Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Advice on Tongue Cancer Please (and life, art, nature, and pets)- Thread 4

More discussion about life, art, nature, and pets...

Link to previous thread (Thread 3): www.datalounge.com/thread/24809863

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340December 28, 2022 1:06 AM

At the end of the previous thread, someone posted the following story about bluejays:

Blue jays are nesting in a tree right near my patio. It happens every year and when the babies get close to leaving the nest the parents get very aggressive and attack my cat. They scream at him constantly and hop around within 18 inches of him and dive bomb him and nip the end of his tail. He lays there all helpless and gives out stress meows unless he comes in on his own or I go get him. He's usually out for just a few minutes before the noise gets to be too much.

Once the babies leave the nest my cat is on lock down. The babies are vulnerable for a few weeks. While they're learning to fly they flop around in the bushes and can't get up higher easily. I did some research, the young birds stay with their parents through fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2020 6:03 AM

I reposted that pic above because, well, I've never seen a cuter bluejay.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2020 6:04 AM

My mother is obsessed with birds.

When I was a kid, she rescued and raised an injured baby starling. When it was ready, she even taught it to fly by tossing it up in the air, higher and higher over time. After it was healed and she let it go, it would come back to the house to visit every once in awhile. Until one day, the bird gave itself a long bath in a mud puddle to wash away the human scent and then moved on to his new life.

A few years later she rescued a homing pigeon. She kept it in a box up high on my brother's dresser. One morning she checked in on him and let out a shriek. My cat had jumped onto the dresser and climbed into the box. Upon closer inspection, my mother relaxed. The cat was curled up into a circle, with the bird napping in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2020 6:08 AM

One day my mom found a mockingbird in a tree at eye level by the front porch stoop. It was too afraid to move even though we were close enough to touch it. She put some shredded cheese in the tree. The bird stayed around for about 10 years, coming back each spring, eventually with a mate, to eat the shredded cheese my mother left on the back deck.

She even befriended a huge crow and a red hawk who repeatedly visited the deck for shredded cheese.

She named all of these birds, and when she saw them flying around, she'd call their names. It was actually quite embarrassing at the time, but now I find it charming.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2020 6:11 AM

But, back to bluejays. My mother eventually decided to welcome the bluejays to the deck. To keep them away from the shredded cheese, she would dump a few handfuls of peanuts on a table on the other side of the deck. About 5 minutes later, there would be up to 7 bluejays at a time on the deck, taking turns hopping down onto the table. When a bluejay got its turn on the table, it would grab a peanut with its beak, and shake it, trying to guess the size of the nut inside the shell. The bird would finally make a decision and fly off with the nut. Then another bluejay would hop onto the table and repeat the selection process.

After several months, a neighbor complained to my mother that a bluejay had dropped its peanut in her yard. Her dog had swallowed it, and the shell caused problems inside the dog, requiring a vet intervention. After that, my mom spent several minutes each day shelling peanuts before placing them on the table on the deck. The bluejays were thrilled; it was a quicker and easier meal for them.

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2020 6:19 AM

I think OP Brian may starting painting blue jays if we keep this up! lol

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2020 2:23 PM

Blue Jays are part of the corvid family and can imitate human speech.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2020 2:34 PM

I'd love to own one of Brian's paintings, but I'm on a print budget. Congratulations to the poster who bought "Determination," it is one of my favorites!

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2020 9:04 PM

Fun fact about blue jays:

They're not really blue. Their feathers contain some sort of crystal that reflects the color blue.

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2020 11:29 PM

One of my favorites - Brian Nash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2020 1:27 AM

I like that one, too, R10. My cat looks like Skittles. But, my cat is annoying the hell out of me running back and forth, meowing...I would never let him get near a drum set!

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2020 2:21 AM

Yes I love that suggestion about illustrating for a children's book....do we know any publishers?

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2020 2:27 AM

We have some fine writers and MANY wealthy people. Somebody start a collaboration!

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2020 2:30 AM

Related to the bird posts above; I’ve really enjoyed having a bird feeder during this lockdown. My partner has always kept it but I’d never paid it much attention. Lately, whenever I walk by the window I check it.. I’ve identified every species (Including blue jays) and it’s really quite satisfying to learn about them and anticipate seeing something new. It offers a connection to nature even in a city.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2020 2:43 AM

I propose Brian Nash's first illustrated children's book title:

[bold]Skittles Goes to London!

by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2020 3:23 AM

Here's my cat enjoying some birdwatching from my apartment window. I put some birdseed on the ledge outside the window.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2020 3:39 AM

R16, what kind of bird is that? What a coincidence, there are two of them that hang all day outside on our kitchen windowsill. We think they’re watching their nest.

by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2020 4:39 AM

It looks like a Mourning Dove

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2020 4:51 AM

Yes, that's a dove. There are lots of doves around here. They're the main customer when I put out seed.

Then, there's also a flock of about 12 pigeons that live on the block. Their bodies are very similar to doves, except, they're much bigger. And they have beautiful fuchsia and turquoise coloring. See below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2020 5:06 AM

Skittles and the Hamburger is my favorite, but there's another one I have my eye on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2020 11:31 AM

Another title for Brian's first illustrated children's book:

[bold]Skittles Goes to London to See The Queen! ....and discovers he's a DUKE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2020 2:53 PM

R20 - Now that I see it, I may have to take the plunge and get it. I hadn’t seen that one when I had checked on the website.

However, back to the most important topic of the thread.

Sending well wishes your way Brian and hoping you aren’t in any pain today.

by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2020 6:21 PM

This whole iteration of this thread is adorable so far. I love the stories of the bird-loving mom and that painting of Skittles!

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2020 6:25 PM

Before they knocked down the cute little craftsmen house with its Birds of Paradise aside our building, we used to get hummingbirds all the time. This thread makes me want to get a feeder to get them back.

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2020 6:34 PM

My robin song is so accurate I can get a whole flock to gather under my window every evening at dusk. And my blue jay cry almost caused one of those ruffians to fly into the pane of glass to get by me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2020 7:29 PM

love the children's book idea too. Or just a book of art by Brian.

Hope everyone is doing okay, or better.

Take care Brian. I am thinking of you today.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2020 8:10 AM

OPB here. I’m afraid i need to keep this brief. I have been in the hospital more most of this week, and in incredible pain, and not functioning well. I was barely lucid the morning a friend called an ambulance to take me here. It was needed. I have pneumonia and they are trying to minimize it with antibiotics enough to get me home. Even if they do, it is clear I have less time than i thought I did. And I am touched by how completely my friends have rallied. Wish me luck, gang!

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2020 3:21 AM

No luck needed Brian. The universe is going to take care of you. Only good thoughts for you. It's been a privilege. We are in this together despite the illusion that we aren't.

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2020 3:31 AM

Beautifully said, r28, and I think that’s how we all feel.

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2020 3:35 AM

Thank you for checking in OPB. May you have peace and comfort.

by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2020 3:52 AM

Good thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2020 4:17 AM

May you be pain free and at peace. We love you, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2020 5:15 AM

Oh No Brian, I am so sorry. Hopefully the medication works, also the pain killers. Just try to rest and meditate.

Love, Peacefulness & Light!

by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2020 5:43 AM

Thanks for continuing to think of us Brian. I am blown away by your consideration for others.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2020 6:13 AM

Brian, your post tonight prompted me to go back and reread Thread 1. It really is something to see those early posts and the immediacy with which you were encouraged to not give up without a fight. I recognized my original response (R102), in which I shared my experience with tongue cancer and ended with,

[quote]...but you will find there are more people out there than you can ever imagine who want nothing more than to provide as much or as little love and support you need to get through this. Please let them.

You have allowed us to come along on your journey, and I hope you continue to find strength and solace in our love and support for you during this difficult time.

Hugs and Kisses, OPB!

P.S., I have had my eye on one of your paintings as it evokes a silly, but cherished, childhood memory, and am excitedly looking forward to committing to it in the next few weeks (I recently got my stimulus check, and I am also happily starting a new, full-time job on Monday).

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2020 6:31 AM

I'm told an attitude of intense curiosity will see you through, OPB. Aside from your other feelings, let your curiosity shine with the most strength. And you are surrounded by love.

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2020 10:37 AM

Hi Brian,

This is 5 day old Nash, who is named for the star. He didn't have the easiest start to life, but he's powering through. Good thoughts for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2020 11:52 AM

Sending you much love, OPB. Thank you for letting us know how/where you are., and for letting us share this journey with you.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2020 12:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2020 12:46 PM

Sorry for mangled English in my post, at r39. A little upset when I wrote that one....sorry.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Love you, Brian. Thank you for letting us be part of your journey.

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Brian, lifting you up with peace and love.

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2020 1:29 PM

With you Brian, in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2020 1:43 PM

Hope the antibiotics will be effective soon. Sending lots of love.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2020 2:49 PM

Much love to you Brian.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2020 3:18 PM

Many soft hugs and kisses sent to you. x

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2020 3:31 PM

Oh Brian, I'm crushed to hear this, but am glad you have friends that truly care for you. I wish there was a way that we could help too. The Balloon Boys give all their love, while I give you many positive and healing vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2020 4:42 PM

Brian, love and peace to you and no more pain or worry. <3

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2020 4:50 PM

I wish you peace, Brian. Thanks so much for the lovely paintings, and for sharing your journey with us.

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2020 12:04 AM

Sending positive thoughts to you today, OP Brian. Hope the medication is lessening the pain somewhat and you are able to sleep, rest a bit.

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2020 4:51 PM

Hope you are doing better and the medication/treatment is working.

Thinking of you, Brian.

XOXOXOXO

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2020 2:23 AM

Hi Brian, I'm hoping you're better. Sending positive vibes to you. xoxoxo.

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2020 5:18 PM

Thanks for the great pics of your cute little balloon boys r52. Adorable.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2020 8:11 PM

Hoping the hospital takes great care of you Brian and you can find some relief. Positive vibes to you always. :)

by Anonymousreply 54May 18, 2020 4:26 PM

Thank you r53 they're keeping me sane during this weirdo times.

Brian thinking of you on this beautiful rainy day in West Hollywood. I am hoping you are feeling okay.

by Anonymousreply 55May 18, 2020 5:59 PM

*these weirdo times

by Anonymousreply 56May 18, 2020 5:59 PM

Thinking of you Brian, and wishing you all the best.

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2020 6:42 PM

Warm thoughts and thinking of you too OP Brian.

by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2020 8:41 PM

Love and hugs to you Brian.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2020 9:17 PM

Good thoughts to you, Brian. I hope your pain has been brought under control.

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2020 10:17 PM

Love you, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2020 12:24 AM

R27, Brian. I hope you are comfortably back at home.

Your assignment for the balance of this season is to inhale all the love here and exhale any and all doubt and fear. Still working on the summer task (probably something involving speedos). In the meantime, Just breathe, love.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2020 1:29 AM

One more thing Bri, I had forgotten last time I had posted on your thread: try listening to this when you turn in at night, or anytime really. I know it reeks of "woo", but it can't hurt either. I'm still lighting a candle for you every Friday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2020 2:13 AM

I hope you’re having excellent care in hospital, Brian. I often think about you here in London. Thinking about you even more now and hope they’ve helped you find some relief. Much love and warm hugs.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2020 4:16 AM

Brian, I am sending so much love. Hoping that you are comfortable and able to rest.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2020 5:50 AM

May I please ask your help in finding the first iteration of this thread?

I’d like to be a part of it, and I wish to catch up, from the beginning. I’d bet there are others who feel the same way.

Thanks, and I really like your artwork, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2020 7:24 AM

R66, here's the first thread. Will look for part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2020 11:26 AM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2020 11:27 AM

Good Morning, Brian: Hope you are resting now after a tough few days. Sending heaps of love and warm wishes.

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2020 12:06 PM

Sending positive thoughts and love to you, Brian, from the Colorado Rockies.

I wonder what pleasure it must give you knowing your paintings are hanging in the children's hospital not far from you there at Vanderbilt. There's something a bit magical about this, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2020 11:51 PM

Please take good care of Brian, all that are helping and aiding him now.

Thinking of Brian today, XOXOXO

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2020 3:17 AM

Brian, just know we love you. Thank you for allowing us into your life.

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2020 4:02 AM

XOX that's all.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2020 11:24 AM

Fellow posters, sadly it looks as though Brian has passed away.

I found the memorial site (at link) this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2020 11:57 AM

I am sobbing like a child.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2020 12:05 PM

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2020 12:06 PM

I had a feeling that had happened... in fact googled obituaries yesterday morning but i guess it hadn’t been posted. RIP just doesn’t seem to be enough... he seemed to be an amazing person with a wonderful character and essence, and I still am at a loss to understand how stuff like this happens to such good people.

by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Thank you, r74. Godspeed Brian. Thank you for bringing us all together for a brief moment and allowing us into your magical world of love, curiosity and delight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2020 12:27 PM

An article about him from 2014. What an interesting man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2020 12:32 PM

Brian you are one of those shining people and I'll miss knowing you are here. x

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2020 12:39 PM

Years ago I was in a feed store in a dusty little town on the Colorado plains. Out in the middle of nowhere. As my bf and I passed a revolving rack of greeting cards something caught my eye so I stopped to take a closer look. It was Brian's painting of two dogs in an embrace staring at the night sky on a card That image. I don't know how he did it but Brian had the ability to touch others profoundly.

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2020 12:58 PM

Thank you for posting that incredible interview with Brian, r70. What strikes me - He was a creative spirit and you can't 'contain' or 'suppress' creative spirits like his. They must seek to fulfill something inside themselves. I am so glad he found his passion - and did so well, incredibly well with it. That's all you can ask for really in this life. Above all, he loved to love. He loved his cats and it broke his heart to be without them. How lucky are we to have shared this brief journey, the last few precious months. Words like - Dignity. Compassion. Humility come to my mind. He cared about us - he posted to keep us to date so we wouldn't worry too much. He thought of us - all of us - and we loved him back. We loved the creative genius in him but we mostly loved the innocence and fun and exuberance (!) he brought to live in his Art.

I am so glad, so grateful he got to see London and visit his favourite haunts. He was even planning a second trip (!) which was incredibly cheeky, wild, fun and just like him! If we can live 1% of Brian's world of love, fun and play we have got the secret to life. I think we know that times are tough for a lot of folks - this is just a reminder of what really matters. Don't want to end this post and I won't likely post again on this thread again.

Thank you to everyone who made Brian's threads incredible, amazing and full of love, caring and insight. I wish you all a good day and a day to be kind to each other. Don't forget to smile though - Brian wouldn't want us to frown, be sad. If he was here reading this, he'd probably tell me "Thanks, so kind, I appreciate it." He was always to us, each one of us, he read all our posts and he always answered.

I think we made a friend for life. What an achievement! What a gift!

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2020 1:07 PM

It was a nice thing that happened here.

I'm glad Brian was able to know that he inspired it, and that he also drew comfort from it. He made a dent in this world.

This was a kind little hidden corner in the universe that we've all secretly shared for several years together. We can thank Brian and each other for that.

Our little grouping actually felt like one of his bright and happy paintings.

Peace to you all. Good eggs, every one of you. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Hard to believe it’s been a few years since he made that first post, asking for advice and not sure if he even wanted treatment.

He put up a good fight and kept on living even once he knew what the outcome would be. I’m hoping his last few days were not too painful, and that he died with happy memories and knowing just how many people he touched.

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Gentlemen, you are the best. All of you. What you did here was amazing. Reading these posts makes my heart ache, but at the same time reaffirms my belief in the essential goodness of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2020 1:23 PM

Oh Brian. What a magnificent humble man you were. You will not be forgotten. A fine example to us all. I hope your energy lives on somewhere out there x

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2020 1:32 PM

So sad - yet there is an element of knowing he was ready for it and peace in knowing he was starting to suffer and it went quickly. So much insight into how fragile life is. I only hope I face it with the same bravery. Reading of his experience and his honesty about the big and small things has been one of the most meaningful online exchanges I’ve ever had. He was able to transform a medium that has been used for so many negative or irrelevant things into something truly touching and educational and inspiring. Well done Brian.

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2020 1:32 PM

[quote]Gentlemen, you are the best.

As are the ladies. :-)

I'll second (third? fourth?) all the sentiments about OPB, and about the inherent kindness and goodness the posters in these threads have displayed over the past couple of years. I've said it a few times since Brian's original post: this is why I love the DL.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2020 1:40 PM

Thanks for everything, Brian. We'll miss you.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2020 2:02 PM

Our DL Patron Saint, OPBrian, now looks on us from another dimension.

Respect to OPB! For you have made one heck of a journey. Peace to you now.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2020 3:14 PM

He started off as a business man (MBA from Dartmouth) but he was still able to pursue a creative career as the former Director of Retail Marketing at Polo Ralph Lauren. That position would likely oversee the design of the displays (i.e. mannequins and their accessories), window decorations, and signage/artwork. A lot of us probably encountered his work while we were shopping.

Then, he left the rat race to focus on work that was more personally creative and satisfying: music and then painting. And he was able to make money off it. He was lucky to pursue his passion and achieve success at it.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2020 3:25 PM

sorry to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2020 3:42 PM

Oh fuck, I was afraid of this. I actually contacted his sister on FB a few days ago because I was getting concerned, but of course, haven't heard from her.

Brian, you were a special man, who brought grace, art, humility, class and the ability to bring out the best from this ragtag assortment of people on Datalounge. I'll have you guys know that in the early days of his diagnosis, he just wanted to occupy his mind, so painted my Balloon Boys for free. To freely give a gift like that shows you how gracious he was and the gift is priceless to me.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2020 4:01 PM

Should we try to do a little toast in a gallery to him when all of this blows over?

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2020 4:02 PM

I did a search for Brian’s name on Facebook, and there are some posts on their from his friends. Check them out—he truly was a special person. It’s really nice that we could see that on DL.

by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2020 4:09 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever commented on these threads but I’ve stuck with them ever since his first post and am so bummed to see this. He was remarkable and the same could be said for all of you. RIP OPB!

by Anonymousreply 96May 20, 2020 4:09 PM

One of his Facebook friends:

So Brian asked me to let everyone know when he died that he was dead. Yes, that was how he put it. "Will you let the Facebook people know because that’s probably the quickest and most efficient way, right?" I said yes, but only if I write it now, and you approve of it beforehand. So I did, and of course he made his edits, and this has been sitting in my files for a few months now. It is the hardest post that I have ever written; but only because he was one of the greatest people I have ever known(he would have made me leave that out).

We lost a good one yesterday. A truly good man. A gentle man and a gentleman. A devoted son and brother, a beloved friend, a brilliant artist.

To all who loved him, may you know that up until his very last days Brian Nash did what he loved most: Paint. Until he could no longer hold the brushes, he painted. He put his heart into every canvas; creating images full of light, color, joy, love. Everything he painted, whether it be museum studies of famous artists(with subtle imagery hidden in the homage), advertising spoofs, pop art icons, or everyday household items; all of his art held that certain Nash bent. Animals, food, TV and film, were all subjects to which Brian lent his talent and humor. Commissions of people’s beloved pets, caught in a nuanced way that only the owner could recognize, were his utmost joy to create.

Brian’s paintings danced off the canvas, begging us to join in the fun. And so we did. How could we not? Even the titles captured us and made us laugh. Brian was wicked funny.

But there was so much more to Brian than his art.

Brian held a Master’s Degree from Dartmouth, an Ivy League college(he was damn proud of that as well he should have been). He was an advertising executive for Polo, a true Nashville songwriter(as in he actually had songs published), and he was known to wait a table or two. He loved the theater, books, music and his home town of Boston. Brian was a voracious reader, and could speak intelligently on even the most obscure of subjects. Brian loved his pets. Many knew his dog Rufus and his cat Skittles, who often appeared in his paintings, but he also rescued many a kitty from the streets to give them a forever home.

To paraphrase Hamilton, NOT one of his favorite shows so he would hate this, Brian painted as if he were running out of time. Constantly working, 4 canvasses at once, paint everywhere, yet never did a single painting look “manufactured for sale”. Oftentimes he would say he needed to “sell a painting to make some money”. What would he do with that money? Go to Dollar General and make dozens of kits for homeless people, and then go distribute them. Toothbrushes, water, snacks, whatever he thought could be useful. Then back to painting to repeat the charity(and sometimes pay the bills).

A kinder heart could not be found.

Brian was diagnosed with cancer In the summer of 2018. He was given 3-6 months to live, but he stuck around. He was very matter of fact about it: Death did not scare him. But as long as he was here, he was going to create as much art as he could. It is his beautiful legacy which yes, we can see with our eyes, but more importantly, we can feel, deeply, with our hearts.

Brian was like a brother to me. When he loved, he loved fiercely, and I mean that in both senses of the word. I loved him with all of my heart. I learned so much from him, every.single.day. Brian brought light into the lives of all he knew; whether in talk, paint or his porkpie hats. He was such a gift.

Brian, you outlived your expiration date, but there was never enough time. Xo, R

by Anonymousreply 97May 20, 2020 4:10 PM

Good gods, that is devastating. What a beautiful memorial.

by Anonymousreply 98May 20, 2020 4:15 PM

This has made me turn down a job offer to go back to my rat race corporate life today. Life is too short to do something you hate. Brian showed you can live a full, creative, fulfilled life. And that the good people are too often taken early. Thanks Brian.

by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2020 4:16 PM

[quote]I'll have you guys know that in the early days of his diagnosis, he just wanted to occupy his mind, so painted my Balloon Boys for free.

I remember when he extended that generous offer to the posters in the first thread, and regret not taking him up on it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2020 4:27 PM

I can only find his FB art page, and I don't see any tributes from his friends. Does he have another FB page?

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2020 4:31 PM

we will miss you, Brian

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2020 4:32 PM

That's a wonderful testimony R99, you are inspired. Don't look back too much, although after 30 years some days I still say I'm a recovering law firm slave.

Brian had all his ducks in a row, no doubt about it. A life well lived.

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2020 4:33 PM

[quote]I don't see any tributes from his friends

Just type Brian's name into the search box on Facebook, then click "posts" (up top, next to "all").

Posts that mention him will then appear, and you can read the tributes.

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2020 4:36 PM

Thank you r104, "Brian Nash" turned up posts for me. From another friend: Today is a very sad day. I lost my precious friend of 26 years, Brian Nash. He was a lovable curmudgeon, a wit, a critic of the the tiniest details of life. Before there was Seinfeld, there was Brian, who had a well considered opinion on absolutely everything. Brian was super smart, well traveled, witty and urbane. He did everything fast (ask his co-writers), had little patience and didn’t suffer fools. But, he had unending patience and unconditional love for animals. Brian was a man of many talents. He was a successful advertising and marketing exec, he built beautiful furniture and wrote beautiful songs. But, 7 years ago, Brian found his ultimate calling. His paintings were pure joy, with their child-like depictions and brilliant colors, with a wink of his sophisticated and adorable sense of humor. Brian lived life on his own terms and charmed and disarmed one and all. I feel sad for all who have lost him and so blessed to be his close friend and to have had the gift of helping to care for him in these last days. Love you, Doll.

by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2020 4:43 PM

Happy for you, r99. Very best of luck and happiness.

by Anonymousreply 106May 20, 2020 5:20 PM

Words fail me. So many mixed emotions here, but most of all, profound appreciation for all of this and for Brian.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2020 5:36 PM

R104, I'm not the person who asked but I tried your directions and couldn't find much beyond his art page. Maybe you see the others because are already friends on Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Ah, the quotation marks did the trick. Thanks R105.

by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2020 6:05 PM

Oh wow, this is so sad. RIP Brian.

by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2020 6:14 PM

NOOOOoooooOOO

by Anonymousreply 111May 20, 2020 6:58 PM

I knew his last post was goodbye but I didn't want to acknowledge it as such. May he rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 112May 20, 2020 7:02 PM

Director of Retail Marketing for Polo Ralph Lauren before leaving to focus on songwriting and his art. Our Brian was very accomplished.

This SUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 113May 20, 2020 7:03 PM

I love this piece so much. I may spring for it if one of you bitches doesn't beat me to it now that Ive brought it to your attention. I have to get something.

FYI Artfinder has a 15% off sale on at the moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 20, 2020 7:30 PM

Thank you to the poster who shared a link to this thread – and, by default, the preceding threads – with Brian's friend. :-)

These threads served as a sort of online diary for Brian, and I always hoped his friends and family would someday find them so they could read about his feelings, fears, hopes, joys, plans and the like. Perhaps now, his words might bring them a sense of comfort. Or simply add another layer to his richly textured life. I'm glad someone he knew now knows how/where to find them.

Just in case anyone needs it again, or wants to revisit OPB's journey from the beginning, here's a link to the very first thread -- started back in September 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 7:34 PM

This is such an unfair world.

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2020 8:28 PM

Eleanor, thank you for the eloquent and sincere words you left on our behalf on Brian's obituary page.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2020 11:21 PM

Oh, Brian. Godspeed on your journey. Hugging all of you,

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2020 11:38 PM

Brian, I will miss you so much. Through your posts you were a gentle, kind friend to this snarky and wounded soul. Thank you for the wonderful art. May you rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2020 1:21 AM

Words are escaping me, and I am crying. He fought so hard, maybe just for us? His thread, Brian's life, just radiated truth and kindness, the highest level of the human condition. Our struggles, our fears, our capacity to care for others our desires to wax philosophical, and our need for companionship. So much.

He was in so much pain (physical). May you rest in peace, BRIAN. You gave us all LIGHT.

Brian is our Patron Saint of DL. Our guiding Light in our Lives. Immortalized & Beloved

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2020 3:21 AM

Muriel and DLers, what can you do to save this thread?

by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2020 3:26 AM

Is there any way this thread, and the previous two can be archived with the nasty troll comments removed?

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2020 3:37 AM

RIP, Brian. You made Datalounge a nicer place and that is a feat few have achieved.

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2020 3:38 AM

I'm so sad to hear of Brian's death, but I'm so proud to have been a tiny part of his support along with all of you lovely caring people. I'm sure thanks in no small part to you all, he never truly felt alone at the end.. RIP Brian.

NJ mom- xx

by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2020 3:51 AM

RIP OPB. Thanks for your art and posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2020 4:29 AM

Brian, may you find the light or the Tate Museum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2020 4:51 AM

I'm wishing you luck, Brian, for a fabulous view from the heavens. We still here on earth who lovingly followed your journey on DL will miss you. Thank you for sharing the journey with us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2020 5:00 AM

i don't know what I am going to do without Brian, and the rest of you on this thread. I'm sad.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2020 11:03 AM

When my time comes, I'll remember how Brian handled things. He never whined- he was always dignified, matter-of-fact, and frankly fearless. An impressive fellow.

Godspeed, OPB.

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2020 11:20 AM

Oh dear God. I'm sick to my stomach. May God take and keep that beautiful soul of yours. ( even if you didn't believe in him)

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2020 11:42 AM

For Brian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2020 1:25 PM

I haven’t been able to find words, but you have all said it so well.

I rarely commented but I have been reading Brian’s threads from the beginning. He seemed like a kindred spirit. He made the world a better place through his paintings, his kindness, and his love for animals; and those of us who knew him through DL have been changed. I love that he sought advice and came here. I hope that when my time comes I am able to recall Brian’s example and face life and death the way he did. Love you always, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2020 10:13 PM

Brian really brought out the best in people here, I'll always remember him for that.

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2020 10:45 PM

I only briefly read some of the threads on Brian but sad news to hear of his passing.

May we all know we are loved when we go. It seems that Brian was lucky enough to know that.

by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2020 10:49 PM

This is truly sad news, Brian was (and will always be) a wonderful person. I...wish I could write more right now but I’m a bit sad. I will be making a donation to the charity that the family listed on his obituary at R74. It shows that even though you may know what’s coming, it doesn’t lessen the blow.

by Anonymousreply 135May 22, 2020 12:03 AM

I know this probably not tasteful at this juncture..But.. I saw the barefooted pic of Brian a poster provided upthread. WOW! Hot ass feet ! NIIIIIICE! I had never seen a pic of him and now I view him TOTALLY different! The world is a dimmer place now without you Brian. And us 'footies' are missing the hell outta what could have been. God Rest! You deserve it!

by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2020 1:15 AM

R136, thank you for making me take a 2nd look at that post and clicking on the link. Here's a photo of Brian (OP) for those who may have missed it. Handsome man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2020 1:23 AM

I watched my mom live through / die from cancer and now, Brian. I am not scared to die, but am scared of the time leading up to it, if that makes sense. I feel less scared, now. Appreciate Brian and anybody else who can talk about what it's like to go through life with cancer.

by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2020 1:39 AM

Here is the charity of Brian's if you feel inclined to donate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2020 1:57 AM

Thank you for the link. Just made a little donation for Brian.

I wonder if any of his friends know about our Brian threads here. Who knows, they might find it interesting or comforting to read what he was saying here as he went through everything.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2020 3:20 AM

He made us better people. RIP

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2020 3:28 AM

Thanks also for the link, R39, I donated, too. I hope they get a big pile of donations in tribute to Brian Nash.

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2020 3:31 AM

I purchased a painting of Brian's. Well that is half truth. I had purchased it and the offer was accepted. There was a poster that decided they didn't like my comments and decided they were going to review my comments and make his opinion of me known. That painting meant the world to me, but that poster just ruined that painting for me with their comments about me. There is a point when being a bitch is not acceptable. If he thought he was going to win brownie points he didn't. I cancelled my order because I could not look at the painting with the same joy I had when I first saw it. I really hope you are different people in your lives than you are here. Next time you are talking to your friends show them your pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2020 3:52 AM

R143 How did the poster know anything about your painting purchase or associate your comments to someone(or anyone) buying a painting of Brian's? I doubt Brian would have cared either way and would have avoided judgment.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2020 4:06 AM

I posted about buying the painting and what it meant to me. Brian was upset about the back and forth I had with the other poster. Please don't assume you know what Brian would care or not care about R144. You don't know him and neither do I. I would not assume to post what he would think about something.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2020 4:14 AM

everyone post your paintings that you have, or know of, by Brian.

His death is hitting me so hard. He was my dear friend and I meet him on DL, only through Dl.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2020 4:39 AM

Back and forth with the other poster over the painting is different. I thought you meant another DL'r had mentioned your comments here about topics he didn't agree with. That's why I asked how did the guy know it was you ( meaning from DL) Now that you have made that clear, I can see where Brian would be agitated with you two going off over a piece of his work but not judging you regarding comments on topics on DL. That's what I meant by him not caring. I was trying to give you the benefit of doubt. Don't get all self righteous.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2020 4:41 AM

Go fuck yourself R147. It wasn't a "back and forth...over the painting."

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2020 4:51 AM

r148, is it really necessary to sully this thread like that?

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2020 5:36 AM

R143, Brian never posted anything negative about you. Another poster called you out about something, and the back and forth between you and that other poster got very nasty, derailing an otherwise calm and collaborative discussion. Brian gently asked everyone for peace...without pointing a finger at either one of you two. And you wanted to punish Brian by reneging on the deal? And now you're bragging (?) about that? Sick. So fucking sick.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2020 5:51 AM

Please stop

by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2020 5:54 AM

I’m going to keep it real for a bit because I guess I feel a little guilty, a lot sad, and mostly just lost.

I started reading these threads from Brian about a year ago. I assumed that it was just a prank, maybe a desperate attention seeker, or at worst, some guy trying to get “suckers” to buy his artwork using the “I’m sick” card.

Nevertheless, I read the threads from time to time and eventually, I would even seek them out to get an update on OPB. Still, I thought he might be pulling off some kind of con job, but I was intrigued. There also seemed to be a lot of genuine concern for him from others, which was refreshing. There is a lot of snark and evil on DL- which I often contribute to and quite enjoy! Sometimes a change of pace is good, however.

Now, I just feel sad. OPB was a real person, going through a really horrible experience. He handled it so gracefully, so humorously. He cared deeply for his pets and I felt actual sorrow for him when he was trying to deal with sending his pets to his sister’s house just a few weeks/months ago. Maybe that’s what I’ll miss the most about someone I never saw, the connection to humanity he gave me.

Seeing his picture today was also another confirmation moment for me. The vain side of me immediately said “cute daddy type”, lol. After that initial thought, I saw happiness and peace in his gentle face. I saw a man who only a few short years later would be in a place that none of us truly ever want to be, yet we will all face as part of the price for being born. This was a man who knew and gave passion. A man who cared and was cared about. OPB was a man who let creativity and adventure bring more to his life than many of us will ever allow to happen.

Thank you, OPB. I’m truly sorry that it took me a long time to believe that your particular brand of humanity could exist on earth, purely and without an ulterior motive. I hope that now, in whatever form of afterlife is out there, you are at peace and able to take comfort In your creative nature.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Reading his memorial is humbling. He was obviously a man of wit, taste, and kindness. What we saw here in the early days of his threads was a glimpse into his suffering. There were days and nights where he seemed to think he was totally alone. But then it became clear he was not alone and I have to recognize that the love and support he had was there because he earned it. So, in the midst of a problem, I think I am going to ask myself: what would OPB do?

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2020 8:07 AM

R150, I'm the one who called them out, but I only posted once and then left it alone. I wasn't in a back-and-forth with them. In fact, I un-watched this thread so I wouldn't be tempted to say anything else and derail the thread even more. That's why I missed the news about Brian until just now.

This is bad enough, don't drag me personally into some feud that I wasn't part of. I only asked them to please start another thread about their own pets and not hijack Brian's.

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2020 11:10 AM

Please stop r154. Take this elsewhere. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2020 11:46 AM

His family knows of Datalounge. (Someone asked upthread.) One of the first posts on his obit page mentioned it. The other things I've read seem to indicate the family is comforted that he had an online community who cared for him.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2020 11:57 AM

I also support request to "archive" or make this thread searchable, not deleted. Thank you Muriel. Thank you also for supporting this thread. Much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2020 12:04 PM

[quote]I wonder if any of his friends know about our Brian threads here. Who knows, they might find it interesting or comforting to read what he was saying here as he went through everything.

They know. One of our regular posters shared a link to this thread with one of his friends.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2020 12:52 PM

This thread (with a few obvious post exceptions) shows all that can be good about social media. OPB was obviously a member and poster before his diagnosis, I’m so glad he found comfort and support here.

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2020 1:14 PM

I never commented, but I also followed OPB's threads over the past couple years, and like all of you, was incredibly affected by his dignity and grace. This would be sad if it happened to anyone, but he seemed like such a gentle, unique soul, that it feels all the more painful and unfair. I'm actually taking this quite hard. I think I'm still in the denial, anger, depression stages of grief. It's hard to believe his last post was really his final message, though going back and reading some of the replies, many of you sensed it and basically said goodbye. Even his last words here ("Wish me luck, gang!") had a note of cheerfulness in the face terrible finality. What a shining example he was. I can only hope to be as brave when my time comes.

Anyway, I'm feeling low and dejected right now, but I don't think he would want that, so I'm going to try to lift my spirits. Maybe look at his lively paintings, which are full of color and happiness. He left behind a beautiful legacy, and touched many of our lives. Also, with all the fear and uncertainty in the world right now, I like to believe he's in a better place. I will never forget you, Brian! Rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2020 1:21 PM

The invaluable insight into the process of being diagnosed with cancer, going through treatment and facing death will always be with me. His ability to pragmatically deal with such a terrifying process gives me hope when my turn comes. I’ve seen many of my family members go through it and know I have the gene. Brian’s brave, thoughtful, and honest approach is how I would like to think cancer can be approached. Thanks Brian.

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2020 2:04 PM

MURIEL- Please archive the Tongue Cancer threads- they show a spark of humanity in the hissing den of earrings and caftans. You should be a little proud that this was accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2020 5:32 PM

I just noticed thread three is not documented above. I’m reading it now and feeling nostalgic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2020 10:31 PM

He didn’t mention DL in his approved death notice.

Don’t blame him.

Could his cancer have been from HPV/oral?

I know his first thread said it was rare and he didn’t smoke.

by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2020 11:02 PM

R164 Someone asked him this and he said it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2020 11:19 PM

Hey r160 - Sorry to hear you're taking it hard. I am as well - teary, sad, and no ones - I'm kind of alone this this except for DLers here on this thread. What I did yesterday was I have a personal diary/calendar and I copied (feeling bad/guilty about this....) his Skittles paintings. Huge cat lover and my cat, Harry is identical to Skittles in looks and personality. He is also a Little Diablo! Anyway, my calendar is festooned with a beautiful array of Brian's bright, cheerful sketches and I look at them all every day whenever I open my calendar. I did it on the spur of the moment on Tuesday, and finished it on Wednesday. For a few hours, I immersed myself in his drawings/paintings and smiled, laughed, cried as I watched Skittles (one of Skittles in the garden is my favourite) so lovingly painted in each and every masterpiece. I guess in retrospect, it was kind of therapeutic. But anyway, this calendar I will look at and treasure for rest of my life. It is my deeply personal reminder of how the goodness and kindness of one soul can transform a person, a life, an outlook.

My background is in architecture so I guess I am more visual in orientation so these paintings speak to me in ways words do not. I also see Brian's humour, his essence in each painting. Our dear OP Brian left a greater legacy than he ever imagined or hoped for or even dreamed. It's funny that we're affected in similar ways - a lot of us here. I find that rather comforting in a small way.

I don't know what to suggest to lessen your sorrow or angst, but that is how I am dealing with his passing. I have also bookmarked all the threads. Actually his absence is haunting - I miss the goodness, the humility (as others have commented). I also miss the sheer force of his intellect. Wow. What an intellect that man had. Incredible curiosity. Maybe these threads are good for us to help us grieve, talk to each other, help each other, comfort each other. I don't know. If I had a magic wand I'd make your sadness disappear. But you know, if that sadness goes, so does our memory of his gentle soul. Didn't the Queen (I know I know) says that Pain is the price you pay for loving? or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2020 11:44 PM

^^^ NO ONE knows....(meant to say)

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2020 11:45 PM

Thanks, R166. That sounds like a lovely tribute. I think some people wouldn't understand feeling this kind of grief over someone they've never met. It's a comfort knowing many of us are united here in our shared sorrow. I tried reading over the previous threads again, but it's almost too hard right now. Even looking at his paintings made me feel sad. I hope that will lessen in time, and I can eventually think of our worthy OPB with smiles instead of tears.

I noticed that Brian's paintings have been taken down from the websites where they were sold. Not a surprise, given the circumstances, but I do wonder if he left any instructions for the future sale of his art.

by Anonymousreply 168May 23, 2020 12:25 PM

I would think unsold paintings now belong to his family/next of kin. Unless he specified something else to be done with them.

by Anonymousreply 169May 23, 2020 12:29 PM

Sigh....will miss all the people that Brian brought together on this little sunny oasis. Hugs for you all. If I do go to a gallery to toast Brian, I will let you know.

by Anonymousreply 170May 23, 2020 6:06 PM

R170 I loved seeing pics of your balloon boys and edvard’s noble bird. And Brian’s paintings most of all.

by Anonymousreply 171May 23, 2020 10:16 PM

[quote]Wish me luck, gang!

His last words on here are haunting.

by Anonymousreply 172May 23, 2020 10:38 PM

R172- Yes, I was just looking at his last post here... I thought the same thing. Brian knew that his time to move on was coming... And it was haunting, but very light and very hopeful.

I started that 2nd thread for Brian, and I had to be really careful because Brian made it very clear he was an atheist.

I wanted to spew all of my new age beliefs all the time to "make him feel better"..

And now, all I hope for him, is that his soul is HAPPY. And I pray that he was wrong! I hope he was greeted by the universe's kindest beings and that he was FLOORED by how loved he is and how much wonder and joy awaits him in his future lifetimes..

It was a privilege to meet his acquaintance here. And I hope to meet him somewhere, somehow- down the road-

by Anonymousreply 173May 23, 2020 10:49 PM

I´m sorry to hear about his passing. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 174May 23, 2020 10:51 PM

R173, thank you for your restraint & respect. I'm serious. We all have different beliefs & different ways of dealing with serious illnesses (our own illnesses).

by Anonymousreply 175May 23, 2020 10:55 PM

I just hope he was pain free in his last days. He was in a lot of pain when he posted in those last weeks.

by Anonymousreply 176May 23, 2020 11:03 PM

R176, it seems like Brian was in a hospital when he died. I'm guessing he had the choice to use a morphine drip.

by Anonymousreply 177May 23, 2020 11:06 PM

Whatever happens to OPB's remaining paintings I'd wager an animal charity(s) will benefit from the eventual sales.

by Anonymousreply 178May 23, 2020 11:06 PM

R175, Absolutely. One thing I am is pretty private in my beliefs-

However, I hope my friend Brian was simply AMAZED at how wrong he was. No one disappears. Energy transforms.

Brian, my friend- there would make me nothing happier than to say that you were wrong , brother!!!!!

Ironically, Brian knows that truth now. I do not.

Just saw R176.. Me too... He clearly knew that he was in trouble in that last post. And within a week, he was gone.

Much love to you Brian!!!!! You taught me so much!!!!! Rest in POWER and show us the way!!!!!! All is well now, Brian! The future is yours.

by Anonymousreply 179May 23, 2020 11:06 PM

Whatever he believed in... God or not, afterlife or not... I have a feeling that Brian is exactly where he is supposed to be right now. He lived his Earthly life to the fullest. Nobody, higher power or here on Earth, could ask anything more of someone.

by Anonymousreply 180May 23, 2020 11:17 PM

Lose the exclamation points MARY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 181May 23, 2020 11:22 PM

If there is an afterlife, I hope that Brian will send us a message here on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 182May 23, 2020 11:29 PM

Sorry, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 183May 23, 2020 11:32 PM

I think the fact that he didn't post after he was initially admitted to the hospital is a good sign in terms of his comfort. How lovely that he knew he had so many people who cared, but that he could say a lighthearted 'wish me luck gang" as he embarked on the final leg of his journey and we would know what it meant without further explanation.

I take that to mean that he chose the good drugs and went out peacefully knowing that he was loved, and that he had changed people for the better.

-NJ mom.

by Anonymousreply 184May 24, 2020 12:24 AM

NJ Mom, I could not say it better. And I have nothing left to say. Bon Voyage, Brian. It was a privilege. And I do wish you luck, for eternity. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXO

by Anonymousreply 185May 24, 2020 12:31 AM

There is an afterlife. Brian is living on in my heart, and the hearts of many DLers, who were honored to have meet him here. He fought so hard for life, and in this time, I meet him. Like many of us, we met and enjoyed knowing OP Brian via his DL threads.

This is a very special thread OP Brian (Brian Nash) created here for us all. I hope these can be saved. I am so sorry for his family and friends. They must be grieving, what a terrible loss. I am grieving too. Brian was my friend.

Love you Brian! XOXOXOXO

by Anonymousreply 186May 24, 2020 12:34 AM

R177, respectfully asking why you think he was still in the hospital? He was so hoping to go home...

by Anonymousreply 187May 24, 2020 1:32 AM

R187, Just guessing, based on the time line, the fact that he had a serious illness with further complications. IMO, people think they want to be at home when they die, but if you’re in pain, you want that morphine drip. There’s also the going to the bathroom, which can be hard towards the end. I would prefer a hospital in certain cases.

by Anonymousreply 188May 24, 2020 1:38 AM

He was in the hospital. He was near death and wasn’t going to be discharged in the condition he was in.

by Anonymousreply 189May 24, 2020 1:47 AM

I believe He died at home, not in the hospital. His friends who posted on Facebook made a point of stressing they helped him go home.

by Anonymousreply 190May 24, 2020 2:15 AM

Another post from a friend. He came home,.

Brian has spoken to me of Robin through the years, but, somehow, I’d never met her until this past week when three of his Nashville best girlfriends rushed over to his apartment when he sent out an SOS for help. I knew that Brian loved Robin and, I instantly could see why. Brian was in the hospital for 5 days and then he came home. I tag teamed with Robin, taking care of him until his sister, Brenda, could get here from Boston. Robin was profoundly selfless in her care of him and I don’t know how Brian or I would have made it through the last week without her - and, it was so important to Brian that he be home in his magical loft for his last days. I’ve written my own tribute to Brian on my Facebook page, but this is my tribute to Robin and her incredible friendship to my incredible friend, Brian. He loved you so much, Robin. And, now, I do, too. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 191May 24, 2020 2:20 AM

R188, it seems like he did make it home, according to a friend of his (read it on Facebook). Yay, Brian!

by Anonymousreply 192May 24, 2020 2:41 AM

He has good friends and family. So glad he was able to be in his space with loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 193May 24, 2020 2:56 AM

R191 I hope this is real. His last post from the hospital said he was “in incredible pain and not functioning well.” Was his pain under control when he went home?

by Anonymousreply 194May 24, 2020 3:09 AM

Here's a tribute someone write about Brian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 24, 2020 3:18 AM

Brian was able to go home for three days and nights and his sister was with him along with some friends. He went to hospice the day he passed, with two sweet nurses holding his hands. (I'm guessing family/friends weren't permitted.) I asked one of his friends and got permission to pass this info along. I asked how cats were doing, but they haven't said yet. So glad he had good people with him.

by Anonymousreply 196May 24, 2020 3:36 AM

Thank you for sharing, r196.

by Anonymousreply 197May 24, 2020 3:36 AM

Please go fuck yourself R155.

by Anonymousreply 198May 24, 2020 4:23 AM

I've been away camping the last few days, and only realised Brian didn't make it until now. I'm sad, but so willing to believe he's with Rufus and Skittles right now.

Brian was so brave in fighting his battle for life, and so generous to share every step along the way. I'm trying to be positive, yet still very sad he couldn't stay here a little while longer.

by Anonymousreply 199May 24, 2020 6:24 AM

Brian's paintings seem to be still available at Singulart.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 24, 2020 8:51 AM

Such very sad news. My thoughts with his family and many friends.

by Anonymousreply 201May 24, 2020 12:57 PM

I like the one depicting the Charles River alongside the Standells' LP "Dirty Water." haha Brian.

by Anonymousreply 202May 24, 2020 2:49 PM

So glad he had good friends and family with him. And that he enjoyed his trip to England. Thanks to all of you who had great advice on where to stay and what to see.

I kept hoping he'd get better. It seemed so injust that a sweet guy like him would die, a treatment had to be found somehow... Even if my head knew it might happen one of these days, my heart was not ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 203May 24, 2020 5:18 PM

And now I'm going to spam this thread with my favourite OPB paintings.

Here is "Van Go"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 24, 2020 5:31 PM

Four Liberty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 24, 2020 5:33 PM

New York City Skyline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 24, 2020 6:07 PM

London Snow Globe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 24, 2020 6:11 PM

I love April. Where's that chorus sheep?

by Anonymousreply 208May 24, 2020 8:05 PM

A post on FB from Brian's sister. This goes under the heading "What Brian taught me"

"The cancer Brian suffered began as tongue cancer. It's absolutely vital that when we get dental checkups the dentist examine all the soft tissue in our mouths and our lymph nodes as well."

by Anonymousreply 209May 25, 2020 3:37 PM

I looked at the obituary on Brian's memorial page again, and it seems to have been updated with this mention about his art:

"His work will continue to be sold through the soon to be established Brian Nash Foundation, which will donate a portion of the proceeds of every sale of his artwork to the causes he held so dear."

by Anonymousreply 210May 26, 2020 1:10 AM

I’m going to just shout out MURIEL one more time in the hopes that all OPB threads get archived. I may disagree with Muriel on actually a rare occasion, but I don’t think she will miss this. But, regardless, it’s not a good reason not to make sure our pleas show up when she searches for her own mentions.

by Anonymousreply 211May 26, 2020 6:51 AM

Write to Muriel webmaster@datalounge.com

by Anonymousreply 212May 26, 2020 7:21 PM

Just wanted to pass on a little news about Brian's cats. His sister said they were both out of hiding and doing okay. I miss all the sweet posts here.

by Anonymousreply 213June 3, 2020 2:27 AM

I'm very glad to hear it! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 214June 3, 2020 2:28 AM

Was thinking about Skittles yesterday in fact and wondering how she is faring in Boston, thanks r213. Such great news and Brian would be absolutely beside himself with joy to know this.

by Anonymousreply 215June 3, 2020 3:58 PM

Thank you for the news, R213.

by Anonymousreply 216June 3, 2020 5:43 PM

Thanks for the update, r213.

by Anonymousreply 217June 3, 2020 11:16 PM

So glad to hear that Brain's cats are doing well w/ his sister.

by Anonymousreply 218June 5, 2020 3:15 AM

This website blog is done by Brian's friend Robin. She was with him and his sister right up until he went into hospice. (The hospice couldn't let them stay with him.) She's posted something entitled "Lower the Rainbow Flag to Half-Mast" today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 13, 2020 5:37 PM

Thanks, R219

by Anonymousreply 220June 14, 2020 9:08 AM

Another post br Brian's friend. She talks a little about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 23, 2020 10:12 PM

Has she indicated when Brian's artwork will become available?

by Anonymousreply 222June 23, 2020 10:44 PM

Is there a collection or suggested donations to someplace for his memory?

by Anonymousreply 223June 23, 2020 10:46 PM

R222, I will let you know her answer. (I asked.)

by Anonymousreply 224June 23, 2020 10:46 PM

Yes, the Crossroad Campus where he used to volunteer and maybe got Skittles from:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 23, 2020 11:05 PM

I received a nice personal (handwritten) note from Crossroads to thank me for my donation. They really loved Brian.

by Anonymousreply 226June 23, 2020 11:14 PM

How much did you donate?

by Anonymousreply 227June 23, 2020 11:17 PM

I beg your pardon? Why do you need to know?

by Anonymousreply 228June 23, 2020 11:38 PM

It's nice to see that his friend loved him very much.

by Anonymousreply 229June 23, 2020 11:57 PM

Brian's friend still has to inventory his paintings. If you're interested in something she will look to see if it's still available.

by Anonymousreply 230June 24, 2020 12:43 AM

Brian's remaining body of work. I believe the website has been updated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 1, 2020 1:51 PM

God, what are these threads about? Did you all get oral HPV from your prodigious cocksucking?

I'm not reading them.

by Anonymousreply 232August 1, 2020 1:58 PM

Huh, Brian's sister finally got back to me on FB earlier this week. I guess she's starting to wrap up his life. Thank you for the update, r231.

R232, Brian's family had a history of oral cancer, and he sadly succumbed to it 2 years after diagnosis and part of his tongue removed. He was by all accounts, a very sweet and talented man, not looking for handouts or sympathy. You really should read his threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 1, 2020 2:02 PM

Go away R232. These threads were months and even years of people caring about another human being. A spot of light in darkntimes, a rarity in this world. since you are a cretin and not actually human, you wouldn't understand. We don't mind that you don't read them.

by Anonymousreply 234August 1, 2020 2:05 PM

I sure wish Brian was still around. The universe is cold. But, lots of people here provided warmth.

by Anonymousreply 235August 1, 2020 2:12 PM

We're still here, r235. I was so happy to see a posting on this thread yesterday. This thread was such a beacon of hope, a bright spot, a highlight in a huge way for many of us. Would love to hear how Skittles is doing. And Lala. LIttle sweethearts.

by Anonymousreply 236August 1, 2020 2:46 PM

I was happy to see a post here too! I've been feeling pretty hopeless about life this week and it's so nice to see this group pop back up. Sending you all love and kindness.

by Anonymousreply 237August 1, 2020 3:11 PM

This was his sister's message to me:

Hi MrE, thank you for writing. Brian told me about your group, he got a lot of comfort from being in touch. Stay well. XO

I just asked her about Skittles and Lala. Will update you when she does.

by Anonymousreply 238August 1, 2020 3:48 PM

His bravery and insight were inspiring. Made me less afraid of facing death - hoping I could handle it with the strength and grace and acceptance he did.

by Anonymousreply 239August 1, 2020 4:05 PM

Hang in there r237. These are challenging times, there's no question. Very tough. Tough emotionally and physically and the "news" just seems to keep comin'. This is going to sound very horrid but I was thinking last week that maybe Brian left at a good time (if there is such a thing). For over a year (time flies), we were kind of in our own little "bubble" - a safe and protected DL bubble with only Brian and a few of us and we were endlessly fascinated with his trip to London, a possible second trip in the Spring, the sale of his exquisite paintings, his beloved pets Skittles and Lala. This thread is an incredible testament to the goodwill and generosity of spirit of all those who cared to post and engage in lighthearted banter and sometimes serious conservation with Brian. My greatest consolation is that if only one of us - for a brief moment - gave Brian a second of merriment or comfort, then I consider this thread Mission Accomplished.

Thank you, very much r238 - Looking forward with great anticipation to Skittles and Lala News!

by Anonymousreply 240August 1, 2020 4:17 PM

^^^ conversation.

by Anonymousreply 241August 1, 2020 4:20 PM

I posted in the previous threads but lost track...I'm so sad to find out he's gone but glad to know he's no longer suffering...

I'm hope Brian is happy and pain free where he is now and painting to his heart's desire somewhere...

I wish everyone in this thread the best of health and peace...

by Anonymousreply 242August 1, 2020 4:32 PM

I hope Brian got a howl out of this one post. It was very brief. I'd have to go back and find it but someone posted a joke about a gay loving his mulatto "pussy" meaning: Cat (the joke was he originally used the word "pussy"). It was the way the poster had written it and it was just a howler. Had to post this. Happy memories....

by Anonymousreply 243August 1, 2020 4:52 PM

Hi, everyone. I was going to post a few times recently asking if anyone else still had this thread bookmarked in case anyone came back. Happy to see more posts here. And I sometimes think the same thing about Brian, R236. I know the gift of life is not to be sniffed at, of course, but right now, he is not missing anything that terrific. Not to say that things won't get better at some point; however, a few more months of life in these circumstances would have been harder for him.

by Anonymousreply 244August 1, 2020 7:42 PM

I cannot believe he is gone. OP Brian's death really got to me. Hopefully, we can use the energy that Brian developed in this thread to help others. Life can be scary and we need each other.

Stay safe!

by Anonymousreply 245August 1, 2020 10:54 PM

So glad to see this thread re-animated. I felt sad when it went quiet after his death, but as a lurker rather than a poster, didn’t feel I should be the one to do it.

He was a truly lovely person. I wish I had known him in real life.

I do hope his kitties are settled. That was his main concern I think towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 246August 2, 2020 4:36 PM

R246, his sister told me a while ago they had settled and were comfortable now in her home.

Question for Brian's fans - maybe we could keep this thread going with general advice and humanity? I think Brian would be pleased. We could change the name for another thread, but try to keep the (mostly) good vibe from this one?

by Anonymousreply 247August 3, 2020 6:07 PM

That's a great idea, r247. We can keep this thread as a safe little corner in the DL world where folks can come and post whatever is on their minds relating to spirit of this thread. It'll keep us together and connected and also most importantly, keep lines open for news updates from the "bosses" Skittles Nash and Lala Nash. :))

by Anonymousreply 248August 3, 2020 6:11 PM

r247, excellent idea. Should we call it something innocuous, to deter the riffraff?

by Anonymousreply 249August 3, 2020 8:45 PM

How about this title? "Fishing Tips for Beginners: How to Catch Wild Salmon" ?

by Anonymousreply 250August 3, 2020 8:55 PM

Hmmm. we'll get jokes about fish...if Erna is still around.

by Anonymousreply 251August 3, 2020 9:20 PM

Ugh, I forgot, I really did forget about fish implications, r251. Oh well, something stupid like that anyway. Buying tennis rackets or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 252August 3, 2020 9:23 PM

Good idea. How about "The Compleat Angler"? Same spirit, doesn't use the word "fish," and people might assume it's a boring thread about the book.

by Anonymousreply 253August 3, 2020 9:35 PM

Works for me, r253. Zzzzzzz :))

by Anonymousreply 254August 3, 2020 9:36 PM

I think we need a Brian homage... how about Life With Brian?

by Anonymousreply 255August 3, 2020 10:37 PM

Don't you mean "without?"

by Anonymousreply 256August 3, 2020 10:47 PM

R256, I said "with" to keep him as our center... without sounds lonely. But it was just a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 257August 4, 2020 12:02 AM

Great idea to keep the thread going. The Brian Thread?

by Anonymousreply 258August 6, 2020 2:41 PM

I recently started posting on DL again after defecting to Reddit for the past few years.

This thread saddens me because I brought some of Brian Nash's work based off his DL posts, and contributed to a Kickstarter campaign when he was starting an apparel company. I hope he is at peace...he was always so kind in our limited correspondence.

by Anonymousreply 259August 6, 2020 3:22 PM

I like Life of Brian...

by Anonymousreply 260August 6, 2020 3:24 PM

"LIfe of Brian"? Don't think we have many Monty Python fans here.

by Anonymousreply 261August 6, 2020 3:55 PM

Just musing here. What stood out for me was how genuine he clearly was. So often, ‘very nice’ people come across as insincere or shallow. He was neither. Just true to himself I think. I will always think of him when in Bloomsbury, where he stayed on his last trip.

by Anonymousreply 262August 6, 2020 4:17 PM

Anyway, why don’t we keep posting here till someone comes up with a suitable sounding thread title?

by Anonymousreply 263August 6, 2020 4:34 PM

I think it was because he was so humble, and genuinely interested in what other people said.

by Anonymousreply 264August 6, 2020 4:34 PM

Yes 264, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 265August 6, 2020 4:47 PM

I follow Brian's art ig, but I haven't been able to follow this thread. It saddens me to learn of his passing. But, I do believe he's in a much better place now.

by Anonymousreply 266August 6, 2020 5:42 PM

Bet Brian didn't know or couldn't conceive of the possible notion that the moment he decided to post on DL seeking advice for himself, he actually brought a whole bunch of nice folks together interested in knowing more about himself and staying in touch with each other.

by Anonymousreply 267August 6, 2020 7:31 PM

Glad to hear Brian's cats are okay. What an ordeal that Brian had to go through to get his cats to his sisters? Poor sweet cats too. Remember, he wanted to go to London again? Hopefully, his new haunt is the Tate, when he is not with his cats.

Maybe: Brian at the Tate.

Please let's keep this thread going.

by Anonymousreply 268August 7, 2020 2:28 AM

Oh I really like « Brian at the Tate » R 268 :)

by Anonymousreply 269August 7, 2020 2:17 PM

I agree, I do like, "Brian at the Tate" too!

by Anonymousreply 270August 7, 2020 3:09 PM

Brian at the Tate.

by Anonymousreply 271August 7, 2020 4:34 PM

R 268 - would you be ok to start our new thread when this one fills up?

by Anonymousreply 272August 7, 2020 6:43 PM

What about The legacy of Brian.

by Anonymousreply 273August 7, 2020 7:29 PM

Brian at the Tate. If you all like it, it must be.

Brian loved the Tate, and was an anglophile. He loved London. He really wanted to go back. Brian was planning a trip to London, when covid shut everything down.

He also was part of the other amazing thread about the adopted cat at Christmas. Can anyone post that thread here?

Brian LOVED his cats, of course he did.

by Anonymousreply 274August 8, 2020 2:47 AM

Not in love with the "Brian at the Tate" name. First of all, I'm not well-traveled, so I had no clue at first what the Tate was. Second of all it says nothing to honor Brian's very real quest for advice. Also, newbies won't have any idea what the intent of the post is. I'd like something a little bit more down to earth and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 275August 8, 2020 12:36 PM

OPBrian, the Patron Saint of DL cats.

by Anonymousreply 276August 8, 2020 5:16 PM

R275, the idea was to have a generic, obscure thread title so mean people and trolls wouldn't be overly intrigued by it.

by Anonymousreply 277August 9, 2020 12:55 AM

Funny post by Brian's best friend, the woman who is the caretaker for his art. She got a note from a gallery asking Brian to make another edition of something that had been sold. Here's her answer to the gallery. She starts:

"Before anyone says anything, I promise this would make Brian laugh.

Dear Brian Nash, I hope you’re doing well! One of our collectors is interested in your work “Silly Rabbit”. Since this work has already been sold, would it be possible to create a similar work made to order?

Dear Gallery that represents my works,

I am still dead and therefore will be unable to create future works. You speak with my Curator, Robin Cohn, often, so I would think you would know how dead I still am. She even spoke with you on Thursday about changing the status on one of your documents from “artist is alive” to “artist is deceased”; something she has been asking you to do for 3 months. Thanks for finally getting to that. It was haunting me.

As far as paintings go however, might I suggest “Lucky Charms” as an alternative? It’s along the same cereal genre and, imhdo, magically wonderful. I am sorry to say that I have no more “trix” up my sleeve, as I have no sleeves.

As far as future correspondence goes, you might want to update your computer automatic response feature.

Good luck from the artist in the stars, B"

by Anonymousreply 278September 5, 2020 11:25 PM

It feels good that this thread was bumped. Thanks, r278.

by Anonymousreply 279September 5, 2020 11:29 PM

Bump this thread. BC love this Thread

by Anonymousreply 280September 5, 2020 11:34 PM

Aww Brian has good friends indeed. Thanks for the update.

by Anonymousreply 281September 5, 2020 11:39 PM

Brian’s best friend does us all good by following up the inquiry with humor.

Thanks from me, too, for bumping this thread, feels good.

by Anonymousreply 282September 6, 2020 12:18 AM

Where can we buy Brian's work?

by Anonymousreply 283September 6, 2020 1:24 AM

R283, here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284September 6, 2020 1:58 AM

Thanks, R278. Was just thinking about Brian yesterday... It's so nice to have this thread updated.

by Anonymousreply 285September 6, 2020 11:10 AM

Agreed! Nice to hear from everyone. I wish we had asked him more about his time at Ralph Lauren. I bet he had some stories!

Does anyone know roughly what prices his art sells at? No prices are listed on his website.

by Anonymousreply 286September 6, 2020 11:27 AM

I think the larger ones are a few thousand each, R286.

And LOL to his friend's reply to the gallery -- hilarious!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

by Anonymousreply 287September 6, 2020 11:38 AM

There was one of us that was going to buy one of his paintings (was it of Skittles?) before Brian died...did that every go through?

by Anonymousreply 288September 6, 2020 2:56 PM

R286, his friend doesn't know any Ralph Lauren stories, I'm afraid. Those of you who are interested in pricing, she says there is a tab with prices on the site, and they're hoping to have a new site soon. She says things are selling, so if you're interested time may not be on your side. Not trying to shill, just wishing I could spare the money to get one myself.

by Anonymousreply 289September 6, 2020 11:59 PM

Good to see this thread again. That email was priceless! We never did decide a title for the next one, did we?

by Anonymousreply 290September 7, 2020 9:47 AM

Somehow I remembered Brian mentioning that he voted during the primaries, and it made me wish he could have been alive to see Trump lose the election. I hope he's smiling about this somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 291November 7, 2020 7:38 PM

Brian!

by Anonymousreply 292November 7, 2020 7:45 PM

Brian would be celebrating, for sure!

by Anonymousreply 293November 7, 2020 7:47 PM

OP Brian, patron saint of DL animals, will certainly be smiling now that the White House will have dogs living there again (Champ and Major).

by Anonymousreply 294November 8, 2020 9:55 AM

You guys are welcome to MARY! me all you want but I think about Brian everyday. He was a good, kind hearted guy and shouldn't have been taken so soon.

by Anonymousreply 295November 8, 2020 10:02 AM

Seeing this thread bumped up always make me smile. I do think of Brian often too, R295. He's the kind of person who stays in your head.

by Anonymousreply 296November 8, 2020 12:07 PM

He provided reality and grounding in a period of chaos. He helped put things in perspective when we were all feeling like life was miserable. Yet here he was facing death and not wallowing in self-pity, bitterness or regret. Treasuring what he could. His ability to face death clear-eyed and honestly - while still caring about this earth and those on it - was a much needed reminder of the grace of humanity when all we could see was the evil and horror.

by Anonymousreply 297November 8, 2020 3:41 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I copied the last few days' worth of posts to send to Brian's best friend (the one handling his art work sales now) and his sister. Haven't heart back from his sister yet, but his friend was so thrilled to hear that people were thinking of him still. Thanks for putting a smile on all our faces.

by Anonymousreply 298November 8, 2020 11:07 PM

Hello Brian, hello friends. Just feeling a little melancholy. Pet your furry friends, look at some art, eat some delicious food. Let's hope the new year will be a better one.

by Anonymousreply 299December 28, 2020 12:20 AM

Cute kitty, Happy New Year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 28, 2020 12:24 AM

Brian my old dog is very ill tonight. I am sad and disturbed watching her try to cope. That’s all. Just needed to tell someone else. We all know how much you loved your kitties. You really looked out for them despite how wretched you felt. Oh I just remembered you also lost your dog in the midst of your treatment. I just lost my other elderly dog a few weeks ago. My husband and I cry all the time. He’s exhausted. Thanks for listening.

by Anonymousreply 301December 28, 2020 8:36 AM

Thinking of you this morning, Brian, as the sun rises on a world with your energy, art, compassion and love of life still so strong within in. RIP. You earned it.

by Anonymousreply 302December 28, 2020 8:57 AM

I didn’t realize that OPB was Brian Nash and this thread has really moved me. A few years ago, probably the same year he was diagnosed, he posted on here that he was starting a sleepwear company with the pajamas made in the USA. I bought a few sets - they are such quality, soft, rich cotton. I’m literally wearing a pair of the bottoms now as I read this thread. I can’t find a photo of his pajama designs, except for this Kickstarter link.

What a handsome, kind and talented man. He sounds like he was a wonderful friend to have, and he rescued cats, which makes him tops in my book. RIP, OP Brian. The world, and the DL,. are darker without you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 28, 2020 11:45 AM

Correction - Brian started the pagans company two years before his diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 304December 28, 2020 11:54 AM

PAJAMA not pagan.

by Anonymousreply 305December 28, 2020 11:55 AM

I’m so sorry r301. How are things with her now?

by Anonymousreply 306January 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Thank you R301. We took to her to the vet a few hours later. They ran some tests and discovered she was bleeding internally and her heart murmur was in overdrive. Her lungs were filling up. She couldn’t rest, she was exhausted. We decided to put her to sleep. What a year.

by Anonymousreply 307January 2, 2021 2:23 AM

Sorry, I meant R306. Brain not working well

by Anonymousreply 308January 2, 2021 2:25 AM

If only we could all be put to sleep so peacefully instead of suffering agonizing painful deaths. An incredibly kind gift. No more suffering - all that is left is for those who remain to make peace with the fact of death.

by Anonymousreply 309January 2, 2021 2:30 AM

Happy New Year, everyone. Today is a day that I'm sure that Brian would have reveled in. I saw a post by the person who is managing Brian's remaining art for sale. She says: "Google likes it when businesses get reviews, so anyone who loves Brian's art, please leave a review on our website. We are trying to make the world a happier place with "art for the child at heart". Thank you." I believe any proceeds from his remaining work are going to nonprofits in his name. I will post the website below, but for some reason it doesn't post it's briannash dot net

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310January 6, 2021 4:27 PM

Happy New Year, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 311January 22, 2021 3:39 AM

I was thinking of Brian recently. I was really down about everything in my life and going a little crazy from nearly a year sheltering by myself when I thought of our Brian and how he fought for every day and how he found meaning and joy in every last minute he was given here in this life. Then I gave myself a kick up the butt for wallowing in self pity and losing hope and felt the need to come here to let Brian know that he is often in my thoughts and always in my heart. I hope you're sleeping in peace Brian and that everyone on the thread is doing well.

by Anonymousreply 312January 22, 2021 4:03 AM

[R312} You are good people, and we need you here.

by Anonymousreply 313January 22, 2021 5:48 AM

I hope Brian's cats and his family are doing well. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 314January 22, 2021 5:50 AM

R314, I asked about his cats. The answer: "The cats are living with his sister and doing GREAT in Boston"

by Anonymousreply 315January 22, 2021 2:25 PM

R12

Does your cat charm the birds? Mine would do this funny “voice”: kind of screechy/chirpy sound. It was so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 316January 22, 2021 2:37 PM

All, I’ve been hesitant to read any of the past few threads because Brian’s original post broke my heart and I was afraid of learning the worst. I was so moved by everyone’s support and love here on the threads, though, and felt honored to be a tiny part of the first thread. So...I see that Brian lost his battle and I guess I will go back in time and piece together the story. Thank you to everyone who lifted him and continue to keep his work and spirit alive. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 317January 22, 2021 2:41 PM

R195 He had such a sweet face.

by Anonymousreply 318January 22, 2021 2:44 PM

I have to say that I would love to purchase one of Brian's paintings on his site. I particularly love the Christmas Sweater one.

Needless to say, that my financial future is no longer promising, but a big hope of mine, is a year from now, that I may have that painting above a fireplace or a window or somewhere....

So happy that you are free, OPB!

by Anonymousreply 319January 24, 2021 3:34 AM

Hi Brian, the world is still a right old mess. My 16 year old black cat, Bosch sends his purrs to you and Skittles in the ether.

by Anonymousreply 320March 3, 2021 2:20 PM

Miss you, Brian. Sent a donation to your favorite animal shelter in honor of you and Skittles.

by Anonymousreply 321March 3, 2021 2:44 PM

Brian- I sure do hope where you are is 1000 times better than where I am right now.

And if this place is better than it appears and I am being an ungrateful, I apologize.

You would think a thread like yours would make one appreciate life more- it does for awhile- but then life happens and you forget.. that a story like yours was supposed to make you appreciate what you have.

But you are remembered fondly. Especially how admirably and bravely you handled such a challenge.

You exuded kindness and true class and I have a feeling those traits will be yours eternally.

by Anonymousreply 322March 4, 2021 2:02 AM

r322, Mr. Bosch is sending some purrs and headbutts your way.

by Anonymousreply 323March 4, 2021 2:11 AM

LOL I love Mr. Bosch!!!!

Great name too.

by Anonymousreply 324March 4, 2021 2:14 AM

To be fair, r324, he came with the name already (after Hieronymus), as I like to get rescues. Here he is in formal garb:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 4, 2021 2:38 AM

He’s very handsome R325!

Hugs to R322. It can almost always be said with truth, “This too shall pass.”

by Anonymousreply 326March 4, 2021 1:16 PM

Brian's threads have made me realize that there are so, so many people on Datalounge whom I would love to know in real life. It's not just all pointless bitchery on here. Those of us on these threads share a common bond, and I like to think it's one of kindness and compassion.

by Anonymousreply 327April 10, 2021 5:42 AM

Mr. Bosch is stunning!

What a lovely cat.

I wish every last one of us on this thread could get together for a party in Brian's memory.

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2021 2:39 AM

R327- Very true- I am seen this first hand and many people here are extremely kind.

I like to be sarcastic and make stupid and mean comments, but ultimately I want to be kind and I have found that generally to be the case here.

And people here give some excellent advice and have great insights.

Brian was clearly a gem.

by Anonymousreply 329May 11, 2021 2:52 AM

Kisses to everyone!

My life has been blessed with a Carolina-type dog who has filled me with joy and love. Her name is Ruby. She doesn’t enjoy storms or rain on the roof. But she gives the most incredible hugs.

by Anonymousreply 330May 11, 2021 12:29 PM

Glad to hear that, R330. Share a pic?

by Anonymousreply 331May 13, 2021 7:10 PM

A message from Brian's friend and trustee of his art:

"Hello all! I have a favor to ask of you- I am trying to put together a “book” of stories about Brian, combined with his art. I would like for each of you to write a short story about your relationship with Brian, and how it relates to the art of his that you own. I think that collectively, the stories will show the broad impact that Brian’s art had on a wide swath of people. The stories will also provide insight as to who he was to each of us individually, yet weaving us together through his art. Please also list the pieces of his art that mean the most to you, accompanied by a photo of each work. I know this is homework and I only want those of you who wish to participate to do so. The more input I can get, the more we can all learn about our friend, and the impact he had on each of us through his brilliant art. With this collection, I hope to begin to create the legacy of Brian Nash Art. Please send it to: robinecohn@gmail.com, and spread the word to those who aren't part of FB. Please ask them if they would be willing to participate as well. Thank you. Thank you so much. Robin robinecohn@gmail.com"

by Anonymousreply 332July 27, 2021 5:15 PM

Thank you r332, Should we have someone summarize his impact on DL? I do have my own story with him, outside of DL, but DL is the place where I met him.

by Anonymousreply 333July 27, 2021 5:39 PM

Robin has my story (how I found his thread and interacted with him) but maybe someone could do the whole datalounge experience? if no one wants to take that on, I'm sure individual stories would be wonderful. Please don't just place them here, send to Robin at her address above.

by Anonymousreply 334July 27, 2021 6:10 PM

Thought of Brian today and wanted to touch base with those who contributed here. Every time I stop to feed a feral cat I think of Brian.

by Anonymousreply 335September 30, 2021 2:44 AM

I know some of you might be a able to afford this (from Brian's estate) original post from Facebook, So you can see the pics. FANTASTIC NEWS! I have FOUR, brand new-to-the-market, Brian Nash Art DOG and CAT paintings for sale! The proceeds will benefit the non-profit to which Brian donated them, Crossroads Pets- Shop & Adopt. Because these are being sold to raise money for the new location(where 38 more at-risk youth will be housed), and for the pet adoption facet, we are hoping these will cause a bidding WAR! But for now, "Louie Louie...Oh, Oh, We Need a Home, ya ya ya ya ya" is a 12" x12" offered for $500; "He Went That-a-Way"(Dog) is 18" x 24" $1500, "I'm Right Here Silly Dog"(Cat) is 18" x 24" $1500(and they look FABULOUS when hung together, just sayin'); and "The Brady Bunch Plus 3" is 18" x 24" for $1500. Please contact me at robinecohn@gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336November 3, 2021 1:07 PM

Miss you, Brian.

by Anonymousreply 337November 3, 2021 1:20 PM

Analingus provides some relief.

by Anonymousreply 338November 3, 2021 1:36 PM

Article written by Brian's sister, about how their niece vets online acquaintances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 29, 2022 12:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!