Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supernatural - Part 19

The Road So Far...

It's never ending.

So let's admire Jensen's cute butt for a little while, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2020 5:03 AM

I want those socks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2020 3:48 AM

From Part 18 thread:

[quote] DJ Qualls (Garth) had his own episode on Creepshow, on AMC. He looked really handsome. Funny how he looked super geeky when he was younger, but now looks mature and handsome.

I agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2020 3:49 AM

Snack time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2020 4:33 AM

Haha, OP. That's the perky, self-loathing butt that Castiel gave up Heaven for.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2020 5:57 AM

R4 perky??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2020 6:30 AM

So cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2020 12:42 AM

It's too bad he's reputed to be such a douchenozzle.

I find him very handsome and his voice rather sexy.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2020 12:46 AM

Jensen's ass at R1 is so completely fuckable.

That's the hottest he has ever looked on the show.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2020 12:48 AM

Here's Cass and Dean on their first date.

Cass is telling Dean what he thought of him, the first time they met.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2020 6:51 PM

Dean to Sam... "Let's go home."

That's how I want the show to end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote] Supernatural Slated to Return in Fall With Delayed Final 7 Episodes

Sam and Dean Winchester’s final curtain call has been scheduled.

In announcing its dramatically altered 2020-21 game plan on Tuesday, The CW confirmed that the delayed final seven episodes of Supernatural will air in fall, ahead of the January 2021 launch of Jared Padalecki‘s Walker, Texas Ranger reboot.

“We already have five episodes in the can of Supernatural,” CW prez Mark Pedowitz told reporters Thursday in a conference call. “Jared and Jensen Ackles will go back as soon as they’re able to to finish up the last two episodes, and then Jared will go off to work on Walker.”

Regarding a specific timetable re: shooting the final two Supernatural episodes, Pedowitz hedged, “We hope that they will be able to start shooting sometime in late summer or fall. And if not, we will then become flexible and rearrange our scheduling.”

Supernatural‘s farewell run was brought to an early halt in March by the global coronavirus outbreak, with filming completed on 18 of the final 20 episodes at the time. However, the closure of the visual effects and sound departments meant that the already-shot installments could not be finished. As a result, Episode 13 was the last one to air on March 23.

“Everybody wants to end 15 years the right way,” Pedowitz added. “So it is important that these two episodes be done the way that they had hoped to [shoot them]. And we’ll just wait it out. We are very much attached to this.”

Meanwhile, the forthcoming Walker, which received a straight-to-series order in January, will go into production after Supernatural wraps shooting. The series will then take over Supernatural‘s traditional Thursday-at-8 pm slot in January. In Walker, Padalecki stars as Cordell Walker, “a widower and father of two with his own moral code who returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years, only to discover there’s harder work to be done at home.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2020 7:31 PM

That's sorta perfect R10. I'd be happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2020 7:31 PM

I can never get enough Sam and Dean hugs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2020 7:39 PM

I wuv their hugs too. My favorites are the one at the end of "Mystery Spot" and the hug Dean initiates in the bunker at the end of "Pac Man Fever".

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2020 7:45 PM

So, Jared will have a gay brother on Walker.

I guess his onscreen brothers are just fated to be in love with men!

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2020 3:52 AM

So the earliest we can expect the show to air is probably mid-October?

If they’re going to use the show for November sweeps, that’s when they would have to start. Seven episodes is actually a lot.

It will be embarrassing though, because people who tuned in early on and got to experience the operatic show that once was will now have this bilge to come back to.

It will be embarrassing that the show will get shit ratings, which is what it has been doing lately. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2020 6:45 PM

Danneel and Jensen with the random Destiel content....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 16, 2020 1:28 AM

How could anyone stand to watch this garbage? The brothers are terrible actors and the writing is worse.

by Anonymousreply 18May 16, 2020 3:15 AM

I don't get it, R17.

What in the hell is Jensen looking at? Is it real?

by Anonymousreply 19May 16, 2020 12:43 PM

It’s obviously a brand of turkey.

It’s supposed to be some sort of spelling on destihell.

I tell you, those destihellers are pathetic and delusional as shit.

by Anonymousreply 20May 16, 2020 6:14 PM

Well, it was posted by Danneel, Jensen is posing in it, and the meaning is pretty obvious....

Since Jensen and his wife are the ones posting random Destiel references to social media, I can only assume that R20 is referring to them when he squeals about people being "pathetic and delusional."

by Anonymousreply 21May 16, 2020 6:48 PM

With Danneel and Jensen posting so much about Destiel, I really am starting to wonder if that's how the series will end.

It sounds like they're promoting the idea.

by Anonymousreply 22May 16, 2020 7:36 PM

From your lips to Chuck's ears, R22!

Chuck is the one who kept resurrecting Cass so that he could "watch over" Dean!

by Anonymousreply 23May 16, 2020 8:27 PM

Careful R23, the "Destihell" loon might come back and attack you! lol

by Anonymousreply 24May 16, 2020 8:38 PM

[Quote] Since Jensen and his wife are the ones posting random Destiel references to social media, I can only assume that [R20] is referring to them when he squeals about people being "pathetic and delusional."

[Quote] With Danneel and Jensen posting so much about Destiel, I really am starting to wonder if that's how the series will end. It sounds like they're promoting the idea.

Typical shipper response. Always acting obtuse. Thanks for proving R20s point.

by Anonymousreply 25May 16, 2020 11:46 PM

All Jensen fans should go to Youtube and search for the video he and his wife did for their 10th anniversary. They recreate the music video to the song "You Can Call Me Al", that was originally done by Paul Simon and Chevy Chase.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2020 6:17 PM

That was so cute, R26.

I loved it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2020 7:02 PM

Some people who have never seen the video were talking about how Jensen looked bored and even upset while doing it.

I pointed out that that’s the way Paul Simon looks in the video; all bored and put-upon.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote]All Jensen fans should go to Youtube and search for the video he and his wife did for their 10th anniversary. They recreate the music video to the song "You Can Call Me Al", that was originally done by Paul Simon and Chevy Chase.

Christ, that was REALLY hard to watch.

Stupid as fuck. They didn't even actually sing, they mimed.

Why would they put something like this out?

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2020 5:16 PM

That video is as bad as this show.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2020 6:25 PM

JFC, some of you are truly devoid of any joy or happiness or anything approaching a bright heart or personality.

It’s just a fucking video of the “couple” having a fun time.

It was a lark to celebrate their anniversary. It wasn’t meant to be a deep spiritual, philosophical epiphany. It’s not curing cancer.

Truly, I wonder, if this thread makes you SO fucking miserable and bitter and angry, Why. Are. You. Here??????

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2020 9:20 PM

I've been asking the same question for years, R31.

I don't understand the mentality of coming to a thread about a show that you hate, and relentlessly bashing the actors and the show. It's pathological.

And of the thousands of crappy shows out there, why this one bothers them so much.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2020 10:44 PM

I'm sorry but I just don't get it. I know a lot of people and if I showed them photos of Jensen and Jared 99.9% of them would have no idea who they were. The television show is laughable. And that dumb "You Can Call Me Al" video is absolutely cringeworthy! What purpose does it serve other than to scream "LOOK AT US!" But the sad thing is no one cares or even know who the hell they are. Just two more D List Actors trying to use social media to claw their 45 year old unknown selves upward.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Okay, then R33, what would be the fucking point in showing the “many” people you know these actors? What purpose would it serve?

It would show you as a smug, crazy, obsessed asshole (who would frankly look like a weirdo showing rando pics of actors to your friends. They would think you liked them or knew them, which, you do).

The video is absolutely a “look at us” moment, of course, that was the point. It was for the fans who keep track of them on social media. It was for them so they could see what they’re doing during this shit storm.

I saw a local news segment, don’t know what city, though, who mentioned it. It might have been Austin, where they live.

Fucking chill, already.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2020 3:56 AM

Thank you, R34!

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2020 3:44 AM

[Quote] I don't understand the mentality of coming to a thread about a show that you hate, and relentlessly bashing the actors and the show. It's pathological.

I don't understand the Destihell loon who makes unnecessary posts that would get a better response on tumblr or hell, even livejournal.

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2020 7:27 AM

I just watched the "Scarecrow" episode, and Dean was shirtless in bed, at the very beginning.

His body looked GOOD.

I think that was the only episode where Sam and Dean were waking up, and Dean was shirtless. After that, they always had shirts on.

WTF??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2020 10:44 PM

Did TNT cycle back around to the beginning again?

by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2020 11:56 PM

Yes, R38.

Tuesday was the pilot episode, Wendigo, Phantom Traveler, Bloody Mary, etc.

Today there was Home (I love that episode with Missouri Moseley), Asylum, Scarecrow, and Faith.

I pretty much love all of season one.

Thursday has some of my lesser favorites, like Bugs, and The Benders.

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2020 12:50 AM

Faith is a fantastic episode.

Cynically i can say that even back then someone was looking out for the boys.

Poor boys. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2020 1:06 AM

Watching season one, I have to say that it was pure Winchester.

Pure Sam and Dean.

No Bobby, Castiel, Crowley, Rowena, Charlie, Jack, and all the others.

It was why people got hooked on the show.

Not to say that I don't like the extra characters. I don't think the brothers could have sustained 15 seasons, if it wasn't for all the extras. But season one is why I keep watching to this day.

It's all about Sam and Dean.

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2020 6:56 AM

That reminds me, there's a very homo-gazey scene in Phantom Traveler. Dean's lying on his front in a motel bed in his boxer briefs with his back arched and ass presented. Sam walks in with coffee and says "Morning, Sunshine!" (the same line Dean would say to Castiel in the bunker ten years or so later).

I remember tittering when I saw that.

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2020 6:58 AM

FYI on the "Bugs" episode.

The kid in that episode came back in a later season, and played Alfie the angel.

I love when the show lets actors play dual characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2020 7:00 AM

Here's the "Bugs" kid as Alfie/Samandriel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2020 7:02 AM

Here you go, R42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2020 7:04 AM

Morning, Sunshine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2020 7:06 AM

R41, S1 is okay for me. I think I'd rate it in the top half of the seasons, but probably not in the top five.

Pluses: Dean and Sam are at their youngest and prettiest here. Dean is really charming and cheeky. There's a little bit of darkness, but he's way lighter as a character than he is in later seasons. Dean's relationship with John and his position as a mediator between John and Sam forms an interesting foundation for his character. The Jess relationship and Sam's struggle with it was one of his strongest storylines of the entire show, actually. Great location filming; they really lean into the romance of being on the open road in America. Interesting monsters of the week and lorebuilding (admittedly, S1 has an advantage here because it's the first).

Minuses: It's a little repetitive on rewatch. The lack of major characters outside of the two brothers makes it a bit slow compared to later stuff. I'm not a fan of John at all, so the search for him as the season's throughline is pretty blah. Dean continuing the cycle of John's bitterness and abuse with Sam (in the pilot, no less) is bullshit. Sam having psychic powers was kind of a meh plotline and ultimately pointless.

I don't hold the lack of Castiel/Destiel against S1, obviously. In some ways, it's interesting to compare the Dean of early seasons who hustled pool and slept with any woman with a pulse with the man he's become now: a homebody who spends all his time with the male angel who's in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2020 7:21 AM

Well, the formatting got messed up. But it's clear enough, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 48May 21, 2020 7:24 AM

[quote] Great location filming; they really lean into the romance of being on the open road in America

Thanks for reminding me about this. I meant to post something similar.

The majority of episodes in season one were filmed outdoors, and I loved it.

There was something very rustic about the show, back in season one. That's another reason I liked it so much.

by Anonymousreply 49May 21, 2020 7:31 AM

Jensen fellating a beer bottle while staring at Misha off-camera....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2020 7:45 AM

It always cracks me up when Dean calls Alfie "Heaven's most adorable angel." hehe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 21, 2020 5:57 PM

We know that angels were behind the John/Mary union. Does that mean that Castiel has been watching over Dean since he was born?

That would be adorable and a little bit kinky.

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2020 10:42 PM

[Quote] That would be adorable and a little bit kinky.

No that would be gross.

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2020 5:23 AM

I wonder how many times Castiel has stood next to Dean's bed and watched him sleep.

I'm guessing many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 22, 2020 11:23 AM

Mary watching an embrace between Dean and Castiel....

She can tell that her son (her 40-year-old, never-married son!) is in love with his angel "best friend"!

A mother knows!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 23, 2020 5:39 AM

Rofl R55, that is hilarious!

Where did you find that gif?

She definitely knows what's up.

by Anonymousreply 56May 23, 2020 5:47 AM

Did Mary also know that Jody Mills is a lesbian, and wanted to get with her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 23, 2020 5:48 AM

Why do the Winchester boys never wear shorts?

I mean, NEVER.

In 15 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 58May 23, 2020 11:00 PM

Dean had that substitute gym teacher outfit in S4 (the episode where he was picking out which of the cheerleaders were legal like the overcompensating sleaze he was for the first half of the series). And I think he was in short lederhosen in that Oktoberfest episode?

Other than that, yeah, not much leg showing. They should have done a case in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2020 10:46 AM

[quote] They should have done a case in Hawaii

Lol.. I don't think that there's any way they could make Vancouver look like Hawaii.

They'd have to use a fake set, which would be pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2020 11:10 AM

You're right, R59!

Thanks for reminding me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2020 11:12 AM

Two hilarious scenes from that episode.

This one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2020 11:13 AM

And this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2020 11:14 AM

Monday Cockles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 25, 2020 9:15 PM

Jensen trying to get Misha to move to Austin....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 25, 2020 9:17 PM

I am looking forward to this Cockles playdate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2020 9:22 PM

Jensen and Misha's propinquity in R64 is lewd. Their dicks were clearly touching through their jeans.

I remember Jensen in particular seemed really drunk at that con, even by JIB standards. I wouldn't be surprised if they both had semis in that photograph.

by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2020 9:32 PM

[quote] Jensen and Misha's propinquity in R64 is lewd. Their dicks were clearly touching through their jeans.

That's the first thing that crossed my mind, R67!

Their dicks are touching.

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2020 12:00 AM

R67 and R68 just sound pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2020 4:00 AM

If Misha moves to Austin then Destiel will live forever!

by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2020 4:03 AM

If Dean doesn't declare his love to Castiel by the finale, the series will simply be incomplete.

Everyone knows that they're in love with each other. I mean, every secondary character they've ever come in contact with is aware of the situation. As for Sam...he's been well aware of Destiel for at least a decade now, ever since "The Third Man."

Uriel knows. Balthazar knows. Meg knows. Crowley knows. Ishim knows. Rowena knows. Mary knows. Charlie knows. Benny knows. Metatron knows. Amara knows. Cain knows. Lucifer knows. The Leviathan in Purgatory knows. And on and on....

Jack knows...he has two fricking dads, ffs.

Sam knows more than anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2020 5:08 AM

[quote] Uriel knows. Balthazar knows. Meg knows. Crowley knows. Ishim knows. Rowena knows. Mary knows. Charlie knows. Benny knows. Metatron knows. Amara knows. Cain knows. Lucifer knows. The Leviathan in Purgatory knows. And on and on....

Rofl.. what made you bring up Ishim??

You forgot. Kevin knows.

[quote] Jack knows...he has two fricking dads, ffs.

Three dads, actually.

by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2020 10:06 AM

Does the Yellow Eyed Demon know?

by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2020 2:35 PM

Link to Part 20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote] Uriel knows. Balthazar knows. Meg knows. Crowley knows. Ishim knows. Rowena knows. Mary knows. Charlie knows. Benny knows.

Benny definitely knows, and he isn't happy about it.

Benny wanted Dean in him, quite deeply.

But Dean chose Castiel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2020 6:06 PM

Personally, I would rather see Dean and Benny together.

They're a much cuter couple.

Plus, Dean seems to have had more passion for Benny, than for Cass.

He tolerates Cass, but he goes deep with Benny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote]Rofl.. what made you bring up Ishim??

The entire episode in which Ishim's romance with a human is set up as a parallel to Castiel and Dean. By Ishim himself, no less.

"I'm going to cure you of your human weakness."

[quote]You forgot. Kevin knows.

Well, I did say there were more. If I listed every character, I'd have to import the entire Supernatural wiki, lol.

[quote]Three dads, actually.

I'm never sure about this. Castiel is the only incontrovertible father to Jack (other than Lucifer, obviously, but he's dead). He's the "name on the papers" because of Kelly and Jack both pre- and post-birth. Jack is associated with Dean and Sam because of Castiel--not just early on, but throughout his existence, as we saw at the end of S14 when Castiel was the only one of the three who never lost faith in Jack, i.e. the only true parent. When Jack calls himself a Winchester later on (which I personally find cringe), the logical corollary is that Castiel is a Winchester as well, since Castiel is Jack's only extant familial relationship through which other links can flow through. (Mary refers to Castiel as "one of my boys" in "Stuck in the Middle With You," more evidence that SHE KNOWS about Dean and Castiel's relationship.) My headcanon is that these relationships all hang together because of the Dean/Castiel pairing, which would make Dean Jack's stepfather and Sam his uncle. I personally find that to be the most illuminating way of plotting it out, especially considering the roles they take in the narrative: Dean as the antagonistic force in the family who slowly bonds with Jack more and more; Sam as the more emotionally stable voice who offers sage advice and morale boosting to Jack--a classic uncle role.

To be fair, though, I can dig the "three fathers" interpretation as well, despite everything I wrote. Though then there's the iffy implication that Castiel, Dean, and Sam are in a throuple relationship.

[quote]Does the Yellow Eyed Demon know?

Haha. Now I'm imagining him strolling out of the house in Lawrence, passing by a distraught Dean, and informing him that when he grows up, he'll know his true love by the trench coat he wears and the literal sparks flying.

[quote]Personally, I would rather see Dean and Benny together.

Benny was a great fling for Dean. You can feel the heat between them. It's kind of like how Meg after her personality transplant is a good match for Cas during the period when Dean is still being an idiot (about Cas opening the door to Purgatory which, by the way, was the only way to save the world from Raphael).

But Castiel and Dean belong together at the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2020 8:24 PM

How it should end...

All the demonic forces in the world are defeated and Lucifer calls them back to Hell where God locks them away.

Then... "Carry On My Wayward Son" begins to play as we see God has restored Mr. and Mrs. Winchester as they are driving a convertible version of Baby. She, snuggling in his arms...

Cut to.... Sammy at the mailbox opening up his acceptance letter to Harvard Law....

Then... Cas takes Dean up in his arms and carries him to the bedroom....

by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2020 1:01 AM

JFC, give it a rest R78.

That’s never, never, never, never, EVER going to happen.

The last episode is going to be called Carry On.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2020 2:01 AM

Whatever happened to that skank and her little bastard that Dean had deluded himself into believing he could have a normal heterosexual relationship with?

Was this all pre-Cas?

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2020 2:10 AM

Flat

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2020 2:36 AM

That's Lisa, R80. And her son Ben.

Interestingly, Dean had Cass wipe their memories clean of ever having known him.

And I'm sure that Cass was happy to do so! Rofl.

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2020 2:37 AM

Did Ben grow up to be gay?

He kind of pinged to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2020 2:47 AM

Sam's hair only looked good in the first episode. After that, it was all downhill.

It kept getting longer and longer, starting with the Bieber hairstyle, and ending up where it is today.

I hope that Jared cuts his hair for Walker. I can't stand seeing his long hair, and I can't understand why he won't cut it. Doesn't anyone tell him how horrible it looks?

Actually, there was one other time that his hair looked good, and it was in season one when he dressed up like a priest. He looked so handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2020 11:18 AM

Perhaps Jared had a bad experience with a stylist/barber once?

That person may not have paid him the respect he was entitled to and he vowed never to cut it again after doxing the stylist for filth.

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2020 1:19 PM

I agree, R84.

I hate, hate, hate his hair.

He does need to cut it. It has no form or shape to it.

He’d look younger if he did chop it off.

Since he’s gonna be a lawman he needs to keep it short for his work.

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2020 5:02 PM

So apparently the two guys are being called out by the more deluded, entitled fans because the guys haven’t commented on the situation going on in MN. 🙄🙄

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2020 9:09 PM

Wow, right on cue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Even barmaids and servers, Crazy Boy?

by Anonymousreply 89May 30, 2020 12:42 AM

LMFAO, R89

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2020 9:21 PM

Funny thing about Jared is that his relationships with female characters are so much more believable than Jensen.

Sam and Madison in the "Hunted" episode, Sam and Sarah in "Provenance," and many others. He had real chemistry with his female love interests.

Conversely, Dean has the most chemistry with Castiel and Benny, (and even Sam!) which I find hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 3, 2020 1:40 AM

Is the actor who plays Rufus (Steven Williams) gay?

He sets off my gaydar, like a 5-Alarm fire.

Also, I had no idea that he was on the original 21 Jump Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 4, 2020 2:57 PM

Are you guys aware of this academic paper from 2016?

[bold]‘Jensen Ackles is a (homophobic) douchebag’: the ‘politics of slash’ in debates on a TV star’s homophobia[/bold]

[quote]This article analyses discourse on the DataLounge LGBT Internet forum that debates whether Jensen Ackles (star of The CW’s Supernatural) is homophobic. Textual analysis is performed on five relevant threads created between 2007 and 2014, which have attracted in excess of 1150 responses. This discourse is considered in conjunction with existing scholarship on Supernatural as a cult phenomenon, in particular Ackles’ portrayal of the character Dean Winchester, who has been read by scholars (and members of the DataLounge forum) in relation to a certain hegemonic view of masculinity and heterosexuality, often at odds with the popularity of the series among ‘slash fans’, who undertake homoerotic readings. In light of this, I argue that the defensive and offensive posturing of participants on DataLounge can be understood as a case study of what I term the ‘politics of slash’. Such politics underscore some of the main pieces of presented ‘evidence’ for Ackles’ homophobia, such as unwillingness to discuss subtext at fan conventions. While Ackles is the catalyst for the discourse created, I argue that what is most interesting is the insight offered into ‘slash’ as a fan practice, and the subcultural groups most affected and energised by this debate, namely male homosexuals and slash fans. The study brings to bear new insight into understandings of slash and subcultural celebrity by considering the practice as it is constructed through the debate of a TV star’s supposed homophobia, a debate that is itself framed by certain ‘politics’ of representation, visibility, and identity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 8, 2020 4:11 AM

I just love how the use of big-word jargon is wielded by academics these days to conceal the sad fact that they are "studying" facile rubbish which is nothing but the sexual fantasies of teenage girls and middle-aged hausfrauen.

I mean hell, most of us here would agree and celebrate that DL threads themselves are mostly facile rubbish, never mind what slash and Supernatural are.

by Anonymousreply 94June 8, 2020 6:09 AM

[Quote] Such politics underscore some of the main pieces of presented ‘evidence’ for Ackles’ homophobia, such as unwillingness to discuss subtext at fan conventions.

I can't imagine why Jensen would want to waste his time talking about it. Or why fans even bother to ask him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 95June 8, 2020 9:28 AM

Merry Christmas from Destiel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 8, 2020 6:40 PM

Has anyone ever commented on how lucky Sam is, to have such a hot and caring older brother to look after him?

by Anonymousreply 97June 8, 2020 7:02 PM

Surely you jest, R97.

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2020 4:52 AM

This show is beyond terrible. I'm shocked it's still on.

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2020 4:57 AM

R99 it's almost over.

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2020 6:58 AM

There's one more season starting in the Fall, R99.

by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2020 9:24 AM

Padalecki hit the wall HARD.

by Anonymousreply 102June 9, 2020 11:00 AM

It’s still the same season 15.

They are going to finish it up in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 103June 9, 2020 3:00 PM

There's only one episode in the whole series, where I actually disliked either Sam or Dean, and it was in the Night Shifter episode.

For whatever reason, Sam was being such a fucking DICK to that conspiracy theory guy Ronald. He was arrogant and dismissive, and it actually made me really hate Sam in that episode.

I loved when Ronald had Sam and Dean at gunpoint, and Sam tried to say something to Ronald, then Ronald shouted back at him, "I 'aint talking to you! I don't like you!" Haha. Fuck you, Sammy. That's what you get for being a dick to Ronald.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 9, 2020 7:27 PM

r104 Sam's reasoning is that he wanted to get Ronald away from the case immediately, in order to protect him. I didn't hate him in that episode, but I did like it when Ronald put Sam in his place. The writers no doubt saw that Sam deserved some comeuppance despite his good intention.

by Anonymousreply 105June 9, 2020 8:50 PM

Dear god, not this shitty show again?

I thought this garbage went off this year!!!

by Anonymousreply 106June 9, 2020 8:57 PM

r106 Enough, dude. You've made your point.

by Anonymousreply 107June 9, 2020 8:59 PM

TNT has been airing some great episodes this week.

Supernatural Christmas, Mystery Spot, and Wishing Well on Thursday.

I'm currently watching the episode with the immortal doctor who tries to scoop out Sammy's eyes. It made me laugh, because they stole a scene from Jared's movie "House of Wax," where he was put on a table and had his eyes taped open.

SPN did an homage to Sam's role in that movie, with this scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 9, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote] Enough, dude. You've made your point.

Gay SPN Fan Fraus who use the word "dude" thinking that it will make them sound masculine, like Dean Winchester, are more tiresome that the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 109June 9, 2020 10:31 PM

r109 You are weird. Is that all this is about - you hate Jensen Ackles because he's homophobic but also cute?

by Anonymousreply 110June 9, 2020 10:40 PM

One day I was looking out my second floor office window and it looked like two men were sitting in a truck behind my office. The whole office is women. Someone asked me what I was looking at and I told them, there's two guys sitting back here. We were all looking for about 8 minutes and these guys did not move at all. They were totally still

My boss went outside and went up to the truck and discovered it was just car seat covers of the two Supernatural guys, but from a distance it looked like 2 real guys. The truck belonged to some 70 yr old lady

by Anonymousreply 111June 9, 2020 10:55 PM

That's hilarious, R111

by Anonymousreply 112June 9, 2020 11:36 PM

I just watched the "Red Sky At Morning" episode, and all I can think of is that Sam should have married Gert.

She was a rich old lady, after his fine young ass. He could have married her and inherited her millions.

Gert was so into Sam. All he had to do was play along, and he would have been set for life.

What a dummy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 11, 2020 3:03 AM

r113 That's one of my least favored episodes.

by Anonymousreply 114June 11, 2020 3:14 AM

I can't believe you didn't like that episode, R114.

There were so many funny moments between Bela and Dean.

My favorite parts were when Bela called Sammy a drama queen, Dean asking numerous times if he could shoot Bela, and Bela saying "how Oscar Wilde of you" when Dean said "screw you" to her. I guess with that comment, even Bela thinks that Dean is gay.

My favorite was Dean coming down the stairs in his tux, while Bela waited for him. Usually, it's always the female who gets the big reveal when coming down the stairs, but I love how the show changed it up and made the male the focus of the glamorous evening wear.

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2020 2:04 AM

This show is awful. How anyone stands to watch it is beyond me. It's barely much more than Saturday morning cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 116June 12, 2020 2:49 AM

Supernatural is in its 15th season, and is till doing better - in criticism and ratings-wise - than many "trendy" shows Dataloungers never attack, such as "Batwoman."

by Anonymousreply 117June 12, 2020 2:59 AM

[Quote] I guess with that comment, even Bela thinks that Dean is gay.

More like you were projecting.

[Quote] Supernatural is in its 15th season, and is till doing better - in criticism and ratings-wise - than many "trendy" shows Dataloungers never attack, such as "Batwoman."

Batwoman does get shit on here. But it's only just starting and not beating a dead horse. Also helps that the lead character is gay. And it's the second highest rated show on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 118June 12, 2020 7:46 AM

[quote] I guess with that comment, even Bela thinks that Dean is gay.

[quote] More like you were projecting.

Dean said, "Screw you."

Bela replied, "How very Oscar Wilde of you."

What's your interpretation of that scene, smart ass?

by Anonymousreply 119June 12, 2020 8:00 AM

r118 That "Supernatural" has an average of 2 million viewers per episode despite being in its 15th season, speaks to its favor. That "Batwoman" is "just starting" with an average of 1.7 million viewers per episode, adds to its disrepute. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 120June 12, 2020 8:06 AM

R120 aww someone's bitter their show is ending.

by Anonymousreply 121June 12, 2020 12:56 PM

[quote]That "Supernatural" has an average of 2 million viewers per episode despite being in its 15th season, speaks to its favor.

Did you fail math, R120? The average weekly ratings for Supernatural's Fifteenth Season are not anywhere close to two million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 12, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote]Dean said, "Screw you." Bela replied, "How very Oscar Wilde of you." What's your interpretation of that scene, smart ass?

Jesus, R119, not everything is about being gay.

Wilde was known for his witty ripostes--something Dean's response in that scene was severely lacking.

by Anonymousreply 123June 12, 2020 4:31 PM

Loved it when he said “Don’t objectify me” Or words to that effect.

by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2020 7:15 PM

r122 That's not counting DVR views, which are only computed later and will appear on the main Supernatural Wikipedia page. If I hadn't counted DVR views, "Batwoman's" viewership would be at 1.3 million per episode. That's where The CW's flagship shows are at, right now. The difference is that that's Supernatural's viewership in season 15, whereas their other shows are in season 1, 3 or 5. Which, yes, speaks to Supernatural's favor, as I said before.

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote] Dean said, "Screw you." Bela replied, "How very Oscar Wilde of you." What's your interpretation of that scene, smart ass?

[quote] Jesus, R119, not everything is about being gay. Wilde was known for his witty ripostes--something Dean's response in that scene was severely lacking.

Fine.

Oscar Wilde was both witty AND gay.

But obviously, Dean was not even close to being witty, so obviously that only leaves the gay part. I'm pretty sure that's what Bela was implying, when she said "how very Oscar Wilde of you."

[quote] Loved it when he said “Don’t objectify me” Or words to that effect.

That's exactly what he said, R124. I loved that scene.

by Anonymousreply 126June 13, 2020 2:56 AM

[Quote] That's not counting DVR views,

Lol

[Quote] But obviously, Dean was not even close to being witty, so obviously that only leaves the gay part. I'm pretty sure that's what Bela was implying, when she said "how very Oscar Wilde of you."

Wrong again.

by Anonymousreply 127June 13, 2020 3:46 AM

Someone explain sarcasm to R119.

Or, just don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 128June 14, 2020 3:45 AM

You're an idiot, R126.

by Anonymousreply 129June 16, 2020 11:36 PM

I just watched the Family Remains episode, and there were two actual celebs in that episode.

Dylan Minnette from 13 Reasons, and Helen Slater of 80's fame!

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2020 11:21 AM

The Real Ghostbusters episode is hilarious.

I wonder if Becky's first annual "Supernatural Convention" kicked off the real-life conventions?

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2020 11:26 AM

"The French Mistake" is airing on TNT on Thursday.

Catch it if you can.

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2020 3:51 PM

Yay! Love it !

by Anonymousreply 133June 25, 2020 1:36 AM

Correction, R133.

Swan Song is on Thursday 6/25.

The French Mistake is on Tuesday 6/30.

Both on TNT.

by Anonymousreply 134June 25, 2020 1:41 AM

So apparently Jared has sold his plane.

Makes sense since they will no longer be commuting to Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 135June 27, 2020 5:12 AM

On the other hand, nobody will be getting on a commercial plane with any assurance anytime soon. You'd think you'd hang onto it till then. Maybe the CW were subsidising it, and stopped.

by Anonymousreply 136June 27, 2020 1:49 PM

Why would The CW subsidize a plane for Jared, and only Jared?

by Anonymousreply 137June 27, 2020 1:55 PM

Both of them regularly used it to get from Austin to Vancouver and back.

by Anonymousreply 138June 27, 2020 1:57 PM

I wonder if Misha and Jensen were ever "intimate" in the cockpit?

by Anonymousreply 139June 27, 2020 6:36 PM

Texas Walker won't be filmed in Vancouver???

by Anonymousreply 140June 27, 2020 11:23 PM

Nope, it will be filmed in Austin.

I doubt very much that the thirsty asshole Collins flew much in Jared’s plane.

by Anonymousreply 141June 28, 2020 6:26 AM

#cancelCW

Those assholes refuse to show re-runs of Supernatural season 15.

WhYYYY???

by Anonymousreply 142June 28, 2020 6:33 AM

[Quote] I doubt very much that the thirsty asshole Collins flew much in Jared’s plane.

Misha?? Thirsty??

by Anonymousreply 143June 28, 2020 6:36 AM

Ignore the Misha hater, R143. He/she is deranged.

Reminder of the link to Part 20, when this thread gets paywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 28, 2020 10:06 PM

Hello. I've been away for a while, first because of Muriel's diva moment and then because there isn't much to talk about right now when it comes to SPN.

That being said, have some drunk Jensen macking on an apprehensive Misha. These two write their own fanfictions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2020 3:57 AM

You can tell Jensen wants to take him right there on the stage.

In front of the fans.

Wonder what Jared makes of this...

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2020 5:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!