Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Secret Celebrity Drag Race

There was a thread but it was episode specific, got defaced when it’s OP was labeled a troll, and died a miserable death.

So let’s start over, properly.

Episode 1 discussion within to avoid showing spoilers here.

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2020 4:38 AM

I’m not sure why they call it a secret, since the celebrities are identified almost right away, though not publicized in advance.

The first episode featured Riverdale actor Jordon Connor, comedian Jermaine Fowler and frequent DL target of scorn, Nico Tortorella.

Jordan was the winner and his experience proved especially validating. To Nico, who gushed that seeing a young straight guy learn so much about himself from doing drag was a validation of everything Nico has been doing to promote gender fluidity.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2020 9:13 PM

Condragulations, Dollface

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2020 9:18 PM

I didn't know who Jordan was but now I do and I want him in me!

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2020 9:24 PM

Didn't Jordan play the lover of Riverdale's gay character in residence Kevin or was that another character?

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2020 9:26 PM

I love how they make sure that the recreations of Ru’s iconic gowns look like cheap knock-offs.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2020 9:27 PM

He plays Sweet Pea, Jughead’s younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2020 9:27 PM

Jordan was adorable and a worthy winner.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2020 9:27 PM

Nico announced that he would not be tucking, though to be honest, one couldn’t tell.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2020 9:29 PM

They let straight people do drag?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2020 9:31 PM

R8 their overconfidence helps them overcome tinymeat

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2020 9:33 PM

Oh, yes. Forgive me. THEY announced.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote]Didn't Jordan play the lover of Riverdale's gay character in residence Kevin or was that another character?

another character....I think you mean either Joaquin or Fangs

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2020 9:35 PM

What was the story with Nico’s bodybuilder pose every six seconds?

Nico, you’re too plump for that gesture

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2020 9:39 PM

r12, you're right. Thanks! I stopped watching Riverdale sometime ago because I got tired of watching Archie being a dumb ho and Kelly Ripa's husband always winning with his villainy and never getting checked. Miss my cutie pie Kevin though and enjoyed Jordan's character.

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2020 9:40 PM

Jermaine was way better and way more likeable. And way less try hard. How many times did Jordan mention how straight it he was?

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2020 9:40 PM

r15 , I was rooting for Jermaine as well. He was so sincere and the story about his Mom moved me to tears. I'm okay with Jordan winning though. Nico got on my nerves. The girl does too much.

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2020 9:42 PM

Nico thought they were going to win. Jordan was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2020 9:55 PM

Well R13, Nico tried every angle they could think of to get attention

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote]Jordan was the winner and his experience proved especially validating. To Nico, who gushed that seeing a young straight guy learn so much about himself from doing drag was a validation of everything Nico has been doing to promote gender fluidity.

r1, how is there any room in the building for the cameras and other contestants with Nico's ego around? His (I don't play that 'they' shit) narcissism must be off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2020 12:31 AM

Nico has said that he gave a soapbox lecture on the need to include non binary and trans people on the show and is upset that it was cut and didn't make the episode. Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2020 2:13 AM

Non binary is such a made up thing it's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2020 2:16 AM

Watching Jermaine get choked up about how much he looked like his dead mom when he was in drag was like a top 5 most moving moment in drag race history and his Kevin Hart drag queen in the snatch game was hall of fame brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2020 2:46 AM

The quick drag comments were hilarious....."Gurl, you lost your titties!"

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2020 2:14 PM

When they were showing the silhouettes of the celebrities at the beginning and it was clear that one of the men was wearing a man bun, I was praying that was Jason Mamoa. I could definitely see him doing something like this. Alas, we got this tired Nico.

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2020 5:16 PM

I don't know if our poor queens could handle Jason being shirtless around them while getting ready. I would faint.

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2020 5:18 PM

Why is the Pit Crew barefeet? What's up with that. Hell, even male strippers in gay strip bars wear socks.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2020 5:21 PM

Some folks like feets.

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2020 5:28 PM

It's pretty shady that Shannel, Mayhem Miller, and Laila McQueen were edited about of the episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2020 5:11 AM

First time I have seen Nico in anything. Yes, I've seen his pics, but wow. He is beautiful. I love that he can be queeny one sec then butch the next. You bitches be jealous!

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2020 2:53 AM

Too bad he's mentally unstable and annoying R29

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2020 3:02 AM

Well, I don’t know him from Adam. What has he been in?

I thought the Snatch game was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2020 3:08 AM

Do you know him, r30? Pray tell how you were able arrive at your diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2020 1:13 AM

Is there a new Drag Race (Season 12) thread? The last one closed and search is not pulling one up for me.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2020 1:43 AM

This week: Bioqueen Eleganza

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2020 2:37 AM

Yes, R33

It says

DR season XVII part deux

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2020 3:11 AM

Oh, sorry, R33, didn’t realize that thread had closed. ☺️☺️

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2020 3:21 AM

Loni was robbed

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2020 3:45 AM

Loni Love was robbed.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2020 4:45 AM

I've hated Tammy Roman since Real World, but she really grew on me this episode. Yes, Loni was robbed and Vanessa Williams is very likeable. She needed to smile more for Dolly. Trinity showed me that the main reason I liked her is that she reminded me of Alyssa. Seeing her next to Alyssa kind of faded her, plus she seemed a little meaner than before.

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2020 6:03 AM

Tammy is a piece of work and a piece of ass. I was surprised to see how curvy she is.

by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2020 1:24 PM

Loni won my heart, but Vanessa’s performance was unbeatable. Her facial and body movements WERE Dolly Parton. That woman is so impressive. It wasn’t a fair match.

I am not bothered that Drag Race makes over women sometimes, but two episodes in a row of dressing women as women was about half as entertaining as seeing men dress as women. I’m glad Vanessa had to become Dolly—a white ditzy country singer, so different from herself—because let’s not kid ourselves: she was a drag queen on every episode of Ugly Betty playing Wilhelmina Slater.

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2020 1:27 PM

When Vanessa announced her charity I. Knew she had won.

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2020 1:34 PM

I was a bit disappointed when the celebrities were introduced.....but they turned out to be interesting and entertainting.....

And of course Alyssa - too bad she didn't have more to do.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2020 1:37 PM

Asia is very cute out of drag......

Another vote for Loni. But they were all good.

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2020 1:38 PM

Loni’s lip syncing wasn’t very good. She was very charming, though. I have always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2020 1:45 PM

Vanessa is still gorgeous, but I agree that Loni should have won. Vanessa won because of her charity.

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2020 2:48 PM

Vanessa deserved to win based on performance.

Loni deserved to win based on likability and “personal journey.”

Tammy (?) deserved the win for her charity, IMO. It seemed clear to me that her whole heart was invested in St. Jude’s in memory of her mother. Vanessa was in it for the personal challenge, which she mentioned about a million times, and she didn’t really talk much about why the Trevor Project matters to her except when explaining why she chose it. Loni didn’t really talk much about Dress for Success, either.

I am honestly surprised by Vanessa’s charity, too, because she is (or was for a long time) on the board of directors for Special Olympics Worldwide. I met her in that capacity years ago. At the time, Ugly Betty was on and I was so fucking excited to meet her. I had also always loved her voice. I expected her to be a celeb spokesperson for Special Olympics of the sort that she’s there for photo ops and to throw out a few talking points. Nuh-uh. She knew the organization inside and out and she came across more as a serious-minded businesswoman than as a celebrity. She was so down to Earth, very no-nonsense.

She also had a sense of humor and told me that it’s her privilege to work with Michael Urie, who she called a genius. (Interestingly, although Urie played a gay character on Ugly Betty, he was publicly closeted at the time. I was supposed to interview him for a major LGBT outlet a few years later, in which he was going to disclose that he was “bisexual,” but then he bailed out via his publicist at the last minute. He obviously has come out as gay since, and his career as a theatre actor has flourished, playing a lot of gay roles but also Hamlet, all to acclaim.)

I guess I went on a tangent haha...anyway. It was cool to see Vanessa do this given how much more of a recognizable celeb she is than the others who have been on the show so far.

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2020 3:02 PM

Yes, I also think that Vanessa's choice of charity had a lot to do with her win.

Why did none of the queens overdraw the lips on the ladies? Each of them had huge hair, huge eye makeup, but tiny lips. Vanessa looked like she was headed to a costume party, Tami looked like she was headed to a child's birthday party, and only Loni looked like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2020 3:56 PM

r47, really enjoyed your post. I'm a fan of Vanessa, so it's nice to hear that she's a quality person.

[quote]She also had a sense of humor and told me that it’s her privilege to work with Michael Urie, who she called a genius. (Interestingly, although Urie played a gay character on Ugly Betty, he was publicly closeted at the time. I was supposed to interview him for a major LGBT outlet a few years later, in which he was going to disclose that he was “bisexual,” but then he bailed out via his publicist at the last minute. He obviously has come out as gay since, and his career as a theatre actor has flourished, playing a lot of gay roles but also Hamlet, all to acclaim.)

Just one thing, I'm pretty certain that Urie says he's queer, not gay, because he has/had sexual and romantic feelings for women.

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2020 5:07 PM

Oh, THAT Tammy.

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2020 5:33 PM

If there is a new Season 12 thread, will someone link it here. Search is doing me no favors.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2020 6:38 PM

Well, I am loving this show. The 5 to 9 performance was fabulous! They all did great.

How could anybody think the winner would be someone other than the fantastic Vanessa Williams (ooh you’re so divine, I just had to put you into my rhyme 🎼)?

Alyssa is so wonderful, I love her completely.

I, too, need a link to the other season 12 thread.

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Live Digital drag con is on this weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2020 7:21 PM

I also worked with Vanessa years ago (right after SpiderWoman) and she was absolutely lovely then as well. And her daughter is just like her mother - really beautiful and has become a really lovely adult.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2020 9:05 PM

Why did they put Vanessa in that hideous dress? It looked like a bad costume character at Disney World. And that yellow foam thing they draped around her seemed to be literally out of Party City. I’m surprised she let them put in on her.

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2020 10:15 PM

Where is the new season 12 part 3 thread? I can't find it? HELP!

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2020 10:23 PM

Just starting the new thread.

by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2020 10:32 PM

Where r57? Link please!

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2020 10:45 PM

I think they are lying to us and keeping us away from this supposed thread R58

by Anonymousreply 59May 2, 2020 10:49 PM

I demand we be let in the thread! We're Americans, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 60May 2, 2020 10:58 PM

I'm not American but I want in!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 61May 2, 2020 11:00 PM

Tried five times to start new thread. DL broken. Again.

Gave up

by Anonymousreply 62May 2, 2020 11:04 PM

People made 45 threads about anderson cooper’s baby. They can’t make one for drag race?

by Anonymousreply 63May 2, 2020 11:05 PM

Okay. I did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2020 11:05 PM

Yes cuz last night's show was pretty damn good. Not Gigi Goode though.She arguably should have been in the bottom. Two swing coats that her mom made didn't exactly make her makeover a winner. J

Miss Jaida Essence Hall earned that win honey - but I'm not sure that Jackie deserved to be in the bottom two. And for sure, she didn't deserve the double SAVE!! Heidi won that lip synch. Fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 65May 2, 2020 11:49 PM

I thought Sherry should have been in the bottom for using a look she's used before.

And Crystal has major balls to try those looks she pulled off.

by Anonymousreply 66May 2, 2020 11:54 PM

r65 and r66 see r64 and link.

by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2020 11:58 PM

Wait. I thought this was about the CELEBRITY Drag Race?

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2020 4:53 AM

It IS about Celebrity Drag Race, so don’t you be dragging no garden-variety, run-of-the-mill, everyday drag queens in here! Lord have mercy!

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2020 5:07 AM

Yeah. The regular drag queens done already done had theirses threads.

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2020 5:08 AM

Thanks R64

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2020 10:01 PM

Maybe Loni Love told the story so many times she didn't feel like saying it again. Before she did comedy, she wanted to be an engineer but whenever she gave an interview they would tell her to dress better. She had very little money at the time and struggled to find work, so she couldn't buy new clothes. That's why the charity is important to her. She also hated being judged by appearance and not intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2020 5:36 AM

R72 Liked her loads.

by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2020 6:09 AM

Her milky loads?

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2020 6:25 AM

That was a weird remark, r73.

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2020 3:55 PM

That roast was hysterical!

Seriously, they need to bring the writers of this show over to the main Show.

I’m loving all the celebrities so far.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2020 6:57 AM

That Matt is a hunk of a man I want him, nay, I need him

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2020 2:01 PM

Hilarious roast....and they all delivered!

Dustin was funny but I had to think a minute to put him in Schitt's Creek..... Alex was okay and Ray was pretty funny.

Glad that it was a tie - because they did all bring it!

Next week ALYSSA EDWARDS!!! I hope they do more with her than last time.

by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2020 2:17 PM

Dustin was so cute. I’d love to help him tuck.

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2020 2:22 PM

How do you tuck? Do you just pull everything between your legs and your cheeks? Do you put the tape on your underwear or on your skin?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2020 2:28 PM

Watch and learn r80.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2020 2:46 PM

Oh and Kim Chi is fat.

by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2020 3:01 PM

That is one beautiful cock on him

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2020 4:01 PM

That singer from Glee identifies as male?

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2020 9:03 PM

Take a seat R84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2020 9:10 PM

Dude looks like a lady.

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2020 10:07 PM

Dustin Milligan is obviously such a real fan of drag and the show and being on the show meant so much to him. It warms my bitter little heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2020 10:18 PM

Yes, Alex Newell knows how to wear a wig like a pro.

RuPaul was gushing over his voice. I must say, this song is fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2020 11:24 PM

Kim Chi as a mentor...BWHAHAHAAHAHAH. Anyone pity fucked the talentless fuck yet?

by Anonymousreply 89May 9, 2020 11:33 PM

according to an episode of Unhhhh, Trixie at least made out with her R89

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2020 12:38 AM

Kim Chi is the most disgusting AND juvenile Drag Race contestant of all time. I can't stand that lisping bitch. He's famously a virgin, which doesn't help his kindness level much. You can tell he smells under all that costumery. I wish they would have put on some one surprising like Tatianna or Mariah or even Morgan. A bitch that has a personality and can mentor. Lots of alumni queens are great. Kim Chi was to please the ugly fanbase of gender confused teens and old fat fags. He's grotesque.

We know Bob can't do makeup. He has everything done for him. Bob is an enterprise. And still looks that bad. Alex Newell had a great costume and was the draggiest of the the three - but his makeup was terrible. Fix this VH1. The hot guy had good drag makeup, but he looked far less attractive as a woman. He's a bit of a brick. Isserman is such a ham, but he was a big sexy bitch, even with that jaw. Fun show.

by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2020 12:52 AM

[quote]Hilarious roast....and they all delivered!

They had writers that helped them develop material.

by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2020 12:55 AM

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote] He's a bit of a brick.

Well, he is Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2020 7:22 AM

What does being a "brick" mean? No clue.

by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2020 5:56 PM

R95 I don't know, either, but it sounds like something lifeless and dense and all-purpose and generic to me. Like a characterless stock player.

Am I close?

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2020 5:59 PM

Being a "brick" means having very masculine features, such as a big square jaw, protruding brow bone and a thick or more muscular body. Features that are much more difficult to feminize with contour and makeup, padding and corsets.

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2020 6:31 PM

R97 Oh. Is that drag lingo?

And does it come from Tennessee Williams? That would make sense, but if so, then Brick should be capitalized.

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2020 6:35 PM

What are the chances Rudy Giuliani will be in the last episode?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Brick and Big Daddy and Maggie the Cat: are ALL of these from gay lingo? Tennessee Williams just gets better and better.

by Anonymousreply 100May 12, 2020 2:50 PM

Dustin looks like Lady Gaga with a better nose.

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2020 12:30 AM

Huhhh, interesting...according to Dustin's IG, someone did his makeup, and not his mentor.

by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2020 12:33 AM

R102 Shannel, Laila McQueen, and Mayhem Miller were brought in to do makeup. Shannel posted on her social media that they even filmed a segment for the first episode featuring her (and presumably the other queens doing makeup) but it was cut from the episode, and by the next one it looked like they scrapped that idea entirely since they had the mentors holding brushes as if they did the makeup.

by Anonymousreply 103May 13, 2020 12:39 AM

The mentors aren't doing shit. Bob can't do makeup. They are stars and divas in their own right now. NOT as much as they think, though. Can't you tell that the celebrity contestants barely bond with them at all? They barely seem to know each other on the runway. This is the RuPaul way of doing things. Alyssa and Bob may be fun to some, but the arrive with a full entourage and always late. Trinity and Shannel are a lot nicer. Kim Chi is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 104May 13, 2020 12:41 AM

Mayhem's cut segment below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 13, 2020 12:42 AM

And Shannel's CUT feature

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 13, 2020 12:42 AM

Wow, she’s amazing!

It is too bad that she was cut out.

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2020 1:34 AM

R104 How is Kim Chi a sociopath? I'm curious, what has she done?

by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2020 1:36 AM

Yes, I talked about this in the main drag race thread, but it is sad those queens are getting any camera time or recognition for their work.

They are just pretending the fan favorite stars are doing the make up and giving them credit for their work. The make up is a huge, huge part of someone's drag transformation.

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2020 1:42 AM

I have been watching old All Stars seasons to avoid the news. A few discoveries/things forgotten:

1. Vanessa Williams was not only a judge on a prior season, but she judged a lip sync in which Trixie played Dolly Parton. Curious that Vanessa was assigned Dolly Parton in the celebrity edition...

2. All Stars season one, from 2012, includes an episode in which Kelly Osbourne and the daughters of Pia Zadora and...Vanessa Williams were made into drag queens. They were introduced with their own names and it was obvious no one knew who they were. Interesting that Vanessa called her daughter on the 2020 episode to show off her drag outfit.

3. As bad as I remember the first season of All Stars being, it was even worse. The teams-only design was destined to be a total failure. Why, for example, should Pandora have been tethered to someone certain to lose and have zero independent chance of saving herself? It was the worst.

That’s all. I’m having a sleepless night.

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2020 5:07 AM

This is just SHADY.

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2020 5:31 AM

Vanessa's husband, the tall and very handsome Rick Fox also judged on the DR panel. They're not married anymore but he is one of the few straight men to appear on the judging panel. I think they have a daughter together. He judged that terrible wrestling challenge in Season 4. I think Jiggly won!!

Ru is not very social but it seems that he and Vanessa are real friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2020 5:39 AM

They must have broke the budget on the first three episodes, because tonight's "celebrities" are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2020 1:37 AM

^ I don't know none of these whores

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2020 1:43 AM

The Vanessa Williams episode must have originally been scheduled to air this week. My episode description says that RuPaul “saved the best for last.” That definitely is not this bunch.

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2020 1:44 AM

R114 I will shamefully admit to playing this song more than a few times. I know nothing about her though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2020 1:55 AM

It won't be easy for Madison Beer to change my opinion of her because I don't know who the fuck she is.

by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2020 2:00 AM

Wow, MB has 26 million views of one of her music videos. I have never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2020 2:05 AM

I hate to say it, but I missed Miss Vanjie. And she's a literary queen? She guessed Junie B. Jones!

by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2020 3:37 AM

Vanjie was the best part of the episode

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2020 3:50 AM

According to Wikipedia, Madison got a record deal at age 13 after Justin Bieber tweeted this video.

She looked like herself with heavy eye makeup. That’s my only issue with the women-in-drag episodes: if they already run around in full drag, then there’s the shock factor?

I did find the other two women endearing, though.

I don’t think this multi-pilot season of ‘celebrity’ drag race is going to attract any actual celebrities. Vanessa Williams was a coup. Some of the others were enjoyable—but who the hell are they? I do know Dustin Mulligan, but that’s it, and as sweet as he seems to be, he and Vanessa Williams take up entirely different strata in the celeb world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2020 9:27 AM

[quote]That’s my only issue with the women-in-drag episodes: if they already run around in full drag, then there’s the shock factor?

Honey drag isn't just makeup and high heels...it's a state of mind!

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2020 10:30 AM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bitch. God, I love Vanjie lol

I really liked Phoebe's runway, I thought both she and Hayley looked like drag queens and Madison looked lovely and really pretty, but she looked like a model.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2020 2:00 PM

All the women at the beginning of the show: “I want to do this because drag lets you find out who you are. It makes you confident.”

All the women at the end of the show: “I had no idea drag would make me feel so confident! It showed me who I really am!”

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2020 2:02 PM

Didn't watch after the intros......

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2020 2:07 PM

Vangie is the only queen I've seen whose makeup has not improved since being on the show. It's a puzzlement.

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2020 6:01 PM

Vangie dresses like New Jersey trash and has a voice like angry sandpaper, and she’s just pure entertainment. I did not get the “Miss Vaaaaangie” thing. It annoyed the hell out of me, honestly. But from the time she came back the following season, I’ve found her endearing and compelling.

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2020 6:09 PM

Ru Paul just comes across as a very nasty man

by Anonymousreply 128May 23, 2020 12:45 PM

Apparently, episodes two and four were swapped since the first was received poorly.

I didn't get Madison Beers drag character. It was like she used it as an excuse to sexualize herself.

by Anonymousreply 129May 23, 2020 7:30 PM

Why was the first episode poorly received? Was it because "celebrity" wa actually stretched beyond recognition?

by Anonymousreply 130May 23, 2020 8:54 PM

Spoiler Alert: I’m the next Secret Celebrity! And don’t worry, no one has ever heard of me!

by Anonymousreply 131May 23, 2020 9:24 PM

Shannel apparently tweeted (and deleted) that Madison Beer was a terrible client when she did Madison’s drag makeup. I imagine she and her stage mom wanted her to still be recognizable and “pretty,” which is why her runway look was more pedestrian and “fashion”-y. She was dull and lifeless for the entire episode.

I thought the 2nd and 3rd episodes were good. I hope it gets renewed again and attracts celebrities of a slightly higher profile, maybe D an C list rather than Z-list.

by Anonymousreply 132May 23, 2020 10:05 PM

I’d like to see all the judges and choreographers put through a challenge with former contestants judging them.

by Anonymousreply 133May 23, 2020 10:14 PM

Bob the Drag Queen spills in this podcast that Nico threw a tantrum after Dustin Connor won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 27, 2020 4:14 AM

Bob wishes he could wear this wig and brush it out like a real girl. The Drag Race franchise has become a polyester suit. A parody of itself. Bob ain't no drag queen. He's a 6'4 failed actor with an entourage. With few exceptions, the losers are the real winners on Drag Race. Pearl sucked on the show - but she doesn't anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 27, 2020 4:36 AM

r135, I love Pearl's "Roxanne"- I know someone very much like her.

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2020 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!