, 2020 3:58 AM

Elizabeth Warren is the most qualified person in America to be US President. Everybody thinks this. Can we just have a capable person as president already?

Yes, joe biden drop out and endorse Elizabeth Warren. If you are not willing to do this, just pick her as VP. She is the most qualified. We need her. This is fucking serious, we are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 345May 26, 2020 4:06 AM

Apparently no Democrat thinks that because Warren LOST!

by Anonymousreply 346May 26, 2020 4:24 AM

Elizabeth Warren is asked to do the work that demands more intelligence. She is currently an US Senator and is a well respected one, which is an elected position. She is quite simply the most intelligent person in the room. We are in a serious crisis right now. The American people need her.

by Anonymousreply 347May 26, 2020 5:25 AM

The most intelligent person isn’t necessarily always the best one for the job. Being President is an executive-level position, and requires a lot of strategy, compromise, knowing how to make deals, and being able to read a room.

by Anonymousreply 348May 26, 2020 6:39 AM

You know pushing and insisting is a good way not to get picked. I supported Warren. Sent her money. I sent Amy and Kamala money too. And Pete. But now, looking at the landscape, and since events have unfolded that expose what the BErnie Bros are up to, I'm no longer on the Warren bandwagon.

Those on the Right would love for us to have someone on that ticket who is viewed as extreme by mainstream voters. Every single word Elizabeth said on the campaign trail would come back to haunt her and us. I admire her, but as Klobuchar said at one of the debates, "There's more than one way to do things Elizabeth..."

I'm hoping for Kamala. I will be happy to support and campaign for anyone Joe chooses. This is about getting rid of Trump. I'm not going to be sucked into some bullshit that is divisive and ends up discouraging turnout.

by Anonymousreply 349May 26, 2020 1:26 PM

R345 hard pass

by Anonymousreply 350May 26, 2020 2:06 PM

Biden may not want to touch anyone currently in the Senate. It might be better to go with Susan Rice and then later pull someone like Kamala out of the senate for AG.

by Anonymousreply 351May 26, 2020 3:55 PM

Susan Rice has resting bitch face, no personality and was known as an ineffective surrogate during the Obama administration. There is absolutely zero chance that she will be chosen, so stop mentioning her.

by Anonymousreply 352May 26, 2020 4:17 PM

R352 She is also a central figure in #Obamagate, which Trump is still trying to make happen..

by Anonymousreply 353May 26, 2020 5:54 PM

Susan Rice is not VP material. She's a worker bee.

by Anonymousreply 354May 26, 2020 6:52 PM

Purely going on optics, which I think will be highly relevant this election cycle:

1) Kamala has a prosecutorial demeanor on the national stage and is from California (which I think is a negative at this juncture). The Heartland crowd will be expecting one of their own. Plus, she comes across as somewhat focused and cool in demeanor.

2) Amy has a weird nervous tic which screams “insecure,” and when combined with the “rage” stories will remind voters of the current occupant of the White House.

3) Warren has the progressive bona fides, and looks somewhat like a spinster school marm, but her energy and appearance belie her true age. She can really get fired up and work a crowd, plus she’s got the warm, fuzzy suburban grandma chops.

4) Abrams. Not this time. The people will be expecting Oprah, but she doesn’t have that emotional connection, and that would hurt her (unfairly, obviously).

Cannot comment on Duckworth although she’s got a great story. She’s not been a big player nationally.

Voters want the equivalent of milk and cookies or Mac n cheese for this election - in other words, stability and security to contrast the chaos, spite, and upheaval of Trump. They should showcase a duo who make people feel positive and remind them of (not quite dead) American values of fairness, truth, and justice.

by Anonymousreply 355May 26, 2020 7:12 PM

Fuck and no.

by Anonymousreply 356May 26, 2020 7:15 PM

There are other options, Nina Turner, Oprah Winfrey

Maxine Waters would be great.

Sheila Jackson Lee could win Texas for us.

Carol Mosley Braun.

by Anonymousreply 357May 26, 2020 7:26 PM

At least half of the pro-Warren comments on this thread were made by the same person.

How many states did she win again?

by Anonymousreply 358May 26, 2020 9:53 PM

At least half of the pro-Warren comments on this thread were made by the same person.

How many states did she win again?

by Anonymousreply 359May 26, 2020 9:53 PM

Maxine Waters is 81. SJL is not likeable, has a high staff turnover, just no. CMB is 72, couldn't manage to get elected mayor of Chicago, and has been out of politics a while now.

by Anonymousreply 360May 26, 2020 9:58 PM

Nina Turner? Why not just put Bernie Sanders in a dress?

by Anonymousreply 361May 26, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote]There are other options, Nina Turner, Oprah Winfrey

No. Thee aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 362May 26, 2020 10:33 PM

R361, he'd look a helluva lot better than Nina.

by Anonymousreply 363May 26, 2020 11:27 PM

Elizabeth Warren has the best dog,, Bailey

. . . of the womens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 26, 2020 11:39 PM

[quote]There are other options, Nina Turner

Nina Simone, in her current state, would be a better option.

by Anonymousreply 365May 27, 2020 1:02 AM

r346, There were only two people with a path. People who wanted to vote for her made the choice to go with Biden because they did not want Bernie. Same problem that got the Republicans Trump. Too many candidates by the time voting started.

by Anonymousreply 366May 27, 2020 1:33 AM

I guess the awful story coming out of Minnesota is emerging at just the wrong time for Klobuchar. Didn't this happen in the same county she used to be chief prosecutor (or whatever) of?

Supporters of a black woman VP will make telling noises about how the VP pick will have to restore black Americans' faith in policing. That will in turn shine an uncomfortable spotlight on Klobuchar's record of miscarriages of justice. However, Harris is not ideally placed to capitalise. Does this benefit Warren?

Alternatively, what was Val Demings like as a police chief? Would she be in a position to craft a message on policing and racial injustice that could speak to black voters without alienating white suburbia?

by Anonymousreply 367May 27, 2020 3:53 AM

Didn't Warren's own state turn their ass on her?

by Anonymousreply 368May 27, 2020 4:04 AM

While in the running, Klobuchar was never the front runner by any stretch of the imagination. She has a great resume but her positives basically end there. Again, she is just fine but not dynamic in the slightest. The best thing that she did for herself is run in the primaries - otherwise, she would be as unknown as Duckworth who I prefer as a politician (but not as VP necessarily). I don't see this hurting Harris at all. Warren has too many issues to be chosen and we are all sick of listing them - namely age and her seat Senate seat going GOP.

by Anonymousreply 369May 27, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]and her seat Senate seat going GOP.

Not exactly. Due to Dem supermajority in MA legislature they can legislate same-party replacement for Warren's Senate seat.

by Anonymousreply 370May 27, 2020 4:39 AM

Did anyone see the interview Joe Biden just did with Dana Bash on CNN? Because if you didn't you should. When it comes to Black voters, Joe is just fine. No doubt in my mind he will keep that support no matter who he chooses. That's a fact. He was so genuine and so honest in that interview, and he was humble! He said he gets support because he tries to earn it. He works hard, takes nothing for granted.

So You know, no matter who he chooses there will be Barack, Michelle, Clyburn, Kamala, Val Demings, Hakeem Jeffries (my personal Hot Daddy) and Julian Castro, and Delores Huerta, and a shit ton of people of color campaigning for him. Period.

Dana quoted "Charlemagne da King" and Joe just smiled, unruffled, unbothered. He said he was definitely going to screw up and be gaffe prone. then he smiled about it. Look. Watch the interview. It's VERY reassuring. I loved the way he dismissed Trump, called him a fool. Wow . I mean Joe won't have to do much. Oh. And he looked relaxed. Like he's enjoying himself. Joe's SO Irish. Loves to talk. I wanted to hug him...and I am not a huge Biden fan. Joe's a provocateur, an agitator with nuance. He will do exactly what he needs to. YOu know what? Just remember. Biden has been in Public life for 47 years. He has been in the arena. So yeah, he wasn't always right. But I'm good. He's good.

by Anonymousreply 371May 27, 2020 1:08 PM

MA also has a law on the books that prevents "remainder of term" appointments in the case of vacancies. The governor can appoint someone to fill the seat, but there has to be a special election within a certain period of time for the remaining term. I think there may also be a proviso that prevents the temporary appointee from running for it.

They originally didn't allow gubernatorial appointments at all, but it was passed of Romney's veto because they didn't want him appointing himself had John Kerry won in 2004. The current rule came from after Ted Kennedy died, to allow the Democrats to keep their supermajority. Which unfortunately only lasted until Scott Brown won the special election.

by Anonymousreply 372May 27, 2020 2:34 PM

Sonny Hostin on The View said that Amy Klobuchar is a no go for blacks because of her prosecutorial record. Same problem with Harris.

by Anonymousreply 373May 29, 2020 12:36 AM

I think it will be Susan Rice. If something happened to Biden she’d have the requisite international experience to deal with bastards like Putin on Day 1.

by Anonymousreply 374May 29, 2020 12:55 AM

I suspect that the staplers are flying tonight.

She’s done.

Next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 29, 2020 1:09 AM

Yep, Klobuchar is toxic now if the report at R375 is right.

by Anonymousreply 376May 29, 2020 1:24 AM

She was likely out of the running anyway but this is the final nail in the coffin. She will 100% not be the VP.

by Anonymousreply 377May 29, 2020 1:28 AM

She's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 378May 29, 2020 2:48 AM

This leak was only ever to make is feel relieved--thankful, even--by whichever MUCH better person is selected.

by Anonymousreply 379May 29, 2020 3:20 AM

Apparently, at least according to this article, it was her successor who declined to prosecute Chauvin, not Swingline Susie. Nevertheless, she has been tainted.

Pick someone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 30, 2020 12:49 AM

Amy K is such an utter bore that she will inspire no one to vote for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 381May 30, 2020 3:05 AM

Presidential Democratic Nominees always go with a safe vp. Think Gore, Lieberman, Biden, Kaine. It will not be a revolutionary ticket. It will be something safe. And that's what we need to swing these judges our way

by Anonymousreply 382May 30, 2020 6:28 AM

You'd think being excited about getting Trump out of the White House would be enough but it won't be for some people.

Traditionally the VP is a safe choice as you said R382 but Biden generates the same amount of excitement as dishwater. He's not a President that people may want to trek to whatever open voting center is left in their town and wait for hours and hours to vote for on the one voting machine that works.

Getting a VP that energizes people might be necessary this time around as well as someone who can do the work when he can't. If that person already has a name and a rep that people recognize that might make up for some of his shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 383June 3, 2020 9:02 AM

Like hell !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 3, 2020 9:46 AM

luckily now Karine Jean-Pierre in his camp, I don't think Biden will go with Klobuchar anymore. That would be a horrible pick at this time

by Anonymousreply 385June 3, 2020 9:48 AM

Biden will be auditioning Warren this Thursday on "The Last Word" on MSNBC. Just like a couple weeks ago with Abrams

by Anonymousreply 386June 3, 2020 9:49 AM

We can still lose this thing. Yes, with Russian help, but also with people who stay home. And here's why. Race is still the "3rd rail" in American politics. Trump is counting on a backlash. Counting on one. To the degree Joe makes race the central issue in his campaign he will risk losing. Those white people he needs won't be there for him. They won't necessarily go for Trump. Not at all. But they may stay home.

Yes most decent Americans were shocked by George Floyd's murder. By Amaud Arberey's shooting and by the police kicking the doors and shooting a nurse who was asleep in her own home. Americans were also shocked at the health disparities that were uncovered during this pandemic. But a lot of white Americans are still afraid of "crime" and they still associate African Americans with violent crime. Also, because of the pandemic, a lot of people are hurting financially. Housing, employment, etc are huge issues. While those issues affect Blacks disproportionately they also affect non Blacks.

Trump has gone full on Nixon/Hitler. That's his strategy. He wants to signal his evangelicals and his racist supporters he is still with them, but he is also talking about being a "get tough" Law & Order...which is laughable...and he will exploit the economic insecurity he caused by making sure people who get "special treatment" are hurting "good Americans." His strategy is transparent. I hope Biden has a better counter strategy.

My Aunt Lou was supportive of the marchers until she realized her favorite Kroger and her favorite Target were looting and burned less than a mile from her house. Then she got pissed. Now she is like, "They're ALL to blame." She wants them jailed. She said the cops beating on demonstrators were afraid the demonstrators had knives and guns, so she could understand their reaction. She also said the cops were outnumbered so she defended the abuse. Face it. some White Americans will only go so far. We won't cure racism over night, but we have a ton of work to do.

by Anonymousreply 387June 3, 2020 3:22 PM

Truthfully, Warren or Harris would be the best choices.

by Anonymousreply 388June 3, 2020 3:22 PM

Didn’t Klobuchar jump in yesterday, ahead of the Prosecutor, to announce that the other officiers in the George Floyd murder, were going to be charged? It was t her place to do so, or was it? It seemed like a desperate move, to me.

I think both Klobuchar and Kampala Harris are unlivable people. I hope Biden picks Warren or Demings.

by Anonymousreply 389June 4, 2020 8:57 AM

[quote]Trump and Pence will win if she's Joe's #2.

PLEASE. Nobody gives a shit about Amy Klobuchar. Either you want Trunk for another 4 years OR you don't. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 390June 4, 2020 9:03 AM

[quote]I think both Klobuchar and Kampala Harris are unlivable people. I hope Biden picks Warren or Demings.

Warren is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 391June 4, 2020 11:57 AM

Warren is the absolute wrong choice for many reasons but particularly at this moment when we need diversity on the ticket,

by Anonymousreply 392June 4, 2020 12:01 PM

Gurls, pleeze! The reason Ellison had Amy announced the charges was to stay ahead of the voters of Minnesota, because she has to run f or re-election eventually (four years from now) and she wants to be present. She wants to stand with the people on the right side of this issue. All politics is local. She has a lot of support in Minnesota, and she always makes sure she does her due diligence. People there like her and respect her even when they disagree with her.

by Anonymousreply 393June 4, 2020 1:46 PM

Is Demings in her second two-year term in the Hosue?

by Anonymousreply 394June 4, 2020 2:53 PM

Yes. She had also run unsuccessfully in 2012, but that was before redistricting came though with a more Democratic district. She crushed both elections.

by Anonymousreply 395June 4, 2020 3:15 PM

Just from a tactical point of view, Biden doesn't need Klobuchar. Her claim is that she can "bring the moderate midwestern voters". Biden himself has that appeal. He needs someone more to the left.

by Anonymousreply 396June 4, 2020 5:06 PM

I'm tellin' ya. Elizabeth.Warren.

by Anonymousreply 397June 4, 2020 5:10 PM

I've honestly never figured out why people don't seem to think Elizabeth Warrant wouldn't be VASTLY more effective as Senate Majority Leader. Sure, Chuck has the job now...but that could and SHOULD change.

Can you explain, R397? Why VP instead?

by Anonymousreply 398June 4, 2020 5:17 PM

Warren would be fine as Majority Leader. I don’t think she’s the right choice for VP. My preference is for Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 399June 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Nope. Senate Majority Leader ought to be Klobuchar. She'd be way more effective than CHuckie.

by Anonymousreply 400June 4, 2020 8:06 PM

Warren is never going to be an effective VP. She'll think she's in charge and set her own agenda and go rogue all the time. She doesnt want to play second fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 401June 4, 2020 10:24 PM

“The reason Ellison had Amy announced the charges was to stay ahead of the voters of Minnesota, because she has to run f or re-election eventually“

This is so not what happened. Amy learned about the charges from the local paper which broke the story based on unnamed sourcing. She tweeted it first without credit but later linked to the Star Tribune story and her staff tweeted that’s where she learned of it.

There’s no love between Amy and Ellison. He backed Sanders over her. And he’s on the ballot for 2 years while her race is still four years away. I think Amy just wanted people to think she’s somehow involved with the prosecution. Tacky as usual.

by Anonymousreply 402June 4, 2020 10:30 PM

Warren will have her audition tonight with Biden on The Last Word

by Anonymousreply 403June 5, 2020 12:50 AM

Am I the only one who sees Faye Dunaway playing Joan Crawford when I see Kamala Harris?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 5, 2020 2:02 AM

[quote]I've honestly never figured out why people don't seem to think Elizabeth Warrant wouldn't be VASTLY more effective as Senate Majority Leader.

We're not just looking for a VP here in a normal run of the mill election.

We're looking for a VP here that has a high possibility of becoming the President during the next four years.

If the person has to be a woman then it also has to be a woman that the majority of the people in America would be fine with in that role and who can handle it.

And right now Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris are the two the fit the bill since Amy's past will always haunt her in a racially divided country.

I'd say that Elizabeth's financial background and her masterful dispatch of Bloomberg gives her the edge.

Ignore Twitter. You don't need a black VP to "satisfy black people" who literally just helped nominate a white candidate because Kamala and Corey weren't good enough to even pass Warren, Sanders and Biden with their support.

If some of the people on Twitter lived more in the realm of reality they would have realized it was going to be Biden no matter what they thought.

by Anonymousreply 405June 5, 2020 2:53 AM

I guess the Biden/Warren appearance has been rescheduled given the news this week. Makes sense

by Anonymousreply 406June 5, 2020 3:03 AM

[quote]Senate Majority Leader ought to be Klobuchar.

More anti-gay judges, Mommy, more!

by Anonymousreply 407June 5, 2020 3:14 AM

elizabeth warren. She is actually more qualified to be president than biden. We are in fucking serious trouble. She need her.

by Anonymousreply 408June 5, 2020 10:31 AM

She need her.

by Anonymousreply 409June 5, 2020 11:20 AM

An all-White ticket right now is tone deaf

by Anonymousreply 410June 5, 2020 2:53 PM

Elizabeth Warren does well with Black voters. Her problem is the business community and the financial services industry. THey hate her. And they will move heaven and earth to stop her from getting anywhere near the WH. She made ing the campaign, and some very inflammatory statements during the campaign and even before it, and there was no love lost between her and the Obama people when he was POTUS. She's a fighter.I love her. But choosing Warren will be no less divisive than choosing Klobuchar. They both have a down side. Maybe Whitmer and Riche deserve a second look. Trouble is, we really need Michigan to stay Democratic after 8 years of Republican domination of that state. The GOP gave us the Flint cover up. Look. We almost need a spread sheet to list out the costs and the benefits of choosing each one of these.

by Anonymousreply 411June 5, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote] Elizabeth Warren does well with Black voters.

Not really.

by Anonymousreply 412June 5, 2020 3:40 PM

Biden says he’ll announce his decision at the beginning of August.

So we’ve got two more months of Warren — no, Harris — no, Demmings — no, Abrams . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 413June 5, 2020 4:46 PM

Gretchen Whitmer, Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar will not be replaced by Republicans if they are nominated.

by Anonymousreply 414June 5, 2020 6:56 PM

Warren wouldn't be either. First because the MA legislature has a Democratic supermajority that could force through a law requiring a same-party appointment, but even without that, any gubernatorial appointment is only temporary until a special election can be called. It has to be held within a certain period of time after the vacancy is declared.

by Anonymousreply 415June 5, 2020 7:04 PM

Biden should make Warren Treasury Secretary

by Anonymousreply 416June 5, 2020 7:06 PM

Biden needs to wait, until the last possible second to reveal the VP. Trump has a war chest, unlimited money to attack the ticket. Keeping them guessing and keeping Trump unhinged is better.

Remember,, the Dems are saying it will be a brokered convention. This is Bernie Sanders helping Biden. After the President is selected between them and the policy platform set, then the VP is selected. The last possible second the Presidential ticket is revealed.

Bernie Sanders is saying that he and his policy advisors are helping Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 417June 5, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote]Remember,, the Dems are saying it will be a brokered convention. This is Bernie Sanders helping Biden.

Ummm, how do you figure that? Biden has enough delegates, or soon will, to get the nomination outright. Bernie Sanders has no input into anything.

by Anonymousreply 418June 5, 2020 10:35 PM

[quote] the Dems are saying it will be a brokered convention

No one is saying that. At least not anyone who knows what they are talking about.

One of the reasons — among several — that I don’t favor Warren is that she is 70 years old. Yeah, she looks decent, but she’s still 70. I’m not sure why we need to run two people in their seventies. Biden is picking the person who will run in four years if he keeps his promise to get rid of tRump and serve only one term. She’d be 74 years old then. Yes, younger than Biden is now by a few years, but still, can’t he pick someone a bit younger to usher in a new generation taking over?

by Anonymousreply 419June 6, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]Remember,, the Dems are saying it will be a brokered convention.

Biden needs 21 more delegates to have the nomination on the first ballot.

Keep dreaming, Bros.

by Anonymousreply 420June 6, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote]Biden should make Warren Treasury Secretary

I support that! We need new MA blood in the Senate!

by Anonymousreply 421June 6, 2020 2:48 AM

I think Tammy Duck worth would me a great Sec of defense

by Anonymousreply 422June 6, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote]Remember,, the Dems are saying it will be a brokered convention.

Imma correct myself. Joe Biden has now crossed the threshold. He has 1993 delegates. We're done here.

by Anonymousreply 423June 6, 2020 3:03 AM

Bernie Sanders is helping Joe Biden against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 424June 6, 2020 3:25 AM

Any hope for a brokered convention died tonight. Joe Biden has officially clinched the nomination getting more than the required 1991 delegates . It's over.

Bernie may have 1000 delegates, but all they can do is stand in line to take turns kissing BErnie's ass....Ewww!

by Anonymousreply 425June 6, 2020 4:14 AM

I am saying bernie sanders is helping joe biden Against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 426June 6, 2020 5:25 AM

[quote]Bernie Sanders is helping Joe Biden against Trump.

Bernie Sanders isn’t doing shit. He’s a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 427June 6, 2020 7:32 AM

If she's the VP, the country is going to hell in a cuntbasket

by Anonymousreply 428June 6, 2020 8:53 AM

I still hate her.

by Anonymousreply 429June 8, 2020 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!