Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

13 Reasons Why: The Final Season

Will DL Fave Miles finally come out now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152Last Monday at 9:45 PM

Good lord. This whole series should have been a 90 minute movie.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2020

Yay! This delightful clusterfuck of a show is back.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2020

I know what you did last semester!

by Anonymousreply 3Last Friday at 2:49 PM

Miles needs to score the triple before he comes out.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Friday at 2:54 PM

Who knew How To Get Away With Murder was doing a highschool spin off.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Friday at 3:03 PM

Hanna is spinning in her grave!

by Anonymousreply 6Last Friday at 3:05 PM

I'm excited about Deaken Bluman, he's hot!

by Anonymousreply 7Last Friday at 3:05 PM

What about Barbera?

by Anonymousreply 8Last Friday at 3:05 PM

I bet Dylan Minnette has a tight pink hole

by Anonymousreply 9Last Friday at 3:10 PM

R9 Because he's straight...

by Anonymousreply 10Last Friday at 3:14 PM

Thank goodness this is the final season, the cast has reached that inevitable point where it is laughable they are supposed to be highschoolers.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Friday at 3:17 PM

R11 That never stopped the other shows.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Friday at 3:23 PM

I live on Mare Island in Vallejo CA where this was filmed, and while it was fun having them all here, it became almost as tiresome as the show. But the sale of everything from the sound stages was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Friday at 3:57 PM

R13 Did you encounter any of the cast?

by Anonymousreply 14Last Friday at 4:09 PM

Will that gay boy from last season avenge the death of his rapist lover?

by Anonymousreply 15Last Friday at 4:13 PM

[Quote] But the sale of everything from the sound stages was amazing.

Does this mean the show is over for good?

by Anonymousreply 16Last Friday at 4:15 PM

R16 - what do you not get about "final" season?

by Anonymousreply 17Last Friday at 4:19 PM

They could have a spin off (Archie Bunker's place etc.)

by Anonymousreply 18Last Friday at 4:21 PM

R18 Netflix might as well start a new show with some of the popular actors from this show. I don't think they can milk the 13RW any further without making a mockery of it all.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Friday at 5:01 PM

Bit late for that.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Friday at 5:06 PM

[quote] Will that gay boy from last season avenge the death of his rapist lover?

Yes. The same guy who beat the shit out of him. This show is majorly fucked up and its gay storylines are borderline homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Friday at 5:19 PM

The actor who plays Tony always seems like he's going to catch Gay from having to kiss guys.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Friday at 5:21 PM

R21 What do you expect? The real world is still more than borderline homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Friday at 5:23 PM

R23 This show has a MASSIVE teenage fan base. It’s really reprehensible for them to do a whole storyline about a gay guy obsessed with avenging the death of a closeted guy who not only beat the shit out of him, but also violently raped another male student.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Friday at 5:26 PM

R24 But that reflects the situation of being gay in a homophobic world. Gays end up hankering for the "straight-acting" jocks who abuse gays because of their own internalized hate. The whole 13RW theme is about how the fucked up state of society affects/kills teenagers not sweet highschool romance.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Friday at 5:34 PM

[Quote] Gays end up hankering for the "straight-acting" jocks who abuse gays because of their own internalized hate.

Don't I know it.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Friday at 5:36 PM

R13 what did you buy?

by Anonymousreply 27Last Friday at 5:59 PM

R24 don't forget the kinda borderline forced blowjob. Because when straight kids to it it's rape. But gay teens are just naturally kinky like that.

You just know they'll try to "redeem" Monty like they did Bryce.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Friday at 6:06 PM

R13 Any cast stories?

by Anonymousreply 29Last Friday at 6:19 PM

Will Christian Navarro finally come out?

by Anonymousreply 30Last Friday at 6:20 PM

R30 Typical. There is no shortage of gay actors on this show but of course DL only cares about fantasizing that one of the straight ones is gay.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Friday at 6:24 PM

R31 The more the merrier!

by Anonymousreply 32Last Friday at 6:32 PM

R28 Monty was a lost cause in many ways because he himself has lost hope for himself. But at least Winston gave him some hot consensual gay sex before he went!

by Anonymousreply 33Last Friday at 6:57 PM

They did have a hot gay sex scenes. Of course, the relationship would never get off the ground with Monty as damaged as he was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34Last Friday at 10:07 PM

Will the annoying all-knowing Ani be back?

by Anonymousreply 35Last Saturday at 12:53 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Overwrought high-school angst portrayed by actors in their mid 20s. Call me when the hot guys are fucking.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Saturday at 2:35 AM

Hmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37Last Saturday at 2:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38Last Saturday at 2:57 AM

There should have been a Locke & Key and 13 Reasons Why crossover...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39Last Saturday at 3:08 AM

r28 I'm not sure you can redeem someone after you've shown them raping someone with a mop for two entire minutes... What am I saying it's 13RW. We'll probably get the entire season with his ghost wandering around talking about the horrific abuse he got as a child.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Saturday at 3:18 AM

Some of you are upset that a show doesn't have some Disney movie two dimensional villains? Newsflash, even people who do horrible acts have their good qualities. People, and life in general, aren't black and white.

On a list of things to complain about with this dumb little show, that is not one.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Saturday at 3:43 AM

I forget—who killed whatshisname?

by Anonymousreply 42Last Saturday at 3:53 AM

[quote] show doesn't have some Disney movie two dimensional villains

You think the villains in 13RW are nuanced? My biggest problem with with this show is it sets up people as absolutely evil and immoral then shoves some half assed rehabilitation in to "save" them at the end. Bryce spends 2 whole seasons as the spawn of Satan with an actual rape shack, then once he's good as dead they try to make him seem less bad. If they didn't want to make 2 dimensional villains they should probably have tried to give them an actual personality beyond "gee I sure do love rape" before deciding to kill them off.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Saturday at 3:55 AM

Alex r42, Miles Heizers' character.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Saturday at 3:56 AM

The only one I can truly see having career longevity after this is Brandon Flynn - he’s the most natural on screen.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Saturday at 7:23 AM

Hopefully he won't be swallowed into the Ryan Murphy universe.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Saturday at 7:27 AM

I've only seen Brandon Flynn's work in this show, but I agree he is easily the best actor out of the young cast.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Saturday at 7:27 AM

Dylan Minnette works a lot.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Saturday at 7:30 AM

I think the kid who plays Tyler - Devin Druid - is the strongest in the cast, but he also has the most dramatically challenging storyline. He’s also the youngest of all the actors so it’s doubly impressive. He seems to be booking a lot of indie films so I hope he blows up.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Saturday at 7:54 AM

R49 Devin is too odd-looking to get lead roles, though. Dylan is more like the average white guy protagonist HW likes, which is why he's the lead in 13RW.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Saturday at 8:01 AM

R37 R38 LOL Those do look like stills from a gay teen romance or slasher movie.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Saturday at 8:03 AM

[quote] The only one I can truly see having career longevity after this is Brandon Flynn - he’s the most natural on screen.

Of all the actors on the show, he works the least. Katherine Langford, Alisha Boe, Christian Navarro, and even Miles have booked movies during the show breaks.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Saturday at 8:06 AM

[Quote] Devin is too odd-looking to get lead roles, though

There are always exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Saturday at 8:07 AM

And why did Alex kill Bryce?

by Anonymousreply 54Last Saturday at 8:51 AM

Watch for yourself r54.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55Last Saturday at 8:57 AM

LOL if I were Miles Heizer I would have done everything in my power to get out of my contract after that scene. How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Saturday at 8:59 AM

Miles Heizer is not a good actor and should thank his lucky stars he got this job.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Saturday at 9:00 AM

[quote]Netflix might as well start a new show with some of the popular actors from this show. I don't think they can milk the 13RW any further without making a mockery of it all.

Rumor has it that Netflix is already planning a crossover with the cast.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Saturday at 9:02 AM

R57 Maybe Connor will cast him in one of his projects one day since he's a director. Miles doesn't seem that into acting though, it seems like he does it because it's all he's ever done.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Saturday at 9:03 AM

[Quote] Rumor has it that Netflix is already planning a crossover with the cast.

A 13RW/Love Boat crossover?

by Anonymousreply 60Last Saturday at 9:05 AM

Does anyone know when the 5th season of “Degrassi, the next class” will be out on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 61Last Saturday at 9:12 AM

A quarter past never. They passed on making more.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Saturday at 9:29 AM

Katherine Langton was the best of this cast. I stopped watching midway in season 3. Ani just didn't make sense to me and didn't feel organic to the story line. Season 3 moved so slow, I stopped before the payoff, which sounds pretty good. Was Bryce blackmailing Monty about the gay secret and then Monty killed him allegedly?

by Anonymousreply 63Last Saturday at 9:46 AM

Monty didn’t kill him. The actual murderers framed him because they knew he was a violent rapist.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Saturday at 10:25 AM

They framed him because he was dead 64. "Let the dead bury the dead" was the exact quote.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Saturday at 10:46 AM

Thanks, R64/R65

by Anonymousreply 66Last Saturday at 10:58 AM

I see. Alex killed Bryce because Bryce hurt everyone he loves. Very compelling.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Saturday at 11:29 AM

Tommy posted. Is he in the final season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68Last Saturday at 2:21 PM

I know Tommy and his husband have an open marriage, but are he and Brandon a thing?

by Anonymousreply 69Last Saturday at 2:23 PM

r50 Devin could play Elliott Smith in a very depressing biopic.

I agree with whoever said Miles cant act.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Saturday at 2:32 PM

R68 Yes, Tommy was spotted filming a cameo in the final season.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Saturday at 2:38 PM

I imagine they will have everyone make some cameo appearance since it is the final season.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Saturday at 2:42 PM

Likely including Hannah's ghost.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Saturday at 2:43 PM

I actually think Miles is a pretty great actor, but he certainly has a very specific energy as a person that does carry into all of his work. He doesn’t have terrific range in what he can play, but what he does is generally done well (but much more grounded than most).

I also think he’s done a disservice by being put into all these straight roles. He’s one of those who pings from space, so every time his supposed straightness is referenced it’s very jarring (which makes him look bad in turn). They really need to just bite the bullet and let his character be lgbtq. He’d have been a much better choice for a gay storyline than Monty was.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Saturday at 2:51 PM

[Quote] he certainly has a very specific energy as a person that does carry into all of his work.

RuPaul said much the same thing on his podcast. He told Miles to look at Anthony Perkins' ouevre.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Saturday at 2:56 PM

I thought, despite the small part, he had a lot of screen presence in Love, Simon. Although we're supposed to wonder if his character is gay (and he was bi in the book), so it works.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Saturday at 2:57 PM

Miles was also good on Parenthood, he is performance was always very soulful and he’s a very natural crier (he cried a lot). I remember thinking he was a very dreamy teen.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Saturday at 3:06 PM

Russell Tovey loves to cry a lot as well. Maybe it's a gay boy thing.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Saturday at 3:16 PM

R76 I actually think Love, Simon is a great example, because he’s not in it much but does have a ton of presence (and a bunch of people wanted him as Blue for good reason). I think a lot of why he’s so effective in that part is that we’re led to believe he may be gay and Miles knew the character was bi (and played him like he was even if they cut anything that would have made that clear).

by Anonymousreply 79Last Saturday at 3:18 PM

R77 Yeah, his storyline with the deadbeat dad was one of the most effective parts of the Parenthood pilot, and he carried his character's heartbreak around the abortion storyline really well. He otherwise always felt like one of the more real characters on that show to me, just because he's got this anxious but low-key energy I feel like I see all the time in the real world but not a lot on tv

by Anonymousreply 80Last Saturday at 3:23 PM

Uh oh, I riled all the Miles fangurls.

Sorry, I've been watching him act for three seasons of this show and I don't think he is good at it. Having "presence" for a minute cameo is not a doing dramatic character arc like he has been called upon to do in this show.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Saturday at 3:27 PM

R67 for what it’s worth, he also killed Bryce because Bryce was a total dumbass douchebag who manipulated Alex into helping him up so he wouldn’t freeze to death, only to immediately start threatening both Jess and Zach.

Alex also has a TBI, a history of uncontrollable outbursts of rage because of that TBI, and was using steroids at the time (which I think make both those things worse). And Bryce knew all of that. It’s kind of hilarious really.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Saturday at 3:32 PM

His character on this show sucks, it’s not his fault the writing is absolute garbage. Even an Oscar caliber worthy actor couldn’t save it.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Saturday at 3:32 PM

R81 I agree. Miles is wooden as fuck. But maybe if he’s given a two-line part, or plays a dead body, he could be good at that.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Saturday at 6:22 PM

R31, it’s pretty obvious that Christian Navarro is not straight when you look at his IG and see who he follows. For example, he follows all the guys from Queer Eye, and in one of his stories, you could see that he had Antoni’s cook book.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Saturday at 9:53 PM

R85 I’m not sure if you’re being facetious but following the guys from the mainstream, straight-pandering show Queer Eye does not make you gay.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Saturday at 10:24 PM

Wow, Brandon looks good in OP.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Sunday at 2:52 AM

I admit only watching the first few episodes but did anyone else think the girl who killed herself was an exhausting, self-indulgent bitch, revelling in making her death such a mysterious drama and getting a dig in at everyone she could?

by Anonymousreply 88Last Sunday at 3:25 AM

No that's pretty common. Granted just about everyone in that school is pretty unlikable in season 1. But it takes extra effort to make me feel no sympathy for a teenage girl who killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Sunday at 3:50 AM

R88 Exhausting, self-indulgent bitch... so she's just a DL'er in a teenage girl body.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Sunday at 4:48 AM

Miles said on the podcast that he introduced four of his castmates to Drag Race obsession. He name checked Christian. The other two weren't named, but I'd bet money that they were Brandon and Alisha.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Sunday at 5:41 AM

Is there still any mystery on why she died or is there another mystery? Fucking tedious

by Anonymousreply 92Last Sunday at 5:56 AM

Funny thing is that this show was meant to be a tribute to My so-called life, a show with actual teenagers as leads.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Sunday at 5:59 AM

If Miles' character finds his gayness this season it would be the best way to transition to playing only gay roles afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Sunday at 8:10 AM

I’d love to see Brandon and Miles on Secret Celebrity Drag Race. They’d be so pretty as girls.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Sunday at 8:10 AM

That would require Miles to actually come out, which he hasn't had the balls to do, despite not exactly hiding either of his big relationships.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Sunday at 8:11 AM

Nobody thinks Miles is str8 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Sunday at 8:12 AM

Didn't the fangirls decide he was with that chick he lives with.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Sunday at 8:13 AM

The Miles hate on DL is so fucking stupid. It’s 2020, should he have to declare who he’s fucking in capital letters in an Instagram post in order for him to not be closeted in your eyes? He openly talks about loving gay bars and drag and he has a boyfriend who has talked openly about their relationship in the New York Times. If he didn’t want anyone to know he was gay he would have dumped Connor by now.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Sunday at 8:16 AM

R98 Yes, but the conspiracy theorists in the Heizer/Jessup threads also think she’s secretly trying to fuck him so it’s not just the stupid fan girls.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Sunday at 8:18 AM

It's not Miles hate. I think he and Connor are adorable together. But there's some reason he can't bring himself to say the words, and that bugs me in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Sunday at 8:19 AM

r99 Miles isn't gay unless he's an Instaho whose personal life is lived out on social media platforms.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Sunday at 8:19 AM

[Quote] there's some reason he can't bring himself to say the words, and that bugs me in 2020.

But he consented to Connor using him to promote Locke & Key. What's the issue? You'd like a magazine cover with "Yep, I'm Gay" on it?

by Anonymousreply 103Last Sunday at 8:24 AM

r100 Nobody thinks Mae wants to fuck him. The problem they have is that she's the kind of female bff who wants to keep him as the gay little brother she can have slumber parties with forever. Miles is a 26 year old man now and he's in a relationship with another man. She needs to back off and let him grow up.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Sunday at 8:25 AM

[Quote] she's the kind of female bff who wants to keep him as the gay little brother she can have slumber parties with forever.

Is she, though? Or does her sex blind you to how she actually behaves? Mae promoted Locke & Key on her social media with a pic of herself and Connor. That's the actions of a possessive bff? There are other photos out there that show Mae and her boyfriend double dating with Miles and Connor.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Sunday at 8:27 AM

r103 That wouldn't be enough. He'd have to be get fisted in the cover photo, just to prove he's not lying.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Sunday at 8:28 AM

r195 That's what I mean. What happens when they get married. Is she going to move in with them and set up a schedule for the days she gets custody?

by Anonymousreply 107Last Sunday at 8:33 AM

r105

by Anonymousreply 108Last Sunday at 8:34 AM

R107 No, she plans on living down the street.

[quote] He’s pretty special. I’d kill him before I let him leave. I envision wanting to live in a house next to him for my whole life and grow old down the street from him. I want our families to always be entwined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109Last Sunday at 8:42 AM

Does she have Borderline Personality Disorder?

by Anonymousreply 110Last Sunday at 8:43 AM

R109 Well Connor is out of luck then since Mae will definitely never let Miles move to Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Sunday at 8:46 AM

Why would Miles move away from LA? He's an actor.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Sunday at 8:47 AM

And Connor will never leave Toronto, so I guess they're doomed.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Sunday at 8:47 AM

Isn't there a Miles thread where you can fangurl out? This has completely veered away from having to do with the show.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Sunday at 8:48 AM

R114 The OP implied that now that the show is over, Miles can “come out.” People are merely arguing that Miles is already out, which isn’t off topic.

But yes, this show is stupid and its upcoming storyline about a gay boy avenging the death of a closeted jock rapist just because they fucked once is not only homophobic but reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Sunday at 8:52 AM

Back on topic. I quit maybe four episodes in S3. I think I'd gotten as far as Monty hooking up with Winston. If I decide that I want to try and power through this final season, is it so vital to finish when I already know about Alex killing Bryce and Monty being beaten to death?

by Anonymousreply 116Last Sunday at 8:53 AM

r105 Tell me that anyone who says what she's quoted as saying at r109 isn't completely creepy.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Sunday at 8:53 AM

r116 You missed Miles' nude scene in ep 5!

by Anonymousreply 118Last Sunday at 8:54 AM

Did they manage to make him look bulked up from the steroids he supposedly took?

by Anonymousreply 119Last Sunday at 8:56 AM

It's only creepy because you want it to be. Miles spent about a month in Toronto before returning for the quarantine. But, of course, in your head, Mae was harassing him to come back to LA.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Sunday at 8:56 AM

r119 More bulked up than he normally looks. Miles was definitely spending a lot of time in the gym.

by Anonymousreply 121Last Sunday at 8:57 AM

That might be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 122Last Sunday at 8:58 AM

R119

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123Last Sunday at 8:58 AM

If only that was Zach under him, not Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Sunday at 9:01 AM

R123 isn’t working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125Last Sunday at 9:03 AM

Miles sex scene 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126Last Sunday at 9:23 AM

Miles sex scene 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127Last Sunday at 9:23 AM

I hope Miles gets cast as Casanova in a long running series, just to piss y'all off.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Sunday at 9:25 AM

So why did the chick kill herself? No offence but from her bitchy, accusatory voice overs I really gave up interest after 4 episodes.

If I was one of the people who received those bitchy tapes I would have just tossed them in the trash.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Sunday at 10:55 AM

After seeing her former friend be sexually assaulted, she was raped by the same guy. She then went to her guidance counselor and gets brushed off.

The suicide scene was shocking, to the point that they've edited parts of it out.

Yet I doubt they did anything to the mop handle scene, which remains one of the most horrifying things I've seen on any show.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Sunday at 11:29 AM

R139 how did she die snd what happened with the mop handle please?

by Anonymousreply 131Last Sunday at 11:43 AM

R131 She bled out in a bathtub. They scene was incredibly graphic and was now edited out of the show.

In season 2 a male student gets violently raped with a mop handle.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Sunday at 11:46 AM

She slit her wrists in a bathtub and her parents found her. It was some really good acting from Kate Walsh and Brian d'Arcy James.

And one of the jocks raped a male student with a mom handle. I still have the most visceral reaction even to the memory. It was graphic.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Sunday at 11:48 AM

Miles bugs me. I remember the suicide scene, she slits her wrists in a tub of blood, it looked very realistic.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Sunday at 2:54 PM

[quote]Yet I doubt they did anything to the mop handle scene, which remains one of the most horrifying things I've seen on any show.

They did that to Linda Blair in the movie “Born Innocent” but it was depicted much worse in “13 Reasons Why”.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Sunday at 2:56 PM

R134 Most of DL seem to dislike Miles, I don't know why he keeps getting called a DL fave. Connor on the other hand has always been liked here.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Sunday at 3:01 PM

Miles is NOT a DL fave, but I would argue Connor is probably one of the few DL faves who is almost universally liked by DL.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Sunday at 3:38 PM

This show’s first season was very moving and realistic in the ways that alienation and bullying could lead a teenage girl to want to kill herself. The rest of the seasons were a garbage fire.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Sunday at 3:45 PM

[quote]But yes, this show is stupid and its upcoming storyline about a gay boy avenging the death of a closeted jock rapist just because they fucked once is not only homophobic but reprehensible

Is that what happened in season 3? Fuck now I have to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Sunday at 3:46 PM

Because it was a self-contained story meant for one season, and that they had to stretch out to milk more money r138.

You see it happen over and over because people just can't end a story and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Sunday at 3:50 PM

I couldn’t even finish the first season because Miles attempting to play a womanizer was just ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 141Last Sunday at 3:53 PM

As I understand it season 1 and half of season 2 depicted the entire book this show was based on all the rest is filler.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Sunday at 3:56 PM

[quote]Is that what happened in season 3? Fuck now I have to watch it.

I didn’t think the relationship between Monty and the guy was romantic, because he looked like he was having rough sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Sunday at 3:58 PM

Is anyone watching Blood and Water?

by Anonymousreply 144Last Sunday at 4:04 PM

So will there be a premiere? Via Zoom or something

by Anonymousreply 145Last Monday at 2:23 AM

[quote] "We've heard from many young people that 13 Reasons Why encouraged them to start conversations about difficult issues like depression and suicide and get help — often for the first time," Netflix said in a statement Tuesday. "As we prepare to launch season three later this summer, we've been mindful about the ongoing debate around the show. So on the advice of medical experts, including Dr. Christine Moutier, chief medical officer at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, we've decided with creator Brian Yorkey and the producers to edit the scene in which Hannah takes her own life from season one."

r130 The thing is it sounds like they edited the actual suicide scene to stop other teenagers from doing it. Which is ridiculous when the goriness would do the opposite. But they didn't change any of the rest of the season which pretty much promotes the message that if you kill yourself your entire schools lives will revolve around you, also leave some tapes describing how everyone failed you for that whole revenge from beyond the grave factor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146Last Monday at 3:50 AM

[quote]Which is ridiculous when the goriness would do the opposite.

It did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147Last Monday at 7:34 AM

I’m sure Monty and Winston fucked more than once, and S4 will be full of flashbacks between them in another misguided attempt to redeem a villain.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Monday at 8:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149Last Monday at 8:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150Last Monday at 8:22 AM

R132 I binged all 3 seasons over the weekend to refresh my memory before season 4 drops. They didn't edit anything out of that scene, including showing the bloody end of the mop handle.

Even though season 3 was the most recent, it was the one I remembered least about. It was so laughably bad. The police investigation was so half-assed (a text message & fingerprint on a car door = murderer) and the amount of people they questioned without a parent or attorney present.

Then there is the school. With the amount of shit that went down in such a short period of time, more people beyond a guidance counselor would have lost their jobs, starting with the principal and coach.

I haven't watched the trailer for S4 yet, but if what someone said above is true (Winston's revenge), it sounds painful already.

Also, can we talk about Alex's dad's shoe polish hair dye? Made all the worse by the scraggly gray sideburns sticking out.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Monday at 8:40 PM

Season 3 of this show will go down in history as one of the most terrible seasons of a TV show ever. It went so completely off the rails that it’s hard to believe it’s still the same show as the first two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 152Last Monday at 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!