Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Latest fake Trumptard talking point

Being circulated. Just saw a wingnut passing it off on another site.

“Spoke with a friend of mine who works in DC. He is sick to his stomach every day he goes to work. He said Democrat congress members are literally giddy with the results the virus is having on the economy.

They eagerly compare unemployment and market numbers every morning in the halls, offices and over phone conferences, laughing and mocking Trump as they watch the economy he built crumble. They are actually excited about what the virus is doing to America during an election year and the opportunities it presents to go after Trump.

He said that their intention is to drag the shutdown out as long as possible in order to crash the economy (Trumps strength) right before the election to make Trump look bad. He said Pelosi is ordering/threatening Democratic state governors to keep their states shutdown as long as possible assuring them they will be rewarded when they take the Senate and White House. All at the expense of America.

This isn’t rumor or opinion; this is happening.”

#Eyeswideopen

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2020 4:12 PM

I’m a lifelong Democrat and liberal. I take NO joy to see folks out of work or sick. I want a vaccine ASAP. He just wants to demonize and decide. He is truly a most horrible human being.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2020 9:39 PM

So what, fuck 'em! They suffer from TIS -- Trump Idolatry Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2020 9:40 PM

“the economy he built“

The entire premise here is a huge lie.

FF OP.

We don’t need to know every thought his neighbor has.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2020 9:43 PM

FF OP? What for R3? Let's FF R3.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2020 9:44 PM

FFs for everyone!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2020 9:45 PM

He never did squat to help the economy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2020 9:45 PM

OP has ZERO POSTING HISTORY.

Hmmmmmm....

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2020 9:47 PM

Yeah I do dipshit R7. I started several threads. Home Town being just one.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2020 9:50 PM

I'm a liberal. I live in NYC. You think I enjoy watching my city suffer? You think I enjoy living in "Chernobyl"? You think I enjoy watching my financially-successful city go to hell?

The only thing in which I will take joy is if I could watch every fucking Republican drop dead. Worthless party of cunts who know how to start wars based on lies and run through a surplus a DEMOCRAT LEFT THEM as they claim "fiscal responsibility" horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2020 9:51 PM

What is going on in NY R9? We dont get much news here about you guys.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2020 9:54 PM

I agree with R1.

I'm as far left on the political spectrum as they come and I would LOVE for this whole thing to be over.

I'm retiring at the end of May and would love nothing more than for the market to soar so my investments go up, for everything to reopen so I can travel again, and oh yeah, for people stop getting sick and dying, because, as a good liberal, I care about people I'll never meet.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2020 9:55 PM

This really sucks for retirement age workers. I know some who were getting ready and lost almost everything in their 401s.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2020 10:01 PM

HAHAHA! The party who is encouraging and guilt-tripping people to let Grandma, grandpa and their vulnerable loved ones die for Trump's Re-election Economy is claiming that?

HAHAHAHA! They can FUCK RIGHT OFF with that shit. FOAD

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2020 10:02 PM

R10, people are actually starting to go out more. The traffic headed towards SI was insane. Businesses that are non-essential are starting to open and cops won't enforce closure. I think people have had enough. I go out with mask/gloves. Many assholes don't abide by SD, but people still keep their distance in stores for the most part although I dealt with a cunt the other day at CVS who saw the marker on the floor and ignored it and was right behind me (no mask). I couldn't say anything because she looked menacing if I'm going to be honest - like she wanted me to say something specifically so she could fuck with me.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2020 10:09 PM

Some of that's no doubt true. It's politics and I think there is glee on the part of some over the tanked economy and numbers of deaths. Doesn't surprise me. Let's be real.

But he loses his argument with "He said Pelosi is ordering/threatening Democratic state governors to keep their states shutdown as long as possible assuring them they will be rewarded when they take the Senate and White House. " I mean...c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote] He just wants to demonize and decide.

Decide what?

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2020 10:13 PM

Ok so pretty much the same as here and I've had a few rude assholes ignoring SD too. If you say something I'm sure we would get the horseshit about liberties and freedom and 'murica.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2020 10:17 PM

It's projection as usual. It's how they would react if this were Obama - it's why they've spent years trying to make "Benghazi" a thing when they ignore the Iraq war and never called of for those GOP heads.

We didn't need a fucking virus to know Trump IS one. And the fact is that he has not in any way been beneficial to actual working people -including the white morons who worship him. So WTF were they going to vote for him again? Based on what? That he hates brown people? Like that would've suddenly put more money in their pockets when the first four years hadn't?

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2020 10:18 PM

I was rooting for a recession months ago because I figured we were due for one anyway and wanted it to happen on Trump's watch, but I certainly wasn't wishing for this.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2020 10:36 PM

Ridiculous. No one would ever cheer for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2020 10:38 PM

You mean Democrats are doing exactly what conservative Republicans were doing when Obama was President, how dare they.

Moscow Mitch = my number one goal is to make sure Obama is a one term President.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote] to make Trump look bad.

but he does such a great job of that all by himself.

I seem to remember Trump's claim 'I Alone Can Fix It'

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Yeah I want this to be over as well. I have an elderly mother who I want to spend time with because I know there isn't much left. And I want to travel and be close to people again without masks.

But I live right outside of NYC and I am treasuring the cleaner fresher air. It really has a sense of the miraculous. I have never experienced this in my environment where I have lived for decades. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the air hasn't been this clean in this town in over 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2020 10:49 PM

So much fun for those of us who know people who've died, including family. This is all about "owning Trump" for us, right? Isn't that how the cockroaches on the right think? They're the ones willing to sacrifice people's lives. We can't even see doctors here. My mom has dementia and she's in pain. Countless appts cancelled. You think this shit is about getting some french manicure for us and it's OK if the economy tanks? You think I like passing by local hospitals and seeing gigantic tractor trailers outside waiting for bodies?

WTF would we cheer this on? Fuck Republicans who undoubtedly would cheer this on if it were Obama. Fuck them to hell with a rusty, burning pike.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2020 1:25 AM

Lifelong liberal here who hates that fake Trumptard!

I just think all Democratic congressmen should reside in gas chambers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2020 1:39 AM

Mmmkay R25.

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote] WTF would we cheer this on?

See R19,

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2020 1:48 AM

R27, no one would cheer on a VIRUS killing thousands of people for a recession including R19. Who in the hell was "giddy" over what is going on right now?

R19 wrote: [quote]but I certainly wasn't wishing for this.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote] This really sucks for retirement age workers. I know some who were getting ready and lost almost everything in their 401s.

If that is the case then they panicked and sold when the market fell off a cliff in March.

Between Dec 31, 2019 and March 31, 2020 my portfolio dropped 13%, but it recovered significantly in April and continues to do so in May, bringing me almost back to where it was at the end of the year, 2019.

My colleague was on the phone in February in March exhorting anyone who would listen to him to sell everything and convert to cash, so I presume he lost a lot. I'm sticking with my long-term, balanced portfolio. We'll see who ends up better off.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2020 4:07 PM

Why doesn't this thread get F&F'd when the following thread was doing the exact, same thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2020 6:20 PM

Pelosi has zero power/pull over state governors.

Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote] My colleague was on the phone in February in March exhorting anyone who would listen to him to sell everything and convert to cash

R29, was it February or March? It makes a huge difference. if your colleague was telling people to sell in February when the market was at a record high, he's a genius. It he was telling them to sell in March when it was at a record low, then he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote] was it February or March? It makes a huge difference. if your colleague was telling people to sell in February when the market was at a record high, he's a genius. It he was telling them to sell in March when it was at a record low, then he's an idiot.

I should've been more specific. It was the last week in February when I overheard him telling everyone to get out, Then in March he was bragging how smart he was to have gotten out since the market continued to drop. We haven't been in the office since March 20 so I have no idea what he's up to now.

All I know is that I held tight and my portfolio has come back to where it was at the end of December.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2020 3:21 AM

If it was the last week in February then he has a right to brag, big time.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote]They eagerly compare unemployment and market numbers every morning in the halls, offices and over phone conferences, laughing and mocking Trump as they watch the economy he built crumble.

Sure, Boris.

Sure.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2020 4:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!