Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everything You Know About Obesity Is Wrong

For decades, the medical community has ignored mountains of evidence to wage a cruel and futile war on fat people, poisoning public perception and ruining millions of lives.

It’s time for a new paradigm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 30, 2020 2:54 PM

Go away you fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2020 1:27 PM

Render it for lamp oil.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2020 1:28 PM

I am now hungry for cake.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2020 1:32 PM

Blablabla bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2020 1:37 PM

We know OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2020 1:38 PM

[quote]Habits, no matter your size, are what really matter. Dozens of indicators, from vegetable consumption to regular exercise to grip strength, provide a better snapshot of someone’s health than looking at her from across a room.

That's my main takeaway from the article.

Given that, I would say that the large woman in the OP's link isn't exactly fond of vegetables (although she may love corn and potatoes), and has never exercised in her life other than going up and down the aisle of a grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2020 1:40 PM

When you look at what's changed in the past 50 years (the food supply), it becomes obvious that sugar and food additives have contributed largely to obesity. The junk and fast food manufactures have deliberately made their products addictive to boost consumption and profits. Everything has added sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

The sugar and corn syrup manufactures actually funded the bogus studies blaming fat consumption for obesity, leading to all the fat-free and reduced fact versions of products. In American the bottom line is always the bottom line. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2020 1:41 PM

Oh that reminds me. My favorite show is on tonight. My 600lb Life.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2020 1:43 PM

Huffington Post...science, unless it disagrees with you.

Then, voodoo to twist "information" to suit our agenda.

Like deplorables and the anti-vaxxers and idiots screaming about ending stay-at-home orders, if your ridiculous ideas ONLY affected you, I'd say go ahead and do what you want. But, the reality is that you increase the probability of getting sick and then the burden of caring for your sorry ass falls on the rest of us...and honey, at your weight it IS a burden, a HUGE one.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2020 1:45 PM

It was a strategic mistake by the writer to try to evoke so much sympathy for overweight people. Like any threatening condition, people feel some degree of revulsion toward the person with that condition, because they don't want to think that condition could happen to them. What's the first question asked when you hear someone has lung cancer: did they smoke? Weight is a problem to be solved for a lot of reasons. It is so widespread it probably can't be solved on an individual basis.

I do believe the scorn toward overweight people is futile and probably counterproductive. Which is not to say I think they are beautiful. They are not. But then again that pompadoured psychologist from Weho is nice to look at it, but who'd want anything to do with him? Respectful silence would be best at a minimum. Not for the individual but for the complexity of the problem, which plainly is not just a lazy love of cake and pie. But I don't expect DL to adopt that view because how else would so many of you fill the empty hours then?

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2020 1:47 PM

I found out about 3 years ago what's driving the obesity epidemic. It's the fucking sugar. My empirical evidence I went from 240lbs to 158lbs just by reading the nutritional panels on foods I bought and avoiding anything with added sugar. So no more soda, etc.

And the best part - the weight stayed off. For three years now. My waist went from 38 inches to 30 inches. I'm wearing a size small pants and underwear. Incredible. Had I known about the sugar thing years ago I probably would have been thin back then too. All this is due to me reading Gary Taubes "The Case Against Sugar.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2020 1:57 PM

No, Lucifer, no. You were just lazy, slothful, weak and gobbling. Stop blaming sugar for your character flaws.

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2020 2:00 PM

Long ass read. Not sure of the point the author is trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2020 2:13 PM

With morbid obesity a leading factor in Covid-19 deaths, yet another reason to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2020 2:55 PM

Luv - you tend to take that shape as you move into your twilight years. It’s just a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2020 3:40 PM

My observations:

Obesity is an eating disorder, too.

The human body cannot create fat out of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2020 3:50 PM

Everything about the fat acceptance movement is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2020 4:07 PM

Not even exercise. Food is what matters. No processed food. Lost 25 pounds in less than a year. Requires cooking for myself - but otherwise painless.

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote] Like any threatening condition, people feel some degree of revulsion toward the person with that condition

True. The fear and revulsion people feel toward fatties is part of being human. There’s not much society can do about the situation except put fatties on a treadmill.

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2020 4:18 PM

The only thing cruel and futile is that fucking picture.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2020 4:20 PM

It might help to put poles that are close together around the bakery and dessert areas in grocery stores. Normal size people would be able to get through but obese people would be blocked or trapped.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2020 4:21 PM

I don't think its sugar or food additives at all. Every decade or so, there is a new diet enemy that's created. It was fat, then it was carbs, now its sugar. The two biggest changes by far are portion sizes and lack of physical exercise. People used to have jobs that required more physical movement which isn't that case anymore. And look up portion sizes from the 50s compared to today. My friends from overseas are amazed at the kind of portions Americans eat. No wonder a lot of us are obese or overweight.

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2020 4:23 PM

Belly fat will kill you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2020 4:26 PM

Quit trying to make fat healthy, Gretchyn.

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2020 4:35 PM

R12: I guess you're too lazy and slothful to read the book yourself. So I'll now do proper ad homnem fuck you and the horse you rode in on. You're the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 25May 20, 2020 4:42 PM

So the OP had to post a gotcha thread on an article from two years ago?

Many of my friends are obese. But they don't claim to be biracial because they are 50% brown fat.

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2020 4:46 PM

It is possible to be large and healthy. Just as easy as it is to be small and healthy.

That does not mean that everyone who is large (or small) is healthy.

And large is different than fat.

by Anonymousreply 27May 20, 2020 4:49 PM

Being fat in my family means you will have high blood pressure. The fatter the higher....

High blood pressure leads to stroke.

Therefore, if I weighed as much as Lizzo, I would be dead.

by Anonymousreply 28May 20, 2020 4:53 PM

"As early as 1969, research showed that losing just 3 percent of your body weight resulted in a 17 percent slowdown in your metabolism—a body-wide starvation response that blasts you with hunger hormones and drops your internal temperature until you rise back to your highest weight. Keeping weight off means fighting your body’s energy-regulation system and battling hunger all day, every day, for the rest of your life."

I don't believe this is true for all people. I've gone from normal weight to skinny a few times in my life. When I am skinny I am not battling hunger all day. It really seems like I have 2 set points.

by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2020 4:53 PM

Bullshit. We're fatter for these reasons:

1) Rise of fast food restaurants 2) Microwaves and instant/processed foods - high in calories, sugar, salt and fat and not as satiating 3) Portion size increases 4) People not cooking their own food 5) Reduction in exercise over the past 50 years

That's it. If you begin to cook your own food, not buy fast food or processed food, and exercise, you won't have any problems.

by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2020 4:59 PM

I also don't get the point the article is trying to make. Don't try to cure obesity, accept it?

I have struggled with my weight my entire life and am not thin. I'm one of the fat whores around here. I exercise 3-4 times a week and eat 1500-1700 calories a day on the days I don't skip dinner. I've been to Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, been a vegan, been a vegetarian, tried Slim Fast, the cabbage soup diet, the maple syrup lemon juice cayenne diet, Herbalife, Atkins... some of them have worked to some degree but the weight always came back when I went back to normal food. I often watch my husband eat whatever he wants while I have a salad and lean protein or skip dinner and have a lot of water. What I'm doing now which is calorie counting on a tracker and some intermittent fasting, and cutting back on alcohol a LOT, is the best thing. I also have to exercise.

I will say that some bodies just aren't going to be thin, willowy ones. But, we don't have to be huge gargantuan ones, either.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2020 5:00 PM

You are paying attention to the wrong metrics, r31

Make it about health and not size, stop with the yo-yo fads diets, and just develop steady healthy habits.

The main problem is in your head.

by Anonymousreply 32May 20, 2020 5:03 PM

Oh and I should mention whilst the rest of you chase gym bunnies I like meat on the bone.

by Anonymousreply 33May 20, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]I don't believe this is true for all people. I've ...

You sound like this guy I know taking hydrochloroquine.

by Anonymousreply 34May 20, 2020 5:04 PM

You people cannot even concede slightly that weight issues are anything but character based. You are so hateful and ugly, no matter what you weigh. This site is toxic. You people are toxic. Worse than fucking sugar.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2020 5:06 PM

It's easy to look around and see that some people will never be [italic]thin[/italic] but they will be healthy for the fat and bone they were born with. Take Oprah for example. Never thin, but when eating healthy, looks like a healthy weight for her frame and general shape.

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2020 5:23 PM

^^^ When was the last time that happened?

by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2020 5:25 PM

“Thin” does not equal “healthy”

Properly nutrition and exercise equals healthy

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2020 5:30 PM

Nothing tates as good as skinny feels.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2020 5:33 PM

Tell that to Karen Carpenter

by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2020 5:42 PM

Losing a substantial amount of weight and keeping it off is 1000 to 1 odds. The author is correct that it’s virtually impossible. Here’s what’s not stated: keeping weight off in the first place (prevention) is absolutely doable with a little bit of attention and effort. The messaging should be similar to addiction: prevent it from happening in the first place or manage it (with typically poor results) for the rest of your life. Once you’ve fallen into obesity, you’ve damaged your metabolism and will have to eat less and exercise more than a thin person just to maintain the excess weight. And all the while you’ll get hormonal signals to your brain indicating starvation.

by Anonymousreply 41May 20, 2020 5:49 PM

This is from r17 of the thread r5 referenced. It's just as true now as it was then.

[Quote]Yes, food is different today than it was even 50 years ago. It's destroying our gut biomes. The fat people you see today are just the canaries in the coal mine. They are more sensitive to the ravages of GMOs, artificial/processed foods, and harmful chemicals we all consume every day. Modern day genetically modified grains and sugar are the biggest culprits. They are highly addictive drugs for many people. Until we get back to eating real, whole foods that haven't been fucked with, we're doomed.

by Anonymousreply 42May 20, 2020 5:52 PM

Every single fat person I've ever known has some level of denial and avoidance. They underestimate (grossly sometimes) the amount of food they consume. They make justifications for eating shitty food - oh, a little bit won't hurt. They buy and consume a lot of high fat, high caloric foods and deny it. They insist on eating certain foods (cream-based dressings, soups, other) because others don't have any 'flavor'.

They often make overly dramatic statements like "I don't want to live on rabbit food and water - that's not living!". It's all or nothing to them and they create these fantasies of living in some sort of food prison in order to be normal weight.

Open up the refrigerator and pantry of any fat person - the answers are all there.

by Anonymousreply 43May 20, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote] Modern day genetically modified grains and sugar are the biggest culprits.

GMOs are just a bogeyman. The biggest reasons for weight gain are genetics, portion size increase and lack of physical activity.

by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2020 6:15 PM

I agree R44 to a certain extent. However, I think processed GMO foods tend to not satisfy hunger and appetite for some reason, which can lead to overeating

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote] You people cannot even concede slightly that weight issues are anything but character based

I don't empathize or sympathize with people who make up facts. If someone were to say "I'm fat and I'm struggling", I'd be very sympathetic. But when people say stuff like "obesity is not my fault", "you can be fat and healthy" or "people need to be less fat phobic and love me for my fatness" all while never attempting to exercise or diet, I lose all sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2020 6:38 PM

[quote]It is possible to be large and healthy. Just as easy as it is to be small and healthy.

It is not remotely as easy to be fat and healthy as it is to be small and healthy...unless you're using the silly metrics and faux science of that article.

by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 7:35 PM

[quote] unless you're using the silly metrics and faux science of that article.

Fat activists will always use some strawman argument like "it's more unhealthy to be underweight than overweight". Do we really have to break down the numbers to show that obesity is a much larger problem than, say, anorexia is in the west? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote] It is possible to be large and healthy. Just as easy as it is to be small and healthy.

[quote]It is not remotely as easy to be fat and healthy as it is to be small and healthy...unless you're using the silly metrics and faux science of that article.

Why did you change my word “large” to “fat”?

Are you under the impression they are the same?

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 8:15 PM

[quote]Why did you change my word “large” to “fat”?

"Large" in the context of discussing obesity is fat - otherwise, the statement is nonsensical in this thread. Clearly, being tall or even being a bodybuilder and being "large" would not require any defense that it was possible to be either and be healthy, and certainly would not require a comparative statement about the relative ease of being healthy.

I hate to break it to you, but "husky," "big boned," and "plus sized" are also synonyms for fat.

Fatty logic - smh.

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 9:21 PM

Look at ME! I am in PERFECT health. Tremendous health. In fact, no one is more healthy than ME!

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] I hate to break it to you, but "husky," "big boned," and "plus sized" are also synonyms for fat.

Maybe we should start discussing people of fat and their societal struggles with more clinical expressions instead of 'shaming' - The Xeno-Zaftig (XZ), and being XZ phobic - Those with double portion disorders, or DPD - Fat Affective Disorders (FAD), inc subtypes With Gravy, Without Breading

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 9:50 PM

Calories in - calories out. If there is more going in than out = fat. Its basic thermodynamics.

As others have pointed out, its mainly portion size. And snacking. And lack of exercise. I used to be a (somewhat) fat fuck. I ate less. I lost weight

GMO's, sugar, fat, whatever, if you eat it in moderation, and eat the same or less than your body uses, you dont get fat

It isnt actually rocket science. Article is full of shit

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 10:29 PM

R29

If that were true, famine survivors would be overwhelmingly obese.

I know from experience how hard it can be to lose weight and keep it off, and I do think it's not purely psychological or a matter of willpower. The human body fights weight loss in various ways. The author isn't wrong about the hormonal aspect of it. Leptin and ghrelin regulate appetite, and various aspects of modern living negatively affect both.

That said, despite dieting off and on for years, when I closely track my calorie intake, it's approximately what it should be for my height and weight. I've never gained weight when eating my daily allotment, and I never lose weight unless I eat less than that. According to the alternative facts of fat acceptance activists, my metabolism should be shot, but it isn't.

Lastly, if this were just about accepting how hard it can be to lose weight, then fat acceptance activists would be endorsing trying to keep from gaining more weight, but they don't. They keep eating more and more and getting more and more fat while denying that this will ultimately kill them.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 10:34 PM

Then we have the feeders...

"Fat fetishism is a sexual attraction to people who are overweight or obese – however a feeder gets pleasure from the process of fattening someone up."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2020 10:47 PM

R55 isn’t that just a form of abuse? The feeder gets off on it.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2020 11:51 PM

The president is morbidly obese!

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2020 11:58 PM

R57 Oh, yeah? Your pussy is so old And dry, you’d have to drown it in gravy before I’d grab it.

by Anonymousreply 58May 21, 2020 1:22 AM

Op types fat

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2020 2:27 AM

R58 He don’t listen, I tell him hunny eat better the Americans food is no good. He is own person I cannot tell him what to do.

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2020 2:32 AM

R54, I'm not a doctor but I'm fairly sure that prolonged, true famine does things to the metabolism that are quite different from losing 3 % of your body weight in a month or two.

by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2020 2:57 AM

I don't think it's regular pure cane sugar. People have been eating things with sugar for hundreds of years. It's the HFCS, the GMO beet sugar and other lab experiment sugars that do it. Now I'm not talking about eating even organic pure can sugar in vast quantities, but our grand and great grandparents ate cakes, puddings and pies and put sugar in morning oatmeal and their coffee and such. Kids had ice cream and cookies and everyone ate bread. How stupid does a person have to be not to see the connection that after 1980 and Reagan when our food supply went to shit. When a person gives up drinking soda now, in most cases they don't give up sugar. They give up HFCS. Some companies have gotten sneaky and say they put sugar back in their products, but read the label. If it just says sugar in is still not real sugar. It is generically modified beet sugar that our bodies doesn't recognize as real food. It's only when it says pure cane sugar are they talking about real sugar and even then who knows what's happening to cane sugar these days. Organic pure cane sugar is about the best you can do, if even that is genuine.

It's the same with almost everything we eat. The wheat is different from what it once was, the oils we use, the dairy we eat and drink and the meat and poultry and produce we eat. It might not make everyone fat, at least when they're still young and very active but that doesn't mean it isn't taking years off our lives.

When people make a stink and stop spending their money of Frankenfood only then, maybe, will industries start putting real food back on the market and even then, it might be too late. Our soil, are air, everything that turns our food into food might have already been permanently damaged.

Ask yourself why it's only since around 1980 that we have the obesity epidemic.

Yes, some people are born to be obese, a baby born at 13, 14 pounds starts out fat and might be fat their entire life, but that is rare. Most these days are being made to eat more and more and never get their hunger satiated because out food supply makes it that way. Yes, they can stop, and feel miserable and frustrated and still so hungry and who wants to live that way. But you eat and you feel like you committed a sin and you're miserable and who wants to live that way. It's a no win situation once that poison get in your body and now we have people who are middle age who have been eating the poison since childhood. Who knows if they can ever get clean. It might be physically impossible.

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2020 3:02 AM

I have met maybe 2 fat (maybe one was just overweight) and healthy people. But they were healthy despite their fat. One could walk endlessly at a great clip, kilometres a day. The other one could run for long distances at a low heartrate (surprising the fuck out of her gym assessment person who didn't believe how far she could run until she did it on the treadmill. At home, she would run for hours.

But in the end, you can't avoid fat if you overeat. My counsel to overeaters is to eat MORE. Fill up on high fibre veggies - eat a plateful with every meal and snack, along with a good portion of lean protein and then eat your fried food, simple carbs and snacks. And if you want more of the latter, you have to eat it with more of the former. You'll be so full that you won't have room for enough calories to get fat off of. This was my method of getting from a hefty 185lbs to an OK 150lbs.

Or you can count calories/food journal (or do both in combination, because veg has few calories, you don't even really have to count them). Either works, if you're honest with yourself.

And I've kept it off for about 20 years. Every so often my pants will get tight and I'll re-assess and realize that I need to eat more veg. Calorie counting is a bit of a pain, even with apps, so... I haven't bothered with that in a while.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2020 3:38 AM

The Point [if there’s one] got hopelessly lost in the long meandering prose.

Writers seem to have trouble remembering: the phone/tablet screen is NOT conducive to Long read.

by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2020 9:17 AM

A lot of great points in this thread.

I’d like to add that a lot of fat people seem to be under the assumption that what they eat (quality and portion wise) is normal (everyone orders pizza on weekends or eats a cupcake or 5 when they crave them). This kind of diet is visible on TV/commercials and in movies. It’s assumed that this is the normal American diet and everyone but the fatties can get away with eating this way. It isn’t true of course.

Example: a fatty sees everyone at the movie theater eating popcorn assuming it’s normal without realizing that I ordered a small (without butter), I’m splitting it with my husband, I eat this maybe once every 4 months, and I worked out extra hard that morning. This is why they hVe a victim mentality, they don’t understand how everyone else “unfairly” gets away with that kind of diet.

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2020 3:12 PM

There is a hilarious subreddit called something like "fat people logic" or something similar.

In one discussion, a woman was OUTRAGED that her sister gave her daughter, at the daughter's request, a scale to measure her food. The mother says that her sister is a health and exercise nut because she tries to eat right and maintain her weight, but cannot describe one thing the sister does that would be considered excessive or nutty other than actually exercising daily and eating a health diet by avoiding high fat and carb foods, as well as eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Then goes on to say, "We're not really into eating vegetables, so I won't buy them just for my daughter. But, we eat healthy..."

The daughter wanted to control her portions since the mother wouldn't make more healthy meals. The fatty mother was outraged that her sister was pushing her "lifestyle" on her daughter, like only a closeted evangelist can be against homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2020 3:58 PM

The stuff on Reddit is rarely hilarious, even less so when told as an alleged anecdote by a third party.

And no, when the information on the thread is "stupid fatties think everyone eats 5 cupcakes a day," it's not "a lot of great points," r65. It's just the usual people on DL who have never read an actual medical study in their lives, only glanced at some article in one of their mom's Good Housekeeping magazines back in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2020 4:02 PM

[quote]a fatty sees everyone at the movie theater eating popcorn assuming it’s normal without realizing that I ordered a small (without butter), I’m splitting it with my husband, I eat this maybe once every 4 months, and I worked out extra hard that morning

I still can't get over the fact that R65 thinks he's surrounded by "fatties" who are paying really close attention to him.

Nobody is watching you eat popcorn, you lunatic, let alone telling their doctor at their annual physical, "Doc, I don't know why I weigh 300 lbs, there was this guy at the movie theater who was also eating popcorn? And he wasn't fat? It's a mystery!"

That's psychopathic. You believe you're basically being surveilled by a series of fat people with perception problems every time you leave the house, and you're angry at all these fat people for not realizing that you ordered a SMALL! WITHOUT butter! And you exercise, like, A LOT and stuff!

You know what, I called that psychopathic, but it's not. It's hilarious. You're hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2020 4:07 PM

Our forefathers ate food that was free from antibiotics and growth hormones. Everything was natural. And just about everything that they did required a lot more physical effort than today. There were fatties, but nothing like what we have today.

by Anonymousreply 69May 21, 2020 5:50 PM

R68 - no, that was not his point - he didn't say that fat people are constantly watching everyone else. He said that their perception of what other people eat and what is appropriate is warped.

I agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2020 7:29 PM

[quote]The stuff on Reddit is rarely hilarious, even less so when told as an alleged anecdote by a third party.

Well, it should go without saying, but...

...you definitely type fat.

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2020 7:51 PM

Disgusting! I hate apples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2020 7:57 PM

I remember growing up, fat meant 20 lbs overweight. There weren’t large numbers of people even that fat.

I believe trans fats, HFCS, and not enough walking, have caused the obesity epidemic. But eating clean does work. It’s just difficult for most people to maintain.

R65, no fat person is looking at what you eat. You’re a (thin?) idiot.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2020 8:10 PM

I'm sorry but the people here bashing R65 are %100 wrong. I've struggled with my weight and when I was at my heaviest I wondered how others could eat the same food and not put on weight. I was simply losing track of how much I was eating and not looking at other's diets objectively

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2020 7:28 AM

I was overweight as well, lost over 50 lbs. I never looked at what others ate, and still don’t.

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2020 9:41 AM

Wow a lot of people still buy the fats are bad thing. I know for a FACT they're not. As I said, do a little research and observe the nutritional info on packaging. You'll find lots of products have ADDDED sugars. Perfect example, canned peaches with syrup. Syrup is just sugar water.

Now since the diet changed and I eat less sugar like I said the weight stays off. But I was recently turned down for sex because I wasn't chubby enough.

by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2020 9:45 PM

Yep, she ate it all.

Hungry Fat Chick AKA Candy Godiva, who also does all kinds of porn.

I wonder if she made one of her fart videos after this mukbang

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2020 10:36 PM

Ah man, this is tough. I am fat and I have been for a long time. The simple fact is I eat emotionally and I eat too much. I also drink too much booze which doesn't help. I don't think normalisation helps - I was at my most normal weight when I lived in Asia, and my co-workers told me quite straightforwardly that they were 'worried about my obesity.'

Where I live now I get compliments if I lose weight, but people are far too afraid to say 'You're getting fat, sort it out.'

by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2020 7:05 AM

R76 good example. I love canned peaches, so I avoid the ones in syrup, I get the ones in juice which still have sugar but less of it. Even then they're a weekly treat

R77 fuck that is hideously obese. Surely she has worked out the association between weighing 400 lbs and eating like that. There's enough Taco Bell there to feed me, my partner, flatmate and a couple of guests. And we'd probably still have leftovers

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2020 10:59 AM

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Kate Moss keeps her weight down through the c-plan diet: coffee, cigarettes and cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 80May 24, 2020 6:28 AM

Naomi Campbell has a metabolism given to her by the gods...she subsists on junk food, if you let her tell it.

by Anonymousreply 81May 24, 2020 11:04 AM

And R12 I think you were going for sarcasm in your post. You failed. Like I said I found out it's got nothing to do with fats, exercise etc. It's the sugar and processed carbs causing the obesity problem.

Think about it, you have complete aisles of sugary sodas and carbs in super markets. It's military food tech gone bizarre. Fresh vegetables and fruits are good because while they might have a sugar content by default, it's not added sugar and they have fiber which helps too.

And for those who think it's the fats in our diet - wrong again. I eat yogurt, cheese etc. Yet my weight doesn't vary and I feel more sated when I eat them. My blood pressure is good in fact a little lower. This was not the case when I was 240lbs.

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2020 11:38 PM

[quote]Like I said I found out it's got nothing to do with fats, exercise etc. It's the sugar and processed carbs causing the obesity problem.

Like filling a gas tank with gasoline, it's about energy transfer.

The equation is simple - consume fewer calories than burned and you will lose weight.

If you make a smoothie with 4 bananas (420 calories), 1 cup of nonfat milk (100 calories), 1/2 cup plain yogurt (75 calories) and a handful of berries of choice (80 calories): 675 calories.

It doesn't matter whether ice cream or a smoothie. Sure, nutritionally, it's probably better. But you'll gain the same amount of weight either way.

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2020 11:55 PM

Who the fuck puts four bananas in a smoothie?

by Anonymousreply 84May 30, 2020 2:48 AM

"Kate Moss keeps her weight down through the c-plan diet: coffee, cigarettes and cocaine."

Well admittedly, that WOULD feel good.

by Anonymousreply 85May 30, 2020 2:38 PM

It isn't all about sugars, guys. The main problem is processed food, whether it's sugary, fatty or salty (or all three). They've done studies which showed anyone can eat a large quantity more of processed food than they can the equivalent in whole foods (including meat with fat), and if you keep doing that, then you're going to get fat.

It's true that however you do it, eating fewer calories than you burn will eventually allow you to lose weight. Nobody disputes that.

What the experts have discovered in recent years, though, is that once you ARE substantially overweight the hormones that make you feel hungry never switch off - and they still don't after you lose weight. That's why most people regain lost weight even after the struggle to rid themselves of it. They've tracked people for up to three years and found them still much hungrier than people who were never overweight; and their hormone production shows it's biologically, not psychologically, true. Contestants on The Biggest Loser were hormonal wrecks a year later, whether or not they were still slim. If they can find medication that will turn on the satiety switch someone will make zillions, because then it will still be about willpower, but it'll become a fair fight.

by Anonymousreply 86May 30, 2020 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!