Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman killed by alligator after doing client's nails during lockdown in South Carolina

Oh dear....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2021 2:28 AM

She was wrong to defy lock down but I'm sorry for her. It doesn't say if the alligator ate any of her?

They are fearsome, ugly fuckers who should be rendered extinct. Along with their hideous cousin, the crocodile!

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2020 3:15 PM

Nature wants us to stay indoors

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2020 3:18 PM

Along the banks of Nile Lies the deceitful crocodile.

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2020 3:24 PM

“Hehehe, I don’t look like a deer!” Darwin Award nominee?

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2020 3:29 PM

I feel sorry for the alligator. Human stupidity cost him his life.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2020 3:35 PM

[quote] Covert saw the alligator when she was doing Howell's nails on the porch and when she was finished, she left the porch to take pictures.

[quote] Howell said she screamed to Covert that the alligator had grabbed a deer from that spot and Covert replied "I don't look like a deer" and tried to touch the animal. The alligator grabbed Covert by the leg and started to pull her into the water.

What a dumb cunt.

The article says she came over to do the woman's nails and have' a glass of wine', which probably meant at least half a bottle. So the old boozebag staggers out onto the patio and then:

1. She goes to take pictures of the alligator. Couldn't wait to put it on your 'gram, could ya, hon?

2. She reaches out to touch the alligator. Who the fuck does that??

I'm Team Alligator

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2020 3:39 PM

We've already discussed this elsewhere OP. Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2020 3:40 PM

She brought a glass of wine with her to do a client's nails and was "acting strangely"? Don't manicure while high/drunk is the moral of this story.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2020 3:46 PM

[quote] Her death has been ruled an accident, according to paralegal and public information officer Karli Maratea.

It was not an accident. It was a deliberate act of political protest.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2020 3:48 PM

Was she nuts before this? Was this behavior out of nowhere or was she always weird? People are acting out all over these days

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2020 3:48 PM

Old lady marinated in white wine! Yum!

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2020 3:53 PM

I suppose there's worse ways to go than having your pussy eaten.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2020 3:58 PM

Is there no code of ethics for manicurists requiring them not to drink while at work?

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2020 4:00 PM

Bullshit, alligators don't act like that.

That bitch's client killed her and fed her to the alligator.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2020 5:35 PM

See you later, alligator!

My tears will be crocodile.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2020 9:58 PM

She had it coming!

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2020 11:59 PM

I could see this worked into a future Claws episode next season.

by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2020 12:00 AM

If geniuses aren't safe then none of us are.

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2020 12:01 AM

Mmmhmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2020 12:01 AM

R6, that’s such scathing bitchiness. I love it! It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 20May 9, 2020 12:23 AM

What a dumb, drunk bitch. Gators rarely attack people unless provoked. They are usually only aggressive during mating and nesting season. I've lived near gators for many of my adult years and had no problem. Just give them a wide berth.

by Anonymousreply 21May 9, 2020 12:27 AM

Have we reached the point of the pandemic where the animals start fighting back, knowing we are in a weaken state, for their own world domination?

by Anonymousreply 22May 9, 2020 12:47 AM

I'm so sad that the client wasn't killed too. These fucking bastards are going to keep this virus going forever!

by Anonymousreply 23May 9, 2020 12:48 AM

This didn't happen in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2020 1:02 AM

Yum

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2021 8:08 PM

[quote] Barbara Howell said Covert came to her home to do her nails with a glass of wine and was "acting strange,"

[quote] Covert saw the alligator when she was doing Howell's nails on the porch and when she was finished, she left the porch to take pictures.

She died because she was a drunken fool.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2021 8:13 PM

Tick tock.

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2021 8:14 PM

Someone desperately needed a French tip.

by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2021 8:47 PM

It would be interesting to know the world-wide number of "instagram deaths" since the app's debut.

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2021 8:52 PM

I'm just thankful that she died AFTER she finished my nails. I wouldn't have been able to get an appointment with another for several days.

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2021 9:41 PM

R24 - My grandmother lives in the Sea Islands of South Carolina. The geography of that area is a huge coastal swamp. So there are a lot of gators. But also great seafood catches as well. Alligator attacks are extremely rare. What the idiot woman probably did was go up to the alligator and take a picture. Then the gator attacked.

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2021 9:56 PM

Do alligators prey on outdoor cats and dogs? I'm thinking they're probably not fast enough to catch them, unlike coyotes.

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2021 9:56 PM

This never would've happened if she'd just gone to Madge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2021 9:57 PM

R32 - The alligator has to see you and then you have to be in front of their mouths. That's how they attack.

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2021 9:59 PM

At 58 she has undoubtedly bred already and passed those deplorable genes on, such a pity. At least there's one less Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2021 10:25 PM

Is the alligator a Datalounger? He sounds like one of us, ripping a boozy old frau to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote] Do alligators prey on outdoor cats and dogs? I'm thinking they're probably not fast enough to catch them, unlike coyotes.

You thought wrong. Alligators are amazingly fast on land, at least for short distances. They're incredibly sneaky though. They'll wait underwater near the shoreline waiting for an animal (including a pet cat or dog) to come up and get a drink and in one fell swoop they're out of the water with the animal in their mouth. They then drag the animal underwater and hold it there until it drowns, then they eat it.

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2021 2:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!